Speaker 1: You know how the famous saying goes New Year, who diss? We promised to bring that same clueless attitude into our first What's on your Mind? Of twenty twenty four? We're gonna start things off with Brooke like we always do. Hey Brooks, what's on your mind?
Speaker 2: My god?
Speaker 3: Okay, First, it is so good to be back in our brand new studio. I just it is so beautiful. If you haven't seen it, go to our socials or come.
Speaker 1: Into the studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure. But over the break, we got a chance to travel to Portugal.
Speaker 2: You mean you and your family?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Got us? Yeah, And I gotta say the strangest experience of my life was seeing Portuguese Santa Claus. It was like being on an acid trip. Well and I've never been on an acid trip, but this is what I imagine it to be.
Speaker 1: How is Portuguese Santa different than San Over?
Speaker 3: First, we go wait in line and behind the door where Santa is we can't see, but we keep hearing all this applause pond like large groups of people are plotted. I guess. So we're like, you know, talking like what is this gonna be? So finally, a large Portuguese sparkly Elf opens the door right and lets twenty of us in to a pitch black room filled with black lights. Wait where, like there's like, oh my god, yes, yeah, there's like spray painted knee on Santa on the wall.
Speaker 1: Does Santa have his shirt?
Speaker 3: And he's not even in there. All that's in there is the two elves. So we proceed for the next twenty five minutes to play some sort of Simon says where we're pointing to our hair and our bellies.
Speaker 4: We don't really know.
Speaker 3: We're just kind of trying to follow the same.
Speaker 4: Movements and then when you get it wrong, they sing a song and they clap it around in a circle and celebrate how stupid you are. After twenty five minutes of this, finally the door opens, so we go into the room and there is the skinniest Santa you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Well, I just think Europeans, so maybe a better Mediterranean, you know, And we just do a couple of thumbs up photos.
Speaker 4: It's like thumbs up and then.
Speaker 3: We're ushered out and both kids look at me and they're just like shock in their face. They're like, we didn't like that.
Speaker 2: It is not like the typical so.
Speaker 3: Just you know, different culture, different vibes. That's cool.
Speaker 1: J what's on your mind?
Speaker 2: Well, you guys didn't know. I went to Disneyland overbreak and it was amazing. Everything was awesome except for one thing. I was in Tunetown. Oh amazing. So I'm buying Mickey ears at a shop. Done after my purchase, I'm fidgeting with them, trying to put them on, and I look and I see an exit sign. Well, all of a sudden, I look up and I'm in a long hallway. No no, I'm like, oh, I'm not supposed to be here. And then I I turned back around just to open the door behind me that I just went in, and there's a sign that says check your costumes, and I'm like, oh no, I'm in an employee hallway. And then I realized that there's a code on the panel on the inside. Well, I can't just open the door again. So then I start wandering down his hallway and it is long, and their signs like remember the Magic, and I'm just freaking out because there's just door after door and it's like real life Alice in Wonderland.
Speaker 3: What color is it? A video?
Speaker 2: I didn't want to I'm scared. I gout of it, but I almost call the police because I was like, what do I do? Like, I'm trapped at Disneyland in a long, gray hallway. I can't even if I thought about testing doors, but even if one opens, I don't know what ride I'm behind. I'm not gonna walk in, and all of a sudden, I'm like a character on a ride. Like so I start to freak out. I'm like, when do I call the police? And then eventually this teenager walks in an employee yeahs there, and I'm like, home, Oh, I got help me. I'm lost and I'm scared and I'm trapped. I don't know where I am. You're a grown man. I really was scared.
Speaker 3: Safe place brings out the child and all of us.
Speaker 2: So she does what she should do, and like I'm a child. She's like, okay, let's calm down, take a breath. Where were now?
Speaker 1: Where's your mommy?
Speaker 2: And dash? She literally said, She goes where's your family? And I'm like I'm all alone. She's like, it's okay, where were you? And I was like, I was buying the years and two down and I just wanted to go back to she's like okay, and then she grabs my hand and she's like, let's get you to Tune Town. She held, she puts in the code, gets me back in, and everything was fine.
Speaker 1: Budge made it out. Okay, yeah, alexis what's been on your mind?
Speaker 5: I'm going to add onto the vacation stories. And I went to Italy, but it wasn't exactly what I expected. Okay, what do you expect? Well, I knew their coffee was good, I heard, but like the issue is they just have like one shot of espresso, you know, at the counter, and like that's not going to do it for me. I want to ice and I need four shots and they don't do that. So I ended up going to Starbucks a lot.
Speaker 3: They don't even have ice.
Speaker 1: Go to Starbucks in Italy exactly.
Speaker 5: Then I had to hide my cup walking around because it was like pretty embarrassing nobody had it. And then I love the croissants, but I got tired of them, so I did find myself really craving a sausage biscuit and I had to find a McDonald's, which I did eat in Italy.
Speaker 3: You just went to Italy to experience the United States.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is a you know, and then it's like people talk up the big like things there, like the Colisseum.
Speaker 4: I went to Okay, yeah, okay, and.
Speaker 5: I took photos, but not of the broken rocks in front of me. I took them. There was a cat loose in the coliseum area, and yeah, it was way more exciting than all the history around me. I just followed this cat around the Colisseum and like with that, that is it great? Not really, I mean, but that made it worth it. I just want to give some honesty to people before they go to Italy, so you know what to expect.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey, what's on your mind.
Speaker 1: I went to the nether Leans for our holiday break. It's a little intimidating being around the people of the Netherlands because they're all very tall, very fit, very naturally good looking. Yeah, the whole city bikes.
Speaker 3: Everywhere, so like five languages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, educated. But the most intimidating part of it was when I went to a bathroom at one of the local pubs. No one was in the stalls there. That's not where I'm going with it. I'm not intimidated by that. The the journals in the Netherlands are like a foot taller than they are than in America.
Speaker 3: Oh is it like can you reach?
Speaker 1: You see? In order in order to get my business done, I had to take a step back and coast guarden that. But you know, the coast guard has those like boats the spray water up onto. They're not like flat across. It's like an upwards arc, like a Steph Curry three pointer from Downtown.
Speaker 2: Splash Brothers.
Speaker 1: So it was a challenge. Got the job done, and I am a better person for having visited the nether world.
Speaker 2: This is like a postical.
Speaker 3: Course something like I feel for whoever had to clean that bathroom message, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Playing seven eight, five nine two, tell us what's been on your mind? It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.