Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all at all, So.
Speaker 4: Don't given them back A million busy.
Speaker 5: Listening to.
Speaker 6: Show up to I don't Joy, Yeah, Joy, you gotta do that, you love.
Speaker 4: You gotta turn.
Speaker 5: You have to turn the mouth to turn probably got to turn the mouth, turn out, turn the water.
Speaker 4: Then up, come.
Speaker 2: Come on you, b uh, I sure will. Good morning everybody. You are listening to the voice.
Speaker 7: Come on now, Disney want of only Steve Harvey got what radio show man? What you're doing with it? Trying to do the very very best I can with it?
Speaker 2: I really am.
Speaker 7: You know, I get tired sometimes on my journey. I'm not gonna kid you. Trying to make something about yourself is a task. If you want to attempt to do something, and and understand going in that that if the thing you're trying to do is to improve yourself, to better your position, to better your relationship, your family, anything, you're trying to be a better you. You're trying to make more money, you're trying to get it together, you're trying to change if any of those things are in your hopes and dreams, know this right here you are about to face some challenges. But you might as well go ahead anyway and face those challenges, because if you don't, you have a whole other set of challenges to face. You know, It's an amazing thing, man, how people sit around and they watch other people strike out to become successful. They sit in the stands watching these people play out these games, and they and they and they criticize, They boo, they laugh at their efforts and everything, and they talk about the failuse. He missed that game when he shot boy, he sunk man, he did this. He ain't worth that. I hear people who sit in stands who criticize people who are out there on the playing field. Now, when you're on the plane, feel you have a set of challenges in front of you. You're going to be open to criticism. You're going to be open to ridicule. You're going to be talked about when you don't know the people who are talking about you. Now, here's the upside to being the player on the field that's facing all the challenges, to criticisms, the laughing, the joke, to being talked about.
Speaker 2: He has something going for him.
Speaker 7: This person, boy, woman, child, girl, man has an opportunity to win. They have an opportunity to win. And in the game of life, just because you lose one of the games, or you lose one of the matches, it don't mean you've lost. You don't get put out. You keep playing. And when you playing, here's the upside. You have the opportunity to win. But guess what, You're gonna win some of the matches. You're gonna win some of the points. You're gonna make some of the dunks. You're gonna hit some of them over the wall. You're gonna hit some out the park. You're gonna score some goals. You will if you're playing the game. Here's the problem with the people who don't face criticism, who nobody boos or cheers for, who sits in the stands and knows neither victory nor defeat. Those people, without realizing it, are facing a set of challenges also. And the challenges they're facing is how I'm gonna live with myself? What I'm gonna do?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 7: What direction am I going in? Where am I gonna live? Wonder what job will hire me? Wonder if I can get paid for criticize?
Speaker 2: Ah, woe is me?
Speaker 7: I can't find the purpose in my life. And man, I'm just waking up in a state of confusion.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 7: Now, let me ask you something, which one of them set the challenges you'd rather be faced with? Because if I'm on the flow playing, if I'm on the field playing, if I'm out on the court playing, then guess what I got a chance at winning? But guess what I'm doing every day while I'm playing. I'm strategizing. I'm waking up with the purpose. I'm waking up trying to come up with another angle. I'm in pursuit of a goal every single day versus the people in the stands.
Speaker 2: Who know neither victory nor defeat. Get in the game, face the challenges.
Speaker 7: Better yourself, better your wife, better your children, better your condition, better your employment status, better your job, better your career. Take a shot. Come on, man, what you waiting on? Because the alternative is to watch other people play the game?
Speaker 2: You know what I just do? Sometimes Sometimes I just I.
Speaker 7: Get Forbes magazine or Money magazine, or sometimes I still grab a copy of the rob Report.
Speaker 2: I just flip through it just to see get I used to get.
Speaker 7: This book called Unique Homes, Unique Homes is a magazine that just has a lot of extravagant houses that's on sale across the country, across the world.
Speaker 2: I used to flip through. Man, let me just see, man, what the people that's playing the game out there doing.
Speaker 7: Stop watching other people become successful when you could very easily be you if you make the decision. But when you make the decision to become successful, get ready for a series of challenges.
Speaker 2: I think it's more difficult not to accept the challenge. I think it's for me.
Speaker 8: This is just for me.
Speaker 2: It may not be the case for you.
Speaker 7: For me, I think it's far more difficult to wake up and just see how life gonna go today, because man, it could just deal you any kind of hand today. You understand, I don't like you know, spades. Let's talk a card game for example, the game of spades. Really, man, it ain't a whole lot you can do if you don't get no spades. Really, it's a little couple of little strategies you're gonna do. But you can have all this age, king, queen, diamond all you want. But man, you ain't got no spades. They cutting them. You're in trouble. Be it with different game. You can create what's in your hand. You got dealt a hand too, But you can create a hand, you can call a trump. You can make diamonds your you can make hard to clubs your spades. That's what I'm saying. What you can do something with it. It's a different game, man. You can strategize. I would rather have a say so in my life than to wake up every day and just see how it's going. I think it's more difficult to not accept the challenge to be something than it is to accept the challenge to be something. I think it's more difficult to sit around and not be nothing. I think it's harder to watch everybody in life going somewhere but mine. I think it would be very difficult for me to sit here and hear them talking about other people that never mentioned my name.
Speaker 2: That would be difficult for me.
Speaker 7: To see everybody rising getting promotions accept me. That would be difficult for me. It may not be for you, but for me it would be quite challenging. I would rather accept the challenge of making something out of my life than to sit there and criticize those and then watch and see how my life just may go Okay, just a thought.
Speaker 9: Today you're listening morning show.
Speaker 7: Ladies and gentlemen. The time is here again. I just can't believe how he keep giving me these new opportunities. I'm so grateful for it, man, I am so grateful for it. I got a little news this morning, so I didn't say thank you this morning. So I'm let me stop right now. I say thank you, Lord. I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I really do all.
Speaker 7: Whatever you're taking me through, I know you got me, that's for sure. I have a track record with the Lord, and you do too. And let me remind you of what it is. Everything you've ever gone through, every bad day, every troubled time, every challenge, and every hardship, you have survived them all. Your track record for surviving rough, bad, unthinkable days. Your track record is one hundred percent. You have survived them all. I would expect to continue.
Speaker 2: To do so.
Speaker 7: So as I go through whatever you're going through out there, whatever it is you're going through, just remember the words I heard from Tom Hanks.
Speaker 2: Too shall pass. Yeah will. Welcome to the Steve Harvey Marty show Man. You better know it.
Speaker 7: Charley Strawberry calling for real, Mississippi Monica Junior, whose government name is kill lawan space KLS radio station in Beautford, Montana.
Speaker 2: The legend that is nephew Tommy Junior.
Speaker 10: Yeah, what is it today? Man, I'll tell you what it is today. We's seventeen days for Christmas and I ain't got nothing for her.
Speaker 2: Don't.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to tell you. I'm trying to tell you I'm in that. I'm in that same spot, Tomas spot.
Speaker 2: I'm in that. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Can I tell you something I did? Something I did I did yesterday. I was thinking about it, so I drove the neighborhood. I said, I gotta get a something. I drove my neighborhood and looked around and I realized, I said, I got it.
Speaker 11: I saw people with dogs.
Speaker 2: What's that? Yeah?
Speaker 10: No, no, that ain't what she finnah get Now you're gonna buy it? Said, noin' even a bouy, no dog. I'm gonna get it, though, is a lama? Because ain't nobody in the neighborhood got a lama.
Speaker 11: See, I'm gonna up the game.
Speaker 1: Lamas is inn.
Speaker 4: In the yard.
Speaker 7: Both in your face. What you're gonna do? Yeah, because you know that's what they do. Soon that little long neck lama, spit in your face. What you're gonna do?
Speaker 11: I know, I'm just saying I thought it was a graduate, could be the first one.
Speaker 7: Michael Jackson had a giraffe. Michael Jackson had a monkey name Bubbles. Michael jacks had money to pay for all that. So you got a homeowners association?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so I can't have no lama. What you telling me?
Speaker 7: No, No, gonna get one. You're gonna find out how black you really are. Gone, gone get one. Let them white folks out there see this lama watchings here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know what you fin in the half when you buy that lama and you show them white folks, you know what you're fins have a crisis.
Speaker 2: What you're going What you're gonna feed a lama dog?
Speaker 8: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Your little sick ass down to google it?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 11: Y'all kill all my dream, every last one of them.
Speaker 7: Kill your ass out there, sick trying to you talking about bro. You trying to get something for your wife. You know, drove the neighborhood and saw a dog. You decided to get a lama. Yees wrong, you've been You've been talking to Tommy too much.
Speaker 1: Coming up in thirty two minutes after we'll hear from the nephew. Is he runs that prank back right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening hard Morning show.
Speaker 1: It is time now to run that prank back with a nephew.
Speaker 2: What you got for his nev I got unorthodox methods.
Speaker 12: Unorthodox methods, all right, I'm trying to help somebody get pregnant.
Speaker 2: Let's go cat.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 13: Hello.
Speaker 8: Hello, I'm trying to reach trying to reach brother Robert and speaking. Hey, how you doing. I'm calling you from the church. How you doing, brother man?
Speaker 13: I'm doing super fantastic. Every day above ground is a good day.
Speaker 8: That's good. That's good. Hey, hey, listen, man, we wanted to be in one of the brothers of the church. I wanted to give you a call.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 8: You didn't make it today, but you well, you know, your wife stood up to date and asked us to keep you all in our prayers because y'all definitely trying to bring a new child into the world. And she let us know that. You know, she's being a little older now forty one forty two, you know, she said it takes a little longer to try and conceive a child. Than you know in your earlier years. So we definitely wanted to let you know, man that we got y'all in our prayers. Man. Man, you just don't know how much we appreciate that. Man.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we've been trying, but I know with prayers all things are possible.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, we definit we want to definitely want to keep you out in our prayers.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 8: And uh, I hope that you are able to conceive this child and bring you know, bring bring, bring bringing new our new child in to this world. You know that the books to be PROOFU and aultiplies definitely definitely.
Speaker 14: Now who's this again?
Speaker 8: Brother brother Aston. I don't know if you know me directly, but I'm I'm brother, one of the brothers at the church.
Speaker 13: Okay, okay, brothers, thank you not not not not not not Brother Robert.
Speaker 8: What I want to ask you, man, was have you considered any any alternatives methods as far as you know, maybe helping this situation? Uh, we've looked at a few.
Speaker 13: What what what what are you referring to as an alternative?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean I think I have a good thing then that that might be able to help this thing speed up the process and and and and you guys be expecting in no time. Man, Man, we're definitely over for some things like that.
Speaker 13: What what what what you got in mind?
Speaker 8: I mean, uh, well what I have is a little a little unorthodox, man, But I think if you allow me to help you on this, man, I think that you'll be definitely satisfied. And you know, man, if nine months or not, you got to be at the hospital wait looking for you your baby, for your paper girl. You know who classify and art to doctor. Okay, see what I have in mind, man, is have you considered maybe like a surrogate father? Clarify, clasified, say, I'm thinking the wrong thing. I don't want i want to make ship will.
Speaker 14: On the same page.
Speaker 8: What do you mean by Sarah? The fuck? Well? What it is man is you know you know, of course a Sarah mother is someone that will carry a child for those that cannot carry one. You know what I'm saying, right right? So what what?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 8: What? I've gone to the doctor and got myself checked out, man, good physical and everything. I'm physically fitting everything. And you know, maybe I guess the complications are coming from h you as far as the child not being you know, you're not being able to conceive right now now, I ain't ain't nothing wrong with me man? Okay, Now what you mean by you physically fit?
Speaker 14: I mean, what the hell they got to do with share?
Speaker 8: But see what I'm saying here, if if well you know, if you if you allow me to come over and and supply my services. I mean, let's say, if you left for a weekend, man, and I stayed over there by the time you get back there, what's.
Speaker 14: The wrong with you? Is just what's going on at this church? Man? Am I at the room? Church?
Speaker 13: You telling me?
Speaker 7: You try?
Speaker 14: Help me understand you saying you want to come over and have sex with my worfe.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, I mean, don't don't look at it like that. Don't look at it like that. Look at it. I'm helping you telling me is iretically you just say you go what excuse me?
Speaker 14: Okay, you want to come out of sex with my No?
Speaker 8: No, no, I want to come over and just apply my services man, and put you guys in a better position that you will be there your family life. You understand what I'm saying. You understand whre I'm coming from. Now. I don't like you tell me.
Speaker 15: You want to have sex with my life?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 14: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 8: Hold on, hold on now this this this brother awesome. Man, listen see what I'm what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 14: Man, I don't give up you Brother Chas whose brother Austin? Man, I don't know you. And then you talking about the church. What kind of is this? This is thousand down at this church?
Speaker 16: Now?
Speaker 8: Really, the church don't have nothing to do with this. It's me calling you to Linden.
Speaker 14: Will you come to me.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to be if you allow me to be the surrogate father. I don't have a pregnant boy the end of the week.
Speaker 14: Man, you got me. As soon as I say I'm coming to the boss study Tuesday to see you, you show up a Bible study.
Speaker 8: So you okay? Okay? Gary Kitton, you want to have brother? Brother White said, what amount of man? You keep looking at that like that? How are we gonna get this? Are we gonna get past this so we can get you to this child? Man, we actually gonna get pasted it. You talk about having sex with my wife?
Speaker 14: Where are your wife?
Speaker 8: Said?
Speaker 14: Brother, you ain't got no way.
Speaker 8: So I have a wife, Brother Robert. What I'm trying to do is help you along with yours and getting this child conceived. That's what I'm trying to help.
Speaker 14: You can't help me talking about having sex with my wife. You say that on ans do? I don't think you was going that far with it. You're getting my phone number?
Speaker 8: Well, you know we we have people listened at the church. We have all phone numbers listened. He list mine. And when I get that to you, I hope to see you that I'm gonna punch you as ask Hey, look man, why don't I Why don't I speak to your wife when she comes to church this week? And I see how I don't sell thing of my wife? Hold on, I'm just gonna talk to her, see how she feels about maybe maybe you know using this to te man. Don't even look in the direction, brother, man who wants you?
Speaker 14: I need to see you myself?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 5: What what?
Speaker 8: What? What is all the anger?
Speaker 13: Though?
Speaker 8: Brother?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 5: Do?
Speaker 14: You may be angry? You just sitting there telling me that's the script. I'm gonna come ask sex with your wife? Get angry?
Speaker 8: Okay, brother, I got one more thing I need to tell you. Get Are you ready? For can I say this, man, you better hundred before I hang up? And your say, Okay, are you listening, brother Roberson, I didn't listen.
Speaker 14: I'm kind of listening.
Speaker 8: This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harby Morning Show. You just got prayed by your wife.
Speaker 14: Man, what's you say?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 14: Tell me you shouldn't be doing. Take that, man, I'm about to have a rest, come to tell you about it goes straight towards semis in the mouth. He didn't look for you on that one man?
Speaker 8: Who All right, hey, one more thing, man, tell me this what is what is the baddest I'm talking about the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 14: The Steve home of his Morning show with as Steve and Tiger Dad.
Speaker 8: You tell me.
Speaker 14: Y'all while over there, man.
Speaker 1: Right, thank you you. Coming up next it is as the c R. You're listening Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour and ertainment news businessman Russell Simmons speaks out about his eighteen sexual assault allegations from back in twenty seventeen. Fifty cent is making a documentary about Didty sexual assault allegations and donating the money to Ditty's victims and or his alleged victims, I should say, and we have an update on the mass shooting at UNLV. We'll talk about all of these stories coming up at the top of the hour, but right now, as we switch gears, it is time to ask the CLO Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey. Judy and Encino says, I used to work as a model in an upscale club to get single men to come spend a lot of money. I met my man there and I stopped working immediately. Since I met him at the club, I have a hard time trusting him. How do I know he's being faithful?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you met him at the club.
Speaker 7: Now you have a hard time trusting him because are you saying that because he met you at the club? Yeah, I mean I don't understand why you have a hard time trusting him. Obviously you have trust issues. Something has happened to you and your past possibly could be baggage. But I don't know that he's done anything. You didn't say he's doing this or that, so I don't know he's done anything.
Speaker 2: To cause that.
Speaker 7: It's just that you're saying you worked at a model in the club and now you met him at the club, and now you stop working. But you have a tough time trusted him. I don't know what to tell you. I don't really have because you I have no particulars. Maybe the guy's trustworthy. Why would you not trust him because he met you in the club, and you know that's where y'all met. You was in the club. See, it's hard to judge you now because you was in the club too. Y'all met in the club. So he just meeting women at clubs. Now you was in the club, all right.
Speaker 1: Moving on to Mercedes in Harlem. Mercedes says, I walked in on my ex and my sister in the shower together last year. Now they're dating, and my sister took him to meet our grandma. My grandma told him he couldn't come in her house. My sister blames me for it. How was the sinny of my fault?
Speaker 2: It's not. It's not your fault, it's your sister's fault.
Speaker 7: But have you ever have you ever met a person that did something wrong to you before and then blamed you for the wrong You know, I don't. I don't know an adult that that ain't happened to right, you don't even have to put that on your list of concerns. It ain't She can blame who she want to blame. Now when you say you walked in on your sister and your ex in the shower together, and then your grandmama say he can't come in her house? Okay, here's now what I'm asking you is this was he your ex me in or was is he your ex?
Speaker 2: Because of that?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 2: Either way?
Speaker 7: Yea, yeah, either way your sister got a order, sister, yeah for dating your ex or causing him to be your ex either way. But he can't come in your grandmama house. That's all he went on taking to introduce your grandma. Grandmama said you can't, you can't come in here. Yeah, you trifling come over here, up in here, yeah, all over here, all for both these grand baby house that you're gonna come in here. He can't come in my house and he can't right, So now she blame you. How that's your fault?
Speaker 2: Stop?
Speaker 7: Let put day trash to meet her mama. This my new No, no, this my new man. Wasn't that Keseh your man? Because he had been over here before?
Speaker 2: Yeah, grandmama is not, so he done been to.
Speaker 7: The Grandmama House twice with two different people. Right, yeah, yes, white people don't do that. I got news for you. White people don't do that. Mexicans don't do that.
Speaker 1: All right, We're moving on to d C in Kansas City. D C says, I had a freaky lady friend over and she left a pair of handcuffs on my nightstand. When my girlfriend saw them, she got excited and wanted to have sex. I don't do wild things like that with my girl because she's special. Should I try it just for her?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You better cut them up or you're gonna have to ask the questions about what you got cuff up. Make sure you know where that key at the dog. I don't do handcuffs. You're not handcuffing me to a damn thing. Not gonna happen, No, sir, Oh, I've had it suggestion about.
Speaker 1: Trust, no, and you always said no. You've always said no to it.
Speaker 2: Yep, you ain't handcomfort me to the bed. I can't grab my hand. Huh doing what you want to do?
Speaker 4: What is turning on?
Speaker 7: That's when I get kicked in the Jall. Your ass gonna be unconscious till I find a way to get out there. You're not gonna be down there doing what you won't.
Speaker 8: Do to me?
Speaker 4: What did you turn it on?
Speaker 1: But but you wouldn't want that though you you wouldn't want that. Just a woman to have her way with you. No, I mean course do that.
Speaker 2: But I got to be able to push you though.
Speaker 1: I got to have my pushing for.
Speaker 2: We can't be tied up, can't do nothing. Yeah, the house, what is that tied up about?
Speaker 8: What is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're biting too hard. I said, you're biting too hard.
Speaker 10: It ain't it ain't.
Speaker 2: Last one.
Speaker 1: You ain't your choice, last one, last one. Evelyn and Augusta says, my thirteen year old grandson wants to stay with me the week of Christmas instead of going to New York with his mom. I told my daughter to make him go, whether he likes it or not. She's being a friend, not a parent. She called me old fashioned, am I?
Speaker 2: No, you want your Christmas to yourself? You know what you're goin to do?
Speaker 4: Thirteen year old?
Speaker 2: Well, he's playing on Herbert coming over there?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you want to You want to Herbert coming over you and want Deshonte to know about it. Herbert and Deshona. Herbert ain't gonna understand why I take him week. You gotta ship him off, You gotta ship him all. Now he got to go.
Speaker 2: To New York. Then you ain't got bowl and gifts and stuff. Get his ass on that plane.
Speaker 1: So is she being old fashioned?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 4: Like her daughter said, these people kill me.
Speaker 2: We the grandparents get the parenting. Yeah yeah, baby ass home.
Speaker 7: Herbert Christmas and then uh Deacon ForSight or be there for New Year's.
Speaker 1: Even Herbert and Herbert her all right, thank you, Celo. Coming up next, we have some entertainment news for you right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 9: Morning show.
Speaker 1: Entrepreneur Russell Simmons is in the news lately after so many online sources have mentioned him as also being accused of sexual assault back in twenty seventeen by eighteen women. He's been silent and reportedly spends most of his time abroad, but he appeared on a podcast this week and he finally opened up about his accusations. Simmons admitted that he has taken a total of nine light detector tests since being accused of sexual assault, and he denied any violent allegations against him and added that he had seven of the nine light detector tests administered by the chairman of the Polygraph Association. Simmons stated, quote, women and celebrities maybe in some cases are a little different. But we don't want not to believe women. We have to believe women. We have to give them the benefit of the doubt. But we can't demonize people without proof either. That's what Russell Simmons said.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that's a true statement, because that's a very very true statement. You have to believe women, and then at the same time, you do have to prove your allegations. If you have proof, then everybody got to pay. But what happens sometimes there are false accusations. There are people who are really trying to get a check. Please understand that. Now, listen that there are people who are trying to get a check. There are real victims in this world too, and those are the ones we.
Speaker 2: Have to protect.
Speaker 7: But it's the ones who try to get a check that make it hard for the ones who are real victims to be taken with the right content. So I think they have to come up with a way to address women's issues immediately as they have I think, and then after that you do have to come with some proof. Now, in the case of Russell Simmons, ain't nobody come up with nothing? Man, nothing the accusation, because here's an example of something I saw once. This is example of something I saw. Just an example, folks. A girl had intimate relationships with a guy, consensual. Something happened in the relationship, they broke up, and now here come I had unwanted sex with him. Now we're into a problem. But then what you call unwanted sex, now you got you start thinking of some real serious charges here, and you know, but you you're in a consensual relationship. It's just you get into that area. And I understand that some people do things out of vindictiveness and some people are real victims. So you need to come to support.
Speaker 1: The victims, right, And that's the proof.
Speaker 2: For these women.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and a lot of them have proof, man, Yeah, a lot of them. If they got it, they got it. But if you don't, now you know.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, moving on to fifty cent, he must not have anything better to do because he still focus on troubles.
Speaker 2: What are you saying that?
Speaker 1: Fifties announced that he is rolling out a documentary on Diddy's alleged sexual assault and abuse. And the money now, this is a good thing. Now, if he does earn money from this documentary, it's going to go to Ditty's victims. According to t m Z, fifty plans to highlight all of the accusations that have come out in the past two weeks on Diddy, and a rep for fifty and g Unit Film and TV did confirm to TMZ that the documentary is a real thing, but there is no release date yet.
Speaker 2: He did, he did? There you go? Did did he did?
Speaker 5: He did?
Speaker 1: He's got the documentary.
Speaker 2: I don't want to I don't.
Speaker 11: Want to be but I'm telling you, but he brings me so much joy because every day he let me go.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, if he did it, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he has some real if he did at the end, you know right, I mean you know you can't you know, sexual abuse? Man, this this stuff right here that that ain't what it is.
Speaker 2: And I don't me personally, I don't. I just don't understand it, man, I don't. I don't get it. It's way too many volunteers for this. You can you can meet, bro, some.
Speaker 1: People that power though, and they're you know, control the power.
Speaker 2: Somebody you understand somebody's sleep and unconscious. I understand none of that.
Speaker 1: In the world.
Speaker 2: I don't get that forcing I ain't. I don't want no date, drugs or.
Speaker 8: Girl.
Speaker 7: That now that right there, I'm not trying to hear that for you. See, once you go with that, you think, then brouh, you guy should go up under this prison and they gonna come for you. I'm you don't do children, get that, boy, you don't do no damn, you don't do it nobody but when you come to a child. But you know, man, look it's too much out here. And I understand what you're saying about. It's the power. A lot of it is the power abuse it. But I guess I was just raised different, man. I just it was into my head.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: I had two older brothers and two older sisters. My youngest sister is twenty years older than me. That's my youngest sister. She twenty years old than me. So I got a sister that's eighty six, and then my brother is eighty seven. I look, man, I mean not eighty seven. I'm sorry, seventy U seventy seven. I just I was just talkt this is how you treat people. This is how you treat women. Don't y'all couldn't even talk back to my sisters? Ain't that nothing? Who can't talk back to their sister?
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 1: Mind you kind of respect the women to talk about Mona.
Speaker 2: Mona beat me. No, if I talked back to Mona, she beat me. You shut up? Come on in here, shut up.
Speaker 1: You're the baby baby boy. Yeah, well, we will be watching seeing how these stories play out.
Speaker 2: Of course, keep us posting on airthing all hot is going.
Speaker 1: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour. President Biden has plans to cancel five billion dollars more in student loan debt. This is major. We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening hard Morning show.
Speaker 1: The Biden administration announced plans to cancel another five billion dollars in student loan debt, which will help over eighty thousand borrowers. This affects those in income driven Repayment forgiveness and public service loan forgiveness programs. The Supreme Court struck down President Biden's initial student loan forgiveness program, but the administration has found other ways to provide debt relief to thousands of borrowers. Reportedly, most of the borrowers were already notified last month that their federal student loan debt would be canceled. President Biden was pleased and issued this statement, quote, we are continuing to pursue an alternative path to deliver student debt relief to as many borrowers as possible, as quickly as possible. Thank you Biden administration for that. I have billion dollars.
Speaker 7: No really, man's yeah. You've got to give some dead relief to these people, man, so they can get on with their life. That was one of the things that Robert Smith accomplished by giving the thirty eight million dollars with a debt relief to those marvel starts. The more costs it changed, you up, man, it's like having a shackles. You can't move forward with that kind of debt and that type of interest. And in other countries, man, that's why we're falling behind in education, because other countries make these types of educations freely to their students, so they can produce the best in the finest minds. We in America we all about profits. We ain't helping you left of money. That's why we got sick people on the street. That's why we got homeless people because America is supposedly the greatest company in the country, in the world. They don't do things for their people unless you can afford to be to pay for it to How great is that? But you're taxing us, all of us on this show. Pay taxes. Yell, I pay them student loan. If you get a job, you got student loans and taxes. That's before you even start your life. It's a great thing what the Biden administration is done. And you know they've got to focus on this stuff for this upcoming election because Trump is just far in a way that God, these people, these Trump fanatics, they just all in. Man, this guy can't say nothing. Oh it's not gonna change. They said they locked. They are locked.
Speaker 1: The people that are listening is like, what Biden administration, what they have done.
Speaker 3: You think about if you have a child that's getting ready to go to college, or you have a have a child that's going to college in two years, or you have you have to vote, you have to keep these kind of things in mind and in a place for when you get ready to It's the future.
Speaker 1: You want to think about it.
Speaker 7: If you can't forget it because the alternative is Donald Trump, and he ain't relieving no debt because he believes in it. And America's on the much more debt now because of Donald Trump. It ain't nobody talking about that.
Speaker 1: All right, again, thank you by the administration, and UH coming up next, we're switching gears here. Roscoe Wallace is coming by UH to hang out for ed. We'll hear from him and just a few right after this. You're listening hard Morning Show. All right, ladies and gentlemen. Roscoe Wallace, you hear him in the building. Take it away, hey, Roscoe?
Speaker 2: What'd you need?
Speaker 8: What do you know?
Speaker 1: It's holiday season, It's time, the holidays are here.
Speaker 12: What do you say?
Speaker 2: Okay, Jack fall live it that you know, go ahead, what you need.
Speaker 3: I was just going to ask you to sing your favorite Christmas songs. That's what I want to hear all day. You know, we had a lady that called yesterday that said she doesn't like your singing or Steve singing a Christmas song.
Speaker 2: Don't nobody give a day about day. You don't even know her name.
Speaker 4: No, I can't remember Steve Harvet Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Everybody know me, don't nobody know you? Come on with it. Can go, missletoo.
Speaker 16: I'm gonna get to know your bed, DoD chree mus fire your side, ladies and bride to go and get to it. We're Carolyn, come now through the night.
Speaker 2: Yay, This Christmas.
Speaker 4: Will be.
Speaker 2: Very special Christmas.
Speaker 8: To me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love that right there? Me and me, Me and Donny halfway wrote that together? Was that Chris? Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh Rosco?
Speaker 3: Oh you did you wrote this Christmas? I thought it was a lady that lived in Chicago and she wrote the song.
Speaker 1: Remember I heard about her?
Speaker 7: Another lady? Don't nobody know? Yes, man, we turned around you lady, and there another lady. Did you laid on that way? I say you laid on where Steve say that lady wrote this Christmas? Don't nobody know that lady. I'm tell you rock on Wallace Road.
Speaker 2: That's what they told you.
Speaker 4: And how did Donny have the way?
Speaker 2: Get it?
Speaker 4: Because I we wrote it together, y'all were in the studio together.
Speaker 2: I knew Donny daddy Oh what was his name?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That way, that's the way, that way, that way, that way had.
Speaker 7: The way even they will sit down together and then that way, I say that way. You you need a criminalosom he what you want to do, and I'll get rid of there?
Speaker 2: He said, what you know? We are where we will?
Speaker 1: We all call my boy.
Speaker 7: Donnie because Donnie sang it adam.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we And now how came that way?
Speaker 1: That's truth?
Speaker 6: You're laughing at yourself.
Speaker 1: R good, All right, will take us out, solid knight from the Ta.
Speaker 5: In my in my mother.
Speaker 1: Whoao gospel?
Speaker 8: In my mind.
Speaker 2: Thought shy nah, come on Russell sing it didn't know?
Speaker 8: Oh? Come?
Speaker 4: All of it is soul?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: They told me switch rup boom?
Speaker 5: He did boom?
Speaker 1: Did he switch the song? Did mix?
Speaker 2: Roastinding?
Speaker 7: Open fire by Rull?
Speaker 2: You gotta run them all the time?
Speaker 1: Does he never sings Santa Claus go straight to the ghetto. Seems like that's.
Speaker 7: Perfect that that's called James tried to shoe me. You know, his family listening coming up next to I haven't gay song to them gay kids listening and they're trying to shoot everybody.
Speaker 1: Frank phone call right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 9: Morning show.
Speaker 1: Coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject.
Speaker 9: Is he's a big man with a small mind.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it, get into that, find out what that's all about in just a few because right now it is the nephew's turn with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 7: Nephew, Well, y'all know we got we got children's daycare all over the country.
Speaker 2: Everybody drop their kids off at one point on time or another.
Speaker 12: But they also have in case you didn't know it, they have adult daycare, adult daycare, and now people getting dropped off. Older people getting dropped off every morning at adult daycare, get picked up in the evening and uh, one day, you know, all the Steve, I'll be dropping you off an adult daycare. I mean it just it happens, you know, I mean, it'll.
Speaker 2: Get to that point.
Speaker 7: But don't don't you worry. I'm gonna come back and pick you up. Any medical records, you got a bigger chance of being sick. Wow, bow you every time. That's right, here is adult daycare. Let's go get off.
Speaker 15: Hello.
Speaker 8: Hello, I'm trying to reach miss Sharon.
Speaker 14: Please, Yes, this is Sharon.
Speaker 8: Miss Sharon. It's my name is Evan. I'm giving you a call from adult daycare.
Speaker 15: Okay, good black day.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 8: My name is Evan and I got your number. And all your information here on file. It looks like you're going to be joining us starting on Monday. So we're excited to have you, and I want to just give you a call and kind of give you the lay of the land of.
Speaker 15: What we have here and how how much fun you're going to have being.
Speaker 8: Here most of the day with us. So, for my understandings, you're going to be here probably the majority of this year.
Speaker 15: What are you talking What are you talking about? Being there?
Speaker 8: Where you're at the adult daycare?
Speaker 15: Adult daycare?
Speaker 5: Where? Where's that?
Speaker 14: What are you okay?
Speaker 16: Evan?
Speaker 15: Is that what you said?
Speaker 14: Your name is Evan, my name.
Speaker 8: My name is Evan, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 15: And your daughter is Diane. Diane, that's my daughter.
Speaker 14: You know my daughter?
Speaker 8: Yes, Well, she's the one that has just signed up. You're going to be at the adult daycare, so I'm assuming she's going to be dropping you off every morning.
Speaker 15: And I don't know what the hell you're talking about, Evan, Evan, hang on a second, all right, First of all, I don't.
Speaker 14: Know who you are.
Speaker 11: You don't know who I am.
Speaker 15: I don't know how the you know who my daughter is? But this is this is really uh inappropriate and weird and like you trying to get what do you what do you want? You want money to me? Are you like a solicitor?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, ma'am, No, no, no, not at all, Miss Sharon. I'm your daughter has signed you up to be here at the adult daycare doing the day so you're going to I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 15: There's no way she would do that adult day here. What do I need to don't take care for?
Speaker 8: So what?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 8: Evidently are you home alone most of the time during the day. Who cares if I'm home alone?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 15: Why are you asking me that you're trying to break into my house?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 15: You are, man, I don't know who. Okay, look, I'm hooked up to that uh nine one one stuff things like I could just do a panic call right now and they'll trace this call and then will come to you and arrest you because you're harassing me.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, okay, miss Sharon, I'm not harassing you. Your daughter Diane came in and signed Diane up. Yes, she signed you up to go to this day here Monday, New Froddy. Why she's at work, so she's going to be dropping you off and then she'll pick you up in the evenings on her way home from work.
Speaker 15: You know where you got that from. I don't know who told you that. Yeah, you got my daughter's name. And this is literally's freaking me out, you know a little bit over here, Evan, because I don't know why you don't mind my name. You know my daughter's name.
Speaker 5: This is like the only reason I know you all the name, miss miss Sharon, is because she came in and gave all the information and she has paid for you to come to the adult daycare on a daily bid.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I hear, I hear.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 15: You sound like a nice guy, you know what I mean, Like you're smooth, you got a nice voice, You're you're you know, like you know what to say. I don't know who the hell you are, though, I know what you're talking about, you know what I mean? Like, I'm not going to know daycare center. I'm not going with daycare center taste because I'm fine. Just get that through your head. There's nothing wrong with me. I stay home, I got a dog, I walk the dog, I go gro the street, shopping. My daughter comes over everything. Sorry, I don't get no daycare center.
Speaker 8: Okay, I sing, there is there a reason why she would sign you up, man, she must think she must be looking out for your best. You know your health. Let me ask yourself.
Speaker 15: Let me ask you. Are you saying wele? Are you single? Are you married?
Speaker 8: What does that have to do anything?
Speaker 15: I'm not coming to no daycare center, all right, Evan. Like, if you want to come to my house and you want to see how I live, you can, I don't.
Speaker 8: I'm switching this.
Speaker 15: I'm switching it up.
Speaker 8: Okay, I don't need to come to your home. I'm more concerned about making sure you're comfortable here at the adult daycare when you get here on Monday.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm not coming there.
Speaker 12: That's it.
Speaker 15: I'm not coming there because there's nothing wrong with me. I'm not coming out of my house. But I'll say you what have and you?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 15: Like I like your voice? I just like your voice. How old are you? How old are I'm fifty fifty? You ever been with an eighty nine year old lady?
Speaker 8: Wow? Wow?
Speaker 14: Nine?
Speaker 15: And you sound really nice? That's all? Like, at first, I'm scared of you. At first, I wasn't to be honest, I was scared and now I'm not like, I don't know why. I'm just not you know what I mean? Like you just I'm not.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know you are.
Speaker 14: But okay, so well, will you be there?
Speaker 15: Will you be at the daycare center like you?
Speaker 8: Because I'd like.
Speaker 14: To meet you.
Speaker 8: I'll be at the daycare when you arrive on Monday.
Speaker 5: But I mean, not.
Speaker 8: Cool, miss Sharon, I won't be able.
Speaker 15: To I like that, Miss Sharon.
Speaker 8: That's nice, Okay, Okay, So should I should I reach out to Diane about this?
Speaker 14: He reach out to her?
Speaker 2: Sure, reach out to her.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, you're not Yeah, you're not gonna come in Monday.
Speaker 15: I'm I'm I'm like, I don't know, You're gonna be very just like Sharon.
Speaker 8: It's not about me, it's about you coming in and you're gonna this is where you're gonna be, uh, Monday through Friday from yeah, all right, you know there's there's there's there's other people your age here. There's there's a lot of ladies your age and a lot of.
Speaker 5: Men your age here.
Speaker 6: The ladies.
Speaker 15: I'm not in the ladies. I'm not in la.
Speaker 8: I didn't I'm not yeah, not into us.
Speaker 15: I'm in.
Speaker 16: I'm into you.
Speaker 8: Ok I think it's a situation like your your daughter doesn't want you to be by yourself?
Speaker 15: Could you could I call you back?
Speaker 5: Did I call you back?
Speaker 15: Yeah, let's call you back. Let me call you back in a couple of minutes. I'm on the and I got pulled my off of the thing.
Speaker 8: This is the first this has ever happened to me. Okay, uh, miss shared, Can I tell you who I am? I am nephew telling me from the Steve Hobby Morning Show. Your daughter Diane got me to prank call you. But I promise you you different.
Speaker 15: I promise you different. I promise you I'm different. You're related to Steve Harvey, like the guy on TV. Out of here. He is gorgeous. Hasn't call me back?
Speaker 13: Right? All right?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I love you?
Speaker 8: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: And there you have it. Adult they care? What is he talking about?
Speaker 8: Well? You know that.
Speaker 7: You know the little comment you made before we went out. You know you're gonna be rolling my uncle. You know, damn dayca rolling. I just said I would drop you all as you said was rolling. I'm not finna walk in no day. I'm gonna take you in there. I will pick you up on it in the evening. You know, I care for you, that's all I care for you, Tommy. You don't have to take care of you, but I'm just telling you coming back to you. I'm not going to take care of you directly.
Speaker 1: Though, all right, Yeah, coming up next Strawberry Letter. The subject is he's a big man, small.
Speaker 9: Mind.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please please please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARBFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now. You never know, it could be yours. It could be yours.
Speaker 2: Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you. Here it is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 1: Thank you, nephew. Subject He's a big man with a small mind. Just Stephen Shirley. I used to think I was the luckiest girl in my city because of who I was dating. My boyfriend is tall, with creamy brown skin and a decent body. He's on a city council and he sits on the board of a very prestigious private club in our city, and he's known for making things happen in our community. Dating him is not what I expected it to be, though. As soon as he changes out of his suit, he reverts to the little boy from the hood, and it's scary to be around him. He won't just have one drink, it's half the bottle, so I have to entertain him and laugh at his drunken sense of humor. I don't know. I didn't know he smoked an array of things, but he does, and he tried to do it in my house, but that's a no no. Sex is just as ghetto as he is, and it's a turn off unless he's sober. When he's drunk, he says all kinds of crazy things to me, like we're in a music video. There's no telling what he will say, and sometimes I can't help but laugh. In his car, he keeps mouth washed, breath mints and gum to hide what he did the night before. The thing that really bothers me about him is how closed minded he is in real life. We've been together for five months and we decided that we'd meet each other's family during the holidays. He told me that he doesn't fly at all, so we'd have to drive. I did not push the issue because clearly he's here to fly. He's never been out of the country and said he has no interest in seeing anything outside of Michigan. Yesterday, he said I should not hang on his every word because black people won't ever be equal to white He says, he tells the community what they want to hear. Can I reprogram this forty four year old man's brain and show him how to live? Or is this as good as it gets? Should I run for the hills. I don't even know why you guys are together at all, because there you go. I mean, you've been with this man for five months and you're already trying to change him. You said you want to reprogram his brain. I mean you're still getting to know him, and so far you don't like anything about him. I mean, this is who he is, and while you have major issues with how and who he is, he seems to be fine with who he is. You said dating him is not what you thought it was going to be. And yeah, that's a no, A resounding no. If you didn't know that he smokes everything like you say, and that he drinks, and you said it's scary to be around him. You said even sex with him is ghetto unless he's sober. I mean, your letter is full of complaints about this man, full of judgments about this man. Why are you still dating this man? Are you waiting for him to change? Because that's not going to happen. He doesn't want to fly at all. He's not interested in traveling anywhere outside of Michigan. We love Detroit, we love Michigan, all of that, but there's a whole world out there waiting to be seen. And I just don't understand what you guys have in common. You have not named one thing. This forty year old man slash city councilman is stuck in his ways and you can't change him, no matter how much you may want to. He's got power and position in his city, and he's cool with just the way things are. So your decision is to either accept who he is and deal with that, let him be who he's gonna be, or just get out while you can. Steve, Huh, why are you rubbing?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: He's strawberry letters man for those of you to think we make this up. Listen to me, Ain't nobody got this type of mind on the show? Can nobody come up with this?
Speaker 2: Right here?
Speaker 8: This is not.
Speaker 2: Listen to me.
Speaker 7: The whole letter is a contradiction. I don't understand how people write this much information.
Speaker 1: And read it back and press sin.
Speaker 7: This don't make no sense, then, Stephen Shirley, I used to think I was the luckiest girl in my city because of who I was dating.
Speaker 4: When did you think this? When I got to just say when?
Speaker 7: Because right after this then you say, he's on the city council sits on the bord of a proceduous private club, he's known for making things happen in our committey, in our community.
Speaker 4: But then right after that, after you told me what.
Speaker 7: The guy was, then you said dating him is not what I expected it to be though, Right, okay, So when did you think you was the luckiest girl in the city because of who you was dating? Because as soon as you started dating it, you said it turned out to be not what you think was.
Speaker 2: You know, he tall, with creamy brown skin and a decent body.
Speaker 7: See right there, that's a that's that's up for a conjecture decent body.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 7: That means we're dealing with several flaws. But he's tall and creamy, so whatever, any powerful, So you overlooked it.
Speaker 2: But then you say dating him wasn't that you expected it to be.
Speaker 7: As soon as he changes out of his suit, he reverts to the little boy from the hood, and it's scared to be around him. He won't have this wine. Drink is half the bottle. So I gotta entertain him and laugh and his drunken sense of humor. No you don't, No, you don't. I didn't know he smoked at a rare things he does, and he's tried to do it in my house, and that's a no no.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 7: Now he's smoking weed and a couple of other things. I don't know what if he's smoking.
Speaker 2: All right, hang on, Steve, stop this him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry letter subject is he's a big man with a small mind. We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 1: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is he's a big man with a small mind.
Speaker 2: All right, So let me take you all through this quickly.
Speaker 7: This woman wrote us and said she used to think she was the luckiest girl in the city cause of who she was dating. Her boyfriend is tall, creamy, brown skinned, decent body. So the title of the letter now throws me in. He's a big man with a small mind, brown skinned, decent body, brown skinned, decent body. Subject of a letter. He's a big man with a small mind. Okay, all right, So fat boy is now in the club. I overlooked at it one time, Tyler letter is he's a big man with a decent Now, when we big man with decent body, we fat.
Speaker 2: Ass dudes, that's what we are.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't know how you got that out of that.
Speaker 7: Well, Charley, come on, now, Yeah, he's a big man, and he's brown skin and creamy, he got decent body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she meant like a big man in the city's city councilman. You know, he's a mover in shaking.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, then then what she had to say, decent body, folk, that's fat man.
Speaker 1: You would have said that, okay, all right, she said it.
Speaker 7: She said anyway, Well as soon as he get home and change out that suit, he becomes a little hood boy. He don't just have just half a drink, He got drink half a bottle. Then you got to entertain and laugh at these drunk and sense of humor. No you don't, but you're doing it because you think started dating all this prestige.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 7: Sex is just as ghetto as it is, And it's a turnoff unless he is sober, because when he drunk he say all kinds of crazy things to me, like we're in a music video, and there's no telling what he will say. And sometimes I can't help but laugh. Wait a minute, hold up, now, sex is funny? Who liked funny sex?
Speaker 2: Who do that? Anybody?
Speaker 6: You're a comedian, but who.
Speaker 2: Liked funny sex? Though?
Speaker 7: He Hell, it's serious, probably one of the one of my most serious moments.
Speaker 1: I'm having all jokes asidey ha ha ha he.
Speaker 2: He anybody in here for that?
Speaker 7: In his car he keeps mouth washed breadth, mouthwashed breath mints and gum to hide what he's had the night before.
Speaker 2: That ain't gonna get it. You got to brush your damn teeth all this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm telling you right now, you've been up all night drinking, smoking weed and stuff. You can't chew no gum and get this out. I'm telling you that right And I don't smoke weed. I smoked cigare And I'm telling you right now, it's a process. You got to get that doctor Trishnas or whatever the name of that, preachers. And you can't dilute it either. You got to go and put it straight on up in there. Set your mouth to fire, this choice.
Speaker 8: Burn.
Speaker 7: Don't don't dilute it with a little water. They got the little line in the cap. Throw it back, deal with it as long as you can. Then get you some toothpaste out and then double back on it. All right, now, let's go. The thing that really bothers me about him is it's how closed minded he is in real life. We've been together for five months and we decided that we meet each other's family during the holidays. He told me he don't fly at all, so we had to drive. I didn't push you the issue clearly because he's scared to fly. He's never been out the country, said he has no interest in seeing anything outside of Michigan.
Speaker 2: What where is this great guy? You tongue. Now, who was lucky girl in the world for this?
Speaker 5: Do that?
Speaker 7: Because he done fell apart in this Damn look he well, hoodies, he talked to your nasty doing sex, laughing doing sex. You yet now it's time to go meet his family. You got to drive because homeboy don't want to fly. No, damn well, so all your vacation is spent behind the wheel in the car. But you ain't got too far to drive because he don't want to drive outside of Michigan.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 7: Yesterday he said I should not hang on to his every word because black people won't ever be equal to whites.
Speaker 2: Damn Yeah, that ain't the plan I've had in my life. I'm gonna just share that with you here.
Speaker 7: I've been equal. I'm telling you that right now. I was equal at birth. Now we might not get treated that way, but I'm I'm I'm equals.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I'm I'm better than some of them too. I ain't gonna lie to you. You can print that.
Speaker 9: Uh, this is not about you.
Speaker 2: It just did all. I can't help her with him. He lost.
Speaker 7: I ain't lost, he said. He tells the community what they want to hear. Can I reprogram this forty four year old man brain to show him how to live? Or is as good as it gets? Should I run for the hills. You can't change nobody that don't want to change. Ladies, stop meeting these men thinking you gonna change him.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 7: They can be changed, but they have to want to be changed. And I've said this a thousand times on this show, and here it goes a thousand and one. All men can change, all men will change, but there is only one woman we will change for, and you are not it because he ain't changing a damn thing. I'm put these hoodies on. I'm gonna drink this drink. I'm gonna tell you all this stuff i'd heard any ill while we have in six I'm not gilling on no airplane. I'm driving in this car. I'm not leaving the state of Michigan. I'm never gonna be the same as a white man.
Speaker 2: How are you the luckiest girl for dating? Who the hell you didn't? Girl?
Speaker 14: You?
Speaker 2: Dayton Sambo.
Speaker 1: Listen live your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter on Instagram at Steve Harvey FM, and check us out on the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app, where free never sounded so good coming up next to his junior and Sports Talk right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 9: Morning show.
Speaker 1: All right, Junior is here with Sports Talk. What you got, Junior?
Speaker 2: We got picture rest of these gays, pippin baby, come on, talk to me.
Speaker 6: What's up late?
Speaker 11: But first of all, I want to say today you ain't seen.
Speaker 2: This one before. You see the points on it. You know what that is? Asparagus? Yep, this is an asparingause coat.
Speaker 7: We gotta hear up because I came in here the sun was up and then they starting to turn brown, so we gotta oh no, yeah, I got another one the refrigerated waiting on me.
Speaker 8: So I got you.
Speaker 11: Pippo, let me know how you feel about this game?
Speaker 2: Pipping?
Speaker 11: Panther's in the Saints pipping. How you feeling about this?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 2: Saints baby, Saints all day?
Speaker 11: Oh that's probably Saints.
Speaker 4: That who that.
Speaker 8: That? Who?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 11: Now here we go, pipp The Vikings and the Raiders meet on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Man, what you gonna do with this? Pippos?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man upset raid us?
Speaker 4: Oh okay?
Speaker 11: All right? You know, well, Pepper, when do you think about the Seahawks.
Speaker 7: And the forty nine Ers Pipper, Oh forty nine is baby all day, oh day long?
Speaker 2: The hiro one.
Speaker 11: The Packers versus the New York Giants. How do you feel about this?
Speaker 2: From Pippy? You know what, The Packers got a win last week, uh huh?
Speaker 7: And the Giants. You know, Molly Quinn is a big giant fan. You know I'm a fan of her, So I'm gonna have to go with New York.
Speaker 10: Dave, Baby, you know I ain't mad at that, pipp How do you feel about the Titans and the Dolphins?
Speaker 7: Oh man, Miami. Yeah, Titan's been playing a little bit late. They made a comeback, but they ain't.
Speaker 2: That far back.
Speaker 14: People.
Speaker 11: I gotta ask you about this, man, I know we talked about this.
Speaker 2: I gotta ask you.
Speaker 11: Have you changed your mind between these Lions and these bass Now?
Speaker 1: Man, Junie, you back again with that?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: My heart is torn and ripped into when it comes to cities that means so much to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, you know I.
Speaker 2: Just can't tell myself like that. You know what I'm saying, Troy Detroit.
Speaker 14: I can't.
Speaker 17: I won't too, but I can't cause you could mean something to me. You have from most Closky ski Ski Babe Joe Soto, old school players and pumps up in here.
Speaker 2: Mister Kent her great started on w g C. I've been there one o seven five.
Speaker 1: Troy, all right. Coming up at the top of the hour, a listener had a run in with her fiance son and she needs some advice from you, Steve on handling it. Right after this. You're listening hard Morning show. All right, Steve, This is from Haley and Tampa. Haley says, I'm a thirty year old teacher in my fiance's twelve year old son transferred to my school so I can keep an eye on him. The first time I addressed his son's grades, the son got mad at me and told his teacher that his dad still spends the night with his mom sometimes because he wants her back. When I told my fiance about that, he didn't say a word to his son. He said, it's a cry for help, and we need to let him heal from their divorce in his own way. Does that sound right to you.
Speaker 2: Right there? I'm so proud of him. I'm just.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 14: You need a man.
Speaker 2: That one right there. Shurey read here's response.
Speaker 1: So she says, when I told my fiance about it. He didn't say a word to his son. He said, it's a cry for help, and we need to let him heal from their divorce in his own way.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's a cry for help and we need to let him heal from this divorce in his own way. Lord, do you know what he did with that life? Let me tell you how how great this one is. First of all, he created a pathway by using his son's pain to allow him to show concern and put the focus on the boy's mental health. Lord have mercy, and then at the same time, never ever addressed the accusation at.
Speaker 4: Hand, Lord have mercy.
Speaker 7: Boy, let me tell you something I ain't mentioned spending the night, no wanting the woman back, none of that.
Speaker 2: That didn't even come up because the.
Speaker 7: Focus has been the child's mental health, and with mental health issues being at the forefront in our society, I just want you.
Speaker 6: Can use it.
Speaker 2: It's wrong to use it, but.
Speaker 6: It is wrong to use it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Put y'all over here?
Speaker 7: Inspired me because the next time, what anything to me? I've been to talk about the mental health about you?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: I think we have time for another one.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 1: This is from Peter.
Speaker 9: Peter and on cr F M.
Speaker 1: Peter says, I want to I went out after work with a group of co workers. We got lit. I told my wife that I misplaced my keys. So I was getting a ride home from a co worker, uh, Jalen from a coworker Jalen. I was home in bed next to my wife when my phone rang. I had to answer it, and it was my co worker Lisa me know that they found my keys. My wife heard the whole call. She thinks I was out cheating on her with a white lady. I showed her my receipt and everything. She's not buying it.
Speaker 8: What do I do?
Speaker 2: Dog? The white girl called it the old house. You got a white lady?
Speaker 4: Why time of the night, you got a ride home?
Speaker 1: So she found a s keys?
Speaker 2: Why the white lady? God should get your mom. You don't get white calls at the six I miss, I told you can't call my house at dinner, no more. I he bruh.
Speaker 1: He had he had receipts, Steve, what receipt what kind of receipt?
Speaker 2: Sure what his receipts say? I wasn't with no white ladies.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he should have just brought off the mental health of them.
Speaker 9: Children, carry over.
Speaker 1: One's in trouble huh.
Speaker 2: The whole Pham conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right. Coming up at twenty minutes after this dog right now, we will have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Listen up Steve Harvey Nation. You could win a trip for two to Las Vegas to experience the magic and wonder at When Las Vegas with two dynamic productions, The Magic of David Blaine's Impossible and Awakening the Thrilling Live Show with acrobats and aerialists. Register right now to see both productions, including round trip airfare and two night hotels Day at the Fabulous Wind Hotel. All you have to do to register for your chance to win is go to Steve Harvey FM dot com Steve Harvey f M dot com. This is all sponsored by A e G Presents When Las Vegas and I do mean Fabulous, the Wind Fabulous Stopping.
Speaker 2: The Win is one of my favorite joints.
Speaker 1: My favorite.
Speaker 14: Yes, yea.
Speaker 2: They gambling facilities is nice.
Speaker 1: That's how you judge your hotel.
Speaker 2: Yes, none of that day gambling. When I'm in there, I'm sleep I don't even see.
Speaker 1: The day, the restaurants, none of that.
Speaker 2: I just don't sleep.
Speaker 7: Sheer gambling, No dot Vegas is so slick. There are no there are no clocks in the casino looking at the TA time. There's no mini bars in the rooms.
Speaker 1: Once you go downstairs, get out of the room.
Speaker 2: Yes, and anything you go to you have to walk through the casino to get to it. Pray. Yeah, seventeen for the Super Bowl. Were all in this.
Speaker 1: Room, all right with you? Coming up at thirty three minutes after the hour, we're gonna play a round it would you rather right after this? You're listening.
Speaker 9: Morning show?
Speaker 1: It is time now for a round of would you rather? Would you rather golf all day by yourself? Or would you rather watch a romantic movie with your wife?
Speaker 2: Golfing? I'm sorry?
Speaker 8: Whole day?
Speaker 11: How far is that to the pen?
Speaker 2: I'm there.
Speaker 4: I don't even play that much.
Speaker 1: Wow, day a consensus. Everybody's going golfing.
Speaker 2: You need me time? Let her watch the movie?
Speaker 1: Okay, wow you I guess you didn't hear I said romantic movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not kind of sit down with face.
Speaker 13: Can't do that.
Speaker 11: Ain't nobody got hold her face?
Speaker 2: The notebook over golf.
Speaker 7: Out there, and look at that car in that driveway, and go upstairs and look at that jewelry in that bottle.
Speaker 2: Hold, all right, feels a good movie.
Speaker 1: It Would you rather sleep with the phone on the dresser? Just come in your bedroom put your phone on the dresser, or would you rather sleep with the phone by your bed? Which one?
Speaker 2: My phone is in? My roll?
Speaker 4: I gotta get up.
Speaker 2: Like these? Would you rather my phone is in?
Speaker 1: That's not an option the dresser bed.
Speaker 2: It's on silent right, No white lady calling me.
Speaker 4: To dress up on a night stand.
Speaker 2: In all right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather start in a Christmas stage play? Or would you rather cook an entire Christmas dinner?
Speaker 2: I'm starting? Oh yeah, I don't want either one.
Speaker 7: I could, but I'm gonna in that kitchen that I went in that play because I don't know when I'm gonna be in.
Speaker 10: The same age playing Christmas. I was in a Christmas stage play. I played all three wise men by my all three. We have enough people in the day of play. I'm just keep going back out with a new gift.
Speaker 15: Gold.
Speaker 11: I had to change my roll.
Speaker 4: I gotta quick change at the church.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna cook that I'm gonna put that dinner?
Speaker 1: But your last one? Guys, would you rather work as a bill collector or a fast food drive through window worker?
Speaker 2: Which one? Oh, you're the one. I'm cussing people that I won that window man.
Speaker 1: Come on, I want to see the people. Huh, what are you going to say when they drive up?
Speaker 7: My whole world is going to be putting the roll stuff in that bank. You ain't got nothing but condiments in it, ain't no fish.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 14: Guys.
Speaker 1: That's today's round dis mess? Would you rather coming up? In forty nine minutes after, we'll close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey right after.
Speaker 9: This, you're listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, here we are last break of the day on this Friday. It's been a good day. It's been a good week, yeah for sure.
Speaker 7: With the holidays approaching in New Year's even everything, can I give you these reminders as a closing remark just to my base out there, you know I got a base too. I'm tired of Donald Trump thinking he the only one got a base, right, I'm tired of that. Hey, we got a base too. On this show, we got some good folks on this show, man, they actually care about their children, want the best life they can have, trying to pursue happiness and success. Because I don't really know anybody. I don't have people around me that are not in the pursuit of success and happiness. I like people around me that's trying to go to heaven too. I really do like I like moral people. Man, I've discovered that about myself, you know. Like this one guy that I met recently, he told me, said, Man, I just want to become your friend. I said, bruh, I don't. I don't know how we're gonna do that. Let's just going to be cool. And now, man, I want to be your friend.
Speaker 2: And I thought about it.
Speaker 7: I said, bruh, do you know the process that that requires the men that I actually call my friends, the process of becoming my friends, I said, Bruh, don't worry about that.
Speaker 2: We can just be cool. I said, I really have all the friends I need right now. I really do.
Speaker 7: If I just stay with the friends I got to the tape, that'll be fine with me. And so that's just one of the things I came up. But what I really wanted to talk to you all about. Is this right here is about procrastination. I want you all to be aware of it as we approach the new year, because a lot of times if people wait on the new year to make resolutions. In the new year, I'm gonna do this, and I'm gonna do new year, I'm gonna do that. Can I tell you something, everything you're talking about for the new year, why don't you start now?
Speaker 2: Why not? Now?
Speaker 7: I'm telling you, man, if you practice procrastination, procrastination will become your practice.
Speaker 2: It's really that simple.
Speaker 7: If you get okay with delaying stuff often enough, then pretty soon you will discover you won't have a problem delaying anything. And the time to act is now. It's right now, y'all. Tomorrow's not really promised anyway. But if you understood that and you started acting now, you would be amazed how acting right now can change your life. Stop looking for the perfect time to begin something, because the perfect time hardly ever lines itself up.
Speaker 2: You know when the perfect time is.
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Now is the perfect time. It's the perfect time to pursue your dreams.
Speaker 7: It's the perfect time to try to get in shape, it's the perfect time to try to change your mindset from negative to positive. It's the perfect time to make it right with your mother. It's the perfect time to mend the relationships with your father. It's the perfect time to forgive somebody. It's the perfect time to move forward and stop looking in your past. Right now is the perfect time. Stop putting everything into delay column, delayed, delayed, delay. I'm telling you, man, it becomes a habit and then you pursue things differently when there is no sense of urgency your success and happiness for yourself, for your family. You should be performing these things with a sense of urgency. Look, man, God reacts to your level of faith. You are rewarded according to your faith. We are all where we are because we thought ourselves to this place.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: Because you see somebody with more money than you, that don't make that person better than you, happier than you, none of that. It's perfectly fine, man, to have a nice home, a nice family. I admire people, man, who go to work, who bration for their family, who live in homes, who take their children to school, participate in their activities, you know, get on the school board, become coaches and things of that nature.
Speaker 2: Man, I admire people like that the majority of people in this world are that way.
Speaker 7: You know, I don't ever look at the fact that I've become this other type of person and I compare that to everybody else's life, because man, I understand.
Speaker 2: I get it. Man.
Speaker 7: Do you know some of my best friends are regular folks, what we call regular folks. My best friends are not in Hollywood other than safety Entertainer. Really, man, that's like the dopest dude I know, Like we're boys for real. Other than that, Man, I have people I'm cool with. Say it is my dude. That's my dude. Man, I'm talking about I've been knowing this cat since eighty nine. You know, We've never had a dispute and argument. We've never had a harsh words, we never had a an exchange of ideas where we didn't agree. You know, I just I talk about this things, man. But it's so important in life, man, to have relationships. But guess what if a person ain't cool to be around, stop being around them. You don't owe nobody your time. Association brings on participation. Somebody once told me to describe your three closest friends. He said, Now, after you look at that piece of paper, in the description of your three closest friends. Do you realize you just described yourself. If everybody you hang around gossip all the time, you gonna end up gossiping.
Speaker 2: You know, people, peoples talking.
Speaker 7: We were on the golf course one time and somebody ask me, man, why are you and your dudes y'all always talking about money?
Speaker 2: Dog?
Speaker 7: What you want to talk about? What you want to talk about? Because we married, we gotta go home. So this conversation you trying to have with us, this ain't fit to fly. I'm not finna be on TMZ. I'm at to the golf game. I'm going home. No, I don't want to go on a golf trip with you and the buddies to the Dominican. No, we can play golf right here. I got to go home, that's all.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: Just get around people that's like minded. Have yourself a great day to day, man, enjoy your week here. We'll see y'all Monday morning. God willing. I know that little clothes remark is kind of all over the place, but that's how I felt today.
Speaker 2: I'm all over the place.
Speaker 7: Line yourself up, don't worry about this.
Speaker 1: For all Steve Harvey contests no purchase necessary, void we're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show