Speaker 1: It's a Brook and Jeffrey podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, and don't forget you can still text in your thoughts, your feelings, your opinions to seven eight five nine two. I mean we almost always respond oh that we read them, though, Yeah, we do read them. Okay, well we'll read them. I can guarantee that. Okay, seven eight five nine two. And the full show starts right now.
Speaker 3: It's been noted on the show many times that Brooke is a notorious miser miser I feel like.
Speaker 1: I really try to be a giving, lovely person.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey, Well, well, I don't find any joy in saying that, Brook does.
Speaker 1: I really don't you play this music?
Speaker 3: It's just facts. And anytime anything shipped to us for free, like when a new movie or TV show sends us a box of promotional shirts or coffee mugs, Brooke will go for it first and keep everything in the box for herself. Oh then give the rest to her entitled children, and we leave the scraps for us.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, I did hoard my little pony one that we got, yet we.
Speaker 3: Received one the other day for some found of music remake or stage tour or something. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 1: But I think they were just replaying the movie.
Speaker 3: Brook of course grabbed it immediately, and she had to take her kids to their polo lessons, so she said, you guys, open it, but she said make sure to leave the most expensive item for me on my chair. I did that. I followed her instructions and left Brook the biggest, nicest thing, which was a hand embroidered blanket.
Speaker 1: These are a few of my favorite things.
Speaker 3: Next morning, I come in and what do I see?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 3: Said blanket out on the free table in our breakthrough.
Speaker 5: I don't want any of this stock.
Speaker 3: Just one little problem with that.
Speaker 1: I thought someone would like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that thought it was nice, but someone in the company did a little blanket investigation.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 3: And if you know anything about the sound of music, it has World War two Nazi influence. At this point, the Nazis it is. I hate to say this about a coworker, I really do.
Speaker 1: But now, given you the box.
Speaker 3: There are rumors going around the office. Don't say that she dropped off a Himmler blanket in the.
Speaker 7: Blue throat.
Speaker 3: Trying to spread her Nazi dropaganda the office. Look, that's just the office tea right now. I tried to stomp it out and say, let's give the benefit of the jat, let's hear her out, but a lot of people argued, no, she knew what she was doing. She's pushing the propaganda.
Speaker 8: On to the.
Speaker 9: Brook.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you want to say right now. Have you always been associated with the Nazis?
Speaker 1: Es new things for you?
Speaker 5: Holy anti Nazi?
Speaker 2: Julie is a damn icon, Okay, And that blanket was not very cozy.
Speaker 5: I gave it up on there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I really didn't think it could get worse after you went on Twitter publicly supporting Kanye last night. So I guess let's just hope this goes away quietly. Let's move on. We're in the terrible ones. Wow. Anyway, we're going on to the shack collar question of the day.
Speaker 10: Brook just starting to give Jeff.
Speaker 3: Jacob try and bring the mood up a little bit with the question that you would ask us. I'll do my best.
Speaker 10: Well, whenever you go out to a movie, you want to grab the.
Speaker 11: Best possible seat in the house, obvious, and there's a few ways to make sure that happens. You could do what Brooke does and rent out the entire theater for just her family, or you can bounce around seats like goldilocks until you find.
Speaker 10: One that's just right.
Speaker 4: That's kind of annoying, though, but.
Speaker 11: That's why A new survey asked a thousand moviegoers to name something that causes people to change seats at the movies.
Speaker 3: That's a good question.
Speaker 11: You'll need to get the top five answers in a brand new edition of Unglued Family Feud. We'll start with the guy who once used the popcorn bucket trick on himself.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 11: He was still surprised, Jeffrey, name something that causes people to change seats.
Speaker 3: At the movies. Okay, I think there's a lot of people that get annoyed by this, but I personally enjoy it when a couple in the theater is getting a little bit firsty with each other, maybe in the back row.
Speaker 1: So you actually find those people and sit right behind them.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and I whisper nice things to them while it's happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get it, moting in between them.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna use that as my guess. What is couples hooking up near you make you want to move?
Speaker 6: Actually a good answer? A weird way to get there.
Speaker 1: And disturbing and involved his mother.
Speaker 10: An affectionate couple is number five of them.
Speaker 1: Is that the first time ever he's got right?
Speaker 11: Yeah, let's go to to Lexis name is something that causes people to change seats at the movies.
Speaker 12: I've never changed seats in the movies, but I don't go a lot because I like to talk so much during movies.
Speaker 6: Everyone's changed. She's like, I'm always all alone.
Speaker 4: To say.
Speaker 12: And I did a movie review se man I love.
Speaker 1: We both talked so much.
Speaker 12: So maybe people move away from me. I'm gonna go with talking.
Speaker 10: Jake having noisy neighbors. That's number two on Alexis nail.
Speaker 3: Let's go over to Jose now hear it?
Speaker 4: That was on my list.
Speaker 13: Well, I have another thing on my list I think is more disturbing, and that's when people are on their phones. It's the light that you can see the light and sometimes they don't from their brightness down and you just see it flashing in the corner your eyes.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to say people.
Speaker 10: On their phones, Jake, annoying phone users, not on the God.
Speaker 2: For a second, I didn't think I was going to get to answer. Okay, I've been thinking about this and two things popped up in my mind. First one, I hate when I sit down and I'm in a sticky area. Oh, you know, like your feet are stuck to the ground.
Speaker 3: My mom's seats.
Speaker 1: You mean she dropped her coke.
Speaker 3: Right, that's what mean? Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: But then I was also thinking of personal experience, and the only time I ever switched seats being a short person is when somebody tall.
Speaker 1: Is sitting in front of me and I can't see the screen, especially big heads. I'm sorry, Jake, I don't mean to direct that.
Speaker 10: This is an immediate head is.
Speaker 5: Like big old a bobblehead.
Speaker 10: I was seven and seven eighth size.
Speaker 3: Heads, Yeah, cover it up with a Himmler blanket.
Speaker 1: So I need to go with someone tall blocking your view.
Speaker 10: Forget the big head.
Speaker 4: One of the pet boys.
Speaker 10: A tall person sitting in front of you is number three.
Speaker 6: Before you answer?
Speaker 13: Is broken on it because I've changed seats because I'm really broken one.
Speaker 3: Let's go over the answer.
Speaker 10: Let's do it. Number one just overall. You want a better view?
Speaker 4: Oh god, yeah?
Speaker 11: Number two noisy neighbors, that's what alexis gott Number three brooks at a tall person in front of you. Number four, it was said in the room dirty or sticky seats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I can see it.
Speaker 11: And then number five Jeffrey's answer, I will never forget unaffectionate couple affectionate things.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm getting shocks.
Speaker 3: Is gonna be taking it a while? Yeah, So somebody wanted to hear you singing Unholy by Sam Smith.
Speaker 14: I like this song.
Speaker 13: Mummy don't know he's getting hot at the body shop doing something Unholy.
Speaker 3: Got kind of into your shot collar question of the day, Freaking Jeffrey in the morning, guys, I had that classic nightmare where you're at school or you're at work and you suddenly realize you're not wearing pants.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we've all been there.
Speaker 1: Is it a nightmare for you?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean it's just a regular Tuesday for you. But then I told this lame joke in it and nobody laughed. You know, the one about the newspaper what's white and black and red all over?
Speaker 12: No, people still use that joke.
Speaker 3: Oh a newspaper, Oh my god, nobody's laughing. Oh no, wait, it's happening right now.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I would have laughed if I got it.
Speaker 3: And in my dream. I had a white sweater on too, and I'm wearing one today, and then to my female co host just started randomly kissing in it for no reason. Oh my god, it's about to happen. Somebody videos.
Speaker 13: Hurry everyone looks, don't it's almost my eye contracted up.
Speaker 1: There, dude.
Speaker 5: I actually liked the newspaper joke better than that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Broke, Yes, you can use your selfie stick if that's what you want to do. So that was what was on my mind all night.
Speaker 5: Stop dreaming about us.
Speaker 3: I bet even more disturbing thoughts and co hosts kissing are gonna come out when we do a brand new edition of What's on Your Mind?
Speaker 4: If you want to kiss?
Speaker 3: Okay, it was just the female. Okay, that's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 14: Coming up frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You know how the famous saying goes New Year, who diss? And we promised to bring that same clueless attitude into our first What's on Your Mind of twenty twenty four. We're gonna start things off with Brooke like we always do. Hey, Brook, what's on your Mind?
Speaker 5: Got okay?
Speaker 6: First?
Speaker 5: It is so good to be back in our brand new studio.
Speaker 1: I just it is so beautiful. If you haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: Go to our socials or come in to the studio.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 1: Sure, but over the break we got a chance to travel to Portugal.
Speaker 10: And your family got us.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I gotta say, the strangest experience of my life was seeing Portuguese Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: It was like being on an acid trip.
Speaker 5: Well and I've never been on an acid trip, but this is what I imagine it to be.
Speaker 3: How is Portuguese Santa different than first?
Speaker 1: We go wait in line and behind the door where Santa is we can't see, but we keep hearing all.
Speaker 2: This applause, like flaws, like large groups of people applauded.
Speaker 14: I guess.
Speaker 1: So we're like, you know, talking like what is this going to be?
Speaker 2: So finally a large Portuguese sparkly elf opens the door, right, and let's twenty of us in.
Speaker 1: To a pitch black room filled with black lights.
Speaker 12: Wait where like there's like oh my god, yes yes.
Speaker 1: And there's like spray painted knee on Sanna on the wall.
Speaker 3: Does Santa have his shirt?
Speaker 5: And he's not even in there. All that's in there is the two elves.
Speaker 2: So we proceed for the next twenty five minutes to play some sort of Simon says where we're pointing.
Speaker 1: To our hair and our bellies.
Speaker 5: We don't really know. We're just kind of trying to follow the same movements.
Speaker 1: And then when you get it wrong, they sing a.
Speaker 5: Song and they clap it around in a circle. I celebrate how stupid you are. After twenty five.
Speaker 2: Minutes of this, finally the door opens, so we go into the room and there is the skinniest sannah.
Speaker 1: You've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Well, I just think Europeans, so maybe on a better Mediterranean, you know, And we just do a couple of thumbs up photos. It's like thumb and then we're ushered out and both kids look at me and they're just like shock in their face.
Speaker 1: They're like, we didn't like that. It is not like the typical So just you know, different culture, different vibes.
Speaker 6: That's cool though. Yeah, well you guys didn't know.
Speaker 13: I went to Disneyland overbreak and it was amazing. Everything was awesome except for one thing. I was in Tunetown.
Speaker 6: Oh Town's amazing.
Speaker 4: So I'm buying Mickey Ears at a shop.
Speaker 13: Right after my purchase, I'm fidgeting with them trying to put them on, and I look and I see an exit sign.
Speaker 4: Well, all of a sudden, I look up and I'm in a long hallway. No no, I'm like, oh, I'm not supposed to be here.
Speaker 13: And then I turned back around just to open the door behind me that I just went in, and there's a sign that says check your costumes, and I'm like, oh, no, I'm in an employee hallway. And then I realized that there's a code on the panel on the inside, so I can't just open the door again walk for me and stuck. So then I start wandering down this hallway and it is long, and their sons like remember the Magic, And I'm just freaking out because there's just door after door and it's like real life Alice in Wonderland.
Speaker 14: What color is it?
Speaker 12: Making a video?
Speaker 10: I didn't want to.
Speaker 12: I'm scared.
Speaker 4: I thought of it, but I will call the police because I was like, what do I do, Like, I'm.
Speaker 6: Trapped at Disneyland in a long, gray hallway.
Speaker 13: I can't even if I thought about testing doors, but even if one opens, I don't know what ride I'm behind.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna walk in.
Speaker 13: And all of a sudden, I'm like a character on a ride, like so I start to freak out. I'm like, when do I call the police? And then eventually this teenager walks in an employee works there.
Speaker 3: Okay, and I'm like, oh my god, help me.
Speaker 6: I'm lost and I'm scared and I'm trapped.
Speaker 4: I don't know where I am.
Speaker 10: You're a grown man.
Speaker 5: I really was scared, raise out the child and all of it.
Speaker 13: So she does what she should do, and like I'm a child. She's like, okay, let's calm down, take a breath.
Speaker 10: Where were now?
Speaker 3: Where's your mommy?
Speaker 4: And jass?
Speaker 6: She literally said, where's your family?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, She's like, it's okay.
Speaker 10: Where were you?
Speaker 6: And I was like I was buying the years and two down and I just wanted to go back that. She's like okay, and then she grabs my.
Speaker 4: Hand and she's like, let's get you to Tunetown.
Speaker 13: She held, she puts in the code, gets me back in, and everything was fine.
Speaker 3: Gudge made it out. Okay, alexis what's been on your mind?
Speaker 15: I'm going to add onto the vacation stories. And I went to Italy, but it wasn't exactly what I expected, Okay, what do you expect? Well, I knew their coffee was good, I heard, but like the issue is they just have like one shot of espresso, you know, at the counter, and like that's not going to do it for me.
Speaker 12: I wanted ice and I need four shots.
Speaker 1: They're not going to ice coffee and they don't do that.
Speaker 12: So I ended up going to Starbucks a lot.
Speaker 1: They don't even have ice.
Speaker 3: Go to Starbucks in Italy exactly.
Speaker 15: Then I had to hide my cup walking around because it was like pretty embarrassing nobody had it. And then I love the croissants, but I got tired of them, so I did find myself really craving a sausage biscuit and I had to find a McDonald's.
Speaker 1: In Italy. You just went to Italy to experience the United States.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it is a.
Speaker 4: Europe to them, you know.
Speaker 15: And then it's like people talk up the big like things. They're like the Colisseum I went to Okay, yeah, okay, and I took photos, but.
Speaker 12: Not of the broken rocks in front of me. I took them.
Speaker 15: There was a cat loose in the coliseum area, and yeah, it was way more exciting than all the history around me.
Speaker 12: I just followed this cat around the Colisseum and without that is it great? Not really, I mean, but that made it worth it.
Speaker 15: I just want to give some honesty to people before they go to Italy, so you know what to expect, Jeffrey, what's.
Speaker 10: On your mind?
Speaker 3: I went to the Netherlands for our holiday break, and it's a little intimidating being around the people of the Netherlands because they're all very tall, very fit, very naturally good looking. Heah, the whole city, bikes.
Speaker 1: Everywhere, and they all speak like five languages.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well educated. But the most dating part of it was when I went to a bathroom at one of the local pubs. No one was in the stalls there. That's not where I'm going with it. I'm not intimidated by that. The journals in the Netherlands are like a foot taller than they are than in America.
Speaker 14: Oh is it like?
Speaker 1: Can you reach?
Speaker 3: You see? In order in order to get my business done, I had to take a step back and coast Guarden that mean, But you know the coast guard has those like boats the spray water up onto the ships. They're not like flat across. It's like an upwards arc like a Steph Curry three pointer from Downtown Splash Brothers. So it was a challenge, got the job done, and I am a better person for having visited the Netherlands.
Speaker 16: This is like a course something I feel for whoever had to clean that bathroomage.
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Seven tell us what's been on your mind? It's Brook and Jeffrey. In the morning. We got a text into seven eight five nine two with somebody saying, what's on my mind? You don't talk enough about Hell's Kitchen?
Speaker 1: Just wait the show or the neighborhood in New York City.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they mean the show, but let's fix that.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Hell's Kitchen. What a show I've never seen? It is that the one looking right.
Speaker 3: Cookie?
Speaker 5: People are stupid.
Speaker 3: There you go. I hope you're satisfied.
Speaker 1: I've ever tasted.
Speaker 6: Yeah, shut up, donkey, he says, donkey, are you donkey?
Speaker 3: Wow? I hope that was worth it for whoever. Another text says, my name is Kate, And every morning we start off by listening to your show. We list off the top five songs we think y'all will play, and funny enough, those five come on.
Speaker 12: That's weird because I think we only play four on this station.
Speaker 3: That we're not licensed for that. And one more says, what's on my mind is that Alexis should try mac and cheese mixed with hop ramen and ranch dressing. They say it's really good.
Speaker 12: What do you cook the ram or is it like uncooked? Because that's not like a lot of work.
Speaker 1: If it's a both, she doesn't even barely.
Speaker 3: Cook the mat still might be a little bit too spicy for with that ranch on texts coming in seventy eighty five nine to tell us what's been on her mind.
Speaker 14: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You ever feel like sometimes people just don't know when to quit.
Speaker 1: What I mean, Oh, that's definitely me.
Speaker 3: With this job. Yeah, or like you know with Alexis with driving. Oh, it doesn't matter how many park cars she dings, or stop signs she runs over, or drawbridges that she tries to jump at the last second.
Speaker 1: It's amazing what that Jennifer do.
Speaker 3: Next time I'm a little faster, she just puts the smile right behind that wheel. Again.
Speaker 1: I'm a good Dad's still paid for insurance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like the listeners that we're about to hear from today who've gone on bad date after my numbingly bad dates? But do they give up on finding love? No, they do not keep that and it's admirable. We really admire that they're willing to come on our show and share their hilarious, horrible day stories. In a brand new edition of Battle of the Tender Dates, it's coming.
Speaker 14: Up two hopeless one dating app then dares you guys swipe right? The question is whose love life is more tragic?
Speaker 3: It's Battle Love the Tender Dates. Little bo Pete may have lost her sheep, but this segment helped her lose her self respect. The Battle of the Tender Dates where two of our listeners go head to head to find out whose dating life is the most tragic. We'll explain the rules in just a second, but first let's meet today's contestants. In this corner, her bedroom playlist consists of eight straight hours of non stop elevator music, and yes, she needs all eight hours. Meet Generica Erica.
Speaker 1: Eight doesn't.
Speaker 3: And in the other corner, instead of drinking till she gets beer goggles, she prefers to cut right to the chase and rubs ointment directly in her eyes. Meet neospor and Laurie. Okay, everybody's sexy when your vision's blurrious, don't eyes. Here's how the game works. One contestant will start by telling one of their worst dating stories. Then the other will try and counter with the nightmare story of their own. We're going back and forth for three rounds, so we declare a winner. Starting things off with Generica Erica go, I will go.
Speaker 17: Over this gosle Okay. When suddenly all of the lights went out.
Speaker 1: Oh no, romantic, I don't know, like the powers out.
Speaker 17: No, his electricity wash at all because he didn't pay the bill.
Speaker 1: I bet he had a lot of candles. I mean, we've all been in that place where it happens every too often.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but wait here it is.
Speaker 17: He said if I could ship in, he would pay me back, oh.
Speaker 3: His electricity. And you did.
Speaker 17: No, I did not.
Speaker 3: You're the fail on that day, and we're over to you.
Speaker 18: So I was out with drinks with the guy and I thought we were having a great time and it was late. It was about what I am and he said he needed a minute. So I see him walk across the room of the bar, and I can kind of see him because it's a little crowded, and I see him pull out his phone and he starts crying.
Speaker 1: He's crying, did he get a terrible text or something?
Speaker 18: That's where I thought he like seemed to like get it for like a few minutes, gathered himself back up together, and they came over to me, and I was like, hey, what's up? Is everything all right? Because I thought somebody had died?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 18: Oh no, he just drunk, calls his ex every night at one am to think he misses her.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, oh that girl leads to block his number.
Speaker 6: He's a romance do you like a normal people do, and just stalk her Facebook.
Speaker 3: Point around to Erica.
Speaker 17: So a guy brought me to a restaurant and as we're walking in, he said he used to be a regular, but okay, he didn't know if they remembered him or not.
Speaker 1: All right, that's what sounds all kind of cool, right right.
Speaker 17: But then we get there and there's a picture of his face hanging on the door saying no entry.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh nomber is it like electricity guy? Then he went to bounce check man or what happened?
Speaker 17: It turns out he used to dine and dance there over five times.
Speaker 9: I'm very proud of it, and you didn't.
Speaker 3: Even get to try it with him. Yeah sucks, Lauren? Can you counter?
Speaker 18: My date came over to my house and we were making out of my couch and he said he needed to go to the bathroom, but instead of going to the bathroom, and he peed in my cat's litter box.
Speaker 14: What.
Speaker 7: I was so sucked?
Speaker 18: But I was like, what the hell? And he had his roommates and him do it all the time at their place to save money on water.
Speaker 1: He better scooped his own clumps.
Speaker 3: On to the third in the final round, These need to be your best stories, Erica.
Speaker 14: What he got?
Speaker 17: So I bonded with this guy from tiendre over True Crime podcast. We absolutely loved him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and alexis too.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's normal for girls to like them. Do you guys normally like that stuff?
Speaker 17: But then we start talking about what he does for a living. Turns out he works in a morgue and if I wanted a four WHOA?
Speaker 1: Does this dream come true? Or does it creep you out?
Speaker 17: I mean I say yes, you know, we started walking around and he points to the casket in the back and asked me, do I want to stay the night?
Speaker 1: WHOA you want to get anger?
Speaker 5: We buy yourself or with Maybe it was one of those caskets for two.
Speaker 4: No, it's like a double decker one.
Speaker 3: Lauren, this was the last chance.
Speaker 18: Went out with a guy who called himself a semi professional rapper.
Speaker 1: Oh, semi professional.
Speaker 18: Yeah, he said, whatever I'd order, he'd rap about it. Oh fine, okay, Yeah, So I said okay, and I ordered to Pine Appears and he's like he tried for like five minutes, so couldn't sure any word that rhymed with pint.
Speaker 9: It was really embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Tight.
Speaker 3: Tight, it's almost a bad word.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he gave up and.
Speaker 18: He was so ashamed for himself. He just went home and like you had to rethink his whole career.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, he could have just gone with beer instead. So many things.
Speaker 3: That's the plot to eight mile, right, Yeah, that's all right. The final bell means the match is over, Judges, we need to score at Alexis who wins today?
Speaker 12: I'm going Lauren for the kitty letterbox guy.
Speaker 3: Wow, we got one for neospor and Lauren Brooks Erica.
Speaker 1: With all those poor men, I'm going to sleep in a casket Erica.
Speaker 3: Okay, the decision comes down to Jose, I'm gonna go with sleeping in a casket Erica. Yeah, congratulations Generica, Erica, you have such a disastrous dating life. Even a room full of radio degenerates take pity on you.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 7: Oh my I never w.
Speaker 14: Yeah so much.
Speaker 1: But it's something.
Speaker 3: Put it on your Tinder bio. Now that's Battle of the Tinder dates. Phone taps coming up right.
Speaker 14: After that, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Today, we call a guy who recently signed up online to get a life coach. He told his girlfriend he thought he needed some more focus and guidance in order to reach his goals. So we got to make this call quick before he gets in touch with the real life coach. In the meantime, though, Brook's gonna fill in. Yeah, she may not be licensed or quote unquote saye who needs that, but she does have something the other mentors don't. A background track of uplifting inspirational music. Yeah, that's the secret. Hear it in your phone tap right now?
Speaker 16: Another Hello, Hi, Nicholas. Yeah, I'm your new life coach. My name is Carrie Oky.
Speaker 1: That's O.
Speaker 19: A k.
Speaker 9: E y ok okay.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: We don't have a lot of.
Speaker 16: Time together today, but the time we have is going to be constructive. So through our Life Coach website, I have read your profile and listen. I came up with three important steps that are going to change your life. I need you to write them down right now.
Speaker 9: Hey, I'm wasn't even sure I wanted to go through with it. I just filled that thing out.
Speaker 16: Sometimes the universe brings you to the right place. Other times it drops you off at a dumpster behind an Arby's.
Speaker 1: I'm not your dumpster. Let's get to step one. I need you to buy a website.
Speaker 9: What that's life advice? What are you talking about?
Speaker 16: Because step two is going to make sense. I need you to max out your credit card, preferably a platinum visa card. Wait, I'll give you my referral code later.
Speaker 9: What do you mean max out my credit card?
Speaker 16: And step three you just buy as much candy as you can and start selling it to the world.
Speaker 5: No, yes, you are going to sell candy to children all across the internet.
Speaker 9: I don't understand what's going on.
Speaker 1: I need to ask you, who can take tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Can dip it in a dream?
Speaker 20: Oh, dreams plural, separate the sorrow and collectible the cream.
Speaker 1: The candy man can, I can't hear you. The candy man can.
Speaker 9: Oh, Nicholing you off your phone right now.
Speaker 1: This is going to change your life, Nicholas. We are putting you on a new path.
Speaker 9: Up a path. I don't know what's really going on.
Speaker 8: Is this really your advice?
Speaker 9: You want me to buy and sell candy.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're hearing me, Nicholas, but you're not feeling me.
Speaker 9: No, I'm hearing you. You're telling me to buy a website sell candy to children online. I don't know how that is supposed to help me. I'm looking for life advice, not candy entrepreneurial advice.
Speaker 1: Okay, Nicholas, I want you to close your eyes.
Speaker 16: Why because I can sense your doubt and I am going to take those doubts away by dipping them in chocolate and caramel and.
Speaker 1: Selling it to a child. Sprinkle it with Oh, that's gonna context, or I take the child. That's money and your sorrows.
Speaker 6: Will be through.
Speaker 1: What do you feel that, Nicholas. Change is in the air. You're the candy band.
Speaker 9: This is the creepiest.
Speaker 1: Nicholas, that's all the time we have for today.
Speaker 9: What do you What are you talking about? We don't do anything.
Speaker 1: I want you to know that I don't accept cash payment.
Speaker 3: Good because I was going to listen.
Speaker 1: All I'm going to ask from you is that you sing to me.
Speaker 16: No, because months later, after you realize this advice has changed your life, you'll feel like, Wow, she really impacted me, and you'll just want to break out into song.
Speaker 9: Okay, stop?
Speaker 1: Did you ever know that I'm your heat? I can't hear you, Nicholas and everything you would like to be.
Speaker 9: Please stop playing music to me.
Speaker 5: You you can fly higher than an e gold.
Speaker 1: That's so high? Oh god, because I'm the wind beneath your weed.
Speaker 9: I'm pretty sure that's not how the song goes.
Speaker 16: That was from my heart, Nicholas, and also from your girlfriend Gina. What the one who set you up for this prank phone call?
Speaker 20: Oh my god, it's just a joke, okay, because a candy man can and so can Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: No, are you with me?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 9: Please don't sing anymore?
Speaker 5: Oh, Nicholas, we changed your life.
Speaker 9: You ruined my morning.
Speaker 16: Hey, listen, Gina just wanted to tell you that she's proud of you for following through on the life coach thing.
Speaker 1: And you know, after this, I don't even know if you're gonna need it.
Speaker 9: You fixed everything. I'm ready to sell candy to toddlers.
Speaker 8: On the web.
Speaker 1: I will expect five percent of the cut though.
Speaker 9: Great.
Speaker 14: The weak up every morning was funk taps weekday mornings on the Twenties, Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: It takes a lot to make me embarrassed. Yeah, because when you grow up with a mom who sends every person you date photos from your actual circumcision, you develop a pretty hard shell.
Speaker 1: Emotion that makes sense, that checks out.
Speaker 4: It's harder between the flap and the real one.
Speaker 10: But look there it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a very straight line.
Speaker 6: A right, honey.
Speaker 3: She showed you guys the pictures too. But today we heard something that got me actually read in the face because a very awkward and puzzling fact about one of our listeners gets exposed right here on the show, and it made every body in the room instantly uncomfortable. Oh, he swears that it's really common for men to have this, but all the women in the room agreed it was an instant dating deal breaking.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this was to happen ouse.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna hear it in your second date update right after this second date update. You know, we have rules on this show, and people tend to abuse those rules.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, I don't really like the rules, but looking.
Speaker 3: At several individuals in this room specifically.
Speaker 1: Come on, Jeff, be such a hall monitor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, screw the FCC whatever. Yeah, but you know, we did get an email for a second date update recently from a guy named Blake who says, you really should contact me because even though I technically went on two dates, it should only count as one because they were both super short.
Speaker 6: Oh two quick dates.
Speaker 3: He was one name.
Speaker 1: Sounds like two bad dates if they're that quick.
Speaker 3: Maybe, Blake, why were your dates so short?
Speaker 19: I mean, okay, so it's not my fault.
Speaker 8: I don't think. It's a few different things.
Speaker 3: I don't think, of course, I mean.
Speaker 14: It could be my fault.
Speaker 19: We just went to two different restaurants, and I researched them and went ones that were like the highest rated. Yeah, and they really did have like super super good service. But the problem is, and what I don't really want to complain about, you know, but also it just came out too quick. Oh, like we order in boom, food comes out.
Speaker 1: I mean, when you're at a fast food restaurant, that's going to happen.
Speaker 19: We went to a five star pizza place first, and then I just wanted to be casual, you know, but then I ordered out that I ordered the pizza in boom.
Speaker 3: It was there. Oh, let's rewind a little bit before we get into the food and the horribly fast service.
Speaker 8: Could what works?
Speaker 3: What's the name of the girl that you went out with?
Speaker 9: Her name is Kate?
Speaker 1: Okay, we always just guess assume you met her on an app or something.
Speaker 19: Yeah, we did. We met on a dating app?
Speaker 3: Okay, nice?
Speaker 1: And did she stand out for a particular reason?
Speaker 19: Her profile was kind of like quirky, Like it seemed like she was funny, you know what I mean, And she was really cute and it just seemed like we'd.
Speaker 8: Have a lot to talk about.
Speaker 14: Cool.
Speaker 3: So I mean, it's good that you went on two dates with her if they both went by that quickly, like, tell us what happened.
Speaker 19: So the first one was a piece of place, and then we went to another like kind of American like bar food, soul food type of thing. So I ordered mac and cheese, and again it came out and like literally and like that's the thing. I feel like such a I don't know, I don't like complaining about the food coming out so quick. But both these places, the food came out and mac and cheese. You don't want to let it get cold and hard, so you know, we were focused on the food.
Speaker 9: Again.
Speaker 21: It was like the one time you wanted the service to be slow, but even if it came out fast, like you would parlay that into Oh, I keep want to keep hanging out with you.
Speaker 1: Let's go get a drink.
Speaker 19: Yeah, no, I didn't plan before. And also I don't want to push it, you know, like I feel like first dates, you just kind of want to go to one spot to feel each other out, you know. Yeah, it's not like a whole like let's paint the town red things.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how is the feeling of each other out?
Speaker 3: How did she feel?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 19: I don't know yet. I don't know yet, but no, I mean I think it went really well. She's really funny, she's cute, like I said, and I mean the conversation went seemed to float to, which is another thing.
Speaker 9: It went so fast.
Speaker 19: Her conversation was just like effortless.
Speaker 4: You know, Oh that's so good.
Speaker 13: It's like the date can take an hour and you feel like you've talked so long.
Speaker 4: It's like, wow, we've covered.
Speaker 9: So night things.
Speaker 19: So it really felt like thirty seconds whenever it took forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I ask?
Speaker 2: Because now you have two dates to compare him to, right, like, and obviously she went out on a second date, so the first date full success?
Speaker 1: Right, was the end of the second date different? Did you get a different vibe than the end of the first date.
Speaker 19: I mean it was a little bit awkward because it felt rushed. I didn't know if it was like time should I go in for a kiss yet? So it was kind of more just like a just like a hug and goodbye. But it didn't seem crazy awkward, you know what I mean, Like I don't know if my radar is off, but it seemed like she was into it.
Speaker 4: This is you should have just kept ordering food. I got a sandwich, now, can I get this?
Speaker 6: That way, you're like meal prepping for your whole week, and you get more time.
Speaker 4: You're buying more.
Speaker 3: Time and then you look like a ball or signing a two thousand dollars ship.
Speaker 5: A competitive eater that's a good live like Joey.
Speaker 19: Chestnut over there, she might not want to get into a long term relationship with because my blood pressure is going to.
Speaker 8: Be so hot.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean it sounds like the biggest problem for you. What you're saying is that everything went too quickly. You wanted to slow things down for your.
Speaker 19: Dates, right it Well, like I said, it went too quickly. Sometimes you kind of want one of those awkward pauses every once in a while, or something funny and cute to happen so you remember it. But it all just went so smooth, like it went perfectly, Which is that's.
Speaker 3: Your problem, Isn't it that the service is too fast, the conversation is too good.
Speaker 1: I don't know you're.
Speaker 12: In that short of a time.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know that there's like somebody who's gonna not call someone back because it was too fast, too good.
Speaker 6: Like that's not This is going to sound weird, but.
Speaker 13: I kind of kind of see that because if there's not he said, there's nothing memorable that happened, there's nothing for.
Speaker 4: You to be like, oh, that was exciting, or that it.
Speaker 3: Was just too Yeah. I mean, if we're able to get Kate on the phone and convince her to do a third date, what's going to be your game plan for that to make sure you don't make the same mistakes.
Speaker 19: I was gonna think. I was thinking about a baseball game, but they have new rules in place to speed up the games or something.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, an hour and a half now, yeah, nice.
Speaker 19: They'll try and get me a gift card for the slowest restaurant in sound Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, it also sounds like you talk really fast.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what it is. Okay, I'm excited, you know.
Speaker 4: It down He's like, okay, so.
Speaker 10: Hi, how are you?
Speaker 4: What's your name? How is your day?
Speaker 10: What do you do for a living?
Speaker 19: But it's charming and fast, that's what it is.
Speaker 14: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, we're gonna try and slow things down here for just a second, and then when we come back, we'll pick things back up. Call Kate for you and try to convince her to go out on a third date, hopefully much longer than the first two. Let me do a second date, update, second date update, two dinner dates, both at record speed.
Speaker 1: I feel like we should play faster music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm afraid to do that just because of what'll happen to Blake's voice. He's a fast talker. But one was pizza, one was mac and cheese, and Blake basically told us that he blinked and the food was suddenly there in front of him, blinked again, the table was busting, the date was over. Ye, that's why he did two of them. But both times the service was just too quick. And I mean, here's what I think we need to do. We kind of need to game plan as a show before we make this call. I think that we shouldn't say that everything happened so quick when we call Kate, like, because she might have a different perspective on it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's usually not a negative thing, right, Like, if you feel like time passes quickly, it usually means that you had a great experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he didn't say that. They ever actually talked about that. That was just his perception that the weight staff moved too quickly. So I think we ask her open ended questions, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 8: Blake?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I want to see what she thought too. I don't I don't know if I'm just like looking at it from a one side, like a single faceted for lack of that point.
Speaker 1: Do you know we never asked you. Are you guys texting or communicating it all?
Speaker 8: Not?
Speaker 19: Really, not as much as i'd like to. I mean, I've reached out to her a couple of times and chow kind and just be polite.
Speaker 1: But okay, you're getting cold from her via messages.
Speaker 19: Yeah, so that's why I came to you, guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Well let's swoop in like the waiters at those restaurants real quick and just get things going. I'm gonna dial her number right now.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have such a hard time not mentioning that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you are the phone one time.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, thanks for having confidence in me. Here we go, number right now.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey is this Kate?
Speaker 14: Yes, it is Hey, Kate.
Speaker 3: What's up? We're brooking Jeffrey in the Morning, a whole morning show from the radios.
Speaker 7: Here, you're from the radio. I don't know who you are.
Speaker 1: We also do a podcast, so that's cool.
Speaker 3: Didn't help. We do a segment on our show to help people with their dating lives. It's called Second Date Update.
Speaker 7: And you're calling me.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't need the help someone you went out with needs.
Speaker 3: Help, right, You're great at dating. That's what we've heard from one of our Yeah, from one of our listeners, Blake, who met up with you not once but twice.
Speaker 9: Oh gosh, Oh.
Speaker 1: It's azy question. All we want to know is like, how'd you feel about Blake?
Speaker 7: I mean, he was nice, Probably not the person for me, but he seem nice. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, did you like not have fun on the dates?
Speaker 7: Or were okay.
Speaker 6: Nice?
Speaker 1: And okay?
Speaker 4: Wait what did you say a little?
Speaker 7: What strange?
Speaker 3: Strange?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we kept talking to Blake and he did not bring up anything strange.
Speaker 3: What did you think about the length of the date?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Mama Bear, Papa Bear or.
Speaker 1: Baby Bear told you he couldn't already ran out of.
Speaker 3: It, blanked out, So we got what'd you think, Mama Bear, Papa Bear, baby bear? About the length? Too short? Too long?
Speaker 7: Just right, you're at how long the date was in your experience? Okay?
Speaker 3: These are normal questions that radio hosts always ask.
Speaker 5: It so awkward sometimes I mean, I like you, I do, It's endearing.
Speaker 7: The length of the date was a normal length. I think that's a great answer.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you have to tell her why you asked that?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, because the reason that I'm asking is when we spoke to Blake, the impression that he got was that the service was really really good and delivered the food a little bit too quickly for his taste.
Speaker 2: Like he felt like maybe the date was rushed and he couldn't make the connection he wanted to with you.
Speaker 7: Like, the service was good. But both times that we ate, because we went to dinner, both times, he ate his meal super super fast.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did I could see that when we were talking to him. He has a lot of energy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, imagine going to dinner with the cookie monster. Okay, it's thirty seconds, there's crumbs everywhere, and then they're done, Like how was he even.
Speaker 5: Picking anything up with those giant hens?
Speaker 3: And then he tries to teach you about letters afterwards.
Speaker 1: Remember the Bacarony cheese.
Speaker 2: When we talked to him, he mentioned, like, when you get the Macarty cheese, you got to eat it right away because if you don't eat it right away, then it's going to be cold.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he said that he would gag if the temperature of the cheese was like room temperature.
Speaker 3: Gag.
Speaker 1: Not really though, Like he just meant he didn't like it when it was room temperature.
Speaker 7: No, No, he meant he physically couldn't handle it, like he was going to hurl.
Speaker 1: It was a texture thing.
Speaker 8: Yea.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about that explanation?
Speaker 7: I mean it got worse to be honest with you, Like what really, Well, it started this really odd conversation about textures that he can and can't handle. Yeah, it just got me thinking, like I'm looking at him thinking, Okay, let's say we're in a serious relationship. Well, what would that be?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: Well, I do think it's good that you are thinking about down the road, a future, possible long term relationship.
Speaker 7: I'm not anymore.
Speaker 12: Get through this.
Speaker 5: Is it just a little speed bumps?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a possible relationship.
Speaker 3: Ye, Poppy, right over that speed bump and connect you to Blake right now because he's on the other line listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 19: I don't think that that's that weird.
Speaker 8: People have textures, people have likes.
Speaker 5: And bake, Why do you start with a high coming?
Speaker 19: Hi, I'm sorry, we kind of hurt my feelings a little bit.
Speaker 8: I mean people are just let people beat people, you know.
Speaker 9: I mean, why is that we had a great time off?
Speaker 19: All the conversations were great. I theems like we were both kind of into the same stuff just because I eat weird.
Speaker 1: Did she hang up?
Speaker 3: Oh she's still there? Okay, No he was on the phone. Yeah. Sorry, that's how these work. But you'll go ahead and talk to Blake about his aversion to certain food textures.
Speaker 9: I think it's a normal thing.
Speaker 19: People have preferences.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a little like I said, I'm not trying to be mean. It's just a little high maintenance. But I have to kind of bring up because it's not just the food thing. It's like the other thing that you said that you can't do.
Speaker 19: I don't think only when you talk about that on the radio.
Speaker 1: What's that, Blake? You can't leave us in the dark on stuff.
Speaker 3: That sounds important.
Speaker 19: I just prefer not to have it out in the open.
Speaker 2: Is it more embarrassing than you not being able to eat like potatoes or something.
Speaker 19: I don't think it's embarrassing. I think it's normal. Okay, then it's a more private kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's a texture that you can't handle.
Speaker 19: It is the texture that I can't handle.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Okay, I don't get it.
Speaker 6: The picture of someone's lips like you'll never kiss her.
Speaker 3: If it's what I'm thinking that it is, maybe he's right and we shouldn't talk about this on the radio.
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 4: I don't get any there back.
Speaker 12: So he thinks it's normal.
Speaker 1: What do you think that it is now, Jeffrey, Like, are you thinking something dirty?
Speaker 19: It's a little dirty.
Speaker 3: I think there's a part all.
Speaker 4: Right, way that's just that's too bad for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ok I mean are we right? Are we in the ballpark?
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna say to me, I know he has a texture issue, but intimacy is important.
Speaker 9: And I don't know how at home.
Speaker 5: Why we was talking about people time you're calling you.
Speaker 1: To find a woman to date, delivering that type of information on the first day.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that was the second date.
Speaker 14: It was the seconding.
Speaker 1: Okay. You know it's it's like a partnership.
Speaker 12: You give and you we know.
Speaker 3: Okay, So maybe Kate's willing to go without that part of relationship. You Kate, If you are, then we would pay for the third date that you and Blake went on to a place that doesn't serve any cheese whatsoever.
Speaker 16: K Are you.
Speaker 2: Interested still, because I think everybody here is just uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are.
Speaker 7: I mean, you wouldn't want me to live a life like that, would you.
Speaker 10: You guys are.
Speaker 12: Something.
Speaker 2: What I tell my kids with food is that you have don't don't don't talk about your kids.
Speaker 3: Let's call the therapist before.
Speaker 4: Watch list.
Speaker 3: God, Blake, I am so sorry, boy, but this technically is all your fault and you do have some walk to do on yourself. My friend, I'll do my best.
Speaker 19: I'll try okay about this.
Speaker 3: Looking Jeffrey in the morning. This is the one time that I did want to do a part three and talk more about something the second date.
Speaker 1: I don't ever want to know how it goes for him me either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I will say after we recorded it. Blake did email the show with five words. Oh, he said, I would if I could.
Speaker 1: Your response, maybe you're just not interested in women.
Speaker 10: Well, I don't think.
Speaker 3: It's not his fault. Did you hear his words? He would if he could. This man is just as tortured inside as she is. The desire to do something, the inability physical.
Speaker 1: Writing down the excuse I would if I could.
Speaker 3: That's a sweet thing to say to someone. Yeah, we do all sorts of stories on this show about tech trends and new inventions. Scientists better be working on this, make a pill for it or something they need to upgrade Blake, It's.
Speaker 1: Really not a rampant problem. I'm just telling you.
Speaker 14: It is a big.
Speaker 3: Problem though for him. He's going to be single for a long long time after this if they don't do something about it. But remember, you can always hear all of our second date updates on our podcast at Brook and Jeffrey. Go check it out. Make sure you follow and subscribe.
Speaker 1: Yes please, yeah, youse never miss us texture when you listen, it's.
Speaker 14: Perfect Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. And I don't know if you follow us on Instagram at Brook and Jeffrey or individually, Alexis, where are you?
Speaker 7: What do you mean?
Speaker 6: My name?
Speaker 3: You're on Instagram?
Speaker 1: Know Instagram? You're like Alexis, Alexis understo.
Speaker 3: You're what I'm at, Hilary, Okay, Brook, that's your thing.
Speaker 1: I'm at Brook FoxBox too.
Speaker 3: I'm at It's Young Jeffrey. But for me, the most interesting thing that what we were on vacation was Brooks Instagram. Really, and the last thing that I want to do is criticize your children. I really, I don't want.
Speaker 6: To do that today overseas adventures.
Speaker 3: But when you travel the world with your family, you are a representative of our show and our country.
Speaker 1: I thought I was out there, we had so much fun.
Speaker 3: I don't know where you were, Slovenia or Estonia in those two places, but we were in Portugal. We all know you probably just you zoom tell whatever. We all know you probably just wrote off the vacation as a business extense for your shot. But the thing is, if you look at brooks Instagram from her trip, there's many videos of your kids doing silly faces and wild dance moves next to sacred spaces and historical landmarks, not taking it seriously, giggling in the World War two memorial, just having a good old time.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of sword fighting as well.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Would just say from now on, anytime you're leaving the country with Nora and Adler, read up on some of the local customs and the culture and try to show a little bit of respect.
Speaker 2: I'll try to be a better citizen into the world, try to insult all of Portugal.
Speaker 12: Which smiles.
Speaker 3: Good to take the rest of my comments off of the air, But would you like to apologize formally to the countries that you disgrace?
Speaker 1: I will after I go.
Speaker 2: Home and spank my children first, you know, it's obviously the punishment.
Speaker 1: I'll put them in the basement with my husband.
Speaker 5: Actually, would that make you feel better?
Speaker 7: There we go?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, there you go, lessons kids. It's half of an apology and some interesting things when Brooke goes home tonight. But a really exciting edition of Laser Stories that's coming out right after this. It's the radio segment that wants to get fit for the new year, but his invention of a sushi conveyor belt around a peloton just isn't helping.
Speaker 1: So good though it's a delicious it's.
Speaker 3: A laser story. It's the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser as other Sashimi Weeni's just done. First Lanser Stories out of Scotland. A guy in his thirties was recently driving on a Scottish highway when he had to sneeze, and he decided he would try to hold it in.
Speaker 6: Oh it's not a good idea to hold to sneeze it.
Speaker 3: But if you know, if you sneeze, you close your eyes for a second. And he's driving fast on the freeway with lots of cars around. Didn't want to skin.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, got it.
Speaker 4: You can try to stop it.
Speaker 2: I've driven in Scotland and I swear to God the roads are three feet across.
Speaker 5: It is the scariest, scariest experience.
Speaker 3: He closed his mouth and pinched his nose, but still sneezed, and he ended up tearing a hole in his throat.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you can't do that. That could happen.
Speaker 3: He showed up at a hospital in severe pain, and a scan showed a two millimeter tear in his windpipe. The technical term for it is spontaneous tracheal perforation.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm glad to close his eyes. I've heard your eyeballs can pop out of your head. You do it with your eyes open.
Speaker 3: We should try it for a video broken jactly, but this rarely happens that way. Doctors could only find a handful of pieces where you tear your throat from sneezing.
Speaker 1: So he's like, I'm the lucky one.
Speaker 3: Thankfully he is okay and didn't even need surgery for it. They just gave him some painkillers and put a large band aid over it, and the tear should heal itself within a few weeks.
Speaker 4: This is your worst nimer, Jeff.
Speaker 2: If you tore your throat, your whole careers over Oh please, all his recreation is over to.
Speaker 10: That's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually I kind of want to do it now. Experts do. The story teaches people they should never try to hold in a sneeze like that. If you plug your nose, the pressure in your upper airway can be twenty times what it normally.
Speaker 10: Makes a fly man.
Speaker 3: It feels so good to say. It can also cause ruptured ear drums, broken ribs, or even an aneurysm.
Speaker 1: Wow, oh my god. Okay, so lucky he's alive.
Speaker 3: Sneeze, just let it out. Yeah, this next lazer stories out of Beauty head Quarters.
Speaker 1: I haven't been here a while.
Speaker 3: So fest shoppers everywhere are warning others against buying the Soul Dejanio Delicia Drenched body Butter. Yeah, the body butter, though not doing good, not because of a bad skin reaction. Apparently it attracts wolf spiders.
Speaker 4: Oh god, the old spiders are hairy.
Speaker 3: And that's the rumor of it. And it all began with a review saying I wanted to love this lotion so bad, but when I put it on, instantly a large brown, hairy spiders showed.
Speaker 12: A telling you, this is what I have, So.
Speaker 3: It keeps going. I thought it was a coincidence. Then it kept happening. I stopped using the lotion and haven't seen one since, and the hoar didn't stop. There More reviewers weighed in, saying I like the smell in consistency. However, every time I've worn this, I've known as spiders.
Speaker 12: You guys do wild?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 1: Are spiders that well moisturized? Like rubbing it on all eight of their hands.
Speaker 3: Another said that she had to call multiple people because she can't even sleep in her own house anymore. There's really literally a family of wolf spiders living in every single room since she bought that lotion.
Speaker 1: Girl, throw it out.
Speaker 15: I know, you guys, it's so expensive you don't understand, like fifty dollars, so that you're pissed that the wolf spiders would try to see.
Speaker 3: That She's like wow, or just bust it out for Halloween when you need to decorate. So why is this happening. There's a theory that the lotion works just like the pheromones of the spider, and it's basically signaling sexual communication. They're not just spiders. There's spiders better down.
Speaker 5: So you're not attractive to other humans, but spiders want you.
Speaker 6: By spider just weave a web into an eggplane.
Speaker 3: As for Sophora's take, they say it's a rumor based on one review and the story is totally made up. But there was an investigation on the Sephora subreddit of people who claim they applied a sample of the lotion on a piece of tissue and according to them, it attracted eight spiders in a single day day.
Speaker 1: Spiders were so thirsty.
Speaker 3: This next laser story is out of the impossible world of possibilities.
Speaker 10: I'm confused.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 3: There's basically a Guinness World's Record for everything. Yeah, and I say that because the organization keeps a database of more than forty thousand feets, and a popular publication just put together a list of the oddest ones from this past year this year the ones that were set last year. Number five longest distance full body burn run without oxygen.
Speaker 11: I don't like that.
Speaker 3: That's basically running on fire and you don't have an oxygen tank or anything to breathe.
Speaker 12: How long? How long?
Speaker 3: So there's the guy doing it.
Speaker 1: I thought you were talking about running over coals or something.
Speaker 3: This guy is on fig set you on fire. The record is two hundred and seventy two point two five meters or just over eight hundred and ninety three feet.
Speaker 1: That's the only way some people would run on fire.
Speaker 6: It is the opposite to stop dropping roll.
Speaker 4: It's like, get up and run as fast.
Speaker 3: Number four longest tongue on a living dog on a dog.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm glad it's not a dead dog. That would be a sadder picture that you're about to pass around.
Speaker 3: The record is thirteen point nine centimeters, which is almost five and a half inches long.
Speaker 19: Long.
Speaker 3: You see the photo, it just flaps out.
Speaker 1: Of it's like almost it's like double his mouth leg. Yeah, it's kind of freaky.
Speaker 3: The third weirdest Guinness record achieved last year most magic tricks performed underwater in three minutes.
Speaker 12: But how do you practice for the video Waterproof.
Speaker 3: Not just all card tricks. The bunny out of the hat trick is really sad when the new record was thirty eight tricks performed in under three minutes by a thirteen year old girl who's also an avid scuba diver.
Speaker 4: That makes it better.
Speaker 12: It's not like a fifty year old man so sad.
Speaker 1: That it's the new record. There was a previous.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Second on the list is a fastest five meters on a scooter by a parrot. We go parrot except by a parent named Chico who lives in Bulgaria. It's a little scooter that's his side, like a little handle where his beat can clamp onto.
Speaker 1: That's so cute, So.
Speaker 3: He lives in Bulgaria. His record is fourteen point six seconds on the scooter, going almost sixteen feet. And finally, I know I failed the Caprice Sun record years ago over a technicality, but I plan to go down in history after I break this new one.
Speaker 1: Do we have a new one?
Speaker 3: Fastest time to assemble a mister potato head while blindfolded?
Speaker 1: Do you have the right place?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 3: They all have to go in the face, and the record is eleven point five seconds to complete show.
Speaker 5: Second, if you practice, I think you could.
Speaker 3: I don't need to practice. I have an advantage.
Speaker 19: What is that?
Speaker 3: I have been blindfolded many many times before, mostly by this gap who also set a new record last year most thrusts in a bagel factory. Why did he do it for?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: We go with the shoe the fruit.
Speaker 3: That sound means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time on.
Speaker 14: Friday, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 22: We've got a first time player to the show named Darrin who works for a local municipality.
Speaker 1: That's how he got this badass music plays.
Speaker 22: That's right, we're talking public works, heavy equipment, hunting down utilities. Darren says he's a one stop toolbox translation a man's man. Say hello and let the world hear what pure testosterone sounds like.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, how's you going?
Speaker 22: Oh?
Speaker 6: Savage on the ball?
Speaker 1: Actually, I like I could feel that, you know, like blew into my face?
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 3: All right, let's turn the music down so we can actually hear that. Darren, what's up, my man?
Speaker 8: Not much? How's it going today?
Speaker 14: Guys?
Speaker 1: Can you even wear a shirt? Do they just like bust off as soon as he put him on. You know, your big muscles and.
Speaker 9: Stuff, they're pretty tight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got the scretchy kind so that they don't bust off. He knows what he's doing. Yeah, Darren, we appreciate having you on. We're gonna send Brook out of the studio and while she leaves, you know, the game works. He got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you do have to beat Brook outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 8: I am?
Speaker 3: Good luck, my man. Your time starts now. Mel Gibson celebrates a birthday today. He was born in the US, but grew up in what country England, Australia or New Zealand. What part of the body is affected by tonightis?
Speaker 8: That's the joint?
Speaker 3: A prickle is a word used to describe a grouping of what animal Nick Carter was in, which boy band, Which state shares the longest border with Canada as lost Yale for the first fifteen years of its existence. What was the only Gatorade flavor available? Solid work there? Darren Brook's gonna come back into the studio and I'm just checking out my phone screener here because our producer talked to you before. It says the highlight of Darren's life is his two children and when he got married. What does your wife right next to you with your kids.
Speaker 8: In the car? Actually no, no, she's stayed in lie he's at the hospital.
Speaker 9: She's not endow.
Speaker 1: How old are the kids?
Speaker 8: Everly is five and Logan is one and a half.
Speaker 3: Oh, he didn't even hesitate to think of their ages. That's a good dash.
Speaker 1: And thank you he remembered their names correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Brooks, your turn, you're ready? Yeah, your time starts now. Mel Gibson celebrates a birthday today. He was born in the US, but grew up in what country England, Australia or New Zealand?
Speaker 1: England.
Speaker 3: What part of the body is affected by.
Speaker 1: Tonightis tonightas is your elbow.
Speaker 3: A prickle is a word used to describe a grouping of what animal.
Speaker 1: Oh, cute porcupines?
Speaker 3: Nick Carter was in which boy band Backstreet Boys. Which state shares the longest border with Canada, Washington for the first fifteen years of its existence. What was the only gatorade flavor available?
Speaker 5: Read the flavor red.
Speaker 1: Orange because of f s.
Speaker 3: Okay, well those aren't flavors, those are colors. But we'll go over the difference between that later. First world of the scoreboard with jose do you like f do you like fruit?
Speaker 6: That was me as a kid, Darren, you got to correct today.
Speaker 1: That's all right. I don't think I did very well.
Speaker 4: It was a good game. It was a barn burner. You broke out the same amount.
Speaker 1: Of questions and give me to at least also.
Speaker 3: Tied up at two, which means it's going to go to the house on this one, Darren. I'm sorry. Let's get these answers in real quick. Mel Gibson celebrates a birthday today. Born in the US, but grew up in Australia. Never do Yeah, I don't really detect an accent there, do you?
Speaker 14: Not?
Speaker 2: Really following the mel Gibson news as of late? Really high on my list of likable people.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 19: Miss.
Speaker 3: What part of the body is affected by tonight? That would be your ears. When you have likestant ringing or buzzing in your ears, that's tonights. A prickle is a word used to describe a group of porcupines.
Speaker 1: Is so cute?
Speaker 3: Nick Carter is part of the boy band Backstreet Boys. The state that shares the longest border with Canada is Alaska, oh thousand, five and thirty eight miles long.
Speaker 1: Once you say it, yeah, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Probably a little bit longer than Washington's border. And the first fifteen years of Gatorade's existence, the only flavor available was lemon lime, as Brook knows it, yellow green yellow, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 19: I do.
Speaker 1: People actually say I want lemon lime Gatorade.
Speaker 3: That's how Darren answered it. Lemon lime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just asked for the color.
Speaker 3: Is that how you order food to just Gatorade?
Speaker 1: Caterade?
Speaker 4: Can I get a starter green?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: With so side of white dressing.
Speaker 3: And some of the brown meat brown meat medium rare so good now, Darren Unfortunately wasn't enough to beat Brook today. But just for playing, you do win a twenty five dollars gift card valid at any twenty five dollars Disney gift card at any Disney resort, theme park, or online in the Disney Store.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much, guys, everally love this one.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being so manly and being on the show with us.
Speaker 9: Yeahs, all right, thank you guys.
Speaker 8: Have a good one.
Speaker 3: Thanks for playing. We'll be back to win Brooks Bucks same time tomorrow, brook and Jeffrey in the morning.