Speaker 1: Than any other mainstream media outlet. Breakfast clubs.
Speaker 2: Don't don't take me, take.
Speaker 1: Breakup you. Then we'll come here when it DJ Envy and Charlamagne the guy being.
Speaker 2: Here next to all of you guys, it's really this.
Speaker 3: It's one of my favorite shows to do, just because you're always keeping one honey.
Speaker 1: Y'all keep your real But what better place than than here? I think everybody should go on the Breakfast Club and start.
Speaker 4: You don't want to.
Speaker 1: Shake it up?
Speaker 5: Right right?
Speaker 1: Ray yo, Charlomagne, Jaffy, what up are we list? This is your time to get it off your chest? I got an indoor pool, outdoor pool. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Get on the phone right now here.
Speaker 7: Tell you what is we live?
Speaker 8: Hello?
Speaker 9: Who's this come morning? It's Jill some hoboke and how are you going?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 10: If your chest mama Laarren Hill concert?
Speaker 11: Can we talk about it?
Speaker 9: It was horrible.
Speaker 5: Don't complain about that woman being late because y'all know what y'all signing up for. Y'all buy a more you'll take it?
Speaker 12: Was she late?
Speaker 9: Let me tell you I should have read the ticketmaster reviews because you know, when somebody gets a three star out of five, you should just know better.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, what happened?
Speaker 9: So doors were supposed to open at six thirty, getn't open till seven. Sound check went until about seven forty five. We didn't get to our seats until eight o'clock. We weren't allowed. Nobody showed up on stage till nine o'clock, and that was her DJ and then I left at ten o'clock because some of us have to work tomorrow, and she wasn't.
Speaker 5: Out by so you ain't even get to see it.
Speaker 13: Nope, y'all, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, So the doors open up are supposed to be at six thirty.
Speaker 4: It's ten o'clock. Is she still didn't get.
Speaker 9: On Yep, doors open at six thirty. No, doors were supposed to open at six thirty. She was supposed to be playing by seven thirty. We didn't get to our seats or were able to go to our seats till like a quarter to eight, and then nobody showed up till like nine o'clock.
Speaker 7: We DJ.
Speaker 9: She can show up on the stage.
Speaker 1: Lauryn Hill is Lauren Hill? At this point?
Speaker 5: How many years we've been hearing stories about Lauren Hill being late. So I don't know why y'all, but it's.
Speaker 4: Still got to be.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Like, we're not about to just keep saying this is Lauren Hill, so promoter.
Speaker 5: She starts saying the show start two hours later. Then it's apposed to who's au touring man?
Speaker 2: Like who's her team?
Speaker 1: Hell, I got that's that's hard.
Speaker 12: I feel.
Speaker 1: I feel sorry for your mama.
Speaker 5: Well, somebody call us and tell us what time she showed up. And by the way, she stops showing up on time. If y'all start to stop going to the shows, if y'all keep buying tickets of selling our shows, why should she show up on time?
Speaker 1: Is no incentive for two?
Speaker 9: All I gotta say is at least I'm happy I didn't pay those five hundred dollars for those tickets with people down on the floor. I paid my little seventy nine dollars and we'll call it a day. I spent money on worse.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 1: I know that's right. That's a good way too. You have a great dad worth today.
Speaker 4: Go with mama.
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 4: Day tying up? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 12: Hey, Charlotte Mayne.
Speaker 7: Uh that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 7: I'm doing good. Hey, Charlotte, Man, I wanted to talk to you about the sanitation workers blocking.
Speaker 12: Up the rule.
Speaker 5: Man, what's your problem?
Speaker 7: Well, we do it for a reason, you know, like people be getting mad at us and stuff. But we do it because, you know, we got the hoppers on the back sometimes and people when they driving, they don't really care about us and they would be speeding around you.
Speaker 12: So we gotta block that rule to make.
Speaker 1: Sure you protect yourselves. You're saying, yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, we got that.
Speaker 7: We protect ourselves and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: But the man sitting on the back of the truck, I know not to hit the person. You can't just block the road.
Speaker 7: Not not everybody to see that. Man, the beds be hopping across the streets and stuff like that, and people just be speeding past like like it's like they're crazy.
Speaker 1: Man, n.
Speaker 7: I can I can shot myself all right quick? Man, Uh, you you better call on tyrone or Instagram. I wonder the fun I'm one of the funniest people on Instagram in Louise Alas all that.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get off that guar, He's gonna make it in that comy.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you some jokes.
Speaker 13: Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one o five one.
Speaker 4: If you need to Ben Jess Hilaris his head's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: Good morning the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Hello.
Speaker 6: Who's this Jay?
Speaker 3: Every good morning?
Speaker 6: Good morning? Good morning? Listen DJ. Can't canny man, I'm so excited. Man, I'm so happy.
Speaker 7: Man, If what's up?
Speaker 8: I need?
Speaker 3: I need to start a DJ union out here.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm getting back to work. I've been out of work for DJ and for like five months. They they got me off the CS and then they went through every DJ they could. City Ain't finally called me back and say you.
Speaker 6: Know what what you want?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 6: What you want?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 3: So I'm getting back to work this Saturday. I see everybody offer with rad Ethens.
Speaker 6: I'm going in there, man.
Speaker 3: I mean, good gosh, man, just respect the DJs out here.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 6: We gotta price man, give it to us.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: We ain't gonna do that.
Speaker 4: But turn up eve before you can't can't you from the DMV A man.
Speaker 12: Right, yeah, DC, baby DC. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I would love a union.
Speaker 13: I mean that would be something I would hope like a grand Master Flash could start or something where DJ's you know, pay a fee and get some insurance and all that. I mean, I would love that, absolutely possible.
Speaker 3: All back, you get you get, get them guys together, man to do something back because we got we got up to stay out here.
Speaker 6: We gotta voice out here too.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: They treat this bathroom times, but you can't even get a water at.
Speaker 6: Some of these floods.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 6: I yeah, man, appreciate y'all.
Speaker 3: Though, Man, hey, figure Rod that's her name, can figure out your man. She is gorgeous man, y'all follow her on Instagram.
Speaker 1: She is you.
Speaker 3: I don't know she got a dude or that, man, but she is gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: I'm about to lood. I'm a nurthy impact.
Speaker 1: All right, all again?
Speaker 8: Hello?
Speaker 4: What what?
Speaker 17: What?
Speaker 1: What's your name? Brother?
Speaker 18: This Sean?
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Sean?
Speaker 8: Get off your chest?
Speaker 6: Oh man, listen, Uncle Charlotte's there.
Speaker 5: I'm right here, King King listen.
Speaker 6: I need you to get with try Reese. I needed to give me with his lawyers for home deeple man. They just stole my money, man, you listen. Older snow blow off off off the internet. They delivered it to my house. They sent me a picture that was delivered it to my house. But when I got home, the snow girl wasn't there. They just stole much six dollars, Uncle Charlock.
Speaker 2: That sounds like some of your neighborhood.
Speaker 1: That's all I have.
Speaker 4: Neighbor took that one, bro.
Speaker 5: It's like home man.
Speaker 6: Listen, man, I went through all the rigged morod to try to get the money back filled. The police report did it to steal my fing they contacted. They did nobody shanking my money.
Speaker 5: So so the snowblow actually came to your house.
Speaker 6: It was a picture that was at my house.
Speaker 5: Yet, yeah, that ain't the home deep on fault, bros.
Speaker 4: Somebody else for it might be the delivery people. It might be a neighbor. It might be somebody driving by seeing that box.
Speaker 6: Yeah might out of money.
Speaker 5: He is out of goddamn money. But guess what when you see that person blowing that snow this winter, when you see somebody.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: Okay, sorry, brother, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Body is dj.
Speaker 13: MV Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a legend and icon.
Speaker 1: In the building. I gotta spill it out. M ME T H O G.
Speaker 5: They stand in interviews, it's all, yeah, you know what I'm saying this.
Speaker 8: When do they be hearing interviews?
Speaker 13: Charla Man, We were having a conversation before you walked in. Yes, sir, we were talking about, you know, our annuals on to the doctor and this, that and the other. So I was telling you know, we were talking about colonoscopy, got one, and the ladies in the room was like, yeah, they put you out, And I'm like, it was one of the best sleeps ever.
Speaker 5: Right, it's the same thing they give Michael Jackson. They tell you that before they do it. That's exactly what they said.
Speaker 13: I didn't want to say their name is but Chut the tray Watt, but that said they put you to sleep. They never put me to sleep.
Speaker 8: Right, impossible, right, because I did not know what the subject.
Speaker 4: He never got a colonoscopy, He got a prostate exam.
Speaker 5: Got you got you got ja. Yeah, I don't think I've had a profittet exam. You have a prostetic exam.
Speaker 8: I had to coolon.
Speaker 19: You have black man, we're most acceptable to prostate cancer. So, I mean, I got minds checked first the first time. At forty four, you supposed a way to your fifty forty five to fifty.
Speaker 4: No, it's forty five to get a coolonoscopy. You gotta got colonoscopy.
Speaker 8: No, it was fifty or fifty.
Speaker 5: They just changed it the forty five.
Speaker 4: You gotta get a kolonoscopy.
Speaker 1: That's why they shocked the tube up your butt, all.
Speaker 4: Right, and they look around for any polyps.
Speaker 19: So for the uninformed, it's basically to make sure you don't have cancer's tumor that's outside because if.
Speaker 13: They catch it early, it can save you. You know, you don't have to go for another ten years. So they know that you're free of cancer for ten years.
Speaker 8: Say if you don't, what are the symptoms?
Speaker 5: He might not have a symptom, but I mean the people that I've known that have lost their lives to it, rest in peace. My man combat Jack. He by the time he went he stayed four. But he did say he thought that his stomach was getting bigger. But he said he thought it was because he was drinking and he wasn't eating.
Speaker 12: Just bloated.
Speaker 13: It could be blood and your stool could be a bunch of different things. Sorry to talk about it today, but we got to make sure you go to doc.
Speaker 19: Absolutely absolutely absolutely, But you get blood, you're stool from straightening.
Speaker 12: To ar right, correct.
Speaker 1: I've never got blood in my still.
Speaker 5: To be I haven't personally, I don't know, but I can't believe we having a conversation with Metho about health when he is absolutely positively probably.
Speaker 8: Personally in hip hop. Now I'm informed about getting a colonoscar. I have to I'm not going to look into it. I have to get it done absolutely all right.
Speaker 19: Well that's something I have to.
Speaker 5: Do once you get so heavy in the workout games. I've been watching you for years, but like, what made.
Speaker 7: You do it it?
Speaker 8: When it's been about ten to eleven years now, I don't know. It was more or less.
Speaker 19: It started with insomnia for me, and I had a membership, but I've never even really used it. I would go sporadically here and there on and off like a lot of people do. But something just clicked to me and said, you know what, let's go go see what's up with the gym. It was about four in the morning. I was having all listeners here and it was open, so I started going. I had already had like my own program that I was following that my train Nad gave me previously.
Speaker 8: So you know, one three days.
Speaker 19: Started turning into four days, and four days turned into a month, and months turned into you know, years, And my journey's been pretty good, man.
Speaker 8: I had some good people around me helping me along the way as well.
Speaker 1: Did you slow down smoking at all?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I wondered that by by today, because you were always the o g Weed guy and you know, like you Snoop Bread.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean, I mean that's a that's a nice little lane to be in and stuff.
Speaker 19: But I always said I had so much more to offer and I would hate to be just identified as just the weak. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I mean I think I've done a pretty decent job of that.
Speaker 5: I don't understand absolutely that it's interesting because they got the BT's greatest.
Speaker 8: Rap crews of all right, Right.
Speaker 5: I'm not disrespecting death Row and everything that they represent. I just don't know how it came down to Woo and death Row.
Speaker 6: To me.
Speaker 4: For me, it's the greatest, But Defro is not a rap group to me. They're not around the crew.
Speaker 19: They're labeled, and I think that's what they judged a lot of it based on as well. I mean, you got to really think about it. Those are groups, you know, Death Row, but it was groups within groups, especially with a Wu Tang clan, especially with the way we came in the game as a group with the option to sign as solo artists. So yeah, it kind of makes sense. And I'm just humbled and honored in the same breath because you know, Death Row they were what three years before we even dropped, about three years before we even dropped, and we had heard nothing like that before from the West Coast. I mean, I was a big n WA fan, you know. But other than that, everything else kind of slipped through the cracks. Even mc Hamma, you know, for a minute, he even slipped through the crash because we didn't really gravitate to Hammer like that.
Speaker 8: He even knew it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 19: It was more or less like you ain't hitting in him and you ain't hitting in New York Hammer, I'm gonna turn his mother out, And he turned his mother out.
Speaker 8: He did exactly that.
Speaker 19: But I mean to be up against those guys, it's honor because, like I said, they put it down like whoo.
Speaker 8: I had never heard.
Speaker 19: Anything like Snoop or corrupt Dad's rage, any of them. Really, you know that what was it stranded on death row was the record. That was the first thing that I heard from them, And I was like, oh no, this degrade from n WA.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Now did you develop that relationship because you had that relationship with him because you was on mine made up with Pop?
Speaker 19: Yeah, that was weird because it was because I had a relationship with Snoop and dog Poun. I mean I had Snoop in my in my fore Runner uptown.
Speaker 12: Wow, you know what I mean.
Speaker 19: We went to the game, and I swear on anything I love each time I ever went there the drag Wood, I put my money through the slot and give me the weed and I bring Snoop. He opened the door. I'm that serious as snooking bows for this. Let us end that baby's running around it. I've never been in this gate before, Like, oh, so.
Speaker 20: This is what It's like, well year was this this doggy star? Yeah yeah, Donkey style snoop and another week Wow, and the snoop was in the hood in Harlem. Yeah, no, security dog Pound was with us too. Beef what's so called? Yeah, yeah, well it wasn't really no, we know those are informed.
Speaker 12: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 8: But the funny wasn't we get back in the car corrupt? Look at this was like, yo, good, this god.
Speaker 21: Sticks his seeds. He ain't knowing about that choco. They ain't know about that chocolate? Is it probably was the whack weed down that I think about it.
Speaker 4: You know, we'll be back with more method mans, so don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club on BT, the Breakfast Club Mourning.
Speaker 4: Everybody is DJ NV Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 13: We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Method Man. Was going to ask you, do you ever get to that?
Speaker 4: I call it the old phase, like everything is good and it it's.
Speaker 8: Like oh yeah yeah a lot of times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like you would would have saved more money than most because you've never presented that lifestyle. Never was flashy, never the jewelry.
Speaker 4: No, he had a catalog that could always I.
Speaker 8: Could always get a show, right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 19: It's just the fact of one to get up and go do it, and motivation when you feel unmotivated, and depression things of that nature. Plus you're not feeling as worthy as you were as you felt back in the past, where it wears on you, takes a toll on you. Then you become recluse. You don't want to be bothered with anybody. But the bills still come. You still got to go out, so you do just enough to get by. Certain things catch up. I had a tax a tax thing going.
Speaker 12: On as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're dope, pretty number.
Speaker 19: No, not not even not like some of these people.
Speaker 3: Know.
Speaker 19: Like I said, I always lived a modest lifestyle. Still to this day, I live a lot of modest lifestyle. So I mean, I can't it's hard for me to describe because I'm still in that space where it's why do I got to get my money?
Speaker 8: You ain't gotta get it, you know? But I know, yeah, and I don't know. Man, Yeah, that's that's good.
Speaker 5: When did you realize?
Speaker 8: When did you say to yourself, Yo, it's me, I'm I'm miserable. I knew that back then yeah, I knew it. I just didn't want to accept it.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: And you still make you miserable.
Speaker 4: You had it seemed like you had everything. You had success, you had, the money, you had, the life. It seems like you had everything.
Speaker 19: I didn't respect. I didn't respect anything. And with that had said, I didn't think anybody respected me. So I just wanted to go away and work on some things. And like I said, it worked out for me.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 19: I'm not suggesting everybody do what I did, or everybody can do what I did, because honestly, I can fall back on a group that's iconic at any point in time, so there's always going to be a bag there for me. But the point is it's satisfying enough for me.
Speaker 12: To want to go back.
Speaker 19: What could I do that advance myself?
Speaker 8: Nothing. I'm doing a pretty good job of it.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 19: I'm happy and I think it's resonating and people see it, you know, calling me Zaddy at fifty two years old, what is that.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing, man, that's a good thing.
Speaker 5: She said, She said, said, Yo, yeah, they call me fine a firl.
Speaker 1: Air force.
Speaker 4: So what got you into the into the movie and acting? And when you do have to get into it.
Speaker 13: But do you feel a way when you have to audition because you are such a celebrity stall people know who you are.
Speaker 8: No, there's never an ego. That's one thing I never had.
Speaker 12: It was the egos.
Speaker 19: I don't like auditions. I don't know anybody that really doesn't. But you I appreciate them. It's this, I mean, I would suggest that anybody. That's because I get people in the music game all day. I ain't getting act I would tell them all the same thing. Do the work, take the classes, read the books, because when you step on that set, your next look got to be your best look or they will not call your ass back. And when those people break bread in Hollywood, they.
Speaker 8: Break bread, please believe it.
Speaker 19: Yes, sir, me man, Mike, Like I said, one day at a time, and I'm just gonna ride it to the wheels fall off.
Speaker 1: What's been your favorite role right now? To Davis?
Speaker 19: Roll with Davids because nobody's seen it coming, nobody expected that, you know. And sometimes sometimes I look at the dialogue or we get the scripts and I'll look in at the papers, go right to my point and I look and it's life a lot of dialogue here, a lot of jargon, but I credit the writers for, you know, giving us something that fits the palette enough that we can digest it and make sense of it every time.
Speaker 5: So my favorite, my favorite meetings when they do your high character and they'd be like, yeah, that was pretty yeah, yeah he got to his David.
Speaker 8: That was fairly new, right there.
Speaker 19: I like the one I never miss I liked that one because I never missed.
Speaker 8: Why the hell did they replace Redman with.
Speaker 5: Yes, he wouldn't get the jet Oh wow wow, oh yeah, at least that's what I heard.
Speaker 8: You know, Did I talk to Redman about it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 12: We close close.
Speaker 19: We don't like like that don't even need to be said, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: But it happens.
Speaker 19: He's not the first or the last person that that'll probably happened to. He made a decision, and I stick by whatever his decision was. If he feels that was best for him, I agree with him.
Speaker 5: Got you you know what, I love Man, And I don't know how you feel about this. I feel like there's no group in hip hop documenting their story and history better than Wu Tang. And what I mean by that is y'all got the television series. Yeah, y'all got books, y'all had the documentary on showtime. Do you feel like the story being told?
Speaker 19: Probably that's Rizzi. I mean it's from his his perspective, so it's being properly told through his lens.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 19: Of course, we all have our own interpretation of how it should be or how it should go. But what you have is what you got, and I'm a stick by him.
Speaker 1: I always wonder what the conversations are like between you.
Speaker 8: And Mary, or saying, man, me and Mary be laughing. Mary's funny as hell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wouldn't know it though, do y'all reminiscity. I'll live in it now, like because y'all got it both both both. Mary cool as hell is. You know, she's queen. She demands respect and she gonna get it and she deserves it.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I do wonder about the on that people have when they make a hair record, though, what you mean, because y'all are like, y'all like kind of married for life. Mary made me feel comfortable first when I first met him. I met at Puffy's birthday party.
Speaker 19: I think it was Roadland when that Roadland rose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she came up to me like bringing the paint was.
Speaker 19: Like wow, Mary, and I had to tell her that love No Limit was my when I started singing it to a little bit, but yeah, it was dope.
Speaker 12: It was dope.
Speaker 19: Next thing I know, he was in the studio recording off Puffy shout out to puff Daddy Diddy. Man did he love that dude?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 8: People don't what they do? They do?
Speaker 19: They give him a spops they have to. It's like puff puff that puffing around a long time man. And I respect that dude, and I want I love you, bro. Y'all'm a fan, life long fan. You really are superhero to me. I get around, get around, and tang. I feel like a kid, like yeah, damn, y'all, don't get a third seat in this sun.
Speaker 8: Need a job. I'm just asking. He's funniest.
Speaker 12: Funny.
Speaker 1: Why are you bringing with you.
Speaker 8: Him in the movie Watch My grand Baby?
Speaker 22: Okay, all right, it's the Breakfast Club. It's method man, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 12: Morning.
Speaker 1: The guy we are the Breakfast Club, Jess hilarious. Is he a my co host?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 13: Now if you just joined us, we're talking about some of the worst jobs we've ever had or the worst jobs you've ever had?
Speaker 4: Now, did you work at a mall?
Speaker 1: She lied, and I went in there, and I went in there.
Speaker 10: I did, going all right, whatever, Look, so I went to college for mortuary science. And when it came time to do like the clinicals or whatever, we had to go in and we had to do the perform like the embalming, and I got scared.
Speaker 12: So that was it.
Speaker 10: That was my last day. That was my first and last time in the morgue. So no, I never was employed by More. I did tell Charlomage I worked there for some time, but I was trying to see you.
Speaker 5: Know, you ain't telling me. You told the world.
Speaker 8: I saw you when an interview or something.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, that's cool as hell, just used to working the MORE trade only to come to find out your line.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but that's that was then interview that I ain't think it was gonna make it no way because you have some small time And I was like, damn, yeah.
Speaker 4: No, charlamaone.
Speaker 1: You worked to Tacoboll for like a week and and your sister fired you, right, yeah.
Speaker 8: Must fire me.
Speaker 5: After like seven days I worked at uh wow, that's crazy. I don't think there's any such thing as the worst job. I think any honest living anything that you know is putting food on your table, putting some money in your pocket is cool. It made a job you don't like. It's plenty of jobs you don't like, But there's no such thing as the worst job. Because those worst, those jobs we call in the worst, and some people out there that would cut the toe off to get.
Speaker 1: But that don't mean that.
Speaker 2: It's not a worst job just because some people would cut their toe off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, yeah, I didn't like it. I hated working I talk about it's like I hated working at that factory. It was like I hated working at the flower guard. In most corners of line.
Speaker 10: I hated all of that, like factory workers, like they got a sweat all day for pennies.
Speaker 5: They make me sit outside. Every single one of those jobs. All of those supervisors told me that I didn't belong there, every single one.
Speaker 1: I never forget.
Speaker 12: Gail.
Speaker 5: Her name was Gail Cobb. It was an industrial little things company. She said, we are moving in another direction. You just don't fit in here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had the other face that was oh my god, young struggle face.
Speaker 4: I wasn't Mom wasn't too bad. Like I said, I did tell TheMark.
Speaker 13: If I remember my wife, she's sold mattresses and she had to go to in the projects and sell mattress in the project.
Speaker 1: So she would have to go from the door to It was crazy. It was definitely crazy. Who was buying mattresses. You can find a mattress in the pod.
Speaker 5: And number of box brings, and she was telling box brings in the project.
Speaker 1: Said she would go into.
Speaker 13: Projects and me or her mother would wait out downstairs. That's why we made money back then.
Speaker 1: Mattres no regular mattress.
Speaker 10: You used to make her go hustle mattress said, he waited in the car, and that's how I made him.
Speaker 1: Was like a protection. You're a liar.
Speaker 13: Her mom would take her. I would take an ass protection because she would go in the hood. She woul knock on the doors. Hey I got a mattress from whatever mattress company. It is definitely shut up. Oh it was.
Speaker 2: Like a legit company.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was.
Speaker 10: I would never date no man that would be like, I'm gonna drop you off in the hood so you can go sell your mattresses.
Speaker 2: I'll be back to get you with your car.
Speaker 5: What you could sell mattress, it was like seventeen years old. Then you made her suffer for ten years on one a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't, I can't, I can't bank the calls.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, he crazy. Should fight him, right, you gotta read it. You've been in the book. He said that he didn't make he didn't make his wife all gather him for ten.
Speaker 4: Years from that in his book. That's a book.
Speaker 8: Yes, you put that in this book.
Speaker 1: Hold on, you're not looking at me like a man. I read this story minute.
Speaker 13: So when we were first going together, I was sixteen, she was fifty. When we first started having sex, I didn't know what I was doing. I used to watch pulling and think bank bank, bank, bank bank.
Speaker 4: It didn't work.
Speaker 13: Ten years later, my mouth game was good, okay, just my in game wasn't good. And one time we got into an argument and he keeps bringing it up, just traumatizing me.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Denise, I'm sorry, what's going on over there?
Speaker 13: Charlemagne bothered me and bugging me and and traumatizing me, bringing me back to old stuff.
Speaker 5: He wrote it in a book.
Speaker 6: What's the ya?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 4: What is the worst job that you had, Mama.
Speaker 17: Well, first off, I'm gonna say, y'all, y'all, whole music suck ya.
Speaker 11: The worst job I had.
Speaker 8: Whole music.
Speaker 11: On the worst job I had, y'all, I was settling nine.
Speaker 9: I was trying to do the door selling nine.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, you two girl. Yes, that that pyramid scheme company class girl. Yeah, you were sitting in the class.
Speaker 2: They really got you thinking that you're gonna be the best knife seller in the wood.
Speaker 17: I thought, I, if you felt it's not that custom penny, you will win the thousand dollars in your next phous. With me being nineteen, I'm like, oh my god, I'm not to be rich by the time I was twenty young.
Speaker 11: Yes, to find out they were definitely And then I heard they were trafficking girls.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I'm not surprised, but yeah, yeah, I don't think there's no knife shopping shopping enough to cut a penny.
Speaker 10: I don't know, but that's what they used to sell us, like they used to them lord, you know them little pyramids games like you know, massive phoebe doing them. They they you know he had, Oh no, that's a seminar. My bad it's still scam scamps. So but you know they used to the knife cutting classes and they make you feel like you can go out there and sell them and be rich. And they used to get all the little young girls. Oh my god, they what suffigant people then, because it makes perfect son.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because they get the younger of everybody.
Speaker 2: It was a whole bunch of young We were all young, like in our teens.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 11: Good morning?
Speaker 7: Girl?
Speaker 11: Extasy.
Speaker 4: What was the worst job you had, mama?
Speaker 1: She was a scripper ecstasy.
Speaker 11: Oh gosh, my worst job was broken terminating company. And uh when the guys came back with a tank and from the leg bugs escaped and I got attacked and I'm allergic to fight off the heart.
Speaker 5: D you got bit by a snake?
Speaker 1: No bed bugs?
Speaker 12: Bed bugs?
Speaker 7: Bed bugs?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, damn. So you were an exterminator allergic to bed bugs.
Speaker 11: No, I was working in the company. I was a felt person, but you know, I was dispatcher also one of the news guys with the tanking. The bed bugs escaped, he got he got fired, but I got attacked. I was allergic in the hospital.
Speaker 2: Vinne girl, Oh so shripping wasn't our worst job. You did use the script door right man too.
Speaker 6: No, I did not use the strip.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 4: Listen from Jersey. What's the worst job you got?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 11: I used to work for a medical answer and service where we answered to like Starctor's offices, lawyer's officers, colligious centers.
Speaker 7: It wasn't the.
Speaker 9: Yanking.
Speaker 11: I had a manager who was a little bit unbalanced and would literally come to work with different personalities.
Speaker 5: M I like a little unbalanced, A little one balanced me like schizophrenic, Yeah, like bipolar.
Speaker 11: I wouldn't say if you ever seen in the United States of tower like Shorty literally had different personalities. She would come in different names, she had different habits, different voice and everything. Like she used to come as a different person every other day.
Speaker 5: Maybe she was a shape shifter and you didn't appreciate her.
Speaker 11: Listen, I would be an unappreciating shake shifting person, then, not as my boss.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: This is Dominique, Hey, Dominique. We're talking about some some horrible jobs you've had.
Speaker 18: I had one work job. I worked for a closet like builder.
Speaker 11: Company, like organizations company.
Speaker 18: I can't say the name, but I was tired while I was eight months pregnant.
Speaker 4: You'll find eight months pregnant, so you sue them.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 18: And if I want to say something about what you guys talking about earlier about like baby.
Speaker 5: Daddy brother baby daddy brothers, Yelarr's got one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 18: I love the conversation. But I am a product of that.
Speaker 6: My mom and dad have not been.
Speaker 18: For about thirty years. I'm thirty five, and they are.
Speaker 11: They talk every day.
Speaker 18: They're like they're there's a very like lock tight like but that's the wife and everything. My mom, my dad and the wife. They traveled together, not in the same hotel, but they they're cool to ye and.
Speaker 2: See this is first of all, grow up.
Speaker 10: You know this is amazing because it's it's interesting to hear from the child's point of view.
Speaker 2: You will be my son one day, that this will be my son one day.
Speaker 17: It hadn't always been like that, right, the same older.
Speaker 7: Baby like yeah, really good, Thank you for that.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Mama Dominic, You're a welcome and shout.
Speaker 18: Out Charla man I just left my corner line. I live in Charleston.
Speaker 5: You already know eight four three week out here what's happening?
Speaker 4: Thank thank you, mama. What's the more of the story, if there is to morrow?
Speaker 8: I forgot what was even talking about?
Speaker 12: Job.
Speaker 2: They keep going back to me because they want me to be the third host.
Speaker 1: But go ahead, okay, big Jo.
Speaker 2: That's why they keep going make to me. So yeah, that that is that. That's the moral of the story. You can be your baby for brother, well sister.
Speaker 1: That's the more, like y'all know, that's tomorrow.
Speaker 13: I thought you're gonna say something like respective job, you know, to take you to.
Speaker 2: Something job that was on jobs?
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, so it's two more. The other more is you can you can succeed with eight nine to five.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're just winging it.
Speaker 5: I told you.
Speaker 8: We had a long night last night.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, all right, we was out. It's good, that is true.
Speaker 5: I don't feel like any such thing as a worst job. It may be a job you don't like, right, but it's not the worst job. Honest living is an honest living.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 5: Worst job I ever really had, truthfully, was selling crack. That was the worst job because you got.
Speaker 3: On it.
Speaker 12: Selling it.
Speaker 2: It's like dang, I done got on it.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 1: My eyes look like this.
Speaker 10: Now I got a strict face, and now I gotta go to Maryland to see the dumbs House.
Speaker 5: Slewt, the Doctor, Natasha, Sandy Baby.
Speaker 1: Boom, I'm coming baby next.
Speaker 4: The Breakfast Club, Border the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: It is.
Speaker 6: J n V.
Speaker 4: Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: We got a special guest in the building, Leslie, Leslie, Joe's ladies and gentlemen welcome.
Speaker 1: Good morning, hair, hair, hair, How.
Speaker 8: Are you feeling?
Speaker 1: I'm good. I was looking for Jazz. You know she's she got shows in de trait this will. I thought she's gonna be here so I can key kid, that's my girl. Are you kidding me? Yes? And she is so funny. I gotta say that she's one of my favorite people on Instagram. I love her. She always make me laugh so funny.
Speaker 5: What kind of jewels do you give the young female stand ups like Jess?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, Jess, she don't need nothing. She gets it like this is the one thing I love about Jess though, is that she's confident enough to be like very sexy and still do coming. See when I was coming up, it was just the rule, just you know, Okay, I'll put it like this. Women comedians have to go through a certain thing. Like if I dress sexy and walk on stage for five minutes, I'm not gonna be hurt because when I walk on stage, the first thing is you're gonna get the women going, does she thinks she's cute? And then they gonna look at the man and be like ooh does he think? Does he want to her? And then you got to meet So that's five minutes of going to like all that happens. So I used to just do the T shirt jeans, tenis you so you can pay attention to me. But the thing I like about her is that she don't give a like She's gonna go up there and she gonna do her fun and she's gonna do her And I like that. What I always give young women is to you don't have to prove that you're a woman, like Jess does go on stage and do it, but like you, she doesn't have to prove she's a woman. Like a lot of female comics write like period jokes or disc jokes. If you can make them funny, that's different. Just be yourself, you know, yeah, yeah, that's what I would just like, always keep writing don't stay on the same thing. You should refresh your set a lot. You should always be writing new jokes and and anything that you think is funny. It's definitely something you should go on stage and try.
Speaker 5: What advice would you give her about having a permanent gig on top of the stand up, like you know, just say a daily show or a daily radio show, like you.
Speaker 1: Mean, like this show should be here for now that one. Yeah, I would say to keep doing what she's doing because see, to me, Jess is gonna bring you numbers. Jess is gonna bring you a whole different and no on y'all, but y'all all men, y'all, and y'all don't know about bitches. Trust me, I'll listen to you. You don't know nothing about nothing, not a thing right, And and to me, when Jess is on here, she really be like, you know, doing her thing. You know, I really like her responses. She's not scared of y'all. So I would tell her to continue because she one thing I like about her. I bet you she gets the numbers because she continuously put that context out. I bet you she gets the numbers. That's somebody y'all need on here. She's a coaching shifting. Yeah, you really do. You really do need to like and bring some youth to this room. I'm not like again, I'm not insulting you.
Speaker 8: Yes you are, but I'm not insulting.
Speaker 4: You're not lying.
Speaker 1: But bring some of that because this is this is the Breakfast Club. Y'all been here for a while and you should be here for some more time. But the only way to do that is to continue to roll with the change, you know what I'm saying. And y'all need bit here.
Speaker 4: That's the first time you've been up there.
Speaker 1: This first time, yeah, because I was like here and she went to, I come take this money because y'all sitting in here with thrownes off.
Speaker 8: You're not gonna have time. You're gonna be doing the Daily Show.
Speaker 1: Oh you think so? Thank you?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 1: First of all, I have to say thank you so much for coming on there. That was one of the best segments I've ever done. I still get people ask me about it. I love that you came on there and was very vulnerable, and it's just wonderful. You made me a fan of you that day, very much real.
Speaker 5: I actually heard you talking about it afterwards on your podcast too, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it was really awesome. Me and Lenny was just like he was so great, like he's just really good. And a lot of people asked me about that. It was like yeah, and I was like, yeah, man, that what he said was true, Like you said some.
Speaker 13: Really good than beginning from Leslie Jones. If you don't know how did you get into comedy? What what made to say that this is what I want to do as a kid or.
Speaker 1: I never thought I was a comedian. I never thought I was a comedian until someone entered me into a contest. I just thought I was silly. It was getting invited to a lot of stuff and just didn't understand why. And people like to hang out with me. And one day my friend was like, yo, it's because you are stupid, like you're really funny. And then when she signed me up. She signed me up for a contest at college. It was the funniest person on campus. And it's then Colorado State and I was on scholarship in basketball there and she came and told me, she was like, yoh, I signed you up for this contest. And I got mad, but I wasn't really mad because I was like, oh, well, let's try it. As soon as I touched the mics, I can't I tell everybody they think I'm lying. But it was literally like I saw like It's like had been doing it forever. It's like I saw myself like there was nothing, there is no option of me doing anything else. It was just like a light that went on in a line that went straight.
Speaker 13: And how did you start preparing after that? So now you want to do comedy? Right, But it's like anything else people. You know, most people that go on stage, you think they could do comedy, and then they fail because they don't know sets, they don't know times, they don't know delivery.
Speaker 4: You start studying it and said this is what I want to do it, And who did you study?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: First of all, what I realized is that I was already studying like my dad had every comedy because it was DJ So I was already into Pigfoot and Millie Jackson and you know Mom's may. I already knew about all that stuff. I had already had the knowledge of it. As far as like knowing what I was supposed to do on stage, I still was in that mode of like, well, I want to be like Eddie Murphy. I want to be like what we go work. I want to I want to be like Richard Pryor. But what I didn't understand is that they are who they are. That's the reason they do the comedy that they're doing. I'm gonna have to find out who I am. I learned that from Jamie. So you know, when I saw Jamie fox ye so cause he was I think it was the second time or maybe third time I performed, and I'm like, but when he came on stage, it was like, holy shit, he performs just like what your probably they're like, this is crazy. So it made me go, Okay, what is what is this formula?
Speaker 7: What is this?
Speaker 1: And then when I talked to him, he was just like, you're young. You don't really have nothing to talk about. Go out and live, Go out and discover life, get fired, get hired, get your heart broke, break some hearts. Just go through life so you can start to have something to talk about. Because right now you're trying to do jokes and you're not mature enough to do the jokes that you're doing, and you're not funny enough to do the jokes that you're doing, and you don't have to talk about. So you know, that's what I did. I went out and lived. I went out and lived, and he was right because by the time I came back I had to talk about I tell you like this. I had been doing comedy for three years and I thought I was just because I was. I was killing that monk. And I went up to Jans and Brown. I was like, yeah, Jay, when I'm gonna start seeing the fruitsive labor, like when I'm gonna blow up? He was like ten years. I remember bus. I went home and cried because I was like ten because this is the thing. It wasn't that I said in my head. Kno, Kim, you know, because I was in that type of comic. I was a very much like when I started comedy, I prayed to God. I said, listen, I want to be a good comic. If I'm not gonna be a good comic, just let me be a promoter or something, because I don't want to do comedy wrong. So when he said the ten years, it was not me going, ah, nah, that's you saying and then nah, it was me taking it in from a veteran telling me like, damn, I'm not gonna know myself until ten years because he literally asked me one day, he said, what do you do doing the daytime? And I was like, I do a lot of stuff. He was like, well, from your set, it sounds like only thing you do is and smoke weed and watch game shows. So he was like, that's all we get from it, and I was like, nah, that's the ten year thing, because see, first three years you learn how to be on stage is just think of yourself as a toddler. The first year you're walking around, you're doing jokes, you're doing jokes, you're doing all the dumb jokes. The second year you may have graduated a little bit, but you're still doing sex jokes. Sex jokes is whenever you're seeing people doing sex jokes, unless they're just veterans and they got sex jokes, it's an easy thing to go into. It's just it's like low hanging fruit. So those first three or four years you're really just deciding who you want to be as a comic or whatever. Five years is when you start getting your gigs. You gotta set. But after you get eighth year, ninth year, that's when you start getting the big gigs and ten years years. Ten years is when you get tired of your set. Ten years is when you go, Okay, I got their attention. Now what I want to say. That's when you start talking about yourself real that's when that's when that's when you bring them jokes out, because you're going to be good enough to do it. And by that time, you got at least twenty thousand sets under your belt, and you should be. And people got to know the ten year rule. There's no way to beat it. Of are you who's saying no, there'll be to not what you're talking about. I've been in the business since okay eighty seven, bitch, I know you.
Speaker 5: Know how you know what you're saying is the truth because even when you look at the new generation, I don't care if it's Jesse Larrus, DC, Young Fly, Andrew Schultz, they've all been doing stand up for damnitary ten years the better Andrew been doing it for sixteen exactly. Jess should be right at ten right right, and DC should be right at ten right now. So you're absolutely right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's just like it's like people want to beat the system, and you're not gonna beat the system. Put in the work.
Speaker 4: We got more with Leslie Jones.
Speaker 13: When we come back as the break this Club, Good Morning Morning, everybody is j MV.
Speaker 1: Charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Leslie F N.
Speaker 5: Jones, Charlamagne, Leslie, Who do you think curse is more?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: And Samuel L. Jackson We about it the same because we did meet and both of us, Wow, you think I cursed a lot? I do.
Speaker 5: The name of your book is Leslie because.
Speaker 1: That's what people say when they come up to me. They'd be like, Leslie Jones. So that's that's why I made it that. But it's the first time I cursed in front of my mom because she knew I had a bad mouth. My dad did too. My dad knew I had a bad mouth, but they was like, no, you respect enough to not to curse around here. And we was walking to the store. I will never forget this walking to the store and I had just went to a parade where they had to jump and I was like, mom, you should have seen the major rest. They were swinging the ass and my mom was like, yo, you not talking to your friend. You better watch your mouth, girl, And I was about to get into the you know, seting all of that, and she was like, ooh, what you sound like when you're not around me. I was like, very bad, very bad. But I think that me and Samuel L. Jackson are the same. I think we curse at the same and you say met each other in Yeah. It was hilarious and I actually imitated him on SNL. I missed that. Oh my god, we did family feud.
Speaker 12: Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: It was one of those those times where you they literally literally let us just have a little fun. So they wanted me to be Samuel Jackson, but they was gonna put the beard on me, and for some reason, we didn't have the beard, and I just dressed like he like, with the hat and the leather jacket. And it's like I did look like Samuel, what didn't? I just looked like Leslie. And so when he came to me and he was like Samuel Jackson, man, we were laughing so hard because Kennan was like, wait a minute, now, you don't look like no dampse.
Speaker 5: Was he pretending to be God?
Speaker 1: And all I kept saying is you can burn it.
Speaker 4: Half Jackson.
Speaker 1: Something that you bring to a party why do I gotta bring something?
Speaker 4: You invited me.
Speaker 1: That's a stupid ass question. You're burning al. It was just like really really fun but yeah, when I finally met him, Yeah, it was just like so funny.
Speaker 13: But I think he cursed less when he met me because I gotta ask. So you talked about you remember bombing. So I always ask comedians when they come up, you remember your worst show and your best show.
Speaker 1: I can name ten straight. That is probably the same type of worst. Let me see, I fell off the stage. No, but that wasn't my worst show. I fell off the stage and got right back up and was like I'm a stunt man too, and kept rook.
Speaker 4: But you're talking about like a bomb, Like I remember Kevin kep up here one time.
Speaker 13: You told me about the time where they threw a chicken wing at the Charles only threw a chicken wing at him, right, that was one of his worst shows.
Speaker 4: So what was like that one show that's always in your mind?
Speaker 1: And be like that con venue I was say, Riddles maybe in Chicago was always kind of a hard room to do. I'm riddles A d Ray used.
Speaker 12: To host it.
Speaker 1: What happened today? I think that's when I fell off the chair. I stood up on a chair and then fell off the chair.
Speaker 8: But now I still ripped it.
Speaker 1: I could just tell you funny like I got introduced in Omaha at this poetry poetry show and this is was so hilarious, Like I was, you know, and I was beautiful, like young, had long hair. On the road and you know, dudes be trying to talk to you, and especially the ones that you want to talk to. So I remember this. Wats the dude was trying to talk to me. He was fine, looked like Bob Marley. I was like, oh, you're definitely going to the hotel room. So I'm talking to him and then dudes like, I'm about to introduce you, right, And I had on these clunky ass sandals or something, and he introduced me, and man, I came down that step and Summersault rode right into in front of the thing and jump back up. I was like, yeah, that's how I come on stage. That's how I come on stage.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I looked over and the roster was paying his bill to leave. I said, you you what about the best show?
Speaker 4: So the best show? What was the most amazing show that you still love?
Speaker 1: I just can't. Okay, it's just too many. I would say. One of my favorite ones is when I went to Grand Rapids, Michigan and they had a whole section that was death and they had the girl doing the Yeah they were deaf, and she was signing so you know, I have a dirty show. And I was like, how you say something? So she was like doing that, so I was like and then she got really tired, and I was like, ain't that's something the white girl got tired of sucking.
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 1: Grand Rapports where they were on fire. There's so many good shows. I mean when I was on tour with Cat, like so many, Oh my god, I have to tell the story because I know I can't remember it. Okay. So it was the beginning of the tour. We was in Chicago, I remember this. So it was a New Year's show, so we went out performing. Cat was late, so I had to go out and you know, keep performing or whatever. So when Cat got there, you know, Cat is Cat. So this dude was waiting with a fur coat, like this beautiful black fur coat. So he was like, Cat, I want you to wear an on say I want you wearing on s taste? So Cat was like, yeah, so you put the coat on and he went out, and you know, people lost it and they was already mad that he was late, but to see him, they lost it. They lost they he was going crazy. Cat took off that coat and strew it out into the audience and dude was like, dude fainted. No, man, Dude, that coat was like fifteen thousand dollars. They ripped that part. He was just like, Yo, probably gave him the money. No he did not, No, he did not. Hear about Cat being so generous. He may gave me it. I just didn't know. I don't know, but I think Cat was like, that's the way the Kuokie cruminosy. You know Chris Rock.
Speaker 5: He did the forward to your book and you talk about your relationship with Chris Rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm known him forever. I know, you know, all the comedians known each other forever. Chris I met Tony Rock before I actually met Chris Rock, but just known each other forever. And I used to always just bug out of him and be like, Yo, I'm only gonna make it if somebody like you tell them I'm funny, Well, you ain't telling them I'm funny Christy and he'd just be like he always said. He didn't say I wasn't ready, but he did say that, but he was like, no, they're not ready for you, That's what he was saying. But I was always man. I would chase him out to the car at the Lave Factory. I would chase him all the way out to this car and I'd be like, what the yo, what you're doing? Like dot you see me ripping these mom and he just smile at me and get in this car.
Speaker 5: Like God that it.
Speaker 11: Chris.
Speaker 5: I loved it, he said In the four Door, he said he talked about how SNL could easily find white comedians because of the institutions, but don't have an idea with the find funny black people.
Speaker 8: So how difficult is it for a black comedian to be discovered for it?
Speaker 1: And just like what he said, like you find them in the institution, you find the funny bitches at the DMV. And that's real talk. Like Barbara Carlile. I will always mentioned Barbara Carlyle because Barbara Carlile when I was coming out, was one of the biggest female combat like so freaking funny, like funny as hell. How she didn't blow up, you know what I'm saying, because she didn't say have the same opportunities as maybe a white you know, female comic can get seen easier if they get the laugh at thory spots in the comedy store and the seller and all of that stuff, you know, and really like we have to vouch for each other, like at the seller had to vouch for for yam I always say her name, Yaminica, always said her name wrong. She she loves that I mess her name up. But she'd be like, you know how to say my name, bitch, one of the man When I say y'am Amika, and she gonna be like, god, damn it, Leslie so funny, Oh one of my faith. Oh she's so funny. So and she don't care. She will just tell you tell her. But at first they weren't gonna let her in the cellar. So I was like, yo, if I hadn't got S and L that would be me, So let her in. You got white comics down there talking about having sex with their wife with a Christmas roll, and you talking about she's blue and off. That put her up, so you know, it's it's like that's it's just that type of community. You know, it's that type of community. But but you know, Chris, Chris knew what he did.
Speaker 5: It take somebody like a Chris to say, yo, you need to put her on.
Speaker 1: Well now, I mean nowadays, now it's different. Now we're getting a lot more love. But back in the day, yeah, you got to get introduced through Amel. You know, that's how it is.
Speaker 13: An old boys club. We got more with Leslie Jones. When we come back, don't move.
Speaker 1: It's to breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is dj.
Speaker 13: N V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Leslie f N Jones. Every comedian always talk about bad promoters, and promoters are always badness.
Speaker 1: How bad was seisty shot?
Speaker 6: Oh? Very like?
Speaker 1: And I'm just to tell you, I'm pretty sure just to shisty ass promoters. They're bad for everybody, but for women, it's extra. It's an extra layer there because oh god, I hate to say it like this, because it was really hard in the beginning because promoters, you know, you have some of the promoters that think they're gonna get the fuck you or either like that, you that that you are being brought for them to man, I came from hose pimps and crackheads and drug dealers. You comedy is jokes. You are clowns, Like I wouldn't fk you with my enemies, and I don't like that bitch, you know what I'm saying her with a hard but not yours.
Speaker 12: So so.
Speaker 1: So you would like when I first came, it was like if you if there was a headline and they want you to go on the road, it's like, are you I would get on rom because I was funny, but you you definitely would have the moments where hey, why you not being nice to the promoter? The promoter like you, why you're not being nice to the promoter? That is seventy two and he has all my grandfather's suit Damn, What the fuck you think I'm gonna fuck the promoter? What deal is you making?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: I mean that topic or the hotels, like I remember another comment, we're all on the same hallway and they didn't get no bitches because they're not gonna get no bitches. And they're like, oh, we're just trying to figure out who's gonna get to come to Leslie's room. I said, none of you hoes. And what was so funny is that I actually was hooking up with somebody to night and then walked right down the hallway and I opened up the doors like, yeah, that's who gets the not you dirty Sam. Any comic you asked me and asked about me will tell you I am that bitch that yeah, we are with us. You know, it's funny what you talking about with the money thing.
Speaker 5: That's what I've always concerned about with women and promoters because I'm always like, moots be short. They're more than likely to be like I'm not giving her, like nothing gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Oh, I talking about worst shows and I'm a mentioned everybody name in this. Okay, So I'm in New York, New York. You know, it's not that many women when I was doing it. It's fute and we get them shows or whatever. And yes, I did a show for Raydija Ray. So he books me in Brooklyn, right, and it's I remember it was Drew Frasier somebody else and I don't remember who this promoter's name was, but he I guess because I was a female and the crowd wasn't good, So Drew went up, he did all right. Another comedian went up and they wasn't really doing that well. So he comes over to me and he goes, yo, just do ten minutes. Just do ten minutes. Because he didn't know me, so he's like, just do ten minutes. And I was like, okay, well, no problem. And he was like, I pay you when you get off stage. So I was like, all right, all right. So I get on stage and I'm ripping, I'm destro roying ten minutes I got off. What if you get off stage? I was like, dude, you told me, because he literally came up and said, I don't think I'm gonna have all the money, just do ten minutes. So I was like, you just told me to do ten minutes. He's like, no, you were killing off that I'm not paying you. So I'm just like new to New York and I'm just like dude, like and so I go to Raid Desiahn and I was like, yo, this is not gonna pay me. You booked me. What the raid? And he was like, you know, I'm talking to know. So I called Rob Stapleton. I love Rob Stapleton. Rob Stapleson called Big Bef and they got out that car. Big Bes's hand was around that promoter's next so fast, he was like and then he was like, you're gonna do a can female like that? And he was like, nah, dude, it wasn't like that. She just wasn't patient enough to wait for me get money, like like like real talk. They do think that they can pump punk people. I had a lot of had a lot of promotions in Atlanta. Oh so when you're paying all my money? So so how much I owe you? Only owe you six hundred? No, you owe me eleven hundred. Keep counting. Okay, No ride to the airport like shit like that. Oh no, I have been left at venues. Oh car leaving Okay, I'm the female. You should wait for the female. Oh they went back to the hotel. Really, Oh no, it's a lot of And that's why that's why I always say now because I'm sure sure it's a little different now because women do speak up. But I always tell male comedians when you're on the road with a female, can you look out for her?
Speaker 2: Look out for her?
Speaker 1: Because like, like I know a lot of female comedians that's been raped, that's been hurt, beat up, slapped by other comedians and you know who you are real talk like it's like it's another battle. It's another battle because we are women. But like I said, I'm a big six feet you know, she got to go on like five minutes.
Speaker 5: Are you going to be the host of the daily You're doing it all next week?
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 8: And don't you tell me you want? I mean with that something you would want, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, I'm not gonna lie. I think I'd be pretty good at it. And I think I think nighttime is ready for a black woman, ready for one that's ready to to to go do it, because I feel like I've been built for that. Like I call myself the two thousand year old woman because I've been through every decade. But I feel like they need somebody who is can bring joy and bring laughter and and and and inform people in a way that they like take their medicine with. It's time to bring some laughter back to life.
Speaker 12: Period.
Speaker 1: It's time for everybody to stop being so offended. How about this is what I want to say. Everybody has been acting for the last five years like a five year old. Everybody needs to stop the what about me? Because it's just starting to become ridiculous at this point and grow the fuck up. I am sick of it, y'all, sick of it. And you know you, you know, you know you're showing your ass. You know what's right, you know what's wrong. Stop acting like a five year old. And that's what our society is acting right like now. And you know, like everybody in here know, it'd always be a black woman that come and go knock it all, fix it right. It was her nail, Carter, Oprah Winfrey. You know, we got all our sisters that came in just get this right back that I feel like I want to talk to men too, and like I'm going to give y'all so much permission to learn and advance to where we are as we like we doing the work. Men are not doing the work. And I'm gonna say it, y'all not doing the work. And let me just say this too. Y'all don't know what about it, it's one of your favorite things, or if you're just working properly, what should we know to go to? First of all, go to the doctor. Put you in the doctor's hand, and cough to the fucking left. Find out what's wrong with you. First there's a lot of No. I'm being very honest. I've been hooking up and dudes are not working properly. Y'all didn eight all that McDonald's. You're not taken care of yourself, and that's your that's like one of your prize possessions. You go get your car check. You won't get your check, damn, and then get mad at us when you don't work. Don't get mad at me. That's your department. That's your department. That's go get your check and then and then go get your mind checked. Stop showing up to tender dates expecting me to solve your dilemma. I show up for and you throw me a Ruber's queue of your fashion. I don't know why your daddy don't love you.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Your mind affects you, so take care of you. I really believe that's a lot of problems with these With these podcast dudes and these passport bros. Y'all don't know how to fuck a woman correctly. And then when she tell you that now she ain't no, go learn how to. I bet you to solved a lot of problems between us because y'all don't know how to and you're mad because we do.
Speaker 5: This is the mental health promo.
Speaker 1: I'm being honest with y'all. I am being so honest. I really believe that a lot of friction is now. Women are going we are tired of bad sex, and we're tired of being quiet about bad sex. I had some bad sex two nights ago. I told him at the ricks, I talked that could get the fun out. How dare you me like that at the Rits? God, damn the goddamn Empire State buildings right there? How you were like that in front of the Empire State Building?
Speaker 5: The out of here, poor guy. Well, at least it ain't no surprise. You're not hearing this for the first time.
Speaker 13: Trust me, Jesus, let you know who you are to that gentleman she's talking about gonna get therapist.
Speaker 1: You're gonna need some help.
Speaker 13: Lord, have mercy all that. It's Leslie Jo Jones. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Yes, the Breakfast Club. Your morning's will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Damn he hog. It's time for donkey, k I.
Speaker 12: Mean trying to beat donkey today?
Speaker 1: No more.
Speaker 5: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days.
Speaker 1: They called donkey of the day and it really caught me off guard. Damned Charlamagne, who got the donkey of the day today, Well, Jess hilarious.
Speaker 5: Donkey here today for Thursday, August third goes to a twenty one year old Mississippi man named shun Kendrick Huffman. His first name is crazy. His first name looks like the last line on an I chart. Why do people waste letters? Why name needs something where most of the letters are going to be silent. This man name is shun Kendrick, but it's spelled s h u n e k n d rik. Shouldn't it be s h u n k e n d r i c K whatever. Listen, I need everyone to listen to this story closely because this story is a prime example of why patients is a virtue. People see, Kendrick was twenty one years old. He's doing seven years. Well, he was doing seven years in the Mississippi Correctional Facility for aggravated assault. So that means he's been locked up since he was a juvenile. Right, he's been locked up since he was like thirteen fourteen. He clearly must have had a public defender because no juvenile, she gets seven years for aggravating assault. But either way, this young man did his time and he was scheduled to be released in December of twenty two in needless to say, that didn't happen. Why didn't it happen? Let's go to WAPT sixteen ABC News for the report.
Speaker 16: Police an inmate who had only a few months left to serve before escaping from prison is now looking at decades behind bars. Shake Kendrick Huffman is the person that you see on your screen. The twenty one year old escaped the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility in Pearl August twenty fifth of last year. He was serving the last four months of a seven year sentence for aggravated assault. Investigator said that Huffman broke into a nearby home and held the homeowner at gunpoint for hours. Thorty said Huffman stole a vehicle from the home and at some point rammed a law enforcement vehicle at a roadblock before running away. Huffman is sentenced to sixty years for two counts of kidnapping. He'll serve forty of those years of the sentence with twenty suspended.
Speaker 1: Jesus, that's wild.
Speaker 9: He's an idiot.
Speaker 1: Shake Kendrick. You did a seven years in prison.
Speaker 5: He was four months away from coming home, and you decided to break out, and once you got out, you broken to our nearby home, held three people at gun point four hours. Then you stole a car from one of those hostages before before you crashed it. Then you fled on foot, and then you was found hiding in a trash can just two miles away from the prison.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: I know we have conversations about these kids lacking patience, but this is ridiculous. He was four months away from being able to live in any trash can you wanted to. If you wanted to come home and identify as Oscar the grout, you could have done that legally. But no, four months from being released and you ended up escaping from jail and then committing a series of crimes that got you forty years. I know what the hell happened? Shen Kendrick got a boot. Un Kendrick has a prison bay, all right. That prison bay was pressuring him, Oh, you're just gonna leave me in here, okay. I gave you cigarettes, I gave you honey, buns. We used to be in this cell cheek to cheek, okay, and you just gonna leave me. You were free, shun, Kendrick. All right, you served seven years just to wait until the last four months to act up. There's only one logical reason that I could think of that would make a man want to stay in, and that's love. The man is penismatized, all right. Somebody's Indiana bones got him open, all right. This is like the movie Life in reverse. Instead of coming up with a plan to get out, Kendrick was coming up with a plan to stay in because he loves the taste of Frankston beans.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Him and his locked up lover had an argument, big race that I gave you the best seven years of my life. How many rolls of toilet paper have I sacrificed for you?
Speaker 1: And he was just gonna leave me.
Speaker 5: The thought of freedom and vagina should have motivated this man to be on his best behavior for four months, but instead, the fear of losing his gusband motivated him to get caught so he could stay in prison. He didn't want to leave. Man too hard to adjust to this new world. He got to come home and pick a pronoun. He don't even know what that is. And the thought of doing all that without his bait, he couldn't handle it.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: All partners want is.
Speaker 5: The significant other to show their commitment to them. Or there's no bigger sign that you're committed than adding forty years to a seven year sentence. And what twenty year old or twenty one year old Chunk Kendrick is going realize is that at twenty one, no d is good enough to make that kind of commitment.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: Ah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Run, You and that man not even gonna be together in five years, but you still gonna have to do all that forty all because he fell in love with one eyed p.
Speaker 8: A wise man once said that penis to do that to you.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 5: Oh please give Shun Kendrick Huffman the biggest he hull.
Speaker 12: Sad man.
Speaker 10: But what if he was just a He was a kid when he went, He institutionalized and afraid of society.
Speaker 2: As a grown man, I believe that what I'm saying, he probably scanned the world.
Speaker 5: He probably too hard to adjust. You gotta come home, You gotta, you know, learn what he could have learned the trade. That's why they should teach. That's why correctional phyllicist facility should be actual correctional facilities.
Speaker 8: Let me learn the trade.
Speaker 5: Let this man get, you know, some proper education in there so he can come home and be a productive citizen.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they don't do any real life rehabilitation in prison, especially in America.
Speaker 2: We have the most people in prison in this country.
Speaker 5: They call them correctional facilities, but they not correcting none.
Speaker 2: Now when the judges on the prisons, Kendrick, I won't play a game.
Speaker 5: No, I do not want to play a game, all right. This man name is spelled s h U n e k N d r I c K. We do not need to play a game. It's Mississippi. You don't play a game with racius Mississippi. His his name is Sean Kendrick. We do not need to play a game. Sure, you really want to play this game home?
Speaker 8: All right? Oh, I guess it's time to play a game up?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: What racist?
Speaker 5: All right? Twenty one year old Mississippi man named she Kendrick Huffin. Huffman had seven years in prison, only had four months left. Broke out, held people at hostage ended up getting forty. Guess what racis hand bam.
Speaker 1: By Racio.
Speaker 5: You know what, No, I can see why you would say that though working hard, aj you say, by Ratio, he's mixed. Okay, Okay, I like those Okay. Envy sud Kendrick Kuffman, twenty one year old Mississippi man broke out of the prison only had four months left on a seven year sentence held people hostage, ended up getting forty. Guess what Racy is thinking?
Speaker 1: White?
Speaker 5: Okay, beige?
Speaker 8: All right, what is he?
Speaker 5: But we have to play the game fair, Okay, I don't know what Racy is. It's coming, it's coming, whoa, it's coming. This hold of a thumb. If I think, if I think, if I think, if he's this hold of your thumbing, Oh you text me, it ain't come through Eddie. Oh okay, and he got an android. Oh, Eddie just texted me and said he's a nigger. So he's got a black action.
Speaker 8: He's a niggas.
Speaker 1: I was wrong, you were wrong.
Speaker 4: At work?
Speaker 5: All right, all right, we'll taking that talking. I'm trying not to say that word. But this is for restarts sent he sent.
Speaker 1: That's what he said.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yes, Kendrick. It sounds white to me.
Speaker 8: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: But anyway, the Breakfast Club. Everybody's d J n V.
Speaker 13: Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building going out of.
Speaker 5: Styling, profiling, limousine, riding, jet flying, just stealing, wheeling and dealing. Son of a gun, the nature boy.
Speaker 8: Now, good morning. You get tired here if you just run up on you in the airport.
Speaker 1: And start screaming that all the time, and I love it.
Speaker 12: I love it.
Speaker 1: How are you doing today? First, and for thank you you're doing good man.
Speaker 5: You're in town for the comic con right. First of a celebrity min tell us about that. Got these great cards here?
Speaker 12: Yeah, those are actually gold and there's silver there too, okay. And these are all silver that just as one has a golden lay in it. Yep. And they're made by celebrity men out of Houston and uh distributed by eBay through them basically all over there will be at for ten thirty a mile.
Speaker 5: When you first started your wrestling career, did you see things like this and that'd be trading card which.
Speaker 12: Is never never never imagine, especially in silver or gold what made you, what.
Speaker 8: Made you finally retire for good after fifty years?
Speaker 12: Well, I had that one match last year. You know, I still feel great. It's funny people misunderstand what I say. I wish I could wrestle again, like I mean, I feel great. I'm probably one of the few guys that still was no hip replacements or new replacements or shoulder and I feel great. So I could, But I yeah, actually I could, but I won't.
Speaker 1: Now when you still when you first started.
Speaker 12: I didn't want to quit. You did to benci Man's at his time. Okay, so when you.
Speaker 13: First started wrestling, break us down because you know, you want it to be different from everybody else, and you were different from from everybody else. So what gave you that mind frame? What said this is what I'm gonna be. I'm gonna wear these robes, I'm gonna be fly, I'm gonna be I was.
Speaker 12: After the airplane crash nineteen seventy five, I crashed in an airplane, killed the guy, and paralyzed to other guys. While I was re rehabbing and hopefully hopeful of over wrestling again, I met a guy named George Coddess And why we may make kills a bit like Buddy Rogers. Buddy was very popular in the fifties and sixties nature with Buddy Rogers. So I just took that and then the words of Harley Race Remember Harley Flair took rogers gimmick to a whole new level.
Speaker 5: He lied to Yeah, he had no idea who that is? He survived crashed in nineteen seventy five. You survived that a couple of times. When you survive a plane crash, how does your life change? Like, what is your mentality from that point on?
Speaker 12: Well, when you're younger, you don't think about it. Maybe I well I made it, you know, I was. I was, you know a little bit intimidated to fly again for the first time. But I got one of those private jets today to get here to make sure I could be here on time jet, and it's great a way to go. I may never fly commercial again.
Speaker 8: When you crashed in the plane, did it like explode around you?
Speaker 12: Like, no, we are out ran out of gas, so there's no explosion. But it normally a small as a twin engine sets the three ten. Normally, when you hit an orchard of trees or whatever they would call it, your little cartwheel plane. We were going so fast we fell from six thousand feet and we just pour down and hold them orchard and landed in a railroad embankment fantrax, enough of it, just a half a mile from a runaway. Wow.
Speaker 4: How much practice did you guys have to do when it came out of practice?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, there was no practice back then. You just work out and just the matches that eight and you're there.
Speaker 12: Yeah, because I'm a little different than a lot of guys. A lot of guys like to go out and well I'm not saying it, but later on because of it's part of the deal now where the guys have to rehearse and all that. But I just was always the old school. Wait, you got to hear the crowd. You can't rehearse something you don't know all the people are gonna react to. And that's one of the problems today. When the young kids they had this match put together, they walk out the door and the fans aren't reacting on the way they want it. And because they don't have the experience, not the ability, but don't have the experience that they can't change it around. And that's why sometimes but they're not getting a reaction from the crowd they want.
Speaker 1: So when you you were wrestling, there was no practice.
Speaker 4: Is two men in that match, and whatever happened happening.
Speaker 13: You get slapped into the old coming and we just know from this and when you get slapped in the face, it wasn't practice, like, oh this just slap me in my face.
Speaker 12: Oh tell them to wow, yeah, hit me with brass snugs. We just did it there with brass snudgs in old days.
Speaker 1: Not the real bugs.
Speaker 12: Bust ourselves off. We're called the hard ways. Jesus Christy, you can break the sell blown run here role really just a.
Speaker 1: Little oh you know, you gotta hit hard. You just look yeah, okay, then I.
Speaker 12: Was always had that surgical little thing right here. That was the best part of my work. Give me, get me to my blade, and I'm good you had.
Speaker 13: You had a blade in your fingers too, a blade in your so you could have missed and went too far.
Speaker 5: But I have a couple of times, y'all gotta have some really nice relationships.
Speaker 1: Don't think the same.
Speaker 5: Accidentally cut somebody with a blade and not be the person, not be upset.
Speaker 12: At you for Oh no, I was never cut anybody else. I myself.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, I give you say, but I have cut.
Speaker 12: Some guys, but they knew it coming and knew it was coming.
Speaker 1: So you must think this new wrestling is so soft with what you would dealer with.
Speaker 12: It's not soft because they do. Nothing is ever solved. It's just a different time. It's like Lawrence Taylor. Good Lawrence play right now? You can if you suspended every game, you'd.
Speaker 1: Be fine so much right now?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean or Dick Buckers who just passed away, and Lawrence. The rules have just changed. It's still a very difficult, very physically to mand the sport. These guys are doing stuff and always are jumping off tables and ladders, and I only did I only did that a couple of times.
Speaker 5: So what was your last match like for you? When you thought Jeff Jared and.
Speaker 12: It was great, except for the fact I didn't anticipate.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 12: I psyched myself out and I was dehydrated, and I went out there and we put together what I thought was a rogal match. Wasn't ever going to be a masterpiece, but we'd put together the match, and then I got real light headed and about five minutes in the match and I said to one of the guys, I'm not feeling good. Well it just sent it went around in the ring like you saying like his heart's bad or whatever. Right, So but we got it straightened out. But it was just funny. I just dehydrated and under You came back to the dressing him and made me drink through a gate age and I went or Kid Rocks and party with the kid all night.
Speaker 5: So I was fine, but I thought, you you wish you wish you had picked a different person to have your last match.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 12: No, that's a misinterpretation, and that's what that's these damn podcasts just said and it comes out wrong. There's a guy that I that's still active to Ricky Morton from the Rock and Roll Express, And if I had if I were to have a singles match, not a tag So it always was they wanted to have a tag match because idn't think I could make it through a singles If I was going to have a singles match, now it would be with Ricky Morton. He's still active and he's doing great, and he was so good and I'm a much better bad guy than I am a good guy.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely no, But you always were kind of like that you're the bad guy, but then you're like the bad guy people root for.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know what I mean, that's out of respect over the ears.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how do you prepare yourself to say, okay, this is my my my last, my last match.
Speaker 12: I just focused on what it did, as I had four months to really get myself in shape. I mean I work out pretty hard anyway, but to really get myself and I had made up my mind that I would be as as good as shape, not cosmetically obviously, because I'm a cosmetic nightmare.
Speaker 1: That's not true.
Speaker 5: One of the ladies out there says, he's so cute, And one of the ladies out there said.
Speaker 12: That she hasn't seen any about my shirt since without my shirt not so cute. That's my surgery. But just I was very I just framed that all forward and you know, you know, you're you know, remember Vince Lombardi's favorite saying it is fatigued makes cowards of us. All. I mean, I wouldn't never worry about getting tired because I was always in better shape. So I actually got myself and as good as shape as I was in nineteen seventy four, I was doing five hundred free squads and.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, you still work out to this day.
Speaker 12: Yes, really, you know. When I'm home, I haven't gone quite a bit, but I go up and train with John seen as trainer Rob.
Speaker 4: We got him over Rich Slay. When we come back, don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 12: The guy.
Speaker 13: We are the breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with wrestling. Great whoa Rick Flyah Charlamagne.
Speaker 5: I always wanted because you know you you always talk. You talked about just stereoidy before, right, but you never had the physique of the No.
Speaker 12: I didn't take it. I took steroids when I remember it too. Cain't hired a fore. And remember to take your pills exactly where.
Speaker 8: That's the only way you get that big physique like that.
Speaker 12: No, you get it through hard work. But you know, I wrestled so much. I didn't pay much attention to my dad when because they were wrestling. I did a lot of like our matches, and when I was younger, I like wrestled three hundred hour matches a year. So you get mentally here and then you can eat and drink what you want and then all of a sudden your metabolism changes. Retire you got you gotta be careful, you know what I mean?
Speaker 13: So are you still surprised that some of your catchphrases still people are saying now to this day and you know even you know, some of the rappers still want you in their videos, make songs like Off said, who was here this week?
Speaker 4: As albums out?
Speaker 1: You know, right?
Speaker 12: Was there a couple of days ago?
Speaker 4: Does that still surprise you when when these rapers call you things like that that.
Speaker 12: Really have my dose? You're catching them one too. You know with my catch line, nobody could be first, but the didn't want it to be next. Yeah, I love all He's great metro move and those are great guys. Woman's got another one now something? Well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, all said album came out a sound right now?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You had you had a ruption in testing two in twenty seventeen. Yeah, then you got put into a coma, a repiratory heart failure and ammonia, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 12: How did you total kidney failure everything.
Speaker 5: To total Jesus Christ, how did that near death experience impact that.
Speaker 12: Changed my life? Okay? Because I couldn't walk or anything, you know, I didn't have any memory for six months. That was when I decided that I needed to make sure that everybody that managed him in my life. I told not going religion on you. I mean, obviously we all have our own religion, and I believe in God very strongly. But it really made me aware of telling people that I like because you never know. I'm living proof. You never know. I was just sitting at a bar, like I will be tonight with these guys, and all of a sudden I got a pain in my stomach. I didn't wake up for thirty one days. Wow, I don't remember going to the hospital.
Speaker 8: Damn.
Speaker 5: Do you remember the first person you told you love when you finally.
Speaker 12: Well, it must have been my wife, Wendy. I guess that would be her. Hogan said that I look at him and said, get me a six pack of beer.
Speaker 1: You could see this yourself, the greatest wrestle of all time.
Speaker 12: Yes, I'm not on my Mount Rushmore. Not no, because I don't know. I believe. I think you better have somebody else put you there. But my Mount Rushmore, in terms of importance to the business, is stone coldst obviously undertaker, and I think Sean Michaels. Shawn Michaels is the greatest performer of all time in our business.
Speaker 1: Why does the rock on your maun rush Uh?
Speaker 12: He would be excepted to stay long enough. I think part of the Ron Rushmore is longevity. You know, it's hard to be really good. And Rock was great. I mean, but he took off and he said, my mom on my Rount Rushmore for interview skills and everything else. And I remained very close to him, but he uh, you know, he just had that unbelievable monk Chris guy and what a great guy.
Speaker 5: What do you think the different when the wwww F was as far as business.
Speaker 12: W's run like a business. W CW was just catches, catch can wow. Everybody everybody had their own thing on. And the guy that ran it just he liked creating dissension between let's say it's Scott Hall and Kevin with the n w O the head guys. Right, obviously there are other guys, and it was say Stinging Luger and then Hulk and Randy. I mean, he's he just likes to create, not create, but right, it was his style of doing business and nothing ever works like that. And then Hulk had, you know, total creative control, which I don't blame him for. He brought He brought a lot to the table, but it's just hard to you know, to function. I mean they did, and they did great for eighty three weeks. At the end of eay three weeks, how do you bankrupt ted Turner Dam?
Speaker 5: Because I love the Four Horsemen, I always wondered why the Four Horseman never got.
Speaker 12: Oh, never wrote the timeframe? Okay, yeah, if we've been where we're ten years early, gotcha. If we come along in the nineties, that same four people, yeah, that would have been.
Speaker 13: I was always wondering, like, when you talk WWF for ww or or NWA or whatever, how do they decide who is going to be that quote unquote man.
Speaker 12: Right, you know, they give you the opportunity and you got about five minutes do something that the guy goes.
Speaker 8: That people looking like really, yeah, mean you've got that?
Speaker 12: You got we call it gorilla. Right, there's Evince and Hunter and whatever the agents are that's got some like Michael Hayes, guys that have been there for a while, and you got they go out the door and you got five minutes to show them something that you know, I mean, go mhmm, or you know then, so I've seen him a thousand times. You didn't gonna tell you. It's gonna shake your hand and you know what I mean, or I'll talk to you later. My case, I'll talk to you later.
Speaker 13: Do you remember that conversation with you, that first conversation when they pulled you to the side and say you're the guy.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well, but when I want to end NBA Championship for the first time, now, I guess i'd be eighty one. But I wasn't the guy I thought it was. But I had wrestled so many guys that were really good in that one area of the mid Atlantic right that when I went on the road and started wrestling guys for an hour that didn't know anything about wrestling, when I thought I knew it all, I I was. I was lost and I didn't draw, so they took it off me. And then I prepared myself and got myself back and realized that everybody's not going to be the best wrestler every night. And then the second time I was ready to go, that's not really turned it on.
Speaker 1: Where did the figure four leg lot come from?
Speaker 12: Buddy Rogers.
Speaker 8: Okay, does that.
Speaker 1: Work in real life? If you put somebody in there?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, well yeah, I put the linebacker Penn State still sitting on the Floridad bar.
Speaker 5: I would love to see you put on Charlemagne one time, one time. Tell me about the guy in the bar in Penn State. What happened to him?
Speaker 12: Well, you know the phony rest of the thing. He said, figure for the kid told me he said, I can get out of that, so they can't. Said, yeah I can't, said you gotta let me get that. And he was a big kid too. He's still laying there.
Speaker 4: Before you leave. I wanted Charli y gotta out. Yes, I would love to see that one time.
Speaker 12: Come on, you don't have me back on?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 5: What's your favorite iteration of the full Horseman?
Speaker 12: Iron Ali, Ronold Tully, myself and Bury Window.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the original one, right? Is that the original one?
Speaker 12: Originally? But only kids were older at that time, and he wanted to work part time and only was great, but the best forward bear we earned myself And tell me, do.
Speaker 13: A lot of younger wrestlers come up to you and ask for guidance and mentorship, and do you do you give it to a lot of the younger wrestlers.
Speaker 12: I try to, but I realized it doesn't mean anything because the first thing they're going to they want to go look and see what the fans are saying. Yeah, social media runs everything.
Speaker 5: How do you think a young Ric Flair would handle social media?
Speaker 12: Well, he'd be in jail. We'll be we'll be getting duck in this interview from Rakers. Right, yeah, yeah, hello record, you're still rankers. Do you mind joining the Breakfast Club when I'm talking about your silver coins?
Speaker 1: It's hilarious, young Rick Flair.
Speaker 12: I don't think you though.
Speaker 13: All right, will don't move. We got more of Ric Flair when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning everybody sadj MV. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with wrestling, great Rick Flair, Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: How is it watching your daughter following your footsteps?
Speaker 12: Oh god, it's amazing that I will take very seriously. She's the greatest thing going. Yeah you see her? Yeah, yeah, she's in a different world, different different planet, different statusphe than I was. Did you want her to No? I had, I said somebody asked her and she was, you know, doing real well in the business world and graduating from college. And I saw her looking at the guy asked her and he said, well, aren't you doing this? And had a talm relations at the time. I saw her just I know her like a book. I saw a walk around the room and think of herself. She walk over to me said you think about it. I said, I don't know why. She said, I just want to. I think I'm gonna try it.
Speaker 5: She is not the greatest of all time, isn't that like the ultimate form of Hamada the U though.
Speaker 12: Well, it's not really. It's because of her little brother, my son that passed away. She everything. I think it's still in the back of her mind or she she's fills fleeing the dream that he lived, which it makes it even more special and more personal.
Speaker 8: That's clearly the most important thing to you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 5: What do you think sports entertainment is missing right now?
Speaker 12: I don't think it's missing anything, man, I think it's tracking on all fours. I mean, every time you turn around, Tony is opening up another show, and I've got They've got three live shows a week now. Wv's making more money. Never I still believe that wrestling is the greatest form of sports entertainment there is.
Speaker 8: Oh people will be like, oh, it's not real.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but they're sold out saying it's not real and say whatever they want to say. People watch it, and it's not just the blue collar fans. I mean the doctors, lawyers, everybody loves it. I don't. I think it's a misconception as to how much hard work goes into it, especially if you're on top now, becauselet's say they're they're if they're working a full schedule, they still wrestle, you know, one hundred and fifty five times a year. I think that's a full schedule, right, But if you're in the top tier, you know what you're doing in the three days off your half. All you're doing is media media for the next round match. There is no time off.
Speaker 6: Really.
Speaker 12: That's why it's nice to Vince or Vince or whoever they're calling the shots now. I understand the kids need to take a month's break here there.
Speaker 13: I was gonna ask you, how does your body heal with so many matches? You're talking one hundred and fifty five matches.
Speaker 12: I rested at four hundred and twenty five. I wrestled over four hundred times for eight years. We don't rest, We just drink and sleep on the plane and then. So that's why I got. One of the reasons I got into Cannabi's business that I was eating xanax trying to sleep on his international flights. You know, I've told him. Somebody asked you about it. One week, I was wrestling an hour in Sydney, wrestling an hour in Auckland, wrestled an hour in christ Church, flew to Saint Louis, an hour in Saint Louis, flew to Atlanta, an hour in Atlanta, and flew to Tokyo, all in the same week. Wow, that's a lot of booze, and at least three is annex.
Speaker 1: So you like to smoke the weed?
Speaker 12: I do. I can, but I can't hang with my.
Speaker 8: I will go after.
Speaker 1: I'd love to see you type.
Speaker 12: I'm saying edibles, edibles can get you off of that.
Speaker 5: Have you had Mike typoned? Have you had Mike edibles? Mike Type?
Speaker 12: I have my own called wou Choose.
Speaker 4: Really you should well some of that up too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with these cars at Choose.
Speaker 13: Let's let's let's talk about the reason that you're in town comic con. Let's talk about these coins in these cars that you again, we.
Speaker 12: Can feel the way of them. Yep, sounds silver guys, So what.
Speaker 4: Are they doing over?
Speaker 3: Ryan?
Speaker 1: Come on, come in here, come to the mic.
Speaker 4: When do y'all come to the mic?
Speaker 1: So we yeah, yeah, complain any eating one of y'all.
Speaker 15: So the Nature Boy will be releasing our products. So we'll post all the prices and all the products that are available, and Rick and I will be opening them live for customers. So there's different chase elements inside there. So there'll be redeemables for personalized memorabilia from Rick. A meet and greet with Rick is also available, So there's a lot of cool stuff that will be announced.
Speaker 4: These are limits? Are these limited editions?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 15: So I made a thousand of the of the silver coins and the bigger holders there those, I made a thousand of those, and then of the gold card there's five hundred.
Speaker 1: Wow, so yeah, okay, it's what's there?
Speaker 5: A website is so Celebrityman dot com dot com.
Speaker 1: The distribution will be handled by eBay.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, that's so cool. Congratulations Man. You deserve it.
Speaker 13: The fact that you got your body beat up and they only paid you eight hundred thousand dollars. I love to see you win in there.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, five hundred for the most Before that before that.
Speaker 1: Wow, I didn't want to ask you.
Speaker 5: What do you think it like about celebrities getting into wrestling, Like when you see the logan pauls, I like the.
Speaker 12: Guys that are actually good athletes, And I got no problem with that. I'm not crazy about some of the people they're bringing, but I mean when they're actually couldn't get in the ring and like and bad Bunny was really good.
Speaker 1: He did pretty good. He did killed it.
Speaker 12: He did really good. But that Paul kid, believe it or not, I know that Sean trained, which I wasn't aware of. That Paul kid is it's damn good athletes and he didn't fraid anything. Yeah, you know, big part of wrestling is they started telling you to jump up that turn buck we go through the table. I mean that the table doesn't always break the way you wanted to. And nothing guaranteed about those tables. You know, they're not gimmicked or anything. They're taking their screws out. You got him right dead center in the middle. They won't break the right way.
Speaker 5: Oh so those tables weren't staged, they weren't Like.
Speaker 12: No, absolutely not that that's a big misconception.
Speaker 4: Do you know how many people y'all got hurt that went home and tried that on the maable.
Speaker 12: Yeah sure with the steel chairs, Yeah, steel chair that they don't no more had jogs because of all the confessional issues, you know, I mean guys like big folding. I mean, the stuff Mick did is still you look at the stuff going off the top of the cage and then that time I was just talking to take her about it the other day when they were on top of the cage and take us to their guy, make I can feel that the wires breaking the top right, Mick said, I'm ready and went He fell through land in the back of his neck. Heith went through the myth right to his nose. Oh my god, Mickey beat his brains out. Man more more. I mean thumb tag matches. I only had a couple of those. But it doesn't hurt while you're out there, but man, when you go back there on the pullem thumback the barber wires stuff that the barber wire is really rough, and barbed wire baseball bat there's nothing good about that.
Speaker 5: Jesus all the time, I thought all that stuff was propped.
Speaker 1: It was props too. I'm like, there's no way that's real. Thumb tacks they got to be plastic.
Speaker 12: No, no way. But when you hit a guy with a barbara, you're gonna hit him one time. And once again, it doesn't hurt when you're out there because the drenale was flown right. When you go back and you had barbarea.
Speaker 8: You had to be on board than adrenaline.
Speaker 1: You had to be on something.
Speaker 8: There's no way you went I mean they didn't stick.
Speaker 12: It didn't. The barber isn't sticking you, but it Yeah, when you're full, when your adrenaline is running. You'd be surprised how.
Speaker 4: Many medics were backstage. Only what medics.
Speaker 12: Oh they have they have two full time doctors, just two.
Speaker 1: Had to be some cocaine involved, man, Okay, it had to be for me.
Speaker 12: Never really, you don't teach the kids for cocaine anymore. Back in the eighties. Yeah, it's very prevalent, but I don't I never hear of any cocaine news in our business. I'm not saying they don't, but it's certainly not done on the premises of the wellness policy the w W has. It's stricter than actually, it's probably stricter than the NFL. And I'm sure Tony has the same thing at AW. It can't afford someone, you.
Speaker 4: Know, overdosing. Yeah, absolutely, Wow.
Speaker 5: Well, Rick Flair, we appreciate you, thank you, thank you so much. And I can't wait we get a Rick Flair movie. Man, I know guess what's coming down based off your book.
Speaker 12: No, no, I can't tell you anymore. And I just got the word the writer's strike is over. Wow, I can't say, I can't say anymore.
Speaker 13: All right, it's the Breakfast Club, Rick, I want to come back anytime, anytime.
Speaker 22: Alrighty, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Your father noticed this.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: You are responsible for your life. You can't keep blaming somebody else for your dysfunction.
Speaker 8: Breakfast club, bitch.
Speaker 1: Is y'all finish or y'all dumb