Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all at all?
Speaker 3: Given them.
Speaker 4: Back a bus busy.
Speaker 5: Listening to me.
Speaker 3: I don't joy, Yah, yeah, joy, you know you.
Speaker 6: Love you.
Speaker 7: Turn you got to turn the mouth the turn You probably got to turn mouth.
Speaker 3: Turn out the word. Then jump, look, come.
Speaker 4: Come out, you're think, I sure will. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the voice, Come on, dig me now, one and only Steve Harvey. I got a radio show. Real grateful for that. You know, it's funny. I remember when I first started out in radio. A lot of my peers laughed at me. Some of it was being mean spirited, some of it was just you know, mocking me. I'm used to stuff like that. But I had a special guest on my show, Joel Oldstein, and you know something, man, he said something that was I can't remember the scripture. I don't know exactly how it were like we were having a long conversation, but the gist of it was, don't be upset with where you are now, and don't be upset with the small things in your life. Be grateful for the small things and the small position that you have right now. Because you don't know where that's going. You don't know what that's gonna be one day, you don't know what that's gonna lead to. And that was very warming to hear him say that. But it also reminded me of when I started in radio, how small it was. It reminded me of when I started in stand up making twenty five dollars a show. It reminds me of not having a home at a period in my life and what God has allowed me to live in now. So don't be distraught over your position now, and don't be ungrateful or unappreciative for the things you have now because you don't know what that's going to grow into. And that's really the gist of that I got from what he was saying. I just wanted to share that with you, that where you are now is so temporary because now, like I've said before, now is a fleeting moment. Right after you finish saying now, that moment that you claimed as now, that's gone. So the where you are now is a very fleeting process. Now you can change where you are now, and you can change how you feel about where you're at now, and you can change about where you're going by simply changing your mind.
Speaker 4: It is no difference.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you, folks, the thing that I've learned about successful people is not so much of what they do.
Speaker 4: It's not what they have.
Speaker 5: The biggest thing I've learned about successful people is how they think. That's the thing that's different. It's how they think.
Speaker 8: And I'm telling you that you can change the way you think on any subject and start becoming successful towards that. Starting now, you have to understand that, man, the biggest difference I've noticed between successful people and non successful people is how they think. I was reading what it's God said that he was taught all wrong about money. He said that his father was very negative about money. He all throughout his life he heard his father say, you know, people who got money have walked on somebody to get it, or cheated somebody to get it. People who have money, money is the root of all evil. Money is money is this And people who got money, you know, don't deserve it. They've done something wrong to get it. Yah to y'all. So, he said, he grew up the whole time thinking that having money was something was wrong with that. He discovered that it wasn't look. You can choose to be successful anywhere you want to. I've chosen several ways to be successful. I want to be a very, very successful father. I think that's one of the things that's paramount in my life that I really am working hard right now to become a successful father. Not a successful father in terms of money, but a successful father in terms of offering the amount of love and guidance and leadership and the example that my children need to look at. And that's what I'm really really working hard at now. I want to be successful as a father, but also I want to be successful as a husband.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: I want Marjorie to always that she can count on me, to not have to wonder about me or look for me.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: I want her to feel secure in the fact that I really have gotten it right, that I really am focused on being a good husband to her because it means so much to me, you know. So I'm working hard on a lot of levels. I'm working hard and trying very strong to be a successful motivator of people. I want to be a share of information to people that will uplift others and give others the same things that I've learned through the trials and tribulations of my life. But at the same time share that information and use the power of this microphone to uplift people, you know, not to destroy it. My show is not about Ooh, guess what so and so said? Guess what so and so did. I don't like mean spirited things about people, you know. I joke with people who calling this that's another thing. But I don't like destroying people with the power of the microphone. So I'm working very hard on being successful in a lot of areas of my life now. Also I do care about being financially successful too, because my father. One of the gifts he gave me was very simple gift. He told me a long time ago. He said, son, the best thing you can do for poor people is not be one of them.
Speaker 4: And that stuck with me. And this was a hard working man who was a coal miner who worked construction his entire life. My father didn't have an easy life man. My father didn't sit behind a microphone. My father didn't come to work and people cheered for him. My father wasn't famous. My father was just a go get it dude. That he instilled that in me and I've taken that and applied it to my craft, and I thank God for him for that. But I do try to be financially successful so that I can do some things with it to help some other people. Now, am I opposed to having nice things?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Do I apologize for having nice things?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: And why should I? I work?
Speaker 8: You know, I'm not on the radio asking to give me money, you know, so I can go buy a car. I'm working, so I don't feel how you want to feel. And other people do feel that way about it. But if success in terms of finance is what you're lacking, you can go about the business of doing that. I'm writing a book, and that whole book is about teaching people how to become successful. And Man, I'm breaking it down in a way where everybody can get it, man, because I want the college student to get it, you know.
Speaker 4: I want the.
Speaker 8: Working mom to get it, the single mom to get it. The hard working father that has been trying to hold his family together can get it. The father that ain't ever got it together and feel that because of that reason, he can't be the father he needs to be. I'm writing something, man, to put it into words, to let you know that God is a forgiving God, and that God is a merciful God, and that God can get you out of any situation you find yourself in. You just can't beat yourself up every time you make a mistake. I make mistakes all the time, man, I just got to remind myself to get up. I ask God for forgiveness. I will call on his mercy and his grace and I get up and I go again. But it's coming, man. And if finance success is what you want, you got to change your mind. You got to start thinking about how to produce it. The first thing you do is you got to ask. You got to ask to have a life and have a life more abundantly. That's a scripture that He comes to you to give you life and to give you life more abundantly. That's a scripture. That ain't a joke, that ain't a theory. That's a fact, and the fact that if you don't have a life of abundance, you can get that by asking. Then it starts by believing. And how too, don't even worry about that. He takes care of that himself. He'll send the stuff your way. But you got to be willing to put some effort in this thing now, and you can do it.
Speaker 4: Okay. I know I was a little around the place today, but that's what it was. So you know, let's go get it.
Speaker 9: You're listening.
Speaker 4: Show, all right, everybody. This is the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 8: I haven't really decided how I was gonna start the show this morning, because you know, every morning I kind of take a different angle on it, and I just don't have an angle today. So the angle let me try this. Let's start the show like it was a regular, regular morning show. Hi, everybody, this is Steve Harvey and welcome to the ride. Steve Harvey Morning Show. About to get you off to a great start today. It's a brisk morning this morning. In some parts of the country. There's an overhead cloudy there traffic out there. Please be careful on your way to work this morning. Drive carefully. I hope the kids get to school safely enough. Hey, we're gonna have a fun, fun time today. Well that's how regular show started. I can't see myself doing that. Hey look here, y'all, it's Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 4: Talk to god? Jack told me what you needed? Did you tell him? You appreciate it. Now what I did?
Speaker 8: Man, spend some time saying I was grateful this morning God looking out for us.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: Let me tell you something, y'all. Just because the blessing is delayed does not mean is denied. Hang on in now, man, don't give up, y'all. There is always hope. If you are awaken today, it is because God ain't through with you yet. Put a smile on your face. Face today with cheer. If you're going through some troubles, ten toes down, take them in, man.
Speaker 4: Let's go. Put your knuckles in your lower back and brace yourself. Come on with it.
Speaker 8: Steve Harbin, Mortin Show, Shelly Strawberry, Colin Farrell, Mississippi, Monica Junior better known as Killer Waan's Space and the legend of Nephew Tommy Junr.
Speaker 4: What is it today, man? You seem a little happy today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, Walkie, just brush up of my attention.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: You know this holiday parties and everybody.
Speaker 10: You know, when you get the Christmas and everything, there as a certain group of people who really don't care nothing about Christmas.
Speaker 4: They just want to play space.
Speaker 5: Yet, hold on, Julia, what did I just say to make you think he was talking about Christmas?
Speaker 1: What did else what I'm talking about? Before the show up? It just said I just thought about it.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, other side joke. Don't nobody know nothing about it? Come on, let's try to connect these jokes. JUNR. That's one thing you got to work on us.
Speaker 1: We're doing cone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're doing radio because I'm wanted. You know, the fans listened.
Speaker 8: So before the show started, we was talking about spades and cards.
Speaker 4: Now go ahead, Julie, thank you.
Speaker 1: Unc I appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Like I said, there's a certain group of people who don't care nothing. Certain group people don't get nothing by Christmas. There's some people coming over there to the house just to play spades and Domino.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 10: Just to start a fight old Christmas. That's what they coming in there to do. Don't play your right card with them, and see what happened. See if the turkey don't be on the flow, See if Jams ain't gonna be on the tape, watch the greens.
Speaker 1: If you play out of turn and let a book slide, and see what happened. You already know that.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, But if you knocked that turkey on flow, Yep, Christmas is gonna be real different than my housband tell you that right now. People that come over your house to play spades on Christmas usually don't have a gift.
Speaker 1: No, they don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: They just said, why are you coming through the dough on the Lord's birthday with the deck of cards? The damn dog? Imean you you didn't get to you ain't drawing no name, you ain't you ain't no card or nothing. You know, brought a deck of cards up in here. You know, we can't play cards till late night.
Speaker 9: All right, guys, coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew as he runs that prank back right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 11: Morning show, all right, it is.
Speaker 9: Time for the nephew to run that prank back. What you got for us, nepht.
Speaker 5: We are lashing out this morning. We are lashing out. And this is for all you ladies out there. That's when eyelashes where they just way too long, They just just way too long. Let's just die it back a littleit all right. They start looking like a feather a duster. Yeah, yeah, you know, just we can't see your forehead.
Speaker 4: Last it out. Let's go catch up?
Speaker 12: Hey slashing out? How can we lash out?
Speaker 4: I'm trying to reach Bianca.
Speaker 13: Listen?
Speaker 12: Is Bianca?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 4: Listen?
Speaker 5: My name is Brian. My my wife Jamie come up there and get her eyelashes done?
Speaker 6: Is uh?
Speaker 4: Who the who's the owner of this place?
Speaker 12: I am Brian? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 14: Going on?
Speaker 4: You you're Bianca. You're the one that owned the place.
Speaker 12: I'm Bianca. I'm the owner. We opened about a year and a half ago. Proud, happy, black owned, women owned, woman owned establishment.
Speaker 11: What can I do for you?
Speaker 9: Here's the deal.
Speaker 5: I'm sick and tired of my wife coming up there and then when she get back home, she got these thicks eyelashes on and they long as hell. You know, I'm it's these eyelashes thicking on somebody's mustache. It's a damn shame, you know not. They told her to take that.
Speaker 12: Hold up, Brian. Now, I may or may not be the person doing it. But whoever, I'm pretty sure probably that sounds familiar. But whoever, we have a lot of customers. But whoever comes in here, they pick their lashes. We we you know, we collaborate. But the girls are saying what they want done. They pick it. So if they're thick, they're thick because they want them thick.
Speaker 5: Okay, well these are two they too thick, and then and they too long. Your eyelasses ain't supposed to be sticking away. I pass your nose. That's a damn shame. But let me let me tell you what I'm getting at though. Here's here's here's my reason for calling. If my wife come home one more say what n you?
Speaker 12: Can you send her down because I mean, I'm running a business here, and you sound crazy. They can cheer you through the fall on the girls. They're looking at me in the chair. I don't know what's going on. I don't know. Can you calm down? You loud and screaming, And all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Is, if my wife come home with these long thicket as i lasses again, I'm gonna come up there and raise holy hell at that damn place.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you the truth about that.
Speaker 6: You know what are you talking about?
Speaker 12: Why you're threatening me? You are not coming up here.
Speaker 4: I'm coming up there.
Speaker 5: You if my wife coming home with them thick as long eye lass as again, I am No, you're not coming up here.
Speaker 12: We just opened a year and half ago.
Speaker 14: We are doing that.
Speaker 12: We don't need no drama for nobody. You need to talk to your wife. It's your marriage. Don't come out here taking it.
Speaker 5: Ain't nothing wrong with my marriage. The only thing wrong with my marriage is these damn thinking as I lasting.
Speaker 4: And they too long.
Speaker 12: That's the why are you? Why are you calling me with this? See now I'm yes.
Speaker 5: Because I'm calling because this is what she got her eyelashes done.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, Oh my god. Then you need to talk to your wife. Okay, I need to calm down. I'm running a business here. What you're trying to do sabotage me?
Speaker 3: What you work for?
Speaker 4: The com ain't trying to sabotage now.
Speaker 5: But I tell you what if she come home with these long thickets as I lads again, I'm gonna come up there and I'm gonna find all the violations and codes and everything building, and I will get you shut down if we don't stop these long thinkings as I last.
Speaker 12: Okay, Brian, I'm from the south Side so much. You need to back up because now you're threatening my livelihood. Yes, I'm gonna go there.
Speaker 6: With you.
Speaker 12: You're threatened in my livelihood. You're threatening the jobs of so many girls here. What are you doing? You need to talk to your wife and you need to back up. And I am sorry to Kurt. We try to speak class here, but now you're making me lash out at from lash out. You need to back up. This is my job and people have jobs. What are you doing threatening to come up here? I call the cops on you, and you will not be able to come here, and we will not let you get her her eyelashes on. And you need to fix your marriage because you've got some anger issues. Clearly you pissed off at your wife and you're calling us, threatening to ruin our business. Wyan, what is your wife's name?
Speaker 4: My wife name is.
Speaker 12: My wife name is Jamie, okay, because anybody is here, no Jamie or do Jamie's glashes? Okay. It's like four girls raising their hand because everybody goes to somebody different, So I don't know who is the Jamie slashes. But you got some anger issues, okay.
Speaker 4: I ain't got no anger issue.
Speaker 5: The only problem I got is my wife having some long, thick eyelashes and they further out than her nose. And thiguring it into somebody's much stand that's what I got a problem with.
Speaker 12: Okay, you know what, Jamie just needs to leave your because if you got an issue, call her. Why are you calling us?
Speaker 5: Why wouldn't I call the people that put the thicker eyelashes on?
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't I?
Speaker 12: Well, first of all, you need to talk to Jamie and send her up here. We're gonna tell her not to leave yours first of all. Second of all, I don't. I cannot help you. You are interrupting my grinding. Okay, we are interrupting our grinding, and we got a business going here. What is your problem?
Speaker 6: Can't you go do some work, Go and.
Speaker 12: Talk to your wife and fix your marriage.
Speaker 4: You know, you know what I tell you.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what, Beyonca. I'll tell you what you're not trying to fix. No, no, no, you're trying to fix the problem. I'll be up there. I'll be up there and and I would bring somebody that would shut.
Speaker 12: That shops right now, call him down. Tell them somebody who's coming up here? And they're threatening us at lash out call see they three girls calling right now? Bring your little up here.
Speaker 5: Mother.
Speaker 12: Come on, come on, bring in, bring it up here.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you some is Carmen up there?
Speaker 12: Karmen is sitting in my face right now? What is going on doing? Honey?
Speaker 3: You know him?
Speaker 6: Card?
Speaker 12: Why are you asking me about Card?
Speaker 4: Where's where's Carmen at right now?
Speaker 12: See right here?
Speaker 9: Looking at me?
Speaker 13: What what is called?
Speaker 4: She is she laughing?
Speaker 3: Hold?
Speaker 12: Yeah, now she's starting to laugh.
Speaker 14: She's going on.
Speaker 12: Y'all gotta be looking crazy at night.
Speaker 4: Be can calm down? Baby? Check this out. This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Marty Show. You girl, Carmen got me the prank phone call you.
Speaker 12: Oh, oh my god, god, okay, you know what y'all got me out here?
Speaker 6: Looking dad?
Speaker 12: I cannot Tommy, Tommy, nephew Tommy. Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: What girl. I'm just lashing out a little bit, that's all. I'm just lashing Oh.
Speaker 6: My god, Oh my god.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry, Nephew Tommy, I was actually crazy.
Speaker 4: You got to tell the nephew. What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land, the one, the.
Speaker 12: Only Steve Harvey Morning Show, always forever.
Speaker 6: I love y'all.
Speaker 9: All right, thank you, nephew. Coming up next to it is ask the Celo with our Chief Love Officer Steve Harvey in the building. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour. In entertainment news, we have some good news for you, Junior about your favorite group, Jodosy tell you about that in just a few It's exciting news too. Remember Montgomery chair slinger Reggie Bernard Ray, Well, he's going to avoid jail time after hitting someone with the chair in the Big Montgomery Brawl. We all remember that. And Northwest makes her rap debut on stage with her dad. That is all coming up at the top of the hour, But right now it is time to ask the Clo. The Gussie in Charlottesville says, my mother backed into my car leaving our house. My husband is being unreasonable by telling me not to file an insurance claim. He wants my mother to pay for it. Isn't that what insurance is for? Do I make my mom pay or file the claim?
Speaker 8: Oh, he don't know what Your husband is being cheap? He don't want that market, yes, his insurance, but man, make your mama pay? Dog, I can't even man Doug. I wouldn't care what my mama did about the kitchen on fire. We just got to go in here and get some new damn cabinets. I can't charge my mama, man for nothing. I wasn't raised like that, so I don't even I don't even know how to play with y'all. But it's mama. Think you got one, that's all I can tell you got one. Y'all know it's her mama. But he got to be respectful of that. Like I respect Marjorie's mama, you know, as if she were mind. I got respect. She's a mother though, and she's older.
Speaker 4: That's the part.
Speaker 5: I don't understand our generation, man. Some of y'all, man, we have got away from the way it is. It's just caused some damn respect, man, that's all it is.
Speaker 8: It's respect your elders, honor thy mother and their father, and our days on this earth shall be long.
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 8: Y'a ain't heard none of that, ain't none of no. Well, damn, you need to learn something, man. It's about respect, because one day you're gonna be old. Old is a gold. I don't understand, man. Damn dog just reported to the insurance company. Yeah, those types of accidents ain't bad. Now, if you out there in a hit and run and a concident for somebody bumping into your car and your driveway, them ain't bad. Them don't count like that, bro, Get a grip man, inspect the girls, mama, and don't make your mama pay for it.
Speaker 4: Call your insurance company that period, cause how it's done.
Speaker 9: Yeah, all right. Moving on to Ell in Indianapolis, Elle says.
Speaker 4: Let your mama do nothing, not dog, that's right.
Speaker 9: Elle says, I'm pregnant with my first child and I met this great guy that wants to date me. My child's father ghosted me two months ago, and I'm due in February. Is it wrong for me to get to know this new guy while I'm pregnant with another man's baby.
Speaker 4: Oyo, First of all, I'd like to meet this new guy. Who the hell is he?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 9: Because he's dating a woman that's pregnant with someone else's child.
Speaker 4: You don't find that to be a little rare?
Speaker 9: Yes, of course, I mean I know it's been done before, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it means you show it that much. We need you. We need you.
Speaker 5: Baby that's coming here in February with her about that I'm trying to put this new guy that ghosted you. That don't mean this new dude ain't gonna ghost you.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't mean no, Look I don't. I don't like answering questions like this because the woman's pregnant.
Speaker 4: But listen to me.
Speaker 8: Stop getting out of one situation into another situation. Just wait, why you why you gotta do something now? He ghosted you two months ago, so you're gonna get another one?
Speaker 4: What now?
Speaker 8: What you you think he gonna be in a delivery room? I mean, what's the purpose of the new guy? You don't even you just met him? Like Tommy said, go meet your baby. Damn say hi to him or her.
Speaker 4: Finish it. You know, have yourself a nice, healthy pregnancy.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Try that. Why you got to have a man, ain't you don't you know that these men ain't working out for you right now? Hello, just go meet your baby. Baby don't know. I can't.
Speaker 8: I'll give him a cancel. Dating where y'all going? You're finn to go to the hospital, but.
Speaker 9: Not understanding.
Speaker 3: You go out.
Speaker 9: He's gotta stay there when you.
Speaker 8: Start coming out. He got to run down. Now they're gonna put his name on the burst of afraid of starting to look like child's supposed to me. Man, this looks like eighteen years of payments to me, all right.
Speaker 9: Moving on to Chris and Paramus. Chris says, my wife and I experimented with another girl and it didn't do anything for me. My wife loved it and wants to do it again. I hate that I ever asked her to do it, because it's all she talks about. Now do you think this is something she's wanted all along?
Speaker 3: This one?
Speaker 8: It did nothing for you, and it did everything for her. Let me explain something to you, bro, what you're not saying in this letter. It's some inade inadequacies going down in this letter. So let me explain some to you. She agreed with you because you bought it up as an idea.
Speaker 4: She loved it. You didn't.
Speaker 8: Now you bought it up to your wife because of an inadequacy in your relationship.
Speaker 5: So here, you bought in the third party. Now the third party got in. You didn't care for the third party. She loved the third party, which means she was feeling inadequate about you. See what I'm saying see you're following this, hir doog.
Speaker 8: Now you wasn't happy what she was giving you, and obviously she wasn't happy with what you was giving her because she want that other girl back. So maybe you have discovered that you all sexual relationship and relationship ain't worth for damn.
Speaker 4: That would have sounded like to me in the letter.
Speaker 9: Do you think she's gonna see the girl on the side without her husband's Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hell yeah, cause that's what dudes do. Yeah, you don't want to see her no more? Will let me holler at her by myself?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 8: Yeah, all that didn't happen though, And it ain't just because you introduced it.
Speaker 4: That's a big part of it.
Speaker 3: But you allowed it.
Speaker 4: And now you found out what was he nice?
Speaker 8: You think now she like getting her bacon fried extra crispy.
Speaker 9: All right, let's move on to our last one, Steve. This is from Andrea and Clinton. Andrea writes, my husband had a hand towel in his bag that he said he got at the gym, but it was too nice to be a gym towel. I guess he thinks I'm stupid because he's sticking to his lie. Why do men lie? Instead of just saying they messed up and apologized.
Speaker 3: Why would do that?
Speaker 4: Why would he do.
Speaker 5: Apologized over a washcloth? I got the washcloth at the jim. I know you say it was too nice for the jill, but they got to buy some new ones.
Speaker 4: Sometimes. I was down on new washcloth date and set them out and I put one in my bag.
Speaker 8: Why would I tell you I was over girls house and put it in my gym bank? Why would I say that?
Speaker 9: All right, on that note, we got to end it. Thank you Colo. Coming up next entertainment news. Right after this you're listening Hard Morning show. Well after opening for New Edition's latest tour and doing their own tour, it is official, Junior. Are you ready for this one? Joasy is headed to Las Vegas for their new twenty four residency. It is called the show is called Joeasee, The Show, the after Party, the Vegas Residency. Okay, you're ready for it to start here? The start dates March fifteenth at the Mendalay Bay Resort in the House of Blues. The first leg of their residency is March fifteenth through the twenty fourth, and then it's going to resume in July the fifth through the thirteenth. So there you go, Junior. These are the dates. Pre sale for the tickets start today at one pm Eastern.
Speaker 4: Why, I've been watching you.
Speaker 9: Very long time, and the tickets are available at the House of Blues and ticket Masters.
Speaker 4: You're going to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going, of course, I got to go, man.
Speaker 4: Going, Why I got the earth.
Speaker 5: You get out on the first run, because that second run in July that might not have the first day March fifteenth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you probably need to be out there early. Dispute happy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're old enough, and plus they toured with a new edition, and I think new addition is such a professional group of dudes. Man, Them dudes is real down with how they stay together and make their money. And I think maybe they had it. They influenced them. Set him down and talked to him and you just got to talk casey and joking. I don't really know all the rest of them names, but Davante and jiggo and come on now and every winter fine, now, come on.
Speaker 11: Anything.
Speaker 8: No trouble everywhere. If I've been around forty years, they heard no trouble. Brothers, ain't no trouble. Just see all my groups, ain't.
Speaker 4: No trouble.
Speaker 8: Okay, while I'm going Yeah, so you'll just can't be a damn group.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Well.
Speaker 1: If a fight break out up, I'm in there with jokes.
Speaker 4: I'm going to an R and B concert to fight. That's a damn shame.
Speaker 1: Why don't you.
Speaker 4: Just go to just go to hip hop concert? Jos, just get it over with.
Speaker 9: He's going to see go to.
Speaker 8: A hip hop say, or a new comedy show, because that's what they do a new comedy shows.
Speaker 4: Now they fight.
Speaker 8: I don't know why comedians have given up on the objective that we're supposed to have, which is to make people laugh. Your job is not to go up there and be as insulting as you can. Now, if you get a heckler, then that's a free run for you. If you get hecko from the stage, you have every right to dismantle this person by any means necessary. But y'all just trying to get into comedy.
Speaker 4: Just listen to me. The objective is to make people laugh. That is the objective.
Speaker 8: Y'all slowly started turning it into shock let's say, the most shocking stuff. Then you turn around into let's say, the most degrading stuff, and then it became insults, and now comedy is a damn fistfight every weekend. Wow, shocking is not funny, It's not man. The reaction should be laughs, not us and ours. That's not what comedy is. And the comedians who have gotten that very very confused. And I know exactly what I'm talking about, so they know, Man, you old Steve how No, this is the way it works. This is how you make the money. Because the people who don't make people laugh do not make money. I'm sorry, Yeah, ain't nobody paying to come see you fight?
Speaker 4: UFC?
Speaker 8: Why I don't though, So like you know, for me, man, Like I say, the comedy just took a turn, and it wasn't for I don't think it was for the better.
Speaker 4: There are still great ones out there.
Speaker 8: Like I'm gonna tell you who I've really enjoyed lately watching out on stage is Cat Williams. I've really enjoyed watching Cat Williams lately because his comedy has changed. I remember Cat one time said, man out that telling all them old last jokes. Well, now Cat old, and now I guess what. You can only talk about your existence in comedy, and Kat is mastering that part of his life now at you know, talking about his mistakes and run ins. And I really really enjoyed this brother's comedy about his age, about aging and getting older because Adele Givens did it at the Death Jam twenty five year reunion. Adele Givens went out there, man, and her routine at Death Jam was so dope.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 8: It was all about getting older, and everybody in the audience who was watching Deaf Jam twenty five years ago who are now older, could relate to everything she was saying, because your comedy has to be relatable to your life and your world now. And that's when comedy becomes very real because every good joke is ninety five percent truth. Five percent we add color to it, but a good ass joke is ninety to ninety five percent truth. Like I did a joke about it was a news story that came out about SeaWorld, and I wrote a joke about SeaWorld and it was current news event, but it.
Speaker 4: Was it was the truth.
Speaker 8: Well, you couldn't get mad at me, but I just gave you what the whale was thinking that day when he came to work. And the whole joke I wrote was the whale's attitude when he came to work. It was just one of them days. You know how they hold a little fish up and you jump and you get the fish. This was the day the whale didn't want to do that, and he didn't he wanted motive.
Speaker 1: We know the story.
Speaker 4: We'll want to see it though.
Speaker 8: That's why I can't do stand up right now because of moments like that, because the climate has changed now. And I'm just giving you an example of how a joke should be ninety percent real and who I've enjoyed telling jokes. That's all I wanted to say. Y'all, have a great day. For the next joke. I give your purpose though.
Speaker 9: It's coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, and heir to the Rmez fortune plans to leave his eleven billion dollar fortune through his former gardner. We'll talk about that right after this.
Speaker 4: What to Margine.
Speaker 9: You're listening hard morning show. All right, guys, this story is wild right here. Eighty year old Nicholas Puek is the Ermez family heir that has shocked his entire family. He announced that he has plans to adopt his fifty one year old former gardener and handyman and lead his eleven billion dollar fortune along with five point nine million dollars of properties worth of properties to his former gardener. Puek is the grandson of the Ermez founder and he owns five point seven percent of the company, but he fell out with his wealthy family over ten years ago over a business decision that he did.
Speaker 11: Not agree with.
Speaker 9: Puek is single, he has no children, and he considers his gardener, whose identity has been withheld, to be like family to him. The gardener reportedly is from a modest Moroccan family and he has a Spanish wife and two children. If Puek goes through with the adoption, the gardener and his family will inherit eleven billion that's billion with a B dollars and have several homes valued it almost six million dollars. So it's good to be a garden.
Speaker 8: I'm not going to say this is true or not, but the prayer for his death is right after that. You can believe that that God whoa any day now?
Speaker 1: Can you adopt an adult? Can you adopt you?
Speaker 9: I think you can.
Speaker 8: White people, they billionaires called white people do anything. Carl Lackerfell left his entire state to his cat.
Speaker 1: I've heard of that, but I think can you adopt an adult?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I believe you can.
Speaker 4: I think ye, wow, because like right now I want to be his boy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you want to adopt.
Speaker 3: Hey daddy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: And if you really want to leave the money to somebody, ought to leave it to Mardorie. I don't know what the helly give this little damn garden the focus Marjorie and made a heavy contribution to your ass. And I think you should give some of it to Marjorie. Adopt some dam to get you a daughter too.
Speaker 9: Okay is now the third largest publicly listed company in France, with an estimated value of two hundred million or two hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 4: He gets five percent.
Speaker 1: Money right there?
Speaker 4: Billion yard at four billion?
Speaker 9: Can you imagine his gardener, what his gardener is thinking?
Speaker 4: And I used to cut yards.
Speaker 9: See good to be the gardener.
Speaker 4: Cut the wrong Yeah, get over there and go and give me them heads cut its. See if I can get in on some of this here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and miss miss some plant consume ps.
Speaker 4: How can I help you today? Stephone?
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm your new garden and stephone or something happened to the one you had adopted.
Speaker 4: So I am here to take his place. Yeah with me? Oh, I don't know what happened to him one day, I see him the next day.
Speaker 9: I don't coming up. In thirty four minutes after the hour, we'll play. One has to go right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 11: Morning show.
Speaker 9: All right, it's time to play. One has to go, all right, lying, cussing, sex. One has to go.
Speaker 4: Lex, ain't going over, fine, ain't going line. Well, I'm gonna take cussing out. Yeah, cuss you got a poor cussing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm allowed without cussing.
Speaker 4: But I'm behind and Lynn stayed up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, wow, okay, I agree?
Speaker 9: You all agree?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: I female?
Speaker 9: One has to go, wife, kids, side piece.
Speaker 4: Side excuse me?
Speaker 9: More delayed? What is what taking so long to answer this?
Speaker 11: This should be easy, I say it, side piece, I'm done.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 4: Someone with some sense. Yeah, I can't answer that because I ain't got no side piece.
Speaker 1: That's your answer that.
Speaker 9: We're just playing the game.
Speaker 8: Ain't no damn game, y'all ain't playing while we all of thes on the show.
Speaker 3: I played the last one.
Speaker 4: You got quiet as hell when you said that, I.
Speaker 9: Think about that one wife piece, wife kids, side piece. Seems like you would just automatically say side pe.
Speaker 3: I still don't.
Speaker 9: That's when we're way lima. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't say, man, I ain't do that. I just said side.
Speaker 9: Piece, and you're actually we'll do it.
Speaker 4: We'll do it right behind doing some p Let's just do the game.
Speaker 9: Come on, you're so convincing, all right, one has to go Shaka Shaka Khan. Whitney aresa, Oh.
Speaker 4: Geez, it ain't with me. I'm down to two. I'm I'm gonna say, I'm gonna sayri I know that's crazy.
Speaker 9: Joking Detroit by.
Speaker 4: I had to pick Yola short ass is stupid.
Speaker 6: And then.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, you ass said, aha, you need to quick playing.
Speaker 4: Here's some people man that pull their car over.
Speaker 1: What all of them in Detroit to.
Speaker 5: I'm sure I'm being an Ian word for seconds.
Speaker 11: Right from right here on the show.
Speaker 2: In your defense, Tommy, that's a very hard one because kids singing allegends.
Speaker 4: She's a legend, but she voice for me has given me so much joy. Though. Which one got a ghost? All right?
Speaker 9: The next one?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 4: We have more out of respect. I'll just say we Shaka had to go yeah, respect, all right, And I don't even mean that.
Speaker 9: One has to go the o Jays, Earth Wind and Fire, the Temptation.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 4: One has to go okay, One more.
Speaker 9: O Jays, Earth in the Fire. I'm just gonna tell you again, Detroit, who has given.
Speaker 8: Me the most joy in my damn whole life, this Earth Wind and Fire. No group has ever meant more to me.
Speaker 4: They can't go okay, and that's the one got to go for me.
Speaker 8: LeVert is one of the greatest lead male tenners.
Speaker 5: I've ever heard. Cannot let the Old Jays go. They mean too much to me. They from Cleveland, Rabbit ass Man now thought.
Speaker 1: David cornt.
Speaker 9: Temple my imagination. All right, hard one, all right? Coming up next the nephew with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 5: I said, earth Win and five got to go out of them, three, the Temptations and the Old Day.
Speaker 9: All right, frank phone call coming up next, ass is out the family. You're listening Hard Morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is he can laugh but I can't. We'll get into that find out what that's all about in just a few because right now it is time for the nephew and today's prank phone call. What you got for his nest I got.
Speaker 3: It for sure.
Speaker 5: But let's get back to this attitude that he got with me, that I don't understand that that this is your uncle. Yeah, because we had, we had to get rid of one.
Speaker 8: It was a temptation, the old Jays at earth Wind and five, and your stupid ass picked earth Wind and five.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: I'm an old fan and I'm a temptation fan. Now, yeah, your ass is out the family. Now kick him out the family. Get rid of old James. How you getting rid of old Jay's and they from cleved How you do that? Dog?
Speaker 8: I didn't get rid of old James. I kept the old Jays. I kept the Old Jay's fire. I didn't like getting rid of the temptation. That hurt me because they got way too damn hits. But I can't die, do levertinill mean too much to me? But I'll be damned from a city of n And let you blasphemous and say get rid of that. Nobody getting rid of It's the damn game.
Speaker 5: The game over, game game over, this real life somebody. We're talking about the Timptate, We talking about Hitsville. You got rid of the temptations, my girl? Ain't nobody come to see you?
Speaker 9: Otis were talking about their own movie.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll be the tradition Winding Earth winning fire. Got no damn movie?
Speaker 1: Oh man, a lie?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: A temptational group running around here? What what they Broadway?
Speaker 5: They still live on? Is what I'm saying. Ain't nobody took no time to say? Wow, we shall ask you a question. Let me tell you, sus, you don't think it's important. Would you rather be living on or living?
Speaker 4: Hello? You don't think it's important cause the option is clear.
Speaker 5: I'd rather be living damn living on. I don't want to be a block. Now I can see a movie on the O.
Speaker 9: J Now I can see that. What's the prank, Mesthew?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is this is what you need to do, Joe, raggedy ass, go this man, because I ain't on your side with this.
Speaker 5: Three sixteen, Apartment three sixteen, Apartment three sixteen, And that's what you need to read.
Speaker 4: Three sixteen. Let's go catch up.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach deal. Yeah, this is deal. Hey Dale, how you doing? Man? My name is Bond. Dude you live in to make sure I got the right dude, Man, you live in Court right apartments? Yeah, I live going on, okay, you live in an apartment of three sixteen right, yeah, it is something I need to be worried. I was going on with my no, no, no, everything cool with your apartment. Man, I got your number from the lady at the at the least in office regarding say, wasn't I what's it? What's it in regards to well, Actually, what's going to happen is I'm fina move to Court and what I wanted to do? You know, uh see me in every apartment I've always had. I've always lived in apartment three sixteen, and I know you in three sixteen, so they you know, the girl at the office gave me you know, because I don't want to move nowhere else where. I can't be in room three sixteen. I gotta be you know. It's just real superstitious, I know, but I kind of got to have part hold on. You say your name Vonn Yeah, yeah, I'm going right and who gave you my number?
Speaker 14: Again?
Speaker 6: One of the ladies at the least in office when I was over there. Who was it? I can't really remember her name? Man, Uh little well, listen cut to I'm gonna tell you like this, man, don't call me for nothing like that. Man.
Speaker 15: Now, I ain't moving out of my apartment. Man, I've been staying there for four years. When I move out of the apartment, I move in the house. You understand all this that going with.
Speaker 14: Your which is which? Whatever it is?
Speaker 6: You three sixteen? You one three two?
Speaker 14: That's on you, man, It.
Speaker 6: Ain't I got to stay in three sixteen. Man, see that, That's what I'm trying to say. I don't sign the least, so I'm stuck with it. I got to get that apartment, so I said, I try to tell you, would you like to which? Which other apartment would you like to move to? And I go on to get them to move your stuff all.
Speaker 15: The time over than nothing ain't nothing moving on.
Speaker 14: Thing A gonna move the numbers.
Speaker 6: You can add them up, divide them.
Speaker 14: Do whatever you want to them.
Speaker 6: But I ain't moving.
Speaker 14: So you're gonna get that to your head.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 15: And really, I'm because I don't know, gave you my number was like this.
Speaker 14: I mean, work is called me because I don't even know no vun no, no, you don't know me, DoD.
Speaker 6: I asked them who was in three sixteen.
Speaker 14: They told me it ain't none of your business going three sixteen.
Speaker 6: Man, Hey, listen, man, I'm trying to do this as respectful as possible. You know, like I said, I really can't function unless I'm living.
Speaker 14: In apartment disrespect me, then do it disrespect for them, because I'm gonna show you do this.
Speaker 6: You called me with like this.
Speaker 14: I don't get a favorite now, I don't care if there was your favorite scripture.
Speaker 6: Okay, he call me with like that. Man, Now you're gonna make this hard, okay, So let me let me tell you this to you. And I already told the lady I want to be in three sixteen. She told me I needed to deal with Dell. Now I'm trying to deal with you in a polite way, okay, because like I say, I can't function, man, unless I'm in apartment three sixteen, I can't. I can't even get them go to work. I cannot function. Okay, I have to have that apartment number, dude.
Speaker 15: Right, So it sounds like you've got a problem on your hands, man, And whatever your problem is, that's your.
Speaker 14: Problem, ain't got to do with me.
Speaker 6: Colling. You know like that, Like I say, I've.
Speaker 14: Been staying in three sixteen.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna stay in three sixteen till I moved to a house.
Speaker 14: You need to find something else to do. And really I'm stopping. They gave you my numbers to.
Speaker 6: Call me with. Is I can't believe it's like the way you're talking to you talking to me like what you come at me with?
Speaker 14: Come at me with a number that looks like you man three sixteen.
Speaker 6: What excuse me though, but you're like you called me with this.
Speaker 15: I tell you what, man, come at me to come at my problem that you gonna see it?
Speaker 14: Man, you understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Hey man, I'm trying to handle this respectably. Man, Okay, all right, I'm trying to do.
Speaker 3: Listen to me.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to tell you, Hones, the dog. I cannot function outside of them three numbers. I have to live in an apartment three sixteen.
Speaker 14: That ain't my business.
Speaker 6: Man, Yoh, I don't want to have to come move your but I do. Hold on.
Speaker 14: What's running back?
Speaker 6: What you say I said, I don't want to have to move.
Speaker 3: YO said that.
Speaker 15: Now let me what You're gonna come move my I want hey, matter of fact, come yes.
Speaker 14: Come on, come move three sixteen, three sixteen I had are for you.
Speaker 15: Come on, man, come on, come move my man, Come on, two ten.
Speaker 14: Silents, come on, move yet all kind of going on the world with numbers. They got three under sixty five days? Deal with this. I mean it works. You want I'm on my nine to five and you come at you bout three sixteen. I'm gonna move somebody.
Speaker 6: That's all I got to say.
Speaker 14: Man, it's gonna be you before I before I deal with you.
Speaker 15: Tho, I'm gonna get the least and off for even giving you my number all day.
Speaker 6: Hey man, I'm just trying to tell you I have to stay under them numbers. Man, I have to. I'm superstitious like that. I know, I know everybody ain't like that, but I just happen to be like that.
Speaker 15: You know, say, nobody ain't like that. Man, I ain't got time to be dealing.
Speaker 14: Really, everybody ain't got time to sit up listen like this.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 14: You let tell him Christian Man.
Speaker 15: Other than I've been out this job. Looking what a part the numbers did they give you?
Speaker 6: They gave me like three twenty nine or something like that. I don't. I can't stay there, man, That's why.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna meet you at Man Meet Dead three twenty nine, six o'clock tonight. How about them numbers?
Speaker 6: Okay? Okay? So how about these numbers right here? A seven seven twenty nine? Steve? What it means? A seven seven twenty nine? Stee eight seven seven twenty nine? See you ain't never heard that number before? Yeah? What's it's fun for me? That's the number to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Because this is nephew Tommy and you just got pranked by your coworker, Linda.
Speaker 14: I mean make that it's it's sounds crazy as hell. I believe this for us, So admit Rowling.
Speaker 15: Got me about to take off and go to the Lisa off and College right now?
Speaker 14: Who you say got me enough?
Speaker 6: Yo? Ain't you got a coworker named Linda? Linda?
Speaker 14: Aint us about members coming from Linda?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 15: I wonder lets you take it so long she puts it on? Man?
Speaker 14: God, I ain't going though, man.
Speaker 6: Hey, Dale, I got one more thing ask you, man, you at work for real, ain't you? Yeah? Hey man, what's the bad radio show in the land? Man?
Speaker 14: Steve brother Morning Show.
Speaker 6: All right, man, get back to work. Man, you're phone off the hook over there? All right now, you have it, Thank you, Thank you?
Speaker 4: What would you what would you rather have?
Speaker 6: Go to?
Speaker 4: Pranks or every winning.
Speaker 16: Five Strawberry Letter Coming up next is he can laugh, but I can't.
Speaker 9: We'll get into that right after this earth winning fine got no movie. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for the Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice and relationships, work, sex, parenting and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter too SEARVEFM dot com by clicking on sibmit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 4: It could be yours. Bugle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here. It is the Strawberry Let.
Speaker 9: Up, thank you. A few subjects He can laugh but I can't. Dear Stephen Shirley, my husband and I have been married for eight years and we have three children under age six that means I'm always tired and trying to get a nap whenever I can. If I happen to be in the bed lying down or on the couch lying down, my husband thinks it's a perfect time for him to ask for sex. Although I might be very tired at the moment, I will always give him a quickie so he won't feel neglected. I don't want to be so tired that I make him go seek intimacy from another woman. Last week, I was so tired that I fell asleep a couple of times during intimacy, and my husband did not stop. That was the most inconsiderate thing he's ever done to me. I ignored him for two days until he gave me a proper apology. Right after that, he was out back talking to his friend on the phone, and I heard him cackling like an old hen. He told his friend that the love making is getting more terrible than it has ever been, and that I expect him to do all of the work. Whatever his friend said back to him, he started laughing and could not stop. He kept on agreeing with him and saying, that's exactly how bad our sex is. So since he thought having sex with me was so funny. I planned a romantic evening for us, and after we got out of the bubble bath, we moved to the bedroom. As soon as he touched me, I giggled. He asked if I was okay, but I ignored him. Midway through sex, I was laughing so loudly that he stopped. I told him he's not what he used to be either, but I put up with him. He got so offended and said that he would not tolerate the disrespect because he knows he's a king at pleasing women. Now he's mad, so he can laugh but I can't. Yeah, that's exactly what he thinks. That's what he's doing. All you did was give him a taste of his very own medicine, and of course he hated it. When he was talking to his friend, not once did he consider your feelings, that you may hear him or anything. It was okay for him, but not for you.
Speaker 3: That's not what he.
Speaker 9: Should have been telling his friend about that part of your marriage anyway. That's why they call it intimacy. Okay, it's not his friend's business. What goes on in your bedroom that is between you and your husband.
Speaker 11: Period.
Speaker 9: Now his fragile ego is bruised and he's mad, and it's a good time I think now to talk to him and let him know how you feel. And when you're tired from the kids and he wants sex, and when he complains to his friend, tell him all about that. Maybe you know, if he helps you more with the kids, maybe you wouldn't.
Speaker 11: Be so tired.
Speaker 9: Tell him all of it. So if there's a possibility of you guys working it out, you can steve.
Speaker 8: Okay, first of all, before I get started, I like Shirley's answer, so I'm not mad at that at all. I think it has some valid points to it, and I can understand where she's coming from, because she did make a good point about Look, dude, if you help out a little bit, might be.
Speaker 4: A little bit more property. But I think the letter of he can laugh, but I can't.
Speaker 8: I don't even really think that's what this letter is about, because the damaging part of this letter is all in the top. It ain't at the bottom until he made this one stupid statement at the bottom that just threw me completely. This woman, they have three children. They been married eight years. They got three kids, all under the age of six. She been pregnant the whole time. You've been married eight years. You got three kids, all of them under the age of six. After two years, this woman being pregnant half the time. If you do the math on it, right, I mean, that's been a lot, and having children is hard, and having children is like, oh, it's a phenomenal thing that women are able to do.
Speaker 4: So she says she's always tired. I can believe that. I really can't.
Speaker 8: She's trying to get a nap whenever she can. Three kids under six. Now here's a problem.
Speaker 5: If I happen to be in the bed lying down or on the couch lying down, my husband thinks it's the perfect time for him to ask for sex.
Speaker 8: Well, let me give you the male point of view on that. You know what your husband is thinking, Well, you are just laying there.
Speaker 5: You ain't doing nothing, which is what she needs to do, be able to lay there and do nothing, because when she's awake and them kids are awake, she busy.
Speaker 4: But no, no, no, mister selfish, you just laying here.
Speaker 5: And then you said, although I might be very tired at the moment, I will always give him a quickie.
Speaker 8: So he won't feel neglected. I don't want to be so tired that I making go seek intimacy from another woman.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's awfully considerate of you. Now it's too bad he don't give you the same consideration. I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it. Well, damn dog, Okay, so I got it. So now you're a very considerate person.
Speaker 4: He isn't.
Speaker 8: So Then last week she said she was so tired that she fell asleep a couple of times during intimacy and my husband did not stop. Well, now we got a problem here. You mean I ain't doing nothing worth a damn where you can just go to sleep while I while I'm working, And you fell asleep a couple of times doing intimacy and he didn't stop. Damn, that was the most inconsidered thing he's ever done to me. I knowed him for a couple of days until he gave me a proper apology. That's that's crazy. I don't think this dude is all that spectacular bed now. I know later on he gonna say that, and I'll point that out. But you you ain't going to sleep while I'm indio working.
Speaker 9: That's all all right, hang on, Steve, we'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry letter subject he can laugh but I can't. We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 11: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 9: All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is he can laugh but I can't.
Speaker 8: Well, this woman has these children, right, and she has three children, all in the age six. He's been married to a guy eight years and she's always tied from the kids. And so she's down on the sofa of the bed. Her husband thinks that's a perfect time to ask for sex. She accommodates him even though she's tired, because she don't want him to go seeking intimacy from another woman. And then she'll so she'll give him a quickie so he don't feel neglected. She's very considerate. And so anyway, last week she said she was so tired that she fell asleep a couple of times during intimacy, and my husband did not stop. Damn dog, while y'all was be an intimate she fell asleep twice.
Speaker 4: What was you doing?
Speaker 5: Dog?
Speaker 4: I'm telling you right now, bro, you ain't the cook in the kitchen.
Speaker 8: You thought you were cause she's sleep So then he didn't stop, and then she said, that's the most inconsiderate thing he's ever done to me. So I ignored him for a couple of days till he gave me a proper apology. Right after that, he was out in the backyard talking to one of his friends on the phone, and you heard him laughing and joking to his friend on the phone. He told his friend that the love making is getting more terrible than it's ever been, and that I expect him to do all the work.
Speaker 4: This is what your husband is saying.
Speaker 8: Whatever his friend said back to him, he started laughing and couldn't stop. He kept on agreeing with him and saying, that's exactly how bad our sex is. Wait a minute, man, I didn't know. Excuse me, I've been a man a long time. I didn't know that men did that. I really didn't.
Speaker 5: I personally have never had a conversation with any of my friends about their wife and their sex life.
Speaker 4: Not a one.
Speaker 8: I've never been in a group of men and we're talking and one man artist talking about his sex life with his wife, his girl that's a whole nother thing.
Speaker 4: Some chick over there. Yeh, that that.
Speaker 8: But I've never heard a man discuss him and his wife's sex life to another man.
Speaker 4: I've never heard it. Obviously it happens, but I've never heard it. This must be a young.
Speaker 8: Couple, because in the old school book of things that that's it's just not how we do it.
Speaker 4: A group of me and friends and I get together.
Speaker 8: We all went to college together, we together once a year, and we are as cool as cool can be. We've never had that discussion amongst each other ever, and we were close, so I didn't know you could do that. But anyway, let's get down to this letter. Whatever the friend said back, he laughed. He couldn't stop it. He kept agreeing with him, saying, that's exactly how bad the sex is. So since he thought having sex with me was so funny, I planned this romantic evening. We get out the bubbo bath, were in there having dinner. We go to the bedroom, and as soon as he touched me, I giggled, so he asked if I was okay, but I ignored him. Midway through sex, I was laughing so loudly that he stopped okay, so she giving him a taste of his own medicine. I told him he's not what he used to be either, but I put up with him. He got so offended and he said he would not tolerate the disrespect.
Speaker 5: Now this is the next line I couldn't believe came out his mouth. He said, because he's no, he knows he's the king at pleasing women.
Speaker 4: But he was mad. He was mad.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you told that to your wife, said, dumb, dumb, I'm the king of pleasing women.
Speaker 4: You said that to your wife. Now that gives me a time to point out something.
Speaker 8: If you you're the king of pleasing women, what happened when doing intimacy? A couple of times your wife fell asleep while the king of pleasure was in the handling his business.
Speaker 4: Ain't king. I got news for you.
Speaker 8: You ain't who you think you are. Dog, she will sleep twice. You said you're the king at pleasing women. The one you got went to sleep twice while you was in there at work. Now you ain't the king of pleasing women. You ain't even depressed. You're the court gesture. Yeah you yeah, you you you're a quelud dog.
Speaker 4: That's what you are.
Speaker 8: You're a nice little kualude. Now he's mad, so he can laugh, but I can't. I can't believe your husband said that it's too bad. He'll get over it, he'll go he don't tolerate the disrespect Well, you see me sleep and you keep on badgering me.
Speaker 4: That's disrespectful too.
Speaker 8: If y'all don't sit down and have a conversation real soon, y'all had it for some for an ugly part of your marriage. And that's the real deal. Y'all need to sit down and have his talk. Sureley was one hundre percent correct. You need to tell him how he feels, how you feel sometime about him not allowing you to give it rest, and then y'all can have instead of a bunch of little, short or remorseful quickies, you can have some actual real times if you plan it a little bit better, and then both of y'all could be happy. But he's self centered and selfish because he wanted when he wanted, and quit giving it to him, because you ain't gonna do nothing but go to sleep right now, because you're king a pleasure. Ain't a king a pleasure no more.
Speaker 4: He ain't taking on today's letter kp he LP Little Pleasure.
Speaker 9: On Instagram at Steve Barvey FM and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 4: Going to sleep on me, I know.
Speaker 9: That coming up next to his Junior and Sports Talk right after this.
Speaker 11: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 9: It is time now for junior and sports talk. What you got junior?
Speaker 10: Well, let's just say congratulations the Tiger Woods son Charlie as they won their high school.
Speaker 1: State golf championship at fourteen. Uh, you know why we even shot?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Charlie fourteen man one is as a freshman won state championship.
Speaker 4: That's a bad boy.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 8: If you say, yes, aw man, if I had his game right now, you beat everybody I play with. If I had this golf game, if I hit any of any.
Speaker 4: Of my shots like he hit him right, should walk like his daddy? Stay? Yeah, he got what is the goat?
Speaker 14: So?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Michael Jordan got some sons too. So what're were talking? They don't stand like that? Yeah, I guess cast that your daddy right now, don't that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I tell you what CAUs that's your daddy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Well, let's go ahead and tell you this master p son Mercy Miller. He's in high school, man, saying you six eight. He has scored sixty eight points in the high school, setting the record for his son, I mean for his school, sixty eight.
Speaker 1: Drop sixty eight.
Speaker 4: All pease boys can play. Romeo can play too.
Speaker 9: Yeah wow.
Speaker 4: And he's going to the university game.
Speaker 10: Remember he played for the Charlotte Hornets. Remember that, Remember that big deal. Everybody says University of Houston. Man committed to the University of Houston. Yeah coos, Yeah, like we needed we need him. He's boy, this boy here, he got the NBA future.
Speaker 4: I have to tell you that.
Speaker 10: Also, uck man, you know they're speaking of basketball that the Lakers won the nd season Tournament and you ain't heard about that up but they won over the weekend and they playing on hanging a banner for the nd season tournament. Now you think this is not a I don't even know what that is, man, It's just a tournament in the middle of the season. That's all they want it in Vegas, go ahead and carl But do.
Speaker 2: You guys think the tournament? The tournament made the game more exciting.
Speaker 4: This early made it more confusing.
Speaker 10: It was confusing confusing, very confusing because I.
Speaker 1: Thought my husband watching it and I was like, maybe it's interesting.
Speaker 4: Well it's better than baseball.
Speaker 10: So baseball is over right, Okay, it's it's it's the first one. And the Lakers wanted they're gonna hang a banner.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 10: Everybody saying like this ain't the NBA Championship is just the nd season tournament. Just take the money because everybody got five hundred thousand a piece. Just take your five hundred found five.
Speaker 4: Hundred thousand a piece for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of money, yeah, on top of the salary.
Speaker 9: Yeah, on top of it, on top of it.
Speaker 10: So you know, congratulation to the Lakers for the nd season tournament wins.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Junior.
Speaker 9: The NBA Championship coming up at the tongue of the hour. Can an outside child break up a marriage if it happened before they got married. That's the question somebody wants to wants you to answer, Steve, and we'll get into that right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. This is from CJ and Lansing. Steve CJ says, my wife joined a group that supports after school programs for children. She told me that there's a little boy at one of the schools and he looks just like me, he walks like me, and his initials are CJ, but his last name is Jeffreys. My heart jumped into my throat because there's a good chance that I have a son or a daughter out there that I don't know about. I was a wild boy before I joined the military, and when I left, I didn't keep up in touch with I didn't keep in touch with anyone. I told my wife to see if she can find out information on the mother of the boy, and she got mad, as if I had admitted he was my son. How can she get upset with me if it might have happened before I met her? How do I handle this?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 4: What did you tell your wife to find out information on the mother? What's wrong with you? You're stupid?
Speaker 9: But he did it?
Speaker 8: Dog, You could have did that on your own if you were curious. You don't drag your wife into that. Now your wife going, wait a minute, there's a possibility that this is your boy.
Speaker 3: I was just playing dog.
Speaker 4: Dog.
Speaker 8: That ain't the brightest thing you could do to ask your wife get some information on the mother.
Speaker 4: Because it could be a pun But dog, you know how many kids look like me?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 4: But I'll see him all time?
Speaker 9: And what do you say?
Speaker 3: Not one on?
Speaker 4: What I'm gonna say? It ain't mine? Hey, little boy? What's your mama name? What city your mama living?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: He shouldn't do that?
Speaker 9: How should he handle it?
Speaker 4: What should he do?
Speaker 9: I mean he's done. You know what he should?
Speaker 8: He'd have done it now. It's nothing you can do now, Bro? Can she get mad? She's already mad?
Speaker 4: What do you mean? Can she get mad? She's mad?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: Can that break up your relationship?
Speaker 11: Bro?
Speaker 5: He should have researched that on your damn own. Find out who the little boy was. Get some information. Man, you stupid man with the military and didn't learn a damn thing come back.
Speaker 9: Home, so you have no advice for what he should do now.
Speaker 8: That he should have stayed in the military. Man, Listen, bro, I don't know what you dog. You didn't admit it to something. You ain't dead, damn though, you're stupid on a baby? Got another one, Shirley, you huh?
Speaker 9: Hero man? Okay, you can't help c J. All right, all right, we do have time for another one. This is from Lexi and Orlando. Lexi says, my dad is close friends with my ex boyfriend, and I don't like that at all, so I've been avoiding my dad. My dad came by to talk to me about the situation, and my new boyfriend jumped into the mix and told my dad that he needs to get some friends his own age. They got into an argument, and now my dad hates my boyfriend. Why is my dad all up in my business? Did my boyfriend handle this correctly?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, your boyfriend should have stayed out of that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that should have been between you and your dad, and your dad should have came over here and made him in. You gotta distance yourself. You can't do that, man. You gotta respect your daughter, and so you got to distance yourself. But the boyfriend, man, you need to get some friends your own age.
Speaker 4: What hold up? Dog?
Speaker 6: Dog?
Speaker 8: Let me tell you something, man, young boy would have a real problem with me. Would you talking to me about anything about me or my daughter? You ain't putting no ring on it. You ain't marry nobody. Man, Why are you talking to me?
Speaker 5: Joe punk ass Man, I ain't never had that happen to me, and I've had everything go down.
Speaker 8: But you're not finna be the boyfriend. Fitna have no damn conversation with me. You can't be their husband and talk to me crazy.
Speaker 4: And you know I respect you. You know I go over their house and everything. They they rules. You know, I be with you.
Speaker 8: I'm in another man house, son in law, obay his rule. But you're not finna talk to me crazy, no damn kind of way.
Speaker 9: Yeah, all right, coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Right after this.
Speaker 11: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 9: All right, So, guys, we want to congratulate a Chicago teenager. Her name is Dorothy Jane Tillman. She's just earned a PhD from ARIA two. Dorothy Jane Tillman, No one, yes, Yes, she's seventeen. She's seventeen years old. She had a pH store. Yes, all right, name. Did you know she was named after someone in her family? Anyway, she had a PhD Steve from Arizona State University. Like I said, she's seventeen. Miss Tillman completed and defended her dissertation for the Integrated Behavioral Health Program and she will march in the May commencement program at Arizona State. Hillman holds a bachelor's degree and double master's degrees. According to to Chicago News seven, miss Tillman is less concerned with her credentials on paper and more interested in inspiring other kids and teens to dream big. And that's something you better go.
Speaker 4: Ahead on, little girl with your smart self, missus.
Speaker 11: Dorothy Jean.
Speaker 4: Smart is a gift. Yeah, smart is a gift.
Speaker 9: Come on, black girl, imagine.
Speaker 5: Go down and change your name. Though you can't go change your name if that girl ain't gotten to be daughter the rest of her.
Speaker 9: Life named after something yourself, Baby DJ.
Speaker 4: Dorothy Jean, whoever she named after, she ain't here no more. Dot is still kind of old, but Dotty is real.
Speaker 9: Old Doddy Jane Tillman.
Speaker 1: That's all right.
Speaker 9: Coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play around it. Would you rather right after this you're listening.
Speaker 11: Morning show and it's.
Speaker 9: Time now for a round? Would you rather? Would you rather New Year's Eve in Las Vegas? Or would you rather New Year's Eve in Times Square in New York?
Speaker 11: Which one?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 4: Vegas? Lost Vegas. I've been to the ball Drop in New York. I'm hosted New Year's E three times. No way Lost Vegas. I've been to New Year's Even on Las Vegas cold.
Speaker 8: All right, it's superl It's the most unreasonable thing you've ever seen.
Speaker 4: Man, that parade, that ball drop? No suh no suh? That all right?
Speaker 9: Would you rather snowball fight with your spouse or would you rather.
Speaker 11: A pillow fight with your spouse?
Speaker 10: I got to have a pillow fight, That's what I got to have, period with a snowball. It could be you know we're going to the hospital aft right after that?
Speaker 4: Oh no, Cleland, I put it on.
Speaker 2: I know how.
Speaker 4: You staying me with that next my mouth? You have no idea how many rocks I done had the middle of my snowball?
Speaker 9: H all right? Would you rather have extended family over for Christmas? Or would you just rather FaceTime them? Be you're not having a family over.
Speaker 4: They don't know when to lead on, man, They just I'm so glad. Well you get this tree in here?
Speaker 9: Oh too many questions?
Speaker 4: What you're doing with two trees?
Speaker 1: Oh must be nice?
Speaker 8: You like everybody light beal in here? Look at all these bathrooms. You know how much money he's spending on tarlet tissue. No, I had a relative say that. One really say that. All these bathrooms, how much they probably spending on Tallert tissue? Lady Tallert, chisu at least about concern.
Speaker 4: That ain't the be on. I'm talking about it in my house, that damn toilet tissue. All right, y'all, dog stay in the house. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 9: Would you rather Christmas bonuses for your staff? Or would you rather do a Christmas pot lug dinner?
Speaker 6: Come on?
Speaker 4: Hm hmmm, well, I mean I'd rather give y'all money.
Speaker 9: Hell, we'll get to give it. Let's got a merry Christmas?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: Say? Come on, be ready?
Speaker 4: You don't want no pot luck?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: No, she's scared.
Speaker 9: Scared?
Speaker 4: What Shirley go bro? They'bo wanna take that chance? Right here?
Speaker 8: Monica can cook, calling can cook? Shut dog, I got don't watch what her I got.
Speaker 4: I got. I gotta watch what her pot look like. Make sure what if.
Speaker 1: It's the crock pot?
Speaker 4: I all right, that's it's the red crock pot. All right.
Speaker 9: That's today's round of would you rather? Coming up next? It is our last break of the day, and we'll close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey right after this.
Speaker 11: You're listening Hary Morning Show.
Speaker 9: All right, guys, here we are last break of the day on this Wednesday, and earlier we played around of one has to Go and we had a couple left over.
Speaker 1: Steve.
Speaker 9: One was oh and you and Tommy of course got into it with one has to Go with the Ojay's earth Wind and Fire and the temptations. Tommy said that put him out the family.
Speaker 4: He didn't done that.
Speaker 8: A hard day out to family right now? Oh my damn game, Yes, ma'am. Certain days we don't lie in this family.
Speaker 9: All right, All right, here we go, uh Stanford and Son, good times, Jeffersons. One has to go.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you can't do that, what Jeff George?
Speaker 9: You're taking George out.
Speaker 4: Getting Samford and Son? Right, yeah, but as soon as we make some money you get rid of it. Thought by moving that up, no hesitation, good time, James.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have to go with the Jeffersons.
Speaker 4: I would yeah.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 9: So to me, which one then?
Speaker 11: Which one?
Speaker 4: I'm torn?
Speaker 5: I'm not getting rid of Red Fox, that's for sure. He's definitely not going, okay, and so good.
Speaker 1: Time rid of Evans family. God is that what I'm here.
Speaker 5: Now, I can't go to Chicago, and that every answer you give is one which one, Oh say good times?
Speaker 1: He said, why did you give it a good time?
Speaker 4: Was he a fool? I told you he ain't in the family.
Speaker 9: Told yeah, one hands to go gat banned may God comodoes the commodore's.
Speaker 13: Rd man, I take oh, father God, Charlie U already Beverly and Richie.
Speaker 4: You can't keep running in out on my line.
Speaker 1: But they are not going.
Speaker 4: So what she and May?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 4: What did you say?
Speaker 1: It's gotta be made now you can't go to Philly.
Speaker 4: It's gotta be made. You're stupid black.
Speaker 6: And what.
Speaker 4: You have to understamn nephew.
Speaker 6: For me.
Speaker 8: Man, I don't know how finish Sade is here because sail on down to not maybe just a food this stream he comed.
Speaker 4: Once twice, three times a lady. They got so many days a way we can let him go.
Speaker 9: That's brickhouse break out.
Speaker 4: Pree is what.
Speaker 9: One has, all right, one has to go?
Speaker 4: Which one is a big dog? Yeah, man, you feel man? He is not giving us one?
Speaker 3: Uh uh Man, I have to.
Speaker 9: Gat man, maids, you don't have to sing all the songs.
Speaker 4: We are.
Speaker 9: All right, we're moving on.
Speaker 4: I let you have to let you come.
Speaker 1: We can't say it like you mean it.
Speaker 4: You're letting the comic go.
Speaker 9: Wow, all right, come on, here we go.
Speaker 4: I can't let Mais go.
Speaker 9: It means too much to you. All right, one has to go. New edition Josy boys.
Speaker 3: Joys to Me?
Speaker 9: New addition, Joaesy Boys to Men.
Speaker 4: New addition did you hooray?
Speaker 3: Ever?
Speaker 4: New addition after they added Johnny.
Speaker 8: Ain't going No damn well, okay, hold your hoop, hold your dead man.
Speaker 1: It's gonna have to be boys to me and Jos can't go now boys, Yeah.
Speaker 4: You're stupid, ball ahead. You surprised your ass. Jos Did you say to me? What did you say? Get rid of boys and men?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I said, I'm surprised your ass right now. You ain't having the crisis right now.
Speaker 8: I'm just surprised if I don't walking because I know you little brother right down to throw.
Speaker 4: My ass into a crisis right now. I'm surprised. It's seeing to be balling up right now. I'll be the last time I like this game. We get to man, I take Jody's ass out of there so fast. You audition? What boys to me? And do you know the hits? Boys to me?
Speaker 8: And God, I'm going with jokes all tall. Y'all have a nice day. We'll be back tomorrow. These two ignorant ass people out one got to go Steve Harvey Junior or Timer, And that'll be the question tomorrow.
Speaker 4: We'll be back.
Speaker 5: Who got to go tomorrow? I'll tell you right now, it ain't gonna beat me.
Speaker 4: We'll be back tomorrow. Y'all have a great day.
Speaker 9: For all Steve Harvey contacts. No purchase necessary, void we're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit STEVEHARVEYFM dot com.
Speaker 11: You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.