Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guess co host Lauren the Roaster with us, and we got a special guest in the building. Brother's name is Keith Lee.
Speaker 3: Welcome brother, Pleasure, pleasure, pleasure to be here. How are you doing, man, I can't complain, man, blessed ay favorite.
Speaker 2: Yes. Absolutely for people that don't know who you are, you've been going viral the last couple of months and years because you're a food creek. Absolutely, but you're a food creek the hood way, like you pull up to the spot and you eat it in the car pause.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say the whoday. I just eat food.
Speaker 3: I critique it everything, and it's not even from a critique and standpoint, it's just I experience everything. So at first I will go in and I will eat food, and I will experience the whole thing, like sitting down the restaurants. But I've always had social anxiety, so I've never been really big on sitting down and like sitting and talking to people. Really, so I'm getting a lot better being around my family and being around the situations that I'm in. But really, my family goes in and they get the customer service experience for me now because nowadays, if I go in, I get thirty backs to food and get the experience that it's not authentic. And if I go in and I say, hey, the customer service was amazing or the food was amazing, it's only because I have fifteen min million followers. It's not because the food is actually amazing or the customer service. You're gonna get the same customer service experience. So I want the same customer service experience my mom gonna get if you going the next day.
Speaker 4: Oh that's interesting you said that. You know, you being the food critic, you don't get an authentic experience.
Speaker 1: And the absolutely it might front now, Oh it's immedia. It ain't. No, Mike.
Speaker 5: Might be knowing where you're going to. Like when they say you in a city, they sit out an alert on Twitter. They'll be like, oh, Keith Lee is.
Speaker 1: In New York.
Speaker 6: It's like, okay, people got tightened up.
Speaker 3: A lot of people ask me why I do that. So the reason I put out an alert before I go to a city, every food I pay for everything.
Speaker 6: He doesn't go in hisself.
Speaker 1: He said that, okay, so.
Speaker 3: Get a little backstory, because I know a lot of people aren't familiar with what I'm blessed enough to do. So I basically, I go to restaurants, and I'm a marketing platform for absolutely free to these restaurants that don't have marketing platforms, but they have great food and great customer service. So I go in and I go to small mama pop shops. I go to places who might have just opened, or I go to places that have, like I said, great food and gret because of services with people don't know about them because they aren't either on social media or they don't do a great job of word of mouth, because a lot of these places are either ran by older people who aren't on social media, or people who've put they all into making the resources that they have work and not have time to actually go out and outsourced marketing. And a lot of people who are on social media or are food influencers they charge. So I don't consider myself a food influencer. I don't consider myself an influencer, a celebrity or anybody. I'm just a vestable of God and I just do what I feel like i'mupposed to do and that comes with eating food.
Speaker 7: Use an MMA fighter too?
Speaker 1: Professional?
Speaker 3: Yep, wow, at eight years ninety five is a professional four no as amateur.
Speaker 7: So how did you go from MMA fighter the food creek?
Speaker 3: So I've always been really big into food. As MMA fighter, food is one of the most important things because you got to lose a lot of weight. I fought at one thirty five, but I always waited around one to sixty five and one to seventy, So really cutting from one seventy to one thirty five is ninety percent in ten percent dedication. So it's really I've always had a passion for food and cooking and really being focused on a food aspect.
Speaker 1: So it just, honestly, it's God man. One thing led into another.
Speaker 3: I started doing TikTok just to get over my social anxiety so I can do interviews for MMA, and then by the time you know it, I was I'm here.
Speaker 2: How do you rate when you go to a lot of these restaurants and spots, Because, as I was saying earlier, a lot of times when you go to a restaurant, it is the experience, right, It's you know, when you go to the South, you usually get a warming feeling from people. New York is a lot colder.
Speaker 1: And we're very cold, very cool when you go to those restaurants.
Speaker 2: So how do you rate a restaurant on experience? Based on that?
Speaker 3: So really is based on the experience from traveling the world and being able to do that through fighting. I've took that experience that I've had from that into the actual food world. So most of the time it's either based on a customer service, the food, or the overall experience itself. So if let's say I go into a restaurant again, this is why I don't go in by myself, because I go into a restaurant, I walk out with, like I said, thirty five bags of free food. And that's never been my My mo is to help restaurants and to help people and to be a blessing that I feel like I've been called to be. But in order to rate sufficiently, I get the food in front of me, I eat it like everybody else. I give my opinion like everybody else, and I make sure I pre EMPHASI it that this is my opinion. These are my taste bloods. Yeah, I just taste food. Bro that's really what it boils down to be. But I'm blessed enough to where if I go in like a restaurant, or if I actually am super fond of a dish, it might be a four to five hour way time. And we've been able to do it in Houston, We've been able to do it in Detroit. We've been able to do it in Miami. We've been able to do it here. We've been able to do it in Vegas, New Orleans. So we've just been blessed enough to go to places and once we leave, we might leave a like I said, a five hour weight time, six hour way time. The places who haven't been blessed enough to have that experience or that exposure.
Speaker 6: The location called the I think it's the puttery what you said.
Speaker 5: They had to close down and get themselves together to reopen because of all the business.
Speaker 3: You absolutely within the span. So all that has really started for me in January last year. So within the span of a year, we've been able to raise over forty thousand dollars for a restaurant owner who has cancer. In less than twenty four hours, we've been able to raise fifty thousand dollars for a food truck owner. In less than twenty four hours, we've been able to keep thousands of where I would say thousands hundreds of doors open from restaurants who would email me and say, hey, we about to close tomorrow or we're about to close the next few days because we don't have the marketing and nobody knows about us. And then within twenty four hour span, Like I said, it's a line around the corner. And I don't take anything on the back end. I don't take any money. I don't take any endorsement deals from these small companies. I don't take anything from them. What I get out of it is knowing that whatever I put in the world, I get back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, as soon as you do that, your word is done.
Speaker 4: As soon as people realize like oh somebody paid him, or somebody gets or something, your word is done.
Speaker 7: All this is over.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: What was the first one that went really really big for you?
Speaker 3: It was a place called Francis's Piece of Reda in Las Vegas. They emailed me and they basically said, hey, we're about to close those doors because we same thing. We don't have a marketing, No nobody knows about us. But the food is amazing. And my dad is the owner and his name is Frank, and he put all his money into this business. But he's afraid that his business is about the clothes. We just want you to come. We don't want you to do a review or anything. We just want you to come and eat the food. I went. I met Frank the second I walked in. He had no idea who I was, and he just was one of the nicest men I've ever met. He gave me a frigator rad. He tried to gave me freegated I turned it down. He tried to give me free food. I turned it out and I just took the food.
Speaker 1: I ate it.
Speaker 3: I recorded it, and then within less than twelve hours they went from having two customers a day to being around the corner. And to this day they have a section for luggage to where you come straight off the plane you put your luggage because so many people come straight.
Speaker 1: Off the plane.
Speaker 2: And where are you from.
Speaker 1: I'm originally from Detroit, but I live in Vegas.
Speaker 2: From Detroit with So you've been in all these different places, right, So you said New York is cold. So when you say New York is cold, explain to people when you get service in New York and compared to service in Detroit, compared to service in the South.
Speaker 3: Culture is different. Culture is different, the people are different. When I walked in, you asked me or you said that I'm a ghetto food critic. So it's like that alone New York. So it's like New York is cold. They play with you a lot, but I got I got thick skin. So it's like what you say to me, don't bother me. I just don't like when places or people go to these smart restaurants and they get that that energy that.
Speaker 2: But your food creek the hood way, like you pull up to the spot and you eat it in the car. Pause.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing, that energy that you gave me when they give it to smart restaurants.
Speaker 1: That's what I don't like when you get it to me.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it's not the same because I'm from the hood, but I'm not ghetto. I'm from Quities, but I call it the hood, but it's nigga.
Speaker 7: You are so ghettle I'm not.
Speaker 1: You think you not gettle.
Speaker 7: You're one of the most ghetto is niggas.
Speaker 3: You got to you gotta he got a white beeter, but he said twenty degrees outside and his rainer.
Speaker 7: Jack.
Speaker 1: Okay, now that you also wear video got no strings on it from TikTok.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I would pick up on like your actual personality, but you' not like that in person.
Speaker 1: I'm the same.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like I am who I say I am. Is just that when I'm in front of the camera and I can just chill in this myself, then you just get me eating food. But that's that's one thing about the Internet. I'm always me, but you don't really know me because I don't really talk much. And I only did this because I wanted to do this. I don't have the traditional way of marketing or going out and pushing myself because my goal isn't to push myself. My goal is to push these smart restaurants and do what I feel like I'm called to do. I only did this as a scratch off the buckets because I've always wanted to do this.
Speaker 4: What you said earlier about you know, not going into the stassment yourself, that's why you didn't go into candy restaurant, right, because why they want to give you perferctial treatment.
Speaker 3: So they personally invited me. So when we were at the music fest, the one music fest, one of her team members or somebody who was associated or walked into me and was like, Hey, we've been inviting you for the last week. We've ben DMU, we've been emailing you. Can you please just come get a food to try? And I knew if I was to walk in again the same experience that somebody with less followers than me or somebody with no followers wouldn't get the same experience. And I'm a person at the D day. I'm a normal person. I'm not like again, I'm not a celebrity. And the way I think about it, if we were ready to get dropped off in a foreign country or a random country and they had no idea who anybody was, we'd all be picking the same or doing the same things. We all we we would all be the same on the same plane field. So that's how I live my life. So they literally asked me I went, and I knew if I walked in it would be completely different. So I sent my family in as always, and they immediately told them like, hey, it's a two hour to two and a half hour away time. So I was like, okay, if we're gonna wait, we're gonna just sit and wait like everybody else. That's one thing. I never skipped lines. Again, I'm a normal person. But we I sat in the car, I waited fit them to go in. They came back and it was like a two hour way time. I was like, okay, let me go in and see if it's gonna be different if I go in, because my experience to why Atlanta that whole time was if I go in, I get literally five minute wait times, two minute wait times, and it's like in Atlanta, I think it's different because it really takes status to be able to eat or to be able to do anything out there. So me walking in immediately, she was like, oh yeah, you can come sit down. And I was like, well, you just told my family it's too our way time, and she was like, oh, well, I called a bunch of people and they didn't come and pick up the reservations. So that's why we're on a first come, first basis now. But a few minutes ago you went on the first first her basis. So it was just things like that that made me highlighted and made me turn around and go sit in the car.
Speaker 7: How many people in your family? Though? How many people is?
Speaker 1: I can't tell you all of that because sometimes it's a lot of us.
Speaker 7: So that's what I mean.
Speaker 3: I don't want to blow the cover nobody because it only works if nobody knows who we are.
Speaker 4: Because just to be fair, if eight people walk in, I might not be able to come.
Speaker 3: Oh of course not no, actually walk We actually a five person tape when my family asked for a five persona but I came and asked for a seven person table and they gave it to me in two minutes.
Speaker 2: But you know, when most restaurants have celebrities, most they give them you know, you know, they feel like a celebrity is gonna post.
Speaker 1: It, which I want to see celebrities.
Speaker 2: And they'll want to come to the restaurant even more.
Speaker 3: But that's why I only go to places that I'm invited to, because if you invite me, you invite me on the pretenses that you know what it is. You know what it is that I do. So if I go into a spot and you automatically know that I don't want preferential treatment because I want to get the same experience that everybody else kids. Then once you give it to me, it shows that you didn't invite me for me. You invited me for the opportunity. You didn't look at me as a person, You only looked at me as an opportunity.
Speaker 2: So you only go where you're invited. You only go to the restaurant. So like if you're in New York, and then let's say Lauren or all myself say, yo, this restaurant is dope. You don't go to those. You only go where.
Speaker 3: New York is different because I feel like a lot of restaurant owners out here have an ego.
Speaker 1: I'll here.
Speaker 3: Nobody invites anybody. So it's like everything out here is word of off. So the way I've been planning out here is I only go to places that I've been recommended to over thirty times.
Speaker 1: So if got recommended to you a thousand.
Speaker 3: Times, yeah, So it's like if I can have a backbone to because what I don't want is I go and get my opinion in the restaurant immediate, like, oh, we didn't ask him to come here, he just gave his unsolicitate opinion, or we didn't Nobody asks for.
Speaker 2: That isn't that the best thing? Like, because I think a lot of people look at you as when I come to a city, let me see what Keith Lee says is good, and I'm gonna go there, you know what I mean, because I can trust in his opinion. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But if I don't personally like it, then the human reaction is to be deflective, or the human reaction is to immediately be like, don'tbody asks him to come here. But if you ask me to come here and I give you my opinion, once you do something like when we was in Atlanta, the real mc honey, they asked me to come or I got tagged a thousand times to come, and then the second I made the video, the owner went online. It was like, who is Keith Lee but the one of the main I don't know exactly what they rolled that the company was, but one of the main people in the restaurant. Once I walked in and they told me it was a five minute wait, I walked back out. They chased me to my car and tried to get me service. So it's like, how you don't know, but either way.
Speaker 5: Your review stands harder than that deflection because people still.
Speaker 3: I'm a person at the end of the day. I'm a customer at the end of the day. That's why when you say I get free food, I made sure I made it clear I pay for everything. So it's like, I'm a customer at end of the day. Regardless if you think that I'm somebody or if you think I have a status, I'm a customer and I pay my money and I want to experience everybody else.
Speaker 2: If you give a negative review on a restaurant, do you ever go back and be like, because you know, sometimes the chef might have a bad day or staff might have a bad day. People I always say that, do you ever go back and say, you know what, we'll try this again or once it's a wrap.
Speaker 3: It depends on the circumstance, and it also depends on Now we're on tour, so we're on tour, we're going around to different cities. I'm only here for a certain amount of day, so it's almost impossible to go and track back. But when I was back in Vegas, I will go back because I would have time to go back. And eventually I plan on going back to different cities or going back to different spots and then some spots.
Speaker 7: I won't go back to it's cut and slices. Not amazing.
Speaker 1: It is absolutely amazing. Yeah, you had it? What have you had it?
Speaker 2: Not yet?
Speaker 6: I have had it yet. I've heard of it, though I've heard of it a lot.
Speaker 4: It's I've had it personally. I've had it catered. When I did the Daily Show, I had it catered because it's really just that good. Which slightly did you have?
Speaker 3: I had the curry oxtail, I had the chicken and waffles, and then the I had a bunch of them. I think I had six of them, but the curry oxet was the one that stood out to me the most, the chili oxel.
Speaker 1: I think it was single.
Speaker 7: He said that here we go. He said that you that you hurt are people's business with your reviews. Have you all spoken?
Speaker 3: I made a response video, but we haven't spoke directly. I saw his response to my response and I appreciated it. But I also think a lot of it was based on uh misinformation, and a lot of it was based on I said, when I walked in, you had no idea what I do. So I get that, and people make opinions based on that, and they only see like one or two headlines and say, oh, he gave a negative review the Candies restaurant. He must be doing bad for busines. But they haven't seen the amazing things we've been blessed enough to do. And I think that just was the case with ch Ad, And once I broke it down, I think he was a understand whre I was coming from.
Speaker 4: I mean, because the reality is, you know, the reason you have the following you do is because you are clearly impactful for people's business, whether it's positive or negative.
Speaker 7: You know, so you have to that's that's being a critic.
Speaker 1: Is I think that? Yeah, I think that gets long.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's dope because a lot of times we go to these places and we don't know where to go to eat right, and we because we haven't tried the food or we just heard it, you know, and reviews online or most of them are fake a lot of times because these people do it themselves. So the fact that you got somebody that can go to the restaurant, the only thing that ever bothers me is is some people don't like a ribbean food. Some people don't like spicy food. Some people don't like this. So if you're not into that, and I am that that can you know, skew you a different way. But I think it's dope because you get to you get in effective people from the real right. And and that's that's my point. You don't really have too many people that do it that you can really say. Now, he's like me, I'm gonna try that food.
Speaker 3: You know. See, I always prett emphasis I want everybody that wants to go try it to go try it, no matter what the food is, Like, I want everybody. I don't want anybody's taste budds to be the end all be all. And I think that's what we lost on social media is that when people put their opinions out, it's like, this is my opinion and you gotta take it for the end all be all. And I feel like I always try to preemphasis that this is my opinion, this is the way I taste, and if you want to go try it, or if you think different than me, absolutely go try it.
Speaker 7: Question you said you walked out after a five minute waytime.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's too.
Speaker 4: Much for you.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it wasn't the way time. It was the fact that my family had just got a different results. It was two hours that was the issue. It wasn't the I was willing to wait in the two hours. So that's that's one thing I want to make very clear. I'm willing to wait in a three hour way time to four hour way times. I just want the same surface to everybody else.
Speaker 2: kIPS. Have you ever got threatened? I'm sure I own I had the threaten if.
Speaker 1: You get in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: They supposedly gave us step threats once we left Atlanta, But I'm covered by God.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I ain't worried about nobody excited, So you can have somebody right up, I ain't worthy nobody.
Speaker 4: Do you post like if you hate everything about the restaurant, food service, everything, Do you post those type.
Speaker 1: Of reviews constructively? Yeah?
Speaker 3: But I've been blessed enough to where I haven't really granted to that many spots like that. But yeah, absolutely constructively, because again, if I only gave positive reviews, if only gave out the good, then it wouldn't hold any weight. It only holds weight if you know I'm being honest, regardless if you agree with my taste buzz, if you don't agree with them, it only holds weight if you know, I'm authentically being myself and I can only look at myself in the mirror knowing I'm authentically be me.
Speaker 2: What food don't you do? Is there any food that you don't do? I don't like charlomage.
Speaker 3: I only alergs of shellfish. Everything else, I'm I'm open book. Yeah, my wife does when I want. When I can't have shellfish, my wife does the reviews for me. So like crab legs, shrimp and all of that.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, So you've never had that.
Speaker 1: You've always been, always been since since birth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm so sorry to.
Speaker 1: Be honest with you. Chelfers don't look that good either. No, it is my review.
Speaker 6: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Understand. Understand.
Speaker 2: Now let's talk about this. You went and got some chop cheese.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they was mad as would mad at you. What made you go to people?
Speaker 2: Was like he went to Queens to get a chop cheese?
Speaker 5: And how do you even pick that when you go into places like New York because each borough is its.
Speaker 6: Own like place.
Speaker 3: So I didn't pick anything I got it suggested. So any any place that I go to again, if it's not directly by the owner themselves. It's suggested a thousand times. So I always show the d MS or the emails that I get directly from whoever tells me to go. I get New York is a very hard market to do anything new.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: The second you try to break any tradition out here, it's a rap you try to break. I didn't try to break it. I didn't try to break it.
Speaker 3: They tried to break it because it's a black owned business that just opened not too long ago and they have a salmon chop cheese that they were trying to break into the market. But instead of it being opened or welcome with like oh they trying something new, is immediately like we don't do that over here, what you're doing, And it got towards turned towards me, which again I don't mind. I just didn't want that restaurant to be tore down, which unfortunately is being tore down as they trying to do something different. It was decent, but again I don't really I don't really like chop cheese like that. It's cool, but I don't get the it's I think it's based nostalgia. I think it's wrapped nostalgia. I think it's wrapped in the fact that you ate it growing up, or you ate it in places where you had memories tied to it, like leaving the club, leaving leaving places, like all of that has to be tied to in order it to hit.
Speaker 2: When you leave, you just need something.
Speaker 3: I believe it's attached to memories, and I feel like, since I don't have those memories, I don't get the same experience, which again I understand, but I feel like it's just one of those things. Again, it is wrapped in nostalgia, and people won't get out of that nostalgia. They just immediately see an outsider. And then New York is one of those places that have like real strong patriotism to they city. So it's like, if you're from New York, you're from New York and you don't want nobody outside in New York come in and given the opinion. But again, I'm covered by God. I go everywhere I'm supposed to go.
Speaker 2: What about Detroit? What was your favorite spot?
Speaker 3: Detroit Cony is number one, obviously, but it's a food haul that just opened. It's a black On food Haul and they have over twenty different black On restaurants in there, and we went and it.
Speaker 1: Was amazing Atlanta.
Speaker 7: Every spot in there.
Speaker 1: Every spot wasn't amazing, but it was a lot of spots where do.
Speaker 6: You actually cook yourself like I just at home.
Speaker 1: So that's how it started. That's how it originally started.
Speaker 3: Like I said, to get over my social anxiety, I would just turn the cameron and I would talk like it was three hundred people in front of me. But my wife was pregnant at the time, so at first it started with me going to get her pregnancy cravens. And then it turned into me cooking because again fighting, you would have to fighting and cooking goals is synonymous. So I literally would cook for myself four times a day and I would cook my wife four times a day. And that's how it started. And I did that for like a year straight, and within that year or two years, it took me to get to a million. It took me less than nine months to get to fifteen million.
Speaker 2: Wow, do you step outside the box? Like I know Charlomagne's talking about eating deer before or raccoon or things like that, or bear? Do you go today say.
Speaker 1: You like I know you from.
Speaker 4: I then be showed I ain't no red, I ain't.
Speaker 2: Never have you have you stepped out the box to eat?
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 3: I would I would, Yeah, I wouldn't eat bear shoulder? What bear shoulder tastes like?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: That shit was great. It tasts like beef. I had it in West Virginia.
Speaker 4: Actually, when I went to West Virginia, everything I ate they either hunted or grew themselves.
Speaker 7: So we had bed shoulder, deer hash and squirrel dumplings.
Speaker 1: Understand, Yeah, you ever try? I would? Would? I say, I would like it? I don't know.
Speaker 6: Do you ever get sick from eating food?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: I don't get sick, but so much. I don't get sick, but sometimes my stomach do be a little.
Speaker 1: But again, it comes with the job. It comes with the job.
Speaker 3: I'm blessed to be here, and I'm thankful that I'm not getting punched in the face for a living and trying to make ends meet.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: This time last year I was literally on food stamps, trying to figure out where my next meal was gonna come from. So from to be here now? Again, I don't do many media interviews. I don't do many like speaking engagements to boost who I am because I truly believe whatever's meant for me, it's gonna be for me. I just do things like this because again, it's a check off the bucket and I just want to show my kids later like, whatever you put your mind to, you can absolutely do it.
Speaker 4: So you've just been in a food critic for like the past year nine nine much Okay, okay, wow, just last year.
Speaker 7: He was going fu SAMs. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, That's another thing you could do, showing people who are on food stamps, you know, what meals they could be eating out.
Speaker 7: Like my homegirl Colleen Witch.
Speaker 4: She has a podcast called Eating While Broke and basically she brings people on to talk about, you know, affordable meals, meals that you can create on a budget.
Speaker 3: I just do what I feel like I'm supposed to do. I don't I didn't write this out. I didn't plan this out. I didn't write this out. If you would have asked me at the beginning of the year when i'd be here, I look at you and laugh. So, so what's the future, Like, whatever it's supposed to be, I'm gonna be everywhere I'm supposed to be. I believe I'm gonna walk in every room I'm supposed to be in and I So the reason we went on tour directly is because a lot of TV companies, every TV producer you can think of, each to us in March and they were planning our shows and they were putting our shows, but it was very cookie cutter. It was really like, we already had to show plan, but we just want to make you the host of it. And they kept reversing diners driving and dash at my saying that right, yeah. They kept referencing that, and they were basically like, we just want to make you the host of this show that's already created.
Speaker 1: And I don't like that.
Speaker 3: My family moves with me everywhere, so I want to make sure my family has involved in anything that I do. So I took it upon me and my family and we just hit the role on our own, and we went out to show these TV producers and these TV companies and everybody else that we're blessed enough for this to work and it can work in every market. So we just going and we're doing it on our own. So by the time we go back to these companies, we already have concrete evidence and concrete facts of how many businesses we've been blessed enough to help with the system that we have. So by the time we get there, ain't no changing up.
Speaker 6: And are you feeling right now?
Speaker 4: I would love to see that, because I when you think about it, I can think of guy Guy Fi pronounce this last name right, Anthony Boardin.
Speaker 1: We ain't got many that looked like me, not at all. Everywhere. I got dred, I got locks.
Speaker 3: I'm a black man, I got a black wife, I got black children. So it's like, it's very important.
Speaker 7: What do you think of Darius Cooks?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think of nobody.
Speaker 7: Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think nobody we got we gotta run to the rumors. But we appreciate you for joining us. And and again, I don't want you to feel like I was belittling you by saying hood whatever, No, No, What I was saying was.
Speaker 7: He's not gonna grab you after Mary. Relax.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying because I want to eplain it because I don't I don't ever want somebody to do I'm belittling him. What I wanted to What I was saying was I was doing it to saying no, I don't have a restaurant coming. But I was saying, is I love the fact that you go to restaurants that we go to. I don't see a lot of people critiquing the restaurants.
Speaker 1: That we go to, and the restaurants we go to ain ghetto.
Speaker 2: No, they said that what ghetto? He stopped saying. I said that. The reason I said that, I did not say yetto ghetto didn't come in my word. I said, you said, hood I loved the restaurant. No, I said hood. I said the restaurants that we come in my hood. When I talked about Queens, that's my hood. When I talk about Brooklyn, it was of my hoods. I don't mean ghetto. But the fact that is, you see somebody do a critique of taal, you'll see critique somebody do a critique of carbones. When it comes to a taste of seafood, or when it comes to cuts and slices, you never see that. And I love to see my own people doing it. That's what I meant by it. And I didn't mean to belive you if you felt that way, I apologized, but that.
Speaker 1: Was he didn't mean.
Speaker 6: Charlotte didn't mean to be on.
Speaker 3: His phone, you know, because I love it. I love that for you, of course, and I think you capreciate you. Also, media platforms keep un the scuorely. We just dropped merch uh and this is one thing that's really big for me. We just dropped merch and my family and myself created it. My cousin created it for us and a bunch of companies. We was going back and forth because they really wanted us to charge the highest because it's a really high quality. They wanted me to charge one hundred and eighty to one hundred nine jollas for our hoodies. We charged seventy five. They want us to charge one hundred and twenty one hundred and thirty for our t shirts. We charged in forty five. Because the profit isn't the mango for me. The mang goal is to have people who follow me and people who support me to be and stuff that I am proud of and stuff that I will wear, and I just walk on my purpose and I'm just apprecia to be here.
Speaker 7: You can give me one for free so I can critique it and see if the fabrics.
Speaker 6: You don't get nothing for free, so you need to buy it.
Speaker 1: God bless y'all, appreciate you'a having.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Coming love for y'all.
Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club