Speaker 1: Every year.
Speaker 2: It tops the list for many people as their favorite Christmas movie. Talking about Home Alone.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's great.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if you saw this, but there's a video on TikTok that's got over six million views of a guy breaking down the cost of groceries back in nineteen ninety versus today.
Speaker 4: Oh, when Kevin goes grocery shopping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was that famous scene if you remember, where Kevin goes to the grocery store and buys himself a bunch of items for the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's getting stuff.
Speaker 2: Like tied detergent, orange juice, wonderbread, saran wrap, a TV dinner and then he throws down a bag of toy soldiers.
Speaker 1: At the very end.
Speaker 3: That's the lady's like, how do you have all this? Where do you live? And he's like, I'm not going to tell you. You're a stranger. Yeah. She's smart, kids smart. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And in the movie, his entire hall comes to a grand total of nineteen dollars in eighty three cents.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's all it costed that movie. If he pays with a twenty dollars bill.
Speaker 4: One thing of laundry detergent costs.
Speaker 3: I think tids costs more.
Speaker 2: And so in the TikTok they go out and find the exact same items at the store today and minus the TV dinner because that brand from the movie's been discontinued. Yeah, so they just added five bucks for that. But the grand total of Kevin's grocery trip, if it was purchased today, would come out to be seven hundred dollars even Oh no, sorry, seventy bucks. There's still a lot of money, almost four times close to two hundred and fifty percent inflation on supplies in.
Speaker 4: Like what twenty five years or something. How old is this movie?
Speaker 3: Thirty three years thirty three years ago?
Speaker 2: Kevin would have about to search for more loose change around the house if he was left alone there this year.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this movie came out before Alexis was born.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said, it's an old movie. That's weird. Breaks me out.
Speaker 2: I guess, I don't know if that gives us something to be appreciative for this year or not appreciative.
Speaker 4: You know what, though, even if he was buying it now, Kevin's family could afford that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'd be like, can I just fidget Spinner.
Speaker 1: I don't feel bad for him.
Speaker 2: Now let's throw it over to our favorite child star, the McCaulay Culkin of Radio, our own digital Jake.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Jake.
Speaker 3: It's getting close to Christmas, and while it should be a very joyous, exciting time, it's actually kind of stressful. And I don't mean for families getting gifts or organizing travel. I mean stressful for me trying to come up with different holiday themed trivia questions. We've covered Christmas movies, Christmas songs, Christmas sayings, even Connor the frat boy reindeer. It feels like we've done it all.
Speaker 4: We all know that Connor was the one bullying Rudolph.
Speaker 3: Right questionindeer drinking games. So I know this is going to be unpopular in the middle of December. But we're moving on to Valentine's Day's ski. Yeah, it's a special day honoring Saint Valentine. And what was Saint Valentine's favorite holiday? Christmas? So we're back for another Christmas scraping the bottom of the Barrel edition of Story and a Half Seconds with alexis very valid Christmas? All right, Brook, you're first? Okay, your category is Christmas wishes and holiday kisses Alexis or against Alexis.
Speaker 1: What kind of category is that?
Speaker 4: I mean the thing with wishes, Like everyone has a different Christmas wish.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when you go to Mal Santa you can get both. Oh, you just gotta pay a little bit extra.
Speaker 4: I think since you brought that up, I mean Alexis loves a hot sugar daddy wishless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sanda not.
Speaker 4: I mean he is that right, He is the sugar daddy all of us. Yeah, so I'm going to say.
Speaker 3: She gets it right, Brooks betting on Alexis. Here's your question. There's a tradition where there's a certain plant that hangs from the ceiling and if you're under it, you're supposed to kiss the person next to you. That plant is called missletoe. Please please let me The plant is called mistletoe. Okay, may have never occurred to you to reach up and snack on it. But is it safe to eat? What? I don't think it's safe to eat. No, it's like a tree.
Speaker 1: Plants are safety.
Speaker 3: I'll forget that. It's not safe to consuming. Mistletoe is poisonous, and European missiletoe is more toxic. Much on the Brook bet on Alexis, and she got it right. He's the person that had to figure that out. Rat boy radio one of his fingers. Rick is safe for moving on to Jeffrey. Yeah, Jeff, your category is this Yule Tide is lit?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Maybe this is sort of like a gen Z type of Christmas question if it's going to be lit or.
Speaker 4: It's just about Christmas lights for some reason or fire?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the yule log?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can you eat the mule log? Is it safe to consume?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go back to my old classic and say, unfortunately, she's not going to get old reliable.
Speaker 3: Jeff's betting against Alexis. Here's your question, Alexis. There's a tradition whose origins are a bit unclear, but in general, if you spot a specific green fruit ornament hanging in your Christmas tree, if you're the first person to spot it, you get an extra gift. What kind of fruit is it?
Speaker 4: Pickle?
Speaker 3: Digital Jake's house, It is a pickle, and the tradition traces back to Germany, where someone hides it in the tree.
Speaker 4: Oh, my kids have been practicing fighting the pickle for weeks. They keep hiding it from each other to train for Christmas morning.
Speaker 3: Wow, Jeffy invites me to find the pickle once a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Christmas pickle, jeff.
Speaker 3: You bet against Alexis. She got it right, So you're getting shocked learned.
Speaker 2: I don't even know Christmas pickles were a thing.
Speaker 3: I'll gift you a pickle. We're onto you. Your category is why be clause? I said, so.
Speaker 4: Beclause?
Speaker 3: Be clause.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming it's about santy or Missy's clause.
Speaker 1: Or white clause.
Speaker 4: Oh, I was thinking of kitty claws the same like a little cat.
Speaker 2: Ooh man, Well, I think Alexis knows and loves all those things, so I'm gonna say.
Speaker 4: She gets she does love claus.
Speaker 3: Jose's betting on Alexis. There's another popular Christmas tradition where everybody gets a certain type of fruit placed inside their stocking. The person with the biggest fruit has to eat it right there before they can open any of their presents. Is like getting iced, but with free. What kind of fruit is it? Oh, maybe we're going.
Speaker 4: To save shape.
Speaker 3: It's a banana.
Speaker 1: Why is Christmas so perverted?
Speaker 3: It was not banana, it was an orange. The tradition goes back hundreds of years, and it's supposed to reflect the generosity of Saint Nicholas.
Speaker 4: Oh, we used to always get an orange in our stocking, but I think it was because good old Saint Nick just wanted to fill it up.
Speaker 3: So after all that, Jeffrey's getting shocked, jose is getting shocked. And that was three and a half seconds with Alexi.
Speaker 2: All right, well it came back to bite me and Jose so we're going to get shocked while singing, have yourself a merry little Christmas. All right, have yourself marry little Christmas.
Speaker 1: Let your heart be love.
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 4: You guys should go Caroline together.
Speaker 2: I love it, just you it, Chap whatever, that's your shot collar question of the day.
Speaker 1: We got your Phonesap coming up in just a few minutes.