Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time. Y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 3: All at all.
Speaker 4: So don't give them.
Speaker 5: Busy Yeah, listening too to hand.
Speaker 3: I don't joy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, joy.
Speaker 6: They s.
Speaker 7: You gotta.
Speaker 6: Know you love you.
Speaker 8: You turn.
Speaker 1: To turn the most turn you probably got to turn.
Speaker 2: Mouth out the word.
Speaker 1: The mon jup, come.
Speaker 9: Come out, you think, Uh huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody. You're listening to the voice, come on dig me now. One and only Steve Harvey got a radio show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 10: Took me when I said, but I do, like I say always. It just is a constant reminder of how good God has been. So my question to you is what's stopping you from having the life that you want? What's stopping you from having the life that you want?
Speaker 2: I know a lot of.
Speaker 10: People who have given up on achieving the life of their dreams. But I know they'd still want them if they could get to them. But they just allowed to settle for so many reasons. So who I'm talking to is you today. What's really at the core of stopping you?
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 2: Is it your friends or your associates?
Speaker 10: Is it the fear of what you think somebody else will think of you if you decide to change.
Speaker 2: Is it what I used to call the call of the wile?
Speaker 10: Is it the fact that you keep thinking that the thing that you're doing that's providing you these momentary moments of pleasure that really ain't really good or healthy for you, You don't want to stop doing that because you've got just a little bit more something else you want to do. I call that the call of the while. You know it's just out there. Them streets is calling you, them lights is calling you. You know, them girls is calling you. Them guys that's on the wrong side, keep calling you. You can't seem to make a decision by the right guy. You keep picking the wrong guy all the time. What is it that's stopping you from having the life that you really want to have? So whatever the reason you're choosing, that's the reason that's stopping you from having the life that you want to have.
Speaker 2: It's no good because at the end of the day, here's the deal.
Speaker 10: See, God is available, and God is available for all of us, and God has a plan for all of us, and God wants the very best for all of us. That's the truth of the matter. So now what we're gonna do to get started having that life. First of all, if it's your friends, I want you to understand something your friends can't save you. A lot of your friends offer no real help for you. Most of your friends don't have the answer themselves. I mean, it's just a wide range of reasons and misery love company. So usually when your friends are in a bad position, they kind of like company in that bad position. Your friends ain't going to church. You're gonna be their friend. They don't really want you to go to church. You know, your friends don't pray, so why would they offer up prayer as a.
Speaker 2: Solution to you.
Speaker 10: You know, your friends don't really really get the fact that if you treat people better, people would treat you you better.
Speaker 2: So what's that?
Speaker 10: So your friends are a lot of times the reasons, you know, to peer pressure of what and then the thought in your mind of what they gonna think once they find out I don't do what they do anymore. Who cares what they think other than you? I mean, really, you can't let what somebody thinks of you stop you from having the best life you wanted to have.
Speaker 2: If I went by that theory right there.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't. I wouldn't even be on this mic this morning. I would have never become a stand up I would had I listened to the people around me who clearly told me when I quit my job to pursue this, boy, don't you quit your job? You got a family, Boy, don't you do this. You ain't got no bit that, ain't no security in that. Get yourself a job. Go down here, and what's your brothers? Go to work over here?
Speaker 2: Go to I heard all of that. I didn't let that stop me from pursuing this.
Speaker 10: Why would you allow that to stop you from pursuing your relationship with God so you can have the best life you could possibly have. You gang bang because they've convinced you that this is the family situation and love that you don't have, and they've convinced you that this is your only way, your only source of getting over and then you drum up these ignorant reasons man for staying with it, But they sound so good when you listening to everybody else you're surrounded by telling you why we gang banging, Why we holding this block down, why we slanging this thing here right here?
Speaker 2: Why we letting it go?
Speaker 10: Like this here, you keep listening to them when all in your heart of hearts you know this ain't right. You already know, but you allow that form of the call of the wile that wanting to be accepted by a group of people who trying to get you to accept the way, so you con further they progress to even prove that you're worthy to be around them, You got to commit some type of crime to even prove that you're worthy to be around them. Then when you get busted on the crime, what happens to that where your family are Now they don't come down there to see you because guess what, they can't turn in They idea to desk at a law enforcement center, So now your homies can't come visit you. And then you know your family back out here, they ain't taking care of your family because it's all about them. Then you learn that what is it that's stopping you from having the life that you always wanted to have?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 10: Why are you a repeat offender? Why do you keep checking yourself back into that institution?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 10: Man, why won't you get it together? Why won't you give God a try? Why won't you disassociate yourself? Why would you continue to be a part of a revolving door system and becoming a farm system for these institutions that ain't got nothing for you. But you keep going back in there. And then every time you go in there, and now your little homies or your gang ban little silly little friends try to make you think that's a badge of honor. There ain't no badge of honor. Man, that's one mold. What's one more scratch on that record. That's one mold. That's one more nail in that coffin. That's one step closer to that third strike where you ain't gonna ever get out. It's one step closer to that graveyard.
Speaker 2: You keep on.
Speaker 10: Why would you not give God a try? Why would you not go and see what your life could really be? What is it that's stopping you? Because see, I got news for you. There's nothing like waking up free. I don't care who you are. There's nothing like waking up with the joy in your heart. Now, if you ain't gonna be free, get the joy in your heart, the satisfaction of knowing that you're accomplishing something with your life. Help somebody behind them balls get in the program. Show these young cats when they come in a better way.
Speaker 2: But don't you dash sit there, man and just ride it out, and man, just go and get the is life that you can have.
Speaker 10: What you know, what it feels like to wake up and be on your way somewhere knowing that you have something to accomplish, that you can change somebody, that you can stop somebody from going down the roads you went down. It's a whole lot of ways to make your life better. But why would you not go and have the best life you can have? What is that's stopping you?
Speaker 2: Really? Really?
Speaker 10: So you think that Satan really has your best interest at heart, That the little thing your mama kept telling you about praying you wasn't listening, was you. But you know, it ain't ever too late to get back to that. It ain't ever too late to turn around, It ain't ever too late to get your life together. It ain't ever too late to seek God, and it ain't ever too late to pray. Don't forget to pray, don't be ashamed to pray, and don't be too proud to pray, because prayer changes things. Prayer change people too. I'm a witness to that.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 4: Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen. Prepare yourselves. Now how you do that? I don't know. I can give you some suggestions.
Speaker 10: Sit up, pay attention, tighten up, call you mam and nil, brace yourself.
Speaker 2: Act right.
Speaker 10: All that applies to the beginning of the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Here it is, it has begun.
Speaker 10: And to make you feel real comfortable, I'm is Steve Harvey, she be She'll the start.
Speaker 2: Bet I'm not.
Speaker 1: Comfortable. Good morning, Steve, Okay, hon is.
Speaker 2: For real.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna go with it. Hey, good morning, Happy Friday.
Speaker 10: Look at him, that Dawn Junior, that that they'll be Who I am? Won up, nephew?
Speaker 11: Tell me won on over here right here, sir, h The only one uncomfortable with all this was that busy Shirley Strawberby.
Speaker 10: Whatever, sir, always trying to speak proper grandmother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's everything. You got to learn how to talk with this how I talk?
Speaker 1: And I remember I first heard you on the radio. You were you were saying that's that. It may have been a few days before I came in to work with you in La Steve. You said, don't you told the audience don't be calling up in here talking to me about how I talk. No, because we're in l A.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this is somebody had faxed me today. You saw country. Hey, you say your paper say because you're wasted it because I'm not finn to change. I did that one time in my career. It never happened again. Don't be calling up in here talking about how I talk. If that's what your facts say, We're gonna tag up and leave it in the flow, cause you know what you know, wasn't nobody really email it much?
Speaker 2: You know that I had?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Yeah, but faxing was big. I told them you just waited to pay for all y'all facts on the floor. Anyway, Stan, You'm gotten to me talking about you sound country this Los Angeles. I don't know why they hide your country as because they don't know you.
Speaker 12: Don't nobody know you.
Speaker 2: You talk properts. Hell, don't nobody know you.
Speaker 6: All like you.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm on the damn radio.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, bore.
Speaker 10: Shirley came in that first day. She was just looking upside my head. I'm looking upside her and said, I said, well, whatever, you know, that's what got be my job for. Yeah, I said, you know, I'll see what she were telling me how to talk. I know what's she talking about, Steve, Did you mean to say that? Yeah, well what I said, I don't know other way saying.
Speaker 1: I was just glad I did my homework so I knew who I was dealing with. What happened when I got there?
Speaker 4: All right, coming up at.
Speaker 1: Thirty two minutes after the hour, the nephew was in the building to run that brank back right after this. You're listening morning show, all right, and it's time now to start your morning off with the nephew and run that brank back.
Speaker 13: What you got for his nep The sex is too loud. It's too loud. Hello, it's too loud.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 6: Hello, I'm trying to reach uh.
Speaker 7: Uh, you have the wrong number. This is his wife though.
Speaker 12: Can I help you? Uh?
Speaker 6: Yes, ma'am. I'm calling you from the front desk here at the at the Hilton Hotel and I've called the room a few times and you guys, you guys haven't answered. So we actually went a little further and got the number that's connected with the credit card. And uh, you know, I wouldn't be calling your number like this, but the people are complaining about you guys on the floor. Now you guys are staying on and they're saying that the sex is to the sex is too loud coming from you all.
Speaker 7: Wait, wait a minute, would you say the.
Speaker 6: People are on U all's floor saying that the sex is too loud coming from you and your husband's room?
Speaker 12: Wait?
Speaker 7: What the is going on here? I am at home and that mother is out of town?
Speaker 4: So what do you say to me?
Speaker 6: Uh? Can I get to the hold off for sure?
Speaker 2: Some book?
Speaker 6: That's just that's just. This is his wife on the phone right now. But she said she's at home. That's what she's telling me. She's telling me she's at home, but she's not upstairs. No, she's not upstairs. The evidentity is a big content. What am I supposed to play for her? Okay? Okay?
Speaker 12: Uh ma'am?
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, Well I'm sorry. What's your nam again?
Speaker 7: Dominique?
Speaker 6: Okay, Dominique, you know what, We won't worry about it. We'll fix it. Bro.
Speaker 7: Do you mean don't worry about it? You just called me to tell me that basically my husband is having sex with someone at the hotel, And now you're acting like I'm just supposed to act like this didn't happen.
Speaker 6: Hello, yeah, and I did.
Speaker 7: Hear you talking to the background. You heard who I heard you?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: Hold on, hold on you, hold on again? Please? Uh?
Speaker 3: Where are you at?
Speaker 12: Which is this?
Speaker 7: Which hotel is this?
Speaker 6: Just hold on for a second. Man, I didn't hit the mute, but I didn't hit the whole buddy, No, she heard everything we were talking about.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 6: What am I supposed to say to him. The guy won't answer the phone and his noise coming from the room all day all right, hello, uh yeah, okay, Dominique, this Dominique. I want to apologize. We thought we were called.
Speaker 7: My apology is not going to do it. I can solve the problem for you. What's your address? Tell me your address.
Speaker 6: I'm not at liberty to give that information.
Speaker 7: This is some books, some real books. Can you put your manager on the phone or something?
Speaker 6: I mean, let it is actually in a meeting right now.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 6: I just want to say, I just I truly apologize. I mean I thought I was calling the person that was in the room. I'm really really I don't know what to say.
Speaker 7: If there is nothing to say, unless you're gonna give me your address right now so I can be on my way over there.
Speaker 6: What city are you at?
Speaker 7: Don't worry about where I'm at. I can get to you and his you know what. I'm going to call this up myself and he better wait wait, wait, wait a minute, your whole situation okay, right now?
Speaker 6: Okay, but will you wait because you're gonna mess right. I'm gonna love my job about.
Speaker 7: Your job right now? Bro? You told me that my husband is some other in your hotel? Do you think I care?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 7: What's your address though?
Speaker 6: I can see on my way Okay, okay, okay, let me just call him. No, no, no, no, my manager, My manager coming down now?
Speaker 7: Your manager is available? How convenient?
Speaker 6: Okay, so talk.
Speaker 7: I don't want to talk about your manager.
Speaker 6: Okay. I thought you wanted to talk to the manager.
Speaker 7: I'm pissed off right now. So either you're gonna give me your address.
Speaker 6: Can I put this is my manager, Tommy? Can I put Tommy on the phone?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 6: Hey, Dominique, Yes, this is tithing.
Speaker 7: Okay, Tommy, what's going on? Your flirker called me to tell me that my husband was having sex in your hotel too, loud, and I asked this address and he won't give it to me. And I'm on my way down there, and I'm about to call my husband since he won't answer your call. And I did hear him talking to you in the background?
Speaker 6: Okay? Well did you hear who he was talking to? No?
Speaker 12: I didn't.
Speaker 6: Okay, he was talking to me. But do you know who I am? No?
Speaker 7: I don't and I don't really care.
Speaker 6: But do you know Tommy at all? Do I know Tommy?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 6: Do you know tom No? Okay, do you know nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show?
Speaker 7: Do you write you kitty?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 7: How care you? That's after Tommy. I'm like, I'm not your friend right now, Tommy, and I don't like you anymore. I just like, oh, come on telling me, come on stay funny. It's not funny, Tommy, It's.
Speaker 6: Really okay, all right, I don't want to get off the phone. And were on bad terms. Now we got to get back. We got be on good terms when we got on the phone. Okay, come on, laugh laugh with me, baby, please.
Speaker 7: Well I don't know if you be laughing, if somebody cause you with this, but okay, I would.
Speaker 6: Yo, you have a sister. Your sister name is Lydia. Am I right?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 6: Lydia is who got me to pray? Phone call you baby?
Speaker 7: Oh okay, it's it's really going down, man. I got something for you at her They in the streets, Tommy.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me ask you this though before you go. Please give me this. What's the baddest radio show in the lane? Come on?
Speaker 7: You know Steve Harvey and that's you?
Speaker 12: Tell me you know what?
Speaker 10: Tummy?
Speaker 7: You used to be my favorite, but now I'm really Steve.
Speaker 6: You could kiss my.
Speaker 2: Sex is too loud? That's all I want to.
Speaker 10: Know.
Speaker 3: Said this before, but you need down with this one.
Speaker 12: Take out.
Speaker 2: Loud, just bring it down some.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, it is asked the c l O. With our Chief Love Officer Steve Harvey in the building, you're listening.
Speaker 4: Steve Harvey Morning show time for c l O.
Speaker 1: The Chief Love Officer Steve Harvey. The cloe as the nephew calls him. You ready, sir? I know you all right. Lakesha in Hampton, Virginia says I'm in my late twenties and my best friend and I bought a home together. Her boyfriend moved to our city a month ago and he's been staying with us. She said it would only be for a week, but he's still here. He's chipped in financially, and that's all fine and good, but I don't want his money and I don't want him to get comfortable here. I told my best friend he's got to go, and she said it's her home too, and it's okay for him to stay another month if he needs to. How can I get him to leave asap? Please advise?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think you can.
Speaker 10: Because you all own the home equally, you have no agreement that you can't have guests, overnight guests, You have nothing in place that says how long you should have guests. So I don't see how you can make him leave. On another note, right, who buys a house?
Speaker 9: Normal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is why you don't do things like this.
Speaker 10: Man, This is probably the biggest purchase of your life, and you do it not with your fiance, not with your husband, but with your best friend and all y'all want to have other lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So I mean, I don't know how you.
Speaker 2: Can get them leave.
Speaker 1: And her best friend Colo is correct, it's her house.
Speaker 2: Too, right, that's the deal. So how right, it's my house.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 1: So you're not going to be able to get him to leave until they're ready for him to go, and he might stay forever, all right, Felicia.
Speaker 2: Walking around nicked though, I'm just telling you start walking around.
Speaker 1: Nicked, It helps, Felicia and Charlotte says, my husband and I have been married for eight years, and he recently got an suv with cameras in the head rests for our four and six year old to watch movies when they take road trips. Yesterday he drove me to get caught, and as soon as he cranked up and plugged in his phone, I heard sex sounds coming from the TVs.
Speaker 6: God.
Speaker 1: Yes, he started fumbling to turn it off, and he turned bright red. He said it must be a glitch in the entertainment system. I think he had a woman back there watching porn. Am I jumping to conclusions?
Speaker 12: God?
Speaker 2: He sweit a minute. But you said it was connected to his phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he plugged it. As soon as he cranked up the car and plugged in his phone. She heard the sounds.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that's a bluetooth.
Speaker 10: I think I don't know if it has anything to do with him having a woman back there watching porn. I'm thinking he's got pawn on his phone and the bluetooth picked it up and ran it through the system. I mean, you know, because unless you have that stuff downloaded in your car somewhere, I don't see how that can be.
Speaker 2: The bluetooth is what comes in to play to me.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is terrible because what if the kids were with them? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I know that, but I mean, yeah, the cold thing is suppose this was a video on.
Speaker 1: It, right exactly?
Speaker 2: See, I don't know, I don't know. She's a little slow.
Speaker 10: Let me talk about was he sitting in the back seat watching porn with another woman?
Speaker 1: With another woman?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he could be there back there watching it by himself or I mean it didn't have to.
Speaker 10: Be sure, but to get on the headsets, to get on the headsets in the car has to come from somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So if he was fumbling with his phone, it was the bluetooth on his phone.
Speaker 1: All right, So there you have it.
Speaker 2: Man, what's my name? What's my name?
Speaker 1: Anastasia and Seattle says, we're moving on I'm a thirty year old married woman, and I love my my husband, but I fantasize about his handsome brother. He's forty, with a six pack of carved out back and muscular thighs. And when my husband and I are intimate, I'm imagining myself and his brother's big old chocolate arms. I've even mumbled his brother's name under my breath once during sex. I watch his workout videos online and I get all tingly. This all started a few weeks ago. Do you think it's just a phase or should I seek counseling? Please help me?
Speaker 2: What do you want us to do? Is it just a phase? Or do I need counseling?
Speaker 10: You need to quit wanting your brother's your husband's brother lusty? You know hell, Stop watching his damn videos. You shutting yourself up. Quit calling his damn name. You know that ain't your husband?
Speaker 2: How about that? What do you want?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is something you can control for sure. You're right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Call it intead.
Speaker 4: We're moving on.
Speaker 1: Paula in Boston says, I'm seventy one and I am back on the dating scene. I've been a widow for twenty five years, and surely okay. She's seventy one. Her name is Paula. She's out of Boston, seventy one. She's back on the dating scene. She's been a widow for twenty five years, and she was casually dating a younger man for the past two years. She said, we had sex a few times and he stopped calling me. All i'm attracted to are younger men between the ages of fifty and sixty, and getting one is not a problem. I don't want to be just a fling for these men. How can I prevent that from happening.
Speaker 2: That's a younger man through fifteen sixty.
Speaker 10: Why don't you stop being a fleeing? You will fling because you allow it. You allow yourself to get flown. Your body or your relations or whatever you want to call him at seventy one comes with a price.
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 10: You have every right you're too old for this. You're talking about how you he been screwing the dude for two years and then he stopped calling you. What you think was gonna happen, y'all? Wasn't in a relationship? Wouldn't nobody defined anything? I don't care how old you get if you can't define the relationship you in, you probably ain't in one.
Speaker 2: She said it old, she ain't got about fifteen years left. You got to at least have some fun of it.
Speaker 1: That was profound. Say that again because people what he said, Now, what the CLO said before we run out of hip? Come on, come on, clo.
Speaker 10: All I said was, if you can't define the relationship in, it's probably because you ain't in one.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, coming up.
Speaker 2: And what I said is if you said you ain't got a fifteen year left, gonna get it in.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show, Well it's time for something fun. Honey and Jay. This is about stuff you say to your neighbors under your breath. Please explain.
Speaker 3: This has to do what we see our neighbors all the time.
Speaker 14: We're not that fond of them, so we speak, but under our breath we're saying little things, little little insulting things like hey, how you doing?
Speaker 2: You need to come up down as yall.
Speaker 1: Keep one hundred jacket, keep it keeping it one exact ja.
Speaker 2: Earl, how you doing? How you earl?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: You need some curtains?
Speaker 1: How you doing? Franklin's good to see you.
Speaker 2: I hope the boys stay home this time.
Speaker 1: It takes vacations or let's see, um stiff, come on, nephew.
Speaker 2: Stop parkins. How are you good?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 2: If you do something with that damn boat you've been having, don't even worry.
Speaker 7: District.
Speaker 12: I know this is Kennedy.
Speaker 1: Hey, I done that.
Speaker 2: We wail in Roster Street, Dale, Dale, Kim. How you guys doing to day? The too stupid ass kicks? Half wit?
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Stuff we say to our neighbors under it's gotta be saying, come on.
Speaker 2: Smith's good to see right now. I wouldn't be pushing my mama that she got to do something. Three, Hey, Bob, how are you good? Good?
Speaker 10: Your fan his wife and swimming naked on them, probably scaring the hell out of my dog.
Speaker 3: Mona stands and I gun.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How you got folk claws on the block and don't none of them?
Speaker 7: Four cards?
Speaker 1: Heap yard is a mess. Stuff we say to our neighbors under our breath, Come on, will us swet?
Speaker 2: Old boy? I see I have a go with the James Shore glady over that that Breathfully he.
Speaker 1: Killed my flowers he supposed to, and cut my grass. Wow, that's bad. That's dragging right.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, Johnson's it's good to see y'all. All right now, man, now now were good?
Speaker 1: We goodday?
Speaker 2: Right now? I know a baby when you eat paper, You know, I know that baby eat paper. You gotta tell me no more. I know that baby eats piper. Baby, he's smart at all. Now you gotta bring him up.
Speaker 1: No, we good, stop, he gotta make his birthday point stop. We say to our neighbors under our breath. Tommy go Leonard, Hey, nice day to day?
Speaker 2: Good cook? Wasn't good last night? Damn pol No, you said you called them.
Speaker 1: Stuff? We say to our neighbors under our breath, thought.
Speaker 2: Herman, how y'all doing.
Speaker 11: Her?
Speaker 2: Tell me y'all put your mom in the hole, say that in the window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like people don't do that. Hey, mister Mitchell, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good. You don't see that dog through you?
Speaker 2: You just don't, don't it.
Speaker 1: Neigh stuff, We say to our neighbors under our breath.
Speaker 2: Curtis, Hey, j she's going on all right now? Ain't the wind the world that that day? I'm lying.
Speaker 3: He ain't chilling that.
Speaker 1: Way too much. No, I don't even know how they touched both they stump, all right, man, I'm good man, come on, nephew. Stuff. We say to our neighbors under our.
Speaker 8: Breath, Conley, Conley, y'all's looking good, looking real good, and come over with this line.
Speaker 2: Though you come over with this, I'm telling you that you know what's damn line is? You know you know what? You know my sign? You know your damn sign or they probably lying means but it means something. You know where the lying man.
Speaker 3: That's my line.
Speaker 1: All right, I think we have time for two more Jay and then Steve close it out stuff. We say to our neighbors under our breath.
Speaker 14: Let's go, hey, hey, what's Yeah, I'm good, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 3: I who you were good that night?
Speaker 1: Got into a fun.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, Steve, close it out stuff.
Speaker 2: We say right out Sidney, Hey, it invited me over to a little.
Speaker 1: Barbecue and everything.
Speaker 2: I know, I know you ran out of room over whatever. Okay, I love it.
Speaker 1: Alright, guys, thank you, that was good. You're listening hardy morning show. Time for would you rather guys another round?
Speaker 2: Here we go?
Speaker 1: Would you rather go to church naked or babysit? Ten children undertook the age of two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm rapping.
Speaker 3: I got nigs both service.
Speaker 13: Services, quote scriptures, niked I came in this world, nigga, I shall leave.
Speaker 12: Working.
Speaker 14: People say, well, that didn't happen, and I'm at the next service. They'll see it themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: You know, when a man came in here at eight o'clock, I got niggas for he was at eleven two.
Speaker 2: No, I would know. I'm gonna take care of them kids. Yeah, but you ain't gonna do No, you ain't gonna do.
Speaker 10: That to me.
Speaker 2: But one time, everybody's not gonna be cared for.
Speaker 3: Are you a babysitting grandfather, Steve.
Speaker 10: Yeah, man, yeah, yeah. They always make sure somebody at the house with me though.
Speaker 2: Somebody watching, somebody watching you.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not like your granddaddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. They always make sure some other people in the house with me. I already know, you know.
Speaker 10: And then my grandkids don't like when our babysit them because when they come in my office, them to stay in my office and they don't like my TV selection.
Speaker 2: But I had them in there the other day and we were watching forty eight hours.
Speaker 15: You had grand children watching for eight hours of murder investigation.
Speaker 10: And it was a it was a good episode too, so we was not turning it and just sit here and learn your ass something. Now, if you do wrong, your asser be in this room interrogating with this in this fifty eight degree weather, in this room that's fifty eight degrees getting talked to a boy, these white people, and you don't want that.
Speaker 2: Shut up?
Speaker 1: Oh it's like it's scared straight yeah, straight.
Speaker 14: Yeah, all right, because when you hide, you see more kids than you actually have. So that's why I don't babyshit sixteen kids.
Speaker 2: Moving on, Would you rather.
Speaker 1: Tell the truth for a full week? Just tell the truth, no lies, no lies?
Speaker 8: Be you sure?
Speaker 1: Okay? Or sleep in a coffin for a full week.
Speaker 2: I can sleep in a coffee I got. I've done that.
Speaker 8: Truth.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I had an ex wife. I've done that before. You do that before? Well, we now can do it.
Speaker 2: Truth a.
Speaker 4: Week?
Speaker 2: All just throw to.
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this.
Speaker 4: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's really hard to break out of your old routine routine.
Speaker 6: We know that.
Speaker 1: For example, maybe you've had the same haircut or style for years and it looks good on you and everyone likes it, so you don't change it, But maybe you should. Maybe you should try something new. How about your choice of cars or movies or people you date. Maybe try something new and that will change your life for the better. Even if it doesn't, you can always go back to your old routine. So Steve, we're going to start with you as we always do. What things in your life are you afraid to change up? Or has changing your life routine made things better or worse for you?
Speaker 2: I ain't afraid to change nothing in my life.
Speaker 10: Matter of fact, if I could change one thing that might give my life a jump.
Speaker 2: Or boost it in another direction. Yeah, I'll probably get a perm.
Speaker 1: All right, you don't.
Speaker 2: What's happen?
Speaker 1: What are you going to perm your mustache?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 10: Well, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, grow with a little bit of hair back. I can and then permit, you know what I'm saying. Just whatever came, I'm gonna let it come on and then just permit, you know, trying to kind of be.
Speaker 2: Like a you know, a little baby ass shafting. Okay, I thought you gotta go deep on it. Well, I mean on the real tip.
Speaker 10: There's nothing in my life I can change now. Am I doing things to get better?
Speaker 2: Of course I am.
Speaker 10: I'm trying to improve my spirituality. That's my number one focus right now, is trying to improve Yeah. Oh absolutely, that's my number one focus above anything else. That's just improving my spirituality as a person. That's my number one goal right now. And and other than that, I can't change nothing.
Speaker 1: You know, well, you know I changed my hair all this year from platinum tok. Yeah, sit down, Hey, I wanted to do things differently.
Speaker 4: I like change.
Speaker 1: It was fun and it was fun. I felt good.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: Because you ain't got nowhere left. But you did blue, pink, yellow.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't do yellow. I did platinum green. You say I've been considering it. I'm back to blackham.
Speaker 2: What's this crayon box? Look for what is good?
Speaker 6: I like?
Speaker 1: That's who I really am.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like colors. I like change in my hair.
Speaker 10: I really tell me, what would you change? It's gonna be real interesting. Cold to get in my phone.
Speaker 1: M hmm, can you change it?
Speaker 2: I tried? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Let me just yeah, you're married now, you still.
Speaker 8: Have the cold.
Speaker 2: Let me at least have my phone. Let me have that.
Speaker 1: Let me hold on, Steve, doesn't Marjorie have your coat? You've said that several times on the show. Yeah, excuse me?
Speaker 2: Why have you got your cold and your phone? Did tell me? Say it with your ignorant he does that?
Speaker 1: Tommy deal, what's the big deal?
Speaker 2: You need his calling around? Tommy? Huh Tommy? My kids can grab my phone. I don't care.
Speaker 12: What what?
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 1: Tommy? What is that so terrible? I don't understand.
Speaker 2: But in some homes in America, do you still take.
Speaker 4: Your phone in the shower with you?
Speaker 2: How do you do that? Tommy got his phone in the shower like soap on a rope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the water.
Speaker 2: Zip lock.
Speaker 1: Watched it all abundant.
Speaker 2: Just waiting on a call, baby, I'm just waiting on a call.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 15: So that would make your life better if you change your code, that would make your life better periodically.
Speaker 2: I just had I just got to remember it.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 1: We'll post your comments on Steve Harvey FM, Instagramic, Facebook. You're listening morning show coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after it's my strawberry letter for today. Get a load of this subject one of my homies is my side piece? What they're just homies. Well, we'll get into it in just a little bit. Right now, the nephew is here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 4: What you got for his nest?
Speaker 8: Sure, let's see here. Let's go up in here and get something pull out of here that we go. All right, we're gonna we're going with this one right here. Can I claim your kid?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 8: Can I claim your kid? What's supposed gonna hurt? Let me have one of let me? Can I claim your.
Speaker 2: God? Dam let's get it.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm trying to reach devn Devin. Yeah, this is right, Hey Devin. How you doing.
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 8: My name is Curtis Man, Curtis. I was trying to reach out to you. You your your your son?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 8: He plays basketball with my nephew. Man, your son is the one that's on the on the Blazers little league basketball.
Speaker 12: Team, right yeah, yeah, he played for blas everything all right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah everything good man.
Speaker 8: You know they got a game Saturday and everything. I've seen you a couple of times, man at the game. I don't know if you remember me, Man, light skinned brother, about about six foot.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I probably met you. I probably met you know, i'd be so intense at the games. But yeah, what's what's going on?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, actually, man, I wanted to hogh at you about about your son?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: You you are?
Speaker 6: You? Are?
Speaker 2: You? Are you working right now? Are you currently working?
Speaker 12: Am I am I working?
Speaker 6: Like? Yeah?
Speaker 12: I am working?
Speaker 2: Actually, I mean I mean, I mean I mean you have a Yeah, a steady job, is what I'm asking.
Speaker 12: I mean, yeah, what you what you get in at though? Like you know, I thought you were calling about the basketball team.
Speaker 6: Like uniforms.
Speaker 12: I know, we got a game Saturday. You know sometime they want donation for sneakers and all that, like you.
Speaker 8: Know, no, no, no, no, no, no, what I was asking? So so, I mean you you got a regular nine to five job you go to all the time.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I got a none. I mean things is kind of crazy, but I was just kind of short. But you know I still I still work. I mean, while was going on, you need a job?
Speaker 2: No no, no, I'm just checking. Man.
Speaker 10: See what I wanted to get at you about, Man, is seeing are you gonna are you gonna cleim your son?
Speaker 2: Uh? On your income tax this year?
Speaker 12: Hold on, bro, Now you said Am I gonna claim my son on my taxes this year?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: I mean, like you know, as a dependent bro.
Speaker 12: You asked me some real personal questions. Now you know, like you're the guy that you just said you you know me from the basketball team that my son play on basis you know, and now he doesn't jump from the Blazers to do I clean my son on my taxes? And do I have a steady income? I mean, like you know, yeah, I got I gotta steady income and I'm claiming my flight. What I mean what you're trying to get.
Speaker 6: At, Bro?
Speaker 8: Well we'll see, man, what I was thinking. You know, I just want to read you seem like cool dude when I saw you at the gym. Man, what I was gonna ask you, bro, is you know see right now, Man, when I get through with my tax and stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to oh about eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 8: But nah, see if I clean a child as my dependent, man, they gonna give me bout twenty two twenty three hundred. You see what I'm saying and what I wanted to get at you a bout man, is you know you let me clean as my son?
Speaker 2: You know, so I can go and get this good money.
Speaker 12: Bro. Love Bro, But I mean what all due respect, bruh, you're talking about? You want to clean my son on taxes? Hold on, bro, I don't even know you you're talking about. You've seen me at my son's basketball game. You might be the police for all I know. Bro, he sounds like the police.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, it ain't. Ain't nobody gonna come at your sideways like that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 8: I ain't trying to come like what I'm trying to say. Man, they're gonna hit me off of this eight hundred. Well, see I can get twenty three hundred. Man, I kick you down too fifty. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Man, everybody kep too Simpty.
Speaker 2: You crazy?
Speaker 12: Now you sound like a joke, bro, because now you're insulting me. You're telling me you want to clean my down for some where you owe money. I don't even know you fool. So I can make two fifty, Bro, I ain't trying to be on no, brother. But when I claim my kids, I'm getting the same exact fight you getting. I'm getting twenty three hundred two. So what I look like taking two hundred dollars from I don't know you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I'm the one stuck over here paying the eight hundred.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm just acting to ask you to look out for a brother.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 12: You said look out, and you know my checking cut from forty hours a week to thirteen hours a week, and I still got these little backs to me for Jordan's Michael Jordan. They never put us down.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm trying to hook you up with two fifty.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: Damn, you don't even see a good thing when it's coming at you.
Speaker 12: Brother, Bro, I don't know what you're talking about, brou No two or fifty.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 12: When I clean these two little I'm getting twenty three hundred dollars apiece. Bro, what you think I'm gonna take two fifty from you for it? I don't even know you like that, So man, you ain't got it.
Speaker 2: You ain't got a trip.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 12: If you was my brother, my people, you know, maybe we can do a little something. I can understand that, But brouh, you ain't gonna get me No. Two fifty when I'm getting the same thing they offering you twenty three hundred this government money.
Speaker 2: Bru So what are I supposed to do. What am I opposed to do? Devin, tell me that.
Speaker 12: I mean, bruh. What you're supposed to do is go hid your seed, clean that little every year and you'll get what I get for these little that I'm seeing in clothing every day. That's what you're gonna have to do. My hour was done, got cut from forty to fifteen hours a week. I have to go pick me up a little side him saying you gotta change your ways. You out there trying to get me locked up for government scams.
Speaker 2: What I'm trying to do, man, is get this eight hundred off my back, dog. That's all I'm trying.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody trying to get no trouble.
Speaker 12: Man, But you're still talking about getting you eight hundred and getting me locked up. Now you got me up. I'm out here working hard to support my kids, man.
Speaker 2: But I ain't the city and go through this with you no more.
Speaker 8: Man, I ain't fin the city and go through this with your normal don't help me with this money or not.
Speaker 12: I see you on Saturday, Broke.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna you up. Bro Thomas, you bros.
Speaker 2: I need your son soldier security number right now that's what I need.
Speaker 12: Bro. Let me tell you something, Broke. What you look like?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 12: You said life and he's going about six foot bro. When I see you when I step in that gymnasium, Bro, I'm on your You ain't on that. You ain't on Blazers, Lakers, brou You.
Speaker 2: Better bring that damn soldier security number.
Speaker 12: I think it's a game. I'm gonna come find them.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool. I got one more thing I need to say to you.
Speaker 6: You're lifting to me on my phone.
Speaker 12: Bro, Why I don't even talking to this fool?
Speaker 2: I got one more thing I need to say to you. Man, if you listening to me, say.
Speaker 12: Your last statement. You want your tombstone?
Speaker 8: Broh, This is Nephew tire Me from the Steve Harvey Martin Show.
Speaker 2: You just got praank Baby this nephew. Tell me, man, what's up, Devin fool?
Speaker 12: You got me out here going crazy?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: You got hey? Do you got a boy that you work with?
Speaker 6: Name crazy?
Speaker 8: Put me up to this man, a man, keep doing what you're doing. We need good daddies in the world.
Speaker 12: Brother, man, Thank you.
Speaker 8: Hey, one more thing man, I gotta ask you. You got to tell me, man, what is the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 12: Man, Steve Morning. Yeah, crazy man, I'm a beat.
Speaker 2: Now we go, baby boy?
Speaker 1: Not having it?
Speaker 2: Five brothers, wouldn't it say?
Speaker 6: Brother?
Speaker 2: And that you have it?
Speaker 6: That you have it?
Speaker 2: Man? What you want on your tombstone?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 2: As soon as I get in that gym whooping your ass? Man, that was crazy.
Speaker 1: Tell me you got to get you a little sea.
Speaker 2: Claim them you take care. I'm like, well, I'm like, I'm taking all these around here and do your part. Biden.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm just trying not to have to spend this eight hundred man, That's all I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: I just need a little work man, my brother to do. He's so concerned with his eight hundred. I just do they got enough issue?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 1: Man, cut my ayms made from.
Speaker 2: Comment scam?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you so much. Coming up next Strawberry Letter, subject one of my homies is my side piece. We'll get into it right after this.
Speaker 4: You're listening Harty Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Well, guys, it's time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve HARVEFM and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letters. See this, hear this. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to do this one right here, right now. It could be yours.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 15: All right, ladies and gentlemen, It's time for the Strawberry Letter with my good friend, Shirley straw Berry.
Speaker 1: Thank you my good friend Junior. Subject one of my homies is my side piece. Dear Stephen, Shirley. I'm a thirty two year old single man, and I started a sexual relationship with a female that hangs out with me and my boys. She's like one of the boys, and we party together, work out together, and she travels with us on our annual guys trips. She is a good friend and we respect her and her sexual preference. We've never talked about her love life, but I assume she never dated a man before. We've been friends since middle school, and she has always been a pretty girl. She's tall, with nice legs, a six pack, and pretty feet. She's a woman by all means, but she hangs out with all of us dudes. Four months ago, we all went to a strip club and we were popping bottles in our VIP section all night. I was a little more intoxicated than she was, so she was my designated driver for the night. She crashed on my couch like she's done so many of the times before. I went to bed, but in my drunken state, I could not stop thinking about how pretty she was lying on my couch, and I imagined how soft her big breaths were.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 1: I got up and offered her my bed. She said she would come to my bed only if I stayed in it. Two she got up and started taking her clothes off and walked into my bedroom. The rest is history. I wanted to be sure we did not have sex just because we were drunk, so I tried it again the next morning, and she was with it. We have been secretly having sex for three months because she has a girlfriend and we're not sure how our other friends will react. I don't want her. I don't want to be her secret side piece anymore. Should I have a talk with her and see where she stands on dating a man, or control my feelings and enjoy the great sex?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: The great sex? He said, Hmm, okay, I think you know you like her way more. Than a friend. Now, otherwise you wouldn't care if she remained a secret or not. You know, for this reason, you've got to talk to her, and if she feels the same way, she's going to have to tell her girlfriend at some point. What's hard to believe is that for three months, you guys haven't talked about it at all, Not at all. I mean that could mean two things. Either she likes things status quo or she's waiting for you to make the first move. You, on the other hand, don't want to cut off the great sex by saying anything that could rock the boat. You don't want to be the secret side piece anymore, you say, But you're making the sacrifice for the great sex. Okay, but it's time.
Speaker 4: It is time.
Speaker 1: Now, it's been three months or ninety days, and you know how we feel about ninety days around here. Steve taught us all about the ninety day rule. Okay, so again I say it's time. It's risky, you know, but if you really want her, go ahead and shoot your shot. I mean, you got to jump in the deep end. That's the only way you're going to find out how she really feels about you. Is it more than a secret side piece, and what is it going to be after that? Steve, of course, let's go.
Speaker 10: Thirty two year old dude got to this woman that's been one of the guys for so long ago on all the guy trips, hang out with the dudes, they go to strip club, they get drunk, she's the designated driver. They drive home and next thing you know, he's laying in bed drunk thinking about her breast. And so he gets up and she's sleeping on the couch like she's done many times.
Speaker 2: He offers her the bed.
Speaker 10: She said she'd take the bed only if he stayed in it. This is all we need to know, and this is all he was hoping for. Now he was laying at couldn't stop thinking about how pretty she was laying on the couch. She's an attractive girl. Now remember now she gets tall, she got nice legs, six pack, pretty feet, I got your dog. I'm here, I'm here, tall, pretty, nice feet, six pack. You could just be tall and pretty with the feet. You don't really need a six pack for me because wall hell, I don't help.
Speaker 2: I've learned in my life. I've learned in my life.
Speaker 10: You know, they don't need to ask them somebody to do something you ain't gonna do, you know, So here we go. Now, she started taking her clothes off and walked into your bedroom, and the rest is history. I wanted to make sure we did not have sex just because we was drunk, so I tried it again the next morning, and Lord have mercy, she was with it. Yeah, we have been secretly having sex for three months because she has a girlfriend, and we're not sure how our.
Speaker 2: Other friends will react. So Shirley right there. They have discussed it to a degree.
Speaker 10: Yes, how the other friends will react if they knew it. Now, the problem we got now is he wants more. And when we come back, I'm gonna tell you what your options are.
Speaker 2: Dog.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Steve.
Speaker 1: We'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Subject of today's letter, one of my homies is my side piece. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Steve Hardy Morning Show. All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. Subject one of my homies is my side piece.
Speaker 10: Well, this guy's been friends with this girl for a number of years since middle school. She's very pretty, tall, nice legs, six packs, pretty feet, But she has relationship she assumes with just women, and so she's days. But she's best been one of the guys traveling with him. Well, they all went to a strip club one time, they popping bottles in the VIP section.
Speaker 2: He went upstairs to bed.
Speaker 10: She slept on the couch like she has done many times, but in this drunken state, he claims, he could not stop thinking of how pretty she was laying on the couch and was imagining.
Speaker 2: What her big, pretty breast would be like.
Speaker 10: Well, out on, you can't just lay it ass she downstairs, So he got up, went downstairs and offered her the bed.
Speaker 2: She said she would take the bed only if he stayed in it. Lord Lord her Merson let the church say a man hallelujah, glow red.
Speaker 10: And so she takes her clothes and she walks into the bedroom. I can only imagine what he's thinking, Oh, my lord, And they did it so to make sure that they wasn't because they was drunk.
Speaker 2: He tried it again the next morning. She was with it again.
Speaker 10: Now they've been secretly having sex for three months now because she has a girlfriend and we're not sure how other friends will react, which I'm telling you now means that they've discussed what they would think if the other friends found out. Now Here dude's problem. I don't want to be her secret side piece anymore. That's going on the past three months been good? Yell this side he's saying, ain't working for me no more. Man, we need to go public.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 10: Should I have a talk with her and see where she stands on dating a man or control my feelings and enjoy the great sex?
Speaker 2: Well, here we go. I'm glad you called me.
Speaker 10: See, as far as I'm concerned with that proposal that you're putting forward, you have absolutely nothing to lose. Let's say you ask her how she feels. The only thing you have to be prepared for is for the answer. So you want to go to her and say you want to see if you want to have to talk to her and see where she stands on dating a man or control your feelings and enjoy the great sex.
Speaker 2: Now supposed she says she prefers women.
Speaker 10: What you have to be prepared for that, yep, Because she may say I prefer women, which puts you right back where you at now. She gonna keep her girl for any of y'all just gonna have great sex. Tada, there's a magic show. Everybody gets somebody this. You reach in the hat, you get a rabbit. You reach in the hat, you get a rabbit.
Speaker 2: You get a rabbit.
Speaker 10: Everybody get a damn rabbit out of this trick. So now I don't see what the problem is. And she may just want you to remain on the side, which again makes you the side peace.
Speaker 2: But you want more. And now the part that you didn't mention.
Speaker 10: And if I was you, I wouldn't worry about how your friends would react, cause.
Speaker 2: I got news for you. I promise you, I'll give you my word. All of them then thought the same thingt it.
Speaker 10: Every last one of them know she got nice legs, pretty feet, six packs, she pretty All of them know that they just been trying to play the game, because y'all thirty two, y'all young, I'd have been an ass or something.
Speaker 2: Long time ago. Hey, I know how you roll, but we, I mean, were good with that.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna share something with you Alla, way back my early thirties, m h, I've been in love with four people who had other who were you know, females who like females, and probably four.
Speaker 2: And well, it's no big deal. It ain't really nothing. I just you know.
Speaker 10: They asked me how I felt about it, and I told them that I was a lesbian two that I preferred other women myself, and that's how I wu try to get around it.
Speaker 2: It didn't work.
Speaker 1: They laughed.
Speaker 2: They thought it was a very cute joke, but.
Speaker 10: But I was so dead serious, and I told them they could refer to me that way if they wanted to, So, you know, it didn't work out.
Speaker 2: They were gorgeous.
Speaker 10: One of them had girlfriend who was more masculine, and she approached me one time and said she don't appreciate that, and if I don't step off, she's gonna do something to me. And well she looked like she could whoop my ass, so I said, okay, I stepped off. Okay, it didn't look like I was gonna be able whoop puss, so I stepped off.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean, why we ain't got to fight over this here? I ain't that fighting. Well, it was not gonna be a fight right here because it didn't look like.
Speaker 1: A win for me.
Speaker 10: Because if she say, leave it like it is then we right back where we had. He ain't worried about that. He will he don't want to be the side peace, no motion.
Speaker 1: All right, take us out. Thank you.
Speaker 10: Steve.
Speaker 1: Post your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter and Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook. Check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on demand. You're listening.
Speaker 4: Morning show.
Speaker 1: Well Jay is here. We're so happy when you're here with us.
Speaker 12: Jay.
Speaker 1: That means you're healthy and good. Uh and and Jay, I don't know where you find the time, but apparently you've written another book. What is this your age?
Speaker 12: That? What was that?
Speaker 1: Was that.
Speaker 3: About eleven?
Speaker 1: I got eleven?
Speaker 3: This is this is my newest book. This is my newest book.
Speaker 14: The name of the book is it's very catchy. You'll catch on this. Sometimes ken folks ain't worth for damn or you can.
Speaker 3: Use the S word. That's the tidle.
Speaker 1: One more time.
Speaker 3: Sometimes ken folks ain't worth for damn or you can use.
Speaker 2: The S word. So that's that's the title of the book.
Speaker 14: And it's several chapters in there that everybody who has ken folks can relate to. In my new book calls sometimes kim folks say, well, damn it. You can use the export.
Speaker 2: Chapter one.
Speaker 14: Just because you got a big house, they think they can show up and stay for free.
Speaker 2: That's chapter one. Oh man.
Speaker 14: That that that chapter two, I kind of get into some personal stuff that they think your house is storage. Let me put something in your garage for a couple of days. I mean it's been in there eight months now. It ain't moved. You know, it's old pod. I don't even know what it is myself.
Speaker 2: I didn't live it up.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 14: Chapter three, Okay, this is if you have a big house up. kN folk get confused in my new book. Sometimes kim folk can work for damn and you can use the S word.
Speaker 3: They think they.
Speaker 14: Think you're the daddy. What they don't understand is you're the granddaddy, not the daddy. The granddaddy. Some of those problems, this is personal. Some of those problems need to go to the.
Speaker 1: Dadaddy, not the granddaddy.
Speaker 2: Okay, you need to go right to the daddy. Okay, this is a chapter.
Speaker 14: If you my book, my new book calls sometimes ken foke said with a damn, or you can use the S word.
Speaker 3: Just think you're a bad guy.
Speaker 14: If you don't babysit. I don't babysit. Okay, I smoke things.
Speaker 3: I do things that around kid.
Speaker 14: And and when you come back, he's gonna have a whole different attitude if you leave him here. Okay, if he's here, he's gonna he's gonna be a little he's gonna be hungry, he's gonna be sleeping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna come pick up a little what you do in my new book.
Speaker 14: In my new book, sometimes ken burgling with a damn, or you can use the S word. They think you are finance coming in. That's my book.
Speaker 3: That's my several chapters in there will be out soon. Some I can't fu damn. You can use as we're kicking it out on a new book yet and that's going.
Speaker 1: To be a bestseller. Love You're listening, Morning Show. A new study from what is this Screeven's Hearing Care Okay. They looked at two thousand adults, Okay, two thousand grown people. Research shows that at least seven times a week, men have selective hearing in all. In all, men don't hear their spouse three hundred and eighty eight times in the course of a year. Women are going to though. That's a lot, right, that's a lot. Three hundred and eighty eight times in the.
Speaker 2: Course of a year. That's low.
Speaker 1: That's low, sting.
Speaker 2: Average.
Speaker 10: Well right now, you're only talking a little over wals a day. That's the average of wals a day. Oh okay, okay, so that a Yes, that's not so bad.
Speaker 1: That's not so bad.
Speaker 10: No, I tuned it away. You got to tune it using the same thing. Yeah, what is y'all talking?
Speaker 12: Listen?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 3: Wait what?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 10: We just talked about that for fifteen minutes, two hours. You make the same twenty minute point for two hours and.
Speaker 2: Wake up the next morning. Were still talking about that?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: Move on.
Speaker 8: God.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm hearing you, but I ain't listening no more.
Speaker 1: Damn you what I said about letting it out at the job?
Speaker 10: Why are we still talking about Linda nerd ladies? But that's that thing right there, that's true. Yeah, we do have selective here.
Speaker 1: So but it sounds like you guys are responsing to nagging. That's a difference, right, No, is it all? Is it all the same to you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 10: You know, because if you're talking, if you're talking too much, mm hmm. I'm just saying, which is often so.
Speaker 15: It could be about anything, just the sound of my voice that you just start tuning out after a while.
Speaker 2: Tell me that's for your teeth.
Speaker 6: What is? Well, you know what?
Speaker 1: That's okay, Carl. You're puffing and puffing about.
Speaker 2: Because you're talking about the same thing what I'm.
Speaker 1: Asking you about this survey though you're not answering.
Speaker 10: No, I'm talking about this period. You're talking about the same thing. And then I can tell it's bothering you because I look on Facebook. Now you're posting stuff that it jo and.
Speaker 2: Boding over the social media.
Speaker 8: On social media, now you're getting thirty thousand eight men's on the damn what what let it?
Speaker 2: I think I think it is a problem, and I think women could admit to this one.
Speaker 10: Because yes, men do have selective hearing, and we've had developed that over the course of time because we've and more and more, we've developed.
Speaker 2: More and more selective hearing.
Speaker 10: Because if there's a slight difference in us, women vent differently than men, and when women around each other talking to their girlfriends, you all have more of a tendency to talk about a subject from every angle you turn it over, you all can discuss one subject for hours.
Speaker 2: Men don't do that.
Speaker 10: We have a debate, somebody wins, loses, We have a strong debate, then we laugh or we fight, and then it's over. You all keep talking about it. And once a man has made all the points, he can make your point. Is it relevant at this point? Because we've heard it already. We don't agree with it, So we shut you out, and we all every every man do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we can her face and not be hearing nothing.
Speaker 1: You saying, wait what see?
Speaker 10: I can look dead in your face and not be hearing nothing. You saying, be looking dad at your mouth?
Speaker 1: Are you listening? Are you listening to me?
Speaker 2: The girl?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you hear what I just said?
Speaker 2: Schedule that will schedule a hunt? How many times Marjorie that looked at me and said, Steve, what did I just say?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Did repeat.
Speaker 2: What you heard?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: Women are guilty too. They don't listen.
Speaker 2: You're trying to think about what the hell is she.
Speaker 1: S three thirty nine times a year.
Speaker 2: Oh, we do it too.
Speaker 1: We tune you all out all right, coming up, music and fun on the Steve Harvey Morning Show. We'll be back at twenty minutes. After the hour right after this you're listening Hard Morning show. So scientists say it takes about twenty one days or twenty one days exactly to build a habit. So if you're planning to make a New Year's resolution for next year and stick to it, you should start your resolution now, that's what the scientists are saying. Then by the beginning of the new year, you will already be in the new habit. You know, have that new habit, It'll be underway, and you'll be more likely to keep it. That's why I guess that's why a lot of people drop off after they make those resolutions. They don't keep them because they're not in the habit of doing it. So start now, according to scientists. So, Steve, have you thought about your New Year's resolutions? Are you making it for next year?
Speaker 2: I stopped doing them years ago because you didn't.
Speaker 1: You didn't stick to them. Is that why you stopped?
Speaker 10: No, I just decided whenever I'm gonna do something, I'm gonna do it now. I went to New York a New Year to do nothing. Okay, Now I got to get healthy. I got to get healthy now. I ain't got no die.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you're kind of in keeping with what the scientists are saying.
Speaker 2: Then, well, I don't No, he has no science.
Speaker 1: I know he's not a scientist.
Speaker 2: I have trouble spelling it real scientists though, S C I E N T I S T.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yay, good, very good.
Speaker 2: Don't don't ask me to spell nothing that's got to do with science. You just got the subject. I'm good. Yeah, don't worry about nothing. Symbols and stuff they got.
Speaker 1: On the periodic table.
Speaker 2: Asked me to.
Speaker 1: Remember coming up, we'll play around him. Would you rather at thirty three minutes after the hour, that's right after this you're listening hardy morning show time for Would you rather guys another round?
Speaker 4: Here we go?
Speaker 1: Would you rather go to church naked or babysit ten children under the age of two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're raping. I got.
Speaker 3: Both serving nigga, both services.
Speaker 2: Quote scriptures, niggad. I came in this world of nigga. I shall leave it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, just working out. People say, well that didn't happened, and I'm at the next service. They'll see it themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: You know when a man came in here at eight o'clock, Well, I got niggas for he was at eleven two.
Speaker 2: No, I would know.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna take care of them kids. Yeah, but you ain't gonna do You ain't gonna do that to me. But one time, everybody's not gonna be cared for.
Speaker 3: Are you a babysitting grandfather, Steve?
Speaker 2: You yeah, man, yeah, yeah. They always make sure somebody at the house with me though, somebody watching, somebody watching you.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not like your granddaddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 10: They always make sure some other people in the house with me already know, you know. And then my grandkids don't like when our babysit them because when they come in my office, them to stay in my office, and they don't like my TV selection.
Speaker 2: But I had them in there the other day and we were watching forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: You had grandchildren watching eight hours of murder and.
Speaker 10: It was it was a good episode too, so we was not turning it and just sit here and learn your ass something.
Speaker 2: Now, if you do wrong, you don't ask.
Speaker 10: To be in this room interrogating with this in this fifty eight degree weather, in this room that's fifty eight degrees getting talked to by these white people.
Speaker 2: And you don't want that. That shut up.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like a scared straight yeah straight, yeah, all right, I don't.
Speaker 14: Baby, because when you hide, you see more kids than you actually have. So that's why I don't babyshit sixteen kids.
Speaker 2: Moving on?
Speaker 1: Would you rather tell the truth for a full week? Just tell the truth, no lies, no lies, be sure, okay, or sleep in a coffin for a full week.
Speaker 2: I can sleep in the coffee I'm not. I got wife. I've done that.
Speaker 8: Truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh yeah, oh yeah, I had an ex wife. I've done that before. You do that, I've been before. Yeah yeah, Well we not do it the truth for a.
Speaker 1: Whole for a week, all.
Speaker 2: Just throw the dirt off. Okay.
Speaker 1: Look, we'll be back with our last break of the day in forty nine minutes after the closing remarks from the one and only, our fearless Leader, Steve Harvey right after this.
Speaker 4: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, Steve, this Thursday, it's been a fun good Thursday.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's been fun.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking he did our best, you know. Yeah. We always do try to entertain, but I achieve that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We try to get people to work in a good mood.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 10: I mean, I've been cute all morning. Y'all been ugly all morning, you know you and Junior. That's where it is, bab See how that sounds. How nobody bag back? These girls don't bag me up, they bag you up. I'm just I'm cool with that.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I'll say this. You have to have confidence in yourself.
Speaker 2: I have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to love yourself, Thank you so much.
Speaker 10: A lot of other people got confident, right, Dennis Robin got confidence of it.
Speaker 2: You are not going to do that to me right there. You just did that to me saying I ain't saying you look like that, but very far from if you put if you put a hoop in your limp and two rings in your notes buying to see it, I could see if you put who live in two rains and you start crying you're cute? Twins, I don't jump in. Oh hold up, that's all it is called the little pity part. I'm nothing doing that.
Speaker 12: No, you know you do.
Speaker 1: I don't say that.
Speaker 2: I know you're c whatever. We know we are on the show.
Speaker 1: You're cute.
Speaker 10: Tommy know he and Tommy know this ain't true. Juniors why you don't want you all to keep calling your you're.
Speaker 1: Que too, and see if you're rich. We know these things.
Speaker 2: This is what we know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that trumps all everything I would prefer. Yeah, trumps everything we know.
Speaker 2: I think I appreciate my mama. Shein't lie to me, she says, Sit down, boy, I knew it. She was trying to build your spirits confidence. I had to worry about that.
Speaker 10: No more.
Speaker 1: Could take us home with some inspiring after this closing remarks.
Speaker 2: If you won't, you know, let me just do something really short and really helpful.
Speaker 10: You know, I've been saying a scripture for a long time in some of my motivational speeches that one of the most important scriptures I've ever read is one of the shortest ones too, and it has really helped me in my life, in my walk, in my career, in my ups, in my downs. And that scripture is you have not cause you asked. Now Now, I just found out where that was in the Bible this week, did you hear me? I've been saying this scripture for years, but I just found out where it was in the Bible this week. You have not because you asked, noting it's actually James four and two. Now, the way I found it was I was reading a scripture that changed my life when I was on the boat this year, and the scripture was actually James four and three. And what it said was it says you ask and you receive, not because you ask a miss And so I was just reading that because I got it from.
Speaker 2: This journal James four and three. And what that meant was that.
Speaker 10: Sometimes you ask and you don't receive what you asked because you you ask a miss, which means you ask with the wrong motivation. And God oftentimes wasn't answering my prayer because my motivation for what I was praying for was wrong. It wasn't that what I was praying for was wrong, but the reason I wanted to happen was wrong.
Speaker 2: And it speaks in James.
Speaker 10: Four and three about your worldly lust of flesh and fleshley things, but it wasn't learned lust enoughter fleshy things doesn't necessarily mean somebody. It just could mean you know, stuff to appease your fleshley being, your money, so you can flex on somebody, so you can prove it wrong, so you can shake it in their face. That's what it means when it says you ask and you receive not because you ask a miss or for the wrong reason. Well, the other day I was doing my journal review and I read that, and so I was opening up to James four and three, and lo and behold, I read James four and two, which says you have not cause you asked not.
Speaker 2: It was the scripture right in front of it. It blew my mind. So really, he laid it all out there for me.
Speaker 10: He says, you have not because you asked not, and you ask and you receive not because you asked for the wrong reason.
Speaker 1: Man, y'all, I can't tell you how that flipped a switch in my head.
Speaker 10: So, if you're out there and you've been asking God for something and you can't seem to get it to go your way, check your motivation for why you really want it to happen. And if you check your motivation, then you'll find out that you want it for some other reasons other than the right reasons. All you have to do is adjust your motivation for what you're asking for. Change your motivation, ask for forgiveness, and ask for the blessing that you ask him for for the right reasons, because there's some good that you could do with this thing that you ask of God for that you haven't been getting because you've been asking for the wrong reason.
Speaker 2: James four and two and James four and four, those are my close remarks. I hope that helps you away and help me.
Speaker 1: For all Steve Harvey contests, No purchase necessary, void were prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show