Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that's devoting a year of his life to teaching ants how to surfoo.
Speaker 2: He made me more than a year, not the insects. Oh, I mean, oh my aunts and your family who call you around the holidays.
Speaker 1: For just six dollars a day, you can sponsor an ant to hand ten in a one piece with Laser stores the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we have a laser and those other git or snippers just don't. This first lazer story is out of the United Kingdom. Rugby player Daniel White is making headlines in the UK simply for breaking up with his high school sweetheart. Oh that's like news over there are things going much better here because it's true. Twenty seven year old said the couple had drifted apart after dating for more than a decade, so he announced all his family and friends that he and his former girlfriend, Courtney Davies were over.
Speaker 2: Ipty's doing okay?
Speaker 1: Well, to answer your question, I think she is, because about three months later that decision became the biggest regret of Daniel's life because Courtney's sister, Stephanie, happened to stop by a local convenience store and pick up a lottery ticket, instantly making her entire family sixty one million dollars richer.
Speaker 2: I take my family out of private jets somewhere.
Speaker 1: Immediately, the immediate family decided to split the winnings equally, and even Stephanie's boyfriend became twelve million dollars richer.
Speaker 2: Hey, boy, the boyfriend's got cut in and he's an ex.
Speaker 1: So ask for those exes, like Daniel, Well, you got nothing. As soon as that news broke, of course, his phone started blowing up, getting a lot of jokes in snapchats, asking if he'll ever recover and how hard he's been crying on a scale of one.
Speaker 2: If you thought that U up text is weird already, it's going to be even more awkward.
Speaker 1: Well, luckily, Daniel brush those off and says he's happy for the family, but obviously feels like if they didn't separate, he'd probably be on a yacht in the Caribbean right now at least one million.
Speaker 2: The other boy got twelve Yeah, twelve million.
Speaker 1: Never break up with anybody. The next Lazer stories out of Winnipeg, man named Rick Shoan is running for local mayor, and yesterday he announced a cycling infrastructure plan that included strategies to reduce bike theft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty cool.
Speaker 1: But just over an hour later, his own bike was stolen.
Speaker 2: Maybe they hadn't implemented the strategy. Yes, it happened right after the speech.
Speaker 1: Out induct in a store to get something real quick, and when he came back out, his bike was gone. Afterwards, he called the press conference and said, quote, I feel so stupid. I was inside for just two minutes. How could this happen? I just talked about strategies.
Speaker 2: Can we have more politicians like him? Anyone?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: I feel so stupid?
Speaker 1: He also posted a photo of his missing bike, which is orange, has a basket on the front.
Speaker 2: Oh sweet man, Well, isn't the.
Speaker 1: Usual desirable bike that crooks can sell on Craigslist? Yes?
Speaker 2: Pretty famous now if even we're talking about his bike?
Speaker 1: Yeah, still though it hasn't been found, and now the locals are criticizing him for using his status and platform to call attention to his own missing bike when there's hundreds of theirs still unaccounted for. Okay, maybe he was hoping they'd find his bike with theirs. Yeah, maybe sounds like a typical selfish politician to me, okay, this next laser stories out of the Country of Countries. Music icon Dolly Parton just launched a new line that's turning some heads.
Speaker 2: Oh give it to me. I love her and also wagging some tails. That's right.
Speaker 1: It's a fashion line for dogs called Doggy Parton Awesome.
Speaker 2: Why is everything she touches just amazing? She is just wholesome. She is just a pure angel. What do you get?
Speaker 1: The line will feature shirts, dresses, squeaky toys, and even a blond puppy wig inspired by Parton herself.
Speaker 2: I was hoping for a part and bust.
Speaker 1: Yeah with nine to five, And in true Dolly fashion, a portion of the proceeds will go to Willoughby Farms, a rescue organization that provides a home for displaced animals.
Speaker 2: I love you, Dolly Carton.
Speaker 1: So you can shot the collection now on Amazon and pick out toys shaped like doggy stilettos and rhinestone and pink pearl collars for your pampered pooch. But definitely the blond puppy wig is by far the fan favorite.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you have to get it now. It's gonna sell out.
Speaker 1: There's no way, Dolly said in a statement, Puppy Love was my very first record, and six decades later, my love for pets is stronger than ever.
Speaker 2: Six decades. Wow, and she doesn't look it, No, and she's still happy. She said.
Speaker 1: This inspired me to start my own line of doggy part and apparel, accessories and toys more with a little Dolly flair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I can't wait. TikTok. Yeah great, you need to get it for your roommates store.
Speaker 1: Oh my, Godeah. Probably the right size for her to just wear it as a crop to this.
Speaker 2: Next laser story is out of food News.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows fast food isn't exactly the healthiest option for you to have, but we keep on eating it anyway.
Speaker 2: It tastes so good. Yeah yep. So here's a question.
Speaker 1: How many years of your life would you be willing to give up to keep eating fast food? Duh Well online food blog pulled over three thousand adults and the average answer was four. Oh my god, you would give up four years of your life?
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy? If it's the end.
Speaker 1: I don't want to sound like snotty, but I just I really don't eat fast food.
Speaker 2: I crave it. Oh Man, you sounded snatty.
Speaker 1: Most of the rest of the not snotty people love fast food so much they're willing to give up four years of their life for it. That's just the average in America. Three states would be willing. Three states would be willing to give up more than a decade of their life, like.
Speaker 2: I'm willing to just never have been born.
Speaker 1: Give me Montana, North Dakota, and Hawaii. All of them said twelve a dozen years.
Speaker 2: They're willing to give up.
Speaker 1: Food. The Pole also found most people would rather give up alcohol than fast food, and one four people think eating fast food every now and then actually has health benefits.
Speaker 2: It does when you're hungover. Yeah, honestly it may be true.
Speaker 1: Seriously, because I know this guy's been working on a lettuce ley for three years now that he found in a discarded Big Mac.
Speaker 2: It sounds like he's doing just one. It's that special saf man gets it going.
Speaker 1: That sound means, lads, the story just come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time on Wednesday.