Speaker 1: Look at those reasons dance.
Speaker 2: That is so cool.
Speaker 1: Billy.
Speaker 3: Hi, everyone, what are you looking at?
Speaker 2: Billy? By raisins in a job water and.
Speaker 3: Now they're did see that is cool?
Speaker 2: But how did you do it? Billy?
Speaker 1: How did you make the raisins.
Speaker 2: Dance like that?
Speaker 3: Ah? Billy says he used science. Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning Lingo Kids listeners, Today, we will be doing a science experiment. If you want to try it at home along with us, you may want to pause the episode and have a grown up help you gather these materials. A few reasons or peaswork too, A glass jar, a half cup of water, a quarter cup of vinegar, and a half teaspoon of baking soda. You can also find this list in the episode description.
Speaker 4: Don't worry, I'm getting all the materials.
Speaker 3: Thank you, elliot. Just remember when doing a science experiment, the most important thing is to be safe, be extra careful with all the materials, and always have a grown up help.
Speaker 1: You excuse me, I'm ready to start.
Speaker 3: The spirit Yes, Cowie, let's make sure we have all of our materials.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can do it.
Speaker 3: I made a checklist. Do we have raised its?
Speaker 1: Check out glass?
Speaker 2: Jie?
Speaker 4: Oh, will you very careful with that one? I will check.
Speaker 2: Half a cup of water? Shit, Allie, you spurt me? Oops? Sorry, Cowie?
Speaker 3: A quarter a cup of vinegar? Check, yes, Billy, vinegar does have a strong smell. That's a good observation.
Speaker 4: What's an observation?
Speaker 2: Is it on our list?
Speaker 3: No? An observation is something you notice. Scientists make careful observations about how the experiment looks and sounds and spells. Oh, okay, last thing we need is a half teaspoon of baking soda.
Speaker 1: Baking soda. Shit.
Speaker 3: Billy says, we are ready for the experiment. Lingo, kids, listeners, are you ready to?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do we do?
Speaker 3: First? Billy says. Step one is to pour the water into the glass jar Lingo, kids, listeners, you can do it too, great job pouring, Cowie. Step two, add the vinegar to the water.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm adding the vinegar. Smelling the vinegar?
Speaker 2: Can you? Is it time for the raisins yet? I can't wait?
Speaker 3: Not yet, Billy says. Step three is to add the baking soda one small pinch at the time.
Speaker 1: Oh it's fusy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at a little boot.
Speaker 4: That's a good serviation.
Speaker 3: Okay, last step, Drop in a few raisins, one at a time.
Speaker 1: Oh no, nothing is happening.
Speaker 3: That's okay, Elliott. It's an experiment. You never know exactly what will or won't happen.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 1: Look, one of the raisins is floating to the tail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're moving. Another one.
Speaker 3: They are moving up and down and this Billy says, the raisins are not actually dancing.
Speaker 1: They aren't And what are they doing?
Speaker 3: Let's observe lingo kids, listeners, are your raisins moving too? Okay? Scientists, what do you think makes the raisins move?
Speaker 2: Is it magic? Is it the music?
Speaker 1: Music makes me move?
Speaker 2: Hmmm, I think.
Speaker 3: It's the bubbles.
Speaker 1: Look when the bubbles slow down, the reasins don't move.
Speaker 3: It much interesting observation, Lisa, Billy says, Lisa is on the right track. The raisins are riding on gas bubbles.
Speaker 4: Whoooo, riding on bubbles sound fun?
Speaker 3: It does sound fun. Can anyone guess where those gas bubbles came from?
Speaker 2: It all started when.
Speaker 4: Lisa added the bacon soda.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, Baking soda.
Speaker 3: Dinny Billy says that when you add baking soda to vinegar, it makes gas bubbles that cling to the raisins. This lets the raisins float.
Speaker 2: To the top.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's kind of like using a fluting.
Speaker 2: Toy in the book.
Speaker 3: Good point, Lisa. But when the bubble gets the top and pops, what do you think happens to the rasa?
Speaker 2: Hmmm, the raisins fall that down? Cool?
Speaker 1: What about this one little race?
Speaker 2: It never moved? Yeah? Why didn't it move?
Speaker 3: Billy says he's not sure. Maybe it was a little heavier and the bubbles couldn't lift it.
Speaker 4: Up, or maybe they're just war enough bubbles. Oh, can we add more bubbles?
Speaker 2: Good idea? Can we?
Speaker 3: But how, Lingo kids listeners, how would you add more bubbles to the jar? Good idea? Try adding a few more pinches of baking soda.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm adding it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to try to give it a little stir.
Speaker 3: Look, I think it's working.
Speaker 1: The reason is starting to move.
Speaker 3: Let's add another pinch.
Speaker 1: We did it this.
Speaker 3: Lingo Kids listeners, You can experiment more with the dancing raisins. Experiment at home. Try using ps or small pieces of macaroni instead of raisins. What works best? You can record a video of your experiment and share it with us via Instagram. Just tag at lingo. Kids join us next episode to continue play learning together.