Speaker 1: It's awkward. It's it's awkward Tuesday phone call dating.
Speaker 2: There's certain things that are hard to be honest about with your partner. Like just the other day, I had to tell my partner not to pass the nacho cheese to my other partner, and my other partner was holding hands with the guy who had the ladele, So I ended up having to tell the whole room. I just wish I had done that to begin with, because by the end there was nacho cheese everywhere.
Speaker 3: I think, I just want to know more about why you're ladeling like nacho cheese.
Speaker 2: We we could spend a whole segment about that, but I digress. Those are my sticky relationship problems. I'm sure they're different for our listener, Austin, who says he's in a little bit of a sticky pickle with a woman that he's been dating. And Austin, my question for you is you know what's really good with a sticky pickle? Nacho cheese. I guess that wasn't so much of a question as it was a suggestion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but UH got and yeah did that help you at all?
Speaker 3: Austin, Uh, you can say no, it's Okay, you can just say no.
Speaker 2: How about we just get into the situation that you're in, Go ahead and tell us what's going on.
Speaker 4: So I've been dating it's a really great girl for like a month and a half now. Her name's Kelly. Yeah, and she's wonderful. I mean, she's super sweet, she's fun. Like I actually met her when we were volunteering together at a clothing drive.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 3: I mean that's always awesome when people meet a volunteer opportunity type of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean you know, we started stocking and it's a clothing drive, so like there's a vending machine and I bought her a son chips in a bottle of water and.
Speaker 2: Oh did they not have nacho cheese and that vending machine because that really could have gotten places.
Speaker 4: That would have been good. Yeah no, but we did joke. That was like the first deal I ever treated her.
Speaker 5: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 3: So you guys even have like a couple jokes already, you're like to that point in your relationship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we have been. I joke. You know, it's been going great, and I asked out. We've been hanging out, you know, taking its flow.
Speaker 5: Okay, so where's the bunt come in?
Speaker 4: Okay. Look, I really do see a future with Kelly. Okay, but there's a big thing that she doesn't know about me yet, and I need to tell her before we get any further. It's embarrassing, but I mean it's important to me, which is I've I've been saving myself for marriage.
Speaker 3: Well you just let it out there like that, Okay, Okay, I mean it can't be that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's kind of important to know.
Speaker 3: I mean it doesn't sound like you're that embarrassed by it, though, Like no, you called the radio station, and I mean it's.
Speaker 4: Not like I've not had opportunities. I mean I made it's a choice I've made for personal reasons, you know, And I don't know why. I just get the sense that with Kelly it might be a big deal. And you know we've been you know, like quote unquote romantic a few times, but we don't really go any further than that.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, how do you stop it? Or has there anything happened where you're like whoa whoa?
Speaker 5: Whoas? Like, how do you do that? I mean I'm actually kind of with control. Yeah I don't and why But anyway, Sorry, those are questions from our side.
Speaker 1: I just thought maybe she also.
Speaker 2: Has standards I also doesn't want it is a good question, though, if you guys are being passionate, like how how do you slow it down?
Speaker 4: Well, I just keep telling her that I want to take it slup. Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah. I mean I think most people, if you tell them that, they understand. But you know, I mean, it's only been a month and a half, Like, this is obviously at some point going to become an issue. I think, oh god, haven't.
Speaker 3: Already Seriously, Like my husband and I we didn't do it for like, I don't know, it felt like forever, maybe.
Speaker 5: Two months, three months or something like that went wrong. It was a long time, and all my friends were like, I don't think he's interested in girls, Brook. I think that's what the problem is. I'm like, no, I think I think he likes me.
Speaker 2: It'd be different though, if he had already told her, like, hey, this is what my situation is, right, But the fact that he hasn't told her will make her think, oh, maybe he's really not that into me.
Speaker 5: Right, or there's something wrong with me.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you have a good drive, do you think you guys can be compatible.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Yet once it happens, I'm going to be all about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going seventeen times a day once we start.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah. I just think that like having a lot of discipline and waiting, it shows that you're committed to like the soul of the person and not just in it for you know, like the pleasure.
Speaker 5: Well you think that, do you think? Well?
Speaker 3: I think both can happen at the same time. But that's just my opinion. It's fine that you feel that way. I mean, I think what matters is how Kelly's going to feel about that I'm not in a relationship with you.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm scared because this has been like a big problem for me in past relationships, Like as soon as I mentioned to the girl that I'm saving myself, they usually get kind of weird about it and the relationship and cerating it is a double standard.
Speaker 3: Like female virgins a lot more looked on with positivity than male versions.
Speaker 1: Very excepted to.
Speaker 5: A guy that was kind of like you but then we broke up.
Speaker 4: But sorry, that's very helpful, thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what are you looking for from us today?
Speaker 4: I mean, how do I tell her, you know, how do I do this in a way that it doesn't make me seem weird and make her want to leave because I this is the person who I potentially see myself with for the long term.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so hard, like because you're basically having like that marriage talk at the same time, and you're only a month and a half in, Like, that's scary.
Speaker 2: Plus I'm gonna sound so bad saying this, but I know a lot of people, including myself, that don't.
Speaker 1: Want to be someone's first.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. It's like you got I don't want to first.
Speaker 1: It would just be weird.
Speaker 5: So a lot of pressure.
Speaker 1: She does like you a lot.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should stop talking this way in front of because we're going to be asked with coming up with some advice for you. Here, we're going to play a song. We'll come back, and then we'll let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to Kelly to let her know that you've been saving yourself for marriage.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm getting let's get married tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We'll come up with better advice. We'll do it right after this. Hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 1: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: On this segment, I usually toss it over to my co hosts Brooke and Jose so that they can give advice. And I've been looking back wondering have I ever said anything helpful or I have ever been vulnerable with a listener in this segment.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I think that's why you started telling us because you didn't want to.
Speaker 5: We're going to go with no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I have.
Speaker 5: You have a hard time being vulnerable.
Speaker 2: And that's why, Austin, I need to confess today you're going to be my first. I was saving myself for the right listener to finally give them no, no, no, my advice.
Speaker 5: I feel like he's Jeffery.
Speaker 1: This is this is really hard for me to open up.
Speaker 6: Stop.
Speaker 2: But now that you know that you're going to be my first, how does it make you feel, Austin?
Speaker 4: I feel pretty special.
Speaker 1: Oay, she takes it. I feel really bonded with you.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: What's the advice, though, Well.
Speaker 2: Before I get to the advice, let's just fill all of our listeners in what's doing? Our friend Austin needs help to tell his month and a half long girlfriend that he's been saving himself for marriage. Could be something that he maybe should have brought up a little bit earlier, but he's in this situation now. And my advice, Austin is do it with a little bit of humor. Whenever you're having a hard conversation with somebody, it's usually easier if you can start it off with a joke. Get the mood a little bit lighter before you deliver something that might be a little heavier, awkward.
Speaker 5: Rodic what like, what kind of joke?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm not going to give you a joke to tell, but just try.
Speaker 1: And be lighten.
Speaker 5: Sex.
Speaker 1: I don't hate it. I don't hate it, Austin.
Speaker 4: That sounds good. No, No, I got an idea. I got an Okay, are you serious?
Speaker 1: You like him?
Speaker 5: Is that what we're going to go with? Is that the advice?
Speaker 1: I don't know, unless brook you have something better.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm fine with that. I didn't have any way for you to open the conversation. I was just going to tell you to try to leave off the marriage word as much as possible. I know that these things are already pretty tied together, but maybe if you could just say, like, I'm saving myself for the special person, and I'm hoping that's you.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you really don't have any good advice for him. Let's just move on to the thing. Yeah, Austin, how you feeling, man? You feel ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean, look, I've had this conversation before, but you know now I feel we have a plan. I have a plan.
Speaker 1: Okay. I don't want to make you feel bad, but there's a lot on the line.
Speaker 5: Good luck, good luck.
Speaker 2: No, we're not We're not going there. Yeah, zero on the line. Just be yourself, be cool, a little bit funny in the beginning. All right, here we go. I'm going to dial the number right now. Let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 1: Good luck?
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hey, honey, it's me.
Speaker 6: Hey. Hey, hey, Austin.
Speaker 4: Hey, how are you Hey? Hey, hey, how's it going good? Good? How's your day going?
Speaker 6: It's going good? Just at work? What about yourself?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 4: Same? You know, I've been a fipy day. But I'm glad I get to see you later.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, oh you know, I just I wanted to call today and just say I really like you and I think you're amazing and a really special woman, and I just say, like, I'm so glad that we met.
Speaker 6: Oh. Thanks, I think we have a really good thing on our right now.
Speaker 4: I agree, and I want to keep this good thing going cool.
Speaker 6: Is that the reason why you come?
Speaker 4: I mean yes, But in order for this good thing to keep going, I need to be honest with you about who I am.
Speaker 6: Who like you're not who you say you are.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm actually a wanted felon.
Speaker 6: Wait, excuse me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hould up a bank a few years ago.
Speaker 6: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Gotcha? I just mess you with you That was a joke. Oh my god? Oh no, no, okaya, I'm just like a regular normal love adding citizens. But there is something that I that I do want to confess to you.
Speaker 6: Okay, what you're superman or something?
Speaker 4: No, but I mean you could probably confuse me with the with a man of feel right right? But yeah, I mean the truth is, you know, I'm telling you this because I really do like you, Kelly, and I want to show you the real me, And the honest truth is I'm actually a virgin and I've been saying to myself for marriage.
Speaker 6: So is this another joke? Are you for over time?
Speaker 4: No? This is for real.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, wow.
Speaker 4: Probably. Look, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you early. I mean, it's just it's in my experience it's not always easy to bring rocks.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's cool. I just I do you realize?
Speaker 4: I just I don't know. I've just had a really hard time trying to figure this out, you know, like I had this whole game plan, but then this friend told me, like, I gotta be funny. So I was like, you know, not not. They don't affect me, you know what I mean. So I don't know, Kelly, I'm a normal.
Speaker 5: God was a joke.
Speaker 4: Joke.
Speaker 5: You saw that joke.
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Hey, Kelly, knock not guess who? It's the radio show Broke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Hi, Hi, I gotta say.
Speaker 5: You're handling this pretty well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you guys heard all of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we we helped Austin set up this phone call.
Speaker 5: Did we help someone?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Actually that was right, That was the wrong word.
Speaker 2: We're doing something called an Awkward Tuesday phone call, and that's where we help out our listeners who need to have an awkward conversation with someone, and the awkward conversation Austin needed to have with you was to let you know that he's saving himself for marriage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and look, I know it's not typical for a lot of guys, but it's something that I believe in and I just want to save myself or someone special. And that's why I've been taking it so slow with you, Kelly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to take the blame for the way that he delivered it because I was the one that told him he should include humor. I didn't realize it was going to be that type.
Speaker 1: Of humor.
Speaker 5: To God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should have vetted Austin's humor before we let him.
Speaker 1: Make the call. But advice, Yeah, actually, I will be done. This will be my last time ever giving advice.
Speaker 2: One we do vouch for Austin.
Speaker 1: He seems like a really good guy, Kelly.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, well you telling me. I know it's probably not the easiest thing to say to someone you're feeling.
Speaker 4: For, Kelly. Kelly, if it doesn't work for you, I totally understand. I just want you to find out. Now you have four things go any further with us?
Speaker 5: Well, how much further can they go? I'm not trying to be a jerk.
Speaker 3: Here, But I also understand Kelly, you're probably having a lot of different feelings right now about this.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Like there's a lot of stuff going through my body right now of feelings. And I respect that so much, and I think it's really cool you believe and something so deeply. Okay, but I could probably totally look.
Speaker 4: I mean, just so you know, I mean, it doesn't mean that we can't do other stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh, I know your type. Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 4: No, I mean to be clear, like we can do other things, like with each other or like you know, you can be with another woman, or like I can be with a guy, or we can figure it out. Waita wait, wait, wait wait.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, that's cool too, Austin. But that's a different conversation and not one that usually involves virginity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's advanced stuff.
Speaker 3: He just went from like elementary education to a doctorate degree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's there? Three dudes naked.
Speaker 5: Again? It's very cool, Austin. But are you saying that you want to open relationship with her?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What do you want to be with another guy?
Speaker 4: No? No, I'm just saying that doesn't break the rules. I just can't be with a woman. That's what the rule is.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, another guy happens.
Speaker 1: It's not a big deal. But you're not pursuing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm not pursuing that currently.
Speaker 3: You have a really limited vision of what virgin is. I think, like, so you are just talking male. The female is the only virginity that you're saving for marriage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm thinking myself for a woman. That's exactly right. I don't I don't want to be confusing about that.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Bill you everything else.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's like the freakiest version I've ever met, because I don't know if I see a badger.
Speaker 1: That doesn't break the.
Speaker 5: Rules, I see the rule book here.
Speaker 2: This isn't for us to decide. This is for the two of them, for Kelly and Austin to figure out. So maybe it's better if we just wrap up this call where it is before it gets any weirder.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true. Absolutely. I mean, Kelly, where are you at right now?
Speaker 6: I think I need a drink like a cod.
Speaker 5: Okay, I feel that's also fair. All of this is fair.
Speaker 3: These are big relationship talks that you're about to have.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you and Austin and a bunch of dudes can sit down to have a drink together and work it out. Too many
Speaker 5: You know, freaking Jeffrey in the morning,