Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all at all, so don't given them.
Speaker 2: Back a million bu bu boozy.
Speaker 4: Listening to.
Speaker 5: To I want to join.
Speaker 2: Yah yah joy, you want to do that?
Speaker 6: You love your.
Speaker 4: Turn gona turn.
Speaker 3: Okay to turn the mouth the turn you probably got to turn mouth.
Speaker 1: Turn out, turn a wad, then up looking me.
Speaker 2: Come come on, you'll think, uh huh, I sure will. Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 7: Excuse me, you all listening to the voice, come on dig me now, one and only Steeve Harvey got a radio show, man o man or man something going on real good today.
Speaker 8: You ought to feel blessed today. The fact that God woke you up and gave you another opportunity. You know, every day you wake up, it's another chance. It's a chance for all of us to get better, to get it right, to get on the right path, to stop heading the wrong way. Every day you wake up, that's your opportunity. See, because he's gonna keep waking you up because he has a plan for you. You know, I don't know, uh you know, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't know when he makes his call and you know who gets called home when I can't explain it, I don't have that answer. I'm not him, I'm not God. I don't claim to be.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't understand it all sometimes, but God has an amazing way. But as long as he's waking you up.
Speaker 2: I do know this.
Speaker 8: God ain't through with you yet. God has a plan for you. Your job is to identify identify the plan. You know, that's clearly what I need for you to do. You know, oftentimes the thing that you're looking for, it's right there inside of you.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: I can't tell you how many people I meet mister Harvey, Mister Harvey, can't speak to you for many Yeah, Man, what's up with you?
Speaker 2: Man? I was just wondering.
Speaker 8: Man, I've been trying to and I want to know, Man, can you give me a good agent? Can you give me a good lawyer? Can you give me a good Now? Look, if you got some legal problems, I understand you're gonna need some help right there. But the majority of questions I get asked is about their future, about their place in this world, about their mission, about what they're trying to do, how they trying to figure out and then the how to go about doing it. But the answer I must remind all of you is always within yourself. It starts right there. See a lot of people burn up a lot of time looking around trying to find someone. If I could just meet them, if I could just get on her show. Man, if all, if I could just get to his show, I beat and made it. That's not necessarily the case. Because See, just like every time you put your put your faith in a person or an event or currence or some type of thing that you imagine yourself being in there and that'll do it for you. Imagine of all the people who've made it without you know, I look at everybody. Tell me, Man, if I could get on so and so show, that'll do it for me. Man, somebody else got on that show and they blew up. Man, if I could just make it to that show, do you know how many people have made it without that? So see, when you start focusing in on what your idea of how to make it is, and your idea of how to make it does not include your relationship with God, you spinning your wheels. Man, It's a vicious cycle you in now, and I'm asking everybody to get out of that cycle. Get out of looking for someone and something. The answer is within you. God resides in you. That burning thing that you have that you just can't get out your head. That's a seed. God plant that there. That's a seed.
Speaker 2: It needs watering, nurturing, fertilizing, and that's what it needs. It didn't it. Don't ever say, man, I need that other person right there now.
Speaker 8: There are people you will meet that will compliment you, and I can assure you that God will put you in the right place at the right time. I'm almost certain that God will introduce you to everybody you need to be introduced to to make it to wherever it is. You all are trying to get to him talking about you and God now, But the moment you take it into your own hands and you make the decision as to who you got to get to, You've just cloudy and muddy the waters. See God's plan for you don't really need your help. Oh, it needs your attention, it needs your focus, it needs your faith, and it needs your hard work. But He needs you to listen. He needs you to listen more than anything. Listen, keep the faith, and be willing to work your tail off. I don't know how you think it can happen any other way, But then again I do because I try to make it another way. So I had to come to the conclusion, Hey man, listen here, dog just ain't working for you. You got to get some more God here, man, listen to me.
Speaker 2: The answer was.
Speaker 8: Always within me, the moment I sat down with myself and told myself the truth that aint partner. You ain't really all that. He ain't partner, regardless as to what people are seeing and stuff. You ain't happy, Hey Pardner, this really ain't about you. Hey Pardner, you really ain't all that good at this. God is keeping you for a reason. Okay, hold up, Steve, quit tripping.
Speaker 2: What I need to do.
Speaker 8: I just started talking to myself and then I heard Bishop Jakes say a couple of things.
Speaker 2: Then I was watching TV. I heard Joel Oldstein.
Speaker 8: Say a couple of things and I went, wow, man, okay, cool, that's pretty slick.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try that. And when I did it, it changed my life.
Speaker 8: I am telling you, man, it has been God this whole time, and the God has been residing inside of me, just like the God resides on the inside of you.
Speaker 2: That's him talking to you, telling you, man, you ought to get it together. Man making you feel bad.
Speaker 8: It's sending you on guilt trips, you knowing you wrong, and you out there wrong and something telling you you are not do it.
Speaker 2: Here's how you know. It's God.
Speaker 8: And Bishop Alma taught me this in his book He's Got I can't think the name of it right now, but it's a really good book.
Speaker 2: But it says in that man.
Speaker 8: Bishop Olmo was talking in this book and he was saying, the way you know is not God's voice is if it ain't no sin in it. See how many times have you made up in your mind, I'm gonna show this person or I'm gonna show that person, or I'm gonna get this person back. You hurt me, I'm gonna hurt you. You know the Lord don't like ugly. I'll show you well, the Lord don't like ugly. But no way in that does it's safe for you to go show them. It doesn't say that. See, so when you strike out on that mission, you know the God knows in my heart I loved you, but I got to do this because you did me. Who wah, whoa whoah, ain't got nothing to do? With God right there, you can take him out of it. If it's God, has no sin in it. So anytime somebody come to me talking about the Lord told me to do this to you, and that's the only reason I'm doing. You need to get yourself right with God. I had all them threats right there. That ain't God talking to me through you. What are you crazy? If it's God, it has no sin in it. So you got to be careful man, when you talking to people. If we're gonna go down here and we're gonna do this because this is the right thing to do. If it has something wrong going on, then it can't be the right thing to do. It took me a minute to learn that one. But please get that through your head so you can quit spending yourself around and remember everything you're looking for is within you. It's all right there. Quit wasting your time looking around all the time. Go to your God, man, talk to him. Go to that spirit that's on the inside of you that's calling you. Stop letting people shake your tree. At the end of the day, somebody gonna be right, somebody gonna be wrong. All right, y'all, we're gonna have to go in the day tripping a little bit, going through something.
Speaker 2: Show ladies and gentlemen, it is here another great tape.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: Oh man, Man, I'm excited. He just keep on doing it. He just keeps on showing up. Man, Thank you Heavening Father.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you no better way to start your data than to be grateful. It just opens up the windows of heaven, makes room for you, and the angels rejoice when you show gratitude. It's just an amazing thing. And it just it minimizes the things that's going on in your life that's not of the positive nature. And it just helps you realize, man, that God is still on the throne, still in the blessing business.
Speaker 4: Hah.
Speaker 8: Shirley Strawberry, Colin Parrell, Mouth of South Junior nephew, Tommy. Yeah, all us help you up here telling you what's on your mind.
Speaker 10: Let me ask you this man, you did it all now, I mean you have to tie and then just if anybody in any biding, uncle, what's your motivation?
Speaker 6: What's your wine?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 8: Well, you gotta have your purpose has changed often in life, and you got to be conscious of it.
Speaker 2: You got to rearrange it all the time. First, it was about me.
Speaker 8: I needed to be successful because I thought I could help more people that way. But I found out along the way that your mission is always to help others. Even on your climb to the top, you have to extend your hand to help others. I was listening to Joel Oldstein over the weekend and he was pointing that out that whenever you need something, don't forget the other people who need something too, because part of your blessing, and a huge part of your blessing, comes when you do something for other people. God blesses you to become a blessing, and the more of a blessing you are the other people, the more he'll bless you with. So you continue to be an even bigger blessing, you see. And so you've got to make your motivation. It cannot always be about you. I understand the human side of it because I suffered from that oftentimes myself.
Speaker 2: But the reality of the matter is, it's not about me.
Speaker 8: The motivation for me now is purely I would have to say, the motivation for me now is eighty percent my family. Eighty percent is my family, you know twenty you know, of course I'm human. I won't recognition for my work. You know, that's the human side of it. But if I don't get the recognition, that's fine because I changed my want in life anyway I used to want I used to want rewards, I mean awards. I changed it from awards to I just want the reward now. But I just my life now is more into the awards than the into the rewards as opposed to the awards, because I thought that's what it was all about. Man, I got invited to the show, I got a camera seat, I got to go, I got to go. No, man, I don't have to do that, because I found out what God wanted me for is much bigger than that anyway. So your focus will change about what it is you want out of life. But as long as you make it about others and someone else other than you, the greater your.
Speaker 9: Chances of achieving it. I mean, I take that seat through if you don't want to see seat being empty, I mean, somebody.
Speaker 1: Need to sit there, all right.
Speaker 11: Coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew yet again with.
Speaker 1: The prank phone call. Is he runs the prank back right.
Speaker 11: After this you're listening Morning show, all right, and it's time now to start your morning off with the nephew and run that prank back.
Speaker 6: What you got for his neph Your husband's prescripture?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, husband's you always prescript these people.
Speaker 2: We got to listen.
Speaker 6: Listen, listen, listen, Linda.
Speaker 9: People need a prescription. Okay, I'm just calling it, That's all I'm doing. I'm just calling it. And the man got ailment or something. So we got to get the man's of medicine.
Speaker 2: Now let's go husband's prescription.
Speaker 4: Come on, hello, hello, how you doing? This is pharmacy. My name is Brian on the tech. Here is mister Donovan. Donovan? Is he available? Now?
Speaker 5: What can I help you with?
Speaker 4: Well, he dropped his prescription off about an hour ago. I wanted to we wanted to call let you guys know that the prescription is ready, prescription full. Wait, well, he dropped off a prescription. I'm assuming he must have looked like the doctor just wrote this prescription today, so I'm assuming he seems like he would probably need this pretty soon. So I wanted to let you guys know it's ready.
Speaker 12: Okay, and what exactly did he get a prescription for him.
Speaker 4: It's a mox Sicilian, a moxa cilian, a max Oficilian. We've got him at least fifteen tablets. He could take two tablets today.
Speaker 12: Sorry, Brian, right.
Speaker 4: My name is Brian. Yes, I'm the technician here at the pharmacy.
Speaker 12: Okay, well let me okay, Donald, that's my husband. Let me make sure you have the right down of them, because well let me can we check the birthdays? Are you allowed to do that with me?
Speaker 4: Definitely? Definitely it's seventy four? Is that correct?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 12: Okay? And so what exactly is the mons sicilian for a.
Speaker 4: Monticilians an antibiotic man So any type of small infections of some sort, diseases or whatever, it pretty much cures it.
Speaker 12: So you're telling me this nasty? Then got something? Winning got it on my first off. He want to seem the doctor and got a prescription under my interest. Just try and he want to got something you know what? You know what that Brian, I'm coming down there. I'll pick up the medicine. I'll get it and if people want that medicine, he'll check in with me at my counter because I got a check and he done wrote that his not cast. I'm gonna beat the hell off this. He not know, he does not even you know what.
Speaker 5: We brought it an year.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, you're you're uh miss what? What? What can I call you about? Your first name? What's your name?
Speaker 12: No communist? That's fine, just communist? No communist?
Speaker 4: Okay? Uh. First of all, I want to apologize. I had no idea that you were not aware of the actual prescription that he's that we've just filled for him, you know, just just on a personal note, I'm just curious, is there a possibility maybe maybe you could have given it to him?
Speaker 12: Brian Noble, you did you the lost some of my Now, First off, you don't call my phone. First off, no you. I'm glad you called my phone to tell me it's my interns, that's why. And then you excuse me, given that n something are you going him? Don't you ever in your life call somebody's fault? And this is a courty to call this none of your business? What's going on in my okay, none of your business? You don't get out of my way. That ain't none of your business. And now I didn't get it. Nothing to ask you a questions. I've got something for yo and he want to come home with STDs and you want to ask me if I gave him a CD? Oh, okay, was the manager? Let me speak to your managers, ma'am.
Speaker 4: I was just I was, uh, you know, I'm not trying to be unprofessional. I was just asking a personal question. I should not have asked you something like that, and I do apologize. I should we expect someone to pick up the description.
Speaker 12: I just told you, I'm gonna be picking up up. I'm gonna coming up. You know what, blind, You'll know who I am because I got I got a couple of words for y'all, and I still want to speak to your manager. You did you were very unprofessional and I don't appreciate you. I'm coming at means I'm going to eat you. Me telling me he didn't gotten you a s CD, didn't ask me? Did I give it a help? And you all of them between mountains.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not trying to get all in between your legs, ma'am. Apparently that's not the place to be considering you guys. Ne A MAXI Zilla, you know.
Speaker 12: But you getting me in loss shop. He's like, you know what, Brian, I still got some stuf like a left from the first and guess what I'm a life of from yo. You don't play games with me. You do not even know.
Speaker 1: You do not know me.
Speaker 12: You don't know who I am. You don't know who I know and what I got. I got something for y'all. What is this prescription as? Because I know it's nothing.
Speaker 1: Want to buy a house?
Speaker 12: I know it's not. What did he take his twice?
Speaker 4: Where'd you asked?
Speaker 12: Because I'm on my way here?
Speaker 13: Uh uh?
Speaker 4: Would you like my managers here? Would you like to speak with him?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 12: Yeah, put the manager on. Put your manager on. I want to speak to him now, an say, uh huh uh hello, hello, Yes, get the manager.
Speaker 4: This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harby Morning Show. When you just got prayed by your husband, Donovan.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna share him and you. What's plays all?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 12: He needs to be out looking for the job to staying worse than three months?
Speaker 4: Go play with me like that?
Speaker 5: Got my blood press right?
Speaker 12: Oh no, I'm coming down now. I'm still coming to get you.
Speaker 4: I'm not a baby. You can't t get me.
Speaker 12: You's gotter be glad.
Speaker 9: I love your show.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, oh my my wife. Don't tolerate no cheating.
Speaker 12: You know, you know crazy, you ain't white, you won't.
Speaker 4: I got one more thing to ask. You know, what is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show.
Speaker 12: In the late Steve By Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Stupid enough?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 1: Always is that? Geniusly?
Speaker 2: Stupid enough? And all I can say.
Speaker 1: That's saint too much.
Speaker 6: You went too far. Apparently that's not the place to be, since.
Speaker 2: That ain't where I want to be there, I said.
Speaker 6: It's crazy. Go hard in the paint, baby, That's how you do it. You go hard in the paint.
Speaker 9: New York City, New York, New York, Big city of dreams. Get ready, baby, February to third, and nephew was coming to the n y C the City Winery.
Speaker 2: You heard what I said.
Speaker 9: Tickets are on sale right now, February third, Saturday night, New York City. If you can make it New York, you can make it anywhere. Tickets on sale right now.
Speaker 1: Thank you for you.
Speaker 11: Coming up next, it is asked the CLO or Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey in the building.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 11: Steve Harvey Morning Show time Now to ask the CLO Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey. This one is from Billy in Ohio. Steve Billy right, but listen to this, Billy Wrights. I'm tied up in an affair with a woman that loved to have sex on the back seat of her Chevy Tahoe. This past Sunday, I was at church with my wife and she pulled up to the church and texted me to come outside.
Speaker 1: I left church and went to the back seat of the tahoe.
Speaker 11: Afterwards, I nodded that the parking lot got guard and I went. When I'm back in church the next Sunday, the security guard told me that my secret was safe with him. Should I trust him or not?
Speaker 8: You got to first of all, dog, First of all, first of all, should I trust him or not? Let's start with you stupid, Please, that's a dog.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 8: He's the security guard. You had to climb in the back seat or y'all had to go into the back seat. Either way, you went in the back door or you climbed over the sea. He saw it, and he tells you, hey, man, your secret safe with me. Should I trust him? Okay, let's say you don't trust him? What's your next move? I ain't nothing a hold of hold let me let me guess you're gonna have him killed?
Speaker 9: Dog?
Speaker 2: What the hell can you possibly do? Can you trust him?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: You're stupid, man. We ain't answering that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you could trust him. Why did you go out there and get.
Speaker 1: In that contact? I can't get past that. It's not a church church, right?
Speaker 4: The church? What?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Billy, You're on your own, so says the colo. All right.
Speaker 11: This one is from new Mommy in Monroe, Louisiana. She says, I'm a twenty four year old mother of a two year old boy, and I'm engaged.
Speaker 1: To a man that is not my child's dad.
Speaker 11: He's planning to adopt my son and he's already talking about how he's going to discipline him. My son is at the age where he says no to everything, and he thinks it's cute. My fiance says it needs to stop now, and he needs something better than the swat on his butt that I gave him. He says he needs a leather strap on his butt. But that's a bit harsh for a.
Speaker 1: Two year old. How can I defend my baby from this.
Speaker 8: Well, I think that's a little harsh for two years, and I grew up getting the spanks, but not at two. Brother, you need to pull up and you need to talk to you, to your to your future husband about it, because obviously he has no children. Anybody talking about striking the baby at two. I'm just gonna say, you need more. You need a strap on a two year? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: You can traumatize this, but you need to sit down and have a talk with him.
Speaker 8: And I would suggest y'all probably need to go to some type of counseling about child wearing because there's so many other ways to raise children now.
Speaker 2: But I cannot.
Speaker 8: Condone a guy coming in and talking about he needs something harder than a little smat on the butt.
Speaker 2: I think I think that's dangerous. That's dangerous conversation. Is this a science ting?
Speaker 8: You need to pull up till you get a real understanding because you can't move this man in his house and he talking about the house severe he needed.
Speaker 1: It's a two year and he's going to adopt this point.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 8: I mean, I appreciate you loving him, but he's got the wrong idea of discipline.
Speaker 2: And definitely the wrong time. Two at a belt. Are you crazy?
Speaker 1: What two year old doesn't say?
Speaker 6: No, that's a terrible it's.
Speaker 1: A terrible tune.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you hey, listen to me. You should buy him those books. I forgot the name of it.
Speaker 8: Everybody used to give it out to pregnant women to show you the stages of development and a child and what to look for.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you know, like by two they should be doing this. Everybody tell you. The first they learn no in the tubes and they're starting to shape themselves about likes and digslikes and so no, it is a scientist say that, I have a problem with.
Speaker 2: What you're saying. It's not being contraary.
Speaker 11: They just all say no, that's their first little taste of independence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it, that's all it is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they can walk through. H How he messing your day up because he just said, no issue beyond me.
Speaker 1: He told me, no, he's not a good candidate to me for a husband or a daddy.
Speaker 2: Out of the question, Man.
Speaker 11: Mickey and Teenack New Jersey says, my sister hooked me up with one of her coworkers and we went out on a blind date. The date was great, and she offered to cook for our second day. I got to her house ready to eat good, and instead I was shocked by what I walked into. Her shoes were all over the entrance to her place, and cat hair was all on her kitchen seat cushions. I could see her laundry room from the kitchen and it was full of piles of dirty underwear. I told her I'd lost to my appetite and left. Now she's giving my sister grief at work, and my sister is mad at me.
Speaker 1: How is this my fault? Please help me.
Speaker 2: It ain't.
Speaker 8: I'm not dating a trifle woman. No, you nasty food all over your house? Cat hairl the thing. We all want your damn food, nop. I like eating in clean plates. Now you knew I was coming, You invited me over, and this is how your house looked. This is knowing you coming. What's going to happen when she get comfortable with you coming?
Speaker 6: Just pop up?
Speaker 2: So people normally put their best foot forward.
Speaker 8: If this is the best foot, I don't want see the other foot, and I don't give damn my sister mad at me?
Speaker 2: You date a NaSTA head?
Speaker 11: Yeah, all right, Destiny and Orlando, says, a guy I've been dating for three years thinks he's a relationship counselor because he posts videos of his life experiences and girls flock to his posts for advice. He responds to their comments and flirts with them. He says, it's all part of gaining trust, so the women will pay to see him speak. His first paid event is in two weeks in Vegas, and he hasn't invited me.
Speaker 1: Do I trust the process and let him go? Or should I buy my own ticket to Vegas?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: Look, he's your boyfriend. You didn't get invited. Secondly, why would you buy a ticket to his event? Thirdly, why would he not invite you? And fourthly, why are you trying to hang on to something that don't want to be held on?
Speaker 2: Two three years?
Speaker 8: He a dating expert, he'd be flirting. He finna go to Vegas and flirting?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 2: You up in that.
Speaker 6: Blocking you're listening.
Speaker 1: Morning show ladies and gentlemen, sister Odell.
Speaker 2: Day, Oh me bye rap a bar?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 2: Well, well, good morning is everywhere?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 14: It's my favorite holiday. It just puts me in such good chill with everyone and everything.
Speaker 11: Holly, hey, sister, Odell, Happy holidays.
Speaker 2: How you doing today, Shirley?
Speaker 11: I am doing well, sister Odell. I love the holidays. Merry Christmas to you.
Speaker 2: Go me too. And that's real sweeties. Hey boy with that high boys.
Speaker 1: Hi junior mon is this Dowdare?
Speaker 15: Stand up there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Steal up there, real high boys? You got there? Well, might as well say hi to the happiest one on the show for Christmas.
Speaker 6: Hey, Loia, Hello, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: Morning, morning mornings to everyone. So what can I do for y'all today? What did you want?
Speaker 14: Any special requests? I mean the giving holiday spirit to move well?
Speaker 1: Since Odell, First of all, I know you have.
Speaker 11: Some holiday traditions, like you know, when you open your gifts son Christmas? Or what do you do Christmas Eve? Putting up your tree, things like that, you know what, Yeah, what's your Christmas like? And then you know, if we have time, and I hope we did, you.
Speaker 14: Know most well, you know, Sweeten, most of my family separated, you know, going their own ways, and they hair chills and everything. So if I tried to see all of them, I'll just be on the plane all day. So some of us come over and you know, some time with me.
Speaker 2: I put my tree up right after Thanksgiving though.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, ma'am, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 2: So I don't actually put it up myself. I has peoples.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, really wow, I didn't know that. Well, when you get people, when I can see has people that helps me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she might need a little help.
Speaker 14: I has people that helps me, you know, like you and you the last person need to ask about who got people?
Speaker 2: Where Santa Claus gets you from.
Speaker 4: Elf?
Speaker 1: Well, do you cook anything special, sister Odell? Like a favorite?
Speaker 2: I cooked?
Speaker 14: You know, I'm really good at dressing in yams. I love dressing and yams. And I buys my turkey now already cook from honey bake. That way, I ain't got to be in there watching it. You know honey bake do it?
Speaker 11: Uh huh okay, okay, all right, Well you want to bless us with the song since you're here?
Speaker 1: I mean, I know you love Christmas songs. Love you couldn't finish I see it all.
Speaker 2: Jeez?
Speaker 1: Did you like jingle bells? Cis Jo Dell?
Speaker 14: Well, you know the original version. They changed it when white people started singing it.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? What do you mean like jingle bells? Jingle bells.
Speaker 11: That's nothing.
Speaker 2: Used to be jingle bells.
Speaker 14: Used to go like this, jangle all, jangle all, jangle.
Speaker 1: All, jangle, jingle.
Speaker 14: Lord, jangle bells, jingle bells, jangle bells, jingle all away. God said, jangle bells, jangle bells, jangle all the way.
Speaker 2: Then, you know, white folks couldn't do it, so they had to simplify, you know, to what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what's your version of the bell don't like you?
Speaker 2: You know, okay, we're just white.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just kill a show. You know that was off the red nose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's a good.
Speaker 1: Well, you know.
Speaker 14: That's really not a Christmas song because you know, every don knows rain Deer really can't fly.
Speaker 1: You know, don't tell me.
Speaker 2: You can't fly, No Rainer.
Speaker 1: Well, y'all the one lying to the kids.
Speaker 2: But what if you want me to do?
Speaker 1: We have children learning you can't.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was devastated.
Speaker 4: Well you know.
Speaker 2: It has they seen him fly?
Speaker 1: Have a heart, sister, Odell.
Speaker 2: Now, come on, this is for the kids.
Speaker 1: What about like I have a okay for the kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, so then listen to me for the kids. Just listening. This is what's happening.
Speaker 14: There's a white man that puts on the suit and gets in the sledg with twelve reindeer, and they put him all across the hood and he slams on people's roof and theyver being shot, and comes down the chimney and it fetched down everybody's chimney.
Speaker 2: Now, if you ain't got the chimney, he comes through the windows or.
Speaker 14: Under the door, and then he loves all the presents, the stuff you don't want, and that's what he is. He's just sand across and if you ain't ever got what you wanted, that pretty much explains.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: All I can say to that is thank you, sister Odell. Shit the snow hawks open you coming up next to.
Speaker 4: Laugh.
Speaker 1: You're listening Morning show, all right, Steve, please do the honors.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 8: It warms my heart, it does it now to give you that it does because it's always it never disappoints me in general. We're about to hear from the one and only Jay Rap. Jay Rap is an acronyms. Uh huh stands for Junior's raggedy Ass poems ahead.
Speaker 10: Thank you you know it is Christmas time, Shirley, uh huh, call you know. There's a story it's called the poem, is called a Christmas story. And you know this is something that parents do pretty much on Christmas Eve, and here it is go to bed. I'm talking at least a royal Fred. You heard exactly what I said. I ain't gonna tell you no more, go to bed. Sanna ain't coming by here. Don't cry, no, no, wipe your tears. Y'all heard what I said. Now what did I tell you?
Speaker 1: Kids?
Speaker 15: You told us to go to bed?
Speaker 10: Okay, Then now if I come up to them stairs, don't get scared because y'all know why I'm.
Speaker 1: Wooping, asked. Then you go to bed at d n.
Speaker 8: What there's no Christmas a love of any traumatie I've ever heard in my life that Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: Go to bed.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Sanna ain't coming.
Speaker 15: You know you can't stay up and see Sam. Kids know they can't stay up.
Speaker 2: They always I don't even want to live there, Miss will miss nothing. No, that's the story I.
Speaker 15: Got every Christmas Eve. I never go to bed.
Speaker 10: I don't want to see Sam. Hell you mean, who don't want to see the man? I said on left, he said he coming by the house. What I'm gonna go to bed. You know what's going on down there? Why did you have traumatized? You ain't never been told to go to bed on Christy, We are not traumatized. It's the kids were concerned about kids?
Speaker 1: Are they yelling? And that's what all they was saying. All they're yelling, Junior, hey, to bed?
Speaker 2: When I wake up and come downstairs the next day?
Speaker 8: Would want where is the broad about the Christmas carols and the egg nog and what is that ers and Santa Claus coming down.
Speaker 2: That what happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I ain't none of that in here. This is what I wrote.
Speaker 15: What's the wonder about how Christmas is threshed?
Speaker 2: Trying to get your ass beating?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: That's that's it there. You gotta Junior, I am traumatized, right.
Speaker 15: What you don't think that's gonna be saying on Crissy bad.
Speaker 2: Case?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why I did.
Speaker 15: The kid's gonna be Steve, you can't sit up all night long?
Speaker 2: You know why? And go away?
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Steve introduced him.
Speaker 4: He's here.
Speaker 1: Well that's wrong.
Speaker 2: You don't feel like being into Christmas?
Speaker 4: Bid is no? No, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't write happy Christmas songs, because there's enough of those.
Speaker 16: Happy, happy Christmas songs get lost in the shuffle all and dector halls.
Speaker 2: Who the hell want to hear that?
Speaker 1: Over and Lord oversat your head?
Speaker 2: Right for the sad and downtrock.
Speaker 1: Grinch off the way hit it. Hello, it's Christmas time. I'm again.
Speaker 17: I can't believe it's same Man of Soul on Chrisple.
Speaker 18: The time, just pastly bad skinning catching from a Halloween. But I have a ticket part a.
Speaker 1: Damn it's Christmas.
Speaker 19: Also prod crity people said, say, I'd ratherless week on the show.
Speaker 1: Lady please, no boy.
Speaker 18: My father to Monday and can't even.
Speaker 17: My wallet just says no way, damn It's Christmas, Shine, Christmas, long, fun Christmas, happy, pro Christmas.
Speaker 1: No hose house. You're a mean one, mister jer.
Speaker 16: Singing to somebody.
Speaker 2: Somebody refuse if you're hearing some notes.
Speaker 1: Too many happy Christmas songs out there.
Speaker 16: Every year, somebody got a Christmas album. Is happy that I'm in a I'm in the lane all by myself.
Speaker 2: Here you are.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be.
Speaker 2: Got a tree up je no.
Speaker 1: Insult.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine my house. Ain't no cheat.
Speaker 6: Especially grandchildren.
Speaker 16: You a great well that they want to see. Treat go to the other granddaddy house because.
Speaker 1: One you buy them gifts. Okay, please tell me that, Yeah, buy gifts.
Speaker 2: I bet it gives.
Speaker 1: It ain't you don't put a happy you don't put it under the tree though that it's just sitting up on the coppet.
Speaker 2: They're just sitting up on the competit. It ain't wrap.
Speaker 6: Got ay.
Speaker 2: That laptop over there, that yours. That's how j passed.
Speaker 1: That gives kill in the bag Jay with a receipt.
Speaker 2: They want to take it back. You never know, you know, one iPhone all keep myself so sad.
Speaker 15: Hey, that bike over there, that's yours. The man, no guessing nothing.
Speaker 1: You you have to do better. We're gonna we're gonna have to help you working on.
Speaker 8: Yeah, celebrate christ I'm gonna tell you right now, I have known him way along and than all y'all you can stop.
Speaker 2: It's deep in it.
Speaker 1: Have you have you ever invited him over to your house Steve for Christmas?
Speaker 4: Maybe? I don't know.
Speaker 8: Not having his unhappy ass that's my damn holiday. I'm trying to ship his old hit ass by himself.
Speaker 1: Steve, where is he gonna eat and stuff Christmas?
Speaker 8: That's why he needs to be by his damn self, no matter more, your unhappy ass at day house.
Speaker 1: You gotta eat Christmas dinner, Steve.
Speaker 2: He don't have a Christmas tree, sad, and he got diabetes. I'm not saying.
Speaker 6: Because you know he can't eat them.
Speaker 2: You know that he over here sad week ain't had Okay.
Speaker 6: It's too much, all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next is the nephew. He's got the prank phone call. Right after this, you're listening morning show.
Speaker 11: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after, it's my strawberry letter for today, and the subject is his ex wife got a real Christmas tree.
Speaker 1: Oh hell, we'll talk about.
Speaker 16: That in a few.
Speaker 11: Welcome into that in just a few, because right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call. What you got for us today, nephew.
Speaker 2: Let's see, let's see, let's see. We're gonna go deep into.
Speaker 6: Archives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking through my little folders and files. Oki, my prank index, my prank index. Alight.
Speaker 9: Right here is your wife doctor, your wife's doctor. Yeah, your wife doctor, cat dog.
Speaker 4: If you would Hello, Hello, I'm trying to get Andrea. Please. Who's calling? This is doctor Hendricks. Oh yeah, yeah, God, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Doctor?
Speaker 4: Are you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm all right, she's not she's not in right now. I want to leave a message something.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, Libra messages that you know, she came in. She had an appointment this morning, right right right, right right? Anything? Okay, everything's good, everything's good. You know I've been Andrew's gone to collegist for quite some time now, so yeah, yeah, I know, right right right, okay, Well, listen, can see if she's able to get back in tomorrow. I need to get one more.
Speaker 5: Good look at her, one one that looks everything.
Speaker 4: Okay. I just want to check a few things, you know. If I get one more good look, a good look at her, I think I'll be fine.
Speaker 5: What don't y'all do this like once or twice a year and you wanted to come right back?
Speaker 4: Is everything? Okay?
Speaker 5: Now you can tell me nice everything I ain't with my wife?
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, we greg right, yeah, what's up?
Speaker 2: Talk to me?
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not I'm not proud to tell tell anyone what's going on with her. And there's nothing really serious going on Okay, so you can relax on that part. But I just want to get one more good look at her, just to be sure, one more good looks for what doctor?
Speaker 5: If nothing serious going on?
Speaker 4: Well I think uh, I think what, Well, she'll be fine, she'll be fine, She'll be fine. Greg, Hey, man, awful with the record. I tell you something, man that H and I don't really you know, talk like this. But off the record, man, you you and I? Man, we be Uh we're the only ones, aren't we?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 4: What? You and I? We're the only ones? Aren't we the only ones?
Speaker 5: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: What are you saying? Well, you know we're the only one that's seen it? You know?
Speaker 5: Oh what what are you saying?
Speaker 4: Uh? Uh? Just just say that, you know, off the record, you and I are worthy. We're the only ones. We know, were the only ones? What? What do you?
Speaker 5: What do you?
Speaker 4: What are you saying?
Speaker 5: I'm not understanding you.
Speaker 4: What are you saying?
Speaker 5: We are the only ones?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: Well, we have you and I have something in common? I mean you and I are the only one that's that's uh, you know, basically seeing Andrea?
Speaker 5: What do you wait a minute, that's not a topic of discussion.
Speaker 4: Doc. What what are you trying to say?
Speaker 5: What are you saying about my wife?
Speaker 4: I mean she's amazing, man, I mean, uh.
Speaker 5: Whoa, whoa, whoa? Why don't need you to tell me about my wife being amazing? Doc? You lost your damn man.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just saying she looks she looks amazing.
Speaker 5: She looks amazing.
Speaker 4: I don't mean any hard about what.
Speaker 5: Whoa, whoa, whoa. You ain't supposed to be looking at her in that type fashion?
Speaker 2: Doc?
Speaker 4: What the hell is wrong with you?
Speaker 5: What type of I'm professional?
Speaker 4: Is this here?
Speaker 5: You telling my wife is amazing? You lost your damn man. I can't believe I'm getting a phone call like this.
Speaker 4: This the most unprofessionally I've ever heard. But let's keep in mind, Greg, I wasn't really calling you.
Speaker 5: I was calling her, you know, like you ain't talking to her, You talking to me, And you're gonna bring that type on the phone to me?
Speaker 15: Have you lost your mind?
Speaker 5: You told me a professional list.
Speaker 4: Is there a way you can pass the message that, oh.
Speaker 5: I ain't passing nothing to her?
Speaker 14: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: It's gonna make me do something crazy to you. I believe you called me with that type talking about my wife. Will you and I got something in common? She's amazing? Have you lost your damn mind?
Speaker 4: Sir? I didn't mean that. I didn't think what you did you did don't no, no, no, I was saying a little playful with you. I didn't think that was good.
Speaker 5: This ain't no because they don't play. What's wrong with you? We're playing? I'm not playing, don't you ever? Matter of fact, Doc, I need to see you. I need I need to see it. Have a session with you. We can talk about this year. I lost your dog on man talking about my wife amazing to you, you're the most unprofessional.
Speaker 4: I can't even go to you all these years. Was there anyone you can get her to come in so I can get one good look.
Speaker 5: At her to moll Hey, oh no, she ain't coming down to that little rated I'm coming down there. When I come down there, we oh, no, matter of fact, I'm on my way down there. How long you're gonna be there?
Speaker 4: We can straighten out. I've left the office for today. I just wanted to call and see if I could get one good look at her for the moro.
Speaker 5: No, you're gonna here with that? Wasn't more good gonna look. No, no, let me tell you one thing. She ain't coming at you no more, no more, no more? Is she coming back to see me?
Speaker 4: Wait? I don't want to lose a customer, not not like you.
Speaker 5: Ain't gonna lose a customer. I'm coming there to mam, make me an appointment. You can check my out tomorrow. You see how you like that?
Speaker 4: Sir? What that's not possible? Okay, I'm definitely gonna We don't want to lose her. If you like it, it's gonna hurt me if I lose her as a client. I don't want to miss seeing her. Don't hurt you.
Speaker 5: It ain't gonna hurt you that you lose her. It's gonna hurt you when I get there.
Speaker 4: Don't you worry about her, Greg, You've got to calm down being I was being playful and I that's done that.
Speaker 5: We too, we always be playful play I'm seeing you in the morning, first thing in the morning.
Speaker 4: Okay, what time you ten o'clock? Can I ask you something? Greg? Do you have a brother named Tyron?
Speaker 5: What they got to do with anything? What they got to do with over my brother? What they got to do with you?
Speaker 4: Okay. What I wanted to tell you is this is not doctor Hendrix. This is nephew Timmy from the Steve Allby Morning Show. Your brother Tyrann got me. The prank phone called you. I don't give a fool you.
Speaker 5: I'm coming to see you.
Speaker 4: What what? What?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 4: Hey? Greg? Greg, Greg, pull up? Take this out.
Speaker 2: Your brother Tyren.
Speaker 4: Got this is This is nephew timy man from the Steve Hallby Morning Show. Your brother Tyron got me. The prank phone called you.
Speaker 5: That's what I thought you said. Man, hold on, man, old man, let me sit out for a minute. Man, Oh my goodness, boy, you lost your dad.
Speaker 4: Hold on, you don't do it. Don't like that.
Speaker 5: Manet my wife, y'all. What my brother telling?
Speaker 4: You're gonna see tiring tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I will see him first date in the morning.
Speaker 4: In the morning. I'm by.
Speaker 5: Hell.
Speaker 4: Hey, I gotta ask you, man, what's the baddest radio show in the lanes? The see Go? Man? You're crazy to say playing I got time today?
Speaker 2: You're just I got time today?
Speaker 6: What you play?
Speaker 2: Too far?
Speaker 1: That was too far?
Speaker 5: That was too far?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well that's.
Speaker 6: What thank you.
Speaker 9: That's all I want you to say. That's all I wanted you to say that Raccord far High a piece of Nate. Happy birthday. Call it there you go.
Speaker 2: Take that.
Speaker 9: You did.
Speaker 2: That was thank you.
Speaker 9: Thank you New York, New York, Big city of dreams. Get ready baby. February the third, the nephew was coming to the n y C The City Winery. You heard what I said. Tickets are on sale right now, February third, Saturday Night, New York City. If you can make it New York, you can make it anywhere. Tickets on sale right now.
Speaker 1: All right, nephew coming up next.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 11: Strawberry letter subject his ex wife got a real Christmas tree. We'll get into that right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show, and it's time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, works, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here right now. You never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 10: All right, everybody buck up and hold on tight. It's time for the strawberry Little my friend Shirlie Straupberry.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 11: My friend Junior's subject, what happened his ex wife got a real Christmas tree is the subject of this letter for today. Dear Stephen Shirley, I'm on my second marriage and there's a issue in my marriage. My husband was married for eighteen years and he's got two daughters and joint custody of them.
Speaker 1: I have a daughter that lives with us. We've blended the family nicely.
Speaker 11: And his daughters are sweet to my daughter, but they like to remind her that their father is not her father. My husband is not good at setting boundaries for his ex wife. When we started dating, he let me know that he and his ex are friends and whatever he does for her is for his daughters. I can accept that, but when it gets to be too much, I step in to help him set boundaries. The other day, he told me that since his ex wife and the girls moved into a new house, he wanted to buy his daughters a nice Christmas tree. I was against it, but then I realized his daughter's feelings. Then I considered his daughter's feelings and I agree to it. We got a little seven foot artificial tree out of the storage room and I went and bought new ornaments. Saturday, he told me he was picking up his daughters to get a tree, and he took my daughter with them. I wasn't invited. Two hours after they left, my daughter posted a video in her Instagram story and they were shopping for a real tree. They picked a giant, beautiful, real, fluffy tree. I had assumed they would go to Walmart and buy an artificial tree. My daughter said they took the tree to his ex wife's house and he set it up for them. He set it up for them and they decorated it together. I was crushed because I decorated our fake tree alone while they were gone. My husband always justifies things by saying that his daughter shouldn't suffer because he left their mother.
Speaker 1: Does he do it out of guilt? Will his ex wife be forever a part of our family?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a sense.
Speaker 11: She may not be a part of your family, okay, but she is the mother of your husband's daughters, and those are your stepdaughters. So the ex will always be in your life somehow, Okay, as long as you know she's got the daughters and everything. You know, my issue is with you though, really, I mean, this is kind of petty. You're worried about a Christmas tree here. I think you're saying it's about that, but what it really is is that you don't want your man over there, and you don't want him over there doing stuff for them like putting up the tree. As a family. I think you're jealous when where this is concerned. But I'm telling you don't be insecure. Because he still wants to spend time with his daughters. That means he's a good dad. Okay, He's right. He left their mom, not his kids, so he wants to continue to show up in their life for them as their father.
Speaker 1: He and the ex don't have anything going on.
Speaker 11: I mean, if you guys can afford it, why don't you You know, if there's something wrong with your tree, why don't you and your husband and the girls go out and get a tree. You didn't have to stay there and decorate the tree by yourself. You could have waited until they came home and you guys could have done it together.
Speaker 1: You know, he just went with the girls to get a new tree.
Speaker 11: You need to talk to him if you have a problem with how he's moving right now, but he sounds like a father who's just trying to do the right thing to me. As crazy as that all seems, it sounds. Yeah, I don't have a problem with this, Steve.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a twofold situation. In my eyes.
Speaker 8: He's being a good dad and he's being punished for that. But he's doing it, and he's making a couple of mistakes the way he's doing it. You know, first of all, when y'all this is both of y'all second marriage, he set this whole thing up by.
Speaker 2: Telling you that, you know, look, but I'm gonna do stuff.
Speaker 8: With a daughter, and I'm gonna do stuff for my daughter, and I'm gonna do stuff for her, but the reason I'm doing it for her is for my daughter. He set all of this up with you in the beginning because he's active in their life, as he should be. Now you all say, you all have blended the family together nicely, But the daughters are sweet to your daughter, but they always remind her that ain't your daddy.
Speaker 2: They do that. Kids gonna be kids, They gonna jockey for position.
Speaker 8: Your husband is not good with setting boundaries for his ex wife and his ex wife is flexing because she has two kids with him, and she's taking advantage of it. Now, let's get to the whole thing about what this letter is about. His ex got a real Christmas tree. First of all, when he picked up the daughter, when he picked up his two daughters, and he took your daughter. He took your daughter, which is his daughter, which is to with his biological daughters, because he wanted to get them a tree because they had moved into a new house. Well, now here the problem you made though when you took your daughter from your new wife with you, and she posted it on a story. So I'm assuming that these might these might be teenage kids if they can post on stories and stuff.
Speaker 11: Wait a minute, what did you say? Wait, say that one more time, Steve, about the daughters. What just I just wanted you to say.
Speaker 1: That one more time?
Speaker 11: What you said about the daughters. He has two daughters with his ex. He has two daughters with his ex, and then the wife had a daughter. The new wife has a second wife has a daughter.
Speaker 8: Okay, but see, and that's his daughter. Oh he has three daughters. Now, yeah, right right, separate them. If you separate them, they will help.
Speaker 2: You separate that. Yes, yeah, maybe that's what the deal is.
Speaker 8: When I come back, I'm gonna tell you the mistake he's making with this. He's a great dad, but he's making a mistakes.
Speaker 6: All Right.
Speaker 11: We'll have part two of Steve's response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry letter subject is his ex wife got a real Christmas tree. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening hard Morning show. All right, Steve, come on, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject his ex wife got a real Christmas tree.
Speaker 2: Okay, So on the break, I read this letter again. This marriage.
Speaker 8: This man was married to this woman for eighteen years and they got two daughters. His ex wife was married eighteen years and they got two daughters. So I'm going to assume that these two daughters are teenager, yeah, because they got Instagram and they posted stories.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 8: She the woman he's married to now, who's writing this letter. She has a daughter from her previous marriage. I don't know how she is, but they treat her nicely, but they do remind her that he's not your real daddy. That's our real daddy. But they treat her nicely, and you all have been and they're sweet to the girl.
Speaker 2: Okay. Cool, So we got that out the way.
Speaker 8: Now the man's this up by telling you, listen, I'm gonna do some things for my wife, my ex wife, because we're friends, but everything I do first because of the daughters. You're okay with that. Now let's get to what the problem is. It's a Christmas tree. He the ex wife and the two daughters that moved into a new house. He wants to get them a nice tree for their house for Christmas. Okay, So he takes your daughter, which is his daughter from this marriage, Christmas tree shopping with his daughters from his previous marriage, and he goes and buys them a real Christmas tree, big old fluffy tree. You'd have went to the storage room and went out there and got that little ragged ass Sears tree seven feet call in the box, man, that's in the box.
Speaker 2: That you've been putting up for years. And so now.
Speaker 8: You bought some ornaments for the treat, some new ornaments. They went tree shopping. You look on Instagram, your daughter that posted they bought a tree. They take the tree to his ex wife's house where his daughters live. They set the tree up and they all decorated. Now, you said earlier they went Christmas tree shopping and you weren't invited. Okay, it was just him and the girls. So that's cool because the tree is for the girls. But it's at the ex wife's house. I mean, that's what he said. So in a way, this would be cool. Here's the mistake he's making. You got to not make them kids feel and see a difference. You've got to go above and beyond in treating them the same. And even this is not your stepdaughter, this is your daughter. If the daughters get a real tree, everybody get a real tree. See, he should have bought two real trees, is what he should have did. Because you can't make the quote unquote step daughter feel step See.
Speaker 2: The reason we never used the word.
Speaker 8: Step in our family was because when you say step child, it's usually like a step down, and it's like a step down from the level that the regular children on. That's why we never used that term. So now, but you can't let them see or feel the difference. Now, if his daughter's got a big fluffy Christmas tree, he should have got a big Christmas tree at his house too. That's the mistake he made. Yes, that would that that would have cleared this whole thing up. And bruh, that's all you got to do. Everybody got to get equal and like treatment period. And you can't have your new wife feeling some kind of way because you're doing all this extra stuff for your ex wife, because that's how she looking at that too. Oh, she got a tree, and y'all all decorate the tree together. I didn't know you was gonna go over there and put it up and decorate it together. I wanted to surprise y'all when you came home. Y'all come home late. I done decorated the tree by myself, and y'all ass was over there having family time.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 8: You see why she said? You see now she gonna be upset about that dog. And this is your mom because you gotta do everything equal. If you're over there having hot chocolate, you got to come home have hot chold. You'd bought the Voka pound cake from Nama Marcus over there, you got to come in your house with the Voka pound cake. Okay, you know see that's what you gotta do now, bro, that's the mistake you make and you've got to sit your husband down and say, hey, listen, we can't feel like with second class citizens when it comes to special events, while your ex and your biological children get all the perpse. So I think that's unfair. So you can do whatever you want to do for them. I'm not stopping you, but you needed to start doing the same thing over here. See that real big fluffy treat that was beautiful, but that would look good in this house too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they should get one, you see.
Speaker 2: Because they had a new house. He feels like they should get a new treat. Well. Well, well, and you got to get to everybody else a new tree.
Speaker 11: Though, something a thought came to my head because a lot of mothers have mom guilt.
Speaker 1: Do dads have dad guilt as well? Is that what he's dealing with? Dad guilt as well?
Speaker 8: Yeah, because he said in the letter they can't pay because I left their.
Speaker 1: Mother right right, left their mother, not them.
Speaker 2: See. But then also now the you gotta be careful of the Disney dad.
Speaker 1: Syndrome too, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: See when you do.
Speaker 8: See the kids, you can't be Disney Dad. And then all of a sudden you go home to your family ain't no Disney, right, it's just the old tree.
Speaker 2: You got Disney dad mode all the way round board, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right.
Speaker 11: Post your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter at Steve HARBFM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on demand you're listening.
Speaker 1: Hard Morning show.
Speaker 11: According to new research, one in five Americans are planning on giving someone a take the hint gift this year. A new survey of two thousand Americans found that hint gifts are a pretty common practice, with one in three respondents saying they've given at least one in the past year or so or in the past period. And who is a person in our life most likely to give us one of these hint gifts? Well, research shows it's our own partner.
Speaker 2: So we'll calling you.
Speaker 1: Tosh for running shows.
Speaker 2: But you know what, don't call it.
Speaker 8: I think it's cool though, because dudes, we different. You know, if that's what we won't, then I think it's cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, Tasha is real cool. You know, he's real laid back.
Speaker 11: He'sai how baking him some running shoes and you know, get in here do your wifely duties.
Speaker 1: He'll say something like yeah, well, I mean yeah, like in the.
Speaker 8: Hood when you just see them shoes hanging over the over the telephone fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I didn't want to.
Speaker 11: The most popular hit gift Americans give is deodorant what or cologne?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Self help books Yeah, wows more than take a hand.
Speaker 11: The most popular most popular gift is self help books.
Speaker 20: They ord real high. Also on the list were cookbooks. No, I did not don't get one this year.
Speaker 11: Society equipment Carla at Socise Equipments, and biker I know, razors, toothpaste, cleaning supplies, and even breath mints.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, So Steven and h Junior and Tommy.
Speaker 11: If you guys had to give someone to take a hit gift, who would it be and what would it be?
Speaker 10: Like my sister getting every job application pamp it I can find, Oh it just got since she can't talk about they can't find the world I see now hid every day I will.
Speaker 8: Think, I think we just saw the best take a hit gift. If I pick you up to go shopping and I put your ass in the back seat because my I got another fine chicken in the front, that's about a bigger.
Speaker 2: Hit gift you can get.
Speaker 6: What about you now, my auntie.
Speaker 1: Is she listening?
Speaker 2: I don't think she listening.
Speaker 6: I heard a nice perm box, a nice perm.
Speaker 2: Damn it. Let this sit for at least twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: All right, lookyboy, can't win natural hair? Aybody can't do that.
Speaker 2: More something that they can.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, more ignorant. More Shenanigan's coming up right after this. You're listening hard morning show Time now for Comedy Roulette, And let me just apologize to the one parent out there that's upset with me. It has something to do with Santa Claus and our last comedy Roulette. That's all I'm gonna say. So I won't get in more trouble, but sorry about that.
Speaker 2: It's not your fault. It's not your fault.
Speaker 1: It's your fault. Jay, You wrote it.
Speaker 6: So let's move.
Speaker 1: Bring it because I wanted to apologize. Yeah, and I knew it when I said it, when it came out of my mouth.
Speaker 6: All right, here we go.
Speaker 16: Today started again because now they're going, what about Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: Didn't make it worse. I didn't make it worse. Yeah, you guys, just pay attention. Today's categories are.
Speaker 2: Attention.
Speaker 1: Things you say to stay pat your attention. We went to school, surely, Oh there's that.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Things you say, things you say to stay.
Speaker 11: Out of an argument. That's why jacked up directions people give you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, a lot.
Speaker 11: Of those, right, And then stupid conversations people come up with to keep you on the phone.
Speaker 1: All right, let's spin the wheel.
Speaker 2: Spun it spunny, spun it around?
Speaker 1: Which one landed on? What guys in landed on?
Speaker 11: Stupid conversations people come up with to keep you on the phone.
Speaker 16: Let go comedy, Yeah, it was a comedy roulette. Stupid conversations people come up with to keep you on the phone. Before you go, Did I tell you big Mama's win an eyepatch?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Did I?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You had to say that.
Speaker 10: Stupid stupid conversations people say to keep you on the phone.
Speaker 15: When you heard off the grid had a spleen removed, he going vegan? Now did I tell you that?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What is the world?
Speaker 15: It is this splee and going vegan? Got to do anything?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Now you know, Uh, stupid conversations people come up with to keep you on the phone. Now you know Gary's sister's husband's niece's boyfriend went to.
Speaker 2: Jail for stealing money out of the collection.
Speaker 6: Play at the church.
Speaker 2: You know that, don't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Gary's sister's husbands boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's another thirty minutes, right, Yeah, you got to figure out who that is.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I see stupid conversations people come up with to keep you on the phone.
Speaker 2: I gotta go down.
Speaker 8: Well, no, about a leaf blow the other day, don't huh, I'll tell you. You want to hear it now, hold on right.
Speaker 2: There, let me go kid it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, people come up with to keep you on the phone. You know, I'm looking at the window right now, and my right tire is out of air. I'm gonna have to go out there and put it air, right tire, it's going flat.
Speaker 6: You got their.
Speaker 10: Stupid conversation people say to keep you on the phone. Hey, before you go listen, did I tell you my plants were stolen? They were dead?
Speaker 1: Yestere that they't going this morning.
Speaker 15: I don't even know who's taking plants out the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: That's fifteen more minutes right there.
Speaker 9: Stupid conversations people come up with to keep you on the phone. Hey, you go listen. You know, then white folks come out here looking for you. Yesterday I'm gonna deal with some kind of investigation. I just want to let you know, folks, get out of the phone.
Speaker 1: That's a good hour right there. Yeah, yeah, all right, Steve closed it out. Stupid conversations people come up with to keep you on the phone.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 8: When I was little, my mamah made me learn the ABC's backward. Can you do it now?
Speaker 4: Try?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, me go ahead, try a right.
Speaker 11: Coming up trending stories on the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: We'll be back in twenty minutes after the hour. Right after this, you're listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 11: So, along with fastening your seat belt and placing your seat in an upright position, flight crews always ask us to put our cell phones in airplane mode before takeoff. Well, come to find out, only forty percent of passengers actually do it. The FAA believes that cell phones may interfere with the cockpit take off, during takeoff and landing, but there are no.
Speaker 1: Real studies to prove if this is true or not.
Speaker 11: So Steve, I got to ask you, do you do you put your cell phone in airplane mode on your jet?
Speaker 4: Do you do that?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 8: No, I don't put my phone on airplane mode on commercial flight.
Speaker 2: I'm part of the problem.
Speaker 6: You are part of the problem.
Speaker 2: Why not let everybody else put theirs on airplane mode?
Speaker 1: And they did and we do, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something that is happening. I got to be able to call somebody.
Speaker 8: Yeah no, you know, seriously, like Okay, for example, let's say an incident breaks out on the plane. Let's say somebody is up there doing something illegal. I need to call the police, somebody.
Speaker 2: You ain't got no service up there. Boy, you can't see. You can't come from up well.
Speaker 21: Private different private private jet five guh all right, all right, rule breakers, Steve uh coming up.
Speaker 11: We'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, Steve, please do the honors.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 8: It warms my heart, it does it now to give you this. It does because it's always It never disappoints me.
Speaker 11: General.
Speaker 8: We're about to hear from the one and only Jay Rap. Jay Rap is a aqunym uh huh. Stairs for Junior's Raggedy Ass Poems ahead, thank you.
Speaker 15: You know it is Christmas time, Shirley, Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Tom called.
Speaker 10: You know there's a story it's called the poem, is called a Christmas story. And you know this is something that parents do pretty much on Christmas Eve, and here it.
Speaker 18: Is go to bed.
Speaker 10: I'm talking at least a royal friend. I heard exactly what I said. I ain't gonna tell you no more.
Speaker 1: Go to bed.
Speaker 10: Santa ain't coming by here. Don't cry, no, no, wipe your tears. Don't heard what I said? Now, what did I tell you?
Speaker 18: Kids?
Speaker 15: You told us to go to bed?
Speaker 10: Okay, Then now if I come up to them stairs, don't get scared because y'all know why I'm wooping, asked.
Speaker 1: Then you go to bed at the end.
Speaker 8: What there's no Christmas a love of any traumatie I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 1: That's Christmas Eve.
Speaker 3: Go to bed.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Santa ain't coming.
Speaker 15: You know you can't stay up to see Santa. Kids know they can't stay up.
Speaker 10: They always I don't even want to live there. We miss we miss nothing. No, that's the story I got every Christmas Eve.
Speaker 1: I never go to it.
Speaker 10: I don't want to see Sam. Hell, you mean, who don't want to see the man? I said on the left, he said he's coming by the house. What I'm what, I'm gonna go to bed? You know what's going on down there? Why did you have traumatized? You ain't never been told to go to bed on Cristzi.
Speaker 2: We are not traumatized. It's the kids were concerned about.
Speaker 13: The kids are yelling and that's what all they was saying. All they yelling, Junior, Hey, hey, go to bed.
Speaker 2: When I wake up and come downstairs the next day.
Speaker 8: Where is the broyhim about the Christmas carols and.
Speaker 1: The egg dog and what is that?
Speaker 2: Rains and Santa Claus coming down? That that what happened.
Speaker 15: I ain't none of that in here.
Speaker 1: This is what I wrote.
Speaker 15: That's the wonder about how Christmas is threshing?
Speaker 2: Run to get your ass beat down.
Speaker 1: That's that's it. There, You got them, Junior, I am traumatized.
Speaker 10: What you gonna think that's gonna be saying? On criticized castle. Yeah, Steve, you know you can't sit up all night long?
Speaker 2: You know why? And go away?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 11: Coming up our last break of the day and some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey.
Speaker 1: Right after this, we'll be back at forty nine after you're.
Speaker 11: Listening Harvey Morning Show all right, here we are our last break of the day.
Speaker 1: It's been a good day. Huh good day. Yeah, yeah day, Yeah, good day.
Speaker 11: And the only thing that will make it better is you. Steve Harvey with some closing remarks, what do you have for us today?
Speaker 8: Well, you know, I kind of wanted to share something with you all that I was doing my meditation. I was reading this morning and it hit me because I've often said, you know, after show or something, I was just you know, sometimes I just try to say some positive people. And one time I was talking after the show and I told people, I said, you know, there's a scripture that quotes something to this effect that God comes to give you life and give you life more abundantly.
Speaker 2: And so I said, that's what began.
Speaker 8: The process of me asking for my abundance was because of this scripture. And I just don't think this is just my walk with him, that as a Christian or a believer or a person of faith, that you should have to struggle through everything. You're going to have challenges, You're going to have struggles, but in every aspect of your life. I mean, come on, something has to change for you. And so in this scripture, it was saying that he comes to give you life and give you life more abundantly. I always thought that the abundance that he was talking about was material things, financial, blessings, you know, things of that nature. But I've learned recently through my studies that he comes to give you abundant life does not just mean things. It means peace of mind. It means awareness of all his goodness.
Speaker 2: It means not.
Speaker 8: Worrying about tomorrow or having regrets about the past, which issues out a lot of a lot of wasted energy. It means things like that that he's present in your life, that you're aware of all the good things, that your eyes are open to all he's done for you. And the big part of it is that he gives you your daily bread, that today is a very very special day, and because it's unlike any other day you've ever had, and He's given you a new day. So when it comes to talking about an abundant life, I had to stop thinking that it was just talking about things or money and objects, innate objects, that really he's talking about an abundant life through having a peace of mind, to having a realization that you have a companion who is not only your friend, but he's also your king, you know, your sovereign lord. That's what he means by abundant life, that you come to the realization.
Speaker 2: That you're not alone in this matter.
Speaker 8: You come to the understanding that you have a very present help if you just invited me in that can help you deal, cope, handle, and understand anything that happens in your life. That's what I came to the conclusion that having a life and having life more abundantly stood for. And once I came to this realization, it opened up a whole nother way of thinking for me, because it's it's just an amazing thing when you understand that you can have a say so in today and all you have to do is worry about today. I mean, concern yourself with today's matters and don't worry about tomorrow, and don't show no regrets for the past, and you can have a life of abundance because you will now be living in the moment, in the presence, and you'll have his presence because you invited it me in even closer. That's what I learned about the abundant life, that it doesn't just mean monetary or physical things that it actually means peace of mind, presence, a very present help in the time of trouble, a relationship, someone who gets it, who's always there. That's what that means. And that's what I wanted you all to think about today. So when you ask God to give you life and he promised to give you life and give it to you more abundantly, think about what the whole abundant thing is really about. Sent a lot of time thinking it was just a reference to finances or money or you know, it's not. It's so much more. And today I had an abundant life because today I didn't worry about tomorrow and today, because that's burdening yourself with something you can't do nothing about.
Speaker 2: And I didn't wear half only no regrets for my former life, Tada.
Speaker 8: I had an abundant day today and it caused me to realize, really, man, you bless you got an abundant life.
Speaker 2: That's what I wanted to share with you. Those my clothing remarks today. Wow, See I got a little time on the back end, but that's what I realized. I just wanted to share that with you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, great, because when you do. When I first heard it, I thought the same thing with you're you know me too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really did.
Speaker 8: I was convinced that what it was. But I was doing my meditation this morning and I was reading this section that explains a lot of stuff, and I said, wait a minute, minute, No, abundant life is. He gives you a peace of mind for today. He gives you awareness of His presence for today, and therefore it gives you a total and then it causes you to be grateful for what you have today, and it opens up your eyes to everything that's happening in your world right now. Because by worrying, I watch this, surely, Luke twelve and twenty five. What by worrying, Luke twelve and twenty five, by worrying, you cannot add one hour to you?
Speaker 2: So by not being able to do that?
Speaker 6: Yes, all right, to be with Kanye and go ahead.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that ministry.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 15: Hey, you know what, how much height do you get with a thirteen thousand dollars tree?
Speaker 1: How big is that?
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty feet? Easy boy, you gotta have you gotta have really tall seals.
Speaker 1: Take us out, Steve.
Speaker 2: And gentlemen, Oh my god, love you bye.
Speaker 11: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void were prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show