Speaker 1: Breakfast club. God, Danny, the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: What that ass?
Speaker 3: Something on a breakfast club?
Speaker 1: Brady, I can't say breakfast club without the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: You're like this rare air.
Speaker 4: She got platforms and partners all over the place. Because your man is so hot, people want.
Speaker 5: To be in plastics to the breakfast buck.
Speaker 1: I don't think white people know how popular you guys are.
Speaker 5: DJ Envy, Charlemagne, the God. You guys really are like the hip hop early morning, late night talk.
Speaker 1: Y'all know what you'all talking about.
Speaker 6: It's a new day.
Speaker 5: Is it your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 7: Wait up, whether you're man or blessed, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 5: Call up now. Eight hundred five eighty five one O five one.
Speaker 4: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Hello. Who's this day?
Speaker 8: Out of Houston?
Speaker 1: Zach out of Houston?
Speaker 5: Man? Is that what up?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: Get her off your chest?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 6: Charlemagne? Good morning, good morning, good morning Yo. So I gotta know y'all got some kids run my same age. What they eating Because my son eat juice, crackers and strawberries. That's not it.
Speaker 5: That's your fault.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that's your I'll be honest.
Speaker 6: Man, I got the gray baby. He won't eat them.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 10: I keep telling y'all when a kid get hungry, a kid gonna eat anything, y'all. What happens is these kids start bucking back when they don't want something, and we bow down to him and give them what they want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you shouldn't give your fun.
Speaker 11: You shouldn't give your child that many snacks. I tell all the parents out there for my last order, my last order. Never really ate baby food. She ate like real food.
Speaker 6: He did that, we did, We did the whole try to man things so you know, do all that.
Speaker 5: He did it.
Speaker 6: He did good at first.
Speaker 11: But now but like charloteid, the baby gotta be eating something, y'all. Even giving that baby snacks, y'all, Giving that baby crackers, yeah, giving that.
Speaker 6: Eventually, eventually he'll eat.
Speaker 10: I guess you gotta stlve them out, gotta starve him out, man.
Speaker 11: But try to not things, to try to find things that the baby will eat, like my daughter loves. And she's not even two years old, but my daughter lives like the little the chicken fingers that you could bake in the oven.
Speaker 5: Man, y'all want a chicken fingers these kids, My daughter loves that.
Speaker 10: The chicken fingers ain't no better than the stuff. Y'all talking about chicken fingers, But.
Speaker 1: That's better than crackers and strawberries.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it is.
Speaker 1: Actually, yes, it is, man.
Speaker 5: He says, chicken fingers over fresh strawberries.
Speaker 1: Well, but it's not processed.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 11: Chicken breast, white chicken breasts not process you said chicken fingers, Well, not that the chicken breast that the fingers, chicken breast is different. It's not chicken fingers from you know, from a fast food place.
Speaker 1: But I would try that. Also, my child.
Speaker 11: Likes things like rice, macaroni and cheese. And then I throwing my child love broccoli.
Speaker 10: And y'all sound crazy, y'all like my kids like food, that's all y'all saying. Not because not even food, because if you got.
Speaker 11: A picky kid, like you know, I got to add picky kids that like you said, well, only eat strawberries and something about strawberries that the kids like strawberries bananas. But that's good, but making meat more fruit, but they need a little more subsist. They need a little more meat.
Speaker 5: Pulse fruit is good. Strawberry and bananas is good.
Speaker 1: But they need some meet too, some protein.
Speaker 5: That's killing our kids, killing us too, God damn it.
Speaker 8: All right, well I'm gonna try some of that.
Speaker 6: Hey, but can I get a book ahead?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I got you. Hold on, okay, they actually send it to you this time. They have me lying to the people.
Speaker 10: Hold on, all right, I got black effect, hatch here, I got all types of books.
Speaker 5: I got my own book. Shook on.
Speaker 10: I got to be a Mallory state of emergency. I need a copax shallow waters. But you know, the producers got to send them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, real love, real life, real love is said too. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 6: Blake?
Speaker 1: Blake went up, getting off your chest?
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 6: Look you what? I don't know if y'all remember what y'all was doing in nineteen ninety three, No, nineteen ninety three. I met this woman and we were we fell in love. But I wanted to be a hot boy. I ran them all, how old are you?
Speaker 5: Old were you? How old were you in nineteen ninety three?
Speaker 6: I was eighteen?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, here was sixteen?
Speaker 1: So come on, get to the story now, you forty. Now you're forty. He ain't. What's up?
Speaker 6: So thirty years to the day that we married, we went and lived our lives and you know, mature on other people hands. We got married, okay, on the day that we met thirty years later.
Speaker 5: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Brother, Congratulations King, shout your queen out.
Speaker 6: I want to shout out my beautiful, beautiful wife. Still a game, and I try to call out a day up. But I got shut down. But that's another another thing. But I just wanted to get that out there.
Speaker 5: When you say, when you say you got sat down, you went to jail.
Speaker 11: No, no, he said he got shut Yo.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't do to jail. I just I wasn't mature enough to handle.
Speaker 5: I got you hot, thought got you.
Speaker 6: I want to be drug deal I want to be a payple player.
Speaker 5: Well I'm glad you grew up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I was fifteen and nineteen ninety two. I don't remember anything from nineteen ninety three. I'm sitting there trying to think like nineteen ninety three specifically, now fifteen, I can't recall much. Now get it off your chest. Eight hundred five five one O five one. If you need to vet hit us up now is the breakfast club? Good morning, the breakfast Club?
Speaker 6: Ray right, ray yo, charlomnae dandy? What up are we lying?
Speaker 5: Is it your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 1: I got an indoor pool, outdoor pool. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Get on the phone right now here, tell you what it is?
Speaker 5: We lie Hello?
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 8: DJ Andrey Charlamagne, my god, laurd good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 8: O g row. What's happening now? You're feeling this morning?
Speaker 5: He's O g Well, you know it's Friday, man.
Speaker 8: What we do about this time? Man? The bar time, man, fall time. Let's go check it out. I said, listen, this right here gonna be something just for the record books. Watch how I Casty's lines were bait on the hook. My brother told me to slow down, son, so they can hear you better.
Speaker 12: So from now on, I'm killing them slow to make the taste better. You already know what it is. It's not a pop quins. I'm hand to hand hopping the strip from law percentages. They saying artists coming, they go, but I know that fire brings teaching them campus marshmallow floor. And even though it's all about bars and real rappers got coat are vote, It's all in the way for the X factor. I represent with four clips on the run, knowing identity at the chop house and meeting for racks and no artillery. Obviously most of cats have made men. But they posed and they pretend to. They get hit with tens, but check it. They're talking again. Bars of one to one, skip the girl, give them that hot point fill to they well done.
Speaker 6: Oh j.
Speaker 5: You got.
Speaker 10: I got bars for a bar killer, nobody iller Michael Jackson Black, Yeah, I'm a thriller. Two years ago a friend of mine told me alexand Chris died. Blows my mind bed witness to the dopest fing rhymes I wrote, taking off my coat, put it in in his throat.
Speaker 8: Whoa bars, whoa whoa bars, whoa whoa whoa bars?
Speaker 1: Hold on, I got bars, I got bars. I got bars.
Speaker 11: Realized you don't give an f about a shawler, big breaking bag, five six figures, swipes.
Speaker 3: On my ass.
Speaker 11: I ain't gonna say no more, forget it for alright?
Speaker 5: Nope, you like.
Speaker 2: Where he was going?
Speaker 13: Do you like the shipes on the bottom?
Speaker 2: You like that?
Speaker 6: Like you do?
Speaker 4: You love where he was going.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, oh, g you have a good weekend, brother.
Speaker 8: And y'all too, man, y'all be blessed me, thank you and the family.
Speaker 1: All right, The Breakfast Club, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Morning, everybody in Steve j n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host with us, Jess hilarious. And we got a special guest in the building. Ladies and gentlemen, Sukiana.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 1: What's up girl? How you doing?
Speaker 3: I feel really good right now?
Speaker 14: All right, so I want to kick it off with this. Okay, so we know you as Sukiyana. Who is Destiny? Lverne Henderson? Who the Delaware Now you know you've tried it, did you? Lynette? She corrected me, run away the name altogether when she was gonna correct me a man's name.
Speaker 1: Well, who is.
Speaker 3: Is a man's name?
Speaker 14: But I didn't say my name was Lavernette Henderson? Who is that nice wholesome young from Wilmington, Delaware, Florida.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I mean I've been out.
Speaker 14: I'll be outside like it's you feel me like I'll be everywhere. So I was born in Womanton, Delaware, That's where I'm from. Destiny is who you like, who you get right now, I'm I'm just I'm gonna.
Speaker 13: That's what I figure. This ain't sulky, this is gonna.
Speaker 11: Come so Suki with the Good that was an ex boyfriend, a long time boyfriend.
Speaker 3: I mean, I.
Speaker 14: Got like a couple of kids. Now, you know, Like why y'all want to know about my couchie.
Speaker 8: So if.
Speaker 10: Charlama you could tell her if I said Charlamagne with the good bookie.
Speaker 14: Yeah, okay, and I and I love that for you see.
Speaker 3: Nothing wrong with that. I just feel like if we would get to my name, you know, I just yeah, I'm a fruitful queen.
Speaker 14: Okay, since we still got this voice, let me ask you this. Not too long ago, you said you didn't want you did not want to be gat On no more. You wanted to be you.
Speaker 13: Know, classier. I guess you know where did that stem from?
Speaker 14: Did that stem from what commentators or you know, spectators definitely didn't spend from like commentators or spectators.
Speaker 3: Or the popcorn crew, gotcha. Honestly, I'm just growing as a woman. I am growing, you know, and I feel like it's just because I.
Speaker 14: Came from the hood. Don't mean that I forever I have to be, you know, ghetto. Anything wrong would be in ghetto.
Speaker 1: You know, I thought I an interview, you said you want to you would fart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will farting if I said that. Yes, you think that's ghetto.
Speaker 10: I used to say that all the time back in the day. That was one thing I used to say, you know, you sucker for out of the girls. But that was and that's respect. I don't think that's a sign of love and respect.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I don't think that's get I just think that's discussting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just nasty. I never said I didn't want to be nasty.
Speaker 15: No more so.
Speaker 1: I don't get getto.
Speaker 3: But if a man was to sucker far off my ass, I'm.
Speaker 13: Gonna lit them.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 13: Let's get it now.
Speaker 14: You also said, since he bought it up and only him he bought it up, that she would like to be on as well.
Speaker 1: She shot him shout at first, shout up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 14: The only comparison that that she in the company because earlier somebody had said that they like to be what I'm saying, I thought it wasn't there said.
Speaker 13: And I was showing love, I said, because she is supportation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, supportation.
Speaker 14: At the end of the day, I don't know what I might do for somebody that I love.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Like, I'm a.
Speaker 14: Very submissive Queen's That's why I like to talk to somebody with leadership skills, because if I talk to a drug dealer, he probably had me in the hood, and I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: No more.
Speaker 5: Drug deals have a fantastic leadership skills.
Speaker 10: Man, I love drug every I think there's not a drug dealer out here that couldn't have been especially if you were a King fin you could have been the CEO for Fortune five Hue.
Speaker 3: And my daddy was a drug dealer, So that's okay. But at the end of the day, I feel.
Speaker 13: Like, yeah, yeah, let me mouth just happening.
Speaker 5: Are you at least on only fans? Are you getting paid for this?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 14: You know how much I made from only fans? Bring it up a million more than a million.
Speaker 3: Paying. But we not even just talking about only fans.
Speaker 14: We're talking about posters with viral I'm blessed with one of them good looking cats. I don't know what you y'all do, see, but yeah, like I'm really one of them girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know you. Oh you don't know what's going on?
Speaker 14: What's going Yeah, because I'm I'm something regular that you ain't never seen before.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna get you used to it.
Speaker 14: Hence the name Siki with the good Kouchie. It ain't good for nothing. Listen, you get paid off. And that's what happened. That brings me to my next question. Let's go, are you still on only fans? Literally, I'm not on only fans right now, focused on my career and that's as an artist and as a TV star.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. A couple of weeks ago people were mad at you.
Speaker 11: A couple of weeks ago, right now, you would have said that so bad with my air.
Speaker 3: He come on the show.
Speaker 14: What he did? He said, Saxy d now know you my brow.
Speaker 5: I thought you said I did think I thought you said y'all wanted to do it.
Speaker 3: He said that, He said you want to do it, and that's.
Speaker 5: My girlsn't want to do it.
Speaker 14: So basically what you want to say is no, I'm not the one that said I wanted to. It was honestly didn't want along with the flow and I didn't want to be a party okay, So one thing about it. We on South Beach, we and Miami. You like to turn up, you know, and we're all outside, were talking on the ground and I don't know who the hell said.
Speaker 3: Grabbed the hair and started I just like I have with it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 14: First, no, at first, I was like, I'm not doing that. It's like, that's cool for others. That might be whatever they think, but we that's a missive play. I was actually having a good time, mister, mister play, Like if my man want to walk me like a dog, I'm gona let him walk me like a dog. I'm gonna walk him like a dog. I'm gonna whip him with my wig. I'm gonna put candle wax on his ass. I'm gonna beat his ass, I'm gonna stretch his ass.
Speaker 1: Mama had a problem with it. Then she said something.
Speaker 3: Yeah my mama, Yeah yeah, Butlue mama had a problem with him too.
Speaker 5: I did not.
Speaker 3: Say something about face.
Speaker 14: You know what said you're the Queen of the young struggle face.
Speaker 10: But that was it was the jokes between her and me going back and forth. She actually cried when our former co host Angelie brought up her mother.
Speaker 5: Who had just passed away. That's what actually made her cry and said that herself.
Speaker 14: Okay, no, no, all right, No, you don't think that the fact what the struggle of young struggle face a little bit even after her mom.
Speaker 13: And looking at the loss and looking at the remember.
Speaker 14: You don't think that you could have chilled and refrained from that comment.
Speaker 5: I apologize little mama, wherever you are. If you see this. Remember I don't really because I remember if people bring it up all the time, I can't forget it.
Speaker 14: I accountability.
Speaker 5: You're right, and you know.
Speaker 14: She did no, but she had rope. She has sent me like some universe meditation things.
Speaker 3: And I know she didn't mean. She didn't mean anything wrong.
Speaker 1: She sent you a scripture.
Speaker 3: She was trying to give me some healing. Yeah, I'm gonna lie. I do need a little bit of healing.
Speaker 13: But it could have been personal. It could have could have been more personal.
Speaker 14: Because it was like a little shady, like, look at what they're doing to America. They get more than walk like far out. Yeah, like what you say, you ain't saying nothing about me fartening these mouths? Right, Yeah, because she probably did that. She did it something I ain't gonna lie. Let me clear this up. I ain't gonna lie. I feel like me knowing people. I feel like she's a genuine girl. She just haven't time and she didn't mean to because I just if I could request, I just her d M me and we could have talked to chat.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we got more with Suki Hannah when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Morning.
Speaker 11: Everybody's d J MV. Charlamagne the God just hilarious. We are the Breakfast Club. Was still kicking it with Suki Hannah. Now you got you got three kids, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that the reason you said?
Speaker 11: You know what, I'm gonna get away from only fans because you have kids to go to school and all the kids to.
Speaker 1: Be like, I know your mama's you know spa no no.
Speaker 14: Like first of all, yeah, they don't want Super with the good Cochi because I pop out them kids.
Speaker 3: My kids know I'm Super, the good Guccie.
Speaker 1: What the hell I was gonna say?
Speaker 14: Because because they know I just you gotta let me tell you something. I love being pregnant. I love having baby, and I love raising babies, and.
Speaker 3: I dress feed all of them.
Speaker 14: I love children like I love my children so much, and they're gonna have prominent futures whatever. They want to be boxers, they want to be a soccrifice. Anything, I'm gonna do. I'm gonna do what I gotta do to make them day. But I feel like I'm gonna what it takes for me to get that cooing to make sure they straight. I'm gonna do what I gotta do. Nobody can't judge me.
Speaker 1: You have to check a mom in school for saying something her.
Speaker 14: No, my kids don't go to no public school. I think I pay for teachers. I pay for school. Yeah, I do stuff like that because you know, my kids are my kids who are special. Like, I'm not doing that. Everybody has their own reason what they do. But I'm a breastfeed of mom and I and I and I love my children. I have a good support system of good family and like I have a career and I take care of my kids very good.
Speaker 3: I love them like I would.
Speaker 14: Do anything further now as far as my only things, everybody pop, Yeah, did y'all.
Speaker 3: Know what y'all mom's gonna did? Did y'all know what your free?
Speaker 14: Nick Finna telling y'all, y'all had them bills pay and I ain't never had no job. Was wearing a chicken cooking.
Speaker 7: Dress before something like that?
Speaker 3: What's what's Martin Luther King? And what was that called again?
Speaker 16: When it was.
Speaker 14: Jazabelle Shy, Yeah, jezabel out there populas.
Speaker 3: One think about us. One thing about us.
Speaker 14: We're gonna pop some cat cad free and when the kids need some food, we're gonna do what we gotta do. That's one thing about black women. We're gonna make. It's something out of nothing. I don't give we got five cent, one dollar. We're gonna make some shake.
Speaker 1: Okay, get old, And she said, man, I gotta go pop some coochie.
Speaker 3: For going to get Ain't gonna do that. My baby's gonna be.
Speaker 14: My baby's rich right now, right now, right now, as a little girl. She don't have to work any day of her life. She don't have to understand the struggle. She don't have to understand what the hood is like. And that's and that's what I did. My baby will never have to be in no hood and will ever have to work for nobody. I'm gonna take care of her for the rest of my life. And when I die, she's gonna be good. So let's type a woman that I am. Maybe ain't gonna have to pop no care, I'm gonna pop the cat. I'm gonna pop the cats.
Speaker 3: Okay, your baby hairs to you get it?
Speaker 14: Don't smooth to day. You got the console popping in around for let me stop the en get upset the speaking of the gusbands.
Speaker 13: Kay husband, Oh my.
Speaker 14: Gosh, because I want to ask her, do you consider yourself gay?
Speaker 13: I don't kiss, bisexual, whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't do.
Speaker 1: I have to have a name, No, you don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want one.
Speaker 14: Because I seen like the interview that I did, and I was just you know, trying to explain. He kept asking me all these different courts. Jason, he kept asking me all these different ques. Oh yeah, shout out to Jason. But he asked me all these different questions about who my sexuality is. And I was kind of talking in circles and I seen the comments and they.
Speaker 13: Were like shout out to the people that's.
Speaker 14: Real gay and going through the real things, and it was just like, you know, they're so judgmental in the comments, and that's why a lot of these men are d l and that's why a lot of these people don't want to come out the closet. I don't consider myself gay, I don't consider myself straight.
Speaker 3: I love people.
Speaker 14: I feel like maybe I didn't have it go on a date or be in a relationship. You know, I haven't did that. But I don't want to just say, oh, I don't aid some cuci and just look at women as Kucci to. I don't want to say that. I don't want to say that.
Speaker 3: I think it's wrong.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about your music.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, I got that singlet when alfro b and I ain't gonna lie him to New York for promo run and the city, all the DJ's, DJ Clue and everybody, they've been showing me a lot of love.
Speaker 3: And it's telling me that I got to hit.
Speaker 5: And I believe in DJ Clue. He's a liar. He said that to everybody.
Speaker 3: Use a mother.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but let me tell you something. I promise you. I promise you because I know because I got a song.
Speaker 3: Called and Chagne.
Speaker 14: Campaign Champagne, you go respect for you when you see one. I'm gonna give both DJ Clue line, God tell the truth and a more eyebrows on fleet.
Speaker 1: Good morning the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Your morning's will never be the same.
Speaker 11: Morning everybody's ej envy Charlamagne, God, we are the breakfast club Nowhew just joining us.
Speaker 1: Charlomagne had a question.
Speaker 5: Guy, it's not me. I told you.
Speaker 10: We was in the control room and I was talking to our team and they asked the question, where do all old holes go? I think it says on TikTok? Right, Sae, is something happening on TikTok? This is a question that's being asked. Yeah, and I'm realizing that it must be young people asking this question because there's old folks.
Speaker 5: We know where the old holes go.
Speaker 11: You know what that's that could be a good thing because if some of the young holes want to know what happened when they become older, they want to know where they should be going.
Speaker 5: Well, the truth of the matter is young holes just grow up to be old holes. And what happens to the old holes is life happens. They end up having kids, you know, some of them, you know, go to college.
Speaker 10: Like we act like just the term hole has such a negative So when you think, oh, I don't know what you think, but holes are people too, okay, and they go to college and they get degrees, they go out there and they get good jobs and they live lives like truth to the matter is, and you don't want to hear this, your mama probably was a hole and you ain't never had a conversation with her to see what her sex life was like.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, back in the day had a life. Grandma had a life, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: And I know we gotta be fair and say that men are definitely hold too, but we know it's a double status. We only talk about you know, the women right now. So the reality is holes everywhere hose make the world go around. There's holes that are you know, running Fortune five hundred companies. They're in the c suites, you know what I mean. There's holes in the church. You know, there's holes that you know, own the local grocery stores like that.
Speaker 11: Like what I hate saying that the term holes, but I would say church right. And the reason being is because when you get a little older, you want to kind of repent for all of the wholeism that you did right, good or bad.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you donet gave it to everybody, So now you want to give it to God. They go, yeah, yeah, you don't give it up to everybody. Now, you got to give it to the Lord.
Speaker 5: Give it to that Lord, Lord, the only one you ain't gave it up to Jesus Christ.
Speaker 11: Let's go to the phone. We got Tatiana on the line. Tatiana, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 5: How old are you talking to? What's up? How old are you?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm twenty four, okay.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you're old enough to have this conversation.
Speaker 1: Well, and this thing you say, your.
Speaker 6: Grandmother, grandmother talked about it all the time.
Speaker 1: Your grandma was a whole retired home.
Speaker 6: He is still your first little toysoner damn?
Speaker 5: What how old is you?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 4: All right, but.
Speaker 6: I'm twenty four or younger.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, So she never stopped home.
Speaker 9: He never stopped She's still out here.
Speaker 10: I bet you she's young. I bet she got a young, youthful energy to her too.
Speaker 17: At fifty something, he's still she's looking for anybody that's listening.
Speaker 10: By the way, I want you to know, fifty something old, but it's coming from a forty five year old man.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 17: I'm sixty three, solid.
Speaker 11: Fifty three ain't fifty three, So you've basically said, so you try to say, old holds don't retire.
Speaker 1: They still home.
Speaker 10: They're still out here, man sleuthing Your grandma, God bless her.
Speaker 5: I hope she hold until she got to take her benches out the what.
Speaker 6: Hello, who's this Thomas from Brooklyn?
Speaker 1: Thomas? Good morning man? Where did all the old hos go? Thomas?
Speaker 8: All old Hods go to heaven?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 6: They cook claim and they do that thing you feel me?
Speaker 5: Where is most Here's the other thing, Thomas.
Speaker 10: I love the enthusiasm in your voice because here's the thing that we don't talk about enough.
Speaker 5: We love hose.
Speaker 8: Yep, we do.
Speaker 10: We do like you even you even want the woman you marry. You want your lady.
Speaker 5: To have to have some hole in them damn right, yeah, they say, lady in the lady in the streets.
Speaker 1: But freaking free, freak hold whatever you want it.
Speaker 10: Aw Jesus, cool word all right, w h O r E alright.
Speaker 5: Real ass whole word to the city girl.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, brother.
Speaker 6: Nicole, Good morning the morning gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Nicole. So, uh, the question is where do the old Hols?
Speaker 5: I need to know how old you are? First? Nicole, I am forty years old. Okay, so you you you you your your old hope. That gotta be.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't know she holding it out?
Speaker 5: Are you talking to us? Nicole?
Speaker 17: I don't know the old hole. However, I say I'm very experienced. Okay, well, gentlemen, my opinion is that old holes are male and female. I think some of them going to be very successful individuals that influence the world. They could be military commanders, they can be business owners, or they could be radio talctional hosts.
Speaker 5: Right, Charlament, that's right, the fact right from Nicole. Hold On, hold on, where you from? The Cole?
Speaker 17: I'm from Harlem, but I'm living in New Jersey.
Speaker 5: Now, okay, we don't know each other, do uh No?
Speaker 17: You know my family is from South Carolina, the Monks corner. Bono.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, okay, all right, all right Nicole, Thank Nicole.
Speaker 17: I'm talking to your gentlemen.
Speaker 18: I have a great day.
Speaker 5: You're talking to you too. Let me ask a question. I think like that little right, Charlamage.
Speaker 1: You know me, but you know her family from Monk.
Speaker 5: She's been listening to me for a long or she knows I listen.
Speaker 1: I'm a reform hold, and she knows somebody knows. Somebody knows somebody.
Speaker 5: I'm a reform hold. I'm talking. I ain't no, ain't no thing.
Speaker 1: You think? How is the hereditary?
Speaker 10: Is holding hereditary? I think everybody likes you know what I'm saying. And people, it's just everybody likes that. Who do you know that doesn't like sex? Everybody likes sex in some way shape orf asexual though.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what that is. I don't know either.
Speaker 1: Somebody shut it down to back of the class of the class.
Speaker 5: I was listening to these young kids. I don't even know what the hell that is, If the hell does that even mean?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: This is April. How you doing, April? Good morning? We're asking where do the old hos go?
Speaker 9: So the old holds retire and go back to this from high school who always loves mump.
Speaker 17: That's where they go.
Speaker 1: That's a good party.
Speaker 10: So after you done ran, after you done ran around and gave it up to everybody, you just go back the old faithful from high school.
Speaker 17: Huh pretty much?
Speaker 11: Okay, thank you, April, Paula, Good morning, Paula, Paula.
Speaker 9: There, Hey, yes, I am.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 5: What old are you, Paula?
Speaker 19: Hi?
Speaker 9: So the question of the day should be like a family few questions, but I say they go to church.
Speaker 1: How old are you, Paula, I'm thirty eight?
Speaker 5: Thirty eight? Okay, so you're getting up there? They know? She a hope? Are you you can? Do you think you?
Speaker 9: I just no, no, no, I'll just got off all these sam kids at fool.
Speaker 5: How many kids you got?
Speaker 9: I got three girls?
Speaker 5: Oh for real? How many baby daddy? Oh my god, how many, baby Paula? I got two too, okay, baby daddy? How many boyfriends?
Speaker 2: How many?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 5: How many boyfriends?
Speaker 9: I got nothing?
Speaker 17: I'm married.
Speaker 9: I've been married for ten years.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, okay, so you married one of your one of your h baby baby? Yeah baby yep? Okay, good job, good job. Good.
Speaker 10: Did you tell them about your like did you show them your whole facts before y'all got married?
Speaker 5: Did you show them like?
Speaker 6: No? No.
Speaker 9: I was actually the unexpected young mom at twenty out of my friend group. But I was the one that like graduated with my d card, and all my friends were like, you know, I guess trying to push me to like give love a chance.
Speaker 10: Oh maybe you're trying to push me to give love a chance because I was too busy out here holding.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Paula. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 10: When your friends got to push you to give love of your aunts, you're doing too much out here.
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 8: It's made from Detroit.
Speaker 1: Met from Detroit. We're talking about where the old hoes go.
Speaker 10: I'm say about, boy, you ain't lying.
Speaker 5: You are not lying.
Speaker 10: Thank you about because Facebook is the place you go. And then you be seeing all of the girls that you knew that used to be holds.
Speaker 5: And you're like, oh, that's what she's doing.
Speaker 1: Now, what's the more of the story, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 10: The mall of the story is City Girl's Real Lass Horse coming soon.
Speaker 5: I can't wait. They gonna have the world in shambles.
Speaker 11: October twenty Fify Day, October twentieth Guess right, no, yes?
Speaker 5: Why next week?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 10: The City Girl's coming out next week? Yes, wy man, They about to have the fall in shambles. Real Lass Horse come out next week October twentieth. Man, come on now, come on, like, all right, you got me what let's go. I hope they got a record with Sexy Red shout to Karsha and j They're gonna have, Oh, they're gonna have the conscious community in shamble.
Speaker 5: The conscious community is not gonna know what.
Speaker 10: To do with themselves when that real ass hoold about the city girls drop you hear me?
Speaker 1: All right, it's the Breakfast Slogan Morning, the Breakfast Club Morning. Everybody in the j n V. Charlamagnea god, just hilarious.
Speaker 6: We are the.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club and we got a special guest.
Speaker 5: In the buildings.
Speaker 2: Right, Really, you're no how feeling you?
Speaker 5: Be honest?
Speaker 1: Be honest.
Speaker 2: I'm sad because I really have planned this week and everything, and all of a sudden I wake up like, yes, what the hell going on? And my stomach is killing me like bubble guts, like bubble guts, like bubble guts, nothing want to come out anything, Like I'm like stressed because like what time is it? I hope by at least by twelve o'clock something come out. And I'm like, I like relieve, So what.
Speaker 4: Do you do?
Speaker 5: And theon? If you got to pooping you out in public? Body? You can't just pull up in the McDonald's and nothing, yes, for who what?
Speaker 2: Why would not I stay with web wipes, Jesus Christ. I stayed with web wipes and and hand sanitizer like I'm a mom, so you have to have that because because your kids want to anytime. I unexpected so and also me like.
Speaker 11: It might not be the food though, Cardi, I don't know what it is. Maybe it could be number three.
Speaker 2: They're definitely know there number three now number three after if after I'm go on tour. I definitely want to have a baby, like have another one. Yeah, I want to have another one.
Speaker 1: How many kids do you want?
Speaker 2: Like at least four?
Speaker 1: Four?
Speaker 5: What do you think it will come out? First? Your second album?
Speaker 1: Start like Christ, wow, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: My second album is gonna come out. I have to I have to.
Speaker 1: I have to question when is the question where people want? This year?
Speaker 2: Next year, next year, early next.
Speaker 1: Year we can graduate.
Speaker 11: Carding on her single, she got a single Let's Out Today feat It What Bongos?
Speaker 2: Well, always the beat, you know what I'm saying. Like at first, it's always like you hear the beat and it's like, oh I like this be like I really like this beat. It's funk, but it kind of reminds me of them both. Definitely it reminds me of them both. But it's really funk. Like technically it's funk. So you know, you know, I'll.
Speaker 1: Find I'll take you.
Speaker 2: You you be outside, you'll be outside.
Speaker 1: You don't be.
Speaker 2: Outside, you don't be outside. I gotta take you outside.
Speaker 5: That's the style of music.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's the style of music. It's a Dominican style of music. But like technically really is funk. So but I just I just love I just love to beat. I start working on the song, but there's like a lot of empty spaces. There's a lot of empty spaces. I try to feel the empty spaces, like you know, like just me rapping and rapping and rapping and rapping, and they just felt like a long ass song, like they just need a dynamic. So me and my team, like my team wanted to go like more like Latin artists. And I was like, I hear Megan. I hear Megan. I hear Megan on it, Like really you don't see it, like you see this like like more Latin. I'm like, no, I see Megan. And then like exactly what I was like hearing in my head, I sent her the song exactly what I was envisioning in my head, like when she like when she I got her like verse back, It's like, you see, this is what I was envisioning, and it just made you scared.
Speaker 5: The team of a Megan again because WAP was such a massive record.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, of course, of course, Like that's why I haven't like I definitely, but I feel like this was like good and like when she said the her verse, I was like, oh, I feel like this is a super Like I feel like this is a good like come Tenders.
Speaker 11: You feel like too much pressure everybody asking you to do your second album. You put out these these verse versus and you killing these verses. You like these verses up, but everybody's keep saying, I love it, where's the album?
Speaker 1: I love it? But the album put much pressure on yourself.
Speaker 2: Oh I do put a lot of pressure on myself, Like I really really do. Like let me tell you something, like I just feel like I don't like nothing I hear. I feel like I listen like body beats.
Speaker 3: It because everything sounds the same.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because everything sounds the same or every like it's like sometimes everything sounds the same and then like when it's too different, it's like that's too different for me, Like that is just too different. So I don't know what I be looking for. What I be looking for, I don't know what it is. But like once like I something catch my eye and I really like my eyes my sound on my ears right.
Speaker 11: But even like I like it like that they said you didn't love it love it and that became one of the biggest record gen record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I do take risks. Like I do take risks. I don't know, it's just like a lot of pressure on them. But I feel I feel confident. I have a lot of songs. Y'all could come by any tim I could hear something. Cause and that's another thing too, like I'm gonna leave r like I need like everybody's like opinion, like what'd you think? What do you think? What you think? And that kind of be driving me crazy too, but like I don't know why I been.
Speaker 13: Needing it though, you know it's fun?
Speaker 5: Is it still fun.
Speaker 2: When I find like something that I like, When it's something that I like, is fun. But then but then sometimes even when I like something and like people don't like it, it doesn't become fun. Like it's like, damn, I was really vibing with this, and it's like y'all like it now now it's not fun. Now I'm mad.
Speaker 14: So but people don't like every It's like they're gonna find something wrong with whatever. So it don't matter. But I just gotta make sense to you. Let me ask you, this is it pressure because it's so many more women now like dropping here and all the time. Like, but is that pressure it being so many women in rap?
Speaker 2: No, not really. I'm so used to like working with like a lot of women, Like I never like being like in the environment. That's like, yeah, I'm kind of like the only ones. So and now I always knew this. I always knew this. I always knew that after me, there was gonna be more girls. Yeah, I know I was gonna. I wasn't gonna I know it wasn't gonna like just end with me, because it's like if I made it, I know there's gonna be more. But that's gonna make it. And like the Internet and everything, like it's like this this I already I already I already saw this, Like I saw this like back in like I don't know, like the seventeen I saw this, But you do.
Speaker 11: But you're also doing something that a lot of people didn't do when you were coming up. You'll find the hot new person or a young artist, and you'll give them the opportunity and give them a verse, which a lot of people didn't do.
Speaker 10: And I was gonna add something that Jay and Drake did great. I think, I say Cardy did that for female. Absolutely.
Speaker 11: I was gonna ask does the competition fuel you? And it could be friendly competition. I mean every time you get on the verse, so you get on the record with somebody, is that the way you think, like, oh, I gotta eat her?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: God damn, I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't really feel like I gotta eat I don't really like feel like I gotta like eat like all right, like for example, right like it's like if I have a song, right and then like you send me your verse and like you wrapping your ass off, I'm still not changing my verse. I'm not changing it because I feel like they're like this, this is what I'm going for. This is what I'm thinking. However, I don't want to like also never like ruin. Nobody else likes song or anything, but people do.
Speaker 1: It all the time.
Speaker 5: We've heard.
Speaker 11: You know, I think Nah said he changed the verse when he got a verse back, and you hear it all the time, so you never said, Nah, I got it. Which ones you're playing with?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 5: Who's been your favorite female rapper to collaborate with.
Speaker 2: I really like them all, I really, I really, I really liked them all. And every song that I like, I got like on like I got on it because I just really, really really really liked that song. Like I love the song and it's like I feel like I could hear myself on it. There's a lot of there's a lot of songs like I get songs send to me all the time, but I feel like it's like some songs, I just feel like I feel like I can't do nothing for the song. Like it's like I don't feel like I could do like a verse that like I'm like confident, and so it's just like and I just be like no, and it's like I feel like the song is great, So I don't even want to like, yeah like it.
Speaker 13: You just say drill incient style, what's that?
Speaker 3: And now what's that one song?
Speaker 2: And I told you, oh my god, that song is so crazy. I heard, Yeah, that song is so crazy. I was like, and that's my that's my style, that's my temple, because some temples like I just cannot keep up. Like it's like you know that when I first heard Munch and Everything, Yeah, I love the song. I love to be and everything, and then I was I was gonna. I was like, you know, like doing the remix right, yeah, I did averse, but it's like I felt like I felt like I was fighting the beat, like like the be was just the bag was. Then I was like, listen, I don't want to song you know much.
Speaker 5: I got it, I.
Speaker 2: Get it, I get it, but like I was wind milling, and it's like if I can't keep both with something like it's like I'm not gonna play myself and I don't want to like ruin it, like you know, like when somebody get on the song and it's like you the song. I think here now, I like tomorrow Tomorrow, Oh yeah, I know. Florida. She remind me of my best friend, like yeah, I love her.
Speaker 11: I love her. We got more with Cardi B when we come back, don't Move. It's the breakfast club, good Morning.
Speaker 1: More than everybody.
Speaker 11: It's DJ Envy Charlamagne to God Jess hilarious. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Cardi B Charlomagne.
Speaker 10: Do you think that the label makes you do records that you may not necessarily want to do.
Speaker 2: Nobody could make me do. People could give me recommendations and everything, but it's like nobody could make me like do anything. I would try something, Like I would try something. And when I say like I would try something, it's like when they want me to like to like, you know, be a little bit more like, you know, like more feminine or more like I don't know, like mainstream type of stuff because like that's just not really be my vibe like that, but like nobody can maybe do.
Speaker 11: I was gonna ask you, you know you mentioned when you're working in the strip club, do people look at you as the old Cardio all the time because you got so many friends and you were so many people before the huge rap success. Sometimes you got to check somebody and be like, look, I'm not that old fen back then. I'm not that same person.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like and like like the people that know me know that I haven't really changed. Like I feel like I could call my friends right now, they're like girl bye. I feel like I haven't like really changed like that way, but I feel like to the world. I feel like to the world, like I wonder if people have seen that change. I feel like I changed. I'm like more like chill now. Like I could like back then, I could be all day, costing everybody out. But it's like I just have like back the way more and I got kids, and I'm thirty, Like yeah, I'm thirty, Like by five o'clock, I need a little nat.
Speaker 1: That's one thing I say that it looks like you love.
Speaker 11: It's like, you know, you see so many people with their kids, right, but you are like a mom's.
Speaker 2: Mom right because like it's like you just have to you listen. You could have a village in your house, right like because I have all the Dominicans in my house. I got I got them all. But it's like your kids be wanting you. They want you. They don't want they don't want your aunt to take them to school. They don't want nothing. They want mom and dad to take them to school. They want like they want to chill with mom and dad. They want to play with mommy. That so it's just like you have to do it yourself, and then like like you just have to do it, like you gotta like get used to a rhythm. Like it's like my family, a lot of them live with me, but they love to be outside. So when they do vacation and everything, and it's like I'm by myself with the kids that it's like damn, I don't really know like what they're gonna want to eat and everything. So I gotta I gotta get used to that. And I really just naturally like it, Like I like this if I could just do this all forever hour, but.
Speaker 16: I got a better work that.
Speaker 10: You think that's the biggest change that has happening in your life over the last five years.
Speaker 4: The kids?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, okay, motherhood period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cause it's like every feeling like like I got a lot to lose before, Like I'm diving in. I lose it all. I lose it all, but I'm gonna curse you.
Speaker 11: Outum, how is it? How is it being a boss with everybody? But then when your kids they boss you around. I've seen some video and your kids was talking to you crazy. There's nothing you can do when your kids talk youz. You just gotta take it.
Speaker 2: I know, ma'am.
Speaker 5: You believe in popping the kids.
Speaker 13: Oh no, you believe in physical.
Speaker 3: Discipline for your kids.
Speaker 2: Like though, like like you know what I'm saying, but like not like gentle parenting. Sometimes gentle parenting. I mean, I mean it deparents because I feel like like I feel like I'm a gentle parent, but then there's that you know, the helmet is gentle parent and they're like they overboard, Like so I just believe that, like you don't have to be like abusive or anything, but it's like you gotta like be asserted because like like not everybody kid is like everybody kid like like my son bad, I.
Speaker 14: Got prooved, he bad, I got bad.
Speaker 5: He just turned to yeah he don't know no better.
Speaker 2: What I show you as hell even though to be like damn all my kids and I knew it too. That's why I was scared to have boys, because I was like, I knew it too.
Speaker 1: They could be terrible too though.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was one too.
Speaker 2: How are you bad at one?
Speaker 5: So what do you do to discipline? I'm like, what are he's afraid of?
Speaker 2: He's not afraid of nothing.
Speaker 5: From or are you tablet or something nothing, No, you don't.
Speaker 2: Care about nothing like you you take it. It's like I message today, then.
Speaker 10: Why why do you let the comments get to you so much? Body just on social media and just like everything.
Speaker 2: I don't know because it's like, you know, you're not talking. That's the thing that matter is that, because it's like why are you talking though? Like what are you Why are you talking? Why are you talking? Like it's like when I was like like a score and everything, Like I used to cut ass like I used to I used to no, no, no, Like I used to like really rose ROAs like like like it's like it's not even like roasting. It was like I could go to with like dudes and stuff like it was just so it's like me, like I'm the type of person that is like I could like take one look at you and it's like I I got like ten jokes line up. So it's just like when people mess with me, it's like, yo, I could really really mess with you. Want to mess my day up? I will mess your whole three weeks up, I will, I will, I will staying better than your head. So it's just like but it's like the fact that I have to restrain myself if.
Speaker 10: Frustratings it frus So when you put out projects, right when you put out music, do you go through the comments to see what people are saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah yeah, because sometimes you gotta also know what people like.
Speaker 10: They're never gonna give you a real critique though, because they just mad that you body and you super successful. How many people going to really feel like this? How many people going to really give it up on social media?
Speaker 2: You know what I be feeling. I be feeling like a lot of people hate to admit do they like me? Like a lot of people are afraid to say that they like me because when people say that they like me, they get attacked. They be getting attacked when they say that they like me or they like they take my side or anything. So I have to accept that they're like people like like me. And there's even people that, like I've seen common nasty about me, and like some of my friends have pressed them about them, like like when they say, like, why why you be going so hard on my girl? And it's like, I don't know, I really do like it though, like like like I just feel like that and it's like.
Speaker 5: I hate that.
Speaker 3: Why do you have to go that route for it really like.
Speaker 2: Like matter of fact'm gonna give you. I'm gonna give you. I'm gonna give you an example. Right, there's a bit right. I don't even know her, but one of my friends know her, and it's like, Yo, why this girl got so much issues with you? And I'm like, I don't even I don't even know this girl. We're not even from the same city. She got so much to say about me, but she always copying my birthday.
Speaker 5: Looks she got money to do that. It must be somebody we know.
Speaker 2: I mean, she does the shame vision.
Speaker 10: But it's like, I don't like me if it hated a confusing myrist. I just don't want that to affect the affect you in your art, you know what I mean, or.
Speaker 2: Your mental I feel like I'm already like getting over that hurdle as long as people don't mean like it's okay. But I do notice too, because I saw, like I've seen people admitting. I seen I've seen trolls admit that they like to throw people into suicide. There was a I seen it. I seen it on Twitter, Like my fans know which one I'm what I'm talking about, Like I've seen shows admit that, like like it's like, yeah, we're gonna get that until she want to kill herself. They really do that, So it's now doing them get that power over me. You're gonna have to die first.
Speaker 16: You die first.
Speaker 5: Hope, I'm miserable. You gotta be to think like that.
Speaker 1: But there's a lot of miserable people out there.
Speaker 5: Oh that mercy. Now, do you regret throwing that microphone at that young?
Speaker 2: It was really like a quick reaction. It was really and let me tell you, I didn't want to address it because I thought was going with jail. I'm not. I didn't really not because people was making their own let me tell you something, right, it was had in a month, So there was a part of the show that I told people like, you don't splash me. But even when I told splashed me, that was I made be careful with the face, the faces be so four songs after nobody has splashed me, I told y'all to splashed me for one oh second. Four songs after which is like, I don't know, fifteen twenty minutes after, there's water and ice on my face. So like it I just automatically reacted. I didn't even know that I was throwing it at I just because it's like doing me right in my face, and and and when I look at the video, it's like, nah, you weren't you were intended to throw that in my face because you didn't did it like this? You do it and the ice and everybody's like, no if you you throw some icing face, and you're gonna tell me how to feel because I felt very violated.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you forget you? I told people to splash you.
Speaker 2: No, but it was it was, it was. It was in a segment, though it was in one segment, Like girl, you did that like twenty minutes later and only that you threw me.
Speaker 14: If if it wasn't ice in it, it would have went different.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't probably would even be different because you splashed me in my face, like you know what you was doing? How ten people splashed me at the same time and nothing hit my face but you you you hit my face directly. No, No, you wasn't. Everybody No, you was trying to be funny. But I'm hilarious though.
Speaker 11: All move we got more Cardy B. It's the breakfast, Good morning morning. Everybody is DJ NV Charlamagne the God just hilarious. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Cardi g Well, first of all, how.
Speaker 2: Is marriage married?
Speaker 1: Is it difficult?
Speaker 11: Because you know he's a celebrity and you're a celebrity, and it's like when he defends you, it's bigger because he is a celebrity. So if somebody says something and he defends you, it's bigger because it's it's set.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Does that bother you? Does that take a toll on your marriage relationship?
Speaker 2: You know what takes a toll on me? What takes a toll on me? A lot of people don't like me. So when people attack him because he's like attached to me, I don't like that. I guess it's like, well, other than that, like I love being married and like we are a partnership, like you know, young is like to be married. And of course it's just like it feels different like it just it feels different than like a relationship. It just really feels like a union. It's just like I got your back, you got my back, no matter what.
Speaker 1: Do I feel like you shared too much of social media?
Speaker 2: It was just one time it was just.
Speaker 1: It was crazy that that was great.
Speaker 2: It was just one time because was gone. We was drunk. Popper Sky you you you gonna do that? Do that?
Speaker 1: Oh no, just do.
Speaker 2: It now You're stupid. Now I'm really violate you.
Speaker 5: So he said that and tell people you cheer for somebody cheating on me, and.
Speaker 11: Then you then you explained it. Cardi goes, how could I cheat? I can never go anywhere with anybody, y'all to explain it that. The next day y'all in parents holding hands at the fashion.
Speaker 1: I'm like, like, this is the Bronx.
Speaker 5: This is the Bronx.
Speaker 2: Love we ghetto, We really really ghetto. I ain't gonna front like everybody used to be like, oh like we've been trying to be perfect. I ain't gonna front like we ghetto.
Speaker 5: You always want to be married young?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, I always wanted I always want to be married, and I always want to be married. Who I always felt like everybody everybody want like the marriage and the kids. I just really good believe I got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I feel like there's a number for Cardi. If Cardi get a certain amount of money, she walking away from all this no music.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, no, Like I feel like you because just like the engine, like I just love it. Like I feel like I enjoyed though, like doing music, like I enjoy performing for real, like I love to, like like I just love to be out there, like I get like a rush. But it's and it's like you can't perform if you don't really have music, So I have to always do music. I love doing music. It's just sometimes it's just like this feels like a job now. So it's just like and so much pressure just drive you crazy. I just want to I want to be in that state where I was, like in twenty sixty to eighteen, where it was just like, ah exciting.
Speaker 5: What made you walk away from that movie that you were supposed to start the.
Speaker 2: Music the album? But this, yeah, like doing like movies and everything, it's really like a ten am to like one am yep, oh my god. So it's like it's really like a job, like a job, job, job, like like like when I do music, and like when I perform, like it's like a rush, like it's like a fun rush, like this is really like it's intense and wait that's.
Speaker 14: What they say when the film come out and you see you know, you see yourself like.
Speaker 2: It is, you know, like I was like, you know, taking acting lessons and everything, like it's like I have one struggle. It was to cry. My teacher was like like my teacher was like, think of the time like that you went through this, this and that. I'm like, I don't feel nothing.
Speaker 5: When's the last time you cried?
Speaker 8: For real?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: I mean I've been crying, you know what I'm saying. I'll be crying. But it's just like on the spot, the spot, like it's like like like I'm gonna laugh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not gonna do it. You're not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: I am gonna do it as soon as soon as I go touring and everything and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: Get to it four years from now.
Speaker 2: No, No, I saw the guy is not gonna be four years.
Speaker 5: It's been five since.
Speaker 2: I have no choice. I have no choice.
Speaker 5: I like it. I don't think you should rush to put out another album.
Speaker 13: Do you have the name for the album yet?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Kind of sort of yeah, kind of sort of. I don't know, Like I don't know if I like it too much, tell us I can't. I can't tell you because.
Speaker 16: If I throw it out there.
Speaker 14: Oh no, you can't. You can't just throw it out there. Let me see if we like it, we'll beleeve it.
Speaker 5: We'll beleeve it.
Speaker 2: No, I can't say I don't believe I'm called.
Speaker 1: You know, I was gonna ask.
Speaker 11: You know, We've seen Offset in Quavo come back together on bet beautiful moment before that. We've seen the video of them arguing. You was in the middle saying, y'all brothers, your brothers.
Speaker 1: I need to stop.
Speaker 11: How how difficult was that in the household trying to get them to understand that they're brothers.
Speaker 1: How difficult that was that for your household and for you?
Speaker 2: I just I just really like to stay away from like you know what I'm saying, Like, especially when like you have like like really really long history not just music. Is like y'all y'all know each other like your whole life. So it's just like I always just like to like step back. I always want like unity always, always, always all the time. So I just didn't I ain't really want to see that. I'm really like a Migos fan, Like I'm really a Migos fan. I'm like a fan of them for real, you know, like when like when people like like people inspire you. But like in twenty seventeen, when I started like you know around we're off set and everything, they really like inspire me more because there was like things that I've never seen, like I felt like I was like like when I was like in twenty seventeen, I just felt like, it's like, damn, a lot of people have turned me down. Theybels have like shut my shirt down. But it's like it's cool. Like the music that I'm doing is I'm doing alright, I'm getting paid twenty thousand dollars to perform, like I'm doing this. When I started dating Offset, and I see that they're like performing in arenas and I'm seeing that they getting hundreds of thousand dollars and they buying Jewey every day, and it's like, no, I was trying, like to be like you in a good space, that's not even. So they like inspire me, and like a lot of they swear like inspired me too. So I'm just like a fan of all of it. So I always feel like, as a woman, you need to stay out of like man business all the time. I just stay away from it.
Speaker 5: You didn't stay out of it that night though practically I did. You were telling them yeah, well they actually tussling. It was just like some words was just so, how did you help offset through the grieving process? Are you still helping them do it?
Speaker 2: It's hard?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can understand. I get it. I get it. I totally get it. What's next for miss body everything?
Speaker 2: I'm back, I'm back to work.
Speaker 10: We don't believe you. You have so many big records that hit number one. We thought this album was coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but oh my gosh, like we went through like a whole pandemic, Like give me afraid.
Speaker 5: You dropped the number one record pandemic easily.
Speaker 1: And you have time.
Speaker 2: I really didn't want to jump an album around the pandemic because I really wanted to tour right there. I wasn't able to tour right after my first album, like I could even do a lot of music videos because I was like pregnant and everything. Like I want to like drop my album and be able to go touring right away. So that was that. Then I had a baby. Then I just like was just going through like you know, I was just yeah, chilling. But now it's just like I'm back outstad and you.
Speaker 5: Got an album driving next year?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What quarter? Body? What quarter?
Speaker 2: I'm looking for the first quarter?
Speaker 5: Are you? Are you? Are you?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 4: Spring summer?
Speaker 5: You don't have to drop a second album album.
Speaker 2: But I have I have it. I have it, I have it.
Speaker 5: I believe she got a song. I believe you got a bunch of songs.
Speaker 2: No, but I have it. Though I have it, you have that, Yeah, I have I have my vision and everything.
Speaker 5: You know what you want to I know.
Speaker 2: What I want everything.
Speaker 13: Okay, Cardi. Your fashion, you are not getting a line. Your fashion is crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give it. I'm gonna give a little size side.
Speaker 1: You had a line in one time, right you're the line with you know it was?
Speaker 10: It was oh here come God damn I heard it too.
Speaker 5: No you didn't. They could be calling you forty.
Speaker 4: Farty y'all.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen. Can we get into the record again one more time?
Speaker 10: I refopect that you said it for a whole hour and had to respect that.
Speaker 1: Where's that, y'all, ladies, gentlemen, cannie b the record. Let's get in the bongos right now, the feature making a stallion and we love you body.
Speaker 2: I love you, I love you.
Speaker 5: Man, somebody find body a toy. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: It's Connie the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Your mornings will never be.
Speaker 4: The same.
Speaker 13: Because right now you want some real.
Speaker 5: It's stocking Donkey of the day. So if you ever feel I need to be a donk man, hit me with the heat. Did she get please?
Speaker 8: Doesn't?
Speaker 3: I had become Donkey of the day.
Speaker 10: The Breakfast Club, bitch, Donkey, Yes, donkey Today goes to a Lancaster County, Pennsylvania woman named Linda Johnson. Linda Johnson is a former general manager at the greatest fast food restaurant in regards the providing comfort and that is Wendy's. Okay, Wendy's is the greatest of all time when it comes to providing comfort. I'm not here to argue with you all about none of this McDonald's, Chick fil A, all those places are cool, but when it comes to providing fantastic comfort food, nothing is better than Wendy's.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is not a commercial. I'm not being paid to say this.
Speaker 10: I just have very fond memories of Wendy's because when I used to drive my grandma in the town back in the day in Monks Corner, South Carolina.
Speaker 5: That's what she used to like to do.
Speaker 10: Stop at Wendy's and she wanted her fries and she wanted them hot. Okay, and Wendy's to this day still provides me that sense of comfort. Now Linda is facing a felony charge of theft by deception. Oh, she is the number one scam them. Okay, I can't lie to y'all. I love hearing about a creative scam. There's a reason they call people scam artists because the scam artist knows how to paint a pretty picture. They have to be creative artists in order to get you to do what it is they want you to do. And Linda has painted a pretty picture. She actually did one of the most creative scams I've seen in a long time. Would you like to know what Linda has done. Let's go to ABC News for the report.
Speaker 18: Police former general manager out of Wendy's and like Sir County, was found stealing from the store. According to an audit, Linda Johnson allegedly checked in and out as a fake employee for over a year from July twenty twenty one to April twenty twenty two OFFICI will say that the theft amounted almost twenty thousand dollars. Documents from the investigation say that Johnson admitted to creating the fake employee and that the paychecks went to her cash app.
Speaker 10: Linda Johnson created a fake employee, clocked in and out as a ghost employee, and had the paychecks go to her bank account, and that's why she's getting donkeyed day to day.
Speaker 5: Why would you have these checks go to your account. You don't have a cousin, a friend, You couldn't open up an LLC.
Speaker 10: I'm not encouraging you to do the crime at all, but if you're going to do the crime, I mean, damn, if you're going to scam, the key.
Speaker 5: To scamming is not getting caught. Okay. The key to scamming is to.
Speaker 10: Not have a paper or digital trail that leads right to you. Now, let me tell you my favorite part of this story.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 10: I was reading this when other managers were questioned about the worker Okay, the ghost worker. Police said some could not remember working with them, while one manager reported that they met him once. Can we stop right here and play a game of guess.
Speaker 5: What race it is? Now?
Speaker 10: We're not playing a game a guess what race it is for Linda Johnson. Okay, I don't care what race he is. I don't even know what race she is, but I want to know what race do y'all think this person was who just lied about meeting an employee who never existed.
Speaker 5: He said he met him one time. Let me repeat the story.
Speaker 10: Lindajohnson, general manager and Wendy's, created a ghost employee, an employee that never existed. She got about twenty grands into her bank account. When other managers were questioned about the fake worker, they said they could not remember working with them, while one manager just one volunteered a lie and reported that they met this person that didn't exist once.
Speaker 5: Willie d guess what race of is? Oh man, that's hard.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 5: That sounds like it could be anybody, but it could be any race. But just say it, Willie. I know it's on the tip of your top. I know you don't want to do it, but now you know, I'm just gonna say white. Just because I blame everything. I'm envy. Linda Johnson created a fake worker at.
Speaker 10: Wendy's and collected twenty grand When other managers were questioned about the fake worker, they said they could not remember working with them, while one volunteered a lie and reported that they met this person that didn't exist once.
Speaker 5: Envy, guess what race it is? I know you want to say what Willy wanted to say, but Willy didn't want to say it. We don't know the name of its.
Speaker 1: Asians.
Speaker 5: It's the black man looking out for the black sister, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: See see see I get why we we feel that way over when you think about all the times white people have made up mysterious black figures to pen crimes on Okay, and in light of Carlie Russell lying about seeing that baby on the side of the highway, you know, I can understand why even we would even think it was black.
Speaker 5: I don't know what race this person is, but I feel like this was one of us.
Speaker 10: Okay, because we why do we like to lie for no damn reason at all?
Speaker 5: We tell each other we five minutes away, when we haven't.
Speaker 10: Even gotten in the shower yet, we pick up the phone and tell each other we're gonna call you right back, going damn well, you're not gonna call back until you remember a week later, we tell.
Speaker 5: Each other, hey man, we need to connect. Let's go do lunch and something, knowing damn well, we have no plans to do none of that.
Speaker 10: Why do you know I do this to people on purpose. I do this in conversation sometime. I just be talking, right, I just want to see how full of cock out somebody is, right, So I'll be talking. I'd be like, you know Ricky right, knowing damn well, Ricky don't exist.
Speaker 5: And we be quick to be like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know Ricky. I know Ricky. I was just with him last week. God damn Ricky.
Speaker 10: You know, damn well, you never met this person once because this person doesn't exist. But for whatever reason, you just decided to tell the powers that be at Wendy's you met this person once. You putting yourself into a situation, making yourself a witness to something that Linda already admitted the police she did. She said during a video call in April that she created the employee and had to paycheck set up to go to her cash AF account.
Speaker 5: If it was me, not only would I fire.
Speaker 10: Linda, I would fire this coworker who decided to lie for.
Speaker 5: No damn reason. You're not welcome here.
Speaker 10: You can't be trusted because I was always taught if you lie, you will steal.
Speaker 5: And to find folks at Wendy's. Ain't got no time for no more thieves. Please give Linda Johnson the Sweet Times and the Hamiltons.
Speaker 3: Know you are.
Speaker 19: Of the day, all the day.
Speaker 5: We really like to live from the recent.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club Morning. Everybody is d J n V.
Speaker 11: Charlamagne the God just hilarious. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 5: He came in here deep like a rapper too.
Speaker 1: How many like that?
Speaker 12: Got to be like that?
Speaker 1: You travel with that many people?
Speaker 4: Brother, come a shower, that's security. Got a director.
Speaker 7: Manager, you know, you know seeing people with Yeah, you know, everybody's doing their own things hotel to hotel room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe express do it. I know that, you know.
Speaker 3: Stop playing with you like.
Speaker 4: Guy is amazing he's doing Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: How did you get into doing these skits and stuff?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Break it down? How did you get into doing this?
Speaker 7: Man, I've been doing since twenty twelve. I started on I'm one of the original guys. In the beginning, you know, you don't have a lot of guys on here that I don't.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: I was a part of that world in the beginning, but one of the ones that I could say still doing it and you know, taking it to new levels, you know what I'm saying, as far as acting, as far as doing stand up and things like that. But yet twenty twelve was when it actually started with me.
Speaker 1: Won't give me the idea to start that was just hey, I'm.
Speaker 4: You know, you know, being funny was a part of me.
Speaker 7: You know, but I first played sports back in the day, so I ain't know that I was gonna be doing something like this receiver.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I played college football as well.
Speaker 7: But you know, growing up as a kid, man, you know, my friends always tell me, Man, you funny. You know, I was funny guy on the team. You know what I'm saying. I was inspired by the people like Aidie Murphy, mind Lawd's watching those people growing up as a kid. You know, one of the most humans in high school stuff like that. Man want most humors.
Speaker 20: He was funny humans, Yeah, humans, Yeah, humour is But yeah, I had a friend who introduced me to to vine.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. He was like, bro, I think you should do this. I didn't know what it was at the time. Six second clip videos. You know what I'm saying. It was so crazy. I got on there. My first video ever did went viral. You know what I'm saying. And what was my land the Talk video? You know how I let him focus, give me direction. I can't remember what I said.
Speaker 14: It's the way you was describing it.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I didn't gonna got nothing duty turn right right now and I got what's not He was like like that right, but it was a crazy environ man, but it was.
Speaker 4: It was dope.
Speaker 7: But I've been doing it for some time and I'm just very you know, happy of myself that I'm one of the ones that you know, it's.
Speaker 4: Only a few of us. Like I said, that kept it going, kept going.
Speaker 5: You know who you? King?
Speaker 1: Badge, Badge, d c.
Speaker 8: R.
Speaker 4: Yeah cool, Now I had Davis was was there at the time? How I was there?
Speaker 1: Cornell?
Speaker 5: You don't like Cornell the lights King? Cornell?
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't, I don't remember you. I don't remember like that. I ain't gonna sound like he's dope.
Speaker 1: He's dope.
Speaker 7: I think corn that is really really good. He's there because he likes you. No, I didn't know he's on Vine. I don't remember him being on Vine.
Speaker 4: I can't think.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't like Nelly did okay?
Speaker 5: No, I don't know why he got a problem.
Speaker 7: I don't have a problem that, Cortnell.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 4: I don't have no problem with you. I think you're dope. I think you're amazing, brother, Keep doing your stay.
Speaker 13: He just don't remember Cornell being on Vine.
Speaker 4: I don't that's what he said, But I know I remember him on Instagram.
Speaker 1: That's going to Cornell that the headline.
Speaker 5: He is corn Cornell memorable.
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I remember.
Speaker 1: I don't like. I don't know what I said.
Speaker 4: Nelly's when I said, you didn't know it's big hating on the corner of.
Speaker 5: Jesus.
Speaker 4: This is what y'all do up here.
Speaker 11: Yeah, How difficult was it to turn those sketches into sketches into like live you know, shows and performances and.
Speaker 1: Build out an actual show. How difficult was that?
Speaker 4: Well, I think is different from skits to stand up.
Speaker 7: That's what you're saying. Skits is you know, when you go on that stage. Man, you can't say, all right, let me do the joke again.
Speaker 5: You know, it's a.
Speaker 4: Different type of preparation. You know what I'm saying. You got to actually putting the work. You know what I'm saying. When it come to working on the joke, you gotta refue, you gotta do open mics. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: You got to put them miners in on stage, and you gotta study for it. You gotta be a student of the game when it comes to that stuff.
Speaker 4: Man. You know, it's it's totally different. I would say, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 16: Where do you do open mics?
Speaker 6: Do you?
Speaker 14: Because with your big platform, people like us we can't just go and we can, but it's it's harder for us to go in like little hole in the wall clubs or here.
Speaker 13: Then do open mics practice our jokes?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: When I you know, when I first started, in the beginning, I was doing it in that life. But now majority of my stuff, when I'm working on new jokes, I'm thankful that I got weekends at shows.
Speaker 4: Nice I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So I work out a lot of my material and my shows and my material contend to build and build and bill you know, every weekend.
Speaker 4: Every weekend. My goal is to do a new joke every show.
Speaker 11: You maybe your best show in your worship, what was your worst show? And what was your best worst show?
Speaker 7: My worst show was probably in the ba Hummas. It was one of the terriblest shows I ever did in my Yeah, that was like in the beginning though, like I I would say, I was just very scripted, and people knew it was scripted, like you could tell. I was like, yeah, remember you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: You know, I like Bombita because I like to see how people handle that on stage. I think standard comedy is the toughest thing you could ever do on the It was terrible, man, I like to see how.
Speaker 5: People handle it.
Speaker 7: Was once you see people walking out then walking out of here, yeah yeah, yeah for sure walking out and you know as you see that, your mouth get dry, your body get the squeeze in, and you know, and after the show, you know, you have that person come up to you and tap you on the show and they'd be like, man, you know, you.
Speaker 1: Know it's gonna be okay.
Speaker 5: You know you just keep going.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be just fined every day.
Speaker 7: If you don't want to do it, that's fine too, you know, so you just say that's my time.
Speaker 1: Did you finish your set?
Speaker 7: I finished it, and I stayed down and I said, you know, and I was thinking to myself. I did think, like, damn, is this really for me? You know what I'm saying. But you know, I end up saying, O, man, this was a time where I had to figure out what it was. You know what I'm saying. Why Why was it they laughing?
Speaker 1: You know, and not know why?
Speaker 7: I never messing me up in the beginning of real talk, like I was in the Bahamas and I said something that I should never say.
Speaker 4: I learned and I can't.
Speaker 7: You can't never talk bad about Jesus.
Speaker 4: I said.
Speaker 7: When I landed, I said, like, if you to. I don't even know if I should say this on here because I feel like they might tech me again. But I said, like when I was landing, like I saw like I saw like trees, like I saw a lot of trees, I saw grass. I seem like it's like a safari like a little bit. And I should have never said that. I said that in like the show. I said it in the beginning too, and everybody was looking at me like mm.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Think what you said. I'm just saying, is that supposed to be a joke?
Speaker 4: Like what I thought?
Speaker 7: You know, I was being truthful to what I thought something wrong and that was not a good idea. And right then I probably got some little chuckles, but them chuckles just went lower and lower.
Speaker 4: It was over with.
Speaker 1: In my opinion.
Speaker 4: I still think I learned from it, though.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 16: With that being in.
Speaker 14: Twenty eighteen, though, that's and then now we're twenty twenty three, that's five years ago. Still, that was in the very beginning for you to even be booked in the Bahamas. That's us a lot, you know what I'm saying. So I think he said I don't give still, but no, I think that's good. Would you go back there and do another show?
Speaker 5: I would?
Speaker 7: I most definitely would. And I love the Bahmas. Yeah, so people you love going on the Safar, do all from go do?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: I will.
Speaker 7: I will go out there and do it shore again. I love be all out there and I promise you I would lift you. You guys, place up. You got a future play. The food is amazing out there.
Speaker 1: The best show now because the show.
Speaker 7: I ain't gonna lie man for me. Man, I just did I just did my hometown. I just did two so shows at the Tabernacle.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: But to go back home, I've done it before.
Speaker 7: But my growth of what it was from when I did it two years ago, it's like grown, man, and like, you know, to see the people there and get that standing know and stuff like that for you know, your hometown. That was like a shock to me, Like you know, Okay, now I'm doing it now, you know what I'm saying, you know, And of course I'm still learning to grown, but you know I'm doing it all right.
Speaker 11: We got more with Desi Banks when we come back, don't move. It's the breakfast club. Good morning, Envy, Charlamagne. The guy Jess Hilarius was still kicking it with Desi Banks.
Speaker 1: Charlamagne.
Speaker 5: What did you start making money? That's what I always wanted about the guys and girls that be on mind crazy people think.
Speaker 10: People think that all these views you're making money. Yeah, always translate the money. So when did you start making money?
Speaker 7: I started making money on YouTube. That was back in like I like twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, like nine dollars a month, you know, yeah, seventeen hundred dollars stuff.
Speaker 5: Like that, And I was happy. I like the people, Yeah, everybody.
Speaker 7: Makes I weren't making that at the time, but I was just happy to get my own apartment and you know, be able to get my hair cut and pay my cell phone bill and you know, do these videos.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. That was my thing back then. I wasn't worried about nothing else.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. I knew everything was gonna come aside. You know what I'm saying, to put it in the work.
Speaker 5: But you know what got you to the stage, Like, who what made you say? You know what I'm gonna go do? Stand up? You don't necessarily do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I went through something.
Speaker 7: I went through something, man, And you know, like I said, I was a student of the game, and I felt like if if I wanted to be respected and I wanted to take things to another level as far as being in movies and stuff like that, I had to do what the the ogs did, the ones that they lay the blueprint.
Speaker 4: Out for us.
Speaker 5: You told me that somebody told you that.
Speaker 7: No, No, like I said, nobody told me that Okay. Yeah, like I said, I was a real student of it. You know what I'm saying. I watched like people like Aden Eddie Murphy Martin and it was like my main two you know, growing.
Speaker 4: Up as a kid, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: And when I really started taking it after football, you know, I saw what they did.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. They getting no big movies. You have to do to stand up.
Speaker 7: You know, every big comedian that you see in this world, that's that's been in the movie they they've done, you know, stand up. So I knew I had to do that. But like I said, I had a story. Man, I I was I was put out my x X for the OU apartment because I you know, I was, I was making enough money.
Speaker 4: And that's when I knew.
Speaker 7: Then I had to figure out how to hell, I'm a goddamn get some money.
Speaker 5: And how she tell you that?
Speaker 7: Oh he well, now you know it was just the point I felt like, you know, at the time, I felt like.
Speaker 1: He's right, because you can't assume I don't.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just felt like at the time, she didn't believe in what I wanted to do. She wanted to get a job you know what I'm saying. I didn't make enough income. And at the time I worked in like Smoothie King. So the money that I was getting, like I said, I was just paying to to get me a high cut, play my cell phone bill and everything else.
Speaker 4: I was just giving her.
Speaker 5: You know, make.
Speaker 4: Flect on. She probably happy for I would hope. So you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But she's been the block.
Speaker 4: Nah No, I don't think so in.
Speaker 3: A relationship now.
Speaker 5: Crazy, No more with doubt.
Speaker 1: Let me finish my swimming sweat. Damn you sweating right now?
Speaker 5: Damn just sent you what happened?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 5: Come on?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: You know my situations.
Speaker 13: I know, I don't.
Speaker 4: You followed me, you start playing you know what's going on? You don't do that.
Speaker 1: We don't know what.
Speaker 5: I know you.
Speaker 4: I gotta get family, man, I got a family.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you have a family.
Speaker 4: So why you ain't answered with that?
Speaker 1: I would know my story?
Speaker 5: Just guilty. I don't know what you acting guilty.
Speaker 14: Of because I thought he had a family, Like, like what happens? I got a family, Okay, that's what I thought. I wanted you to say it, say you have a.
Speaker 1: Family, kid, you got I got.
Speaker 5: One one Yeah, that's her, the one you feed n ice cream to.
Speaker 4: No, because you never know what.
Speaker 1: There gonna put.
Speaker 2: Shoot.
Speaker 5: The headline is when she kept you cheating on another level?
Speaker 4: Yeah that she had that. She caught me with the drone.
Speaker 5: Got whoa?
Speaker 13: That was real?
Speaker 1: Damn Like, I'm not coming back.
Speaker 2: Here, man.
Speaker 4: My skits.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna put something about that? Why you Instagram?
Speaker 4: I I said, you're supposed to be seeing.
Speaker 14: I supposed to know because I know he has a family. I just want to see if you was gonna say, yeah, you know, I gonna be admitting that they had families. I got okay, I love that. Well, thank you, yes, yes, well the child.
Speaker 5: Don't make it a family. You got it, so you would, you wouldn't a woman in a child. It's awkward. Now you got a whole I got a family.
Speaker 4: Man, take care of my family. Got to take care of my family.
Speaker 1: Got back to your tour.
Speaker 10: Very I don't know what chilling I'm checking for a while some men, right man?
Speaker 5: Awkward?
Speaker 1: No it didn't get awkward.
Speaker 4: No it didn't. I was just because she knew that.
Speaker 7: I don't think she's gonna because I was talking, she's gonna bust in.
Speaker 4: You could have waited.
Speaker 1: You ask me that when I finished.
Speaker 11: The purpose chasing to her telling about that where he can get tickets and all that.
Speaker 7: Now you can get tickets and a link in my bio. But yeah, perposation to it right now, man for it. So if I'm in your city, man, come see me live on stage. Come see something different outside of you know, social media. I would say, yes, it's.
Speaker 5: An hour show.
Speaker 7: Yep, well no longer than that. I do the our other guys do thirty thirty plus minutes. It was like an hour and a half, almost two hours.
Speaker 5: Well, much continued success you man.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Man, you achieve all your goals.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it. Man, Thank you so much. The next time I come in bear hopefully we'll be talking about the movie and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Yeah, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. On everybody.
Speaker 11: It's DJ AMV and Charlamagne the gud We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building, legend the brother a Z.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, welcome.
Speaker 1: Yes, first time got to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Too, right, first time?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Why are you feeling black? Man?
Speaker 16: Feel juvenated?
Speaker 5: Revived?
Speaker 10: I always wanted to ask you why you do something seal like that in BELLI, man, why you ain't want them? Why you didn't want them that you saw some trouble coming.
Speaker 16: Listen, when they give you a script, you gotta follow.
Speaker 5: It's a script.
Speaker 16: In reality, I wouldn't.
Speaker 15: Even been on the block with the babe in reality. No way in the world I understand that one.
Speaker 16: But man, Yeah, So.
Speaker 11: For people that don't know a Z, don't know the history of a Z, let's start from the beginning.
Speaker 1: Where is a Z from? And what got you into music?
Speaker 5: Brooklyn?
Speaker 15: I'm a book the guy of course, like everybody else, the sugar Hill Gang, you know, King Timber third eighty nineteen eighty, that dropped and hip hop turned everybody out, You know what I mean, as far as we're getting on that was that wasn't by design.
Speaker 16: It just happened, you.
Speaker 15: Know, just being at the right place, right time, meeting Niles on the phone and just happened.
Speaker 1: How did you How did you mean?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 11: Is you from Brooklyn? Added that connect? Cause back then you know it was Burrow to borrow. Brooklyn messed with Brooklyn, Queens mess with Queens. Harlem was with Harlem b XBX right.
Speaker 15: It was a homie thing, you know what I mean. My Homi knew was Homei're like, yo, my people's been in your people's home on the phone me actually, me and I was on the phone for a year first or we even bomp PEZ and I never asked to get on an album.
Speaker 16: I came to the studio. He invited me.
Speaker 15: I went a couple of times prior to we're doing li likes, just you know, just being supportive, you know what I mean.
Speaker 16: And we put on likes. I started rapping them myself.
Speaker 5: He knew racked.
Speaker 16: We was going back and forth, but when he heard.
Speaker 15: It, he was like, I need that, man, I need that on the joint. I'm thinking he's playing because I think Halftime was out of it.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 15: It was crazy in the streets for him. I didn't have belief for myself at the time, you know what I mean. But that was crazy.
Speaker 16: So hopped on the joint and it would have kept it on the album.
Speaker 10: I could argue that Life is the best record on Illmatic. I can argue that when you think of you think of.
Speaker 16: That record, man, looking at that.
Speaker 1: Album is such a classic album, that one.
Speaker 11: But then you got like you said halftime, it ain't hard to tell you got great records.
Speaker 10: But I'm just talking.
Speaker 15: I think that being the last song that they heard because his tape was so reved in the streets and it was everybody just had it before the album came out. So I think life like the last song nobody heard or expected, but when they heard it, like because you feeling nobody could really out wrap this guy right here when.
Speaker 16: You're handing him. We first heard him and he put me on. I figured he's being.
Speaker 11: Nice that the music in that that song was was I think something different. I mean, you think about it, right y'all rapping it in you hit a the horns at the horns at the end, and the horns are going and you're riding through it, and it was just that project was just an amazing project. Hook in the world you felt that if you was in a certain I.
Speaker 15: Agree, yeah, I mean at that time, I guess it was a lot in the streets at that time, you know what I mean, And everybody was just trying to figure it out.
Speaker 16: So that hook me.
Speaker 5: So he gave you the beat and you did the verse in the hooking.
Speaker 15: No, he gave me actually at least was playing a beat. And I was just in the studio and I heard it. I was in my own zone, you know, back in the days. Well, I don't know how I go now, I'm you know, everybody do studios different, But in the studio, everybody's in the studio, you know what I mean. So these three over there smoking weed, them three over there drinking here, and see, I'm probably over there just I'm in my own zone because I know I'm from Brooklyn. The whole Queen's crawling there, you know. I'm okay, I'm just meeting everybody.
Speaker 16: But I was in my own zone. And he heard it. He was like, spit that again.
Speaker 5: Get out of it.
Speaker 15: And then like going going to booth, you know, I spit it. I had to hook already. And then they heard it.
Speaker 16: They was like, yo, that's it, you know what I mean. It went crazy. I was like, I keep it. I still wasn't really, you know, But then he kept it on the album.
Speaker 5: Salute him. You did.
Speaker 11: We did for the whole process of that album.
Speaker 1: No, not the probably half half and y'all recorded that in the city or Queens or not in the city.
Speaker 5: The city.
Speaker 11: So now that record comes out right, and and people of like Charlamae said, who's that?
Speaker 1: Who's that?
Speaker 5: Who's that?
Speaker 1: And now when did you get your deal? Because everybody thought you were from Harlem.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 10: I thought I always thought assumed you were from Queens until I read up on your history back in the day and I'm like, oh, he's from Brooklyn. And now i think I'm like, well, damn, how come they don't mention a z with the great Brooklyn mcs.
Speaker 5: Like whenever somebody be like who the Knights is.
Speaker 10: From Brooklyn, Like, regardless of what Barrow you would be from, you'd be listed.
Speaker 16: I mean, my name come up. Yeah, I mean I heard I heard a few times.
Speaker 10: On one of the greatest you talk about a lot of a lot of this history was that you just letting people know like this is how I got on, this is what I've been doing, and this is why I'm wanted the best.
Speaker 15: Yeah, well, you know what, I want to show another side of me, right because most of the time I wrap up, there's a lot of bravados just really just spitting poetry, and you know, I just wanted to really take them, take them on a tour off. Really the inception and what I've seen and what I've been through, just you know, to take the fans on, you know, a little journey with me. But yeah, I feel like I'm one of the greatest now I feel like that. I feel like I'm good. I got enough albums under the belt, you know, I know the greats. I could dance with them.
Speaker 16: So yeah, I'm tired of myself. One of the greats is the fact.
Speaker 11: One thing I would say about a z is coming up in New York. I would see as was always out right. I would see him at a function, a party, of club, whatever, or out and about. You would never with too many people.
Speaker 16: Maybe in the beginning, in the begainning.
Speaker 15: After a while, I was like, let me figure it out right because early early in the in my career em I folded. That was like a slap in the face because I you know, I'm learning the game as we're going along. It's a music business, right, So now I'm like the forster kid in the business, right because I'm going from label to label label trying to figure it out. So you got a lot of luggage on your back. It's hard to really figure things out. Makes things a little more crazy, you know, what I mean. So I was shaving the weight as I was moving on.
Speaker 10: You know, Andre three thousand recently said that at his age of forty eight, he feels like he has nothing to rap about. You clearly don't feel that way.
Speaker 16: No, I mean for me, everybody, everybody different.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 15: For me, it feel like I'm representing for those that really never made it or see me made it.
Speaker 16: In my mind, this is this is me in my mind, like damn.
Speaker 15: You know a lot of homies lost their lives, a lot being locked up for long time. So I'm like, I'm just represented from for them caving the torch I probably had never stopped.
Speaker 11: Also, through your career, you guys created the firm. Ah, Now, how was the firm created? And how did you guys decide to pick the members of the firm?
Speaker 16: How was the firm career?
Speaker 15: I mean, me and Nasa had the idea for a while for my album for More Money, More Murder, and then from there we Fox. I knew Fox and she was just at that time, I think, I don't know, I'm trying to remember how it really happened, but I know Kim was doing her thing, and then I'm like, yah, I know somebody from Brooklyn. He was like cool. So then we bought Fox at the Table and she was getting hot. I think she did the jay z joint. After that, it was it was Nas brought Mega to the table and and and and then you have it, and then all the other things took place.
Speaker 1: Then y'all decided to do a project with Dre.
Speaker 15: Fat Oh yeah, okay with that part, with Na's messing with Dre and and it was written and he going double platinum made it that much easier, made it that much easier for the firm to happen. So gave it a shot. You know, everybody was really successfully doing their own thing, you know what I mean, And it made it that that easier. And but it was a lot of cooks in the kitchen, you know what I mean, like management and labels, and it was it became hectic on that and really, you know, reap the fruits.
Speaker 11: I was gonna ask because I felt like that project never got the lighted deserve. Right y'all stepped outside the box with Wyatt tap your third video the other day. But I felt like with the amount of artists on there, even when they went from Mega to Nature and you and and Fox and Nolge just felt like it should have been a bigger project, but it kind of felt like it just fizzled out.
Speaker 16: I mean, it was so much going on.
Speaker 15: It was just so so much, man, you know, you got, like I said, different labels, management contracts.
Speaker 16: It was just too much. I think, you know what I mean.
Speaker 15: I guess after they invested with so much, they figured like, all right, this is enough. We we ain't gonna keep building the midnight oil on this.
Speaker 1: Who's idea was the wiretap?
Speaker 15: I would say, I would say it was it was I say it was Myles. I take that because me being in there and Dre doing the beat, I hopped in there, got his zone I had. I had an idea, but the nads came up with like the hook. It was a good thing, man, it was good. Listen, they're still talking about it.
Speaker 1: We got more with a Z. When we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Good morning, and Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with a Z.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, Charlamagne, you taled to this album truth be told? But what truth are you telling? My truth?
Speaker 15: You know, just just my truth on when I when I did one of the greats. I felt like I was just being personal. I took the title from there, and all of the other songs were just me just expressing my my perspective, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: So, yeah, how'd you pick your features? And you only got three features on the album? You got more Move Fresh Joe foul Munch.
Speaker 15: I mean foul Mars, stand up all Day, Liverpool, Liverpool Monster. I actually he was on thirty six seasons that ghosted. That was crazy. I always wanted to, you know, do a record with him. At the end of the day, Joe, me and Joe. Joe was just there. Joe a good brother, you know what I mean. Actually from him giving me sneakers. I kind of seen him back to back after that at the nas uh the dinner thing, you know, I just kept running into him. I'm like, okay, I got I got Joe and Joe get busy and more move She was on a show I spost have been on.
Speaker 16: I was like, who is MoU MoU Fresh? And I looked up. She was crazy, He's we gotta do more music.
Speaker 10: Her voice is phenomenal rap saying yeah she said after her singing yes, yes, what do you think, was there any disconnect with like you in the industry, like back in the nineties, because it.
Speaker 5: Feels like you were set up like win and win big. Yeah.
Speaker 15: But like I said, when in and my folder, everybody has a label that pushes them. I didn't have a label at that time, so it was a wrap to me, right, So in my mind, I keep on going. So I'm going from from there to Virgin, from Virgin to Electure, from Electure.
Speaker 16: The more like I kept the beauty of it.
Speaker 15: I've never been dropped, And the beauty of it is they didn't try to put shelf.
Speaker 16: Me, you know what I mean. That was a great thing.
Speaker 5: Were they making you make music that you necessarily didn't want to.
Speaker 16: Make or no, No, I had free will.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 15: It was just that, you know, if a label not behind you at that time, now that we know the game, you're not going. But so far, you know what I mean, because it's a lot they got to put in market, promotion, radio.
Speaker 16: They're not one hundred percent behind you. Is nothing's happening.
Speaker 11: You think you get the credit acknowledgement that you put in in all the records that you've done that you deserve, especially this year with fifty years of hip hop. You see all these celebrations and I'm thinking, I'm like, damn, I've never seen AZ mention the majority of hmm do I.
Speaker 15: I never really thought about that either. I mean, I'm here. You know, I'm independent. I've been in the game. I think in due time. You know, everything is surface. But I mean the true heads they know what it is, you know what I mean, they know I'm sure no, But like I said, this is a business. Let's not forget that, you know. And it's a lot of things that go behind these names and things that's being done. You know, a lot of sponsorship, a lot of people vouching certain things.
Speaker 16: And it's cool.
Speaker 15: I mean, I'm sure the lover is there within the music business and outside. Like I'm kind of cool. Everybody got a position to play the end of the day, you know what I'm saying, Like I stand on it.
Speaker 1: This cool.
Speaker 15: You know you got those is there, you got those is really there, and you got thoses right here.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 16: I figure, I'm right here, you know what I mean, And that's my position.
Speaker 11: There's always rumors that you and now I was supposed to do a couple of albums together. Whatever happened to that when we got the life there's more money, more problems.
Speaker 16: Listen, that's my brother. I ask that man. You know what I mean. I'm here, never be ready, I'm here.
Speaker 10: Did he inspire you, you know with what he was doing with hit Boy over the last few years.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Yeah, facts, facts, he definitely did.
Speaker 15: I mean to see him constantly put music out and and stay relevant and and and and as as his pingt Sharper's like it inspires me, Like, yeah, that's my boy, and that's what made me just really of course I had to put door do Tua, but now just staying on it right now, I ain't know, like Yoice, my last album were dying now, we ain't doing that.
Speaker 5: And where the visualizer? Where did that come from?
Speaker 16: Visualizing?
Speaker 1: Realizable?
Speaker 16: And he took it from there? Okay, okay, he took it from there. They gave me a title, but they started calling people.
Speaker 5: What what what? What did what did you?
Speaker 10: What did you visualize for yourself that that absolutely came true in this in this rap game.
Speaker 16: That's the little dream for my pizza.
Speaker 5: Never made it. That's it, that's it, that's all.
Speaker 16: I can't ask for too much.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 10: The reason I like that mentality, man, is because you know, you got so many people like I want to be a billionaire. I want to tell record, sometimes just being alive is enough, being able to represent for the people who are not here.
Speaker 15: No more great expectations bring a great disappointment, you know.
Speaker 16: What I mean?
Speaker 10: So yeah, have you ever had any expectations for yourself in this game?
Speaker 16: In this game just just just to stay relevant.
Speaker 15: And I think I'm doing a good job, you know, and staying out the way because you know, just be a lot.
Speaker 16: I see a lot of things to use for marketing tools.
Speaker 15: Like you know when I see things and I can't really understand why it's going on, and you sit back with all see what's going on? So it's just a game. It's a game of entertainment. I'm figuring out and it's late in the game, but I get it now because I'm time.
Speaker 16: Like, why would you want to mess the money up?
Speaker 1: You got a positive note, yes, man.
Speaker 10: The positive note is simply that I just read a quote that said, never be the reason someone asked God for peace. So God forgive me for the times I've been the toxic person in somebody's life.
Speaker 4: Breakfast club You don't finished, or y'all done.