Speaker 1: Well, Carti b just made it.
Speaker 2: Instagram officials she and Offset have split for real.
Speaker 1: This time.
Speaker 2: Carti joined fans for an Instagram live and spilled all the tea. She first asked if everyone had figured out the quote clues she'd been putting out there, then told everyone saying quote, I've been single for a minute now, but I have been afraid to like not afraid. I just don't know how to tell the world. But I feel like today has been a sign. Carti went on to say, I want to start twenty twenty four like fresh open. I don't know. I'm curious for a new life, for a new beginning.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: She says, this isn't the first time. Well, I'm saying that this is the first time the couple have gone their separate ways. Remember that they split back in twenty eighteen, just after the birth of their daughter Culture. Carti also filed for divorce in twenty twenty, but pulled back a few months later. You know, still trying to make it work and everything.
Speaker 1: But now, well they're gonna line up. Yeah, who is?
Speaker 3: Oh they're gonna line up though, Oh for.
Speaker 1: Cardi, Yeah, ain't gonna line I was rooting for them.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: Athletes, it's some athletes finish sign up for this. And I don't know who the little rapper boy is, but he needed to be very careful, be very careful who you don't know, the little rapper dude try to go out it. He need to be careful.
Speaker 1: Oh whoever trying to because you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna wind up in one of them songs and you're gonna find out you a wangster, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, we wow, Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Carlo is here with today's music news about the Grammy's fiftieth hip hop celebration.
Speaker 1: How'd that go?
Speaker 4: Sunday night, Shirley, The Grammy's fiftieth anniversary of hip hop. You know, twenty twenty three was, of course, the fiftieth anniversary of hip hop.
Speaker 1: So we're winding down.
Speaker 4: I'm sure this will probably be the last celebration for the fiftieth anniversary, being that it was this past Sunday night on CBS. Queen Latifa, Common Public Enemy, Right, Kim Dougie, Fresh Light, MC light, Ricky Rose g Z, Jermaine dupri To short E forty day.
Speaker 1: My Soul Nellie chanced the rapper l El cool J. They took it back.
Speaker 3: Yes JJ oh Chance Old a dude with the three oh.
Speaker 4: Yes from Chicago.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought you was talking about that other dude that had that one song out.
Speaker 1: His name means.
Speaker 4: For Warren g arrested, Development Steve Roxanne, Chante, Big Daddy, Kane, Quest.
Speaker 1: Love t I. I know all them. God see look at you, Look at you thought you name somebody? I know all them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, these were the legends that were there. No, Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff closed the night out with performances the classic summertime get jiggy with it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, getting.
Speaker 4: Jiggy with it all right. So Will and Jazzy Jeff Cold Yeah, they wore the same Philly you know, the baseball jerseys that they wore back in nineteen ninety eight at the Grammys. They rocked it that night, so it was cool. Parents just don't understand that was back when they won that Grammy. So if you missed the Grammy's fiftieth Hip Hop celebration, you can probably check it out on I think it's Paramount Plus or whatever. But it looked pretty good start study. So I'm gonna check it out again too. So there you got music news all right. Back to you, Sureley, Thank you, Carla.
Speaker 2: And finally, in entertainment news yesterday, one of the Kings of comedy, Steve Cedric, the entertainer annown some of the nominee for the Golden Globes. The movie Barbie and the TV show Succession each took nine nominations in the film and TV categories.
Speaker 1: Yes, that movie was excellent. Barbie Billion nine nominations, Yep, yep, amazing what they ask can come up with? Check this out?
Speaker 4: We got to say congression, women, empowerment. It had a deep message.
Speaker 1: It was Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture of Musical or Comedy Fantasia Lords for the Color Purple, which is out Christmas Day. Best TV Series Comedy, Avid Elementary Chris Rock Wanda Sykes were both nominated for Best Traditional Stand Up Comedy Specials.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: The eighty first Danuel Golden Globe Awards set to air live from the Beverly Hilton Hotel on their new network, CBS coming January seventh.
Speaker 1: And that is a Sunday Yeah.
Speaker 3: Lovely Hill. Yeah, that's what the griol.
Speaker 1: Was to Beverly Hill. I'm so happy for Fantasia too, because everybody I'm happy. Yes, I know how you feel about.
Speaker 3: Understanding that damn Bobby movie though, who show? Yeah, the damn who is? It?
Speaker 1: Is very good. Well for the holidays, maybe you should take some time to work watching not watching that.
Speaker 3: Man, let me tell you some funniest thing in the world. I went to see my grandson perform after school. He was supposed to sing, so we was a little late getting there. He walked off stage. What do you mean walked? We weren't now walked off stae. Oh that's what I say. As well, plant you s downstage? He said, I ain't see nobody.
Speaker 1: Ye, my people ain't here to see.
Speaker 3: Me doing this.
Speaker 4: On me?
Speaker 1: Man, I'm out of here. Did I ever get a chance to perform? No? He just kept the program moving. Huh, all right?
Speaker 2: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, Chris Rock gave Kevin Hart some advice about what to do before a meeting.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening Hard Morning Show