Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the podcast. And just a reminder, merch for a cause. Okay, proceeds are going to Action against hunger. Your cute hoodies, your cute t shirts. You only have one week left to buy. Okay, it's not too late yet. It's not too late yet. Okay, So it's in the show notes, right, all right, in the show notes, follow us at Brooke and Jeffrey, and here's your show.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, missing pain, No, I'm missing It's it under your thing?
Speaker 3: Have it?
Speaker 2: Is it under you?
Speaker 4: If you tell us what you're looking for?
Speaker 3: Can help?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, jeff you can't say that.
Speaker 6: You can't.
Speaker 7: It says we're late. Rolls of cinnamon.
Speaker 6: W C I I there is.
Speaker 8: Taped under his laptop.
Speaker 9: But late it's because we gotta do Which clip is it?
Speaker 7: Vitral sound bites?
Speaker 9: Only enough time to play one?
Speaker 7: No more questions, Let's just get.
Speaker 9: To the choices. Your first option is a seven second clip of an eight year old girl who's pretty sure she knows where babies come from. Or option two is a once proud parrot who at this point has serious confidence issues from the shame of being rejected by my co host time and again. But in spite of all the haters and all the mistreatment, he's ready to make his glorious radio comeback with a brand new thirty second rendition of the Rolling Stones Start Me Up?
Speaker 3: So hurry?
Speaker 9: Is it misinformed Minor or masterful macaw?
Speaker 1: Alexis misinformed minor?
Speaker 7: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: She never got the talk, you guys.
Speaker 8: She needs to hear it.
Speaker 1: She doesn't know how whatever, and I have to play it for her.
Speaker 8: The missing for.
Speaker 1: Alexis needsy, I hate. I just don't even know the Rolling Stones song?
Speaker 9: All right, Crackers takes it in the shorts again. Let's hear the sound of an eight year old girl who's pretty sure she knows where babies come from.
Speaker 7: Hey, Peyton, you should ask your dad where babies come from? I know?
Speaker 6: Yes? Wrong again?
Speaker 9: Which clipping is it?
Speaker 8: Oh my god?
Speaker 9: I'm your host, Jeffrey Earlyworm Debo. Let's get into the shock collar question of the day. We have a bucket full of names. We're gonna draw one out to who gets asked a trivia question. If you answer wrong, the punishment is to be shocked while singing a song. So text into seventy five nine to two until s which one you would like to hear? Jose, you gotta draw a name out because you're the shot call the last who get.
Speaker 7: Jose beer nut Milano Nuts?
Speaker 9: Okay, Jose is gonna put on the shot collar while that happens, Digital Jay, please read us a shot collar question of the day.
Speaker 4: Over the last forty years, information has been collected and stored in something called the J Archive. As of last count there are more than four hundred thousand entries on there, and normal people from around the globe come together to add to it. It's a free service that's easily accessible on the Internet, and it's updated exactly five times a week. What kind of information would you find in the J Archive?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 9: The J Archive? Okay?
Speaker 1: And over four hundred thousand. I mean my first thought is what does J stand for?
Speaker 8: Right? Like journalism Archive?
Speaker 1: But those are already archived by the papers and the news stations.
Speaker 7: The archive themselves.
Speaker 8: And why would you need to update it five times a week? I know that's a lot.
Speaker 5: Monday through Friday, you're updating it.
Speaker 8: Well, it's like really precise.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, there's a reason people do it, right, wouldn't they want to make money? Or is it just to help society.
Speaker 1: I mean over four hundred thousand entries, he said, and anyone can submit to it, which means it can't be something too smart.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, instructions for brain surgery.
Speaker 1: Oh, but instructions aren't bad. What if the jarchive is instruction manuals for different.
Speaker 7: House old I don't like for people to help.
Speaker 1: How you use your vacuum cleaner. Here's the instruction manual.
Speaker 9: So what would JA stand for?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 1: Maybe Jay's a dude who started it, like Craig from Craigslist.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's the name.
Speaker 9: Looked at the question one more time.
Speaker 4: The j Archive has been around for forty years and is growing five days a week by the help of people from all over the globe. It's free to access it, and many people love it, although one famous celebrity was told of its existence and then was quoted as saying, really, get a life, people, What kind of information would you find in the Jarchive?
Speaker 7: No, it's not that useful. It's it's silly and stupid, like a meme archive.
Speaker 8: But it was a celebrity who said it.
Speaker 9: Or maybe it's like an archive talking about celebrities, like oh, I ran into this celebrity and they were a jerk and it's all the archives.
Speaker 1: K archive like a like and people post and they're just negative stories about collecting stories if you're serveral, celebrity or jerk.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I met buck Fox and she only tipped me one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Scam a scam? What do you mean a scam?
Speaker 9: Like a list of scams.
Speaker 8: Or conspiracy theories?
Speaker 1: I mean, if we're going to talk about a.
Speaker 8: Wage time.
Speaker 9: Suggestions from anybody to give a Jurassic archive where they find But what.
Speaker 1: If it's some sort of movie archive that you know, how like people like to keep track of every butt scene or every kind of like the junk Archive. I don't know, it's it gough archive. I have that.
Speaker 8: Friendly How excites do you just say?
Speaker 1: There's a lot of let's just gets naked?
Speaker 9: Give us an answer? What do you think?
Speaker 6: Ever?
Speaker 1: You guys, that's what happens there.
Speaker 9: It's a happy place until you get on it, right love the dark web? What do you think?
Speaker 7: I think?
Speaker 9: I'm going to go with the Jay stands for jerk and it's the jerk archives where people will talk crab about.
Speaker 4: The j Archive as of this writing, has four hundred and twenty one thousand and forty entries, the first of which came in the early eighties. It's grown so much over the years that companies like IBM utilize it and admit their AI computer Watson wouldn't be possible without it. Every weekday, that's five days a week. In the early evenings, the new entries start to roll into the j archive because it's the number one most comprehensive database. Four every Jeopardy clue ever broadcast on TV, and the celebrity who said get a life was none other than Alex Trebek.
Speaker 1: Question ever funny that the smart people in this room. I've never been to it, but yeah, idea, we.
Speaker 9: Didn't get it right. And so somebody wanted to hear the song dance Monkey by Tones and I jose get shocked.
Speaker 3: Dance from a dance from a dance For me, I've never seen anybody do the things you do.
Speaker 8: I didn't like that.
Speaker 1: I know I used.
Speaker 8: To like it.
Speaker 9: Not you're singing it in the back of a van. Shock Collar.
Speaker 6: Question of the day, Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 9: Guys, it's free phone Friday.
Speaker 8: I don't know what a giving away phone.
Speaker 9: It's where we get to know each other better through the use of our phones. And the people who were pre selected to participate today were Jose and Alexis. So two of you get your phones out, put in your password, open them up, and then swap phones. All right, once you guys have passed it to each other, you're gonna have exactly one minute to look through whatever you want on there and tell us anything interesting that you find about the other person.
Speaker 7: It's one minute.
Speaker 9: It's only one minute looking How much filth do you think she could possibly uncover in one minute? All right, so here we go.
Speaker 6: Go comforble.
Speaker 9: No, don't say anything until the music is done. This is your chance to look. Okay, Brook, what do you think they're gonna.
Speaker 5: Find on they're both technologically inempt.
Speaker 1: I think both are going to find inappropriate pictures.
Speaker 9: Oh I was thinking maybe on Jose's phone, but Alexis is probably getting mostly like Fisher Price games, Sesame.
Speaker 1: Street Chat checker, DMS in Instagram.
Speaker 9: I feel like.
Speaker 7: Because I don't know how to back out.
Speaker 9: Truly, I didn't expect that much complaining.
Speaker 1: It's like old people trying to work on Its just a lot of back up.
Speaker 9: One ute is up Alexis. I know that you could barely figure this out, But tell us the one most interesting thing you saw or read on Jose's phone.
Speaker 5: They has hundreds of unopened snaptot messages and I am one of them from days ago, and he has not opened any of them.
Speaker 9: Male or female?
Speaker 1: Can you tell it's obviously female?
Speaker 4: Endless?
Speaker 9: Jose is either really popular into some really shady dealings. Jose, what did you find the one most interesting thing on Alexis's phone?
Speaker 7: Interesting fact that I found was that you are texting a million girls as well, and you have not hooked me up with one of these ladies. It's like on Sue Soon.
Speaker 9: Keep in touch with my family.
Speaker 7: Tom's mom. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You, mom, She messaged me okay, sent me.
Speaker 9: Chocolate before you pass it back. To make sure you forward yourself some of those contacts so you can reach out to them. But make sure to join us next week and we're gonna try Tinder match. Mondays, you guys will exchange phones and check out potential matches and conversations.
Speaker 7: I think I have Pat.
Speaker 9: Don't have time for that film. Laser story wants to give my kids Laser stories. Brook. It's coming up next. It's the radio segment that brought a swear jar to Samuel L. Jackson's birthday party and he made sixty thousand dollars. That was just off Julia Roberts. Wow, it's laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the glove, just like everyone else does, except we have a laser and those other plane snakes just don't. This first laser story is out of Colorado. A hunting party in the Colorado Wilderness contacted authorities when one of their guys didn't return to camp. Scary night was closing in and they were incredibly concerned, seeing that they were camping off trail in a swampy, dense area some big testicles to pull.
Speaker 7: This does sound fun.
Speaker 9: The authorities began a scouting mission but couldn't find him. Then a black Hawk helicopter took off the next day and searched for hours.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: The crew was about to give up when they noticed something. A man with a backpack was in a clearing looking up towards the copter, but according to the pilot, he wasn't in distress. He was just waving high.
Speaker 7: I got to see. A helicopter saw that, and they left.
Speaker 8: They left.
Speaker 9: Only problem is that really was the lost hunter.
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 9: Thankfully ground crews were able to find the man.
Speaker 1: Shortly afterward, a helicopter was thrown up a peace sign like, yeah, cool man.
Speaker 9: He was cold and dehydrated, and the reason he said he wasn't jumping around when help arrived was because he was exhausted.
Speaker 7: Now makes sense.
Speaker 1: At least he could wave both arms like.
Speaker 7: Oh, this guy's sleeping, let's not bother him. He just passed out.
Speaker 9: The crew thinks the man is at fault, though, saying, if you're lost in the woods and a rescue helicopter spots, you don't give a friendly one handed high wave. Come on, aggressively move both of your arms above your head like your life depends on it. Yeah, that's like you want to be sald I don't agree.
Speaker 1: I don't agree.
Speaker 10: He wasn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, he couldn't have been that tired. It hadn't even been twenty four hours.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: I could understand. Maybe after seven days he.
Speaker 8: Did to pick up both his arms.
Speaker 2: But come on, no, wait, one controversy continues.
Speaker 9: Let's go to your next laser story. Out of North Carolina, a guy named Omar Cory runs a small IT company, but had a lot of free time on his hands early in the pandemic. So what did he do with it? He decided to start answering all the telemarketer calls that he got so that he could sue them.
Speaker 8: Sue them.
Speaker 1: You hearing about these people and they're making bank doing it.
Speaker 9: Last year we reported on a guy from Texas who did the same thing and made seventy five thousand dollars in a year.
Speaker 1: WHOA, it's crazy.
Speaker 9: But for Omar, like a lot of us, he's on the do not call list, so they're technically not allowed to call him. Most people don't jump through all the hoops to actually do anything about it, though, Oh ye, I'm on.
Speaker 1: The do not call list. Who am I starting to sue?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: He says he wouldn't suggest other people try this because it was basically like a full time job, but he ended up getting settlements from twenty to thirty different companies for a grand total of around one hundred thousand dollars. That is worth it anyway. Now Omar's figured out what he wants to do with all that money. He just bought a bar in downtown Winston Salem and he's calling it the wrong number. Oh my god, I love it story. He's going to do a soft open next month, and he's really staying on theme with it. A lot of the spam calls that he got came from debt companies. So the drink menu is going to include one called debt Relief It and another one called car Warranty.
Speaker 1: I had a scam teenie.
Speaker 9: Go check it out. This next one's out of invention headquarters. Cool, a company in Japan, has come up with a new innovation called moo Talk talk like a mashup of mute and talk.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: I thought it was something where we're going to finally figure out what cows were saying.
Speaker 7: That's amazing, Brook, I actually want that.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna have to wait a little longer for that. This is for loud talkers who can't keep their voice down when they make calls.
Speaker 1: Okay, is this directed to me? You were just complaining about me calling my husband out in the open office area every day.
Speaker 7: I'm also very loud.
Speaker 9: Basically, it's a new Bluetooth mouthpiece that straps to your face, over and around your mouth.
Speaker 1: It's like a muzzle.
Speaker 9: It muffles your voice for phone calls in public.
Speaker 1: It looks like a VR headset that goes around your mouth.
Speaker 7: It really does perfect description.
Speaker 9: Big and bulky, goes over your mouth, and when it's on your face, it creates an air pressure pocket that prevents sound from escaping through the airhole.
Speaker 1: O can we please?
Speaker 9: We should because people who are around others who use it apparently say they love it because they can't hear their coworkers endless over the top chatter about their daughter's missing purple pants.
Speaker 8: Specifically what the call was.
Speaker 9: Oh, I wasn't talking about you there, bro. That must have just been a wear a coincidence.
Speaker 1: He needs the pants for the outfit.
Speaker 9: It just we all heard anyway. The makers say it lowers the volume of your voice by twenty decibels or thirty for really loud talkers, so even someone right next to you couldn't make out what you were saying.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you can tell all sorts of secrets and oh you can talk it in front of them. Kind of evil.
Speaker 9: They're not available for purchase yet, but they should start shipping in a few months for around one hundred and forty dollars. Personally, I hope these catch on because they look funny and I just want to laugh at people. This next Lazer stories out of the Tucson of Emoticons. Like the City, emojis provide a feel for messages that words can't always convey. But do you form an opinion about people based on the emojis that they like to use? Chains should happen?
Speaker 5: It's stupid people keep happening to me.
Speaker 9: Adobe just released the results of a big study they did on emojis, and it includes lists of the ones that make people more and less likable when they're flirting or dating. Right, I use a lot of emojis. So the three that make you the most likable are the face blowing a kiss, the smiling face with hearts, and the smiling face with heart eyes.
Speaker 7: All right, a constantly used.
Speaker 9: The three that make you the least likable are the pile of.
Speaker 1: Pooh oh, yeah, how is that flirting?
Speaker 9: The angry yellow face, and of course the eggplant.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, those are all obvious.
Speaker 9: Just be careful when you're asking someone if they want to go and get some eggplant parmesan for dinner.
Speaker 8: Man, I hate you now.
Speaker 9: Using emojis is generally a good thing whenever you're flirting more than half of adults forty in younger say they'd be more likely to go on a second or third date with someone if they use them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe I won't.
Speaker 1: Go off you don't use them? Doesn't it feel too direct?
Speaker 8: And I mean, like, are just cold if they don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just mad at you.
Speaker 7: It adds so much to a text.
Speaker 9: It's funny. Alexa said that because among gen z ors, thirty eight percent say they would absolutely not pursue a serious or long term relationship with someone who does not use emojis.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like if you just say have a good day, that sounds like it's a backhanded thing now, But if you say have a good day smiley face.
Speaker 1: You're like, okay, the hearts around it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it isn't all flirting, though. Thirty two percent of young adults say someone they were dating used an emoji to into relationship with them. Wow, seems high. Not even just a breakup text, a breakup emojima.
Speaker 8: That's so sad.
Speaker 9: The heartbreak emoji. Okayah. Regardless, emojis are so big nowadays, half of users are more likely to respond if a message contains an emoji. I know this guy is just hoping that they make a turtle on a Nike emoji very specific. It's way easier to send that than actually ask a shoe out. That sound means the Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time.
Speaker 6: On Monday, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 9: We got an email from a listener the other day that gave me hope. Hey, we got hope, guys world, hope's in the building. Hope they're here for a long time. Things are changing. But let's get serious for a second. Because this listener said that they heard something on our show involving Jose that inspired them. Whoa okay, a little bit thick.
Speaker 1: This didn't come from like one of the prisons or anything, because we do get a lot of prison mails.
Speaker 9: It's not one of those. This is just a regular listener who decided, you know what, I need to do more than just listen, I need to try some of this stuff in my real life. And they did. They tried something that they heard on our show and then sent us proof of what happened.
Speaker 1: Is it part of a lawsuit?
Speaker 9: It's not. I really think that our listeners and everyone in studio is going to get a kick out of this and maybe even put a little hope into your life. Kids are into it. We're gonna do it. Coming up, we have to wait.
Speaker 1: Yes, didn't you hear our studio audience of twelve year olds.
Speaker 9: I don't know about you, guys, but rarely do listeners reach out to me.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I am sorry.
Speaker 9: It might be because I don't check my emails or my social media. Maybe they do.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 9: But someone said that they heard something on our show and it inspired them to do it themselves. Okay, I'm shocking. I know.
Speaker 1: It's like my first thought is actually idiotic. Why don't you follow in our footsteps?
Speaker 9: But you know, like recently, another listener said I heard something on your show that involved Jose and tried it myself. Here's how it went. The guy's name is Dustin. He's twenty eight years old, and Dustin goes on to say he hasn't had the best of luck with attractive women. Okay, that's an interesting statement, Brooke. What's your take on that?
Speaker 8: What do you mean.
Speaker 9: When someone says I don't have good luck with attractive women?
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That sucks attracting people you're attracted to, then you know you got to fix that.
Speaker 9: I agree with you needs to fix himself. I think you're just the way that you are. But Dustin goes on to say, in the land of dating apps, he knew that he needed a new strategy for approaching things, and that's when he tuned in one morning and heard Jose give him a little bit of hope.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a funny guy.
Speaker 9: That's a statement you rarely hear. What's your take on that.
Speaker 1: I think Jose is a really funny guy. Like I think humor can make up for any sort of attractive stuff.
Speaker 9: Dustin might be in the same boat. And his emails pretty long because he attached screenshots of the text conversations he's been having with one young lady who he describes as being significantly out of his league. And I'll show you a picture of Dustin because he sent a picture of himself in a screenshot of the girl that he's chatting with. Two. Her name is Tatiana. So there she is and there's Dustin.
Speaker 8: Is she real?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, it looks like his passport photo is.
Speaker 9: Tatiana looks like a model though, and Dustin said he was intimidated and nervous until he tried using vegetable puns to make her because if you remember, we did a segment about a month ago where I took Jose's phone and messaged women for him on a dating app, and with one very pretty lady, we tried catching her attention by texting a bunch of vegetable puns, which Brooke absolutely hated. And that's exactly what Dustin did, because he sent us the texts.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to read them to you.
Speaker 9: I remind I'm reminding you this is a loyal listener of ours, so please do not rip him mercilessly. So anyway, Dustin replied to the prompt on Tatiana's profile that said, let's debate this topic. Best nachos in the city? Oh great, and so he wrote, you don't know. I guess it's nacho fault. You don't know the best place like I did. I mean, And that's when Tatiana, the woman who's out of his league, remember, actually matched with him and sent a smiley face. You know what that is, Brooke, that's the door opening this why yes, door romancy can fair?
Speaker 8: Is it just the light coming through?
Speaker 9: Just the light Dustin suggests a nacho comparison date, her favorite nacho spot versus his favorite nacho spot, and no response. Oh okay, rule of thumb. If brook loves it, it's going to fail. Reason why there was no funny puns in there.
Speaker 8: Ye okay.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but he's learned to not give up and when all else fails, go back to puns and making her laugh. Does his next message say Okay, clearly you don't like the nacho comparison date, and I don't blame you ridiculous idea. We need to focus on vegetables for our hangout, hopefully a date that can be unbeatable.
Speaker 8: Okay, so.
Speaker 1: Something it's the easiest of the vegetable pun.
Speaker 9: He goes on something that's not been there, done that, emojila. I promise to Romayne, calm let us emoji while I wait for your response. Two days later, no response. Dustin didn't give up. He's the rudy of our dating world. So he tries one last line, Okay, I give up. I'm kaling it a day, And at that point Tatiana replies. She says, She says, haha, you are on a roll. Not show comparison date sounds hilarious success very often, but he's got her back now. So Justin responds, let's set a time. I'll bring clipboards and we can review the nots in ten different categories. She hearts that, but doesn't respond for the entire weekend, so Dustin waits three more days and goes back to the.
Speaker 1: Well, does he set a date like as in a dr.
Speaker 9: Prune that's able? He says, no response, Is it because you're a vegetarian. If it is, it's a huge missed steak and puts a steak emoji.
Speaker 1: Okay, my fruit's not good, but his okay, because it's okay.
Speaker 9: Admittedly, Dustin does get a little bit desperate here and writes, oh, man, what the hell am I doing here? Bread emoji? I know I'm butter back off, butter emoji. Hope to hear from you again so we can catch up.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, it's like a one trick pony.
Speaker 8: Was going to give us hope.
Speaker 9: And after that, Tatiana replies, Haha, wow, that's awesome.
Speaker 8: Yes, a date.
Speaker 9: Well, they don't have a date. Yes, so we can't call this a victory at the moment, but he has agreed to keep us updated on what happens next, and hopefully he knows we're all rooting for him. I think the big question here, Brooke, is will he stick with veggies or is he going to move on to something else like cheese punts.
Speaker 1: Maybe this girl is interested. Oh yeah, I mean she's certain, she's entertained, and I think that it gives him the confidence that he needs, because that's what he's last.
Speaker 9: You know what, Dustin, if you want to move on to cheese puns cheddar luck next time. I believe in you. Phone taps coming up.
Speaker 6: Next, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 9: We're running out of time, so I can only tell you the bullet points of the phone tap that it's about to air. Okay, woman, cell phone problem, Yeah, Brook, bad helper?
Speaker 1: Wait what laughter?
Speaker 9: Phone tap right now?
Speaker 1: Yay?
Speaker 7: I love it, we need it.
Speaker 1: You think I tried to be a good helper, but you decide for yourself.
Speaker 9: Mornings on the twenties.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, this is Patty Melt calling from wireless. I'm looking for Britney.
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh, Yes, it's me.
Speaker 1: I'm calling regarding it could play to email us about Yeah.
Speaker 10: Sorry, it's hard to hear because it keeps cutting out but that is actually the whole problem with my phone.
Speaker 11: Oh but I think what you.
Speaker 10: Were asking, Yeah, my phone, like my calls keep dropping out for some reason, and it's been happening for like a week at it so annoying.
Speaker 1: I'm taking notes right now. Yeah, okay, and don't worry. We are the number one service. We're gonna get this cleaned up, splicety lit.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, that'll be great because this has been extremely frustrating or.
Speaker 1: Is it lickety split? You know, sometimes I just get things turned around. So let me go over some prompt questions for people who are dealing with the same thing, because apparently it's happening a lot in your area. First question, what medications are you on?
Speaker 11: What medications?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 10: Huh, I think that's a breach of medical like privacy.
Speaker 11: I don't know why you need to know that.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm not a doctor. There's no hippocratic hypocritic, whatever that oath is, I don't take it. Yeah, I'm just wondering if you're on anything you know, a small percentage of our cust stomers or on hallucinogenics.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm not on hallucinogenics. I'm not like hallucinating that I've called to cutting out.
Speaker 1: Well that's good because you know some of our customers just imagine it.
Speaker 11: So are you curious right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We did a study in twenty eighteen that found a small percentage of people thought they had drop calls had actually exposed themselves to mine altering substances.
Speaker 11: How does that have to do with anything? Oh, that's your question again.
Speaker 1: It's just a small percentage of people. Something I have to ask. It's my job.
Speaker 11: Okay, great, I'm not high. Can we move on to the next question?
Speaker 1: Not high on anything interesting? Okay? Yes, got it? And next question? Do you own or rent a hairless pet?
Speaker 10: Do I own or rent a hairless cat?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Pet?
Speaker 1: Pet?
Speaker 8: Pet?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe an iguana, lizard, sphinx dog?
Speaker 8: I mean cat?
Speaker 1: Does count?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Would weasel? No?
Speaker 11: I don't own a hairless pet. Okay, what does this have to do with my phone?
Speaker 1: That's a great question, and I do have an answer for you. See one study done in nineteen ninety three found that cell phone companies with households that had one or more hairless pets could possibly disrupt cell coverage in warm climbate areas. Isn't that fascinating.
Speaker 11: No, it's really not and it's not relevant, and.
Speaker 10: I don't know why you're talking about this.
Speaker 1: Well that study would say differently, but.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm not undrugged and I don't have any hairless cats. So that's one of the actual phone stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is the phone stuff. We have about two hundred and thirty five questions to go.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, No, I don't have time for this.
Speaker 1: Okay, I hear you. You know what, I'm going to speed it up for you. We can just get to the second subset of questions, Oh my god, do you own a cell phone?
Speaker 11: The question is do I have a cell phone? Even though the whole reason.
Speaker 10: I called is because of my cell phone issues and I'm literally talking to you on my cell phone.
Speaker 1: Well, in a study done in two thousand and three, wait, zero zero zero six y five percent of people who called in to complain about cell phones didn't actually own it.
Speaker 10: And that's what you're starting because this question, this has like nothing to do with my phone.
Speaker 11: Can we please fix my phone?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 1: I think this next question will get to the bottom of.
Speaker 11: It, so I highly doubt that.
Speaker 1: So do you or a close relative currently live above or near an old radioactive dumpy ground or now unabandoned silver mine.
Speaker 11: I'm done, though. You don't talk to a manager.
Speaker 10: No, I don't live above a mine or a dumping ground.
Speaker 11: No, I need to talk to a manager. This is horrible.
Speaker 1: Okay, I completely understand the last are you. Yeah, we did a study back in twenty twelve that found.
Speaker 11: No no more studies. I don't care.
Speaker 1: It did find that no one lived near those things.
Speaker 9: I don't care.
Speaker 10: I don't care what they found. I don't want to hear any more facts or statistics.
Speaker 11: I want my phone fixed.
Speaker 1: Oh so you don't want to hear my last question.
Speaker 11: No, I don't want to hear any more questions. I was just stupid.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask if you listen to Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. What because this is actually a phone tap, it's a brank phone call.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, here.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is actually Brooke.
Speaker 7: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 11: I was about to throw my phone in the trash.
Speaker 1: Well, you could thank your husband for that, because he's the one that set you up for this brank phone call.
Speaker 11: I'm going to kill him.
Speaker 10: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, I actually can't help you with this body. Cell coverage I don't know if you could hear that, but unless you want to hear about a study we did in nineteen ninety four on albino penguins using cell phones as flotation devices.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, please please?
Speaker 6: The week up every morning was phone tap weekday mornings on the twenties, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, Alexis.
Speaker 9: I'm curious, when you're on a dating app, on average, how many matches do you get in a week? Like fourteen fifteen thousand?
Speaker 5: They didn't feel good. I mean, I don't know if I match with all. I'm picky about who I actually matched with.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm saying how many people are like matching on you?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't count.
Speaker 1: I don't really just say a number. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I guess fifteen thousand, Like jeff said.
Speaker 9: Just fifteen thousand. Do you need help? Maybe you should try mother filter or something like throwing a second pair of fake eye. Yet, just imagine if you're the type of woman who constantly gets bombarded with thirsty messages on the rag.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, and if you're just a female.
Speaker 9: Well yeah, the uper echelon, Like, how could a regular guy possibly compete in a c full of eligible bachelor's. Well, one of our listeners says he used one single gift that made him instantly stand out from the pack, and it even got him a date with a woman way out of his lead. Let me know, because I'm going to say this gift, well, he's actually gonna share his secret move. It's coming up in second date update right after this second Date update. When I was thirteen years old, this is true, I recorded an original song called Reach for the Sky, which the sky.
Speaker 1: I can't believe. We've gotten to a point where you willingly playing this.
Speaker 9: It's dead last on iTunes currently. But the thing is, the underlying message of this song is no matter what you do in life, you should aim high, shoot for the stars. Even if you're a weird, little sheltered Jewish boy. What's the worst that could happen?
Speaker 7: I wish we could just hear more of it without us talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Good thing is.
Speaker 9: Even though that mantra didn't really work out so well for me, because here I am in the dying industry of terrestrial radio, Luckily it did work for one of our listeners named Brett, who says he shot for the moon in his dating life and it may have actually worked out for and so let's let's talk to him right now, Brett. How's it going, man?
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: Guy?
Speaker 9: Oh man, you've been young Jeffrey Fans you're single years ago and now you're reaching for the stars or what.
Speaker 1: He's the one person that download.
Speaker 9: But then immediately deleted it before it even finished.
Speaker 3: That's all right, dude, I got respect. Like it's true, like I do, like I choot for the moon, like I'm always looking for the best for the stars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what does that mean in your dating life?
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I mean, you know, Like, so when I'm dating, like, I love the challenge of trying to get with somebody that's just completely beautiful, knowing that like I don't really deserve them.
Speaker 9: Well, tell us about the challenging woman that you met.
Speaker 3: Our names Hannah and I matched a ten.
Speaker 9: Like, good for you? How do you? How do you land a ten? What was your secret?
Speaker 3: Well it's almost like, you know, so I go into like my laboratory and just like your.
Speaker 1: Lab, you have a lab this okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So I'm like, I try to be witty with her. I make some jokes and I guess the term is courting, but like with somebody who's that gorgeous, it's worth it to work for her attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like it's worth it for anyone that you're interested in. It doesn't have to be only worth it for tens. But okay, so it.
Speaker 9: Sounds like their attention. It sounds like you used some like witty, interesting humor on her and that got her attention.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like she did respond with me, but it was kind of hit or miss. I wasn't always getting a response from her. And granted I was a little corny sometimes, but like I was genuine.
Speaker 1: Oh, give us an example. Can I hear an example of something you would have said to her?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, it just wants to be sweet talk to rights.
Speaker 3: I told her that she had pretty eyes.
Speaker 9: Oh man, a lot. Where's the funny part that come from your laboratory?
Speaker 1: It's not mixing with a lot of chemicals.
Speaker 3: Well, so, like I sent her a gift of like Steve Mashimi.
Speaker 9: That is actually was funny. Okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So finally, like we get to the point where I'm like, okay, hey, you and me dinner Saturday night?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Did it happen?
Speaker 3: And you know, I'm sitting there kind of like waiting a while, and it's just after a while she's just like, no.
Speaker 1: Oh, turn down.
Speaker 3: What well? I was back to my laboratory and then like they're like thirty minutes, I get another text. She says no Sunday, six pm. And I'm like, okay, heya.
Speaker 1: So she said no, but then she said yes, she's trying to be funny.
Speaker 3: She said no to Saturday, and then half an hour later she said, I can do Sunday.
Speaker 9: There we go, not.
Speaker 1: Quite worthy of a Saturday night, but that's you know, you're getting your foot in the door.
Speaker 9: Date is the date? So what did you end up doing?
Speaker 3: Well? So I said all right, so sushi? Okay, all right, and then she responds like immediately like no, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Did she give a suggestion or do you just have to keep going down the list of different foods?
Speaker 3: No? But half an hour later, another half an hour later, she suggests the place that's by her apartment.
Speaker 1: Okay, she just bossing you around telling you whatever. Yeah, yes, ma'am, it's a power move for sure.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, so you ended up going out to a restaurant.
Speaker 3: Yes, we did.
Speaker 8: What was that like?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: So like I was so nervous when I got there like half an hour early, and I had them like set up the whole table because like I wanted everything to like look perfect. When she got there and she comes in, she also she like does not disappoint. She is every bit of amazing as she looks in her pictures.
Speaker 1: And great conversation, she only says no, yeah.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: She walks in and I greet her with the table and everything, and she says we need to move the table that she can't sit there.
Speaker 8: What.
Speaker 9: Wow, you specifically chose the best table in the house, didn't you.
Speaker 3: Well I thought I did, but she had her reasons. I don't. I don't know. I just wanted to make her comfortab So I was like, no problem, We'll move the table. And I asked her if we could, like, you know, if they're getting everything together. I was like, you want to like get a drink or like get to know each other. And she's like, what you asked that?
Speaker 9: Isn't that the whole point now that we're on this date. Would you like to have a conversation, perhaps you have some food?
Speaker 1: Why She's gonna say no, she said, don't every other question you ever ask this woman. Why would you set yourself up for that?
Speaker 3: Well, she said that she'd feel more comfortable if we didn't start getting to know one another until we moved the table. So we just sort of got there and she think, she.
Speaker 1: Is, Wow, you're attracted to this still.
Speaker 3: Right, she's a she just looks so amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I don't know if your brain's working, but something's working in your decision making.
Speaker 3: Look, so we got it. We got moved to another table. Huh, and she likes the corner spot and you know, it's great. It didn't really last very long.
Speaker 1: Did you ever get to know each other at.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm trying to sense was there like an actual love connection, any type of bond all.
Speaker 1: Jef, because it sounds like you just stared at her the whole time.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I'm not. I was trying really hard. As I was walking her out, I was like, I've got a surprise for you, like I have something for you, And she said, oh, I didn't realize. I didn't see kidnapping me on your profile.
Speaker 1: And what is a joke or.
Speaker 3: Yeah she was joking.
Speaker 1: I think, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: Like kidnapping jokes?
Speaker 9: All right? Did you laugh at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tried to, like I've been trying to laugh it off. But I had some flowers in my car I wanted to give her.
Speaker 1: And she thought it was going to be zip ties and duct tape. That was probably a pleasant surprise. So I went to the car.
Speaker 3: So I gave her some flowers and I asked her if I could walk her to her apartment, and she said no, Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 7: Respect her boundaries, right, what can you do?
Speaker 3: Of course, I offered, So that's it. I tried to text her for another date, and uh, that's all I got.
Speaker 9: Maybe that was your opportunity to actually kidnap her like she wanted.
Speaker 1: That's what we want.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, I don't want to unveil a mystery, but it sounds like she's just a typical girl, just want maybe a nice free dinner. You seemed like a nice enough guy and maybe.
Speaker 1: She's trying to find love, but you were a no, Yeah, we'll find out.
Speaker 9: I guess I think you should be kidnapped her. But one of these answers is right. We're gonna call her and find out which one it is when we do your second date update right after this date A perfect ten I don't know if I've ever seen one before.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 9: Oh, you're right, except when I look in the mirror. That was true. Thank you for pointing out this.
Speaker 1: Side of the room. Come on, out of ten, you do the division?
Speaker 9: That's smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm fine with the division.
Speaker 9: Tens are rare, but they do exist. And one of our listeners, Brett, he actually matched with a perfect He actually matched with a perfect ten online. And her name is Hannah. She's kind of a handful though, because she shot down pretty much every suggestion Brett had for their date, changed the time of it, the location, even made them move tables when they were at the restaurant, which might sound high maintenance for a nine or lower, but again, Hannah's a tent. Yeah, and the standard tens get what they want.
Speaker 8: Wouldn't it be nice to live in that world?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Honestly, it really is nice to live.
Speaker 9: In that world.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Brad.
Speaker 9: Before we get started, you said that you've been texting a little bit with Hannah, but it's been spotty. What's the nature of your text with her?
Speaker 3: I texted her, I've invited her bowling, I've invited her out to the bar.
Speaker 8: Don't want to bowl?
Speaker 1: Breaking nail exactly.
Speaker 3: But I've given options, you know, like I've expressed that I want.
Speaker 12: To see her again, and what is she saying?
Speaker 3: Sometimes she gives me nose and sometimes it's nothing.
Speaker 1: So you're not misunderstanding that she's not interested. You're just hoping we can help you. I see.
Speaker 9: But the fact that she is still at least responding at all, I think that's a win.
Speaker 1: Now we're going to try the man thing to say, well.
Speaker 9: You got to look at someone else positive on this show. I guess it has to be me, So let's call this other ten and see what she has to say. You're ready to do this, Brett, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. I'm thrilled. I haven't been blocked yet.
Speaker 9: All right, but maybe after this. Here, I'm doing your number right now. Hello, Hi is this Hannah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, answer the phone.
Speaker 9: Really nice to talk you right now. My name is Jeff from Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, Hannah. Those are some other people that are on the show, but the main person you want to talk to is me.
Speaker 8: How are you doing, Hannah?
Speaker 7: I'm Jeff's assistant.
Speaker 11: Okay, what's up.
Speaker 9: Well, we're doing a really special segment that we only do for really special people like yourself. It's called a second date update, and we're looking to reconnect you with a really cool guy that you went out with recently named Brett. Hello.
Speaker 12: Okay, do you remember Brett?
Speaker 8: Hannah?
Speaker 11: Yeah you do?
Speaker 8: Okay, good?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 1: Did he What kind of impression did he make on you?
Speaker 12: I don't understand why I would be coming you guys.
Speaker 1: It's a good question.
Speaker 9: We spoke to Brett about your guys's date, and he had a lot of really nice things to say about you and said he had a good time, and he's been trying apparently to arrange a second meet up. Well, and I'm sure whatever, whatever the reason is, it's not your fault.
Speaker 1: You think it's Brett's fault.
Speaker 9: I'm just trying to I'm trying to guess. Panah, I'm on your side, is what I'm trying to say. No matter what you say, it's right.
Speaker 1: Bread's getting the vibes that maybe you don't want to go out again.
Speaker 9: Sound like a seven would say it, but oa.
Speaker 12: Okay, Yeah, I'm just like doing stuff.
Speaker 9: Okay, maybe that's great, Maybe you could do stuff with Brett.
Speaker 12: Okay, I don't want to do the type of stuff that he keeps asking me to do Like, he's texting me about bowling and I told him I hate bowling, and he's just like still asking me to do that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do, okay, or anything you like? Yeah, it's a good question, Alexis.
Speaker 12: I like dinner but only because I have to?
Speaker 1: What do you mean only because you have to?
Speaker 8: You don't have to.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you have to eat activity to live.
Speaker 9: If she had a choice, she would never have What would you do?
Speaker 1: What is there anything you find fun? It just sounds like you hate everything.
Speaker 12: I don't hate everything. I just don't like everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, pessimist, Well, I think don't call me that.
Speaker 8: Don't call you you don't like.
Speaker 1: That's what a pessimist is.
Speaker 8: They don't.
Speaker 12: Here's my situation. I don't like activities in general. I don't want to do that. So honestly, it's just like, if he wants to go out to eat, we can do that. But other than dinner, I'm really not interested in acts, throwing or all that other dumbs that he's text me about.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, so curious what you do all day?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Sounds perfect.
Speaker 9: I think that that would be okay with Brett. He was just trying to figure out some fun stuff that you guys could do together.
Speaker 1: Take away fun, don't do fun.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he just wants to find some stuff.
Speaker 8: Not even stuff.
Speaker 9: He just wants to while you both don't enjoy it.
Speaker 12: You guys literally have any other questions for me? Because I have other stuff to h I do a one more question.
Speaker 9: Would you like to talk to Brett? And the answer is yes, because he's on the other line right now, listening and wanting to say something. Brett.
Speaker 3: Yo, Hey, and it's Brett. Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 12: I'm trying, Brett? Why do you have these people calling me?
Speaker 3: No? Look, I just I really like you. I just heard a bit of what you said. I just what do you mean like you don't like to do activities?
Speaker 12: You don't mean it super clear. I'm okay, what's going out again? Honestly we could do that. It's not a big deal. But I don't want to do anything.
Speaker 7: God, he sounds perfect.
Speaker 8: Do you understand where Brett is?
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm a little confused. So what do you do?
Speaker 12: You just have that we can eat? But you know what, honestly, I'm thinking about going on a forty day fast.
Speaker 3: So what you want to do what would what do you want?
Speaker 12: Okay, honestly, Brett, listen, I'm over dating at the moment. So if you really don't want to do it again, like, that's fine too. No, No, like it's whatever.
Speaker 11: I want to date you.
Speaker 3: I just like, so, like, do you want to just hang out and watch TV?
Speaker 11: Maybe?
Speaker 12: No, Listen, if you want to buy me dinner, I need to eat. Let's do that.
Speaker 3: We can.
Speaker 12: That's it. And no activity, But.
Speaker 9: The TV seemed like a good suggestion, Hannah, Like that, that's pretty much not doing anything right.
Speaker 12: TV is an activity and I already made clear I'm not interested in activities, right, Okay.
Speaker 6: Why do you want to?
Speaker 1: I mean literally, we no offense, Hannah, But you sound like one of the least interesting people in the entire We can find you a nice nine Brett. Yeah, it's like, what are you going to offer in a relationship, Hannah?
Speaker 9: Hannah, I apologize for my co host over there. That's a six talking over there. She doesn't understand what it's like being elite, even with a ten.
Speaker 1: If you don't have a good personal like, what are you like?
Speaker 9: You're not You're a ten brooke. You don't have to be anything else.
Speaker 7: You just exist.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 1: It drops you by like half.
Speaker 12: Okay. I don't really understand why you guys talk on nine tens and all these other numbers, but honestly, I really have to go, Brett. Is there anything else?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well, uh, spit it out.
Speaker 12: Just stay with you, say, because I'm going to hang up.
Speaker 3: I want to go out with you again. We can eat dinner. I'll buy you dinner. We don't have to do anything like, just whatever whatever you want to do.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 9: That was kind of sweet, wasn't it. Hannah. We'd like to pay for you guys to sit in the same vicinity and do nothing.
Speaker 7: Guys sit in the dark and just match each other's breathing.
Speaker 12: All right, I'm hearing.
Speaker 9: That's considered an activity.
Speaker 8: Brett, hang it up. I think that was a yes from her, though.
Speaker 12: I think that was a yes only if he pays. He doesn't need your money, Okay.
Speaker 7: A charity, Brett. I get it.
Speaker 9: You got the bill on this, I got it.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 9: Well we did.
Speaker 1: This feels so wrong. There's a lot of other women out there.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be like like a silent film.
Speaker 8: Like I like soup. He likes soup.
Speaker 1: She doesn't like anything her.
Speaker 7: Head, and even she did like it, she wouldn't talk about it.
Speaker 9: I'm be careful eating soup, is in activities dangerously.
Speaker 6: Close freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 9: I feel like we have to do this every few weeks. But once again I must warn my co hosts, please do not openly bag on the people that we're trying to score dates with.
Speaker 1: She was just mean, like she wasn't nice. I'm not gonna be nice to people who aren't nice or kind or just something.
Speaker 7: Kind of boring.
Speaker 9: She was just sad. She was saying what she likes and who she is, and you're out there telling her she's not interesting. She's a pessimist. She's a terrible person.
Speaker 1: When the pessimist is it somebody does everything.
Speaker 9: The pessimists that doesn't like everything. See, it doesn't feel good to be called I'm.
Speaker 1: Just trying to defend our listener and help him in his life.
Speaker 9: That choice to go out with this woman still coming after I say she's unique, she is different. Don't you think we should celebrate the unique different people in our community? Brook or do you want to take away her rights too?
Speaker 1: What's unique about her?
Speaker 7: I agree with you now. But if this girl hit me up on my I love you, say anything, I don't say nothing. I don't like to say anything either.
Speaker 9: So you can be all judgy, but me and jose are going to be enjoying our time with her. Nothing absolutely nothing, parties.
Speaker 1: And I annoy her in two seconds.
Speaker 9: Anyway. You can always email the show for help or find our podcast up online at Brooknjeffrey.
Speaker 6: Dot com Brooking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 9: Unless you're driving right now, I'd like you all to close your eyes and picture the worst roommate you've ever had.
Speaker 7: It's me.
Speaker 1: Sam kind of checks out for you.
Speaker 9: But if you are driving, go ahead, picture your worst roommate sitting on the back bumper of the car ahead of you.
Speaker 7: Oh no, speed up.
Speaker 6: Them alive.
Speaker 1: I didn't like it, but I didn't want violence.
Speaker 9: Some woman's never heal Brook And that's why a brand new survey ask people to share the weirdest things they ever caught their roommates doing. Oh and I'll just say one of them involves somebody waking up in the middle of the night and finding something alive crawling around on their floor.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 9: He whatever you're picturing, it's probably not that, but it's pretty hilarious. We're going to tell you some of the worst roommates of all time coming up. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. And some things in this world are super rare, like identical twins, a YouTube video with no inflammatory hateful comments on it, plumbers wearing pants that actually fit.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Maybe the rarest thing of all is finding a normal person without any weird quirks or habits to be your roommate's exactly.
Speaker 8: That's what that is.
Speaker 9: I mean good roommates few and far between. I say that because people are revealing the weirdest and worst things they ever caught their roommates doing. They're sharing it online. It's gonna make you feel good if you're living by yourself right now. Yeah, so let's go over them. Number seven says one night, I caught my roommate cleaning the dishes by actually licking the plates clean and putting them back into the cupboard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my four year old would do, not an actual don't.
Speaker 9: The weirdest part is he knew there was dish show because sometimes the soap would be on his nightstand next to his bed. I still don't want to know what he was using it.
Speaker 1: From that sounds like, I mean something was clean in the house, the dishes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't want to know what baby ducks off with that Broyeh.
Speaker 9: Number six says I had a strange roommate who was very possessive over all her stuff. She didn't want me to touch anything. The strangest one was that she taped a big piece of paper over her wall clock because she says she didn't want to share it with me. Oh, so she wanted to check the time. She'd pull the paper back, peek in, and then quickly cover it up again.
Speaker 3: Takes it.
Speaker 1: But I feel like this is a person who had a lot of siblings and then finally moved out.
Speaker 9: And suffing of her own finally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like I just wanted to be my.
Speaker 9: Hey, what time is it?
Speaker 7: Leave me alone for yourself by your own clock.
Speaker 9: Number five says, I remember one of my roommates had a secret booger wall in our room. Continue I agree with it, said on move out day, he revealed a portion of the wall he covered up with books, and he admitted he was sticking boogers there for the last two years. I kid you, not there was a giant, yellow, brown circle of boogersta the size of a large beach ball.
Speaker 1: I'm actually I mean, that's the thing discussed, is that we didn't actually have to see it, and I'm still scarred.
Speaker 9: Can't very interesting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, very chic textured wall.
Speaker 9: If you're just joining us, We're going over a survey where people shared the strangest, weirdest things they ever caught their roommates doing. Number four says I once walked out of my room and found my roommate lying on the kitchen floor.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 9: I thought he may have slipped or been injured or something, so I asked if he was all right, and he said he just wanted to get himself dirty before hopping into the shower, and proceeded to make floor angels for another good fifteen minutes or so.
Speaker 1: Two questions here, Why was your floor so dirty that he could just lay on the floor and pick up.
Speaker 8: A lot of stuff?
Speaker 9: And what was the second question?
Speaker 8: I mean, he wasn't dirty enough, right?
Speaker 1: Why was you?
Speaker 7: Excuse Yeah, the shower? Do you want to take a shower?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I think that's getting two things done at once. He's cleaning the kitchen and eventually going to clean himself.
Speaker 1: I guess it is a different way to him, different way to mop.
Speaker 9: I mean, I think that's smart.
Speaker 1: His name was Swiffer.
Speaker 9: Number three. On my first day of college, I had a roommate who cooked a big batch of spaghetti bolonnaise for all the students on our floor.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 9: He handed out plates of food to all the people that wanted them, and then afterwards we went back into our room and he showed me that he used a can of dog food in the sauce and started laughing, maniac, No.
Speaker 1: Wow, is that illegal?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 6: To die?
Speaker 9: Are you asking because you want to try it any.
Speaker 8: Of your food?
Speaker 1: I mean, I've been a poor college student before. Sometimes you got to work with what you can get. Dog foodak some of my dog's food. I'm like, dad, this looks pretty dope.
Speaker 9: There's actual peas in here, eggs or cheap broke. I'm telling you, one of these stories is about Brook is definitely one of the bad roommates. I have a great roommate in your mind.
Speaker 1: A little messy, ye, little messy.
Speaker 9: Let's keep going. Number two says my roommate had a girlfriend that didn't attend our university and she would come and stay over forr entire weekends. Here it is, here's brook I can tell.
Speaker 7: There we go.
Speaker 1: I used to have my boyfriend that went to a different school stay in my bunk bed with me all weekend, and looking back, it's really cringey and I should apologize to my roommate. If she's listening, I'm sorry, they said.
Speaker 9: Whenever she swung by, they would just stay in bed, keep the lights off, order delivery, and never come out of the room. At one point, I woke up in the middle of the night to a weird noise. I went out and found a baby crawling around our room.
Speaker 1: That's where I did.
Speaker 9: Turns it turns out they were babysitting and just let it roam. Okay, what that? Yeah, And the number one weirdest thing somebody caught their roommate doing, according to the survey, says one of my college roommates had his dad come visit for a weekend. The two of them seemed pretty close, and they actually drank and partied at fraternities together. I guess my roommate thought it was totally okay to have his father sleep completely naked in my bed without permission. I came back from my morning classes and opened the door to the sight of his dad's hairy bottom poking out from under my bed shoes.
Speaker 7: Oh girls, okay.
Speaker 1: Brook, Yes or no, well my dad is naked.
Speaker 8: That's the one it will be.
Speaker 1: I never that happened in my life, but if that was the scenario, it's not far off.
Speaker 9: Yeah, those are the weirdest things people ever caught their roommates doing.
Speaker 6: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 9: Brook, you're going for three wins in a row today, all right, and you're gonna be playing t are you d Adam Wayian? You will see it's Trudy from.
Speaker 12: Oh my gosh, that's hilarious.
Speaker 8: Wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, that doesn't happen every time you enter a room.
Speaker 12: Surprisingly, no it doesn't.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna try and get that gullet.
Speaker 9: I'm sensing an accent on Trudy too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Texas, Texas, Texas.
Speaker 9: It's the deep south of Texas.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, definitely a yeah.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say like it sounded Australian to me.
Speaker 1: They sound really by San Antonio down under.
Speaker 9: Yeah, got it all right? True? Are We're gonna send Brook out of the studio and you know how the game's played. You have thirty seconds. Stand for as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, just say passed and you have to beat Brooke outright to win? Ready? All right, your time starts now on this day. In nineteen eighty four, Michael Jackson was burned while filming a commercial for what soft drink Patsy? What three colors are on the flag of Mexico?
Speaker 6: Green, watts and red?
Speaker 9: How many hairs does Homer Simpson have on the top of his head? Wand in which city is the amusement park euro Disney.
Speaker 12: Located just outside of Paris.
Speaker 9: We produce enough saliva every day to fill up a regular size can of coke, a wine bottle, or a plastic butt. Let's do the cart all right, Yeah, let's bring Brooke back into the studio. And so you're Australian. What's one stereotype about Australians that's absolutely true everything? Okay?
Speaker 1: By yeah, I will say to Australians are everywhere. I've never traveled to a place around the globe where there wasn't an Australian vacationing and they're like, oh, how long are you here for?
Speaker 8: I'm like, oh a week.
Speaker 1: And they're like, what, we're here for six months.
Speaker 7: We're like salt, We're everywhere.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, And then they like take off their clothes, they offer you a beer. They're the nicest piece. All right, Brook, your turn? You ready?
Speaker 1: Oh man, she's got the Australian education. I got the American public education.
Speaker 9: So we'll see you ready to do yes, your time now. On this day in nineteen eighty four, Michael Jackson was burned while filming a commercial for what Soft. What three colors are on the flag of Mexico?
Speaker 8: Red, green, and white?
Speaker 9: How many hairs does Homer Simpson have on the top of his head? In which city is the amusement park euro Disney located. We produce enough saliva every day to fill up a regular size can of coke, a wine bottle, or a plastic bucket wine bottle. Got the answers in, Let's go to the scoreboard and see how you guys did with Jose Oh oh baby, she moves, je moves.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Trudy, you got three correct today?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 7: And broad yes, same amount of questions and America versus Australia International battle.
Speaker 8: Okay, Australia.
Speaker 7: Oh wait, Brooke Winn Sorry, I'm American.
Speaker 9: I can't yeah, Oh no, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Trudy.
Speaker 2: Oh that's okay.
Speaker 4: We're good.
Speaker 8: Hey, you did good. You did good, Trudy.
Speaker 9: Let's go over the answers for everybody here.
Speaker 8: Let's find out find out.
Speaker 9: On this day in nineteen eighty four, Michael Jackson was burned while filming a commercial for Pepsi fire works misfired and set his hair and jacket on fire, and he suffered second degree burns from that. The three colors on the flag of Mexico are red, white, and green. Homer Simpson has two hairs on top of his head. Euro Disney is located in Paris. Trudy nose located just outside of Paris. It sounds like she's been there before.
Speaker 1: Where it was, I'll tell you Australia's traveler.
Speaker 9: Yeah. We produce enough saliva every day to fill up a wine bottle, and over the course of your lifetime your spit will fill up fifty three bath tubs.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is a disgusting that's called an Australian bath is what it's called.
Speaker 9: All right, we'll see on a mountain ski trip sometime in the near future. Sure all right, we'll be back to play Windbrooks Black same time a Monday
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning