Speaker 1: It's either going to be the best hour or the worst hour of your life. But I'm telling you one thing, this podcast is very memorable. Okay, you're gonna create core memories. Coming up now, we're sixty seconds from your shot collar question of the day. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. And how many segments do we record on this show every year?
Speaker 2: Hundreds of thousands?
Speaker 1: I mean, how many times do we turn on the mic and record a segment? What do you guys guess? Like three hundred eight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We're in radio. We're terrible at math. Just give us the.
Speaker 4: Millions.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's right, big guess We did the math though.
Speaker 1: And last year alone, this show recorded and aired one thousand, six hundred and thirty eight segments.
Speaker 2: And that's not including all the teases we do.
Speaker 1: No, that's just the segments like second dates, phone taps, anytime we talk about an open break.
Speaker 2: That's why when listeners say, oh, do you remember this one? What happened?
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's what you remember?
Speaker 1: Like, you guys know, my role on this show is to introduce the breaks, try and lead us through the topics, and then hopefully wrap things up on a funny note, probably fail at that, But I just always thought, what would happen if I just wanted to get out of the bit and say, you know what, not really feeling this, and the break's not going as well as I hoped it would. I'm just going to give up and duck out. Let Brook, Jose and Alexis finish it out for me.
Speaker 2: It be fine, Well talk about well, it's because if that ever happens, I'm sorry not if when that happens, I need to have a backup post ready.
Speaker 1: And there's a famous saying that goes and a little child shall lead them, And the closest person to a child around here is Alexis. Alexis, this break is not going very well right now. I can sense it. Yeah, I think I'm going to duck out. It's the perfect time to pass the baton to you. I need quiet in the as this little child takes us to the next part of our segment. Alexis, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I mean, thanks, Jeff, And since you went on for so long, we're running out of time, and that means we have to do which clip Visit to the swim Two audio clips from the internet. One is viral one is about some parent I think I don't know. Okay, now you know, I'm not sure which it is. But yeah, we're gonna pick.
Speaker 1: Up all right, Okay, I'm stepping back in. I'm stepping back in Alexis Alexis.
Speaker 2: This is a brooking Alexis show.
Speaker 1: Now it's too late, Jeff, We're too late. It's not we don't have enough time to do which clip is? And I wanted you to get to the question part.
Speaker 2: Take us to the question I guess shock card question today? Okay, okay, I don't know what just happened?
Speaker 6: Did you?
Speaker 2: I got a little confusing. It won't work on it.
Speaker 4: That was good.
Speaker 2: It's not a future. I'm proud of her.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna lose my job here in a second. We do have a bucket full of names. We're gonna draw one out to who gets asked a trivia question. If you answer it wrong, your punishments be shocked while singing a song, So text into seven, eight, five, nine to two, tell us what you'd like to hear. I had the shot caller last, and I drew a name out, and it's my own name. Jeff's looking for my perfect fishinghole. Dubou.
Speaker 2: Al right, it's the rough day for you, buddy, fish hole.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm putting it on the shot collar while that happens, Digital Jake read it's a shot callar question of the day.
Speaker 7: Advertising jingles may not be as prevalent as they used to be, but they still pop up here and there, and they can be as infectious as ever. Oh yeah, and recently, a popular marketing website conducted a poll to name the ten most memorable advertising jingles of all time. Luckily, these have all been aired in the last two decades, so you.
Speaker 1: Should know them.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 7: You only need to get five of these, okay, and I'm gonna give you a hint. I'm gonna tell you that one of them is insurance, two of them are cereals, one of them is a canned good, and one of them is a restaurant. I need you to pick these five popular jingles out.
Speaker 8: Good luck.
Speaker 2: Are we going by category? Is that? How do you want to discuss this?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I guess let's go by category. Insurance jingles.
Speaker 2: I can't think of one, isn't that bad?
Speaker 1: I think of two. We are farmers farmers insurance, and then the other one is like a good neighbors.
Speaker 2: The definitely that one, probably the one, Yeah, Okay State Farm, you really missed your calling. As a jingle singer is Nice actually wrote a few jingles for advertising companies. Did she write any famous?
Speaker 1: None of the famous ones, just the really lame ones Okay State Farm, proud of your mom, Cereal, the one, snap.
Speaker 2: Cracker pop rice Krispies.
Speaker 1: Was that a jingle?
Speaker 2: I mean it's a song. What was was fruit? Loops loops?
Speaker 1: Wait, it goes about it?
Speaker 4: I got it. It's lucky charm.
Speaker 2: What's the jingle?
Speaker 1: Though, Let's get the question one more time.
Speaker 7: The shock color happens. Ever, every frooking Jeffrey, what's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: We're gonna get an email from Jeffrey's mom saying that she can write us.
Speaker 7: A please do That jingle might not catch on as I hoped, but there are plenty of other jingles that are iconic enough that they made the list of the most memorable advertising jingles of all time. I asked you to name the top five, and I gave you hints that one was insurance, two were cereals, one is a can good, and one as a restaurant. I'll also give you a golden guest. Sing me a jingle you think is on the list, and I'll let you know if you're right or not.
Speaker 4: There's another series.
Speaker 6: Question.
Speaker 1: That's the one I want to question. I want to question, is snap Crackle Pop, Rice Crispies on there? Please sing it snap Crackle Pop? And then then a stop Rice Crispies.
Speaker 7: That is on the list?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, can goods. There's only one thing that comes to my head. Oh, what's Campbell's.
Speaker 2: Isn't it tasty or something?
Speaker 1: The one that came to my head the Jolly Green Giant Spaghetti Spaghettio.
Speaker 2: And then the last one is the restaurant, and it has to be McDonald's. Right, I'm loving it.
Speaker 5: Almost It's okay, any other restaurant?
Speaker 2: What about baby Back?
Speaker 1: Oh that is a great one.
Speaker 9: Back in the day, everyone saying school kids would sing that.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna do that one. Then, so the final answers here we go are the insurance company is is State Farm like a good neighbor State Farm is there? The cereals are snap Cracker Pop, which we already got right, that's me Lucky Charms, the magically Delicious. Then the can goods are uh oh, spaghetti O's and McDonald's restaurant. I'm loving it a solid.
Speaker 7: According to a poll done by a popular marketing website, these are the top five most memorable advertising jingles of all time. Number five was a Cereal They're magically Delicious lucky Charms. Number four you got with your golden gas snack Crackle pop Rice Crispies. You think I just said snack, It still makes sense. Number three on the list was the restaurant butt up. Almost overthought that one. Number two was a canned good. It was a soup Campbell soup good.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what it is, nothing.
Speaker 10: Good.
Speaker 7: And number one on the list was Nationwide Insurance Nationwise on your side.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought we've got some pretty good guesses in there, but we didn't get it right.
Speaker 2: You didn't do your jingle heritage right.
Speaker 1: And somebody wanted to hear the Kitcat bar jingle. That's a good one was number six on the list.
Speaker 7: Any of these, I know you don't remember the kit Cat break.
Speaker 4: Gave me a break?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Break it off?
Speaker 1: Give any break yourself before you like that? Okay, give me a break, break me off. A piece of that kid cat bar Okay, that's your shot collar question of the.
Speaker 3: Day, Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: If you've ever made a New Year's resolution to work out more and get back in shape, you are going to hate the guy that's waiting on the phone right now. A lot of people want to get fat well. He calls himself a gym addict.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I already have thoughts in my head. I know they're Judge. I'm trying not to be Gee.
Speaker 1: He cannot stand all the new people that flood the health clubs every January trying to better themselves. In fact, he was so tired of just sitting back and waiting for them to give up that he's been taking matters into his own hands to force them to quit what And he doesn't feel bad about it at all, And that's why he's ready to come on the show and confess the shady things that he's been doing in a brand new mass speaker, So if you have a new Year's resolution, you're gonna want to listen.
Speaker 8: Coming up, you don't confession, I can't take better el arms speaker.
Speaker 1: We got a confession that someone texted into seven eight five nine too, says I made out with my cousin and I really liked it. Oh geez, Okay, I know we're not supposed to say the names on here either, but Jose can you not text him? Just say it like a normal person on the air.
Speaker 4: That's my thing.
Speaker 1: You're taking my king, But no, we get it. You want to get something off your chest, joke everyone.
Speaker 4: Some of my cousins listen.
Speaker 1: Now, I know why. But if you want to get something off your chest, this is the place where you can do it anonymously. And one of our listeners is already on the line ready to give us his dark secret. He's going with the fake name Kevin. So Kevin, welcome to the show man.
Speaker 8: Hey, thank you very much for having me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Kevin confirmed that you are not my cousin and we've never kissed real.
Speaker 8: Quick, definitely not.
Speaker 2: You can't confirm it. I like it, Kevin. I like your style.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear your confession.
Speaker 1: So the voice changer is going right now. Kevin, you are the mass speaker. Now, whenever you're ready, tell us what's been going on.
Speaker 8: All right, Well, I'm going to set it up for you real quick, because there's a little bit of a backstory. Okay, there's been a couple of years now in the in the process. So I'm like, I'm proud of my body. I'm proud of like my work regimen. I go to the gym.
Speaker 2: So if we were to check out your social media, it'd be a lot of hashtag gym life.
Speaker 8: There's going to be like a lot of shirtless stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what is your social media?
Speaker 4: Your handle on your Yeah.
Speaker 2: But that's awesome, though, I mean, you work hard at it, and you deserve to enjoy your body. Absolutely everyone should.
Speaker 8: Yeah. So in doing so, there's a lot of dedication obviously, and I have a very particular workout, so I have to like have certain things available to me. There's circuits that I do, there's timing involved, and it's great. But every year around this time when the New York hits, all of these people flood the gym.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you called in to tell everyone, good for you for trying to start a.
Speaker 8: New Oh, it's worse than that. I'm getting to my confession. I just want to set it up because I want to I want you to understand the context of it. Okay, all right, I'm dealing with people that are coming in. They're sitting on the bench that I need to do some presses on. They're on their phone, or they're doing some odd little planking workout or something they saw on a YouTube tutorial. You know, they're asking me, are you using this weight? I'm like, why are you talking to me? Obviously I'm not using that twenty pound or that ten pound. I'm here with like a sixty pound dumbbelt.
Speaker 2: I feel, okay, listen, I feel a little judged right now because I'm I'm the one like, yeah, I know how to use like the machines and stuff. But every once while I'm like, yeah, I'm gonna go do some free weights and I don't know when the hell I'm doing.
Speaker 9: That's farther reason I don't join a gym because I'm like, dude, I hear people always complain about new gym people. So I'm anxiety, Like, if I start, I can't do any equipment.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 9: Someone's gonna be like, get out of the way, bro, you're ruining my sound.
Speaker 2: It sounds like Kevin's gonna do what it sounds like.
Speaker 8: In reaction to this, with the annoyance that I.
Speaker 11: Have to face, yes hard like Kevin.
Speaker 8: Yes, I have a little trick like to pull from being a wrestler back in the day. I used to weigh in all the time, right, and we balance the weights to make sure that you're right on the number. So I know how to mess around with the scales. I know how to unbalance them, like the scales in the locker room exactly. Ohay, so we have two. We have two. We have one right outside the locker rooms and then there's one like inside of the male's locker room, for instance. So what I do is I purposely unbalance them to make them about five six pounds.
Speaker 2: Heavier, heavier direction, sir.
Speaker 8: Their faces are brilliant. I mean the shocks, the propration, like Kevin sad.
Speaker 3: Kevin.
Speaker 9: It's always funny because I know he gets satisfaction because there's just such annoying people to him.
Speaker 2: Kevin, you're like body shaming people just so that they'll get out of your way and use the weights he wants.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're body shaming themselves. He's just leading them down the wrong hand. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And there's the second tier to it too that I have to admit.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're so proud, Yes, I wanted.
Speaker 8: I'm getting stuff off my chest here. The second thing I do is the lighter weights, like the ten pounds, the fifteen pounds, even the twenty pounds. These are the most common weights for these newbies. So I'll literally come in and very subtly I'll hide them behind the rack.
Speaker 4: Why is this so funny?
Speaker 8: And you see them looking and you see them grab like a thirty five or forty they can't lift it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your resolutions don't lie. But have you ever thought about like wanting instead to like coach them and help them.
Speaker 8: They're all going to give up, Okay.
Speaker 2: I see that you don't have a lot of hope.
Speaker 10: In your heart.
Speaker 8: That'd be like me going into Starbucks and jumping over the counter and trying to make copies. You know, it's like I don't belong to h.
Speaker 2: I think that's they're allowed to buy a gym membership just like you are, yea, and they are allowed to be there, and they're actually really nice.
Speaker 9: They'd probably be like, sure, let me show you how to make that drink.
Speaker 8: Well, there should be a side gym for these people, like a swimming pool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you've been doing this for what did you say two years now, two years now, and no one's ever seen you do that, and you've never got.
Speaker 8: Caught, not yet. But I imagine that if anybody in my little circles knew about it or saw they pat me on the back, I'll tell you that you had been fired.
Speaker 4: Bro, if they found out that you.
Speaker 2: Haven't worked there. He just goes there all the time, everybody worked even worse, like he could be making money and training all these people, but instead he's just messing with him and trolling. O.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: See he's going to be the only member of the gym left. It's just Kevin's gym now. No one can find any weights there.
Speaker 2: Did you hear his evil laugh? He's so on board.
Speaker 8: Oh man. So I just want all my fellow gym raps out there to know I'm doing my part.
Speaker 2: Way to break the stereotype on those people.
Speaker 1: Text into seven eighty five nine two. If you have a confession that you've been holding on to, we could hide your identity by masking your voice so you can become the next mass speaker. Phone tap coming up.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a time in every guy's life where he wonders is that dude my best friend. You guys think that maybe he is? Yes, what do I do now?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Just be friends?
Speaker 1: Well, it can get especially awkward as an adult if you get that feeling and you want to make it official by asking him to be your best Broka that's what happens today.
Speaker 2: It doesn't happen all the time in dude's circles.
Speaker 1: No, it's happening today when Jose calls up a guy's girlfriend to say, you might not know me, but I work with your man and I think we're about to be bros for life. Do you think he'll accept if I ask him get some advice? No, he wants permission. So it's going to get awkward in your phone tab right now, it's another.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 9: Is this Sarah?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 9: Hi, my name is Eddie. We've never met before, but I am a huge fan.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm sorry, I don't know you.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry that sounded kind of weird. Look, i'm working with your boyfriend Tim. I don't know if he's ever mentioned anything about me.
Speaker 6: Maybe, Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: No, Oh, okay, are you sure?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 9: Maybe he called me steady Eddie ed ed Edward maybe like you ever heard of that name.
Speaker 6: No, I'm sorry. Oh, but are you okay?
Speaker 10: Tim?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tim is great.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, Tim, he's amazing. I look, I just started working here a few weeks ago. And it's weird because you know him and I just like totally connected.
Speaker 11: Connected. How what are you talking about?
Speaker 9: You know? You know Tim, he's so funny and he's I'm funny.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 9: It just you know, it just kind of works between us. It's like a like a bro topia.
Speaker 1: Oh, I get it.
Speaker 11: That's great. You guys are friends.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's great. And look this may sound a little cheesy, but you know how every guy has a best bro. Yeah, well, I think I finally found mine after all these years, and I am just so happy.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 9: Do you think if I asked him my best bro? He would say yes?
Speaker 6: Do I think if so?
Speaker 11: I don't know. I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, I don't know either. We're both nervous about this. I'd be so happy. I'd do like a cartwheel on a big grass hill and I put it on YouTube and I titled it Bros for Life but like the number four because it's cooler.
Speaker 6: Okay, I should probably talk to Tim about this because oh no, no, don't.
Speaker 9: Don't tell him. Okay, don't tell him. It's a prime Look. I just have two questions for you. First, when is his birthday? He will not tell me that, silly pants.
Speaker 11: I keep asking.
Speaker 6: You sound like a nice guy, but damn, I don't know if I should get that information out because he doesn't even know what I'm talking to you.
Speaker 9: So, okay, forget that one. What about this one? This is more important it Where is he most tinklish?
Speaker 11: That's not funny.
Speaker 1: I got long.
Speaker 9: Fingies, so if he wanted to be tickled anywhere, I need to know his sweet spot.
Speaker 11: And I gotta get going. Okay, wait, hold on, wait.
Speaker 9: He told me you guys were having an anniversary coming up, and you're going to a cabin.
Speaker 6: He told you that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm gonna tag along If that's okay. No, no, don't, because even though he's gonna be getting down and journey with you, he'll need some broad time to recharge the batteries.
Speaker 1: If you know what I mean.
Speaker 11: No, I don't know what you mean.
Speaker 9: So if I'm doing broad time with him, we need to make sure that you have our lunches ready when we come back from fishing and arm wrestling each other.
Speaker 11: I'm not making anybody lunch. He's on my anniversary. I don't even know who you are.
Speaker 4: I'm steady Eddie.
Speaker 6: Yeah you said that already, but I don't think you would appreciate you calling me without asking him.
Speaker 9: No, he totally knows. He's the one who sent you up for this prank phone call. And it's like, it's like done, That's what bros do best, bros.
Speaker 11: Wait what, Yeah, my name's actually.
Speaker 9: Jose from Oh wait, sorry, my name's actually Jose for the radio Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: We're doing a phone tap on you.
Speaker 6: Oh my, I'm like, what the hell is going on? Yeah, like you have to get cursed out bound to be nice because you said he was a coworker.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, Tim set you.
Speaker 4: Up and you obviously got you really good. He wanted to wish you a happy universary.
Speaker 2: Tell you that he loves you.
Speaker 9: You're his best friend in the world, and he's glad you're not his.
Speaker 4: Bro, not like me.
Speaker 11: I'm his bro.
Speaker 9: Oh you don't like my boys, Well you better get used to it, sister, because you're gonna hear a lot of it at the cabin when we're fishing and arm wrestling and you're making lunches.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Dad, I'll drown you first.
Speaker 9: Can I request no PB in jays because I'm allergic to peanuts? And I'll soo about fourteen other things?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, wake up?
Speaker 3: Every morning was fum taps weekday mornings on the twenties, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You know, I have to admit. We do get to do a lot of cool stuff on our show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really fun.
Speaker 1: But probably one of the best parts is when we can help out a listener with a big life milestone. Yeah, we've done it before. Like we've had a marriage proposal live on the air. That was good. We celebrated a big anniversary with a couple one time, and we even spread one of our former employees ashes in the studio.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: His name was Ed.
Speaker 2: That's what happened.
Speaker 1: He's not dead, he just he did a lot of drugs in the studio, so there's ashes from that everywhere.
Speaker 2: Lene, and we're still thinking of you with all the ashes.
Speaker 1: He told us to just spread it around because the company can't afford a cleaning crew, so it just made it less noticeable, but some of his drug ashes are spread over there. There's some of his drug ashes over there.
Speaker 2: Ed was one of my favorite people.
Speaker 1: Today is going to be a first for us because one of our listeners wants help to do a major life event on our show and it's one that we've never attempted before. Oh so we're never gonna forget this. Maybe they won't. We're gonna hear what it is when we do your awkward Tuesday phone call coming up. It's awkward, it's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. You No.
Speaker 1: Usually when you hear about gender reveal stories in the news, the police are involved. There's been several massive explosions, millions in property damage. The attendees are all huddled together in those like silver blankets, crying and confused. We never thought the nerve Gas idea could have ended like this. But you know, not all baby gender reveals have to be super Bowl worthy events. Yeah, some couples prefer to keep it a little more intimate, a little more low key, you know, a little more private.
Speaker 2: Okay, weird people. Why are we talking about those people?
Speaker 1: That's what we're doing. We're a low key private internationally syndicated.
Speaker 2: Radio show, what you're talking about on our show?
Speaker 1: On our show. That's right, We're going to be part of our first ever live gender review, and it's for one of our listeners. Her name is Shana Shana Away. First of all, congratulations, I assume it's you. You're pregnant.
Speaker 11: Yes, it's me.
Speaker 6: I'm so excited, Thank yous.
Speaker 4: I can hear you're glowing.
Speaker 2: How far along are you?
Speaker 6: I am actually a few weeks and he does know.
Speaker 11: I did tell him about it already.
Speaker 1: So okay, who is he?
Speaker 6: My boyfriend of a year. His name is Adam.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. It is crazy how soon they can tell the sex of a baby. I had my second child after thirty five. So I was like AMA, which means advanced maternal age. Oh yeah, and so yeah, they do all these like extra tests on you and I We're like we could know in what the first month and a half or something?
Speaker 11: Crazy.
Speaker 4: When she said three weeks, I was like.
Speaker 2: A few weeks but yeah, yeah, like are you just guessing?
Speaker 1: So how did you find out the do you know yet the gender of your baby?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So I just went to the I got dropped off by Adam and.
Speaker 11: They told me.
Speaker 6: So he doesn't know because he actually wasn't there.
Speaker 1: Okay, now in your email, you said your boyfriend doesn't know the gender, but he does know that you're pregnant.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 11: It was really cute the way I told him.
Speaker 6: He was actually working on something on the car in the garage and I brought in a hot roll and I told him this is a bun from the oven.
Speaker 2: All right, you're a pun lady.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: He was like, yes, honey, that's where buns come from.
Speaker 4: Anyways, back door, all right?
Speaker 1: Did he have a good response to it?
Speaker 11: It was so great.
Speaker 6: We were just cracking up and like he was super happy, and yeah.
Speaker 2: Is this your guys' first kid together?
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, it is.
Speaker 2: So it's like extra exciting. I mean not that I mean that came off.
Speaker 5: Bad litening second per second child disappointment.
Speaker 2: I just mean it's really new. The second one isn't as like new, like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Let's let's just focus on Shana and her baby. So you know the gender.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to start.
Speaker 1: Are we allowed to know the gender?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, so I found out that we're having a boy.
Speaker 2: Yeas Yeah, And would you have been disappointed if it was not.
Speaker 4: For women in this world.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you my my best friend when she found out she was having a boy, was sad for a while because, yeah, I mean, like sometimes people get their heart set.
Speaker 4: On a lot.
Speaker 1: Maybe it is a good question. Is that why we're doing this in an awkward Tuesday? Because once he finds out it's a boy, he's gonna be like, ah, shucks.
Speaker 4: What's awkward here?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, So I was just like looking up ideas for like gender reveals and just fun, like cute, creative ways to tell people. I'm like, I didn't want it to be too complicated or too expensive, like one said by a firework show and my.
Speaker 4: God, yeah didn't cause fires exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just like not trying to hurt anyone or be crazy. Uh Like there was one where you could go to a farm and they'll like feed the cow a pill that turns the milk colors.
Speaker 1: That seems like a gender reveal for Brooks second child. Yeah, the first one gets the fireworks show the cow.
Speaker 2: A school and grab that second.
Speaker 1: Utter, Sha, you're not interesting it in any of those things.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I wanted it to be like cute, special, you know. So my friend was like, well, you know what's fun and cheap Baroke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: That was also my nickname in Colors.
Speaker 1: You come to the right place, I guess. So we are.
Speaker 2: Is your partner a fan of the show too?
Speaker 6: No he's not, so he doesn't know what you guys do. Okay, okay, yeah, So I was thinking we could do like a prank call or maybe like mess with.
Speaker 11: Him in some kind of way.
Speaker 6: Then I emailed your station and I talked to your producer and he suggested maybe doing it in like awkward Tuesday, And I was like, oh, that could be really fun too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because awkward doesn't always have to mean like awkward bad. Awkward could just mean like surprise or uncomfortable, right, Okay, yeah, I mean it's better than doing it into textual healing because at least we'll be able to hear his reaction. We don't like read what he said.
Speaker 4: Then it's a boy. He's like thumbs up.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is hard.
Speaker 2: I didn't find out the sex of either of my kids, so yeah, still, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, yeah, no, but yeah, some people never want to know, and some people like are dying to know.
Speaker 2: I just don't have any.
Speaker 1: Ideas yet, you know, I think about this, okay, And that's what you're looking for from Mushane and you want some ideas on how to say it to him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like ideas on how to do it, like over the phone and like a fun way.
Speaker 1: We obviously have some thinking to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if anyone has any text suggestions on text to seventy five nine two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we're going to steal your ideas and then forward them to Shana when we come back and finish awkward Tuesday phone call. Next, It's awkward.
Speaker 3: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 12: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 1: Is there a show on this planet that loves babies more than us? If there is, I'd like to throw a rattle at that show. Nobody should take our crown for loving babies as much as we do. I mean, we mentioned a kid once and Brook and Jose practically start leaking right here, Brook and Jeffrey cheap fun and number one for loving your baby.
Speaker 4: That is right.
Speaker 2: My overrage are jumping around inside of me today.
Speaker 1: One of our listeners has asked for our help doing an over the phone gender reveal, which is something we've never done before. It's a cool first for us, and I'm curious as to what my hosts are gonna say for how Shana should do this. Okay, Shane, you feeling ready?
Speaker 6: I am ready?
Speaker 1: All right? So Brooke, what do you have?
Speaker 2: Okay? This is what I think. You call him and you tell them, Oh my god, honey, I'm in the middle of a radio game trivia show and you're my lifeline that Jeff jumps in and asks three rapid fire questions where the answer is all boy right, because you're having a boy so it'd be like eighties Please name the eighties icon who goes by blank George right, and then he says boy Okay.
Speaker 1: He wants to put together an entire game.
Speaker 2: Show now, yeah, like oh, when you're excited, you say, oh damn it, no boy.
Speaker 1: You know what, brother, that's a great idea. Give me two weeks and I can produce that for you, and we'll do it for somebody else's gender reveal answer. No, we need this short and simple. That's what Shana has asked for us. Jose what do you have? Short?
Speaker 8: Simple?
Speaker 9: I think the most fun thing that we do on the show are my phone tap character.
Speaker 2: Voices so it's gonna be all about jose.
Speaker 4: Could come to save you and do the reveal for you. Hey, I'll tell you what. It's a boy. I'll tell you a girl.
Speaker 1: It's well, there you, Shana. You wanted simple and cheap and you got it.
Speaker 2: I mean it's one of those you get what you pay for pretty much.
Speaker 1: Is any of that helping you?
Speaker 6: I actually really liked the trivia question one.
Speaker 11: I think it could be quick and fun.
Speaker 1: I don't think we have time to put together a whole trivia show for you. We're short here, we're short on time.
Speaker 6: It'd be like three question I think.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Shana, you just need to do something that's that comes from the heart. It's not like, well then the fact that we're recording it. You know, you guys can sit down together afterwards and like listen to it in a podcast. I mean, that's realistically what we can give you here.
Speaker 2: I would I will just throw a sound effect in like instead of awkward, it's it's a boy.
Speaker 12: Doesn't take a lot.
Speaker 1: It takes a lot more time of programming and things like that.
Speaker 2: With my mouth, did you We'll put that in our back pocket in case we need you to do a weird it's a boy sound.
Speaker 1: It's a boy there, we got it, So shana on a do it from the heart and it'll sound special.
Speaker 6: Okay, but but y'all have my back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll come in with like balloons, I mean, like virtual ones our minds and.
Speaker 6: Like that sound and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I'm gonna dial your boyfriend Adam's number, and you can reveal the gender of your new baby too. Okay, all right, good luck, here you go.
Speaker 11: Hello, hey baby, Hey.
Speaker 13: Can I call you back on a few minutes.
Speaker 11: Are you busy.
Speaker 13: Kind of I'm flying the drone watching the old neighbor guy lose his mind?
Speaker 6: Okay, well, can you like land it just for a second, because I just want to tell you something.
Speaker 8: Okay, like now, yes.
Speaker 11: Right now, I want to tell you something. Give me a saying anything, okay.
Speaker 13: Yeah, just there's a freaking bird. Hold on, hold on, hold on, all right, all right, things expensive, come on, all right and touchdown?
Speaker 11: Sorry, okay, okay, thank you? All right.
Speaker 6: So you remember how I went to the doctors last week?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Everything, okay, yeah, yeah, I had my check in and there's actually something I didn't tell you about.
Speaker 13: Okay, Well that makes it sound like everything's not okay, Like what's are you okay?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, everything is great, all normal, Like everything's.
Speaker 11: Fine, okay, okay.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 11: Are you sitting down?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I found out it's a boy?
Speaker 8: What's a boy?
Speaker 6: Her baby?
Speaker 8: Whose baby?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 11: Who's baby?
Speaker 6: Our baby?
Speaker 11: Yours in mine?
Speaker 6: What do you mean?
Speaker 8: You're pregnant?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: What dude?
Speaker 6: What are you talking about?
Speaker 8: What you're talking about? What is going Who are these people? Hi?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? We want to know?
Speaker 2: No, we don't. I want to get off this.
Speaker 10: I want to hear.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: Okay, hey, Adam, we all got a thing. I don't know who you are. You're pregnant.
Speaker 1: I'm not pregnant. Your girlfriend is Wait a.
Speaker 6: Minute, what are you talking about? You already knew this.
Speaker 2: No, you never told me what she did?
Speaker 3: Shana?
Speaker 2: Did you tell him?
Speaker 9: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 11: I definitely told him.
Speaker 1: No, you never told me.
Speaker 11: And who are these people on the phone right now?
Speaker 8: Like? Who want to tell me that?
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 8: You can start with that?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well take a breath, dude. This is supposed to be really like good news.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's still like a radio show like Yeah, it's working. Jeffrey and I were.
Speaker 1: To, yeah, we're doing something called an awkward Tuesday phone call because SHANEA wanted our help to reveal to you that your baby together as a boy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, like.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, later in the show. But I'm glad we didn't do that trivia thing.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hey, I told you five weeks ago.
Speaker 8: When five weeks ago? Can you do the more?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you were fixing your car, remember, and I gave you the hot roll and I said, there's a bun in the oven.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I thought that was a snack. You never give me food out there. Way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't follow that up with like just flat out we're having a baby. No.
Speaker 6: I mean he immediately like cracked up laughing, and he was like I thought he got it, Like immediately he was, Okay, why did you think I was hugging and kissing you?
Speaker 13: What do you I thought you were like making a joke, but you were baking.
Speaker 8: And You're like, oh my god, there's an of the open and I have no idea what.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, dude, serious, you drove me to all the doctor's appointments.
Speaker 8: I didn't know it was a baby. Doctor appointment.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, wait, babe, I showed you the ultrasound, Like, yeah, I showed him an ultrasound.
Speaker 2: But you actually saw an ultrasound, Adam, and you didn't know that that was a.
Speaker 1: Baby, Dad, the ultra the baby.
Speaker 6: I thought you were just showing me like like they thought this was a kidney stone and it isn't.
Speaker 8: I don't know what.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he's got every sign she's like you felt the baby kick.
Speaker 2: This is some bad communications.
Speaker 4: Okay, so let's all stop. Let's rewind and let's try this reveal again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's pretend that the last two minutes didn't even happen.
Speaker 2: Okay, new conversation.
Speaker 12: Okay, we'll do the sound of the shocked.
Speaker 4: He's the sound of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, congratulations, and we're gonna be a dad.
Speaker 4: You're gonna own a bun.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, this like did not go the way he thought it was gonna go. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 11: Are you?
Speaker 8: Are you?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 8: Listen, let's letten. Let's let let's listen.
Speaker 3: Honey.
Speaker 8: I'm just I'm this has.
Speaker 11: Got a lot to process. I am.
Speaker 8: I am excited.
Speaker 6: Okay, good me too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know this will be very, very fun events together. This will be fun.
Speaker 2: Wow, that gott a lot better place, and I thought it was because we started off.
Speaker 9: If you need some help for the second shop, let's.
Speaker 1: Save it for the baby shower.
Speaker 3: In the morning.
Speaker 1: One thing I've learned in life, or maybe just from working here, is if you want people to do something for you, you can't just ask. Really, it won't happen. To trick people in order to get them to do what you want them to do terrible, Just like how Brooke got herself married. Just walk down that aisle, see what happens today. I have rewards for each person on this show. I love reward for Alexis, got a big stack cash. For Brooke, I have analogy and full of box wine.
Speaker 2: Do you know me so well?
Speaker 1: I have his favorite squeaky toy.
Speaker 2: You want it?
Speaker 4: You want?
Speaker 1: You gotta do what I say. You're gonna have to care, you gotta take care. It works every time. Okay, I'm gonna go put some peanut butter on this thing, and then we want to come back. Follow you care, don't care. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, and opinions are like mixtapes of the time. I don't want to hear them. But the one percent when I do is during this segment, care don't care? When I read a sticky headline to my co host and then ask them if they care or don't they care? Let's flip over to side B and hit play and see what my co hosts think. Your first headline says, you're a complete tool if you don't care about this tool, care don't care?
Speaker 6: I want to care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like tools. I care well.
Speaker 1: It's obvious that people now are less handy than we used to be, right, But it seems like we're hitting a new low because a new survey asked two thousand homeowners about different types of tools and if they feel comfortably using.
Speaker 8: Them or not.
Speaker 2: Okay, where are we at?
Speaker 1: Are you ready for this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They found only fifty two percent of people feel confident using.
Speaker 2: A screwdriver, not even like an electric drill.
Speaker 1: Regular Phillips screwdriver.
Speaker 2: Where does the tip go? Do I put it into?
Speaker 1: Almost half of people don't know how to use one. That's really and that's the one we're the most confident with.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the top, that's that's the peak.
Speaker 1: The peak. The next is pliers. Less than half of us feel like we know how to use those, followed by wrenches, then calking guns. Okay, the hammer's not even in the top five.
Speaker 4: I see it and I'm like, what do I do?
Speaker 1: And they also asked about the do it yourself home projects that we feel confident tackling ourselves. These answers are even sadder.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 1: Number one task that we think we know how to do is replace a light bulb. Forty forty three percent of people feel confident that they can pull it off.
Speaker 2: Are you joking?
Speaker 1: I'm serious? Are confident they can do it?
Speaker 2: My dad really needs to come out of retirement from being an electrician. He's got a lot of work. Apparently he needs to do it for people.
Speaker 4: YouTube channel and just teach me how to do this.
Speaker 1: Number two is so cute. Number two is cleaning out the lint of the dryer.
Speaker 2: It's so satisfying. I love cleaning out the lit Does anyone else like I? Just when I go down and it's like really full because I washed something like fluffy.
Speaker 1: Yes, one in three people believe they could unclog their sink, and less than a third say they know how to stop a running toy with.
Speaker 2: The handle. Anyone else.
Speaker 9: In the back one time I had overflowed and it was getting downstairs.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, alright, this next headline is one of the most amazing inventions that's making kids everywhere say.
Speaker 3: WHOA.
Speaker 1: Care, I don't care, I care?
Speaker 3: I care.
Speaker 1: A Russian YouTuber has been recognized by Guinness as the inventor of the world's first retractable lightsaber. What real retractable lights His name was Alex Burkin, and he runs the Alex lab channel on YouTube and when he unveiled his Star Wars inspired invention, he completely shocked his viewers.
Speaker 2: Dude, it really works.
Speaker 1: So we're looking at a picture of it right here in studio.
Speaker 2: Now dangerous. This does not look like that I'm buying my children.
Speaker 1: It does look kind of similar to a lightsaber in the movies, but the lightsaber part looks like actual fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like a flame thrower.
Speaker 1: But there's a big silver handle and he pushes a button. Then a three foot plasma blade shoots out.
Speaker 2: Whoa, this is what they give kids in Russia to play with.
Speaker 1: Apparently, the temperature of the blades over five thousand degrees, so it's hot enough to cut some steel.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm suddenly scared of it.
Speaker 1: He said it took hundreds of experiments to get it as close to possible as real lightsaber size, and right now it can only last thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: Well, it's crazy.
Speaker 9: That's so much heat in your hand, but your hand doesn't get burned like that is a lot of crazy.
Speaker 2: He's wearing a pretty thick glove. I don't know if.
Speaker 1: The previous ones have blown up in his hands because of the hydrogen flash.
Speaker 4: That's why there's no hands.
Speaker 2: It's also why he's missing hair.
Speaker 1: And the question is would he win in a real life lightsaber battle? I mean, if it lasts less than thirty seconds, then I'm guessing he would win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the only one that has one.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's gonna win all of them.
Speaker 1: Le's se if he goes care about this. One of the top touristy things in Europe right now is to see something from America. How did this happen? Care or don't care?
Speaker 2: I I care? I want to be a tourist right now.
Speaker 1: It's hard to imagine a world where McDonald's doesn't exist, but the country of Iceland prepared for that day over a decade ago. Back in two thousand and nine, the only three locations in that country closed their doors.
Speaker 2: Iceland's got no Mickey D's, but.
Speaker 1: Their memory lives on through an artifact that's been displayed in the country's most prestigious museum. And that artifact is a twelve year old Big Mac.
Speaker 2: Wait, they couldn't keep McDonald's open, but they maum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it wasn't like it was given to them. The burger was purchased on October thirtieth, two thousand and nine, by a man named Horder Sammerson. It was one day before the last location closed.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: He took it home and set the bag of food down in his garage and then he forgot about it.
Speaker 2: But there's people in Iceland that can forget to eat. Yeah, you literally just ordered a Big Mac and you forgot to eat it.
Speaker 1: Fast forward three years later, he came across the bag and there were his eyes and Big Mac untouched. Mice had chewed up the entire bag around it, but didn't touch the food.
Speaker 4: You're right, Nature is.
Speaker 1: Like no, and it almost looked brand new. So instead of just tossing it, he handed the mint conditioned meal to the National Museum and it's been making its rounds and galleries all over the country.
Speaker 2: Okay, I could get maybe behind, like I see preservatives maybe in like the bun and stuff. How does the lettuce still exist? Is it not real? Lettuce?
Speaker 1: I gotta go to But yeah, book your trips to Iceland. Make sure you pencil on a visit to see the old Big Mac. It's a cool touristy thing to do over there right now. Yeah, And finally, Jeff's joke of the day care don't care fair? What does a vegan zombie like to eat?
Speaker 4: What great.
Speaker 1: That collar question of the day? Or no, it's not what.
Speaker 3: I don't care brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: It's a new year with a brand new player to win Brooks Bucks. Her name is Jackie. She's a referral coordinator for healthcare, and she has some new Year's goals already laid out for herself. Number one, to stay sane, okay, shopping a lot, Jackie stole mine. Now Number two, she wants to plan some vacations, maybe even Hawaii for spring break.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: I highly recommend it. I'm the only one too.
Speaker 9: Most people are like, yeah, I don't like Hawaii.
Speaker 4: What sucks?
Speaker 8: I'm like that.
Speaker 2: Oh I just thought, you know, I'm so slowly sorry.
Speaker 4: Tropical beach, maybe a nice vacation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, if you returned to that kind of thing, break out of the box, Jackie. What are you about Hawaii?
Speaker 10: The beaches, the warmth if it rains, it's not cold.
Speaker 1: You and me, we're really random, weird. Yeah, you guys are into some weird stuff here. All right, we're gonna send brook out into the cold studio outside, No, leave the cold of the studio to go into the warmth of the outside. And while she heads out, Jackie, you know the game works. He got thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you do have to beat brook Out right to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 10: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: Good luck? Your time starts now. On this day. In nineteen seventy four, the national speed limit was lowered to fifty five miles per hour. What was it before? Ny SE stands for New York?
Speaker 10: What fine integrity?
Speaker 1: What company makes the video game console known as the Switch? The logo for TikTok is a musical note shaped like what lowercase letter? What kind of bird is the mascot for.
Speaker 10: Fruit loob cereal you care.
Speaker 1: Oh, solid work there. Jackie Brook's gonna come back into the studio. And it says on my phone screener here that you do listen to our show. Congratulations. By the way, Yi, I'm trying to decode what was written here. It says you like second dates and phone taps.
Speaker 10: Well, I like more than that, but those are okay, it's usually quite funny.
Speaker 9: You had to choose you get onto our show. Would you rather be pranked in a phone call? Or it's because you're on a second date update?
Speaker 10: Well, I won't be on any second date updates because I am happily married.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't know wait, wait, you don't know what your husband's New Year's resolutions are?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that trip to Hawaii might get real interesting? And do you follow us on social media? Jackie at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 10: I believe I follow you on Facebook?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, we're on every.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we try to write people back when you comment to so comment to it.
Speaker 1: Yes, go follow us everywhere if you haven't already. Now Brook, it's your turn here you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm ready. Let's yep, almost said something super smooth.
Speaker 1: Your time starts now on this day in nineteen seventy four, the national speed limit was lowered to fifty five miles per hour. What was it before seventy? NYSE stands for New York?
Speaker 2: What stock exchange?
Speaker 1: What company makes the video game console known as the Switch?
Speaker 2: Nintendo?
Speaker 1: The logo for TikTok is a musical note shaped like what lowercase letter uh t? What kind of bird is the mascot for fruit loop cereal two can? When voting in the presidential election, there's two types of votes, the popular vote and one other electoral o.
Speaker 8: This maybe a tight one. Today.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go to the scoreboard to see how you bolted with hose Ay, nothing says.
Speaker 7: Lovin like like cress It rolls.
Speaker 4: Jackie, you got too correct today?
Speaker 2: You feel good?
Speaker 13: You don't like that answer?
Speaker 2: I think I'm starting And bruh, you got five?
Speaker 1: Oh no, smoked, you're there, Jackie, Sorry about that. Let's go over the answers real quick. On this day in nineteen seventy four, the national speed limit was officially lowered to fifty five miles per hour. It used to be seventy miles per hour?
Speaker 4: Shall we change it back?
Speaker 1: Ny SC stands for the New York Stock Exchange. The video game console known as the Switch is made by Nintendo. The logo for TikTok is a musical note shaped like a lowercase D, because in China the app was originally called Dewey.
Speaker 2: In a little D yeah, and then here it was originally called musically yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, but no little fun fact about TikTok there for you. That's that's why the logo looks that way. And fruit Loop Cereal has a mascot that is a two can yeah, two can Sam. And in the presidential election, you can either do the popular vote. No, you have to do both. There's a popular vote and the electoral vote. So Jackie unfortunately wasn't enough to beat Brooke today. But just for playing you do win a twenty five dollars Disney gift card valid at any Disney resort, theme park, or online in the Disney store. And I was just there, I was there.
Speaker 9: I highly recommend it, I would say, and I'm just making this up.
Speaker 4: Happiest place on earth.
Speaker 2: Did you too have some crazy hobbies that may else an interest to.
Speaker 4: Be like Disney?
Speaker 2: And we like why we got to keep our secrets so unique?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Jackie, Jackie, Jackie, thank you so much for playing pleasure having you on. Make sure you come back again, right, I will thank you your.
Speaker 2: Resolution to win by the end of the year.
Speaker 10: Okay Jackie, Okay, I'll try here all right.
Speaker 1: We'll be back to the wind Brooks Bucks same time tomorrow
Speaker 3: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.