Speaker 1: Welcome to Money Making Conversations.
Speaker 2: It's to show that she is the secrets of success experience firsthand by marketing and Brandon expert Rashan McDonald. I will know he's giving me advice on many occasions. And in case you didn't notice, I'm not broke. You know he'll be interviewing celebrity CEOs, entrepreneurs and industry decision make because it's what he likes to do, it's what he likes to share. Now it's time to hear from my man, Rashan McDonald. Money Making Conversations.
Speaker 1: Here we come. I'm fired up, I'm ready to go. I'm fired up. I'm ready to go. Fired up. Welcome to the Money Making Conversation Masterclass. I am your host, Rashaan McDonald. You know I'm motto, never let your age be an excuse in pursuing your dreams. I don't care if you thirty, forty, fifty, sixty, seventy, wake up and realize that you can live your dream and fulfill it with a plan and hard work. But a lot of people think they get a certain age. They gotta to just stop. They gotta stop because I recognize that we all have different definitions of sex. For you, it maybe the size of your paycheck. Mine's inspiring you to accomplish your goals and live your very best life. I tell everybody this time to start reading other people's success stories and start living your own. People always talking about their purpose or gift. If you have a gift, leave with your gift, and don't let your friends, family, or co worker stop you from planning or living your dreams. Let's have it. Let's make it happen. Well, she's on the phone, and that's why I'm so excited to get this interview started. My guess it's a very popular reality TV star, Attorney Tiffany Halls. Attorney Halls is ready to discuss her life after ladies who list the reality so she started, but her real life skills as a legal expert or her real superpower as hashtag everybody's favorite closing attorney, as well as new life pursuits. We discussing at all because I hadn't had it on the show in two years, and she was supposed to come back really really quick, but two years later, maybe really really quick to her. We're going to discuss that matter. We're going to trust some marriage family entrepreneurship. Let's talk about the Halls Law firm, which is committed to complete and integrit and servicing their clients. They specialize. This is the Halls Halls Laws might at h Awe S. Tiffany Halls her law firm in real estate closing a home, loan closing, refinanced closing, real estate contract review, and title insurance matters, which if you know, when you buy a house, that's that whoa whoa whoa big old stack of papers they give you the sign. She'll be sharing with us her multi millionaire success secrets and specific tips on how she built her law practice from scratch to multiple seven figures and she did it all on social media as to well, she's been telling us for years how to do this. Now you're gonna come on Money Making Conversations and tell us because she been. If you follow on social media, you know she's telling the truth. Please welco with the Money Making Conversations, Master Life Attorney, Tiffany Halls. How you doing?
Speaker 3: I am good? How are you doing?
Speaker 1: Two years? Tiffany? Two years? Two years?
Speaker 3: Two years? Is doing? Over me? With everything going on.
Speaker 1: In the interview was a fan fantastic We hit it off, you know, you know, because you have I'm a big fan of yours, you know, because I love it with individuals you know who have these multi lifetime when they multilifestyle. You know, you're married, you're acting, you you're on TV, and then you have to deal with other legal issues, which is like a multitude of hats. You're an entrepreneur, you employ people, you know, your roade Eye, COVID and all those things, and so you not coming back on the show immediately, didn't It's just a tease because I'm such a big fan of yours. How are you doing?
Speaker 3: I am good and thank you so much your show and your people, your audience even when we did the show two years ago, reached out to me after the show. So I am happy to be back and I'm just glad that you're here.
Speaker 1: Yes, well let's get out of the way. How can how can my audience reach out to your contact you for your services as a lawyer.
Speaker 3: Well, definitely, I am on the Internet and all aspects, so I am on all social media platforms. Tiffany Hawes, that's Tiffany with an eye. You can find my business the Hawes Law Firm website www dot Thehaws Law Firm, dot com and any which of those ways you're able to get in contact with me, right, and.
Speaker 1: So getting contacted you there's always I remember when I interviewed your first time, it's always when you are a person, you know, just reality shows, because reality shows kind of push the envelope and you're a true professional. Let's say a true professional. You went to college, you got your law degree, you have a law firm, you have a practice, and sometimes a reality show can blur the reality of is is she really a lawyer? Did you have to deal with that?
Speaker 3: I definitely did not have to deal with that. Congratulations not to do with that, because I was the same person on television as I am in person, and so there was no difference. I think what ends up happening with reality TV is that you have the television persona of who everyone thinks that you are or what you're portraying yourself to be, and then you have your social media persona, and then you have real life. All three of mine matchups. So for me, it wasn't anything that I really had to honestly deal with after television.
Speaker 1: So let's go back a little bit with the show, you know, ladies who lists? How were you approached to do that show and why did you do the show?
Speaker 3: So? I was approached to do the show because they were looking for a show in Atlanta about real estate and they wanted it to highlight African American business real estate women. And so when you're talking about Atlanta and real estate, because I've utilized social media in a way to put myself in my brand out there when you would have no other choice but to see like, oh, who is she? You know, because he's branded herself in a way where you know, my hashtag everyone's favorite closing attorney. And so because of all the hard work that I did over over the years to brand myself on social media, I was found to be one of the ones that they were interested in, you know, doing the show with.
Speaker 1: Now now they found you? Now still were you? Was it a goal? Because you're watching TV, You're watching you know, you're pretty smart than the whole practice that really reality, The TVs could be a giant infocommercial. You can use it to market your brand, you know, put your products out there if that's what you're going into it. So when they come through youse already, like I said, you are not intimidated about being a law professional using social media to grow your brain. You were not intimidated about that. You saw the advantages of that. When they approached you, what ran through your mind and did you have any stipulations.
Speaker 3: So when they approached me to do the show, because the show was centered around real estate, and real estate is what one hundred percent did every single day, I saw it as an opportunity. I saw it as a place for me to even further grow my brand and the reality of social media. You know, you're already in front of tons of people. So being on television wasn't scary, but it also wasn't something that I sought after. I never I've never wanted to like, I've never had a desire to be on television. I've always had the desire to be an attorney. And so I reached that goal. And in me being an attorney and in me focusing on one area, which you know, of course, is will estate. When you become that expert on it, then people will seek you out for your expertise, right, you know, mine is real estate. And so that's what happened.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's interesting because you know, you you know you're successful, let's be true about you know, and that's what You're an attractive person and those equalities, and then you your social media savvy and you're an attorney. Those qualities. Did you did anybody tell you, Oh, no, Tiffany, you're crazy. You shouldn't do that. What would the what would the feedback when? Because you have to share this information with people that you love, what you were, who you respect, How did they approach you about being on a reality show. Let's go, let's go do the elephant the room. Reality shows don't look good to everybody.
Speaker 3: Right, And I did get that more so from my husband, Thank you.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to bring that up. I didn't want to bring that up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my husband's very conservative, not on any social media platform, never has been, and he's very private and so, wow, you drugged.
Speaker 1: Your very private husband.
Speaker 3: I want it. Wow, extremely private. I mean for it to be an his day and age and him not to even have a social media that kind of explains to you how private he is. And so he had tons of concerns. He had concerns about, you know, what is this going to do for the family, because you know they want negativity? What is it going to do for your business because they might try to harness you know, your business.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: But like I explained to him and others that may have had those concerns, when you're when you walk in who you are, all aspects of life, whether there's cameras or not, it's going to be really difficult for people to turn what you do into negative. So if I'm purporting to be something that I'm not, then it's going to be easy to say, oh, well, these are the negative things or whatever. But in my case, I wanted to I don't know how to be anyone else but me, so in my marriage and my family and my business, and even as a reality TV show star, it was just another day. And I kept that same perspective when it came to the entire show, and you know, throughout the filming, you know, it made my husband a little bit more comfortable. I mean, he's still I mean, he asked if he would rather be television or not, he's always gonna say no.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, you know he really got that. I saw some episodes, you know, he really got comfortable. He really got into the show. A couple of episodes. You know, he realized that he realized what it is. You know the thing about it is that I really appreciated the approach that you guys took and and and just blame your family. And I think this was all about design because everything's produced and and I guess what I'm trying to make everybody understand is that there are people who do these reality shows and that's the level that they want to showcase. They want to show that that energy, they want to show maybe in that negativity. And so when you when you look at these other shows out there and you saw what your show was doing, did anybody try to push donvelope as far as producing? You said, Nope, that's not me. As not attorney at Tiffany Halls.
Speaker 3: I think with reality TV, so this is what I tell people. They can't film break it down to us, different break it down to us. They can't film something that you did not do or say yes, if you saw it, then it happened. What reality television? What happens in reality TV? They give you these things called they're called beats. So if I'm being filmed, they're gonna say, hey, we at least want you to bring up X, Y and Z.
Speaker 1: That's the producing part. They're not writing it.
Speaker 3: You just bring this up exactly. We need these issues brought up, right, however, y'all bring them up. Bring them up. So if somebody were to bring up an issue with with me, my response is going to be whatever my response sponse is going to be. And so if you bring up an issue with me and you're fishing for let's say, drama, or you're fishing for a response that's going to excite the people, more than likely you're not going to get that out of me if that's not my true response. If I don't care about something, I don't, I'm not going to fake care about it on national television so that I have a bigger or wider audience or so that they can see this dramatic side of me. Because remember I didn't come on television to be a star. It was an opportunity presented to me for what I did professionally as a professional attorney. You know, I mean, And even in that aspect, I'm just I'm chilled, you know. And if I don't if I don't talk to you, I don't talk to you. If I don't have an issue with something, I don't have an issue for something, and I'm not going to make it an issue or make it bigger than what I would in real life, just because there are cameras in front of me. It's just not it's not my personality.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm talking to attorney Tiffany Hall's attorney, Tiffany Halls. You know you've seen her on Ladies Who List, very popular reality TV show. So what is life you know after the Ladies Who Lists? Give us, give us some like some buzzwords so I can sell everybody to come back. We're about to do some at another level here, Tiffany, And.
Speaker 3: So life after Ladies Who List is my life during and before Ladies Who I am still out here slaying in real estate in these Atlantic I'm definitely when I do go out, you know, I do you know people are you know well aware of who I am beyond you know, my social media presence. So but yeah, I'm still the same.
Speaker 1: Oh you gonna do? Are you gonna do TV again?
Speaker 3: It all depends on, you know, the opportunity. I'm all about if if an opportunity is presented to me and I'm able to.
Speaker 1: Say, you might be a TV judge? How about that? How about will you be.
Speaker 3: A TV judge? I'll be whatever guy, come on.
Speaker 1: That Judge Halls, come on that, come on that people school.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know if they want to judge Halls. You know, I love the real judges that give real responsible what they're gonna get from me.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I appreciate that we're talking to Attorney Tiffany Halls. When we come back, we go. It's all about the real estate. It's all about how you can maximize and grow your social media. It's all about understanding how to take your balance and appreci your balance. I'm talking about that bottom line. Right after this break.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back with more money Making conversations Masterclass with rough Shawn McDonald. You are now tuned into the money making conversations, many of them Operation with Rashawn McDonald.
Speaker 1: Kurk Franklin is a sixteen time Grammy winning artist, songwriter, producer, concert promoter, and recently he was inducted into the Hall of Fame by Stevie Wanner's powerhouse radio station KJLH one on two point three FM. Kirk has never been one to stand still. We talked about his new podcast and why it is important to diversify.
Speaker 5: I'm honored at whatever capacity, to be able to do life with people, to be able to be part of people's journey for God, to to loanely words of music or whatever that I can borrow from him, to just be a catalyst. That's something that I take a great level of humility and responsibility in And it was never my intent to try to do something that would be left of center. That was that was That was never my tippy.
Speaker 1: If you want to hear this full interview with Kurt Franklin, visit money Making Conversation dot com. Keep on in.
Speaker 4: Now let's return to Money Making Conversations Masterclass with Rashawn McDonald.
Speaker 1: This has always been very popular in legal profession, but a reality TV show made even bigger. It's Attorney in Tiffany Halls. But the thing that I enjoy when I bring individuals on that have multi levels of income, that have multi levels of structuring their life, because it's a very complicated life because you have to deal with it on a databasis and you have to have one personality. Otherwise, when you have levels of personality and people could people can like avoid you with play. So can you tell us, Tiffany, how does your day start? What time you get up, what's a typical day when you start, Let's say Monday morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Monday mornings, of course, they're always crazier than any other days because you're coming off the weekend, and the weekend is where you know, real estate really happens. That's when people are going under.
Speaker 1: Conci So so Monday and Friday are probably big days for you then.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, Monday getting new contracts, Fridays closing on contracts. So yeah, so my Mondays is, you know, I probably wake up around seven and I work out. You know, it really helps, you know, with my mental health and just you know, staying focused. Right now, it's the summertime, so I get my kids ready and take them to camp, and then I head into the office and it's on to deal with all the many issues that come with real estate. I mean, every day is a new day. And you know, I've been doing this long enough, but I swear new issues come every single day, and so you know, it just goes to tackling those issues and then as soon as I'm done with that, I'm back to being a mom picking up kids and you know, going to practice and doing the rest.
Speaker 1: Now, now, let's talk about this real estate. Now to get into what you're doing, you're closing attorney. Correct. Does one have to be a lawyer to do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so in Georgia you are required to sign your closing documents in front of a license to Georgia attorney, and so for in Georgia it is a requirement. And others say it's like Florida. You don't have to be a license attorney in order to do what I do on a daily basis. But here we are definitely a necessary party of a transaction being an attorney.
Speaker 1: You know, whenever I'm on the show, you know, one of the questions I get asked all the time is, especially from entrepreneurs, is social media? How do you use effectively use social media? Like you said, your hashtag everyone loves, Everyone's Favorite closing attorney is your hashtag that you've used and you've built out. And if anybody don't know about hashtag, they're very effective because once you use it and you do a search on it, and then this shows all your posts and you show people all engaged in that whole little it's almost like creating a little group that's tied to your your hashtags. And so it's very smart to use hashtags, and her hashtag is everyone's favorite closing attorney. How did you? How did you learn the master that part of the social media game.
Speaker 3: Well, with social with social media, the biggest thing about social media is being consistent. People don't know what you're doing until you remind them, and you have to do so on a daily basis. And so when I found that formula of being consistent and posting all the time, then you want to give something that people can remember. People may not always remember your name like Pivity Halls or what's the law firm name? They may forget that, but if you put your hashtag there enough, they're going to remember that hashtag and in order to find you, they may just go to the hashtag everyone's favorite, you know, close an attorney. And so it's that little saying that reminds people of who you are. They may not remember my name personally, they may just remember how I look, or they may just remember that hashtag. And so it's just a quick way to remind people what you do and for them to be able to find you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, in the social media game, everybody's into numbers. You know, how many followers or likes. What is I'm just I'm not asking you be an expert, but you in the so you know how people react and when people will make you an influencer and all these things. What's a nice range When you feel that you have an effective of social media? Number of followers are likes that impacted you?
Speaker 3: I don't think the number of followers or likes impacted my business. I think it was the quality right engagement the people who I wanted to follow me. It was about them following me. So even when I had let's say less than ten thousand followers who was following me will estate agents, those are the people that I wanted to follow me because those are the people that would have the greatest impact on my business. And so I don't think it's the number of followers that you have. For some people, they do care about that because they feel like it gives you some type of credibility. But for most people, they don't care about it. They care about if you're giving really good information or whatever product or service that you have if they needed at that time. And so for business people, if you're focusing on social media, don't focus on the amount of followers that you have or the amount of likes that you have. Focus on getting the right people to follow you. So for me, as you get a closing attorney, I want real estate agents to follow me. So what am I going to do. I'm going to go follow real estate agents. I'm going to go on their page and I'm going to engage with them. I'm going to like their posts. I'm going to comment under their posts. I'm going to DM them, you know when they have nice stories going on, because I want them to follow me so that when I post my information, they utilize my business. Okay, So I think it's more about the quality of followers than it is the quantity of them.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool. This is important because because like I had, you know, I had other people running my social media account and so I took it over. They liked what they were doing with it, and they had me following thirteen hundred people, and I have like eight hundred and sixty thousand Facebook followers and I and I didn't even know these people. I didn't know who they were, and that reduced I just started just unfollowing these people. I'm down at one hundred and ninety eight people that I kind of that I know and so so, so that's what you're saying, ra Sean. If you're going to follow somebody, follow somebody that that that you know, that has a sense of purpose as to why you're follow them. Because when you follow them, when you post, you go on their feed or do they their feed goes on your feed when you follow them? How does that work? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So on on Facebook, when your friends, it doesn't matter. You get to see, you know, whatever they do, or they get to see whatever you do. But on Instagram, in order for people to see what you're doing, they have to actually follow you. And so a lot of times you got to work for the follow. People just don't follow you just because I mean maybe back you know, a few years ago, but now people are very intentional about who they follow, So you have to give people a reason to follow you. You have to make sure when people come to my page, if they're a real estate agent, they're gonna follow me because the content that I'm giving is actually gonna help them in some way with their business. So I have to earn that. So I can't just post, you know, random things all the time or cute pictures. I have to give information that's going to be useful for them and their business because they got to work for their follow They need to be following me for a reason and not just just to be following.
Speaker 1: And that's really true. That's really true because you know, I'm an influencer when it comes to food. Now, I've tried. Now I post something about something else, and when I post my breakfast, you know, thousand two thousand likes I post something else. They can't care less. So you're saying, and I'm hearing this clear and everybody she's is if you're going to have followers, make sure you appeal to the people who follow you and also have a reason for other people to follow you. That's what you're saying. Correct, Attorney Halls, Correct. Yeah, so she's you know this is this is like this is free service she give me right now in regards to social media. Now, when you when you talk about your specific tips that you could about being successful, because you and some terms I consider a multi millionaire, how did you get there?
Speaker 3: A lot of hard work, focused, being burnt out from working so hard. And so what I tell people is number one, figure out what you want to do, whatever that is, give all your energy to it. So I knew I wanted to be an attorney. So even though you know, I had bills to pay, I kept my job and then went to law school at night. So I stayed on path to what I wanted to do, went to law school at night, graduated, opened up my business. And when I opened up the business, I was willing to do any and everything legally in order to make my business successful. So if that meant staying up till one o'clock at night, That's what I was going to do. And so when I did open my business, it was isn't easy. The first year, I think I made ten thousand dollars. I didn't make a lot of money, and I had to figure out what was going to be my best source of getting my clients and your traditional marketing sources of like going out shaking hands. I was uncomfortable and I didn't have time. And so when I finally found my niche, which was social media, then I focused on that and it became how can I be consistent? How can I get the attention of people? And of course this took years. This wasn't like an overnight success story. It took one client believing in me, and then me believing that this was actually gonna work, and then finding more and more and more, and as the years went on, then of course I was able to build my business. And in building my business, I became a resource for people. I became a trusted, knowledgeable attorney that was able to give good information that would help agents because that's my business source, increase their business and we grow together in this industry.
Speaker 1: Wow, I have learned a lot today, and I'm a know it all everybody. I'm a know it all. And when you get educated because you do know social media, that's important. And I'm talking to attorney Tiffany Halls, the Hall's Lure Firm. Everybody's committed to complete integrity and servicing their clients. They specialize in real estate, contract review and title insurance matters, home closing, home loan closing, refinance closing, real estate closing. You do it all, but more importantly, how can they reach out to you?
Speaker 3: They can reach out to me. You can find me on Instagram Tiffany Hawes Underscore Haws Lawyers. That is where I am most active at. That is where I accept you know, the DMS and all of those things. You can also contact my office www. Dot Thehawslawfirm dot com. All the contact information is located on my website and if you see me out speak and you have questions answer.
Speaker 1: I love it, But first of all, don't let it be two years because I will I will see you in the streets and it won't go good for our relationship. It won't go good for our relationship because you're fantastic. You came on the show, you laid down some tremendous information, and I like to bring you back when you have time, because I think the whole level of education you give it my audience about social media has never been expounded on the show like that. That tremendous education, tremendous knowledge, and we all as entrepreneurs are running around trying to figure out how to use this potential free service to our advantage because it's global. It really is global when you make a post. And thank your getting attorney Tiffany Hall for coming on Money Making Conversation master Class.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you for having me anytime.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll talk soon. Thank you for coming on my show. I want to thank you guys for listening to my show again. I'd be back next week as I am every week with a new set of people who are going to make a difference in your life. Talk to you soon. Money Making Conversation Master Class with Shawn McDonald. I'm out.
Speaker 4: Thank you for joining us for this edition of Money Making Conversations Masterclass. Money Making Conversations Masterclass with rough Shan McDonald is produced by thirty eight to fifteen Media Inc. More information about thirty eight to fifteen Media Inc. Is available at thirty eight to fifteen Media dot com. And always remember to lead with your gifts.
Speaker 6: HBCUs represent Black excellence. If you attend or are an alumnus of an HBCU, we want to hear about your story. The My HBCU Story digital Library will allow current HBCU students and alumni to share their stories. Registration is open to everyone. More information is available at HBCU College day dot com. Click my HBCU Story. Next, you can upload a photo. The photo can be recent or from when you attended your HBCU. Then share your academic or social experience at your HBCU, which can be your favorite class, hangout, joint, homecoming game, student center, honor, off campus party, Greek show, and how attending an HBCU changed your life. We also want to hear stories if you pleased a fraternity or sorority. The goal is to use your my HBCU story to promote and uplift the HBCU brand. Your HBCU prepared you for success, and now we want everyone to read about your black excellence. More information is available at HBCU college day dot com. You can click my HBCU story to share your story