Speaker 1: Model Katy Liis.
Speaker 2: Wake Up Way, why you guys really are Like the hip hop early morning late night Talk to your Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Is the most powerful popular urban radio show.
Speaker 4: Maybe like from.
Speaker 5: The Black Mothership in New York City. It's DJ MV and Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 4: It's different.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Like, y'all know what y'all talking about.
Speaker 7: Thanks to y'all be Black.
Speaker 8: I love y'all.
Speaker 5: Collectively known as Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: So I'm always nervous when I do the Breakfast Club because sometimes you say stuff and it's just gonna get you.
Speaker 9: Everybody, what wait, this is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 5: She's cooling. Eight hundred and five eighty five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 10: This is George.
Speaker 11: How are you guys doing?
Speaker 5: Gay?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 12: Hey.
Speaker 5: I just want to say I.
Speaker 11: Listen to you guys over every morning, go to work.
Speaker 4: I love I bet you guys like.
Speaker 11: Get my day going, my morning going. I just wanted to say that, and I want to give a shout out my boss, Harris Brooks, the Man.
Speaker 13: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Hello, who's this I'm on to dj MV oneing.
Speaker 14: Uh, yes, hey, hey, I got a question. Man, We're gonna go ahead, uh and hire yes as your third co host.
Speaker 8: So yeah, keep back, keep them, It's okay, keep.
Speaker 5: Back to.
Speaker 14: No off to the other co hosts. But you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: She brings a.
Speaker 14: Different energy to the to the show, you think, so yeah, oh yeahs.
Speaker 2: I'm concerned that she can't keep up these outfits, you know what I'm saying. Like, I don't know, I'm.
Speaker 8: The only one that come up here like this.
Speaker 2: First of all, don't play with me, thank you exactly. I think you get tired of dressing up this early in the morning. I make them look in here looking good. I make them dressed.
Speaker 14: I think I think y'all need to go ahead and just go ahead and sign it and just do it if you need to do to get her there every day.
Speaker 12: Just be too busy. Like next week, just as in Detroit. Oh week, we'll see what God got planning.
Speaker 7: I am, but I'm only in Detroit because somebody else gonna be up here.
Speaker 6: So yeah, well we'll see what God got playing.
Speaker 11: Hello, who's this Shatima with a team?
Speaker 8: Okay, Chatima with a t Get it off your chest, mama.
Speaker 15: All right, I don't have anything to get off my chest, but I just.
Speaker 7: Wanted to call and wish my daughter a happy twenty first birthday.
Speaker 11: I am so proud of her.
Speaker 2: She's a senior at the University of Delaware and she's doing her stay there you go, universit Delaware. Su her for surviving Delaware.
Speaker 5: Stop it yeah, University of Delaware.
Speaker 16: She is a senior.
Speaker 14: Her name is Janaiah Hodge.
Speaker 6: Jania hope you go out there and do great things in this world.
Speaker 8: Absolutely.
Speaker 14: I can't believe I got through.
Speaker 17: This is in all these years.
Speaker 16: This is the only time I got through.
Speaker 11: So you know, it's a prayer from God for my daughter.
Speaker 12: There you go, all right, Thank y'all for taking the call.
Speaker 5: All right, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: You don't what's up?
Speaker 10: Its lows from shot Town, Loas.
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 8: Get it off your chest, y'all.
Speaker 2: I just want to thank you to both you guys, Man Selling Man and every Man.
Speaker 11: I read both y'all books.
Speaker 5: Oh, I ain't got telling me to sign my book.
Speaker 10: In Atlanta the podcast Stuff festival he had, Thank you, brother.
Speaker 4: I'm working on that.
Speaker 5: I'm working on the third one right.
Speaker 4: Now, Yo, I'm buying it.
Speaker 11: I'm buying it, y'all. Y'are both your books did me some good with my marriage.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 10: Y'all y'all really changed my life with those two books at so big word up.
Speaker 12: Yeah, me and the wife just finished the second book. We were talking about raising our kids. You know, we got six kids. One is twenty two to the youngest is two. So it's real life, real family when we're just talking about, you know, the different ages and how we.
Speaker 5: Raise our kids. Brother, Well, thank you, loose. We appreciate you. Brother.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you're no problem.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 4: Bliss brown and how your favorite? There you go?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm black, but same respect your color.
Speaker 4: You're Hugh.
Speaker 5: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 11: What's up?
Speaker 12: D your envy?
Speaker 11: This frank piece for your town?
Speaker 14: Or how man?
Speaker 5: What up? Frank? Get it off your chest? Brother?
Speaker 11: Man, I want to talk about the c I and man turn situation. Man, I keep people talk about that. I just want to say, man, I don't care how old I get, any of my kids ever disrespecting them trying to raise their hand. I'm gonna put them down.
Speaker 4: Right there, especially your son. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's that's crazy.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 11: I don't even know why people have fixed the him out to say TI tripping or messing up their family are embarrassing. Come on, man, that's crazy yea.
Speaker 2: And there's probably people saying that who ain't got no kids, especially science, because reality is, you know, we've all got buck on our fathers.
Speaker 4: At one point we're.
Speaker 5: Going to test it out that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 11: Yeah, but that's just man. I don't know. People just be like to talk.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 11: I don't know what's going on with this world. But I promise you any of my kids raise their hands that me or they Mama, I'm putting them down right there where they are.
Speaker 18: I didn't hear nobody talking bad about nobody.
Speaker 4: Can't nobody say to you I was wrong handed that situation in.
Speaker 11: A couple of comings, saying like he embarrassing the family, or why ain't messing with something like that. I just wanted to put that out there. These littles need to relax. Man, These streets ain't what it is.
Speaker 2: Also, you know what's in I didn't really get both with my dad, you know, physically, because my dad showed me that power early. Your dad let me know, my dad let me know. It wasn't a game earlier early. You don't even think about it, you know if.
Speaker 18: You no, I did this day. I think I had an attitude with my dad.
Speaker 12: One time he said something I had an attitude punched me dead my chest.
Speaker 8: I was the last time ever. It was crazy. Yeah, last time ever.
Speaker 12: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now.
Speaker 8: It's the Breakfast Club for morning.
Speaker 9: The Breakfast Club, it's a new is your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 8: Wait, whether you're mad.
Speaker 13: Or black, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 4: Call up now. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one.
Speaker 8: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Hey Mike, what's up?
Speaker 16: But this is Uber Mike Breakfast Club for the Morning.
Speaker 5: To y'all, Uber Mike, what's up? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 4: Brother?
Speaker 16: I got I gotta do the first I wanted to say. I want to thank y'all for fourteen years of hard service. You guys haven't inspired me to start a podcast, Uber Driver. It's called and just a driver on Spotify.
Speaker 12: Got to be And if you don't, you can actually do the interview in the call with people.
Speaker 6: Yes, it would be Doe are driving around talking.
Speaker 5: To people in the cameras filming, and while he's driving around.
Speaker 2: Don't I don't want to inspire people in that way. I want to inspire you to go to therapy, you know what I'm saying. I want to inspire you to, you know, do some things, but not the point.
Speaker 16: There's a lot of stories out here, Charlotte Man, I have a we have up to forty thousand rides, so we got stuff to talk about.
Speaker 6: So it's like taxi cab confessions.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 16: It's everything's stories for what people have gone through. It's a whole bunch of things now.
Speaker 11: Yeah, literally the eyes and airs of the streets.
Speaker 6: Are you making these people sign waivers that they agree.
Speaker 16: You're interview with people. We're talking to insurance agents reports, you know, the ports and have the insurance when you're driving a whole bunch of things that people are missing, and then your ratings as a passenger. Why sometimes it takes you a long time to get a ride of all those things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but are you making these people sign waves?
Speaker 5: Are they allowing me to I'm not interviewing people.
Speaker 16: I mean, I'm not interviewing people.
Speaker 4: I'm confused.
Speaker 2: We have the wait, you're confused, So what are you doing if you're not interviewing people?
Speaker 16: We're talking about like insurance, we're talking about what drivers go through. Do you know what driver?
Speaker 8: He's not calling an interview, he's calling a conversation.
Speaker 6: So you are you talking? Are you talking to these people?
Speaker 16: No, we're not talking to people, Charlemagne. We are talking to us like fellows, drivers.
Speaker 6: The driver, they're talking amongst each other.
Speaker 16: Okay, yes, yes, And last thing before I go, I wonder what you guys are happy holidays?
Speaker 5: Thank you sir.
Speaker 16: And then whoever you guys make you're a third person or whatever they have to pass the slander of the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Second, that's impossible.
Speaker 10: It's not that impossible.
Speaker 2: I think anybody the breakfast club pretty easy that it's impossible.
Speaker 16: What's that noble to say?
Speaker 14: Whoever?
Speaker 5: Y'all like, what's that she's ready for that?
Speaker 4: Would you like to find out?
Speaker 19: Laura?
Speaker 8: No, I know anything.
Speaker 17: Smile I be invited to.
Speaker 8: So we had I trust you and we had a talk.
Speaker 12: We had a segment called Slander the Breakfast Club, where people can call up in Slander the Breakfast Club, would like about the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: They can do it.
Speaker 17: Oh, we used to do that my old jobs.
Speaker 8: So they would have to call up and be able to slander you, and you'd have to be able to take it.
Speaker 17: We used to call a hit mail. Okay, that's like a well the way you laughed about.
Speaker 4: It, that Breakfast Club body is different.
Speaker 17: I know it happens. It's in the comments.
Speaker 8: Okay, Now they're different. They're different.
Speaker 12: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. If you need the vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is dj n V Cholamine the guy.
Speaker 5: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 5: Yes, indeed, the Brother Terrors Crawt. You're welcome.
Speaker 12: How you feeling fight those down July twenty ninth.
Speaker 4: Yes, you think it's gonna be your toughest fight.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 20: A lot of people ask me that every time I fight. I don't know until I get in the ring with them.
Speaker 5: How do you prepare for this fight?
Speaker 12: Are you prepared the same way or is there any different preparation for this one than any of the other fights that you've had?
Speaker 13: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Speaker 20: Just keep doing what I'm doing and everything else to play itself out.
Speaker 2: You got to make some adjustments though. This is this is Earl Spinch we talking about. This is this ain't no just this the guy that you had picked over.
Speaker 5: There picked him over.
Speaker 8: I remember, I remember.
Speaker 13: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't forget I got you got her, not because you're not great. I just think you know sts fights. I think I think I forgot it.
Speaker 13: Definitely.
Speaker 4: You feel pressure going into this fight.
Speaker 20: Not at all, not at all. This is my moment, this is my time. That's what I've been waiting for in the world. Gonna see July twenty ninth.
Speaker 12: I always talk about you know, nowadays it feels like everybody wants to be undefeated, right, Does that put more pressure on you? Because I think Floyd kind of did it with his fifty and O. But back then, you lose a fight, it was fine. I see you in the rematch and it was okay. It wasn't cool. But now it seems like when you lose a fight now everybody's like, oh, it's washed, it's over.
Speaker 13: I don't think I never felt any pressure.
Speaker 20: I put my O on the line numerous of times with whoever they put in front of I called out the best fighters in each division that I've ever been in. Floyd have made it kind of hard for people to take a loss and keep going because so many people want to be like Floyd, and so many people was attracted to Floyd and follow Floyd's career, and they felt as if you wasn't like Floyd, then you wasn't that that guy.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 20: But people lose, people come back, styles make fights, like he said, and things happen. I never thought that a loss can define a fighter in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Floyd's one of the best ever do it. But why just look at Floyd? Why people don't look at Ali? You know, Lennux Floyd, all these break have lost, Sugar Leon, like Tommy hearn They've all lost.
Speaker 20: Because times has changed and social media have took an over. So when Tommy Hearns and Ali and all those great fighters that came before us, they didn't have to deal with the politics, they didn't have to deal with social media slandering the men doing this and doing that to impress people.
Speaker 13: So it's kind of different.
Speaker 12: You feel like you don't get the respect that you deserve when it comes to a lot of these fights, like even with you know Charlamage saying he thinks Arrow's gonna beat you, Like, do you feel like ut of this?
Speaker 6: It's just boxing, It's just boxing at the end of the day.
Speaker 5: Don't back down.
Speaker 13: Now you're gonna lose, definitely, definitely.
Speaker 5: But do you feel like you don't get the respect that you deserve?
Speaker 13: Always?
Speaker 4: Always?
Speaker 5: Why is that?
Speaker 20: But how great I am? I look at all the great fighters that came before me. None of them got their respect until a they lost or they retired. Nobody gave Floyd his respect until he retired, then they realized how great he was. A lot of people didn't give Ali his respect. A lot of people didn't give Roy Jones his respect until they lost or they retired. Why the lost part, I don't know, because I guess when one as loss or took in defeat to another great fighter, they feel as if this fighter is not invincible. So they can feel as if he's on the level. Now, well we brought him down to earth. Now we can laugh at him.
Speaker 13: Now we can praise him for all the good things that he's done.
Speaker 2: Oh, I guess yea e. Earl said your record was inflated. What is that word inflated?
Speaker 20: Well, listen, he can say all those type of things, but when you look at who I fought and who he fought, and you look at what I've done to him, you know it's no comparison.
Speaker 6: Did you just I think I pronounced his name right? Did he beat you in amages.
Speaker 13: Your guinness UTAs Ugus? Yeah, he beat me and the amateurs.
Speaker 2: And then Earl stopped him in the tenth ron when they fought. So Ugus said, there's no way you can beat Earl if Earl fights you the way he fought him. So does it matter if he beat someone who defeated you.
Speaker 20: Never listen, You're talking about a fight that happened when I was eighteen years old.
Speaker 13: I was a little kid.
Speaker 5: I was a little boy.
Speaker 20: You know that same little boy is no way shape form fashion the same little boy, you know what I mean, the grown man that I am today. When I fought Ugust, I probably had like forty fights. Ugusts probably had hundreds coming from Cuba, and you know they fighting all the national I mean international tournaments, national tournaments all that. You know, So he had more experience at the time, so I wouldn't base him beat me at eighteen. On a professional fight, we don't have no headgear on, We're fighting with smaller gloves, We're fighting longer rounds, longer minutes.
Speaker 13: In the rounds.
Speaker 20: So it's a lot of things that goes into fighting an amateur fight and fighting a professional fight. So a lot of people say, oh, well, you lost to Ugis and this and that. A lot of people lost to a lot of people in the amateur and look what happened in a professional ranking. A lot of people can say, oh, with Terrence, you lost to this guy, you lost to that guy. Okay, well, all the guys that I lost to in the amateurs, compare their career and professional to my career.
Speaker 2: Real what did you learn from those losses that you were able to take in your professional career that kept you has kept undefeated.
Speaker 20: Well, a lot of things. I learned how to cope with certain styles. I learned how to capitalize on the things that I was doing wrong. So you just go back to the drawing board and fix the problem that that you had that led you to get the loss. You got to learn from it. And I felt like I learned from all my losses. I got stronger, I got wiser, I got more experience that led me to be the person that I am today in a professional ranking.
Speaker 2: Did you watch this fight, the fight between spencon Yugas, of course, and what did you think about it?
Speaker 13: It was a good fight. Errol did good, Ugus did good, and uh it.
Speaker 4: Was a good fight.
Speaker 8: Now that fight was what twenty twenty one?
Speaker 4: I thought it was last year.
Speaker 12: Now he hasn't important in over a year. So does that give you the advantage of disadvantage? What's your daughter?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 20: I don't even look at that like that. You know, he came off a longer layoff prior to that, been in a car accident, and he came back and he looked as strong.
Speaker 13: He looked the good.
Speaker 20: So I'm not banking on him not being in the ring for him to come rusty or anything. He's a professional. You know how to fight, So come fighting out. He'll be ready, just like I will.
Speaker 8: All right when we come back. We got more with Terrence Crawfit.
Speaker 12: His fight with Ero Spence goes down July twenty ninth on Showtime, So don't move.
Speaker 5: It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Good morning, the Breakfast Club and Charlomagne, the guy we all lay off this club.
Speaker 5: He's still kicking it with boxing. Terrence Crawfit.
Speaker 12: He's fighting Erro Spence July twenty ninth, on Showtime, Charlamagne.
Speaker 2: When you say you fixed fix your prime was what problems did you fix after the game bollfight?
Speaker 13: I don't know. You can't, okay, I ain't giving you too much.
Speaker 5: What about due from looked away? Do you do? You do you feel like that was a knockdown?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 13: I don't.
Speaker 20: I feel as if he pushed me as you as you could see, you know, as soon as the ref said fight, I stepped right to him. You know, he very strong, very strong, explosive, good fighter, technical. You know that's a fight that you could say. I wasn't listening to my my coaches in my corner, and I was more emotional in that fight because I felt as if I had something to prove. I went in there looking for the knockout. I didn't want to box. I didn't want to use my skills. I just want to, you know, fight. That's what happens when you go in there and fight the wrong fight.
Speaker 12: What's gonna stop you from doing at this time because you can't do that again, because you want, because I know you want to prove yourself.
Speaker 8: I know you want to knock knock out out.
Speaker 6: You can't.
Speaker 2: He's big, He's naturally bigger than you. He's strong, he's the big guy. He's the big bad wolf. I didn't heard it all. He's strong, he's this, he's.
Speaker 13: That, he's this that. So can he get hurt?
Speaker 20: You're a man, So what's going to stop him from banging with me?
Speaker 2: I'm not a culture in your corner, but I wouldn't ask, I wouldn't suggest you bang with him.
Speaker 5: Why. I think I think he's.
Speaker 8: Trying to say he's not as powerful.
Speaker 5: We're trying to say.
Speaker 13: What you're trying to say?
Speaker 8: What are you trying to say? Trying to say he's not as powerful?
Speaker 2: He's as strong as he what? Clearly us be clear, Arrence Prophet is amazing.
Speaker 8: We know that what he does. What you say.
Speaker 20: What I'm saying is why do you view that? And how do you know? I don't what makes you? What makes you? What makes you think that?
Speaker 6: Probably the size?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you can hurt him, is what I'm saying. I've seen you hurt people before. I don't know if you can hurt somebody his side. Did he get hurt his last fight?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 13: Do you think I hear harder than his last opponent, yes, case clok.
Speaker 8: But you got to get to him though, So you're saying this man can't get to him, that's.
Speaker 5: What you're saying. I'm just saying, you gotta get to him. You gotta get in there to do it.
Speaker 20: Okay, Well, getting in there is to get between the ropes, right, and we're in there right, it's gonna be a great fight.
Speaker 12: So when you speak to people like that, right, what stops you from saying you're not getting emotion?
Speaker 8: Be like, you know what, trying something.
Speaker 12: Because obviously there's a lot of people like Charlamagne that that feels.
Speaker 6: That's not that's not no, it's no, it's not act like he's an underdog.
Speaker 8: He is kind of an underdog the way you're talking.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's about I think people think it could go either way. This is this My man reads a great box and guy. He says, if you win, no problem. My boll says, you win no problem either. Debates I've been having since the fight's.
Speaker 8: Been but Charlamage. Don't feel that way.
Speaker 20: What is it?
Speaker 4: That is true? That is absolutely true, that's true.
Speaker 2: Have you thought about how you would deal with a loss in case it does happen?
Speaker 20: No, I don't. I don't think about things like that. You know, my mind is just clear.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 13: Things happen. They happen, you know, but we parent for the victory. That's it. You know, all you're gonna lose, Na, we don't think what's.
Speaker 8: Wrong with you?
Speaker 19: All?
Speaker 8: Gonna ask have you prepared for a loss?
Speaker 3: Of you?
Speaker 2: What kind of That's the same question that you kind of asked, what the having the zero record?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 2: You know, some people lose, some people don't. So if you do lose, have you thought about how you prepare for that?
Speaker 13: Well, we don't. We don't prepare for that.
Speaker 6: Would you ever fight Yugus again? And the pros just to do it?
Speaker 4: For?
Speaker 13: What? What will I be getting out of it? Right now?
Speaker 20: At this stage of my career, I'm looking for things that benefit. When I fought Ugus, he was undefeated, he was top contender, Olympian, he had all the accolade. After I beat him, everybody was land during them all. He green machine. He did see that he fight a guy that nobody knows. Just because you didn't know him, that don't mean that he wasn't a good fighter. Just because you don't know him, that doesn't mean that you know. He deserved to be where he was because he was my mandatory. Just like when I just fought Avenezian, he was writing number six in the division. But everybody was mad that I took that fight because things wasn't right with the Arol Spence and my negotiation.
Speaker 13: So people is mad, can't get mad. Things didn't happen for a reason.
Speaker 20: But now we hear everybody got to fight that they wanted in July twenty ninth, We're gonna go out there and put on the show.
Speaker 1: Earl.
Speaker 4: I think it was against you.
Speaker 8: He did.
Speaker 2: He did get hurt a little bit, but he still stopped him in the tenth round, So you could still hurt him, you still get stopped. I'm just saying. I'm just saying I look for I can't wait to see it. Though you're gonna be there.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not gonna be there.
Speaker 13: Come on, man, you did all that talking years ago and you ain't gonna be there.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be watching it from home. I know how you guys from home omahaga. Now I want to watch the fighting piece, you.
Speaker 8: Know, But we appreciate you for joys. What's the last time he a civilia? And shut up right now?
Speaker 13: Nah nah, we don't do that. We don't do that.
Speaker 5: Why are you doing that?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 2: Just making sure all respect for Terres. We're just talking boxing. It's just like picking up picking a sporting event. It is picking picking the winner.
Speaker 4: That's you said.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm not sure if you can bang how hardy can here that.
Speaker 2: I said, there's probably ten other people you can name. I'll pick butt over. But it's it's a different type of animal. All I'm saying, do you rise to the level of your competition? Do I Have you watched my career? Absolutely, that's your answer.
Speaker 8: Okay one time, just lose jab just shut up, all right?
Speaker 5: Is Terrence Crawford.
Speaker 12: Ladies and gentlemen, don't forget to tune in and get your paper. I view July twenty ninth, And we appreciate you for joining.
Speaker 2: Us because you think about stuff like pay per view numbers that you can't I can't.
Speaker 13: That's all of our control.
Speaker 20: Yeah, you know, you got the people that have the web site to steal the fights and stuff like that, and stuff that you can't control.
Speaker 13: You just go in there and focus on things that you can control.
Speaker 2: And I feel like that's come a thing now, like that's become a stat that people brag about.
Speaker 6: Now fighters, they're like, who cares well for your money?
Speaker 4: Your pockets? Of course?
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, well listen, you know, the bigger than numbers, the bigger you know, you become or that's why Floyd was money made Weather because of the numbers that he was producing.
Speaker 13: That's why everybody wanted to fight him.
Speaker 20: That's why every time he stepped foot in the ring, he demanded what he demanded because he knew what he was gonna draw. So yeah, absolutely, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Well there you have.
Speaker 8: It is Terrence Crawld for good luck on your fight. July twenty ninth. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody's CDMJ MV.
Speaker 12: Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we were talking about the topic. We were talking behind the scenes. Now behind the scenes. It actually started from Charlamage Donkey yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yes because during Donkey of Today, a young man robbed a woman at gunpoint, and while he was robbing her, he made her follow him on Facebook and actually hit her up and they were going back and forth. Then he you know, wanted to go on a date with her and told her she was He's sorry he had the robb her.
Speaker 6: She's too pretty to be robbed.
Speaker 2: And I'm sitting there thinking like he's only thinking she likes him because she replied to him on Facebook.
Speaker 4: He's he's too stupid.
Speaker 2: And clearly too arrogant ton not realize he's getting lined up to get arrested. But it made me think like, why can't men, you know, why can't a woman give a man a compliment? Just look in a man's direction without the man thinking, hey man, that woman wants me.
Speaker 12: I mean, I just think that's how society is and how people see things. I feel like if a woman compliments a guy goes out of her way to say something looks nice or something looks good, or I think that is you know, I think that leaves the door for you know, maybe a conversation.
Speaker 4: You know what I think a compliment is. But a compliment like.
Speaker 5: That, why tell y'all like your shirt.
Speaker 2: If I tell y'all like your sneakers, it's because I like your shirt and I like your sneakers, like simple as that, Like it has nothing to do with anything else.
Speaker 6: And I don't know why men don't understand that.
Speaker 8: I disagree. And I think the same thing with men.
Speaker 12: I think if a man compliments a woman, it's not because he's just like, oh, that's a dope shirt. I think a lot of times it's because he wants to kind of just holler and see if the door's open.
Speaker 2: I remember that, mister married man. Remember that next time you tell a woman you like her sneakers. You know what I mean, don't you don't tell a woman you like her.
Speaker 12: I know only if I compliment somebody, somebody that we all know, don't, I don't. I'll never step by like, hey ma, you got some dope kicks on.
Speaker 8: I don't do it.
Speaker 2: No, that's not true, because like sometimes you might see a girl with a nice hair, dude like love.
Speaker 18: I love dreadlocks, you know what I mean. I'm like, y'all like your dregs now.
Speaker 12: I will say that if I do see a nice hair, and I might say, hey, who did your head because I would love my my wife would probably love my daughter's head to look like that.
Speaker 5: It's the truth.
Speaker 4: It's the truth.
Speaker 2: It's just still a compliment. There's nothing wrong with giving people compliments. Man intension, Brandon. Brandon stepped to the mic for a second. Brandon step to the mic, Brandon brand organic connection.
Speaker 8: If a woman pays you a compliment, does that open the door. And what I said was he better not pay me no compliment, because I'm gonna go for it.
Speaker 2: Brandon, How old are you, Brandon? I'm seven years Brandon, it is twenty seven years old. He don't know no better yet. Okay, he's young. He's hot, he's horny at all the time. No woman can look his way, and he thinks the woman want him. You know what I mean, Deverie.
Speaker 5: Women that be coming in this building, they're paying Brandon no attention.
Speaker 2: And he'd be like, I think I got a shot, rubbing his chest.
Speaker 5: I think I got a shot money, I think I got a shot.
Speaker 2: He really said he had a shot with Red.
Speaker 5: I got shot with Think I got a shot with your cousin. Put me down with his cousin.
Speaker 12: But now, Brandon, if you give a woman a compliment, Are you opening the door for maybe trying to holler as well?
Speaker 8: Yeah, if they're not a friend of the worker.
Speaker 12: If you see a woman in the street and you're like, nice shirt, you're not saying nice shirt because if it's a stranger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, twenty's seven. He don't know no better.
Speaker 2: You can give people compliments and nothing be behind it. Taking from somebody who's a sex symbol. Bro, I've been unbelievably handsome my whole life, cat every ever since I was a little kid.
Speaker 4: Older women women.
Speaker 2: My age, Oh you're so handsome, you're so cute. Is that I can't have thought about it. It's never been anything other than anything you say.
Speaker 5: That's a goddamn line. Hello, who's this hey, geechee?
Speaker 10: Good morning, good morning, good morning?
Speaker 12: Now geechee, What do you think if a woman pays you a compliment? Is that opening the door to have a conversation?
Speaker 10: At least now we all know nowadays these women they don't want to talk to nobody but woman. The compliment with your outfit or your apperience periods opened.
Speaker 11: Up her line.
Speaker 4: Man, if y'all don't married.
Speaker 10: So yeah, yeah, he can't really even speak on this.
Speaker 5: And be out the game too. He should be. I am, I am out the game.
Speaker 2: I just think y'all sound ridiculous thinking that just because a woman says you gives you a compliment that she wants you.
Speaker 12: Say she wants you, but she's opening the door for a conversation at least a minimum.
Speaker 8: No, she's not, Yes she is.
Speaker 10: Man, you go to the club. These days, women aren't even trying to say two words to you. So if they look at a video, compliment the door coversation.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not a mistake y'all making right now talking to but go to the women. If we're gonna go to women, go to some women, that's the women. How how are we talking about what women?
Speaker 8: But I'm ast sewing you what what guys feel like?
Speaker 5: When I know guys feel that way, but we stupid? You right, go to the women?
Speaker 8: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 8: Christy?
Speaker 5: Good Hey Christy the bus driver?
Speaker 8: Good morning, how you doing?
Speaker 16: Happy birthday?
Speaker 2: Charlomagne, Thank you, queen, Appreciate you now, Christy.
Speaker 12: If you compliment a guy, right, a compliment of guy's outfit clothes, sneakers, kicks, are you opening the door for at least the conversation.
Speaker 6: No, thank you.
Speaker 15: I'm a bunch driver and exact what people all day, and I may I'm not.
Speaker 4: Gay, true indeed.
Speaker 12: Okay, but if you compliment a guy, Let's see, you see a nice, handsome guy trying to convince you walking on the bus.
Speaker 8: You say, hey, that's a nice shirt. You don't think that? Okay, that's opening the door for at least a conversation.
Speaker 16: It might open up conversation.
Speaker 15: He might come back to Marvel and be like, oh, you was the one that said I had a nice turned one.
Speaker 16: So he's.
Speaker 12: Might say, but but you're complimenting him because you you know, you think he's handsome.
Speaker 5: Right, why are you trying to sway to jurry?
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna take this.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Christy?
Speaker 15: All right, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 8: How are you feeling this morning?
Speaker 5: Tabitha?
Speaker 15: I am Phil Bliss.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 12: Now we're talking about if you compliment a man, right, does that open the door for a conversation.
Speaker 15: I don't believe.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 15: I'm a real estate booker and I was complimenting a builder on his work. We went and we purchased the property from the dirt, and then he built up boxy in three months. And I complimented to his wife, who is the other agent on the other side, and so the product was sold, and then I needed her again and she's like not responding to me because I complimented her husband and I said, he did such a good job, he's so awesome, he's great, and I really was meaning it, you know, in no way, just complimenting his product. And you won't call me back.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you exactly what happened in that situation.
Speaker 2: That man went to his wife and said, you were flirting with him.
Speaker 5: I gee, I guarantee it, yo. Man, you that yo, she was flirting with me.
Speaker 13: Yo.
Speaker 5: All you did was compliment him on his work.
Speaker 2: But he took it as oh, she want me, and so he want to look like the man and his wife When he went to his wife and told his wife, you was flirting with him, guaranteed.
Speaker 15: Oh man, I mean that is totally not it. And I really need him for another client.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Men gotta stop leading with the ego because this is ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Hello, who's this? Ronnie from Turn eight for three was happening to my mother?
Speaker 8: Ronnie talked to a man.
Speaker 11: I don't feel like a woman. Don't you give me a compliment on my shirt or give me exactually flirting. I just feel like she's like my style how I come in. But I do feel like if I come back with a.
Speaker 16: Compliment and she kind of give me that laugh with that smirk, I can kind of get in the door man conversation.
Speaker 2: He took he took it somewhere else, like, meaning that she complimented your shirt, and then you replied back with something probably flirty.
Speaker 6: And then when she roll you know, I love.
Speaker 11: The town man.
Speaker 16: You give her that little smile.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But you replied back with something flirty.
Speaker 4: Laugh.
Speaker 5: You know that's right. When she when she replied to that energy, that's different.
Speaker 16: Just give me a compliment.
Speaker 11: I get that all the time in Chelseta, So I mean I appreciate I give it back, you know from the.
Speaker 16: Compliments.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, you know you know the most handsome men in the world exists from come from the low country.
Speaker 4: This is a fact.
Speaker 2: Cat, This is a This is a scientific fact. The most handsome men in the world are born in the eight four three.
Speaker 8: Lulu, Yes, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 15: It's filling from Miami how are you guys doing?
Speaker 5: How you feel and talk to us?
Speaker 13: So if good?
Speaker 12: If you see a cancerme young man and you like his shirt right and you say, hey, brother, that's a that's a nice shirt that you wearing. It fits well, is that opening the door for conversation, Lulu, Let's be.
Speaker 15: Honest, Yes it is. It depends on the environment. But it could be flirting, it could be breaking the eyes, being approachable.
Speaker 14: Towards the person.
Speaker 5: See thank you, Yarna.
Speaker 15: I want to say happy birthday to you a big time from Miami.
Speaker 18: And you're right, everybody from.
Speaker 2: Florida's everybody is for Florida is crazy and you crazy for thinking that every man that compliments you want to hogler at you.
Speaker 15: No, I do say that depends on the environment.
Speaker 2: But see those different caveats environment, whether you like the person we're just talking about random walking down the street, Lulu, you got on something from Lululemon.
Speaker 4: Hey, I like what you wearing? Bom. That don't mean I want to.
Speaker 16: Holler thank you.
Speaker 4: That's it simple as that.
Speaker 12: Now, if he's handsome, then you go back and double back and be like, thank you so much, and then you start talking about him. Yes, see, thank you he's not handsome, so he don't get that.
Speaker 8: He don't understand that.
Speaker 2: That's all I've been getting my whole I came out the womb handsome man.
Speaker 5: I got that look.
Speaker 6: Bro, Okay, I'm a handsome individual man.
Speaker 8: What's what's the mail of the story?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 2: Morel of the story is you stupid ass men. Women don't want y'all just because they compliment your shirt. Women don't want y'all just because they tell you nice sneakers. All right, stop it, knock it off.
Speaker 5: Jesus.
Speaker 8: All right, it's the Breakfast lun Good Morning, the.
Speaker 4: Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Knowning everybody's TJ MV.
Speaker 12: Charlamagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. He got a special guests in the building to talk.
Speaker 8: In New York. Yes, right, Tony yayo.
Speaker 3: Not had to bring it back, right, whatever you feel man had to bring it back. I'm feeling good man running around on y'all show.
Speaker 2: I feel like you got a second win, yo, Like it's been a second win, third win.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I'll see the way fifty work and I'm like yo, when he always be like yo, y'all lazy, y'all lazy, And I'm just realizing, like I thought I was working when I wasn't. So during the COVID it was just like a tough time, Like I'm sitting back, wasn't no tours.
Speaker 4: I'm like, y, I gotta figure out other things to do.
Speaker 3: So I started doing the music and then I started, you know, messing with flat TV, and I just started realizing when you put your presence out there to all these younger generation, the new kids that really don't know us, they know g Unit or some people do.
Speaker 4: Remember like when I go on tour.
Speaker 3: It'd be like, yeah, my father used to play on my mom's to play check Unit, so it passed down to that generation. So I'm going to my own tours and you know, I'm just making myself valuable. Man, putting that work in fifty. Did that upset you when you heard fifty sad y'all was lazy?
Speaker 6: Nah?
Speaker 3: Not Even that motivates me because at a point sometimes you do get lazy our careers. We was kind of spoiled. Think about it. We had fifty where he was doing everything for us. So as for like when we was coming out, you have the young guns. For instance, I remember Harvan saying Jay is not gonna do what fifty does for young guns. He was saying it in front of their face. Y'all got fifty, like fifty was, you know, help us be in the videos. Second bag for that when he dropped he when he sold eleven million records, he dropped bag for mercy. You know what I'm saying. I was in jail, you know, him and m Andem was shotting me out. So I always show my love to him. I know how fifty is he You know, y'all the same sign. Y'all crazy, you know. So it's all good.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 4: But it just motivated me to work because I see how he worked.
Speaker 3: Will be on tour, He'll leave tour to go on movie set, go back, go to the gym twice a day.
Speaker 4: I'm tired, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, the free Aal movement was a movement within this helf. Like, I don't think we talk about about that, and I don't know why. Randomly, I was thinking the other day about when they shouted you out of there.
Speaker 3: I think it was the Grand It was Eminem and that's why I always shout out Eminem. You know what I'm saying, because he didn't have to do that. I was on right because allen ce seventy three too low?
Speaker 12: Now this move right here, this this hand in front of the face. Where did that move come from? Because you know, of course we've known you doing that for years. Where did that come to?
Speaker 3: That really came because I was on the run like I was at that point when we was in the club, I was running like fifty was like yo, he said to me. You know we had this judge, Judge Wong and queens everybody knowing no joke, and he was like, yo, what are you gonna do. You're gonna go to court, but go on tour. We're blowing up now. Mixtapes are crazy, just playing us everywhere. I'm like, yo, I'm running.
Speaker 2: So when you're John Cena, just I guess jacket, John Cena gives you credit.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 3: John Cena said, his little brother, I believe did it, and his little brother did him to do it, and I guess he did it in the match.
Speaker 4: And it just got.
Speaker 8: Crazy when you see the Reese do or what did you think?
Speaker 4: She made it? She took it to a whole other level.
Speaker 3: She brought it back, had me trending for shelter, She had me trending for you know, the whole week.
Speaker 6: And they did it before her, right, yeah, So it.
Speaker 3: Was just like I mean, with that situation was crazy because like you said, the black girl did it and it was a problem then when beforehand it was Yeah, it was a problem. So I addressed that, you know what I mean. I talked about that too. That's crazy for that on when we playing ball in the hood, you know, it's competitive.
Speaker 4: Whatever you do when you do your call shows, you in competition.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: I see you go at people here. Y'all got the best call shows in the world. None of y'all can mess with me. I don't know how you get all these calls.
Speaker 8: You said it not me, But.
Speaker 4: I told fifty you might as well just leave all his cars with you.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 12: You know, Fifth calls me and he'd be like, let me get the call and I'll give him back his call.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 12: I usually have his Lambo or his Rolls Royce and he driving for one day and then it sits and then he loses the key and then I got to go get it again.
Speaker 4: But meAll playing around, I.
Speaker 8: Want to go back, right, I know. Yeah, you a long time.
Speaker 12: Where do you think in your career happened where you didn't go to that next level, right? And I asked Fifty that and he said he thinks it was the picking up the wrong single.
Speaker 5: What do you what do you think it was interesting?
Speaker 4: I think it was just a lot of drama with in the Scope when I came home.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You had fifty he was Curtis, I'm Curtis in the Scope Jackson, you know, and Jimmy Ivian. You know, you had game flipping. I just get rid of him, you know, fifty so more reckless than the moment whatever.
Speaker 4: It was like.
Speaker 3: It was like it was like a war in our own house because you had record, you had the social decor.
Speaker 5: We had the wrong thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, I had social Doctor you don't love me? I had I Know you don't love me?
Speaker 3: And pimping right, But you gotta remember I came in the midst of the fifty in the Scope drama can he was, I'm my own boss, you know how to you know how so I think sometimes and at that point we had so many enemies. It was like we wasn't getting a feature or nothing like you wasn't like we came to a point where we never used anybody, Like it was just me Banks and fifty. You know, fifty never looked to do features with nobody, So you know how it is. It felt like everybody was against us at that point because nobody really messed with fifteen industry, like that'll mess with us.
Speaker 2: Didn't feel better now because I saw you out about the other day and like it was you and Pistol p and Uncle Murdon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, feel better, it feel It feels good to have no drama with Fat Joe because Fat Joe I was I was always a fan of Fat Joe Jell just want.
Speaker 4: To envy, you know, he was a real one. Pistol Pe he cool.
Speaker 3: So it's like you get older and a lot of stuff was just just hip hop.
Speaker 2: And I saw you say that was the realest beef g unit. Yeah, I guess you call that a compliment. That's a big compliment. I don't I don't look at the jah ruth thing.
Speaker 4: It's like real.
Speaker 6: But y'all had street beef, get the right, y'all had beef with Yeah.
Speaker 3: I look at I look at them. I look at like the preams the world. I look at those kind of guys or like the real beefs, the Jimmy Henchman strolls with like the real beefs where it got real with the street eyes. But industry wise you said terror Squad was yeah, industry wise terrorist squad.
Speaker 6: Okay, why what makes that?
Speaker 4: What makes it?
Speaker 3: Because I don't know. It's just a whole bunch of crazy Spanish dudes. Man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: What was the crazy story that you was like, we might not make it out of here.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say we were scared, but I could say it was the Vibe Awards when we seen Shook Knight and Earth got h and they walked past the trailer. It is what it is. We in New York, but we in La. You know what I'm saying. We New York dudes, We in La. You know what I'm saying. So you see Shook Knight. You always heard about this guy, you know TV magazines, but you know I never had in the club was the first running, but this was the second. So he walks past the trailer with Earth and fifty. Just look at James Cruise. James Cruse, you know, shout to him. He was a little James Scrus is always in a situation industry guy. He got to run around with fifty bulletpoof veesses. You know, Chris Lightdy was in the trenches. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: So he just tapped James CRUs and say, Yo, go buy twenty knives.
Speaker 8: Go by twenty knops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just go to the Hallway store. I'm like, that's what we're gonna do. Just seem you know, they.
Speaker 5: Might get crazy.
Speaker 3: It was about twenty to fifteen or something like that. So James Cruse goes to the Hallway store by twenty knives. He gives the bags fifty hand in them ount and then you know when we got there, we had beef with Fat Joe. At that point, we doctor Dre's there, so you know that's obviously a beef for shig Knight.
Speaker 4: Shig Knight got like some.
Speaker 3: Crazy looking Compton looking dudes with him, you know what I'm saying. So it just you felt the energy to where we had our chairs like this watching the show, watch.
Speaker 4: Watching the show.
Speaker 3: We had this like yo, you felt the energy like you felt something was gonna go down. And that's when you know we wasn't taking pictures back then, So I guess he has Dre for the autograph. Pops on Dre Drake falls, but he alday might even get up start popping on him.
Speaker 4: And it just got crazy.
Speaker 3: Now I started coming from everywhere, and that's when you know, one of the dudes got stabbed.
Speaker 2: So my question is if there was twenty knins, how come only Young Buck didn't stab him?
Speaker 3: No, that that dude got stabbed in the chest. Young Buck stabbed him with the funk. I don't know where that got that.
Speaker 4: I don't know where you.
Speaker 3: Just came with the fault nobody knife. No, but no, I don't know. That's why I was tripping. I know I had one. Everybody else did you know what I'm saying? But Buck, matter of fact, him and Banks was backstage. They was about to perform, and he just came with the fun as soon as they started talking that time when they started, we went back to the mansion after that happened because the kid got stabbed in the chests, he collapsed. Everything, the fuk wasn't nothing. And we got back to the mansion and it was on the news. It was like attempted murder young Buck. Young Buck was like, I ain't do that, mate, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Switch up with that time that's why I've been staying out the truck.
Speaker 3: Was like, I ain't do that, man, because young Buck hit him with the fuck he ain't stabbing him in the chest.
Speaker 5: He kind of ran with the story though, didn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, come on, man, rappers many all right?
Speaker 12: We got more with Tony yayo when we come back. Matter of fact, let's get into a classic Yao record? Can we get into so seductive? It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning.
Speaker 20: J n V.
Speaker 8: Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 5: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Our co host p Scott is here and we're still kicking it with Tony Yao.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 12: For people that don't know, there was a time wh y'all were all strained, right, gu and he wasn't talking to fifty to fifty, wasn't talking to genu. What happened during that time? And then what got you back together?
Speaker 3: I'm always talking to fifty fifty just I'm used to fifties character because he's blue. He's a crazy cancer like Charlamagne, so I'm used to him. He used to be on the block, you know. I remember one day fifty Wheelians he fell off his bike and told yo. He was like yo, nobody better laugh. Everybody started laughing. Nobody been laughing at me. I'm punched out of your face. So I know him from being on the block. I know him better than anybody. Banks is a little younger. So Banks was, you know, high school. He went to August Martin. Buck is from Cashville and Game is from Kelly, La. But once money and ego get involved, you know how dudes start acting. Everybody's their own boss in the way, and sometimes it get to their head. For me, it was different. I got out of jail and I'm like, y'all living battery park. I could see it's statue of liberty, so I'm open. I'm like, wow, rakers allen to this, thanks fifth. So I always had that loyalty because I'm coming fresh out of jail, Like yo, we blew up.
Speaker 6: You also never seem to have a sense of entitlement.
Speaker 3: Ah, I don't. I'm like, I'm good. I got a couple of houses, i made some good money, I traveled the Earl. I'm like on my four fifth passport.
Speaker 4: I'm humble. You know.
Speaker 3: I ain't got as much cars as Envy, but I got a few, a few, you know. But but for me, I'm like, yo, we all make money. I don't see Fifth like, for instance, I'm gonna say it buck like Buckle go on tour. You know what I'm saying. We wasn't familiar with money, how to save money? We black dudes from from the hood, you know, like you're going to your spend two fifty, right, and then later on you have that grace period because you're in another tax bracket, right, so you'll be you got to pay that with maybe a year and a half, maybe two years later that money, and I might not be there your fifth, Can I ball to fifty? I got a tax problem? How many times you think a person gonna do that for you?
Speaker 2: That's really the one thing I think Fifty dropping the ball with you, Yeah, is why you ain't in none of these TV shows.
Speaker 5: Man. You just got that natural personality.
Speaker 3: You know what you do it? No, I want to do it. But I looked at it like this. If he put all his friends in power, it wouldn't be yeah, all right, cool, good like yeah, see watch this Fifth put me in something.
Speaker 4: Charl said it.
Speaker 5: Have you asked?
Speaker 4: No, No, I don't be pressing Fifth. He done enough for me.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying like I was going to fifth, y'all I need a half a million, bro, I got you quarter million?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 4: Got you?
Speaker 6: Come on, bro, I.
Speaker 3: Can't keep trusting him for half a million. Yeah, I've seen him do it for a buck two year buck. I need I need a quarter? Oh ahead, man, I got got you.
Speaker 8: What's your relationship with Banks?
Speaker 4: Banks Is my brother? I talked to him the other day.
Speaker 8: Are they ever gonna mind that?
Speaker 3: I'll stay I'll stay out because Fifth is you know, Fifth is Fifth? Fifth is crazy. I just know how to deal with him, you know what I'm saying. From South Jamaica, he's been like that, like you gotta think. On the block, twelve years old, never knew who his father was. Moms got killed. He's selling drugs with all with dudes twice his age, these dudes like eighteen nineteen, you know what I'm saying. So he came up different. I had a mother and father. You know, I was supposed to be a good kid. Actually, but you know the streets my neighborhood, there was no road models.
Speaker 4: Everybody's so drugs. That's how you got the name Yaloe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, being't on the block. My father used to Chase me off the block, Haitian parents. You know, play my parents, don't play chase me off the pot. Did you really want to rap?
Speaker 6: That was just you saw you saw working for fifty, Like you know, I'm a track.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I mean I was on the block, and you know I used to be in the parties with my man, Fat Shot DJ Ruffians and we used to go, you know, freaky toys from my hood. So we used to always get on the mic and play around and freestyle of my man basement.
Speaker 4: And you know, I just started rapping.
Speaker 3: But you know, I never thought fifty was gonna sell eleven million records. We'd be in the house listening to get rich of I try and dude, just like you know what I'm say, But I always seen a vision. I'm like, nah, this is five fifties the next one. You know, I'm I'm a music guy. Like I used to go to the AVM by MV tapes, Clue Tapes, Dog Time, grand Master vict.
Speaker 4: All of it because it cleans his music.
Speaker 6: And people really av tapes.
Speaker 12: Yes, okay, now people hot Wax.
Speaker 3: He know, we used to go to Hot Wax get the tapes, you know, because you gotta remember Clue and Envy went from It went from blends because we used to It used to be all about Blens, Grand Master vict Dog, Dirty Harry, and then they just went it went to playing exclusives and that was you and Clue.
Speaker 4: That's how they changed the game.
Speaker 3: Him and Clue played exclusive records like a NADS free style or this free style of that.
Speaker 4: You ever got mad at them for leaking and they of y'all records.
Speaker 3: Nah, because the bootleggers made us at that point, the DJ's made us because we was getting played everywhere we go to the bootleggers. You know, sometimes dudes w want to beat up the bootleggers and fifty be like, wow, why you're doing that.
Speaker 4: It's spread in the world. We had mixtapes everywhere you go.
Speaker 5: Nobody we know the conversation nobody has.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what Dirty Harry and all of them did, and we know what y'all did. But the artists like with you and it did and they were one of the first said did in the locks. They took the mixtape, gave to another level the way y'all started doing mixtape.
Speaker 3: Right, But we we wasn't stopping. We just we had a mixtape every week. Remember I remember when Ja Ru dissed us and we was an eminem studio and we did semi automatic gunfire and that like that like killed y'all that that tape, whole tape killing Jaru shouted Jaru killed him, still killing him and.
Speaker 8: He said, shouting down, still killing Jesus. And have you ever ran in the job?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 3: Never nah, only only when you know the situation in the studio that was that way back. And I had like a cut on my hand that was like years ago. But to me, to me, you gotta understand, we think of Queen's I was in the streets for real, like I'm gonna keep it real, like I don't know what y'all was doing. I'm not from his neighborhood. My baby mom's just from his neighborhood. Pop over there in Woodhall. As for like seeing Niles come to the block with black dress e moneybags coming through, Like my block was legendary, one three four on God Brewer.
Speaker 4: It was legendary. Where everybody was outside.
Speaker 3: I was outside, so I never they said IRV God he was a DJ, but I've never been to a party where he DJ. I know the Rockaway Twins. I know Goldfingers, I know tape Master that brings the system everywhere, brand Master, vict babyj come on, Like, I never seen IRV do a party, and I didn't been to parties on the North Side, south Side everywhere. I never really seen them outside, like I wasn't known as a figure in the neighborhood, in any neighborhood.
Speaker 12: No disrespect, but I want to ask, you know, they've been trying to beat me up here the last two three weeks. Right if fifty and Wayne did it.
Speaker 2: I can't ask him how you gonna have Tony A or that he's gonna have an objective opinion.
Speaker 4: I think I think it's gonna be good.
Speaker 3: But I mean, you know, Wayne got a catalog to and Fifth got a catalog.
Speaker 8: I see now, I will say that there's a.
Speaker 3: Lot of records that they both have, so I mean it'll be a dog fight.
Speaker 2: It'll be good. Yo, YO said that, y'all. Don't say he said catalog. I find disrespectful. And they say get rich. You'll just take out Wayne's whole.
Speaker 4: Nah, you gotta go back and say that.
Speaker 12: You said you play eight songs off just I can play eight songs of get rich and that I trying because because Wayne does have a lot of songs, I say Wayne is a bigger artist when it comes to a rapper, Wayne has been doing this since what twelve thirteen times? But when it comes to cultural Influencewayne's.
Speaker 4: Bigger than all. I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think nothing was bigger than G Unit fifty, Eminem and Doctor. But you got to understand the element. Everything was crazy. It was crazy like we had video games that were selling, We had clothes that was selling. Do we have cereal, Adam, do we have cereal? I think we had cereal was selling. We had everything, socks like, everything was selling. And Eminem was what at sol sixty million, fifty eleven million?
Speaker 4: It was crazy, Like I don't.
Speaker 12: Think the one thing is Wayne has the Nicki Minas, he has the Drakes, he has the young money, he has a.
Speaker 4: Huge kid from that right Drake.
Speaker 12: And when it comes to those cultural hits, I don't think there's nothing bigger than the records that you play.
Speaker 5: For fifty.
Speaker 12: Like I said, you could pick any Wayne record and I will destroy that one record with the record.
Speaker 5: Pick one record.
Speaker 4: We had the street, we had the streets.
Speaker 3: You gotta know I'm talking about I'm talking about the mixtape where every nothing was playing. But no, I understand acting like Wayne didn't have this.
Speaker 12: But I'm just saying that when it comes to that cultural influence of how a record feels, I don't think about.
Speaker 4: Kids wearing bulletpoo vests in the suburbs, man.
Speaker 5: Kids wearing the rock star jeans.
Speaker 4: And that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: The dress, the legend where he started the dress right now, dress.
Speaker 3: But you gotta remember this. We was on Lil Wayne tour back in the days we started. He started way ahead.
Speaker 8: Of us.
Speaker 4: Started.
Speaker 2: If they had beef, people forget about that way that I'm pishing your vitamin water.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, oh, yeah, I remember that one. They cool.
Speaker 8: Now get.
Speaker 5: Holding.
Speaker 8: Everybody's the d J n V.
Speaker 5: Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club. Our co host be Scott.
Speaker 8: Is here and we're still kicking it with Tony Y Charlamagne.
Speaker 2: What about that stabbing when you talk you mentioned it briefly though, and Sony, Yeah, was it a real stabbing. It was a real stabbing. I'm gonna tell you what happened.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: We was in the studio and that was That's Sony, right, Sony. Remember they had the one across the street and they had the big building, the.
Speaker 8: Big buildings where everybody would say Michael Jackson would take all.
Speaker 4: The rooms, right right.
Speaker 3: So we walking in and at that time I think we seen why Cleft and you know, I think I think Scooter was there, was Haitian Jack, then Haitian Jack. We see them in the lobby. It's just me and fifty. Yeah, you know back yea, they was all in the lobby with Cleft. We've seen Clef and I think Prizewell was there too or whatever.
Speaker 4: So you know, we go.
Speaker 3: Upstairs, but we're not worried about Fifth. I swear have got fifth got I don't got nothing on me. Fifth got a four to fifth, No safety on them. We go upstairs. We got a session. So Clark Kent, his nephew ended up being a DJ Gizz. But Giz was not really a street dude. He was just a cool dude, you know, shout to Clark Kent. He was just like, yo, here, fifty, I got a DJ fore you Right. So we go in the studio we're supposed to record.
Speaker 4: Now. The studio is.
Speaker 3: Small, it's a small room and it's a small hallway. So in the next room is Toning Poke they working on beats, and me fifty and Gears is in the room with the enginet.
Speaker 4: Forgot what fifty was working on. I guess I'm gonna keep it real. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Before within sony, I think in my mind, I think prize Well said something like I don't know why, like he must you know what we he I think he said something keep it real. I don't think it's trust people trust me. That was the information that was you know what I mean that prize Well said something to Joa ruined him. So we in the room. You just hear boo boo boo commotion. These dudes come in like it's a movie, like yo, what's up now? But they ain't. It's no guns, nothing, it's nothing.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 3: All you see is crutches and like like stuff picked up from the studio. And I guess one of them had like a kitchen knight. So it was was Earth it No, it was Earth Brother. I think it was Black Child at that point, Joah, I think somebody else. But so we started to get it on. Nobody turned off the light. While we're getting it on, the light like turned off because you know how somebody bump into the switch. So we fighting. Everything is dark. You don't know what's going on. You just hit Melee. So all you heard was get the gun. You know, loft him because the gun was in the other room. That's why I said, joh Ruin. He wouldn't even be it. He would have been gone, Like our careers would have been totally different if that gun was in that room. And I swear on my dad father, like I'm telling you the truth. The gun was in the other room. I've seen it. You know what I'm saying with my own two eyes. They come in, we get it on boom boo boom, get the gun. They run out. Fifty or speak at one of them. I don't know if it was Earth brother whoever I seen him through speaking, said get the gun. Once they hurt, get the gun. Everybody started running out. But the gun was in the other room, and that was it. Fifty had a scratch on his back right and I got stabbed in my hands and my finger was like cut right here. So look it looked crazy because it was hanging a little bit. Well look this is all I got that and that that was it.
Speaker 2: You want to think about how blessed y'all are, because think about all the violence y'all escape, because I ain't never even heard about the shooting that happened before the young man got slapped, right, Nah.
Speaker 4: But house get yeah, yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 3: But I always looked at it like this, Bro, if I slapped your kid or your kid, what are you gonna You're gonna you got the right all gloves off and it's all good.
Speaker 2: But then y'all g unit officers got shot up before y'all missed A lot of bullets, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: I'm a crib like. It was a lot of bullets.
Speaker 4: You know, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: And I always think God like I always seen my prayers before I left the house, because I remember one day I had a plaque and people won't even believe his story, and a bullet fell out of it and my father found it.
Speaker 4: He was staying with me at the time.
Speaker 3: The next day, my mom's crib got shot up, or could have been the same day, like when my mom's creep got shut up.
Speaker 4: So I mean, you know, God is good, bro.
Speaker 3: A bullet like your plaque, a bullet like I had a fifty cent plat and it got bullets in it and it's above my door and my father found it. He's like, if somebody shut the house up. And I'm like, nah, it fell off the plaque. And the next day, like, my mom's crib got shot up. So you get signs, you know, to be low and you gotta move right, because one thing about us is we knew how to move like, all right, cool, if it's hot, cool, I'm good. Like when my mom's crib got shot up. I went out there and was looking to do stuff and fifty called me like, yo, bro, you're outside, you got something on you. You're bugging out. Bro, Use your brain, bro, It's chess, not checkers.
Speaker 5: That's why I say.
Speaker 12: You know, it must have been like seven eight years ago to see you in fifty enjoying whathi ch'all didn't have before. But you know, I mean, because they couldn't go to the clubs and experience the records like y'all should have.
Speaker 8: Y'all couldn't go to these events and go to these things.
Speaker 4: And it wasn't because of the rappers.
Speaker 3: It was mainly because of the hip hop police, because there was times where they'd be like, no, genune and no dipset in the clubs, all the clubs in Manhattan. So hip hop police, you remember Curly Top, he's retired now hip Hop Police, they all retired. There's all new ones now for the dudes that will follow TJ and all these dudes in the city and all the young dudes now. But all them dudes are retired. But them dudes used to tell us, yo, you can't come to this club. You know much money we missed out on.
Speaker 8: Definitely good to see that, man.
Speaker 6: Yeah they could grab it on the Welcome to the culture.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 8: What I seen you in? You screaming on math? How for what happened with with that?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 4: How feom is good?
Speaker 3: I just feel like sometimes like when you go online and just be like it just felt like clickbait, Like you asking me can I pick up the phone for banks and fifties around they both my friends. I'm a grown ass, you know, man, what are you talking about? And then you asked me about like six nine And I don't want to you know, I know dudes that got locked up over that. So I was just like, nah, I don't want to just feel like clickbait.
Speaker 5: You don't want to do music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just dropped the mixtape Loyal, But do you want to do it?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like your personality is so big you probably can make this money doing that now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I do like talking to people. I do. I do like I do, like what you do? You know?
Speaker 3: And what envy doing the breakfast club do? So, I mean I think now the game is changing, like these podcasts be fun, like you see podcasts, radio shows like it's going to YouTube now. People want to you know know, they want to know my personality. They want to know your personality. I'm like a sponge. I just like to I watch y'all guys all the time and just soak up game, you know what I mean? Like how you got the books and if you got the car shows. It's all a hustle for me, you know what I mean? Like I see y'all hustling. You got about three shows, man, were working three four shows. This guy got about three four shows going on call show? Who got the reality show? Got the the house show? Right the Wheal estate. So it's just I don't know, it's just like a hustle for me. I just want to hustle music podcast like Welcome to the coach. I'm gonna go crazy with the production this year. I got the Passport to the Future.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to do things for the kids this year.
Speaker 3: I got the close of course on Passport boys dot Com.
Speaker 4: What else I got.
Speaker 3: Going on Sody Theater, on the twenty six and more tours coming man. Shout the fifty, shout the banks. Yeah, I on the road, Yeah, back on the road, Fifty. No, not banks shouting uncle murder, murder murder, Yeah, shouting uncle murder. No, no disrespecting banks. But you know that you know fifty is crazy?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 3: You know that's something that banks gotta, you know, work out me. I just know fifty for a long time off the block before Banks, so I kind of know, you know, he might say something crazy and it's just you.
Speaker 4: I heard him say some crazy stuff in life.
Speaker 13: Bro.
Speaker 2: Now, we used to hit him stories with Fifty with Swing on wool Kid and Swing on Kid, play the Wrong record.
Speaker 3: I think one time was the craziest though it was were backstage. This is the craziest one though, And I hope nobody get mad about this. And Fifty said the James Cruise because he always messed with always to the day to this day. I don't know why, but he said to James Cruise Mayweather, it's the main weather. I don't know we were Mayweather mad people's back.
Speaker 4: Then he goes, yo, man that men f did it.
Speaker 3: Like in front of her woman people? Did he touch your but to your but I was like, no disrespect to them. But I was like, Yo, this dude is crazy. Crazy, So I know why everybody hate me. I understand, man, but that's my guy, bro crazy. Everybody think what he said.
Speaker 7: Yo.
Speaker 3: The whole room just stopped like man, Yo, man, man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm like James Crew.
Speaker 3: He was, yeah, nah, he's a cool dude. That's my god, stupid fifth. You never know what he's gonna say.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 3: So we on the road, I stay away from I give him a space. Man, I get with you later when the show time. BROF it's crazy man, Jesus.
Speaker 12: All right, Well, we appreciate you for joining us. Check out the podcast The Coach. Welcome to the Coaching Podcast. It's Tony Yo.
Speaker 3: You have made it, Mama. On the Breakfast Club. You've been up here before, yeah, but I'm by myself now.
Speaker 8: It's the Breakfast Club good morning to day.
Speaker 5: Damn, but he hogged. It's time for donkey the kay.
Speaker 4: I ain't trying to be donkey today no more.
Speaker 2: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making new people do these days.
Speaker 8: They called donkey of the day and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 12: Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey out of day today?
Speaker 2: Well, donkey today for Friday, August eleventh goes to Seth Berman. Seth Bermon is thirty four years old and her hels from the Great City of Atlanta, Georgia. Seth is suffering from what psychologists call the target effect. Everybody in America's self is from the target effect. Doesn't matter what your financial status is. The reality of the situation is none of us can go into Target and get one thing.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm speaking directly to you right now. You feel seen, don't you maybe even triggered? Trust me, I understand every single emotion you are dealing with. I get and psychologists do too. It's a real thing. You're going to Target to buy one thing, maybe you know, a good Fellow T shirt. Next thing you know, you walking out with one hundred dollars worth of stuff and you have no idea how that happened.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Target does that to humans, so much so that clinical psychologists have released tips on how to stage your own Target interventions. Okay, Target is a trap, all right, because the story isn't the actual target you are. Do you realize that everything in Target is strategically placed there to keep you there, everything from the lighting, the bright colors. They say it brightens your effect, and you tend to have a pretty good time there.
Speaker 5: So it's conducive to buying.
Speaker 2: You know, of course you're gonna, you know, spend more in a place that you spend more time.
Speaker 4: And not to mention, it's.
Speaker 2: A Starbucks in all of them, so that adds another addiction.
Speaker 6: Okay, Starbucks heroin same thing.
Speaker 2: Target also places things in strategic places to boost cross selling. And then they have these things called lifestyle settings that help you visualize the good in your home once you see it. Once you can see it in your place, the residence. You want it in your place the residence. Okay, and I'm not even gonna get into the psychological pricing Target does. Oh, they make you think you're getting a deal just because it's a nine at the end, of the price. If it has a nine on the end of the price, it appears to be on sale.
Speaker 5: Therefore you can't pass it up.
Speaker 2: Those are just a few of the reasons the target effect is real, and that's the reason why you can never leave Target with just one thing. And seth Berman he fell victim to that. See he went to Target for one thing, but like most of us, couldn't leave with just one thing. Let's go to Fox five Atlanta for the report police this.
Speaker 19: There's also released new video of a shoplifting suspect being arrested.
Speaker 5: Take a look.
Speaker 19: This is the Target located on Caroline Street.
Speaker 4: Atlanta.
Speaker 19: Police say an officer was flagged down by a security guard. That guard told authorities that the man stole two.
Speaker 8: Televisions from the store.
Speaker 4: They say when the man was.
Speaker 19: Caught outside the store, he fought the officer until backup arrived. Both the suspect and office suffered minor injuries.
Speaker 2: Now, police say he was on drugs during all of this. But this wasn't weed, it wasn't shrooms. There wasn't Rihanna's makeup he was using. This man was under the influence of Target.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: The target effect is a stronger drug than all those things mentioned. That's why he went back to the scene of the crime because mentally he never left. See, if you only get one thing from target, you hear Kobe Bryant in your brain saying, this.
Speaker 13: Job's not finished.
Speaker 5: Job finished.
Speaker 13: I don't think so, that's right.
Speaker 2: The target effect is so real that when his brother got caught leaving the store with the TV, he didn't think about running away. He thought about running back into the store. Okay, that's like an animal that's been locked in the cage and instead of running off into the wild to get free, they run back into the zoo. I know y'all want to blame drugs, but trust me, this is the target effect. Okay, as I'm doing this, donkey right now, there's someone pulling up the target for one thing, and they gonna come out thirty minutes later with at least three to five items.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, let's talk about Seth as a thief. He simply got too greedy because he did successfully steal one TV. He was free and clear, but his greed made him go back to steal another one. This is a prime example that we get to greedy. Okay, he successfully stole one TV. He was free and clear with his greed mixed with the target effect made him go back to get another sixty five inch TV.
Speaker 5: Why did he need another TV?
Speaker 2: I know football season on the way, but damn what you built in the sports box?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 2: You need to have more than one TV to have more than one game on at the same time. Maybe he wanted to play Call of Duty and watch The Breakfast Club on BT at the same time. I don't know what seth did you have to go back to the same exact target you stole from the first time. I did some research, and by research I mean Google, and it's at least eight targets in the Atlanta area. You telling me the target effect is so scrump that you couldn't even leave the target you was.
Speaker 5: At to go to another one. Huh?
Speaker 2: You stuck on stupid like a woman who's addicted to a terrible man with good penis. All right, this man ain't got no job, no ambition. He cheats on you constantly, has another baby mama he's still sleeping with, but you still end up under him every other day, letting him sweat on you.
Speaker 6: That had nothing to do with anything.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to make you feel bad, but still sleeping with that brother under modification or for short, you can just call him a bum.
Speaker 6: Please give Seth Berman the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 8: Oh no, the dogge of the day, the dogee all the day.
Speaker 5: Yee.
Speaker 2: I wonder what triggered people more during that donkey of today, realizing that you know, we all have been victims of the target effect, are realizing that you are still sleeping with a terrible man with good penis?
Speaker 8: Which one for you? All right? Well, bet e t, thank you, We'll see y'all on money.
Speaker 2: Almost told people you to bum that I'm sleeping with Now, I almost told people that I might have just did now what now what?
Speaker 8: Mm hmmm say I'm not a bump.
Speaker 6: You're a beige on the modification.
Speaker 4: That's the show.
Speaker 12: It's getting awkward and strange. Okay, been awkward and strange. Welcome Roxy, all right, all right, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: One everybody ad j n V charlamagnea god.
Speaker 12: Now, let's simon, we are the Breakfast Club and we got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 8: We got Loadla Brook.
Speaker 5: Welcome.
Speaker 7: Not on your own name, though, Tom is Lola book because you've been booking.
Speaker 17: Busy all year. Yeah, it's been a little crazy, but I ain't complaining.
Speaker 7: I enjoy it getting money now, I'm making money, making making money.
Speaker 8: New album that his daughter is out right now, explain.
Speaker 17: That title then his daughter.
Speaker 7: Okay, So I'm only child raised by a single parent, my mom.
Speaker 17: But I used to hang out with my father.
Speaker 1: Hearing in here pick me up from school, and everybody will always say little D.
Speaker 7: It will call me little D when they see me with my father or then his daughter or whatever fits. They would always just add him into my nickname. And I love this so much. So now I get to like relive it because my father is deceased now, so I can't get that those moments back, but I'm like creating new moments and I still feel like he's still around.
Speaker 2: So was that like the inspiration behind the song Vacant Heart as well?
Speaker 7: Vacant Heart was me just venting I felt empty? Pockets empty, heart empty. You so feel empty sometimes like you just don't know. So that gotta be an old record because your pockets is not empty.
Speaker 4: Jesus doing good.
Speaker 7: But is it an older record though? Because it sounds like it? You know it was a time before.
Speaker 17: Now, honestly, I did that right get this year.
Speaker 7: So basically this whole entire project is me just reflecting on my life as I'm coming up. So I finally felt comfortable enough to finally just talk about my true feelings and what I was going through.
Speaker 17: So Vacan Heart is pretty pretty new.
Speaker 4: Was that a tough song to record?
Speaker 8: It was?
Speaker 1: It was so fast, pa, like fifteen thirty minutes, like straight through.
Speaker 7: But that's just how you record because I've been in the studio with you. You take like five minutes and then go ly it and then you're done. And it's crazy because after I was taking long, I'm like, dad nylt here She probably.
Speaker 17: Like, ye, you not you still not finish yet? Nah, yeah, you're a beat with that.
Speaker 5: But emotionally was it tough? Though?
Speaker 17: I wasn't in the room.
Speaker 7: See, when I'm recording, I don't really be in the room with a lot of people, so I'm very much comfortable and whoever's in the room, I probably have been in a vulnerable space around.
Speaker 17: Them already cool.
Speaker 1: And then the engineer, I don't see the engineer like it's now.
Speaker 12: Let's start from the beginnings. For people that don't know lo La brook Where did you? Where did you get your your start from? Why did you start rapping? And how did you get your deal?
Speaker 7: Honestly speaking, I always say rap chose me. I didn't choose rap. It was just always did. And the people's like the citizens of New York City. It was just like, yo, look, listen you nice. I noticed a hobby for you, but you should take it serious.
Speaker 8: So what were you doing between that?
Speaker 5: Because you said it was a hobby, So what else.
Speaker 8: Were you doing?
Speaker 7: Just working a nine to five? Like I was always a nine to five girl. As soon as I turned eighteen, the first thing I did.
Speaker 17: Was go get a job.
Speaker 5: That was your first job.
Speaker 17: Little Seasons.
Speaker 5: Is so amazing, God sense human.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I would just go to the studio just for a hobby. I started taking it serious. It's another artist from Brooklyn, his name Bleazy. He wanted to do a song with me, so I featured a song on him.
Speaker 17: I went to the studio.
Speaker 7: I ended up bumping into his team Team eighty, my mentor eighty. I met him and then just being around knowing like, oh, okay, this how music videos go. H this is how the studio process go. Like you get to like relax because when I was going to the studio two hours, that's it. It was like forty dollars an hour, I got eighty dollars.
Speaker 17: And that's it.
Speaker 7: But with Thumb, they was just so relaxed and everybody was just so creative. And I fell in love with it, and I was like, wow, so this really is my destiny.
Speaker 2: And you got such a big voice. Is that something that's natural or something you practice? Because you know you are smallest you wanted to sound.
Speaker 17: I mean when I'm mad, I talk like this.
Speaker 7: It's my mad voice. My rat voice is my mad voice. So it's still men. Yeah, I want to go back a little seasons back to your rat voice the ad lib because I feel like your ad blob is infamous.
Speaker 17: How did you come up with that?
Speaker 7: I always wanted to stamp, I always wanted to stand. I'm small, so I always want to be heard. So I was thinking to myself, like I need to find out a way to be heard without being seen or my presence is not in the room.
Speaker 1: And I sat with it for a very long time. So it started off as.
Speaker 17: Oh I do uh huh.
Speaker 7: Then when don't play with it? When I listen to the beat. It just came out. I'm like just stuttering or something and it felt good. So and then now it's h that's like my Batman call.
Speaker 2: Regardless of the voice, you still have a big personality, Like when you walk in the room, you can feel your presence.
Speaker 6: When did you first become aware of that presence?
Speaker 7: My mom been telling me that since I came out with the womb, like leave my child alone, like they act like they I would go any my mom would take me on trips and people would be so fascinated with me, and my mom would be so confused, like.
Speaker 1: Why they keep walking up.
Speaker 7: To you, like just asking random questions or just attachment, Like people will have attachment to me when I walk in the room. My presence, But I just I never thought anything of it. I just was being myself and little did I know I was a whole artist.
Speaker 5: Did you have.
Speaker 12: Relationships with a lot of the Brooklyn artists beforehand? Because when the record started to pop, I started seeing so many artists bringing you out on their sets, whether it was Kim or whoever.
Speaker 8: Maybe did you have those relationships beforehand?
Speaker 7: No music broke me into these relationships. See me, I was so more I was more focused on my craft. I went and like hang out so much. I was always in the studio, literally sleeping, waking up in the studio, So I didn't really get to mingle as much as other artists did. I was just working on my craft. So when I finally felt like I had a good body of work to put out, then I see when I was going outside and then Don't Play With It start taking off and I started building my relationship.
Speaker 12: What art that supported you the most when you first started popping, but before or right when they Don't Play With It came out.
Speaker 7: It's a mixture of a's I don't I can't even cool that. What I can say is Meat called it out from jump Like twenty seventeen, Meek was like my first cold sign ever.
Speaker 4: So just a tweet. He just tweeted, you said.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like he would comment on my stuff.
Speaker 17: He will post me, his peoples will post me as well.
Speaker 7: He will say it and his stories or just anything like that any way to be supportive within social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 4: Did he try to sign you to.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but she was already signed at the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It was like when when when the talks really came down to.
Speaker 1: It was like, it's already done. It's already done.
Speaker 8: Bro dang yeah h we got more with low Labrook. When we come back, don't move.
Speaker 12: Let's get into her single It's the Breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Big and Heart.
Speaker 6: And you said he was heartbroken.
Speaker 4: When your mom left for Atlanta?
Speaker 6: Yes, why didn't you go to her?
Speaker 4: Or did you?
Speaker 7: Because that was I felt like that was my moment to grow. I wanted to have some type of growth. I wanted her to trust me. I wanted her to feel safe to what do what makes her happy, because I can't.
Speaker 17: Stop my mom from this is this was one of her dreams.
Speaker 7: You know, a New York always go to get a house in Atlanta. This was part of my mom dreaming. Even if I ain't understand it. That wasn't my place to like not give her the support. So I just was like, you know what, when she left, I cried like a baby.
Speaker 5: Oh you.
Speaker 17: How how long has it been?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but this was like three years ago, three four.
Speaker 2: Years ago, ten years ago, three.
Speaker 17: Four years ago, No, it was like three four years ago.
Speaker 2: Well, as a rapper, Atlanta is like the mecca of hip hop right now. So you didn't want to, you know what, like maybe I should go to.
Speaker 17: Atlanta too, and yeah, but I'm the only child. You gotta understand.
Speaker 7: My mom treats me like she's gonna treat me like a baby forever. And I had to stand on my two feet and figure it out. So I didn't know what I was gonna do. She was telling me, like she left the uh, she left the apartment for me. It was on section eight. I ended up being on section eight, so I still couldn't even really like pay my rent. But I was telling her like I'm good, like I got an income, like I'm straight, like you could go, and she was like, okay, but it was all it was by yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, damn.
Speaker 17: I like that Section eight is in there somewhere somewhere in this project. You're going here sext night.
Speaker 7: It definitely is an adjustment when you leave home or when home leaves you. I think people like sleep on that, but it definitely pushes you. Like when my parents left me for college, like they moved me in and left.
Speaker 17: It didn't really resonate.
Speaker 7: Like, oh, y'all are leaving, Like I got to stay here and do everything myself. But yes, you're never too old to like have for that reality check. It's like the little things that I peat with my moms that she would she wouldn't think that I know how to cook. And I had to show her, like one things given I like cook things given meal, like no, I know how to cook. So that right there was me thinking to myself, Oh, she don't like she think I'm.
Speaker 17: Still her baby, like she don't know that.
Speaker 7: I'm grown and I could take care of myself. That was like, yo, you know what, just leave. I don't want you to, but you got to.
Speaker 4: Stand at a stool. Standing on a stool at the stool is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got to do the same. You know what you do?
Speaker 17: I'm told that you right now.
Speaker 5: You know how she is taller. She is taller.
Speaker 12: You know what you do with your first check when you got your first check? Because I was on Section A. What did you do when you got your first check?
Speaker 8: What did it go?
Speaker 17: My first check? I let go section.
Speaker 7: I let go Section eight and I got an apartment and I saved up. I saved my money like I didn't go splurge it or anything like that. I gave my moms a couple of dollars to of course and that was it?
Speaker 6: What was your first check off? Was a show or screaming?
Speaker 7: Or was it was like brown people bags, you know, like go hostings and stuff like that. I think, sorry to go back to don't play with it, but I just want a rough nick on the tongue. It's such an infamous line. Now, is that what you're looking for in the man?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 7: What are the things that Lola is looking for? Because now you're in a new place. I know you're not having a hard time finding somebody to the same question.
Speaker 17: Right, you want a.
Speaker 5: Rough mean rough on the tongue?
Speaker 17: Do good as I can tell you?
Speaker 7: Yes, what what what?
Speaker 17: What's what your underlining and what were you circling?
Speaker 6: Okay on the tongue, like.
Speaker 8: Like with his.
Speaker 18: You want what you don't I'm gonna.
Speaker 17: Break the ice today. And I know a lot.
Speaker 7: Of people, but you're definitely right. That's that's that was the first idea of it.
Speaker 17: What was it? A lot of people don't know that, but.
Speaker 5: You work on the tongue, means on your tongue.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I'm like, oh my god, now you confusing rough neck?
Speaker 17: You want a tongue?
Speaker 7: I always thought this whole time, he just wanted to send me automatic with a drum, ask me if I'm finished.
Speaker 17: Not that whole line was about for play.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, an if I'm finished nine, But I just begun. I ain't giving out no noney to know, just for fun. No, you dumb, But that's a whole four play line.
Speaker 8: I just her giving yeah, but.
Speaker 7: Honestly it goes for both. But the first thought of it was yeah, but it goes for both. It's four play the whole right now, the first four bars is four play.
Speaker 17: I knew it was four play. I just I looked at it as receiving.
Speaker 4: But it's a back and forth though, No, I just.
Speaker 17: Want to rough neck. You want a tongue.
Speaker 7: He just wanted to send me or the madic would have drone asked me if I'm finished? Nah, we just were gunn giving out no nuns and just for fun on you THEMB like.
Speaker 17: We ain't here for no reason? Got it?
Speaker 7: You should have did the genius little breakdown like trying to keep it.
Speaker 17: But you know what, I tried to keep it PG you know, so yeah, well you did a good job of that. Can you tell us what are you looking for?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 1: What is looking for?
Speaker 5: Is it just that.
Speaker 17: Reinsurance.
Speaker 7: I want to feel protected even if he's not around. I want a gentleman, and of course the gangster for sure, but a former gangster, a.
Speaker 6: Former a reformed gangster.
Speaker 17: Yeah yeah, yeah, understood.
Speaker 8: Them because they work hard. So salute everybody over there.
Speaker 17: Really want that?
Speaker 5: Like that just the beginning. That's beauty.
Speaker 7: That's right, Yes, it is just the beginning. I'm just grateful to be here.
Speaker 4: What are your mom saying that?
Speaker 7: My mom's just so excited, she's oh my god. I'd be like, ma, okay, it's not that serious.
Speaker 1: She's like, girls, you crazy, you is?
Speaker 7: You is a star, You're talented, And I'd be like, oh man, come on mine.
Speaker 17: But she was.
Speaker 7: She was My mom's was down from the start, Like she's the reason I resigned from my job.
Speaker 17: She's the reason I got the job. No, no, no, no. See that was my first job.
Speaker 7: But the last job that I had before I pursued this rap career was residential ad at a shelter and my mom was a supervisor. Well I'm a shelter baby, so she worked her positions in the shelter. I ended up being old old enough to work in the shelter. She got me a job there, and I remember coming from coming home from studio. I would come home from studio like six in the morning, and I had to be to work at eight. So I get in six, I get ready to get shot in dressed, no sleep, leave out seven, get there for eight.
Speaker 1: I had to take a buzz to two trains.
Speaker 7: Job was in Queen's and she would just I could tell like she felt she felt for me. She like, listen, I don't know if you feel like you want to resign from the job, you can like you got my full support. And that's all I needed to hear, because I'm like, listen, my moms don't play. She got me this job, and who am I to say I don't want it no more because I want to pursue something else.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 7: But she was the reason why I resigned. But I ain't burn that bridge. I resigned from my job.
Speaker 17: I didn't quit. I resigned.
Speaker 2: But also too, that gives you real purpose and attention, because, like you said, you was a shelter baby, so you know, you know what those kids are lacking and what they need.
Speaker 6: Now you got the resources you can go back and and.
Speaker 1: Go back and provide. Yes, that's my plan for sure.
Speaker 12: Well, Dennis's daughter is out right. Now, make sure y'all go get it. And we appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 8: Lola, big Lola, uh uh, it's Lola Brook. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Want everybody at cej Envy Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. You got a positive note? Yes, the positive note is simply this man. I said it once during Donkey of to Day. I want to repeat it. When you choose an action, you choose the consequences of that action. When you desire a consequence, you add Dan, well, better take the action that we created. Okay, we all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us. We are free to choose our paths, but we can't choose the consequences that come with them.
Speaker 8: Breakfast Club is don't finished for y'all.
Speaker 4: Done