Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Royal Caribbee Trend Cruise Line. The ninth cruise sounds like sounds kind of biblical if they if they had cruises during biblical time. I'm Jack and I'm Jack. I think Brian can I he correct me if I'm wrong, But I think that's the first time I've gotten my name wrong in the while introducing the show. My name is Jack and I'm thrilled to be joined by super producer Becca Rubber.
Speaker 2: It's been so long since I've done.
Speaker 1: The truck, so wonderful to have you. And as always when you do trends, you you're standing. I mean people can't see this, but you are standing on TikTok Corner right now.
Speaker 2: I have built a platform and it says TikTok.
Speaker 1: Corner and I'm got sunglasses and you're just like kind of asking people as they come by, who's this guy? This guy, What's what's the deal? What's going on over here? And one of the things that is bubbling on TikTok Corner is the nine month cruise from Royal Caribbean Cruise Line.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is so insane that a people embark on this and are not fearful. I know, I know there are people on this in our our TDZ community that are fans of cruising. It's not me. It'll never be me, you know. I remember Miles very distinctly being like I could fuck with a cruise, though, oh yeah, like I will never. You will not catch me on a cruise, you know what I'm saying. So imagine a nine month cruise, you know, like like we haven't dealt with the fact that like cruises can be incubators, you know, like COVID nineteen running rampant on cruises, cruises sinking, you know, the shit flying on these cruises. You know, there have been multiple cruising incidents in the past few years, and people want to embark on a nine month cruise.
Speaker 1: Nine months is enough time to just state a whole ass baby. So literally you could get pregnant on the first day of the cruise and to give birth when you get to court. Yeah, that's wild. Uh, it's what what it just like goes everywhere. It's like the ulta is the final word in luxury?
Speaker 2: Is that what we're Yes, it's giving Titanic, you know, it's like this grand tour of the world. Basically, you're gonna hit all seven I like almost said the wrong amount of continents, Like I didn't have a college degree.
Speaker 1: I actually can't currently produce the correct number of continents.
Speaker 2: To be honest with, you hit all the continents. You're supposed to hit all the continents. You don't get off at Antarctica, but you're supposed to like wave hello at Antarctica. But you're supposed to get off at all the continents and spend like ample time in each of these places. I'm assuming like a month or two because it's nine months, so you're gonna spend like six weeks maybe per continent. I don't remember all the details, but they like fly you to Miami and they have this whole like welcome party in Miami and you get to do like these really fun restaurant things that have a gala. They make it a whole event, like you're part of this club to be on this cruise for nine months, which I guess I get it. You're gonna be with the same people like a small boat. I mean it's a big boat, but like a small community.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get nine months. Yeah, you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: A little village you're you're shipping around for nine months.
Speaker 1: With here's my pitch. Yeah, make it more expensive and then make this.
Speaker 2: A sixty k make it.
Speaker 1: Away for like the ultra wealthy and also the children of the ultra wealthy to just take themselves out of circulation for nine months, yes, and allow the world to get better. Maybe maybe like we create an Internet bubble on the cruise so they think that they know what's going on and that they're interacting with the world. Yeah, but it's actually like they're completely cut off from the world, like it when they're true show. Yeah, more Truman show show. They don't realize that nobody can actually hear or see what they're posting or like their calls. We just like, you know, do some AI stuff so that they're like, I'm going to put this on TikTok and we're just like, yay, we like your TikTok content. Rich person's son.
Speaker 2: You don't realize the same on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just getting all and then we just put all the wealthy out to see for nine months. And then when they come back, we have launched the revolution and they're like, oh wow, but it's too late for you.
Speaker 2: This should have been in our twenty twenty four predictions.
Speaker 1: That's I mean, we just recorded our twenty twenty four predictions. Uh, I'm not predicting it. I am manifesting it right now. That's going to yeah, yeah stage.
Speaker 2: The Royal Caribbean becomes the elite cruise line for all the rich and we ship them off for nine months yea on the craziest cruise.
Speaker 1: Probably you need to create a new name for the cruise line. That is like makes them think that it's like even more yeah, super excluded, like it's something only for them. Anyways, some of the things that we're trending Idahoans, we got to come up with a new name for you guys. First of all, Idahoans lined up for eight hours of their first crack at in and out Burger is crazy.
Speaker 2: That is I I'm sorry. It's a fast food burger. At the end of the days, it's a fast food burger. It costs under ten dollars.
Speaker 1: It misunderstands. This is what happens with in and out all the time. The point of in and out is it is convenient and cheap. Like that's what is going in and out? Going in, You're going out and you're not paying that much. If you're going in expecting it to be the best thing you've ever had, it's not gonna work out for you. The thing that is good about it is that it's the best thing you've ever had at that price.
Speaker 2: Ag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's for like two Like it's pretty cheap, and that's what's good. So like treating it like it's a fucking you know, Taylor Swift concert, you know, is going to leave you disappointed, I would imagine.
Speaker 2: But maybe this it's like what have we come to? And maybe I also have the privilege of growing up I mean privilege and also like there's something wrong with Texas of a fast food plethrap right, Like I grew up probably the heart of fast food in my square mile. I can get to Popeye's, what a Burger, McDonald's, sonic Uh, in and Out, and Chick fil A within five minutes of my house.
Speaker 1: I didn't even realize that I have it in and out in Texas.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they have. They have it in and out in Texas.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I mean not okay, I.
Speaker 2: Guess I should not say in and out. For Houston, the in and out's a little far from me in Houston, but it's in Austin. It was in Waco, my college town. Yeah, like I had access and the in and out when it opened in Waco was not seven eight hours, but it was like a big deal, like I remember, But that's nothing. There's also on the same strip as the in and out, a Whaterburger subway, Papa John's, Jimmy Johns, Jersey, Mike.
Speaker 1: You are flexing on people right now, you know, You're like, it's.
Speaker 2: The fast food, it's plethora. I can't imagine waiting more than thirty minutes for anything in fast food time.
Speaker 1: That's what you can't do. Yeah, that is nine months in fast food time. Waiting eight hours is the equivalent of nine months in fast food time. Yeah, you could have just like to drive it home. You could have in the time that you were waiting in an idling car, you could have flown to California. I gotten in and out and flowing.
Speaker 2: Yes, you literally could have. Like how long is the flight from Idaho to California.
Speaker 1: It's not that not that far. That's one.
Speaker 2: It's if you're going to northern California, right, it should be like right there, a hop skip and a.
Speaker 1: Hop, skip and one jump. So anyways, I don't know, but maybe, well we'll see how people feel. Maybe like this is the sort of thing that people go nuts for, is like, did you see how fucking long the lines are? It's gotta be a success.
Speaker 2: I want to hear from Idahoan did you wait in the line? Did you go? And how was it? Because I just want to know if you were disappointed at the end of those eight hours.
Speaker 1: And I actually don't want to hear from you. I just you know, try harder. I'm tired now. Yeah, maybe maybe it was worth it, maybe like something about waiting eight hours for a meal. God, I would be so hungry by the time that I got to the front that I would be like ready to harm someone.
Speaker 2: Exactly as a angry person. I don't think I could have done it.
Speaker 1: To bring a snack to a fast food. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back, and we're back and Sports Illustrated. We talked about, I think a few weeks back they got busted by futurism dot com, which is a website that I'm a I'm a fan of now because they are paying attention. They seem to be written by real humans, and they noticed that Sports Illustrated, famed legendary uh you know journalistic institution, was not written by humans anymore. They had bylines from people who had no history writing any sort of journalism. So they asked Sports Illustrated parent company, the Arena Group, for comments, and all the generated authors disappeared from the website and all their contented But it's just again interesting to look at the inoffensive, just pablem that they're producing, that they're using AI technology. This is the bio of Drew or Tees, who one of the writers from Sports Illustrated that didn't exist. Drew has spent much of his life outdoors and is excited to guide you through his never ending list of the best products to keep you from falling to the perils of nature. Nowadays, there is rarely a weekend that goes by where Drew isn't out camping, hiking, or just back on his parents farm. Just yeah, it's just like if a marketing company like people spend money on outdoor shit. So like if a marketing company could invent a person, this is what they would do it.
Speaker 2: Like when they do the the audience brand deep I guess as someone who used to work in marketing. They used to have like little like this is who we're talking to. His name is Jim.
Speaker 1: Jim Marketers love to do that where they're like, yeah, yes, he's one and a half kid, and the half one is like in a lot of pain and just screaming kill me.
Speaker 2: He spends this much on nutri green bars a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I mean they just like did a very basic look and it was like that, and also the AI like posts the stuff that they were writing. So this is used across the company's entire content library. They own a bunch of websites and like there's one I just want to read this like summary from the article of this other like what one of their financial websites. Uh. It starts with the sweeping libertarian claim that your financial status translates to your value in society. But then the article is just like this, like vague people with strong financial status are revered and given special advantages everywhere around the world. Improve your financial status using these five tips. So it's just like complete bullshit, says nothing means nothing. And then the list, which includes headers such as educate yourself, set and achieve goals use your time wisely. Shut up. But each entry, each one of those is numbered number one, So number one educate yourself. Number one set and achieve goals, and of course number one use your time wisely. So I don't know. So anyways, this was revealed a couple weeks ago. The article was published a couple of weeks ago, and since Nsports Illustrators had to fire a bunch of people, and recently, I think a couple of days ago, they fired their CEO and replaced them with the interim CEO, who is the founder and CEO of Innovations Ventures, known for creating the five hour Energy drink. So like, even the moves of like who they hired feel like they were written by fucking AI. Yeah, well, of course, and we like energy and therefore we were hiring the founder of five Hour Energy to run Sports Illustrated.
Speaker 2: You know, famously someone who definitely works in copy. I can run an editorial venture.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ. So anyways, keep it an eye on that. But it really, like the thing that's surprising and interesting to me about this is that it feels like everybody is doing this when you go and read, like I was talking about how like one of the ap year and review articles. When you like read the headers or like the subheads of like some of the sections, it just reads like it is written by AI. I think that the use of AI is like way more widespread. So it's interesting to me that they got fired, like they had to like clean house over this, because it feels like this is happening everywhere, Like it's all just like bland inoffensive bullshit, and we're like, I don't know, we'll be keeping an eye on it, but like it's so much of like Wall Street value, like a lot of the stock market growth is like based on the promise of AI, and when people get caught using AI, they get fired. I'm like there's a contradiction there that they want.
Speaker 2: To make more money be using AI, but then they realize and they use shitty AI is and also that that takes away maybe so their job at the end of the day, and they're like, oh, okay, well this is getting a little too close. I'm putting my feet to the fire. Yeah, I don't lose my job.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then so something that was trending earlier today is that the there's a new Beverly Hills cop movie coming Beverly Hills cop AXILF colon AXILF. It is coming in I think, or like coming this summer, and it's only coming out on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 1: It's so ouch that like, oh, man, like that would be I would think that would be a big event film. But I mean, I guess it's just that I'm old and who gives a shit? But like that seems to be the trend in movies like coming in twenty twenty four. So I was just looking back through these are all like it's movies that you had assumed most of the people involved are retired, like Gladiator two Yeah, is coming like which sounds bad on its surface, but it's still directed by Ridley Scott, who like is incapable. He makes bad movies very frequently now, but they're always entertaining. Like he is screaming to us, are you not entertained? Uh? And I'm screaming back, you're bad, but like, yes, I'm entertained. Man, you got me. But this one's got fucking Denzel Washington. Yeah. That that's Has Denzel ever been in a sequel? I guess the Equalizer films, Yeah, Blake, he's not a sequel guy. Really? Another one twisters. Uh, so they're doing the Alien Aliens thing. No news whether they did the thing where they that James Cameron did for pitching the Alien sequel where he just wrote alien on a whiteboard and then wrote an S after and then turned the S into a dollar sign. Uh, but I hope they did. Uh. Beetlejuice too, sure.
Speaker 2: You know, equal to like the O G beetlejuice?
Speaker 1: Is there another No, that's a beetle just too. I'm tired. Mufassa coland the Lion King. Yeah, they're gonna let Godfather to this ship, which like that's what they like, the origin story of Mufasa and then also the story of like Simba trying to be a parent to his offspring. So it's it's just and then there's of course, like more Ghostbusters with the original cast Bad Boys four. So I don't like, I feel like everyone was like, you know, uh, okay, well what we the lesson we learned twenty twenty three is people like original ip or like they like originally you know, they're like Barbie, they like Super Mario Brothers. Won you know what? And instead of kind of learning that lesson, they're just like, no, we're gonna go back to doing sequels to even older movies that you did.
Speaker 2: Do you think what is I obviously don't know how movies are run so famously, you know, I don't work in movies, but I'm an expert, So go ahead and ask it cheaper to be produced. Seeing these movies with older ip as, they were having a downturn write in theory in twenty twenty three because of the strikes. So they're like, oh shit, we didn't make as much money as we normally would in like box office and like whatever, because like all the actors and writers thought they deserved fair wages, which they did, and so now they're like, all right, well, we had a downturn year in twenty twenty three, we got to play safe. In twenty twenty four. We know these types of things will bring us money because like who doesn't love a sel, you know, even though we know, as like people who consume media, we don't want a sequel, but they're so focused on like it has to be a sequel. Yeah, that's guaranteed dollars versus like.
Speaker 1: New ventures could be for sure, And I think it probably also fewer of the people who would say no are still around too, so now you know. But I'm sure like most of these were in the works before the strike would be My guess.
Speaker 2: Is this Joker going to be the new Joker with the guy from Saltburn?
Speaker 1: Know? This is going to be Joker with Joaquin Phoenix, Oscar Winning Joker plus Lady Gaga.
Speaker 2: A lady, Oh, this is Lady Go Joker.
Speaker 1: Lady Gaga's Joker. It's a music hall folly. Dude, do you excited?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm sold. I'm in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But the I mean there's a bunch more sequels coming out, uh, Sonic three, Bad Boys four, Rebel Moon Part two, The Scargiver. I don't because everyone remembers part one.
Speaker 2: I don't know what part one is.
Speaker 1: Despicable me for like just a lot of a lot of movies where I couldn't tell you what number we're on, Like Kung Fu Panda. If I asked you what which Kung Fu Panda we were on?
Speaker 2: Nope, I can't believe we're on number four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're on four. Inside Out is getting a sequel because Pixar was like, we gotta start making movies people want to come see again. So that's happening. Lord of the Rings. They're making a Lord of the Rings animated. I just feel like we've reached peak Lord of the Rings now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I listened to Nicole Byer's uh Newcomers podcast. There is so much Lord of the Yes out there to reach all of it.
Speaker 1: No, they're not even close. All right, Well, Beck Ramos, thank you so much for joining us. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: You can find me and follow me at B, E, C, C. S. Ramos at all platforms. I was like, oh my god, is there a dot in there? There's not, and I haven't done this in a while. Also, this is a little tee, but my dog has an instagram. If you want Cuta's little mini longhorn, longhorn, long haired docs in.
Speaker 1: Your dog a long horn is a longhorn.
Speaker 2: She is chicha c h I c h a dot l a dot.
Speaker 1: So teacha diga find her all right? And that is going to do it for us. On this Thursday, December fourteenth, we are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye,