Speaker 1: It's media podcast. Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host Spencer new Arth and today we're joined by Brody Henderson, Giannis Putellis, Ryan Callahan, Randall Williams, Chester Floyd Christine Siwiki, Corey Culkins, and Alyssa Smith. This is a ten round quiz show with questions for meat Eater's four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing for the start of the week. This week we're updating our total win counter, which we haven't revisited in months. Brody has a demanding lead with twenty seven career wins. Demanding demanding that's followed by Steve command nineteen it could be both, it could be demanding and command sure. That's followed by Steve Vernell with nineteen. Yeah Is Poutellus with twelve, Randall Williams with eight, Ryan Callahan with five, and Clay Nucombe with four. The other eighteen wins come from other crew members, crew members, family members and Meat Eater guests. Does that eight of Randolds include an asters, No, it includes the last episode though. Really we had some controversy on the last episode where the players in the room had to vote on if Randall would get it right. Here's the cool thing about the life to a Randall. If we had any controversy, which Steve would manage to create every now and then, we could just throw it out to the thousand people in the audience and be like, what do you guys think to Steve get this right? The people and then they would boom, They would really give it.
Speaker 2: Your little eight would not have flown in most maybe in Davenport, Iowa, but the other.
Speaker 1: He's from Ohio, the Cleveland. Think the players should decide. I think Bill should.
Speaker 3: I just would like to point out that the rest of the people in the room unanimously consented to order me that point.
Speaker 4: But Brody's rethinking it and here we are today.
Speaker 5: You know what was funny about Live Tour Trivia is the folks that you know well, everybody knows well, they all still put their names on top of the board. Mm hmm, which I was wondering if that's just kind of how they get focused, Like gis is over there, really well, I prefer it making sure nobody's confused.
Speaker 1: I prefer you write your name on your board. Cal. That way, I can just look at the whiteboards when I go around the room. Jonness is making a very strong statement this game bold that just that just benefits me. Now, traditionally, at this point in the show, we do a zero percenter question. But it's a new year here on Trivia, so we are going to replace this segment with something else. Here's what we're going to do. If you have a question for the crew in regards to Trivia, like maybe you want to know Phil's pre show routine, or maybe you want to know how Brody got so darn good at trivia, or maybe you want to know if Cal even likes being here, whatever your curiosity is, send email to Send an email to Trivia at the medeater dot com with the subject line FAQ, and we will start answering some of those questions at the top of the show. That's Trivia at the Medeater dot com with the subject line FAQ. We will start that new segment next week. Now, we have some housekeeping to get to. Since the inception of Trivia, I've referred to the information I read after each question as the follow up factoid. But at the Detroit stop on the Meat Eater Live Tour, Billy Hoffman told me that this has a real name and it's not the follow up factoid. According to Billy, and I've confirmed this with some googling. The trivia community refers to that as flavor text. TV tropes dot com says that flavor text is a vital part of video games, board games, and of course trivia. They define flavor texts as being quote any text in a game that is completely unrelated to the actual rules or gameplay and is included merely for effect. So going forward will be referring to those snippets as flavor test.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why do you want to be like everyone else with veto veto the alliteration?
Speaker 3: Is this right now? Flavor text? Are we flavor texting?
Speaker 1: Well not yet. I like flavor text. It's like, uh, it's there, you go.
Speaker 4: What did you say?
Speaker 1: Chester kind of like flavor test.
Speaker 7: He's got Fiery on the brand also fell in the Kingdom of Guy Fiery.
Speaker 1: The factoid thing has been flawed from the beginning because I think someone told me factoid means that it's like only not really a fact, it's just like sort of a belief or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's kind of like a lot of the answers like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you should do a branded thing like Spencer Shares or something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe it's not flavor text. Maybe we'll have enough your beard, no conditioner, that's right. Say now, the Shelby Index for today's round is a five, so I'm put us on perfect score alert. With that, we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look, I need to know what I stand to win.
Speaker 3: Everything shoulders like two and one.
Speaker 5: Get it all done with one shout discount Ye, not not a high dollar.
Speaker 7: You haven't playing a lot of Balder's Gate three Spencer, and there's a lot of flavor text in that game. And it's sort of like when you're going through a dungeon you find just like a vase and you'll and you put your little cursor over it, and it'll say something like this vase looks cracked and worn and it's covered in a layer of dust, and like, I feel like you're your factoids are more than that. It's more than just like a description of something, and you're adding, like can I smash somebody with this vease?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 3: This vase looks cracked and worn? That right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's incredible.
Speaker 1: You know. All we need to have a name for is whatever col adds to the drop that Phil plays, Because it does, it doesn't matter. We can make a montage of.
Speaker 6: Over the drop and it would be a couple of minutes long, and the.
Speaker 1: Whole episode of whatever Cal has to add. He can't go the.
Speaker 5: Only person who's heard the drop before, like I is no longer.
Speaker 1: In guss me psyched up man, I love it. Question one the topic is conservation, and this first great question comes to us via Tim Brown. Which of these agencies manages the most acres of land? Is it the Bureau of Reclamation, National Park Service, US Forest Service, or Army Corps of Engineers? Which of these agencies manages the most acres of land? The Bureau of Reclamation, National Park Service, US Forest Service, or Army Corps of Engineers? Randall with a quick answer, Yanni with a quick answer. How do you boys feel about your answer?
Speaker 3: Feel pretty good? And you know the great thing is if I get it wrong, I'll learn something today.
Speaker 1: Okay, you'll learn it in the flavor text. Yanni, you think you got this right?
Speaker 4: Go on with the gut.
Speaker 1: Which manages the most acres of land? Bureau of Reclamation, National Park Service, US Forest Service, Army Corps of Engineers. Does everybody have an answer? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Cal saying US Forest Service, Cal excuse me, Randall saying US Forest Service, Cal saying US Forest Service, Chester saying Forest Service, Corey saying Forest Service, Christine saying Forest Service, Alyssa saying Army Corps of Engineers, Brody saying Forest Service, Yanni saying Forest Service. They got it. The correct answer is the US Forest Service. The Bureau of Reclamation manages six point five million acres, which is about the size of Massachusetts. The Army Corps manages twenty four million acres, which is about the size of Indiana. The National Park Service manages eighty five million acres, which is about the size of New Mexico, And the US Forest Service manages one hundred and ninety three million acres, which is about the size of Texas. Question two the topic is cooking. This spice comes in varieties such as sweet hot, smoked, Hungarian and Spanish. Topic is cooking. This spice comes in varieties such as sweet, hot, smoked, Hungarian, and Spanish. Brody is very confident, Brody, you got this one right, m one of my favorites. Oh there's a hint. If anyone knows Brody's kitchen preference, put everything too.
Speaker 4: I feel like you.
Speaker 2: Can put a bunch of it in and you're like, man, couldn't tell hints?
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe not, Maybe you're just buying bad quality stuff. Mmm, Cal, Randall, do you boys agree?
Speaker 5: I feel like there's a big difference between queen smoked and sweet.
Speaker 4: That's true the smoked.
Speaker 2: The smoked has like a smoky flavor. You don't say, and it's like triple the price.
Speaker 1: It seems like. Does everybody have an answer?
Speaker 4: Mm mmmm you know it? Alyssa.
Speaker 1: This spice comes in variety such as sweet, hot, smoked, Hungarian, and Spanish. Alyssa, I think we're waiting on you take your time. Yanni's the only one who ever gets impatient with these things. Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying Paprika, Cal saying Paprika Chester sang paprika. Cory sang paprika, Christine sang paprika, Alyssa Brody Yanni sang paprika. They got it. The correct answer is paprika. That was a one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Now this is going to be some flavor text.
Speaker 1: Paprika is created by grinding different types of dried chili peppers and sweet peppers. McCormick describes its flavor as quote the sweeter gentler cousin of the hot chili pepper family. The spice is heavily utilized in Hungarian, Spanish, and other Central European recipes.
Speaker 4: Sweeter Gentler Bland.
Speaker 5: It's like a lot of these hot peppers you just pick early when they're super watered down and they're not not spicy.
Speaker 1: Also a great garnish Yanni that pty red. I'll give question three. The topic is woodsmanship. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by Jamison t. We're sending this great question. Jamison is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener question of the week and send your question to Trivia at the meat eater dot com. Sunflowers and milkweed are this type of plant, which also happens to be a business magazine with the same name but different spelling. The topic is woodsmanship. Brody has an answer. No one else does. Sunflowers and milkweed are this type of plant, which also happens to be a business magazine with the same name but different spelling. Brody is still the only person who has an answer. Brody, you got this right? With certainty? You know you got it. If I don't, it's an extremely big coincidence. Okay, had I.
Speaker 3: Had to come up with a very creative spelling of business weekly.
Speaker 1: Gloomber my favorite plant. Yanni, you got this one?
Speaker 4: I think so?
Speaker 1: Wo Yeah, Wait a minute, it's spelling important. Spelling is not important. This one's gonna You could spell it like a biologist would, or you can spell it like uh the magazine. Sunflowers and milkweed are this type of plant, which also happens to be a business magazine with the same name but different spelling. It's everybody ready, same sounding name, ship cal How many magazines are you subscribe to? Not that one?
Speaker 5: That one? No, I get the gift the Montana Outdoors magazine to my nephew every year.
Speaker 1: Is that from the FWP. Does everybody have an answer?
Speaker 8: Shit, just got their annual photo issue in the mail yesterday.
Speaker 1: Cal, I think we're waiting on you. There, you go open that marker right in the mic for us.
Speaker 3: It's so sticky and.
Speaker 1: Its going to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're all gonna know it. When he says that you know it?
Speaker 9: I think what eight on the last one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's because I got the right I got the right answer. That's not the same as just throwing out clues and clues and trying to stir.
Speaker 4: Cal.
Speaker 1: We're waiting on you.
Speaker 5: I got distracted by the overly defensive tone of the guy with the right answer.
Speaker 3: I just I think we've been we've been dancing around our banter today. We've been dancing too close to that line.
Speaker 1: Okay of acceptable not a quiet game, quiet game going forward? Is everybody ready ahead and reveal your answer? We have Randall saying Forbes, Cal without an answer, Jess, you're saying like Cory, like you, Cory and Christine and Alyssa and Brody and jan Is saying Forbes they got it the correct answer.
Speaker 3: French business magazine.
Speaker 1: Now, if you want to spell like the magazine, it would be fo rbes. If you were going to spell it like Yanni's wife, who is a botanist, it would be fo rbs. The definition of a Forbe is a broad leaved flowering plant other than grass. Most wildflowers are categorized as Forbes. The business magazine has nothing to do with plants. It's actually named after its founder, Birdie Charles Forbes. Question four. The topic is public lands. What state is home to places such as Ozark, Saint Francis National Forest, Bowl Shoals, White River State Park, and Hot Springs National Park. I feel like we've had a very similar question of this before. We have not had this question What state is home to places such as Ozar or Saint Francis National Forest, bull Shoals, White River State Park, and Hot Springs National Park.
Speaker 5: Sound of a gun.
Speaker 1: Brody thinks we've had this question before, but he doesn't know the answer. Well, Randall has it right? Do you have this one right? I don't know. I'm feeling good about it. This is question for whatever Melyssa, I think we're waiting on you.
Speaker 7: Oh Man, got that such ass in there, Spencer, we did such as that's right?
Speaker 1: One of the kids getting for Christmas this year?
Speaker 7: Oh man, we already talked about that right before you walked in. Randall asked me the same thing, and I said, it was it was a hard year. We had these transitional ages where it's just kind of like they're between interests and lots of kiddies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, so many.
Speaker 3: I said, get them brand new iPhone, no parental.
Speaker 1: So what's the answer, what are they? What are they getting for Christmas?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 7: There, this is definitely for the kids and not for me. We got a really nice karaoke machine.
Speaker 3: Is it yet?
Speaker 6: It's not?
Speaker 4: Actually, yes, Phil, there is.
Speaker 1: There's never been a karaoke night of Mediator that wasn't instigated by Phil. That's just a coincidence that his kids also like karaoke.
Speaker 5: It's a it's a closer to having the tiki bar karaoke party of our DRAMs.
Speaker 6: Cow.
Speaker 1: How big is? How big is the library? On this karaoke it.
Speaker 7: Says you get a subscription to like an an enormous library, like hundreds of thousands of songs.
Speaker 1: For you Phil, YouTube?
Speaker 6: Good for you, Phil?
Speaker 3: You ever need a babysitter?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Does everybody have an answer for the state that's home to Ozark Saint Francis National Forest, Bullshoals, White River State Park, and Hot Springs National Park. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying Arkansas, cal saying Arkansas. Chester saying Arkansas. Cordy sang Missouri, Christine sang Missouri. She crossed out Arkansas, Alyssa saying Arkansas, Brody saying Arkansas, Yanni saying Arkansas. He crossed out Missouri. The correct answer is Arkansas. Well done, room, Most of you got that right. Hot Springs National Park, which has been nicknamed the American Spa, is the only national park in Arkansas. The thermal springs there have been used by humans for thousands of years, but didn't become a national park until nineteen sixteen. Question five, the topic is hunting. This next great question comes to us via Josh Ringsmooth EHD stands for blank hemorrhohagic disease. E h D stands for blank hemorrhohagic disease. Randall knows this. Brodie's thinking hard.
Speaker 3: Are you seeing my answers as I write them down?
Speaker 1: I see your confidence? Am I wrong?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I get tremendously excited when you say that I know this and then I wonder I started second guessing myself.
Speaker 5: It's that Bugle magazine joke all over again.
Speaker 1: EHD stands for did it come too easy? Magic disease?
Speaker 3: Playing with my emotions?
Speaker 1: Joanni, do you have this one right?
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: Have you ever found a critter that had EHD?
Speaker 2: I don't believe so, but I've definitely hunted quite a few places that had played, you know, have had things.
Speaker 1: Does everybody have an answer?
Speaker 3: I'm second guessing myself.
Speaker 6: A long time.
Speaker 5: Ago, I was hunting a bachelor group of eight mule deer bucks and I found them all dead by the end of the week. Really, yeah, every single.
Speaker 3: Week your scope zero.
Speaker 6: This is our tree.
Speaker 5: It was our first week season we found.
Speaker 1: That makes it weirder that you had a rifle with you.
Speaker 5: That's for self protection. Nobody can tell me I can't back a rifle around.
Speaker 1: Does everybody have an answer? Corey?
Speaker 4: How do you?
Speaker 1: Melissa?
Speaker 3: I can't tell if I'm happy with my answer.
Speaker 1: It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. If you were listening closely, Yannie gave away a little bit of the answer. Randall sang epidemic cal saying or excuse me, uh, Chester without an answer, Corey saying exter, Christine saying erratic, Alyssa saying Eastern, Brody saying epizootic, Yannis saying epis what's that say? Episodic? Episodic? The correct answer is epizootic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Okay, Uh Brody is the only one who've got oh uh and cols Okay, it's hard to read when your board's upside down.
Speaker 3: Every other time, it's literally every time.
Speaker 1: Epizootic hemorrhohagic disease is a viral disease in deer that's transmitted by biting midges. It's often fatal and is most prevalent in years with extreme drought. For more on this disease, listen to episode fifty eight of the Wired to Hunt podcast What you Got It in your flavor text? You got it? But I think this blue tongue is incorrect. That's not the same thing as EHD. People use them interchangeably, and it's like not a big deal. It's not worthy of correcting somebody because you have the same ingredients that caused that. Like correcting people that. It's not like that. Yeah, if somebody called the blue tongue. It's not like worthy of telling them that they're wrongs, like you're too dumb to even correct or what it's. It's it's just Phil, we are halfway through the game.
Speaker 5: Disease that like deer spread to each other and it's typically highly localized.
Speaker 1: The HD.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's from biting midges, so there's no when they're concentrated at water, So it wouldn't be like a biologist would be like, oh my god, I gotta go check that out because it's blue tongue instead of EHD.
Speaker 1: Or halfway through the game of trivia, give us a scoreboard update is.
Speaker 7: A high scoring game this week got Melissa Melissa Chester, Christina Corey with three points apiece, cow Joannis and Randall all have four points, and in first place with a perfect game is Barodi Henderson with five points.
Speaker 1: I had a blue tongue last week. How you feeling fine? No? I had a blue freezy.
Speaker 9: No, it wasn't from a mid it was it was a airhead, a blue raspberry airhead.
Speaker 1: Question six the topic is Gear.
Speaker 6: Next Life tour Chester. That's your opener.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this brand which has a lantern in its logo created the world's first portable gas powered lantern in nineteen fourteen. This brand, which has a lantern in its logo, created the world's first portable gas powered lantern in nineteen fourteen. Alyssa, you got this one, Alyssa, what are your kids getting for Christmas this year?
Speaker 4: Use the mic?
Speaker 5: It's okay if it's nothing.
Speaker 3: They're boring this year.
Speaker 1: They're kind of like out of the toy phase.
Speaker 6: My clothes and.
Speaker 1: A lot of meat eater shirts and hats pants.
Speaker 5: This has just been wrecking the free table up there.
Speaker 7: If you guys like black Buffalo and a lot of black Buffalo, everybody's getting it.
Speaker 1: This brand, which has a lantern in its logo, created the world's first portable gas powered lantern in nineteen fourteen. Does everybody have an answer? Chester and Christine are thinking hard? Chester, you could just try cheating. Okay, it's not my style waiting on Chester and Christine. Man, what's wrong Randall?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I'm just second guessing my mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Well, just.
Speaker 5: Maybe lay out all the lantern companies that you can think of.
Speaker 3: I know I've been stinking back on all the like the Bushcrafting and you know, the Instagram accounts where they have the lanterns and axes and so forth.
Speaker 5: You familiar. I think that's a good way to think about it.
Speaker 1: Christine, do you have an answer? Do you give up? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall and cal and Chester and Corey saying Coleman, Christine without an answer, Alyssa and Brody and Yanni saying Coleman. They got it. The correct answer is Coleman. The first lantern that W. C. Coleman created was able to light up a one hundred foot circle. These lanterns were used to illuminate the first evening football game west of the Mississippi River. The company's other major invention was the original g I pocket stove, which was used by word World War II soldiers. Question seven, The topic is cooking. This next great question comes to his via Adam Curry. The Spruce Eats defines this six letter word as quote a French style of smooth, creamy soup that's made from crustaceans. The topic is cooking. The Spruce Eats defines this six letter word as quote, a French style of smooth, creamy soup that's made from crustaceans. Go for a bowl this stuff right now. You got to stop doing these games over the lunch hours, Mancer. It's the only time I can get everybody free. Brodie seems to think he has this one right. Next time, maybe order some lunch, geez Randall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, kids, I'm still laughing over the black buffalo Christmas gift that keeps on giving right, a solid nicotine addiction.
Speaker 1: We had to get him next year.
Speaker 4: Body.
Speaker 1: We had a gift exchange yesterday at meat Eater, and somebody did bring the black buffalo to the gift exchange. Heck of a gift.
Speaker 4: Half of a trash can fold to be exact, It's.
Speaker 1: Only a small trash can. So the spruce Heats defines this sixth letter word as a French style of smooth, creamy soup that's made from crustaceans. Does everybody have an answer?
Speaker 3: Is everybody familiar with the spruce heats? That's what I'm just wondering about.
Speaker 4: If I've heard of it.
Speaker 3: If the Flavor Flavor text will fill us in.
Speaker 1: On the.
Speaker 5: It's everybody ready, I think we might be migrating away from Flavor tex.
Speaker 1: Oh, Yanni, how'd your answer? What are we doing here?
Speaker 4: Everybody over there has already got one.
Speaker 1: We're good, Chester is not. It's everybody ready, Yanni's ready, Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall's saying bisc, Cal saying bisc Chester without an answer, Corey saying bisc, Christine saying bisc Alyssa saying chowder, Brody and Janny alys and Brody saying bisc alyssa.
Speaker 4: You would have had to spell it chowd Doe get that right.
Speaker 1: The correct answer was bisk. That's spelled b i s q u E. The main difference between bisc and chowder is that bisk is smooth, while chowder is chunky. If you want to learn how to make seafood stock that can be used in a bisk or chowder, then check out Danielle Pruitt's recipe on the meadeater dot com called how to make fish Stock. Question eight. The topic is fishing. This reality show about commercial bluefin fishing has aired on National Geographic since twenty twelve. Brody wrote his answer with the confidence of someone who is going to keep their perfect game going. This is question eight. The topic is fishing. This reality show about commercial bluefin fishing has aired on National Geographic since twenty twelve. Brody, have you ever watched this show?
Speaker 6: Like way back?
Speaker 1: But I don't feel it's really about commercial bluefin fishing. I feel like it's about dudes getting fights with each other.
Speaker 6: So like the flavor text around.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. If I'm going to watch a reality show, it's going to be something like Married at First Sight or Love is Blind.
Speaker 1: There you go the whole like something that all the dogs.
Speaker 3: Growth characters on the High Season never really pulled me in.
Speaker 1: It's everybody, No, everyone's not ready. Yeah.
Speaker 6: You watching The Golden Bachelor, Randall, No, I.
Speaker 1: Did like that.
Speaker 3: Actually, I can't stand the Bachelor. I don't want a contest. I want to see love actually unfold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the only Bachelor I've ever watched. It was almost heartwarming, Phil see those old folks find in love at that age.
Speaker 6: It's not too late.
Speaker 1: It's not too late. That's right. They were in like their seventies.
Speaker 3: That wasn't there some wasn't there some A little weird about that guy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's on a reality on that show.
Speaker 1: Yeah he dated twenty women. That was a little weird.
Speaker 3: I thought they had misrepresented his his his relationship status that he actually had been he had, you know, never mind watch it.
Speaker 1: You seem to know a lot about it. You got all the flavor texts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard that on the one of my let's go back to the possibilities of Love.
Speaker 6: I liked it when you were talking.
Speaker 3: About the Yeah, I'm yeah, really digging in on the new season of Love, Flavor of Phil Did you watch Flavor of Love? No Randon, Yeah, no, no.
Speaker 1: Okay, no one would get the pumpkin in New York. It was one of the greatest scenes reality TV show history. Does everybody have an answer?
Speaker 3: Moving on?
Speaker 2: Uh, I appreciate the extra time I needed Chester until five seconds ago.
Speaker 1: Entire answer. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying Tuna wars, Cal saying wicked Tuna, Chester saying big Tuna, Corey saying big Tuna, which was Jim Helpert's nickname in the office, Christine saying wicked Tuna, Alyssa saying catch, Brody saying wicked Tuna, Yanni saying Tuna wars. The correct answer is wicked Tuna. Brody keeps the perfect game going. You boys are confusing that with the show Whale Wars, which we've had a question about before.
Speaker 4: Never heard you have?
Speaker 1: I bet you were on that episode, Yanni. Thus you have heard of it. Wicked Tuna is still in production and has thus far created twelve seasons and one hundred and seventy episodes. Follows fishermen who compete to make the most money by catching atlantic bluefin tuna. It's estimated that the most valuable tuna ever caught on the show was worth upwards of forty seven thousand dollars. Phil we have two questions left. Who is left in the game.
Speaker 7: The players who are not left are Chester, Melyssa, Corey, and Christine. We've got Randall and Giannis with six points, Calus seven and in first place he still got it. It's Brody with eight points.
Speaker 1: Question nine, the topic is biology.
Speaker 4: So stoic over there with this fat lead.
Speaker 1: This next great question comes to us via John Vannik bring the heat spencer. What is the opposite of an ectothermic animal? What the was that? Like? This question is too easy, Yannie? Or is it like? What does that even mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think it's too easy.
Speaker 1: What is the opposite of an ecdothermic animal?
Speaker 5: That's the last question.
Speaker 1: This is question nine.
Speaker 3: That's just a question about prefixes.
Speaker 1: Is question nine? Why don't you just there's a little whole room A little hint from Randall?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, y'all can't be eights, buddy.
Speaker 1: What is the opposite of an ectothermic animal? Randall? You have this one right?
Speaker 3: I hope so.
Speaker 1: Cal you have this one right?
Speaker 5: I know the opposite of ectothermic? Write that down. But if I had.
Speaker 1: The opposite of don't don't too many hints here? What is the opposite of an ectothermic animal? Brody? How do you feel about your hands? Scientific? I mean, not exactly which answer? There's a couple of different I feel pretty good.
Speaker 5: There is learn and something that if you read too far into any of these questions, you're wrong.
Speaker 3: What's the opposite of an animal? And then narrow?
Speaker 4: That's right?
Speaker 5: I find the correspond instagram some.
Speaker 3: Some non carbon based think about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna meadow me away from even having a correct answer here.
Speaker 4: Hey, does everybody have an answer? Do we need more time? Because I have a question for you?
Speaker 1: Okay about what about your shirt? What do you want to know about? What is it?
Speaker 4: What's it all about? It's like a weird looking.
Speaker 1: Shirt, says it says meno m E N n O. Uh. This was my baseball jersey in middle school. The town I grew up in in Menow was Meadow. Col's made the observation before, but it used to be a little HEFTI er Yanni, and so yes, my middle school baseball jersey still fits me.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Actually, no, it's not that cool. No.
Speaker 4: I like the fact that you still have it.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, I.
Speaker 8: Was hoping you were representing the University of Montana Grizzlies, who are headed to the national.
Speaker 1: Championship against US South Dakota State jack Rabbits. Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying endothermic, Cal saying endothermic, Chester saying endothermic. Corey says nocturnal, Christine says endothermic, Alyssa says cold blooded, Brody says endothermic or warm blooded. Yanni says endothermic. The correct answer is endothermic or warm blooded. The room did well.
Speaker 8: Since y'all laughed at my answer. I had endothermic. Originally I thought that was too dumb.
Speaker 9: And what I put down was endothermic, cold blooded and I erase cold blooded.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is a good thing. Ecdotherms are cold blooded animals, meaning their body temp relies on external sources like sunlight or heated rocks. Endotherms are warm blooded animals, meaning they maintain a constant body tap and that's independent of their environment. Phil, we're on the last question, give us one last leaderboard update.
Speaker 7: It is down to Ryan Callahan and Brody Henderson still has this perfect game with nine points, but cal is nipping at his heels with eight.
Speaker 1: No, Brody, I will tell you we haven't had a perfect game since the Christmas episode of twenty twenty two. It's been almost exactly a year. By time this episode comes out, it will have been over a year. You could make some history here. Good question. Maybe you'll pitch like you question.
Speaker 3: That was the day that I played my first game of trivia, and I remember because Steve said you should come play trivia with us. I just got a perfect game, dude, I got a perfect Now.
Speaker 1: We also had Randall at a perfect game once, he was nine for nine. Coming into the last question about.
Speaker 3: Uh about this and what happened around choked. It wasn't a perfect It wasn't a perfect game, so it's not relevant. I don't think we need to revisit.
Speaker 5: This, Spencer.
Speaker 1: Question ten, the topic is the conservation name four of the six states with wolverines, according to the wolf Foundation. Coincidentally, this is very similar to the question that Randall messed up on, which I think was related to states that had what bighorn sheep?
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: He doesn't remember, which I don't think is true. Question ten, again, the topic is conservation name four of the six states with wolverines, according to the Wolverine Foundation. Brody was the quickest one to come up with an answer. His whiteboard is down, his marker is closed. He thinks he has the perfect game. Brody, you feel confident? I do Okay? Four? You have four states written down right, it's gonna double check for us.
Speaker 5: Oh you should only do four?
Speaker 1: Four, only do four. You're gonna get it wrong. Cal if you have five or six? Okay? Is everybody?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Everyone is not ready. Cal's gonna go for seven. You just tell us their whole native range.
Speaker 4: Cal.
Speaker 3: He's got him, He's got him.
Speaker 1: Okay. Randall's also confident. Just question ten as a reminder, if Brody does have the perfect game meat Eater will double its donation from five hundred dollars to one thousand dollars. A lot on the line here, Brody. Mm hmm, Corey waiting on you.
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm probably just erasing the right answer again.
Speaker 1: Okay, Christine good Alyssa. No, I'm gonna draw all this out. Oh, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have, Randall saying Colorado, Montana, Idaho, Alaska, cal sag Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington, Colorado. He went for six states, Chester saying Montana, Idaho, Alaska, Wyoming. Corey sang Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho. Christine crossed out, Michigan said Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, Alaska, Alyssa without an answer, Brody saying Alaska, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Johannis saying Alaska, Montana, California, Colorado. The six states are Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Oregon, and Alaska. Brody got it right again, Brody with the perfect game, the first perfect game in about thirteen months. Wait to go, Brody, well done. You went with the states Colorado.
Speaker 5: There's Wyoming or Colorado. Wolverines have been sighted in Colorado. But I don't think there's an established popular This is.
Speaker 1: Via the Wolverine Foundation. You're gonna have to argue with them. It's estimated that there are about three hundred wolverines currently living in the lower forty eight. Their range used to extend from New England to California, but was heavily segmented. The last reported sighting for a wolverine in Minnesota was nineteen sixty nine, for California was nineteen twenty two, for Utah was nineteen twenty one, and for Colorado was nineteen nineteen.
Speaker 5: Oh bullshit, And you think I'm afraid to argue with somebody'll.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and argue with the wolverine. Wait, you're saying the last one in Colorado? Seeing it, it's said the Wolverine Foundation said nineteen. They heard through that state a few years ago.
Speaker 3: I thought they was tourn like very recently.
Speaker 1: Brody, you're the winner game.
Speaker 2: You should give it to the wolverine where Yeah, they maybe they have updates.
Speaker 3: To go find these Colorado wolverine.
Speaker 1: Brody, where is the one thousand dollars donation to go?
Speaker 3: We'll do my favorite.
Speaker 1: He's wearing a hat that says the mule deer Foundation. That's where you're gonna donate to you. What are they got going on right now? What do you like about taking care of those mule deer habitat? Yeah, stuff like that second deer in North America. Someone's got a love according to who not mem Well done, Brody, perfect game. It's been a long time coming. Thank you, did Randall? Do you have nine? Who had nine? Did somebody have nine?
Speaker 6: Nobody got nine?
Speaker 1: Cal went with the Colorado instead of Oregon.
Speaker 3: Which fumbled as he went to spike the football.
Speaker 5: There point it was a pyrrhic victory.
Speaker 1: Did that inspire you, Randall? Seeing a perfect game by Brody?
Speaker 3: I'm completely unaffected.
Speaker 6: Okay, just taking it away even more.
Speaker 3: I you know, I've moved on. There's other things in my life that I choose to prioritize over winning perfect.
Speaker 1: Games, like Golden Batch.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, finding love on reality television.
Speaker 1: Join us next time for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.