Speaker 1: Hey friends, this is DJ Daniel. The following episode contains spoilers for the show obi Wan. If you would like to avoid these spoilers, they begin five minutes and fifteen seconds after I am done speaking. The spoiler conversation ends at fifteen minutes when the theme song kicks. In a special note, these timings do not include the ads placed at the beginning of the episodes. Those are placed by region, and therefore I do not know how long they may be. So to keep it simple, five minutes and fifteen seconds after I am done speaking is when the spoilers begin, and fifteen minutes after I am done speaking is when the theme song begins. If you want to hear the conversation spoilers and all, sit back, relax and enjoy the show.
Speaker 2: Wait, so how do we talk about this without any spoilers?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: So you got to be in Star Wars. That's really exciting to obi Wan.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got to be in an episode of obi Wan and you.
Speaker 4: Get to talk about let's talk about seeing your name in the start with the Star Wars background.
Speaker 2: It was very exciting. It was very exciting. And I'm not in person as myself, I can say I'm a creature. Okay, that's not really a spoiler, and we can talk about how that was really cool because the way the creatures designed it was a puppet with a person inside, and then two puppeteers using it had like seventy servos in its head, and there's two different puppeteers using like RC remotes that are moving. All the features of the seventy servos in its face.
Speaker 4: Are gears that operate the puppet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like little motors, and and and this, you know, the different the tentacles and the eyebrows, and you know, and and then and then the way it's rigged is that I wear this head piece I posted on in my Instagram if you're curious what it looks like. And when I talk, the jaw moves. And so that was what was so cool about getting to do it. It wasn't you know, I would have I would have flipped out if it was just a voice over assignment. But I got to be on set.
Speaker 4: You're you had the character, had your mannerisms in your face. Even though it did it looked nothing like you, you know what I mean, but it still felt like you. You know what I mean and that's what that's what makes that so cool, you know, because it's like you're acting, you're acting with somebody else's face kind of, but your face still shines through through it, you know what I mean. And your and because your voice is different, Like there's so many things that were really spectacular about this for me. One, your voice is different, but you're still telling the story so well. You play a pro Empire character.
Speaker 2: But that's a bit of a spoiler, isn't it, Joelle?
Speaker 3: Not really on the line of it. You got a lot of tweets asking how does Donald feel? People were really worried about the friendship.
Speaker 2: Yes, well I know I saw that on my Instagram too, because I don't read Twitter anymore. But Donald, all our fans because they know this is your fantasy. I saw the funniest version of it was someone wrote, did you and Donald accidentally mix up your whiteboards?
Speaker 4: I hope I'm directing something real good, real soon.
Speaker 2: I do want to say that Donald and and and he can, he can make jokes about hating it, but he has been and I was nervous to tell him that I got I got the part. But of course, but he as as every good best friend should be was nothing ever more than holy shit, I'm so excited for you. Oh.
Speaker 4: I cried for like a day. Don't get it twisted, all right, See I was wrong. I cried. I cried for a day. But then my fucking once, my e let it go. I was like, dude, Zach has an opportunity to do something that's so fucking cool, and well, thank you, and let me finish. Dude, let me finish. And you know he's gonna freaking kill it and freak kill it. He's gonna and you know he's gonna freaking kill it, you know, And dude, you you were amazing. Man, it was really it was a it was refreshing to see. Not only for that, but you brought my kids back to Star Wars. Also, my kids, you know, they adore you and they love you tremendously, and uh, I shoved Star Wars down their throats so hard that they were turned off by it to the point where they won't watch Marvel. If you could be in a Marvel movie next, that would be great. First of all, because they don't like Thank you, they don't like they don't like uh Star Wars anymore, or they didn't like Star Wars anymore, and they won't watch Marvel because I obsess over it too much. Right, And so when you so Cheaper by the doesn't came out and my kids went to the premiere, and you are now like an a lister in our house. You're not you know, you are like freaking to you know how Denzel and Harrison Ford was to me. You're that to my children right now. And so I've seen Cheaper Biby Doesn't quite a few times, and you are the king of sauce. I ge't you know what I mean, I can get all of that right. And so Star Wars comes out and I haven't told anybody about this at all. Obi Wan comes back.
Speaker 2: I haven't told anyone either because I'm so afraid of you know, obviously on the podcast, these guys knew forever and we were being a little bit cheeky about saying, oh, obi Wan looks really good, but we would have said that anyway because Donald and you.
Speaker 4: Know, I'm a freak about it, and you know, Joe Well's a freaking about it too.
Speaker 2: And so we had to keep it under wraps because you know, it was supposed to be a surprise, top secret thing.
Speaker 4: But we've known about it since before he shot it. I was telling it.
Speaker 2: Actually simultaneously with Cheaper by the we're gonna talk about a little bit more in depth. So if you don't want to know anything about Obi Wan, if you haven't watched any of it, I guess sleep ahead.
Speaker 4: Before you go on. Spoiler alert spoiler alert or spoiler alert spoiler alert.
Speaker 5: Okay, So so that's so fucking cool.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, dude, that's the coolest shit ever. When you're done with this, let me finish my story too. Go ahead, Oh, your story.
Speaker 2: But anyway, like the Mandalorian, a lot of this stuff is shot on that this thing called the Volume, which is the state of the art stage where it's not green screen, it's it's live projected, you know, four K resolution. And so when you're in this thing called the Volume, it's all really they're all that stuff with the in the Fish in that wacky market where Leah escapes and it's you know, in the in the it's sort of futuristic marketplace where they have the chase scene in episode two, that's like a small only a few set pieces. Everything you're seeing is the is the Volume screen. Wow, So it's just an insane technology.
Speaker 4: Even her jumping across the roof and all that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying, anything like they're interacting with is a set piece, like a roof would be a set piece, but like anything beyond it, like where a green screen would be, is projected live. So when you're on when you're in the volume, I've never been, but Debora said, you've got to come check it out. It's it's the most insane thing you've ever seen. Because what's crazy is it's happening. It's live, like you're just standing there looking at it, and she could be like, oh, those two extras deep in the background, can you delete them? And the guy at the computer's like, do do, dude, and then they're gone, and it's like, you know, we should probably add like a spaceship landing on that building, and like do do doo doo. All of a sudden, there's a spaceship landing on that building.
Speaker 4: And you're watch you, dude, that's so cool.
Speaker 2: So cool. And I believe Mandalorian was the first big show to develop this, but now it's becoming a new if you're can afford it, the new way to do futuristic well any sort of anything with a budget, anything with a budget that can afford it. But anyway, so the point is that my scenes.
Speaker 4: Though were all lighting and everything, my scenes.
Speaker 2: Were actually shot out in the desert on this ranch ranch desert thing about actually.
Speaker 4: Had the most practical part in.
Speaker 2: The right and it was so hot. I felt so bad for the gentleman in the suit because it was really hot, and they had like things going inside the suit to help him be cool, like cool air being pumped in. But but it looks so everything you're seeing on the on on My scenes were shot on location and and and I remember turning to Deborah and were just that expansive, incredible view, and I go, you know, people are gonna think this is fake, right, people are gonna think this is the volume. She's like, I know, we can spend all this time and money and effort bringing this enormous crew out here, and they're gonna think it's fake because it looked so beautiful. But it was just so cool and I had to be so top secret about it. But they wouldn't even let me take my sides, Like the sides are the things I'm an actor gets on the day. They're like a small script of just what you're what you're saying that day, and like it never in my life has a PA come up to me and like, hey, we have to take those I was like, hey, well, I was like, I can't have these other souvenirs.
Speaker 4: She was like, no, you know that's that's that's that's the crazy thing. Though. When would you ever take sides home as a sumo?
Speaker 2: No, no, of course not.
Speaker 4: That shit goes in the trash when you're done. Anyway, after her days of work, yeoh man, it's really interesting. Man. Like I was saying, my kids now are back on Star Wars because Cheaper by the Dozen is such a huge success in my household. All I had to say was Uncle Zach's and Star Wars this morning.
Speaker 2: That is a good sentence though, to say to your somebody.
Speaker 4: Got right, and they go he is. And my son then goes because I forced him to watch episode one and they were like, oh god, that's your nightmare.
Speaker 2: At least you got him on basket. At least you got.
Speaker 4: That, no doubt. He's totally playing basketball. And so he goes to me after he hears that, he goes, maybe I should watch episode two first. Oh oh, good, and I was like a word, he's yeah, And I was like, all right, let's put on episode two. Now. I could watch this shit all day, It's me, you know what I mean. I could watch the Great, I could watch the Bad, I could watch the so so it doesn't matter to me. It's Star Wars. I'm in. Right, he sits down and he starts watching. Now he's laughing through the shit too, you know what I mean. So now he's getting the jokes that, uh, I don't want to spoil anything.
Speaker 2: And we're still in the spoiler mode. You can talk.
Speaker 4: Are we still in the spoiler mode?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, cool? All right, So he's saying he's laughing at the ship that Leah is saying. So now I'm like, wow, this little girl's really making So now the impact after watching it the second time that this little girl has on my son is like, oh snap, she's she works perfectly for this, right, you know what I mean? And so uh and soh and so now every speech she has, I'm listening to what she's saying instead of listening to what you know, uh obi wan and and and what everybody else is saying. And so that scene where he talks about how you know, you know, you remind me of someone. It hits home all of a sudden. Now it's like, oh, it's gut wrenching, you know what I mean. It's right anyway, so let me finish.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you're still going okay, so.
Speaker 4: Let me finish. So we get through that episode, and we watched the next episode, uh, which has you in it, and he's freaking over well, actually, he goes away. I put on the next episode. I say this is the part Uncle Zach's and he comes running in. They sit down and watch the rest of the episode from that moment on right cool, right? And so uh then anyway, so this morning I'm sleeping, he comes down. He wakes up early every morning. I walk into we call it the cool Room. It's the room where we have the video games, where we have the arcade. It's like the arcade, right. It started off as the kid's room and he named it the cool room as a kid. So I walk into the room and he's in there watching Obi Wan Kenobi and it's short part. He goes, this is one of my favorite shows, dad, And I'm like.
Speaker 2: Yes, I brought them back, Yes, I brought them back. That's amazing. He came through. All I want now, I'm just praying for an action figure, that's all I all I want, or a Lego set.
Speaker 4: Well you have, you have the opportunity to come.
Speaker 2: I think Frek's gonna get a figure. I'm not dead, so I mean I could come back.
Speaker 4: And that was a freaking awesome scene too.
Speaker 2: If you're listening to this, please write in it. Uh you guys better bring back Frek. He was amazing. Anyway, I gotta think Deborah Chow and Joelle is wearing a directed by Deborah Chow t shirt, which is very cute. It's just an incredible the amount of pressure that was on her shoulders. She directed every single one of these episodes.
Speaker 4: She should get a movie. Man, she should get a movie.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure she'll get.
Speaker 4: They should do an over. I mean, I don't know how this ends, so I don't want to, you know, if this is it, if this is a limited series, I don't want to. But this would be a dope movie.
Speaker 2: Also, all I can say is, you know, most of these shows, as you know, several directors do them, and she did them all. And she's just the amount of pressure on this woman's shoulders, and she was always cool and always calm. And you know, she's just.
Speaker 4: The number one stream show ever in Disney Plus history.
Speaker 2: Yeah ever, Yeah, And she had all the pressure of the fans desires and the studio's desires and Ewan's desires and everyone all out on her shoulders and every doing every single episode. So she's a pretty incredible person and filmmaker, and I want to give her a shout out all right.
Speaker 4: Before we before we in the spoiler section, there is one thing that we have to talk about. We can't talk about the positive without talking about the little bit of negative. First of all, all of these people out there that are bullying or talking shit about young Moses, you can eat a capital d i c K for your racist comments, dude. It's one thing to not like a performance, but to go in on her because of the color of her skin is some bullshit, dude. And or whatever the fuck you identify as you can eat and you can that's so.
Speaker 2: That's horrible. Then this also happened to the the the Asian woman who was the star of the horrible aspect of the fan base that that that that of some of the fan base obviously that that happens. It's really disheartening.
Speaker 4: But it makes it. I mean, come on, this is supposed to be somebody's big break, and your idea of fandom is unnecessary and not wanted and not needed. So please keep that to yourself if ever you feel like the way I'm gonna express how I feel about somebody's performances to go directly at their heart and feelings or at their race. You are not a fan. You are a fucking piece of ship. That's how I go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, people like that, the good here here, here.
Speaker 4: Wu tang forever.
Speaker 2: I think we should. I that's the end of the boiler section down. You'll figure out the time there, and let's get into the show. Donald count us.
Speaker 4: In five six seven eight, I'm not sure we made about a bunch of story.
Speaker 2: So yea.
Speaker 4: Yea swept.
Speaker 2: Well. The first thing we have to say is Judy Rays. Judy Ray is Judy Rays in this episode.
Speaker 4: Holy she had I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I just think that Judy Ray is that she's just her reel of actors should just be this scene. Yes, she's just so talented, and I'm excited. It will have already happened when you hear this. But we are all going down to Austin and we're all gonna reunite, and I'm so excited Donald to have fun with you. Bill is coming U. Don Knight and Sarah were planning on going down a night early just to have some some fun together. And Bill just texted me that he's going to join us a day early. And then the whole cast, uh, the whole lead, all the leads except for Ken understandably, are are going down to do this panel and we're all gonna have dinner Saturday night together, which is I mean, we been a dinner together probably, I mean ever exactly?
Speaker 4: You know, well, yeah, remember after we lost.
Speaker 2: Well we remember a few times, you know, every.
Speaker 4: Time we lost an award show, we would go to dinner right after we lost. I remember that was the one thing that I was like, I appreciate Bill for this so much. We'd lose and he'd be like, you are ready to go.
Speaker 2: We fel like, yeah, we're not, We're not sitting here. Well. I couldn't help but think that Judy should have been nominated for her performance in this episode. Absolutely, She's just so heartbreaking at the end. And and but we'll get there. So Laverne if you recall this is a to be continued episode. This is what's the name of it, Joel. This episode mine, My Long Goodbye, My Long Goodbye and written by Dave Tennant and directed by Victor Nella Junior. Laverne is in a coma from her car accident and and everybody is dealing Yeah, go ahead, I'm just saying to say. Everybody is dealing with the grief of it in their own different way.
Speaker 4: Right, Elliott's fucking like crazy.
Speaker 2: Elliott just decided to fuck like crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's her. That's her go to.
Speaker 2: And we know that she's doing it by the number of scratches on Keith's back.
Speaker 4: Right, And she gets to the cross mark, she's comes five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, when you're doing.
Speaker 4: It's a cross mark? I thought, right, No, what do they call that thing?
Speaker 2: When you do one, two, three, four? And then you put a hash to the five? Oh? Hash hash? I keep wanting to say hash, but not hashtag.
Speaker 4: Felix comes up in Google is accurate.
Speaker 2: Hashtag does tally marks? Tally marks? Okay, there you go. Okay, so she's she's had sex with them five times, so she's put she puts the fifth tally mark on, but then wants to go again.
Speaker 4: Then yeah, then wants to go again.
Speaker 2: Remember the Penis doctors, Doctor Penis, he told us that that that's called the refractory period. How I believe how quickly the man can go again? Keith has a very low refractory period.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is, it is. It is. One would say lightning quick.
Speaker 2: I would say it's seconds, because she says let's go again, and Keith's ready, and he.
Speaker 4: Yes, I do not have I do not have that. It's quick, but it's not that quick.
Speaker 2: Well, you're also forty eight.
Speaker 4: When I was young, it wasn't that quick either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I was When I was young, my refractory period wasn't that quick either. I think only in the movies and TV.
Speaker 4: It's that quick, right, especially on this.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. There's probably someone listening who's like, no, my refracting period is like five seconds, man.
Speaker 4: And that person has a lot of kids. Yeah, that person has a lot of kids.
Speaker 2: So JD and Turk have decided to do something they've always want to do, which is mailbox baseball at Kelso's house.
Speaker 4: Yes, and Kelso has reinforced his mailbox with titanium because Enid. What did she do?
Speaker 2: She hit it with the r V too many times, Enid driving I don't think even though.
Speaker 4: She had dementia, she is.
Speaker 2: Sorry. I'm not laughing at dementia. I'm laughing at the fact that Enid with dementia is driving the r V. I don't think she should be.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: But anyway, you you get kicked off. Now, your stuntman, I went back in froze frame doesn't look anything like you.
Speaker 4: It's too bad now.
Speaker 2: No, of course, when you're watching something in normal speed, you would never notice this. But I was curious enough. But the fellow, whoever he is, I'm sorry, I don't have your name, He did take a very nice fall off a scooter. But but I but I saw that it was clearly not you.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, there's the most infama. This not the person stunt man from Beverly Hills Cop when Eddie Murphy throws the guy over the table. The stunt man looks like Richard Pryor, and at least the dude had a bald head in this one.
Speaker 2: Any in a mustache. I don't know if it was fake or not.
Speaker 4: Wait in Beverly and Bellly Hills cop. No in this one, Oh no, they really did the Beverly Hills cop maneuver.
Speaker 2: Just put a mustache on the guy.
Speaker 4: No, if you did, I have a must I didn't have a mustache.
Speaker 2: In this episode. You have a mustache?
Speaker 4: Really, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I only knew. I only knew because I went back and looked at it, and I was like, the guy looks nothing like him. But I froze frame. It is like, well, at least they put the mustache on him.
Speaker 4: Wow. Do you remember me rocking a mustache all the time?
Speaker 2: I just remember that sometimes you would and sometimes you wouldn't. And when we needed to highlight the mall, we we would take it off.
Speaker 4: Shake the mustache.
Speaker 2: I thought that was Lonnie playing the guy who gets bad news, didn't you?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 2: But then I realized it was the Lannie look alike. Yes, because Bill was pretty good about not repeating characters. Ever, I think there's like a handful of examples. Maybe, but I was like, why is Lonnie getting the bad news from the bad news robot?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: The bad news robot is pretty funny. It's made of a garbage.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it's made up. But that's a freaking very funny soap opera fantasy of that with the robot.
Speaker 2: Yeah the kid wait, wait, don't get it not No. First that starts with the guard for the first of all, it's the bad news robot. It comes in and it's a garbage can with like a scooter handabar. Johnny almost have made this thing.
Speaker 4: It's well okay, right, and it comes in to get bad news, to give bad news, and it gives the kid the news that he has cancer, and then it dies.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Wait, and then it says, press the button for a pep talk, or press the button if you give up. Yeah, And the kid presses the button for the pep talk, and the robot goes, you have pressed the button for a pep talk. You are going. You are strong, you.
Speaker 2: Are and then he starts smoking because because it breaks him. And then the robot dies, and then we cut to.
Speaker 4: The robots now in the bed.
Speaker 2: Right, and I have to give his robot kids two little smaller robots bad news. And then one takes out a laser.
Speaker 4: And blasts you and shoots me. You disintegrate, yeah, And then the other on the other one comes through in.
Speaker 2: That was very funny. That was yeah, that was very very stonor very stony, hilarious.
Speaker 4: Jordan and Cox are having the baby. They don't want anyone to know about it.
Speaker 2: She didn't even tell him, right. I like that he puts on a Rutgers T shirt represent Jersey. Johnny has a connection to Rutgers.
Speaker 4: But I did. I got my Rutgers. I don't know. I know he went to n y U. I think he went to Syracuse too, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But I got in a Rutger I remember, dude. I remember getting into Rutgers and just the only college that I got into. And I only got in because my mom went to Rutgers. This is such a bad story, but my mom went to Rutgers and her college professor, her drama professor, was Avery Brooks, right, And so anyway, I go out for Rutgers. My grades in the high school are shit. I didn't go to high school. I was a horrible I.
Speaker 2: Mean, you're in fame, you were in the fame high school.
Speaker 4: I cut a lot and I have a lot of teachers there that helped push me through, and I appreciate you all. But in all honesty, I was a good student, and so my mom's dream was for me to go to Rutgers. I went and I did the audition and I got in, and I remember my guidance counselor's face, mister Nap, when I told him, Oh, I'm not going to go to college. M was to go to LA and make it as an actor. And I remember his face when I said that. Shit. He was like, oh, Donald, don't you oh ment like and I was like no, he was like, I my guidance counselor, who was also my history teacher, couldn't believe that I got into college. Also, so when I saw Johnny C with that Rutgers shirt hunt, I was like, holy shit, this is full circle. Man. I remember this moment. I remember the moment when I told him and my mom that not I actually ain't happening.
Speaker 2: We got to ask Johnny when we see him, why why he decided to give Rutgers a shout out. He must have some connection to it. There has to be a Jersey Pride, Jersey Pride Rutgers represent. My dad taught law at Rutgers and he was very loyal, very loyal to their football team. He would actually go to the games, even though I don't even know if Rutgers was any good ever.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, yeah, they were absolutely At one point they won an into or were in the NCAA game.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's me championship. That shows you how to line.
Speaker 4: Though, right. I think they played for I think they played for My.
Speaker 2: Stepfather was a professor there too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after these fine words. By the way, did you notice that it's a small little easter egg? But when Kelsel comes out of his house after you on the ground, he's he's holding a plow Ox mug, which is.
Speaker 4: The from the lock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like the little easter egg that he's still rocking the plow Max mug. So Carr, Cox and Jordan don't want anyone to know about there that they're having the C section, and they've asked JD for a favor, but he's so worked up in his head about trying to be the godfather and and the fact that he's going to be the only one who knows the secret that he doesn't hear what Cox is one request is and and so he misses it. But he's like, don't but he's like should I ask again? No, no, no, and then he'll think he can't trust you. So he has a plan too, well.
Speaker 4: He was, he remembers he was still looking at Cox while he's daydreaming. He just wasn't listening. So he goes he has a plan to go to some doctor, an audiologist I guess right, who can read the lips he creates. He tries to recreate remember doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do a Cox impression, and then I try and recreate which is which is bizarre that JD has such a memory that he can remember Cox is what Cox's lips were doing. And then the audiologist says, yes, he wants you to go buy some more film for his camera.
Speaker 4: And that makes perfect sense because there's a baby on the way right.
Speaker 2: So JD believes that and goes to get And so you kids out there, you used to put film in a camera. Now a camera used to be separate from your iPhone.
Speaker 4: It used to be a whole nother apparatus actually. Uh So Elliot's the first person to go say goodbye to Laverne. Uh she just in case, uh something bad happens before the the cat scan comes back. Elliot's the first person to go in and she you know, it's a wonderful job. Everybody who went into the room to say goodbye to Nurse Roberts, that's such a wonderful.
Speaker 2: Job, including you. You were you were, you were very good in your scene.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: But when Ellen goes, this is what Laverne daught her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is Laverne. I want to thank you for all the things that you told me, like when why did people come out of the rain? They smell like wet dog? And then Elliott gets caught up in that.
Speaker 2: Elliott's moved by that, and she.
Speaker 4: Goes, they do they do we do?
Speaker 2: Or did we do?
Speaker 4: And then there's another moment and she goes, we really do? It was great. It was a very funny moment, very hard. But also we learned that when uh, we learned that when uh, when Carl is being followed around by this ghost, that also Cox is followed around by a ghost as well. He's followed around by the ghost of Nicole Sullivan's character.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I read on scrubs Wiki that it was originally supposed to be bred in Frasier, but he was unavailable, and so they asked Nicole Sullivan. Oh wow, Well, scrubs Wiki trivia there for you.
Speaker 4: I think this rumor. They don't know how did they know?
Speaker 2: It may have been something sometimes scrubs Wiki I think gets stuff off the DVD commentaries We did uh so that might have been something Bill said, and he commentaries me. Todd says, if doing you right now.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, that's the best one. When the trio is in there, When that trio is in there, that is the best one.
Speaker 2: Todd's Todd's sweet words of of.
Speaker 4: Of do you want to know what he says of pep talk is if he goes, you know, he goes, you were the woman I'd never do because you're a big girl. But if doing you right now would save your life? Is that what he said? I would doing it.
Speaker 2: Right now could help?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: I would like like so sincere I would. So. We also learned the janitor was the lifeguard at LaVerne's pool party, even though he's not a strong swimmer, and she.
Speaker 4: Made a buddet but he somehow made abundantly clear yes.
Speaker 2: And then he then he says something that that really is twisted. If you see your dog up there, please tell him I'm sorry sorry, which means that LaVerne's dog was killed at her at one of her pool in the.
Speaker 4: No in the pool when the janitor was supposed to be a lifeguard.
Speaker 2: Yes, but he couldn't do the dog.
Speaker 4: But he couldn't say the dog because he couldn't swim. I'm sorry, oh man, okay, morbid?
Speaker 2: So then he then the janet reveals that he converged the Norse religion.
Speaker 4: Right because he thinks that LaVerne's going to Valhalla. Yes, okay, we've got to go back. Also what Carla? Also, Carla is in such denial, but she also reveals that there was a mister Wang in the hospital. We went into Acoma in nineteen eighty four and just woke up. Yeah, but when he woke up, he moon walking into Michael Jackson outfit and says, where's the beef?
Speaker 2: I love that he had all that in his room for for for several years. He's moon walking in in was it the Michael Jackson He's moved in the red Michael Jackson outfit? Thriller from thriller from thriller? Is he the thriller or or thriller thriller.
Speaker 4: Because Billy Gene is black?
Speaker 2: And then and then he and then he got the rub and then he says, where's the beef? For those of you who are too young, that was a famous Wendy where this old woman would would open up her burger.
Speaker 4: But from different from various burger uh fast food places, and.
Speaker 2: She became famous all around. Was like a very very famous, very famous campaign. And she the burger meat was too small, and she'd.
Speaker 4: Go, where's the beef, Where's the beef?
Speaker 2: The woman was like nine hundred years old.
Speaker 4: I had a tea. I had that. I had one of those T shirts. You didn't have it, Wear's the Beef T shirt? When you were young?
Speaker 2: You had a Were's the beef T shirt?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? I had Simpson, I dude, I had a collection of Simpson's T shirts. And I had never watched the Simpsons, but Bart Simpson was so popular that fucking I had his face plays. You were a poser, dude, I said this many a times in high school. Dude, I walked around dressed as Bell Biv Devou. I had hammer pants on. I was that kid.
Speaker 2: Nice don't know, but you at least loved those things. You're saying. You were a Bart Simpson T shirt and didn't watch the Simpsons.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I love Bart Simpson. But I didn't watch the Simpsons because I didn't watch the I love Bart Simpson because when you would go to the movies and they would have those little shorts before the movies and it would be the Simpson cartoon and that's how I knew who they were.
Speaker 2: But I remember it's starting on the Tracy.
Speaker 4: Tracyman Show as well. Yeah, but if you went to the movies, like a couple of movies I went to, there was like one where the Simpsons go to a therapist and they're all sitting on the therapist's chair and by the end of it, Homer's choking the ship out of Bart. But anyway, I had My favorite shirt was one where Bart's a rosta man and he's holding a blunt.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see, that would make you look cool with your friends.
Speaker 4: This is right. This is in high school too, so I got a lot of like yearbook pictures with me wearing that shirt.
Speaker 2: Really only in a Manhattan school, could you take your yearbook picture.
Speaker 4: Only at the professional Children's school? Was that?
Speaker 2: Probably only at the professional Children' School Manhattan? Can you take your class picture with Bart as a rosta man with a joint.
Speaker 4: Well, it wasn't a class pictures like me on a freaking it was like a field day and where the whole school was on a field. You know, it was like in Central Park.
Speaker 2: We let's digress from how did you feel about the Miami Heat Celtics game?
Speaker 4: I know how you felt. You felt it was over after the first five minutes.
Speaker 2: I was tiring to convince Donald I was watching. So I watched the first five minutes when where they were up by like ten, and I go, it's over. I I can't watch it anymore. It's over. It's over. That leads too big, There's not enough, there's no it was. It was l It was there like first two minutes of the game.
Speaker 4: Dude, that game was. It's such a good game until the last Listen, I'm gonna say one thing and I'll probably get heat for it, no pun intended, right, But he my dude, but he is my favorite player in the NBA. But the decision he made at the end of the game to pull that three, I'm sure he's tired, and I know Al Horford is a beast of a defender, but he had Al Horford backing up on his heels and Jimmy Butler decided to pull almost from the logo A three.
Speaker 2: And you disagree with the decision.
Speaker 4: I don't think that was the right decision. I think he should have put it in al Horford and tried to get the AM one at least.
Speaker 2: Daniel, do you did you watch the game? Do you agree with Donald's assessment?
Speaker 7: I mean, I definitely agree with Donald's assessment. I did not watch the game. I watched the highlights. I'm a big Jimmy Butts fan. I love Jimmy Buckets, but it's like the Michael Jordan quote, you're past the ball to make that shot like forty times. You'll miss it thirty times, but it's not going to stop you from trying.
Speaker 4: Right. He missed it on the biggest stage to go to the finals, though they would have, Yeah, they would have. If he made it, they go to the finals. Yeah, and it's a rap and he's freaking ten for the year, for the year. It's freaking Kawhi Leonard when he did it to Joe Ellen, beating Jimmy Bucket with the bounce, with the bounce, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally, I'm gonna post back. This went beyond anyway.
Speaker 4: You asked, you asked, No, I asked.
Speaker 2: I wanted for those sports lovers out there who listen, I wanted to give you your your your little little moment to talk about it. I I tried. I want you to know I tried. I gave it a solid.
Speaker 4: O Internet. I'm happy for the Celtics.
Speaker 2: When the Celtics were had seventeen points and I don't think it ever got that big. We're ten points off whatever, I was like, it's over, Donald, But I was having fun with all my friends being like this is I need this, this is a big one, so stupid. All right back, let's take a break. We're gonna say a quick break and we'll be right back with some more talk about the TV show Scrubs.
Speaker 4: And we're bad. Yeah, Wu tang forever, Wu tang forever.
Speaker 2: What you're trying to get into one day, or shown what you're trying to do. Hey, speaking of what you're trying to get into, make sure you pace tomorrow because I don't want you woozy picture you're getting on the plane.
Speaker 4: Oh you don't know, bro r, you don't know. You ain't heard what I'm using this trip to get off the marijuana.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, but you're still I imagine, gonna have a mimosa or something on the plane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I can't drink like I used to be able to drink like that. I know.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm telling you the pace, because you.
Speaker 4: Don't need to tell me the pace. I've already. I'm a grown ass man.
Speaker 2: I know you s don't want to musy.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get woozy. That's not fun for me, is my point. I don't like the feeling of the room spinning. I don't like the feeling of I'm about to throw up. So I'll have a drink and if that shit's too sweet, I'm not gonna finish it.
Speaker 2: You honor me, listen. I want to make sure that you don't mimosa out too much on the plane. Yeah.
Speaker 4: How they die and I hope they burning? Hell?
Speaker 2: What's that airplane?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Sam Jackson?
Speaker 2: Oh oh the snakes?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Do you remember an airplane? When they when they when they cut to the counterpoint segment, and the guys like they bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let him crash, all right, as long as you promise not to get woozy because I got a nice dinner reservation for us.
Speaker 4: Where are we eating? Is it me you, Sarah and Bill?
Speaker 2: It's me you, Sarah and Bill and Ryan our friend Ryan and right, Okay, we're gonna have fun. Just don't get too woozy. I can't believe Sarah's coming. She never does anything spontaneous. No disrespect to Sarah, but.
Speaker 4: I'm sure she's sick of being in Canada.
Speaker 2: Well, all I'm gonna tell is I guarantee you. We've told you on the podcast that there's always a story with Sarah, and I know that she's going to show up and be like, you guys are not going to believe what happened.
Speaker 4: Citizenship is no longer. Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Guess the airport they had revoked my Canadians citizenship. My passport I didn't know. Is it's tired. There's gonna be some you never you will never not see Sarah would like, you're not gonna believe what happened today. It won't even be yesterday, It'll be like today. I'm about then they're about to get my passport and it falls through a grate in the floor.
Speaker 4: It's all. Sometimes it gets really action of the adventury too man like one time the car on time, Yeah, one time it was a car was barreling down a hill towards a picnic where Sarah and the kids were eating.
Speaker 2: It was her car. She didn't put the brake on.
Speaker 4: Right, she didn't put the brake on, and so is it was it her sister's husband or was it I don't know, but anyway, somebody jumps in the car and you know, the cars parked, so the wheel it is hard to turn now and rips the wheel and the car spins out and barely misses them. Yeah, this is a this.
Speaker 2: Is a there's never there was this never till moment. The story at lunch on our next segment, on our next episode, we'll tell you what what Sarah's assuming we're allowed to, We'll tell you what Sarah's drama for the day was. When we see her and she's always had a breath for some reason when she told her and then listen, I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: To see her. I can't wait. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: All right, back to the show, So we learned that Kelso and Laverne had sex a bit.
Speaker 4: For a bit.
Speaker 2: He goes to kiss her, which feels inappropriate, But then LaVerne's ghost tells Carlo, like, I don't mind. We once did it before.
Speaker 4: I was right before I was with miss Roberts. Roberts, let me tell you something that man loves him some brown sugar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Laverna men remembered it fondly. It seemed like, you know, the audience is a little bit like creeped out at first, like mine is Kelso kissing her. And then you cut to LaVerne's ghost revealing like it wasn't, as if to imply like it was.
Speaker 4: It was. No, we had a good Yeah, we had a good couple of we had a good run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a good bad We had some good sessions.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately I couldn't get past the racism and the misogyny.
Speaker 2: So then JD frantically realizes that when Cox says did you go did you do what I said? That the lip reading was very off and it was will you go pick up my son? Yes, So he frantically texts Lloyd, Wow.
Speaker 4: The fact that Lloyd's.
Speaker 2: Why did he choose Lloyd of all people?
Speaker 4: The fact that Lloyd's his go to? I mean, I you know, ever since Lloyd's reliable. Well, he's reliable on his with the job, and he's reliable with the kid, it turns out to.
Speaker 2: I know, but he he well, he comes through and we cut to Lloyd cranking speed metal. Is that what it's called, Daniel speed metal?
Speaker 1: That is a form of metal? Yeah, I think I think that's what it was.
Speaker 2: I can't think of a kind of music I like less of what the I can't think of No disrespect to all the wonderful artists who create it. It's just, you know, it's each their own. I'm sure you don't like slow, sad, singer songwriter music, but I just don't understand, no.
Speaker 8: No, no, do you send any of that?
Speaker 4: At one point, at one point, at one point, there's somebody that always does this in that song.
Speaker 1: Get a good pig squeal going what the called?
Speaker 2: What's that kind of music called? I mean, it's it's metal.
Speaker 1: There's there's there's.
Speaker 2: Also no, that's not metal, it's it's some type of metal. There's like gar Is it just gar? Is that guar?
Speaker 7: I'm trying to skip to the point in the episode so I could hear it again because I'm having trouble to remember exactly what the actual music part sounded like, but we'll.
Speaker 2: Just cut to Lloyd. The kid loves it. The kid is jamming out.
Speaker 4: The kid would not love that.
Speaker 2: No, but really, I think some kids anyway, what's cute in the in the episode is that Cox's kid is jamming out to it. He loves it.
Speaker 4: You're your kids love noise because they make so much of it. So I'm kidd like, look, I love this song. My kids love this song even more than I do now. And we don't play the we don't play the dirty version, but uh Lamar's be humble, great song. They want that song so loud because that bass kick in that ship is so hard that I'm telling you, kids love that that whatever that is, they love that. And speed metal has that hardcore.
Speaker 2: I just don't know, and I'm sure our listeners are. Some of our listeners know. I feel like there's probably a more specific term than speed metal for.
Speaker 4: With the drum behind it.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine? Can you imagine coming home from work? Can you manage coming home from working? Like honey, put on that speed metal track? I love?
Speaker 4: What is it? Dan?
Speaker 2: Did you hear it? I think it's speed metal? Good call? All right? Well, I didn't. Then we referenced it in the show, so we can't take credit for that. Then we learned Laverne from the chart and the CT scan is officially brain dead. And and when Cox says by Laverne, I'm getting goosebumps on my thighs as I as I say it, because it was a very powerful moment. And then I have the flashback to the pilot when which was which was a really beautiful thing that Bill did, cutting to the very first episode when she's like, will you just pronounce them so I can go home?
Speaker 9: And then I say, she hasn't a pilot too, isn't it is that?
Speaker 2: No, I think she's got another one. Okay maybe, but you remember when we had a Loma on she said she just thought she she didn't know she was going to come back. Yeah, oh wait, no, no, I know you're right, you know what, because didn the Loma say she had two lines? And then when the episode airs she had one or something.
Speaker 4: You just pronounced him.
Speaker 2: You just pronounced them so I can go home. And then and then JD. So Cheesley goes, you can finally go.
Speaker 4: Home, and she said, and she says.
Speaker 2: That yeah, and she says that's so cheesy.
Speaker 4: Do you okay, if you had to choose out of the whole show what your favorite joke was in the show, what would it be?
Speaker 2: I have too, Well, my mom had a uterus, I lived in it. I think I improved that, and I thought that was pretty funny. That was It's very jd and very random.
Speaker 4: I take it back. I have three jokes that I thought it was funny. I thought because of my geeked them. Are you on call tonight? Or are you going to fight Superman because you look like Lex Luthor was one of the funniest jokes. And it's so fast and nobody picks up on it, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And by the way, just I read on Scrubs Wiki that if you recalled Johnny C was bald headed in the previous episode or or was it the last one or one before? It was just random? Yeah, yeah, because and it was never explained because they changed the order. So this was the episode where he shaved his head.
Speaker 4: Well, this was thatpisode where Johnny showed up with the shaved head.
Speaker 2: No, in the very top of this episode he shaves his head. He goes, he goes, yeah, there must have been a reason behind it. I feel like, why, why did I wonder why? I don't think Bill would have written that in Johnny see me.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm trying to say. Johnny came in with a shaved head. Oh, and that's how that happened. That's where the saw comes from.
Speaker 2: Oh was it from a roll or did he just decided to shave your head?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know. That's a Johnny question.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I remember they had to they had to figure out a way to write it in. But anyway, it's it's it's it's explained in this episode.
Speaker 4: So that was one of my favorite. Sorry, yes, the other favorite, well, the favorite one is when all you guys are in the room and you're doing the Shadow Public fun Hotly Ship.
Speaker 2: We recreate Pearl Harbor. You recreate pretty impressively.
Speaker 4: Very impressively, with planes crashing and fucking ted. U can't help it.
Speaker 2: It brings in the alligator.
Speaker 4: It has to bring in the alligator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I go, Ted, there were no alligators in Pearl Harbor. Oh, and then I go, we can also do the get We can do the Gettysburg and the first act of Miss Saigon. I would have loved to see them do the first act of Miss Saigon, or at least a number that.
Speaker 4: Would have been amazing. And then finally my last one was the one you said. But it's when Elliot's uterus starts glowing like ET made me laugh. So yeah, it was like phoning home. It was like it was like the uterus phone home. Did somebody just have a baby?
Speaker 2: Ellie? Elliott can always say, and it's just like finger. I said that before in life and forgot that it was a Scrubs joke.
Speaker 4: No, but freaking ET's chest lights up too.
Speaker 2: It's not his heart like, That's what I forgot about that. I always thought it was just his finger.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's chess. That's what freaking turn on your heart lights about. Don't turn on your hot light. I think you'll let it shine wherever you go.
Speaker 2: Don't you think Neil Diamond wrote that before Et.
Speaker 4: No, he wrote that for Et. It's Et. No, look it up, it's about Et. Turn on your heart light.
Speaker 2: Well, this is mind blowing if true, let.
Speaker 4: It shine wherever you go.
Speaker 2: You're telling me that Neil Diamond's heart light song is about Eat.
Speaker 4: He was so inspired by Et that he wrote turn on your Hot Light.
Speaker 3: It talk about a reported twenty five thousand dollars in Lawyers for mc A felt this song infringed upon the copyright of the film What.
Speaker 4: Let It Shine? Wherever You Go?
Speaker 2: Wait a second, they sue.
Speaker 4: Him, so yeah, Rolling Stone they did.
Speaker 2: Wait, is ain't this dude wrote the song inspire inspired by E See And then they suited. What a dumb lawsuit.
Speaker 4: Turn on your heart light.
Speaker 2: Sorry you can't talk about her alien that way, but as stupid lawsuit, all right, shoutout puppet theater. Elliott's uterus is glowing. My mom out of uterus, I lived in it. And then Jad finally gets to be godfather, and.
Speaker 4: Then he gets the name. The baby's name is Jennifer Dylon and that was that was the best squeal ever in the history of squeals.
Speaker 2: So thrilled. He's so thrilled. And then, of course, as we mentioned at the top, this is just beautiful. And I cued up thirty seconds of the song because it's a beautiful song by Keene, which is a band that's disappeared and I just used to love, I still love.
Speaker 4: I woke along. It's my song is.
Speaker 6: Oh where have You Gone? Yeah, dude, you know why it's fired. It's fired because it was it.
Speaker 4: Dude. That band was so dope. They had so many dope songs.
Speaker 2: Man, if you don't know Keen, go back and listen to Keen. That band.
Speaker 4: You need more from you, Keen, Heen, let's get back together.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 4: I had a great time backstage with y'all.
Speaker 2: Keen. If your manager is listening, please get back together.
Speaker 4: Do you remember that time we hung out backstage with them at that and they freaking when they tore down the house with and if we have a man, and why don't we go?
Speaker 2: The lead singer had the sickest voice.
Speaker 4: And do you remember when they came and ate lunch at scrubs? Yeah, dude, they came to the whole band came to visit and sat down and we ate lunch with them, this British band, dude, And that's how and then me you Raiden. Bill was Bill with us when we went. I think he was. But we went to the freaking see them at that in New York.
Speaker 2: I told anyway, I love them and if anyone listening knows them, please tell them to get back together. They're so talented, but anyway, I digress that beautiful song that's titled a Bad Dream. If you want to listen to it, I'm only allowed to play a little bit. Is underscores Judy's beautiful Goodbye to Laverne that I always see people mentioning that's one of the most moving moments in Scrubs, Judy's goodbye to to Laverne. If anyone's ever lost someone and and and had to say goodbye, is is I have too many times? I It's just really so elegantly not and so beautifully acted and h and I just think Judy is such a gifted artist. Scrubs. Wicki mentioned that you can see a tear falling out of Aloma's eye. I remember that, which remember, which is just so beautiful because I mean, the actress Aloma Wright was so moved that she cried from from Judy's monologue.
Speaker 4: Dude, I remember.
Speaker 9: I remember watching it and seeing Aloma crying and being like, oh shit, because we were right there for when for one of the shots, we're right there, it's a continuous shot when she turns around, the three of us are standing there and Judy comes out and I hug her and everything like that. But I remember during in that take you could see the tear coming down Aloma's face.
Speaker 4: That was a very powerful moment. It was a really really not only was the scene acted, not only was the scene acted well, she she was very strategic on how she did it too. I don't know if Judy worked on it. I don't know what it was instinct. I don't know what it was. But to be able to start a scene and keep it on a joking side and trying to be funny the whole way through, and then getting to a moment where you can't be funny anymore because it hurts so much, and being able to convey that through camera is very, very difficult. It's a very very challenging exercise in any form of acting to do that. To be happy happy, I'm gonna project happiness, but really I'm hurting and then the tears come through, because, at least for an actor, at least for me, when I'm set on crying, I'm gonna fucking try and get to crying, you know what I mean. She didn't do that.
Speaker 2: She started off. She had to start the scene, you know, being in denial and trying to make some jokes and just really done and uh and beautifully directed by Victor Nelly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well done?
Speaker 2: What else do we want to say? I think we did the show. We don't have a guest today. Anything you want to add? Uh? Donald Faison, legendary member of the Screen Actors Guild.
Speaker 4: I like obi Wan and god you like obi Wan and it's not because you're my friend.
Speaker 2: Check out obi Wan. Check out episode three. It's masterfully done.
Speaker 4: I can't wait for an episode four. I'm not gonna lie either, and I'm very interested to see what happens next. Is there's something wait, no, don't and I'm me motherfucker. I'm talking about Star wars Man who tang Forever. I am so excited to see what happens next because there are things that they need to redo.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna go see Top Gun? It made a zillion dollars.
Speaker 4: My wife wants to see it so bad. You know, Donald, It's good? Well, okay, so let me ask you a question.
Speaker 2: It was good, very good. Can I speak?
Speaker 4: You've spoke the whole fucking show. Dude. Look, did you see Top Gun when you were a young person?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay? Is it fan service like Spider Man's a very fan service? Your moments.
Speaker 3: They definitely it makes many a callback there the camera loves Linger on the photo of Goose and Maverick, classmen classman hands, it's uh, you get the whole that opening montage on the ship deck where they're.
Speaker 2: Well, don't don't make Daniel delineate another spoiler.
Speaker 3: No spoilers here, but yes, there are lots of moments that reference the original.
Speaker 2: Carry Brothers Carrie Brothers, who is a very big movie fan and sees everything.
Speaker 4: Donald.
Speaker 2: We hung out with him on Memorial Day and he could not He was like, they're publicist. He could not stop talking about how mazed it was. He said, definitely, go seeing an imax if you if you have access to one. And here in l A he said, go to Man's Chinese It's it's like it's like a ride. He said, Oh my.
Speaker 4: God, I want to see it so bad? Is it for kids? Ken? Kids watch it? Oh? Yeah, because kids couldn't watch that first one. They was fucking in the first one.
Speaker 3: There is a very brief love scene, so brief.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, I can't take my kids, can't watch that.
Speaker 2: Hand there's no there's no even to.
Speaker 4: No because then because then sex is out of the question. In my house, because if they hear any type of any sound, they're gonna be.
Speaker 3: Like, literally, Jennifer the tackle kissing on a bed, he just falls backwards.
Speaker 2: Begin Gabrielle Union and I begin to make out and cheaper by the dozen. They couldn't.
Speaker 4: All that is is tackle kissing.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not tackle kissing. They can handle. They can handle tackle kissing.
Speaker 4: They can handle parents tackle kissing. And I can get away with when you kissing it I can't get away with. I can get away with if they were to walk into the room and we were doing something being like we're tackle kissing, we tackle kissing, I could get away with that. Probably when you kiss Casey, well, it would have to be it ain't is it not gonna be panicking Joe Joel? Would it not be panicked? It would be the ruining of their lives that then.
Speaker 2: You kiss Casey in front of them, do they go eww?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Absolutely, Oh my god. They can't take it. They can't take it if it happens on if it happens on screen. I don't think they've seen you kiss Gabrielle Union in cheap about a dozen. The minute you go in, they're like oh god, here it looked away. Yeah, they look away. Here goes that nasty shit again.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody, we love you, We appreciate you. Thank you so much for tuning in. We really love it that you listen. And and that's a beautiful, blessed day. Donald kind of out. We made about a bunch of dots and nurses and janitor who loved I.
Speaker 4: Said, here's the stories. Networsh no so gada around you.
Speaker 2: Here are