Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded. Y'all know what time. Y'all don't know y'all at all at all, So don't give them bus busy.
Speaker 2: Listening to show.
Speaker 3: I don't joy, yeah, joy.
Speaker 4: You gotta do that.
Speaker 2: Turn, you gotta turn, you.
Speaker 3: To turn the mouth the turn you probably got to turn mouth out the water then up looking.
Speaker 1: Come come on, you'll think, uh huh, I sure will.
Speaker 5: Good morning everybody. You're listening to the voice, come on, dig me now, one and all that Steve.
Speaker 1: Harvey Man oh Man, got a radio show, yep.
Speaker 5: Trying to make it work too. I'm not trying. I'm getting it. I'm getting it done to the best of my abilities. Now, something funny my father taught me. He says, so when you've done all you can do, if you've done your absolute best and you look up and it didn't get the job done, take a deep breath and do some more. That used to bug me, man, when my father used to tell me. That is the son, when you've done your absolute best and you think you can't do no more, You've done all you can and it still don't get the job done.
Speaker 1: Take yourself a deep breath and do some more.
Speaker 5: And you know, what I found that has worked every single time, every single time, because what my father knew was that what you think is your breaking point or what you think is your all in all, he says, son, it's just something about it. Man, if you just gather yourself, you got a little bit more. Everybody got some more. And you know, I gotta be honest with you.
Speaker 1: It has worked. It has helped me greatly.
Speaker 4: And you know it.
Speaker 1: Everybody does have some more. You know.
Speaker 5: I tell that to my sons all the time. Dad, I did my best. Well, let mens you something else. Could you have done anything else?
Speaker 1: Could you have.
Speaker 5: Studied a little harder, Could you have shown up a little bit earlier, could you stayed a.
Speaker 1: Little bit later?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well then okay, that's what you should have done. Then see, there's always a way. But if you're going to create excuses, if you're gonna make them up all the time about why you don't get it done, I have a very very sad statement for you right now. You're never gonna get anything done. You're never gonna get to the top.
Speaker 1: Not to the top.
Speaker 5: You can get halfway up. Now, you can get a third of the whey up, you can get three quarters of the whey up. But if you don't have that little extra reserve in you, you're not getting to the top. The top is only reserved for those that have the wherewithal and the power to desire, the drive and the gut riching effort to get to the top. The top is reserved only for the top.
Speaker 1: It's just the top. There ain't but one top. Then the middle done, ain't it?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: The top, the top of the mountain halfway is a different view. At the top, things look different from up top. So if you want to get to the top of whatever your profession, your field, your career, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: You got to do extra. You have to do more.
Speaker 5: More is expected of you. More, but his what's really crazy, more is required of you. Don't live your life in a lasadaisical state. Don't wake up every day with the feeling of, well, you know, whatever happens happens.
Speaker 1: No man have a say so in your life.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: First of all, let me ask you something. Who has God? Name the person? How that God has given authority over you?
Speaker 5: Name the person? But who is the person? Nobody has domain over you? God didn't create that person. So what you're sitting here for man, what are you sitting here for letting people who do not know direct your path? Why are you worried about all these people with what they got to say about you and all these people with what they got to think about you? When here's the news flash, they don't know either. All these people that you overly concerned about, all these people that you go into these answers for, they need answers to.
Speaker 1: Stop. What are you doing here? Gather yourself for a minute. Here is a solution to all of that.
Speaker 5: You have one source that will be there for you to the end of time, and that is your relationship with God. That is the one thing that's solid and for show. He's behind the wall. He's in your jail cell. He rides with you in the police car. He's with you on your job up ato school. He's down there in the board meetings with you. He goes with you when you travel on plains. He says with you when you're in a relationship. He helps you with your parenting skills. He helps you. He's there to assist you. He show if you do the right things, he show you and guide you to your next job. When you lose your job and you think it's a rap. There's some good behind him. Man, God is always working on your behalf. To those that believe, you, just gotta believe.
Speaker 1: He don't ask you for nothing else. Believe in me. That's all He asks you to do. What you're tripping for.
Speaker 5: Man, And then when you make the decision to believe in Him, and it comes out your mouth from time to time somewhere.
Speaker 1: What you're worried about, what people say, What you're worried about, what they think for? Why who are they?
Speaker 5: They need God to you telling them you found something new that you're gonna give this a shot right here. Now, They got some yan ying yang and some yak of the yakh to say about that when they need God too. That's what amazes me, man about people sit up in here, man, be knocking your eve and stuff. Look, if you're an atheist, man, do your thing, do your thing. But you can't create no laws. Why I can't do mine? That don't make no sense, man, that makes no sense at all to me. You have the right to go be whatever you want to be. You know, if you don't, you don't like the fact that I'm in school, got my head bowed down and I'm saying a prayer for I take this test.
Speaker 1: Just don't buy your head.
Speaker 5: Don't you pray. But if some kids want to get together, that's some crazy mess. That's what happened in our schools. We took prayer out of schools. Now look at our schools. You send your child to school and someone else comes back home. That's a whole nother thing right here. That's not what I want to talk to you about. But I was just throwing it out because you know, hey, man, your relationship with God is essential to your success as a person. It's essential to your existence. It's essential to where you're trying to go and what you're trying to be. Because He made you, Why would you not talk to the person that made you to find out what he created you for. I ain't talking about your parents, who made your parents. This is God, we created in his image. Why would you not talk to your maker to see why you got made? That don't make sense to you. If you're sitting and gotten yourself in a situation. You sitting in the jail cell somewhere, you locked up, you doing some time, man, be a good time for you to refle But whatever your situation, is man. God can get you through it. He can give you the strength, the courage to wherewith all the understanding everything you need, the wisdom to get you through anything you going through. You just got a touch base with him. I need God every single day of my life. And what he's done for me man off the chain. But guess what he'll do the same thing for you.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 6: Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Three. When you think of love, got it?
Speaker 7: Get it on your mind. When you think of love, got it? Get it on your mind, Billy R. Valentown, when you think of it.
Speaker 1: And hell God, and get it on your mind. Yeah, that's how we're doing it today. A little bit different.
Speaker 6: Hey, good morning, Happy Friday, Steve.
Speaker 1: It was a throwback Friday opening for me. Colin for Rell, never mad on a Friday. I love it, Steve more never Mad m Junior, Jodasy Junior. What's happing on one? Everybody? King of pranks? If you tell me y yay? Top topics Friday. Baby, let's get it unk yo, go get it younger? Look yeah, noah, I want to know young young enough our Oh yeah, hey boy, oh the truth boy. They still put on the show. Uh huh they do. Yes, it is. You're feeling good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gonna get this family feud out the way of to day and uh, get me two days off for the weekend.
Speaker 1: What're you gonna do this weekend? Because I have no idea. Nothing is at the top of the.
Speaker 6: List, thoughts yill mode. Yeah, how do you sleep? I know you're a morning person, but like on your days off.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe six six that's late for us. Deep. I get it in deep on weekends six thirty.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I was up this morning at four thousand.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you have to come to work. Yeah, but I ain't got far the drivers are you working at? Yeah? I work out first, that's what you're working in. Such a pain working on fat ain't it ain't ship. It ain't just working on fat.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: I got plenty of muscles. I'm muscular. I don't need it. I just need to uncover them at all. Only nice man. I'm strong. I'm strong as hell. But you're doing card A lot of cardio.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: I don't do no, a lot of damn card. I don't like cardios. I do it, but I don't like it. You know, I do a combination. It's lifting aardi coming there oh okay, that's the best way to shred. Wait for me, cardio without weight training isn't the best way to burn it because I got a tone in shape too as I go. No, I don't like hit either, Junr. You don't like I don't like high intensity training.
Speaker 1: You don't like Jim. I like lip.
Speaker 5: Lip low intensity, low intensity training. I like lit cop low intensity training with coffee.
Speaker 8: All right, coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, and the nephew is on deck, would run.
Speaker 1: That brank back right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 8: Morning show, all right, and it's time now to start your morning off with the nephew and run that brank back what you got for his nef then.
Speaker 1: I claim your kid. Let's go. H Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach devn Devin. Yeah, this is hey Devin. How you doing, man? My name is Curtis Man, Curtis. I was trying to reach out to you.
Speaker 9: Your your your son, Uh he plays basketball with my nephew. Man, your son is the one that's on the on the Blazers little league basketball.
Speaker 4: Team, right yeah, yeah, he plays for Blazers. Everything all right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah? Everything?
Speaker 9: Good man. You know they got a game Saturday and everything. I've seen you a couple of times, man at the game. I don't know if you remember me, man, light skinned brother about about six foot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I probably met you mess. You know, i'd be so intense to the game. But yeah, what what's going on?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, actually, man, I wanted to high at you about about your son.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: You you are you are?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 1: Are you working right now? Are you currently working?
Speaker 4: Am I am? I working?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am working? Actually, I mean I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I mean you have aye a steady job, is what I'm asking.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, what you what you get in at though? Like you know, I thought you were calling about the basketball team, like uniforms. I know, we got a game Saturday. You know sometime they want donations for sneakers and.
Speaker 1: All that, like you know, no, no, no, no, no, no, what I was asking? So so, I mean you you got a regular nine to five job you go to all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a nine to five. I mean, things is kind of crazy, but I was just kind of short. But you know, I still I still work. I mean, what was going on? You need a job something?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm just checking. Man, see.
Speaker 9: What I wanted to get at you about, man, is seeing are you gonna are you gonna claim your son uh on your income text this year?
Speaker 4: Hold on, bro, Now you said, am I going to claim my son on my taxes this year?
Speaker 1: Right? I mean, like you know, as a dependent?
Speaker 4: So you asked me some real personal questions. Now you know, like you to you just that you you know me from the basketball team that my son play on basis you know, and now he doesn't jump from the Blazers to do I clean my son on my taxes? And do I have a steady income? I mean, like you know, yeah, I got I gotta study income and I'm cleaning my flight. What I mean what you're trying to get at Bro?
Speaker 1: Well we'll see.
Speaker 9: Man, what I was thinking. You know, I just want to read you seem like a cool dude when I saw you at the gym.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 9: What I was gonna ask you, bro, is you know see right now, Man, when I get through with my taxes and stuff, I'm gonna have to owe about eight hundred dollars. But now I see if I clean a child as my dependent, man, they gonna give me By twenty two, twenty three, hundred. You see what I'm saying and what I wanted to get at you about, man, is you know you let me clean as my son, you know, so I can go and get this good money.
Speaker 4: Bro. Love bro, Bro, I mean what all due respect, bru you're talking about you want to clean my son on taxes? Hold on, Bro, I don't even know you, and you're talking about you've seen me at my son's basketball game. You might be the police for all I know. Bro, he sound like the police.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, it ain't. Ain't nobody gonna come at your sideways like that. Man.
Speaker 9: I ain't trying to come like what I'm trying to say. Man, they gonna hit me off for this eight hundred. Well see I can get twenty three hundred. Man, I kick you down two fifty. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Man, everybody cool too, Simpty you crazy? Now you sound like a joke, bro, because now you're insult to me. You're telling me you want to claim my own for some where you owe money. I don't even know you food so I can make two fifty. Bro, I ain't trying to be on no, brother. When I claim my kids, I'm getting the same exact like you getting. I'm getting twenty three hundred two. So what I look like taking two hundred dollars from I don't know you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: Okay, but I'm the one stuck over here paying the eight hundred. Man, I'm just acting ask you to look out for a brother.
Speaker 1: Man, you said look out.
Speaker 4: You know my text and cut from forty hours a week to thirteen hours a week, and I still got these little backs to me for Jordan, Michael Jordan. They never put it down.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm trying to hook you up with two fifty.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Damn, you don't even see a good thing when it's coming at you.
Speaker 4: Brother, Bro, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Bro, No two or fifty? Bro.
Speaker 4: When I clean these two little I'm getting twenty three hundred dollars a piece. Bro, What you think I'm gonna take two fifty for you? For it? I don't even know you like that? Man.
Speaker 1: You ain't got it. Yeah, you ain't got a trip.
Speaker 4: Man, Then if you was my brother, even my people, you know, maybe we can do a little something. I can understand that. But brother, you ain't gonna give me No. Two fifty when I'm getting the same thing they offering you twenty three hundred.
Speaker 1: This comment money, bru So what are imposed to do? What am I opposed to do? Devin?
Speaker 4: Tell me that I mean, bruh. What you're supposed to do is go hide you all seed clean that little every year and you'll get what I get for these little that I'm seeing in clothing every day. That's what you're gonna have to do. My hour was done, got cut from forty to fifteen hours a week. I have to go pick me up a little side or understand. You gotta change your ways. You're trying to get me locked up for government scams.
Speaker 1: What I'm trying to do, man, is get this eight hundred off my back, dog. That's all I'm trying.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody trying to get no trouble man.
Speaker 4: But you're still talking about getting you eight hundred and getting me locked up. Now you got me up. I'm out here working hard to support my kids, man.
Speaker 1: But I ain't fin the city and go through this with you no more.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I ain't finna city and go through this with your normal.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna help me with this money or not, bri ain't help you with b I see you on Saturday, Broke. I'm gonna pack you up. Bro. Thomis you broke?
Speaker 1: I need your son soldier security number right now? That's what I need.
Speaker 4: Bro. Let me tell you something, Broke. What you look like?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 4: You said life and he's going to stop six foot bro? When I see you when I step in that gymnasium, Bro, I'm on your You ain't on that. You ain't on Blazers blazing Lakers.
Speaker 1: Bro, you gotta bring that damn soldial security number.
Speaker 4: I think it's a game. I'm gonna come find them.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool. I got one more thing I need to say to you.
Speaker 4: You're lifting to me on my phone. Bro, Why don't even talking to this fool?
Speaker 1: I got one more thing I need to say to you. Man, if you're listening to.
Speaker 4: Me, say your last statement. You want your toolstone?
Speaker 9: Bro, This is Nephew tire Me from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got prank baby, this Nephew Tell me, man, what's up, Devin?
Speaker 4: What fool? You caught me out here going crazy?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: You got hey? Do you got a boy that you work with named crazy?
Speaker 9: Put me up to this man, Man, keep doing what you're doing. We need good daddies in the world.
Speaker 4: Brother man, thank you.
Speaker 9: Hey, one more thing, man, I gotta ask you. You got to tell me, man, what is the baddest radio show in the land?
Speaker 4: Man? Steve Harvey Morning Show? Y'all crazy? Man, I'm a beat.
Speaker 1: And then you have it.
Speaker 6: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, guys, it is time for usk the clo.
Speaker 1: Are you ready? Is the course? Just laughing? Okay, here we go.
Speaker 8: Bonnie in Augusta says, my mother and I fell out over the guys she's seeing. She is seventy seven and he is fifty one, and he's moved in and living off her retirement and her Social Security check. When I go over there, the house is a mess, and his friends are usually there. Mother has already been the type to has always been the type to need a man, any man around her, doting over her. The final straw for me was when she called and said that this man's twenty eight year old daughter and three month old baby will be saying with her temporarily.
Speaker 6: This is insane. How do I stop this madness?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: Clo oh no, just ain't a chief? Love officer question, this is a social service. Yeah, you need to call in down to the office. You know, these are social services issues right here. I don't know how oving in with babies, na, I mean her mama seventy seven, she'd have made a decision. She been doing this for a long time. This man fifty one being used. The friends is always over there. Now the daughter and the baby, her baby fit to move in. She gonna have a lot of company.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know, I mean, maybe that's what she likes, the daughter.
Speaker 5: Maybe the daughter might have to understand her mama likes company at this age and want people around her all the time, and maybe it feel makes her feel vibran She may have to come to that. I know it sounds crazy for your mama. I know they're using your mama, But if she don't see it that way, I can't make her, and I'm not sure if you can too.
Speaker 8: Wow, living off her retirement and her social Security check, Okay, that.
Speaker 1: Ain't a lot of living. What to tell all the people in there doing all right? Well, Christy, we'll move on.
Speaker 8: Christi and Southfield, Michigan says, I'm a twenty nine year old teacher and I was in a friends with benefits relationship for a year with the principle of my school. We kept it low key because we worked together, and during the pandemic he said he was falling for me, and I was overjoyed because I love this man and I thought we could finally stop hiding.
Speaker 6: I was wrong.
Speaker 8: Last weekend, I saw him at Whole Foods and I met his wife.
Speaker 1: She was pregnant. He texted me later that day.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he texted me later that day and said he only married her because of the baby. My heart dropped. Is he being honest about his feelings for me? Or was I just a side piece?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, he married her just cause it a baby. That's been his wife. Yeah, just say the shotgun win that's been his wife. They planning that baby. Sorry, sister.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how with all this stuff, ladies.
Speaker 5: I mean really, and I'm not mad at you, I'm not dogging, but you gotta be smarter these days. Y'all have too much stuff on access where you can go on their social pages, you can ask questions, you can google, you can find out stuff. Everybody got a friend in the police department, every grown woman, Yeah, got a girlfriend that's dating the police officer. All got a family member that's a policeman or some run these license plates.
Speaker 1: So you can find out this information you need to know. Man, all you got to get they self security them. This stuff ain't hard, You're right, all right?
Speaker 8: Moving on Valencia and the DMV says, my forty four year old ex husband is a and he keeps throwing shade because I beat him at his own game.
Speaker 1: He cheated on me.
Speaker 8: I cheated back, and now he can't take it. He had the nerve to have a woman come into our garage and give him an oral exchange in his car while he thought I was asleep one night, So I did him one better and I had sex in our bedroom with my ex boyfriend and I sent him pictures.
Speaker 1: God, yes, yes, it's ugly.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 8: We're getting divorced and he's trying to get sympathy wherever he can. How can I get him to be happy with his mistress and keep my name out his mouth?
Speaker 1: Whoaahoa, keep your name out his mouth? Didn't y'all? Didn't you do this to shame him?
Speaker 9: M H?
Speaker 5: How y'all do all this dirt to each other and then all expect everybody that clean. I don't understand. I'm at a loss. I'm very confused. Who said he had a woman can do an all exchange on him in the garage while he thought you were asleep, you went up to him and had your ex boyfriend come to y'all's house in your bed. I don't know who this fool is that did that. Could have got shot in his back. But I don't know who this dumb ass boy is that did this. But now, all y'all tricky. Two wrongs don't make it right and wrong number three or four ain't gonna make it right either. So how can I How can you keep your name out of his mouth? He don't try to keep stuff out people mouth.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, this is just a mess right here. This is just get divorced and go yourself. All right, Yes I do. You're dating a woman who has a dog.
Speaker 11: It's obvious that this dog don't like your ass.
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Well, I'll do one of two things.
Speaker 5: First thing, I'll let her make the decision the dog on me, because I ain't gonna keep coming over here.
Speaker 1: Getting bit Oh he's biting you too.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just saying, now, I ain't gonna go on he keep getting growled and sniff that bark at all this mess. I'm not gonna do that every time I come home. So what I'm gonna do is, I'm gonna make me one one of the things will be. It's either gonna be the dog on me. Oh, I'm gonna bring some specially prepared treats over there. See you ask in the corner throwing up hard. The bar can throw up at the same.
Speaker 1: That's what it sounds like. Nothing you're doing, but you're the dog. I'm gissing. All right, thank you, Cela.
Speaker 6: We'll stop it right there.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 6: Morning show. I want to ask the crew, how well do you have to know someone before?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sex man?
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, you want to go.
Speaker 4: There, let's go there.
Speaker 8: Steve says, what sixty to ninety days? Steve, and it's book Steve said ninety day.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, if you're trying to have relationship, uh huh, you ain't got nobody.
Speaker 1: No time to have sex. Yeah, if you're just trying to you know, you just trying to do something. That evening, Yeah, that evening. There we that that evening. You can do something I've never I never cared for that. I don't know. I ain't like I ain't had one nice stand, but it never never was never ever.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well you always like to have a little more meaning behind your action, Steve.
Speaker 1: Look, look, let's lie to each other. I miss you, I love you, I love you. I was thinking about you. Yes, I like that part of it.
Speaker 5: Get some fun at this, but you know, I'd rather afford to have some relativity to it. I don't want just this hill because I didnet have that that. You know, I've been young, like everybody else, I have had one nice stand. It ain't ever ever rewarding. Ain't your nice standing the one that ain't ever been good rewarded? What are you saying, No, Jeff Will they are some of the greatest moments of all time.
Speaker 1: You got your relationship in trouble.
Speaker 9: Well, no, my relationship is fine. But when I had one nice stand, But way back in the day, those were great days. Wow, wonderful.
Speaker 1: I left so great.
Speaker 9: I ain't got to call her, she ain't got to call me. It ain't in the costs be armed and the relationship costs. You know that love costs.
Speaker 1: So you meet someone meet him dinner. Maybe we can get a quick bite. But now let's get on too. We're not Finna. Why is we at dinner talking? We're not Finna be talking? No more happened? How fast is the bike? Bite is real? How much?
Speaker 9: How long did they get them? Prize in your mouth and McDonald's Thomas, try to write there and eat this.
Speaker 1: On the way your house or her house. You ain't come to my house. I don't know you like that.
Speaker 6: I can't, but you know her enough.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna put this whole glass trans bag on and we're gonna get.
Speaker 1: Down with it. Wow, all right, look everybody good? Can we move on? Sex behavior and all that?
Speaker 5: I just think it's that For me, it was just a it was a waste of time for me. I only had one one woman that after it was over with, I looked for her.
Speaker 1: Man hunt and she was gone, huh Yeah. I wanted to marry her because the next word out of my mouth was where you be about sixteen at the time? Hell? No, thirty? Yeah you want to continue to such a romantic see? Hell, you got to do this. She looked good and had a party. You don't understand.
Speaker 6: Okay, So more questions, more questions or do you guys want to stick with that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: How well do you have to know someone before you loan them money?
Speaker 1: M M Steve? If you go last on this one, Okay, I'm done with the loaning before. Yeah before okay forty years Yeah, I'm done. You met him in kindergarten. Yeah, it's gonna have to be that. Oh my mama, mama can have anything I got.
Speaker 6: So no, that's you now, that's you now, back in the day, back.
Speaker 4: In the day.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I was I was too given. Uh six months Okay, then you loan them some money. Okay, Junior. I had to know all your grandparents. We we we have we we had to have a friendship at least at the very least. Yeah.
Speaker 5: We had to be considered friends or really close, super cool. You know, maybe not, but we real cool before you asked me for something. Okay, here's a day right now if you want to borrow money from me? Uh you uh, you don't really lend money now, No, but I've loaned money.
Speaker 1: He'll give you. But I'll give you some money, but no, I don't want to be looking for it. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Okay, how well do you have to know someone before you let them stay at your house.
Speaker 1: Let them stay with you. That's a good one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you can't stay at my house. I don't give a day. My family can't can't stay at my house. You're talking about come stay with me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, hell no, I don't know. You can't at my house temporarily until they get on their feet, Like I don't. Never have they say or don't or.
Speaker 5: Let me say something to you that till you get on your feet. What was you using when you walked over.
Speaker 1: On them? Get on them and go somewhere else. Now I would let one of.
Speaker 5: My children come live with us, yeah, you know if they transitioning, because one of them is talking about doing that, coming to LA and living, and so we'll let them stay with us until they get their place.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, my kids. Good, that's what I'm doing. I'm trying to get a place this week. I didn't know I could have came over there to young kids, his children. You already know you can't come stay in relatives.
Speaker 5: No, no, hold on, hold, let's just gonna get this out. You know you can't come stay at my house. I don't give a damn. What's wrong you got.
Speaker 1: You gave too many parties when your uncle was out of town. But I cleaned up. No, no, no, I cleaned up. No, some good parties they no.
Speaker 5: Now, that time you threw the party, used my bed, but then made the bed. You used your bed, yeah, but then made the bed.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what the cleansing person would do, is make the bed back.
Speaker 9: Up, right, Hey, dog, change the sheets we slept, that's it. You don't change those sheets after you sleep.
Speaker 1: One night. Who did you have in there? Was that slab or her name was k We remember that Kiwi?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I remember.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you something Kiwi in Now it looked like a wild animal had been in my bed.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, we gotta remember that time she put that party? Had on youstening morning show time for would you rather? Guys? Would you rather?
Speaker 8: Would you have rather your parents arranged your marriage or marry your most recent x?
Speaker 1: Oh god? Would you rather your.
Speaker 8: Parents arrange your marriage or would you marry your most recent ex?
Speaker 1: I have to go with a on that one. Yeah, yeah, you can arrange, man, because obviously my pick was not the right one to me.
Speaker 5: Le's somebody who got more sense than me picked for me. Yeah, yeah, Yeah, let's try it that. Let's try that, because there ain't no way in the world you marry all my exes is for a reason.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 8: Would you rather drink all the half empty drink or smoke all the cigarette butts the day after you had a big old crazy party.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing now one of them, one of them, drink the half empty drinks, or smoke all the cigarette butts? Pick one? Would you rather? Hello? You were the lasty Miles has been on them things, and yeah, I'm gone them cigarette butts. I'm just going do that. Get it over.
Speaker 5: I can't swallow this stuff, all this backwashing, all this. Yeah, now I'm gonna smoke these cigarettes. I'm gonna like the wrong here first too, so I can burn off a little bit of it. Yeah, I'm gonna do these cigarette butts. I'm not drinking all them half drinks that ain't gonna have.
Speaker 1: That's smart, stee. I'm gonna go hey a drink. Yeah, I'm not doing the cigarette butts. They lift was on them too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it really break them drinks. And watch with him. They've been sitting there all night too. You'll go ahead, all right, you got to pick one you're putting. You're putting liquid in your system. You're not sure all the half drinks? You know how much Dad is done? No, give me some cigarettes. I think I'm gonna be close. I'm gonna get a razor blade and cut that tobacco out this cigarette and and just roll one day, I'm gonna just put it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just put a bunch of vacline on my lips and go on stocks your vascoline, Laura, Okay, yeah, at animal vascline. I gotta use it. And you got to do I mess care.
Speaker 8: Last, would you rather? Would you rather eat ahead of raw garlic or a raw onion? Rock garlic or raw onion?
Speaker 5: Raw onion without a doubt on ahead of garlic? Oh my god, Oh my god, I date a whole onion before pledging.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go. I'm going with that little piece of garlic. I gotta go to the white gart little piece of garlic, cloth of gold. Are you nuts? Are you.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: We gotta go stink.
Speaker 8: That's today's rounded. Would you rather you're listening hardy Morning show? Go small with your goals?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 8: People are already thinking about their New year's goals and this year, it's all about going small. Okay, Seventy five percent of people make at least one resolution a year, but a new survey found that respondents would rather kick off their goals gradually than jump in head first. Almost half of those surveyed also said they'd rather concentrate on long term goals, with twenty seven percent saying they wanted to focus on short term ones. So, Steve, you're a motivational speaker. You motivate people all the time. What do you think should people continue to make big resolutions at the first of the year or should they go small with their goals?
Speaker 5: I disagree with that one thousand percent. I don't understand. There's no winning in small. There's no winning in small.
Speaker 4: Mean.
Speaker 5: Look, what they're trying to say is but everything they're saying is preparing you for failure. It's assuming that ain't no need of you thinking big because you ain't gonna get big. Now that right, there is a negative connotation to me. You know, remember this, aim for the moon. In case you miss, you'll still be amongst the stars. But if you aiming for the fire hydrant and you miss, you down in the damn dirt. See, that's the problem with people passing out advice to people. I'm just against small thinking because it costs you no more to think big than it does to think small. If you say Volkswagon and Rose Royce, it don't take no more Energy's Voltswagon is Rose Royce. Man, y'all, don't let people convince you to take the small approach, because then all you can ever get is small results. I'm just not a proponent of now. What the trying to say is, don't disappoint yourself.
Speaker 1: You go to and you don't get it.
Speaker 6: You expectation because it's just so high.
Speaker 5: Back to me, I just don't like you manage your expectations. See if now, look, either you don't be a person of faith or you ain't.
Speaker 8: Give people an advice though on how to think big and how to not be not to hold themselves back with that type of thinking.
Speaker 1: If you've never okay, he set that kind of goal for yourself.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Well, here's here's a deal. Here's something I learned, and I taught this to myself. It is impossible to think an impossible thought. That's not possible. You think it is possible to think an impossible thought.
Speaker 1: That's not possible.
Speaker 5: You think it is impossible to think an impossible thought?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, okay, then how did you think it? Though?
Speaker 5: If it's impossible, how did you think it? And that's what you've got to incorporate into your thinking. Man, it is impossible to think about. Will you tell somebody man, I had this crazy idea. Man, I don't see how. I know you don't see how, but I'm telling you I saw it. And that's how imagination is given to you. And what we don't realize as people is that our imagination is given to us by God. God places what he has for you in your imagination. Albert Einstein once said, imagination is everything. It's the preview to life's coming attractions. That's just a fact. So what God does is he places the life he has for you in your imagination. The problem we have is we tell our imagination to the wrong people, because if you want to kill a big dream, tell it to a small minded person. And all of us have done that. God has shown us something incredible in our imagination. We took it to our friends and loved ones and they shot it down. I don't see how you gonna do that? Well, I know you don't see it because God didn't show it to you. He showed it to me.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna trust on that fact. Right there.
Speaker 5: If I thought small's no way I get here today, all you got to do is start thinking big. Does a book I recommend to everybody by David Schwartz David Schultz, The Magic of Thinking Big. Go buy that book. It's all written off. All self help books have written off concepts of the Bible. Anyway, A man is as he thinks. If you think you're small, you're fit to be small.
Speaker 8: I love it all right, Thank you. You are a motivational speaker. Coming up next, it is the nephew with today's prank phone call. Any motivation for his nephew and the prank.
Speaker 1: Thanks stupid always Thanks.
Speaker 8: Right after this, you're listening Hardy Morning Show. Coming up at the top of the hour. Right about four minutes after, it's my strawberry letter for today, the subject get a load of this, choosing between two toothless men. No explanation needed. We'll get into that a little later, but right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 1: What you got for his f comb and brush? Comb? And brush. All right, come on care.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to read. Listen, yeah, hey, listen. My name Sean. Uh did you have a al could have passed away?
Speaker 9: Name?
Speaker 4: Yep? All right here your uncle right, yeah, that's my uncle. We were had him about three an months ago.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: What reason why I was calling was I'm the person that actually cut your uncle hair when he passed away. Okay, So the reason why I was calling is, uh, the situation is when I cut his hair. And I know you don't know the history about me, but my daddy and my granddaddy was barb us. We all barb us. Okay, get you come on, bud, get down to the bottom because you told my uncle man, I'm trying to see what's going on for risk, okay, And I'm sorry to call you like this, but what I'm telling you is that my granddaddy and my daddy, they they had passed down a brush and a comb to me. Okay, that is like a tentamental value. Okay, but for the for the last two three months, I ain't been able to find the comb in the brush that I used what I had cut his hair. Okay, So okay, go ahead, and what I was trying to call and tell you was that I can't find it. And I'm almost certain. What I'm trying to tell you what I'm gonna kill? What I mean kiss? So so so what can I do? Tell if you find comb? Brother, father, That's what I'm saying. When I did miss half and edged it up at the funeral home, that's the last time I remember halving it. Well, this was three mons man, right right, it's about three months ago. What I'm trying to think is I left the comb and brush and you know what, went to the funeral home and did his half. And I talked to the funeral home and they told me that, you know, if I'm trying to find a coma, bruh, I got to get permission. And what color is the coma brush? What's the color of the comba? Bus?
Speaker 5: Black?
Speaker 4: That both I'm black. The comb is black and all he got all kinds of combs that black and cold man. No, no, See, what I'm saying is the comb and brush is black, and I know I lost it, but I'm almost certain about where it is. Okay, So if you certain about where it is, why you call him? That's the reason why I'm calling you, because I'm almost certain not left it with him. You listen with my head or so. So I called funeral home. They told me I need to call you in order to get permission to get it. Okay, you call funeral home, get permission from me that you can go get the comb brush from left. The funeral say well you can go down. Then they say, god, no, no, no. See, the comban brush ain't with the funeral home. The comb and brush is in there with your uncle. The work. The comb and brush in the cave. Man, I mean I have of state. You got to say that again. What I'm trying to say to you is that the comb and brush is in I'm trying to say, just say what man, the coman brush is in the casket with your uncle. It since in that six we see. See. What I'm trying to say is that the comb and brush is sentimental value to me. Brother, It couldn't have been too valued. But if you lost it, what now what it wants? Got value? You know? My work? So I just really got caught up in my work. Really, if you talking about you left it with my uncle that dead three months ago? Man? What color is he talking about? On boy all I'm trying to do what you would see if you don't mind approving for them to bring the body up so I can get the comb and brush. You a lost man? What things about that for a comb? But see what I'm trying to explain it this sentimental value. I'm trying to get y'all to bring the body of so I can get my comb and brush. I ever, because like I say, my daddy and my granddaddy was borom. This whole thing is sentimental.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You talking about my dead uncle man, and you talking about bringing him up out of the ground for com man. I just got to start crying around here, and and I understand what y'all going through as a family and stuff. See now I'm trying to get my comb and brother, man, and how you trying to go about doing this. I'll throw it off on boy, because ain't nobody digging up, nobody to bring act no no brust mane. Now you'll got me pissed off now, mane, because you're calling me talking stupid, mane. You're talking about put on my my huncle man. That's man. That's got him enough. Man, I ain't trying to start no talking about calm and brush man right there. But I understand all that, but this is a sentimental value, man, sentimental to me. Man, just something that my little sentimental to me. Okay, go on, my favorite nuncle. Man. Okay, you're talking about pulling up this body. Man, I got full, but hain't man, Man, I don't want no if you becausing out the man that's a man. You sitting you know how you got pray mane and we don't get down like this here. Man, I ain't finn to seen here and argue with you. Look, I got some tea, I got some I mean, I mean, will you stay at man? Let me tell you this, man, I got some people that's here with me right now. You know, some of my friends, and we got some shovels. So I can actually go over there and go on and get the call now and in the morning, ain't nobody gonna even know. You ain't gonna gonna get now on board, say what you donna get? You don't dig for going to get a calm? And I got him self to you talking about go on to Simletes trying to dig a mi. Hey man, I'm finna gone on to tell you just like here going over to a man. I'm trying to get my cam and brush back. I ain't trying to have no problems with you, but I want my call and plus on me. You think you're talking to man going world, greed, going live, great pay, walk on the safe cold they got them about this. I didn't know it. Ain't nobody that's been even about your uncle that's lording that just when you ain't even got lit road to be hollering at me. All nobody hollering at you.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you in I got a call and bush and your uncle jacket, and I want my press what he did one that you might want dig too? Say what from the bush? Then you gonna find right over in there round? So't you you telling you you trying to dig a gratful man?
Speaker 11: Do you stay?
Speaker 4: I've been trying to get these I here. Stop crying. This man stop man, I did you with his body? I wi days. I understand what you're going to do.
Speaker 1: I do if do it.
Speaker 4: I told you, I know my cry is here and I want you to come my nigga or somebody about it. Man over, call me a brush, I got it. I just tried to call you like a man, because I want to get the call and Brush, and I didn't want to go when I give you a permission out if I gotta go without getting your permission, will I always read you don't know me? Clyde would read your Clyde would read the man Clyde with me, your bud, you'll coll I want to say something else to you. He ain't real you are? You listen nothing you tell me from the Steve harm In Morning Show. You just not paint by your boss than man, come out plunked by your boy. Everything got a breast of the curse. I think I needed that cry. Hey man, I gotta ask you, man, what is the baddest radio show in the land? You know, like I know Stephen Harvey Morning? Did I get your man? Old oh man? Getting me at the word man?
Speaker 1: Oh crowd with me? You don't know me? Oh my god?
Speaker 3: That man's.
Speaker 1: Man. That right there is classic? Oh my god, for sure? Brush? Uh all right, I can tell you where I'm at. I tell you what catch me? Just Friday night?
Speaker 9: How about that Friday night on your own network? Ready to love the Nephew hosts. You don't want to miss it, baby, Friday Night. That's nine o'clock Eastern eighth Central only on own. I am your Friday Night guy.
Speaker 1: Tune in with me. Catch up if you ain't caught up. If you're caught up, get ready for us with mold Juices stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Coming up next Strawberry Letters. Subjects choosing between two toothless men. We'll get into it right after this. You're listening Steve Hariday Morning Show. Time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex.
Speaker 1: Parenting, and more.
Speaker 8: Please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're gonna read this one right here, right now for you, Jay, and you never know this letter could be yours.
Speaker 1: Bugle up, hold on typ We got it for you.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: It is the Strawberry Letters.
Speaker 6: Thank you you. Subjects choosing between two.
Speaker 1: Two toothless men.
Speaker 8: Dear Steven Shirley, I'm a forty eight year old, single, educated and professional woman that has never been married. I have dated three guys in the last eight years and decided to give it a rest until recently when I met a very nice man that works with my aunt.
Speaker 1: We talked a few weeks over the phone before we met.
Speaker 8: Then he called me one day and said he'd been in a bad car accident and his face hit his steering wheel, so he had to have emergency oral surgery.
Speaker 1: And all he could think about was me. I rushed over to.
Speaker 8: See him, and when I got there, he greeted me with a big, toothless grin.
Speaker 6: His two top front teeth and three teeth.
Speaker 8: On the bottom were missing. He is already not that handsome, but I was willing to overlook that because we had a great vibe and a lot in common. We went out a few more times and I was so embarrassed by him. Then he said it would be close to a year before he could get tooth implants because there was a glitch with his insurance. I was honest with him and said it's a big turn off to kiss a man without teeth. I broke it off with him, and he still calls to say he misses me. I miss him too, but.
Speaker 1: He still does not have his new teeth.
Speaker 8: So I met another great guy, and he is slightly older than me. On our first date, he took his false false teeth or partials out of his mouth and put him in a napkin. He says it rubs his gum, so he only puts it on special occasions, puts them in on special occasions. I can't believe that I found yet another man without teeth. The problem is I really like him too. It seems like God wants me to be with a toothless man. So should I choose a guy that might get new teeth one day or keep dating a man that takes his tee out whenever he wants? Please help? Okay, first of all, why you bring God into this? God wants me to be with a toothless man. You are forty eight years old, you're single, educated and professional. Nowhere in that description does it say you are desperate, and that's what you would have to be. You would have to be desperate to continue dating these two guys.
Speaker 1: This would be what we call settling. Okay, And you don't have to settle. You do not have to do that. Neither of these.
Speaker 8: Guys should even be trying to date right now until they get their grill.
Speaker 1: Six.
Speaker 8: If his teeth are rubbing against his gums, he probably needs to go back and get them shaved. Down or something. Trust me, they would not date you if you didn't have teeth in your mouth. Okay, if some of your teeth were missing, they wouldn't even look at you. Come on, these magletooth guys are not your only hope and they're not the last.
Speaker 1: Man on earth. So just keep doing you.
Speaker 8: And that just means please do not settle. You can do better and expand your horizons a little bit.
Speaker 1: Go on dating sites. Ask your friends.
Speaker 8: I know it's been a while, but you got to get more into it. Ask your friends to hook you up, friends of friends.
Speaker 1: To hook you up.
Speaker 8: Let people know you're interested and you're single and ready to mingle. Or if Tommy would say ready to love?
Speaker 1: Okay, Steve, Yeah, thanks, Shirley, great answer.
Speaker 5: Mine ain't got a damn thing to do with nothing, Shirley said, I've been to tell you what truth is in this letter right here, all these feelings and all this here. Let's just read this damn letter the way it's supposed to be read and diagnosed.
Speaker 1: Sharley is actually trying to help you. I ain't.
Speaker 5: Yes, let's be clear, No, I'm not. I'm finn to tell some people about they self. Now you forty eight years old, single, educated professional woman, nine so educated though nine so much. You might be book smart, but woo you falling for the okay dope? I have dated three guys in the last eight years and decided to give it a rest and to recently when I met a very nice man. Listen to this, that works with my aunt right there? What when have you ever met anybody that was attractive that was.
Speaker 1: Friends with your damn aunt. Oh, my aunt's friends as ugly ass people.
Speaker 5: My damn aunt agnus eight got a cute friend. Hell, she ain't cute. No, it's no way you can possibly expect to meet an attractive.
Speaker 1: Man that worked with your damn aunt, sag right there.
Speaker 5: Nobody has ever met an attracted person through the damn on.
Speaker 1: We talked a.
Speaker 5: Few times over the phone before we met, you know why, because he already knew I can't let you see me live. We gonna keep this over the phone till I get you hooked. Then he called me one day and said he been in a bad car accident and his face hit the standwheel, so he didn't have emergency all surgery, and all he could think about was me.
Speaker 1: I rushed over to see him, what boy, he just had just had a damn accident. Oh how convenient? This is stupid?
Speaker 5: This raggedy mouth, asked, man been looking like this for years. That's why he kept you on that phone for two weeks. Your aunt ain't mentioned the damn accident, all right? Hold, and aunt didn't tell you nothing about his mouth either. I got more when I come back.
Speaker 8: All right, we'll have part two of Sea's response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Subject of today's strawberry letter, choosing between two toothless men.
Speaker 6: We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening hardy Morning show.
Speaker 8: All right, Come on, Steve, Let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject choosing between two toothless men.
Speaker 5: Forty eight year old lady single, say she educated in professional might be educated book wise, but very easily can be okie dope. Here comes the okie dope. Met a very nice man that worked with my aunt once again, Who has your aunt help bought to your damn house that was attractive? Ever ever in the history of our families, name your aunt that has dated, married, or been friends with an attractive man? Uncle, herbiet uncle, class uncle, Heathrow, Uncle Lester. I'm just going down the names.
Speaker 1: I hold this. I'm just going down the names it I'm attracted. No, all right.
Speaker 5: We talked a few weeks over the phone before we met. Got to get you over the phone. Okay, just let you meet me right off. Then he called me one day and said he'd been in a bad co accident. See this, he'd have told this before. He done set this up before, because you liking me over this phone. Now we fit to meet. Hey, I've just been in a bad accident. His face hit the steering wheel where his airbag at most cars over the last twenty years that had air bags where his air bags at. How his mouth hitt and staying with teared out his whole damn mouth, Lady laid in. He had to have emergency or surgery, and all he could think about was me. I rushed over to see him, and when I got there, he greeted me with a big, toothless grin. He ain't see no blood on his digit, He didn't have gall stuck up in that diddy now, just a toothless grin smiling.
Speaker 1: Did his gums look like they had just been injured?
Speaker 6: Gnaw?
Speaker 5: They were smooth and wet because they've been there for a while. His two front teeth and three of his bottom teeth was missing, and he is already not that handsome, good lord of bity. Now we got an ugly ass man with a wag of ass mouth. I beat damn Your educated ass is falling for the okido. And you know what makes him money attractive because it ain't got no damn teeth. They're talking about a damn card accident. His mouth been like that for a while. Y'all ain't said nothing to you. She probably don't even know you talking to the man. She'd have told you. And he's already not that handsome now he ugly. Now he ain't got a nice smile. He ugged me then when he talked. It's worse when he smiled. It's worse when he eat, just spitting food all over the table. You're hard to keep food in your mouth. You ain't got teeth. I have talked to people ain't got teeth. Before I get it, I walk away from him, cause you're not gonna be spitting on me the whole dog on time. Teeth, Keep food and moisture in your mouth, along with your lips. When you just got your lips, A lot of stuff get out. Then you got to say words like tonight, How you say tonight without no damn teeth?
Speaker 1: To night? Now here comes some more damn spit. I was willing to overlook that, because we had a great vibe and a lot in common. That was in compensation.
Speaker 4: Girl.
Speaker 5: We went out a few more times, and I was so embarrassed by him. Then he said, now he go to other part. It'll be close to a year before he could get his tooth in players, because there was a glitch in his insurance, a glitch.
Speaker 1: In the insurance.
Speaker 4: A year.
Speaker 1: He sitting there, the ragged ass mouth for a year.
Speaker 5: I'll sell my cop I'll sell my house, I'll sell my damn clothes. I'm gonna get me some damn teeth. What I'm not fitna do is be walking around. And you already said the man ugly she said. And now he got a ragged ass mouth, and he willing to wait a year. Man, I'm taking out a loan. I'm going down there. Ever smile or or at your bright or smile bright or happy teeth all doctor, heavenly smile. Now I'm going there corrective dentist. I'm going down to the VA office. Somebody gonna give me some damn teeth. I'm gonna go down.
Speaker 1: There to the morgue. I'm gonna go somewhere somebody got some teeth day.
Speaker 4: Not for no year, not for no year.
Speaker 1: I can't be no year without no damn plumbing.
Speaker 5: I was honest with him, and then uh, I told him, uh that it's a turn off to kiss a man with our teeth.
Speaker 1: Hell no, because it's all up in there. Now.
Speaker 5: Your tongue just loose. It's just loose. You have to roof, you had to bottom, you're in the tongue. It's just just like sticking your tongue in a log. That ain't a kiss. You kissing a log, just a big hollow ass log.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: Now, I broke it off with him, and he still calls to say he misses me. I miss him too, but he still don't have his teeth. So I met another guy, and it's slightly older than me. Oh lord, you already for the slightly old to me old as hell. On our first date, he took his false teeth or partials out of his mouth, put it in napkin. He said, he rubbed his gums. He only puts it in on special occasion. So now right here, you ain't a special occasion. Now you got another poe ass man that boked the wrong damn teeth. He might get some new teeth in a year and then he can't just take your teeth.
Speaker 1: Man, get out of here, all right?
Speaker 4: Thank you forget it.
Speaker 8: Post your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter and Steve Barve FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on demand.
Speaker 6: You're listening hard morning show. You said you wanted to.
Speaker 1: Ask me, asked a question. I'm gonna go around the room.
Speaker 5: This is not about your favorite or none of that. What fast food restaurant? This is not your favorite? Do you think you spent the most money?
Speaker 8: Acts surely, Oh, it's gotta be. It's gotta be McDonald's hands down.
Speaker 1: Carler, Those Fried, Chick fil A, Julia McDonald's, for sure. Tommy.
Speaker 9: Mine is Popeye, Yeah yeah, Popeyes dad, Yes, sir, Old Most Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about you dogs?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I to spend the most money, hands down, Damn Wendy's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll just spend more money in Wendy's.
Speaker 6: What about what about Jay? You didn't ask Jack.
Speaker 11: I think I have Bill jo Rosco's chicken and waffles.
Speaker 5: Food that's not restaurant. It's not fast food, Jay, I said, fast food.
Speaker 11: Well, then it would have to be McDonald's. Then I built another McDonald's.
Speaker 1: You're built one.
Speaker 5: It could be a tie, boy, boy, boy, it could be a tie with me, between Windy's and McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Now McDonald's. Yeah, I did a lot of burger king too.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 9: Oh, I ain't gonna lie to that double cheese burger at McDonald's.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, get your life with them. I'm sorry the double cheese Burgermy.
Speaker 6: That took me to high school.
Speaker 1: Tommy, double cheese. I had a big mc you.
Speaker 5: Right on st with that one boy, that double fish, that double fish, boy had a double.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. You got the special order, you got to pull over.
Speaker 9: To wait for the Okay, when them twiny nuggets came out, though, when McDonald's came out with them chicken nuggets, that was yeah, with that sound cream different sauce, a sweet and sour with different sauce.
Speaker 1: What but have you have you guys ever? Have you ever don't sleep on the rib while you're talking. I mean what you have you gone to? Yeah? I don't do limited time.
Speaker 8: But Steve, have you gone to like one fast food place to get there to get like the burger and then drove by McDonald's to.
Speaker 1: Get the fries to go with the burger? So you made two different stops, the two different I have never done. I've done that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, McDonald's.
Speaker 5: Let me explain something to you. Gotta eat them while yeah, hot, not what they are anymore, right.
Speaker 1: That's what you have to disagree to you. There's some stuff you can smoke. They're really good.
Speaker 8: All right, We'll be back with more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after the vision.
Speaker 1: You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 8: All right, guys, and it's time for comment eat roulette please, Jay set this one up for it.
Speaker 11: And it's so important to explain this because we get new listeners every day and we're doing a different segment that people are not aware of. So that's why I take the time to explain comedy rut. And it's very simple. You take four subjects and you put them on a wheel, and you take them on the wheel, you spun the wheel and which stop we can do the damn thing, because we'se Comedians were good.
Speaker 1: Alright, here we go.
Speaker 6: These are the subjects for today. Things you can do to get people to leave your house.
Speaker 10: Things you say to people who've over decorated for the holiday, you say to people who have under decorated for the holidays.
Speaker 8: And here's the last one. Things you say when you didn't get what you wanted for Christmas. Okay, yeah, yeah, you gotta anticipate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go, let's spind the wheel.
Speaker 11: Come on over decoration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh.
Speaker 8: Oh, I thought it was gonna stop on overdecorating, but now it stop done.
Speaker 6: Things you say when you didn't get what you wanted for Chris the same.
Speaker 1: As to use bad acting theater. No, no, no, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how you got that out of that. All right.
Speaker 11: These are things you say when you didn't get what you want for Christians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 11: These are things you say you didn't get what you say, come on you, oh this is nice? And this one lights up?
Speaker 8: What is it.
Speaker 1: With that attitude?
Speaker 6: That's how you say, that's what you say, and.
Speaker 9: How you said, yeah, I'll tell you what this is something I actually said as a kid, but I didn't get what I wanted for Christmas?
Speaker 1: And uh, they were standing there, my parents, But I was about ten. I said, sugar ice tea.
Speaker 6: You said the actual words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know when you open that box up and what you're supposed to get sugar l Oh, thank you. I'll uh. I put this in the drawer with that ragged ass tie you about last. I'm grateful what you want like that time?
Speaker 4: This one?
Speaker 1: Just what you say at worked. I knew what he pulled my name. It wasn't gonna be worth for damn I get exchange. I knew what poor I said.
Speaker 4: You didn't get?
Speaker 2: You want?
Speaker 1: Yeah a pounds? Okay, huh, thanks a lot. It's a diabetic things you say when you don't get what you want for Christmas? What happened? Check shot again? Check show again?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 8: Come on?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: Why in the hell?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: I want? A tool kit? I don't work on that. Come on, man, really, I'm gonna work on guys at the count. Black people don't eat fruitcake? Walking standing up there? Fruitcake? What is some damn green things in there?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 1: Cherrish? Ex me on snowshovel. I live in l A thanks things people say what they don't get what they want for Christmas. I already know the story of Jesus. I already know it. Come on, who eats this basket of cheese? Who eats that? This is all right, Steve, come on, close it out. That's why we're getting a divorce. Crock pie. This, damn crock pot. This is the last thing somebody won't know. Damn crock pot. That was me who said that one. Sorry you're listening.
Speaker 6: Morning show.
Speaker 1: All right, So here's a question for you.
Speaker 6: Did you follow your childhood dreams?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 6: According to a new survey by Zetti, that's the I t y, Probably not.
Speaker 8: This survey found that more than two thirds of those who had a dream job picked out as a kid didn't end up making that dream come true. For male respondents, becoming a professional athlete top the list at seventeen percent, while twenty two percent of women wanted to become teachers. The age in which reality started to sink in for Americans was fifteen years old when they got their first jobs. The top childhood dream jobs of Americans include doctor, teacher, veterinarian, musician, movie star, professional athlete, artist, etc. So did you follow your dream job since your childhood or what that's the question.
Speaker 5: I think what happens to the boy who wants to be a professional athlete around fifteen? It starts losing grip. It ain't cause he've got a job. It's because he went out there and played with some people that's fitting the b pros. I found out real fast my ass ain't going because the dude just blew by me like I was standing steel and I was running as fast as I could.
Speaker 1: That boy going to the pros. You ain't have to have fifteen, that's true, all right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I played in the Summer League with the Cleveland Cavaliers one time. That's when I knew.
Speaker 6: Three minutes after the hour, we'll play another round of would you rather?
Speaker 1: Right after this? You're listening hard morning show time for would you rather?
Speaker 11: Guys?
Speaker 1: Would you rather?
Speaker 8: Would you have rather your parents arranged your marriage or marry your most recent ex?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: God, would you rather your parents arrange your marriage? Or would you marry your most recent ex?
Speaker 1: I have to go with a or nothing one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, marriage you can arrange, man, because obviously my pick was not the right one.
Speaker 4: To me.
Speaker 1: Let's somebody who got more sense than me picked for me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's try that. Let's try that, because there ain't no way in the world you all my exes is for a reason.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 8: Would you rather drink all the half empty drink or smoke all the cigarette butts the day after you had a big old crazy party.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing now one of them one?
Speaker 8: Now, one of them, drink the half empty drink, smoke all the cigarette butts?
Speaker 1: Pick one? Would you rather? Hello, you were come on? The last miles has been on them things, and I'm gonna go the cigarette butts. I'm just go and do that. Get it over. I swallow this stuff, all this backwashing, all this. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now I'm gonna smoke these cigarettes. I'm gonna like the wrong here heirs too, so I can burn off a little bit of it. Yeah, I'm gonna do these cigarette but I'm not drinking all them half drinks.
Speaker 1: That ain't gonna happen. That's smart, Steve. I'm gonna go drinks. Yeah, I'm not doing a cigarette. But they lift was on them too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it really is. Y'all rik them drinks and watch with him. They've been sitting there all night too.
Speaker 1: You'll go ahead all right, Tommy, you gotta pick one.
Speaker 5: You're putting. You're putting liquid in your system. You're not sure all the half drinks? You know how much daddy is. Don no give me the cigarettes. I think I'm gonna be closed. I'm gonna get a razor blade and cut that tobacco out this cigarette and just roll one day.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm gonna just put I'm just put a bunch of vassiline on my lips and gone stocks yourne lord. Okay that spot here, yeah, animal vasselin I gotta use and you've got to do. I mess care.
Speaker 8: Last, would you rather? Would you rather eat ahead of rock garlic or a raw onion? Rock garlic or raw onion?
Speaker 1: Onion?
Speaker 5: Not without a doubt onion ahead of garlic. Oh my god, Oh my god. I date a whole onion before plage. I'm gonna get I'm going with that little piece of garlic.
Speaker 1: I gotta go to watch little piece of garlic. Clove of garlic? Are you nuts? Are you.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: We gotta again gonna stink. That's today's rounded. Would you rather come?
Speaker 8: Forty nine minutes after the closing remarks from the one and Only Steve Harvey Break the day after you're.
Speaker 6: Listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 8: All right, guys, this is time for us to close things out. It's our last break of the day. And before we get out of here, Steve, I know you have some closing remarks for us.
Speaker 6: Surely enlighten us.
Speaker 1: I'd like for you to read that little story you read earlier today. All right, it says, go small with your goals.
Speaker 8: The holidays have only just started, but people are already thinking about.
Speaker 6: Their New year's goals. And this year it's all about going small.
Speaker 8: Seventy five percent of people make at least one resolution a year, but a new survey found that respondents would rather kick off their goals gradually than just jump into them head first, and almost half of those surveyed also said that they'd rather concentrate on long term goals, with twenty seven percent saying they wanted to focus on short term ones. So earlier in the show, Steve I asked you, since you're a motivational speaker, do you agree with that?
Speaker 1: What do you think? And I said one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: I do not.
Speaker 1: Listen to me.
Speaker 5: Folks, Stop listening to people who are not where you're trying to go Stop listening to people who are not supportive of your visions, of your dreams.
Speaker 1: Of your goals.
Speaker 5: If you meet a person that's constantly trying to short side what you're telling them, and when it comes to your ambitions and your dreams, you are talking to the wrong person. You have got to surround yourself with like minded people. It is a horrible thing when I hear statistics like these telling people to think small, have smaller goals.
Speaker 1: That makes no sense at all. It don't make no sense.
Speaker 5: First of all, just as a person of faith, just as a person of faith as many of you are. Why would you short God? Why would you think that God has some form of limitation. You either believe that God can do anything but fail or you don't. But man, don't head your own bet. Why would you do that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: The saying is aim for the moon. In case you miss, you'll still be amongst the stars. That's why you aim. How you don't set that weight gold in the new year. I'm gonna lose twenty pounds, I'm gonna lose fifteen, I'm gonna use thirty pounds. Well, set that number. That's the only way to achieve it. The Bible says a man is as he thinketh. If you think small, guess what you gonna be small? You cannot be big thinking small. I'm sorry that to think. If you let anybody tell you to think small, they're doing you a disservice. Folks, They're doing you a serious disservice. And it's amazing, man, how many people get away with this and then they come.
Speaker 1: Up with statistics.
Speaker 5: Seventy five percent of the people say they gonna lord their expectations, half of them don't ever accomplish their expectations, and twenty per seven percent say they want to start off with short term goals. Okay, do you know what I've always wanted to be in my life. I wanted to be in the five percent of club because those were the people who seem to be doing the most to me. And I'm not talking in terms of just money. I'm talking about in terms of using your mental capacity to its highest level. Okay, let me share a statistic with you that I learned a long time ago. Five percent of the people make ninety five percent of the money in this world.
Speaker 1: This is just a stat I learned. You may find something that says something else.
Speaker 5: I don't care. I'm just telling you what I learned. It was somebody bought it up one day and I just kind of memorized it. Five percent of the people in this world make ninety five percent of the money. Then I learned another statistic that the average person when he dies, only use is five percent of their total mental capacity, and they die with ninety five percent of their mental capacity never ever being tapped into it.
Speaker 1: So I got to thinking one day.
Speaker 5: I said, if five percent of the people in this world make ninety five percent of the money, and ninety five percent of the people in this world die only using five percent of their brain power, then I went.
Speaker 1: To start thinking.
Speaker 5: I said, well, man, I need to start using more on my brain power so I could get in the upper percentage. But if you don't make it to the five percent, let's just make Let's say you make it to the twenty percent.
Speaker 1: Why not aim for the five because if you miss, you could still be in the top twenty. See to think small, it serves you no purpose.
Speaker 5: It just doesn't folks, And be careful listening to people who prescribe to that type of thinking, because it's not gonna get you where you want. To be because you gotta aim big. You gotta think big, you gotta aim strong, you gotta aim tall, because there's gonna be some challenges alone the way. There's gonna be some setbacks along the way and on this journey, man, as you get hit with this thing called life, you got to have aimed in a way so when you get knocked down, you ain't all the way down. Get back up and get yourself back together and get on track. And please, man, stop listening to people. I wish I knew who wrote this, because I can tell you one thing. I bet the person that wrote this thing that Shirley read today is not who you want to be. I promise you it's not. Because he does set up here and got himself a bunch of statistics together to justify why he is where he is when I don't want a statistic to prove to me why I could fail. That's like people always talking about, man, you gonna just jump out there in the comedy. You need a plan B. No, I don't need no plan B. Everybody I know catch up something with you. Everybody, and I know that had a plan B, had to use it. Everybody, everybody I know that filled out a prenup, had to use it, because if you make any preparation for failure, that's exactly what's gonna happen. I ain't never met a couple had a prenup that didn't use it ever. Think about that for a minute. Think about that for a minute. Y'all dream big man, don't little body stop.
Speaker 1: Y'all have a great day to day. Talk to God.
Speaker 5: He'd absolutely love to hear from you, and I'm pretty sure he'll tell you to thank Big because God can do anything.
Speaker 1: Come on, boy.
Speaker 8: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void We're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve HARVEYFM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.