Speaker 1: On the Bechdel Cast, the questions ask if movies have women and them are all their discussions just boyfriends and husbands or do they have individualism? It's the patriarchy, Zefph and Beast start changing it with the Bechdel Cast.
Speaker 2: Hello Bechdel Cast listeners. There we are.
Speaker 3: Caitlin and it's me Jamie and it's our end of year bray ever heard of it? I have not to brag. We have released I want to say, forty nine brand new episodes this year, possibly fifty. So we are given a couple weeks off every year and we usually like to save one for last you know why, so we can hang out and watch the Muppet Christmas Carol this week, which is what we would normally do.
Speaker 2: It's what we're gonna do, that's right. So this is not a full episode. This is just a quick little us popping in to tell you we're not doing a episode. But what we are doing is plugging the tour that we have coming up in February. If you haven't heard, oh yeah, we got a big year, big year ahead. So in early February we are going on tour. We're going to some cities in California and Texas. Jamie tell them more about it.
Speaker 3: I sure will. So, yeah, we're going on tour at the beginning of February. We are hitting San Francisco at SF Sketch Fest on February first. We're heading to Sacramento Lady Bird Ever Heard of It on February second, and one of those shows has already sold out, So if you didn't get tickets and you're in Sacramento, jump for those other tickets now. February third, we'll be in Dallas, Texas. February fifth, we will be in Austin, Texas, and then we're gonna swing on back down to California. And on February tenth, we will be at Wicked West in San Diego. But here's the twist. We mysteriously didn't cover I think the largest grossing movie of the year, which also happens to be the largest grossing movie ever directed by a woman. And so it's just interesting, and it is because we were saving it for a tour so we could wear cute outfits. It's the Barbie Tour. Yes, so we will be covering Barbie. We're gonna be, you know, putting together a big live show as if you've been to our live shows before, you get the Bechdel Cast experience, you get the discussion. But we also play games, we wear outfits, we do meet and greets afterwards, we have tour exclusive merchant posters. It's really really fun, and we're coming to most of these cities. All of these cities except for San Francisco we've never toured to before, so we're very very excited. And yeah, except in Sacramento, where we're also covering the Wolf of Wall Street for the second show. Right, we're doing two shows. Everything else is Barbie.
Speaker 2: Yes, so yeah, so Barbie. And until quite recently, we weren't sure what we were going to do in San Francisco. We were kind of waiting to see if there would be a guest confirmed, but it's official. We're also covering Barbie in San Francisco. So if you already bought a ticket to that show and you're like, what movie are they covering, it's Barbie. It's Barbie.
Speaker 3: Congratulations.
Speaker 2: And then the show that's not yet sold out in Sacramento is the Wolf of Wall Street show, So come on to that, come to all the other shows, go on tour with us. It'll be a blast, and we have an exciting year for touring coming up. Suffice it to say, you might be catching us over sea gas in the spray in the spring. Yeah, I mean perhaps if you kind of live in or near the UK. Huh huh huh, we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna possibly be there and like in more than one location. So just think about that.
Speaker 2: Just think about it.
Speaker 3: And in the meantime, if you live in California or Texas, get excited. We're very, very excited. Especially. I think Austin has a special place in my heart, not just because I love doing shows there, but because we had a show sold out there for April twenty twenty and we are finally making good on it. So we would love to pack out these shows. We're so I know that our listener base correctly complaints that we go to the same five cities all the time, but we're only going to one of those same five cities on this tour. Yeah, so please come out. We would love to meet you. We love doing the meet and greets, and we'll see you Barbie's there. Come in your Barbie finest.
Speaker 2: Truly, and hey, if you want to get tickets to those shows, here's how you do it. You go to link tree slash Bechdel Cast, all the tickets are there, and we're so excited to see you there.
Speaker 3: We're very, very pumped. And just because it's the end of the year, we do this on the Matreon all the time, Patreon dot com slash Bechtel Cast. Five dollars a month gets you to bonus episodes a both that access to almost two hundred back episodes. But we we're just we're very we're very grateful to you, to our listeners. We wanted to end the year reflectively.
Speaker 2: We had a great year.
Speaker 3: We had a really fun year. We got to tour a little bit, We got to have a lot of amazing returning guests, a lot of new guests, cover a lot of I think today this year we got through I think a lot of popularly requested movies more than we usually do. We didn't force our will this year, and I think that's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for us, and yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe next year we'll be tyrants. Either way, we're just grateful to have you here, and thanks as always for being a listener and for I mean for gently educating us as you have for years, seven years. We didn't we never really like celebrate our anniversary. Yeah, we always forget babe, we never celebrate our anniversary anymore. Well, it's like right after Trump got elected. This the first time, depending on when you're sneak to this, unfortunately, but seven years, seven years of bliss.
Speaker 2: It's so true, and we're nearing also, I think five. I'm not sure how many main feed episodes. It's wild that we don't have a handle on this.
Speaker 3: We're too busy creating content, it's true.
Speaker 2: But I do know that we as far as the number of movies we've covered, both on the main feed and the Patreon aka Matreon, it's nearly five hundred. Wow, can you believe it?
Speaker 3: And there's only five hundred and twelve movies, So we're gonna have to figure out what to do now. We're we're incredibly grateful that you've been with us for all these years. Hands too many more And spoiler alert, we're about to record the first episode of the year and hit stars a green celebrity.
Speaker 2: Wow, who could it be? Is it the Grinch? Is it wow? Camora from Guardians of the Galaxy. No, we just covered that.
Speaker 3: It's Shrek, the only one we haven't covered for now.
Speaker 2: For now, but also wait posts and Boots movies, they're a thing. It's true. I would like to plug something really quick before we wrap up, which is my intro to screenwriting class. Yes, I have a section starting on January sixth, which is like such a normal day in history. Nothing I don't think ever happened on that day, and.
Speaker 3: We canceled a recording that day. I remember because we're like should we not today? I don't regret it. It was the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: It was the right thing to do. But yes, I have a few spots left in that section at the time of us recording this. So if you're interested in taking one of my screenwriting classes, I've got this intro section that has a few spots, So head to Caitlin Durante dot com slash classes for like the registration and more details on that. But it's like Saturdays for eight weeks.
Speaker 3: And then for me get a copy of Raw Dog if you haven't already, treat yourself. And I have a new weekly series starting in March that I'm not gonna tell you any more podcast, but a thrilling year of content creations ahead.
Speaker 2: Wow, look at us.
Speaker 3: I have a wonderful New Year. Everyone celebrates safely, and we will. We will Shrek you in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. Okay, bye Shrek You.
Speaker 1: Then bye