Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the podcast. It's kind of like the weirdest week of the whole year, I feel like, seriously, and if you're thinking like, oh my god, nobody got me anything good for the holiday, get yourself something that you'll love. And that's a Brook and Jeffrey merch for a Cause sweatshirt, T shirt, hat even Yeah, they're so cute and you only have this week left to buy. Okay, sale ends December thirty. First, the show notes, that's where the link is. Yes, and I know you have money you got for Christmas. I know you can put it towards this. There we go and it all goes to charity. Okay, let's start the show.
Speaker 2: I think we can all agree the secret to happiness is exploiting your children to make you rich. Whoa Jeff in the morning? That come from?
Speaker 3: I mean it happening.
Speaker 2: If your child is over three months old and you haven't already reserved their Instagram or Snapchat handle, are you a bad parents?
Speaker 1: So I do not have handles for either of my kids?
Speaker 2: Well what science says? Yes, you are unfit to raise children. Oh don't get mad at me. Get mad at science. Science also says the name you give your kid could help determine if they'll be famous online one day.
Speaker 1: Oh, which is the only thing you want for your kids? Oh? I don't want them to be famous, so terrible, that's so fair.
Speaker 2: You want them to fail.
Speaker 1: Don't want them to rely on other people's opinions for their self confidence. But okay, let's continue.
Speaker 2: The reason I bring this up is because a new study just figured out which names are most common for influencers right now. This is based on Instagram users who have an average of one point one million followers.
Speaker 1: Okay, show me, Kylie.
Speaker 2: The five most common names of female influencers are Hannah, Chloe, Sophie, Sarah, and Rebecca.
Speaker 1: Sarah is the surprise appearance for me?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sarah's very innocent, just a plain name, you know, very simple.
Speaker 2: I could definitely see it. Like, yep, there's another post from Sarah posing with a craft cocktail on a boat. Definitely not borrowing it just to take this picture. I'm sure, I'm sure she owns that, but totally. The five most common names of male influencers are Jamie Jack, Eric James, and Wayne all Right boring Wayne.
Speaker 1: Wayne, I don't know Wayne lives in Montana. That makes sense.
Speaker 4: Brook.
Speaker 2: You know, after reading this from now on, I think I'm gonna call your son Wayne. I want him to be successful.
Speaker 1: I do not I do not approve of a name change.
Speaker 2: If you want to succeed in life, I encourage you to follow along.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wayne was not on our baby list.
Speaker 2: If you're listening at home, I believe in you, Wayne, even though your mom doesn't.
Speaker 1: Now for you.
Speaker 2: Listen to Mommy get electrocuted for her job. Okay, because it is time for the shock collar question of the day, we have a bucket full of names. You're gonna draw one out. See who gets asked a trivia question. If you answer it wrong, your punishment is to be shocked while singing a song. So text into seventy five nine two and tell us what you'd like to hear is drawing a name out because he had the shot collar last?
Speaker 5: And who'd you get?
Speaker 3: Jose A Brook putten foot? Fuck? Hey, you're gonna finish that pudding on your foot?
Speaker 2: All right? Brook's putting on the shot collar. While that happens, Digital Jake, please read us a shot collar question of the day.
Speaker 6: The experts at Food and Wine magazine came out with a list of foods that should be stored in your fridge and a list of foods that should be stored in your pantry.
Speaker 1: All right, give it to me.
Speaker 6: Their recommendations are not necessarily health or safety related, but for flavor, freshness, and longevity. Today you'll be given five different foods, with thirty seconds to discuss fridge or pantry for each one, And at any point, if you feel you're stuck and need help, you'll have one ia an instant answer. Make sure you tell me before we move on. Are you ready to begin?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: I am ready.
Speaker 1: Give me my first food.
Speaker 6: Your first food maple syrup, fridge or pantry.
Speaker 1: Well, that's interesting. I store mine in the fridge, but I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Why would you?
Speaker 1: My mom does that? That my whole life for those weird it.
Speaker 3: Goes in the pantry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I store mine in the pantry the pantry. Cold maple syrup is weird.
Speaker 1: But do you But do you use on maple or yeah?
Speaker 5: I get the expensive bottle?
Speaker 3: Oh you got your ridge? No, no, listen, he said, these aren't a be Do they have to go in flavor, flavor and texture? If it's cold maple, it's gonna be gooey.
Speaker 1: And a good point. Okay, I'm gonna go I gotta change it. I'm gonna go pantry. I'm gonna pull mine out today.
Speaker 2: Get that out. They serve you warm maple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good all right.
Speaker 6: Moving on mustard, fridge or pantry.
Speaker 1: God, why do I put everything in the fridge?
Speaker 8: Everyone have to.
Speaker 1: But when you get a hot dog out in the out in the wild, that mustard, I'm just saying that it's sitting on the counter, it's it's room temperature.
Speaker 2: I know when I when I eat my morning bowl of mustard, I like it.
Speaker 1: But I'm imagining like Germans and mustard, and when I go to the a German place and get a big pretzel, that is it's a warm mustard situation. Pantry, Oh my god, I gotta rearrange my entire fridge.
Speaker 3: When I get home.
Speaker 6: Moving on herbs like cilantro dill or parsley fridge or pantry.
Speaker 1: So the thing about what he said was longevity. And I like to take my fresh herbs and put them in a glass of water and then stick them in the fridge. Oh the way longer.
Speaker 2: I like to I turn on my misters at home. So it's just like at a grosary store. I just missed my kitchen for a while.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go fridge on herbs since I don't have a mister, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You gotta get one.
Speaker 5: It's worth it.
Speaker 6: Moving on melon, fridge or pantry.
Speaker 3: We're talking like cantalope melon, right.
Speaker 1: Any melon, I'm gonna go, definitely for taste, I'm gonna go pantry.
Speaker 6: Finally, tomatoes, fridge or pants.
Speaker 1: I don't even need it. It's definitely pantry. You didn't use your I I'm sorry, but if you if you your tomatoes in the fridge, you were ruining your tomatoes. They get all grip like sand done.
Speaker 6: I gave you a list of five foods and asked you identify which foods Food and Wine Magazine experts say you should store in the fridge and which one should be stored in the pantry.
Speaker 1: I should have used my aion mustard.
Speaker 6: Let's start with herbs. Herbs, you said, fridge, yes, and the people of Food and Wine Magazine said fridge as well, yes, okay, in a jar with a little bit of water is the best way to keep herbs. Moving down the list, for melon, you said pantry, and the experts of Food Wine Magazine said pantry as well. The flavor is the best at room temperature. You were very very confident in tomatoes, and you said pantry, and they as well said those belonging the pantry, the fridge makes them dull and mealy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mealy, that's the word.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: Lay away from those mealy tomatoes.
Speaker 6: Maple syrup and mustard left. Maple syrup. You said pantry, and the experts at Food and Wine Magazine said that belongs in the fridge temperature. It will grow mold on the surface eventually, But that's flavor.
Speaker 1: Is having moldy waffles over there, and I love them.
Speaker 6: So mustard. You said pantry, and they also said fridge in the pantry.
Speaker 1: So I'm actually storing those two right there.
Speaker 9: You go.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean my life is correct. My answers were wrong, but whatever, I.
Speaker 10: Guess when you're at a ballpark, they probably frigerate it and then they bring it out.
Speaker 1: No, they just don't care about flava.
Speaker 2: So we didn't get them, all right, And that means you're gonna get shocked and somebody wants to hear you singing Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice.
Speaker 1: All Right, stop, collaborate and listen. Ice is back with a brand new invention. Something wraps the hold of me tightly, flow like a harpoon, daily and nightly.
Speaker 3: Will it ever stop?
Speaker 1: Yo? I don't know, like to the extreme, I rock like a band, don't light up the stage and watch the look.
Speaker 2: She actually has respect for Vanilla Ice. After that, that was hard to do. It's your shock collar question of.
Speaker 9: The day, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Do you think the show gets a bad rap or does it get a bad rep?
Speaker 1: It gets a bad rep?
Speaker 3: I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Kind of works both ways because either one, you still get what I'm saying, show.
Speaker 1: Is not very good at our show, Yeah, oh god, we have.
Speaker 2: A bad rap. But that's one example of commonly misheard phrases where we don't really know which one is right.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna tell us.
Speaker 2: I don't even know. We list just came out with a bunch of the most common phrases. We tend to miss here or missay. But it still kind of works both ways.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna alert okay.
Speaker 2: Well the next ones I know, okay, but these are easy, like Coleslaw. Some people think it's cold, slow, but it makes sense. It's cold, that's delicious, or happy as a clam. Some people hear happy as a clown also, which makes sense.
Speaker 3: Alama, that's a lot.
Speaker 5: How about this one? Deep seated like a chair?
Speaker 1: Oh seed?
Speaker 2: A lot of people say deep seated like a plant. But the correct one is deep seated like a chair.
Speaker 1: It is deep seated, like it makes more sense. It's it like it grows from deep down.
Speaker 5: It's like a it's like a giant but deep seed.
Speaker 1: It's just very comfortable.
Speaker 5: Also, a bald face lie bold face?
Speaker 2: No, the correct way is bald faced, but a lot of people think it's bold face.
Speaker 1: People without beards lie a lot. Are you are you accusing with?
Speaker 2: Like a bald face is a clear face? It's an obvious lie. What's a bold face?
Speaker 1: It means you're very bold in saying this lie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, coming down the pipe?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 2: That's the wrong way to say. The original phrase is coming down the pike like a road, coming.
Speaker 1: Down the pipe. I can't keep up.
Speaker 2: Coming up. Next, it's laser stories, although a lot of people think it's leisure stories. Coming down the pipe laser leisure. Either way, we're doing it. Next, it's the radio segment that challenged Mark Wahlberg to an out of breath wrap battle, and they each got in half a sentence before their time expired. I gotta go back, so I guess it was a tie. It's Laser Stories. It's a segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we have a laser and those other Gabba ghouls just don't.
Speaker 1: I wanted to have this.
Speaker 5: First, this first Laser Stories out of Sri Lanka.
Speaker 2: Fifteen year old kreeshof Bondhara is a young man in love and recently he wanted to go visit his girlfriend, who lives in a neighboring town. Okay, so he went to the local bus depot, but quickly discovered there were no routes going to his girlfriend's neighborhood at that time. Instead of waiting for one or maybe hailing a taxi, krishe Off did the next best thing and he stole a bus.
Speaker 3: My god, my.
Speaker 10: Gosh, that's really crazy illegal.
Speaker 2: Even he saw one of the drivers get out to go buy a snack, and that's when Krieshoff seized his opportunity. He jumped in the transit vehicle and pulled away.
Speaker 3: Day.
Speaker 2: Took over two hours for the driver to even notice that his bus was gone because he was distracted watching a cricket match on TV.
Speaker 3: I deserve it.
Speaker 1: He must have been a good game.
Speaker 2: Authorities eventually spotted the stolen bus cruising down the highway and tried to pull it over, and that's when the teenage driver saw the police lights, stopped the vehicle and tried to flee on foot. He quickly got caught, though, and when police questioned him, Krishoff admitted he was just trying to see his girlfriend, and turns out he did because at the point of arrest he was actually on the way back to the station to return the Bus's.
Speaker 1: Very responsible of him. I mean it was all in one piece.
Speaker 11: And that was quick and was like, oh, I gotta go by the way.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 2: Further investigation revealed this isn't the first time kreese Off has stolen a bus to see his girlfriend.
Speaker 3: What the heck?
Speaker 2: Apparently he's done it before and he's doing court to face charges this week.
Speaker 1: She's like, not again, honey.
Speaker 2: His next laser story is out of Texas. A thirty one year old man was arrested late last week when he was found out in the field with quote a single gunshot wound to the buttock.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: Wait, why was he arrested if he's the one that got shot?
Speaker 5: Well, who shot him?
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 3: He shot his own cheek.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: According to witnesses, the man was seen firing his guns straight up into the air like Yosemite Sam when unfortunately one of the bullets came raining back down from the sky and lodged directly into his rear end.
Speaker 1: The bullet doesn't disappear into space if you shoot it up in the sky.
Speaker 5: Maybe if you jump.
Speaker 2: If you jump, if you jump, you can get high out.
Speaker 3: Bullet.
Speaker 2: The police took him to a hospital where he was treated for his injuries that were not life threatening, and he's now unstable condition. However, after searching his name, they found the man already had a warrant out for his arrest, so he was taken into custody.
Speaker 1: What did he rob himself to?
Speaker 2: Afterwards, the sheriff released a statement saying, this is another reminder you should not randomly fire your guns into the air like you're in a Looney Tunes episode, because in real life, the bullets come back down.
Speaker 3: Yes they do.
Speaker 1: Also, why you should not drop anvils anywhere.
Speaker 5: That's a good PSA.
Speaker 2: But someone out there needed to hear that this next lazer story is out of deep deep space. So apparently rocket scientists don't learn their lesson, because last week they made the questionable decision of asking the Internet once again to name their upcoming space.
Speaker 5: Mission about to go down.
Speaker 3: You guys, this has never gone well.
Speaker 1: Well bike, You know, scientists so smart at science.
Speaker 2: So bad at life, right, and to make matters worse, this one is for the Uranus Orbiter and Probe mission.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is God is pro mission.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you need another name?
Speaker 2: They wanted to ask, so their Twitter posts tried to help by listing off some of the previous mission names I Voyager, New Horizons, Juno and Perseverance. And they said, what would you name the Uranus Orbiter in pro mission?
Speaker 1: Say they're very hopeful for humanity.
Speaker 2: The responses weren't exactly what you would call appropriate. Some of the top suggestions were operation Enema, colonoscopy one mission to Charman, and of course probic probe face.
Speaker 3: I'm voting for.
Speaker 2: There's also some creative acronyms that people suggested, like research education, charging towards Uranus.
Speaker 5: Mission, which spells rectum.
Speaker 2: And planetary orbital observations pro pop.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: So very creative stuff. But the strange part is NASA hasn't actually announced any upcoming plans for a mission to Uranus, so this may have all just been a joke from an employee. But rest assured the names are going to be ready as soon as they decide to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it. We're all waiting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait to be an astronaut on that mission.
Speaker 2: This next laser stories out of what would you do? HQ? So someone's probably asked you this hypothetical question before, maybe when you were a kid. But if you had to lose one of your five senses, which one would you get rid of? Taste, site, smell, touch, or hearing. Yes, that's hard, not an easy question, but someone pulled two thousand people on it, and overwhelmingly the number one thing people would lose is our sense of taste.
Speaker 3: See if I can lose smell and keep taste.
Speaker 1: I think smell turns against you often, you know, it's not always a great sensation.
Speaker 2: But with Brooks cooking, taste turn against you too. Yeah, seventy seven percent think their most important sense is eyesight. People really like.
Speaker 1: That is right, okay, yeah, someone who.
Speaker 2: Has awful People really enjoy seeing things, and they say they have a hard time letting go of it. Second most important is hearing, followed by touch. Smell came in fourth place. Only two percent of people think that's important, and then taste comes in dead last, with only one percent voting it as their most important sense.
Speaker 1: I love my tongue, I love yeah, I want to eat everything.
Speaker 2: And because sight was deemed the most challenging one to lose, the poll also asked what people would miss seeing the most if that ever happened. The top answers were our loved ones. Faces, Yeah, that's my number one. Nature in general, what you've never been like inspired by a beautiful scene?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Maybe sunset?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sunrise is Sunsets was on their jose. Also are pets and the Brook and Jeffrey YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: Hey, how you do?
Speaker 2: Actually they answer shows and movies that they like to watch.
Speaker 5: But I think we all know what they meant.
Speaker 2: Yes us, Yeah, yeah, this guy has no problem losing his eyesight.
Speaker 1: Oh that's all about feel.
Speaker 2: He just sniffs those shoes out and then operates one hundred percent on touch and taste. That sound means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do it again, same time on.
Speaker 12: Friday, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's helpful to take a little life shortcut by doing two different things at once. Oh yeah, I multitasking, you know, like brushing your teeth while you're in the shower. I've done that life shortcut. Huh okay. And if you've got one of those handheld shower heads, bring it out to the toilet. Now you're doing three things at once.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't think that you should do that.
Speaker 2: I think it's worth a shot. Or instead of wasting time eating breakfast and then lunch and then dinner, put all of your food for the entire day into a blender and make one creemial smoothie. All the nutrients, none of the wasted time. It's a life shortcut.
Speaker 1: Nothing like morning sausage and some Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't know what else you're speaking my language now, Brook, But there is one thing that you really can't shortcut, and that's dating. Oh, do not try the two different relationships at the same time thing, Because you're gonna get caught, and then you're gonna get exposed. Yeah, just like the people you're about to hear when we do a brand new edition of Busted coming up.
Speaker 12: Oh sneaky husbands, two timing lives, live, bad.
Speaker 9: Boyfriends, and even worse girlfriends.
Speaker 2: They thought they could get away with that, but now they're about to get busted. They say, don't judge a book by its cover, but by what goes on in between the pages. Okay, same thing's true for a bed. Don't judge a bed by its cover. Look what's happening inside the sheets? I don't, and then if it's not involving you tell us about it. On this second there, it is called busted because we've got a few listeners ready to tell us how they got their dumb exes playing in the sheets with the wrong person.
Speaker 1: Very similar to book Club.
Speaker 2: Starting with Aaron, tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 13: Okay, so my ex boyfriend loved escape rooms?
Speaker 5: Loved what escape rooms?
Speaker 14: Escape rooms?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, God did you have to do them every date night?
Speaker 5: Those are a good time though, dude.
Speaker 10: Okay, family, try to do the easiest one, and we still couldn't do it, no one.
Speaker 2: Shut So what happened?
Speaker 13: So for his birthday, our friends like we like kidnapped him after work.
Speaker 15: And we took him to an escape room.
Speaker 5: For fun, fun stuff like that, yeah for him.
Speaker 13: So like, yeah, we were having a good time, but we were like having trouble one of the clues, so we asked for a hint. Yeah, and like a couple of minutes later, an envelope like slides under the door and I open it and it says someone in the room is a cheater. Oh, and I was like, who okay, I think there was a cheating in the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah right.
Speaker 15: We were all just like laughing, like we.
Speaker 13: Were like pointing you figures out each other and like whatever, like we're obviously.
Speaker 3: Bad cheaters because we're stuck.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Then another clue comes in and it says, no, you don't get it. Your boyfriend Eric has been hooking up with me behind your back.
Speaker 1: Whoa, who oh my god.
Speaker 3: I'd still be looking around the room like okay, this.
Speaker 2: Is super detailed.
Speaker 3: Yeah wow, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: And then you con front of him and he's stuck in the room with you. He can't even run away.
Speaker 15: He couldn't leave.
Speaker 14: So that was like the bad start for him.
Speaker 13: So I just yelled at him for like twenty minutes while his friends like tried to awkwardly finish the rest of the puzzle.
Speaker 2: He's never been more bonevated to escape from.
Speaker 3: The room, dude.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next week we're going to talk to Saul. Tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 4: I was livid at the time, but I can laugh about it now.
Speaker 1: That's healing, saw, that's called healing.
Speaker 2: Good job, buddy, we want to laugh too.
Speaker 16: What happened My girlfriend at the time and I we had this ring doorbell camera and we get alerts for anytime that someone comes up by the door. There's a few times I'd get alerts of any movement. So my girlfriend would look at her phone and be like, oh no, it's just a raccoon again, nothing to worry about, just a raccoon coming out of her porch. Okay, until this one night she wasn't in bed and I wake up to check the app and what do I see. There's a man dressed as a giant raccoon calling up onto our porch, like one of those fuzzy people.
Speaker 2: Fuzzy I like fuzzy people better.
Speaker 4: Fuzzy furry. My girlfriend comes on the camera. Lets this guy in, So I run down up stairs. What the hell is going on? Shure it up, my girlfriends, they're making out with this giant raccoon. I'll prop my baseball bat so they get the hell off. O the head falls off. It's my neighbor from across the streets.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean maybe she just actually mistook him for a raccoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that how you take an animals?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Wow's so cute.
Speaker 3: Let me make out with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got time for one more. Let's hear from Sophia. Tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 15: So I was dating a doctor, you know every girl's stream maybe.
Speaker 5: And was a doctor.
Speaker 15: I know he really was, But I got used to him, you know, having to like randomly go in on his days off and at weird times because you know, he's a doctor.
Speaker 1: So, oh my god, it'd be so easy to cheat as a doctor. I'm gonna call then.
Speaker 5: You know, it would be so easy to cheat dating a doctor too.
Speaker 15: No, sure, So when day I heard his phone going off and he was in the bathroom, so I just checked it for him, because you know, it's an emergency he would need to know, and it was a text with the contact name work. But the message was a picture of a topless woman.
Speaker 2: Well that checks out, they usual and put on like the hospital.
Speaker 15: It was absolutely like that. So it read something like I'm hurt and I need you to come check on me. Where does it hurt? Right that he got fired months before that because he was getting it on with a nurse, But he didn't tell me that he's been fired. He was playing doctor online with lots of girls. Oh my godummy, right, I mean, thank goodness, that's in the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're still with him because he's a doctor.
Speaker 1: Right, They can always find another job.
Speaker 15: Fire doctor doesn't have the same ring to it.
Speaker 2: Well, to make sure to hit up our textports seven eight, five, nine to two if you have a funny story about how you caught your ex cheating, you could be on the next edition of Busted Phone Taps coming up next.
Speaker 9: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Today, we call a guy who works for a big department store and he's been there for a long time, over two decades now, wow, and he's in charge of customer service.
Speaker 5: And now they've told.
Speaker 2: Me he's a very very kind, very professional person.
Speaker 1: Wow, so after two decades he still has that huh.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, he warned me you need to give him a question that he's never heard before and doesn't have a clear solution. Oh no, we tried to stump him. You'll see how he deals with it in your phone. Tap right now.
Speaker 9: It's another.
Speaker 2: On the twenties.
Speaker 8: She's the barber store of This is John. How can I help you?
Speaker 5: Hi? My name is Harold.
Speaker 2: I came in there a few weeks ago and bought a pair of pans in the uh the pants area of the story.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to call it.
Speaker 8: Okay, you were in the men's apartment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, during one of your sales, M and I got some some pants and they're ruining my life. Okay.
Speaker 8: Are they're just not fitting correctly?
Speaker 5: No, you don't understand, sir.
Speaker 8: If your pants aren't working out for you, you know, obviously we have a tremendous return policy if you just bring those in with the receipt to assist.
Speaker 2: You know, John, you're not hearing me, all right. I wear them all the time to work, to the gym, I wear them to bed. What I haven't showered in over two weeks because I haven't taken them off, not even once.
Speaker 8: So it sounds like to me you said that you're you're really in love with these pants and that the fit is exactly what you're looking for.
Speaker 2: And love is not a strong enough word for how I feel.
Speaker 1: For these pants.
Speaker 2: Wow, they have changed how I lived my life forever, I will I vow to die in these pants.
Speaker 8: Well, sir, it doesn't sound like you have an issue with our pants and just calling to let us know how great they are.
Speaker 5: No, there is an issue. There is.
Speaker 7: What would that be?
Speaker 2: The problem is I got them thirty percent off and I would like to pay the full price.
Speaker 8: Sure, how you received a tremendous discount, and as far as price goes, I mean that's something you should be proud of.
Speaker 2: No, No, I insist please that I pay the full retail price. I refuse to be a cheapo like my father was.
Speaker 8: Sure, I understand your strong feelings about these pants, but payful price is not really necessary.
Speaker 2: No, you don't understand. If you've heard what I said before, I feel like I've taken advantage of the company, and I just the guilt. It's overwhelming. I have to live with this every day, knowing that I didn't pay full price.
Speaker 8: Sure again, the price you paid was was a fair.
Speaker 2: Price, you realize. Ever since I started wearing these pants, my wife doesn't think I'm such a loser anymore.
Speaker 8: Sure, I do need to ask you a quick question here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, are you okay?
Speaker 8: Are you feeling all right? I feel anything? Are you on any medications right now?
Speaker 2: I feel amazing because of the pants, but I also feel horrible because of the pants.
Speaker 8: This is a weird situation, Sarah.
Speaker 5: Here's the deal.
Speaker 2: I already know exactly how much extra I need to pay. I still have the receipt framed up in my study. Wow, so just tell me where do I need to send them money to make things right?
Speaker 8: We really don't have a process for that. No, but I think you should just take the savings and come back in and buy something else.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you probably like that. I'm going to get a new pair of socks that I love so much. I have them on for the next three years. Now I'm feeling guilty.
Speaker 8: About the are in a commissioned business.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're a communist business at all. I love your business.
Speaker 8: That's not what I meant.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to assist it. All I'm trying to do is honor these clothes and pay what they're worth in full, and maybe do a little prank call while I'm at it.
Speaker 3: Why won't you let me do those things?
Speaker 14: I knew it.
Speaker 4: I knew this was a joke.
Speaker 2: Because my real name is jeff from brook and Jeffrey in the morning and this is a phone tap.
Speaker 5: Man, you're on the radio.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I gotta say you were more than helpful in what was ultimately an impossible situation.
Speaker 8: Well, you know what, To be honest, this is the highlight of my day.
Speaker 9: So thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, really you should thank your coworker Sadie, because she's the one who set you up. She said it was a little bit slow at the store and she wanted to make you laugh today.
Speaker 8: Well, Sadie owes me lunch now, So again, thank you.
Speaker 2: That's great. Yeah, And if it makes you feel any better, I'm actually not wearing any pants, sir.
Speaker 8: If you're not wearing pants, then come on down because we're having a sale right now. But I don't know how you're gonna feel after.
Speaker 3: No, don't put me through the shame. Wake up.
Speaker 12: Every morning was fun taps weekday mornings on the twenties, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, if.
Speaker 2: The people in this room we're on a date and going to show off their sexiest talent, we know jose would probably bust out ten of his best celebrity impersonations all in under a minute.
Speaker 3: Immediately, I mean immediately, I would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said, sexyey, oh, sexy, don't try.
Speaker 5: Please, I was gonna give you a chance.
Speaker 2: Oh well, Alexis would probably take a cocktail napkin off the bar and fashion it into an instant.
Speaker 5: Crop top.
Speaker 1: That's too big.
Speaker 2: And Brooke would demonstrate how her elk mating call can attract any man from up to seven miles away.
Speaker 1: Wow, I did that with my mouth.
Speaker 3: That was impressed.
Speaker 5: If that doesn't get you in the mood, nothing will.
Speaker 1: You're about to get trampled if you don't get on this.
Speaker 2: Luckily, for one of our listeners, he says, his sexy talent is way more attractive than all of ours combined.
Speaker 1: Did you have possible?
Speaker 2: He got the chance to show it off to his date. Was it maybe too.
Speaker 5: Much for her to handle?
Speaker 2: I feel that we're about to find out when we do your brand new second date book on your own time.
Speaker 1: Give him what they asked for.
Speaker 9: Job.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Now there's men swarming to the studio and a couple albums horns. We have a work cut out for your second date. Update, next second date, Up date, Brooke. If a guy offers to cook for you on a first date, is that a sexy move for you?
Speaker 5: Thinking? Ah, he's trying too hard.
Speaker 1: I don't like it?
Speaker 5: You do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I do? Especially if he can actually cook?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. He goes into the kitchen and he comes out to the table with the best hot pocket that you ever tasted, and he's made it look pretty too by putting a colorful toothpick flag.
Speaker 3: What if he cuts it in half from there?
Speaker 1: How do I still put in my mouth on it?
Speaker 9: For you?
Speaker 2: We've heard some home cooked meals go very well on this segment, some not so well. We're gonna find out how it went for one of our listeners named Todd, who said he cooked for his date the other night and now he needs our help.
Speaker 5: Todd, what's up?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 1: Did you go with the og ham and cheese because that is my personal Oh yeah, I'll take ham and cheese all day.
Speaker 7: That's more of a lunch just for me.
Speaker 10: Okay, Hey, Todd, can I ask are you a good cook? Because I think the effort of cooking, whether you're good or bad, is sexy to ladies.
Speaker 3: But are you like a chef or something?
Speaker 7: Now, I wouldn't say I'm a chef. I have worked in a kitchen before. Okay, I can cook too, like really really good Italian dishes. That's pretty much it. But like it works well. I mean I cook a mean shrimp alfredo.
Speaker 1: Okay, are we just going to talk about his food? What are we talking about his stage?
Speaker 8: Can we?
Speaker 2: I do want to just talk about the culinary side of it, but we should focus on the girl that you went out with.
Speaker 5: What's her name?
Speaker 7: It was Laurie.
Speaker 1: Laurie. I'm guessing you went with the shrimp Alfredo. Did you talk that up?
Speaker 7: It's funny because I met Laurie online and in her bio she had put like her favorite foods is seafood.
Speaker 8: Right, oh nice?
Speaker 7: And so you know, you got to have a good opening line. So actually my opening line was was, hey, so all you like seafood? Just so you know, my shrimp alfredo is a real catch.
Speaker 1: Do you like that, Alexis, I don't like shrimp Alfredo's on the wrong person ask I say, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Alexis just wants a bank statement as the first text and then she'll make a decision from there.
Speaker 3: You should have followed up with I'm just being krill with you.
Speaker 2: It's possible to overdo it though.
Speaker 5: Did she like it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean she gave a little lol, and and then we were texting for like a week. It was really it was really flirty and really good. And invited her over to prove it, you know, and she was down.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It means a lot like I feel like when people go to someone's house on a first date, when they meet on an Apple that's it's.
Speaker 2: So cluch that you guys chatted for a week before she agreed.
Speaker 3: To do that, trust each other a little bit to go well.
Speaker 8: I thought it went really well.
Speaker 7: I was really nervous because I really liked her. I thought she was really cute.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 7: I did maybe go a little above me. I lit a lot of candles in the house, and you know, when she showed up, she noticed just like, oh, are we doing a seance? And I was like.
Speaker 1: That what she said that's hysterical.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of CANSO.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like you didn't bring the Ouiji board.
Speaker 7: No, no, no easy board. I was just like I just thought. I was like, oh, I was just trying to set the atmosphere, you.
Speaker 1: Know, raising the dead. Did she laugh? I mean? Was she cool? No?
Speaker 8: Yeah, she was cool, you know.
Speaker 7: And I had a fresh garlic bread that I had made garlic bread brod.
Speaker 1: Was the food ready when she got there? Did you guys cook it together?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 7: No, the way I set it up, it was basically like halfway done because I kind of did want to finish cooking the meal, you know, while she was there. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, I mean yeah, I served her the food and it was good, and she said she liked the food. I was like, I said, I was really nervous. I felt like, thinking back, I may have been asking about the food too much. You know, when you're like, oh, how is it is good? And then like five minutes later, oh can you taste the fresh basal?
Speaker 5: You know, it's kind of like a needy waiter at.
Speaker 2: The resttes, like are you sure over?
Speaker 1: Okay, what did you guys do after dinner?
Speaker 7: After dinner, we sat down on the couch for a movie, and it was nice. We weren't necessarily as close as I wanted to be on the couch, but I thought this was a first date, you.
Speaker 2: Know, when she just screwed over a little bit, it's your couch.
Speaker 1: It's kind of awkward though, once you're sitting and then you move over, you know, like you have to do it right as the sitting happens.
Speaker 2: I like to slowly in show, like every minute you just slide like a little bit closer until she doesn't even realize all of a sudden she's in your arms.
Speaker 14: She help you.
Speaker 2: That that's not the movie you went with though.
Speaker 7: Nah, No, I mean I was a little nervous, to be honest, And you know, I sat down first, and she kind of sat down where she was gonna sit down.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's a good call.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, Like she didn't sit on the opposite end of the couch, but she wasn't like in my glass. Yeah, no, we weren't.
Speaker 2: No, Well, I mean, how did it end? How did the night end?
Speaker 7: Well, when the movie was over, after she wanted to like have another glass of wine and talk a little more. But right after the movie was over, she was like, I gotta go, and I did kind of feel like there was a little bit of a drop off, you know, in that like it the light was definitely over, and so she went home. And that's why I'm talking to you guys. You know, it's just been very very sporadic communication and the energy that. I mean, she's still kind of texting me, but I just feel like it's totally different now. I don't know what went wrong.
Speaker 8: I mean the food.
Speaker 7: I know the food was great, but and I was a little nervous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're nervous. Energy maybe got the best of you.
Speaker 10: This could just be a classic case of what a lot of girls admit to, which is they just wanted a free meal.
Speaker 3: If a guy a free fresh cooked meal, you don't sit through a movie.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, I think that they just went on too long, like he ate a bunch of alfredo and you're laid on the couch for two hours.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, I mean, I've heard of being friend zoned before, but chef Zone. That's a movie. Yeah, maybe you got put in the chef zone. We'll find out what we call her and get your second.
Speaker 5: Date update right after this.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, hold on Italian food, fine wine, and sitting ten feet apart from each other on the couch while watching The Goonies?
Speaker 6: Goody is that it?
Speaker 1: Did you find out something about the movie that we didn't know?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I made an assumption.
Speaker 5: Shirt.
Speaker 3: Probably wasn't that, Jeff.
Speaker 2: And you know now that I'm saying it, what would have been a better move, Todd? As if you bought a smaller couch so that she physically couldn't sit that far away from.
Speaker 1: He's actually really smart in a two seat? Why they call him love seats?
Speaker 3: He just slaps his knee all right.
Speaker 2: Plenty of her own, But that's because Todd invited a woman named Laurie over to his place recently to show off his cooking skills, which he thought went pretty well. But after their date, Laurie's not texting him as much.
Speaker 5: As she was before.
Speaker 2: Could it be that your famous shrimp alfredo was so delicious it sent her into a delayed food coma ah, and now she's just on her couch sleeping it.
Speaker 3: Off for a long time for a week.
Speaker 2: It's that tasty, yeah, Todd?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, maybe, uh, if you think about it, it was really good.
Speaker 2: We'll find out, but we do want you to send us a sample to the studio, just so that we can be sure it's called research.
Speaker 7: You gotta come over, you gotta come over. I do what how with all the candles and everything.
Speaker 1: The candle seemed to be like that may be one of the things that went wrong. She did note that it could be a seance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is a fire, Marshal, and this is happen?
Speaker 2: Why is the ghost of Abraham Lincoln on this data? But we'll see what she asked to say, and maybe it's none of those things. Could be something totally out of your control. We'll call her and find out.
Speaker 7: All right, Yeah, let's see here we go.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna call her number right now. Hell, he is this LORI?
Speaker 15: Yeah, this is she?
Speaker 5: Well she is conscious, so we're gonna have to strike that talking.
Speaker 2: Oh that's possible. Are you awake right now?
Speaker 5: Are you asleep?
Speaker 14: I'm way Who says a funny call?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 14: Oh my goodness, I know you guys.
Speaker 1: Sorry he should have, but more often than it does, so we appreciate that.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 3: What's sadder that our reactions like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he knows everybody recognizes me. Well, this is good that you listen to us because we're doing a second date update.
Speaker 5: You're you familiar with that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 14: I think so. I mean, I know your voice is weird to talk to you on the phone, not really sure what that is.
Speaker 2: But what's upgeah, We're trying to get a hold of you on behalf of our listener who cooked for you the other night named Todd oh.
Speaker 1: Shrip Alfredo guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, warehouse full of candles.
Speaker 17: Yeah, there were a lot of cans. Like, I'm like, is this guy into Santa Ria?
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 2: So funny from the way that you're talking, it sounds like maybe you like Todd.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 14: He's really nice.
Speaker 17: I just I feel we're talking about.
Speaker 14: This on the radio.
Speaker 2: Me too, I feel weird about it. So we're all on the same boat here.
Speaker 3: Everything he says on the radio jazz.
Speaker 2: But obviously Todd reached out to us because he's feeling a little bit confused that in the week following your date the communications kind of dried up.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well, okay, so it's a weird situation, like I did not mean to happen. Like I'm gonna wear the situation right now.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it's an ex isn't it.
Speaker 17: I'm not saying that one person. I'm on a dating app, so I'm not exclusive with anybody.
Speaker 5: You're dating multiple people right now.
Speaker 17: Just two and they both happen to be chef. Oh and I swear I did not intend this to happen.
Speaker 1: Like the wait is Todd counted in the two? Yeah? Oh well, I mean you just want a one date with him?
Speaker 2: And he told us that he's not a professional chef, that he just he likes to cook.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well, the other guys like legit chef, but he might piece of good cook too, So I mean I did it?
Speaker 1: Like why are you not calling Todd back? Though? Like, I mean, are you just too busy with the other dude? Are you hanging out with him or.
Speaker 6: Also the other?
Speaker 17: I don't really know what to do, Like I'm never been in the situation before, and like one's really good at Italian, the other is really good at Mexican. Makes it a lot.
Speaker 1: And they were like to divor, you're basing your love life on how well they couln't look, why are you stopping talking to one?
Speaker 3: Keep it up?
Speaker 7: I don't know what the rules are there's.
Speaker 1: No ru Yeah, there's no rules. Alexis is right.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: You've gone out on one date. You didn't even sit next to him on the couch. He said, I think you're fine.
Speaker 17: Like, I'm kind of used to the dating app thing, and like for me, it's a little strange to be dating more than one person, and I feel like I make a decision, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You're not comfortable juggling multiple guys like the women on this show are.
Speaker 1: They don't care what even pre dating apps. It's what dating is, right.
Speaker 10: I think she's already thinking that she likes them both. Eventually, one of them she'll probably become.
Speaker 1: Well were you waiting for to make your choice?
Speaker 9: I don't know what.
Speaker 17: They're like some bulls. And they're both great cooks. I mean you say way to a man's heart or a stomach, but you know, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 9: Girls.
Speaker 3: I have an idea. Have you considered a real life cooking competition.
Speaker 2: Like the Top Chef?
Speaker 10: You make them both come over and you're like, look, boys, you're cooking for your livelihoods right now, you're cooking for me.
Speaker 1: And then you yell at him, really mean like like it don't make it the.
Speaker 17: Wrong way, but like, is Italian the only thing you can cook? Or like you do other cube.
Speaker 2: And I see, Okay, I mean we're talking and we're joking about this a lot. But I do wonder how Todd feels because he's been listening the entire time.
Speaker 5: Everybody.
Speaker 7: What wait, Laura, are you serious? You're you're seeing two different chefs?
Speaker 17: And then it really did not intend to happen. It's not like I'm trolling for chef I promised you.
Speaker 7: I mean I didn't want to believe that them when they were saying, you know, ladies love a free meal. But that seems like you're running a train on the you know, the Cusine Ryne I.
Speaker 3: Told you by accident.
Speaker 1: No, it's just why she put in her dating profile. She said she loves sa matter that's their only pickup line. Yes, it's a good.
Speaker 14: How are your enchiladas?
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't cook Mexican food, but I'm sure my food is better.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a little throwdown, So.
Speaker 2: You're not you're not intimidated by the other chef that possibly could be cooking better than utadd.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm honestly shocked. I didn't know, Laurie. I didn't know you were you were seeing someone else. I mean I thought we were just having a date. I didn't know there was anyone else in the picture.
Speaker 17: Well, like I'm on dating app and I'm meeting different people and trying to get like out of my comfort zone. But like, are you saying you're not meeting anybody else?
Speaker 7: I mean no, I'm not. I mean, I I'm you know, I try to focus my attention on one person. I'm not, you know, disrespecting what you're doing. But heads up would be nice. Hey, I eat at a different guy's house every night of the week. Uh, just let me know and then I know. I mean, look, I get it, like we just met, we've only been on one date. But no, I'm not I'm not saying anybody. It would just be nice to know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so where do you stand with the other guy?
Speaker 17: It's like I said that on my comfort zone. So I'm just kind of trying to go with it.
Speaker 2: I bet mister Enchiladas didn't use as many candles in his apartments, so that's one point for Todd, but he may have.
Speaker 1: Paired it with a fresh margarita.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're tied one to one. Now you're keeping score.
Speaker 10: Can I ask an important question, all food aside personality wise, who.
Speaker 3: Do you like more?
Speaker 2: No one can.
Speaker 1: The food?
Speaker 3: That could be funnier, I could be.
Speaker 2: That's all side as.
Speaker 14: They're really both great guys.
Speaker 1: They are that cute. Can you just share the wealth a little bit like Alexis?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I'm gonna throw out an idea that's kind of unique.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: I propose that Lorie, you and the Mexican chef get together and go over to Todd's place and have Todd cook for both of you. Then Todd, you and Laurie get together and go over to mister Mexican Chef's place.
Speaker 7: I'm not trying to get involved in a throuple.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm all about this, all right.
Speaker 1: Okay, suddenly you were uncomfortable just say two men separately, and now you want them all in the same rooms.
Speaker 14: By cooking for me?
Speaker 6: I mean, come on, for a.
Speaker 10: Week, why don't we have both chefs come to our studios cook for all, including Laurie.
Speaker 3: We can all do a vote.
Speaker 1: I'm not making out with him.
Speaker 3: I want I want some tacos.
Speaker 5: We'll kiss him for it. I'm willing to some good shrimp.
Speaker 2: But we would like you to get back together with Todd Laurie, and we would pay for you to meet up again.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I would really like that.
Speaker 8: I would like it if he's okay for a second date.
Speaker 7: I was happy to hear that she was a little shy on the couch because I was also a little nervous. So maybe we could get closer.
Speaker 14: I mean, that's the thing about the couch.
Speaker 17: It's harder to get closer to the Mexican chef because.
Speaker 14: Of all the beans and everything involved.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's what all the scented candles in his room are for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whatever, you do, not lift blanket up.
Speaker 1: The less gassy up.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey in the morning. Why is the text board blowing up right now suggesting I dress up as one of the chefs and make out with both of them.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that at all.
Speaker 5: Actually, wait, that's not the text board.
Speaker 2: I wrote that down on this piece of page. This show is so confusing sometimes. But no, like Brooks said, I am interested in getting an update from those two.
Speaker 1: But certain do you think text coming up pieces of.
Speaker 2: We're going old fashioned?
Speaker 5: You know, we have the technology here isn't great.
Speaker 2: You know, once the dust settles and dinner time rolls around, she's going to be over at her place thinking don't want Mexican?
Speaker 5: Or do I want it? Tally you A tough choice, but a great.
Speaker 1: Choice for real, and she's gonna get cooked from both of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and either way she wins. We want to help you win in your dating live email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back. And if you want to check out any of our second date updates, go listen to them up online at Brooknjeffrey.
Speaker 9: Dot com Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: In the morning, are you driving to work right now? Stuck in a rut? Thinking? Wow, what would it be like if I didn't have to listen to this stupid radio show every single morning?
Speaker 1: You can listen to our podcast too, You don't have to be driving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get what you're thinking. I understand. Yes, that would be a plus. But you're also probably thinking, what if I could quit my dumb job and do something else to make a lot more money.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's an opportunity.
Speaker 1: That's a good thought.
Speaker 2: What would that look like? Well, one woman has figured out the answer. She's a mother of four who recently quit her full time gig and now supports her entire family by doing something that only requires three hours of effort a day. That's easy, and she's gotten millions and millions of TikTok followers because of it. We're going to tell you what she's been doing coming up the lucrative career you never even knew you wanted. Oh it's broken, Jeffrey in the morning. Okay, everyone's looking to climb the ladder right now, make more money, get a better job, doing less actual work, maybe even getting to stay at home while you do it.
Speaker 3: That's the new thing.
Speaker 1: There's a less actual work card, isn't there.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest, more than a few people who work at this radio station I've decided to leave recently to pursue other careers with way more money.
Speaker 1: In It's every week there's somebody new from sales leaving her promotion.
Speaker 2: Well it's not that crazy. I mean, I know it's shocking to the people listening in their cars right now, but here's a secret. Radio people generally don't make very much money.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry, crazy that other people want to hire people that worked in radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because of Brook's salary.
Speaker 5: They had to cut thirty employees.
Speaker 2: In the past year.
Speaker 3: Literally didn't go on to anything. She just quit and was like, I don't know what I'm gonna do. Brook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that wasn't on me. Quitting on their own.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, Brook doesn't even feel bad about it. But I'm talking about if you could make more money and be happier working out of your home, would you do that? I?
Speaker 1: Yes, But why would you say no?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Some people like feeling miserable every day?
Speaker 3: Too much money?
Speaker 1: What else would I post on Facebook? Yeah, it wasn't a complaint.
Speaker 2: Well, one woman in Dallas is making news for doing just that. Her name's Tiffany Scherie. She's a thirty two year old mother of four. She was working in a cafeteria full time for years, living paycheck to paycheck, doing the daily grind, and finally, because of COVID, one day she got thinking, Oh, there has to be something more to life than just working for the man. Yeah, in fact, what if I could be my own boss?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, are you talking us into some sort of like pyramid scheme they like sell leggings online. In a second, I'll.
Speaker 2: Tell you what she did. She quit her job and found something way more lucrative. She became a full time dumpster diver.
Speaker 3: Whoa wait a minute, people from dumpsters.
Speaker 1: My family has done this for years.
Speaker 2: She literally goes around town, jumping into different businesses garbage receptacles to find hidden treasures that she can then upsell on Etsy or EBAs shu.
Speaker 1: She's just like refurbishing.
Speaker 2: There's a picture of Tiffany if you want to see her about to do her dumpster dives.
Speaker 10: I don't know what dumper divers look like, but she doesn't seem like a stereotypical dumpster dive.
Speaker 1: She had clubs run the gambit.
Speaker 2: So Tiffany started off by watching YouTube videos about this and thought, hey, you know what, I could jump into a garbage dump That's something I'm qualified to do.
Speaker 10: I'm pretty sure that stops nine percent of the people this job.
Speaker 3: They don't want to jump into the dumpster.
Speaker 1: I think it's brilliant. I mean, people throw away so much good stuff.
Speaker 2: She mostly targets commercial trash the dumpsters behind stores like Victoria's Secret That and Beyond Party City and Ulta Beauty, because they'll sometimes toss newer returned merchandise that they can't resell for some reason, like it has slightly damaged packaging, so they have to toss it out and then Tiffany hops in the trash and grabs it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know about garbage brass.
Speaker 2: Okay, again, none of the stuff is used.
Speaker 5: It's just unsellable at the store.
Speaker 9: That's why.
Speaker 1: She's making enough money to quit her job and do this full time.
Speaker 2: Yes, not too long ago. She found a box of brand new makeup and skincare products worth about twelve hundred dollars. Yay, so she was able to sell that on eBay for one grand might I.
Speaker 1: Mean she probably smells like it's not going to be the best smelling day after a day of work. But like the excitement. You're like a treasure hunter, you know, like when you find something amazing.
Speaker 2: She also found a seven hundred and fifty dollars Italian coffee maker. Yeah, he was able to resell that online.
Speaker 3: See Martha Stewart would throw that out. I'd be a celebrity hunter.
Speaker 2: She pulled out smart TVs, smart watches, children's toys that are still in the packaging, headphones, and thousands.
Speaker 5: Of dollars worth of unopened makeup products.
Speaker 2: I'll show you a picture. So she goes out every night and does this. Here's one night's haul that's filling up the backup for pickup.
Speaker 3: Tell that is a lot of makeup.
Speaker 2: Actually, there's tons and tons of products.
Speaker 1: Wow, are you sure this stuff is on? It is unopened, it's in boxes, you guys. This is like nice.
Speaker 10: Brands because she's going to the corporate places so they're still seal right.
Speaker 2: And according to Tiffany, she makes between eight hundred to one thousand dollars a week just reselling these products. And that's more than triple what she was making before, almost fifty k.
Speaker 3: If you're making a grand a week aared.
Speaker 1: Her makeup is looking so good. Yeah, she's even the best stuff for herself.
Speaker 3: And oh my god, whorred you get that palate? She's like the dumpster.
Speaker 1: She's like, you know, the alley between third and second. Yeah, that one.
Speaker 2: Because of this, she now runs a popular TikTok account which has.
Speaker 5: Two million followers on it, and they gonna.
Speaker 3: Make a room money.
Speaker 5: They all await her updates on her dumpster scores.
Speaker 1: I want to follow, I know, I want to see that because it is one thing to be like I had one good night and I made a thousand bucks.
Speaker 3: But to do it every single.
Speaker 1: Week against that is she's like a human raccoon.
Speaker 2: So a lot of her followers leave her messages about how she's inspired them, and thousands of people around the world are saying they're starting to dive to.
Speaker 10: You know, this is good because less waste, you guys, we can resell.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Have your friends used to go to like the cookie place they threw out of their cookies at the end of the night in the dumpster they rap there a box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'll give you that's sure.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She says her own children sleep on dumpster, found bed sheets, pillows and blankets, so her family doing just fine.
Speaker 1: My family found a break two mattress that was still in the plastic wrapping in an abandoned cabin that we did we use.
Speaker 5: What are you going on in an abandoned cabin?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was abandoned, but there was a brand new mattress. The plastic was still on it.
Speaker 3: Murdered on it was her family in there.
Speaker 1: Check it out. We walked by it a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Abandoned cabin.
Speaker 2: Now she's getting her kids in on the action and they're following her on her dives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's what.
Speaker 1: They're small and they can fit in there better.
Speaker 2: Her last post to go viral on TikTok was a mother daughter dive where she was swimming in trash alongside her eight year old.
Speaker 1: Okay, why are they not we like gloves are dressed up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sanitary?
Speaker 2: I mean well again, these are behind the commercial stores.
Speaker 5: You're diving in makeup and you know, couches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also like the garbage that's in the store as well.
Speaker 2: She says seventy five percent of her house now is furnished with dumpster fines, from her couches, to her tables to all her toilet paper. Okay, okay, yeah, sometimes one woman's trash is another woman's trash.
Speaker 12: Yes, it is Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: All right, Broke, this is for four winds in a row today, Okay, and you're gonna be playing a first timer. Oh, never done this before. His name's JD from gig Harbor. Hey, JD, Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 1: Are you just going buy initials in case you embarrass yourself and you just don't.
Speaker 2: Want to who you are?
Speaker 8: Funny enough, my initials are JD.
Speaker 7: But my name is actually spelt out ja y d E.
Speaker 1: Oh wowly funny.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 1: Why'd they smell it out?
Speaker 8: It's a long story.
Speaker 7: I'll ask my mom, but apparently that's.
Speaker 4: What her and my dad decided on.
Speaker 2: All right, right, well, here we go. We're about to take your win, Brooks Bucks Virginity. Here, brook will try and be gentle with you. I never here we go. You know the game's played. You have thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know and just say pass, you have to beat Brook out rights to win.
Speaker 5: You ready, man, let's go?
Speaker 2: All right? Your time starts now on this day in nineteen ninety eight, What teen drama series starring James Vanderbeek and Katie Holmes premiered on the WB Austin's Creek in nineteen seventy three. Which company manufactured the world's first cell phone? Apple, Nokia or Motorola?
Speaker 4: Umm?
Speaker 7: Nokia?
Speaker 5: What type of creature is Shrek? A?
Speaker 8: Oh, he's a.
Speaker 2: Who was the first US president to be from the Democratic Party? All right, Madison, my answer it's too late now Brook's coming back into the studio.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 5: No, No, no, no, so JD.
Speaker 2: Other than the interesting spelling of your name, what else should we know about you?
Speaker 7: I am an athlete. I graduated high school with twelve varsity letters.
Speaker 3: Dude, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Which letters?
Speaker 7: Football, wrestling, and track?
Speaker 1: J and d X Y.
Speaker 3: That's impressive?
Speaker 1: Are you, like, are you still athletic? Or was that your glory?
Speaker 9: It is?
Speaker 7: I have three children now, so I'm a little less athletic.
Speaker 2: Okay, working back towards it, okay, chasing the kids for you?
Speaker 7: For you?
Speaker 1: Sounds like you have a lot of future in being a volunteer coach wrestling coach? Absolutely?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 5: All right, Brooks, your turn, You're ready?
Speaker 2: Yep, your time starts now on this day in nineteen ninety eight. What teen drama series starring James Vanderbeek and Katie Holmes premiered on the wb ass in nineteen seventy three. Which company manufactured the world's first cell phone, Apple Nokia or Motorola Nokia. What type of creature is Shrek.
Speaker 1: Monster?
Speaker 2: Who was the first US president to be from the Democratic Party?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: JFK in Which city is? Which city is the famous Kentucky Derby held each year? All right? Got our answers, and that.
Speaker 1: Was JFK, the first president you asked for.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the scoreboard and see how you did with Jose.
Speaker 3: JD. You got one correct today, my man.
Speaker 2: Oh no, did you want her en roller skating?
Speaker 5: JD or cracks moo brook.
Speaker 3: You did get an extra question in.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if I got one.
Speaker 3: You needed it because you only got WHOA.
Speaker 2: I'll take it, oh JD. I'm sorry. Tie does go to the house. Well, let's go over there. We'll go over the answers for everybody here on this day. In nineteen ninety eight, the teen drama series with James Vanderbeek and Katie Holmes on the WBT, Dowson's crazy. That's right, Mike could not think of it.
Speaker 1: Just save my life.
Speaker 2: The company that manufactured the world's first cell phone in nineteen seventy three would be Motorola. Shrek is an ogre.
Speaker 3: I'm an old gotta ogre, yells it over and over.
Speaker 2: The first US President from the Democratic Party is Andrew Jackson, the seventh president, and the Kentucky Derby is held every year in Louisville, Kentucky. Louisville, Kentucky, so I'm sorry JD no cash today. Thank you so much for playing with us. We'll be back to play windbrooks Bock same time tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning