Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all at all given.
Speaker 1: Amic bu busy.
Speaker 2: Listening to show, I.
Speaker 3: Don't joy joy.
Speaker 4: You gotta.
Speaker 5: Love you.
Speaker 2: Turn you.
Speaker 6: Gotta turn, got to turn the mouse to turn.
Speaker 2: You probably got to turn the mouth.
Speaker 5: Turn out, turn the wa the money up looking.
Speaker 6: Come.
Speaker 1: Come out, you think, Ah, I sure will come on and everybody you are listening to the voice, come on, dig me now one it only Steve harvey Man got a radio show. Real glad about it too.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: I hope that God always keeps me in the frame of mind to try to be sharing and try to be motivational and ubly even when it's not felt or wanted by some people.
Speaker 1: I have people around me.
Speaker 7: Who seem to not benefit at all or anything, and I can sit with them and talk to them or take meetings with them to try to encourage them, and for whatever reason, you know, they want to just keep going the way they're going. When you run into people like that, you have to pray for them. You have to just hope that one day that they release the chains on their mind and open up your mind to a new way of thinking. A couple of things I wanted to go over with. I want you to all today in terms of motivation, I want you to be aware of statements or old sayings that have been created that you hear over the course of time, and you may be applying them to your life. And I want you to be careful of some of them because some of these old sayings, man, are not designed for people who are dreamers, are not designed for people who have any aspirations of being extraordinary. These are not designs or sayings that people who want to be extremely successful at anything or have high aspirations to put these sayings into your life. Let me give you an example. Statistics say that's it.
Speaker 1: That's the one. I want you to be careful about. Statistics say, be very careful of stats.
Speaker 7: When a person says, you know, statistics say one out of every what see, listen to me. These are things that sound like they're good, sound solid advice, but they're setting you up for failure.
Speaker 1: And you can't adhere.
Speaker 7: Yourself to a lot of these sayings that's been passed down from generations. And it's not scripture. It ain't in a scripture nowhere that statistics say.
Speaker 1: It's just some.
Speaker 7: People, and a lot of people who have lost have come up with these sayings to justify why they keep losing or why they lost. When I was earth got started in the business, there were more stand ups around now than it is today because the comedy boom in eighty four eighty five was it was gaining a lot of momentums comedy club's comedy nights everywhere. The statistic that a guy told me, I told him I wanted to be on the Johnny Carson Show, the Tonight Show. The guy said, one out of every two thousand comedians ever make it to the Tonight Show. Okay, Now, when he told us that, some of the comedians in the room went, well, wow, man, that's rough. Because a guy had also said that there was approximately six thousand comedians in the country at that time. I don't know if it was true. I'm just telling you a guy was out there fewer numbers. I have no idea how many it was, but he said one in every two thousand will make it to the Tonight Show. And he let the air out of everybody.
Speaker 1: In the room but me.
Speaker 7: So every night before I went on stage, I used to do this right here, Bye bad that was the tonight theme song. I was young opening act nowhere near Hollywood, didn't. I was in Cleveland telling jokes at one night. But that was my thing because I was bent and determined that if it's one in two thousand, okay, why don't I just be the one? Be careful when people say statistics say because they are set up to fulfailure if you're gonna adhere to them. See that won in so many it wanted. So many people win the lottery. But if you don't play the lottery, you ain't gonna.
Speaker 1: Be the one to hit.
Speaker 7: Not when the dude hits you go while he was lucky, but he played. Here's another one. Maybe it's not meant to be. Let's go one step further. I guess it wasn't the Lord's will. Don't you dare blame God for something you may have not done yourself because you didn't get the proper education, because you didn't do the things you were supposed to do, because you didn't stay to the task, because you quit turned around.
Speaker 1: And with the other way. Now, maybe it's not it wasn't the Lord's will.
Speaker 7: These are all statements that sound like sound advice, but they ain't all the time got nothing to do with you. Stop letting these old fogy sayings get in your way of what can happen in your life.
Speaker 1: Don't put all your eggs in one basket? Who came up with this? Who came up with it?
Speaker 7: If you don't pour all your efforts into one thing, how are you gonna be great at that one thing? If Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird had not played basketball sun up to sundown. Magic Johnson didn't go to Michigan to get an educate. Larry Berry ain't go to Indiana to get an education. These cats was balling. Michael Jordan didn't go to North Carolina get an education. They went to play ball. They went to do one thing. Tiger Woods didn't go to Stamford to get an education. He went to play golf. Soon as he got good enough, he gone. These are guys that put all they eggs in one basket. See what's cool with putting all your eggs in one basket is you now can maximize your effort and laser beam what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Your problem is all you gotta do.
Speaker 7: Is make sure what is your basket made out of If your basket is made out of faith, hope, hard work, and belief, then guess what, that's a good basket. I'm dumping all mine in it, because ever since I was a young dude, I've been telling jokes one thing, one thing only.
Speaker 1: Even when it got ugly and I was living in a car, I never quit telling them jokes. Man.
Speaker 7: I just kept believing that them jokes was gonna pay me one day, and I'd be dog gone if it didn't.
Speaker 1: I ain't take no time off. Go work at the Walmart, get me a job, go back to Ford and big for my job back. Hey, man, put all your eggs in a basket.
Speaker 7: Just make sure that your basket is made up of faith, hope, belief, hard work.
Speaker 1: Your basket woven by God. What you tripping for?
Speaker 7: You're defeating yourself. Where is your faith? Where is your belief? Where is your trust? At one point in time, you got to bleed that God could do what he said gonna do because he'd never done it for others, He'll most certainly do it for you. Be careful of these sayings that's out here, that's aligned by losers and people to justify why they are not succeeded. Don't apply this stuff to your life, and it ain't got nothing to do with you. You're gonna mess yourself up.
Speaker 1: All right. Okay, you're listening hard morning show, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, anybody else that's listening this show right here. I don't know what to tell you. It's just really really good. Not to our others. Now, I got no complaint, But if I had to pick one to listen to, I do what you doing this morning? Thank you. You made the right choice. Ain't no doubt about it. Ain't no doubt about it. Oh, you had a choice, but you picked us. So since you picked us, here we go one two, one two three, folks, you picked us. We must beat on one cause you picked us. Ready to have some fun? You picked us? Why? Oh why you picked us? God, we must be on one you cause you picked us, Ladies and gentlemen. You picked us. That was the song of choice this morning. Why I have no idea?
Speaker 7: Shunny Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica, Junior government name kill Lewan Space, owner of KLSS Enterprises, and the legend that is Nephew Tunny is yeah, Junior, what's.
Speaker 1: On your mind this morning?
Speaker 5: Can I talk to you about some monk.
Speaker 8: I just need a little bit of motivation, some understanding real fast.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 8: You know, we're coming to the closing in the year.
Speaker 1: You know what is it?
Speaker 10: We getting over to twenty twenty four, and I'm trying to figure out, like, when do we start putting the plan together for twenty twenty four? Do we start in twenty twenty four? Do we start now?
Speaker 11: Or how do we start.
Speaker 8: Setting these goals together for twenty twenty four?
Speaker 7: As soon as I think of something that needs to be accomplished or something I want to have on my wish liss, I start to process immediately. I don't wait for resolutions or New years, and I start now. I've learned that delaying does exactly that. Why would you delay something that you want to happen? You start, and once you start practicing the practice of procrastination, it takes root really fast, and next thing you know, you're looking for special days to do this, special moments to do that. And then you'll find out in life that there is no correct time to start except now. And it ain't no need of waiting on your ducks to line up, because they ask will not line up them damn ducks walks.
Speaker 1: Off in all kinds of directions.
Speaker 7: These are not the ducks down at Peabody in Memphis. I'm telling you. They don't get in that line. They don't come off that elevator and walk straight and get in that damn water. These damn ducks in life, they fly off, they go the other way. They go over there and get in somebody. Get in white people cars. You can go, hey, show ask do it. Get out to the white people's car. So if you wait on your ducks to line up, man, stop doing that.
Speaker 1: Go now. I don't wait for resolutions.
Speaker 7: I've started everything that I want to that I'm hoping for in twenty twenty four. I've already started fertilizing the seeds. Yeah great, and yeah, that's how I do it, Junior. I don't wait on resolutions. This is fun to do them because I don't know. Yeah, sound good. But if you're gonna lose weight, see right now, like the big one in twenty twenty four, gonna be to lose weight, but you're finn to pack.
Speaker 1: On fifteen up until the see that is you're finish packed fifteen on this month? All right?
Speaker 12: Uh, We'll come right back with more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 5: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, So Steve, let's talk about some.
Speaker 12: Of your favorite Christmas memories, you know, and your favorite holiday tradition.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you, oh min like pole memories.
Speaker 1: But it was good though I didn't know, you know, no different.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I figured just the way it was right at everyone's house.
Speaker 7: You know, everybody get a gift. What did you sitting around think you've in olden multiple packages? Just damn gift man.
Speaker 5: Put the tearing off of the wrapping thing.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, we're gonna use that paper next year. That boat, save that boat, I know.
Speaker 5: And my mom wrapped like the grocery store wrap. That was her thing.
Speaker 12: She loved.
Speaker 5: Yes she could. It looked just like it did at the at the department stores.
Speaker 1: My mom could rape.
Speaker 5: Man, girl, I got an easy bake up in one.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, Lord, with the light, with the light.
Speaker 7: If I have wrapped it, you knew it because everything I wrapped to the exact a shape or whatever. The dog dog if you if you thought it was a trunk, that's probably.
Speaker 9: What it was. It was.
Speaker 10: It was obvious, then going over the under the tree and just feeling on the gifts, trying to guess what it was.
Speaker 1: Man, if I wrapped it, you knew, wow, bottle of wine. I got a bowling ball. You know exactly what it is. It looked like he gave all the baseball.
Speaker 12: I remember when I got a tape recorder one year. Oh, that was always a good the beginning of my career. Right there, tape recorder. Yes, oh, I got a scary rewind fast forward.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, good, good stuff.
Speaker 7: One of my most frightening Christmases was because of that tape recorder right there. Oh yeah, well you know more when you press play and recorder, record fringers and get it done.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, my mama got me mine for Christmas. I took it upstairs and recorded Rudy ray Moore sick to find the monkey.
Speaker 7: God had a whole down in the jungle that second fine monkey damn showed walking through the trees and all up in here.
Speaker 1: Monkey. I was in elementary school. He was cutting. He was cut in seventh six or seventh. You know about Rudy ray Moore.
Speaker 7: Well, my daddy and them used to play it. Oh, and I sit on the steps in the hallway and listen to it be in the hallway, Holliday. Everybody had the albums Man, but I rememberized the whole signifying monkey, and I could sound just like it.
Speaker 1: So when my mama got it, I went upstairs and.
Speaker 7: I'm recording way down Thief had signifying monkey.
Speaker 1: Cussing and everything I'm talking about cuss just.
Speaker 11: Like that's when you first loved. You fell in love right there.
Speaker 1: So everything going good. We go to church that morning. We come back. A couple of sister Porter and sister all.
Speaker 7: Bell came over to see my mama, and uh, they was in there in the living room, and I had my recorder on the coffee table because I saw a cookie on the dining room table.
Speaker 1: I wanted to get a matter of fact of rice Chrispy.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: Well, and when I came back, my mama had to recorder in her loud my stomach.
Speaker 1: Uh, she said, what did they? They was all talking about. Uh, sister Harvey, what is that. That's these new recorders that you buy. We bought one for Steve.
Speaker 6: I'm just.
Speaker 7: Don't hit that button over there. This lady Porter, say, what's on it? My mama press plate? I opened it up like this.
Speaker 1: Way down in the jungle deep that signifying monkey. That's the ever sleepy.
Speaker 7: I'm cussing in everything. I mean, it's on the recorder. So my mama trying to find the button, but she can't cut it off. She can't control the volume or nothing. She steady hitting the play button. Well that's already down and your baby talking.
Speaker 4: Soon.
Speaker 1: The lady at the church say, ooh, that's that's Rudy ray Moore. So I said, okay, that might help a little bit, they say, She say, but who is it though? Oh?
Speaker 5: Who's saying this?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Everybody looking at me. I'm just trying to figure out how I can make this recorded disappear.
Speaker 1: And make them forget. If I stay here and look out the window, maybe they won't notice it's me.
Speaker 7: Man, I was sitting there in trouble. Mama finally cut that thing off. She said, boy Lord Jesus, when your daddy get home? Oh no, man, So they left. My daddy came home.
Speaker 1: She says, snick, listen to what this boy didn't put on his shit on Christmas?
Speaker 7: And she pressed play again, Ray down jungle d My daddy said, who is that? My mama said, that's your son, boy.
Speaker 1: And then after my daddy listening to it and start smiling, Why that's you, Yes, sir, I'm just shrinking. I'll tell you the rest of where we come back.
Speaker 5: You're listening.
Speaker 12: Morning show all right before we went to break Sea, if you were telling us a story about when your dad heard you recite Rudy ray More on your brand new Mama.
Speaker 1: Had come home on Christmas. Look at what your boy's doing.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so she pressed on.
Speaker 7: Ray down jungle, that black didn't ever sleep walking through trees and swinging in the sand. That ain't saying none of it. So my daddy listened to it, and he smiled. He said, boy, that's you.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, sir.
Speaker 5: She thought you're in trouble.
Speaker 1: He said, where your coat at? Go get your coat?
Speaker 6: Come on.
Speaker 1: The cold ass confident I had never done that. I used to go on in the basement.
Speaker 5: What is the car?
Speaker 1: He puts me in the car, He get the machine. We back out.
Speaker 7: We drive right up the Earl's gas station about five minutes from the house. He got walk in earl near Merry Christmas. Slick, what's up little boy? Mary Christmas? He's boy got something for y'all.
Speaker 4: Right here.
Speaker 1: Tell me who this is? All the men in there with boy that rutley ramo, No, it ain't dusky.
Speaker 7: Moment class said, you lie boy, every boy right here, This boy sound jet like Rudy remote. So mister Wall said, we do some of it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you can't you tell you about y'all life. When I got to cut it from y'all, did you do it?
Speaker 4: Hell? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Way like that right there? What if like you truk.
Speaker 5: Oh man?
Speaker 1: I love it, I love it. I love it.
Speaker 7: My daddy thought it was the greatest thing. You hear now, he said, And when we get back home, tell you mama. We rolled and talked about it.
Speaker 5: Okay, well you did.
Speaker 7: I ain't gonna whoop you because it's on Christmas. Oh oh it's a little bit of twenty six. You've got toe up and the well she he ain't want to whoop me, no way, because he was he thought it was great, and he thought that was the greatest thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Great, And you take all that cussing off of that machine. He ain't even where you learned these words from.
Speaker 1: You're playing at all the parties? Yeah, who else you listen to?
Speaker 6: Thog?
Speaker 5: Good Christmas memories?
Speaker 1: Right there, Red Fox, Red Fox. That's now this country comedian named Jerry Cloud. Jerry Cloud. Oh yeah, that's what we listened to. And he'll be man. Yeah, I love it, no that he'll be funny, hell man funny man. See, I was stealing Richard Pride my daddy.
Speaker 15: Oh I'm doing Richard and Eddie. That's like Delirious was my my stand up fa then he did Delirious Richard Pride wanted that's the one.
Speaker 5: Said strip Yeah, man, wow, I mean that.
Speaker 12: That was back in the day when your parents had parties. And weren't those called party albums or something?
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, party albums. So they would playing.
Speaker 1: You couldn't listen. You had to come in in and dance for them. Then you have to go the back. Yeah, come on.
Speaker 7: And the record player was right next to the steps leading up to my room, and it was behind the wall, I said on the steps and you can hear I learned how to cuss everything.
Speaker 14: Good old days.
Speaker 5: Gush Google.
Speaker 1: That's that American classic, right that boy? That red leather outfit that was class.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah for sure?
Speaker 1: What was that red leather raw? That was us? Red was the purpose?
Speaker 5: Purple, yeah was purpose leather all leather was wrong, was wrong?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, man, when that food was doing that, that food was doing that dog going now buck wheat man. Oh yeah, man, No, not when he got shot, when he was doing the hits. But we see it. Nice me no name, Enamo.
Speaker 11: Said you.
Speaker 1: Me time us a lady. Then news.
Speaker 13: I knew.
Speaker 1: Knude that boy saying three times I was hollering.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He gave us some great laughs. And man, yes, Velvet Jones, mister Robinson's neighbor. Yeah, hold of the answer the door.
Speaker 1: Who is.
Speaker 7: Movies the absolute best sketch artist. Man, Yeah, that damn eddie man.
Speaker 1: Change round in that hot tub.
Speaker 10: Dog man, he stuck his toe in this man, gonta get in the hotel.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, what was it boy in the in the movie Trading Places? Uh huh oh what is her name? Valentine?
Speaker 7: Valentine boy when they finally got him off the street and took him to the house. Yeah, And they had him in the back and he was taking the bath and they was coming off shutting the dope and he was in there singing. When I showed that to my daddy, my daddy hollered.
Speaker 6: Laugh.
Speaker 1: When you think of look when god get his.
Speaker 5: Said, boy, he's open this show every day with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where I got it from. Yeah, good memory.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you man that that that what's what's what's the best forty eight hours of Beverly Hills cut? Oh?
Speaker 5: What's forty eight hours about? When he was with Nick Not?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Trading, coming to Miracle.
Speaker 5: Coming to the America's comedy movie I've ever seen. Yeah, Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 12: Coming up at the top of the hour in Entertainment News, Steve, You're gonna love this.
Speaker 16: Are you listening, Steve Sex, You're listening, Sex, You're listening.
Speaker 5: Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 12: All right, guys, time now for ask the clo the chief love Officer, the close Steve Harvey in the building?
Speaker 5: Are you ready, sir?
Speaker 1: Od?
Speaker 12: This one is from Jacqueline in Memphis. Jacqueline says, I'm thirty eight years old and I'm married to an older man that loves for play and long drawn out intimacy. After six years of that, I would love to have a hot and steamy quickie in the kitchen or wherever we are when the mood hits us. His formal way of love making is boring and I doze off sometimes during sex.
Speaker 5: I want some spot No, I want some spontaneity.
Speaker 12: So I'm considered having an affair with my ex just for a little tune up once a month.
Speaker 5: Is this a sign that I'm getting bored with my marriage? Or is it just the boring sex?
Speaker 1: No, it's both. It's boring sex a sign that you bored with your marriage and a sign that you headed to divorce court. It's also a sign that you know it's a lot of stuff wrong here, lady. But come on now, is it a sign that you bored with your sex? Like, yeah, you went to sleep.
Speaker 7: I probably ain't been at my best sometimes over the years, sixty three years. I'm pretty sure some days I wasn't at my level best. But your ass ain't fit to go to sleep though. That ain't what you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Just because you yelling.
Speaker 7: Ain't no way in hell you going to Hello, hell, I'm yelling. That's right, Something gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I'm hollering. You bump your head up against that board.
Speaker 2: Something still at it?
Speaker 1: Huh, you're not going to sleep though? All of what he doing where you're asking go to sleep?
Speaker 16: Sleep?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 6: I mean?
Speaker 5: Wow? But what about having sex with her ex? We're a little tune up once a month.
Speaker 1: Okay, she already she already her mind already gone. She already is over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's over, dangerous right here.
Speaker 7: It's over. But what makes you think your ex won't you though? Uhh wow, uh oh, might not be what you think. I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: We're moving on.
Speaker 12: Delia and Durham, North Carolina says, I've been in an on again, off again type of relationship with my daughter's father for three years. He cheated on me after my daughter was born and ended up marrying the lady he cheated with. Whenever he comes to see our child, we have sex, and I let his wife know. One day she decided to come over to talk to me, and one thing led to another and.
Speaker 1: We had sex.
Speaker 16: What she now?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Now we enjoy each other's company without our man in the picture, and he is upset about it. I plan to keep seeing her until I find a good man to settle down with. Am I wrong for messing with his wife?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: Delia, Bailia, what's happening, Junior?
Speaker 5: She's friendly?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know when you called you and own again off again relationship and when you go over your man's house. When your man come over your house to see y'all's baby, y'all have sex. And you call his wife to tell him, well, well you told the wrong one.
Speaker 5: This time.
Speaker 7: She came over there and saying, oh, that's what we're doing. Oh we have a sex ebody. Oh that's what we're doing. Well, how about some of this? Hell and then guess what you said, well how about some of that that?
Speaker 5: Wait one more time.
Speaker 1: So this is what happened right here.
Speaker 7: So you call your man come over to the house that your daddy and your child, and every time he come over you and awn again, y'all have sex.
Speaker 1: Right, So then you called his wife to tell him that y'all having sex. So then uh, she come over to say, okay, oh this is what we're doing is here? Oh you want some of this here? And then you say, I try some of that that, And next thing, you know, a little bit of this and a little bit of that, and y'all says all just righty tat tank. Now everybody up in here doing some of this and that.
Speaker 7: Now, when your husband find out that y'all doing that, he wanted to know what happened to this but now it ain't nothing happened to this. It's just we're over here now we're doing that. Uhh now he mad, but see he the one over there doing all that. So then thelen said, well we're gonna do all this now the live do everybody? I be scared of the babysitting at her house?
Speaker 1: Color you get some too?
Speaker 7: You can't, you can't postmate, can't drop nohe no, Oh you're dropping stuff off.
Speaker 1: I like stuff getting dropped off. Or you want to do some of this?
Speaker 7: I do some of that.
Speaker 1: Well, let's go and do this.
Speaker 7: And what about empithods, Amazon Prime come up to the door?
Speaker 1: Oh you delivered to you want to deliver some of this? I delivered some of that. You want some of that that's going out there?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 12: Uh quickly, let's get to Calvin in Seattle. He says, he's a somebody.
Speaker 1: Somebody pull up in the front and they had a little girl go up on the porch with some girl cookies. Who that brought you over this house? Little girl?
Speaker 11: My daddy?
Speaker 1: Tell your daddy come on over here and say, I leave cookies too me. You want to buy some of them? Cookies? You want to buy some of these cookies. Oh we oh, we selling cookies. I got cooking, what flavor I got? We got all flavored? I try anything exactly.
Speaker 5: So she wants to know is she wrong for messing with his wife?
Speaker 9: Steve?
Speaker 3: That is her question.
Speaker 7: You're wrong, you wrong, messing with her husband? What you got you introduced to the wife?
Speaker 1: That's right, you're.
Speaker 16: Right now, all right, thank you, Cello, you're listening.
Speaker 5: Morning show.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 12: So here's the question, guys, what marks the beginning of the holiday season for you? Is there a specific song that puts you in the Christmas spirit? How about a special movie? Carla The Temptations that's Christmas Eve only that I was, yes, Also Imitation of Life. That's another good Christmas movie. So what about you, Steve?
Speaker 6: I know you like.
Speaker 5: Christmas. Yeah, miss.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get to know your bed. Yeah, this Christmas that's my song. I hear that.
Speaker 13: I'm with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's number one. And then the Temptations.
Speaker 1: Casby, No, anybody listening for that?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: No, oh, that's doing that? Yeah, that's my jam too. I love that song. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Someday of Christmas, Stevie wonder, I love that.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: Someday Christmas. You don't know that one.
Speaker 1: It ain't beat your song, Donny Donnie's number one.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's number one.
Speaker 1: And Christmas see Stevie's music. Oh that's my yeah for sure. Oh albums. Oh talking book, baby, your baby may hate some Uh the plan been me?
Speaker 5: Well is this other me again?
Speaker 12: Boy?
Speaker 9: Boy?
Speaker 7: That's that damn talking book. When he was sitting on that rock, Yeah, that boy right there, he didn't know they had him on the rock.
Speaker 1: He thought he was doing a photo shoot in the backyard, the two lands out in that desert.
Speaker 5: God, he was around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his hands, so I'm putting on his head, trying to feel his way around. See where he was. Tell me right here, listen to me. Let me tell yall something I've been around Stevie. Steve ass ain't blind. I don't believe it. Always say that I told Stevie this blind. This a hoax.
Speaker 7: He'd have made a lot of money on it. It's a Listen to me, Hi is Stevie blind. You ain't never seen Stevie with a dog. He ain't never fail.
Speaker 13: It just.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 1: You have never seen running up in the nothing. He ain't got oh nowhere. He never had to unfold his stick showing up places.
Speaker 5: Hey other me, we're moving on.
Speaker 1: I know, brother Milton be witting, but.
Speaker 5: You're listening Morning Show.
Speaker 12: It's Christmas time, right, and a lot of people take great pains to find the perfect gift for someone over the holidays because they want to treat their loved ones to something special. But it turns out that a lot of people aren't necessarily thinking that way. In fact, many are really just looking for ways to outgift the loved ones in their lives.
Speaker 5: A new survey finds yeah right.
Speaker 12: The new survey finds its sixty one percent of Americans see gift giving as a way to out gift their loved ones. Thirty nine percent of people say the person they are competing with see that person as their sibling. Usually I do other people you did it? Other people try to outgift that they try to outgift include friends or significant others.
Speaker 5: I can see that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, So I gotta ask you, guys, what is the worst gift you've ever received?
Speaker 5: And what's the best gift you've ever received?
Speaker 17: Jay, Oh, the worst gift I ever received was my kids and they got together, all three of them got together and pitched in on this and gave me one pair of lime Green sucks. Lime Green just started to get a little recognition back in the day, just starting to come out. It wasn't It wasn't with a damn back and it said the line line and walk around like this bowld.
Speaker 4: I'm like that. What about you?
Speaker 6: Jor?
Speaker 10: Oh my god, you remember back in school when you used to have to trade gifts, you know, by a gift.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, saying what your sad?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I win't got this Michael Knight Night Ride of remote control car.
Speaker 8: That's the y I brought.
Speaker 11: When I got my gifts back. I just had plato.
Speaker 4: I could not say, what the hell is this?
Speaker 11: And then the little boy.
Speaker 10: Said it can do a lot of stuff. He twisted and just made a little man. I kicked that little man over. I'm on my car, man, that is what I want.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh my god, how about your nephew.
Speaker 9: Mine is a little simmer jun because it was that school was in grade school. I think it's about fifth grade. And I pulled this kid's name and he pulled my name. So you know, I hadn't done all my chores. I didn't cut some yards. I got him the g I Joe with the kung Fu grill. I got him a good toy. That's a real toy back in the day. Man, let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. He got me a coloring book that his ass had been coloring in. Miss Johnson's role. You hear me, My mamaa beat the hell out of me.
Speaker 5: That they call that at the Mercedes dealership. Pretty owned.
Speaker 9: First of all, it's a sorry gift, but you've been coloring in it.
Speaker 14: Alread outside the lines to all outside.
Speaker 5: Oh God, all right, what's the best gift? What's the best gift?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 17: Well, I can tell you the best gift I gave my mom because I always competed against my sister.
Speaker 1: Let's see that the survey is correct.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 17: When my sister gave my mom, she said, I gave I said, so once you get mom, she said. And this is the first time I ever heard my sister curse. She said, I gave mom one hundred dollars. I said, I gave a lote model color TV. Let's just said, who was a Christian and don't cuss much at all at all? She said, I'll be damned, she said, I'll be damned.
Speaker 14: That's a lot hard.
Speaker 5: He won. What about you, sir, Let's see the worst gift I ever got. I don't know.
Speaker 12: I guess it was a microphone when I was little, you know, not little, but younger.
Speaker 5: But it didn't work. I didn't get any batteries with it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It was what I tell you, the words gift up. Yeah, I mean what you got? A key chain?
Speaker 6: So bad?
Speaker 12: All the relative gave me that, and then and then the worst gift of all was, of course, a set of pots.
Speaker 5: Anyway, anyway, all right, coming up next to is a nephew with a prank phone call. Right after this, you're listening Hard Morning show.
Speaker 12: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after, it's my strawberry letter for today, the subject behind the Christmas tree. We'll find out what's going on behind the tree. And just a few but right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 18: What you got for its nep the job a fall the job offer that sounds harmless, harmless?
Speaker 1: Now do you do you want to heat? Yeah?
Speaker 5: You want to hear, of course.
Speaker 1: Take a listen, idiot, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to reach you William, William, Please yes, This is William, I William. My name is Daniel. I'm with deployment Agency.
Speaker 13: Oh yes, how's it doing?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm pretty good. You You actually came in a couple of weeks and filled out some forms.
Speaker 19: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah I did.
Speaker 13: I did.
Speaker 4: You're you're seeking ployment, right, yes, sir, I am. Okay, okay, Well listen, I got a few things here i'd like to go over if you don't, If you have the time, I'd like to get a couple of questions from you. I think I actually have something I could send you out on on Monday if you actually pit the criterias.
Speaker 13: Okay, Oh okay, well hold on, let me grab a pin. Okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 4: All right. Are you used to physical labor at all?
Speaker 13: Yes? Yes, I am.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've got a problem health wise or physical. You're you're you're able to handle that kind of stuff? Yes, okay, b I'll tell you. Will you about five eight eight? Okay? And how much do your weigh?
Speaker 13: About? One fifty one fifty?
Speaker 4: Okay? All right, let's do this. Now. Have you done any singing at all?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 13: I can sing a little bit, not and I'm not a singer. Singer.
Speaker 4: But you know I could, I could, I could blow a little.
Speaker 13: Bit, but not not professionally.
Speaker 4: But you know, right, but you're pretty good at holding a note at least though.
Speaker 13: Right, Yeah, I can hold a note.
Speaker 4: Okay, not bad, not bad at all. Are you good working out in the heat? Is that okay?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Yeah? At this point, man, I'm I'm willing to take anything. Yeah, I'm cool with that.
Speaker 4: Okay. How long you been out of work?
Speaker 13: Ah? Man, it's about a good about a year and a half.
Speaker 4: Now, okay, well man, we're going to try to fix that for you. I know, uh, with the way economy is, you know, I know how people can be out of work and not be able to find what they're looking for. But I think we've got something up right Alley. Now, let me ask you this question. Are you good working barefooted?
Speaker 13: Barefoot?
Speaker 4: Yeah, without without shoes on it all?
Speaker 13: Well, I mean I guess the jobs required, and I mean yeah, I can do that.
Speaker 4: Okay. Now, we're gonna start Monday morning right at sunrise, so we're talking about five point thirty six o'clock here. We're gonna need you, uh to report to the field to actually get ready.
Speaker 13: Okay, what kind of jobb is is.
Speaker 4: I mean, what you're gonna be doing, William Is, You're gonna what you're gonna be doing is actually picking cotton, and we want you to do it barefooted, and we'd like for you to actually sing while you're doing it.
Speaker 13: Well, you gotta be kidding, man, Are you serious?
Speaker 4: I'm that serious? The jape's h ten bucks an hour. You know we're gonna get you some good hours out there.
Speaker 13: Laying man, man, I mean without the stag man.
Speaker 4: I mean that.
Speaker 13: I mean he's not about picking cotton and bare feet and in ten dollars an hour.
Speaker 4: Man, you're gonna forget. I do need just singing. It's gonna be a Do you know any Negro spirituals?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 13: I don't and I don't. I don't. I don't think. Who's this again?
Speaker 4: Uh? Like I said, I'm Daniel. I wanted the employees here. I work at employment agency. You know I pulled up your file and saw how long you've been out of work, and you know, I've got something that I think you'll be perfect for.
Speaker 13: Okay, but what I mean, what is this job really about? I mean, you talk, you're talking about picking cotton.
Speaker 4: Well, you know Basically, it's kind of like you're getting paid. You know, the ten bucks an hour. You're probably gonna get about ten hours in a day, so so you know you're gonna make a hundred bucks a day. It's it's a it's kind of like slavery, but it's not.
Speaker 13: It's hold up, hold up better, hold up, uh, man. I didn't find on it for nothing like this, man. I mean, I'm thinking you guys are supposed to be helping me with a up today job. I mean, slagery don't even exist no more.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean we are going to pay you, you understand, but we do want you barefoot.
Speaker 13: You're telling me I gotta I gotta sing and walk barefooted picking cotton, singing some slavery songs. Bro, I don't do like that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 13: I'm voting man that slavery is a fool with man.
Speaker 19: Whatever are you talking about?
Speaker 4: I can't what did you say?
Speaker 13: Man? I'm thinking that you guys are going to be finding me at a job, a job, job that's.
Speaker 4: Not job, regardless of how you like it. It's a job. Now. I need you to report for five o'clock in the morning out in the field with no shoes and ready to sing.
Speaker 13: And I am not reporting no damn where at five o'clock in the morning, at no damn field. Brother, I mean, I don't know why why you even calling me with this matter of fact matter of fact? You know what, go ahead and send my dog because I'll go over there and talk to these people in the beginning, because y'all need to be reported.
Speaker 4: Like I said, five o'clock in the morning for it. You know what, if you can wear your shoes, man, listen, fuck, fuck listen to me.
Speaker 19: No, not my name?
Speaker 13: A matter of fact, what's your name? Because you know what, I will be at this tomorrow just to meet your because this don't make no sense.
Speaker 19: Man, You calling my.
Speaker 13: Phone talking about some slavery work. Man, you must be out of your mind talking to.
Speaker 4: Are you looking for work? Are you not looking for work? Now?
Speaker 13: I'm not looking for that kind of work, dude. I mean, you calling my phone telling me about some slaves work. It's work, though you might get a matter of fact, what what is your name?
Speaker 6: What is your name?
Speaker 13: You can kiss my Okay.
Speaker 19: I don't want to go back and I'm not doing no type like that matter.
Speaker 13: You can lose all my information.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get your black I mean, hang on, You're gonna get your butt out there and you're gonna do what you you.
Speaker 5: Just say, get my black?
Speaker 13: Well, you know what, I will be there putting my down.
Speaker 4: Can I can I say one more thing? Please?
Speaker 19: What the what the else you gotta say?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 13: You just said a month full already?
Speaker 4: I gotta say this. This is Nephew Tommy from Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your wife Katrina gotten me the pry phone. Call you? What the who will you? This is Nephew tim Me Man from the Steve Harby Morning Show.
Speaker 19: You this, man, I believe she could do something like that, man, And you know I'm looking for yuah. Man, I bet you won't be saying that when the bills come in next month. Hey man, I'm five for eight, one hundred and fifty pounds.
Speaker 13: But when I'm ready to get in your get.
Speaker 19: All in your I mean, and she know that, she know that.
Speaker 13: I mean, I would get high.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I got one more thing. I gotta ask you, man, what is what is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 13: Oh man, the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Tell me what you said Buck.
Speaker 11: We all sat straight up.
Speaker 1: I said, hell, no, I'm gonna kill this dude, right, I was thinking about killing you. Tell me Buck, Hey, what you called me talking? I asked, gonna be thumping?
Speaker 14: You know one kind of woman. Thanks a man who's out of work.
Speaker 20: I mean, I'm fine for eight one fifty, but I would get in your behind if I got Can you come barefoot?
Speaker 1: Oh? Can you sing?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Well, you know some spiritual a little bit.
Speaker 1: I ain't really no professional body.
Speaker 14: You really need a job because you set it up like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say a little bit. You know, I'm trying what kind of sun am I'm gonna be doing? Delivering telegrams? I'm gonna be I'm doing bass job called for? I know the brother he was, Okay, you try to get your head.
Speaker 14: Make sure you have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was another way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jack, oh man, that was great.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I love my people. I love the death Boy. They are the truth, true truth. I know some people. Dog, had you had put that phone call in you, you probably couldn't have had enough bleeps coming up?
Speaker 12: Max is my Strawberry letter subject behind the Christmas Tree.
Speaker 5: We'll get into it right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening Hard Morning Show well now it's time for today's Strawberry Letter and listen. If you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter and Steve Harvey FM dot com that's where you do it, and all you have to do is just click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 1: You never know. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here. It is a Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 12: Nephew's subject behind the Christmas Tree. Dear Stephen Shirley, I've been married for fourteen years and I have a busy schedule as a high school basketball coach. After years of marriage, my wife still doesn't get how stressed I am around this time of year, and she'd been pressuring me to buy a Christmas tree and have it up by December first. I missed her deadline because of my schedule. This past Saturday, I left for practice and she said she picked out a tree online and it was going to be delivered later that day. I knew it didn't sound right, but I didn't really care at that point. Around noon, one of my players got sick, so I canceled the practice. I intended to go home and help out with a Christmas tree. I drove up and my daughter was outside shooting hoops with her friends. She said her mom and mister Tim were inside putting up the tree. The only Tim I know is my wife's ex boyfriend that drives the truck like the one in front of my house. I walked in and my wife was disheveled and acting jumpy. I hugged her and I could smell cologne all over her neck. I pulled her with me as we went to look at the tree, and I asked where Tim was. She said Tim was behind the tree, securing it to the base. I walked over to Tim. I tapped his foot and I told him to come out and leave my house. Tim said he was just helping out since I was too busy to do what needed to be done. I was ready to fight, but my wife grabbed me as Tim walked out. She said it's my fault and I shouldn't be upset. I told her she's foul for having her ex in our house. She doesn't see the situation from my point of view. So I'd love to invite my girlfriend over and ask her to bring me one of her amazing chocolate cakes. I wonder if my wife will get it. Then I'm very vindictive.
Speaker 5: Should I do it or not?
Speaker 12: Well, while you know, we all know that two wrongs don't make a right, we know that, but this does sound like a case of I can show you better than I can tell you. And since your wife seems to have no remorse about anything that happened, having this other man over there and all that, you know, I wouldn't be mad if you did invite your ex and her amazing chocolate cake, although I'm sure she wouldn't get past the front door.
Speaker 5: But you know, WiFi was just way out of line here, and her.
Speaker 12: Ex Tim was ohso disrespectful when he said he was just helping out because you were too busy.
Speaker 5: To do what needed to be done. How could he fix his mouth to even say that in your house?
Speaker 12: So, you know, let's see how your wife would like it if the situation were reversed.
Speaker 5: And we all know she wouldn't. She wouldn't like it one bit.
Speaker 12: But we don't like her attitude. We don't like the fact that you know she thinks this is okay. She's disloyal, she's unsupportive of you and what you have to do as far as your coaching job and all of that, and bring her x in to try to take your place in your house. It's just these things are unthinkable for a wife to do to her husband. So yeah, in this case, I wouldn't be mad you said should you do it or not. I wouldn't be mad if you invited her and got some cake and all of that.
Speaker 5: See how your wife liked it, Steve.
Speaker 1: Just let us stupid, crazy childish been married fourteen years, your high school basketball coach. This is why I lost it in the letter. After years of marriage, my wife still doesn't know how stressed I am around this time of year, and she's been pressuring me to buy a Christmas tree and have it up by December first. Now I'm going to assume.
Speaker 7: That you mean you're under pressure this time of the year because of your basketball schedule and maybe playoffs or something like that. Maybe that's what you're talking about, because at first I thought about it was stressed out about buying Christmas trees and gifts.
Speaker 1: I was a little confused about that. But either way, it don't cast for that much pressure.
Speaker 7: I mean, if you a basketball coach, I understand it's a little.
Speaker 1: Tight for you this year. I do understand that, bruh. So I ain't knocking that right there. But she wanted Christmas tree, have it up by December first. The mandate in our house is the day after Thanksgiving the Christmas decorations begin. That's a mandate at our house. Don't let December get here and I don't have my tree gonna be a problem at the house. Okay, I just want to throw that in right here. This past Saturday, you went to practice, she said, she picked up a tree and had it online, was gonna be delivered later that day. I knew it didn't sound right. I don't know why it didn't, but you said it didn't sound right, but I really didn't care at this pump. So at noon, one of your players got sick, so you canceled the practice.
Speaker 7: I intended to go home and help out with the Christmas tree. I drove up and my daughter was outside shooting hoops with her friends.
Speaker 1: She said.
Speaker 7: Her mom and mister Tim was inside putting up the tree. Now, right here, let me show you where this letter has to turn for me.
Speaker 1: The only tim I know is my wife's ex boyfriend that drives a truck like the one in front of my house. Now right there, I'm no longer walking into the house. I'm rolling up into the house at top speed. I ain't on the door.
Speaker 7: I'm kicking the door in h That's where we're at right now. I walk in and my wife was disheveled and jumping. I hugged her and I could smell cologne all over her neck. Let me stop this letter right here, because what's happening at this point in the letter, there's no more typing.
Speaker 14: At this point, you're done with all of that.
Speaker 7: We're now in the process of a crime being committed. When we come back, I'll share.
Speaker 1: With you the crime and the amount of time that I'm receiving in front of the jail. Thanks.
Speaker 16: All right, you heard it from Steve's own mouth.
Speaker 12: We'll have part two of his response coming up in twenty three minutes after the hour Today's Strawberry letter subject behind.
Speaker 5: The Christmas Tree. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 12: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap Today's Strawberry Letter subject behind the Christmas tree.
Speaker 7: This's this man, a basketball coach fourteen years, been married fourteen years.
Speaker 1: He disheveled this.
Speaker 7: He's a little under pressure this year because of the playoffs in basketball, and his wife won't say, I have a Christmas tree up by December first. He's under too much pressure to worry about a tree. But so she orders one online, said that to be here by noon and deliver it. He said, okay, He going to go to practice.
Speaker 1: Go to practice, find out one of the players is sick, so he counsels practice.
Speaker 7: Obviously this is a star player. There ain't no need of run in this office because you got the whole office running through this boy. Because you got Michael Jordan on your team. You don't give damn about these other folk kids. If he's sick, you ain't got a chance winning this damn game, no way. So let's just cancel practice. So you go on home and decide that you're gonna help put up the Christmas tree.
Speaker 1: You pull up in your.
Speaker 7: Daughter outside shooting hoop with a girlfriend and said where your mom at? Your mom in the house with mister Tiam putting up the tree. Then you say, the only team you know is your wife's ex boyfriend who drives a truck just like the one in front of your house. Something's about to happen. I'm not walking in the house, I'm running. I'm not open doors, I'm kicking them in. But he strolls on up in there. I walked in and my wife was disheveled and acting jumping. So I hugged her and I could smell cologne all over her neck. I pulled her with me as we went to look at the tree, and I asked her where Tim was. She said Tim was behind the tree. Now, let me tell you something. This is the exact place that the police would have found.
Speaker 1: Tim if we was at my house, behind the tree. Behind the tree. Yeah, yeah, that makes sense because that's where.
Speaker 7: The busted Tim's head open. Yeah, and Tim would have been behind that same damn tree. So she said he was behind the tree, securing it to the base. I walked over to t and tapped his foot. See that right there, that's not happening. I'd have stoked his foot, broke his ankle, so when we start fighting, he'll be on one leg. That's That's how I'd have started get the advance. We're gonna fight. Huh, you want to get licked the advantage? Yeah, So I tapped his foot told him to come out and leave my house. Tim said, this is what Tim said. He was just helping out since I was too busy to do what needed to be done. Now, how does Tim know this yeah, about my house because she's been sharing y'all's marital business with Tim. How does Tim feel comfortable enough to come over your house to put up a tree? Why is Tim talking back to me after I'd just tapped him on his foot?
Speaker 1: Then you said.
Speaker 7: I was ready to fight, but my wife grabbed me as Tim walked out. Another question, How it's Tim walking out of this house? Now, Tim is going to leave this house, but walking will not be how he leaves. I have some options, and it's only two.
Speaker 1: You'll be leaving this house on guarney, or you'll be leaving this house in the body bag. But either way, you can't walk on the gurney and you can't walk once they zip up the body bag. That's not Tim.
Speaker 7: So I don't know how Tim punk asked and walked out the house, and my wife ain't strong enough to grab me and keep me, Mardreie can't keep me from kicking a man ass if that's what I'm finn do. My wife not that strong. My wife has seen me mad one time since we've been mad, I mean really really mad, she said, Steve, I don't know what happened. You just you swoll up, you swoll up. I had I had to get all the workers out this house. Okay, cool, but now you understand, well I'm capable of. So now why Tim is walking out of this house or no? And she said it's your fault and you shouldn't be upset. I told her she's filed for having her ex in her in our house. I don't even how y'all having this conversation. She doesn't see the situation. From my point of view, I'd have gave her another view of Tim.
Speaker 1: Anyway. You to find out that Tim can't fight, you to find out Tim ain't all that you to find out Tim little punk. You to find out a lot of stuff about Tim that day, So you hang your hat on your little ex. You to find out why he your ex see that day?
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: So she doesn't see the situation at this point of view. So I love to invite my ex girlfriend over and ask her to bring one of her amazing chocolate cakes. I wonder if my wife would get a thing. I'm very vindictive, should I do it now? Women ain't as stupid as men, dog, So I'm pretty sure this woman is gonna have a lot of questions when you ask her to brain one of these delicious chocolate cakes over your house. Why don't your funker ask wife make you a chocolate cake since that's who you married, and you didn't marry me, So I wouldn't call your ex girlfriend talking about no damn cake because you fin to get way mode and cake.
Speaker 1: Due. I think y'all to invite this girl over now.
Speaker 7: But I do think you need to rerun this letter and start this letter back over to where you tapped him on his foot, and he came from behind that tree, and this whole letter need to be written. That chalk mark is behind the tree, yellow tape is around the tree, and the corner's office has some detectives is outside. I'm downtown behind her for which piece of glass telling y'all this strawberry left.
Speaker 1: I don't have a computer in prison.
Speaker 5: Thank you, all right, thank you, you're listening Morning show.
Speaker 12: All right, guys, it is time to look into the crazy mind of Jay Anthony Brown.
Speaker 14: Oh lord, well, I'm glad you did that. I'm glad you're doing that.
Speaker 17: You and a lot of time I have foolishness and craziness and a lot of time.
Speaker 1: What you got today, Now that with what's in there.
Speaker 17: Today, something I have that spirit will put I put together a little company that's called Side Peace Helper. Now you won't for a side piece, you won't be able to get in touch with who you want to get in touch with on the holidays. It's starting. It's gonna be tough for you. But with Side Peace Helper, I can call and get out all your frustration. They're not gonna judge you. But that's you call a friend. They're gonna judge you. And I told you we're not doing that. Inside Peace Helper. Side Peace Helper is helping the side pieces get through the holidays. They're listening, they're quiet, they got good advice. Tommy knows about it. I mean, we talked about putting together, So tell me what you got now.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you know they help us and we are helpless. You know what I mean.
Speaker 9: If we're gonna try to do what we can to get the message to your love war. Okay, so what you have to do is if you watch the movie Harriet, go in your backyard and start saying it, and then the people next or start singing, and sooner, lady, that the message we get weighed on the way to the person that you wanted to get away.
Speaker 17: You you understand, get a message to the one you love because I know these are terrible side with everything in us, you know you guys. One thing about this show. We're always helping people. That's what.
Speaker 1: Nobody out now.
Speaker 5: We help to get them to the polls.
Speaker 14: Now this wow, wow, this is this is this is ball up in the not time. This is time you ball up.
Speaker 4: In and not.
Speaker 10: You didn't tell j about the side piece helper of mobile apps. You didn't, Yes, go to the mobile app. Yeah, like you need it, like inside peace on Christmas. You can't get it to it. We will take a plate to her from your house and we take the plate to her and we put you know, her gift.
Speaker 8: We transport that you know, whatever it is.
Speaker 5: You know what we got.
Speaker 1: You know what else we got? We got side piece Hamburger. Help. That's the dinner for them. You see, that's the dinner for them to have, you know, because they can't have with everybody else. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 14: Now you think, download the app and get out of that ball.
Speaker 11: Yeah we told her, how did your wife cooking?
Speaker 4: Is? Well?
Speaker 10: Now she can taste it.
Speaker 5: All right? Coming up more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 12: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. Time now for comedy roulette.
Speaker 5: Steve, you want to explain.
Speaker 1: It, No, it's just us. Spend the wheel, come up with a subject and we're gonna write jokes on it.
Speaker 5: Right here we go. Here are the subjects.
Speaker 12: Crazy names for a horse as they win the race, and then is dot ways people spoil a movie for someone who hasn't seen it. And the last one commandments that should have been in the Bible. Here we go spin the wheel. Oh interesting, and stop on commandments that should have been in the Bible.
Speaker 1: Okay, we write the Bible, thank God? Yeah since a humor.
Speaker 10: Yeah okay, well then this is something I would like the Lord have put in there. Uh, move somewhere warm. If you got sickle seal, that would have been a knight having it for me.
Speaker 5: Commandments that should have been in the Bible.
Speaker 14: Let's go.
Speaker 9: Nephew, thou shalt not steal unless you going through something.
Speaker 1: Unless you're going through something.
Speaker 5: Commandments that should have been in the Bible.
Speaker 1: Steve, thou shalt honor thy husband. Uh, there we go.
Speaker 9: I like that.
Speaker 1: Look at him, look at him turning their head down. See them the ones that's married, evil ass whatever? And I wish I would.
Speaker 5: Commandments that should have been in the Bible.
Speaker 11: Come on, Junior, thou shalt know when she mad?
Speaker 1: Why are you talking like that? Oh you will, don't worry.
Speaker 5: Commandments it should have been in the Bible. Nephew, thou shalt not go through my phone.
Speaker 1: Now far?
Speaker 5: Why because they had phones back then? Right, Commandments that should have been in the Bible.
Speaker 1: Steve, child support should be cut in half.
Speaker 5: Commandments and should have been in the Bible.
Speaker 11: Junior, she should pay for at least one meal a year.
Speaker 5: Commandment that should have been in the Bible.
Speaker 1: Tommy, thou shalt not talk when the game is on. Thank you?
Speaker 5: That should have been day Steve Harvey.
Speaker 1: Thy children should repay you all money spent, not mad at thou.
Speaker 5: One commandments it should have been in the Bible Jr.
Speaker 11: Thou shall always want to have six with me?
Speaker 1: Come on boy, yeah, alway, ah way?
Speaker 11: Why is these nose in here?
Speaker 5: Commandments that should have been in the Bible.
Speaker 9: Tommy, thou shalt not commit adult trick unless it's been committed.
Speaker 1: On you first. Hello, you do what I get you? Why you do it? You write an actual commandment he's supposed to stay away from. He's supposed to be jokes.
Speaker 5: Commandments It should have been in the Bible.
Speaker 1: Steam there shall be no alimony.
Speaker 5: Yours a marriage, Lady.
Speaker 11: That shall not make me like all your family.
Speaker 14: Closed it out.
Speaker 5: Commandment let should have.
Speaker 7: No this goes to my entire family. U thou shall keep it thy hands off my wallet.
Speaker 5: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 16: Is comedy roulette you're listening?
Speaker 5: Morning show?
Speaker 12: Florida woman was arrested after she and her day broke a think off the wall while fooling around in the ladies bathroom room of an Irish pub. Her date went into the ladies room after knocking back a few drinks, and they had sex. When they finished, they returned to their seats at the bar, and an employee went into the bathroom a few minutes later and noticed a major damage to the sink. Trammel tried to play it cool and act like nothing happened, but the pub manager called the cops. Trammel had to confess to getting busy in the bathroom and she was taken to jail. However, her accomplice was not arrested. Yeah, why because they were in the ladies room.
Speaker 9: But yes, the best sex is at restaurant. They got the best, They got the best bathroom. They really do.
Speaker 1: What where what you so you've got the uni sex bathroom, y'all be No, I'm the only or you could be the only one living in a house you got comfortable with.
Speaker 5: Do it in the bathroom with Jenner.
Speaker 1: Well, we got to go all the way down to today a restaurant. We gotta go to Applebee's before we have.
Speaker 4: Not do it.
Speaker 1: That's difficult of bathroom. You need to go like a mastro that that's a bathroom right there. You got a man work in the bathroom when your times and so you ready?
Speaker 5: All right, Okay, we're moving on. We'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 12: All right, So here's the question guys, what marks the beginning of the holiday season for you? Is there a specific song that puts you in the Christmas spirit? How about a special movie, Carla the Temptations, that's Christmas Eve only that I was, yes, Also Imitation of Life.
Speaker 5: That's another good Christmas movie. So what about you, Steve?
Speaker 6: I know you like.
Speaker 5: Christmas.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I'm going to get to know you said, yeah, this Christmas that's my song.
Speaker 13: I'm you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's number one. And then the Temptations open crawls.
Speaker 1: Mean, now everybody listening for that?
Speaker 8: No, no, it's about.
Speaker 11: Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my jail too. I love that song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, someday Christmas Stevie wonder, I love that.
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 5: You know, someday Christmas? You don't know that one? It ain't beat your song? Its number one. Yeah, that's number.
Speaker 1: One Christmas Steeze Stevie's music. Oh that's my yeahh the albums, Oh, talking Book? Maybe your baby man sound the plane.
Speaker 12: Me?
Speaker 5: Well, is this other me again?
Speaker 1: That boy boy, that's that damn talking book. When he was sitting on that rock, Yeah, that boy right there, he didn't know they had him on the rock. He thought he's doing a photo shoot in the backyard and the lands out in that desert.
Speaker 5: He didn't let you know he was around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so putting on his hands, trying to feel his way around, see where he was right here. Listen to me. Let me tell you something I've been Stevie. Steve ass ain't blind. I don't Bleeve always say that. I told Stepie it's blind. This a hoax. He'd made a lot of money on it. It's a hey. Listen to me. Hi's Stevie blind. You ain't never seen Stevie with a dog all the king. He ain't never fail.
Speaker 16: It just blind to you.
Speaker 1: Never seen running up into nothing. He ain't got no oh no where he ain't never had to unfold his stick, get off showing up places.
Speaker 5: I told youself a hope y other me we're moving on.
Speaker 4: I know it.
Speaker 1: Brother Milton, be withy.
Speaker 12: But all right, coming up, it's Steve Harvey and his closing remarks. You don't want to miss it. At forty nine after the hour, you're listening Harvey Morning Show, back, break of the day, but pretty good day, interesting day, and Steve your closing remarks are back.
Speaker 5: We love them. What do you have for us today?
Speaker 1: Steve, all right it is for today. This is a really uplifting one.
Speaker 7: I just want to talk to you for a minute about dreams, because everybody has them. But dreams are so so important man, because there's a scripture that says something to the effect that a man without a dream or a vision shall perish.
Speaker 1: A man without a dream or a vision shall perish.
Speaker 7: So I mean, just everybody has to dream, and everybody has to envision something.
Speaker 1: It is the thing that pushes us forward.
Speaker 7: It's one of the most important motivating factors in your life today.
Speaker 1: The hope that things will change from you, change for you, from what they are. Now, that's what it is.
Speaker 7: You dream of one day owning a business. You dream of one day of climbing the corporate letter you you dream of one day becoming an attorney. You dream of one day of being a supervisor. You dream of one day driving a certain car. You dream of one day owning the house of your dreams. You dream about traveling around the world. You dream about the man or the woman of your dreams. You dream about the family you've always wanted. You dream about being happy, You dream about being successful. You envision yourself with a lifestyle that you've always wondered about and seen other people living. You envision yourself somewhere else other than where you are. Everybody feels those things, man, But let me explain something to you. As motivating as that is, as motivating as dreams and visions are. Dreams don't work unless you do. Get me now, Dreams don't work unless you do. I was reading a book by Michael Strahan. Michael Strahan's got a book out call or Wake Up Happy, And one of the subtitles on one of his chapters is that too, that dreams don't work unless you do.
Speaker 1: I am telling you, man, that that is such a true statement. Nothing comes to a dreamer but a dream unless you work. Dreams don't work unless you do. Nothing comes to a dreamer but a dream unless you work. Man, You've got to put forth a serious effort to make your dreams come true or the things you envision come to fruition. You've got to put forth a massive all out of salt on it. And why not, what else you got to do?
Speaker 7: I'd brother be working on my dreams and visions than to be sitting there watching.
Speaker 1: My life go by, day after day after day after day and doing nothing about it. Even an inmate that's incarcerated.
Speaker 7: Can get in a program to take his mind outside the walls to further it better himself. So in the event that he does get out, he least comes out with something that they can't take from him.
Speaker 1: Which is knowledge.
Speaker 7: How is it that those of us that are free don't have enough sense to try to do something to better ourselves, our position, or our plight in life. Oh man, you've got to be kidding me. All you got to do is dream. But dreams don't work unless you do.
Speaker 1: Now. Look, it's not easy to make your dreams come true. It's really not. I'll tell you that. But I'll tell you what's that's not easy to do. But I tell you what's harder than do that, be nothing? Because I have been both.
Speaker 7: I have worked so hard to make my dream come true, and I've set around being nothing.
Speaker 1: And I got news for you.
Speaker 7: Sitting around being nothing is hard, man, It's so restrictive.
Speaker 1: Even if you think of something, you can't do that.
Speaker 7: You can't go to store and get an ice cream because you done set around and decided to be nothing.
Speaker 1: And how do you become nothing by doing nothing? It's hard being nothing.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Now let me tell you something. On your way to your dreams, you're gonna hurt. You're gonna hurt along the way. You're gonna have some regrets. Man, I should have stayed on my job. I set up here and jumped trying to start this business. I had a job to kept a steady income coming in. You may have some regrets one day, you may even consider in quitting one day. But don't you do it, because the moment you stop working on your dreams, your dreams stopped becoming true. Dreams don't work unless you do. If you work as hard on your dreams as you do on your job, can do you imagine what you have? Can you possibly imagine what you be? That's what I always say to myself. Why am I working this hard for somebody else when I can work this hall for me? Now, I'm not knocking a job. That's not what I'm saying. Because sometimes you got your dream job. Sometimes you got the job of your dreams. I applaud you. I'm just talking about your dreams, though. If you dream of something other and more than that, when you gonna go Now, if you got your dream job, clap clap, and now millions of people who are working their dream job, or they working a job that can get them to they dream.
Speaker 7: So this is not an anti working statement. This is just about what it takes to make your dreams come true. A man without a dream or vision show parish. I have one simple philosophy in my life, Steve. Why you work so hard while you got so many shows? While you're always doing this? My philosophy is very simple. I spend all my time building my dream so when I get some time, I can.
Speaker 1: Live my dream.
Speaker 7: I've always dreamed of traveling around the world, going to places. I've always dreamed of being relevant to somebody. I've always dreamed of being important to my children. That's why I work so hard. Those are my dreams and visions. What are yours? Dust them off, and remember, dreams don't work unless you do you dig. That's my clothes remarks for today, Ladies and gentlemen, talk to God today. He'd loved to hear from you, y'all. Stay in peace.
Speaker 4: For all.
Speaker 12: Steve Harvery contests no purchase necessary, void We're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey fm dot com.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.