Speaker 1: Alexis.
Speaker 2: If you heard of this new TikTok challenge is it is crazy cool?
Speaker 1: You have to try it?
Speaker 2: Okay, So what you do is you listen to Brook and Jeffrey on podcasts.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, and then you go to Brook and.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey dot com and you buy clothes from merch for the cause for charity.
Speaker 1: You But I do like it.
Speaker 3: I do like it.
Speaker 1: It's a crazy challenge.
Speaker 2: You should try it right now listening, go to Brick and Jeffrey dot com.
Speaker 1: Buy some merch for a good cause.
Speaker 2: Of course, after the podcast, which is starting right now.
Speaker 1: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and we cover a lot of dating stuff on your show. So who do you think lies more on their dating profiles? Men or women?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: You think men?
Speaker 1: Looking the room, I know the women here liing more. But in general I'm asking what are you saying? And a new survey forty people admit to stretching the truth on their profile.
Speaker 3: Okay, and it's.
Speaker 1: More common among men.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the is a lie every time.
Speaker 6: Well probably the age too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I say I'm an athlete because I did play j a year in high school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't like that. Great cabs anyway, I really do.
Speaker 1: But you'd think the number one most common thing people lie about would be their age, but actually no, they found the number one lie people tell is their current hairstyle. Sixty one percent of people admit they've done that.
Speaker 3: They use like an old photo or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or a misleading profile photo like for a guy, could be them hiding their baldness underneath the hat. For the ladies, it could be how they actually dye their hair. Alexis, do you have a disclaimer on there for your locks of lies?
Speaker 6: I'm always blonde.
Speaker 3: This is all natural.
Speaker 1: You're lying to yourself at this point. The second most common lie people telling their profiles is their jobs.
Speaker 7: Oh, like they say I'm an entrepreneur instead of I'm unemployed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I travel for work.
Speaker 8: It's like.
Speaker 1: Every guy on Tinder is an entrepreneur and an Olympic gold medalist. Somehow, good for.
Speaker 3: Them, they don't have jos.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Let's move on to the shot collar question of the day. We're gonna send it over to Digital Jake to tell us one hundred percent truth. I'm sure in the shot collar question, what are we doing today?
Speaker 9: Well, the people in this room already know this, but for our listeners who may not be familiar, I am the show's foremost expert on women.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Really, but your hair looks so nice today.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 9: In my lifetime, I've been with countless human lasses. I know all their tricks, their riddles, and even their weaknesses.
Speaker 7: We're like trolls under the bridge, and we don't answer, don't move on to.
Speaker 3: The next day.
Speaker 1: And here's a hot tip about ladies. I'll give you free.
Speaker 9: Women absolutely love getting gifts.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: I think people love getting gifts.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the troll.
Speaker 9: And a new survey asked a thousand people to name a gift that most women would be thrilled to get for Christmas. I could easily answer this off the top of my head, I'm sure, But instead I'm gonna have you four guess them. In another holiday edition of Unglued Family Feud.
Speaker 8: I feel like.
Speaker 5: Anyone with a partner needs to make sure that they're listening right now.
Speaker 9: We'll start with the guy who discreetly hung missiletoe above the urinals in the men's bathroom. Jeffrey, name a gift that most women would be thrilled to get for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Well, Okay. I'm looking around the room here. It's kind of a grizzly this morning. I don't want to say makeup because that's just that's not okay.
Speaker 3: So with the gym membership, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Gonna go with the safe guests here and go with appliances. Women love their appliances, air fryers, dishwashers, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Women love anything in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: You're telling me if I bought you like a Piomatic two thousand away, I think kitchen appliances. Jake, shut up and tell me I'm right, kitchen appliances.
Speaker 3: Nothing says Romeo like a vacuum.
Speaker 1: I said, kitchen over to Alexis.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking like a gift I would want.
Speaker 10: It's something that you could give me and then I don't have to do with you, you know, like you give me the gift and then I run.
Speaker 6: Like like a side.
Speaker 7: Yeah, to get my nails done would be amazing, cost so much.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna sum it up with just solid spotty.
Speaker 9: Jose name a gift that most women would be thrilled to get for Christmas?
Speaker 2: Well, I love giving gifts, and what I've learned lately is to play it safe. Would be gift cards, a restaurant's gift card. Because you may not want to go with me, but you may want to take another date. I will say, yeah, go take the guy that you don't tell me about.
Speaker 7: My husband took me shopping once for perfume because he didn't want to pick it out himself, and that was really fun.
Speaker 3: That was great.
Speaker 9: So I'm going to say, gift card, Jake, gift cards are not on the li're really bad.
Speaker 1: Let's go over to Brook.
Speaker 9: You're a woman.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, if you looked at the commercials, they give away so many cars on commercials for Christmas.
Speaker 3: Is going on?
Speaker 2: Brook is thinking bigger.
Speaker 3: Than show me a car.
Speaker 9: Show me I am most certainly will that's number two. Bigger something women would be thrilled to get closed.
Speaker 1: A car over to Jeffrey. Only Brook is safe so far, I want to go the opposite of what Alexis was saying. She said, like I want a Loane time. I think women actually enjoy a date night. Yeah, special date night, especial date night.
Speaker 9: It's going to be going to Alexis. I have four things on my list and anyone's yet to say.
Speaker 6: I like where Brook's going I'm going big.
Speaker 3: I'm singing a vacation. I want, like a surprise trip to somewhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go for it, Alexis vacation.
Speaker 9: Opportunity to put the women to shame and eliminate Alexis. If you nail these next two correct.
Speaker 2: Answers, Well, I'm going to go with a Brook mentioned first. It's stereotypical, but it's my kind of lady. Take my money and give her some jewelry.
Speaker 1: Jake, jewelry is number one on us.
Speaker 6: Being thrilled about that from a man.
Speaker 1: Jeffery to win. I'm trying to think of any more TV commercial stuff.
Speaker 5: What about designer clothes, like designer shoes?
Speaker 1: Thinking of that, like, what if you get her like a really nice dress or something. Person accessories like a designer bag.
Speaker 9: A designer handbag is not on the.
Speaker 1: Ax. Can you say it would be thrilled to get for Christmas?
Speaker 3: I mean I was.
Speaker 10: Thinking lingerie, but I'm gonna go more general and just say like nice clothes.
Speaker 9: Clothes is number five. Quickly, let's recap the top five. Jewelry was the number one gift one would be most thrilled to get for Christmas. Number two was a car. Number three cash. Number four also said in the room was perfume, and then Alexis got number five.
Speaker 1: Which was close.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh man, we know what you get the ladies in our life. Yeah, I preapologized to all the women in my life, and I'm about to give you severely disappointed He's I.
Speaker 4: Bought ten moms.
Speaker 11: It's the most wonderful time of the with the kids jingle belling and everyone telling you be of good cheese.
Speaker 1: It's the most wonderful time. Shock collar question of the day.
Speaker 8: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Brook you know what a Kentucky hug is? Right?
Speaker 7: I knew just by this music you were going to talk to you.
Speaker 1: You had a Kentucky hug at your family reunion.
Speaker 5: And what is that?
Speaker 1: You don't know what a Kentucky hug is?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, you not describe it on air, No.
Speaker 1: I can, Okay, I just thought you would know it. A Kentucky hug is the name for that warm feeling you get in your body after your first sip of bourbon. Oh okay, Well, Brooks Moore familiar with the Kentucky tug. That's the family reunion way. But for the holidays, whiskey maker Jim Beam has decided they want to turn that feeling of a Kentucky hug into an actual piece of clothing, and they're selling hug simulating pajamas.
Speaker 3: What does that mean.
Speaker 1: There's a picture of it. They look like normal red like flannel pjs, except there's a panel that fits around the neck and shoulders and when you activate it, it applies pressure to make it feel like you're getting a hug even though you're all alone.
Speaker 7: It looks like a plaid version of the inflatable device that the flight attendants.
Speaker 6: Talk about on a blade, right, and it goes.
Speaker 1: Around your and then you inflate it and it feels like you're getting a hug.
Speaker 7: It looks like it would feel like you're suffocating because it's just around your neck.
Speaker 1: Is a little quirky, sure, kind of sad. Probably it is a good last minute get for somebody who needs their pants to give them a hug at Christmas.
Speaker 2: I read a stat that the average person gets like six hugs a day. I'm like, I don't know, want I get zero every day?
Speaker 1: Jim Beam says, quote the holidays are best spent cozying up with friends and loved ones, but the reality is we can't always be together, and these pjs help foster that spirit of connection.
Speaker 3: Lonely, lonely group of humans.
Speaker 1: Aren't we forget about cuffing season? Who needs a partner when you've got flannel pants that can inappropriately squeeze you? Christmas?
Speaker 2: Imagine the battery goes out and you're like, great mind, No, my PJS won't even hurt you.
Speaker 1: Want to get some pj's that hug you. We've got Laser Stories coming up next. It's the radio segment that just got baptized in pumpkin spice holy water. That's why all the priests were licking it and no other reason than that. Laser Stories the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we have a laser and those other fail Marys just don't This first Laser Stories out of Knoxville, Tennessee. A woman looked out her window last week around eleven thirty am and some guy she didn't know was using a power outlet in her yard to charge his phone.
Speaker 12: That's random, it's really funny.
Speaker 1: She could only see his head because bushes were obstructing the rest, so she went outside to tell him to beat it, but unfortunately when she got out there, she saw him completely naked. Oh and he was literally beating it. Oh gosh, not that, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't like this story.
Speaker 1: This is in broad daylight too, people. So the woman ran back into the house, locked her doors and called it and when officers arrived, they found him lying on the ground with his pants still around his ankles and phone on fifteen percent battery.
Speaker 5: It's very accurate. Did they put that in the police report?
Speaker 1: They charged him with public indecency and yes, he did ask the judge if it was okay to charge his phone at that same house if he was clothed in the future. The answer was no.
Speaker 5: Just at this point you stay away from the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah this next laser stories out of stream work, make the dream work. If you've been around a kid lately that has an alexa, then you know what their favorite thing to ask for is a song about bodily functions.
Speaker 3: Oh my kids are all about it.
Speaker 1: It's true. Some of the most popular songs off Amazon are all about poop, diapers, butts, and dog feces.
Speaker 6: Oh my cool, my kids are the They like the farts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, One musician who wrote a song about it, says it's all started at his music school where he was teaching a songwriting session to four year olds. Yet he asked them to give him five syllables to start, and one girl screamed poopy stupid butt. And then the next ten minutes he spent writing the rest of that song.
Speaker 3: Dude, I like that he leaned into it.
Speaker 2: Good for him, and that is funny.
Speaker 1: She should be a comedian.
Speaker 6: Yeah, poopy stupid butt.
Speaker 1: He put it up on Amazon Music for his students to hear, but when he checked his account a week later, it had hundreds of dollars in it, all from people who bought poopy stupid butt.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a wicked morning character.
Speaker 1: Here stupid yep, here's a yeay spoopy stupid.
Speaker 4: But they goes sit in on the body, do it construction in the under way. He goes bombing, Nay, start playing it on the stage.
Speaker 1: I am so jealous because if you can believe this, that song has now been streamed over ten million times.
Speaker 3: That's a lot more money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thousands now. Another prolific kids songwriter, Matt Farley, has recorded over twenty three thousand songs for Amazon Music. His poop Poop, Poop Poop song by far most popular one. He estimates that's been streamed about eight million times.
Speaker 3: My god.
Speaker 1: Even the French song La chansons ducaca has over one million streams, suggesting children in France just yelled kaka at their Alex.
Speaker 3: The head in our house is farting around the house.
Speaker 13: That's the one that Yeah, by Alex's gonna have a lot of work to do when I get home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go to your next laser story out of the world of work. If you've got this skill on your resume, your time has finally come because a company in the nether Lens is looking for a part time employee. And there's one very important skill you have to have to land the gig. You must be able to puke on command. From the poop story into the puke story. This is It's a job at a clinic in Amsterdam that treats different types of phobias like fear of heights and fear of needles, but they also treat lesser known phobias like fear of vomiting.
Speaker 3: Wow, wait, so people.
Speaker 7: Are paying this clinic to go watch somebody vomit. Just go out with Alexis on a Saturday night.
Speaker 6: Pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The technical name for it is emidophobia, and according to their job description, if you can spew at will they want you to sit in on therapy sessions and help people face their fear and just let it rip right in front of the Oh.
Speaker 5: It's like a boring scene from the Exorcist.
Speaker 1: We assumed it was a temporary gig, but it sounds like it's semi permanent. They're only hiring because their last professional puker retired recently. He's been doing it for forty two years and he earned himself a nice pension.
Speaker 2: Damn, if you're a professional puker, do you ever call him sick?
Speaker 1: Literally, your job pretty much you get, you get a raise. If it sounds like that might be your dream job, you're weird.
Speaker 12: Yeah you are.
Speaker 1: You've also got some competition, because they say around one hundred people have already reached out saying they're interested. One guy even sent a recording on SoundCloud.
Speaker 6: Please don't play that.
Speaker 7: Please don't say we don't have that.
Speaker 1: We'll just get to your next laser story. Out of Survey World, a new poll found half the country thinks the other half is completely delusional. We're not talking about politics, we're talking chores. The survey looked at how much housework men and women in relationships are doing. Oh, I see, and the two sides don't seem to agree. Either women don't realize just how much guys are pitching in, or men think they're doing way more than they really are.
Speaker 7: What's your deal, weirdo, I'm gonna go with probably the second one is true already assuming unappreciative.
Speaker 1: Here's a few chores and how people in relationships said they're divvied up. Number one's laundry. Seventy seven percent of women say they do most of it. Just fifty five percent of men agree.
Speaker 3: My husband actually does our laundry.
Speaker 5: Whoa, but he doesn't fold it.
Speaker 2: Or put it away?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, because the washer's not very far from his at home desk.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the easy part. He does the laundry poorly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's halfway there.
Speaker 1: Number two budgeting and paying bills. Fifty one percent of women and fifty eight percent of men both think it's something they take the lead on each month.
Speaker 3: Somebody's not right, yo.
Speaker 1: Numbers that adds up to one hundred and nine percent, so something's off here. And number three he's child's care fi mom say they do the majority of it, but just thirty percent of dads agreed.
Speaker 3: Oh what really, they think they do the majority.
Speaker 1: They think they're doing a heavier lift when it comes to taking care of the kiddos. I just took him cream yesterday.
Speaker 3: I talked to him once this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's a few chores that were not so split on. Women tend to agree that men deal with taking out the trash and mowing the lawn more.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, men tend to agree that women do more of the cleaning in general. Sucks. I think men need to give women more credit and turtles need all the credit that they can get. Okay, in fact, he's mowing the lawn right now. Just hear what you want to hear. That's how means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time on Friday.
Speaker 8: Frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Think about all the magical memories that you've made with that special someone during the holiday season.
Speaker 6: It's okay, Jose, I've never known.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, like, Jose, don't cry Brook, don't cry. Yeah, let's just don't cry.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I'm good, always felt Okay.
Speaker 1: You know there's there's so many opportunities for romance during this time of the year. It's snuggling up by a fire, strolling together through the snow, going ski sipping hot cocoa, and baby burden the tiny marshmallows into each other's mouth, brook, don't cry, don't cry.
Speaker 3: Why are the.
Speaker 5: Small marshmallows texture?
Speaker 14: It's like.
Speaker 2: A bunch of small I love you, not just babybird love you?
Speaker 7: But no.
Speaker 1: One of our listeners had an unforgettable holiday date created some memories. It involved four random strangers popping out of the bushes in broad daylight. You know they wanted to help, but it just got weird. It isn't don't cry, don't cry? Okay, what happened? You're going to hear what happened when we do a special holiday edition of Battle of the Tender Days. That's coming up.
Speaker 8: One dating app then there's right. The question is whose love life is more tragic?
Speaker 1: It's Battle of the Dates. It's a special holiday edition of Battle.
Speaker 15: Of the Tender Days.
Speaker 1: Today we're going to be here in the least wonderful dates during the most wonderful time of the year. Well, what's playing the rules here in just a second. But first let's meet today's contestants. In this corner, she went viral last week when she posted a video of herself torking along to Silent Nights. Wow, that's how she became known as jingle Bell Michelle.
Speaker 9: Hey, go.
Speaker 7: Does the talent to find that sue working through the snow?
Speaker 1: And in the other corner, she visited with the Elves and Santa's Workshop last Christmas. I bet she did and left with a huge stack of one dollar bills. Now I know why they call her North Pole Nicole.
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: I really just love Christmas.
Speaker 3: I'm glad the elves too.
Speaker 1: Well, here's how the game works. One contestant is going to start by telling one of their worst dating stories that happened during the holiday season. Then the other will try and counter with a nightmare holiday story of their own. We're gonna go back and forth for three rounds, and then afterwards we will declare a winner, just in time for Christmas. So are our contestants ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's start it with jingle Bell Michelle Go.
Speaker 16: All right, So I had a date that asked me if I could come over and help him wrap presents because he was like helping with a holiday toy drives.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and.
Speaker 16: I was like absolutely, obviously to help you with charity, like come on, yeah, And so I went over and he had like this room full of big boxes everywhere, and so I started kind of just like, you know, I picked up one and it felt light, and so I was kind of looking around at the other boxes and I picked up like a Lego box and it was empty.
Speaker 6: What empty?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 16: Yeah? And so he like noticed what I was doing and he came over and you know, I was like, why are these empty? And like he finally came clean that he was just doing it to impress me, so to.
Speaker 3: Get in your pants.
Speaker 16: He also took on the boxes from like a church.
Speaker 3: I hate this guy, anti charity.
Speaker 1: Not a giver at all. Okay, well let's go, nor can you counter?
Speaker 10: So I ended up going king with the guy that I met on kinder.
Speaker 1: Date.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so no life. We are on the chair lift and he takes out his phone and tried to take a selfie with me and ends up dropping it over a restricted area below.
Speaker 17: So he freaks.
Speaker 10: Out, clips off his skis and jumps off of the list, immediately falls into a snow bank below, and then like pops up and is frantically searching for it and screaming for a house.
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 10: I skied down the mountain myself and drove home.
Speaker 7: Or it's not my problem, there's somebody else on the chair left behind me to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're back to you, Michelle. What do you got right?
Speaker 16: So this guy asked if I wanted to go holiday shopping with him, and so he went him moll and we're like buying gifts for his nieces and nephews and everything's going great or having fun until this guy stops him and kind of gives me like a weird look, and then he asks, oh, how are your wife and kids doing?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, you were shopping for his kids.
Speaker 16: Yeah, not enough you, And so my Day looks at him and is like, oh, they're great. I'm just actually out shopping with the nanny right now.
Speaker 1: Oh the story, Oh ow, nannies are usually hot, so at least maybe you could take that as a let's keep it going. We're back to you, Nicole.
Speaker 10: I met a guy who's hinder profile was all pictures of his local pro hockey team.
Speaker 6: Okay, like he played hockey.
Speaker 10: Right, Yeah, So he offered me and a friend ticket to a game and was like, oh, you'll know which one I.
Speaker 1: Want that I'm the one that's scoring all the goals, being the hero.
Speaker 6: I assume at this point you'd already Google searched him. He was right.
Speaker 10: I mean, maybe not well enough because the entire first period I couldn't see him. But during the break, the zamboni driver starts like yelling my name, like.
Speaker 16: Hey, who over here to ball?
Speaker 1: We're onto the third and final round. Let's keep that sad holiday dating feeling going with Michelle.
Speaker 16: So the guy that I was sposed going to date asked if I wanted to like go on a sleigh ride, and I was like yeah, And I was excited because I've never like done that before. So we met at a public park and then when I met up with him, he was holding like a children's size slud, like a little two seater.
Speaker 1: That's quite a sleigh ride.
Speaker 16: And then he like whistles and like four neighborhood boys come out and they try and pull us around on this little flud. It lasted like two minutes before these kids got tired and gave up.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, we got time for one story.
Speaker 10: A guy sent me his house address so that we could meet there and drive together for our date. But his dad answered the door and there's like Christmas music playing in the background, and I look behind him and there's like a whole party going on.
Speaker 1: Oh and you didn't know that was happening.
Speaker 10: No, no mention of that, And they like cheer for me.
Speaker 16: They're like, oh my god, he.
Speaker 6: Was a family party that you walked in on.
Speaker 10: Yes, it is a family party.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 10: My date comes up to me and he like whispers in my ear, don't leave. I'm gonna propose to you after the appetizers are finished.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you left?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I snuck out the back immediately.
Speaker 1: A gage. That final means the match is over. Wow. Holiday Edition. About the tender dates. Let's go to the scorecards.
Speaker 10: Alexis, I'm going for Nicole with the Zamboni driver.
Speaker 1: I think she pussed out, all right, Jose.
Speaker 2: I have to go the last one, the engagement, So I'm going with nor.
Speaker 1: Norle to graduation. One of the saddest dating lives we've ever heard, at least around the holidays, So good for you. Remember you can always text into seven eighty five nine two if you have a horrible dating story, you could be on the next edition a bottle of the tender dates. Phone taps coming up.
Speaker 8: Next, Frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Today, we're talking to a guy who's majorly stressed out because he gave his bank information to a scammer. Brook's husband this time. But they tried to wire money out of his account and the bank was able to stop most of it. Still, he lost two grands point. It's up to the bank on whether they refund him the two thousand dollars or just say sorry, you're out of luck. Well, this very important decision comes down to one person. Oh no, the branch manager and our own math wizard, jose Belagna. Hopefully he can stay focused and listen to this man's story without getting distracted by anything bright and colorful around him. We'll see how in your phone tap right now. Another on the twenties.
Speaker 2: Hello, good morning, this is Tom Morrow from a bank. I'm looking for a mister Charles.
Speaker 15: This is him.
Speaker 2: I'm calling about some fraudulent charges that were reported on your account.
Speaker 14: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I see you've.
Speaker 2: Been talking with a few people and there was a disagreement about who's responsible.
Speaker 14: Well, yes and no, there's not really a disagreement. I know who's responsible.
Speaker 1: It's you, guys, sir. I understand you're frustrated. Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm the supervising branch manager, so I make the final decisions, and I would I would love to hear your side. That's why I'm calling.
Speaker 14: Okay, finally I'm speaking to somebody who actually make a freaking decision.
Speaker 1: So correct.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take some notes.
Speaker 14: I got a phone call from someone saying it was bank and saying that there were some things going on they needed to validate a out number.
Speaker 1: So I'm sorry, can you hold on one second?
Speaker 18: What hey, excuse me over here?
Speaker 14: What is going on?
Speaker 1: He's coming?
Speaker 4: Yaya?
Speaker 19: Are you seriously stopping for I want a fuggy pop?
Speaker 1: I want one?
Speaker 19: You a child?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: Where are you going?
Speaker 14: Are you even at the bank?
Speaker 10: You're hitting you ice clean?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I'm I'm just working from home today, so I'm on my porch taking calls, and you know, the ice cream guy came by and.
Speaker 14: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Right now? I I apologize. I'm now. I'm one hundred percent though, So you go ahead and I will listen.
Speaker 14: It doesn't sound like you want to listen to me and my important complaints because you're sitting there trying to get ice cream.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm listening.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 14: I can hear the music.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, I'm going up with the phone down for like a half a second. Okay, just in case he sees me. Hold on one second.
Speaker 18: No, no, hey, ice cream guy, do you have any strawberry shortcakes?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 16: Hey, straw.
Speaker 19: Please slipping Jon taking two thousand dollars away from me, and you're trying to get some freaking strawberry ice.
Speaker 8: Cream right out?
Speaker 2: Sorry, for some reason, I just have ice cream on the brain right now.
Speaker 19: It's just it's because you're out on the porch.
Speaker 14: Go inside, shut the door, close the windows, and you won't hear it anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a very warm day, so I was hoping to get some you know, relaxing. I was to get some ice cream. Actually, hey, oh my god, what is your problem?
Speaker 1: Come on, I'm standing on my porch waving with my shirt.
Speaker 2: Off, and you're not stopping.
Speaker 14: How do you run a bank.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't leave.
Speaker 19: Hey, Hey, hey, I was talking to you.
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm back, I'm back. Sorry. You were saying you're having an issue with with money or something.
Speaker 19: You don't even remember what the hell we were talking about.
Speaker 2: I remember something about strawberry shortcake ice cream.
Speaker 14: Listen, I'm in.
Speaker 1: Is that what the.
Speaker 2: Scammers bought with the money that was stolen?
Speaker 9: You know what you need to do?
Speaker 19: Transfer me, Please, transfer me to somebody inside their own house, not craving ice cream.
Speaker 18: Hello, Budgie Bo, Budgie Buddy, I'm gonna catch you now. You come back here, don't you speed up.
Speaker 14: It's a freaking circus. I'm done. I'm done.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, man, I can't rEFInd your money. I don't work for the bank.
Speaker 1: I work for a radio station. Why this is all prank call from your business partner, Jason?
Speaker 14: Oh have to do with this?
Speaker 2: Oh, he's the one who set you up for this prank phone call? Man, Jason, you just got phone tap man. You're on Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 19: Jason, if you're listening to this right now, I am going to drive an ice cream truck and park it in front of your house and twenty four sec Oh.
Speaker 1: Don't get mad at Jason. Man.
Speaker 2: He was just trying to make you laugh. He told us, you've been super stressed out about these fraud charges. Man, he just wants you to laugh.
Speaker 1: He said, you're really upset.
Speaker 14: I was wondering why Bank Energy was acting like a six year old.
Speaker 2: I wish I was acting like a six year old. They got the ice cream and I did it.
Speaker 14: That's why you got a trip them.
Speaker 8: Wake up every morning with phone taps, weekday mornings on the twenties, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Three things you'll find in today's second date update judges, jury's and a whole lot of witness tampering going on by me.
Speaker 3: What I didn't even get it.
Speaker 1: I'm not even sure what that means. I could really use a good tampering right about now. Yay, okay, I don't know. But once the dust settles and the gavel has banged out its final bang, we're gonna find out if we can get one young man who's obsessed with true crime another romantic hangout.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, we just need to get you some action. Yes, it's a lot going on for you.
Speaker 1: Get your gavels ready for banging. With your second date update next second date of day. A truly romantic person can make a date night out of literally any situation, and that's why for their third wedding anniversary Broken, her husband emptied the septic tank together at her parents' log cabin, which set the mood us right.
Speaker 2: I hope you didn't go rolling around in the mud.
Speaker 3: If you know what, I get your waiters on. Honey, it looks like there's a clock.
Speaker 1: And that's how her son Alder came to be.
Speaker 2: No, don't ever tell him.
Speaker 5: The tree roots that were causing the problems.
Speaker 1: We were listeners. Jeremy says he came up with a pretty unique date idea that he doesn't thing has ever been done before. And I'm wondering, Jeremy, was raw sewage involved in your date night? Or are you not as romantic as brook is?
Speaker 15: Maybe not as romantic as all that.
Speaker 5: Get there someday meet the one to aspire.
Speaker 1: But tell us about the lady that you met. What's her name?
Speaker 15: Sure, her name's Tessa. We met through a dating appay, like a lot of people my age do.
Speaker 5: Now, how long did you guys like text or d M before you met up?
Speaker 15: We were talking for about like three to four weeks.
Speaker 8: Long time.
Speaker 15: Wow, I've been single for a little bit and we really connected over true crime podcasts. I'm really into it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so not so much like raw sewage as like human blood and internal organs. See, it's still sexy in a way.
Speaker 7: I think it's gross.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you both bonded over true crime? Okay, how do you.
Speaker 6: Make a date out of that?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 5: Are you going to listen to a podcast together?
Speaker 15: Actually that's where this is going. So, you know, since we're both into true crime, I have this idea of, like, why don't we just go to the courthouse, you know, and like just sit in on like actual trial.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you know, real trials are real boring.
Speaker 1: Alexis just first thought. Guy wants to take you to a courthouse sexy or no.
Speaker 5: Not sexy if the guy's a lawyer.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, Rich, wait, what's the case?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 6: Am I into it? Like the drama?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: The person on trial? I mean, what was it?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 15: It was actually really boring?
Speaker 7: Yeah, how long did you guys stay?
Speaker 15: We sat in on one trial and it wasn't like obviously like a murder case or something really huge. It was just domestic assault kind of thing, and that was boring.
Speaker 3: No, it's depressing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like you're on a first date talking about relationships and then you're seeing the worst of the worship.
Speaker 1: On the bright side, it makes you look really really good as an option romantically. It's like, at least it couldn't be that bad.
Speaker 2: At least I'm on this side of the jail center.
Speaker 3: They stayed through the whole thing.
Speaker 15: We like hopped around, you know, we actually sat in another one and again it was just like a traffic violation, so nothing exciting going on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like three hours, Like, yeah he was jaywalking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is hot.
Speaker 15: We went to the cafeteria in the courthouse and we just had some lunch.
Speaker 2: I've actually heard doing the segment what You're in the Courthouse that the that the caveatiers are pretty fire. Like they have nachos and pizza slices and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty fire for like stadium fear sountains.
Speaker 2: Again, like people can make a romantic date of anything.
Speaker 3: You're on a date.
Speaker 15: What was her reaction, Well, she seemed to be like kind of bummed out and everything, like she was on her phone quite a bit. I guess you didn't find it as interesting as well. You know, it's like, not my fault. I wilsh Courthouse has had more stuff going on. I can't control that, you know, So you needed.
Speaker 7: To be more like murder entertainment like they do on podcasts and TV.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. The irony is like you like true crime podcasts, but you don't like true crime like in real life.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you went on Yelp and left a bad review for where's the romantic atmosphere in here?
Speaker 6: Were you guys able to get back on track?
Speaker 8: Ever?
Speaker 15: Not really? I mean I suggested, like, hey, do you want to go like see him move or something? Instead, it was still early afternoon, so we had the whole day, and she's like, oh, I got the single on later day with my friends, so I'm not available.
Speaker 2: I mean after a few hours you kind of that's your window.
Speaker 5: Well interesting you suggested another activity where you just sit.
Speaker 15: And not talk again. I'm now just seeing that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, clearly a few regrets. Looking back on your date, I mean, how did it end?
Speaker 15: I just kind of petered out, you know, just said all right, well, I'll catch you later. Just like I kiss on the cheek and I haven't really gotten I mean, she's kind of responded my text, but very short answers, not really engaging, you know, kind of putting off another date. So I just I need to kind of win her back. Do you guys have any ideas, like date night ideas or something.
Speaker 5: I was going to ask you what you do differently if you got another chance.
Speaker 15: I don't think we'd obviously go to the courthouse again unless there's something really juicy.
Speaker 1: No, there's no thank you.
Speaker 15: You know what if it been like one of those Netflix true crime stories that we happen to be like a part of that history, that would have been a game changer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that happens at the local court.
Speaker 1: But at least now we have something to work with. We're gonna google some of the biggest crimes that have happened locally in our area, and maybe we can send you to one of those court cases. When we get her on the phone, let's just.
Speaker 5: Go with drinks. Maybe you guys should just go get drinks.
Speaker 1: We'll start with drinks, then we'll build up to the really romantic stuff and we'll do your second date update right.
Speaker 15: After this cool.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Wow, what a great idea for a first date. If you're into true crime, just head right to the source and bring your special lady down to the courthouse so the two of you can laugh and make fun of the criminals being prosecuted for low level misdemeanors and then share a hot kiss during the sentences.
Speaker 3: Is that pro a basic?
Speaker 1: And they didn't get to the sentencing party.
Speaker 5: Before, That's why they didn't kiss.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, where's that suggestion in Cosmo Magazine's Hot Date Night Tips.
Speaker 6: It's probably there, to be.
Speaker 1: Honest, probably because that's really where Jeremy took Tessa the other day for their first meetup, because the two of them bonded over true crime documentaries while they were talking online and thought it might be fun to show up to a real one. They quickly realized court isn't quite as exciting as it seems on the Netflix shows and Judge Judy, so the romance never really materialize. Yeah, and he's just really hoping for a redo.
Speaker 15: Not right, Jeremy, Yeah, that's exactly right. I'm hoping for it.
Speaker 7: I don't think you should beat yourself up over this, though, because it was I mean, Tessa was into it too, like it was your decision together.
Speaker 5: It sounds like to go to it. So maybe she's having.
Speaker 7: The same regret right now, like, ah, if we would have done something different, it would have worked out. We did it, I know, because because they had bad vibes, you know, like the vibes could never get on, so you don't want to call people back after that.
Speaker 2: Maybe a little nudge.
Speaker 1: From us, or possibly she fell in love with the defendant, those bad boys. They always.
Speaker 2: Three years for him to get out.
Speaker 6: The bailiffs.
Speaker 2: Make good money.
Speaker 15: That better than not. It happened that bailiff was at least sixty so.
Speaker 1: Doesn't stop Alexis. But we'll see what Tessa has to say. I'm in a call her number right now, right.
Speaker 15: All right? Cool?
Speaker 1: Hopefully she answers. Let's see, hopefully she's not missing.
Speaker 16: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey is this Tessa? Yes, Hey, Tessa, what's up? My name is jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning and a podcast.
Speaker 5: She's really familiar with podcasts. Podcast you want to bring that up?
Speaker 7: What show are you calling from?
Speaker 1: It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 17: I don't I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: We're on radio, we're on podcasts or on YouTube, We're all over the place.
Speaker 5: You should listen.
Speaker 17: Radio still exists.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, you know what hurts? That hurt? Tessa? That was like right in my heart. Okay, that was not called for, and yes it does.
Speaker 1: That was a first degree stabbing, wow, right in public.
Speaker 2: But that's also why we have a podcast.
Speaker 1: We're going to forgive you though, if you can give us some answers that we've been looking for to help out our listener named Jeremy.
Speaker 17: Wait, Jeremy the guy I went on a day with.
Speaker 1: That's right, Ye, you do remember.
Speaker 17: Why did he call you?
Speaker 1: Well, because he had a well, I can't even say he had a great time. He told us that you two met up the other day at a courthouse for a date, and even he admits that maybe it wasn't the best date idea.
Speaker 7: You thought it was a good idea going in as well, right to do the courthouse thing since you both like true crime, He said.
Speaker 17: Well, okay, so just for doing this. I definitely was open to the idea because we certainly have the podcast thing in common. But yeah, I mean it was pretty snoozefest I'll admit.
Speaker 1: He feels really bad that he went through with that and wants to switch things up for another meet up, something more exciting. Uh some hesitation, though.
Speaker 17: From you it sounds sick. Didn't give you all the details.
Speaker 5: I mean, he said, you guys went and ate in the cafeteria. Was that lame because that sounds kind of lame.
Speaker 17: I mean, I was like, probably the least concerning part of the day, lunch was fine.
Speaker 3: Oh there was a concerning part.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, what was that?
Speaker 17: I don't know if I was going to get him in trouble. But the minute we got there, he was like immediately like, oh, let's go to the third floor. And I was like, oh, have you.
Speaker 1: Been here before?
Speaker 17: Do you like do this often?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 17: And he's like, I've been here before. I was involved in a Ponzi scheme when I was younger, so I had a trial up on the third floor. I know that they do some good trials up there.
Speaker 2: Scammer.
Speaker 1: We didn't get that detail when we talked to him.
Speaker 6: Wow, and it's honest, but he so casually dropped.
Speaker 5: It like it didn't mean anything to him.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean I guess like he kind of explained that like he got accused that he wasn't convicted of anything.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 17: He just was like, yeah, I know my way around since I've been here before.
Speaker 5: Okay, so he was innocent. So is it just that history that turned you off?
Speaker 17: Okay, you want to talk about history? So the first trial was boring, so we left and he was like, let's go down the hallway to this other room. He's like, I know this one. I had to go to this trial.
Speaker 6: For a different reason.
Speaker 1: He's had to go to court multiple times.
Speaker 17: God, because he was caught passing bad checks and it's all for.
Speaker 3: Like, boy doesn't have a lot of money.
Speaker 1: So is that something that turns you on or turns you off? Because now I'm kind of getting interested.
Speaker 17: Oh because I was like, oh, so you've been to court twice and he's like, oh yeah, in my twenties, I like found myself on the court system quite a bit. He's like, I even got wrongly accused of simple assault in a park fight.
Speaker 6: What what?
Speaker 7: It's never good when the person's always wrongly accused, Like if it's like you're.
Speaker 3: Multiple over and over again.
Speaker 5: At some point the accusations were probably.
Speaker 1: It sounds like he's just in the wrong place at the wrong time, all the time, every place.
Speaker 17: I'm like, maybe there should be a podcast about him, like.
Speaker 1: We're doing it right now. Oh no, I gotta tell you Jeremy's been there.
Speaker 15: Hey, Tessa, there he is.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a hardened criminal.
Speaker 15: I'm not breaking the law right now, I promise you that. And as I said before, I had a pretty wild time in my teens in my twenties, but that's all in the past and change.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I am a James man, and I mean I was honest with you, and I let that part of my life available to you, and I thought you might connect and be sympathetic because you're into true crime.
Speaker 17: But I don't know. That's a lot. That's a lot like how did you get reformed? Did you get some sort of help or therapy or something, because that seems extreme.
Speaker 16: To go through.
Speaker 17: I don't quite believe that you're fully changed. I mean, do people ever really change?
Speaker 3: Whoa do?
Speaker 15: Wow, that's a very cynical view of things, and it seems very judgmental of you right now.
Speaker 17: Actually, I've never been arrested for anything, so I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: Some people completely change around.
Speaker 12: Jef.
Speaker 5: I did a guy that was a convicted grand theft auto.
Speaker 3: He had that, and that was It's.
Speaker 1: Not something that most people around bragging about.
Speaker 5: I just say it didn't divine who he was.
Speaker 7: He made a bad choice when he was young, like that happens.
Speaker 5: He had a pretty good explanation for everything.
Speaker 1: Are you still with him?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Weird? Why not want to date the grand theft auto guy?
Speaker 3: I mean there are some other Maybe you.
Speaker 1: Should practice what you preach, Brooke.
Speaker 5: I didn't break up with him because of his felony.
Speaker 1: Overall, Tessa, it sounds to me like Jeremy is being upfront with you at least about his past. He's not trying to hide it from you. He's putting it all out there.
Speaker 15: I'm literally broadcasting it on the radio now apparently.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and listen, anyone on the run would not go to the courthouse, Okay, if.
Speaker 5: He was wanted for something, that's not what he would do.
Speaker 17: Sure, Yeah, But how do I know that? I don't know that for sure. Like maybe he's like going to these courtrooms to like learn about how he can be better at crime. I don't know.
Speaker 15: How you approach every man is there's a potential that things can go bad.
Speaker 17: Therefore, on the American every man has been a Ponzi scheme.
Speaker 3: And try things work.
Speaker 1: In his defense, he was absolved of every crime he got accused of so until proven guilty, and I would like to give him the chance to prove just how boring he really is by sending you on another date with him, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 15: You know what, I'm want to jump in here. I'm going to go ahead and pass myself.
Speaker 1: Oh he's very bad boy, jumping into saying I don't play by the rules of the radio anymore. I want to do it my way.
Speaker 17: Thank you for declining me, because I was about to. I didn't want to have to hurt your feelings, but you just showed your Wow.
Speaker 1: Look at that. A guy commits a few, several dozen crimes in his life and suddenly he's labeled a bad guy. Wow, I guess dismiss We need a gavel. I don't have a gavel. I have a tape dispenser in here. So there you go, court dismissed. That just broke the tape dispenser. Look what you did, Jeremy. You broke my tape to.
Speaker 2: Put his wonted poster on our walls.
Speaker 1: To the tame rook Jeffrey in the morning. You know, I'm trying to think about what would have made that courtroom date even worse than it already was. Is there anything worse than admitting to all the times you've ever had to make an appearance in the courtroom before that moment?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, if you're at the place where it happened, how could it not be top of mind?
Speaker 2: For Yeah, I've been here many times.
Speaker 1: This brings back so many happy memories for me.
Speaker 5: Actually, use the bathroom on the second floor much nicer.
Speaker 1: And maybe if the guy at the metal detector was like, oh hey, Bob, good to see you again. You forgot these and handsy, some like iron knuckles, then it could have been worse.
Speaker 5: Iron knuckles.
Speaker 3: I think that's what he means.
Speaker 1: Ard Streets Brass doesn't do the trick on this body. But I mean, other than that, I think it's safe to say room first date, cross that one off of your date list.
Speaker 2: Ideas, Yeah, if anyone else is thinking about it, there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's one guy that's like, dang it.
Speaker 1: But you know what, whatever your first date is, whether it was romantic or just super boring. We want to help you out. You can always email the show. We'll call that person who is in calling you back. And check out all of our second day podcasts up online at Brooknjeffrey dot.
Speaker 8: Com Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Grocery stores, barber shops, unisex, highway rest stops.
Speaker 2: WHOA what are they all have in common?
Speaker 1: Christmas music? I have to whistle it at some of those. Okay, holiday music is everywhere right now, But do you know the exact titles of your favorite holiday songs? You might think you do, and maybe you're going to be better than our host at identifying them when we play a brand new special Christmas edition of Riffing Around, test your Christmas music knowledge coming up. You think you love the holidays, Well, now's your chance to prove it with a brand new Christmas edition of r Around.
Speaker 20: Are you for some Riffing Around where I played the instrumental the famous holiday song that you've probably heard played nine hundred thousand times at your local shopping center and.
Speaker 1: You just have to tell me the name of it. In theory, this should probably be the easiest Riffin segment that we've ever done on the show, because these songs have basically seeped into your bones at this point, but.
Speaker 2: It's always like a like a mental block.
Speaker 1: Yeah say the word.
Speaker 5: And it's like you only get the instrumental.
Speaker 12: If I had the lyrics where I was repeating the name of the song over and over again, I would obviously know and.
Speaker 1: We would never play that edition of the game.
Speaker 5: That's I would like, Jeffrey, We're.
Speaker 1: Gonna find out who is going to be declared the King or Queen of Christmas on this show and have the honor of wearing the magical Santa Hat of Happiness today. Couldn't trademark that, And there's something sticky inside of it too, so you enjoy it. Let's find out who is gonna win. We're gonna start with Alexis name. This famous Christmas tune.
Speaker 3: Isn't it around the Christmas?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's an the Christmas Tree?
Speaker 3: That was easy.
Speaker 7: They lull us into a false sense of hope by giving as.
Speaker 1: Don't go squeeze on me this early. I will start deducting points before we even get to show some respect to the host. We're on the Jose, this magical Hat of Happiness isn't gonna wear itself. Okay, you gotta earn it. Christmas classic.
Speaker 2: You're a mean one, mister green Inch?
Speaker 1: Is that your real guess? Can you steal it?
Speaker 12: That's what I thought it was at first, too, because when you're too happy for a mean one, mister Grinch, Okay, just block him out, block him out.
Speaker 1: We need a guess.
Speaker 7: Five seconds walking in the winter water land, No, alexis getting my head.
Speaker 6: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Speaker 1: Not Michael boul made it extra special. Alexis has jumped out to to nothing nothing lead. If you were around when most of these were released, this should be easy to name this famous Christmas song.
Speaker 6: Chestnuts roasting on open fire?
Speaker 1: Right, That's actually not right. It's the Christmas song, but we'll give you credit for chestnuts roasting all an open fire. Experts, It's called the Christmas Song by Nat King Cole. But I'm being merciful.
Speaker 3: This Christmas, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: We're on a round to the score. Surprisingly, Alexis is in the lead. Surprise, Brook has one. Jose still has zero elections. Okay, try and keep the magic of Christmas alive here by getting this song title right.
Speaker 8: Oh, I don't.
Speaker 3: Jingle rock.
Speaker 1: Coal and they're stalking for that guest. That is wrong, Jose, can you steal it?
Speaker 7: Wrong? Okay, Holly Jolly Christmas, Jeff, Holy.
Speaker 1: Jolly Christmas, Burl Eyes.
Speaker 2: So literally all Christmas songs use the same instruments words.
Speaker 1: I get it. Now we're back to you, Jose. Here you go, let's go. What Christmas song is this?
Speaker 3: Oh, the first noel?
Speaker 1: Of course, you need the first noel from the eighteen hundred.
Speaker 2: No, it's my second.
Speaker 1: All right, Jose's finally on the board. Brooke, this is your chance to jump into the lead. Okay, you could be the Christmas Queen if you get this one right.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's Charlie brown One.
Speaker 1: That's the movie that it's from. But what's the name of that song?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say, Christmas time is here?
Speaker 8: Yes, that.
Speaker 1: Is here, bro amazing jumped into the lead with three correct At the end of round two, Alexis, you're in second place with two Jose taking up the rear with one.
Speaker 2: Hey, taking up the rear is not a bad thing, Alexis.
Speaker 1: Here we go. What song is this?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh, what the name of it?
Speaker 1: That's right? We need the correct title.
Speaker 7: Of these right.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That you're looking like someone's gonna help together.
Speaker 3: Get you up.
Speaker 6: Let's get the lyrics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just right together, just right? Yeah, yeah, you already hit the button slave Ridettes.
Speaker 6: I was testing you, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, you tied it up. Now, congratulations, Jose, still pulling up the rear here. But you can get back into it if you get this Christmas song correct.
Speaker 2: City Side walks, Maybe I.
Speaker 6: Don't even trust your lyrics anymore.
Speaker 2: Sidewalks?
Speaker 1: There are you guessing? City side?
Speaker 2: I remember sidewalks?
Speaker 5: Holler?
Speaker 1: We need a guess here? Silver bell, Silver Bell, famously done by Dean Mark and well done, Jose. This is the tightest edition of Riffing Around we've ever gone. Alexis and Scrooge mcbrook tight at three, Jose has two.
Speaker 7: I'm going for the Queen of Christmas to get rid of that Scrooge thing that you keep waving.
Speaker 1: This is your chance, okay, to become the Queen of Christmas. God.
Speaker 5: Actually, my heart is really beating.
Speaker 1: Fast, isn't. You can get it right, You will win. Name this Christmas classic?
Speaker 18: What is this?
Speaker 3: Is it not? Jingle bolls?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I got it? But you are Jewish like me. So you got an excuse not to know these Alexas.
Speaker 18: Stealing a willing Very Christmas, Jose.
Speaker 1: If you get this, it's for twenty times total.
Speaker 2: Guess isn't Grandma got rid over by Rainey.
Speaker 1: Went that Patsy, the Floozies of Jersey and the new King of the Holidays down the magically.
Speaker 3: Jolly Jose, You're right, kid, we have to live win every game.
Speaker 1: I'm a special a right, Brooke, You're back to scooge make Brooke for taking away all your points down to zero again. Congratulations, Jose, I'm jeff Toasty chessnut de.
Speaker 8: Bo brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Brook. You're going for five wins in a row today.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna be taking on the tie master Scott from Seattle, who has tied you every single time that he's played this game.
Speaker 3: I thought you just meant he could do a real good wins or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just enjoys tie food that much. Welcome, Scott, Thank you.
Speaker 21: Actually, what I've done, I've picked my three favorite neck ties and I'm wearing them as a symbol of my desire to win today.
Speaker 1: And that's all I'm wearing for he's more tie than man today.
Speaker 3: That is a visual I got to tell you though. It strengthens me.
Speaker 21: Oh the problem is my middle school a requested bacon for breakfast and the pants heating up and it's starting to sizzle around.
Speaker 1: Did say he's only wearing the three ties?
Speaker 2: Bacon's not a good thing to cook.
Speaker 1: Dude, Here we go. We already send Brooke out of the studio, and you have thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you have to beat broke out right to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 21: Ready?
Speaker 1: All right? Here we go. Your time starts now. Today's National ice Cream Day? Which founder is Older Ben or Jerry Ben? In politics, floatus stands for what.
Speaker 21: A first lady of the first lady of the United States?
Speaker 1: What's the plural form of the word fish?
Speaker 14: Fish?
Speaker 1: Labor Days always celebrated on the first Monday of which month?
Speaker 21: September?
Speaker 1: What NBA team plays their home game at Madison Square Garden? Uh? Nick, all right, I got that answer, and let's bring Brook back into the studio and Scott, do you have a favorite holiday tradition that you like to do every year?
Speaker 21: I absolutely do. It's pouring a nice tall cup of Bailey's over ice on Christmas morning.
Speaker 3: I heard a different word I.
Speaker 8: Every day.
Speaker 3: We thought you were referring to maybe a paid website.
Speaker 1: An adult website.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they do have a lot of Christmas spirit there too.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 6: And the lady's name Bailey.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: No, no, you said pouring a glass of very delicious Yes, okay, all right, let's move forward.
Speaker 3: I mean he's naked. I'm thinking of it. What is wrong with me today?
Speaker 19: I know.
Speaker 1: We're not really in the holiday spirit. We're in some sort of spirit. All right, Brook, it's your turn? You ready? Yeah, your time starts now. Today is National Ice Cream Day? Which founder is older banner Jerry Jerry. In politics, floatus stands for what first Lady of the United States? What's the plural form of the word fish?
Speaker 3: Fish?
Speaker 1: Labor Day is always celebrated on the first Monday of which.
Speaker 3: Month, September?
Speaker 1: What NBA team plays their home games at Madison Square Garden, Celtics. Which famous movie villain had a sidekicked named Mini me?
Speaker 6: Oh awesome powers?
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna cut you off there. Time to go to the scoreboard. And see how you did with Jose. You gotta help me, help them, help you, help me, help you.
Speaker 13: Scott, you got for correct today many dude, and brook yep you got also follow the time master strikes again.
Speaker 3: Time Do we have the same brain?
Speaker 5: Is that what it is?
Speaker 19: I guess?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, go into your closet and find a fourth tide to put around your neck. Buddy, Let's go over the answers here. Today's National ice Cream Day. Between Ben and Jerry. Jerry is the older founder four days older twins. Almost. In politics, floatus stands for a First Lady of the United States. The plural of fish is fish.
Speaker 2: I both got that I would have overthought it and passed.
Speaker 1: Labor Day is always celebrated on the first Monday of September. The New York Knicks play at Madison Square Garden, and the famous movie Villain with the Sidekick Minime that's Doctor Evil judges here. At one point in the third movie, Mini Me is Austin Power's sidekick.
Speaker 9: But Austin Powers was never a villain in that movie, so doctor is the correct answer, all right.
Speaker 1: So Scott oh Man tied again, unfortunately, so we can't give you any money. But we'll be back to play wind Brooks Bucks same time tomorrow
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.