Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all bay.
Speaker 1: At all at all. So don't give a.
Speaker 2: Busy listening to show to.
Speaker 3: Join. Yah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joy, you know you love you.
Speaker 1: You gotta turn. You got to turn the mouth.
Speaker 5: Turn.
Speaker 2: You probably got to turn the mouth. Mount a wad of the money up.
Speaker 6: Come come on, you think, uh.
Speaker 5: Huh, I sure will.
Speaker 7: Good morning everybody you are listening to the voice, Come on now, digny one and only Steve Harvey got the radio show. Thank God for it all the time too. Well, here we go today. I want to share something with you that will help you because it's helped me.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 7: Telling the story once that in this magazine called Rob Report, that there was a statue I used to see for years. I started buying Rob Report magazines years ago. So I just wanted to see what affluent people did, you know, just wanted to see what people with means did, what type of investments they did, what they bought, you know, where they traveled to the Rob Report. It's just like a it's like a big boy toy magazine. You can see what cars is out. And I didn't have money for none of it. Just I was dreaming, though, you know, I just wanted to see. And there's a statue inside this magazine of this man who was coming out of this bronze rock. And he was completely bronzed, and he was muscular, and you know, he didn't look nothing like me, but he was a man coming up out of a rock. And he had a huge hammer and a chisel in his hand. And as his body from the waist up was coming out of this huge piece of stone, you could see where it was him who had been chiseling informing himself. So the name of the statue was self made Man. And for years man I said, Man, I'm gonna get a big house one day, and I'm gonna put that statue in the backyard in the corner. That's gonna be my little spot where I go chill, because I'm a self made man. Well, after years of working at becoming somebody and having reached a degree of success, I would have nothing to do with that statue. There's nothing about that statue that appeals to me anymore, because on my journey and in my quest to become what I thought would be this self made man, where I could put this statue and had this statue in the corner be kind of cold symbolizing it.
Speaker 5: I made it.
Speaker 7: I realized on my journey there's no such thing as a self made man. That we all need help, and that God places people in our paths along the way that benefit us oftentimes. And it's the most unlikely person often times, and it's the most unlikely way that He presents these people in front of you. It's crazy how he does it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: And so this is a statue now that I look at and I go, I see what the creator was saying. And that's cool, but not not for me, because because I needed help, and I've learned a lot of things like this along the way. And the part I wanted to share with you all about this is you've got to develop You've got to develop a sense of purpose. You have to develop a sense of purpose that's different. See, your purpose is created for you by God because when He created you as an individual from whatever two parents you may have, that's not important here. When he created you, he had something in mind for you, and it was a purpose. God has not created a single soul to become a criminal. God has never created a single soul to be a drug dealer. This came about through some decisions we made as sinners, and we stayed.
Speaker 2: In that place. But see what he created us. He has a wonderful idea for us.
Speaker 7: But God gives us human beings this thing called choice, and we have the power to decide. So you can decide if you're gonna adhere to the purpose that God created you and made you for, or you can go ahead and make some choices on your own. So like, if God wanted to give you a life and give it to come to you and give you life more abundantly, and that's his promise if you come to him, if you choose him, then cool. But if you say, well this ain't moving along fast enough, I'm gonna get my own life of abundance, I'm gonna start slinging.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what now, Tada.
Speaker 7: You made a decision and seek God's decisions and choices. The one thing I learned about them, God's decisions, choices, his voice, It has no sin in it. And it amazing how many people it came up to you and said, the Lord wanted me to do this to you, and I'm doing it. That God is punishing you and I'm doing this to you because God gonna see that you get your day.
Speaker 2: Who is this person?
Speaker 7: Who is this person that God all of a sudden gave this authority and power to God didn't get at the nobody, Man, nobody, this person don't have the right to hold you to your past, the right to make you pay. So who makes them pay when they make mistakes? Because they all make them. So when I say you have to have a sense of you have to develop a strong sense of purpose. That means you have to strongly get in touch with your creator to find out what the purpose you were created for. See, it's two things that I had to learn along the way. My career was what I was paid for. My calling is what I was made for. See, it's two different things, folks. It took me a long time to learn it. Some people think that they calling is to be a performer. Well, that's what you paid for, and a big part of your life is your performance. It's tied directly to your But what you made for, though, what you made for is to bring about some significant change in another human beings lives because we are all linked together in this chain.
Speaker 2: That's what you are here for.
Speaker 7: Everybody has a purpose to do something wonderful, meaningful, or impactful for another person. You think the God that invented the airplane was merely inventing the airplane so he could fly. Now, his purpose was to become an inventor, to come up with this invention so he could fly and we all fly.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 7: Sometimes God will make you successful so you can become successful, so you can turn around to teach other people how to become successful. God save people, so you can turn around it tell other people how wonderful it is to be saved. You see how this thing work. That's what we have to do as people. And it's nothing that we have to go and discover. We have to go and develop it. But if you have a discovery with your purpose, it's simply because here's it. If you haven't discovered your purpose, it's simply because you have not contacted the creator and maker of your soul to ask and find out why you were created. It's as simple as that. If you buy a toyota, there's an owner's manual on the inside that will tell you everything you know how to best operate your toyota, how to make it work, what to do.
Speaker 2: They got a trouble shooting section.
Speaker 7: Your faith is the same thing as an owner's manual in your car. Open up that book, man, find out how to jumpstart your life, how to troubleshoot it and get on with your life, and find out your purpose and develop a strong sense of purpose.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, you're listening.
Speaker 7: Show ladies, gentlemen, truck drivers, bosses, warner bees, people in construction, bridge workers, school crossing guards. You know, man, I had a school crossing guard one time. I never met a person more evil. Why are you a hateful person leading the kids cross the street? All of us felt in endangered every time she put the stop sign up because I felt like she was trying to kill us. I really did, man, she was an evil crossing God cars be coming.
Speaker 2: She waited the.
Speaker 7: Last minute throw that sign out. You here, everybody in the crosswalks started crying and running. I was just I don't know why I thought of that just now, but that's how my mind was. Just thought I'd let y'all in there. This is Steve Harvey Martin show. Be Grateful today. Y'all had long conversation with God. Really spent some time thanking him in some morning to do the same thing. Just take a couple of minutes, man out to day. Close your eyes. You ain't got to just thinking you can do that with your eyes open. I ain't telling to tell you how to do it. I'm just asking you to do it.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 7: Shirlie Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica Jr. Better known as KLS, which stands for kill Lwan's space.
Speaker 2: It's the lauwan for me kill. I didn't get that at first. I don't know.
Speaker 7: That's when black people started naming their kids Spanish names kill. I don't know where that came from. That is not black though, killer.
Speaker 2: But lawan no.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, oh yeah, they made up for kill and the legend that is nephew Tommy Jr.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Let me ask you, uh, you know our family decided this year we're gonna do that gift exchange. Have you done that before with your family when you do the gift exchange? Yeah, of course, yeah, because I know I saw who pulled my name. I know my gift things can be nothing. But Monael pulled my name and he missing the two, so I know I ain't finna get money.
Speaker 9: The one in the front.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: See, if he don't care about hisself, I know, damn what henna care about my gift?
Speaker 3: I know that.
Speaker 7: Well, if you won't buy a tooth, I can promise you your gift ain't gonna be worth it. That help because first of all, he don't see nothing wrong. When a person is shopping for you that don't see nothing wrong. The tooth in the front of your head is missing. Yeah, dog, And what I got to do? Pop bottles copper. Why you know, I go work down at the trap house for a couple of days. I got to get some money for this tooth. It's no way, dog, I'm down at the grocery store. I'm bagging groceries. I'm doing whatever I got to do. I got to get some money for this tooth.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Your uncle to set that for years.
Speaker 5: Yeah missing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man, your gift ain't gonna be nothing.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I promise you.
Speaker 9: This gift coming out of dollarsto, I know it is.
Speaker 5: Well, you should buy my two baying mato. I didn't pull his name. I didn't pull.
Speaker 2: Okay to help them.
Speaker 7: If I'm buying a tooth crush, hey, Junior, I'll buy him a toothbrush and cut half the bristles off.
Speaker 2: Mean evil all right, the brushes.
Speaker 7: Concentrated where they be, because you don't want your brushes hitting that gun.
Speaker 10: Coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we will hear from the nephew.
Speaker 1: As he runs that prank back right after this. You're listening morning show.
Speaker 10: All right, it's time now to start your morning off with the nephew and run that prank back.
Speaker 2: What you got for us, nep job awful?
Speaker 5: Everybody looking for one?
Speaker 2: You never know?
Speaker 5: Cat dog, Let's go.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach you, William William Please, Yes, this William, I William. My name is Daniel. I'm with deployment agency.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, how's it doing?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm pretty good. You You actually came in a couple of weeks and filled out some forms.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah I did. I did.
Speaker 6: You're you're seeking ployment right, yes, sir? I am okay, okay, Well listen, I got a few things here i'd like to go over if you don't. If you have the time, I'd like to get a couple of questions from you. I think I actually have something I could send you out on on Monday. If you actually fit the criterias.
Speaker 4: Okay, oh okay, well hold one, let me grab a pin real fast, hold on. Okay, all right, I'm ready.
Speaker 6: All right. Are you used to physical labor at all?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yes I am.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I got out a problem health wise or physical. You're you're you're able to handle that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 6: Okay. About how tall are you, William?
Speaker 3: Eight?
Speaker 4: Eight?
Speaker 6: Okay? And how much do you weigh?
Speaker 4: About one?
Speaker 6: One fifty? Okay, all right, let's do this now. Have you done any singing at all? Uh?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 6: Not.
Speaker 4: I can sing a little bit, not and I'm not a singer. Singer, but you know I could.
Speaker 3: I could.
Speaker 4: I could blow a little bit, but not professionally.
Speaker 6: But you know, but you're pretty good at holding a note at least though, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can hold a note.
Speaker 6: Uh huh okay, not bad, not bad at all. Are you good working out in the heat? Is that okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah? At this point, man, I'm willing to take anything. Yeah, I'm cool with that.
Speaker 6: Okay. How long have you been out of work?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 4: Man, it's about a good about a year and a half.
Speaker 6: Now, okay, Well man, we're going to try to fix that for you. I know, Uh, with the way economy is, you know, I know how people can be out of work and not be able to find what they're looking for. But I think we've got something up right Alley. Now, let me ask you this question. Are you good working barefooted?
Speaker 4: Barefooted?
Speaker 6: Yeah, without without shoes on it all?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I guess if the jobs required it, then I mean, yeah, I can do that.
Speaker 6: Okay. Now we're gonna start Monday morning right at sunrise, so we're talking about five point thirty six o'clock here. We're gonna need you, uh to report to the field to actually get ready. Okay, what kind of job is this? I mean, what you're gonna be doing, William, is you're gonna what you're gonna be doing is actually picking cotton, and we want you to do it barefooted, and we'd like for you to actually sing while you're doing it.
Speaker 4: Well, you gotta be kidding, And man, are you serious?
Speaker 6: I'm that serious. The jape's ten bucks an hour. You know we're gonna get you some good hours out there.
Speaker 4: I know it's wedding man, man, I mean with all this this thing, man, I mean that, I mean, he's not my picking cotton and bare feet and ten thousand hour.
Speaker 6: Man, I don't, you're gonna don't forget. I do need you singing. It's gonna be a Do you know any Negro spirituals?
Speaker 4: No, I don't, and I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think. Who's this again?
Speaker 6: Like I said, I'm Daniel. I wanted the employees here. I work at employment agency. You know, I pulled up your file and saw how long you've been out of work, and you know, I've got something that I think you'll be perfect for.
Speaker 4: Okay, but what I mean, what is this job really about? I mean, you talk, you're talking about picking cotton.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, basically, it's kind of like you're getting paid. You know, the ten bucks an hour, you're probably gonna get about ten hours in a day, so so you know you're gonna make a hundred bucks a day. It's it's a it's kind of like slavery, but it's not.
Speaker 4: It's hold up, hold up, brot, hold up, man. I didn't sign on for nothing like this. Man, I mean, I'm thinking you guys are supposed to be helping me with a up today job. I mean, slavery don't even exist no more.
Speaker 6: Man, I mean I mean, we are going to pay you, you understand, but we do want you barefoot.
Speaker 4: You are telling me I gotta I gotta sing and walk barefooted picking cotton, singing some some slavery songs. Bro, I don't do anything like that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm voting tuesday. Man that slavery is a fool with man. Whatever are you talking about?
Speaker 6: I can't what did you say?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: I'm thinking that you guys are going to be finding me at a job.
Speaker 6: A job, job, definite job in regardless of how you like it. It's a job. Now. I need you to report one in the morning out in the field with no shoes and ready to see me.
Speaker 4: Man, I am not reporting, no damn weear at five o'clock in the morning at no damn field. Brother, I mean, I don't know why why you even calling me with this matter of fact matter of fact? You know what, Go ahead and send my dog because I'll go over there and talk to these people in the beginning, because y'all need to be reported.
Speaker 6: Like I said, five o'clock in the morning. Report you know, if you can wear your shoes. Man, listen, fuck fuck listen to me.
Speaker 4: No not my name ain't buck as matter of fact? What's your name? Because you know what. I will be at the tomorrow just to meet your because this don't make no sense. Man, you calling my phone talking about some slavery work. Man, you must be out of your mind talking to.
Speaker 6: Are you looking for work? Are you not looking for work?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: I'm not looking for that kind of work, dude. I mean you calling my phone telling me about some slaves work.
Speaker 6: It's work though, you get matter of fact?
Speaker 4: What what is your name? What is your name?
Speaker 6: Daniel?
Speaker 4: You can kiss my okay.
Speaker 6: I don't want to go back, and I'm not doing no.
Speaker 4: Type like that matter. You can lose all my information.
Speaker 6: You're gonna get your black I mean, hang on, you're gonna get your butt out there and you're gonna do with you.
Speaker 4: You just get my black. Well, you know what. I will be there putting my down.
Speaker 6: Can I can I say one more thing? What the what the else you gotta say?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: You just said a mouth full already.
Speaker 6: I gotta say this. This is Nephew tom Me from Steve Harby morning. Sure your wife Katrin have gotten me to break phone call you? What the who.
Speaker 3: Will you?
Speaker 6: This is nephew Timmy man from the Steve Harvey Morning This.
Speaker 4: I believe she could do something like that, man, And you know I'm looking for Yoah man, I bet you won't be saying that when the bills come in next month. Hey man, I'm five for it, eight one hundred and fifty pounds. But when I'm ready to get in your get all in your I mean, and she know that, she know that. I mean, I'm gonna get high. Oh man.
Speaker 6: I got one more thing I gotta ask you, man, what is what is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 4: Oh man, The Steve Harvey Morning.
Speaker 5: Show lit a't never hurt nobody?
Speaker 1: All right, nephew, thank you.
Speaker 10: Coming up next, it is asked the CLO, our chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey.
Speaker 1: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 10: Time now for us the c l oh, the chief love opposite of the Cloe, as a nephew calls him, you ready, Clo Stavid?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 10: This one is from Marcus, an iHeartRadio app listener. Marcus says, I've been married for four years, but I think my wife had sex with a guy from my gym. I was working out one morning and there were only two other people in the gym. One of the guys came over and said he recognized me from a picture on social media.
Speaker 1: He asked if I knew a guy named Bo. I told him that Bo is a relative.
Speaker 10: He said he messed around with Bo's sister a few months ago, but he hasn't seen or.
Speaker 1: Talked to Bo lately. Well, Bo's sister is my wife.
Speaker 10: My wife denied everything, and Bo wouldn't confirm or deny what I need answers.
Speaker 1: So how should I handle this? Clo woo?
Speaker 7: Well, you could just pull in with ass whoop it, stop it. Dotta get somebody to talk it.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, hold on, man, hold what wait a minute?
Speaker 5: What you doing?
Speaker 2: So Shirley explain it to me again?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 10: So he was at the gym working out one one morning. There were only two other people in the gym. One of the guys came over and said he recognized him from a picture on social media.
Speaker 2: He recognized Marcus.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, yes, okay. He asked if I knew a guy named Bo. I told him that Bo is a relative. He said he messed around with Bo's sister a few months ago, but he hasn't seen or talked to Bo lately. Well, Bo's sister is my wife. My wife denied everything. Bo wouldn't confirm or deny what happened, and I need answers.
Speaker 2: He said, hold hold of dog.
Speaker 7: You let a dude come up to you in a gym with some social media mess to ask you, did you know a guy named Bo? Because he messed around with his sister and he ain't seen him in a while. So now the throwaway line is he messed around with Bo's sisters now that happens to be your wife. First of all, he could be lying, and number two, which I think he is, because ain't no way in the hell this dude would come up to a man's wife and make this statement if he thought it were true. So I would be very careful man, before you go at your wife with all this hocus pokers from this guy at the GM on social media.
Speaker 10: But what if what if the guy didn't know that Bo's sister was his wife? Well, I'm pretty sure he would he wouldn't know that.
Speaker 6: But what.
Speaker 7: First of all, if you just trying to meet both, why would you go up to a dude and go I used to mess with his sister.
Speaker 2: Now you're just trying to find both.
Speaker 7: Man, can we whoop his hands and apologize if it went wrong? See if you pull in on his ass. It's like what I said in the beginning, We're gonna get your truth a lot quicker exactly, because all you got to do is just start whooping his ass because he said he slept with your wife, so you had a right to whoop somebody asked who come up to you and say that? And then we can get down to the bottom of the truth. We find out if he really know bold he trying to let you know he slept with your wife?
Speaker 2: What if that's what you're trying to let me know?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 2: And here's this ass woman.
Speaker 1: All right, we're moving on.
Speaker 10: Tanisha and Charlotte's yeah, bon nose Tanisha and Charlotte clo says I was free and fold.
Speaker 2: Why don't we do this?
Speaker 1: Why don't you just asked bowl Bog.
Speaker 7: He's supposed to be his cousin. Why don't you just go ask both did his boy sleep with his sister? And if he slept with him before y'all got married, dog, it.
Speaker 1: Might not be a problem few months ago. Okay, Well they've been married for four years.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, well else, I ass now, I only know how you didn't issue it at the gym? What wasn't number three people in there?
Speaker 1: Truth?
Speaker 2: All a lot?
Speaker 10: Yeah right, all right? Tanisha and Charlotte says. I was free and single, living my best life till a man came along and swept me off my feet. He's from a small town and he has very traditional ways, and I thought it was cute at first, but now it's weird. He has set bedtime and he expects me to go to bed at ten thirty every night too. Saturday night, I waited for him to drift off to sleep, and I woke him up with a little surprise under the covers. He pushed me away and said he needed sleep, and there's time and a place for everything. We're both only twenty eight, so why is he such a prude? Is this something that can be changed?
Speaker 2: What well he got on the schedule?
Speaker 7: You couldn't have an unhappy life now, yeah, right now, you couldn't have a very very unhappy answer life.
Speaker 2: There's a time and place for everything. When I was twenty eight, the time and place for sex was now.
Speaker 1: What's now? Right now?
Speaker 5: Always?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Every now, I don't give a damn when you bought it up.
Speaker 7: We could be fully dressed all the way out the dough for church and look at the start of.
Speaker 1: It in church.
Speaker 11: I would what yeah, yeah, yeah, this is boy right here, This is craziness. Yeah said thirty boy to go ahead, yeah, ten.
Speaker 1: Under the covers and just the two of you.
Speaker 3: What now?
Speaker 10: All right, we don't have time for another one, Steve, but if you have any.
Speaker 1: More advice for bo okay go or both's cousin.
Speaker 2: The dude at the Jimney. I asked.
Speaker 7: First of all, for either telling the truth that it was your wife, Yeah, lying on your wife, one.
Speaker 4: Of the two.
Speaker 10: Either the truth, Yeah, you think it was the truth. I think it was the truth, because he didn't. I mean, was he just being messy? Was he just being a messy dude?
Speaker 7: You can't take unless you was at the gym and the dude is big and buff and you a little scrowny, little pok ash.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But either way, I'm gonna pick up this ten pounds weight and we're gonna see how I stroke Your eye is.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's the one thing that ain't got no muscles, your eye.
Speaker 1: You're listening Morning Show. This is holiday phrases at the Christmas.
Speaker 2: Holiday phrases at the Christmas party.
Speaker 13: Well, I'm gonna go to these Christmas parties inside the friend's house or relatives house. Well, we're gonna just make the setting. We're gonna play some music for you. You're in a real Christmas party. And these are some of the phrases that you're here at your average black Christmas party.
Speaker 1: Key word black.
Speaker 4: I heard that.
Speaker 10: All right, here we go, and now we take you to every holiday Christmas gathering and we give you sounds of a black Christmas party.
Speaker 14: I don't know, Hey, can I can I get some of y'all to help me put an earl in the car?
Speaker 5: Somebody just.
Speaker 1: Well, I'd like to laugh too. So what did she say?
Speaker 3: That was?
Speaker 1: So anybody seeing my purse?
Speaker 10: It was right there on the kitchen table, right there.
Speaker 1: I put it right there.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'alla cares not that in my mama house.
Speaker 5: And y'all out of tarlet paper?
Speaker 2: Where y'all keep it from the whooper? I'm gonna need that prod hold up, don't go in there?
Speaker 1: So what so what the girl like girls?
Speaker 2: Tell me.
Speaker 1: What they got to do with you?
Speaker 5: Girls? You ain't saying nothing. We take all this outside.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, right now, that's real like that. I love y'all in all, but y'all me just stay out of my bedroom right there. No, it's not a weed. This is my real hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my real hair.
Speaker 7: Hey. Look, if I was young, I stay out there bathroom for about le forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he don't know. You'll know. I ain't know.
Speaker 6: It was out.
Speaker 5: The hell made this age. That's why I tell you I needed help to get him in.
Speaker 6: The cup.
Speaker 1: Went in heavy.
Speaker 5: I need.
Speaker 2: Breaking another ornament on that tree. We ain't gonna have nothing to hang on it next year.
Speaker 14: I know you ain't out there peeing in my mama backyard. Come on, man, come on, dog.
Speaker 2: Stop stop balling that Christmas pipe, balk. We're gonna use it next year.
Speaker 1: Oh she knew he was married. She knew he was married. Uh huh huh, that's him.
Speaker 2: Well went a white woman.
Speaker 1: It just sounds you here at a black Yes, I'll accept the charge. Tell me coming watch a person.
Speaker 14: They uh, they don't let him preach you a church. But he wanted to come over here and pray for thirty minutes. It's just too much right that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she had enough by.
Speaker 13: Hey, y'all, it's long distance from the prison.
Speaker 2: Everybody won't say yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, my next.
Speaker 2: Hey, Robert, what's up, y'all? What's up? What's up?
Speaker 5: Fair man?
Speaker 2: I wish I could be there with y'all.
Speaker 5: All over there, everybody.
Speaker 9: Past the floor?
Speaker 2: Right, everybody?
Speaker 5: What about me?
Speaker 4: That man?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: Let me talk to brinit Hey, Bernita, Uh, Robert on the phone. I ain't say nothbody you know, well, go ahead, just talk to you. I can't believe Samite that don't bring a damn thing. Take the most home.
Speaker 5: Look at me, were about to eat.
Speaker 6: The game is on.
Speaker 2: Hold on a good prayers, lads, this isn't gotten late.
Speaker 14: We probably gonna have to stay to night. I don't I don't know how that drive now you know claires don't like to drive at night. Why we can't eat to lands?
Speaker 2: Get here?
Speaker 9: Did y'all go in the living room and speak to his Birdie's in the hospital?
Speaker 2: Man, God's gonna walk right by.
Speaker 1: What y'all doing? A Hey, I'm here in the black crep. We're trying to get up break because the party.
Speaker 5: Oh no, we've been out to christ.
Speaker 2: House, Black house.
Speaker 14: Go out there and tell Davonte to to bring that walker back in here so mister Sill can get to the table.
Speaker 2: You mean, timmy, you ain't got no flat screens.
Speaker 7: Gives from from the hospital field, your grandmama from the hospital bench and turn them.
Speaker 2: Greens down, smell them in here. Hey, can anybody give me a jump? I'm trying to go to woods.
Speaker 1: Chansgiving and he worked.
Speaker 2: He get it.
Speaker 5: They get get paid double tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get that over time.
Speaker 1: Get that seals like my hand feel like, well, that's.
Speaker 2: How get out of here. Watch this game, y'all. Y'all, ay, y'all, TV be cutting off. We go to the house so I can see this day.
Speaker 4: You fool.
Speaker 1: You're talking.
Speaker 14: Somebody that took them down falling chaiirs. I know we had eight poling chails. No damn, who took that fall off the table?
Speaker 4: Just a fall?
Speaker 2: That's my fault.
Speaker 6: All right, we gotta go.
Speaker 10: You're listening hard morning show and it's time now for a round of would you rather? Would you rather spend New Year's Eve without your phone or without someone to kiss at midnight?
Speaker 2: Which was phone?
Speaker 5: He didn't had that phone?
Speaker 2: Yeah you had it?
Speaker 1: You got somebody, Uh I need to get it at twelve oh one. Now, yeah, in the new year. Wow, okay, Steve, you didn't answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need somebody. I don't care about that phone.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what long flights you know. I don't ask the flight attendant. Do you have WiFi?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Hell no, nobody call me?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Would you rather a real Christmas tree or an artificial one?
Speaker 2: Real trees? I love real tree?
Speaker 5: What about you, guys?
Speaker 9: I ain't never had no real tree in my life. Uh uh, I ain't even get them.
Speaker 1: Oh you always have faith faith. Oh yes, well they're pretty right.
Speaker 5: The decor.
Speaker 9: Made it feel like it was real.
Speaker 8: He said he bought it. It was real when he bought it. So definitely told me. Yeah't play that.
Speaker 4: But high high?
Speaker 2: Some fake tree? What is you looking at?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 2: You think that tree in your imagination?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 10: When your spouse is leaving the house, would you rather be kissed goodbye or left to sleep?
Speaker 1: Which one? When she's leaving?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: If I'm sleep, you want her to It's gonna do what you got to do. I kiss you.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't wake you.
Speaker 9: I'm not gonna say nothing. I recuse myself from this question.
Speaker 5: Trial.
Speaker 8: So I heard Steve said yesterday, I recuse myself. Yeah you rather, Oh yes I can.
Speaker 9: I'll her people listening. Oh no, I'm not gonna say what I'd rather do?
Speaker 1: No, you rather? It's just simple. Would you rather for her to let you sleep? Or I rather let me sleep?
Speaker 9: But she wakes me up every morning to kiss me when she going to work?
Speaker 3: For that?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 10: Would you rather know what you're gonna get for Christmas? Or would you rather be surprised?
Speaker 5: I'm not going to get a damn thing.
Speaker 1: Surprise, surprise, that's your surprise?
Speaker 5: May wake me up for that. Either you think I didn't know that bike was wrapped?
Speaker 2: Ask me what I won't so I don't be hurt?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, exactly.
Speaker 2: It's real simple. What I want?
Speaker 5: What do you want?
Speaker 6: What you want?
Speaker 2: We watch.
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 2: I want to watch?
Speaker 5: Different thought? Give no watch?
Speaker 7: Well, Margie know what to do though she ain't never missed. She did too much though sometimes I'll go ahead.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks guys, that's today's round of would you rather you're listening? Morning show?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 10: We promised to talk about holiday traditions, especially Christmas traditions, and while time honored holiday traditions are important, they've also evolved over the generations. Now, this is according to a survey, family activities and writing to Santa are still among the most popular holiday traditions. That is interesting, even though I've never written to Santa. Even though we live in a tech savvy world, three out of four parents say their children still hand write letters to Santa, as opposed to a more modern approach like email. And really, and what's the most popular family activity in twenty seventeen this year? Well, according to most households, it's decorating the Christmas tree as a family.
Speaker 1: Now that I like, I can, I can relate to that.
Speaker 2: Do this, we do that. Yeah.
Speaker 10: So let's so, Steve, we got to start with you here. What are the family traditions that your family keeps that you definitely.
Speaker 2: First of all, let me get this trae voodle.
Speaker 1: Your grandson ale, Noah and Rose.
Speaker 2: Grandchildren.
Speaker 7: I'm not telling them that Santa Claus is coming down the chimney. Okay, nay, Mom and Daddy might. But if they come over Papa's house, m hm, Papa bought all this. Okay, let's be straight about that. Give down here this yard and Propa, Papa paid. Okay, all the little figure hairs snow, I bought all that in here. I had that tree in the in the in the in the foyer that Papa bought that.
Speaker 10: So that's a new tradition really, because you weren't you brought up with thinking Santa Claus did it for a while when you were little.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so you're usually as young as your grandchildren are.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well you know my.
Speaker 7: Kids take their kids to see Santa Claus. Uh, yeah, they're thinking it's a Santa Claus. I'm just telling don't bring them over here.
Speaker 2: Why you gotta call so real with it right now? Well, no, Papa house all is paid for by the big ball.
Speaker 5: Har does you work?
Speaker 1: You want some credit?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the white man didn't bought nothing up in here. The bald head black man that's in that office down there at the front of the house.
Speaker 2: You going that dash Santa cl matter of fact, don't bring him up when you come in.
Speaker 7: Here, because he had none to do and everything on this side of the gate, Santa Claus had.
Speaker 5: Damn thing to do.
Speaker 1: Okay. So that's one. That's one that's me that you burst wide open.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: Secondly, if you tag up your toy on Christmas? You get your ass whooped on?
Speaker 1: Chris?
Speaker 5: What man? That it's a tradition.
Speaker 9: That tradition standards.
Speaker 4: Man, How I.
Speaker 2: Had this lay away and you just broke it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he opened it at five and it's broken.
Speaker 3: Ned.
Speaker 2: I had a nephew named Pogo. All did every toy he got.
Speaker 5: He took it apart.
Speaker 2: Wow, But then you know what he put it all back together. That's all he wanted to do.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's like girls, we used to take our dolls clothes off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right now.
Speaker 4: That's what you do.
Speaker 10: He's a mechanic right now because see yeah, so that was some good. But did he get in trouble for doing it when.
Speaker 5: He was a kid?
Speaker 7: Dog because my daddy sought the toy toe up? But he would ask though after the second year, is that toy we'll leave alone?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: He wasn't too mad, all right? What else? So so, no Santa, but whoopings? If you broke your toys? What else?
Speaker 10: These are some traditions, Steve, I want to hear some of junior staff. I know, sounds like he got his butt.
Speaker 5: Oh man. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: One tradition was you going to bed at seven on Christmas? Eve or Christmas Day on Christmas Eve. Oh, I could never sleep on Christmas Eve. I could never do that.
Speaker 9: Because Sannah was coming.
Speaker 1: Oh what said it?
Speaker 9: Don't show up till nine in the morning.
Speaker 1: We gotta go back to.
Speaker 2: B nine.
Speaker 5: That we'll running late at y'all go.
Speaker 9: Back in there and go back to Ben.
Speaker 2: He ain't made it here yet, y'all go in there and go.
Speaker 9: Back to Bee.
Speaker 1: Lien.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Coming up next, nephew's prank phone call right afterday he's a drinking all night You're listening.
Speaker 1: Morning show.
Speaker 10: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my strawberry letter for today, the subject I am emotionally drained. We'll get into that in just a few because right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 5: What you got for us?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: Your husband's prescription?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, the husband's you always for script with these people. We got to listen.
Speaker 5: Listen, listen, listen, Linda. Some people need a prescription. Okay, I'm just calling it. That's all I'm doing.
Speaker 14: I'm just calling it. And the man got ailment or something. So we got to get some get the man of medicine now let's husband's prescription.
Speaker 3: Come on, Hello, Hello, how you doing?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 3: Is uh pharmacy. My name is Brian on the tech here. Uh is mister? Is it Donovan? Donovan? Is he available? Now?
Speaker 4: What can I help you?
Speaker 3: Live? Well, he dropped his prescription off about an hour ago. I wanted to we wanted to call let you guys know that the prescription is ready. Prescription for wait, well, he he dropped off a prescription. I'm assuming he must have looked like the doctor just wrote this prescription today, so I'm assuming he seems like he would probably need this pretty soon. So I wanted to let you guys know it's ready.
Speaker 12: Okay, and what exactly did he get a prescription for him?
Speaker 3: It's a mock Sicilian, a maza cilian, a Mantracilian. We've got him at least fifteen tablets if he could take two tablets today. Brian, right, my name is Brian. Yes, I'm the technician here at the pharmacy.
Speaker 12: Okay, well let me okay, Donna, that's my husband. Let me make sure you have the right down of them, because well, let me can we check the birthdays? Are you allowed to do that with me?
Speaker 3: Definitely definitely, it's seventy four. Is that correct? Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 12: And so what exactly is a mon sicilian for Montasillian.
Speaker 3: Is an antibiotic man. So any type of small infections of some sort, diseases or whatever, is it pretty much cures it.
Speaker 12: So you're telling me this nasty then got something winning got it on my funst oft He want to seem the doctor ain't got a prescription under my interest. This tries and he want to got some you know what? You know what that Brian, I'm coming down there. I'll pick up the medicine. I'll get it and if people want that medicine, he'll check in with me at my counter. Because I got a check and he done wrote that his not cast. I'm gonna beat the hell out. He does not know, he does not even you know what we brought it under year.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, you're you're uh miss what?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: What can I call you about? Your first name? What's your name?
Speaker 12: No communist? That's fine, just communist, No communist?
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: H First of all, I want to apologize. I had no idea that you were not aware of the actual prescription that he's that we've just filed for him, you know, just just on a personal note. I'm just curious. Is there a possibility maybe maybe you could have given it to him?
Speaker 12: Brian Noble, you did you the lost so of my Now, first off, you don't call my phone. First off, no you. I'm glad you called my phone to tell me it's my interns.
Speaker 4: That's why.
Speaker 12: And then anyone excuse me given that, n are you going here? Don't you ever in your life call somebody's soul? And this is a courty caller. None of your business? What's going on in my okay, none of your business? You don't get out of my way. That ain't none of your business? And now nothing to answer you, no question. I've got something for ya. And he want to come home with STDs And you want to ask me if I gave him s CDs? Oh okay, was the manager? Let me speak to your managers, ma'am.
Speaker 3: I was just I was you know, I'm not trying to be unprofessional. I was just asking a personal question. I should not have asked you something like that, and I do apologize. Should we expect someone to pick up the description I just told you.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna be picking up up I'm a coming up. You know what, Bland, You'll know who I am because I got a couple of words for y'all, and I still want to speak to your manager. You did you were very unprofessional and I don't appreciate you coming at me. I'm going to eat you called me telling me he didn't gotten you a s CD, didn't ask me? Did I give it a help? And you all up and the play mountain.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not trying to get all in between your legs, ma'am. Apparently that's not the place to be considering you guys. Neil MAXI Zilla, you know, but.
Speaker 12: You getting in loss shop?
Speaker 3: He like?
Speaker 12: You know what, Brian, I still got some stock like a rough from the front and get when I'm gonna life from yo. You don't play games with me. You do not even know.
Speaker 4: You do not know me.
Speaker 12: You don't know who I am. You don't know who I know and what I got.
Speaker 4: I got something for y'all. What does this prescription?
Speaker 3: Ask?
Speaker 12: Because I know it's nothing want by a house? I know it's not what did he take his trife where?
Speaker 3: You asked? Because I'm on my way here, I'm uh uh would you like my managers here. Would you like to speak with him?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 12: Yeah, put the manager on. Put your manager on. I want to speak to him now.
Speaker 3: Ain't gonna say uh huh uh hello, Hello, Yes, you're the manager. This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harby Morning the Show. When you just got prayed by your husband, Donovan.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna share him and you what plays all? I mean he needs to be out looking for a job, saying worse than three months go play with me like that? Got my blood pless?
Speaker 3: You right?
Speaker 12: Oh no, I'm coming down and I'm still coming to get you.
Speaker 3: I'm not a baby. You can't come get me.
Speaker 12: I'm going to be glad.
Speaker 4: I love your show.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, oh.
Speaker 6: My my wife.
Speaker 3: Don't tolerate no cheating.
Speaker 12: You know, you know crazy? You ain't right, you w I got one.
Speaker 3: More thing to ask. You know, what is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the latest Steve Morning Show.
Speaker 5: Stupid enough? Wow? Huh?
Speaker 1: Always is that?
Speaker 5: Geniusly? Stupid enough?
Speaker 1: And all I can say that's say too much.
Speaker 2: You went too far.
Speaker 14: Apparently that's not the place to be since that ain't way I want to be there.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, Go hard in the Paine, baby, that's how you do it.
Speaker 14: You'm pain New York City, New York, New York, Big city of dreams.
Speaker 5: Get ready, baby.
Speaker 14: February to third, The Nephew was coming to the ny CEA, the City Winery. You heard what I said. Tickets are on sale right now. February third, Saturday night, New York City. If you can make it New York, you can make it anywhere. Tickets on sale right now, all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, it is a Strawberry letter. Subject is I am emotionally drained. We'll get into it right after this.
Speaker 10: You're listening Stave Hardy Morning Show. Time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more. Please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve BARBFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here. Ah, you hear that right now.
Speaker 1: You never know. It could be yours.
Speaker 5: It could be Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here. It is to straw every.
Speaker 10: Letter, subject I am emotionally drained. Just Stephen Shureley. I'm a forty two year old single mother of a son that is twenty years old. My son's girlfriend just had a baby that is fair skinned, and they both are chocolate. The girl is twenty one and a dancer at a bar across town. She says she's not a stripper, but that's all she says. My son is afraid to ask the girl for a paternity test, so I did. When my son went to visit the baby, she jumped on him and then called me and said, if I keep putting my son up to this foolishness, I would be next. I called her mother, who happens to go to church with me, and I told her that her daughter is disrespectful. She was not happy about the phone call and asked if we could talk in person, so I invited her over. She pulled up and ran up to my door and yelled for me to come outside. She jumped on me when I got in the front yard. I'm not a fighter, so we rolled around in the yard while I kept begging her to stop pulling my hair. My neighbor broke us up and I ran in. I called my son and he called his girlfriend on a three way and she said that I deserved to be beat up. I reported the incident to the police, and they wouldn't come out to do a report because it was between my son and his girlfriend. I just don't want my son to be caught up with a baby that isn't his. I told my son that we'll just get the baby one day and do a paternity test ourselves. Now it's like my son is turning against me and telling me to stay out of his business.
Speaker 2: I got beat up for him, and this.
Speaker 1: Is how he repays me.
Speaker 10: It's emotionally draining, and I only want what's best for him. Now he's planning to move in with this abusive woman and ruin his life. Am I supposed to step aside and let this girl and her mother make a fool out of my son? What can I do to shake some sense into him? Well, I don't know that there's anything you can do. You know, much more than what you've been doing right now, you know, unless you bring his dad into it or something. But you already said you're a single mother of this son. I know as a mom this is hard, and it's going to continue to be hard to watch your son get sucked in like this, but that's exactly what you're going to have to do. Step aside. You've tried everything, You've tried everything else. Nothing has worked for you. So unless you want to get another beat down from his crazy girlfriend and like you say, her and her mother make a fool out of you and all of that, you're going to have to do just what they say.
Speaker 1: Mind your own business.
Speaker 10: At this point, we know you love your son and you only want the best for him, that's quite obvious.
Speaker 1: But right now the stripper is his world.
Speaker 10: He's sprung, he's whipped all of the above, and he's trying not to hear anything you his mom have to say. And as much as this hurts, sometimes you just have to let go and let people learn their lessons themselves, because he's not listening right now to you. He's not listening to what you have to say. Experience is always the best teacher. Later on, if he finds out that the baby's not his and he's being played by this girl, I mean, so we don't even know that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, he he might still want to be with her, you know, that's the other thing.
Speaker 10: He might still want to be with her and help her raise the child, and yes, you could get the baby and get the paternity test on your own. You could do all of that, but you might lose your son and the process. But you've lost him already to this girl for right now anyway. So yeah, mom, I think you've done all you can. And your son didn't even defend you when his girlfriend beat you up, and that's really messed up.
Speaker 7: See, well, I read a different letter, seems like so. I guess I always see some ignans. So so I have a couple of questions. Nah, she's he mostly drained. It's a forty two year old single mother's son is twenty. Your son's girlfriend just had a baby that's fast skin, and they both ought you chak. Now, listen, we all know that, you know, through the chromosomes and all that stuff, that you can skip a generation and look like a grandmother or on or something and different colors. But we got to look into this though, two chocolate people having a light skinned baby.
Speaker 2: We need to look into this. I understand the girl is twenty one and a huh you don't add up on? I know, we got to look into it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: This girl is twenty one and a dancer at a bar across town. She says she's not a stripper. Let's discuss this for a minute.
Speaker 7: If you're a dancer at a bar, I think they stopped go go dancing a long time ago.
Speaker 2: You know where you be up in a cage on the end of the bar. I think they stopped at a long time ago.
Speaker 7: So if you're a dancer at a bar in today's society, you I said, take your clothes off, because I ain't go go boots. I ain't seen him in stores no more with the mini skirts, So I'm pretty show you a stripper. My son is afraid to ask this girl for a paternity test, so I did. Then, when your son went to visit the baby, she jumped on him and then called me and said, I keep putting my son up to this foolishness. I would be next. Okay, so she jumped on it. Okay, she's abusive. I called her mother and to hit a good part, I called his mother, who happened to go to church with me, and I told her that her daughter is disrespectful. Now see, listen to me. This is why I have a question, because it could go two ways. After he called the lady, she called the lady to go to church with her and told her that her.
Speaker 2: Daughter is disrespectful.
Speaker 7: She was not happy about the phone call and asked if we can talk in person, so I invited her over. Now I'm thinking right here, she's talking about the girl's mother.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 7: That she was talking about the girl's mother. She called on the phone and talked to him person. So when I come back, I'm gonna tell you what I think happened.
Speaker 10: All right, we'll have part two of Steve's response coming up twenty three minutes after Strawberry letter, subject I am emotionally drained. We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening hard Morning show. All right, Come on, Steve, let's.
Speaker 10: Recap today's Strawberry letter, the subject I am emotionally drained.
Speaker 7: All right, we got a forty two year old ladies, got a twenty year old son that's dating a stripper who says she's not a stripple, she's a dancer at a ball. I don't know who keep their clothes on anymore these days? Why they dancing in bars? But hell, most of the women that go to balls is halfnked when they get there.
Speaker 2: So I already know.
Speaker 7: If you are dancer, you got to be stripping anyway. She says, she's not a stripper. Son is afraid to ask. They had a life and both of them child. Your son afraid to ask her the paternity test. So you asked the girl for a paternity test. When your son went over there to pick up the baby, the girl jumped on him and said, couldn't letting your mama put stuff like this in your head, And then told the mama, if you keep interfeit.
Speaker 2: In my business, you're gonna be next.
Speaker 7: So the lady who's forty two called her mother, the stripper's mama, who happens to go to church with me, and I told her that her daughter's disrespectful. She was not happy about the phone call and asked if we can talk in person.
Speaker 2: So I invited her over.
Speaker 7: Now right here, I'm thinking this is all she's talking to the stripper's mother.
Speaker 2: She pulled up, ran to my door and yelled for me to come outside.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 2: If this is not the mother, if this is the stripper, then we're dealing with the people.
Speaker 7: That person that don't know how to tell stories, because we have some information that's confusing.
Speaker 5: No I think.
Speaker 7: See, I'm thinking she's talking about the girl's mother according to this letter so far, but then later on she changes and it makes it sound like it was a little girl that jumped on her. So I'm confused about the lady writing a letter anyway, That's all I'm saying. So when she came, she told you to yelling for you to come outside. She jumped on me when I got in the front yard. Now I'm not a fighter, so we rolled around in the yard. Well, I kept begging her to stop pulling my hair. Now, let me teach you something, man. Begging is not a good fight technique. It usually does not work out for the begar because it empowers the person that's issueing the ass whipping. So it's best not to empower then with please please stop you kicking me. You whipping my ass too good? This is about this is not what I do. I'm not a fighter. So it makes them go harder because they, oh, yeah, I'm not in the hands I know. So I would just suggest that next time you get in the fight.
Speaker 2: Please do not beg. It don't look good. It ain't no need to beg. An ant take the ass whoop.
Speaker 1: One of the other picks one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you.
Speaker 7: Get your ass whoop and stop this begging quietly, not finn do this to be shame me and bass me and believe me, and be sure to be while you beating my asss just make it look like you trying. She got here too. She grabbing your hair, you grab her hair. Anyway, my neighbor broke us up and I ran inside. I called my son and he called his girlfriend on the threeway and she said that I deserve to be beat up.
Speaker 2: See I'm thinking when she ran in the.
Speaker 7: House and called her son, he called his girlfriend on the three way and she said I deserve to be beat up, which made me think it was the girl's mama that was.
Speaker 2: In the yard fight the whole time. Because we ran in the house and got the.
Speaker 7: Girl on the three way, the girl would have been in the yard still fighting the mama.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 2: So I reported the incident to the police, and.
Speaker 7: They wouldn't come out to do a report because of between my son and his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: This is another piece of important information.
Speaker 7: Anytime you call the police and they don't come out to handle a domestic dispute that was a fight.
Speaker 2: You must live deep, deep, deep, in the hood.
Speaker 7: Because police have to come out to investigate any domestic violence, especially if neighbors involved breaking up fight.
Speaker 2: So now we already know the police ain't coming. That's a hood, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: And then she says, and they wouldn't come out because of between my son and his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I just don't want son to be caught up with a baby that isn't his. I understand that. I told my son.
Speaker 7: Would just get the baby one day and do the paternity test ourselves. Now it's like my son is turning against me and telling me to stay out.
Speaker 2: Of his business.
Speaker 7: Well you should. I got beat up for him, and this is how he repays me. No, you got beat up because you went out the house. See when people call you out, you said you're not a fighter. See when people drive up to your house and say come outside.
Speaker 2: Come out here, No, no, meet me in the front them. It's fighting words. Why did you take your non fighting ass out there?
Speaker 1: She would never think that the girl would jump on.
Speaker 7: Her set with girl mama that go to her church, whooped her ass. Shirley stops saying the girl that's what I got. Now he's planning to move in with this abusive woman and ruin his life. Am I supposed to step aside and let this girl and her mother make a fool out of myself? What can I do to shake something?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 7: First of all, to me explain some t. This is not going to ruin your son's life. This is a lesson that both of you. You're gonna have to let him learn. Like Shirley said, the best lesson is a bout lesson. You're gonna let him have to buy this way, let him go move in with the girl. You be a loving grandmother. When the baby come over, swab the baby mouth, put the swab in a plastic bag and get a damn DNA test.
Speaker 2: Then when the result come back, don't say nothing, kill sir.
Speaker 3: Just leave.
Speaker 2: Get copies of it and post it on Facebook. Let the church many may man, Thank you for calling.
Speaker 10: Thank you Steve on Today's Strawberry Letter. Steve Harve FM on Instagram and Facebook. Check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on demand.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show? All right, Come on, Steve introduc your your your best friend. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Is j Anthony Brown just got here?
Speaker 13: No, no, no, no no, You're going to do better than that. We've been friends for way too long. Put some put some sauce in that. Put some sauce on my name, some sauce on my na.
Speaker 7: Thank you without further ado, the living myth and legend that damn Jay Anthony the Brown.
Speaker 13: Okay, can we just run that every week because I know I'm not gonna be able to get you to say again, Okay, yeah, say that because I said, Dave marked that and save that. Okay, because all right here we go. What's in the mind of yours truly, j Anthony Brown?
Speaker 1: It is the holidays.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to the grandparents.
Speaker 13: I'm talking to the aunts, the uncles, the aunties, the older people who are buying gifts for these kids, probably the very first time.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 13: A lot of us will give cash. That's cool, and a lot of us don't know what to buy. I don't know what to buy, but I know.
Speaker 2: What not to buy.
Speaker 13: I know what You shouldn't try to give a child because they ain't gonna want it. If your ass is wrapping up a yo yo right now?
Speaker 1: Stop what should do it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Stop it?
Speaker 13: Don't nobody stop it. Don't nobody want to damn yo yo? Okay, nobody wants that. If you went out and purchased a hula hoop with good intentions, a hula hoop, they don't know what the hell it is as soon as you wrap that damn thing up.
Speaker 2: And they don't want it.
Speaker 13: Okay, you can keep all these old ass board games, sorry, Monopoly operation. Don't nobody want them damn games. Okay, think about it. When the last time yo ass played Monopoly, you ain't played a long damn time. Why would you give it to the child and hear something very important? Don't make a damn thing, don't make any And you're knitting knit one pro two knit one pro two knit one.
Speaker 1: Stop knitting.
Speaker 2: Don't nobody want them?
Speaker 1: Thick ass the mittons.
Speaker 13: Don't nobody with that thick ass sweater and that stop running neck and you get a cramp in your damn neck. Don't nobody want that? Stop knitting, Stop right now. Don't bake a damn thing to send those things. Don't hold up in the mill. And last, but not leave. If you're building a dollhouse, damn.
Speaker 2: It, stop it.
Speaker 3: You stop right now.
Speaker 2: You build a seven hundred pounds doll house, you ain't got no floors in it.
Speaker 6: The ceiling is like so high.
Speaker 13: All you got is stuff down on the bottom, the windows away at the top. Don't no child want that? Stop building. Okay, these are my holiday tips. Don't build a damn thing.
Speaker 5: He's just a doghouse.
Speaker 2: That's what you're building, a damn doghouse. I'm done. I'm finished, all.
Speaker 10: Right, thank you, Jay, Merry Christmas. You're listening Hard Morning Show Rich on Facebook, Steve Hey, Steve. About two years ago, my mom passed away and that was devastating for all of us. Now, however, it sure looks like my pops has bounced back as of late. He's been out and about with a way younger, fine woman that can't be more than twenty five years old at the age of sixty eight. I can't blame my pops for shooting his shot and scoring, and he's done pretty well taking care of his money. All that said, Pop said he's bringing over his new boot for Christmas. Now, my sisters are not happy about her, and they said she is going to blank around and find out.
Speaker 1: But I just want to keep you.
Speaker 10: But I just want to keep the peace for Christmas. And oh what gift should I give her?
Speaker 2: Well, probably need to get a helmet.
Speaker 14: Because the sister this big daddy proud though, now don't hurt daddy finnis.
Speaker 7: Well, don't care the girls. First of all, two problems here you ain't they mama? And number two, why do you want our daddy and you younger than us?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 7: Sact they probably gonna be about the same age because you know he's forty.
Speaker 2: Three years older, so chances are these kids is older than her.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The girl, she gonna feel.
Speaker 14: The raft man, yeah, all the people his age is sick. Yeah, he wants something.
Speaker 1: And what does she want with him?
Speaker 2: His money?
Speaker 7: M m yeah, because he's even have done good by hisself and you know he probably kept himself in shape, and you know he gonna bring the girl buy for Christmas. Ain't nothing y'all can do about it.
Speaker 5: They just gotta be yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you're gonna mess up your relationship with your father because you're gonna make him have to pick between y'all and he gonna go with this young girl.
Speaker 2: Now m h ooh, all you got do his treat a pleasant? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just be kind.
Speaker 2: You do look like if you want to get a gift, get us some get up.
Speaker 6: What kind of.
Speaker 5: Well it's just.
Speaker 7: Wonder woman. You don't get us some character. Give us some sneakers with some lights on them. All right, some fresh notebooks?
Speaker 10: I think we might have time for one more. My parents always encouraged me to work hard for what I wanted. Over the weekend, my sister and I were talking about Christmas plans and talking about tightened budgets for the holidays when she blurted out, thank god Mom and Dad took care of school for me. I was like, what, While, I'm not hurting finance and am happy where I am in life, but but come on, I worked my behind off to go to college, got loans and and finally close to paying them off, and my parents just paid for my sister's college education. I'm mad about this, So, Uncle Steve, I can't decide if it makes me angry or hurts my feelings more.
Speaker 1: Do I bring it up?
Speaker 7: No, you don't have to bring it up. Your parents knew that your sister wasn't you. If your parents treated all their children equally and the same, your sister probably wouldn't even be in college because your sister don't have the same makeup that you have, and they recognize that, And so they're paying for it. You know, just understand and thank God that you are who you are, and don't and don't and don't and and don't get mad because your blessing is you. You had the skill set in the mindset to do it. Now you're gonna block your blessing by Hayden because she got because because they paid for her.
Speaker 2: What so mm hmm, she is not you and that's recognized it.
Speaker 1: They both have a college education. Yeah, that's the blessing too.
Speaker 7: You know, you almost got these loans paid off and you did it yourself. That's an accompanient. So instead of being mad at your parents, be proud of yourself. Thank God Daddy brought you through. Wow, so amazing how people block the blessing by looking at Instead of looking at what you have, you focus on what you don't have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good point.
Speaker 1: All right, great advice. Thank you, So don't bring it up. Please.
Speaker 10: Coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, so you know winter weather.
Speaker 5: Is here, it's here, and that one baby, you better say that, go ahead, sure, but it.
Speaker 10: Can leave your nose a little red, you know, if you have the sniffles or a cough or whatever, you know, a little red like Rudolph. But guess what Puffs lotion provides soothing relief instead. How about that Puffs has lotion to help soothe your blows and pillowy softness. I love that pillowy softness to help rescue your nose.
Speaker 1: So when cold and.
Speaker 10: Flu season give your nose the blues, make sure you reach for Puffs Plus Lotion tissues, okay, because the nose and need deserves Puffs. Indeed, it is sponsored by Puffs plus Lotion Tissue. I know.
Speaker 1: I like that pillowy softness. Yeah, it's so soft on your nose. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Can I put it on my elbows to like if they ask you that I do.
Speaker 1: Your elbows get cold and blues?
Speaker 6: Hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But you know what else is good to allergy? Geez allergies not just winter allergy. So huh that's a good look. Thank you? Yeah, Hills, all right, thank you guys.
Speaker 5: I'm a pillow type.
Speaker 1: Of person, softness type of guy. Yeah, all right, coming up next, we'll play around it. Would you rather right after this? You're listening hard morning show, and it's time now for a rounded. Would you rather?
Speaker 10: Would you rather spend New Year's Eve without your phone or without someone to kiss?
Speaker 1: At midnight?
Speaker 2: Which one phone?
Speaker 5: Had a phone?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What had you got somebody?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: I need to get it at twelve oh one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the New Year. See you didn't answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need somebody. Don't care about that.
Speaker 1: That's so sweet.
Speaker 7: That's what when you're in long flights, you know, I don't ask the flight attendant do you have Wi Fi?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Hell no? Nobody called me?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Would you rather a real Christmas tree or an artificial one?
Speaker 5: Real tree?
Speaker 2: I love real tree?
Speaker 1: What about you, guys Jr?
Speaker 9: I ain't never had no real tree in my life. I ain't get them.
Speaker 5: Oh you always have fake?
Speaker 1: Yes, but they're pretty right.
Speaker 8: Made it feel like it was real. He said he bought it. It was real when he bought it, so definitely told me. Yeah, I didn't play that, but high.
Speaker 2: High some fake tree? What is you looking at?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You think that tree in your imagination?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 10: When you your spouse is leaving the house, would you rather be kissed goodbye or left to sleep?
Speaker 1: Which one? When she's leaving?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: If I'm sleep you want her to. It's gonna do what you got to do. I kiss you.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't wake you with me.
Speaker 9: I'm not gonna say nothing. I recuse myself from this question.
Speaker 4: Trial.
Speaker 9: So I heard Steve said yesterday. I recuse myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what you rather?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yes, I can I help people listening? Oh no, I'm not gonna say what I'd rather do?
Speaker 1: No, you rather? It's just simple. Would you rather for her to let you sleep? Or I rather let me sleep?
Speaker 9: But she wakes me up every morning? Kiss me when she's going to work?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 10: Would you rather know what you're gonna get for Christmas? Or would you rather be surprised.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna get a damn pint.
Speaker 1: Surprise surprise, that's your surprise.
Speaker 5: I don't wake me up for that either.
Speaker 2: You think I didn't know that bike was wrapped? Ask me what I want so I don't be hurt? Yeah, exactly, it's real simple. What I want?
Speaker 5: What do you want? What you want?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Watch you all?
Speaker 7: I want your watch different though, don't give me no watch. Well, Margie know what to do, though she ain't never missed. She do too much stuff.
Speaker 10: Sometimes I'll be ahead, all right, Thanks, guys. That's today's rounded. Would you rather coming up in forty nine minutes after? It's our last break and we'll close out the show with the one and only Steve Harvey right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, here we are, guys, last break of the day on this Tuesday. Steve, you have some closing remarks.
Speaker 6: I know you do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 7: I want to remind everybody of something that God created us all for greatness. All of us were created in his likeness. All of us were created to be an example of what God can do in people's lives.
Speaker 2: We were all created for this.
Speaker 7: What happens along the way is we make decisions because God gave us the power of choice, we make decisions that people as people that counter act what God really intended for us.
Speaker 2: And one of the reasons we counteract.
Speaker 7: What God intended for us is because the devil's main job the opposition is to not allow you to reach your potential. See, the devil don't ever want you to reach your potential, because then he'll have another child of God out there spreading the word and showing off and be an example of what light can do and what love can do, and what the power of prayer can do. So his job to make each and every one of us fall by the wayside. That's his constant mission in life. To make us think we're not worthy, to make us think we can't, to make us think it ain't possible, to make us look at our environment, to make us feel like, well, it's because I'm this, I.
Speaker 2: Can't be that. Ain't none of that true? None of that is true.
Speaker 7: I bought a book the other day by Joel Oldstein because I was listening to him over the weekend and he since this.
Speaker 2: He was talking about his new book called Next Level Thinking, and I bought the book.
Speaker 7: And because I constantly try to reinforce myself. As successful as you may think I am, I still have a ways to go and I will always try to improve myself. And people like Joel Olstein, Bishop Jake's, Bishop Almah, Bishop Getty's down there in North Carolina. My boy, you know, it's a lot Charles Jenkins up in Chicago. It's a lot of dudes. Man that called me to make sure I'm okay. Check in on me, Tyler, check in on me, Doctor Phil, check in on me. I got a lot of people check in on me, man, make sure I'm okay. I was reading his book because it's just I just needed some more information. And one of the things I had learned from his book in the first chapter, the title of his chapter is be a barrier Breaker. Be a barrier Breaker, And throughout the book it just talks about your surroundings, your environment. That because you're from a family where ain't nobody never made it out, don't mean that you have to not be one of them, that you have to be one of those and not make it out. Because you come from a hood that don't have a whole lot of millionaires made from that hood. That don't mean that you can't be a barrier breaker and be one of the millionaires from the hood. Just because nobody on your block ever went to college, don't mean you be the first world. Maybe nobody in your family ever went to school, you're the first world.
Speaker 5: Maybe nobody in.
Speaker 7: Your family ever became a supervisor at a post office or the FedEx or UPS or anyplace else. Don't mean that you can't You can become a barrier breaker. But see what a lot of us do is we get so immersed in our environment that we adapt to our environment, and we must we act like this is it?
Speaker 2: Well, if God had wanted me to be rich, I'd have been born rich.
Speaker 5: What what did you say?
Speaker 7: I heard of God say that if God had wanted me to be rich, I would have been born rich. So let me ask you something, brother, all these people that have gone from poverty to richest, what was their excuse or what mindset that they use to become a barrier breaker, to break the barrier of poverty to become well off. I chose to be a barrier breaker. I knew what my family was. I loved my family dearly and still do. But what my family had I didn't want. As much as I loved my mother.
Speaker 1: And father, what my father was and how hard I saw him.
Speaker 7: Work, I didn't want that. I wanted something else. Now, do I appreciate the work after Keith put in me? Most certainly do that I appreciate the faith and the fear of God that my mama put in me, or I most certainly do. But I didn't want to be the one sitting at the church on the usher board. I didn't want that. I didn't want to work as hard as my father and make the same money as my father. I wanted to something else. I wanted to be a barrier breaker. A barrier breaker. And one of the things he talked about in the book is that so often we let our environment and how we were raised and other people's expectation of us set limits in our life. He was saying that we adapt to what's around us. So what he said in the book I wanted to share with you all.
Speaker 2: In the book, he.
Speaker 7: Said that if you take an oak tree seed, the seed of an oak tree, and you plant this seed from this oak tree in a two foot pot, that oak tree will never become what it.
Speaker 2: Was created to be if you leave it in that pot, not because there's.
Speaker 7: Something wrong with the seed, but because of the environment is in. Did you hear what I just said. There is nothing wrong with you. The problem is your environment. If you stay in the environment, you'll never grow. But you can choose to become a barrier breaker and get out of any environment that you in. You can escape poverty, you can escape the hood, you can escape bad thinking people, you can escape the dope game.
Speaker 2: You can become non addicted to drugs.
Speaker 7: You can stop being an alcoholic, you can stop with God's help.
Speaker 2: If you take an.
Speaker 7: Oak tree seed and you plant it in a two foot pot, that tree will never become what it was created to be if you leave it in the pot, not because there's something wrong with the seed, but because of the environment is in. You got to change your environment. You fine, you got to see you got everything you need to grow?
Speaker 5: You did?
Speaker 2: Those are my closing room.
Speaker 1: Drop it, baby, drop it.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, get out that environment.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 10: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void were prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.