Speaker 1: Ah, you're here. We love that you chose our podcast. Thank you so much, And we just have to say before you get into the show, you've got to go to Brooklyn Jeffrey dot com and check out our.
Speaker 2: Super cool merch right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's merched for a cause where one proceeds go to action against hunger. So you're buying new styles, new colors, even.
Speaker 2: Hats this year that are super cute. Again, it's Brooknjeffrey dot com. Now enjoy the show.
Speaker 3: He's making a list, he's checking it twice. Yes, gonna find out if you don't properly signal a.
Speaker 4: Lane change with your car. Blinker night. Yes, it's Brooken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Cause one New Jersey police department's getting extra festive this Christmas season, totally with holiday themed speed radary.
Speaker 2: So that doesn't sound fun, jeff, Well just listen.
Speaker 3: It's happening in Hackets down, New Jersey, where they just put up two radar signs in the town that show your driving speed as you pass underneath it.
Speaker 4: You guys have seen those things.
Speaker 2: Right, I thought those were what you were supposed to be beat like. It was like a game.
Speaker 4: Where it's a challenge.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Always they're accurate.
Speaker 2: Flashing at me.
Speaker 4: Read okay, this is a bad message that we're sending out.
Speaker 3: But the sign will tell you if you're naughty or nice based on the miles per hour. So if you're safely driving the speed limit, the number will show up green and it says the word nice underneath the sign.
Speaker 7: Do you think this.
Speaker 4: Would actually make you want to drive slower or like, drive safer?
Speaker 6: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 8: It was just so I could take a picture that I'm on the nice list. I would slow down just to get the green numbers.
Speaker 2: I mean, I always prefer a naughty list.
Speaker 9: But you know.
Speaker 4: I'm asking the wrong people.
Speaker 3: Brook uses the emergency vehicle lane so that she can get to work faster.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 3: It was the bustling, okay, as long as she's breaking some sort of law in order to get places on time.
Speaker 1: Hey, I only got two photographic warnings on that one.
Speaker 9: It's down this yet, thank you.
Speaker 4: That's not all.
Speaker 3: The New Jersey police are also having fun with their road warning signs this holiday season.
Speaker 4: One of them says.
Speaker 3: Don't be a grinch, not a merge, and another one says only Rudolph should be lit, Drive high, get duy.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: That's really good.
Speaker 4: This is the one time we could say New Jersey's doing it right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we've been waiting for this day.
Speaker 3: Let's move on into your shot colic question of the day. Send it over to somebody who's always doing it right. That's our own digital Jake with the shock collar. Go ahead, Jake.
Speaker 9: If there's anything I've learned from listening to hours upon hours of Christmas music, it's that winter is cold. Taking Christmas music to learn that it might just be a rumor. You know, some of these songs are really old, so I'm not sure if that's really true anymore should be back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yea, in some places it's just chilly. I guess, well, what.
Speaker 9: Else do we know about winter weather? Well, it's frightful. That's from the song the Weather Outside is Frightful by Lindsay Lohan. Yeah, she's saying for the holiday film The Parent Trap four. H Okay, I missed that one, and she wrote, as we all know, Lindsay Lohan world renowned expert on climate, So I'm going to take her word.
Speaker 2: For it, loand go into a strange place.
Speaker 9: I wonder, though, what will our own fake blonde iced coffee drinking snowball swallowing experts.
Speaker 2: Say, girl, you can't say it's not fake. I know your hair dress.
Speaker 9: When we quiz her on basic cold weather trivia during another round.
Speaker 8: Of three and a half seconds with Alexis, Wow, Okay, we're.
Speaker 9: Gonna start with Brooks.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go.
Speaker 9: Brook Your category for Alexis is Alexis's other favorite white powder.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to take that is white chocolate mocha powder from Starbucks, is what I Or.
Speaker 4: The sugar powdered doughnuts that could be.
Speaker 6: I think it's crystal math that she has so much energy.
Speaker 4: We should ask Alexis she would know.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, there's a lot of powders apparently that we have to choose from. I'm gonna say she gets it right again.
Speaker 9: Let's go betting on Alexis. Here's your question. It's widely accepted by researchers and scientists that no two snowflakes are alike. But that's not totally true. Actually, every single snowflake that falls has the same number of points on it. How many points does every snowflake have?
Speaker 2: Star one, two, three, four, five? What wait, won two three fun two three five.
Speaker 9: She got before she was doing stuff.
Speaker 4: A star in the air kept drawing five point stars.
Speaker 9: The powder must not be hidden, because.
Speaker 2: That's not like stars.
Speaker 9: That's six. The way those six points connect is how all the snowflakes look different.
Speaker 3: It's like the Star of David has six points in the Joe Star.
Speaker 4: No silence.
Speaker 2: Crickets from the Road, much more accurate.
Speaker 9: Brook, you bet on Alexis. She got it wrong, getting shocked today. Let's move on to Jeffrey. Jeff your category is popular Christmas songs about weather forecasts.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I know a couple two immediate.
Speaker 4: This is hard, is it.
Speaker 1: She's proven in this that she actually knows quite a few song lyrics for these things, right.
Speaker 3: But her knowledge kind of plateaued out after first grade. I'm gonna say her weather forecast knowledge from Christmas music.
Speaker 4: Is not quite up to snuff.
Speaker 9: Going.
Speaker 4: She's getting it wrong.
Speaker 2: Another one.
Speaker 9: It took a while, but Jeffrey is voting against Alexis again. Here's your question. According to the famous holiday song Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Santa only asks Rudolph to lead the sleigh because of a certain type of bad weather.
Speaker 10: What was it that's really the sleigh because of us?
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 9: Sorry, that's incorrect. Looking for FuG It was like blizzard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was a good question.
Speaker 2: Foggy night man. They're just using Rudolph for that red nose.
Speaker 9: Not only was it a good question, Jeffrey, you made a good bet betting against Alexis, so you're safe today.
Speaker 4: Good work, Alexis.
Speaker 9: Finally, let's move on to Jose. Jose, your category is the science behind extreme winter weather phenomenon in the twenty first century.
Speaker 6: Hold on weirdly because of this game.
Speaker 8: My instinct is to support her on this because she knows like the smartest things ever that I would never know. She has memorized from college. I think she's gonna get this one in surprise.
Speaker 9: Jose's betting on Alexis. Here's your question. Sometimes during particularly bad winter storms, you'll hear meteorologists on TV use the term polar vortex to describe what's going on. So Alexis, in three and a half seconds or less, explain what a polar vortex is.
Speaker 5: It's about the.
Speaker 11: North Pool expand And then I said's cold herself, fridgid temperatures.
Speaker 9: That is absolutely I am. Yeah, that's like verbatim what I have down. That's incredible.
Speaker 6: Word meteorology told you.
Speaker 9: Guys, jose you bet On, Alexis, Yes, I did. You got it right, jeff Bettagainster got it right. Brook's the only one that got it wrong. She'll be getting shocked. And that was three and a half seconds with all exis, Yes, do.
Speaker 2: That, but you didn't know mine.
Speaker 3: It was a very educational edition of the shock was and Brooke is going to be taking the shock while singing it's the most wonderful time.
Speaker 4: Of the year.
Speaker 2: It's the most wonderful time day of the year.
Speaker 1: Why brock with the kids jingle bellying and everyone telling you be of good check.
Speaker 4: I know that's your shock collar question of the.
Speaker 5: Day, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: For almost any entertainer out there, the ultimate dream is getting your own Netflix special.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 8: I'm so happy they're streaming services because now i want to get on Disney Plus.
Speaker 3: I want to get on And I'm not talking about like the OJ kind of Netflix.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, no.
Speaker 4: No no, I'm talking about like a sold out concert entertainment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was talking about comedy.
Speaker 2: Shit, there really is such a thing as bad press takes a while.
Speaker 4: It'll catch up to you.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 3: For one guy on the phone with us today, he believes he's close to achieving that lofty goal along with earning millions of dollars.
Speaker 4: In international fame. Just one problem.
Speaker 3: He's lied and cheated all along the way. Those aren't my words, those are actually his words, and for some reason, he's proud to admit that.
Speaker 4: As long as we disguise his voice and change his name.
Speaker 2: Of course, what a hero.
Speaker 12: You will not.
Speaker 3: Believe what this guy did. He's gonna tell us in a mass speaker You hear.
Speaker 12: Me confession I can't take back Earl arms.
Speaker 3: Speaker got a text into seven eighty five nine two that says, I confess to sins. I haven't committed because I'd just like to stay ahead of the game. Okay, Yeah, let's say an interesting strategy would not recommend, especially if the cops want to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no evidence yet, Jeffrey, and it certainly wouldn't work.
Speaker 3: For this segment where listeners tell us about the guilty things that they've done in their past, one of our listeners is ready to unload some of his sins on us. He's using the fake name Diego, So Diego, welcome to the Circle of Sin.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, you, oh my god, you immediately get the award for best fake name out there.
Speaker 2: People always call it like I'm Ben.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what, well, Diego, our voice changer is on. You're now the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, go ahead. What's your confession?
Speaker 12: Well, I gotta say first and foremost, I'm pretty pretty proud of this confession.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, do you want us to turn the voice changer off?
Speaker 4: You want to tell everybody say what your real name is?
Speaker 12: No, No, we're staying master. So I'm a stand up comedian.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you just don't want people to come to your shows? Is that why you're staying anonymous?
Speaker 12: No? No, no. So basically, like I started doing this five years ago, I wasn't so good at first.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody is right. That's the process I've been.
Speaker 6: Doing over ten years and I'm still not good.
Speaker 12: So so you know, I was bombing a lot and I almost quit. I wasn't the cleverest fella, I guess you could say, okay, but it was something I really wanted to do with my life. So I decided to be a little more proactive about it.
Speaker 2: That's always good, you know, follow your dreams.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, you know. So what I did was I started going to really small comedy shows, like no audiences, okay, And at these shows sometimes there's one or two funny jokes, and you know, you go to enough of them, you hear enough funny jokes. So I just started feeling the jokes.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 8: Sorry, I'm sorry for laughing, because a lot of comics think they can do this, especially when they're young in the game, and always, always, always catches up to you steal the wrong joke, it goes viral.
Speaker 6: People are like, wait a minute, that's not your joke.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean Jose's been there.
Speaker 6: Trust I opened for Carlosman. C I ever thought I was stealing everything?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you have you gotten caught?
Speaker 12: No, because no one ever heard these jokes before. I'm telling you, these are like the smallest comedy shows on the planet.
Speaker 6: You like open mics and stuff like that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, exactly. I think there's nobody jokes and I make it into something because I'm successful.
Speaker 2: Now, Oh you're successful? What does that mean?
Speaker 12: Oh? I mean like I'm booking shows. They have an agent. I'm on tour.
Speaker 6: Oh man, that's good for you.
Speaker 8: But wow, I know other comics that do this too, and it's always caught up.
Speaker 1: I just don't understand. If you're successful, why don't you just pay for the jokes? Then that's what like the big time comedians do. They hire a team of writers, like they they may like change a couple of things, but they're getting like a lot of their stuff, if not everything written for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what we do. Yeah, nothing on this show is original.
Speaker 12: I don't pay for it because it's simple. I'm cheap.
Speaker 4: I'm really proud.
Speaker 12: Okay, Netflix for a wow.
Speaker 2: Seriously, do you feel like you don't feel bad?
Speaker 12: Are you kidding me? I'm pulling like eight nines and tens at this show. If you show that's any.
Speaker 2: Comedian he's about I thought people are scoring.
Speaker 6: Him in the audience.
Speaker 8: Literally get on stage and girls are just like, wow, it's that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's worked out well for Jose.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 8: They kiss me, then they don't call me back, and then has to go to the doctor right after what I have an important question. What happens when finally someone calls you out and they're like, no, that was my joke.
Speaker 6: I was at open mic. He was there too, and I swear I have it.
Speaker 12: It's on tape.
Speaker 6: What happens if you get called out and.
Speaker 12: I and I don know?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't know if you're not smart enough to write your own jokes. I don't know if you're smart enough to get.
Speaker 4: Away with it.
Speaker 6: I don't remember ever going to an Open Mind.
Speaker 12: Special.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling you haven't stolen any jokes from our show, have you?
Speaker 12: No? Certainly not? Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: All right, well, good.
Speaker 2: For you, No, no, not for you. That sucks, man, Bruk.
Speaker 3: You're just jealous because he's gotten more successful than you somehow system and you want to cut corners just like him.
Speaker 2: But he's cheating other struggling comments. That's what sucks. It's not like he's cheating some big system.
Speaker 1: He's like stealing off the backs of people can barely feed themselves.
Speaker 12: Going back from him, I mean, I was question, is this The mass speaker of the brook complains hour, I know you.
Speaker 2: Stole that joke from Jeffrey.
Speaker 12: No, I didn't know. I didn't know.
Speaker 4: Alright, Well, you keep doing you, Bud. Good luck hopefully don't get caught out there, and I don't know if.
Speaker 6: He's gonna get caught in the karma get some.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: The text in a seventy five nine too, if you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity by masking your voice and you can be on the next mass speaker phone taps coming up next.
Speaker 5: Frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: The countdown continues with the number four phone tap of the year in our top ten phone Taps of Christmas.
Speaker 4: And this was definitely one of my personal favorites.
Speaker 3: Okay, where Jose poses as a new hire at one of those doggy hotels and he calls the owner about one notoriously problematic puff that they always have there, whose name is Muso, short for Mussolini. The entire staff has very clear instructions that Musso is territorial and has to stay in his cage. Weirdly, somebody didn't get that memo. It's your number four phone tap of the year right now, is.
Speaker 4: Brooking Jeffrey's ten phones? That'ster Christmas before?
Speaker 13: Uh, Hello, Hi is this David? Yeah, this is David.
Speaker 12: Who is this?
Speaker 8: Are you the manager of Canine Hotels.
Speaker 13: Yes, I am the manager of Canine Cochel.
Speaker 6: You sound sleepy.
Speaker 13: I am sleepy at six a m. Who is this?
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 6: My name is Xander. I'm a new hire.
Speaker 13: Here, Xander.
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm doing the overnight shift because Clinton had to cancel, so they had me come in and this is my first night. And they said if I had any serious questions that I should ask you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, okay, can this wait until Amy gets there at seven?
Speaker 8: I don't know her, I'm knew, but I was curious about one of the dogs.
Speaker 13: You should really talk to Amy. I mean she must have hired you.
Speaker 6: You know Muso. I think Mussolini.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think he's a Doberman, right he is.
Speaker 6: Yes, he seems like a sweet heart.
Speaker 12: No, he's not.
Speaker 13: He's the opposite of that. What what do you mean Russo is not a sweetie? Do not let him near any of the other dogs. I sent out email yesterre.
Speaker 8: Why I already took him out and he's fine.
Speaker 6: You did what I put him in the room in the bag.
Speaker 13: No you did, Yeah I did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're straight up. He's really cute.
Speaker 8: Now I could get him out. I dip my finger in peanut butter. They'll lick it off and be a good boy.
Speaker 13: Don't do that either. I keep your fingers.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go inside. Hold on, I got Piana butter. So you that peanut butter boy.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, don't don't put but don't do that.
Speaker 6: Oh Moosoh big.
Speaker 8: You're so excited.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, big tea, get the dog out of there. What are you doing?
Speaker 6: Get the dog out of your butter on your tongue. You dug peanut butter off my feet?
Speaker 13: Oh my god, that's not terrible?
Speaker 6: Big down Mooso?
Speaker 13: So what's going on?
Speaker 6: I had to leave? Sorry, I had to leave the room. He was too excited.
Speaker 13: He was excited. He was about to kill you.
Speaker 6: No, he just likes peanut butter.
Speaker 8: He got really excited and wanted to lick it off my fingers.
Speaker 13: That's not what's happening there. I'm telling you that have you just never worked with animals before.
Speaker 8: I had a dog once when I was little other than the it was teacup and he fit in my hand and okay with lick each other's faces.
Speaker 13: This is no teacup. The owners told me that dog is extremely aggressive. You need to follow my direction.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go back in. I'm gonna prove you wrong.
Speaker 12: You're not.
Speaker 13: You're not gonna prove me wrong. Get out of the room. He hes trying to kill you.
Speaker 6: Come and lick the peanut butter.
Speaker 13: He's not peaku thender, he's not teaco.
Speaker 6: Oh your breath is warm. You don't huppy bread.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, can't out up the room. Listen to me.
Speaker 6: I'm only five feet away from it. He's trying to jump on me.
Speaker 13: Did you call someone else? I'm i gotta get someone else there.
Speaker 6: We were playing tag. He tried to jump on me, but I got away.
Speaker 13: There's something significantly wrong with you.
Speaker 8: Oh, there is something wrong with me. It's because I work on a joke off. We'll get Jeffrey in the morning, and I put my fingers in Jeffrey's mouth every day and he looks it like that.
Speaker 6: He growls him. You too, oh, Jeffrey. Oh, I'm trying to do a phone.
Speaker 13: Tap in here, So you're not. You don't work for me, and there's no doc attack.
Speaker 6: I don't do my job. But you're right, Yes, I do not work for you. I work for a radio station.
Speaker 4: And this is a phone tap damn.
Speaker 13: I mean, I guess I'm believed. Yeah, you're not being to death.
Speaker 6: No, your employee Amy set you up.
Speaker 8: She said, you're a little stress right now because you have an aggressive dogging and you're super busy lately.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's been crazy for all I know. Xander was the person working for me, so.
Speaker 6: Well, I can be if you'll let me apply.
Speaker 8: But I got peanut butter all over my fingies right now.
Speaker 13: We're pretty desperate for employees, but I think we're still going to pass on Xander.
Speaker 5: So wake up every morning was phone taps weekday mornings on the twenties, Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: If you ever do something really memorable, like it could be something really great or really embarrassing, or just consistent for a long time, you might eventually earn yourself a nickname.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, like me.
Speaker 3: I've been known around here as generous jeff You guys.
Speaker 4: Know that about me. I'm a massive giver.
Speaker 2: You don't even pay me back after lunch.
Speaker 3: That's not the type of generosity. That's not the type of giving that I dare. But I get to a fault. But sometimes the name that you get isn't so flattering. No, and that's why one of our listeners needs help today because a nickname that he earned back in college is coming back to haunt him now and it's going to freak his girlfriend out when she discovers it. You're gonna hear what it is and how we can help when we do your awkward Tuesday phone call that's coming up.
Speaker 5: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call you. I'd ask Brooke what she remembers from college, but I.
Speaker 4: Don't think we really want to go there.
Speaker 3: We don't want the audience to get completely grossed out this early in the morning.
Speaker 4: I think we know why a safer route and talk to alexis about her. Okay, now, Actually.
Speaker 7: What.
Speaker 3: I feel like it might be more horrible than we realize it is.
Speaker 4: That probably sounds like a bad idea too.
Speaker 2: I can go if you want.
Speaker 4: Actually, Jose, Jose didn't really go to college.
Speaker 6: I did community college for like.
Speaker 3: A quarter's admirable half.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's just more interesting that we talked to.
Speaker 3: The guy that we have on the phone today about his college experience.
Speaker 4: His name is Gary, and apparently he needs our help. Gary. What's that man?
Speaker 7: Hey, how you guys doing it?
Speaker 2: Took a long time for us to get to you.
Speaker 13: There.
Speaker 2: Gary is a long trip down memory lane over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so tell us about why you emailed the show today.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 7: Well, I need to disclose some information with my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Oh this sounds juicy. I like this already.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's not going to be easy.
Speaker 4: And how does college come into play?
Speaker 7: Okay, so I got like college green union coming up.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, cool, and all.
Speaker 7: My buddies we're all meeting up and we have a group check going and you know, everyone's real excited about it. And I've been dating this girl now y are for like seven months.
Speaker 2: Okay, she wants to go Did she go to your college?
Speaker 7: No, she's from a different college that.
Speaker 3: You're allowed to bring like your significant that alumni, whatever you're doing.
Speaker 4: Check your school a college. So what's the issue.
Speaker 7: So she doesn't really know about my college days and some of the antics that I used to get involved with. And I have a feeling, in fact, I know for I know for a fact, some of those stories are going to come up and and it's gonna be a little embarrassing, and I'm afraid that she's gonna get turned off by.
Speaker 4: Buy some of the stuff from your past.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they used to call me garbage Gary.
Speaker 6: No matter what you say, I'm not gonna why why did I call you that?
Speaker 7: So when I would partake in the alcohol back then, I guess this other guy would kind of come out and this guy would eat garbage out of the trash.
Speaker 2: Garbage out of the traddles.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would just eat whatever I would.
Speaker 6: You know, Bro, I didn't know this.
Speaker 11: Beyond frat boys, some Roman candles in the dorms.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's that big of a deal. The only one.
Speaker 4: Brookiat stuff off of the literal roads.
Speaker 1: You ate some pizza they got thrown away in the garbage, and you got a nickname for it.
Speaker 4: But Brook, it's a little bit different.
Speaker 3: When you're hanging out with your friends, you could see garbage Gary as kind of a funny memory. But introducing that to your girlfriend that could be something that's a hard conversation to have.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's not like I'm going to bring it up at the party, But I know for a fact, as soon as I show up, all my friends are gonna start doing the.
Speaker 2: Chance there's chance to go with garbage Gary. Is it they just chant your name or.
Speaker 7: Something beep, like a garbage truck in the birse.
Speaker 4: That's how you know garbage Gary's arrived.
Speaker 8: Get the garbage, take the lid off the trash.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they go garbage Gary, and.
Speaker 2: Then you have to eat out of the garbage when they chant.
Speaker 7: I had to. I mean I was like, you know, I had to do it. I drink spoiled milk.
Speaker 4: Oh again, like cool?
Speaker 6: What I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean it's funny, like it's it's gross. But is it something you still do?
Speaker 7: No? No, I'm not that guy anymore.
Speaker 13: I'm matured.
Speaker 6: You're recycled Gary.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 1: I mean she could be impressed that she's with a legend. I mean, you definitely have your reputation.
Speaker 2: My friend.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't think she's going to see it that way. I mean she's all smart, Okay.
Speaker 2: She's classy.
Speaker 6: She's not gonna I love garbage.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, if you're not worried about it, why don't you just not go?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, you know, I'm definitely gonna go. I have to go. I'm obligated to go. But you know, I just want to figure out how to give my girlfriend a heads up to prepare her for Oh.
Speaker 1: I thought we were calling to like convince her not to go at all. So you just want to be honest, so she comes prepared for garbage Gary.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you know, I'm just playing it out. You know, in the future at my wedding, guys are probably gonna be doing the beat beach down.
Speaker 6: Dance.
Speaker 4: It sounds kind of good to me.
Speaker 2: Now, No, no, you want to go to that wedding.
Speaker 3: I do, obviously we want to help you out, man, But at the same time, I do know that we all want to party with garbage Gary at some point when this is all over.
Speaker 7: No, agree, garbage Gary is dead. I do not want to.
Speaker 4: Oh, come on now, garbage Gary.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, Joe.
Speaker 1: He's very deep down in there in the landfill of your heart.
Speaker 4: Let's play a song. We're gonna come back.
Speaker 3: We'll think of some advice to give you, and then we'll let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to your girlfriend and let her know about college.
Speaker 7: Garbage Gary, I mean, I hope you guys are joking. Please don't do the beat beep thing to her.
Speaker 6: It's hard to do it a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, now, let's do it. We'll see what happens. We'll be back by.
Speaker 3: Hold on, it's awkward Tuesday phone call. It's not very often that we get an infamous celebrity on the show, but today.
Speaker 4: We're talking to the one and only.
Speaker 6: Garbage Gar.
Speaker 2: I love the sound effect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're in that nickname back in college doing some pretty crazy things during party nights. Oh boy, that's his classic sound that you know, Garbage Gary's in town.
Speaker 2: Backing up Garbage Gary.
Speaker 6: I always got in the garbage right now, listen to that sound.
Speaker 3: He drank weird stuff, eight things out of the literal trash can when he would drink. And now he's supposed to bring his girlfriend to an alumni weekend at is College, and he's worried that some of his old buddies are going to introduce her to Garbage Gary and that's going to be such a.
Speaker 4: Huge shock and a huge turn off that it'll end their relationship. So he wants to just get.
Speaker 3: Ahead of it, call her now and tell her before they even go. And he's looking for some advice. Brooke, what do you think?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 1: I think that you just need to lead with what type of person you are now okay, and remind her how much people can grow and mature. Just so that she remembers that garbage Gary isn't the person she's with now. It's just who you used to be in your past when you finally do tell her about him.
Speaker 12: Got it, Got it, that's a good idea.
Speaker 4: I see what you're saying, Brooks.
Speaker 12: So not.
Speaker 3: He's not the fun life of the party guy anymore. He's just boring, average staple guy.
Speaker 7: Gary.
Speaker 4: Absolutely nothing interesting.
Speaker 2: About it, I mean kind of Yeah, all right, that's that's.
Speaker 4: A good strategy.
Speaker 6: I have a question for you, Gary, Does she have a good sense of humor or? Is she like a very serious person?
Speaker 7: She's kind of serious. She doesn't really like the party.
Speaker 8: I was hoping you were going to say the other I was gonna say, she's serious. You're in trouble, but maybe she has a good sense of humor. Then she'll see the lighter side of it.
Speaker 6: Way to help him, now, I got nothing for her.
Speaker 2: Didn't help.
Speaker 4: That's all we can really do for garbage Gary.
Speaker 7: So my name is Gary. You don't have to keep calling me garbage Jerry okay.
Speaker 5: Anymore.
Speaker 3: It's kind of endearing too, But you know, this is your awkward us.
Speaker 4: That wasn't a sound. That was a real garbage truck outside. Yeah, it's time.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm gonna dial your girlfriend's phone number right now and let you call Yara and tell her what you gotta tell her.
Speaker 4: You ready, man?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm ready. I'm just gonna listen to Brooks advice and you know, keep the current, tell her about you know the new mee?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, man, Well, good luck, we're here for you. I'm dialing your number right now.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 7: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 10: Oh Hi, I didn't even tell this to you.
Speaker 7: What number is this? I'm calling you from a different phone number.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, what's uh?
Speaker 7: What's what's going on?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 13: So? Uh?
Speaker 7: I got it. I got an awkward conversation that I need to have with you. I don't know you like me?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 7: You're with me?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 7: I'm all right?
Speaker 13: You like me?
Speaker 7: Yeah, i'd say I like you? Like what's going on? I like you? You like me? You know, we're all getting along.
Speaker 13: I'm not I'm not a dirty person.
Speaker 7: I'm not a I have good cleaning habits, my high I brush my teeth twice a day. What are you going on right now? You sound really nervous?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 7: Well, I you know, I just wanna I just want to talk about Uh are you?
Speaker 12: Where are you?
Speaker 7: I'm out of place. That's not my normal place.
Speaker 10: Really, you're being really weird. What's going on?
Speaker 7: Okay? So you know how we have the alumni thing coming up right?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah for your school?
Speaker 7: Yeah right, right right? And uh and you know they're gonna be meeting a few of my friends who've known me from the past, and uh, they were they knew me as a different fella than I am now. But you also, you also are gonna meet uh.
Speaker 10: Are you next to like a recycling please?
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's some jerk off backing up a truck next to me.
Speaker 10: All right, yeah, I know I can hardly hear you.
Speaker 7: Okay, go ahead, what do you Yeah? Yeah, let me yell at this garbage man real quick. One second. Guys, please stop with the beefing or distracting it. Uh wow, you just to the garbage cause yeah, yeah yeah. Anyway, yeah, So anyway, I got a I got a friend of mine. He got a funny nickname. They call him garbage Gary.
Speaker 10: Now that sounds bad, right, Yeah, I would not want that name, would it.
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 7: No, that's not a good name. Right, But anyway, he's a good guy. But back in the day. He was not a you know, the cleanest of habits.
Speaker 10: Like what what?
Speaker 7: Okay? He would eat garbage. I mean you know that's why he does have that nickname. He would grant you garbage. I mean why they call himage.
Speaker 10: Yeah wait, Gary, he would eat like literal garbage.
Speaker 7: Yes, he would eat garbage. But you know that was just one of the things he would do. He's also really good one yes, one time he got maybe once or twice, maybe three four. A few times he would get drunken. He would eat out of a dumpster.
Speaker 10: Yet he would a dump Did you just say that happened more than one time?
Speaker 13: I regularly eight out of the garbage.
Speaker 4: I'm going to break the awkward.
Speaker 7: But what's going on right now?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, we need to stop this conversation.
Speaker 5: Who the hell is there?
Speaker 4: You're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: We're the garbage man.
Speaker 13: What you guys are the garbage What the hell?
Speaker 4: Second, we're friends of the garbage man.
Speaker 5: None of this is making any sense.
Speaker 10: Can you seriously explain this to me because.
Speaker 7: This is so confusing. Okay, you're on a radio show and I were trying to figure out how to tell you that. Okay, I'm garbage.
Speaker 3: Carry well, I think you did a really good job of hiding it there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I like you and you like me, and we like each other.
Speaker 10: I mean, I was you said his name was Gary, and you're you're getting very nervous, so I was a little worried that.
Speaker 1: It is you.
Speaker 7: I didn't even think about that. Of course you put that together.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I mean, yeah, he's really funny your boyfriend.
Speaker 10: No, I know, But but Gary, do you eat like you eat out of the garbage?
Speaker 7: No, not anymore.
Speaker 12: I did.
Speaker 7: I used to, you know, it was in college. And that's you know, that's why I want to tell you, because we're going back to me my old friends, and they're going to be making the beeping sound at me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 3: That's that's why he asked us to be in on this call with him, because he was nervous that you might react kind of weird to learning that sort of information from his past.
Speaker 10: Gary, this is like very weird to me. I like, I'm just like picturing your mouth with like garbage in it, and it's like roasting me. It's like roasting me out I'm sorry, but it's it's.
Speaker 2: Just wow as well.
Speaker 6: That's a good way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I get it. I know now garbage is bad and gross. I know that now.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm mature. I'm mature, and I know garbage is bad now. But you know, back then, listen, I'm sure you've had uh, you know, some wild times back in college.
Speaker 10: I mean, yeah, I did. I mean, we we all did. It's it's true. I mean, I think heat out of a garb nickname or something like that.
Speaker 4: Did you drink out of the toilet ever? One time?
Speaker 10: When you were definitely never done that?
Speaker 7: But I did have a nickname I did?
Speaker 2: Oh you did? Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean you have to, you know, be pretty wild to get a nickname in college.
Speaker 10: I mean it was hot tub.
Speaker 6: No, I know why that's I mean, let me get you joy.
Speaker 10: I mean, it just it kind of just turned out. I don't even know.
Speaker 13: How, but turned out.
Speaker 7: So you don't know, you don't know how you got the name. I mean, I can guess how you got that name.
Speaker 13: Behind them?
Speaker 7: Do you like to go into hot tubs?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 10: Yeah, let's let's just go with that.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, it's exactly it hot, That's exactly it.
Speaker 3: But the whole point is that you both have moved on from those college days. Gary no longer eats out of the garbage, and Yara you no longer do whatever you did in those hot tubs.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I haven't been in hot tub in quite a while.
Speaker 7: I could say that.
Speaker 2: It's not like you guys are destined to be together. I mean, are there be.
Speaker 6: Eating garbage in a hot tub.
Speaker 3: I think when you go back to college you bring back both of your old drunken personalities. I think garbage Gary has to meet hot tub Yara is the.
Speaker 6: Back of the frats and stuff.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 10: I think hots of Yara is a little more inviting than garbage Garry.
Speaker 2: So you're good with garbage, Gary, right, Yara?
Speaker 10: Gary, It's okay as long as like that's not something you're like still doing in your spare time. And like even if we go and like they're they're daring, you were asking me to do stuff like that, you would never do it.
Speaker 7: Promise that I will never eat garbage ever again, on the condition that I learned more about you want to.
Speaker 2: That's fair, dude, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 10: But do you really want to? Gary?
Speaker 5: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You ever had one of those days?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, every day?
Speaker 9: Yes, you do.
Speaker 4: Well, it happened to me this morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, what happened?
Speaker 3: It all started when I was eating breakfast in bed and spilled my organic farm to table syrup on my hand woven Nigerian silk bed sheets.
Speaker 8: Now to clarify, it was just a single drop, and I technically didn't do it.
Speaker 3: My made Lucy was hand feeding met every day. Her seventy year old hands weren't holding the spoon steady enough for me.
Speaker 4: Come on, Lucy, your banana in the morning. But I witnessed it, and when I saw it, day ruined.
Speaker 2: Must be hard for you still now you're.
Speaker 4: Just stewing about what could have should have? Yeah, so just know that I'm at my breaking point.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 4: I desperately need some cares in the house. When we do a brand new care or don't care, I'm gonna break you.
Speaker 2: Don't care if we may push you over the edge.
Speaker 7: Please don't.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do it coming up, did you guys hear at the end of this year, our boss is going to fire the employee with the worst posture.
Speaker 6: Oh really?
Speaker 1: You decide if I want to slouch or something.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: I have a hunch that might be me.
Speaker 3: So everybody heads up backstraight wide open for a brand new edition of Care don't Care. Let's get right into your first headline. The craziest thing anyone's ever snuck through t s A and now it's all over TikTok. There's a guy on TikTok with the user named barfly seven seven seven seven.
Speaker 2: It sounds reliable, and he is.
Speaker 3: Actually pretty popular because he does all these videos where he cooks elaborate meals inside of dingy hotel bathrooms.
Speaker 6: Gross.
Speaker 3: But he will literally make a pizza from scratch on the bathroom counter or cook up a French onion soup in there.
Speaker 8: I know, I know this guy, and I know what's coming, and this is gross.
Speaker 3: Look, he just had a quote terrible idea like cooking a lasagna over the toilet.
Speaker 4: Wasn't a horrible idea. This was worse.
Speaker 3: Because he posted a video where he prepares a bowl of garlic shrimp inside of the lavatory of a commercial airplane.
Speaker 9: Did he do that?
Speaker 2: I don't understand how you could even do that? Is it rot?
Speaker 6: Kind of cool?
Speaker 4: He said?
Speaker 3: He was lucky just to get the stuff past security, because the items in order to build the heating element might look like they were a bomb.
Speaker 2: He built a heating element because.
Speaker 3: He brought along a couple of six volt batteries. Those are like really big ones. Yeah, he wired those to an immersion beverage heater stop it. And he filled up the bathroom sink with water. Got it hot enough that the raw shrimp only needed a couple of minutes in there to cook.
Speaker 6: Then pink, then actually cook.
Speaker 3: He added instant mash to the shrimp water to give it extra flavor, and toffed it off with some garlic butter. Remember this is all happening in the bathroom of the airport.
Speaker 2: Blacklist this man. He is on another flight. Did he eat it? Don't tell me.
Speaker 3: Once everything was made, he scoops it out of the sink into a complimentary barf bag and then walks back to his seat to enjoy his meal. Disgusting objectively, yes, but let's give the guy some credit from a guyver ring like cooking device inside of the lavatory talents for good.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is evil, this is evil.
Speaker 4: I bet it tasted not bad.
Speaker 2: That sank has to be the dirtiest thing.
Speaker 4: All right, I agree to disagree on that.
Speaker 2: I you're serious, you would eat it.
Speaker 3: Let's go to our next headline. Santa's secret workshop upgrade just made Christmas for the kids even better. The Santa might be magic, but he's also practical. That's why Old Saint Nick just found a way to harness the power of AI.
Speaker 4: Up at the North Pole.
Speaker 3: This year, Santa is using robot elves to write and send personal messages to children who made the nice lists. No, you know, he's doing it with the help of a company called Handwritten that's written spelled with a Y so w R y.
Speaker 6: T T e at company.
Speaker 3: Because Santa is obviously very busy right now, so this company offered to help him out to send thousands of holiday greeting cards out to children all.
Speaker 4: Over the world. And here's how it works.
Speaker 3: Parents can go put in a good word for their kids by going to the website Handwritten by Santa dot com. But after you submit your request on the website, Santa, along with the help of AI, will make sure all the good kids know that their notes and their Christmas wish lists have been received up at the North Pole. All right, and the holiday cards should arrive peppermint scented, and they're going to contain a sprinkle of lookalike snowflakes in there with a return address up to the North Pole.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. My kid's right to Santa every year. Yeah, and this year my daughter sent her school picture with it.
Speaker 3: Why are you opening up your children's mail before.
Speaker 2: Cut the picture out? The committee A fellow who for.
Speaker 4: Let's say, if you guys care about this.
Speaker 3: Some say Brooks children are destined for this, and no it's not working for their mom in one of her sweatshops.
Speaker 4: Don't care.
Speaker 6: I guess I care.
Speaker 3: You may have heard the news story about the seventeen year old boy who just became the youngest ever to pass the California bar exam.
Speaker 2: Wow crazy.
Speaker 3: At age thirteen, he started high school and simultaneously enrolled in a four year program at Northwestern School of Law.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he's gonna burnout by the age of twenty five. You better be careful.
Speaker 3: Hopefully he doesn't end up like this other child prodigy who's making news.
Speaker 4: His name is Zang Xin Yang.
Speaker 3: He entered college at age ten, got his PhD by the time he was sixteen.
Speaker 4: Was considered a national treasure in China.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, Now he's twenty eight years old, and guess what he does Absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: I told you I call it.
Speaker 3: Once he got accepted into the Beijing University of Aeronautics, his parents bought him a one point four million dollar apartment to live in. But by that point, Zang felt completely burned out, so he quit his studies and decided he just wants to take it easy.
Speaker 6: Brook was so right.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's so much pressure just being an honor roll student. Can you imagine what Seriously?
Speaker 3: According to Yang, he just sits around, watches a lot of TV, does an odd freelance job here or there.
Speaker 4: But that's it.
Speaker 2: Did I say, I'm actually kind of good for him? Is that bad?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 8: I know he's brilliant, but like you know, his freelance job is still too much I could ever get done in one.
Speaker 2: Like poor guy didn't get any childhood.
Speaker 3: He studied for those fifteen years before they burned out. It's pretty great, ye. And finally, Jeff's joke of the day caroen don't care? How do billboards talk to each other? Sign language?
Speaker 4: That was don't care? We got your phones have coming up?
Speaker 5: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Down God, we have a new player to win Brookes Bucks today. Her name is Jess, and she says her favorite holiday movie is Else for two reasons. One, she says, because kids can watch it, but it has adult humor in there. And two, she says, who doesn't love maple syrup with noodles?
Speaker 4: So Jess, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Jess, ye, thank you.
Speaker 11: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Have you tried maple syrup with noodles because we did last year.
Speaker 11: I have tried it. My brother in law is also a really big elf stand, so he encouraged our entire family to try it.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, what was your review? Your food review here?
Speaker 11: It was pretty sweet. I wouldn't eat it every day, I know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why does it work with pancakes and not noodles?
Speaker 1: They're pretty much the same ingredients, you know, flower water, a couple eggs.
Speaker 4: The secret is to get really really drunk right before awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh kay, Brooke, you can you head out and while you leave, we're gonna explain the rules to Jess really quick. It's thirty seconds on the clock to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when you can say past, but you do have to beat Brook out right to win.
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 11: I'm ready?
Speaker 3: Good luck, Jess. Your time starts now. Today is National points Setia Day. How many eyes are in the word point setia four? What state slogan is Eureka.
Speaker 7: Oregon.
Speaker 4: Motel is a blend of two words hotel and what else.
Speaker 7: And movable.
Speaker 3: A scientist who studies rocks is called what a geologist? What was the forty ninth state to join the union?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: All right, good work, they're Jess, moving pretty quickly. What's gonna come back into the studio? And according to my phone screener here, Jess, you have actually a few interesting holiday traditions. Number one is matching Pj's with the entire family. Number two is stay out of each other's way.
Speaker 5: Wait and you match?
Speaker 2: Ps we go match over there.
Speaker 11: Okay, No, it's just we have a really big family, and so by the time Christmas morning comes around, we've done Christmas Eve.
Speaker 6: And because yeah, you do Christmas Eve presents like normal people, right, we do.
Speaker 11: It for people who are not in our direct family. So we do each other's presence Christmas Morning. Everybody else Christmas Eve?
Speaker 3: Cool That's when she locks herself in the bathroom and cries, all right.
Speaker 4: Bro, you're out.
Speaker 12: You ready?
Speaker 3: Yep, your time starts now. Today is National points SETIA Day. How many eyes are in the word points SETI?
Speaker 12: Two?
Speaker 3: What state slogan is Eureka Alaska? Motel is a blend of two words hotel and what else?
Speaker 2: Mobile home?
Speaker 4: A scientist who studies rock is called what.
Speaker 2: Oh my god pass shoots?
Speaker 4: What was the forty nine state to join the Union?
Speaker 2: Forty nine was Hawaii?
Speaker 3: Eighteenth President Ulysses at H. Grant is on what domination of denomination? Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not H.
Speaker 4: Grant, it's S.
Speaker 12: It is S.
Speaker 3: Eighteenth President Ulysses S. Grant is on what denomination of paper currency?
Speaker 2: I feel like Grant's on a five?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 3: Brook is only used to really really really big dollar bear, so she clearly doesn't know. Isn't there a penny or something? Let's go to the scoreboards. Yeah you did with Jose.
Speaker 6: I'm singing, I'm in a store, I'm singing. Anybody can sing. Jess, you got one correct today.
Speaker 2: Oh it didn't feel good to me either, Jesse. It's fine.
Speaker 8: And Brook, Yeah you did get one extra question in Yeah.
Speaker 6: Also one.
Speaker 3: Tie does go to the house on these jests, so I do apologize. Today is national points Sadia day, How many eyes and points sedia two?
Speaker 4: Two eyes? That's right, although it can be pronounced with just one.
Speaker 6: It sounds eight.
Speaker 3: The state slogan that is Eureka. That's the slogan for California, gold Russian.
Speaker 2: I'm saying a gold rush in Alaska.
Speaker 3: But yeah, motel is a blend of two words hotel and not mobile home, motor hotel and motor. It's motel. The scientist who studies rock is called a geologist.
Speaker 2: God, it couldn't come to me.
Speaker 3: Alaska was the forty ninth state to join the in Hawaii was fifty and eighteenth.
Speaker 4: President Ulysses S.
Speaker 3: Grant is on the fifty dollars bill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a flick of the.
Speaker 6: Money picking up off the ground.
Speaker 3: So wow, IM sorry it wasn't quite enough to beat Brooke today. But just for playing, you do win a four pack of tickets to the Washington State Fair Holiday Magic on select days from December first to the twenty third. You can immerse yourself in a world of festival delights where twinkling lights, the aroma of delicious trees and the sound of laughter fill the year. Celebrate this time of year with holiday activities both indoor and outdoor.
Speaker 2: Awesome, thank you, Yeah, have fun in the bathroom by yourself.
Speaker 5: Yes, there you go.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be back to New Windbrooks Bucks, same time tomorrow, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.