Speaker 1: Breakfast Club is old. We got the breakfast Club Envy and Charlomagne the voice of the culture.
Speaker 2: He then i'nna come here when this thing.
Speaker 1: See y'all different, y'all the coach, it's different. You know what I'm saying. Like, y'all know what y'all talk about. This is probably becoming the most prominent form for here, probably.
Speaker 3: Be here next to all of you guys. It's really put it.
Speaker 1: Put it in perspective to the breakfast club. Bitch, wake up. This is your time to get it off your chest. I got an indoor pool pool. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Get on the phone right now here, tell you what it.
Speaker 1: Is we live. Hello. Who's this yo? This is Chris, Chris, what up? Get it off your chest? Hey, man, I want to say, Man I on party, y'all man DJ envied Charlomad solo.
Speaker 5: Man, I've been reading your book. Boy, got me your book.
Speaker 6: Man, I've been taking that out and it's been real helpful for me.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 8: Like what y'all go?
Speaker 1: Thank you King? Which book you got you black privilege and shook one old them? Matter of fact, you got me one for father's there and one for all the Christmas last year.
Speaker 4: Man, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Hello, what is this?
Speaker 8: I don't want to say my name?
Speaker 1: Okay, well what's something on the radio? Nobody can see you.
Speaker 4: But you know, may people be listening.
Speaker 9: But I have a question because I just recently got broken up. But great, I'm in a lesbian relationship. And I went out of town not so long ago.
Speaker 8: And I, you know, I have a business.
Speaker 9: So I was networking and I was speaking to a mail about my business and who worked at the bar that I was doing my homework aap and so I came back home and he sent me a message was like, hey.
Speaker 3: How you doing.
Speaker 8: How's your family to start?
Speaker 9: Get backstafe?
Speaker 8: And my girlfriend has a problem with it, and so she broke up with me. Like she's like, I'm a lesbian, I don't deal with mails, and I'm just like I do business. I network with males and females. I just wanted to like, is that wrong?
Speaker 10: I don't think that's wrong at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, if there was, even if it was another woman, I mean, as long as y'all not flirting in this business, I don't see a problem with it.
Speaker 10: You weren't hiding it from your.
Speaker 1: Girl, So it's not like you were trying to be deceptive or sneaking around. Now I don't see a problem with it. Yeah, but those you know, she she probably upset. She probably upset because you're talking to somebody who you know, got something that she could never have, which is a penis.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 9: And I feel like that when the insecurity only comes out with males because I speak to females in the same way and it's usually about my business as I do with males. But it's just males, she always has a problem. And I'm like, it makes me feel like, Okay, you're like immaturely dating, you don't know how to date. But I'm like, I don't know, like can have friends to man that his wife have.
Speaker 1: You know, your circumstances are totally different. Now I have to ask you a question. Did you get penis before you became a lesbian?
Speaker 10: Good question?
Speaker 1: Did you like, yes, yes, that's what it is.
Speaker 10: The problem back to penis. She don't want you to realize.
Speaker 8: But what does that have to do with me?
Speaker 3: That's her in security?
Speaker 4: Like, is that something that I'm supposed to adjust?
Speaker 1: It is? But I will say this, I will say, try to have a conversation and bring her in on part of the conversation, you asked if if my wife has male friends, we have friends.
Speaker 11: She doesn't have friends that I don't know about. She doesn't have friends, and she speaks to that I don't know. We all have friends, just like I have female friends, but my wife knows them.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: But it means by though, so I'm not by shut up.
Speaker 3: Many we try.
Speaker 11: To be serious, but I would give a conversation to try to make it feel comfortable as possible. Obviously she feels a little uncomfortable because she feels like you're gonna get back to the penis.
Speaker 1: But let her know that you don't want any penis. And it's all box for you.
Speaker 9: Curious, okay, all right, and go and go.
Speaker 1: And go box them out, saying go box them out? Face?
Speaker 10: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: You heard what she said? She said? You was very like skinned to say that. I concur Hello, who's this.
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 1: You said?
Speaker 10: A little off phone?
Speaker 1: You got bluetooth in or your head piece? He hear me? I can hear you perfectly.
Speaker 5: Whatever, All right, what's up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: Calling to get off my dad? Brother, get off my chest? Yeah. No, me and my girl. We finally feeling good today. Me and my girl we offer seven month dry fell man like you know, so we finally have you know, inter course again and I feel good about it.
Speaker 10: Seven months? Why so long?
Speaker 1: Huh said? Why so long?
Speaker 5: I kind of you know, I kind of messed up with you know, I was cheating. I was messing up a little bit cheating. Not cheating, you know, not not physically cheating, probably emotionally cheating. So uh, yeah, she finally you know, so it was a while she wasn't you know, feeling me.
Speaker 1: Do you know, y'all do no? Humans, women especially are more emotional than physical, so emotionally cheating and emotionally hurting her can probably cause her to dry up more so than the physical.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? You know, I realized that.
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm glad you y'all are back.
Speaker 5: Brother, Thank you man, have a good one you suit jam.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club is your time to get it off your chest, way up, whether you're man or pleas tith to get up and get something call up now eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Hello, who's this, Hey, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 6: How you doing this is Ronnie called out a.
Speaker 5: Bad rooms Louisiana.
Speaker 1: Get it up your chest, man.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to call in, man, because I'm so excited.
Speaker 6: For you guys.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I love being y'all on the radio. Man, y'all been doing a great job.
Speaker 5: Man, y'all sound.
Speaker 12: Really really even news man this time around.
Speaker 6: So it's great to have you guys here in bad rude.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm in here. I'm in here burning my Pola santo right now. The energy is great. I got my candles lit. Me and him be just being here living our best lives. Man, you enjoy having a good time. That's that's without and that that is a great compliment because we thoroughly do enjoy coming in this studio absolutely every day in.
Speaker 6: That man, go hear you, guys man.
Speaker 1: And that has not always been the but nowadays.
Speaker 5: Hello this Hey, what's up?
Speaker 4: Guys? This is your favorite white listener, Tim FM Toledo.
Speaker 10: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 12: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 12: I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: So I've been on a team the last couple of times I got through about toxic people, and lately it's been I find it's more family usually than it is than anybody. And so I found I'm forty five and I think a lot of people can relate Rocker life. We you know, we main need to lean on people for help. And it might be in a rough time. It might be a house payment, it might be they order you a pizza when you down on your luck, and then you find out these people get mad at you. You know, it could be a six months down the road, two years down the look, you know, they're on your Facebook because they're mad, and you find out that you owe them a million dollars all of a sudden, Well they didn't order you a pizza. They you know, they act like they be buying food for the last three years. You know, the story justn't completely blown out of contact because they're mad.
Speaker 1: That's why sometimes you just got to give people thoughts and press absolutely not you.
Speaker 4: Know what, And I tried to you know what, I I just put this real quick. I put this on my bio. I heard it a new Facebook, and I'm adding friends that I would try to go to their funeral or if they would come to mind, because otherwise.
Speaker 12: It's just disgrace.
Speaker 4: School people got two thousand friends and they don't even know half of them. I put this in my bio. When I need help, give me a hug, not money. That way, you're mad. All I owe you is a hug.
Speaker 1: But I will I will say this.
Speaker 11: You know, in life, and I think Charlamagne and I think even you can will say this, it's.
Speaker 1: Always highs and lows, right. You always have a good part of your life with everything is going great, but it could be a left turn and sometimes you need help.
Speaker 11: And it doesn't have to be financial. It could be just a good you know, a hug, or a good hold or good conversation. And those are the people I keep around me. And whether they family or friends, it's all the same. If you can't provide me that and I can't provide you that, then we don't need to be around each other. But I want to be around people that's going to hold hold each other up and make sure we all all right.
Speaker 1: I think the biggest problem. I think the biggest problem is that you know your family, and you know and your close friends be having a sense of entitlement. That's true, you know what I'm saying, And when they want, when they want more, they act like you never did anything for them, you know what I'm saying. So he could be a pizza or you know, our money when they want more. Anything you ever did will never be enough to act like you never did anything correct, you know, And I can't. I don't deal with entitled people. Gets the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: That's hilarious is our guest.
Speaker 1: So so, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 10: Stephanie Mills, good morning, Miss Mills.
Speaker 7: Good morning, good morning. Oh yeah, eyes, I'm fine. Don't you think he has bamby beautiful eyes.
Speaker 1: Beautiful?
Speaker 3: That's my baby.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I love Stephanie Mills. You know that we have a love affair. He's like my son. He could be my son.
Speaker 1: That's right, literally son. Now you got a lot going on, Miss Mills. You got your PBS special.
Speaker 3: I have a lot going on the Broadway, Babe.
Speaker 1: Pride.
Speaker 3: The movie.
Speaker 7: Pride executive produced the TDJ Derek Williams, and they just offered me the part. Derek called me and said, do you want to do this role?
Speaker 3: And sent me the script and I said yes, And You're torn. I'm torn, Wow, And I'm getting ready this possibility.
Speaker 7: I'm getting ready to come back to Broadway to do.
Speaker 3: My own shot?
Speaker 1: What based on your life?
Speaker 7: No not, I don't want to do anything based on my life, but just songs and where I've come from and all of that.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, how are you managing everything that you're doing at the moment?
Speaker 7: I have a great manager I call amp Yum Yums. He's just he's a yummy manager. You know how when you find somebody that just you can trust.
Speaker 3: And believes in you.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, so pretty, thank you so much. So, how does it feel to still be so legendary? Like forty years later?
Speaker 1: Relevant?
Speaker 5: You like?
Speaker 3: Relevant? Relevant? Even is like just still like it's people still walking around singing your songs. He can't sing, but he was literally walking around still just sing your songs before you even said yeah, I come up there with y'all and he was still walking around singing, Like how does how does that feel?
Speaker 7: It's a blessing. I feel really blessed because I didn't have the machinery behind me.
Speaker 3: Okay you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So for me to still be here doing it and I'm doing it on my own terms because I kind of backed away from the industry because it became too much for me to still do it and then find someone like Amp who believed in me and allows me to be who I am, because you know, in this business they try to change you to meet a certain criteria. And I never fit into that criteria and didn't want to.
Speaker 3: And I love that. I love that, And and so for the Rolling Stones magazine, greatest of all time? Yeah, the greatest one of things of all time? How do you feel being left out of that? I don't feel anything.
Speaker 7: I don't pay any attention to that. That's something behind a desk who doesn't really know what they're talking enough.
Speaker 3: How could you leave Celine Dion off? How could you? It's a great you know, how could you?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: I don't pay attention to that.
Speaker 7: I don't pay attention to awards and all that, even though I have awards of everything that of musically.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 7: What means matters to me, and which has kept me with my sold out shows that I'm proud of is my people coming to see me and paying their hard earned money.
Speaker 3: That's what keeps me going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, igue with you with the Rolling Stone. Clearly those people are culturally coolest, you know what I mean? Leaving people like you, Selina.
Speaker 7: But see, I was never played on vh one or MTV, none of my videos because they always said I was too urban and I only had a pop record with Never Knew Love. That's the only one they allowed to cross over.
Speaker 1: I wonder you said something earlier. You said that you never had the machine behind you. And it's interesting because you can see how that might still impact you now when it comes to these lists.
Speaker 7: Right exactly when you think about it, like back in the day when MTV, I my MTV and they didn't want to play Michael. You know, it was a president of the company that said, if you don't play him, I'm going to expose that you're racist. And I don't think really anything has changed. I think you have to have And back then I didn't have that kind of person that would go on the front line for me. But Michael did, and I'm glad he did because just imagine you not hearing Thriller the way it was, or being exposed to all those wonderful videos that he did. And they didn't acknowledge his forty at the anniversary of Thriller or anything at the Grammys or American Music a BOYD.
Speaker 1: How did they pick and choose who got the machine back then though, because I feel like back then you really needed talent to get a deal.
Speaker 7: You really needed talent to get a deal. That's why my audience is predominantly black, because Beet and all those black outlets played my videos, you know, and black radio supported me so much. So that's why I'm able to survive. That's why I don't understand why a lot of black artists like don't go back to the black publications and things like that that made them, well, I know, white, I colder always why, you know, I don't understand that. I never understand why they think vanilla ice cream is colder than chocolate.
Speaker 1: I think it's because they want that mass look, you know, I mean.
Speaker 3: But you could have that. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 7: I went to Oh What's the Girls group? They came to Charlotte and they sold out the arena. There was nothing there but black people escape.
Speaker 3: Yes, so what's wrong with the black dollar? I definitely get what you're saying that. My generation they also feel like because I don't, although I'm a part of them, they felt that's some type of advanced validation. When you get like then they call it the crossover. It's like, you know, and people, I did a show for Fox, Sitcom on Fox. People around ye shout to the show real and I was on it with Simbad he played It was amazing, right, I love him too, Like the show people was telling me because people was only used to seeing me on like wild'n Out and all that type of stuff, you know, more production with black people. And then they were like, oh, that's your crossover. Fox is your crossover. It's like you really made it. Now, I really made it because I'm on Fox, you know, working around all these white people. No, I've been made it and it's still I still ain't make it. That's that sitcom wasn't like the cream of the crop for me yet. I'm still not where I want to be in terms of you know, just where I'm going, right, But I didn't consider that as my crossover. That's another show that I'm on. That's another stepping stone, right, Like you know, so I never so I get exactly what you're saying.
Speaker 7: And that's what we think. We think when we cross over to that pop we've made it. Why do we want to be so accepted? And I never really want I just wanted to be accepted. I wasn't good at smoothing, you know, Charla Mane, I wasn't good at doing that, and I didn't want to go to the parties and have to meet this one. And I didn't like auditioning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that's Do you like it? No?
Speaker 7: I know they look at you like you're crazy, but they make it.
Speaker 1: So hard for you.
Speaker 3: I won't do it, or don't act like.
Speaker 10: We got more with Stephanie Mills when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Let's get back into it.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: Good morning.
Speaker 3: I got a question Michael too, because I want to know I will answer. Okay, good. So it's the true that you and Michael I called it daty?
Speaker 1: How was that?
Speaker 3: It was wonderful.
Speaker 7: Michael was gentle, he was kind, very determined, knew where he wanted to go, and we just had fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Used to come to the Wiz all the time.
Speaker 3: So was he a smooth criminal? It was a smooth criminal.
Speaker 7: I loved him that afro and chocolate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So why did he change all that? I think that's what people get. Michael misconscrewed and you know, they'll they'll they label Michael tom as an uncle Tom or you know, a coon because of that.
Speaker 7: I gotta be strategic because that's my baby. But Michael wanted to be the King of pop He had a fetish with Elvis Presley and he had his eyes on Lisa Presley when she was very young. I think he always knew he wanted to because he felt like.
Speaker 3: That was the epitome.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, and I think he really wanted to be king.
Speaker 3: But then when he got.
Speaker 7: Over there, they showed him that you still.
Speaker 3: And he broke his heart.
Speaker 1: Did y'all have a relationship up until his path?
Speaker 3: No, he was too different. I couldn't relate to that. Michael.
Speaker 7: It had gone too far. But I think he knew that it had gone too far.
Speaker 3: But what can you do. You can't go back at this point. You can't go back.
Speaker 7: Because we went to the opening of the Atlantist and he asked me to come. He asked to see me, and I didn't go because I was rehearsing, and I often wondered what.
Speaker 3: He wanted, what he wanted to tell me.
Speaker 7: He probably wanted to tell me something or you know, but it had gone too far.
Speaker 3: And I couldn't relate.
Speaker 7: And Michael was taught the moonwalk by my ex husband Jeffrey Daniel.
Speaker 3: I went to those rehearsals.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know everybody claimed that they did not Jeffrey Daniel taught Michael the moonwalk and all those things. But you know, the Motown people, they don't always give people credit. You know, they're taught not to give people credit. I love giving people credit for what they do for me because you can't do this by yourself. But you know, Michael never gave him credit, and he should have.
Speaker 1: M It's just interesting to me, how, you know. I always wondered, like, what can make a person like totally lose their blackness? And have you seen somebody lose their blackness or fall out with black people find a way to get back with the community. Cause it feels like once you, once you turn your back on us, we turned our back on you forever.
Speaker 3: But look at it.
Speaker 7: You know, I can remember a time people not gonna like this either, But I can remember a time when Michael would be at the awards and you would have to get in a line to see him. I never did that. I'm not getting an a line to see nobody. Ain't nobody is that important. Nobody's more important than God. And I think there's no one that's you know, like some people say, well, how can you say something about Oprah or something about Gail?
Speaker 3: Aren't you afraid? I fear God? And you know that, you know.
Speaker 7: That, Charlamagne. I only fear fear God. I don't feel a backlash. I mean, I'm sixty six years old, right.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: But I think and nobody's above critique, Like nobody. I don't care who you are and how much money you have, because you could lose that. Look at Harvey Weinstein. I remember a certain person calling him God. I you know, Charlie Rose, who would have thought, you know, Matt lower.
Speaker 3: Where he's kind of arrogant. He was arrogant.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, But I just don't think that anybody's under approach. But I do think Michael knew he went too far. And you got to remember towards the end of his career he went to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and he even wanted to give Pops his minister barrickon his his catalog and Pops wouldn't that Rye can be vicious as we see with other people that are white dealing with it. Britney Spears, and and and and I go back to them because I really see how the business has tormented them and the people around them.
Speaker 1: The movie Pride seven Deadly Sinned story. It's gonna be on lifetime.
Speaker 7: Yes, with nephew Tommy, who did a brilliant job. He plays with my son Gabe, and Kenya King who's a Canadian actress, and Erica Campbell came in to uh play Pastor Tray?
Speaker 1: Is your first feature?
Speaker 7: My first feature?
Speaker 1: That's crazy, my first So since Broadway and everything else, nobody decided seventy milis should be active.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't give me a job. Damn they wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Do you want to do more? Oh?
Speaker 7: Yes, I got the bug now, but I'm not auditioning.
Speaker 3: No, no, she's not auditioning, so don't ask her.
Speaker 1: What roles? Would you want to play?
Speaker 3: Mothers?
Speaker 7: I mean I could play a mother, you know, an older sister, but mothers. I want to do a Christmas Yes, I'm a therapist. Or I want to play somebody really tough and like gangster.
Speaker 1: I can see that too. I can see that too.
Speaker 3: Now, until you see your side.
Speaker 1: I would Kevin, you know anybody shorter than you? When does the movie like like the.
Speaker 7: Movie alight and then Black to Broadway is.
Speaker 1: Yes. Well, Stephanie Mills is always a pleasure sitting down the bill with you and talk to you. And I just love seeing you all the time.
Speaker 7: I love seeing YouTube.
Speaker 2: Bam b eyes.
Speaker 1: Yes, ma'am, that's right. It's Stephanie Mills, y'all. The Breakfast Club. The Breakfast Club Mornings will never be the same. It's topic times.
Speaker 2: Called eight hundred five five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning. Everybody you see ej Envy, Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 10: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: We got our guest co host, Jess Hilarious here what's good and if you're just joining us, we were talking about Jess and her baby daddy Roam and their relationship.
Speaker 10: A lot of people are called up this morning.
Speaker 11: Actually two people called up and said they had bad relations with their baby daddy. Said they don't help out, they don't pay any money, and it's just not good.
Speaker 1: And I've never seen a co parenting relationship the way Jess and Rome have, Like they got the coolest co parenting relationship. They got to show that they do on YouTube with the show YouTube.
Speaker 3: It's called Pants and Therapy in the second season, but the first season is just as good as the second one. The second one we sitting down with couples trying to help them create healthy boundaries and healthy environments for their kids parents not.
Speaker 1: The only thing I found odd about their relationship is that Rome is rom on the phone. Yeah, rooms on the phone, rong rong, good on wrong, come on peace king now room. I heard oh with her just talking yesterday and she was saying, how you call her sis? Yeah? Now you done shot her club up? Y'all got a whole ten year old first of all, seven, why do you call her siss?
Speaker 12: Because the situation is right now and we built to that point. But it's like I looked at.
Speaker 8: Her like a sister family member, be said.
Speaker 6: That take the shihead, await man.
Speaker 5: It is different.
Speaker 12: It's hard to explain. Some people call it weird, but.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's no more sexual. It's just that's my sister. That's the you know, that's my love. I don't killed somebody from m but I ain't shooting the club up again. I think y'all soul makes wrong, Yeah.
Speaker 12: But you know what it is, no sexual Yeah, that's just what it is.
Speaker 1: You know. You know. I'm but how did y'all get to that point though, because most people don't get to that point How did y'all get to that point where you guys are damn their best friends. Y'all focus on your future, your life, the business, the baby, the family. But y'all can still do your thing.
Speaker 3: Rome has been through a lot of things and like he he don't really have a lot of family to rely on. He don't really have a lot of friends to rely on. It through the years, he'll have friends, then he don't. Then they'll like to open up. And he's never felt like he was in a safe space enough. You got to provide like a safe space for a man to even open up and become vulnerable, because that's not what they do, especially man, They don't, you know. And I was the first female that just didn't run from his whole story, didn't judge him, always helped them. Now he has a best friend and she you know, they they cool, but like it's a little bit more hands on with me, like and after all the feelings and getting past them. We became friends on that. You know, I was like a therapist for him or whatever, and he the same foot. Well, he don't really do nothing for me in.
Speaker 1: That asset my parent you know you don't.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying, yeah, that is big wrong.
Speaker 1: That is big wrong.
Speaker 12: What's that elaborated on that you take out all the emotions and are feeling and you can be great. Yeah, but one of the biggest problems we did had that we was able to overcome as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 12: Jacksually did like over that boundary the little bit like in relationships, what.
Speaker 1: You mean, She'll she'll run up on girls you messing with no no but.
Speaker 12: Me and made a good advice. She she wanted to be she would want to be in it two months and then I used to used to make me mad because I always feel like I mind my business when it comes to you. Even when she realized that it took that away, it became even better.
Speaker 10: So you're trying to holler out a chicken.
Speaker 11: She's telling you, now, I don't like shorty, shorty, did Shorty that she dived into your relationship?
Speaker 3: Just no, no, no, no, no, no, no, wrong, not even necessarily that right, Let me tell him what it is wrong because you you're talking a little slow. You just woke up, obviously. Look, this is the thing that room room will be in a relationship, and then Rome will introduced me to these girls. Rome will want me to build a nice, little cool relationship with them. And then when things start happening because he's not able to be faithful lawyer or whatever.
Speaker 1: Then damn, it's yeah.
Speaker 3: Then it's they they then I got and then they break up with him, and now when he beefing with him, I gotta beef with him. And it's like no, but now it's am I your business? But you called me, you put me in the business. But don't be in a business too damn much. Don't be saying like I'd be giving a damn that much. I just give a damn about you like you be introducing me. That's how I end up cool with all the baby mothers, you know what I'm saying, Like, and they cool, and I love his kids like and even girls they didn't have babies with a lot of them were cool. But then he moved, bing bing bing bing bing. Here it is like, dang, what happened to shorten? Don't worry about it?
Speaker 1: You move on with me. I don't know what you do. Yeah, that's what it is. I want to know how many more relationships are out there, like just in Rome, Like how many people got baby daddy brothers? Right? You know what I mean? Because you got a baby daddy brother, you know what I mean? And you got a baby mama's sister. But it takes a lot, and you gotta comment.
Speaker 12: I think it's a lot. I just think it's not the norm and people are agreed to put it to the world because of being be not the first person to do this.
Speaker 1: I know that I've never seen it. I think, you know, I've just never seen it evolve go from a baby mama uh to to you know, Oh that's like that's my sister. And y'all really hold each other down like that. I think that let's take some calls. Let's say, Roman, appreciate you.
Speaker 10: I know you, we just woke you up. We appreciate you for checking in.
Speaker 1: Brother. Appreciate and Rome, you're a great father. Man, You're a great father. I love the way you hold it down for your son.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 12: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 12: Thank you you having brothday.
Speaker 10: Hello is this this is man? Yay, jazz me, good morning.
Speaker 6: I have a baby daddy, but it is not peaceful. So parenting is not easy. And we spent thirteen years together and I felt like yesterday listening to just fix people's messages, I thought about you know, I think their relationship is so commendable. They co parents so gracefully, and you know, they're funny together. They make it, they make it a good time. They make it look like a good time. So I'm like, how how is that even possible?
Speaker 3: Just it just literally shut up. It just literally takes. It takes time, it really does. And you know it it depends on how y'all both feel about each other. You know, y'all still does one half feelings for the other one. You know, it's just okay, okay, you said that very strongly.
Speaker 1: Very but you said.
Speaker 6: You couldn't pay me the sweet Framewater girl.
Speaker 4: Okaye.
Speaker 1: Well do you do you even like them at all? No?
Speaker 10: Okay, so you don't even want to be you' even like it?
Speaker 6: But because I know the bigger it is, the bigger picture is my children. So I know how to put my bike on to the side.
Speaker 3: Right, but don't think right? Okay, all right, but are you still heard about anything is that's what is that was stopping?
Speaker 6: Well, I will say this, I am very betrayed. I was very betrayed from the beginning, so that it's hard for.
Speaker 1: Me to let go.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 11: Okay, So you still I don't think you could be friends unless you let that go, because you'll always have that overyard relationship even if y'all just become friends.
Speaker 1: So I think that's where it has to go. Yeah, if you know about having a baby daddy, it was a lot of things. What the hell you're my only baby daddy, which is what was going on here?
Speaker 3: Hold on, all right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: You want just to fix the mess?
Speaker 6: Yes, I need to know, I want I need her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's but that's what it literally takes.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: You just have to get past your hurt. Because a lot of things wrong did to me. I had to let go. I didn't just put them to the side. You know, it's a big difference between putting it to the side and really getting past it. It was man, he had ran into a lump summer money. I was broke, lights off everything, the and my son and we had to we had candles, I had a car. I had to go in the car to get air. All of that, and he knew all of this, but I couldn't hold that over his head. I didn't have time to hate him because he was so young, never had no money, so when he got it, he just did whatever he wanted to do with it.
Speaker 1: You feel me.
Speaker 3: And he was young.
Speaker 1: He never tossed y'all nothing, No, he.
Speaker 3: Never, no, he never talk to me anything.
Speaker 1: Be a good story.
Speaker 10: I thought he came up with some money and helped you out. Oh no, I don't know to this day.
Speaker 1: No, So how do you stay from being discrediled?
Speaker 2: How did you?
Speaker 3: I didn't have time to hate him, yo, Listen. I was trying to figure out the next game, the next way to get some money, to way to get my lights on, Like he ain't, never had no bread like that, And so when he came into it, he just you know.
Speaker 1: Know that. From what I'm getting from your situation and hearing these calls is you never stopped liking him as a person, as a friend, You know what I mean? These people grew to hate their baby daddy. I think once you go to hate your baby daddy's hard to come back from that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, what's the story.
Speaker 3: I guess just what, y'all, I'm not drunk no more. Stop being drunk at four o'clock this morning.
Speaker 1: Look the moral of the.
Speaker 3: Story, I don't really know what the moral of the story is. It ain't no story. It's just you know, you you just you have to learn how to move forward am amicable. Yeah I'm still drunk, all right. Yeah, you have to learn how to You gotta learn how to move forward amicably. Yes, with the with the other parent, Yo, you got to take all them feelings out of there. If y'all want to be like me and Rome, you gotta take out all those feelings and you can't hold on to hurt like yeah, like Charlamagne say. And I never got to the point where I wanted to hate them, Yo, I was gonna hate him. My life is still gonna be off. I ain't got time for that. And I never stopped him from saying the sun not ever. Look, please come get them, but bring them back, you know what I mean? Like never, It's never been no malicious intent, no nothing, no ever took com downtown. And I should have, you know, I felt like I should have back then like now, but I just didn't want to do that. I was like that girl who called up earlier, it was gonna be a struggle fantists.
Speaker 1: I feel like it was rooted in respect until it grew into what it is now. I feel like a lot of these relationships aren't rooted in respect, you know what I mean. That's good suit everybody out there with a baby, daddy, brother and figured out my sister.
Speaker 3: People that figured it out because I love my room. You know, I love my best bro. That's your ma. That's it. Ain't got to be somebody that you with. You can have a best friend of the so many you can have. I'm telling you, it's your soul. And ain't got nothing to do with instancy.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club more than everybody.
Speaker 11: It's DJ n V Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Jess hilarious to see our guest co host and we got a special guest in the building, Jocelyn Hernandez welcomed breakfast.
Speaker 3: Thank you and in town.
Speaker 10: I didn't even know that you are doing your Jocelyn's cabaret in New York.
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 3: I cannot believe you didn't come see me yet. It's so much much fun.
Speaker 1: D J MVY so break down with the cabarets, because you know, Stallless is a strip club, it's a gentleman club.
Speaker 3: It is a strict shout out to Starless and Marty and everybody. So okay, So the cabaret, you know the cabaret. I'm on my fourth season on Graduations. Yes, four seasons, girl, that's a lot. That is a lot. And I owned the show. I owned the IP, my intellectual property. I wrote it. I wrote the cabaret. I created it, I produced it, I do everything about it. I act in it. So basically, it's like a group of ladies. They compete to be inside of my cabaret. Actually, less performance which was Saturday, I had twelve ladies dance with me on stage.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Some of them put theirselfs on fire, shoes on fire, they skate on stage. So it's like a whole show that this first actually moving to the house. They compete. It's like it's like, uh, it's like Tyra Banks with her show with the Modern Show, except that they're dancing.
Speaker 1: They're not modeling, you know what.
Speaker 10: They set themselves on fire on the pole.
Speaker 3: On the pole they choose they kitty cat everything be on fire, the kit the kiddy cat be on fire, did envy?
Speaker 1: That's what I'm trying to tell you.
Speaker 3: You talking about, yes, you know, not that type of like you know, messed up fire. I'm talking about like fun fire, like you know, like a real show, like a real show. Definitely this season the Ladies step third game up because season one, season two, season three of the Cabaret it was great, and you know, we built to it. You know, the first season, I was trying to get the ladies to understand my vision. I want to do a cabaret with my music and I want some dancers, and says I'm a musician. I want to do it on TV. I want the girls to dance. I want to I want to make it make sense. I want to make it make one. Some of the girls didn't believe. Season two, we did it. One of them one ten thousand dollars. We performing Atlanta. We did the whole choreography to one of my songs.
Speaker 1: So that was great.
Speaker 3: Season three, I went on tour to twelve different cities. It was a lot. It was quick, it was fast, so we really need to have an actual show. But the people love that, you know, they can they seen the girls getting on stage door and they thing them in the post. But now season four, it's more organized. We got a routine, we got the whole show. It's a thirty minute show. I think I'm performing like eight songs for thirty minutes, and you know, then I do my meeting. Read my last tour, I would just go and just keep before me. But now I have to, like you know, I have to preserve myself.
Speaker 1: I have to film.
Speaker 3: And I'm actually also filming Season four at the Cabaret that would be airing next one on Suious Network.
Speaker 11: You think people don't take you serious because of the love and hip hop, because of the College Hill, because of the Cabaret, like they don't take you as serious as you feel like they should.
Speaker 3: I feel like they take me super serious. I always have Cella shows. I have my only my fans that I personally fans of Johnson that if you go on my Instagram, on my Twitter or any of the hashtags. At the Cabaret, they say my songs word for word, word for word, like you got. I do shows sometimes with fifteen hundred people, twenty five hundred people, one hundred people, three hundred people, five hundred people. It's different cities, different shows, different locations, and every city you go to they sing my songs every song, not just birthday song, not just Vegas I want to ride, but every now of the week, get Rico, fingupcheck slay every song. They run me my money every song that I have. And I you know, I've never put out an album, but I put out singles like all the time. And so I definitely feel like people has taken me.
Speaker 1: Seriously.
Speaker 3: Do I feel like it took them a long time?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: But do I feel who am I to be before anyone else? I just have to keep working. If I believe in myself, I have to just keep pushing. I love that I see a lot of different things for you. It's like, why the hell you won't get into like pro wrestling? Why?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 1: What was happening? Like? Why you won't go in some pro What is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Slapping security? You're supposed to protect you. She's slapping this quick enough clouds. So I tell you what, I tell you what I'm not really you know. You know I just got out of jail. Yes, you know, I just got out of jail. There's really not too much that I could talk on that, But I will, you know, because you know, you know, I was gone, girl, I was in a lot of the el Brownwood County. I was cold, came out with a coughing everything I thought I was for two days, and I'm seeing it up here as sick as a dog.
Speaker 6: Why me?
Speaker 5: Why me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I can't really speak too much on that, but but what I can say is that I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Always protect Yes, how do you say it is?
Speaker 10: Protect?
Speaker 1: Yes? Me? Right?
Speaker 3: And if you see me out here in the streets, when you know, you two in the world America, whoever knows me, know where I come from and what I've done and how I've changed, you know, I'm just making sure that I'm straight and no one hurts me, you know. So you know, the media only show you one thing. It looks like a whole lot of chaos, but you might not know what happened prior to that chaos, like five seconds before or ten seconds before. You just see like the row, right, And because it's me, it's always so much bigger than what it actually is. Yeah, And that's another big point too. So it's like even to keep going back to a you know, love and hip hop, they had you, I know that the it was a lot of tension with you on Mona because it's like she always wanted to portray you in that light. You know what I'm saying. Do you ever feel any way about that, like how you would be for Mona about it? Then you go over in Laul Lamel. He got you, you know, looking the same way when you're so many of the things and just fighter. Well, I say this, I will sell this. Shout out. Shout out to Mona and shout out to let me. They both gave me amazing opportunities. And I will also say I'm a grown person right the way I run my cabaret as far as like being on Suit's network, because when I did love on hip hop, I was like, you know, I was younger, I was wild, I was out there. So it's only but so much that and network could do for yourself to help you or break you. You know, you still have to as said responsibilities as a human being, as a you know, for yourself. So with that, that was what it was right And if it wasn't for love of hip hop, let's just be real, I will not be here with the cabaret. And then you know, with the cabaret. Like, listen, that's just how I run my show, you know what I'm saying, Like I run my to do what I tell them to do. If you can, you can't be in the cabaret. You know when you see me on suits will lend me on the cabaret. I just think that you see so much more of me running a business instead of seeing like the personal Jocelyn, Like the person of Jocelyn is different than the Jocelyn that's actually running a business. So I might look like I'm row or like I'm being putting this one life, but you got to remember you're only seeing, like, really just twenty thirty percent of my life. Because even though I got camerase out for forty six weeks, like I do right now, feel me Johnson discabaret, He said, four, it's still not everything that you know. You don't see when I'm crying. You don't see when I'm taking care of my daughter. You don't see when I'm you know, working out doing yoga every day. I've been in New York and I've been doing yoga every day with my husband.
Speaker 11: But you could, I was gonna say, but you know the fact that it's your show. You can display what you want to display. Now, you can put that out there. You just ain't got to put the cabaret port. You could put that out too. And I was gonna ask you shout it out, you know, Mota Scott. I know one time you were saying, so now you your Mota go back and forth. But the fact that y'all shout her out, have y'all spoke, have y'all squashed that beef at that time, or you just let it go?
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: I haven't talked to her. But it's just like you come to a place where you grow up. I don't got to keep being mad at Mono, being mad at anybody for nothing, Like, well, how does that help me? How does that give me any blessing? How does that make God open the door for me to get like keep opening up my third eye so I can keep pursuing my dreams and my career. How could I help young ladies in the world. You know, like that ain't gonna you know, my my biggest goal to be in life. I grew up and I always say this, I grew up in Puerto Rico. I grew up in Cattle Lina, and like say's middle, And I said, yo, I grew up in the ghetto, in the hood, in the trenches, and I used to be running around without no shoes and have needles hero on needles on my feet.
Speaker 1: I had to come home.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to pull in my My dad used to be up crack and a heroin addict. So I come from nothing right, and my dad died when I was very young. And for me, my most important thing is to showcase to the little girls that they could do it. If I did it, you could do it too. Like that's always going to be my in goal because I have a daughter, and it's it's it's it's rooted deep in my heart. I want to always be that voice of reasoning to the young girls because they know I was a mess when I first came out. But look where I come from. Look what cars was given to me for me to play. So you got to remember I come from a really low income family. When I tell you low income, I mean like food stampslow in you feel me. And so for me now, it's like all I want to do is really just do my job, do what I love to do, music TV, help the little girls, take care of Bonnie, have another child with my husband. Yes, I'm an audist. Yes I do messed up things. Yes I'm out there. You might see something. Oh she crazy. I'm not crazy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna ever do anything that truly in my heart don't feel like I need to do, and I'm gonna take the consequences.
Speaker 1: Afterwards, we got more with Johnson Henandas when we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody. It's the dj NZ, Charlomagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: We're still kicking it with Jocelyn Hernandez. Jess Solaris is here, Charlamagne is out for a couple of days. Do you turn up for the cameras? The reason I say that is absolutely when people talk about Johnson, I'm like, I've been on flights with Jocelyn, like, and she's the coolest.
Speaker 10: Comments, how's your family, how's your wife doing? So then when I turn on the TV, I'm like, that's not the person.
Speaker 1: I just do it for three hours.
Speaker 10: I'm like, that's not the same person. So you you make it your business to entertain?
Speaker 3: Can I tell you something you could ask my family? You could ask my best friend Melissa, which is my manager and my husband. But listen, say I am a trip. I wake up in the morning tripping. I'm tripping. I'm high off life. I'm recently clean. And when I say clean, listen, let me tell you I'm grown. I could do whatever I want. I got my stuff together. I ain't never been in the streets.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 3: Ain't never heard that I owe nobody money. You ain't never heard that I'm broke. You ain't never heard that I ain't getting no money. You ain't never heard that I'm a junkie outside shooting up.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Did I like to party, Absolutely, still love to. But I know that I have to focus and I have to be as clean as I can to be the best that I can be. Right, But you could ask this too. I don't have to have nothing in my system. I wake up with the bush. Just like a funny person. People always be like, you should be a commedian. No, I'm funny because I don't want to be a commedian. I'm funny because that's just who I am as a person. So like I do turn off for the cameras, but envy I'm a funny ass. No matter what, Like I wake up funny. I just like to have fun. I like to have fun, I think, and I'm very and you got to remember, when I'm working and filming, I have to be very strict. And the second I getting out to be strict, I'm gonna be funny, I'm gonna be a bitch. I would be cracking jokes everything.
Speaker 10: Now you said you're clean?
Speaker 1: Is it? You're clean because you have your baby? And you're like, I have to change or what decided you? Like?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 10: I want to be clean? And what does clean mean?
Speaker 3: Well, you're not clean? Is not you know, you know, not doing it? Want to not doing it? One too? I'm done but doing not doing?
Speaker 1: What did baby make?
Speaker 10: You want to say? You know what I got to change? Or what was it that made Was it a.
Speaker 1: Scare or it wasn't?
Speaker 3: Like no scared? No, scared?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I always being very cautious and I do everything very limited, you know, because I'm I'm cuteed.
Speaker 1: I want to stay that way, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, you know, I be like you know when I hang out with my you know, I'm I'm more.
Speaker 1: Like a social party person.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, and I don't hang out all the time, but I feel so much stronger and so much better. It's like I feel like I don't need the crutches anymore. To me, the way I think about it's like a crutch, and I just feel like I'm finally walking without them and I don't need them. And I feel younger, I feel smarter, I feel sharper. Look, I finished working last night too. In the morning, I went to sleep, and I'm back up at seven o'clock. I told my manager, so, I said, I cannot believe. I took a poop, I brushed my teeth, I drank some tea, I drank some water, I did some medicine. I did my haird and my makeup and got here by I said, that is.
Speaker 1: Not Johnson r Nan. That's that's evolution.
Speaker 3: That's having open that's making sure that you don't abuse any drugs, you don't abuse anything in your path that could potentially throw you off being the best you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I want to ask you know, after the Floyd fight, we we spoke about your relationship with your husband, right, and I want to ask you about that because what we said was and this is what I said on a I said, you know, I look at my wife as not only as my wife, my lover, she's my sister, she's my best friend. So if she swing, I'm swinging. And then when we get home, I got to find out if she was right or wrong. That's just how our relationship works. But how is your relationship when it comes to those type of things, because you are on TV and you are you know, taped all the time, and you are out and about, So how is that relationship with you and you and your man?
Speaker 3: Well, shout out to Relistick. He is the man of my dreams. I love that man. How she did a day dream room.
Speaker 9: I love that.
Speaker 3: We know, but the relationship is say, I'm gonna tell you like this, if he swings on the man, I'm swinging. If I swing, he don't swing. It's just that he always there in the moment by me making sure that don't nobody else but the person that is involved is not doing nothing.
Speaker 10: Chara, say, he just gonna hold the other girl.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, never, never never never.
Speaker 3: No, He'll be like, why the is you here? He gonna be he gonna say, why is you here? Now you know johnsonally don't want your ass here, you know. But my man is a very respectful man. He's been around all the ladies from the cabaret. He's a trusted man and he's a real man. He will not swing on the lady. And he's never swung on old lady. If he looks at the heat of the moment where he might be screaming on their whole day making sure that don't nobody else do anything to me. He gonna always do that as a man, because that's what the man is supposed to do, you know. And he's so strong, he's got all the African power. If he's swings on a lady, she's dead.
Speaker 1: Look at that man.
Speaker 3: That man six feet sometime two hundred and sometimes. He's a big, old strong man, you know. So he know better than that. You know. He doesn't do it now, you know, without talking about the incident. But you perform that night I performed. That was my first time performing at an arena. Shout out to let me for letting me do that, because I asked let me, let me let me well from the owners network, he put the fight together and I was like, oh my gosh, let me can I perform there and he was like sure.
Speaker 10: I was like, yeah, how was that performance? Yeah, butterflies, because I mean you perform.
Speaker 2: I mean you not.
Speaker 3: I perform in my shows that people know my music and they come to see me and pay to see me. I never performed in a place.
Speaker 1: Where they go you feel me.
Speaker 3: So that was my first time. So I was I was nervous. But we've been practicing because I'm also filming the Cabaret here in New York. So we been dancing every day and it went really good. And then actually the girls that I had just picked, four dancers that I just meant in New York to dance with me. So we we learned that routine twenty four hours prior, and you trusted them and not even I mean, I gotta trust something if you want to If I wanted to go well and it went well, look it would look. Here's what I can't say. When I did my first song, they were clapping about the rhythm and they clapping for me. This is this is this is good stuff. These people don't know. My mean said this. All people coming to see people fight like them. All people don't be out there really just knowing what you know like the underground artists on myself is really doing like yeah, they might have heard my song, do it like if you'll be there, I want to write in their in their grandkids you know house or the children house.
Speaker 1: But not like that.
Speaker 3: But you don't know, you don't know, you could have. You don't know if some of them old people was probably leaving it like yeah whatever, but you never know that would happened. I was like, oh, many fads, so I was.
Speaker 1: I was excited about that.
Speaker 3: I did like a three songs said because I only had like seven minutes and thirty seconds, and I thought it was great.
Speaker 10: Now when you drunk that night, because people asked were you drunk?
Speaker 3: I had a lemonary youself. I always love to say I wasn't drunk, but I would have one or two drinks and for some reason, and I think, because I'm not chasing it with any drugs, it just hits me so much harder. Yeah, because I remember when I used to be on my she could drink ten drinks.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I could drink ten drinks.
Speaker 3: But it's not like I tell my husband, oh my gosh, I got a headache. How many drinks your hell, but only I like to drinks. I was neay with a headache. It's like it's like my brain just don't want to go back.
Speaker 1: It's called age.
Speaker 10: That's what it's called.
Speaker 1: What you talking age? Get it called age.
Speaker 10: When we come back, we got more with Johnson and there this is the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning morning everybody to Envy, Charlomagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Were still kicking it with Jocelyn Hernandez. Jess Solaris is here, Charlomage's out for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Jess.
Speaker 3: Okay, So how is your co parents and relationship with Stevie?
Speaker 2: I was that?
Speaker 3: How were y'all? I mean, you know, I don't really never talk to him. He talks to Bonnie on the phone and uh, you know, he says, sir, I have I have primary custody of Bonnie. I have physical custody of Bonnie, and uh, he's seen her life. He's you know, he has the right to see her whenever he wants to.
Speaker 1: So I think I think it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's good. And you know, my husband being with Bonnie since she was six months and he's been taking care of her because I me and my husband. When Bonnie was like six two eight months, it was really she was like a like a little toddler, like a little baby, not even a taller, she was a baby. Yeah. And so you know she loves she loves my husband, and you know she has a great relationship with her dad. I'm sure she loves him too. So sure, I mean I think I think it's great. So she has two dads, I mean I never put it that way because yeah, all the time, it's just two dads.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Now what made you do college?
Speaker 1: Hill? Did you want to go back to school with that?
Speaker 2: One of it?
Speaker 10: Was that one of your dreams? Like I want to can I.
Speaker 3: Tell you something?
Speaker 1: Yes? Really yes?
Speaker 3: And I told my husband, I'm like, damn, I got the opportunity to go back to school.
Speaker 1: I never want.
Speaker 3: First of all, I didn't even fit high school yard. I'm very smart though. I got ownership for always got ownership.
Speaker 5: Big.
Speaker 1: You gotta go get your g D first before you are But you skipped the ged you went to college that experience.
Speaker 3: So well, First of all, it was a great experience because HBCU, a lot of people always see this is something I need to clarify, maybe I need to do it at the Breafast Club with Chatu because I've always considered myself a black woman. But I was born in Puerto Rico and I speak Spanish. My first language is Spanish. But that's that that doesn't take away from the pack. When I walk in the building, people look at me and they say, that is a black woman, right, And so I always been cool and love to be a black woman, and they'd be like, Afro Latina. No, I don't have an afro. I don't have an afro. I don't have an afro. And I am a black woman that was born in the island of Puerto Rico. That's space Spanish.
Speaker 1: And I teach my daughter, my daughter confused out of somebody right now, but go ahead, but why because you're Puerto Rican? I am Puerto Rican. But back to the HBCU. In the HBCU, you know what I learned.
Speaker 3: I learned that the Puerto Ricans, the people that were born in Pero Rica that were black too, and back in the days, back in those days, they were definitely Afro Latinos because they all used to wear you know, the big the big here. But you know that the Black African American and the Puerto Ricas. They were tight, you know that when they were trying to do everything with the freeing the Negro and stuff like that. That's the stuff that I learned at the HBCU in the Alabama. You know, they were kind of telling us how the black Spanish and the Black African American came together and they were so much tighter than we actually are now. But me, I considered myself culture. Yeah, I consider myself a black woman that was born in Puerto Rico. Yes, I'm Latina because of course I see Spanish and I'm Latin. But for me, it's more than just saying that. For me, it's just that I'm proud to be black, whether I'm Spanish or not. And I just feel like a lot of people just have a problem with me being so proud.
Speaker 1: To be black.
Speaker 3: What's your with me proud that I have for this color? Like what's the problem? And was that what kind of like takes you off with Amber? Like because I kind of seen that. It was like even like what happened because I don't know what to what happened with I mean, I didn't have the camera, I wasn't in the class. She was like selling her, like, yo, like you don't want to be black, you don't want to be black.
Speaker 10: I've seen you told am, but she didn't want to be black.
Speaker 3: But I've seen previous you know, like it's been years.
Speaker 1: Everybody.
Speaker 3: It's not no damn secret, you know. And but really she you know, she she liked to dismiss the black side of her.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, she wasn't lying. I guess that's just a trigger, you know what I mean, you was lying. I wasn't lying. I was lying because I wasn't lying, And you know, I wasn't lying because we were talking about being black. And I just have to let them know. You don't want to be black. You came out of a big black just like I did. My mama got a big old black pidy. She's a perto Rican woman, but that lady black and her mama was blacker than the table my mama. So I come out of black. You came out of a black people. You don't want to you don't want to say you're black. That's weird to me. That's so weird to me. I don't care where your color is. I always thought she considered herself black too, Like I really seen that she was a Karen.
Speaker 1: When I got there, I was like, whoa, whoa, whoa. It was just pretty whoa.
Speaker 3: He said, that was crazy to find out that she was a Karen.
Speaker 11: What do you mean Karen? Like she she did not respect black rights. We like, because I didn't see that the show. So I'm confused. So I want you to tell me because I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know what a Karen is. I do, But then that's what she is.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, yo, It's just not.
Speaker 3: The only one that say that. You can go so it come up. It's just yeah, it was like it was you were just saying that for the first time there, but then that for the first time to her, like period, like when she was getting upset about what I was saying, the joke I was being ignoredt at school. Sometimes you go to school, you would you want to be in Glasgow.
Speaker 1: I was just talking.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, I'm the biggest I got up that day. I said, I'm the biggest man.
Speaker 1: Then you got into a Philly in Miami scuffle. We got a little scuffle. Listen that Joan is not from the part of the Philly that you think she's from. And yo, I don't it's not.
Speaker 10: Johnson practice that when that Joe, And mean, the.
Speaker 3: Only thing I practiced is my bullet points that I'm supposed to speak on. I don't practice nothing else. Everything else is gonna always be me.
Speaker 1: And you should know that that John that Joe when you know her husband.
Speaker 3: Is to Philly. So you know, I know a few words.
Speaker 10: Really, I gotta ask you, big LEXI, I don't know that, Okay, I really.
Speaker 2: Want to know who she is.
Speaker 10: I didn't really know who she is.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know that.
Speaker 10: I wanted to know what you know what we don't know.
Speaker 3: We don't know. We don't know her.
Speaker 1: I never knew, we never know her. No, I just know. I don't know.
Speaker 10: I'm just trying to figure out because I know I googled that. I seemed like that night I googled and I seen and I was trying to figure out know that I don't know. So I was gonna ask Love and Hip Hop, would you ever.
Speaker 1: Do it again?
Speaker 10: It seems like the ratings.
Speaker 3: Literally I want to go do it. I want to do it right now, please I right now, whoever charge of love a hip.
Speaker 1: I come home at the Princess. I'm gonna come through ballistic.
Speaker 10: It's cool going on there and then having the family and everything.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, accident.
Speaker 1: I don't listen Like look man, I'm already this farr I'm I'm just gonna.
Speaker 3: Say they need some more ratings, and I just I need how to go ahead on over there? Man, what you should I go to the one in Miami or the one in Atlanta, Miami, turn up anyone she is because I live in Miami. Please go to you.
Speaker 1: You gave you.
Speaker 3: You don't owe nothing else to Atlanta, and you you already put that franchise on the missap I need you to do Miami. I do I do her hoodie?
Speaker 8: Why not?
Speaker 10: Are you making money off the mook shot? They said that you were put there.
Speaker 3: Everybody, get listen. Jocelyn Cabaret Tour dot Com. I should have brought your something. Listen.
Speaker 1: Why ain't wearing? Why warn't bring Jessica? Now?
Speaker 3: So you're selling I am and it's going to make it. Listen. Can you please go download that there right there, because you're gonna it go it look good. I had them deluver time briefcase with the Louisverton shoes, and the louisver Time glasses, the mud shot and and and the gene Now for oh, I was flying is like it was show. Oh yeah, babe, I thought I would say potty and killing it. Yeah, thank you? So God got your T shirts? Yeah, Johnson discabaret to dot com you could go get them.
Speaker 10: Well, Johnson, we appreciate you for joining us. Thank you so much.
Speaker 11: Like I said, I see you all the time, and and you're so calm and so nice. But I ain't gonna front you.
Speaker 1: Gotta you. You might to get in boxing after this is all. You might just want to just maybe even you know a couple of them.
Speaker 3: Can I truly tell you something? If I didn't, if I wasn't an autist and I didn't care about breaking my face, I would do UFC. Oh yeah, I would. I love it.
Speaker 1: I do UFC. I want to box. I would do UFC.
Speaker 3: But I can't. I told my husband all the time, and her I'd be like, I would do it, but I can't because the first thing is going to break on me is my nose and then it's over. But she is so fixed she could set it up how she want to set it up and she know, no, that is not fair. No, that's why I said wrestling. I mean because she can do wrestling and that that's big money. No, I would do you break this just down. I'm a great fighter. You know what I told somebody the other day, I said, because I told somebody, I said, do you do karate? Don't? You ain't gonna do no more karate than me. I don't know karate, but I know crazy. I know crazy?
Speaker 1: You know? You know what's his name? Said that?
Speaker 3: What's the singer name, James Brown in the song? I don't know karate, but I know crazy. You know James Brown?
Speaker 1: To you?
Speaker 10: I know that's right, ladies and general man. Oh, last question is that your security go out there that I was out there at the fight that night.
Speaker 3: You know what, I troubled with about twenty security guards.
Speaker 11: So I'm not sure you know which one I'm talking about. I'm talking about the three pizza?
Speaker 1: Is that the one right there? The three pizza?
Speaker 3: And is it a slap slap test that they gotta get?
Speaker 12: You?
Speaker 1: Can? I say y'all to say y'all so funny? Why is y'all so funny?
Speaker 10: When I see them? I noticed him before I noticed you.
Speaker 1: I said, it's like, no, we want to be like you, good good, like that. I don't want to do acces that. I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 3: They got plenty of money from the suits. They'll be just fine.
Speaker 10: Right, we know that, Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: It's Johnson, the Puto, Rican Princess, the biggest.
Speaker 2: It's the.
Speaker 1: Donkey up today. By damn heg, it's time to donkey. I mean, trying to be dunky today.
Speaker 7: No more.
Speaker 1: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days called Donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 3: Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey out of day to day?
Speaker 1: Welless hilarious. Donkey of to Day for Tuesday, March twenty eight was a double donkey. It goes to thirty eighth year old Chief Chastain and the Clovis Police Department. It comes a point in time in life where we all must remember it takes to you. Okay, to you, all right, kids, gather around your uncle Sharloh would like to tell you about some things that have been going on since the nineteen hundreds. Okay, One of those things is the saying it takes to you, okay, are it takes to you to tango? That means that a situational argument involves two people and they are both therefore responsible for it. I repeat, it takes to you to tango. Means that a situational argument involves two people and they are both therefore responsible for it. It takes two. There's also a classic hip hop record that will make anyone with a soul who grew up in the nineteen hundreds and eighties lose their mind. The reason I'm giving you this history lesson to day is because in this donkey that I'm delivering, it absolutely took to you. All right. See, Keith was arrested ten times in one monff. I repeat, Keith Chastain was arrested ten times in one monf See y'all think I'd be lying. Let's go to Fox twenty six News for the report.
Speaker 13: Police local law enforcement agencies say they are very familiar with thirty eight year old Keith Chastain, who has been booked in Fresno County jail not once, not twice, but ten times in the last thirty one days. Chastain is from Fresno, and it's currently facing eighteen felonies and fifteen misdemeanors from his recent arrests. According to Clovis Police Department, his charges include stealing six vehicles, a dui, vandalism, fraud, possession of controlled substance, and more. Clovis Police Department alone says it has arrested Chastain six times in the last month. Around nine thirty Tuesday morning, Clovis Police received a call about a stolen truck that Chastain was suspected of driving. Police sayan officer found the stolen truck driving an old town Clovis and followed it until more officers arrived. Officers pulled Chastain over in front of Clovis Police Department and arrested him without incident. Police say he was the only person in the stolen truck and happened to be on his way to pick up his personal property from Clovis Police Department. From the last time he was arrested. Mind you, he was in a stolen vehicle.
Speaker 1: Now. As you just heard, Keith Chastain was arrested ten times by Clovis Police six times, okay, six times by Clovis Police and four times by other agencies he was in a stolen vehicle on the way to pick up his items from the jail. Okay, Now, if he had gotten locked up by different agencies once or twice, I would understand. But if you get locked up by the s AIM agency the Clothes Police department six times, six times, at what point does it become the police department's fault as well for constantly letting you out? At what point does it become a judge's fault for constantly grant you bail. He's facing eighteen felonies in fifteen misdemeanors, with charges including stealing six vehicles, dui vandalism, fraud, possession of a controlled substance, and a whole lot more. At some point, maybe after arrest number three, possibly after arrest number five, surely at arrest number six, someone at the Clovis Police Department has to say, no need to let this man out, because he's just gonna come right back. Okay. If the Clovis Police Department had a customer loyalty program like Starbucks or Subway or Sophara, this man Keith would get his tenth arrest for free. Okay, hit the rest of nine times, get your tenth for rest for free. Clearly this man has a boyfriend behind those walls. Either that or he likes the food. Okay. When someone shows you who they are, believe them. And this man Keif has shown us he's a serial criminal. Okay, so give him what he wants, and what he wants is clearly zero bond, ten arrest in thirty one days. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So yes, Keith is insane because he keeps committing crimes in the same crimes and getting locked up. And the Clovis Police Department is insane because they keep locking Keith up for these crimes, the same crimes and letting them out. They both are to blame. So please give Keith Chastain a heat and give the Clovis Police Department a hall together, because it takes two to give them the biggest he hal. This man wrote his name in jail, yo, that's why they said, don't write you name. They don't write your name on the walls in jail. You keep coming back to that jail. Jesus the breakfast club morning, Everybody's dja envy Cholamagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club. Of course, Jess Hilaries is here, yes, indeed, and we got a special guests in the building, Dion Co.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, hello, my brother. How's everybody doing?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I'm happy to see you.
Speaker 1: I can't I'm just I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, definitely, man, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely a lot to talk about. You got Average Joe. Are you you're in a new color purple too? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, absolutely yeah yeah, new color purple, Average Joe.
Speaker 1: We just talked about that yesterday. We were talking about they just released the trailer. What's your thoughts on the movie? Because we were like, Color Purple?
Speaker 10: Is that a movie that you do.
Speaker 1: Hard to remake? Classics? Man?
Speaker 2: So the director Blizz I don't know. He did Beyonce's The Lion King where she was like han Jay. They was like, uh, live action Lion King. Yeah, but remember this video she had. It was like a twenty minute video where she was like and cars and on the beach running and Jay had these like suits and stuff whatever. It was like very beautifully yeah yeah, all of that. Yeah, yeah, he directed all of that. And so for him to take that vis and then apply it to this movie. It's like bananas. Plus it's a different spin on it. It's a whole different spin on a color purple. So it's gonna be way different than the other one. But still in it's all right, you know, holding up to what it is. But I ain't really big on remakes, neither like that. But but this one, Yeah, it's crazy because it's a different perspective now.
Speaker 1: That I was saying the twenty twenty three you can't do color purple. You have to have to be woke. Yeah, yeah, so much. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a whole different, whole different look on it, a whole different span on it.
Speaker 11: But you know, some of the remakes so like I didn't like Coming to America too, right, I just the first one, which is classic.
Speaker 10: I don't touch that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I didn't like There was another remake that they did, but people told me white Man Can't Jump. I didn't want to go see that, but people telling me it's really really good, so I guess it can if they come from a different perspective for a new way House Party was another one.
Speaker 10: I didn't like it though, I didn't. I don't really like that one.
Speaker 11: But yeah, when they do it from a different perspective or shot. Well, I don't think there's a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I play our Fonzo, So I play Cee's father, got when I take Philly.
Speaker 1: You can't have you can't have I can't remember, you can't have her, but you can have.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Yeah, yeah, I play him kept. No, No, it's it's different. Yeah, but you know you still you still get it. He's still that dude got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Still call it ugly and woke away because of this new era.
Speaker 2: Yo, Yeah I do. I do hate it definitely. That's why I don't understand why people who don't like that kind of stuff, Like why do you even come to the shows? You're messing it up for the people that really pay to come see in here, you know what I mean? Like, why would you come in there with your beliefs and feeling it's about something that I thought of, And you ain't in my world. You ain't in my tax bracket, you ain't around the people I'm around, you ain't not about my culture. But you come over here and try to tell me what I need to be saying and doing. It don't even make sense. So yeah, I hate that that we have to kind of conform to that. And I heard somebody say that in the interview that we don't and if and it's not a problem, and it is a problem. I think honestly, you got Lenny, Bruce and Richard and all these people who stood up for us to be able to say whatever we want to say, and now we can't. It's like, it's crazy to take away from the whole thing. It's like, now you go to comedy shows and they tell you what they think you want to hear in order to be safe, right, you know what I mean. But there's certain comics that are still out on the front line that get loose, you know, like Dave just don't give a note about nothing, you know. So you got great comics that's still out here fighting for that that voice that we all have and that people want to hear, except for certain people that don't.
Speaker 1: So and your circumstances because you you definitely edgy on stage, but then you got all the court.
Speaker 2: Going on, yeah, yeah, exactly, yeah, yeah, I can't yeah, I can't say exactly what I wanted to say. That's what that's my whole life, sitting back trying to figure out another way. That's what That's all I do. How can I say this another way and still be able to say it?
Speaker 1: But you know, you to face an old Spice bro crazy, Like that's why if you really think about it, it's really wild. It's like time only think of two people. The dude who used to ride the horse back.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah, it's crazy right yeah. I couldn't even even when they came to me about it. I was just like, wow, they can't even say, hey.
Speaker 10: We want you to do this old Spice commercially be the fake? What was your thought?
Speaker 2: So at first they came to me and they was like, I guess they have seen me do all these different kind of like quirky like characters like on Angie, Tribeca and Conan and Blackish, and I was doing all these like trippy characters, and I guess they were like, yo, it made sense where it was like yo, you come in and yo we can all we can rock And I was like yeah, I was like yeah I can do that. So they flew me to Portugal, man, and I shot all of this basically how old Spices get down, you know what I mean? Like really wild in the woods, beard growed and throwing trees and you know, I did all of that, and then I came back to the US and there's like they ain't they didn't want to use none of all of that and then use none of it. And then they came to me about something else.
Speaker 3: And then me and.
Speaker 2: I, Me and this other guy, we was just sitting. I mean this other guy, he was cute. He was writing this whole new premise. And then when it came to me about it, and I was like, man, that's cool, and so we did it, and man, it took off. You know, just me and my girl a Gap. Yeah, yeah, we just we just got it.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just I went and grabbed Gap and was like, yeah, they're thinking about this, this thing where it's relationship with a couple and trying to take your old spice, and you know, they was like, yeah, let's do it. This man, we did it.
Speaker 3: And because it's a storyline, commercial story I was supposed to be in one of them.
Speaker 1: Sister.
Speaker 3: Yeah he brought that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah man, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They picked.
Speaker 3: Like family member and it was know, you're here supposed to tell me get your black ass hands on my something and again because somebody else, they never would have said that.
Speaker 1: I cut the every time I see that, that's supposed to be me. I'm serious, I'm supposed to be listening. Yeah. Really, ain't gonna tell you. You know, you were at the top. So when we come back, we got more with Dion Cole. It's the World's Most Dangerous Morning short of Breakfast Club. Welcome back to the World's Most Dangerous Morning short of Breakfast Club. Charlomage the God just hilarious Dion Cole.
Speaker 3: Now, Jess, So I want to know, are you doctor because I saw you just you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, Like if somebody on the plane high out they need a doctor, they're gonna be ass out, but they ain't the doctor. But yeah, yeah, I just got that, just gotragulation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Clander Smith College, which is now about because you're in the first city. Yeah, thanks man, it's.
Speaker 10: How did you for all the work that you did and everything?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, and uh paid for his Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got an endowment at South Carolina State University, Okay, made me an honorary doctor it is. And I get a commitment speech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah I did too. It was I gave mine. They really didn't give to what I was saying. I thought I was dropping some gems sitting down there on their phone.
Speaker 1: I was like out there like this might have been taking think, so do you keep going when you see that? Man?
Speaker 2: It was I was bombing, like for real, like I was. I was giving it and then it'd be like a couple of chuckles, a couple of coughs, and then I just keep going, like just going up to the next topic or whatever.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: I was thinking I was doing like stand up you thinking in front of an audience like that, you're about to be ripping.
Speaker 5: Nah.
Speaker 2: They was out there like, nah, I want to see my baby cross and get her degree, and that's what I'm here for.
Speaker 1: But that's standing up, muscled on kicking when you see people like ignoring you because you know you you'd get at somebody for that. Nah.
Speaker 2: Like nah, I'm I'm quick to leave.
Speaker 10: I leave.
Speaker 2: I leave, man, I didn't up some shows. Yeah, I try it and I keep going. If it ain't working, I just know that I ain't for them, and I go. I'm Trevor good Night. I leave A whole nother name.
Speaker 3: Sean.
Speaker 1: He's Outville Sunky joke coming out through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was Joe. Man. This this was thank you so much. It was man, this was a labor of love. It's like a darkly comedic drama takes place in Pittsburgh. This dude, his father dies and these mob dudes is looking for him and the Joe. He don't know what's going on, but his father left some money trying to figure out what's going on, and he had to make these decisions between like you know, family and money. But yeah, it's it's funny, but it's it's dark. I can say, like we was leaving set miserable just from.
Speaker 1: Being like a comic. You gotta you know, you you can be good to do comedy, but.
Speaker 2: Every day just to leave murdering, lying and de seaful and heartache and losing people and every day leave you know. That was the first time I started realizing I understand how like people kind of break when they when they do movies and stuff. That was the very first time I used to be like, he ain't that deep into characters. But nah, Like if you keep doing that and you have to constantly be that person, do that like you used to like, that's where on you. I used to always think like like with Parc, they always say Park became like yeah, he became Bishop from Juice or whatever. Anyway, that's how that show was. Man, we was down there, we were shooting in the lineup. Boy, it was like we was doing like sixteen hours sometimes twenty hours, you know, shooting up. But we got a nice piece of work, and man, it's it's gonna be something if y'all like Murder and Mayhem. Absolutely yeah, yeah, you're gonna you're gonna love this.
Speaker 1: Your lead crazy the first time Crazy.
Speaker 3: She's looking at you, talk about this amazing because even as comics, we we can still we can play any part. We can do anything. You always think of Robin Williams, you know, the comics, especially going from comedy to Drive and Jim Carrey and you know, even like what you just say, like how you sixteen hours? You got a status person and you got it. It's like you used to being, you know, but no, it's different. But the fact that you can do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But it's like I remember when I when they when when they when I took the job. Because usually I'm I'm a type of cat. I go play my part and I go get my drop top and we rolling.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, that's what I did on Blackets for eight years.
Speaker 1: I did my part, that was out.
Speaker 2: I was gone when I signed on to do this, And seem like six he paid scripts and I'm in like ninety percent of it. I'm looking right like I got a real job. I'm like, I can't leave. They like, man, the first one hair last to leave. You Like what it was an adjustment because I still had other things going on and other businesses and other projects and trying to write that and do that and trying to do this. I had to learn to I had to cut all that out and just focus dead on this and get it done. But yeah, being you got to watch what you pray for. You gotta know how to pray. You know a lot of people don't know how to pray. And you know, that was one of the things that I learned. You know, a person to ask, man, Lord, can I have a man? Can I have a woman? And they'll get you one and they won't have a job.
Speaker 1: They won't have a job.
Speaker 2: I forgot to ask for a job with that person.
Speaker 1: When it comes to comedy and drama, right, they always say, it's a thin line. That's what the whole tears of a clown can come from. Toether comic, you don't lean into trauma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, that's that's exactly what I did, you know what I mean. But it wasn't like that at first. Like another another turning point, when we was doing the Hearder They Fall, I was like I walked on set and was like, Yeah.
Speaker 3: What's going on, Hey, what's going on on?
Speaker 2: Funny and comedian comedian? I remember Jonathan Majors and all them. They was just all sitting back and doorl Roy Lindo. They was all just quiet and just chilling, and I was like, Hey, what's going on? And beyond Hey, so we're going knock the South and we're gonna they was just like And then when we werehearsed, they was just like so like and like it was so real, and so it just was like, man, I remember Jonathan told me, he was like, man, you shouldn't acting is the worst title for this job. This is what you should not be doing. You should not be acting. You should become you should become that person instead of acting. And so it made me be like oh really, So then I went back changed my whole demean up man, just from that conversation and came back and was like, all right, we gotta we gotta just be calmness person. And I remember that all the time, just becoming you know.
Speaker 1: And so when we come back, we got more with Dion Cole, it is the World's Most Dangerous Mornings for the Breakfast Club, The Breakfast Club. Welcome back to the world Most Dangerous Morning. Sh to Breakfast Club, CHARLAMAGNEA God, just hilarious, Dion Cole, what about when you're not in the mind state? The joke all work like like like did you give yourself time to grieve after your mother path?
Speaker 2: So I am like still dealing with that, Like that's like really with me still, and I'm trying because I was the only child, no father, Yeah, no, thank you man, And I'm still like That's why I try to stay as busy as possible because anytime I like have downtime or anything good happened, like that's with me because I'd be wishing she was here, that she can like be here and be a part of that. And people out there that that's going through the state, they know what I'm talking about, Like anything good happen to you. You just it's like a bit of sweet moment, you know, like even with the color purple coming out, I'm not like in it like that, but I just wish my mama would have been there to see that. And you know, it's things like that, even average Joe being the lead, it's like, I wish my mama was here so she could like see that and feel that because there's stuff we talked about, even getting my doctorate, for her to know that her son was now like doc having a degree like that. It's just I would have like center, you know what I mean. So anytime these situations happen, it's like it's nice. But I also just getting to like and people don't and people always be like you need to go talk to somebody and something, and it's like, yeah, you can do that, but this just happened to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't know nobody who has something like this can just happen to you and you go talk to somebody and you all good. If anybody's like that, they weird to me, like you should be able to agree, like you said, and you should be able to have these moments. And you don't rush people in these situations, you know, just just be there for them, you know. And I had a lot of people leave me, Like a lot of people leave me because I wasn't who they wanted me to be when I was good. Your mom just passed, come on, I know, but everybody left and it was weird. And people out there that's dealing with death and they know what I'm talking about, Like, people leave you because you shain't And now I'm not the person out out that that I was when they met me. And I understand that. But if you're a good friend and you really there, you're gonna you're gonna understand the severity of this, and you're gonna understand that, you know, being the only child, not having nobody else and no mother, no father, nothing thing like that, and that's gonna wail on you. You basically in the world alone, you know what I mean, You really don't have nobody else. I mean I got family, cousins and stuff like that. But media, it's it's hard.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: I go through it every day and I try to try to be better, and you know, I try to advocate. Tell everybody, Man, if you got your mother, your father, any of that. Man, take pictures of them, video them, talk to them. Even if you don't get along with them, just be around them, man, because you just never know. Because my mom died suddenly, was nothing wrong with just I came from audition calling her and they was like, she didn't make it, and thinking that she was going to an appointment. I was like an appointment.
Speaker 1: It's like, nah, she ain't make it.
Speaker 2: And I'm like make what You could.
Speaker 1: Not understand that, Like, what do you mean she make it?
Speaker 2: They told me that. I just like, I was like, I just talked to her, What are you talking about? I ain't even want to, Like even with my Netflix special, I didn't even want to do that. That wasn't even something I was planning to do. But I got cornered into shooting that special on that day, you know, like the day that my mom died, September tenth, and I was looking for a spot. Usually when you tour, if you're about to shoot a special, you won't perform in that city. So I was gonna do Philly. Philly was city I was gonna shoot my special win, but we were taking too long with the deal and I ended up doing Philly right, and now I had nowhere else to go, and I wanted to shoot. I thought about New York, but I just was like, you got to be from New York in order to do New York, you know what I mean, Like it's New York is just different, you know, It's like you got to be from there. But when it came around to me shooting special, Netflix is like, you got shooting September, and I was like, make sure it's at the end of September because I know I couldn't shoot around a year later from the day my mom passed. They came back not even knowing. They was like this, yeah, we got the venue. I'm like, man, let's do it. I was like what day They was like September tenth. I was like, I said nah. I was like, I was like, I ain't gonna do it. Then about the days later, my mom was like, you know what, don't even mourn like that, like celebrate her. Shoot on that day, dedicate this to her and celebrate her, because when people pass man, you have to like make them live through you. Of course, even if it's a password, you know what I mean, if you get it, if you set a password and you put their name in every day you that's that's day. They stay with you every day, you know what I mean. And so I was like, you didn't password, No, I did not.
Speaker 1: I didn't know, but y'all.
Speaker 2: And I just was like, man, I'm gonna shoot it, and I shot it like on that day. But I also was trying to show people and teach people that with comedians and entertain us, even y'all, people don't understand we we got problems and when we perform and you never know what that comic is going through. So that was a whole deal with my Netflix special. It was that I wanted to perform without telling nobody what was going on, and then at the end of the special let them know I was up here rocking with y'all. You're not even knowing what I was going through. I just cried right before I walked out on stage. I was backstage wiping my eyes, took a deep breath, and walked out there, performed the whole special with them not even knowing that this was like the one year anniversary of my mom's death, and I wanted tend to see that us performers, we had to put aside whatever.
Speaker 1: We're going through you said something powerful that I would like for you to talk about, just because that's something I struggle with. How do you show up as a friend when somebody had somebody that they lose that's close to them, like a parent or significant other. Would you have wanted your friends to do in that moment.
Speaker 2: So if I'm now different, and we ain't buying bottles and kicking it, and I ain't none club, and I'm now I'm in the club with you, but I'm but I'm daydreaming and I'm zoned out, and I ain't helping you pull all the women in the club and all that or whatever. Now I'm boring to you. I'm not what you was. If you're a friend, you're gonna be like, man, let's get out this club. Let's go ahead, let's go chill, let's go get you together, Let's go chill. If you're any way different, even if I'm snappy, even if I'm not understanding, if I don't hear you correctly at any of that, understand that I wasn't normally like this. So therefore you have to know that there's some kind of issue going on with me, right, So therefore you have to channel that and understand that and get to know who I am now or who I'm about to be, because now I'm embarking on.
Speaker 1: A new normal.
Speaker 2: And that's what everybody has to do. It out there and embark on a new normal for absolutely. And once a true friend understand that, yo, he's he's embarking on the new normal. And I have to be here to learn that new normal in order to be there, to be there for that, you know what I mean. So once a person understands that, and they'll be there, they won't leave you, and they gonna be there and they gonna and they're gonna help you out and they not gonna leave because all of a sudden you don't understand them and all of that, and it's like it's it's so whack or whatever. And I lost not only I lose my mother, I lost like other family members and friends and so it was very and I'm still in that kind of lonely spot right now, you know, but it's a lot better because I'm working and I got all these other projects coming out and about the pop and bubble and all that, and so it's taking up my mind frame and you know, me working on a whole New Hour, the tour with and all of that. So you know, I'm not feeling as left out and lonely no more, because you know, I got a lot going on. But as a friend, that's what a friend does. A friend understands that you changed, and they gonna change with you, and they're gonna be there for you, and they gonna find out how are you now, find out what makes you happy?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: What makes you sad? Now you know, and they're gonna be that for you, you know what I mean. But falling back and and it's a selfish move, a lot of people go because they go, oh, you're not making me feel comfortable around you or and now it's about them, yeah, you and not you, you know what I mean. So yeah, it's it's a it's a trip that situation. And I'm still learning, you know what I mean. And uh, and the friends that I do have, Man, we've been rocking and you know, we having a ball and we're gonna keep it moving.
Speaker 10: We appreciate you, brother, and we love you brother.
Speaker 2: I love y'all man, and I thank y'all man for this platform. I hate that it got serious.
Speaker 1: Like always give the best conversations and I love it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I appreciate y'all, man, and y'all keep doing, y'all doing y'all very I just want to say, y'all, y'all very powerful, more powerful than what y'all even probably thinking though, and I want you all to understand that and keep doing good with with with the positions y'all.
Speaker 11: Average Joe premiere June twenty fifth on B E T Plus and thank you brother for joining us.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Man.
Speaker 2: Y'all check it out.
Speaker 1: Cole. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.