Speaker 1: Welcome to Guys We.
Speaker 2: Find the Anti Slutshamings podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm Christina Hutchinson. I'm Karen Fifer and I'm so friends. Bring us to sludy, your horny and your shame.
Speaker 2: Hey you as what? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Greetings fuckers. How you doing where you've been? Make sure you get hydrated. Welcome to another episode of Guys We Fucked. It's the anti slut chaming podcast. I'm Karen Fisher, I'm Christina Hutchinson. Welcome to the show. You got a problem you?
Speaker 1: What emails about us is sorry about last.
Speaker 2: Night's show at gmail dot com. Today's subject line the thirty year old virgin parentheses mail. Hey, Kurt and Christina, I've been listening to y'all from the beginning of this year. I really appreciate what you guys do, and I absolutely love the pod. I do apologize in advance. This may be a long email, but I tried to cut out as much extraneous detail as possible. I'm a thirty year old male and I'm a complete virgin.
Speaker 1: No mouth stuff is he means by complete?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or like over the pants?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I love mouth stuff.
Speaker 2: I have a fairly decent upbringing, I've had a fairly decent upbringing, but nearly for nearly twenty five years, I was part of a conservative Eastern slash spiritual, low key cult, not a bunker type cult. My family came into the cult pretty early on in my childhood, and its shaped who I am as a person. It gave me a sense of self and gave me purpose. Oh that's great to come out of a cult like that.
Speaker 1: Cults always have a long to do list. No, that's that's nice. I respect that about cults.
Speaker 2: A few years ago I had come to deal with some facts regarding the cults, and that made me question everything. Beginning of last year, I became engaged as part of an arranged marriage orchestrated by the cult leader.
Speaker 1: Okay, see that's where the cults go wrong.
Speaker 2: That's not a good cult now, But I thankfully got the balls to break it off end of the last year and I've fully exited myself from the cultult tree. I'm glad we don't have to help you get out of the cult, and you already did that yourself.
Speaker 1: That's right, was like, okay, that's that was the hard work.
Speaker 2: Since then, I've been going to a lot of therapy, trying to better my mental physical health and fine purpose in life w IP work in progress for you, and cultural pressure and my own low self esteem. I have never gotten the chance to be intimate with women, even the person I was engaged to. I haven't even kissed anyone yet. Okay, so yes, you're a corrector, you are a complete version. I haven't kissed anyone yet. Can you imagine kissing a thirty year old who has never kissed? That sounds awesome, Okay.
Speaker 4: Because it's like, how romantic I'm teaching you how to kiss in my thirty Oh, that's that's pedophilic. A pedophile for fucking dating people in their mid twenties.
Speaker 2: It's pedophilic in terms of the experience level. But that's not pedophilic. Really, they're just like, imagine how bad they're.
Speaker 5: Not pedophilic in like like in practice.
Speaker 2: Obviously, it's not that I'm just a child. It's the teaching aspect of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've just never taught a guy anything.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you have unknowingly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they wouldn't admit it, though, maybe, Yeah, I will say I'm super grateful I didn't turn out to be an inceel or some red pill bro because podcasts like Guys We Fucked allowed me to vicariously understand relationships, women, intimacy, et cetera.
Speaker 1: So thank you guys for the service.
Speaker 2: And thank god a cult leader didn't find you listening to this, because you would have probably been a choky or something. Yeah, the freaking chokey. Oh the trench bull gonna get you. I do want to start casually dating women my age are older.
Speaker 1: Even this guy literally never dated before. He's like, let's keep a casual, just dive right in.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry. You can dive into a cult, but you can't commit to a woman given dating. God, you literally were in a cult.
Speaker 2: Let's keep a cash having one night stance, hookups, et cetera. Oh oh, you're such a broke kidd Oh basically catch up on all this things I missed in life. Oh yeah, I get it, get that d wet, Get that d wet, boy, get that d wet.
Speaker 1: But my lack of.
Speaker 2: Experience would be abundantly clear, and there's no easy way to explain how I could be a version at this ripe old age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you have a cool story.
Speaker 2: Do you understand you have something that sets you apart from most straight guys, an interesting background, and you can use that to your advantage by when the time is right to share that with a woman. Don't do it on date one. Don't trauma dump. That's called trauma dumping. Wait until you get to know her. But like, what a cool kind of sexy story.
Speaker 1: Oh this is so hot.
Speaker 2: Like one of my favorite first dates was a guy had me feel his back and I was it was like really bumpy, and he was like, yeah, that's shrapnel that's in my flesh from when I served in the Israeli Army.
Speaker 1: And I was like, well, this is a success. God, damn this too. Thanks for telling me. Thanks for telling me that. Oh jeez, that's fun.
Speaker 2: It's definitely too heavy a top to bring up on a first date, correct, But second we're good and I don't want a trauma dump up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love you, but I feel it should be addressed at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll say he's just not talking to you one night and then you're like, what is it. It's like, I'm sorry, I was thinking about that time that I was in a cult for twenty five years. Fuck with that. So I guess my question is what should I do? How should I explain my lack of experience? Should I not say anything? I don't want to creep women out with my weird background?
Speaker 1: No love shit, Like, are you kidding me? Rich's story? Baby? Let me show you how to love? Yeah, dude.
Speaker 2: Also, you need to look up so just for an example, like you know how like women love to write letters to guys in prison. Look up this story of Damian Eccles okay and the West Memphis three. Okay, this guy literally was in prison for child's murder and fucking he didn't do it, but that's why he was convicted, you know, convicted of and he was on death row. And someone a woman lur now ecchos. She just said, I don't want to be an architect anymore. I want to get this guy out of prison, and then committed the rest of her life to it. Okay, So this is the story that women will give up their career and architecture for.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're you're golden. Yeah, and you're not drowning, you're not even in jail. You're not even in jail.
Speaker 2: You're not even fun to go on a podcast and be a guest and then wait, watch your DM's flood honestly, yeah, or give us your handle and we'll promo it.
Speaker 1: But I also feel I wouldn't be able to hide something so obvious. Correct, that's a big part of you. Should I hire a sex worker and get it over with? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I would appreciate your advice on my precarious situation much love your fan from Canada.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's necessary, no, because that story is a pussy weather. The story is a pussywater.
Speaker 2: Because it's like, it's not like you didn't fuck because you're like a dork or you not that you're a dork if you didn't fuck with me a little bit, but like the reason why you didn't have sex is not because you couldn't, it's because you were in a cult. So I think like the sex worker is more like if you have like severe social anxiety or something like that, and it seems like you're just like inexperienced, and I think just a non pro will be absolutely more than enthusiastic to take your virginity. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, And I'm imagining I'm imagining going on a date with you and having a great time, and then the second date is when you drop that cult shit. And I can see myself being so impressed that you didn't drop it on the first date because the restraints.
Speaker 1: Good job.
Speaker 2: I like Christine is impressed when you just merely drop it on the second date. Yeah, I was thinking, start, okay, Yeah, see, I'm still a trauma dumper a little bit. But you have a good head on your shoulders in terms of like what's appropriate and inappropriate to kind of disclose. So I trust that you'll probably ace this date if you have chemistry with the woman, which is you know, hit or miss.
Speaker 1: If you don't, it's neither of your faults.
Speaker 2: But uh, yeah, I could see you're gonna be a hot modity on that dating scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just what I feel like.
Speaker 2: Also like for the because like the kissing to me is actually I'm more worried about the kiss than the sex because you've never kissed anyone, like literally, like watch some YouTube videos or something. I was making friend too, but then I was like, eh, it'll be so much more magical if it's someone he really has feelings for, Like you've gone this long without kissing, why don't you just treat yourself? I mean, I when I was a teenager fucking eleven. I will practice with my hand because that's kind of close to a mouth if you put it like a hampuppet. You literally can watch YouTube videos. There's so much you can learn on the internet now from from like kissing and like literally like like is there can we look if there's like a YouTube kissing tutorial and like not porn kissing, like actual kissing, because my I think if you have never kissed before, you're the two mistakes you're gonna most likely make is number one not opening your mouth enough and like hitting yea and not too much tongue or too is too much tongue, too much to don't do too much exactremely bad. My first kiss way too in the with my bad I was in ninth grade. My way too much tongue and then I was drooling in the woods. Right, Well, you had oh no, you had just gotten your braces off. No I have you gotcha? So you had bracist So that's difficult. I'm guessing this guy doesn't have braces. But slow, yeah, slow, but not so slow that it's scary because it's just a first kiss.
Speaker 1: It doesn't need to be like.
Speaker 2: If it's overly romantic the woman making up.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 2: That's true, like a medium level.
Speaker 1: It sounds harder than it is.
Speaker 2: A lot of times you can just follow someone's lead because like, you're gonna be kissing someone who, like I'm guessing, unless they were also magically in a cult, in which case it's kiss met you has already kissed before. Oh my god, there's someone who says had to practice kissing at home. We're literally looking up videos for you on YouTube, right, So if you do YouTube shorts, there's a lot of Oh, these are goal for all the types of Oh god, the fucking eskimo nos thing, that's dumb. Yeah, I didn't even think we were allowed to say eskimo anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh shoot, are we not? My apologies because right gun, you're.
Speaker 2: Talking about a specific you know person, right, okay, so the rubbing of the nose is my apologies. I just certainly don't want to fucking throw more bullshit of indigenous people than they already get. How to practice kissing techniques, kissing tips. See all right, all right, son, all right, I'm trying to kiss here.
Speaker 1: The last thing I want is Pepperoni pizza. No one out pizza is the hut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then and and also like feel confident, like make sure like if you go out to dinner and stuff, you're eating something that's easy on the digestive system. My favorite first seat is meal a sushi really hard to make a mess of it. It's not going to give you indigestion. It is fish, but doesn't make your mouth smell bad. So this woman recommends trying the kissing the frosting on a cupcake. The cupcake frosting is very similar to the mouth of your potential kissing.
Speaker 1: Who I could see that? Okay, yeah, because it's delicate, respect the integrity of the cupcakes frosting.
Speaker 2: Oh right, So okay, So what she's saying is you wouldn't like like eat a cupcake frosting with like the verocity of like the terrible type of tongue kissing we're talking about, right, So if you could kind of suavely lick a cupcake frosting, right, and you can't even watch like in morom comes like obviously like a lot of times they're not actually deep tongue kissing, but you can see you know how to hold the face, what to do, because that's another thing. It's just like where to put your hands. I love when a guy puts his hands on the side of your face.
Speaker 1: I kind of do I do that to men too. I hold face. I love holding putting your hand, Oh, putting your hand like right on their jaw.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I need to because I'm so short, I need something to balance myself up yourself right?
Speaker 6: Yeah? He up there?
Speaker 1: Hell up there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think first kiss does no tongue in the first kiss, right, definitely a tongue.
Speaker 1: Who's kissing at thirty without tongue? Really?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta that, you gotta kiss with. It's like, literally, if.
Speaker 2: Someone kissed me without tongue at this point, I would be like, are you.
Speaker 1: In a cult for twenty five years?
Speaker 5: Go on, okay, or do you think that as a man, you think that person's like trying to get away from you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't have to be an insane amount of tongue, but there needs.
Speaker 1: To be a little tongue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Yeah, I watch wrong comes and that's making this is making me want to kiss.
Speaker 1: And it makes you feels right. I love holding ahead and kissing it.
Speaker 5: It makes you feel me better. There are plenty of thirty year olds who also can't kiss. It's amazing, really absolutely.
Speaker 1: Oh, Mike chiming in with us some notes for the ladies.
Speaker 5: Every I'm not everyone, but I've definitely gone on dates and had like like first kisses with women where I've just been like, that was not good, that was bad?
Speaker 1: What were they doing? Can we have some notes?
Speaker 5: Some people either do like too much with the tongue, like some people don't open their mouths at all, just kind of again, which is kind of just like all right, Yeah, I feel like I'm like almost forcing myself.
Speaker 1: The only time I ever did that was when I didn't want the person to kiss me.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying, right, So it's like, but there's been times where I've done that.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want to kiss, I just have suck. I had to gross myself because that's like very true. No kissing, okay something there's something less gross about fucking someone than kissing someone.
Speaker 1: If you don't want to be there. I totally get it, and I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: That's why Julia robertson Pretty Woman the Roly rule is That's why. Yeah, exactly, sex workers a lot of times, do you know, kissing? Yeah, because it's so intimate and it's like mouth on mouth. Okay, sorry, Michael, tongue and tongue. We're doing some therapy over here.
Speaker 5: No, it's just that I think that a lot of the bad kisses that I've had with women around this my age now have been like like you, when you kiss somebody and their mouth is completely closed, you think that they're trying to get away from you. But the issue is when you go out again and then you kiss again and they do the same thing, like, oh, that's just.
Speaker 1: Your style, and you're kind of just like, yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 2: It's hard to master the art of a a good toned critique on a kiss. Yeah, right, but you just hope they start one one person starts following the other and like it because like the first time you.
Speaker 1: Get like you kiss, if it or the first couple of times, like if it's.
Speaker 2: Awkward and the teeth clink once or twice, that's normal because you're getting you're feeling out each other's like mouths, like people have different sized teeth. But like if you're constantly like hitting each other, yeah, you can't probably no clanking. This isn't This isn't a pottery store. Yeah, good luck and I'm happy. I'm excited for you. And yeah, definitely melt that story when it's time. Yeah, and like yeah, so in you know, in conclusion, we don't think you need to hire a sex worker. Not against it, I just don't think. I think it's like this just in your situation, like you could just have a like organic time.
Speaker 1: Yeah you don't have, like it would be more meaningful for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I would say if you have PTSD triggers with some sexual like you know, traumatic stuff, but you don't.
Speaker 1: So it's just the cult stuff.
Speaker 6: Yay, just the cult stuff.
Speaker 2: The ambulance come in to take me away and give you a kiss because the side you stopped my heart. That's from night at the Roxberry. Thank you, thank you so much. I was like, ooh, Career Romita, No, I love that movie.
Speaker 1: It's so funny.
Speaker 2: And come see us live you guys, New Brunswick, New Jersey, January fourth through sixth. I'm headlining the Stress Factory And as always, I have a Patreon where four times a month you can do a zoom with me and it's called group Share a Pee and we just say whatever is on our mind. And the audio of that gets uploaded every week to the Patreons. You kind of listen as a private therapeutic podcast starring you and me. Patreon dot com slash Christina Hutchinson is where you sign up and the voices in our heads are solo podcasts. It comes out every single Monday on Mikey Big Don Dicky Coscarelli's podcast network Slickback Studios. We're about ten episodes into the newest resurgence of the show, so listen wherever.
Speaker 1: You get you podcasts.
Speaker 2: And for me Iago Illinois, you can see me for four shows headlining Zany's Chicago. That's December fifteenth and sixteenth. I'll be there with my girl Chloe La Branch, who a lot of you know and love, and also Eric Freddie Chicago Superstar, will be hosting the shows. And then Oh New Year's Eve, New Year's Eve at New York Comedy Club East Village, six pm.
Speaker 1: That's December thirty first.
Speaker 2: If you don't know what New Year's Eve is, my morbid New Year's Eve returns. It was so oh my god, it was so fun last year. Christina Hutchinson will be there. Ryan Long has signed on and John Campanelli has signed on and we're continuing to add people to that lineup.
Speaker 1: It's very hard because.
Speaker 2: Everyone thinks something magical it's going to happen on New Year's Eve, but nothing magical will happen on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 1: So just get those tickets.
Speaker 2: The magical thing is going to be your joy experiencing the same up showy every year. I have to have a talk with myself that I have to book a show on New Year's because I always think the doors will open, glitter will come down, butterflies will fly in, and someone will be like, Krin, I've been waiting too long to tell you this. You have the love of my life and it's never happened and it never will happen. And so I just need to do a show, all right. I just need to do Kurn, Just do a.
Speaker 1: Show, Churin, it won't happen, attitude, do a show instead.
Speaker 2: Of manically texting Amelio Savone on December thirtieth being like, and.
Speaker 1: I know you have me to perform, can I actually perform? And he's so good to me. He always goes Kara. I've been waiting for this message. Oh that's nice. I've been waiting for this message.
Speaker 2: You crazy bitch, oh Amelia, And then all right, what else are we doing? Without a Country podcast?
Speaker 1: You can listen to it.
Speaker 2: It comes out Wednesday nights on YouTube and everywhere you listen to podcasts. Uh, We've been doing a lot of cool stuff on this podcast. Something I'm really proud of is like two weeks ago and I forgot to plug it on this show is there was this story that broke about a Alabama mayor, Mayor Bubba Copeland, and he unfortunately took his own life because of some things that were like he was some things were surfaced about him that were published in a local newspaper eighteen nineteen news that he didn't want to come out, and so a lot of left wing publications kind of blamed the reporter who broke this story, whose name is Craig Monger, with his untimely demise, and it seemed like very like black and white.
Speaker 1: And what I've learned from doing Without a Country is nothing is.
Speaker 2: Really that black and white, because it black, and like the gray area isn't enticing. It doesn't it doesn't get clicks, it doesn't sell news, right, so it has to be extremes extreme black, extreme white. So I started looking into the story a lot more, and I feel like there's a lot more to this story than meets the eye. Anyway, this reporter was getting vilified a lot, and so I spent a couple of weeks with the help of Mike Carrington, who is not this mic, that's a different mic. I know, it's confusing because both the producers are named Mike. And we finally got an interview and I sat down for an hour with this reporter, Craig Monger, and we had a really, really great conversation, and we have extremely different viewpoints about life socially politically, but we were able to have a really even killed conversation and I think it's a great watch. So please check that out on YouTube. It'll say interview with Craig Monger. Familiarize with yourself with the story, but it's a really quick read to just mayor Bubba Copeland story. It went pretty viral for a while, the Bubba Copeland story. And then I also, I don't know if you saw on TikTok, but Osama bin Laden's letter to America had gone viral a couple of weeks ago, and so I actually also read that in a recent episode and I think it's interesting because pieces of it were going viral, right, and it was kind of opening people's eyes or some people's eyes, who weren't, you know, of age during nine to eleven, that perhaps America did something to promote nine to eleven. And you can't even like mention Osama bin Lan's letter to America on Instagram. Now you will get like you'll get blocked. And it happened to me for a second, so I had to like get out of Instagram jail. But it was like, you know, people were worried it that was like radicalizing the youth. And I go, there's no way. If I read the entire article Letter to America, then I'm going to be on Osama bin Laden's side. And while he does make some great anti capitalistic points up to the top in the letter, overall, if you read that whole thing and you go, yeah, I'm on his side, please see a therapist because it's extremely like misogynistic, homophobic, all these things. Anyway, So we go through that whole thing, and it really reminds you how important it is to read the totality of something, not just make a decision based on an excerpt. So we talk about that really really interesting. I love that very much, and uh yeah, and that's it. And then also Washington, d C headlining DC Comedy Loft February twenty ninth through March second, So get those tickets via the link tree link.
Speaker 1: And all my bios. Cool man, check out your podcast without a Country. We're just laughing because we had a break in between the first part our composition. Chris. You know, it's like, let me handle the transition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, yeah, that's a crazy episode of Waco. Okay, so something but one of the coolest things in my life happened to me the other Oh yes, yes, yeah, And there is a point that I wanted to share that kind of related to two guys we fucked and about specifically women in the world, in the working world. So, as you know or may not know, I'm a big Beyonce fan. I just trimmed my Christmas tree yesterday. It has the angel is Beyonce on top of my tree. It's been like that five years. Got Beyonce tattoo see your shows like big, big, big fan. And I was very delighted to discover that I was feature. My face was featured for a good solid four seconds. It's a great shot at the first within the first fifteen minutes of the Renaissance Tour film, a film by Beyonce, and that really I mean I got the DM actually when I was sitting on this couch before we recorded, and I couldn't think straight.
Speaker 1: I was like this, there's no way. So I saw the I saw the film with Donna.
Speaker 2: We were in it the first fifteen minutes, in between her thinking her mother and her father, and I was like, damn, that's what placement.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 1: And Beyonce rarely does interviews.
Speaker 2: She had a documentary out on HBO, a docuseries kind of thing. It was like, it was very short, and then I remember trying to look that up because I used to watch it, you know, when it came out.
Speaker 1: Life is But a Dream I think it's called.
Speaker 2: But then HBO took it off, and I'm probably like, yeah, Beyonce probably made them take it off, and.
Speaker 1: I can see why, yeah, oh yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I think it was when I saw that I understood why she doesn't do interviews. Not anything negative against her, it just she has created an allure that when you do a human interview with this person, any piece of that no matter how impressive you are on the interview, it ruins the allure. Yes, but like a sit down interview for sure, for sure. But I loved that docuseries because I'm a big fan. And then yeah, they took it away. So in the film, in the Renaissance film, there's it's a mixture of the live show, a filmed version of her concert, which is incredible to four years to make, and there's a lot of behind the scenes. There's like little tiny storylines that pop up every couple of songs that she'll go into a facet of her life and how it translated during this tour. And it was so interesting because again we would just really hear from her in that way. But what really struck me, and this was in the other documentary that got taken down from HBO. This woman Beyonce's career has spanned twenty seven years. That's insane, Okay. The amount of reinventing herself that she has done is just incredible. Every time she puts out an album, or she does a tour, or she does like a thing like Beachella Coachella, she just fucking does something completely fresh and completely new.
Speaker 1: And then I'm always really impressed.
Speaker 2: By and to me, I have this kind of illusion that she works with the top people, which I'm sure she still does.
Speaker 1: But the thing that I was so kind of taken aback by.
Speaker 2: Was she had similar conversations with people that were behind the scenes in her tour that she had in this other documentary that we all have in our day to day, especially if you're creative professionally or if you just if you work on a team for anything. But she's there is a lot of moments in this dock where she's like, why do I have to repeat myself? I already told you this, This is not what we discussed. We discussed it, you said, okay, and now this isn't what it is like she had and she gets so frustrated, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Damn, Beyonce still gets frustrated.
Speaker 2: And there was a moment where she says, She's like, I think you know, a lot of it is the male dominated industry, but a lot of the people that are involved tech wise in my tour, she really makes an efforts to hire dancers and performers that are of all types of backgrounds, all sexualities, all all colors, all all everything, all body types.
Speaker 1: Like the way the house inclusive she is in her tour is beautiful.
Speaker 2: Because she does take the time to find someone great in all these underrepresented groups, and she finds a lot of people from Instagram. She's like, Yeah, your fucking dance moves were hot. I didn't need to see another thing after I saw that one. She just hired this one woman off this on the spot.
Speaker 1: That's incredible, incredible, and.
Speaker 2: It's it's she said, She's like, as a woman in my business, as a black woman in my business, I find that people still talk to me like they think I'm just gonna give up on what I'm demanding from them, like the creative bar that I'm demanding from everybody.
Speaker 1: They just think that I'm gonna let go.
Speaker 2: And then there's this great moment in the dock where she was like and then I see it in their eyes where this moment of years after years after going no, it has to be like this where I see it where they're like, this.
Speaker 1: Bitch won't give it up. Yeah, And so then they finally go, all right, fine, We'll do it your way.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, Beyonce has to deal with that and you have to wear people down, Yeah, wild Wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did not. I was surprised by that. I was very surprised by that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know everyone's phoning it in really so. But even when you work for Beyonce, yeah, because this wild maybe it doesn't mean they so much. They don't care. It's just another performer.
Speaker 2: That's you know, it's like for them, it's like they're getting star after star, like it's you know, just a job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you would see, like.
Speaker 2: The dancers, how passionate the dancers were, and her dancers on her tour.
Speaker 1: Sure, when we saw them live, I'm like, God damn it, these.
Speaker 2: Were incredible dancers and then you got a little bit of their backstory and it was great.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, if you're doing prior techics for Beyonce, what the fuck do what she says?
Speaker 2: I think it's different though, because it's like, you know, we live in this world where weere like where everyone has to wants to get credit for the thing they're doing, so right, like, it makes sense for dancers would work hard because we can see who they are with our eyes. We're never gonna know the guy who does unless you're like a super super fan, like like I follow the guy who does like stage design for the Spice Girls on Instagram, but like not a lot of like you know, that's like a mental illness that I have. So you know, we're never gonna see the face of the guy who does pyrotechnics for Beyonce most likely. And when they have like that ability to kind of distance themselves from their work, they go, oh, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't need to do it though, right that much? Yeah, yeah, I was just I was very surprised.
Speaker 2: And I always enjoy watching her specifically give constructive, very critical feedback to the creatives that she works with.
Speaker 1: I really what I am not.
Speaker 2: I have not been able to achieve that type of tone if I'm delivering a criticism, because there's this part it's and I think it's rooted in some it's self worth issue for sure, because when you feel comfortable giving people criticisms, it's it's okay, like it like when you have a bit of a self worth issue, you're like, it comes out wrong, it comes out too harsh. And so it's always been really yeah, really nice too to witness how she behaves in the tone that she takes when she gives people criticism because it's just I know, the word boss bitch gets thrown around a lot, but goddamn, I don't know many people at Victoria Beckham's like that, that's a boss bitch.
Speaker 1: She runs SHITTI she runs shit. People have no idea. She's so funny, but like.
Speaker 2: She has a she's a big business mogual, and Beyonce is a business mogul. Like that is a totally different.
Speaker 1: Level of being in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, Yeah, I mean, yeah, it makes sense that she would be continuously frustrated because I'm nowhere near Beyonce.
Speaker 1: But I basically I'm always disappointed in the product. It did remind me of you. I'm always disappointed in that.
Speaker 2: I know, as excited we have, you know, graphic designers and editors and all these people pretty much and whenever someone says, well, I'm really excited to show you what I worked on, like after we talked about them about our vision. I don't ever remember a time getting the product and being like, wow, this exceeded my standards. I don't think that's ever happened. Yeah, every now and then it'll meet meet the criteria that I was looking for. Most times I find it underwhelming. Yeah, it did remind me of you, like her, to her, I'm constantly disappointing, and she's not afraid to say it. Like you, if you're disappointed in something like you know you have to deliver that type of feedback. And it made me go, oh, okay, Like it's not a it's not a it's not a dark cloud over the project that you're disappointed in the outcome.
Speaker 1: It's just like, we haven't gotten there yet, you haven't delivered on this. I think quite the opposite.
Speaker 2: I think it shows how much you care about the product and the potential that you see in the product that you go, no, go back, because we can do this better, because I know that this has capable of figuring out. Yeah, this has the foundation to be something great, and we haven't gotten there yet, and why wouldn't we try?
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: I think it's actually oddly positive. I don't think it's pessimistic at all. I think it's pessimistic when you accept something that's mediocre, yeah, going, yeah, you're right, we can't do any better? Y, No, we fucking can. And it show and I think it also like it comes off a lot of times as like saying like I don't like, I don't. I'm disappointed in the people that work for me when I when I see it as I know, you're all capable of so much more, and you're selling you're selling the project short, you're selling me short, but you're also selling yourself short.
Speaker 1: Yes, I see it.
Speaker 2: That's what That's what it comes across. And even when people give me, you know, feedback like that, be like yeah, you know, like they go, oh, this isn't as good as I expect you from you. I go, you know what, Okay, Yeah, I see that, but let's try. I like, ooh, this is a fun puzzle piece. This is a fun challenge. Like, let's let's be the best that we possibly can. Yeah. Sure, She her and you are another example of a creative that's like this. And I'm sure like other like high I'm sure story Beckhams like this. You just won't don't take something that's not it yet, that's not it. We need to work harder, We need to like analyze this, we need to dig into this, we need to go back and do the complicated work of analyzing how this can be better. Well, I think about projects and like art, the way a lot of things that most people think about love, like right right when you know, you know it's for me.
Speaker 1: It's like true when I see I go, I know it, I go, I don't.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I've explained to you as much as I can explain to you in words, how I feel like this is supposed to be and then from there like I'll know it when I see it. Yeah, and then you know it's like a melody or you know. Ever every artist has that in them and at it. You know when you go, I can't really explain to you a ton edit, but if I sit here, I can feel out the beats of how this is supposed to be edited.
Speaker 1: We all have that totally, totally. Yeah. Just watch Renaissance Guys starring Beyonce.
Speaker 2: And Christina Hutch for seconds. It's a really good shot. It's really it's really it really delivered. It's crazy, it really delivered. You know who else delivered today's guest?
Speaker 6: Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was he was, he was him and he was so him. He is an actor.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary stand up comedian. You've probably heard his voice on so many cartoons that he's done voiceovers for, or all the many late night sets he has done.
Speaker 1: He has a been on COmON, He's been on That's Insane.
Speaker 2: And he has a YouTube special out that you can watch now for free called Domestic Shorthair.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the show Todd Berry. We are here with legendary stand up comedian Todd Berry.
Speaker 6: Oh thank you every time.
Speaker 1: He always uncomfortable, He always uncomfortable, Todd.
Speaker 6: Barry, I don't put that in their head. I'm smooth as silk. You figured it out the way my legs draped over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sneaker gene combo.
Speaker 6: Yeah fuck yeah.
Speaker 1: I was looking up facts on the internet about you.
Speaker 6: Uh oh shit, here we go.
Speaker 1: You're a Bronx boy.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I was born in the Bronx. You don't live there Till I was five. I can't say zero to five.
Speaker 1: That's not nothing.
Speaker 6: That's when I developed my edge, you know.
Speaker 1: And then where'd you go from there?
Speaker 6: Then I moved to upstate New York for three years for some reason. My dad wanted to move there, and my parents moved there, and then we all moved to Florida because my dad's company, oh relocated. So I lived in Florida for like fifteen.
Speaker 1: Real bad boy Orgy.
Speaker 6: It's interesting. So interesting?
Speaker 1: Are your parents? They did they like each other? They liked they had a good you had a good childhood?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they they bickered, but they didn't. There wasn't it was pretty normal nice. I mean yeah, I mean, how does one know what is normal for a child?
Speaker 2: I've been thinking about that a lot because I always thought my childhood was the standard, and then I figured out it really was not.
Speaker 1: Ideally is actually better?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's like you meet people and you're like, oh my god, that's your that was the way it was growing.
Speaker 2: Up, right, well, and it explains a lot about why people act the way they do.
Speaker 6: You know, you almost forgive them, and then you go that it's total for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's exactly exactly accurate.
Speaker 6: Well you do.
Speaker 1: And then if they keep pulling the same shit, you have to fix it. Yeah, you can't not fix it.
Speaker 6: It's like, all right, I see where this comes from, but it's still not fun on my end.
Speaker 1: Do you have you had a lot of friend breakups?
Speaker 6: Friend breakups? You know what I've had. I haven't had. Leg I can't be your friend anymore. I mean I guess, But I've had people who were close to who I just I haven't talked to him twenty five years. There's no like, no reason, there was like no like, oh fault, We'll just stop talking to each other. You just naturally go in different directions. Yeah, I guess. So yeah, yeah, is that a normal thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is. And I didn't realize it used to make me sad and make me go, did I not do something?
Speaker 2: Should I have kept this up? But that's I'm realizing. Friends come and go, and then some friends don't. Yeah, a lot of friends do, most of them.
Speaker 6: Do you put it that way? It sounds kind of sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little sad. I feel most things about life are sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like that might resonate with you.
Speaker 6: Tah. Yeah, life is a battle. I think I've said that before.
Speaker 1: That is the energy you've given. Life is a battle. So you're over here. So I was. I I was telling my boyfriend. My boyfriend's Colin Smith, who knows you. So I was saying, I'm going in today. He's like, are you interviewing? I'm like Tod Berry because I love Todd.
Speaker 2: And then he goes, Todd is actually punk rock, and I was like, huh, and I had to go and I didn't get any clarification, so I wanted to take that question over to you.
Speaker 1: Whoa do you?
Speaker 6: I am very I would describe myself as punk rock? Yeah, no, I think because he once commented on this, Uh, it was a funny comment too. I was like, Oh, I didn't know he was funny, and I don't know it was your boyfriend. I kind of suspected he did. Yeah, because that's nice because you're always together, acting like boyfriend or girl.
Speaker 1: I gave it away my love eyes miss perception over here, like psychic Todd.
Speaker 6: I know musicians, and I used to play drums, but I wouldn't say I was punk rock, but probably compared to calling him punk rock.
Speaker 2: So maybe your aura is like I establishments, you know, yeah, and your comedy style is I would say punk rock.
Speaker 1: There's definitely a punk rock element to your comedy style.
Speaker 6: I mean, I know punks and punks like me, and I sort of ran in those circles without actually being a punk on any level.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice. So you had friends that were punks or punk.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was yeah, you know, it was like a little it was weirdly a punk scene in Florida, like in the early eighties, like late seventies, like the first punk people. But I mean, yeah, so I guess I ran in those circles a little bit.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 6: But Collins got a you know, his new haircut. He looks like he's playing bass for the Clash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he has a good new haircut.
Speaker 2: He went to Turkey to get the hair and then to have the hair on z Yeah, and you got a transplant. Yeah yeah, like the hairline stuff. Yeah, really, it looks fantastic. And then he was telling me Turkey is actually really big on male medical tourism. So he said to me on the plane ride back, there was just dudes wrapped in banned from all.
Speaker 6: Over the world as because I know, it's like a gig would like you. It's a two thousand dollars plus air.
Speaker 1: It was too cheap, really cheap, and they organized it for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, so he's cool about you saying that out loud.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he tells people he doesn't care.
Speaker 6: I never would have suspected that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it looks.
Speaker 2: Great, and it's what he actually showed me. It was as an example of like You don't have to be embarrassed about stuff. If you're just not, then it kind of fades away.
Speaker 1: And no one cares.
Speaker 6: Like you can make fun of him if he's saying, no, I did get hair, plus yeah, it just own it. Who gives a shit? I will find a way to make fun of Oh. Yeah, as you need to plug in your guitar or did I say plug? I'm sorry? Did that? Did that bother you that I said? Pug? So they give you like a good deal and they fly. They put you in a hotel and every yeah.
Speaker 1: Put you in a hotel. Would is that ever something you would do?
Speaker 6: I would do it just for the hotel.
Speaker 1: You could just go to Turkey on vacation.
Speaker 6: I used to take gigs in Florida when we start now where the hotel was like four minutes from my house, and yeah I need the hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's so fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love staying in hotels. I love it. I love putting all I put all my stuff into the drawers the second I get in, like this is my minute. Yeah, because I want to feel like what would it feel like to live here? I want to immerse my I go what would it feel like? To throw everything on the floor.
Speaker 6: Hotels on the road.
Speaker 2: I go to the club kitchy. I love like a kitchen hotel. It has a theme, it has a room that looks like a jungle like that. I love that, like these like weird motels.
Speaker 6: When is the Skinnaire? Because I was going to reveal a hotel and I'm staying in that.
Speaker 2: So it's going to actually air this week for Luminary subscribers, and then the following week it'll be wide released. We're going to reveal I mean, there's there's a concierge with the whole you can't just go up to the room.
Speaker 6: That's true. I've got a room at the Margaritaville Hotel Margaritall.
Speaker 1: That's cool. I've never stayed there, but let me know how it is. Yeah. I love Jimmy Buffett. What kind of you to garre you into?
Speaker 6: I like the same four bands I liked since I was twenty, which are uh, you know you're Elvis Costello, r E, M, Rolling, Stones, Clash.
Speaker 1: Those are all good.
Speaker 6: Yeah they're all No they're not. Yeah they're they're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's fine. Why mess with perfection?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What what role has romantic love? Played in your life. Oh hello, let's get it, because I have these jolly, these girly sex questions for you. But I need to show in. I need it. I need it, I need a way in.
Speaker 2: Honestly, you can be I mean you could, yeah, because this is easy because you can talk about it in a vague sense.
Speaker 1: You don't have to.
Speaker 6: I love giving advice to people on romance.
Speaker 2: Well, these are more questions about like your personal preferences, not with anybody specific, but in general.
Speaker 1: Oh so that's what I'm crazy for me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't know what roll romantic love has played in your eyes. I love these.
Speaker 6: I don't know about that entire segment.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's all right. We can we can.
Speaker 6: I mean I'll ask general.
Speaker 1: I mean, can I have you ever been in love? Todd Berry?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I just I mean I just broke up with someone or broke up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got breakout. I forgot which way it happens. Well, it's okay, men never break do the breaking up. Yeah, we're realized. Don't feel about it is true? Pretty yeah, like it's always I.
Speaker 6: Did not. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you ever broken up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I have? Yeah, but I've also stayed in things where you're five years later like.
Speaker 1: Oh my, that's extremely common for men, and don't feel bad about it.
Speaker 6: You can do these little man male pokes.
Speaker 2: Huh, Well, it's a it's a it's a theory, it's a it's a it's literally sex based that. Yeah, yes, like studies of the whole show is about it's not well gender gender I suppose, but yeah.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, that's interesting. I didn't know that. But yeah, I've I've stayed in things were like you just kind of I don't know how you let it roll off you go. That bothered me a lot, but I'm not quite ready to say that was really bad. What just happened?
Speaker 2: Well, are there some can you give me like an example of something that happened that was you? You said this is a huge red flag and then you stayed I mean in a vague sense because I did.
Speaker 1: Just and this person else long ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just kind of ir kind of unstable behavior where you're like, are we really having this argument about she is? But you know, also those people like that are also kind of fun fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh they are very fun.
Speaker 2: Right, You're never bored, and I think being Boring is one of the worst things a person can be, and people that.
Speaker 1: Have some instability from issues that they have worked on have not worked on. Makes it interesting.
Speaker 6: I found a way to be stable and boring. I'm being self deprecating. I'm not boring at all. I'm fun.
Speaker 2: You seem you have like this allure to you that is specific to you. Okay, that is it's welcoming, very chill, but it's very.
Speaker 1: Steady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, like stable, like you, I imagine you would be soothing to one's nervous system to date.
Speaker 1: Perhaps I'm just guessing here.
Speaker 6: I know some people might argue with that, but okay, but yeah, yeah, I'm not a yeller. I've had arguments where someone's freaking out and I'm kind of like this, and then they freak out more because why are you freaking out?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I mean I had one of my girlfriends. I remember we were kind of in the middle of a fight and I kind of just when we were in bed, I kind of just put my arm on her shoulder or something, and she's like, and she's like, how can you do that when we're in a fight, Like, I don't know, because I wasn't like I don't hate you. We're in a fight.
Speaker 1: That's very helpful, and you're next to me, and that's good to remember. Yes, yeah, I don't hate you. We're just in a fight. Yeah, I'm not against you.
Speaker 6: I mean now I hate her, but yeah, but you didn't when you when I put my hand on her shoulder.
Speaker 1: You didn't hate her in that moment.
Speaker 6: But it was a thing where it's like, oh, do we have to go full on? Like we could still work whatever we need to work out.
Speaker 2: I need to remind myself that I do too, Yeah, because sometimes I get confused when I fight with a boyfriend where I don't know if it's the childhood stuff like a rough childho stuff or what.
Speaker 1: But it's like I all of a sudden, he's the enemy in the argument, and I treat him like the enemy, and I behave and talk like he's the enemy. And I got to that moment should probably happen that would bring me back down to earth and realize that we're just having an argument.
Speaker 6: I've had it drilled into my head, I guess by a therapists where it's like or a therapist where kind of the notion of if you win an argument, we both lose. Like, if I win the if one of us wins the argument, we both lose.
Speaker 1: So what should be the outcome then, in your therapist's opinion, I.
Speaker 6: Think it's I think I think if I'm interpreting it correctly, it's just so you're not.
Speaker 1: Like, got her right, Yes, you're not against each other.
Speaker 6: Guys zinger good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: At the same time, it does feel good too when you do make a good point, of course, but it's also they have to acknowledge that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, exactly. You can't really bask in the glory of a good point if they're not hearing you, are seeing you, right.
Speaker 6: But I also heard another expression of which I think thought about lately. Sometimes you just got to let people be wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's really hard.
Speaker 6: Well, oh I know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to let them be wrong and then like learn for themselves, because you know, it's like that Wizard of Oz kind of rule where it's like you can tell someone at the beginning of the movie how the movie ends, but like they need to go through the journey and figure it out for themselves, right.
Speaker 1: I think that's important.
Speaker 2: And so it's so hard though, to like let watch people make a mistake, but I've really learned it's extremely valuable.
Speaker 1: And it's also like people will people, and this seems so weird.
Speaker 2: People will like you more if you stand by and let them make a mistake, then if you try to tell them ahead of time, don't do that. I've I've experienced it from Courent, and I'm like, that is pretty powerful stuff because it makes you think back to all the times that you were doing the thing and that you didn't say anything, and you're like, oh me, what I just let you Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's extremely hard.
Speaker 2: Well, it's also like you're there's a lot of young there's a lot of young I have a lot of younger people in my life, and it's it's like this big sister energy and me. So I'm a big sister, Christina's a little sister. But I feel like that carries with you all through life. And so like just watching it's just like don't say anything. Don't say anything, like as long as like no one's going to hurt themselves.
Speaker 6: To remember I think when you're if I kind of I'm kind of a ruminator, so I'll just think about something some encounter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I finally got to say that one. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 6: I think it's good if you just go all right, you know, I can go back and forth on this all day. But yeah, I think they're wrong, but they were wrong. Yeah, we can move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the chemicals of love are so decept there's so deceiving because when you're falling for somebody, having a crush on somebody is such a thrill, and then when you actually get together with them, sorry, no, you.
Speaker 1: Go, wow, my imagination is so much more impressive than this person. Mind.
Speaker 2: But like when you get to experience, like making out with somebody that you've had a crush on and they have a crush on you, any little walking down the sidewalk is more enjoyable, like going to the movies. You're like the popcorn tastes better, like everything's better. But those chemicals are so blinding, and that's why the red flags. Yes, you can look back in hindsight, of course it's twenty twenty, but it's almost impossible to see them.
Speaker 6: I wonder if there's anyone out there who's just like, yeah, I already see where this is ahead.
Speaker 1: I'm with the chemist.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but to me, I'm like they maybe the chemistry isn't overwhelming, so that you can actually be grounded and see that which is.
Speaker 6: Good people are You're different in the first month and.
Speaker 2: Very you put on your best self. Yeah, I try not to do that worst foot forward, not worst, like I try to do medium foot forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just because, like I don't know, I think I in my twenties, I used to do best foot forward a lot more, and then I realized I was setting myself up for failure because that's the same way I interview for a job, right, I am so good at job interviews, and then I show up for the job and I'm like, I'm okay, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: It's not my company. I don't really care, you know.
Speaker 2: And so when they've already seen how good you can, like your best, that's all they will accept. But if you present your medium and then sometimes your best shows up, then they're pleasantly surprised. That's under promising over delivery.
Speaker 6: I I'm getting lots of like dating meme, like relationship coach people. Yeah, either that or maybe even that I did talk on the phone about sign that's yes. But I'm getting all these dating coaches and they all kind of say the same thing, and some of them are like, wow, that's pretty good advice that I've heard from probably eight hundred other people. But there was one who who was saying, like, here's how to talk to a girl the first time, and she recommended acting or maybe he recommended acting like you you've known them years, okay years, So it brings down the defense the desperation.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know, how does one talk to someone like they've known them?
Speaker 6: Fresher brought this up because I can't even follow.
Speaker 2: Up on Well, I'm just I'm like, you can't fake that. Yeah, how do you fake familiarity?
Speaker 6: I think instead of I mean maybe to turn tone down, like the it's just going how you doing right?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's really about grounding yourself.
Speaker 6: Before you Yeah that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Go on the date.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you go on a lot of dates?
Speaker 6: Oh my god? I had one right before I got here, and I have five later on.
Speaker 1: Really that wouldn't have surprised me. You haven't allure.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I have a sixth date in one day.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're a Laura is like your comedy persona is almost like that you've curated as like humble narcissist.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I love it. That's a good one. Yeah, guy knows what he wants. Yeah, but humble about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But on Twitter, I'll just be like, like three years Kevin Hart, like, wow, Kevin Hart has the.
Speaker 1: Honor of being a comedian at the same time that I'm a comedian.
Speaker 6: I did that.
Speaker 1: No you didn't. But that's like an example of something in the tone exactly.
Speaker 6: It's a it's faux cocky but really cocky at the same time.
Speaker 1: Are you cocky?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: I think I'm I think I'm like a lot of comedians. We get on stage, we become this monster.
Speaker 1: You have your own Sasha.
Speaker 6: I said things like in anger to like guys who are like six foot nine, you know, the stage. Yeah, I'm much less likely to do that now. I'm also now that I have a bit of a following, a little bit of a following. I don't really get many assholes at my show.
Speaker 2: But comedians are like the original keyboard warriors, you know, like how people can say anything on Instagram because they feel so powerful. I feel like we were the first kind of group of people to do that because on stage, like yeah, we have no problem starting a fight with a guy who's six foot nine, but like, you wouldn't do that at a bar.
Speaker 6: I think it got to be a comedian than a keyboard warrior, of course. Yes, but I see your point. Yeah, you're wrong about that.
Speaker 1: Have you ever gotten into fights while you're on stage with an audience member?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've never been in a fight in my life. In your life, no, I don't know. I've never even had a disagreement with that. No, I've had arguments, but now I usually take it. I probably had people who want to kill me, and but I've had stuff thrown at me. Oh wow, what just like, uh well, one time was remember the Boston Comedy Club.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was Rising Bar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I did a show there and I think it was a it was a language barrier thing where she thought I was making fun of her, so she threw a wine glass at me.
Speaker 1: Wow, wine glass, Jesus, Did I hit you?
Speaker 6: No, it kind of smashed next to me.
Speaker 1: Nice but terrible aim.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's a good it's a good, gritty story. Like I'm in the trenches man. Yeah, it is hard being.
Speaker 1: A stand up out in the streets everywhere growing at me.
Speaker 6: But it's not like being in a punk band.
Speaker 1: And were you a drummer in a band?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I was in a few bands.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not a good drummer. Not a good drummer.
Speaker 1: So you became a comedian?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: No, right, you couldn't keep telling me?
Speaker 6: What do you think of this thing that I heard? I quoted this on another podcast. I hope I'm not allowed to I'm allowed to repeat, but it's fine. I've had this. I heard this person say, don't ever become great at something you don't like doing right? And I was like, oh my god, that is the most haunting thing.
Speaker 1: That's why I quit my assistant job.
Speaker 6: But like, what if I'm like like a phone a poser, Like I'm not really a good comedy I don't know. Maybe I'm a good meeting. But do I want to be a comedian? I sometimes?
Speaker 2: Oh well yeah, I mean, like, so you're saying like you're so great at comedy that you just can't do anything else.
Speaker 1: But do you in your heart do you love it?
Speaker 6: Do you think about it that way? I hope I didn't come across that way. No, I just wonder if, like I am good at it? And then but I'd rather be a rock.
Speaker 1: Star something oh right, right right.
Speaker 2: I feel kind of feel like most of means that would rather be rock stars than most rock stars would rather be comedians.
Speaker 1: We always want the thing that we don't have.
Speaker 2: That's where we do, like, you know, shows like the Goddamn Comedy Jam when we can experience and go, yeah, I'm glad I'm a comic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I picked this.
Speaker 6: I have loved those drums around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, drum set's big. We're talking in the intro about kissing. As a guy wrote us in he was a part of a cult until very recently thirty years old, and so he's getting into the day. But he's a complete virgin and he hasn't kissed anybody or done anything. There was an arranged marriage in the cult, but he got out of the cult, got out of the arranged marriage, never done anything sexual before, and we it got us talking about kissing and how it's so nice.
Speaker 1: What do you think about kissing? Yeah, making out? Making out fun pressure.
Speaker 2: Unless you're yeah, especially like if you're outside or something. Yeah, if you're a pressure, like compared to actually having.
Speaker 6: Sex, Yeah, I mean it's a little more of a I mean I think there's more pressure. Whatdn't you say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like there's more pressure for guys in when you when it comes to actual penis and vagina intercourse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will get you want to spell it out, I will give you. Thanks coming on guys, guy, I gotta go.
Speaker 6: Oh, looked funny in my calendar.
Speaker 1: By the way, do you did you get hy? You get shy talking about sex.
Speaker 6: I get shy talking about like my purse. Like I'm not one of those people like I've seen people just you know, comic on stage about the titty thought as well. And like also my mom's in the audience, she's she's always perplexed me like people would just I'm not one of these open books.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's good. But I mean there's a mysteriousness about you, and that probably contributes.
Speaker 6: To compensate by being really funny on podcasts. Yeah yeah, been killing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, I'll say, calm down, calm down, talking to everyone's so horny.
Speaker 6: But yeah, so this guy never kissed anyone before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so we were talking about how to practice kissing, and I was saying, this woman on the video we found recommended using a cupcake. But I was saying, if you like make like a little puppet with your hand and you do that, did you ever make like practice making up before you?
Speaker 6: But I think that's better than the cupcake. Yeah, cupcake, you're just gonna just want to eat that fucking copay to you?
Speaker 1: What's a good kiss?
Speaker 6: Sloppy? Crazy, tonguey?
Speaker 1: Are you being serious?
Speaker 6: I'm being funny, But also I kind of now that I'm saying it out loud, like, that doesn't sound so bad, that doesn't sound sloppy and tonguey. I guess it is not the best way to describe something.
Speaker 2: Almost some people do like a slap, you're a kiss, I don't. I don't love it from a man. But I wonder if I was kissing women if I would be more comfortable with a sloppiness, because women just inherently are less sloppy.
Speaker 1: Not all of them, but like the kind of always a fire right for sure?
Speaker 2: For sure? For sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, holding holding the face. I love when you're both holding each other's faces and you're like.
Speaker 6: She takes a hammer and hits you in that head.
Speaker 1: Oh god, lights out, baby. So I don't know that this man, this man, yes, how old is he thirty.
Speaker 2: I would also say, hesitant to bring up the cult story when he's dating, but we were like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: That's fascinating.
Speaker 6: Do you think that he should bring up when he has his first kiss that I've never kissed anyone.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know that one. I feel like someone I don't know, Like, I don't know that I would know that ahead of time. I've never been a guy's first with stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I've never took a guy's low job Virginny, Virginia of any kinds of any of the acts, of any of the sexual acts. So I don't know, but I wasn't that when we were reading the email, I was like, that's kind of fun if a guy told me he's never been kissed, and that's why, because I'd be like, whoa, whoa, whoa, what's wrong.
Speaker 1: But then if it was a cult thing, I'm like, that's kind of hot.
Speaker 2: And so there's that cool background that he's overcome and then he's so new, but he's a lot older than somebody would normally be when they haven't experience these things.
Speaker 1: That's kind of hot.
Speaker 2: Oh, women, we love when someone's overcome something or when they haven't, but they say that they will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they will overcome it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that hope. It's not your to do list to overcome that. Wow, one day you'll do it, maybe so you Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Feel like there might be someone who be like, oh, I don't want your first one to be more special someone you're in love, you know, I don't want to be the first. But then there's probably someone who'll be like, oh.
Speaker 1: I get to be the first first kiss. Like when you're in your thirties, you don't ever envision take like being somebody's first kiss.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you should just go for it, not practice. I don't know what there is to practice. It just kind of goes slow and gentle.
Speaker 1: Okay, and yeah, slow and steady wins the race.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then rejoined the cult where it's less pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, he had to get out of an arranged marriage, so there was a lot of pressure there.
Speaker 6: Well that's see, that's that's pretty impressive to get out of that. Like I couldn't imagine getting into that, but I also could couldn't imagine now difficult it must be to get out of that.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been Like I imagine a cult is similar to being hooked on a person who you know is toxic for you and you just keep going back to it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like this is dumb, but it's so fun. Has that ever happened to you?
Speaker 6: That's only happened? Really?
Speaker 1: How are you meeting these women?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 6: I mean, you show being a little dramatic and also I should say in case it comes across like I'm I'm you know, I'm sure there's challenges going out with me.
Speaker 1: Also, what would you think?
Speaker 6: I just didn't want to They're always rule.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be like, yeah, you know, like roast yourself, like what's like what are your issues in relationships?
Speaker 1: What are your strengths and what are your weaknesses?
Speaker 6: Strengths are just trying to be funny with everything right now? I'm funny.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a huge strength.
Speaker 6: I think that I listen and ask questions.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good strength.
Speaker 6: I'm probably a little I mean I have to temper my anxiousness sometimes probably, so I'm probably you know, there's been a number of like why is that texted her like fifteen hours ago?
Speaker 2: That kind of that kind of Shoween hours is a long time warres that warrants asking yourself.
Speaker 1: Why the persons. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know that if someon didn't text you back in twenty twenty three and fifteen hours, that's an anxiety disorder so much as that's sending you a message or not sending you a message.
Speaker 6: Right, what about do you have to like the mixed signal or something likeugh.
Speaker 2: Mixed signals are tough. That's when that's probably because she likes you, but you're not top on our list. To be honest, Yeah, it's the hard truth. Guys like you because you want like you know, it's like you want attention, but there's like a list of like a pecking order that you want the attention in, and so I usually respond in the order of how much I like the person.
Speaker 1: So she likes you, but not as much as some other guy.
Speaker 6: Do you ever like? I feel like there's this always constant pressure to play to not be too desperate.
Speaker 2: I haven't don't ask me because I have a problem where I play it too cool, where people think I actually don't like them, and so I now will just act desperate, and I think that's like a and then it comes off as normal.
Speaker 1: Is desperate?
Speaker 6: Is a Really you're desperate is not really that desperate.
Speaker 2: No, No, because I was constantly getting feedback that people were like, I didn't even know you liked me, And I go, all right, Kuren playing it, we need to give them some sing we're playing it too cool.
Speaker 1: She's rare. Yeah. Well, and also men.
Speaker 2: Like they're you guys' is like bar for your fault, like you accept so much, like like you're so good with being like men love being liked a lot in a way that I feel like for women is actually more suffocating.
Speaker 1: Really, like when when guys get.
Speaker 2: A girlfriend, like the way girlfriend if you just like watch a girlfriend and a boyfriend interact, it looks like they're being stalked and the woman should.
Speaker 1: Be in prison. But men like that, I don't love that.
Speaker 2: Like when a woman is like attentive to you, you're talking about that, like just really like I want a couple that is coupled up. The way the woman acts is something that I go, I don't. I actually don't think I could ever do that because it's embarrassing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a maternal sort of instinct that kicks in that can be to me at least extremely suffocating.
Speaker 2: Really so much it is watching a relationship that works, I go it's not I don't, or that works in quotes, I don't, I don't write, you don't know behind closed doors, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's say you Todd.
Speaker 6: I saw a TikTok video there and uh, this one was like I went on the best first day and he did it. He did it. I was waiting for like the punchline and there was no one was like, and he brought me a dozen roses, like on a first date. If you're like, man, I would not advise a friend to buy roses for someone on a first date.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't either unless it was like something okay, so like there was like a couple of situations where it's like.
Speaker 1: You've been talking for a long time and then you finally the date finally happens.
Speaker 2: If that kind of a person showed up with a dozen roses, like that would be cute. But if it's just like a first day that you like been talking for a week on hinge or something that's psychotic, yeah, that's yes, and it doesn't it's not personal, it's not special. I would have just this guy does this for everybody? Yeah, yeah, classic love.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been loved bombed or have you love bombed?
Speaker 6: I think, I mean, I'm going to be very general about this, but I think I was love bombed.
Speaker 1: H It's that's another thing which I never feel.
Speaker 6: I never heard of it. I realized, I think it's possible that I was love bombed in this one relationship that I'm not going to tell you when it happened.
Speaker 1: But how long did the relationship end up going on?
Speaker 6: For that? Two years?
Speaker 1: Okay? So I mean it's more that's the love bombing for the duration or like the first year.
Speaker 6: It was a it was.
Speaker 1: One month, man, one month of love bombing, and then.
Speaker 6: One particular.
Speaker 2: Expression of a gesture that we were like whoa bo jobs she held my hand, Oh right, right, right okay? And then did it turn like a declaration of a right okay?
Speaker 1: And then on too? Was it like cold? After that? Was it like hot and cold? Was it pure? Cold?
Speaker 6: Was the thing when I had this declaration? I feel like I'm being so cagy, but I was like, oh, man, because you worry if you're not doing everything right, and you're like yeah, and then you're like, I guess I'm doing I just proceed as proceed as I'm not being too desperate. I guess she likes hanging out with me and all this because she wrote some pretty you know, because.
Speaker 2: Well that's how you control someone, right, So you love bomb them and then you and then they're so used to that the admiration, and then you pull back and then then you're like partner question themselves.
Speaker 1: That's how you manipulate that. It's called bread crumbing too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know about bread crumbing.
Speaker 1: That sucks. You're really up on all this the internet, TikTok.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm the immature guy in his fifties, I mean thirties. In case any agents are listen, casting people, listen.
Speaker 1: Todd Barry is your perfect man for the New Days.
Speaker 6: Twenty nine year old. But so, I don't know if I was love bomb because in this particular situation, I'm like, that seemed like love bombing, and then it kind of seemed to that is the definition of it, seems saying he also because there's other times where it was like, oh that she also did this, And I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that people who love bomb are kind of hooked on the high of Like I don't think they're at their apartment strategizing Okay, at the three week mark, I'm going to tell him this and make him feel this, and then I'm gonna pull back. It's I think it's something that happens naturally because the person all the person is going after, whether it's conscious or subconscious, is that engulfment feeling of like we are in this and then I think they said it seems to me, based off of what I've read about love bombing, is that the love bomber will pull back because they they're subconsciously they want you to work for it in this way.
Speaker 1: It's the control thing that kind of mentioned. But I you know, we will.
Speaker 2: We may never know, but I've rarely heard of somebody who love bombs because I've talked to a couple of people who've done that, and I've I've probably have done it too. Yeah, I'm sure I get super I get super obsessed with people quickly, and I have to like really mind myself to not get to not just go and be like let's move in right away.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you this, if you go on a date, do you want to hear from that guy? When? Do you want to hear like I had a great Is it cool to said? I? Had a great time text is that like this.
Speaker 2: Guy's I don't want to hear from you that night. The next morning is probably better. But if we had a really good connection, yeah, and then you didn't text me, I'd be like, oh okay.
Speaker 6: What about Just like I want to see if you got home or if there's that.
Speaker 1: If they get murdered, you'll see you'll see it on the news.
Speaker 2: Yeah. One time I said to a friend, I don't think it was you, so it was another friend. I think that was like, oh, text me when you get home, and they were like, no, I don't do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't used to do.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I guess that is rude my parents. Oh no, I would have texted you if you asked me to.
Speaker 2: Oh. It was amazing somebody said that, but it made me realize, oh yeah. They were like I'm fine, I can get home. I'm like, oh okay, Well, sometimes I like I feel like a girlfriend asking a girlfriend to do it like makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And when a guy asked, I go, well, if I don't, it's your people's problem to begin with. And I just get angry. Yeah, so I go, one of you did it?
Speaker 6: What about? What about? Uh? I was going to try to make some extreme hiring bodyguards for her to get her to the subway.
Speaker 1: Too much hot take, too much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get. I mean it's just it just I mean, that's the early stages are fun. But it's also that's constant, like I mean, I don't know if you guys, you'll you'll do this, but I you know, people, she wrote this one, can I write back? You know that kind of stuff where you like, yes, you're like ue strategizing because you're just like you're so afraid of scaring someone off.
Speaker 1: Totally.
Speaker 2: That's the anxiety of the beginning of a relationship when you're not you're not exclusive, you're not completely settled into each other. You don't have this it's not this well oiled machine yet. And so yes, it is very nerve wracking, and it's like how can I not how do I have to ask my friend? Is this too much to text this guy? But then when I deal with everybody else in my life, I know how to handle myself.
Speaker 6: Well, right, it's also like you're paying it sometimes I've had therapy sessions about should I text her? And yeah, well that's fucking advice.
Speaker 2: It is, But that is the person to ask, because then they can help you deal with your particular anxiety about it, like where is.
Speaker 1: It coming from?
Speaker 6: All that crap.
Speaker 2: I also think that like when you're in your fifties, you can you can do this other move, which is kind of like, I'm an adult, I don't play these games when I want to, And I think that can be really attractive as well. I remember Hannah Berner was I was thinking about her exactly what's her husband's names, Dez Bishop, the comedian.
Speaker 1: She told me she told us on the show.
Speaker 2: She was like, we were kind of flirting with each other, and then I was straight up playing games with him and des Was he like called me and he was like hey five or whatever.
Speaker 1: Was He's like, I don't play games, so that's your thing. We're not where I love That's that's a great move.
Speaker 2: And then Hannah, you could tell it humbled her in a way that guys don't treat her like that normally.
Speaker 1: And she was like yes, and she was like, oh fuck.
Speaker 2: And I do think there's something to that where it's like I handle you is not the right term of phrase of words, but it's like when a guy can deal with you and he's not intimidated by your like little peak the peacocking that women can sometimes do, and he kind of knows how to wrangle you in is very attractive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I had a situation recently where I was I thought I was going to start dating someone possibly went on one.
Speaker 1: Day like he's a situation.
Speaker 6: We had a plan, like you know, we had plans, and then it was a situation where like I'm in a situation ship. No, it's not, is that where you're going?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just learned that word like three weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I'm very impressed by all the lingo that you know. This is straight up gen Z universe you're in now.
Speaker 6: It was swifty as well. Oh but uh, it was a thing where I like, I said, hey do you said how about this day? And I said, yeah, how about okay with me? I have shows at this hour And I didn't hear for the next day and like a full day and a half, and I did run it by a comic of a woman and she's like, because part of me was like, you don't write to me, I don't. I just waited out, you know, yeah, waited out, so I'm not desperate. And then she kind of said, well, if you do that, then you're letting her know that you can always just wait till the last minute. And I agree. This was about thirty seven hours, so this was like, that's too long a gap. I mean, I write people.
Speaker 2: I mean there are some people who like like or there are some instances when you literally just forget because it's like if you had if you it was someone you had never met before in real life.
Speaker 6: That's someone I went out with once and it was a good it seemed like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I feel like, okay, so yeah, I feel like if you've.
Speaker 6: Already actually it wasn't till's like, hey, what's up.
Speaker 1: Sure, it was like, yeah, it's a date.
Speaker 6: And you know that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: But it's it's weird.
Speaker 2: It's hard because I feel like our brains will automatically assume assume a more negative having a more negative assumption.
Speaker 1: But you could also assume that the person's busy.
Speaker 2: I would say, because you don't know them well yet, one more poke of like, hey, did you want to go on the dat?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then how'd that go?
Speaker 6: I haven't talked to her, seen her, so she's done? Yes, because that happened again and I was actually what I just want through. I was kind of like, I'm not going to I'm going to try to do something, nip something in the butt. Yeah, that's why I will be checking immediately see if she texted after word.
Speaker 1: Done with this when you're waiting for her text of somebody that you do or could have a crush on. There's quite nothing quite like it.
Speaker 2: Oh you like it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my god it Oh it's a lot of anxiety, but yeah, I know it's I don't like that getting the text.
Speaker 6: I had a girlfriend who I was like, not my last girlfriend one before that. Or I'd be on the phone with my brother just stressed out, like and then it would come through.
Speaker 1: Everything's fine, sleet mood shift.
Speaker 6: Yes, but they call that, you know, like my therapists talked about like you're regulating yourself through someone, which is.
Speaker 1: Yes, your therapist is wise. That is what's happening.
Speaker 2: Is your therapist a man or a woman. It's a woman nice because you don't want the hard truth, because you want to be caddle like a little baby.
Speaker 6: He's like, he's very bright. I've been with her for many years.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice. That's nice to have a therapist that knows you. Yeah, that you can just be yourself around. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Like sometimes I'm like, I would like, you know, another perspective, but I'm like, I cannot have, Like the thought of explaining my universe to someone again not worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I honestly, Roger, they know the whole story.
Speaker 6: Are you talking about therapist?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, because you so my therapist. I've been with her for several years, so she knows my whole universe. I say a name, I say a person, I fucking I say best, and she knows.
Speaker 1: What I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I need that in my life.
Speaker 6: Okay, Like, so, what's your take on Matt Rice?
Speaker 1: She ac she does know.
Speaker 2: About comedy, like she sees comedy, So I haven't specifically asked her about Matt Rife. Sometimes she'll ask me what I think of someone, but yeah, no, I So I'm just like, the thought is exhausting to re explain all of that.
Speaker 6: To a new therapist, The idea of my therapist retiring or something like that. Yeah, that's I've had to find them. I remember how I found It's like it's.
Speaker 2: Like dating, like you can't just you have to assume that, Like you're gonna get some nose like you're gonna have some just miss aligne.
Speaker 1: I feel like you can get easily disappointed with the therapist.
Speaker 2: Have you had any breakthroughs that this therapist has a sist to do with in realizing certain things about yourself?
Speaker 6: I have had a few breakthroughs.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: I remember once this was this was with the therapist who I saw like a couple of times who was like, but he was like six hundred dollars an hour or so. He went from like four hundred to five hundred.
Speaker 1: You are going to some price.
Speaker 6: He's actually I think he's the one who actually led me to my current expensive therapist. But but I just had like one session with him and I was talking about some woman I was seeing a little bit, and he's like, because I think you're an easily smothered person, you need to find a sweet spot.
Speaker 1: Oh you're easily smothered. That's interesting to hear.
Speaker 6: But he goes, yeah, I know. But so that thought I was that was like, oh, yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Why you're paying the big bucks. I guess he gives you a breakthrough in one session.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, he did nail that one pretty quick.
Speaker 2: It is nice when therapists just give you their opinion on you, and I'm like, can you just tell me what you think of this instead of having me come to the conclusion, like I want to know if it is.
Speaker 6: Do you just want like friend advice from a therapist, Yeah, don't want to be like I know in my family whatever, Just do I text her?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need you need the strike. Yeah, He's just say that must have been hard for you. Like that's not helpful.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 6: I was like, if it's right, it's right, Like you shouldn't have to worry about when to text, that's what. Yes, Because I've had situations where like did I make a mistake sending out text? And I'm like, if that was a mistake, then.
Speaker 2: I don't think one text is going to make or break But I think they're like if you are someone who like you just have no like strategy, it is telling the other person like this person doesn't know how to exist in the world. Like that's the impassion that it's giving me, Like you you have no self awareness? But like, yeah, one text note is not going to make or break it. And also the reality the text is like on the outside your fucking house, right, now you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The reality though, is the reaction that you're you would not want them to have if they did think that this was too much or too soon or whatever. Often times, if you're an even killed person such as yourself, if they actually did have that reaction, then it's like, we don't mesh.
Speaker 1: Like if you think I'm too intense or too then that's okay.
Speaker 2: That's why you want to be yourself at the beginning as much as you can, because if you don't like me, now, where where can we go from here?
Speaker 6: When I share my real self, it's gonna be brutal?
Speaker 1: What wait? So what are your what would you say your deepest flaw is and your biggest strength? Yeah, we went back to that. We we can't therapy like I want to. You're you're an actualized man.
Speaker 6: I don't have a sub scriprophone when I do therapy usually, But uh, well, I think it might be anxiety. Yeah, I mean even just habits of mine, like a little bit ADHD and I guess that's not a habit, but I think I think that might be challenging to date. Yeah, I mean, if you don't want to come to an apartment, that's very neat. Then you might be disappointed. Don't come to But I do think that I like I said, I think I listened, and I think if you if I feel like I'm good. If someone says this, you did this, something happened that bother me, I go, let's I take it seriously. I don't get defensive. That's not that I've never gotten defensive.
Speaker 1: Sure, right, but you don't get an ego about it. No, I'm too great to get an ego about here. There's a tumble narciss.
Speaker 2: So I have a couple other girly questions that there's this Instagram account called the Alasco that we follow, and they're asking these questions that are kind of like cosmopolitan questions that women would maybe ask each other.
Speaker 1: But I thought it'd be funny to ask you, Todd Berry, you to Barry, what's a non sexual thing that turns you on that a partner could do?
Speaker 6: Oh? I like that question. I mean it's great if they laugh at my shit.
Speaker 1: Really, it's such a comedian. I know you are.
Speaker 2: But women, you know, when women have a crush on somebody and they want to like move it forward, A lot of times we'll subconsciously or consciously laugh too much.
Speaker 6: You're saying, my stuff's not good. I've been on coned.
Speaker 1: No, you have, even if Mike loved that.
Speaker 6: Non sexual things. I mean, so can it be a touch or sure? I mean, I mean my last girlfriend I used to love when we'd walk around and she would just put her arm around me before, like you know, like on her own, without.
Speaker 1: But without you initiating. Yeah, not that I didn't initiate, but right, but it's nice when the woman loved that.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that was yeah, I mean sexual turn on.
Speaker 1: Right, but it turned you on, It turned your heart on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: You never a lot like women taking initiative. Yeah, what's the most caring thing a partner has ever done for you? I mean.
Speaker 1: Girl talk with Todd Berry.
Speaker 6: Like, I mean, I've had I've broken down in front of a few women.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 6: You'll talk about like my parents who aren't around anymore. There's times where it's like it was really fresher than it is now, and just like I looked at a picture of my mom for the first time and I just lost it, lost it. Yeah, So and then they leave me immediately because they think I'm weak. No, they so that kind of thing, just being there for you, Yeah, to do being there for me when I'm doing something where I might be like, oh man, should I.
Speaker 1: Be doing this in front of this person?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Because I can't. I mean, have you had guys crying for any here?
Speaker 2: You are?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it, she loves I can't.
Speaker 6: I feel like grin. I think you would be like you would, it would be over.
Speaker 2: I think I'm surprisingly a lot different than you would think I am a relationship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right then yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: There what kind of cry are we talking about?
Speaker 6: You know, like is it not just talking about yeah.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, but like genuinely feeling crying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's something I've handled a level of crying. Actually that was probably beyond what either of you have handled and I shouldn't have handled.
Speaker 1: Yes, for sure, I think just like you're having a mental breakdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I can't, well, I can't be You got to be good, good get you know, you got to be in good shape entering the relationship, and sometimes you're not.
Speaker 1: And that's okay.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I love when a man feels comfortable because the masculine. We just did a series on masculinity this past month and how it can really stunt men because whenever you put a blanket over any part of yourself. And for women we get different cultural things that we put blankets over, but for men, it's being in touch with your emotions.
Speaker 1: That's a big one.
Speaker 2: And so because of that stuntedness, it's nice to be around a man who doesn't care, is comfortable. Like I was talking about earlier with Colin, it's like the hair thing. He's like, I don't care, and I'm like, whoa, that's so sexy that you don't care. So the same in the same respect, when a man has an experience and he's emotional about and he's not afraid to show it. I have such great respect for that, especially considering the uphill be out of that is masculinity. Yeah, like if a woman was you know, called you like the F word or something for for crying over your dead parents, she needs there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is, You're right, it is kind of bottom of the barrel, right, respons I.
Speaker 2: Mean, like there's obviously like if it's like, okay, it's every day, it's five years after it happened, and you literally everything reminds you of mom and dad and you're not really doing anything to move forward.
Speaker 1: That's then, yes, there's a stuntedness somewhere that we gotta but I think of a parent like every now and then, like it's just gonna you know, you're it's just gonna hit you for probably the rest of your life. My dad, my Dad's I'm speaking from like I get it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Like I'm like, I think this is just gonna be a thing that every now and then, Like I'm just I was just like walking through you know how they put all the Christmas trees up, and just like for me, like that really reminded me, like me of my dad. So now I was just like walking last week and around with all the Cris Smiths tree things up, just like crying over the concept of Christmas trees. And you know, I'm like, oh, my dad died like two and a half years ago. But I'm like, Okay, well, I guess this is just something that somehow made you said, No, it's not, but I go, but it's like it's the unexpectedness.
Speaker 1: Of it that's a pain in the ass, right, And you go, what the fuck? My dad's Jewish? Why are Christmas trees making me think of him?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Do you get hit by a grief with your the loss of your parents kind of at random?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean yeah, I do. Like I mean just the other day it hit me like, oh, today was the day the anniversary won my dad died. Sure, Thanksgiving in twenty seventeen, and also not that long ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's kind of like that on a major holiday, which is fucking annoyed.
Speaker 6: Well, there was a time like when my dad was alive, my mom was had died in two thousand and six, I think it was two thousand and six. Yeah, and I had I just couldn't bring myself to look at a picture of her, these pictures, I mean for a long time, maybe glanced at one or two, and then I said, you know, I got to look at her, and then I just was fucking games.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was brutal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got it's your parents. I mean, it's your Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have my dad's ashes like literally still in the bag from the synagogue under like a bureau for like two years, and I'm like and I'm like, Dad, you know, this isn't disrespectable.
Speaker 1: I'm just like not ready to like put you on the mantle yet.
Speaker 2: And then I finally like finally felt ready and I like put him out and I'm like suck, you know, like I just say hi now, But I'm like it just I needed it. I needed it in the bag for a while because'm like, I know you're here, I can't have you out yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's too painful and you're not ready to do that. Then I don't think that's that's not disrespectful. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I imagine like the death of a parent would be like when you go through a breakup, but for the rest of your life, right, Like it's like this permanent thing that's like always going to be fresh.
Speaker 1: When when these pockets have like and it brings up all was I good son?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the word I was looking for.
Speaker 1: Do you think you were oh?
Speaker 6: Man, uh wow, I guess I brought this up. I think I could have been better, Yeah, as I wasn't like mean, I just think I was like leave me alone totally, and I wish you know, you know, taking my mom on a vacation or something like that, Yeah, instead of being like you're smothering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's yeah, I've tried to reflect on that.
Speaker 6: But I also remember like going to visit like my parents and they're just like getting they would drive me crazy. And then you talk to other people and like like, yeah, of course you went everyone. Yeah, not many of us crazy by their parents.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, it's a narrative. That's you know, it's it's it's common.
Speaker 6: Did this ship get too heavy for this show?
Speaker 1: No, we do this all the time. We love openly crying. Oh too much? But whatever. Yeah, we're always on here. Well, let's I have two more questions from this girl list. It's a funny one to ask you, tod Berry.
Speaker 2: Todd Berry, what's the spiciest place you've ever hooked up?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: Can I not answer that one? No?
Speaker 1: I actually have to.
Speaker 2: I would love it if you could, though, Come on, how was it was? Are you embarrassed because it wasn't spicy enough?
Speaker 1: Or was too spicy?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Spicy, honey.
Speaker 6: That's my twenty seventeen Netflix.
Speaker 1: Because it's super good, one of my favorite specials. Fantastic special. Yeah, thank you, you're very comedian.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Let's uh, the next one I have another one? Is cheating ever forgivable?
Speaker 6: You know this is going to be sound unbelievable. I've never cheated, not one time ever, but I don't think it's I think it's an individual. Yeah, I don't think I would forget. I'm not sure if I've been cheated on. I think I may have been right. Yeah, I don't have like any smoking gun kind of like or confessions. I don't. I mean I would think that I I would actually, you know, not want to be forgiving of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I would want to ruin everyone's life who was involved.
Speaker 1: With that's that is also the stance that I would take. Thoughts, I command you. There's something about cheating. There's this we talk about. I've talked about this book of by Esther Parro called The State of Affairs.
Speaker 2: It's a great book, and I love her advice, and I wish I wish I could also stand by it.
Speaker 1: I love your theorists.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I wish I thought like that she's cooler than me, Esther and Karin's cooler than me with this stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm not cool with cheating.
Speaker 2: No, But like like you were saying, like, oh, if you if you make out with somebody, you can just tell me kind of thing, right, And the idea of my boyfriend making it out with somebody not even having sex, oh, yes, devastating I agree, I don't care.
Speaker 1: See, the thing with me is like someone else.
Speaker 2: You know what pisses me off, It's when I have to hear it from somebody else, and then I look like a fucking schmock.
Speaker 1: Oh that is that's awful.
Speaker 2: If I'm in a relationship with you, we have a fucking pact, We have each other's backs. And if you fuck up and you get drunk and you make up with someone, okay, I can forgive that, but I better fucking hear it from.
Speaker 1: You, you little baby bitch. Yeah no, I like that if you fuck.
Speaker 2: If you're someone else, Oh oh yeah, yo, because that is way worse, oh worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my god, that's so embarrassing. Yeah, that's also happened to me my first ever boyfriend. That's why I always somebody on Aim was like grand cheating on you, and I'm like what. That's why I was so angry at James.
Speaker 2: I heard it from that and I knew, and I had asked him already, and I said, if I if I had heard from this from you, it would literally your whole You might still be in New York.
Speaker 1: I might not have to run you out of this fucking town. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, And that was the issue.
Speaker 6: I go.
Speaker 1: I don't know how much clear I can make this to you.
Speaker 2: The fact that I had to hear it from someone else when I directly asked you, I'm getting I'm angry, angry about it now.
Speaker 1: It's infuriating. It's such a black Yeah.
Speaker 2: But because there's something too, and I think this is part of es Paro's thing as well with it. There's something too like owning up to your mistake very honestly and bluntly to the person that you kind of had the crime against. That allows for a repair. Yeah, it goes I do you have the respect for me after all we've been through. It's like we're all create like animals, Like, Yeah, the fact that you might have fucked someone or meet out with someone, I can get past that.
Speaker 1: We've all been we've all been there.
Speaker 2: But what if you came to me the way Karen's describing, if you were like Christina, I'm I fucked up.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry. I'm really disappointed with myself. But this happened, and he did it right away.
Speaker 6: What's going to happen again? And that they did, they're insincere, but that's just.
Speaker 7: Me, But what information about the person would have like, you know, I would have told I feel like you don't know, it's hard to get back past the Honestly, butt her is how I described the feeling of being but her.
Speaker 1: I would be so but her if I.
Speaker 6: Don't know if I said I, but I suspect that it's possible, right, Yeah, And.
Speaker 2: If you had to find if you found out from someone that wasn't the person you were dating, I'll make I dedicate my energy to making your life bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll fucking just you.
Speaker 7: Wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ain't nothing get me to focus. Like revenge.
Speaker 6: I don't know how much. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't forget, But I don't know how much revenge I would actually act on or if I would fantasize.
Speaker 2: But one time my guy was cheating on me who lived in my building, and my friend and I put a mixture of dog poop and old fish under his doormat.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I was, I was twenty eight. No, but he smell it smelled and made its apartment Smellah.
Speaker 6: No, I know you.
Speaker 1: I was pretty making a bad joke, my first ever bad joke. Well right here on guys with us, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I took Todd's bad joke virginity nice. Okay, so that's yeah, those are the girliest questions. I don't want to ask you this question. I'm too shy to ask you that question. Yeah, too shy to ask I just don't think you'd want to answer it. The question is what do you consider to be good secks?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that's why I thought you did that. Like, and I go off of the guest comfortability. So if you're not comfortable going, thank you.
Speaker 6: It's like when I do crowd work, if I see someone that's not into talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, thank you for coming on. Guys.
Speaker 2: I just non consensually asked Tod of question I forgive. So you have a special out on YouTube. On YouTube, it's free unless you want to buy it. There's places where you can buy it. But I can't imagine why you would do that. No, you should buy it. That's why I don't. That's why I'm not wealthier because I say things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 6: It's on YouTube. It's called Domestic Short Hair. It's uh filmed in Chicago.
Speaker 1: Oh nice?
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, check it out.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Tod's extremely funny, a great coma you are one of the great comedians.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: What's your social media we got you got to follow Todd online?
Speaker 6: I'm too private to give it. Uh, No, it's us. It's Todd Berry on the Instagram, Todd Berry dot com for my website with a pretty nice website. Uh, pretty nice web.
Speaker 1: You're just comfort with it.
Speaker 2: Talking about like plugging yourself is actually making me uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I rather go and talk to you about Twitter, the shitty Twitter y. Yeah, very funny on Twitter.
Speaker 6: I like that. That's that's so less fun than it used to be.
Speaker 1: I know it used to be my favorite app. And no, it sucks.
Speaker 2: And I really feel for people like you and like Current who were great tweeters likem is going down and I loved it.
Speaker 1: I don't deserve your talent anymore.
Speaker 6: I'm shockingly mad at him for taking our blue checks away.
Speaker 1: Yeah I am too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just ship had to have them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's you guys. I have them. I didn't pay neither.
Speaker 6: What's you didn't have one?
Speaker 1: Did you pay?
Speaker 6: I am no?
Speaker 1: That's what that man?
Speaker 6: All right, all right, we didn't need to end on that. We can cut that.
Speaker 1: Watch Todd Berry Special on YouTube. Domestic domestic short hair. Yeah and follow on Instagram, follow on social media. Guys, thank you so much, Todd.
Speaker 6: Thanks, this was fun. Appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we enjoyed talking to you. Okay, this has been Guys. We Fucked the anti sluts shaming podcast. We'll talk to you next Friday. Guys, We Fucked is presented by Luminary, Created and hosted by Karen Fisher and Christina Hutchinson. Editing and music coordination by Mike Coscarelli. Theme song by Rob Patterson and Jake Cozen Suck my wet ass pussy. Christina said to cut that before, but now it's in their Yeah, let's keep it. Who cares