Speaker 1: Wait your ass up.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club is on wa y'all.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club Envy and Charlemagne, the voice of the culture.
Speaker 1: You then I'm gonna come here when the thing.
Speaker 4: See y'all different, y'all the coach it's different.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like y'all know what y'all talking.
Speaker 5: This is probably becoming the most prominent forum for here, probably.
Speaker 6: Be here next to all of you guys.
Speaker 7: It's really put.
Speaker 4: It in perspective to the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Bitch, wake up, ray right ray yo, Charlemagne, Dansey, what up are we lying?
Speaker 8: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: I gotta indoor pool, outdoor pool.
Speaker 8: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Get on the.
Speaker 9: Phone right now here, tell you what it.
Speaker 4: Is we lie Hello.
Speaker 2: Who's this yo?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 10: This market is from Tampa.
Speaker 2: Flood from Tampa, Florida. Get it off each other, brother, Hey.
Speaker 10: Real quick, Charlomagne, you gotta take it easy on Flood.
Speaker 11: My bad.
Speaker 10: You always come to say us, but you never talk about the Bronx. You say the createst pick the person in Flood in the Bronx. But I haven't heard you say anything about the Bronx in a good, good little minute. The segments always dedicated to us.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Man?
Speaker 12: That's because Florida always outshines everybody when it comes to having the craziest stories. Like right now, I haven't even looked at my donkeys yet, but automatically I'm looking at some headlines. Florida woman skips one hundred and sixty dollars Walmart bill claim security guard tried to hoghl at her. Florida man punched his pitch on custom man wheelchair McDonald's after heated argument. Florida man fatally stabbers brothers power after nobody shared weed with him.
Speaker 4: What you want me to do?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: What you want me to do?
Speaker 13: You wouldn't know the answer to that.
Speaker 10: But everybody moving here, No, these all these people coming from different parts for the reason the world.
Speaker 13: This is the retirement stake.
Speaker 10: I mean, if you got no taxes, the weather's grade, it's a tourist attraction. Everybody started coming here.
Speaker 4: It's the water.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 12: Most of these people ain't never committed a crime till they get to Florida and they drink some of that guy damn Florida water, and they turn and then they turned in the gun play the by Marcus Marcus.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this yo? This is Chris, Chris what get it off your chest?
Speaker 6: Chris?
Speaker 9: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 9: I just want to say, Don Charlamagne forty.
Speaker 4: Three, what's happening? I'm right here, my brother.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 9: I want to tell you man, I'm disappointed in you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 9: You at infant really cut. I feel like I hear all this Drake talk this week, you know, shout out the Ovo Eli No.
Speaker 10: Forty twelve, all them guys.
Speaker 9: But what about Rod Wave? Y'all ain't say nothing about road Wave when he dropped. Rod Wave went number one.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 9: Rod Wave selling out arenas by himself, he headlining. But I don't hear nothing.
Speaker 14: About rod Wave.
Speaker 9: You absolutely right, right, they say, I read I read on Billboard. Now he's the second artist behind Taylor Swift to get number one consecutively twenty twenty one, twenty two, and twenty three.
Speaker 4: But talk about rod You're absolutely right, Rod Waves.
Speaker 9: We gotta change that now, we gotta change You're doing it right.
Speaker 12: Now when you write, you right though, salute the road Wave and that nostalgia album.
Speaker 4: Road Waves definitely doing this thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, y'all, y'all gotta start playing. I know that y'all got the system. Y'all play with what. Y'all gotta play this and that, But at least talk about rod Man rock from Florida on Florida represents Florida. Man in South, Charlotte Mayne, I to suspend the most from you from the South.
Speaker 4: You're absolutely right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Blame it Charlotte.
Speaker 12: Rocky road Wave and Nick Grant dropped a real great project. We should be playing. We should give fight to feeling some spins on the radio that's off the Nostalgia album.
Speaker 4: You're absolutely right. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that you're wrong.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this Marning morning? Guys?
Speaker 15: Just walking from Toronto?
Speaker 2: Hey, walking from Toronto. Get it off your chest, brother.
Speaker 15: I just want to say, it's much more easier just preading negative energy than positive energy.
Speaker 4: Yes it is.
Speaker 15: And Jada finkin book is an awesome reader.
Speaker 4: Yes it is.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 15: I cried in it, I locked in it, and I feel her pain, and I just want to say, kneeling energies, Quecius turn her family. I just want to say, you guys, keep doing a good job.
Speaker 12: One of the things as soon as you read the book, the first thing you say to yourself is everybody's having the wrong conversations here, you know, Hello, who's this Hey?
Speaker 1: Good morning, ds Envy Charlemagne.
Speaker 4: The God, good morning.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to get off my chest.
Speaker 15: I love the Breakfast Club so much, the whole staff, Red Taylor, Oh.
Speaker 13: Yo, Eli, all the crew you're doing, you know, lady job love y'all.
Speaker 4: But Lauren, what horoscopes?
Speaker 7: What's your sign?
Speaker 4: Lauren? Boy?
Speaker 7: What's your sign?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 2: What's your sign?
Speaker 7: Let's get into why you saw attacked? What's your sign?
Speaker 8: Sagittarius?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, I understand you. Then I'm a sade too, and people are always calling you toxic.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say you talkic.
Speaker 2: You, sir, not me?
Speaker 13: Oh me, No, I've never been called talking.
Speaker 7: Oh that's a lot. You're sad.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think that it just says a lot about people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think it does.
Speaker 1: I think it applies to everybody kind of generally.
Speaker 4: Well, you have a great morning.
Speaker 7: Don't be taxing me.
Speaker 2: That sad to me? That Oh media, I'm sorry, they was mine. Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: It's a good day.
Speaker 8: Is it your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 5: Wait up, whether you're mad or black, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 1: Call up now. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one.
Speaker 8: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Hello, who is what's up this nick from Ohio?
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Fellas n Get it off your chest?
Speaker 13: All right, man? I just want to make Sraine tripping, all right. So my baby mom she got two kids, right, I got my older kids by her other baby father in jail. So I'll go get my son. He's fourteen here sports, big kid. I pay chalks for all that. She'd be mad because I be getting them, and he don't want to be over there with them and the other kids and stuff. She told him he got to come home and struggle with them tint somethings.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, that's how son she wants to somebody. I mean, if you got better environment, a better way of doing things, she should let them stay with you. I don't see a problem with that his dad every morning.
Speaker 13: I take him to school every morning, and I think her she is the school every morning as well.
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you the type of parent that brings your son McDonald's and don't bring the other kids McDonald's.
Speaker 13: No, I bouy them all food. I put food in their house. I go to the grocery store, go buy three four hundred groceries and put them in their house.
Speaker 1: All that.
Speaker 12: If your baby mama called up here now when she when she confirmed this story or deny this store.
Speaker 13: My kids will confirm it.
Speaker 4: Okay, well y'all, hopefully y'all can work it out.
Speaker 2: You gotta get all the kids stuff for Christmas a ton of money.
Speaker 4: You ain't gonta do all that now.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying, you want to make.
Speaker 13: Sure I wasn't a trip, But I just feel like that's like unfair, Like what's the point of having a dad if you can't like kill with his dad or you know, take the off.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be on.
Speaker 12: The crazy part is he might not even remember you buying all those groceries, but she'll remember you not buying the Christmas gift. So sometimes you gotta you know, you know, prove a point like, don't buy the other kids Christmas gift, buy your child of Christmas.
Speaker 4: Please don't. I'm serious, But.
Speaker 13: I wouldn't do that anyway, because my son the oldest. I'll be trying to lead by example. You know, I love who he loves. I'm trying to like lead by example. He got his other brothers. They all their dad is incarcerated. So I try to look you know, as much as I can. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. I try to look out for them too. But it's like when he over there, he missed practice, he misses games, all that. When he with me, he go to practice every day, he go to his games every day.
Speaker 10: He's just good.
Speaker 13: He tell me that I can't get no peace over there. You know what I'm saying. Okay, Yeah, he's like, man, I can't get no peace. I can't go to sleep. He gotta clean up after them, his kids.
Speaker 12: This more thing, Well, you sound like a good man, So just keep fighting a good fight, bro.
Speaker 17: I love it.
Speaker 4: He want more.
Speaker 18: But I.
Speaker 2: Thought some friends, man, hello, who's this?
Speaker 17: Like?
Speaker 13: I've seen Joe going and breakfast club, Joe, Joe, Pepsy Joe. I just want everybody to hug their father. I recently lost my father for.
Speaker 1: Cancer right before Thanksgiving, and it hurts. It does.
Speaker 13: So you're listening, thank you, Charlae.
Speaker 4: Man, if you're listening, please tell your father man, love your father.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about my daddy laught. Next, I was riding in the car and uh, that loof Evandre song came on that.
Speaker 13: You beat you luthen hits man.
Speaker 10: When you lose your father, lu to the hits And if you lost your father, you know, took my father flaps.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I want to say, because I know that make you said, yeah.
Speaker 13: Exactly, lost again, bro, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Everybody.
Speaker 13: Happy Monday, Happy Friday.
Speaker 4: Saluted my pops man. Salute the cowboy out there in monscow to South Carolina. Kid Field, what's happening? Love you, love you daddy, my pop man.
Speaker 2: Yesterday was my mom and dad's fifty fifth anniversary. Oh that's amazing. That's what so a slut the mom and pops yesterday?
Speaker 4: What you give him? That's glue?
Speaker 1: Cheo.
Speaker 4: You ain't saying pop Noble, Blue Chooth.
Speaker 2: Proba probably probabs got blue Schooth.
Speaker 4: Blue Blue Choo and the Bluetooth. When you get to a thirtain age in the morning.
Speaker 2: But by your props, good pop.
Speaker 4: Don't worry about it. You know, I can't find out about twenty years.
Speaker 2: About thirty years, you'll find out. You'll find out. You look on the counter and be like, what's this better than blue shoes?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 6: What that?
Speaker 1: Baby?
Speaker 4: A good time?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one. If you need to be in here, this up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody's d J n V. Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guests in the building, the legend Cedric the entertain and welcome brother.
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 1: Good morning? Good morning man.
Speaker 4: How y'all doing we blessed Black and Holly favorite. How you feeling man?
Speaker 1: Man, it's been a good day man. We you know, we open up the books.
Speaker 5: Just doing well. So I'm excited, man. Always great to be in the city. It was so much going on.
Speaker 1: It was a lot.
Speaker 5: I was trying to you know how you keep trying to go home and everybody call you like, hey, mention stuff through here.
Speaker 4: Come through it?
Speaker 2: Birthday party?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How many offics? You bring with you said, because you stay.
Speaker 5: This was I had to be very specific on this, but I think I brought about six outfits and uh, you know, and then I only wore four of them, so I got so I go but home with two outfits that I could just finish the week out with on something like oh I'm still.
Speaker 4: French six oufice for how many days?
Speaker 17: Though?
Speaker 1: Three days? Christ?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you like, like you're appearing on TV and stuff, so you don't really know, like, all right, I wore that all day and then if I go out to night, I don't want people go like I saw you this morning, that was the night you got the same shirt, Like maybe, but you know what I meant, I have to I don't have to do it like girls really have to change a lot, you know what I mean. But you know, guys, we not really required to like flip o eye fits that much. But nowadays it is a fashion world.
Speaker 4: Right, everybody trip is Yeah, they see you all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Well, you got the Flipping box Cars book out man, and I love that you flexing different creative muscles writing fiction novels.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's about flipping box cars. What made you want to write a fiction novel, you know what.
Speaker 5: You know, I was, you know, really hearing stories about my grandfather, but you know, he had passed before I was even born, so you know, like we will hear things about our relatives, and then you started to get the lore of the family story. And that's what I did, Like I started to like really fictionalize what his life was like, and so you know, he was these were real things you know that I hear from my mother and my uncles that you know, he was a businessman. You know, he was like a you know, the the facto mayor of the black side of town, this little small town. And then you know, but at night he was a bootlegger and a gambler and a hustler, and he always being creative. And so I just kind of put those two worlds together that showed them being like this loving grand and this loving father and husband. And then he had to go and do what he had to do to make, you know, make his dreams come true. So he gets caught up in a k for it's like a crime caper where he's got to take this booth the liquor from a train. So that's the box car trains and then he does the dice with the two sixers. There's a box cards too, so that's why flipping box cards.
Speaker 12: But that's the most important thing about the book, right, the dynamic, because that is the black struggle in a lot of ways. The fact that yeah, I'm a family man and I'm trying to do all of this for my family, but I gotta go out there and get it by any means necessary. Sometimes don't make me a bad.
Speaker 1: Person, that's right.
Speaker 5: I mean, we all, you know, especially black Man, we gotna always relegate it to that. I mean, even when we think about the people like make it in the music business whatever, most of us have that other pass where they was like street dudes, but we never saw them as that way. Like we just appreciate that they had great artists and they did what they gotta do. And so you think about post World War two, pre civil rights you know, black man, That's what I love the story is that he had traveled, he'd been in the world, and then you come back to a pre civil rights America. You just can't be put back in the same box. You know, once you left, you can't tell me, I can't I'm through the front door. Bro, I've been living in France for six months. You know, I've been doing this. We've been fighting in the war for the whole country. You know, tell me I got to go through the back like I don't.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 5: So these kind of guys, they had that wheel to want to want to be great without but being relegated to the racism of the time.
Speaker 1: You know, Now, did you.
Speaker 2: Write this during the pandemic? Because where do you have time? When do you have time to write a book?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when it got That's when it started for sure.
Speaker 5: It took like two years we did that and uh yeah, we started it in late twenty nineteen and then you know, went through all the drafts and then you know, then you time it out when you want to release it.
Speaker 2: What gave you the idea to do it? Because it's like between comedy at the time, writing, acting and everything that you were doing. When did you say you know what it's time for book? Was it sitting at home doing nothing? Was like I got I got something to do?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 5: The thing was is that, you know, like I've been developing TV shows where we've been producing a lot of shows, my shows, The Johnson on bounce, and so I was developing this as a TV idea when I first started, and so you know when you started thinking about like then we had the opportunity to write a book, and I was like, oh, that'd be so much more fun to have that long form develop the characters out, not to think about it in episodic ways where you got to like end the episode and then take you to the next Here, I just introduced you to the characters, let the world live, and then hopefully people love it. Like even the way I ended this guy like three cliphangers, so it's like, you know, you definitely want people to be like what happened to the story? So you know, I loving it. I liking it too, Walter Mosley. There's you know, the easy Rollins characters, the Devil in the Blue Dress. I love that world and that's what we you know, I just kind of try to emulate that feel.
Speaker 1: That's what it was.
Speaker 4: When it comes to the storytelling, for you, what's the best way to tell a story? Stand up movies, TV, are writing fictional novel.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean this book was really a great experience.
Speaker 5: I'd never really you know, done a fictional novel, and I mean the idea and what it took and the way it turned out. In my opinion, I like loved this book. I love the process. I love telling people you know about it. Even when I did the audio book, that's when I really recognized, like, damn, this is this book dope like I was because I had to you know, hear it back for the first time myself. And then last night over knew these kids they took an excerpt and acted it out like on stage.
Speaker 1: That also brought it to life.
Speaker 5: That was something very unique, like they made a stage play out of a out of excerpt about the book. So you know, I want, I think I want to do stuff like that. And when I as I'm promoting it, it's to get people to understand, like what the book is really all about. So we ain't got great readers you anymore? People love they audio books, you know, which is dope, I think. But I definitely want to encourage people to go and read this and check it out. It's a cool adventure, tells a great story, you follow it, characters are rich, is interesting, all right.
Speaker 2: We got more with sedject the entertainer. When we come back, don't move. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, everybody's DJ n V. Charlamagne the Guy. We are the breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Pedject the Entertainer. His new book, Flipping Box Cars is out right now.
Speaker 4: Charlamagne, you said you don't gamble, right, So whether the bad experience you had rolland dice back in the day.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you know what, most of the times it's a bad experience.
Speaker 4: Like most of the times.
Speaker 5: Most of the times it's just like, you know, hey, here you go, hear some money. You know, you get to play for a little bit. I'd have some great roles, you know. You get you start playing with gamblers and you recognize like, oh, I can't even keep up, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: You go in there like I can't.
Speaker 1: Play like that.
Speaker 5: But it was just one of these things that for me, the odds and put my money on something that felt like I'm just waiting on a whim. You know, I do that on a lot of the tickets. When it's a being that's it. I'm gonna do that twenty dollars at a time, and if I hit a billion, then I'm good. But if I don't, then it's twenty dollars, but I'm not You're ready to throw five grand on the crafts table.
Speaker 4: That's not I mean, man, how many names did you have to change to protect the guilty in this book?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: A lot, a lot. I definitely check.
Speaker 5: I kept my grandfather and then pretty much and my grandmother's name, but then everybody else I kind of changed, you know, especially you like other relatives that you know in there. I even like changed who they were because I have other relatives in here that are represented, but that's not what their personalities were. I just needed to change and get some texture and make characters feel different. But you know, even the character that plays his brother in law in real life, they was they was two peas in a pod and so but I couldn't make they would have felt like the same person in the book. So I made them something totally different.
Speaker 4: Now, family gonna be coming to you asking you for money, like you wrote this about granddaddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I mean it's one of these things that's funny. It's funny there, yeah, but it is like it is a family thing. Luckily for me, Like my sister was rocking with me the whole time, and she's like that protector of me, Like if anybody come for me, my sister gonna hold it down. She's like, no school back, you know. So but normally it's just you know, this this was a creative process. This was something that me having an idea. It's not about the family per se. It's a story, but it was like this was an opportunity that I had, and so to take care of people though, like my uncle Will helped me like a lot, and make sure that he gets gets you know, get some stuff off this book. My sister, people who like really help me. You know, I think that that's uh, you know, it's only fair to make sure that they get you know, know that they love get acknowledged. And it's not just acknowledged in the book, but you know monetarily too.
Speaker 4: But no, because you've been getting money, Yeah, you've been doing well for a long time.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, I definitely know how to say no, Like I can say nah, like nah I do pass no. No, that's what it is emphatic. You're like, okay, but let me nah you know, but but no, but definitely, you know, like it is one of those things where you know, I used to have like a whole fund for the family was a very specific number. Every year you put it in there. That's what's over there, twenty five grand every year. But people can get it, you know, like they would, but they have to deal with my sister, so like you have to figure it out. But that's but twenty five grand, whatever it is, you can go there, you can qualify for it, and not all it was well, I mean, yeah it wasn't. You know, I ain't going for the nonsense like like you like I want to go to be said, you know, let me get not getting it for that, but you know, you like you need school money, you got this, you got you gotta you're gonna lose the house. You know, you can come in there and get that money. Like some of it, not all of them, not one person get all of it. But the stop I don't even remember, man. But I just one day, I just it was just hopeful them are Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just like, I'm good.
Speaker 4: People heard one too many nods and they knew not to ask you no more.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I think, you know, I think it started getting to the point where people wanted the bigger, bigger checks. You know, some people just come in and literally felt like the whole twenty five was theirs. You know, you get certain relatives that they they closer to you and they just come and they want they don't even want to be in the group no more. They like, you know, I got my own twenty five. You know, you do that for them, but you know they pay for my house.
Speaker 4: Do you see you growing like CBS?
Speaker 5: Yeah, boy, you're seeing them news. You've seen the new trucks, right, yeah I did? Yeah, man, Yeah, that's crazy. Ye ain't even that much.
Speaker 1: That ain't even that much. Put the guitars on there and stuff.
Speaker 4: Mine my car just broke down to it. Wow, kids walk, Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I pray for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna work it.
Speaker 2: Manet Entertainers new flipping the box carses out right now. Make sure you pick it up. Appreciated always, man much love y'all. It's segregatedtainers. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It's the j n V. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our co host, Jason Lee. And if you're just joining us. We're talking about the four day work week. Now they're saying that a four day work week, actually it is better for workers said, it's better productivity, it's better for health, it's even better for finances. So we're asking, would you want to do a four day work week? But that does mean you would have to work ten hours a day.
Speaker 8: I don't like four days.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at that. I would do my ten hours a day and get off Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Babe.
Speaker 3: You we all love what we do, so you're always working. When you're not working, where your wife's work.
Speaker 2: We're always working. So this generation wants an excuse to be at home period.
Speaker 12: I think it'll make people more productive, like, for example, I don't do Monday as well, Like I really don't even get in my groove until Tuesday. Even here at the Breakfast Club, there's certain things we don't do on Monday, or try not to do, like interviews after the show, right, Nor do we like doing interviews on Friday after the show because we'd be ready to get out of here.
Speaker 4: Yesterday's Sunday, I met my.
Speaker 12: Daughter's cheerleading competition all weekend, drove back three and a half hours from Rhode Island. Although I love coming in here because the energy in this studio is fantastic. This year I mean, I haven't had to like my stage once, but I would still rather not have to talk and tell tomorrow.
Speaker 2: But what changed this year that you have to bring and say. It's not the hours, it's the studio, the energy. So you see, I see I would say the same. I just flew back in Sunday, and yes, I need I need a kickstart.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I need, I need Tuesday.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: To start on Tuesday. Monday is kind of tough. That's why even with interviews on Monday, you're kind of down.
Speaker 8: A little bit.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 12: To Jason's point, there's there's I love everything that I do, and there's multiple, you know, businesses that I have my hand in. So I guess when I say I would need a four day work week, it's just from radio. I don't want to get up at six o'clock in the morning to do radio on a Monday morning.
Speaker 2: But you've been doing it for all these years, and that's why you guys are in the Radio Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: And that's how I know I need a four day work week because I've been doing it so long.
Speaker 8: That's how I know.
Speaker 4: He's a Monday or Friday. You gotta go, bro.
Speaker 2: But this is the thing. Even when I miss a day, I miss it. Though, I'm not gonna sit here and line like when we off, I'll be like, damn, I still get up the same time. It depends what's going on. I enjoy my time off. I'm gonna tell you all that right now. I enjoy my time.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club is endorsing this ridiculousness. I've notified my entire staff. I will relocate Hollywood Unlock to Dominican Republic.
Speaker 8: Or somewhere else.
Speaker 4: Y'all can't take a day off, though, because y'all are a blog. Do we call y'all a blog?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 2: They try, but no, we're a media company, a media company.
Speaker 11: Seven.
Speaker 4: You're a media company that twenty four sevenay, media company? Sort of, let's go sort.
Speaker 2: Of hello this, Hey, Michelle, good morning, talk to us. Four day work week, all right.
Speaker 13: I've done the four day week.
Speaker 7: I did it when I used to work.
Speaker 14: Forristy Mobile, but it was a little different. We did it for ten hours a day, but I loved it.
Speaker 19: I love having three days off.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, what days did you have off?
Speaker 2: Friday, Saturday, Sunday. That's the perfect. That's perfect. So Thursday, when your day is over, you could just bounce.
Speaker 1: If you need to.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And it really wasn't that late.
Speaker 20: It was like two the turns.
Speaker 14: So you can still go out, you can still do things. You kind of swept in a little bit. Now I have kids, so it's a little different, but I'm.
Speaker 4: Not gonna lie.
Speaker 12: I'd rather have the Monday. The only reason I'd rather have a Monday is because Friday you get off work. So you got all day Friday to do whatever you want to do, all day Saturday and all day Sunday. I'd rather that than have the Friday. Right, take the Friday off, Thursday you get out of work. When you get out of work, then you could dip on Thursday night. Now you got the full day Friday, full day Saturday, come back Sunday. Flying back from places on a Sunday night to have to work on Monday morning ain't never hit bro, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like I've been needing that Monday to recover sometimes.
Speaker 2: And I guess it also depends on what your career is.
Speaker 3: If you have to go into something physically, then I can understand it probably being that's true.
Speaker 2: I want to do Hello, who's this tu Troy? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Good? More?
Speaker 4: Listen to all every day man, appreciate we're.
Speaker 2: Talking about the four day work with what's your opinion?
Speaker 13: Oh, I'm all about it. We do that right now where I'm at at down here in the South.
Speaker 4: Calac Where you at in South Carolina, colin ur the beach and where you work at? Did you got a four day work week?
Speaker 1: We do underground utility work.
Speaker 4: Okay, but you work Monday.
Speaker 1: Today you work a lot then? Yeah, one days Thursday, ten hours a day.
Speaker 2: See, I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 4: I don't like the ten hour a day because at least Friday you get to do it.
Speaker 1: Go by before you know it for real, it's only extra two hours.
Speaker 4: Maybe that is working. Yeah, maybe it is worth it to have an extra day off.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of medical people do it sometimes they do like the shifts and then they take certain amount of days off.
Speaker 3: And I think you get two breaks and an hour lunch too, so it kind of goes Yeah you guys, but I still don't like this conversation.
Speaker 2: You don't get an hour luncheon when you're working out a fible. No, I think you get thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: What the hell is going on?
Speaker 2: We don't get lunch up here?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 4: I mean because we're here for breakfast dog. Oh yeah, Jesus christy lunches genius.
Speaker 2: It's the middle of the day.
Speaker 1: I am thank you. Hello.
Speaker 11: Who's this?
Speaker 4: You couldn't be Scotty Pippy?
Speaker 1: Is true? Carolina too sick? What's up? Brother?
Speaker 2: We're talking a four day work week? Could you do it?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I did it man, about twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: Man, I worked for forty eight What did you work?
Speaker 11: What do you have to do?
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 13: It was a place called Cryptal Plastic flights out, this little spot called rose Bro.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You did Jesus so Friday Saturday? You was tired as hell?
Speaker 6: You was?
Speaker 2: He was recovering.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, but I wish like shall the man said Friday because monody?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? You can cover on that day.
Speaker 12: I'm telling you, man, think about when you've been out all weekend, like say on Sunday, especially when the summertime hitting his day party season.
Speaker 4: And you've been drinking. You need that day to recover. On a Monday, you want to go hit this song?
Speaker 2: Do you want to go hit the gym. Do you go to day No, No, don't know.
Speaker 6: You don't know.
Speaker 12: Even if it ain't the day part, you might just be drinking somewhere. You might just be out and enjoying a barbecue of cookout. You need that Monday to get all that out of your system.
Speaker 2: So your Tuesdays you're a good IV seven to seven. Your whole life is just at work.
Speaker 1: I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Shan't tell.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Hi, Gorning, just can't tell.
Speaker 14: For Rich Virginia, I want to say y'all. I love y'all so much. I definitely agree with the four day work week. I work in dialysis and it's always been working in the twelve hours since and which you do have a good healthy work life balance. But recently I definitely step down to three days a week in which I'm off on Mondays. I'm actually home right now. So it is definitely a good way of living. And like you said, Charlman, when you just said that if you went out or something on the weekend, you have that Monday to recover, it really helped.
Speaker 1: You out a lot.
Speaker 2: Now you said a three day work week, how like, how much do you work for a three day work week.
Speaker 14: So I'll put in like the twelve hour stuff. And I do have another I have a business, like I run my own business, so I definitely try to balance out, you know, working still having to work, but also pushing my business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, could you do a three day work week? That's and that's part time because it's three twelve so thirty six hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Nah.
Speaker 12: There's countries that have already adopted this, by the way, Denmark, Norway, Germany, the Netherlands, Iceland, Cambodia, all.
Speaker 2: The places Hollywood, A lot will not be really.
Speaker 4: What's the world of the story.
Speaker 12: The more of the story is, man, I think it'll increase productivity. It'll make you feel, you know, like they're getting more bang for their buck.
Speaker 4: I really feel that way.
Speaker 3: The moral of the story is find you a career that you're in love with so that way it doesn't feel like work, and just work your ass off.
Speaker 4: You still need a bag. You need that time off sometimes just for your mental and emotional health. Sometimes, man, I need that time away.
Speaker 2: I just have sex four times a day.
Speaker 4: If you get now, that's ridiculous, that's ridiculous. Would you imagine.
Speaker 2: Would you rather work five days a week, or for or sex four days, four times a day.
Speaker 4: What'll happening to clear that again? Would I rather have?
Speaker 16: What?
Speaker 2: Would you rather work? Five days a week?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Or sex four times a day.
Speaker 4: Five days a week. Nobody got tired of you having sex? No, four times a.
Speaker 2: Day, Jesus.
Speaker 4: This is the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody, ej Envy Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. And get our guest hosts just hilarious with us.
Speaker 4: Yes, indeed, and we got a.
Speaker 2: Special guest in the building. But TD Jakes, welcome back.
Speaker 1: It's good to be back. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: And you got a new book out of disruptive thinking.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 4: What is disruptive thinking, my brother?
Speaker 1: Disruptive thinking is the willingness that you need to be able to disrupt the way that you look at life because you understand that mindsets control assets. And when I say, I said so, I'm not just talking about wealth, I'm talking about relationships. I'm talking about wellness. I'm talking about your perspectives on life have to be disrupted in order to go to the next level. Some people are willing to do that, and some people are not. They just stays we're safe and play in the safety zone. Other people color outside of the lines, and I'm in the book. I talk about what how to handle both groups of people, how to manage people who are disruptors, and how to support people that are disrupting.
Speaker 12: I have a friend she passed away, and her saying used to be you can be great or you can be safe, but you can't be both.
Speaker 1: Exactly, that's perfectly said. That's exactly what the book is about. What it costs to cross those lines, what it costs, what it costs to be innovative. If you go in the library, there are no books about ordinary. There are only books about innovative, creative people who cross the lines, broke boundaries, created things when push it to the limit, and there's a price to be paid, and I talk about it in the book for a Disruptive Thinking. But this is a disruptive time we're living in. And if we're trying to go back to normal and normally there anymore, it's not there anymore. So if we're not willing to disrupt what we call normal and embrace change, then we're going to be left behind as a people or as an individual.
Speaker 2: Now when you say disruptive thinking, can you be disruptive against the church and it still be Okay? Can disruptive thinking go against the church as well? If there's questions or comments or anything like that.
Speaker 1: You can't control the way people think about anything. It doesn't make it right because that's the way you think about it. See, anytime you have a generic statement like the church, it's like black people, you know, a monolith. So whenever people say I have ideas about the church, I think, what he's the church? Because you know what, I don't like black people. It's that kind of ignorant. I don't like white people. I have an issue with You know, you're talking about millions and millions of people with different ideas within the church. So you know, maybe you don't like your experience with it. You know that that's totally different from your experience with God. Okay, let's go to that first. And then secondly, it's no excuse to indict all churches because you had an experience with water. It's like saying all black men are no good or you know. So I don't say anything to them. I let them go through what everything got to go through.
Speaker 2: Now I will say The one bad thing about the pandemic right is now you can watch church on television. I ain't go lie now, Bishop tell me more. I'll be like, no, kids get into bed and it just it's just you know, I'm definitely bedside Baptist. I'm always bacon. My wife, my arra is uicing, you know, we all in the room together.
Speaker 21: But I can't no, I cannot. I cannot get it just watching it on TV. It doesn't do and not that it's I don't know. I just don't get the same.
Speaker 4: I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I don't receive it the same.
Speaker 1: It is not quite the same. But I think that's an amazing picture he just drew of him and his family watching on screen together. Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that. I don't care about that. But I do understand you too, because anytime you're actually in the room, the room has a certain energy and a certain element, and the dog getting barking, and somebody's not ringing the doorbell, you're not scrolling through your phone, and you don't have those distractions. Of course, there's going to be more intense, but I meet people where they are, whether they want to watch it on TV, whether they want to stream it, whether they want to go any any time you feed your soul, you're going to be a little bit better, just a little bit less stress out, a little bit less worried, a little less intense. That can't hurt you.
Speaker 4: There's nothing like experiencing the part of house in person.
Speaker 1: But I love it.
Speaker 4: On Sunday morning, I'm glad y'all scream live on YouTube every sund Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm grateful. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anybody that draws more people on Sunday morning in the stream than we do. And we were able to survive COVID much better than I didn't know what that was going to be like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very scary, but we.
Speaker 1: Survived with our doors closed because we had the technology to be able to reach or broader all these I think that when Jesus said go into all the world, he didn't necessarily mean we had to go buy camel. Yeah, we could go buy technology. We could go by streaming, we can go by television, we can go by radio. And then they come up with something else, we'll be on that too. But it's about meeting people where they are.
Speaker 12: So what about all these new pasts and these new churches like they might curse doing their sermons or they do like you know, I don't want to say gimmicky, but they do stunt on.
Speaker 6: To give.
Speaker 4: Would you call that disruption or what would you call that?
Speaker 1: You know, every leader has his audience. It's not the way that I would do it. Uh, why must we divide further when we're already a minority. I don't want to spend energy fighting another brother, even if he's not doing it the way I would do it. I would rather spend my energy trying to propel our community forward. So really, when you start talking about disruptive thinking, it's born out of me thinking. Somebody ought to do something right, somebody ought to do something, somebody has to do something that something said to me, why aren't you somebody? And the truth of the matter, if we keep saying somebody, and they really ought to be everybody, so disrupting our thinking? Building communities started our real estate development corporation. We started building communities, closing flood deserts, drawing up plans to go across the United States doing and.
Speaker 4: All those things they say the church gonna do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all the things that the white church doesn't have to do. The black church is expected to do everything, not the white church. They're expected to preest of gospel and go home. The black churches expected to be an activist, a civil rights leader, a counselor, supposed to have food pantry, supposed to have everything going. It's supposed to know how to do everything right. Pastors don't have to do that.
Speaker 4: They don't even talk about like white paths, like oh that white paths got a megachurch and right that white that white path doing business.
Speaker 12: You don't never hear that in regards to the white pastes. But they always proves to fly the black pasty.
Speaker 1: But it's because we have been pinted, pitted against each other the whole all throughout history, and unity is what is needed now. We're not going to agree about everything that's a beautiful thing about this country. That's okay, But there are some common things that we need and I want to solve those common things. Everybody needs to breathe. We need clean air, we need clean water, we need to access s healthy foods. We've got more liquor stories in our communities, and we do grocery stores, payday loans instead of financial literacy. We are standing right on the edge of the greatest transference of wealth in the history of this country from one generation into another, but our community is going to lag woefully behind. Only forty two percent of African Americans own a house, seventy three percent of Caucasians own a house. I think it's about fifty percent of Latinos. Why is that important? Because you can't pass or your apartment to your children. Okay, so they're going to start at ground level zero. Why do we not have it? Not access to credit, under hired, underpaid. We white family median income is ten times higher than ours.
Speaker 4: Knowledge, you can't get the loans, knowledge.
Speaker 1: School loans, that all of these things are issues that we need to address. That's not really the church's jump, but it has fallen onto our playton.
Speaker 2: We got more with Bishop T Jakes when we come back, don't move. It's the breakfast club. Everybody is the ej nd charlamagnea God, we are the breakfast club. Jesselarius is here and we're still kicking it. With Bishop td Jakes, we were just having a conversation about, you know, people who work at blue collar jobs and how necessary they were, and we were saying exactly what you were saying. It's nothing wrong with working a blue collar job or b or doing this or doing that, but also realizing that you can do something on the side. You can create that streaming company or that podcast or whatever you want to do that'll buy that, you know, multi unit and rent it out. You can do it on the side. You can do more than one job. And I think people were stuck with you know, this job is only for these people, and I'm like, that's not at all.
Speaker 4: We all have a start from someplace exactly.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of disruptive thinking they created this show, right, Okay, this is disruptive thinking. And the fact that you can do it on the radio and you can do it on TV simultaneously. The fact that you think in a multifaceted ways, ruptive thinking, that's what got you here. That's what got me here. I didn't get here because I'm black. I didn't get here because a man. I didn't get here because I'm preacher. I got here because I'm innovative and creative and diverse and different and unique, as is Marvin Winings, as is Bishop sap as is. Everybody is unique. What are we doing with our uniqueness. So we're at an inflection point. The projections are about twenty fifty African Americans median income. It's going to be at zero. If we don't make a quick turn, we're going to have a world full of trouble as artificial intelligence replaces us. And it's a serious conversation. So disruptive thinking is as much a warning as it is a clearing call that the ideas you've had on the back burner that you're waiting on enough money to capitalize, take them off the back burner. Form partnerships, build alliances, go because if you don't now, you're not going to get there. The child that you're raising that looks rambuctious, could be disruptive, could be creative, could be a leader. Sometimes we punish kids down into submission and teach them to feel like a slave. Shit out. Do what I told you to do because I said so, all of that kind of stuff, you sound just like me.
Speaker 2: Because I said so.
Speaker 1: We're not teaching our children to think. So disruptive thinking is about the unique gift God gave us with the brain. Before we had a laptop. This is a computer, This is a hard draft. The problem is we're not programming this computer with good stuff, with smart stuff, with stuff that's intimidating, that makes you walk into a room and feel shy to speak up. That's a good room to be.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, as a parent, being a disruptor is allowing you kids to be disruptives.
Speaker 1: Allowing your children to discover who they are and looking closely at them to guide them toward things said they're good at that they can excel at. My grandson came to me and he said, I like working in the arts. And I got on the phone and I called a friend of mine who was works for Dallas Broadway, and I said, I've got a grandson in town. Would you consider at least interviewing him for a job. What am I doing? I'm putting him in the field of his dreams.
Speaker 21: And right, everybody ain't got the grandfather like you. Yeah, that's true that my son told my father he wanted to be a football player. My father don't know no football players.
Speaker 7: You can't listen.
Speaker 1: But you know something, if you really gifted, somebody's gonna see it. Somebody's gonna see it, if you really gifted, and you have to you have to put yourself out there if you don't know, I didn't have them. He either. My father died when I was sixteen. My grandfather was murdered by white racist in Mississippi when he was twenty two. So didn't have, didn't have, didn't have, didn't have, didn't have? Ouder they expoudered me. Okay, I grew up on the rags of life, but they were My mother knew how to make a question out of them. And she, you know, she was bad. She was strong, she was resourceful, she was creative. My father got sick when I was ten and he died when I was sixteen, So I didn't grow up with any silver Swans anywhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you disrupted your whole family's lineage.
Speaker 1: Totally, totally, totally, totally and took them with me.
Speaker 4: So what got you in the ministry?
Speaker 16: Right?
Speaker 4: What happened to your grandfather? What happened to your fault?
Speaker 2: A lot of people would say they wouldn't believe because of there's so many negative outcomes that happened in their life, but it seemed like it totally made the opposite for you.
Speaker 1: That's a great question. Pain drove me to him, not from him. Thirst makes you go to water, Hunger makes you go get up and eat. So I used the void to find my heavenly father because I missed my earthly father.
Speaker 12: You know, you said that you don't want any of kids to be your successor, But man, how does it feel seeing Sarah following your footsteps.
Speaker 1: I don't want them to feel like they have to be my.
Speaker 4: Success So she's become a spiritual leader.
Speaker 1: She's I have no words for what she is. The thing that's amazing about Sarah is Sarah will rock that stage till it comes in glued and walk off of the stage like it wasn't her. I swear. She comes home like nothing happened, and she'll get some chicken and put it in a brown paper bad start checking it up and frying chicken and not even discuss it. But when she aims, she aims from such a pure place, pure and also from a place of deep passion to help people. And it's just amazing to watch.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love watching it. But I love all of my kids. I did. What I made by my statement is I didn't want to pressure my children to be something they weren't.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, I love a chapter in the Book of Being Being married to a disruptive Yeah, I'm married and be married just one day.
Speaker 4: Maybe coming, I feel.
Speaker 1: It, he's coming on.
Speaker 4: Do you have a successful marriage to a person who's a disrupted Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, You just both can't be disruptive at the same time. Somebody's got to support. Somebody's got to be disruptive. Somebody's got stabilized the home while somebody's moving forward. You have to have each other's back.
Speaker 4: I saw you on Doctor Field want to stay in the marriage thing for men? I saw you on Doctor Phil talking about the fundamental core of marriage. Could you explain to people with that fundamental core of marriages?
Speaker 1: I think instead of running up interviewing men for marriage or women for marriage like you hunting down a turkey in November, which nobody wants to be shot.
Speaker 4: Listen, justin.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's be friends, because the core of any great relationship. My son is shit behind me. He's my son, but we're friends. We're friends. My wife is also my friend. So as the romantic moments ebb and subside and rise and fall through different seasons and stages of your life, if at the core you respect each other and you are for me, we can survive the turbulence because we have core values.
Speaker 2: Look who we got more with, but you g is the breakfast.
Speaker 22: I depreed make it to for eb alli hating.
Speaker 6: That's a cad, but that.
Speaker 2: Don't mean that I can't wish you bad of you good good, but we still good?
Speaker 20: Who know if you like this?
Speaker 22: You usually my exest time enemies, but this is different because we didn't get closer.
Speaker 6: Now that you ain't and me, oh the lord of me, they ain't.
Speaker 2: No way we're gonna forget that in the family. Let me like them family. You know where you still me so windy.
Speaker 6: Ride on ride can't say shin you always real, real work.
Speaker 22: Even though we ain't together, it was real love and maybe you steal love. I red to be making to forever BROLLI ain'king. That's a cad, but that tol'd mean that I can't read your kid, but we still got you.
Speaker 6: For me to be honest, all of stacks that you dit on me Ellen little over dead and what happy Abarton lot goes wrong with me? I promise, but don't do drama. It didn't work. But I hope you trying to know that I wish you please, I wish you put that's in the sleep, but the girl of your dreams, because that was a willing night knowing the livings of me. Long time, I'll go thing dom do it. Let's just learn the lessons and my loving again.
Speaker 22: I hate it we make it to forgeverd, But that don't mean that I can't wish you baddod.
Speaker 16: No matter who you with, I want to see you happy dead. It didn't work out, but that don't mean you should attack me to we enjoy the five star meals that you was with me for disaster facts holding me down from the start. I used to be broke, I was asking. I hate we didn't tie the knot. That's how life though. You always would say that I might blow got rich and I pay for your life boat, knowing I.
Speaker 11: Know the person you is.
Speaker 4: That's why I still want to be friends.
Speaker 16: If you want to open up a new salon, I still help pay for the wigs and I help with the leads. God, you know I ain't never been cheating. Relationships don't always last, but let's not turn it to be touring.
Speaker 11: I'll come through from time to time.
Speaker 2: And have you grabbing them sheets.
Speaker 8: That's if you want to.
Speaker 4: I'm just playing girls.
Speaker 2: Stop smacking your team. I hate the freedy naked for a Relly ain't getting back.
Speaker 6: To cad God good. We still.
Speaker 22: Realized said I can't you love.
Speaker 6: Let's just keep it.
Speaker 2: Everybody badly, all the Black People's Club, just Hilarius is here and we're still kicking it with Bishop TV Jakes. You know a lot of people feel that, and I know your son is a lot older, that your child shouldn't be a friend, and people say that all the time. My child's not my friend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: When he was a boy, I wouldn't have said that. But he's a grown man. He's forty two years old. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah talk but anyway, I don't know, but you know, maybe forget everything, okay your friend? Yeah yeah. So when your children are grown, the relationships become more friends because then you can talk to them about what really happened, who you really are, what really stopped you, what keeps you up at night? And you that. But when he was a little boy, I was a father, period blank point blank, not boom no, go to bed. Now you know, parenting is a job, Jo, It's a job. And I think we have babies but don't take the job of parenting. Parenting is a job, yes, sir, it's work, and it's a lifelong job. But as they get older, you start reaping a harvest back in terms of loyalty and love, and Warren Buffett says something. I think it's really true. No matter how much money you make in life, if when you get ready to die, those that you love the most are not gathered around your bed, then you are poor. There will be no U hauls behind hers's. There will only be mourning families if you're wise enough to protect that, and you have to protect that at all costs, because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you tweet about me, because if I get sick, you're not going to wipe my mouth. You're not going to set me up in the bed or change my clothes. So why should I put so much energy into you at the expense of putting energy into him? You understand. So, I have five children, and as you go through life and you build relationships, they got to see us struggle, they got to see us happy, they got to see us sad, they got to see us mad. That's what you're learning. Conflict resolution you're learning that you can be angry and not shoot somebody, that you can be angry and still come in to have dinner. I can be disappointed with you, it's still cook for you. We are not demonstrating the complexities of relationships. Not only is it affecting our personal lives, but business is built on relationships. You know.
Speaker 4: Sarah, she's spoken my mental health flexible last year and she actually apologized on behalf of the Black Church, and she said, I think it would be remiss of us to not acknowledge that there have been moments in Black church because that's the only church she's been in, a Black church where she's not allowed to bring the truth of who you are in the space. What do you think about that.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great statement. I think it's a wonderful, wonderful thing to do. But really, again, the Black Church is not a monolith and they're not all the same. They are black churches that teaching for and against everything. What we have to do is stop throwing rocks and find what church works for you. Yeah, okay, what are you? Where you call where you feel where do you feel comfortable? Is it blue jeans and tennis shoes and T shirts and that's what you want. Do you want to do you want a minister that's that's in blue jeans and and skinny jeans and and you like that relaxed atmosphere.
Speaker 8: Good, go for it.
Speaker 1: You want to you want to sing hell song type music.
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 1: Their church is like that. You want a more disciplined, traditional old school church. There are churches like that. I don't think that matters. Jesus didn't die for style, Yeah, he died for souls. So when you start talking about the Black church, I think it's important that you understand the church is built on black people, and and our doctrine and our theology should be consistent with scripture, of which none of us have mastered, and all of us are pursuing, but we're not there yet.
Speaker 4: Just as she would start going more of communion actually served real wine, he can feel when the spirit is lyned.
Speaker 6: I love you.
Speaker 1: I love people like like us. Tequila, I got it. I got talking about the well Fargo situation. You got a ten year partnership. Yeah, I'm excited about it. I'm excited about it because, uh, there's some things that I'm doing around the country with our real estate Ventures company that it gave me another tool to do them with. I've been building communities, I described some of them earlier. Wells Fargo came to the table along with others. This is money to put in infrastructure, sewers, drains, water, lize housing, to build those houses. Then that contractor that builds those houses will buy those houses and sell it to a community within the covenants of what we have described for them to work here. So Wells Fargo a billion dollars worth of capital over ten years to make it. Yes, a lot of money. It's a lot of money. In his words, it was historical. Okay, at least a billion dollars from Wells Fargo's pointed straight at us fooble for us by to us and to me, that's an exciting thing. What's more exciting than the money. And it's not like they gave it to me. Let me clear that up. They didn't give it to me. They didn't give it to my church. My church didn't get a billion dollars. And you know it didn't come from Wells Fargo. Let's stop all the ignorant things that we think and get down to what eight billion dollars means. To mothers who are single mothers and want to own homes so that her daughter will be saying what it means to seniors who've worked for years, what it means for the fact that you can't afford to live in the city that you work in all around America. It's not just Dallas, it's not just New York. It's everywhere. It's Detroit, it's everywhere. So this will give us an opportunity mixed income, so you will have a certain amount that's below fair market value, below what we call AMI area meeting income, sometimes sixty below, sometimes more to provide that housing mixed in with other people who can afford fair market value or can afford more elaborate. You have to focus on what you believe God gave you to do, the assignment that God gave you to do, be what you were created to be, and be strong enough in your disruptive thinking to withstand the distraction of those who heckle you and do nothing while they criticize your something.
Speaker 4: Exactly what about you had to cause somebody to end word biship like you.
Speaker 1: I'll please depend on that. I'm not going there with you today. Okay, we're not going to do that disruptive thinking his own sale today story all over the country. Pick up a copy and and and talk to me on the Instagram. Tell me what you think, asked me questions, Hit me up on Facebook, let me hear from you, and let me know. Let's go through the book together. It's audio, it's also written, and I'm really I'm really proud of it. Yeah, are you gonna let me pray? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: First of all, all right, when.
Speaker 1: I leave, y'all go cadge it from her father. I thank you for the massive privilege of allowing me to pray for not only the people in this room and their careers and their lives and their walk with you, but all the people who are listening right now, in the middle of all this turbulence and tests and trials and shaking of economy and inflation and all the things that worry us. I speak peace in the middle of fear. I speak confidence in the middle of distress. I preach hope. Right now, I thank you Lord that this day is going to be richer and better because we had this moment together. Bless those that are sick, that are listening, those that are hurt, those that are broken, those that are distraught. Those that are wrestling with mental health be made well in the name of Christ Star King.
Speaker 4: Amen, Amen, Man, Amen, Well let you have it.
Speaker 2: It's Bishop TD Jacks Jakes. That's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 23: Make sure you're to watch out of Florida, Florida, ordas.
Speaker 12: The craziest people in America come from the bronx in all of Florida.
Speaker 4: Yes, you are a donkey.
Speaker 21: The Florida man attacked an ATM for a very strange reason.
Speaker 2: It gave him too much money. Florida man is arrested after that, say he riggs the door to his home in an attempt to electro keet his pregnant lights. Police arrested and alack, no man.
Speaker 4: We're talking to from the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Bitch, you don't here to day with lamn.
Speaker 4: I don't know what, Yeah, don't They go to a.
Speaker 12: Florida woman named Shana Hudson. Shane is thirty nine years old and hell's from the Great state of Florida. What does your uncle Shalla always tell you about the Great State of Florida. They're crazy as people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today there's no exception.
Speaker 4: This is the season.
Speaker 12: Okay, the Holidays, the most wonderful time of the year, but it's a season full of financial pressure. And I want to be the first to tell you to release that pressure. Be for real with everybody in your life about your financial situation.
Speaker 4: Accurr wage. If you don't got it, then you don't got it.
Speaker 12: And if you keep that mentality, you won't end up doing anything the fairius to get it, because that's what happened to Shane and See. SHANEA decided that even though she could afford to get her kids presents for Christmas, she decided.
Speaker 4: Those presents she already had, they just weren't enough. Shana wanted more, so she came up with what folks are calling a grinch like plot to get it. Let's go to See two News for the report Flee.
Speaker 18: TV's tucked under the sheets, fishing poles and a pile of clothes, and nestled behind the dryer a basket full of bath and bodyworks. Lee Keunny deputies checking their list and counting it twice, finding nearly every single item. Shanna Hudson originally claimed was stolen Lee Hiaker's home Monday night.
Speaker 24: She wouldn't explain why. I first met Hudson on November twentieth. That evening, she told me someone broke into her home through a back window, swiping away thousands of dollars of gifts that she just bought for her kids.
Speaker 20: Hey, fishing poles. They took some clothes. Go I about clothes for my five kids.
Speaker 2: All of it gone.
Speaker 4: Her story. Then Christmas is ruined.
Speaker 2: I wanted my kids to have.
Speaker 11: A decent Christmas.
Speaker 2: Ban Now they don't have a Christmas at all because some thief came.
Speaker 19: Is so haar turn yourself in and bring us back our stuff so me and my kids could have a good Christmas.
Speaker 17: They didn't need to turn themselves in because deputies say Hudson had them the entire time, an anonymous tipster, leading deputies to a relative's home Monday evening and then to Hudson's house where they arrested her.
Speaker 4: They is you, they need to turn themselves in.
Speaker 8: It was her the whole time.
Speaker 4: What's that saying, Oh, when you have a tangled weave, you will practice to deceive or something like that. Shana didn't have to do any of this. She already had presence.
Speaker 12: Okay, the reported stolen items she hid at another family member's home. There are people out there right now who can't afford to even buy presence at all.
Speaker 4: Okay, to lie about what happened to.
Speaker 12: You, Shana, and take advantage of a system that is in place to help the less fortunate. Because there was some people who showed up for her salute to the Lehigh Acas American Legion and the Sheriff's office shop with a cop. They came through in the clutch when they saw you know, her story. They raised money and was able to you know, get her presence. So they did what they were supposed to do. They just did it for the wrong person. What's bad about situations like this is you potentially make it harder for the next person because they're gonna be even more strict and maybe even you know, hesitant to help.
Speaker 4: Folks because of what Shanea did to Dems.
Speaker 12: Not to mention, this is a prime example of this generation not being okay with not having and not being appreciative of whatever it is they do have.
Speaker 4: It's really that simple. Shana already had presence for her kids. You heard all of the things that they listed, fishing poles and televisions. But that wasn't enough, because I guarantee you she was already thinking about how.
Speaker 12: This is gonna look on social media Christmas morning. She was thinking about the look in her mind. It wasn't enough. What she had wasn't enough. That's why greed isn't a financial issue. It's a hard issue. What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 12: It implies that greed is not solely about accumulating wealth of material possessions, or rather a reflection of ones in her values, desires, and mindset. And Shana, your mindset, at least in this moment, was just devious and you can't even see it because greed makes you blind, and you probably don't even realize you did something stupid, because greed makes you foolish. And I'm glad they're using the term grinch like to describe Shanea because there are two types of holiday spirits.
Speaker 4: Those of us who are just filled with grati.
Speaker 12: And loving the holiday season, and then there are those who are mad that everybody else is happy because they're not happy and they want to find a way to steal someone's joy.
Speaker 4: And most of the time, folks aren't happy. It's because they simply don't have what they want during the holidays. If you don't have it, just accept it. Be thankful for what you do have, even if that's just life. Okay, And please don't think of evil ways to take what's not yours like Shana did. Please give Shana Hudson the Sweet Sounds and the Hamiltons.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you are the doe.
Speaker 8: Of the day.
Speaker 6: All the day.
Speaker 7: Ye what's wrong with poems? Why the kids just can't get what they already have?
Speaker 4: Exactly, especially when you live in Florida.
Speaker 12: People like Shanea scared me though, because you're gonna get on TV talking about you need to turn yourself in knowing.
Speaker 4: Damn well as you. People like that scared the hell out of me.
Speaker 12: It's one thing to commit the crime, but when you get on television and tell somebody they need to turn themselves in, knowing you're talking about yourself.
Speaker 4: You need to be committed, man, all right, you need to be committed.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for that.
Speaker 4: Donk today, sir.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: At c NV, Charlamagne the God, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 24: Now.
Speaker 2: Last week we got a chance to chop it up with Swiss Beats in his son, Isaiah oh Man.
Speaker 12: And it was so good because it was for our annual Change for Change. I got to salute the Amazon. Amazon's Black Business Initiative is dedicated to helping build sustainable growth for black owned businesses by explicitly targeting barriers to access opportunity and advancement. And you can visit the bi Blackstore on Amazon this holiday season for products from black owned businesses of all sizes, including small businesses. Man, and they helped us last week all throughout our Change for Change because they were taking care of people's holiday wishless as well as a nice event we did here last week where they gave everybody who came to the event a thousand dollars. So thank you to Amazon.
Speaker 2: All right, well let's jump into our interview with Swiss Beats in the sun. I see it, so, ladies and gentlemen, we're gonna be kicking it with Swiss Beats and its son. I see a dan.
Speaker 20: Zone, zone zones.
Speaker 4: What is you feeding him?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 4: We like six three six.
Speaker 2: Four six, Now, Swiss, is this your son that played soccer and it stopped?
Speaker 11: It's not right. That's my little brother.
Speaker 4: Everybody in the house is your little something man. That's a fact.
Speaker 6: Enough.
Speaker 4: Now, as we approach the holidays, what is this time of year meaning to you Swiss Man?
Speaker 23: Holiday times is definitely family times, Definitely time to you know, see how other people are doing, because I noticed, like during the holiday times, I see a lot of pressure come on people of what they can do and what they can't do, and and I just want to, you know, I just want people to find their balance.
Speaker 11: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: What do you find a time for a lot of the stuff that you're doing because you're producing, you do versus you're traveling, you have kids? What do you find the time to continue to create and do all these amazing things.
Speaker 23: Everything I do is under the umbrother of creativity, So like I make the time, and I need to stay busy, you know, Like that's the kids like to stay busy. Because I don't feel I started yet. To be honest, I feel like I'm just now starting. Although I've done a lot of things. I feel like I'm just now starting because I actually know what I'm doing now.
Speaker 4: Oh explain that, expounding on that you know what you're doing now?
Speaker 23: Yeah, because when I started, I was you know, I'm a teenager, and things was happening and moving so fast, so you don't really know what you're doing at that age, you're just having fun. I still have fun. But now that that's past, you got time to say, Okay, let me change different things, let me set different goals. I went back to school to you know, the three years to know what I'm actually doing instead of just doing what people are telling me that I'm doing, or believing what somebody's telling me I'm doing, instead of really knowing what I'm doing.
Speaker 20: It's a big difference.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite holiday memory? Is it New York and the Bronx?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 18: Now?
Speaker 2: What's what's your favorite holiday memory?
Speaker 23: It's all of them technically, Like we we have fun as a family. We have a big family. We have fun, We tell jokes, you know, we play pranks, play a.
Speaker 19: Lot of games, you know, very competitive with the ping pong, you know, Monopoly.
Speaker 2: Who wins the monopoly all the time? Monopoly will start an argument in my house at the last three days of my crib same who wins?
Speaker 19: Yeah, uh, at least is very good, very strategic. Egypt Egypt's very brother Egypt. He's like he's like the monopoly man.
Speaker 23: He's like Daddy war Bucks, like he's a he loves money, loves guy.
Speaker 2: He gives it from mom.
Speaker 23: And Dad was just counting the paper like he's addicted to money. I'm telling like serious, like, and I.
Speaker 12: Say, do you have any what's your expectations for the holidays? Because you know you you your dad's doing very well for a very long time. So do you do you even have any wants?
Speaker 11: I just want I want everyone to tune in to Drive.
Speaker 19: But we just made okay, then I want I want everyone to just really cherish this time with their family, Like that's what I want.
Speaker 11: I don't really have a lot of physical.
Speaker 1: Needs this year.
Speaker 11: I have spiritual needs.
Speaker 19: I have family needs, and I want people to really just just cherish this time with their loved ones right now because the state of the world is in right now is just really we need that.
Speaker 11: That's real.
Speaker 2: Now let's talk about the show Drive right now. Drive is a car show that comes out Most people don't know that. Anytime before I purchase a car, of course, Swizz, and then when I get the car, I FaceTime Squizz. So if a FaceTime ever comes up, Swizz be in the bed sleeping and he wake up. What did you get now, V What did you get?
Speaker 1: Like, we're so.
Speaker 2: Excited for cars, So let's talk about drive and what made you want to do the show.
Speaker 1: Drive?
Speaker 23: Well, growing up in the Bronx, looking at cars passing in the hood that I couldn't afford. That's my car, that's my car. I eventually got. My first car was the Nissan Ze three hundred twin turbo. I paid six thousand for it at the time, and ever since then, I've just been into cars and collecting and ended up doing car shows. So when this opportunity came, I just was like, man, like, you know, I have a chance to not just do a car show, but do a show that doesn't exist in the car space, which is travel community, family, father and son. You know, you don't really get to see father and son bonds from our community.
Speaker 11: That's positive. So I thought that that was a plus.
Speaker 23: And we wanted to educate people and not just show blank cars, not just putting million dollar cars up, but really showing the everyday person how they make magic as well, you know, in which I think is phenomenal.
Speaker 4: I like working with each other.
Speaker 19: Oh, my little brother, we have so much fun, Like it's not even funny, like we don't really have we have perfect since we don't, we know how to work with each other very very well.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask, you know what, you guys went to different markets, so you see in the car culture in New York, you know, the car coach in Houston, in California, What was your favorite car culture and why.
Speaker 19: I love Japan Japan. Japan is definitely one of my favorite episodes because the architecture, the culture there, they're like five hundred years ahead of us, right, every single every single thing that they do there, they're so masterful with it. So when we went to go see the drifting and we want to actually go drift with the Tokyo drifters, the drift Champion again, we just saw how crazy like skillful they were for us to put our lives in their hands and for them to actually, you know, be able to handle that.
Speaker 11: You know, they were good.
Speaker 4: When you say five hundred years into the future, Like what do you mean.
Speaker 19: Like, you know, America is a young confident like Asia is five is way older and culturally and.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about the technology of the car.
Speaker 11: Oh no, no, we're not millying.
Speaker 19: But and in terms of them being masterful every single thing they do, whether it's making a drink, cutting ice, designing, doing anime, comic book sketches, architecture, painting clothes. We go there for inspiration, so being over there to go into the depth of their culture was like.
Speaker 11: That was definitely one of my favorite episodes.
Speaker 2: And you'll see why I will salute the Swiss Beats in His Son not Sea when we come back. We got more Swiss Peats move with to Breakfast more of everybody. It's dj n V charlamage to God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: Last week we got a chance to chop it up with Swiss Beats in His Son Now see you.
Speaker 4: Oh man. And it was so good because it was for our annual Change for Change.
Speaker 12: I got to salute the Amazon all throughout our Change for Change because they were taking care of people's holiday wishless as well as a nice event we did here last week where they gave everybody who came to the event a thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: So thank you to Amazon.
Speaker 2: All right, well let's jump into our interview with Swiss Beats in the sun Na.
Speaker 4: See who's your favorite road trip partner Swiss Nazia DMX, because we always hear about the stories of you were next in the car that was legendary.
Speaker 11: That's a hard one.
Speaker 23: I gotta I got I love you, but I gotta say DMX, I love you too, for a lot, for a lot of for a lot of other reasons. You know, X was X was very animated. Na's is laid back. He can get animated when he went to but I would get to hear stories from from X that I never heard before when we're in the car, Like the last car ride we drove. I went to go visit him in like upstate New York, and he wanted to go see Scarface in Boston.
Speaker 20: And he's like, yo, you know you know scar faces in Boston to that And he's like, okay, shout up to Scarface.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 23: I just drove like two hours to go where he was at in the first place. And this one, I had the seven twenty mcclans a sports car, and I used to always bring the cars up so extral drive them around when I when I visit him, and he's like hinting again.
Speaker 11: I want to go see Scarface.
Speaker 20: I'm like, you want to go? You want me to take you to see Scarface.
Speaker 23: I just drove two hours and he never really asked me for things like that, so I can tell that it was something that he really wanted to do.
Speaker 11: So we get in the rock, We get in the car, we.
Speaker 23: Go five hours to see scar Face, and the whole I was in a little ass card.
Speaker 2: This wasn't it's little call, like his arm and their arms were touching the whole rock.
Speaker 20: My ass still hurt from that drive.
Speaker 23: And so we're driving and he's playing old school music, old school music, and then he stops the music and he asked me to record him, which he never does, and he just like gave me his life story, like like I never heard it before.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 11: And that was our last drive, but it was it was epic.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: You still have you?
Speaker 20: Of course you have absolutely yes, yes, Wow and uh And we went on stage and the rock with scar Face. Wow all night.
Speaker 2: Is it time for a DMX documentary, a true DMX movie.
Speaker 23: It's always time to witness greatness, But I feel that it just has to be me personally. I just wanted to be shot and directed like to the standard of what he gave us. He gave us timeless moments, he gave us you know, his his life literally and so I feel that, you know, a lot of people have been pitching documentaries and movies, but they don't you know, it needs to have the right care.
Speaker 20: And I wanted to be the biggest thing in the world for.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 4: Did you learn anything about your dad that you didn't know? No, after working on this series, taking these long road trips.
Speaker 19: A thousand percent, I learned that he he doesn't go as fast as you think. He would happen fast, very fast cars, like he actually is pretty reserved now and he just he really picks what he wants to do. He picks how fast he wants to go, He picks if he wants to get in the monster truck, he picks if he wants to go drifting like he has that uh, that situational discernment now is I.
Speaker 11: Feel like that's pretty much I liked that.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask you, with all the artists that your dad worked with, who did you enjoy listening to and talking to the most?
Speaker 19: I have too, because I haven't really I haven't sat down with the first one I'm about to tell you, like on a personal personal note, but Lil Wayne is definitely one of my favorite artists ever and and my dad has collabos as well, Phara for Para.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 19: I remember being a kid and like his energy just lit up the room and he he has such a great spirit I can feel and I remember that feeling till this day.
Speaker 2: Now, you know you said for real now that this is your dad's pressure. Now, Bust a couple of probably about a month ago, he's doing an album where Pharrell, Timberland and Swiss Beats are the EPs. How how does that happen?
Speaker 17: You know?
Speaker 23: Buster is somebody that don't back down easy. You can't tell him no. And he signed us up.
Speaker 20: For his project and we just said okay, let's do it. And Keith King He's like, you know.
Speaker 23: You Tam, Pharrell, y'all man producers for the project.
Speaker 20: I'm like, okay, no, the executive producers okay.
Speaker 23: And then I don't know, like somehow we actually all got into a space which is a photo of us on this boat, and I'm sitting there, I'm like, yo, he really manifested this. Like we didn't even plan to be on that boat at that time. It's not like Okay, let's have an executive producer boat ride, like we just all ended up sitting there and I'm looking around like, okay, I heard the universe. Okay, I guess we're doing it.
Speaker 2: Is it done?
Speaker 4: Is it almost done?
Speaker 23: It's done, and it needs to come out now, you know, because buster a whole on time album to thirty Summer ever.
Speaker 4: Right, but this might be a stupid question. He's named after Nods, right, yeah, okay, yeah, it's Nods, like if God bothers, just just no.
Speaker 11: My mom's from Queen.
Speaker 20: His mother's loved Nods. You know, I was kind of conflicted in a way, but yeah, I'm saying. But then I was like, I love nas too.
Speaker 2: I will salute the Swiss beats in his son Nasia. And when we come back, we got more with Swiss beats. So don't move us to Breakfast Lub, Good Morning, the Breakfast Club. More than everybody's DJ Dad, we are to Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Swiss beats in Nasia.
Speaker 4: You know, everybody always ask about.
Speaker 20: Versus man, what's up with versus big things? Big things?
Speaker 23: You know, I'm happy that me and Tim was able to take the time to understand our company because when we launched it, it was during the pandemic things happened and then like we never got no rest, you know, like we was helping everybody else feel better and have something to go to other than the negative news and energy at that time. But we didn't take time for ourselves and so things went fast and we own the We own the company one hundred percent again, which is super fresh, and we got some big announcements coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wonder if it's something I mean, I know it's something artists still want to do.
Speaker 8: But you know, during the.
Speaker 12: Pandemic it was more pure because it was just about the music. Now with so much business and red tape involved.
Speaker 23: Yeah, and naturally when something gets big like that, that that happens. But you know Versus and I tell people because I had people on the shows, and when when you bring up Versus, they're like, oh, I don't want to And it's it's not a battle show.
Speaker 11: It's a show.
Speaker 20: Where two artists celebrating each other with their hits.
Speaker 23: Now, if you want to make it a battle, I'm not going to say, hey, don't talk tough to this guy.
Speaker 20: Right you you make it a battle, or you can make it a love fest.
Speaker 23: You know, like there's been many verses that it's been smooth and loving, but with the hip hop is just the ego. You know how it's competitive.
Speaker 2: Bro, you put the locks and Dipset on stage.
Speaker 20: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, and everybody.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people thought Dipset was going to take that one away.
Speaker 23: I know many people thought that the dip Set was going to and then it was Jada. Yeah, you got the right hat on.
Speaker 2: What was the biggest versus for you as far as culture? Would that be the biggest?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 23: That and Gucci Man and Jez absolutely, yeah, those two because that's what verses do it. You know, it took two guys that really went to war to the point of no return, and Versus gave them an outlet to, you know, send a different message out there to the youth today because they're not who they.
Speaker 20: Was fifteen years ago.
Speaker 23: But there's no outlets that can let you as a man, as a you know, stand on how you feel and move past from it. And this is why you know, I couldn't if I stop Versus today, I would be fine because we want already like it did what it needed to do, but it needs to do more because Versus the people's streams go up seven hundred percent, people sell out their tours.
Speaker 11: It's so we call it the versus effect.
Speaker 23: And the artists get so much from versus And so all the artists out there who's listening to this, please stop trying to charge us more than you ever made on your show. You know, show us the love that you showed those other outlets that you don't get nothing from it, you know. And so that was the thing that was like the hardest thing was hearing the artists trying to overdo it for no reason.
Speaker 2: I got to ask because there was there's been a lot of rumors about some verses that would well hopefully will still get done. And you just say yes and no.
Speaker 20: I don't want to say yes and no, you main do pree Is that gonna happened?
Speaker 2: He just said he don't want to see you, I know, but I'm asking anyway.
Speaker 23: But the reason see, because I'm not scared to answer the question. By the way, but what happens is this clip right here gets played back to me and it's like, yo, I didn't really want to confirm that yet by blah blah, and I have to deal with this offline and say Yo, they asked me a question. Y'all went out there and did a promo run, and y'all went out there and said, y'all wanted to do it. All I did was confirm, which I said, yeah, but that was a different time. But this is the versus documentary has been. We've been shooting the documentary since the beginning the verses, so lean away as the director.
Speaker 20: Y'all going to see all of this when I'm telling you, I take for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you guys for joining us. Ride with Drive excuse me, with Swiss Beats. Where can they see?
Speaker 19: You can see Drive premiering on Hulu. Drive with Swiss Beats, tune all the way in. All six episodes will be dropping multaneously, so you could binge watch the whole thing.
Speaker 2: This is own, absolutely, but we appreciate you guys for joining us.
Speaker 4: Make some noise for Swiss beats and not see it then, y'ard.
Speaker 20: I've never seen an audience like this. Is amazing.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 4: They do these nice little events from time to time.
Speaker 20: It was not little at all, but doing some big things today.
Speaker 4: This is cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So this has a change for change when we give back to people. And what people did this time is they put a wish list the things that they needed for the holidays, and shout to Amazon. They provided their wish list for a lot of people. Okay, so like even today, since you guys are here, I think we should do something special.
Speaker 20: Charlemane, what your day?
Speaker 4: I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: Now for everybody that that's what we're here for. Yeah, Now for everybody who put in the wishless and came in and put your hands up one time and then you bought a person with you right right, So for you guys today, we're gonna give everybody that signed up one thousand dollars.
Speaker 20: That's right. Oh up, where you sign up?
Speaker 11: Back? What do we do that?
Speaker 2: But not only that, people that you came, well, we're gonna give a thousand dollars two that's right.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 4: Hey see, one of y'all didn't want to come hee, one of y'all had to get begged to come here.
Speaker 20: Now, look, this is the big money show.
Speaker 1: This is the big money show.
Speaker 2: So we appreciate you guys for coming. We got a lot of cool stuff for you as well, and just say thank you guys for rocking with us and riders.
Speaker 4: Right, and thank you to Amazon man. Thank you for Amazon. We really appreciate you, guys. We couldn't do none of this without Amazon, so thank you very much.
Speaker 2: So ladies and gentlemen, Nazi Swiss Beats, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Once again.
Speaker 12: Thank you to Swiss Beach and Nazi and salute the Amazon Man and that Black Business Initiative. The Black Business Initiative is dedicated to helping build sustainable growth for black owned businesses by explicitly targeting barriers to access opportunity and advancement. Visit to Buy Black Store on Amazon this holiday season for products from black owned businesses of all sizes, including small businesses.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we got more best of It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 12: And I go by the name of Charlamage the God. We are the world most dangerous. Morning to show the Breakfast Club. And happy holidays, man, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 4: That's right, Mary.
Speaker 12: Honka Mary New Year. Mary Kwanza said, Kansas right, Yeah, yeah, man. We wish you would marry everything that's right.
Speaker 2: And don't forget to check out the color purple.
Speaker 4: Marry color purple.
Speaker 2: Marry color purple.
Speaker 4: That's right, happy marry color purple.
Speaker 2: All right, well, you'll definitely check it out. Is in theaters today and keep a lot to the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, whatever, y'all a stej Envy breakfast club.
Speaker 1: You don't finish for y'all. Done,