Speaker 1: Don't speak. I know just what you say. Super please stop explain and don't tell me that it hurts.
Speaker 2: By the way, do you guys got to watch this? For some reason landed this in my head. The Netflix documentary about Woodstock ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Oh I did hear about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah that it was a wild You've got to see this Donald. You can't believe I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Is that where the mud fights? Yeah, the mud fights and all that shit.
Speaker 2: It's not mud, it's pooh. They don't know they're pooh.
Speaker 1: A buddy of mine went to Woodstock and has pictures of himself in the mud fights and everything like that. Hey, but I just want you to know you was you was slinging doo doo.
Speaker 2: It's so gross. It's so gross. But you gotta see this Stock. It's three part documentary listeners. I highly recommend that it's it's shocking and really well done. But it's crazy what happened at that fucking festival. Donald Season six, well, I'm not gonna spoil it for anyone. Just insanity. They fucking rioted, they started fires. It's incredible. It's the season six finale.
Speaker 1: And what a finale it is.
Speaker 2: Zech I wrote, I laughed so hard. I've wrote so many notes, but there's a.
Speaker 1: Couple of I think the biggest laugh, as always is Rob Mashow.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, we have a special visitor coming for the listeners today. Joelle is special present for the listeners here. No or Dana, No, okay. We have these very special guests for you listeners, because we love you and we like to give you special treats, especially when it's the season finale of season six.
Speaker 1: We're going to give you two special treats. We're gonna watch the show with you in the next episode and in this episode, the season six finale, we're bringing in a heavy hitter. We're just gonna leave it at that for now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Daniel will let us know and then surprise is year. But how are you a day of shooting and just checking in with you, how are things? Roco had his birthday.
Speaker 1: I saw Rocco is now officially nine years old, nine big ones. It's very interesting because he's taller than nine, Like, he's taller than the average nine year old, and so when I look at him, I see such an older kid, and but he behaves like a nine year old, and you know, you know, what I mean, And it's like, uh, and I have to I have to accept that. I you know, I'm so proud of him. He's blossoming and growing into this really awesome kid right now, and I'm really excited about that. But what I'm really excited about is that, you know, as actors, when you're you know, as actors who have to go across the world and do things and stuff, it's rare that you get to stay home and be with your children. And these past couple of months this summer, I've had the luck of working in LA and it hasn't been like that in a long time, and so it's great. It's great.
Speaker 2: So I'm sure they're so glad that you're around and you could be a part, especially since so much is happening with your kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really interesting. It's really cool, man, you know, it's really My daughter is heavy into dancing and gymnastics and all of that stuff now, and Rocco and basketball as well. And Roco's heavy into basketball, and school's about to start up, and you know, life is life is, it's moving and.
Speaker 2: Aune.
Speaker 1: I think it's good to be alive for anyone right now. I think everybody needs to just sit back, and you know, if you could just take a moment and take a mental polaroid of where you are, you know, in life right now and understand that it's not the goal, isn't uh, isn't waiting for you at the end of the finish line that you know, the goal is the journey that's you know, and you're the journey that you're on. And I'm enjoying this right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's well set, man, And I am too, And I appreciate this, you know, as we end season six, I gotta we gotta always say how much we appreciate you listeners. This is so fun for us. I was preparing for the show just now watching the episode and I'm cracking up. I'm sitting here alone, I'm swiping tears from my eyes, laughing so hard. And I would not be doing that if it weren't for this show. And and so I just want to just shout out you listeners who who you know? You give us the reason to do this and so much joy doing the show, and also of course revisiting scrubs and laughing and knowing that I'm going to get to crack up with with you three is something I look forward to every week, so so thank you.
Speaker 1: And on that note, five eight show made about a bunch of.
Speaker 2: He said, he's a story, all right, so we'll wait for special guests and let's just get into it.
Speaker 1: J y know, he is into it. Huh. At first he's not into it. He's like, I'm gonna save myself for marriage. And then with the it was it the shift of the wind, the change of the wind, and all of a sudden he had movement and there it is and trying to go.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how powerful little side boob can be. Donald. You know, sideboob can bring down a man's defenses.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest, there's a lot of things that can bring down a man's defenses. You put meat in front of a dog, he's going, well every one hundred. My wife always told me, you put meat in front of a dog, it's gonna eat it. That's just real talk.
Speaker 2: Well, he's single, he hasn't had it's implied he hasn't had sex in a long time. Dog, you dog, a dogful woman is in his arms. Dog, she's carrying his baby dog, and all of a sudden there's some side boob swiping. Oh yeah, he's no match for Elizabeth Banks's sideboob.
Speaker 1: And no, nor is any man, nor is anyone, No is any person.
Speaker 2: Here's what I never heard. She says that the baby was moving quite a bit during the intercourse and that he quote enjoyed it. Now, I've never heard that express Donald, you're a man with many kids. Just when when you're in late stage your pregnancy, does the baby mover owned a lot? Is that a thing?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, naturally it does. But you know, I imagine when things into environments.
Speaker 2: I've honestly never heard it.
Speaker 1: I was watching sometimes it could be scary, anything.
Speaker 2: Like get the fuck out of it?
Speaker 1: WHOA what is how are you? What you're doing up in here?
Speaker 2: I never get out of my space.
Speaker 1: This is this is my room.
Speaker 2: I've honestly never room. I've never heard it discussed. I've heard people make jokes about like, oh, we can't have sex, I have a baby in me, But I've never heard of like the actual biology if if the baby reacts to during intercourse until this episode, I.
Speaker 1: Mean don't doesn't, doesn't can't seem and like cause labor also, like I don't know, man, you know they.
Speaker 4: Do they do encourage. Like if you know you're very pregnant and you do dates right around the corner and you're like, I want this baby out of me, They're like, sex can help. I don't know how that works, but sex.
Speaker 2: Donald just said the semen. I would think it's the movement.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think. I think it's all of it. I think it's all of the lubrication.
Speaker 2: Can you google whether semen can induce labor? Because I don't think that's true. It's a fake doctor.
Speaker 1: Listen as a fake doctor. It can be true.
Speaker 2: Hold on as a fake doctor. Anything anything.
Speaker 1: I can say, whatever the funk I want. I'm afraid I've never stood up here and said this.
Speaker 3: I'm a real doctor.
Speaker 1: You should take what I say. It's fact as much about that.
Speaker 2: If a very pregnant woman is listening, I don't want her to being like, oh let me go get some seeming because I'm ready to give birth.
Speaker 1: Sperm banks would be off the chain right now, get out just.
Speaker 4: Whoa Okay, everyone settle in for this, So.
Speaker 1: For right let's just start with that. Let's just start.
Speaker 4: Sexual activity, especially having an orgasm can really sexytocin, which may help jump start eatering.
Speaker 1: Contractions.
Speaker 4: Also for pregnant people who have sex with men, there are pro glanden hormones and semen that might help ripen the cervix.
Speaker 1: Oh, Donald, I only know this because I did a movie called Home Delivery that involved uh some rip the cervix, and so I know this. It's coming soon, y'all. So when you get the chance, go check out Home Delivery.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, Donald, I would have never guessed you were right about that. But everyone, it's about intercourse. Don't do shots of semen.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no, don't drink it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, even Daniel saying, oh my god. All right, so we got lots to talk about. So then we see a montage that they are three weeks go by and they're feeling each other. They're they're they're they're making it, they're building the crib, they're doing all the stereotypic couple about to have a baby things. And we learned that Elliott's wedding is in one week and so things are really building up. The janitor didn't get his invite because.
Speaker 1: She hold up before we go, Before we go for forward, I thought this was really interesting how uh JD and Elliott are sharing the A storyline and the B storyline is janitor, the janitor and the brain Trust. Uh how often does that happen? I don't think we've paid attention necessarily to that while making the show, but you know, I just found that very interesting that the two of them shared, like the his storyline, JD's storyline with Kim, and Elliott's storyline with Keith. We're all a part of our marrying they're sort of mirroring. Yeah, they're all kind of the same storyline. And then the B storyline is the brain Trust and the Janitor.
Speaker 2: All right, uh Donald, special guest is here, Daniel Timpani, Please some really juicy timpany some season six finale Timpany.
Speaker 1: I can't believe we did it.
Speaker 2: I can't let you and let special guest him.
Speaker 1: Yay, No, I mean it was make more noise, more noise.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: I feel I feel like there is a concerted effort to not get me to join my podcast today.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about.
Speaker 2: This whole season six? Bill, We've been talking about how you're We said, oh, we should do it, ask Bill, and then we're always like, no, he's way too busy. We can't even ask to and ask Bill.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just so you guys know, it's good to see you all again.
Speaker 3: I had a weird moment this morning because it is the first time I drove into the set and that security guard didn't say, I love your podcast.
Speaker 2: We have to tell the audience if you haven't been keeping track. Bill has been doing something I never really knew someone could possibly do, and that is show running two big ass shows simultaneously on different coasts, one in Miami and one in lah Bill, how the hell are you? You've just finished? Do you want to get in the fetal position? What's happening in your hearing?
Speaker 3: Man? I'm okay. I missed.
Speaker 5: I miss you guys. It makes me really happy to be Look, I liked my job a lot.
Speaker 3: I'm never going to do that again.
Speaker 5: I was a giant mistake, but uh, I want to stay.
Speaker 3: I want to stay on this though, because I was really I didn't get to prepare because Danill even knows I was going to send something. I've been working on some new caracter. I'll tell you what I need A new character. Interrupting guy, anybody you know what the problem was. I kept trying to obsess about a funnier way to do interrupting guy and interrupting Bill, and I haven't, uh, I haven't been able to beat I Still people still talk to me on social media about when interrupting Bill interrupted me interrupting you guys.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like that.
Speaker 2: It was like inception.
Speaker 5: I got a new one. I'm gonna ruin it, so it can't be one. But I think we should come up with a new character for me today would be helpful for me.
Speaker 2: My new one.
Speaker 5: Was and I wanted to do, Uh, I'm not finished talking about this guy.
Speaker 3: So here's here's my idea. My idea was to talk about something Donald and I'd have to talk to you about it before that is going to annoy Zach, Bill, Zach, can we finished? Can we be done talking about this? And then I was gonna say, yeah, all right, I'm done talking about this. But when I say that, that would be Daniel's cue to hit a button.
Speaker 1: And I'm not talking about this.
Speaker 2: My favorite part of this, part of this, my favorite part of this is Bill in post on two giant shows and instead he's sitting there brainstorming on a new character for the podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm not done talking about this guy.
Speaker 1: Isn't bad No, that's great.
Speaker 2: To have to prepare.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, in my head, I have to find a great topic that Donald and I can riff on. It will eventually annoy Zach and then Zach can go, oh my god, we start talking about this, and then maybe Donald I would work it out and say we're done. And that's when that's when my prompt of the guy that's not done talking about this was the last point. I think we could do that, Donald, And if we're careful, Zach will never see it coming, even with this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's about a basketball player, I might see it coming.
Speaker 1: You don't see it coming, regardless of what it is. I don't think. I don't think you'll see it coming.
Speaker 2: All right, Phil, I have questions. This is the season six finale. It's the last episode on NBC.
Speaker 3: I believe, I think so. And no, no, season seven was the last episode on NBC because they juggled the order of it. It was a shortened season seven, and they made the Princess Bride homage the finale, even though it was not the finale.
Speaker 2: I see now, is there something? Is there some reason? On scrubs Wiki, it says this is the last one that Touchstone that has the Touchstone TV logo on it? Is this when like ABC changed their name or something.
Speaker 1: Could it be?
Speaker 3: I don't know, you know, it's weird.
Speaker 2: I was. I'll just tell you what it says, and it made mean nothing, but it says this is the last episode to use the two thousand and four Touchstone television logo since the season four premiere. That's just something un scrubs wiki. Maybe you don't know what the hell that's about.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 5: It's because Touchdone used to be their studio and then they just all became Disney.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Got it? Got it? Got it? Oh, they changed to Disney Memory.
Speaker 5: There used to be Touchdowners too, and it became obsolete.
Speaker 1: I missed, I missed Touchstone. And there was one other one that wasn't there another Disney movie. It was Touchtone and something else.
Speaker 5: Touchtone with Disney's kind of cool you know.
Speaker 1: Can't Buy Me Love and all of those. Yeah, and it went away.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't think you're allowed in these times to have a company name that starts with touch.
Speaker 2: Bill, did you? I know we were always kind of going year by year. Was there any thought in your mind that this could be the last season of the last episode of the show.
Speaker 3: No, I knew this one wasn't the last. They were doing the show right then, And remember, we probably would have stayed on It's a good trivia for next year. If it weren't for the writers strike, we would probably would have stayed on NBC even longer. That just kind of confused things, right, and that happened this season, seventh.
Speaker 5: Season season, then seventh season is shortened.
Speaker 3: And the one thing that still is one of my top five scrubs internet traffic about when the writers strike hit, we had a bunch of episodes in the can, but not one that could conceivably be NBC series finale. So they juggled it and they made the Princess Bride episode, which was really cool, Yes, the season finale, and hinted it could be the series finale.
Speaker 5: But if it was the series finale, it made no sense and.
Speaker 3: It made me very mad.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm frustrated about that too, because I directed it, and you and I and the whole crew and Cass put so much love into that, And then I feel like it was sort of judged harshly because people were judging it as the series finale.
Speaker 3: It was very weird.
Speaker 2: Never we never meant it to. I mean, you know, I think people would have loved it and digested it differently if they thought, oh, this is just a super out of the box episode of Scrubs, as opposed to we're ending the series on this.
Speaker 3: They did what was their right and they flipped the order. So Ken Jenkins's character Kelso had even already left the hospital and then for some reason in the season finale he's back working there again.
Speaker 2: It was very weird. Yeah, yeah, well yeah, back to this one.
Speaker 3: Back to this one.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I was just gonna just put that in to comparison, uh, with everything that's shifting at Warner Brothers. I mean, that's just how it goes. Man. The business is the business, and I know fans get pissed off about stuff like that, but there's nothing that we as creatives can do about that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Well, there is there is, I'll tell you there, Okay, yes, here.
Speaker 1: Is going to release.
Speaker 2: What did I just start?
Speaker 3: What did I go? There is? I just hit a button in.
Speaker 2: I watched the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Right now, watched the whole Instagram.
Speaker 2: Have you guys had Instagram. He's broken back Girl into many instant stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah. By the way, I'm making more time for social media now, maybe if I start acting it out the uh.
Speaker 5: So, here's the people like to say that things are changing. They aren't changing. It's just more of the same. And what I mean by that is, uh.
Speaker 3: The one truth is that the businesses and powers that be in Hollywood will always do understandably.
Speaker 5: I'll be careful what's right for them till the end of time.
Speaker 3: The story of Batgirl, there's a thousand stories like that, of expensive pilots and shows and movies shelved and redone.
Speaker 2: That's what Donald said when I was saying it's never been done before.
Speaker 5: Been done billion times.
Speaker 2: No, I know what I meant was with a ninety million dollar feature, I don't think that's been done before. But Donald's yet last week was saying, well, yeah, but think about pilots. It's it's maybe not as much money, but it's a fuck load of money.
Speaker 3: Think about the amount of movies and TV shows that were completely reshot to make it.
Speaker 5: By the way, one of the most famous things they made the Game of Thrones pilot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And by the way, also Zach if you add up we're Saanda is a new thing? How is this that much different than all the super expensive I could have added up TV pilots that were made, invested in shot, and then never allowed to be shown to anybody I personally have made. I'm just counting them a cool seventy five million dollars worth of pilots that were never seen by a single person that exists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's exactly what Donald was saying last week. I get it.
Speaker 3: And the opposite side of this, I will tell you that a cool thing for content creators is that there is still a leverage shift. Once you do something that everybody digs, and the second you do something that everybody digs, the leverage shift goes from the studio and company paying for it to the creators make and making it and the people in it. But that's the fact that that hasn't changed yet is great. So even in the Netflix model where they say, oh, Netflix, you're going to do three years and be gone, right, Stranger Fiction, you know is strangely it's still on because there's a leverage shift on that show, you know, because it the creators and people that make it so in demand.
Speaker 5: You know that they get to keep doing whatever the heck they want to keep doing, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and so Stranger Things, Stranger Things.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's strange fiction by because I was thinking about a weird movie. Stranger Things there, you know, did not do two seasons and go out like other Netflix shows.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? It's it's going to do five seasons.
Speaker 3: It looks like yeah, and like look even uh ted Lasso is a great example because when it was pitched, it was definitely pitched as a two or three season show, and everybody was fine with that. And now it is, without a doubt, one hundred percent Jason Sudeikis's prerogative how long that show goes on? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Do you want to give us any Do you want to give us any any any if you were to tell us Bill, we would get so many listens, We would get a lot of publicity.
Speaker 1: Would maybe we can say click for our podcast.
Speaker 3: It can be you know why even if I even if I knew, I wouldn't But I don't know, because it is so firmly mister Sudacus's calls for himself.
Speaker 5: And I think that's the cool beauty of this show is he'll know and he'll let people know.
Speaker 3: When it's time to let him know. You know, Yeah, Zach was one of the things I was doing. Zach was in it Donald and he was very very good. Uh And I won't do any spoilers because he had to do drama and violence and uh uh be a drug addict and he absolutely crushed it.
Speaker 2: And I had to thank you.
Speaker 3: I had not seen our friend Zach act in a while, and it made me think I got to see my friend Donald act in one of these things too. Man, it's been too long. I A.
Speaker 1: I agree, you know what I agree on, understood, But I will say this, Zach is leveled up in his acting. He was good, but he's leveled up.
Speaker 3: By the way. I will say this.
Speaker 2: I don't how Bill, out of all these years, Bill came to me almost surprised, like, you're really good in that?
Speaker 1: Done.
Speaker 3: I used to get pegged on this all the time, the ultimate infult, which is I use the word actually, you were actually really good in that. But I will say this, I got a good topic for this. And then you can go back to the show because it's back takes it back to all of us. You guys can use this or not use this. So since we did that thing in Texas, I'm always inundated with people asking if we're gonna reboot Scrubs, And I always, you know, because we said, yeah, we'll do it sometime. We will do it sometime, right because it'll be fun and we love each other. And that picture of all of us at dinner and gives me joy whenever I see it. But none of us are you know, none of us are like going like, oh, we have to make it happen tomorrow.
Speaker 5: We'll just do it sometime. But don't you think the three of us idiots should work together before that and figure out a way to all work together.
Speaker 2: You had me in Hello. I was.
Speaker 1: You had me when you said don't you think.
Speaker 2: You had me when you said.
Speaker 3: It could be about uh, by the way, it could be about an upstart podcast that I run.
Speaker 1: This, but this will this will be good.
Speaker 3: He has a cool, savvy producer named Joel, and.
Speaker 2: I just a woman who can play Joel. But you know, man, you know Dan, We're good all we love We love you, man, and we were dying to do something with you. I never I was literally swiping tears from laughter watching this episode Bill and and and it's how many years ago? And it just makes me laugh so hard. Uh has said are obviously it goes without saying, we'd love to do anything with you.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what's that was one of my other characters is steal your idea guy, So if you want to bring us in, what it would be funny to see Zach and Donald do together?
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good runner for season seven?
Speaker 3: Feel it? Yes?
Speaker 2: Instead of this is great?
Speaker 5: All right, that's a great I just need a legal disclaimer.
Speaker 3: Yes, an idea. If you make the mistake saying what your idea is and anything close to your idea shows up, that's not my problem.
Speaker 1: No, you're carrying on the show. You're carrying.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to sign something like if we actually make a show out of it, they get like you a checker.
Speaker 3: They get a T shirt, they get a shirt.
Speaker 2: No, but how fun would it be for season seven? Is instead of fix your life and instead of random questions, it's just pitch your idea for the Zach and Donald Bill Larne show.
Speaker 1: How many times do you think we'd be were wolves? You know, doctor doctor Akila would be doctor.
Speaker 2: We'd have to make a role that you can't pitch doctor Acula. Right, okay, so all right, you can't get back. Let's get it can't be related to Scrubs because then then then it's owned by somebody else. All right, let's talk about.
Speaker 1: All right, so this is official. So the new instead of fix your life, the new segment at the end of the show is that I'll do next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, send us a memo to Scrubs iHeart at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: There, yeah, there you go, and then we'll this is why, this is why this podcast belongs to Bill Guys.
Speaker 2: This is well it happens Joel. What happens Joel has time to figure out the document that people need to sign from when we actually made the show.
Speaker 3: I'd say, bye, Zach, you've been around it before. If anybody makes a mistake of talking about an idea in front of me, I generally say I own twenty percent.
Speaker 2: But we know from doing the show with you that you'd be like, what did you guys do this weekend? A week later, Hey, we're a little stuck in the writer's room. What did you guys do this weekend? We tried to get into a club and I was wearing a giant clock around my neck and the bouncer wouldn't let.
Speaker 1: It did not happen. There's no ya, Zach.
Speaker 3: You can almost believe it happened.
Speaker 2: Yea. All right, So Bill, I don't know if you have a chance to watch the episode or not, but we'll remind you of things.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch it, but I read the wiki thing and I remember it very well, and I have some good trivia about it.
Speaker 1: All right, before we do that, we're going to take a break. We'll be right back after right now, and.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 1: And it came it's so smooth with.
Speaker 2: Bill, and we're back is really for the host.
Speaker 3: So we gotta take another little break for a second. We gotta take another little bro you should probably break now. It's take a little break. We're back, guys, now, we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 2: Please don't the audience doesn't want to hear unnecessary commercial.
Speaker 3: I got another character.
Speaker 2: So listen when when Cox kicks everybody out of the lobby, Bill, I believe you're one of the people that's running out of the gift shop and stealing from the gift shop.
Speaker 5: It takes something.
Speaker 2: But first of all, I didn't understand, for I didn't see your cameo. But I saw on Scrubs Wiki that it says you're one of the people. But then I didn't understand why I Cox screams everyone out of the lobby, everyone out of here, and and and and then people really they they loose the gift shop.
Speaker 3: I just want you to know that, aside from my embarrassing cameos which I intended, which is the priest and then the janitor at the end, every other cameo I had on this show happened because you were shooting a scene on the first floor and I was on the way to the kitchen.
Speaker 1: To steal.
Speaker 2: Or the top of a muffin.
Speaker 3: If I if I were to the kitchen and they were doing something that I could put myself in, I would stop and put myself in out of sheer boredom.
Speaker 2: In my Scrubs world, you the janitor and the and the and the minister in Bahammad's are the same guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense. Probably, By the way, my favorite cameo I put myself in was there was an episode where other people that the B team had the voiceover. It was Christa and the Todd and Sam Lloyd all had voiceovers in one episode and Chris. We're in the coffee place. I was going to get a call coffee and she says the reason that she was such a horrible person is that her parents were very mean to her. And you can actually hear me in the background in the line, but apparently her parents were very mean.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we did that one. We did that episode.
Speaker 5: And by the way, that was nobody even knew.
Speaker 3: I was going to say it's off, Mike, because I just walked in there and said that I was very It was probably my proudest camera. Whatever we do together is going to have to have a component that I'm allowed to walk in and say something what I feel like.
Speaker 2: Okay, those of you, those of you prepared to pitch your ideas, write in random appearance as a built I love that all your random appearances have to do with you going to the kitchen to get a snack.
Speaker 5: I'm in the show whenever I was really hungry.
Speaker 1: Yes, I remember the John but Juice Face. Do you remember the John but Juice Face? Where you came to set every morning with the John but Juice That was like three years in the room. Yeah, and then we put it.
Speaker 3: We put that whole thing in the show because I was weird about which one I liked, and I think we had you saying that I can't remember what.
Speaker 1: It was orange goo goo orange, which.
Speaker 3: Is not a smoothie flavor, but came out.
Speaker 2: So Bill, I don't know if you remember this, but after you loot the gift shop because Cox has screamed at everyone to go, a plant stands up and runs animated. An animated plant longs down.
Speaker 3: One of the top five worst things we've ever done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and by the way, it's so stort random.
Speaker 3: Ask me if the animation is very good.
Speaker 2: Is the animation a good, Bill, No, it's horrible. It's really bad to this day and age Donald could have done the stop motion and would looked really fucking awesome.
Speaker 5: By the way, Donald's stop motions getting good.
Speaker 1: I'm working on it.
Speaker 2: He leveled up and I'm.
Speaker 1: Working on it. I'm working on it.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 1: Why is Colonel Doctor never invited to any Oh my god.
Speaker 2: There's a really you just had an episode where Sarah, really this is Colonel Doctor in terms of her wedding invites, And in this episode, Jordan, this is Colonel Doctor to be invited to the baptism. The poor guy gets a lot of hate in the hospital.
Speaker 3: By the way, you know that you remember who Colonel Doctors's son is. It's Lloyd, Yes, Mike Schwartz, a meth addicted bad You guys, remember what Colonel Doctor's.
Speaker 1: Real name is? Coleman.
Speaker 2: You're talking to to guys, we're just watched most of the Scrubs series.
Speaker 1: Bill.
Speaker 5: It's Cole Slot and Lloyd Swasky.
Speaker 1: And Lloyd Slowsky, Lloyd Slosky.
Speaker 2: Mike Schwartz. Mike Schwartz has a few laughs in this episode because he's to remind you that janitors replaced Doug. I believe place.
Speaker 1: Johnny Castle is very funny on the outskirts watching, you know, watching from the outside in.
Speaker 2: Let's just remind you audience of a few plot points here. So the janitor in this episode has has been invited to Sarah's wedding at Elliott's wedding, and he's so shocked. He in fact, she hugs him. And I don't think we've ever seen or do ever see the janitor. Oh maybe other than lady. We don't ever see him hug anybody else.
Speaker 5: He hugs Carl up, but not really hugging.
Speaker 3: He's trying.
Speaker 5: He hugs her and picks her up and shakes her back and forth, thank you for being in the picture.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's right, that's right, that's right. But he gets a hug from Blonde doctor who we we know he has a special place in his heart and Blonde and then so then he assembles the brain Trust to figure out how what he can get her as a wedding present. And he's decided to kick Doug out of the brain Trust and replace Doug with Lloyd Lloyd Sluwsky.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, he never he never thought Doug was offering that much to the brain Trust.
Speaker 1: Yeah right.
Speaker 2: In fact, the brain Trust we learned to have special pagers, and he asked Doug to return the special pager.
Speaker 3: Do you know who my favorite brain Trust member was that we had trouble getting back because I don't even know if she was acting or doing other things.
Speaker 2: Crazy Margo, Yeah, crazy Eyes Margo did disappear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was they all did. So did Troy. Troy's gone.
Speaker 3: Troy's gone. Troy was by the way, the brain Trust was always evolving, uh, and it always gave me great joy to see it. Every time.
Speaker 5: I think tarn was in the brain Trust for a second, we haven't.
Speaker 1: Gotten to Tarran yet. I can't wait for this.
Speaker 2: Must be season seven, season seven.
Speaker 1: Here we go either season seven or eight, one or the other.
Speaker 2: So there's a joke about how couples can finish each other's sentences, and we think it's gonna be car but then it's me Donald, I mean, and I tell you that I hit it good, rowdy style. You got to look out because it's dangerous.
Speaker 1: I ain't notting happened to that baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's talking about having intercourse with a very pregnant woman. Donald's an expert in knowing uh wow, how how to be careful wow sex? Kids?
Speaker 5: Was doctor Cox's kids confirmation in this.
Speaker 2: Uh the baptism Baptist Baptist?
Speaker 5: Was that like with the in the sun and do we do?
Speaker 3: Because I think? And then do we still?
Speaker 1: Do we still?
Speaker 5: Was that with Cheryl Hines or was that a different one?
Speaker 2: That's a different one one.
Speaker 1: This is what this is with little j d Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jordan Is is really fucking with Cox in this episode. And she's made jd uh me Jennifer Dillon Jennifer, but she's made Yeah, she made me the godfather. And Cox will do anything he can to change this. He's he's just promising, and she's trying to negotiate with Jordan. He's trying to negotiate with jd.
Speaker 3: If I remember correctly, you just said can she be named Jennifer Dillon and she said sure?
Speaker 1: Why not? I think so happened yet, that is what happened. That's because he didn't show up for something and you were there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he missed the birth.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, And Jordan is just taking such glee and kissing Perry off.
Speaker 1: And the baby's big already. Wow, yeah, it's only been two episodes. The baby's sitting.
Speaker 3: You guys ever talked about this on TV? It's you got two choices, either the baby's big or like. I also don't like covering a one year old baby with fake viscous stuff. When it's born, it's always baby.
Speaker 2: You know. But you have to do that because you obviously can't use a newborn. You have to use a young baby. And they put this like jelly on it to make it look you can't use the fake baby. The fake baby looks so bad.
Speaker 1: It's terrifying, you know what.
Speaker 5: I can't believe we didn't do on a show that had fantasies.
Speaker 3: Is the fact that we never did a baby being born, and the fantasy of it having either Donald's or your face, Zach, and just being one of you already on a baby.
Speaker 1: Do we have was the special effects level. I mean we had a plan.
Speaker 3: We remember float Floating and Doctor is just Zach going around like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was fun to shoot floating head Doctor because I would just put the green screen suit on and just bop around.
Speaker 1: Didn't you wear that?
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 1: Conan?
Speaker 2: That was when I when I had done Oz the Great and Powerful, and I was talking about being the the you know, the the little bell hop monkey sidekick. I we did a whole bit about how I. Conan asked how he did it, and I said, you know, they had a puppet and everything, but most of the time it was it was better for the other actors, so they just acted on me, acted off with me. So I just wore like a green screen suit and like duck down and then and then we did a whole bit where.
Speaker 1: The green screen suit was very revealing.
Speaker 3: Snug. I remember snug.
Speaker 1: I remember the photos that are online. Are you covering up your junk with your hands?
Speaker 5: I remember being snug and very cold apparently.
Speaker 2: I remember I made a joke to him because I was nervous. I was self conscious about being in the onesie, and I said, I'm going to cover it because I don't want the audience to see my moose knuckle. And he had never heard that term, so he started cracking up at moose knuckles.
Speaker 5: Proud Moments, crowd moments of your Earth.
Speaker 2: It was really funny. There's a really funny gift of or maybe it's a videot but of me like air humping in the green screen suit on Conan and Andy Richter, and Conan's faces are so funny. They're both like they both like look away, all right. The gift ideas. Ted's gift idea for blonde Doctor's wedding is that he got his mom quote the weird birth control thing that they sew under your armskin.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's funny because he got it for his mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and his mom loves it. Apparently.
Speaker 3: Apparently is a great gift Happy Birthday.
Speaker 2: Lloyd suggests robbing someone's home and bringing all the all of the houses contents as the wedding gifts.
Speaker 1: Okay, I wrote this down and I hope I'm not skipping too for I hope I'm not skipping your head. You're not my mom, Jim?
Speaker 2: Is that is that?
Speaker 1: Okay? Okay, all right, next time, let's say let's.
Speaker 2: That's fine to wait. I just wanted to say that real quickly, that the urologist that Kelso hates and is fine re hiring Kim because he hates the urologist on scrubs Wicki says, is Mike Henry, who was the voice of Cleveland Brown.
Speaker 5: Yep, he was friends with you and Garrett from Family Guy.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it got it.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that, but that was uh and.
Speaker 3: He had the was there and was very popular because he had done You could still find this on the internet. I don't know if you guys remember it he started. It would have been huge now before things really like had TikTok and funny Virals. He invented a fake TV show called You've Been Kicked in the Nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that, you just got Kicked in the nuts.
Speaker 3: And the whole thing was he Mike Henry in a in a wig or it would run up and kick people in the nuts and they would chase him to try and beat him up, and uh uh he would interrupt him, but mam, mam, mam, he's been kicked in the nuts and you're pointing camera and then the guy or girl who got kicked in the nuts would be so happy that they were on the TV show.
Speaker 1: By the way I saw it.
Speaker 5: But go go online later and just do you've been kicked in the nuts? You'll And then Neil does it.
Speaker 1: I think Neil does a couple of them too. Neil's like all we all did.
Speaker 3: A bunch of us, did him.
Speaker 5: They were a huge comedy writers back in the day.
Speaker 1: You just got kicking the nuts.
Speaker 2: I should give a shout out Neil Goldman because he's one of Bill's main writers on one of his new shows and I got Shrinking. Yeah, sorry, I should say he's show running the new show Shrinking. And I just got to spend a lot of time with him when I was directing, and he's so funny and such a good dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so funny. So and you guys remember him from years and he was one of the people that stayed I think almost the whole way. I mean they left before season nine, but they stayed through eight years.
Speaker 1: He's also he's also he's also one of the writers I mean a few of the writers have done this, but he's also one of the writers that's had major success after where he's gone on to show run and create his own shows on other networks.
Speaker 3: And well, the original staff of that show, almost everybody created their own show or ran another great show, or won Emmy's for something else. They were all that, the original staff that shows all rock stars.
Speaker 1: I just did want to Gabby. I just did one of Gabby shows I did.
Speaker 3: Did you do the one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, House Pets? Yeah, yeah, very funny man, very funny, a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Neil, I said, we got to have you on the podcast, and he goes, what podcasts?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, right, No, he was doing a bit every time.
Speaker 1: That's just how he rolls.
Speaker 2: He literally listens to see if his name ever gets back. He's being delighted that he got a shout out in this one. All right, JD approaches the new nurses Stan and says, hey, Roger rerun. Probably the most mentioned sitcom in the entire run of No.
Speaker 5: Guys is What's Happening neck and neck with Sanford and Son.
Speaker 2: Right, but What's Happening does get a lot of shout outs, including a cameo from from Rerun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, r I P man.
Speaker 5: He was awesome that day.
Speaker 3: By the way, you guys watch that.
Speaker 5: So many crew members snuck into that big dancing fantasy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing everybody. Spiller Spiller, who is an avid listener our one of our favorite directors, Michael Spiller, is in there. He was obviously directing that episode. He's got he's got the outfit on.
Speaker 5: If he wasn't directing that episode, it's a new level of intrusion.
Speaker 1: That just that day I heard rerun Berry's in there. I gotta get in the picture.
Speaker 3: But yeah, hey, hey, hey, what's happening? Raj was probably neck and neck with Safford and Son. You forget, like even in Donald's Brain Fantasy with uh, Carla and Heather Graham and Sarah all in there and we're inside Donald's brain. The background music is the Safford and Sun theme song.
Speaker 2: That was my favorite. It really was my It really was my favorite show, which one What's happening? He Safford Son, What's happening? It was my favorite show as a kid.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell Mama, Yeah, I'll tell mom.
Speaker 2: These kids today will never know the genius of what's happening. So Carla asked, Elliott, did you do that thing that all guys want us to do?
Speaker 1: What is this thing?
Speaker 3: Or no?
Speaker 2: Wait before I think it's meant to be.
Speaker 3: I can remember, I can remember somebody's finished the setup. You finished.
Speaker 5: There's writers from talking about this.
Speaker 2: I assume it's meant to be just a left up for interpretation for everyone's mind. I actually threesome gets discounted because you see later that there's not it's not a thrisome But she says, did you do that thing all guys want us to do but we swore we'd never do?
Speaker 1: Well. She says that because Keith's acting, Keith's acting like a freaking like whatever she wants him to do, he's doing it, and he's doing it happily to us.
Speaker 2: Carla says, no, I'm saving that bullet for a diamond tennis bracelet. Now, later on in the episode, Carla is proudly wearing a diamond tennis in the bed. So, now, build, am I correct that you wanted the audience to just insert whatever thing that they know.
Speaker 3: Punished one of my Yes, it's one of my favorite things about sexual in comedy, and this is not the most famous version of this. I have been asked so many times what Jake character played by Josh Randall, whispered to Elliott before and we needed Elliott read to break up with this character. Jake was on the show, ed, Josh Randley's a funny actor, and we couldn't think of why so she and if you remember back in that episode she said, we finally came up with she should say, you should be able to tell me what your fantasies are and what you would really like us to do together. Okay, and then we cut to he's forged to whisper, and we cut outside. She's walking out, gone, we're done.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Jake, I remember that, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And that's when we decided that anytime we're stuck like that, it's better to say, like everybody knows what it is, and then just with the audience decide and then you can judge when you meet people how disturbed they are.
Speaker 2: Right. But also it allows you to not say anything to Naughty on NBC. I guess it gets you around.
Speaker 1: No, because your imagination automatically doc's bad man, I will say.
Speaker 3: This time, you guys have said it.
Speaker 2: All I know is that Carl Gottard Tennison, you.
Speaker 3: Guys have said it before, and I don't know if I'm proud or not proud. I feel for Network Television that Scrubs is hop five filthiest shows ever.
Speaker 2: It is, Oh dude, there, I mean, I can't believe that when people are tell me they're watching this with their kids, because I'm watching it now at forty seven and I'm like, oh my god, I would never watch this with my kid.
Speaker 1: I tell my daughters and I tell my daughter and my son to leave the room. Yeah, put it on you guys. Guys got to get out of here.
Speaker 2: I think Matt Tarsis told me he was all proud that his like thirteen year old was watching the show at the time, and then he was like, oh, it's kind I feel proud. He's kind of circling back and watching one of my shows. And then he walked in the room and like walked right account because it was so uncomfortable. Rough well, I you know, you know, to remind the audience that at the time there was no streaming. There was there was the half hour comedy was was as I as I remember, solely on Network TV, and you were trying to see how far you could push it.
Speaker 3: Well, we had not, not just for being filthy, for filthy's sake, but remember I would say the number one show was Will and Grace. They pushed it.
Speaker 1: They pushed it real far far. I mean we did. We did have bulge jiggle in this episode. But Will and Grace did push it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we got and I believe, Oh it's not the final bulge because this bill well, let's just get to it because we'll we'll circle back to the stuff.
Speaker 3: Just remember one of the rules of this show that I said earlier. We had beautiful women female actresses on this show, and uh and very handsome men well, and such a strong diverse writing staff that we said, if we're going to enter the world of sex and sex comedy.
Speaker 5: And we're going to show girls and underwear doing.
Speaker 3: Sexy thing, it had to be equal opportunity representation in the filthiness and in the revealing this.
Speaker 5: So there's just as much. By the way Todd and Banana hammocks exactly what I was just talking about, I know it exists.
Speaker 3: Because or like you can't just go, oh, Sarah, you got to be in a bra and underwear in this, you know without going donald, you have to be.
Speaker 1: Sock.
Speaker 2: I was in the sock too. It works.
Speaker 1: Well, all I know is there was a bit of jiggle with the bulge.
Speaker 2: Well let's talk about the bulge. We'll come back to we were jumping him, but we'll come back. So the janitor gets everyone together in the in the break room, the brain trust and his scenario. They're trying to they kidnap Keith and they're trying to run him through uh being, trying to make sure there's gonna be a good husband to Elliott. Now, the first thing is he says an example, he used an example, how are you gonna be if she loses the ability to use vowels? Gives an example of her talking.
Speaker 1: He goes, he goes, he goes, he goes, oh yeah, he goes, he goes, that's wait. First it goes, you'd be the janitor, I'll be Keith. All right, ready, go you gotta do the first part where he goes, how are you gonna do when he wakes.
Speaker 2: To behave if she how are you gonna behave if she loses the ability to use vowels?
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous? And then he goes, oh yeah, then he goes, he goes, I find that. I find that to be a very poor answer from when somebody wakes up and they say I can't even do the ship.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's just made up by Neil, but it's like.
Speaker 1: I can't do it because I'm saying and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But he was able to Oh, it's Neil being hilarious. Man. So wait, that's the first thing. And then the janitor comes up with a rehearsal scenario, and the janitor's uh sets up the scenario where Keith has brought home his gay ultimate frisbee teammate lands Play played by Todd Tod. Rob goes, I should probably take my pants off.
Speaker 1: And the janitor goes, wait for your queue.
Speaker 2: Waiting for your queue, and then Rob sits down next to ke to Keith, and he stands up and he pulls off like bell Crow pulls off the fucking pants and he's wearing his sparkled regal bulgy sparkled red banana. Ha.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course he is.
Speaker 2: And there's definitely jingle.
Speaker 1: There's definitely there's no way you get away with that.
Speaker 3: Not real jiggle, but there's definitely jiggle.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's real. I think he's well doubted. Bill. I have to tell you, I thought this was I thought this was the season we moved to ABC after, and I was like, this is definitely why they said no more.
Speaker 3: Odds. Banana Hammock was never visible on ABC. He always had to be shot from the waist up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, this is.
Speaker 3: Also because I mean, I'm sure people figure it out by now, but the writers had long ago decided that Todd was We didn't even say bisexual. We said at one time, I think we said metrosexual. That he will have sex with.
Speaker 1: Anything, anything. But I don't know if that's the right.
Speaker 2: What is the right Joel, you're open, if you're open to everything, Joel, you're fluid, right, that's the right way to say.
Speaker 4: You could say fluid. You might say Polly actual relationships with people.
Speaker 2: Yes, young and old. Age. He doesn't care about age.
Speaker 3: You just care about God respects hot regardless of age or gender. He said that on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, I want to say the funniest, the hardest I laughed was when after the Banana Hamman's revealed, you cut to Lloyd and he wins. He literally goes like this.
Speaker 3: That was real reaction, not a character reaction.
Speaker 2: It was so funny.
Speaker 5: Did you guys know Rob is the type of guy that would do it for his off camera as we.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 2: He's such a giving actor that he would reveal the banana having for off camera. Doug suggests, let's circle back. Doug suggests a tour in the wine country for his gift, and and then Ted says, we can't control what kind of husband he's going to be. And then Janitor puts on sunglasses and says, or can.
Speaker 1: We who has the sunglasses on their head? Somebody has a sunglasso. He goes, let me borrow your sunglasses real quick, and he puts them on just so he could do that, and.
Speaker 2: Then he goes and then he says, repeat it, and so Sam repeats it exactly the same.
Speaker 1: Almost, he almost doesn't exactly the same. He's late on the queue with his with his hand, but he realizes he's late to yo Sam Lloyd dude genius, Sam genius, dude, genius.
Speaker 2: Man almost having Sam was having fun this episode. He was like he was, he was he was extra playing. He was funny. Anyway, he repeats the line the janitor does it with the sunglasses. Uh can we see j D writing in his Unicorn journal you have Jordans call me Nancy, no chin, which I found hurtful even this years later.
Speaker 1: Buddy, buddy, you.
Speaker 5: Have more of a chin than I do.
Speaker 3: Right now, your chin looks good.
Speaker 2: Don't have that. You know I don't have that much of a chin.
Speaker 1: You turn when you turn sideways, You're right, you don't. But straight up, thank you, Zach.
Speaker 5: You and I can't be will angled, guys.
Speaker 2: We have. I once had a critic right about me, the weak chinned breath. Oh good. It was so hard. It made me so sad. But then here I am and my best friends having a character call me Nancy.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 4: That was it.
Speaker 5: That was about JD, the character, not about.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's that story? I know, I know you meant it.
Speaker 3: Rich I have'll call, I'll call eventually. That was a horrible play, as good as anybody could be in it. That was That's Richard's for you, guys. Richard kind complimented Sarah Chalk. I won't say which one. And he's so honest that Sarah said, what'd you think? And he goes, oh, that was a horrible play. Just horrible, but you were as good as anyone could be in it.
Speaker 2: Bill's first a D on The Harrison Ford Show is a friend of Bill's and also one of Richard Kaine's best friends. And I sent Richard a picture of he and I a selfie that I took with Ben is his name, and I sent it to Richard and I said, we're on the Harrison Ford Show, and Richard writes back, Harrison looks great, solid.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 2: I wanted him to play my father in this movie I'm doing, and he couldn't work out the dates. But it was almost going to do it. And I've read the entire movie with his with the dad being his voice. Oh, it should have been him, and now no one can ever live up to that voice being my father.
Speaker 3: I just got a random message from somebody else that you should have on the show. I won't read it, but I was trying to find it because he was on this. Have you had Alan ruck on yet?
Speaker 2: No, we don't have.
Speaker 1: What he do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's crushing on succession, by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's so good. That shows awesome and such a really good all right, so let's just keep going. JD says he's going to go right in his journal, I'm so tired, I could use a naptism because he's trying to rhyme baptism. And then he goes, I should, and he goes, I'm gonna use that, and he goes, I should write down pause for laughs, so I don't forget to because he's so sure that the naptism joke's.
Speaker 1: Going to crush.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was almost lifted.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you, guys, a funny joke that was almost lifted from an episode of Friends and someone else wrote It's not me. It was so funny, but it was Matt LeBlanc's character who was a bad actor. Do you guys remember this as actors, you'd love this. They had him, they had him doing an audition and he had to do bad in it, you know what I mean. And so he's got his script like this and he actually goes, uh, that wasn't me, and I don't care what you say. Long pause. So now we're what hey, guys, guys, guys, we got to go to a quick commercial, quick commercial.
Speaker 2: That we actually did have to. We actually did have to go to a commercial. So Bill say thank you for throwing he frowned upon the guests throwing the commercial.
Speaker 1: I like that product, I use it, I like how, I like how.
Speaker 2: I'm like no, Bill, and then Dale was like, we actually do need to do all right. So circling back, this is when Sam yells, now, I ran on Scrubs Wiki that this guy who plays the other lawyer was a famous TV lawyer, advertising lawyer in fact, at the time of the airing. I assume this is how you found him, Bill. He was the largest TV lawyer advertiser guy. And so the woman is asked to pick between him and Sam to be her lawyer. And I'm saying you did a cameo with I guess a guy who was a famous advertising TV lawyer, and and the woman is trying to choose between him and and Sam ted and uh Ted braggs. My mom calls me thunder right, and she chooses the other guy and the other guy tough break thunder.
Speaker 1: And my mom, Jim Mom.
Speaker 3: I got a cool thing about this episode that you might think is back towards the end.
Speaker 5: Are we close to the end.
Speaker 2: Yes, We're now going to talk about JD and Elliott in bed together. I don't know how they got in bed together. They were in separate bunks talking about how they both felt trapped, and now all of a sudden we cut back and there's been some missing dialogue because now we're now they're in a single bed together cuddling.
Speaker 1: Well, no, they were my eyes are my eyes going bad? Though? Was that fog? Was it like out of focus? Like foggy?
Speaker 2: I think there was a filter on it to make it look romantic or something else.
Speaker 3: A filter.
Speaker 5: It's here's what was more interesting. There's two things that are fascinating by this.
Speaker 3: One is member. I thought forever this show would, in any way, shape or form, be about will Elliott and jd end up together?
Speaker 2: And the rest of the writers, well, you lost the battle with yourself built Well.
Speaker 3: The rest of the writers were like, it's inevitable. Remember I tried to blow it up the first year and all that stuff. And so we we in the in that's the break room we'd established a thousand times, and we're like, these two are both fucking up here, So why can't they both end up just shooting the ship and talking like it's innocuous? And then I had to I told Christa she had to find a perfect song that built to a huge, huge, huge crescendo because I said, if we're gonna do it, we're gonna fuck with the fans and have it seem like they're on the verge of hooking up furious and then just go to Yeah. Yeah, that song was perfect. It's Alive with the Glory of Love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just thing.
Speaker 3: If you listen to the song, it's about a love story in the concentration camps. Uh so it's this thing about music. Look up the words right now and uh you'll see Alive with the Glory. But it was perfect because it is about longing and whether or not you can be together. And christ have played it for me and I'm like, oh, I don't know because of the words, if we can use this. We edited some of that part out and I thought it was perfect because it just and then it goes black. I thought it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a good it was It was well done and it definitely builds up and I was like, oh, they're gonn kiss, They're Gonakis, They're going kiss and then you hard cut to black and it's like, that's a that's a good way to end the season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And while we see your two significant others being alone.
Speaker 2: I know we're horrible people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys got a little bit of of horrible in you. You got a little bit of horrible in you.
Speaker 2: I mean the audience is rooting for it, obviously, but.
Speaker 1: The audience got the audience got a little bit of horrible in them too. Loa, let's just be honest, because if you're rooting for this, if you're rooting for this knowing what's at stake on the other side, all right, of.
Speaker 2: Course, but you but you have you, that's not how you appreciate something the audience is going. I'm so invested in these two. I love them. They're both about I audience member think they're both about to make big mistakes, both of them, and they should be together. You know, it's all it's all. It's all Bills and his team's great writing that makes the audience so invested in them and wants them to be together.
Speaker 5: Well, can I just tell you, guys the thing about the music? So I brought up the lyrics.
Speaker 3: I think it's interesting because sometimes songs match perfectly for lyrically for a show or a moment, but sometimes it's about an emotional feeling you get. Yeah, Alive with the glory of love. If you listen to it again, it says the opening verson when I watch you want to do you right where you're standing, which is a great start, but it says right in the foyer on the start day point view of the whole ghetto, the boot stomped meadows, and then the refrain is I won't let them take you. Won't let them take you, Hella. So it's literally about.
Speaker 2: Wow, I nelverad knew that a couple in love.
Speaker 3: In a concentration camp. But the feeling for ours it's a great song, and the feeling for our show was so right. We did it anyways and it was really interesting. So I always expected to get bumped back from that from people going, oh my.
Speaker 5: God, what are the lyrics? But I just thought the song was amensing.
Speaker 2: You might you might, you know if you did it today in the era of everyone opining on on everything. But back in the day, people you cut if you cut the lyrics craftily knowing whatever we did.
Speaker 3: But my advice go, wasn't that song alive with the glory of love? By saying anything, it's really good?
Speaker 2: By say anything, say anything like the Genius movie. Hey, everybody. That is season six. I want to thank our very special guest, the creator of the universe of Scrubs, mister Bill Lawrence.
Speaker 3: But before we go, Before we go, we have to cut to one quick commercial. You guys, no.
Speaker 2: Audience. I don't think the audience isn't going to like the extra break joke that long.
Speaker 1: Well, they're gonna have to do it in this episode.
Speaker 5: By the way, Wait, Zach, Zach, are you done with the extra break joke?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm very done with the extra break joke.
Speaker 3: I so wish i'd recorded.
Speaker 1: This is why I'm not done with it.
Speaker 2: So everybody, just to remind you, you will be a little break and Joel, when does seven to one, which we did at a drive in, is gonna hair when Joel September thirteenth. September thirteenth, and then we are going to be on break until October. I believe right, Jill, that is correct.
Speaker 3: And I will say now, no matter what, in October, I will debut my new character. Zach will not know who it is. Dan Old Donald and I will talk about it beforehand and we'll see if Zach can see it coming, he will forget it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Also, get your pitches ready, guys, get your pitches ready for the next project.
Speaker 3: Go away. That might be after Scrubs is done. That might be your next podcast, the making of Bill Donald Zach Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hey, that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: We'll do it.
Speaker 2: That's the way we're really looking for. What when we're dounbind Scrubs? But the show is going to be? How great? It would be a podcast about the behind the scenes making of the new Zach and Donald TV show with Bill Lawrence's I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm in.
Speaker 5: I mean, we should probably do spin City first, but I.
Speaker 1: Like that too. I like it. Okay, let's go spin City on. I like the idea of Spence City. There's black people in spin City.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, the only the only really really white show I did was Cougar Tun Was that really white?
Speaker 1: Uh uh? I?
Speaker 5: But everybody else is called called a sack and roll Florida.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: On that note, we were going to end season six. Thank you, Joelle, thank you, Daniel. You guys are amazing. You do so much for the show, and we want to thank you and Donald. I love you very much.
Speaker 1: No, you don't, I do No, you don't.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 3: I want to thank the four of you. You're not allowed to think great air of my podcast.
Speaker 2: Bill Usually the guests unpankable Bill.
Speaker 1: Bill, should we go to break? You think we should go to break right now?
Speaker 3: Bill, break, So let's go to a quick break, quick break.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: You guys were.
Speaker 2: Not put all those breaks.
Speaker 5: They just all they had time for was to go sparklets like that.
Speaker 2: Spark the Davis Parkless doesn't have an all right, we love you guys. Five s Stories. I'm not sure. We made about a bunch of talks and nurses and.
Speaker 1: I said he's the stories Nell. So yeada around here? Yeah, here up. Four