Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod, which Teddy Mellencamp and Cam Ridge edge.
Speaker 2: All right, hello, good morning to our two Teas and a Pod flashback subscribers. We are happy to bring you another pod and it's just me and Tam recapping from the beginning on.
Speaker 3: But we go back in time to the first season of Orange County Housewives and we break it down for you and bring in some pretty special guests.
Speaker 2: It's going to be incredible. Of course, we're going to give our hot takes and our opinion.
Speaker 3: Yes, wow, we're wearing our skytops.
Speaker 4: By the way, what can you send me a skytop? I don't have an episode.
Speaker 3: I don't have one, but I uh, probably about six months ago, went to you know, thrifty with Sophia of course, which I call the good Will right, and there was a knockoff skytop shirt and she's like, oh my god, Mom, I really like this because she's really into the nineties or she was at that time. So we bought it and so I text her today at school. I'm like, hey, where's that skytop? She goes, what's a skytop? And I'm like, so I show her a picture. She goes, Mom, that was so six months ago.
Speaker 2: You're like, of course, I got Also, so what year was your Skytop confessional?
Speaker 3: And it was two thousand and six, so it wasn't the nineties. It was the two thousands, so I want to say two thousand and seven maybe because.
Speaker 4: The nineties was also like Abercrombie, like striped shirts, horizonal.
Speaker 3: Oh thousand percent. Like did you ever go to sky on Robertson the store.
Speaker 2: Probably yeah, yes, because the statement necklaces were a part of the shirt.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was all connected.
Speaker 4: I heard stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I remember were doing press in La and I was with Gina and Kara and Vicki and we went to sky and Robinson was my probably one of my first experience with paparazzi. So I'll send you the picture. I was in a sky jumpsuit.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sure you were looking. Rett. I would go.
Speaker 3: Looking at myself in the mirror, and the paparazzi got me.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, and they got me after I called them and then sent them an.
Speaker 4: EMAILT And I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: Oh you know how they hang out over there by the now Robertson.
Speaker 2: That was actually my one of my first jobs out here. I was it was called a celebrity cedar. So what you did was see called a hostess no cedar like see d E R.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I worked for a couple of different stores on Robertson and one called Intuition, And what we would do is we would bring celebrities into the store. We would give them free items in exchange for pictures for pictures, and then we'd call X seventeen that was actually.
Speaker 3: Had to take those pictures on your digital camera.
Speaker 4: No, we would call the paparazzi and they were waiting and like Jessica Simpson would go out and then I would make sure the pap arrozzi got a picture of her and the bag that wasn't selling, and then that's the photo I would send us weekly and like it and then everybody needed that bag. Yep.
Speaker 2: So that's I mean, remember when everybody had those plastic versions of the burkins, Like they still have them, don't they They're still there, but like there it was really like a like a croc version where they're a.
Speaker 4: Rubbery they're they're clear rubbery, but they have like all the same like gold and well.
Speaker 2: Anyways, those were very very popular, and that was because I gifted it to all I mean I remember when I got Julia Roberts to carry that damn bag, and I was like, listen, I can quit now.
Speaker 4: I've I've done my dude diling.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've been early in her career shanking and carrying nothing for picture for now free.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, that's that's pretty much. Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, we went back in time and it was I opening to watch the first two episodes of Orange County first season. Obviously I was not on season one or two, so I'm enjoying it because I'm not on it and I have to see myself. But what a difference.
Speaker 4: Hold on? What about the quality of that's why were we even break down the women? The production? It was like dark dark. It was hard for me to see the people.
Speaker 3: I think, I like that. Can we film like that the rest of the season next year?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Also, just the fact of like how kid centric it was was so beyond well.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of teens and there was troubled teens on the first couple of seasons.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I think the way that we should start before we get into episode one and two. And just so you guys know, our second podcast will be with Joe Delarosa who was one of the women on the first two seasons, and we're going to talk.
Speaker 3: To her about her maid's outfit, about her juicy couture track suit she was wearing.
Speaker 4: And about your best friend Slade.
Speaker 3: And then Slade. Yeah, yeah, you know, I'm making seven figures in my thirties.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, what I could die.
Speaker 2: I remember thinking those hummers were hot. Okay, So all right, well, guys, I might not have all the women's names pronounced correctly, so if I mess anybody up, I'm going to give a little there on town who each woman is, and then I want you to give their taglines.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: So the first one is Gina Keo.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: He's married to Matt Yeah, three kids, Shane, Kara, and Colton. She's a real estate agent and former Playboy playmate. Her husband was a pro baseball player, and she's obsessed with the genetics of her family.
Speaker 3: She was and a little backstory on Matt Keo. He was professional baseball player. He was injured while playing. He took a line drive to his temple. I believe, Oh my god, and god, I want to say he had brain damage. So he was he could no longer play he was. It was a sad situation, totally changed who he was, his personality. He has passed, so I was no. He has passed on, just recently. A couple of years ago he passed.
Speaker 4: Were they married until he passed on.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they were still married, but I know that Gina always protected him even though they weren't together, and supported him and had him living in the house even though they weren't even together. She was a very good ex wife to him, for sure. Gina was on season one through five, then a friend on season six, and her tagline was it's just money, you can't take it with you. And I want to say the taglines in the early seasons were things that you basically said on the show.
Speaker 4: Oh, so they just recycle.
Speaker 3: They recycle like it's just money.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's actually kind of clever idea because then it's true to something you would actually really say, right, all right.
Speaker 4: So the next one is, of course my favorite.
Speaker 2: Vicki Gunfeldsen, married to Don, two kids, Brianna and Michael. She runs her own life insurance agency out of her house. She's Type A and high energy.
Speaker 3: So Vicky Gummelson housewife season one through thirteen, Friend season fourteen and seventeen, and her tagline was, I don't want to get old.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 3: That's it, that's it. I don't want to get old.
Speaker 4: And oh see, no one gets old. I mean the fact that I know they're that sure, that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: I'm serious. It was just something that they had said. And if I'm not mistaken, we have to ask I don't even know if Evolution produced. Can somebody look that up?
Speaker 4: See, well, why don't we ask you? We got it?
Speaker 2: We have to ask Joe because I originally this wasn't even supposed to be a housewife show.
Speaker 4: But then why is.
Speaker 3: To be called behind the gates?
Speaker 2: But then she also says, you know, Vicky's constantly I'm the OG of the o C.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, so in the very beginning, Scott Dunlap was the creator of the show. He created it. It was very like what you saw I think is what he you know his I think it was his production company that filmed that, and very simple just about their lives.
Speaker 4: Well, well they're all very What I did realize is they're all very separate, Like it's not now.
Speaker 3: I came in season three and screwed that up.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, all right, Well, the next one is Kimberly Bryant, married to Scott, two kids, Bianca and Travis. A lot of information about her breast and plans. She went to a d cup, thinks she's a trophy wife, loves working out, being active, and hanging with her girlfriends.
Speaker 3: So Kimberly Bryant, what I remember about her? She actually was diagnosed with skin cancer on the show. She was on for season one and then they moved, so her tagline was eighty five percent of the women around here have had brest implants. Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: The next one Laurie Peterson. Divorced three kids, Ashley, Josh, and Sophie. Laurie had to downsize to an under two thousand square foot home and has started working for Vicki. Her oldest daughter, Ashley, moves back in with her after trying it out in LA. Her son Josh is in the seventh grade and dealing with drugs and alcohol issues.
Speaker 4: Oh that made me so sad. I know.
Speaker 3: I think Laurie probably has one of the most realist RUSS seasons, the first coming right out of the gate, like the episode two. Her son goes, juvenile hall, I mean, very sad.
Speaker 4: She was on.
Speaker 3: Laurie was on from season one to four. She was a friend season eight and her tagline was are the police involved?
Speaker 4: These one liners?
Speaker 3: I mean and if you remember, I think she was on the phone when she was talking to the school when they called at Vicky's home office and she goes, was the police involved?
Speaker 4: And that ended up being her down that's true? Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: Then Joe Delarosa, who will have on in the next episode. She was engaged to Slade Smiley, who now is with Gretchen. My guess we're gonna go girls trip if they're actually married.
Speaker 3: They're not. And also also he dated Laurie.
Speaker 2: He dated Laurie what I just talked about. Yep, after Joe or before Joe. It was after Joe Okay on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it was in between seasons. I can't remember. We'll see it.
Speaker 4: Happens, all right.
Speaker 2: Joe Delarosa, she's engaged in Slade. No kids of her own. Slade had two, Gavin and Grayson. She worked in insurance until meeting Slade and becoming solely a stay at home wife. She is lonely and looking to have fun while she's still young.
Speaker 3: I think she was actually in real estate. We'll have to clarify that. I'm not sure if I don't think it was insurance, but we'll ask her. Joe was on season one and two and then she came back season three for a party.
Speaker 4: Okay, so when did she break up? We'll ask her all those questions.
Speaker 3: I think after season two she broke up with Slade, and so her tagline was He's pretty much keeping me. He's pretty much he couldn't keep you.
Speaker 4: Now, well not anymore.
Speaker 3: Those seven figures ain't happening anymore.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking the seven figures, I was like, you're making seven figures, but you couldn't afford to get a tailor.
Speaker 4: What is with the suits? I know they were so they were so I.
Speaker 2: Felt very uncomfortable seeing them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was pretty bad.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's dig into season one and episodes one and two of the Real Housewives of Orange County. Real Housewives of Orange County Season one, Episode one is Meet the Wives. It premiered March twenty first, two thousand and six. Shane is nervous about high school graduation and the pressure of making it big in baseball as his father did. Kimberly discusses the option of getting breast in plants, and Joe begins to deal with being engaged to an older, richer man.
Speaker 3: And episode two is called is it Hunting Season Yet? Air date March twenty eighth, two thousand and six. Shane is hired by Joe to hunt rabbits that are invading the neighborhood, Kimberly is being pressured into up reading her car, and Vicki gets pretty wild on a cruise.
Speaker 2: The episode starts where Gina takes her daughter Kara to look for a new car because her hand me down Mercedes had a broken buttons. If Slade didn't want a car we were giving her because it had a broken button, she'd be driving.
Speaker 3: A Hot Wheels to school or jogging jogging. Yeah, I mean, I mean, I have no words. I have no words.
Speaker 4: Do you think she was playing it up a little bit? All of that?
Speaker 3: I think the entire show was played up. The fact that Slade kept saying, well, I've made seven figures by in my thirties, and Gina's saying like she's showing a house and the next thing you know, her client is writing out a check doesn't work like that.
Speaker 4: You don't write it.
Speaker 3: You have to make an offer first and see if they accept it before you're writing a check. So I'm like, how it works. What kind of car did you have when you were sixteen?
Speaker 4: I've had. I had the Grimlin and then I had the Dots And yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean granted my kids, I bet we'll probably get one of our current cars. So they will, Yeah, they'll be a hammy, they'll probably have a broken button.
Speaker 3: Hey, like I said, I would not go over thirty thousand dollars of by Sophia car And granted it is brand new and paid off, but that's what she got.
Speaker 4: Well, the best thing anyone ever taught me.
Speaker 2: Granted I don't drive now, but as a kid was My mom forced me to learn on a stick before I learned how to drive automatic me too, so I actually know how to drive a stick so shocking.
Speaker 3: That's going to help us when we're finally on Amazing Race.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when they decide they want us for real lifetime.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So the early seasons and children played a heavy part in the show. The show was like the Hills. They even talked about early seasons that they wanted to make a spinoff of Just the Kids, the real Kids of Orange County, but it never never happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Because then we get to Joe. She's twenty four years old. She talks about how Slade wants her to stay at home instead of work. Do you think it's possible for a twenty four year old to happily be a stay at home wife?
Speaker 3: No, she's twenty four. This is the thing. When I watched it, I'm like, Okay, is this bullshit? Because I felt that like there was a lot of made up stuff to make them look like they were very fancy and very rich, you know, And obviously Gina and Vicki had really big houses, but the rest of the girls did not. But the way they were talking, they were so over the top. Why did we need to ask her? Why did she not? Why did she get rid of her job?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's write these down, guys, so that we continue to remember all the things that we need to break down with her, because it was confusing to me. Also, if she just was out the whole time, just partying, and he's like trying to keep her home.
Speaker 3: How about when she called, She's like, I'll be home soon.
Speaker 4: What is it he's looking cigarettes.
Speaker 3: She's like, no, it was three. Yeah. Andy had said that Joe is one the housewives who got away too quickly.
Speaker 2: I actually agree because I think she seems like she didn't give an half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we'll make those.
Speaker 3: And then she moved to la and she kind of got out of the public life style and got married.
Speaker 2: Well, then we get to Vicky. Vicky brings Brianna to the salon to get ready for prom. She has to talk with her about not drinking and having sex because Vicky was a young mom and wants more for Brianna.
Speaker 4: Question, did you have sex on Prom night? Yeah? I don't think I had sex at prom. Ever, I'm trying to think, Well, my prom date was Ryan's dad. Oh my gosh. Okay, yeah, I don't know that I ever. I mean, I was having s by the time of my last prom, but I don't know that I had sex Prom night.
Speaker 3: How old were you when you had sex for the first time.
Speaker 4: I was in the tenth grade, So however old you are in that grade?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: And but I mean I don't even really know. It was like, I think I was sixteen.
Speaker 3: I think I could drive you were you were riding boys before you can drive a car.
Speaker 4: No, you can. You get your license at fifteen and so.
Speaker 3: Oh you gave her mid at fifteen and a half.
Speaker 2: Don't you know in South Carolina you could drive till eight pm when you were fifteen.
Speaker 4: Oh on, you're on because because in South Carolina you may need to have it to drive the tractor on the farm.
Speaker 3: Earlier, I would imagine there were some long one way roads and nothing's going on.
Speaker 4: Hi. I think it was seventy five. I forget what it was.
Speaker 3: Would you ever film the scene with Slate saying talking to her about sex?
Speaker 2: I don't know what she exactly because Slade, I know, I keep getting the too confused, but I tend four years.
Speaker 4: I mean, we.
Speaker 2: Definitely talk about I want my kids to feel comfort to talk to me if they have crushes, if they have whatever.
Speaker 4: But I want I don't know about TV for the first conversation about it.
Speaker 3: I hope I'm like that with my kids. My kid's a little bit shyer than I ever was, except for Ryan was very open. Very You'd be like, hey, mom, come in here, look is this a frock ale on my balls? And I'm like, oh my god, stop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, You're like, uh, well, they do say that TV changes people, but to me, it seems like Vicky, other than her face, is exactly the same because she's still micromanaging the hairstyck ucky.
Speaker 3: Correctly at all, I know she is exactly the same housewife as she was when she stepped out of the scene last year or two years ago. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: I mean, watching that, I was like, oh my god, she I mean, she is at least exactly who she is.
Speaker 3: Oh. She doesn't change for anybody. And that's why I say, like, Vicky will fit. She obviously filmed with us this season. I'm like, it's like your first time filming. She just doesn't get it, which is good, which is really good. Like, she doesn't It's like she's one of those housewives it doesn't think ten steps ahead, which makes her amazing TV.
Speaker 2: Well, then Vicky hires Laurie to work for her because she just got divorced and Laurie had to move from her big house to the townhouse with her kids.
Speaker 4: Could you work for Vicky?
Speaker 3: Hell no, yeah, no, I could never work for Vicky.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. Okay.
Speaker 2: Then we get to Slade telling Joe that he is uneasy with the fact that she goes out with her friends all the time.
Speaker 4: What do you expect when you get with somebody that's twenty four years old?
Speaker 3: How old was he thirty five? I don't know, because you know, he lies about his age. So whenever you see like an article or something that you know that he put out, it'll say Slade forty eight. I'm like, wait, but you no, you're well into.
Speaker 4: Your fifties, well in your fifties. I mean he's got to be forty eight. I mean Edwin's only.
Speaker 3: Well, his number don't add up.
Speaker 4: Ever, it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: I lie about your age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, but I still But between that and the kids and then Gina saying look at that genetics.
Speaker 3: How nasty were Gina's kids to her?
Speaker 4: I mean that's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: It was like, listen, I'm sure the family's lovely, but it's not like they're the Consuelos, Like, what is happening here?
Speaker 3: Like I don't know, I mean it was out of control. And oh side note, just googled Slade and it says he's forty nine. No he's not. He's not forty nine. He's well in two.
Speaker 2: Fifties, forty nine years old. So we're gonna believe that Slade is eight years older than me. But he was on television.
Speaker 4: But what year was this?
Speaker 3: Two thousand and six?
Speaker 2: Five, So this is two thousand and five. We're not the greatest at math, but let's seventeen years ago. So let's say he was thirty five. Then what's the math? Okay, So thirty five plus seventeen.
Speaker 4: Fifty fifty two. Like, come on, we don't know, we don't know how old you are, a Slade, but you're definitely not forty nine.
Speaker 3: No, I think he's more like fifty six. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He was a child actor, right, Okay, I also question that.
Speaker 3: He also claims that he was part of Tour de France. Like he like, he was very vague about it. You know, Eddie's a cyclist and he's a really good cyclist at that and he would always brag that, oh, I, you know, was with the Tour de France. He was like, he did a the water guy does not count no, exactly, he trained. So Eddie, we went to NAPA filming one year and you're going.
Speaker 4: To see that.
Speaker 3: And so Eddie's like let's bring our bikes. We can go ride and it's up and down the hill. He said he was on the side of the road with Slade on the ground because he had his cramping so bad, trying to keep it with Eddie and Eddie's elbows like into his I trying to rub out the cramp because he was like doubled over and I'm like, mm hmm, he's a talker.
Speaker 2: Well, I have another question for you, because Kimberly says this, and I want to know if this is still a thing in OC. Do girls still receive breast implants for a high school graduation?
Speaker 4: No, I know I will and Beverly Hills it's nose jobs.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, I can kind of understand nose jobs because some kids obviously are born with very large noses and it affects them. But they're too young to get a nose job before the age of eighteen. And if it's something that really bothers, then go, I'm all for it it.
Speaker 4: I'm fine.
Speaker 3: Boob jobs, No, no, you know I got I got my boobs done when I was in my twenties and I borrowed the money from my dad and he said, well, what's wrong with the boobs you have? Are they broken? And I said no, I just want him bigger. And he's like, well, if they're not broken, why do you want to fix him? And I'm like, I just want him bigger. And he ended up giving me the money I paid him back.
Speaker 2: Well, I got my boobs after cruise because they look like fried eggs.
Speaker 4: But what about My favorite part of this.
Speaker 2: Entire episode, before we even close out on episode one and zip into episode two, is how shady editors were even back then. When they show Shane's graduation party and it's a shot of him laying by himself by the pool pool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, he said, I don't want to go. I don't want to go to graduation. I honestly I would force my kid to walk.
Speaker 4: But also I want to know maybe he wasn't graduating. I like, how I'm just speculating.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why else would you not go, especially if you're like this popular guy that's potentially getting drafted and all these things.
Speaker 3: He never I don't think he ever really made it big in baseball, And the way his dad and Shane talked to people was so disrespectful.
Speaker 4: And also, as we're getting into episode two.
Speaker 2: What in the sociopath is happening with the obsession with the killing the rabbits.
Speaker 3: I know, before we get to that, I will have to say it was really sad to see Grayson. Grayson passed away a couple months ago at the age of like twenty two. I believe when he was on Housewives it was before he was diagnosed with a brain tumor, and he continued to live on until well passed what they thought he would to I think it was twenty two or twenty. I think he's the same age a Spencer and spent twenty three next month.
Speaker 2: So at what point did Slade no longer spend time with his his boys?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think his older boy, he would see they're from two different mothers, the oldest one. I think that he would continue to see now and then.
Speaker 2: And then also you start to see a different side of Slade as we get into this episode.
Speaker 4: Where's a bornderline movie star, a borderline movie star in his mind? Like, who says they think they're a borderline movie star? Well, you know what I heard?
Speaker 3: What I heard when she got offered Ultimate Girls Trip he said, Yeah, I don't know allegedly. I don't know if I can sign this contract because I have so many things in the pipeline. I have a production company, and I just don't know if it's a good idea for me to film himself.
Speaker 4: Yes, slave, they didn't ask you that, and you're in every instance story I know.
Speaker 3: Like, shut the fuck up, you are dying to film dying.
Speaker 4: Well, then we get to Vicky leaves for a cruise with Breonna for her senior trip. She leaves Lauri in charge at work while she's gone, where her daughter Ashley has started working as well. Okay, was this was this vacation filmed on Vicki's iPhone?
Speaker 3: It looked like it.
Speaker 4: I mean this was what four iPhones?
Speaker 3: I don't even think they had iPhone?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so on her mother.
Speaker 3: Flip flip it on the it was on yes on the flip.
Speaker 4: Because it clearly wasn't like true production going on this.
Speaker 3: But the Vicky used to be a huge cruise person. I do not like organized fun. I will never probably ever go.
Speaker 4: On a cruise. Now I'm going to make you go on a cruise. I've always wanted to go and I never have.
Speaker 3: I am not going a high end cruise.
Speaker 4: You can go on and I'm gonna make you have organ I like cattle in there. Listen. I feel like there's particular ones that we could go on.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll try anything once. So I went on one when I was like twenty one with a friend and we went to like Mexico Masllana. The only reason I went is because her her and boyfriend broke up. It was already paid for.
Speaker 4: Your the two teas take it to the sea. That could be our new show, to Teas on the Sea, To Teas on the Sea, you know what. And the worst houseolive drama always happens on the sea. So okay.
Speaker 2: Then we get to this part is where you realize, like how open Laurie seems like she might be the most forthcoming about her life of anybody.
Speaker 4: Laurie's son Josh gets into trouble at school.
Speaker 2: She's She's at Vicki's home office at the time that she gets a call from school. She shares that he started drinking in the seventh grade and has struggled with drugs and alcohol since. Laurie goes to visit him in juvenile hall and doesn't how long know how long he'll be there for I mean the fact that he's already drinking to that extent at that age.
Speaker 3: You know, Laurie is raising his daughter.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and every once in a while on Instagram. I ran into her daughter Ashley at A's last week. Vicky, me, VICKI and Shannon, We're having dinner there.
Speaker 4: She was there.
Speaker 3: Ace is a restaurant right by Javiers and Crystal cow right there, so we ran into her.
Speaker 4: So beautiful.
Speaker 3: I mean, she had not one look of makeup on. She was with her boyfriend. Just absolutely beautiful. And I think she yeah, she said she lives in Newport now, but it was just so sad. There's been a lot of things that have gone on, and George and Laurie are raising his daughter.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, we need to have Laurie on because.
Speaker 3: I let's talk about go ahead.
Speaker 2: I really like laur Like when I'm watching this because I have no actual skin in this game at all, I'm going and completely fresh. There's no one I know, I mean other than Vicky. But I really liked Laurie. Yeah, Like I was like, listen.
Speaker 3: Andy loves Laurie.
Speaker 4: I really I watch her. I want to know more about her.
Speaker 2: I want to now now that I have the time, go find out who the ex husband is, why he put her in the situation that she was in.
Speaker 4: You can see how.
Speaker 2: Much she loves her kids, and then just even seeing the daughter in the backseat of the car sleeping while she's going into juvenile hall to talk to her son.
Speaker 4: All of it. But then even how raw is that though? I know, And then even when you see Josh's confessionals, he's so raw. I know. You can tell her she just wants to help and feel better, and she's.
Speaker 3: And she honestly has tried so many things throughout the years. George is a wonderful husband to her. I went to their wedding. I can't wait to recap that. It was very beautiful. They have an amazing house in San Juan Capistrano and it was in their backyard, so beautiful.
Speaker 4: So she has a good husband, She has.
Speaker 3: A great husband, her husband, she has a great life.
Speaker 4: When she came back on and was a friend, was she with the husband.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the new husband? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, the new husband. All right.
Speaker 2: Then we get to VICKI talking to her Michael about how he needs to get a job and get better grades. He was on academic probation and didn't do well his first year in college at the number one party school in the country. Well, clearly, like I just watched Bama Rush, Like you're going to the number one party school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the focus is not on grades.
Speaker 3: No, no, And Michael has come a long way. He has he now works for Vicki and has.
Speaker 2: But now that I have a real office, not I mean not I mean I have an office in my home, not in a real one.
Speaker 3: You know what. She does have an office in Irvine, and I always tell her, why why do you want the overhead? You're never in town? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Sometimes I want I don't necessarily want a formal office, but I want like a nap office, like a place where I can go and just rest away from my family.
Speaker 3: Okay, would you would love Eddie? You would love Eddie's office. So we have a big Veena office in Irvine that we share with our partners. It's huge, and Eddie wanted something closer, so we just got to office right here close to our house where he does the Venus stuff. But there's also like a bedroom with a full bathroom in it.
Speaker 2: Oh see, I just want well, I just recently got which has been a game changer. I just got one of those walking treadmills so I can watch the podcast on my desk and do you like it? I cannot tell you, guys, I send me is not an ad. It is so awesome because sometimes I realize that this is our job. But sometimes when you're watching so much television for work, you're like, what is my life? And at least if i'm you have to.
Speaker 3: Get up, move well, Sophia once one and I'm like, if we have a treadmill, we already have a stationary bike. We get a treadmill, are you going to use it?
Speaker 4: I doubt it?
Speaker 3: And I don't want to spend three thousand dollars for you know, it's.
Speaker 4: Not that expensive. It's like eight hundred and fifty dollars for the desk and the walk house fast.
Speaker 3: Can you walk?
Speaker 4: You can walk to like a four four five?
Speaker 3: Oh that's not bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can you pull handles up or they I didn't.
Speaker 2: Get one that you pull handles up because the desk, if you want the dish is really starty sequently on it.
Speaker 4: But like my kids use it and do their homework from it.
Speaker 2: Because now It's so talked about with like kid kids having this extra.
Speaker 4: Energy when they do their work, Like at school. They even have swivel chairs for like the kids.
Speaker 2: So I mean they love it. We all love it also. But the link something I also need to ask you. One of my favorite parts of this episode was when Vicky was talking about liking the finer things in life and then she was boiling hot dogs.
Speaker 3: I didn't notice that, but that is a good notice right there, the finer things. And who could you? I mean, you have kids, little kids, and I mean hot dogs have not been a part of my grocery list in twenty years.
Speaker 4: I don't think my kids love there's this. Guys. They yeah, they love turkey dogs, but they love like this one place called the stand, which is near where we live.
Speaker 3: We have the stand.
Speaker 4: Oh you have the stand.
Speaker 3: We go there once a week.
Speaker 4: And now Alwa's like, can we please get a chili dog? And I'm like, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, my life. Now the next time I go to the stand, I'm gonna want a chili dog.
Speaker 4: Oh it's so delicious.
Speaker 3: I get the kale salad.
Speaker 2: I do too. I get the chicken salad actually shaped shaped chicken, the shaped chicken delicious, A little spicy chicken. You can get too at avocado.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: But I was laughing at that because I do think that that it reminded me of when I was younger. My mom told you the story about when I said I was a vegetarian, but then I would eat baloney.
Speaker 4: Every day, not realizing now Blooney's most disgusting thing in the world. I don't I don't even want to know what bolooney is. My bolooney has a first name, It's are Okay. Then Joe and Kimberly take tennis lessons.
Speaker 2: Joe thought her boobs were big until she stood next to Kimberly. Joe's excited to tell Slade that she made a friend in Codo.
Speaker 3: So what is that the Coda Decaza?
Speaker 4: No, that tennis club? Where is that? What's it called?
Speaker 3: Were they at Codo Tennis Club? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, there's actually two country clubs within Codo. You can be a member at the main country club, I guess you call it. And it's got golf, it's got tennis, it's got like a restaurant that you have to pay. We were members at the club when we live there, so you have to pay in so much a month and then you have to you get so much food for what you pay. It's it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Like you have a minimum and you it's you have to meet.
Speaker 2: I know, well, if I moved JCI, I want to be a part of the one at Baba.
Speaker 4: No is it the monarch?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah or the rets I forget which one, but the one that's on the beach. Yeah, that one is. I've gone with friends and it is so amazing. It's like true oc on the water.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'll join too.
Speaker 3: So basically, there's no money exchange at the country club. You go in, you get your food. If you do not meet your minimum, you still have to pay x amount a month.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's exactly how this one is too. Yeah. But then Vicky talks about how she's frustrated.
Speaker 2: With Laurie because there's something going on with her. She wants to see more effort and ambition from Laurie at work. Vicky tells Laurie that she needs to dress conservative for their work trip.
Speaker 4: Should Vicky have like been slightly more.
Speaker 3: Impassive as Vicky Vicky's bros draps were hanging over her shoulders. We need to dress more conservatively. Yeah, okay, Vicky with your bras straps and your turquoise shirt on.
Speaker 4: And hanging low and low.
Speaker 3: So keep this in mind. Laurie did come back to Orange County as a friend, and she said she never worked for Vicky. Actually she was never paid Vicky. Vicky said she did pay Lourie because she signed her paychecks, but Laurie said, I never got paid.
Speaker 4: So that was all for show.
Speaker 3: I think, so.
Speaker 4: We should get Ashley onto we mean Laurie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually yes, because it's like, you can't just do insurance if you don't have a license. So was she like, Okay, Laurie, come work for me, but go get your life.
Speaker 4: Was she the assistant or was she was she Vicki's Are we supposed to believe she was Vicki's assistant or she was one of her agents? Huh m hm, So it was it was.
Speaker 3: We could say it was a totally different show back then, mainly focused on individual individual stories, not so much group. I think the only group thing that we saw was Joe going to play oh, go to lunch with Kimberly.
Speaker 4: Also Kimberly's friend.
Speaker 2: So far Kimberly is the one I'm I'm not connecting with the most.
Speaker 3: Well, she was only on one season, so and then.
Speaker 4: I'm not the only one.
Speaker 3: So we got a little a taste of Laura Lai. Do you remember Laura li That was Laurie's friend. Oh yeah, and she was an unofficial friend like he was on a lot during the first few seasons, but she was. I don't I doubt she was paid for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she seems like she seems the type. I mean, here's what I can say.
Speaker 2: I do appreciate as we're going back in time and listen, guys, we will go back and do Beverly Hills as well. We just wanted to start with OC because I need to really get to know my co host.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm at a unfair advantage.
Speaker 3: Did you ever watched early Orange County?
Speaker 4: When?
Speaker 3: Did you know?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Was?
Speaker 4: I watched the only seat I think I watched.
Speaker 2: So I didn't start watching Orange County until I my first season was done filming of Beverly Hills. Then I started watching the other shows, so later, yeah, so later.
Speaker 4: So I don't know anything. I mean, I know, I'm like towards like the bron one Orange County days.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, you're You're Yeah, you're recent, You're more recent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I I did appreciate how I think that the relationship for formed here. But I mean, I'm gonna have to keep watching and we're gonna have to really dig in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not really excited about season three on because I'll be honest with you, I have never gone back and watched them ever, especially like tamrazocen wedding in the earlier seasons, I had white fried hair and I was so tan. I'm like, I don't even want to look at that.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm excited to watch that. I cannot wait.
Speaker 3: I can wait, I can wait.
Speaker 2: There is one person that I needed to know exactly what he's doing and what he's up to.
Speaker 4: Is the guy Slade went to go meet at the end. Yeah, what was his name? I don't know, but taking the phone, like honestly watching him, I was like, is that Randal Emmett? I need that guy.
Speaker 3: Was a very successful and you'll see him later on in the season, very successful mortgage broker. At the time, his wife was in and out of the show. I remember she drove like a big lifted truck that had like it was either pink or the wheels were pink or something crazy like that. I can't remember her name, but you know that was the error where if you were a mortgage broker or a real estate agent, you were killing it. You were making seven figures easy. And it's the people that were true professionals after the market crashed, still stayed in business. So also known as Slade Smiley unemployed.
Speaker 4: Loved him.
Speaker 2: So thank you for joining us for our very first episode of Too Tease Rewind.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: When you start listening to these episodes, make sure that you're watching along with us, because we want to hear your comments, questions, concerns, your thoughts if you're seeing something that we're not seeing, along with what guests that you want, because not only do we want to have the past housewives, there's been people throughout Orange especially that come in and make a splash because they want a little extra TV time, right tam m hm, and so we want to get everybody on. So thanks you guys for tuning. In our next episode, we will have on Joe, and then the following we will be recapping episode three and four season one, so make sure to watch