Speaker 1: And That's What You Really Missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and That's What You Really miss Podcast. This is a special special recap. It is Christmas time in Glee world and it's Matthew Morrison's directing debut. Oh my gosh, I'm really keeping it in the fam. It's an extraordinary.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas, you witch. I did that episode Season three, episode nine, Extraordinary Merry Christmas aired December thirteenth, twenty eleven. We Found Love was still number one in the world. Well in the US. New Year's Eve featuring Galizon Leah Michelle was the number one movie. Remember going to that premiere? Did you go to that premiere?
Speaker 1: No, we couldn't go. I think Emer and I were shooting.
Speaker 2: Oh I went to that premiere. I brought my friend Amy because zach efron I was like, let me go get you, get your man for you.
Speaker 1: And Glee was also the concert movie was released on DVD and Blu ray in the US.
Speaker 2: So what a Christmas gift for everyone.
Speaker 1: So this episode was directed by Matthew Morrison and Marty Knoxon wrote it. We had Marty for a short while on the show. As a writer, and we've got some. We've got some quite a few Christmas songs.
Speaker 2: I mean there was a song that was cut. Including that song, ten songs were recorded and filmed for this episode, one of the most ever. Wow, so we have all you want for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Is you?
Speaker 2: Blue? Christmas River, extraordinary, Merry Christmas. Let its know my favorite things. Santa Claus is coming to town Christmas rapping, and do they know It's Christmas? And then the cut one was Santa Baby.
Speaker 1: Wow, Oh my goodness, Well that's in a whole album on its own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: Was There's some fun facts about this episode before we dive in, because I feel like there's lots of fun memories from this episode. This episode was there was, It was kind of all over the place. Though we had a variety shows, we've had storyline, a lot of storylines. Okay. The girl who acted as the younger version of Rachel in the episode of The Substitute when mister Shure was sick can also be seen in the do they Know It's Christmas scene? Your rewalk I guess we revisit the Christmas before the year before and Tina tells everybody the rewalk broke the next day.
Speaker 2: Which I remember in the scene, we're like, oh, so that's what happened to it, because we didn't know either. Is the company like that, because that sounds probably bad. Lucasfilm gave glead permission to use Chewbacca for a scene, but nothing else, which is why you don't hear any of the music that accompanies his appearance, like the John Williams theme. And I think that very obvious and funny reference to Puck and Finn not being dressed up as jedis and he's definitely not holding a lightsaber and any reference to that is merely a coincidence.
Speaker 1: Okay, there is a big sub section here of fun facts because there is a deleted scene one of the men. A very few scenes that have been released by Ryan Murphy on YouTube that you know, people have been able to see. So this was the box scene, and this scene was between Kurt and Blaine. You could see it on YouTube where Blaine gives Kurt a handmade promise ring. So the episode aired and it was teased before that there was going to be a significant curtain Blaine scene, and the phantom obviously went crazy. But then when the episode aired and the scene was not included, the fans went cuckoo banana pants into a spiral. So sources confirmed to the entertainment websites that the scene had been cut. Kevin. But but the problem is that that nobody saw it and as they teased it and they're like, what the hell is this scene?
Speaker 2: Yeah, people's hopes up and then crushed them very quickly, right, But there was a sort of rebellion.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm mm hmmm. The script the script. Yeah, So the script for the episode appeared on an auction for Project Angel Food and two fans two fans decided to take charge and organize a fundraiser to bid on the script said script. They raised over thirteen thousands, all goes to Projecting for Food. We loved it. They got they got the script, and it became known as the Box Scene Project. And I mean, I think part of the reason behind the whole project was that this is written here that Glee got a lot of press remain streaming queer teenagers, But fans of the show say the actual moments of queer affection on the show were few and far between. So we saw a lot of current faw a lot of finn and Rachel affection lots of and apparently Finn and Rachel kissed more in a single episode than Curtain Blaine had in their entire relationship on TV. Also, Santana and Brittany barely being affectionate. So when it became clear that bits of those couples moments were hitting the cutting room floor, the fans took action and they felt like Lee may have been one of the most gay friendly TV shows, but the lack of equality and it's gained straight romantic relationships has been a thorn in the side of many fans.
Speaker 2: And of course Ryan has his finger on the pulse of everything, and he heard about it. So then he released the scene on YouTube and it's only one of the few times, so there's like a handful of times, and you can go watch it and let us know. I mean, I think you watched it, and it's apparent why it was cut.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's not exactly. No, no, no, it's a little lackluster.
Speaker 2: Yeah it did.
Speaker 1: Also, there was so much happening in this episode, which we'll talk about that while we would love to see that, we already know how they feel each other about each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing, and you don't need that scene to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly didn't move the platform at all.
Speaker 2: And now I'm more upset about Santa Baby being cut.
Speaker 1: I've watched it a million times. I'm upset that it got cut. Yeah, but I'm also like, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was so like, well, why was this in it in the first place? But also it's so good.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know it's so good, but also like I feel like it's in the episode, Like in my mind it's in the episode.
Speaker 2: Same I think because of like people online and like well the Christmas soundtracks as well, but I think it's become like part of the Lord or whatever, and so like it's just been in rotation so in my head and never was not part of the experience of the episode, to.
Speaker 1: Be fair well, we also when we do Snick's Missus every year, we usually go through clips and things and see if there's stuff we can use, and that one always comes up.
Speaker 2: Do you remember this thing with the box scene, like any of this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I vaguely remember online because of Twitter at the time. Like the fundraiser I remember that, and the script I don't actually remember like the whole thing being cut and like all of that, but I just remember the babble of like people raising money and all of that during the during that time, I mean, good for them, thirteen amazing, that's incredible. We have really amazing fans. Yeah, especially trying to keep the show to a certain standard, which that's right. Can't be mad at real love it. So this episode is about when the new directions are asked to perform at two different events on the same day, same time. They have a tough decision to make.
Speaker 2: Will they choose correctly and spread Christmas cheer or will ambition get the best of them?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Alreadie will what will happen?
Speaker 2: What a weird storyline?
Speaker 1: Well, I love you as direct or. I will say that I love this theme of you being in the position of a director. It's really great.
Speaker 2: I was I remember being very excited. So what happens is Shoe comes in and tells us that the local PBS station canceled their Yule log burning broadcast and the station manager has enlisted the Glee Club for a crisis special, and Shoe appoints already to direct it and already agrees to do it eventually for less than eight hundred dollars. Mind you, I mean it was a few years ago. I mean still, I don't think the nineteen twenties it could have done this for eight hundred dollars, the advent of film, and it was inspired by Star Wars and Judy Garland and I just anytime I got to do directing things. I was just excited because I was trying to do a nod to Ryan always where my hands were placed, how I was talking a bit. I had to tone it down because I originally started doing like a full Riign impression, and obviously it made no sense. But I was just very excited to do that, And yeah, it was fun. It was weird. You know that scene in the auditorium after Rachel, which is funny, and I liked getting to do like a one on one little thing with her. And Artie's never really nice to Rachel, but it's like she's shocked by it. And that was always like a fun back and forth thing. Yeah, you guys are it's weird. Interaction with Sam about being like we're just doing joy joyed, ignoring Sam's advice and experience was weird.
Speaker 1: It's a little Artie. It tracks with the way I already act. Sometimes it does.
Speaker 2: And you know, it's just weird like for me as like a human.
Speaker 1: Non totally totally. It is funny though I already has a vision and he is just he's committed. He has committed and I appreciate it. And I thought all of this was very funny. I thought you were a little like Judy Garl and Star Wars thing in the hallway, That little like speech was very funny and very well delivered. I was like, Wow, Kevin's really giving it and see it very funny.
Speaker 2: Well, you know where Kevin didn't give it is when the pretell eventually does show up to the shelter at the end, and I I must have been asleep.
Speaker 1: Oh everybody was Kevin do?
Speaker 2: And nothing I said came out correctly like I was not speaking like how normal human speaks.
Speaker 1: Well, I also have to say, granted, like for people who don't know who will learn in this episode what that was like for us that night, like that was the night before Thanksgiving break and it was a very late night. Everybody looks like there's they were just woken.
Speaker 2: Up, yeah and about like nobody.
Speaker 1: Yes, everybody was panicked, but it was being it was so rushed getting those scenes of you coming in to the thing and saying your lines. I remember, I think you got that in one take, Like I think we had to do that in one take. Like I'm not kidding, Like all of this stuff felt like it was so crazy and everybody looked a little cross eyed. Yeah it so we'll get there. But I will say, given the circumstances of what you had to do, how you had to do it, it was you did it.
Speaker 2: Thanks, yeah, but you know it could.
Speaker 1: Have been better, Okay, But I will say that the show itself, the show, the Christmas special turned out great. It was very funny. It was really fun to shoot. Matt actually had three cameras going, like a variety show would be shot back in that day. Now, Glee was only shot on a single camera at a time, well maybe two, but it's single camera, and this was a multi caam where there are three cameras going like a Friends or a Big Bang theory. And that's why you see us like turn to different cameras and you know, make different points of view. I don't know what am I saying.
Speaker 2: I remember the blocking for that, like it was all of that planned out. I mean it must have been, but I feel like that's the must it's such a long segment. Yes, I was not in it. I was not there. I had days off. But I don't remember how many days it was to film.
Speaker 1: All of that. It wasn't a lot, it was no no. I think it might have been two. I think they did the first segment with the four of them, and then I think we did Christmas wrapping into the end another day. I remember it was two days. I think. I think when they were shooting the Variety Show we were doing we were rehearsing Christmas wrapping.
Speaker 2: I mean, I love the Variety Show. Everybody's out of their minds and the best way amazing. Everybody looks great. It's so funny. The weird story with the necklace and getting online for it is hilarious. I love all the references like this is my best friend and roommate. All that being said, Christmas wrapping is one of the biggest sources of joy in my life. I'm so glad because I really loved that number. That number two. I can watch on repeat and I was like, I hope it's in it. I think it's in it. I think it's in it. And then you guys come bursting to the door, and I shouted, he's never been better.
Speaker 1: Oh so good, so good, like never been better. It was so much fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk about learning that and doing it.
Speaker 1: I know it was. It was really fast. We were learning that, like I think Nya and Heather and I came in later to learn it after all the other wonderful dancers learned that number. But it was fast. I had never done that before Ribbons. I was like, what are we doing? But it was so much f on plug and play kind of thing. I had so much fun with Naya doing that number. It was just like you got to add your little flair. It was ridiculous. We all looked really cute, like I loved Santa outfits I and then also the cameras. But I also remember that day being really fast, Like this whole episode to me felt fast, like everything we shot was like there's a lot of stuff in so let's just do it and you're like, oh my god. And I think we did Christmas mapping maybe a few, like maybe a few times, and that was.
Speaker 2: It, really, I mean, whatever, whatever it was, it worked. I also think because there was a lot of a lot of these scenes were sort of long, Like you said, a lot of talking, so there was a lot the blocking of it, the staging of everything took a while, I remember, yeah, And I think there's also something with like maybe because it's Matt's first time directing mm hmmm, which I also thought he did a great job because some of these shots in your are hilarious.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, great, exactly.
Speaker 2: The timing of it is really really great. But I also think there's probably like a learning curve there too, where oh yeah, the discussion of okay, how do we want to cover this, where we're covering this from right, all of that stuff, I think, well, taking it up a little more time at the front end of.
Speaker 1: The totally well right, because I think it has to be rehearsed. Like on our show. We show up in the morning, we go through the scene, we talk through it with the director, we see what feels right, they market and then they light it and that's and then we go and get ready and then we come and shoot it right on a multiicam like the variety show we shot or the you know, the special show with the three cameras going at once. They rehearse all week for the the taping which ends up on which which is usually on a Friday night, and so when you shoot that, you're rehearsing all week with the cameras that where you're looking, where you're facing. It's much more theatrical than, ironically than our show, where like the cameras will find you and you just have to figure it out on the day versus the three camera operation. And so there was that, like we had to operate kind of like a multicamp for that small piece, and because the scenes were so long, You're right, it did take a little bit more work on the front end. For some reason, though, there's another Christmas episode that we do. It's an Atom Shankman one, and it's the one where you do please not was that wasn't in black and white? For some reason, I see Police Naviat in black and white. It is, Okay, that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: Because it's a wonderful life reference. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not crazy.
Speaker 2: No, So I wasn't sure if that was this. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: That's why I didn't know Chris Christmas wrapping yet.
Speaker 1: Was in this Okay, okay, okay. Along with that the the special, which I think.
Speaker 2: Also should have been the whole episode.
Speaker 1: I totally could have been just like commit to the black and white, yes, classic in that tone.
Speaker 2: Like I would have Yes, I would have could just watch walk in real quick to that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Jewey, how fun that you had to work with Chewey and then all these us getting to like meet him and do all those photos. It was such a special day. Yeah, I mean it was like a half day that he came in.
Speaker 2: But it was so special, felt like a holiday on set, yes, like nobody was working.
Speaker 1: The stage was set for River, like we were all just we were there for it. That was awesome.
Speaker 2: Speaking of River, how does the Lee Club never have any Sandmans in this?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: How does the club never have any money to get to any competition? But we have the money again to build these beautiful Christmas.
Speaker 1: Sets, I'm and then our Christmas tree alone, Yes, exactly. Okay, So along with the holiday special, it's landing on the same night at the Homeless as the Homeless Shelter that we had already said we were going to volunteer at and perform and help because Sue.
Speaker 2: Got already Kurt and Blaine into the office, which is always fun.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what a funny scene and.
Speaker 2: Insulted us while also trying to get us to do something nice and give back. And so yeah, we agree to it, and then obviously double book ourselves. Classic Christmas party mistake happened.
Speaker 1: And then Already's like, well, I'm sorry, we choose the Christmas special already again.
Speaker 2: This is why already people don't already because he does like this.
Speaker 1: I mean, but he to be fair, Sue is really chat on us before. So not that it's not about Sue, it's not about Sue, but his points aren't wrong exactly. It's also not right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just you don't double book yourself and then pick the thing that is not helping the people that you agreed to help in the first one, right, Like I think that's that's the issue. Yeah, for once, he didn't say something that was completely wrong. He just they're all sort of doing the wrong. It was all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, we wanted to be on TV.
Speaker 2: It's fair, you know.
Speaker 1: And and Sam is the only one aside from Quinn, who will go with Sam to volunteer, and I mean, I guess that's that we will end up going and you know, we show up.
Speaker 2: Well. Sam also is like helping Rory because Rory can't go home for Christmas, and he's Ory's Christmas sponsor. And when Sam tries to sort of like storm out because we're not celebrating Christmas the way he thinks you should be celebrating it, Rory doesn't go with him and sort of creates this divide. So when the Christmas social actually happens, Rory pulls up and is like, I'm not doing it as scripted. I'm doing like a nicer thing in the spirit of the holidays.
Speaker 1: It's very sweet.
Speaker 2: It is very sweet. Little Damien, so Quinn and Sam are at the homeless shelter, and after Rory pulls that, then everyone you know, realizes, oh, we're doing the wrong thing. Crap, we've already been on TV for a little bit. This is good en, So let's hoof it on over to the homeless shelter and bring them the set dressing, Oh my God, with the gravy and sing a song that feels mildly offensive, inappropriate. And so I got to say, Okay, that's it's a crazy song.
Speaker 1: Okay, I need At the time, it didn't phase me. Oh at the time, singing that song while in the circumstance you were singing in it, and like as it was written, it didn't face me as bad as I went. I watched it and was like, oh my, like those lyrics like what are we doing? Oh? Are you kidding? I don't think I remember that either. Obviously, this night was very particular night, and I don't remember anything from this night. But everybody sounds real good on that.
Speaker 2: Hold on, let's let's hold this thought because I think we should come back to this because the best part of the the best part of the story of making this episode. So just to briefly talk about the other part of this episode is Rachel gives Finn this Christmas list and she wants these five items, and it's really adamant about these five items. Is crazy.
Speaker 1: But I have to ask you also, though, Yeah, isn't Rachel jewish?
Speaker 2: Christmas can be for everyone?
Speaker 1: No, it is to everybody. But she doesn't mention Honkah at all.
Speaker 2: No. She does an ad lib at the end, though, which is hilarious when she's ringing the bell and people coming up, everyone's like, happy Christmas, Merry Christmas. She's like.
Speaker 1: She always knew her character.
Speaker 2: Yes, Like Rachel being this like wild about these five Christmas gifts is why she ended up number twelve on that list of the most disliked TV characters of all time. I was like, why is she like dang like the like unbearable sweet Finn?
Speaker 1: It really yes, I know, I mean obviously we've you know, Finn needs to redeem himself a little bit after the last few episodes that the Hayway he had of making some questionable choices. But I it is. It's not a little cuckoo. It's cuckoo. It's really yeah, google coogole banana pants. She's gone off theat rails and she is very focused on these Christmas presents. I'm not sure why. I think maybe it's it's like when Chris Christmas comes around and you finally have a love and like your expectations are so high for everything, like that's Christmas. Ever, Like I feel like it was a joke and inside jokes with the writers. That was like Christmas can suck and like where you're people can act like Bridezilla crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a very good display of that.
Speaker 1: I will say this. The sou Pig is very funny.
Speaker 2: It is. I mean, I thought it all was very funny, but it's also damn she is on it, but how sweet the little strong I might have teared up.
Speaker 1: I did tear up, and then when you pull out the earrings and I was like, and why am I crying? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was I like the range of emotions I felt in that scene. I'm like, Rachel, you need to cut it out, and then crying.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I will say Corey without doing very much in this episode, Like I guess he does enough in the episode, but like not doing all that much has a like he doesn't say as much as Rachel does and yet still his arc is it had us in tears.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also we talk about when he was during the Christmas special Santa Claus Is Coming to Down he sounded like Veru Springsteen so good.
Speaker 1: It was so we know Brad loves Springsteen.
Speaker 2: So I also did love the very beginning of this episode when Rachel and Finn are having the first initial conversation and Rachel's like, how did you know was a Kurt and then he walks by.
Speaker 1: It was me.
Speaker 2: Loved Daddy so so funny, and I liked it like that shot I thought Matt did a great job with and like the zoom in on her empty ear lobe, without an erring was also very funny, very funny.
Speaker 1: Do you also remember watching Extraordinary Merry Christmas being shot and I was like, we were like, what is happening? I remember shooting them shooting that. We had not nemer One not heard the song ever, obviously because it's Norton. Also, I was like, I've never heard the song before. I don't know what's happening in the happening in this scene and they're doing the most ridiculous, insane number.
Speaker 2: It felt like we were all on drugs. Thank you, right, It felt like we were hallucinating.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is very out of body and they're both.
Speaker 2: Like on it and like hyped up.
Speaker 1: Well they're trying to impress you already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well good people need to bring it.
Speaker 1: With the episode now. After watching it, I was like, oh, yeah, this fits with Rachel's crazy in this episode.
Speaker 2: I think Diana was napping.
Speaker 1: Diana was napping this entire just openings.
Speaker 2: Like respect. I was like, Dana, welcome to not having a storyline in an episode.
Speaker 1: This is what it feels like, this is what happens. We snooze.
Speaker 2: It is hard. I was talking to my friend he is on a show currently and they just started production back and so he had like his first day back and he had one line in the scene. It's a procedural. I won't say what what what it is. And he was like, you know, having one line and a scene it's sort of worse than having all the lines. It was like, yes, I know, take it from someone who that's what I only exclusively did for six seasons.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's it's mind, but yes, yeah. He seems so counterintuitive that it would be, well, you're like, what's my line again? I feel like every time we'd be in the Chuiry and I'd be like, what's my line again? And who do I come out?
Speaker 2: And there are that's going to fuck this up for everybody totally to do.
Speaker 1: But you're like, whose line do I come aufter? What am I saying? Because it comes out of nowhere?
Speaker 2: And then Joe fuck it up and trying to rectify it in terms of story and character. Sometimes you just can't, like no, this just has to be brought up and you're just the vessel to do it. But it's a weird thing.
Speaker 1: It is a weird thing. The lighting on in the final scene where we did you know, do they know it's Christmas on Jane is excellent. I don't know what happened on the rest of us Jane Haggard, but she looks great. She also looks like she's in her own scene, like they shot her out or something. It was like, shoot Jane, and then you cut to this whole.
Speaker 2: Other scene that's going one Lynch. You get to ask for like the better the special lighting.
Speaker 1: You know, well obviously she has. She's a vet like she is. She gets what she wants. She can do it ever, although she would never ask for that, but just give it to her. How did you feel about all Tina's hats in this episode, Jenna, It's very funny. I loved Winter Tina. I'm down with Winter Tina. I think it's very funny. I think also some of my dresses were a little basic, and so Lou was like, let's just keep her flair going. Oh wait, all I went for Christmas is you? Oh yeah, never sounded better. Thank you Amber for giving me the best version of that. And when we were doing the number that was really fun. We took a photo on set from somebody's phone of the girls and before you know it, it's being used for press for everything, and This was before social media where like people could pull your Instagram post off and use it for whatever. This was like I'm not kidding by the grove in La on the digital billboard. I'm driving and I see our photo and I'm like, oh my god, Like that was literally a iPhone photo that was not a professional photo, nor was it intended for us to use. But obviously we're on sets, so whatever, we're all in makeup and hair.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they used it for like promotion.
Speaker 2: Well that was like the following season when we showed up to do our galley images for the Yeah, for the promos, they had one of the whole you know, we run between like five different setups and these are going to be the promos for the whole gear. One of the setups, the reference was all of was my Instagram and it was all of my selfies that I had been taking in the choir room. So they wanted us to like re do that. Oh I walked past the board, you know, like you said that like a board of like what the inspo is vision board?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, And I walked past my that's machete.
Speaker 2: Why are my Instagram photos on here? Stop?
Speaker 1: That's really funny. Yeah, hmm, okay, let's just talk about it. Let's just get to it, because I feel like we're just we're we're dancing around it.
Speaker 2: So around this time, hopefully it doesn't get mad at me, because I do feel like partly this is I can tell the story because I was partly involved. Our ratings had started to dip a little, okay, and we had enjoyed two very solid years of success and really great ratings, and it was the first time they had started to go down in a significant way. And because I was the one who's always checking, I was reporting back and we all knew and so I don't know who came up with it. It might have been like a group thing, but we were sitting there in that fake homeless shelter set for a very long time. Yeah, and we were not performing the number like we were like sitting at the tables.
Speaker 1: This is where we started a rumor. Yes, okay, I reguely remember this.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: You've been holding this close to the chest until we recorded this. So I'm just because nobody knows, oh so good, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So I talked to Leah. I don't know if I talked to Corey I think I think we did.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm hmm, we did, and you're a part of it. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We talked like off of the set, like there was like a hallway right outside the set and we're like, okay. I was like, I'm sitting across the room. What if I pretend to take a picture of Jenna and in the back edge of frame is or Corey and Leah being like a little extra snugly or kissing or holding hands or something.
Speaker 1: I forgot.
Speaker 2: It was, yeah, I wonder if I have the photo? Yeah, I mean it's online, And I said, I'll put it up and like wait a little bit for people to notice, and then I'll delete it. Like I did something wrong, because the intention was we're going to get rumor started that Corey and Lea are dating, and keep watched the show and then we'll get to make more seasons of it.
Speaker 1: I'm dying. I'm dying. I forgot about this, and so.
Speaker 2: We were all very nervous and it was like, yes, absolutely, let's do it, like okay, and I remember looking over at you and I had my phone on set, which I was I shouldn't really have had.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Well, there was a lot of waiting around the night, and we were.
Speaker 2: Really bored and beyond the point of like we're stressed. Obviously, we're probably not going to make it home tonight to go back to our families.
Speaker 1: Most people didn't make it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think ye, I don't think any of us did. And yeah, and so I do it. I post it and I'm like updating. Everyone's like, what's going on? Ten people noticed. I'm like, no, no one's noticing, no one's saying anything. And then at the first reference one person said something, I deleted it and checking Twitter, and then it got picked up and was like all.
Speaker 1: Over the entertainment sights. Yes, wow, but this was so.
Speaker 2: Then in January was the SAG Awards and we were at then after party and Leah sits me down and she's like, did you know hmm, we had actually started dating then nobody knew. We of course, everybody found out shortly thereafter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, She's like we were dating.
Speaker 2: She's like, we started like dating that week again, and I was like, so it was just random.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a witch. I was like, oh, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yes, So we didn't we didn't know. I'm sure we didn't told.
Speaker 1: You yeah, but we didn't know at that point.
Speaker 2: You're right, No, we didn't. We didn't know for like another two months.
Speaker 1: No, it was a it was a minute. It was hot. They didn't.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Like it's almost impossible to have a relationship when you're working together like that and then you have all of us like no, no, no, So it made a lot of sense that they kept that.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. I forgot about that. I thought you were just talking about the drama of leaving us wanting to leave Diana half aslee literally asleep on the floor.
Speaker 2: I remember I was acting up that night. So there was this voice memo that Naya had sent me. I cannot say what it was. It was not appropriate, something that should not be played in a professional environment, but it was so funny. Oh and I was like, I'm going to play this over.
Speaker 1: The list speak. You were acting a fool.
Speaker 2: That was really this was actually really really bad. Because Phil, who was running our sound, did not I had I had someone to distract him.
Speaker 1: Oh, Kevin, that's so bad.
Speaker 2: It's so bad and so unprofessional, and I'm so sorry, and I apologized. I thought everyone was.
Speaker 1: Like like holiday break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, they plugged in the phone. I played it. It was like a ten second clip of her saying this joke, and he ran over and looked horrified, horrified, and I instantly like sobered up, basically in my like delirium of whatever I was doing. And I was like, oh my god. And I'm someone who doesn't break the rules.
Speaker 1: Ever, you don't.
Speaker 2: I hate it well, and also like he's the nicest person. You don't do that. This is his job, and anyone's going to get in trouble, it's going to be him because he's charged his Michie. Yeah, because there were a PA. There's a PA system because we were singing a song, so there were speakers brought into the set that we were all, you know, like lip syncing too. And then I played it over that and I felt I am eternally sorry for that.
Speaker 1: He's okay, So Phil forgives you.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there was.
Speaker 1: There's definitely a respect for your department and not crossing over. Yes, like hair, don't touch somebody's hair if you're in wardrobe, don't touch the sound machine if you're an actor, don't you know. It's just there's just things. So it's a very particular function in which how how we are behave ourselves. But we were also fools.
Speaker 2: It was so unprofessional inappropriate, like I don't but nobody was like now, the higher ups were there and so luckily I didn't get in trouble.
Speaker 1: But that was how it was, just Leo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was bad. It was no one really knew what happened, so like Nya was really the only one who caught it because she knew what and Phil obviously caught it because it was coming from the sound system and he's like professional, A new where that had come from, right, So it didn't end up being like a big thing. It was more between like me and Iya.
Speaker 1: But I remember that.
Speaker 2: I feel bad.
Speaker 1: It was it was a weird night.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was really a weird night and it was a long night. And it was also like a weird scene. You're like, what are we shooting? What is this song? We're in a homeless shelter, like it felt.
Speaker 2: It was just a clunky episode and it's sort of like what everybody hates about holiday episodes and they don't like move the plotforward in any way. It's a weird one. Should we do some tardy takes?
Speaker 1: Okay, cringe moments Auchi's.
Speaker 2: A lot of homeless jokes.
Speaker 1: Well, the dune, they know it's Christmas. I think doing that in the Homeless Shelter is in Auchi.
Speaker 2: And also like, is this the second episode or two in the last three episodes where Rachel is saying some weird homeless joke?
Speaker 1: But also how funny were those intros on the Holidays? Very funny, very funny. I love doing stuff like that, shooting stuff like that, because it was just it was like something different and be ridiculous.
Speaker 2: There's like an extra sense of comfortability. Yeah, exactly, we probably were really going forward with him.
Speaker 1: Best dance move Christmas Wrapping, I.
Speaker 2: Mean the entirety of Christmas wrapping. Actually, if we have to name one, there's the one hip. Yeah, like the hips going around and the whatever.
Speaker 1: It's like a lasso move lasso and then in the front and then the thing. But what about the kick in the back?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the kick in the back.
Speaker 1: My back was sore for days.
Speaker 2: It's worth it. I might watch this number again. After best song, I'm gonna say Christmas rapping again.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to say all I went for Christmas is here. Yeah, I mean, what a great version prop prop prop prop the lightsaber that think, does chewbac account as a prime Yes, yes, Yes, the whole costume. Yes, the Chewy costume. There was a lot of crops in this episode because he's also glad he did his like classic Chewy thing though, I'm so glad to let him do that.
Speaker 2: Also, the Christmas wrapping ribbon was very good.
Speaker 1: I love that number. That's lie.
Speaker 2: Oh there's a there's quite a few, I know. I like I said, I like the Kurt says, this is my best friend holiday roommate Blaine Anderson.
Speaker 1: I love the scene with you guys in Sue. I'm very happy when and it was just a random grouping we didn't we don't see often. And so Sue says, Wheels Porcelain other gay f tied is upon us. And everyone knows that Christmas is a time for forgiveness. So I decided to forgive you for having no talent in ruining the American songbook one match of at a time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is I think that's probably the best, very good ruining the American songbook one hm. I also like already's talking about the premise for the Yes special and he's saying in the perfectly appointed living room of Kurt Hummel and Blaine Anderson cheek swank shellet, the tree towering and opulent, the fireplace draped in garlands, the stockings be jeweled. Curt and Blaine, the perfect hosts, have invited their friends to drop in for an evening of Noel Coward esque banter and fun happy cheer Field songs. Perfect supposed to play.
Speaker 1: Yes, Noel Coward, that's right in a movie, in like the Biopick or whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know that happens. Still, I think.
Speaker 1: I think that would be up to Chris.
Speaker 2: We need to text him and be like, hey, what about that movie? We need to see you back on screen please.
Speaker 1: I think his screen days are over, but you never know.
Speaker 2: Do you think you think he doesn't want to?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's like, you know, he's got his writing, Like, who needs that? I know it's Rihanna when you're like a twelve time New York seller.
Speaker 2: He is Rihanna of Glee.
Speaker 1: He is Rihanna.
Speaker 2: She doesn't need any music ever again because she's.
Speaker 1: Like killing maybe for fun, maybe for fun. He'll do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she did the super Bowl. He can show a movie performance.
Speaker 1: MVP.
Speaker 2: I think Leah was very good this episode. I think everybody in that Christian special was like on one it was quite good. Yeah, like I'm not entirely sure. Maybe Chris, Yeah, he was excellent with this episode as well.
Speaker 1: Leah, Chris Corey.
Speaker 2: I might go with Leah.
Speaker 1: Let's do Lean Corey this week.
Speaker 2: Okay, Lean Corey. That feels right for a number of reasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. It's a pro po.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, shit, we found on TikTok Jenna. There are three links in here. I need to watch all of them.
Speaker 1: Oh, there, all of them.
Speaker 2: They're by the same TikToker. His name is Adam the pianist, Adam McMillan. Go follow him. So he got this new keyboard and they have like an a cappella sound for the keys, and he calls it his well like glee board. Your keyboard has the Glee sound, and he does like the intro music, he does, the background music. He does if Star Wars was on Glee.
Speaker 1: My jaw is on the ground.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have to watch all of them because he.
Speaker 1: Does Fantom of the Opera on the glee board, which is also like so fast.
Speaker 2: He's such a good he's like an active pianist, obviously obsessed.
Speaker 1: This is my favorite thing ever.
Speaker 2: It is so good. Yeah, like, if there's a if there's a remake, we know who needs some tickled.
Speaker 1: I am genuinely tiggle. This is a you don't really going on. I'm about to get into a hole.
Speaker 2: Yes, just to go for it, because that's what happened to me earlier.
Speaker 1: This is incredible. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good. You're brilliant. Thank you for thank you. Like we got tagged in it so many times.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love it.
Speaker 2: Isn't it so good? There's so many of them. I was really impressed. And he was doing some of the yeah music.
Speaker 1: Of our scoring so many times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, impressed, I got the scoring my brain. Well, I don't know, I'm someone these food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all need food. On that note, thanks for listening to another episode of And That's what you really missed. This was the Christmas episode stay tis I understand. We were all the chaotic, is what we were? Just like the episode, Yes we were.
Speaker 2: We did it on purpose. It was a theme.
Speaker 1: There's a next season three episode ten Yes no where we do we fell in love with one of our the most famous iconic moments in the series and we have the infamous Nini Leeks who joins the cast, which what a joy.
Speaker 2: Honestly one of the best scenes ever in the history of Glee. Her and Sam at the pool just get into it. I literally I fast forwarded ahead just to watch that scene. We love Meani, Okay, very exciting. Yeah, So come back for Yes.
Speaker 1: No, that's what you really missed.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.