Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is the j n V. Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club Laura la Rossa as our guest host. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, miss former Ohio State Senator Nina Turner.
Speaker 1: Welcome, it's good to be home.
Speaker 3: Welcome back. How are you feeling?
Speaker 2: You look amazing? Man, you can I get up.
Speaker 3: I just will let you know. Charlomage throw shots at everybody because of you.
Speaker 1: One of the producers came back.
Speaker 4: It was like, you know, Neda turn this here and she's looking amazing and Charlamage was like, well, that's because she's in the gym.
Speaker 2: Eat well a shot.
Speaker 1: Let me give a shout out to my trainer, Derek Goddale from d d T Dereck Dondale Training in Cleveland, Ohio.
Speaker 2: They help and be holded.
Speaker 1: Is Lauren? Is it alright? Is it alright? What made you want to go down that path of you know, getting right physically because we need it. You know, you talk a lot about mental health and it's all it all goes together, mental health, physical health and dorphins you get And I didn't want to hurt nobody. So I got to get in there. My trainer is also a boxer too, So I get on the bag to DJ and I picture all kinds of lowering, all kinds of faces. That's trying to hurt nobody.
Speaker 3: Out just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Work out every day, almost every day. Yes, seventy percent of it is what you eat. And he tells me that all the time. Now I had gotten smaller than what I am now, and he was a little concerned about it. So he did tell him to go eat some fridfish front fries. Get that back up, because I had lost my sister. Girl, you know too much. But he was joking. I mean, he was just saying, hey, you you you're getting a little too small. So he's a good trainer. It's not just about it's about how you feel. He knows each and every one of his clients in a deep way. He knows when you're not feeling right. He knows when something is every single client, not just me, And I think that's a special gift. He's a gifted man. I have to bring them the next time.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, people have bonds with trainers that that a lot of people don't see because they have that time, and they're there for an hour or two hours, and they're talking not just about training, but about life as.
Speaker 1: Well, holistic exactly everybody. So as we I know, everybody's gonna be eating, you know, from Thanksgiving through New Years, but we gotta keep it together and every This is for everybody, but especially black people because we go through so much. And your your health is ultimately your wealth. And it is spiritual. It is physical, it's mental, it's all of that stuff. But working out it's not just about weight loss or toning. It's psychological too. It keeps you sharp.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad because you know, next year is a presidential election.
Speaker 1: Years on, everybody you said Biden shouldn't win, I shouldn't run, he ain't gonna win, But anybody you said he shouldn't run.
Speaker 2: I mean that's but that's why I think he shouldn't run, because he's not going to win.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna win. You know, I wish he was just running the primary. Can we just start with the primary, at least running the primary, because we have a primary that the d N is refusing to acknowledge because both parties, when you have an incumbent, they pretend like competitors don't exist. Primaries are for us to have a robust debate a boy about ideas, and if, in fact then Cumban is the strongest candidate, then that will come out in the wash too. It's kind of like training. Why not you got Mary Anne Williamson running as a Democrat, You got Janke Huger running as a Democrat. You got doctor Cornell West running as an independent. I think doctor Cornell West and also Robert Kennedy Junior should be on both stages, but minimally they should be on the Democratic stage. And then you got Congressman Dean Phillips who has jumped in the race running as a Democrat. If your ideas are all that, then to bake them out in the primary so that things can come out in the wash, so that you're ready for the main event. But the Democrats have decided they don't want to do that, and so now they have anointed Biden as the air parent. Just because the incumbent don't mean you entitled to a second term. And that's him or anybody else that goes for me or any other politician. You got to earn the vote each and every time.
Speaker 2: What would say the people who say none of those people you name have a chance in hell of win.
Speaker 1: Well they won't have a chance in hell to win if people don't know that they're running. And the media is very important, and that's what I love so much about the Breakfast Club because you guys give audience to everybody, Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, no party, rock and roll, cock, you know, R and B, whatever, however you rolling because people need to know those other people are running. And if people want to know why governors are not running right now, you know, like the governor of California who just debated DeSantis in Florida, Well he not running because he needs to play the game so he can be ready for twenty twenty eight. If he runs, or any of these governors run, they see they don't have to courage to buck the system to say that we are in peril. Seventeen polls have shown President Biden losing. Now, I get it, polls are snapshots in time. But this is turning into a polaroid picture. I know I'm dating myself now, but this snapshot is becoming more than a snapshot, is becoming a very clear picture. Most Americans do not want to see a rematch between President Joe Biden and former President Donald J. Trump. Are the facts.
Speaker 3: That's scary though.
Speaker 4: You know, first of all, I just want to say polaroids back and my daughter asked for. But you know, that's very scary when you have everybody, politicians, regular people saying that they don't have faith in Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: What does that mean? Or people are gonna go out or we're just gonna give this to Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: It's not given though, DJ. It's it's a competition. So I need people to understand this. Politicians are not old anything. I need to come and ask you for your vote. I need to lay down what I did for you, you know, as Miss Jackson asked and one of her songs, what have you done for me lately? You don't owe me as the politician, I owe you. And to think that President Biden is the best or the only thing that we have. He ain't the savior, you know, And I would say this about any candid. Everybody knows I rock with you know, I rocked with Senator Bernard Sanders. Who is you know supporting Joe Biden? For me, it's what are you doing for my people? What are you doing for the people in the hood where they misunderstood. What are you doing for working class people of all backgrounds in this country? You let the shadow president, you know, hijack your bill back better. We ain't built back nothing better. Then you got billions of dollars to send over the war. Janet yelling the secretary. The Treasury secretary when she was asked, can we afford we Americans afford two wars? She said, oh, yeah, we can afford it. So if we can afford two wars, then we could afford the enhance to keep the enhanced child tax credit. If we can afford two wars, and why don't y'all go hund and cancel all student debt and then put a mechanism in place so that kind of debt doesn't happen to college students again. If we can afford two wars, and baby, we can afford universal health care. If we can afford two wars, and damn it, black people want their reparations. That's all I'm saying. Hey, charity starts at home and spreads abroad. I'm not saying, don't help any of our allies. But we got people dying in the streets of America right now for the lack of resources. But they got the pure unadulterated golf to say, we ain't got money for domestic issues. What about domestics, tranquility, that's part of it too. So people fed up DJ they just all they gonna say. I don't think people are going I know there's a poll that says that about twenty two percent of black people are gonna go over to Trump. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but I think most people are just not gonna vote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I say.
Speaker 5: Question for you, do you feel like though, because of the people that you mentioned, like the cornal us Is and other people that are running on that side, they don't have the platform is not there, And as sad as it is, people don't a lot of stuff you're talking about. People go and vote just because of who they're hearing about on social who has the biggest campaign, So what's the real like, what do they do? How do they even get next to Biden has the platform, he's a president right now.
Speaker 1: Well, the incumbany is always going to have the upper hand. That's the system. But we live in a time where maybe you can google everything. I mean, people got to study to show themselves approved. But media is a powerful force, and you all know that because you hold a modicum of power. To the extent that mainstream media continues to lock out these people on then you're right, most people may never hear them. I think doctor Cornell West has somewhat advantage because he's an internationally known philosopher, you know, international known intellectual. So a lot of people cross generations definitely know doctor Cornell West. Now they might not get to know that he's running for president, but he's running, and the same for all the other people. I think Congressman Phillips may have an advantage because he is a congressman. He got that fancy title right now. But the mainstream media is not supposed to be calling these politicians. They're supposed to open up the airways for everybody and let the games begin, let's compete for this stuff, and so it is shameful that that is not happening.
Speaker 2: I think you know what's interesting to me, Senator Turn is people are using logic for elogical times, right, because even when you bring up the polls, people will say, well, you know, polls aren't always accurate. It's not even just the polling he's polling terribly against a man who has ninety one criminal charges for indictments to impeachment. It shouldn't be closed. It shouldn't be close a man who said he wants to be a dictator, like, it shouldn't be close. And why people are like, maybe you need to step aside. That's why David Axlerod is saying, hey, maybe you need to step aside.
Speaker 1: We can't risk it and not be selfish. I think for both of these men they can run. Right. We know age is a factor, but I think age is connected to economics, how people are feeling about their personal economies. I know that the system. You look at the stats and they'll saying, oh, the economy is doing better, but is it doing better for big Mama? Is it doing better for Big Daddy? Are they feeling it? Because the economy, the measures that we use to say that our economy is healthy is based already on a rig system. In other words, the system leans towards those who have the greatest wealth. But if big Mama and Big Poppa can't afford the eggs or the gas everything is going up, then damn what the numbers say on paper. We need to know what is happening for them in their real lives now? The point about the polling again snapshots, we get it. But unless Democrats make some real, deep seated changes, all them poles can't be wrong. I mean, it's like dropping bread crumbs. It's telling us something. And so both of those men can run, right, they are allowed to run. I won't say that they shouldn't have the ability to run, but I think it's selfish that they are running. In other words, that's the best we can do in this country is to have a rematch between two presidents that most Americans do not want, and even Democrats. If you look at President Biden, most Democrats do not want Joseph R. Biden as the candidate. So he's not the only one. He's the only one that the system is elevating in such a way that it's locking out other people who would be logical choices to run. And then you got a few courageous people who have been in this studio who I just named, who are out there in saying damn that I'm running anyway.
Speaker 3: Would you like to see?
Speaker 1: Well me actually? But ain't nobody better? But I'm not running right now? I love doctor Cornell West. I think he got the moral courage and the moral fire right now. And then my other choice, if I could vote for two people for the people that are running right now, be Mary Ann Williamson. Those two are out there doing the Dagon thing, and doctor West has definitely made the requess of sacrifices to be running in this race. For Lawrence's point is well taken. You know he won't get he well, I won't say he won't get the OXI this is gonna be harder. I think it's positioning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was going to ask you this, does it ball do like what Lauren said, where people are so stuck in the way of I'm born Democrat, I vote Democrat. I'm born Republican, I'm a vote Republican, and I'm not voting it independent because that's the way that I've been doing it, my parents been doing it, my grandparents been doing it. And it's kind of like we're stuck in a z own. I know, I know a lot of people that just go to the thing like Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, don't even knowho they voting for it.
Speaker 2: Just Democrats, especially judges.
Speaker 1: Judges really get a free pass and then main ones we need to check out because they got the ability to keep you out free or lock you up. No, it does bother me. But when you know better, you should do better.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a.
Speaker 1: Scripture in the Christian Bible. World Paul said, you know, when I was a child, I did childish things. Right, It's time for us to grow up and do the research. We have more technology at our disposal than any other general, so it really it's no excuse. I used to do that. I'm gonna say vote for so and so and so on, I'm gonna vote. But then I'm matured and I started to do the research and now it's not that hard. So yes, DJ, it does bother me that people are just going just just flapping in the wind instead of doing the study and then asking these politicians, really, what have you done? Not that you like them, not that you want to have a beer with them, not that you would club with them, because I like a lot of people, but what have you done with the power that you have to change the conditions for the people who suffer the most in this country? If you haven't done anything, then why am I voting for you? And then people say the lesser the two evils. Well, you know what, sometimes people just gonna throwup their hands and say, damn, I'm just gonna vote for straight up evil because I already know lesser too. Evil ain't get me none, so I might as well go go all the way and just go for evil.
Speaker 2: Do you think Palestine and Israel is gonna have a real impact on President Inviden Because I hear a lot of people in Michigan, especially Muslim Americas in Michigan, say the ain't not rocking with them voting for showing up like it will.
Speaker 1: And I don't think people are gonna change their minds Now we haggling over Medicare for all, and you don't do it, then I may just go ahead and vote for you anyway and keep fighting you to try to get it. But now we're talking about the slaughter of innocent people in Gaza. Let's talk about the slaughter of Palestinian people in the West Bank. That's not even talked about a lot. But you got eighteen thousand people dead, you got about forty two thousand or so people maimed or injured. You got sixty percent of the Gaza has been just blown up. So imagine being a son or daughter or a person from Gaza. Imagine being a Palestinian. And if you live, what do you have? You know, I saw a picture of a she probably was five or six year zeros old, a Palestinian young girl. She's shaking like a leaf, traumatized.
Speaker 2: That's trauma.
Speaker 1: And if you have children, or you know somebody who have children, imagine that that was your children. Oh yeah, the Middle East is going to be blood is on the hands of the United States of America. There's a law called the Lahy Law. And in that law, that law was put in place in nineteen ninety six. The law said that we in America should not be given funds to military operators who we know are violating human rights. Just slaughtering innocent people to get at Hamas, I think is a violation of human rights. You got Netting Yahoo in twenty fifteen said that under his watches, under his watch, there would never be a Palestinian state. So now, how as a Palestinian, what am I gonna do with that? If we take harmas yeah, evil vile, what they did immoral and illegal under international law. Let's deal with that. But eighteen thousand Palestinians dead, forty two or so thousand maimed and injured. Their entire world is in ruble. If we don't have a cease fire, how we ever gonna get to peace? And then the mental impact on the people who survive on what just happened to them. That girl shaking, that baby shaken, is many like her. What is she gonna think growing up? You think she gonna be in love with the system. No, she's not. And so the keep is really safe. Palestinian's gotta have self determination to keep Palestinian safe, Israeli's got to have self determination. But they do. They control the water, the electricity. So we're not looking at this in a way that's very holistic. The UN has said this, you know, don't do this. Many of the human rights organizations across the world said, don't do this. All I want to know is how many people gotta die before we realize that you can't war your way to peace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know sender that Bernie Sanders is on this weekend and he said that we have to stop giving Israel a blank.
Speaker 1: Check without condition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have to stop giving them a blank check for it so they can stop killing innocent, you know, civilians and children, And I feel like, man, why aren't people talking about that more like that point, because everybody was focused on him saying we can't have a permanent ceasefire with people who want permanent war. You think you think it's justified. But the flag he's getting, the back like he's getting for this.
Speaker 1: Some of this stuff is incongruent. Now I'm with the Senator on don't just give Israel or any other country just a blank check? Are we paying for You know, my mama say I pay I paid for this. You live in my house. I pay everything, So you gonna do what I say?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 1: The same thing applies here if America took a moral position on this to say, you know what, I get it. What Hamas did was rotten, evil, wicked. Hey, go after Hamas surgically. But there comes a point where there are too many bodies laying and wake, how many more bodies? I just want to how many more bodies it's gonna take. So although I appreciate Senator Bernard Sanders saying don't just give Israel blank check, but at the same time, the Senator don't want a permanent Ceasepore. So how do we get to permanent peace? At some point, people got to stop the shooting and the bombing. And most of those bombs are coming from Israel. They in our name, those bombs are made over here. It's our money. So we are culpable for the deaths of the Palestinians. And you know what, it's not only gonna impact you and you and you mean, it's gonna impact our children, our children children. See now you're messing with my stuff now. And all the money that we send over there, whether it's over there or in the Ukraine, is less money that we have to have universal health care, canceling student that you know, name the things that we need. Water systems help Flint, Michigan still got dirty water. The Democratic Secretary Attorney General in Michigan dropped the case. So now you got people who live in Flint who just got to live with it. And I can go on and on and on. What are we gonna do on the domestic side of the Ledger? And Israel certainly is our ally, Israel has a right to exist, Israel has a right to protect itself. And what about the Palestinians? Because I learned in math, you know what you do on one side, you got to do on the other. So what about the Palestinians? And what about the innocent Palestinians? Over fifty percent of those people are our kids. Is a very young community. They didn't vote for Hamas, So at what point? How many bodies? I just want to know how many bodies? So look, I get it, but you gotta have a ceasefire. I don't know how you get the peace without a ceasefire. And then how do we get to a permanent piece where Palestinians have self determination? I want our viewers and listeners to know they don't control electricity, they don't control food, they don't control water, they don't control all of that. So how can you control your livelihood when you can't control the basics? Maslow's hierarchy you need is in play here, and so we got to put ourselves in that place. Remember Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King Junior not the only one, but he is the symbol for it. As long as he was talking about civil rights for black people, it.
Speaker 2: Was all good.
Speaker 1: But when the Reverend Doctor started talking about the Vietnam War, they all hold on, brother, hold on you done, got out your depths. Now we ain't gonna allow you to talk about that.
Speaker 2: That's the same he communist, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's the same thing happening right now. We got to stand up for humanity because that but by the grace of God, that could be any of us. So, no indiscriminate killing of Israeli, no indiscriminate killing a Palestinians. And when you hear a baby cry, until you look at that baby, you don't know what their race or ethnicity is. All you know is that you're hearing a baby cry.
Speaker 2: You have a new worker power organization called Somebody.
Speaker 1: We are somebody.
Speaker 2: I came in here with four of them, would never put them down.
Speaker 1: Well, we are somebody. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So workers' rights should be codified into legislation, strike without fear, rebuild the middle class.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Unions do matter. One job should be enough to one job should be enough people working. I remember when I was growing up, an extra job was an extra job, absolutely, But now an extra job is mandatory because of the way the economy is rocking. You know, Seeing the End did a poll and they basically ask people, you know, how you feeling about the economy In twenty twenty at the height of COVID, people you know, were saying, oh, you know, I'm feeling pretty good. Twenty twenty three, they're not feeling good. And you know why they're not feeling good despite what the economic indicators say. They're not feeling good because those safety net measures that we did during COVID take it away. They're gone. So people are not feeling good about the economy right now. Working class people, and I mean all working class people from all strata. Some people may be in the six figure range and some people may be, you know, just barely making it. But baby, we all working class unless you got a sugar mama or sugar daddy or sugar somebody. And I don't mind having that, you know.
Speaker 2: Some day just put that out there.
Speaker 1: But I'm a working woman and I'm blessed. But working class people got to come together, and that's what we are Somebody is about. It is a capacity building organization for working class people, whether they're unionized or not, because people deserve to live a good life, and you shouldn't have to be ultra wealthy to live a good life.
Speaker 2: Are you pushing to change things like the forty all work.
Speaker 1: Week forty our work. We get a Friday's off working with a group one fair wage ran by an extraordinary young woman. First name is sarru. I hope to get her on the breakfast club, but she is. Her organization is. Next year there'll be thirteen states that they target. Five of those states will have valid initiatives. The others of the states will have legislative initiatives, and that is to do away with the sub minimum wage. I don't think people understand the history of the sub minimum wage is really to mess over black women. Bring you them where that industry said black women theywn deserve to be paid, let them get tips. So now you gotta get your money based on the largest of somebody that's coming into the restaurant. And one thing that Syrue said, what they meant for evil for black women, now reverberate to everybody, because now everybody in that industry submit and wage. The average wages about two dollars and some change. You may live in a state where it might be a little higher. But every time we go to a restaurant, those people who are serving us our meals are depending on us to give them a tip to supplement their wages. And that should not be. So that's one example of a project that we are. Somebody's going to work on the legislative side, because if you change legislation, helping unions is a beautiful thing. It only helps those members, and that's good. If we want to enlarge that territory, then we got to do ballot initiatives because laws do matter, and put laws in place that do away with the sub minimum wage. Can you imagine somebody as hard as some people working only making two dollars and some change. That's crazy, you know, and I cannot believe we're still talking about this in the twenty first century. Those are the kinds of things that you know, President Joseph ar Biden and this Congress could be doing. When they had the opportunity to increase the federal minium wage from seven dollars and twenty five cents, they decided not to. You remember, they did a hard pass and they blamed it on the parliamentarian. They could have done that. That's when the Democrats controlled both chambers and they didn't. They didn't do that. The Proact didn't do that. George Floyd didn't do that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I was gonna say, so you talked about the safety net, right, and with the safety net during COVID, there was I mean, of course they were given they were helping people out with their whether it was car loan or mortgage or whatever it may.
Speaker 1: Be, the PPP long PPP loans.
Speaker 3: What will help people now?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Because you look at people losing their jobs. I was telling Sheloman earlier one of the gaming companies just had to get rid of eleven hundred people. Spotify just had to get rid of people. So many people are losing their jobs. Interest rates are at all time How people can't buy houses or automobiles?
Speaker 3: When you look at food, food costs through the roof.
Speaker 4: If you ever look at a price of eggs or some orange juice, or you're just normal things that people would need to survive as expensive as ish?
Speaker 3: What would how do people? What will people have to survive?
Speaker 4: You already said that people are not getting paid in the forty hour work week.
Speaker 3: So what can be done?
Speaker 4: And is that the reason why people are looking for Trump and not buying because they feel like Trump are sent out some more checks with his name on it or whatever it may be.
Speaker 1: Is that some of that reason I'm gonna be flipped for a minute. Poor people don't need eggs. They don't get to eat eggs, you know. I mean that's basically what is coming down to. Eggs costs more than chicken wings. Material conditions that people have to change the motive. People vote when they hopeful and they ain't got nothing to hope for it, They're not gonna go out and vote what I believe. See, this is not about Trump, and so this Trump derangement syndromas is blowing my mind. This is more about who has the power right now and what they're gonna do about it. Yeah, you gonna keep bringing up Trump, but Trump ain't been in office for the last almost four years. So it really is up to this administration and this Congress, Democrats and Republicans. We ain't gonna let them Republicans off the hook for them. They done showed themselves be just outright just just totally lost their minds. But if we put them in the parking lot, what substance things are Democrats doing other than blaming Trump and telling people, oh my god, if you vote for Trump in twenty twenty four is gonna be the worst thing ever. People living in worse times right now in this particular moment, did you asked me what would be some of the fixes. First of all, this Congress could restore the enhanced child tax credit that lifted millions of children out of poverty. We lifted them out of poverty, only to catapult them right back into poverty. What sense does that make? It makes no s since whatsoever. They could pass the pro Act so that workers can organize without being retaliated against by the man or the woman that runs the company store. They could do those things. They could cancel all student debt right now. Again, the Treasury Secretary said, we got enough money for two wars. Where there's a war brewing right hair in America against everyday working class people. We need a social contract, We need a humanitarian way, a human rights economy. And that's the kind of thing that I do at the New School as a senior fellow, shout out to doctor Derrek Hamilton. We need a human rights economy. And in that human rights economy, it said that there are some basic things that everybody should have. Health Care is another one. DJ. If everybody had health care and it wasn't commodified, it wasn't tied to a job, people would do all kinds of creative things, but they can't because it's tied to a job, underinsured and uninsured, So those are things. Inject that money into the economy domestically and give people the freedom of mind and body and soul and spirit that they need and deserve.
Speaker 5: I know you you talked about the middle class catching hell, you talked about hopelessness right now. A lot of times with me, I feel like when I have the political conversations like this and voting, I have friends right now they're saying they're not going to vote at all because they're in that space that you're talking about. What do you think is like the best thing for people? Like how do you put that aside? And I mean, I know what, it logically makes sense, like we need to be able to get out vote, change the world and all that, But the people that you're talking about, it goes over their heads, like they don't feel like if I vote, something's going to change. They're just tired of what they're going through right now. What do you say to those people? How do those people get that hope back to feel like if we do this, things will change local level, federal levels.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, I get that, Lord, I'm not one of those politicians that say, you know, you don't have a right. People have a right to feel the way that they feel. But I would say you got to vote. Mad as hell, still gotta vote. Everybody should vote. But this is especially for black people. People literally died, and we are so far removed from that generation. We don't teach it enough. You know, Desantans don't want it taught at all, But that don't stop us from going into our black churches and doing it anyway. People literally die for it now, a lot of people because tesling, you know, would say, well, people don't want to hear that that they die, but they did. People died. And what she means by that is sometimes that's not enough. And that's what you're saying too, Lauren. You gotta be in it to win it. The game gonna happen. It's either gonna happen to you or through you. Right, it's gonna happen to you or through you. It can happen through you. By you getting out there to vote, you can have a lot of impact on local elections, probably even more so than the federal level. But all elections matter. There's no such thing as an off year election. So people mad as hell. I get it, but you still need to go vote. But voting is just one part of the process. You know, when our four parents are fighting for the vote, they understood how pivotal it will to give black people voice into who could represent them. That's just one part. We now have to take that to the next level and say, not only do you have to vote, but you got to hold these people accountable. You got to keep the score. And if they not doing what they told you they were gonna do, damn lesser of the two evils. Hey, I'm just gonna find me another candidaten't vote because, as Big Mama will say, I can show you better than I can tell you. They just got to stop accepting it. So I get the frustration. Voting is just one part of making the change or being the change in your community. You got to be actively involved all the time because justice is not a destination, it is a journey. Too many people don't want to make a sacrifice. We ain't talking about, you know, boy being in a Montgomery bus boycott for three hundred and eighty one days. We just asked Laurens, people, can't you just go to the poll and vote. That's all we ask. We ain't got them kind of auction block problems that our ancestors had, So why can't you vote and be mad?
Speaker 2: Well, what if the I agree with everything you're saying, But what if those people say, you know what, you're right, but I want to vote conservative?
Speaker 1: Vote anyway they want, which is that? Go however they want? Because again I believe politicians need to earn the vote. We have conservative black people and I ain't mad at it. You don't put all your eggs in one basket. We got liberal black people. I'm a little mad at that because I think the black bourgeois z or black moderates are part of the reason that black people are catching hell. And I'm writing I write a book about that charlot. They get on mine too, the data ones. You know, we talk a lot about the white liberal, but we don't talk about the black folks. Is standing in the way of black liberation. Why isn't the black caucaus the main people down there saying where is black people die a higher rates? Where's the universal health care? What are they doing now? I ain't talking about individual Black caucus members, and they can bring me to smoke if they won't, because I'll bring it back to them. But where is that moral conscious It was a time when the Congressional Black Caucus was the moral consciousness of the Congress. But when you go to their little things, hell, they bought and paid for too, sponsored by, sponsored by, sponsored by, So people should be able to vote for oh, they vote too. As long as they vote. Now, it's my job if I want you to vote for me, is to try to convince you to do that. Now, it's a lot harder. What I'm saying is easier said than done, because then big money will come in right and tank the whole process. We get that, But ultimately, I, as a politician or a public servant, have a role to play in that. So vote forever they want to vote for. Just go vote.
Speaker 2: And you say you writing a book about.
Speaker 1: Oh, about how the black moderate is the biggest threat to black liberation. Damn oh yeah, more than the white liberal. Because you know, Minister Malcolm X warned us about the white liberal. Doctor King warned us about the about the white liberal. But we have done very little study about the impact of black moderates on Black liberation. I'm coming for them.
Speaker 2: Why do you think they are stopping progress so much.
Speaker 1: Because they stand in the way Black faces and high places. They ain't standing up for nothing, and they give people shields to not do enough for black people. If you ain't standing up for your own people. Being the one that's preaching, preach, preaching, it's so giddy about being in the damn room. They forgot why they're in there. Titles are good, but purpose is better. We need purpose driven people in those rooms, especially black because when and the onus is not just on black people, but when we move, foundations shape the world shakes and shapes. It changes. Civil rights movement just one of many examples of how when we move in a way that has an eye towards justice in all of its forms, everybody gets it. We got the move especially us, not only us, but especially us. And if you see black people languages, if you see a legal system that sees only black people because of justice over there that y'all got over there, on that she ain't blind. She see us all the damn time. When you have a system that barrels down on one group of people disproportionately than anybody else, somebody to say this ain't right. And if the Congressional Black Caucus won't say this ain't right. Why didn't you pass to George Floyd police and act this ain't right? Why didn't the John Lewis Voting Rights law pass? Or why didn't you Why wasn't y'all on table? See I'll get on the table, but I want people to think this family show. But you know why, why aren't you doing those things? Why you ain't say gas up yet? Why didn't you stare the shadow president down Joe Manchin and saying that hell to the gnaw, you not gonna do it a way with a hands child tax credit. I got too many poor people and struggling people in my district. The moral consciousness is lost, and that is what is happening. And they try to guilt people in the voting for the people. I ain't here to guilt you to vote for nobody because I tell you what, if they not delivered, they got the power. I got two toddlers in my life, and I have higher expectations of them than we do with these politicians. Oh, they didn't have enough of a majority, But that ain't what y'all said. When y'all was running the twenty twenty you said give you the majority, you was gonna make some things happen, and you didn't. What are you willing to give up? I think a lot of politicians, especially when lives and liveshoods are at stake, you need to run like you're only gonna get one turn. And baby, if I was running for president and I got it, I'll be up in that piece like, hey, they ain't gonna put me back in here. But I tell you what they gonna know, Nina Turner, what's here?
Speaker 2: And that's all we want somebody to.
Speaker 5: Different. They running relax right now, They running real lax right.
Speaker 2: Now, And that's all we want somebody to fight. And those same black moderates, it will be like, ah, yes, it's Congress, it's Congress, it's Congress. Congress will give Congress hell. At least give Congress hell on behalf of the people. But I know one thing that damn Trump say what you want. He gonna give hit people hell if they don't do his big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he let it be known. I mean the difference between him is covert and overt. You know, these other politics, they do it covertly. They want to be They gonna come back in some folks. They gonna seek retribution. Trust me, I've been in the holies and holy but Trump, make it plain. I'm coming for you. So now, difference between the fox and the wolf. I know how to deal with the wolf because you just told me exactly what you're gonna do in lieud the Fox. Yes, it's Trump a neo fascist. Is fascism dangerous? Yeah, it's a difference between knowing that you got ten hours worth of oxygen and not knowing at all. Maybe if I know, I might be able to survive. So we gotta deal with neo fascism. But don't forget neo liberalism, meaning keeping the status quo breeds neo fascism. And so my party, the Democrats, have to run like Trump is a clear present danger and not put the onus on the voters and not try to and don't y'all come in here shaming black people when what's gonna go down in twenty twenty because we gonna warrn you, And don't put it on us because we vote overwhelmingly for Democrats, come hill of high water, whether they do anything for us or our children, our children's children. And I don't think that's right either, we need to change that. But don't blame us.
Speaker 2: And that's the other thing. We're not telling Biden not to run because he losing the black vote. He's losing the vote people.
Speaker 1: The polls show every most Americans do not want to see a rematch between these two presidents. But yetting still they not doing what we asked. Other leaders would bubble up to the top if they had space to do so. But when you are within the machine, so learn if you were you know, so Biden said, you decide you want to run, If you run, then they gonna remember that, see and then when it comes twenty twenty twenty eight, they're gonna punish you for challenging. So that's why you have people like Newsome and some of these other you know governors. And don't get me wrong, they're not the only ones that's qualified to run. I'm just naming them because in the trajectory of things, people really see, oh, if they're a governor or you a senator, they should be the one running. If they stepped out there to run right now, then it's gonna be retribution against them in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Eight eight, we might not have a democracy.
Speaker 1: I know that we might elections. Hell, the world might not be here. That's another reason why we need to go for peace. There is a ripple effect. Those of you who played Domino, you understand how when the dominoes fall, they fall. What's happening in the Middle East is happening over here. In other words, none of us are going to escape what is happening in the Middle East or you crane. So let's talk about the continent of Africa. What's happening in the condo. See, we don't talk about that, what's happening in Haiti. All of that has a ripple effect on each and every one of us. So that's why I want peace. Peace ain't soft, piece is strong. It takes a lot to want to have peace. I want peace so I can have some Peacebody. I appreciate you for I can listen to talk all day. Thank you, Lauren. And I am going to go on your website and get some of it so I can.
Speaker 3: Must you have to change your whole wardrobe.
Speaker 1: I d oh, my God, DJ, but it was a good it was a good Tell you baby. Can I tell you how much I love you God? And I feel that and I know that I got this Charlemagne DJ Lauren, I mean you you create space for black people, but I want to say, particularly create space for black women of all ages and all stages. And I love you for that. And I got to shout out my my one of my advisors, Tansling Theero, she do it, don't. But I just love y'all so much. I love our people, I love all people. I love Black people, And the reason why I want to see people lifted because I want people to be able to live a good life. I think everybody should be entitled to do that. Systems can change, policies can change, and we got to make sure it happens. So nothing butlove, Happy holidays.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.