Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time y'all don't know y'all at all, So.
Speaker 3: Don't given the.
Speaker 1: Black the million busy listening to show.
Speaker 4: I want joy, yea joy?
Speaker 3: You want to do that you love?
Speaker 5: You gotta turn We.
Speaker 6: Got to turn the mouth.
Speaker 7: Turn you probably got to turn the mouth.
Speaker 1: And turn the mouth the water agap.
Speaker 5: Come.
Speaker 7: Come out your b I show will good.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody you are listening to the voice, come on dig me now.
Speaker 7: One and only.
Speaker 2: Steve Harvey got a radio show. Got a radio show because God in the blessing business. Got a radio show because God is in the forgiving business. Got a radio show because God, I'll let you turn your life around.
Speaker 7: Business.
Speaker 2: Got a radio show because God know better than you know. Yeah, Steve Harvey got a radio show. Didn't see it coming, but he did. I'm gonna share with you today a principle of success.
Speaker 7: You know, it's.
Speaker 2: Important that we get our lives together. I mean it really really is. You know, to hereafter is exactly what it says is to hereafter, And hopefully for the majority of us, that's quite a way He's off. So what about how you living today?
Speaker 7: How about now?
Speaker 2: You know often talk to talk in the morning about your relationship with God that can never change. That is at the forefront and the best thought process that I can give you. And I know who I'm talking to on the radio. I'm talking to a lot of people, man, who out there just not sure. And I'm talking to a lot of people out there man that's trying to pull it together. In other words, you know, I'm talking to a lot of people like myself. There is a principle of success that is out there that if more people understood one of the base this is just one of one of the basic principles of success, you would have more success in your life. And that principle is this, the more people you help become successful, the more successful you become.
Speaker 7: Well, the more.
Speaker 2: People you help become successful, the more successful you become. Because you are practicing helping your and as you do unto others, then it's done unto you. You build relationships. When you do that, people forget and success that has to be relationships. There is no one person in this world who is just successful all on their own. You are successful, and successful people form relationships, and you've got to really coddle these relationships. You've got to nurture these relationships. They don't just happen. You don't just get cool with people just cause you cool. No, you've got to do some cool things to these people and for these people, for these people to be cool with you when you need some cool. I don't know if I'm explaining that right, but that's the best way I can tell it to you. I'm just regular, you know, I just speak like that. This is an important principle to put into your life. The more people you help become successful, the more successful you become.
Speaker 7: You can look. You have to say to people, hey, look I've done that.
Speaker 2: This is what you got to do. You got to take some time out to share. You have to share information, experiences, thoughts. You got to take a minute, man to uplift somebody, give them some encouragement.
Speaker 7: Hey man, you can do it. Don't give up. You have no idea. You you you right now.
Speaker 2: You have no idea how significant you are to someone else, how your words of encouragement could be the difference maker. Today I'm talking about it's a person looking at you that you don't even really know you, or you don't really know them, and you see them struggling with something. Just say, hey, you know what, I've been watching you from afar. You gonna be all right, man, I see some menu. Keep doing the right thing, man, You're gonna be alright. I had a meeting with a young man for the first time, and this young man came into my office and never met him. He has an internet service, which anybody can teach me something about the internet, because I know little too close to nothing.
Speaker 7: He was twenty seven years.
Speaker 2: Old, and he was amazingly bright at this and I guess, you know, that's not that hard to impress me. But the fluid speech pattern that he had about this very very difficult subject. He was tossing around the terms I had heard, but he was actually putting him in sentences where it made since to me. It's very fluid, very sure of himself. When he was talking about this little thing, A young dude twenty seven years old. And when he got through, the woman that had introduced me to him, I was leaving my office and she was going to escort him out, and I turned around and I said, young man, I said, what size pants are you? And I guessed it because I've been dressing for long. I've been all them sizes. I said, you about a thirty ways? He said, yes, Sir. I said, what side shoe you waisted nine and a half? I said, what side shirt is? At a medium? He said, I really like extra large. I said, well that's too big for you. You just want to look lousy and baggy. And so I was talking to him. Man I said, Man, I'm gonna help you out. I said, man, because let me tell you something. You a sharp young dude. Man, you are raisor sharp. I said, You've really really impressed me today. I said, And you know what, young brother, I said, You're gonna make a lot of money one day. Man, I said, but I want you to get your image up.
Speaker 7: I want you to.
Speaker 2: I want you to look at how you dress because you're coming into professional people's office and you're talking about doing something for them, and it takes money to make it happen. I got to give you money to make this happen. What you cannot afford to do is look like you need every dime of this money. See you get when you go in there and you talking about money with another person, the person that's gonna give you this money. Can you can't look like you need every dime of this money, you know, so you gotta start presenting yourself. And that's all I just said to him. I just said, man, but you know what you shop, You're gonna make yourself some money. I'm gonna help you out a little bit.
Speaker 7: I walked out. I went on bout my business.
Speaker 2: Later on that afternoon, I had a meeting with the woman that bought him in and she said, mister Harvey, you have no idea what you just did. He said, his eyes just teared up when you walked out. He said, Wow, man, that man don't even know me, and he just encouraged me. He said, man, I always thought I might could make it, but he said, I ain't. Never had nobody like him tell me I could make it. And just hearing it from him, man.
Speaker 7: That's all right.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get my clothes together. But you know, I've been homeless. And then he started telling the woman that he had been homeless, and so you know, then she telling me that now I'm fit to cry, because you know, I've been in that hole before.
Speaker 7: And I just and I'm just sharing that story with y'all just to say, you don't know.
Speaker 2: Who you talking to But what does it hurt if you just extend your hand to a person and give them a moment of encouragement.
Speaker 7: See this young brother right here, he could come back one.
Speaker 2: Day and be a major benefit to me because he has a skill set that I don't have.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 2: I might be old, mister Steve Harvey, but hey, guess what, I don't know nothing about what this young cat know. And he'dne went off and educated himself. And just a word of encouragement from somebody like yourself can make all the difference in another person's life. So remember on your way to the top. The more people that you help become successful, the more successful you become. It's a requirement of God that you do that. That ain't Steve Harvey talking. If you read your Bible. Somebody got a Bible verse that back me up? Email it to me today if you know what it is. I don't know, but y'all do out there?
Speaker 1: All right, you're listening Morning show.
Speaker 7: Everybody look good here. I got it. What you're talking about. I got it. Gratitude, attitude, got it, Come time? I got it. What you mean you got it? Talking about that? Gratitude? I got it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey, oh, this is the Steve Harvey Morning Don't ask me, don't don't make no references to it. You triping all that? Yeah whatever? You know why I did that because this is the Steve Harvey Morning Show. If it was your show, you might not do that. You know, I understand, I really do, and do I have an explanation for it. Absolutely? Now, can I make an honest confession. I have no idea where that comes from.
Speaker 7: It just came to me. I did it. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: This it's the Steve Harvey Morning Show, period, make no mistake about it.
Speaker 7: Only one of these.
Speaker 2: Charlie Strawberry calling for real, my father South Junior and the legend that is nephew tom Well Junior.
Speaker 7: What's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Yeah, let me ask you this, man, because this is something that I've been thinking about. And man, it's not what blessings I have, but some of the blessings God don't give you. Have you experienced that in your life on some of the stuff that you some of the blessings you don't have?
Speaker 7: No next question, you know, I think about all the blessings God don't give me what. Well, I'm just saying sometuff ain't that it may not be good for you, But then it ain't a blessing, is it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: Oh wow? Now you know.
Speaker 2: If it's not to be blessed by something, it's to be a dawn or given grace about something. To be blessed by something is to be granted something you know, well, you know. But see, that's what's wrong. A lot of times, there are a lot of people who are so focused on blaming God for what they don't have when they don't even know the truth, understanding and depth of what it would mean to even have what they want. Example, I'll give you an example, and what better example than used in me. When I was in my twenties, I was praying to God for a certain amount of money. Now guess what, had he given me that money in my twenties, I would have blown every single dollar of that money.
Speaker 7: Broh, I would have ruined it. He knew that, so he didn't give it to me.
Speaker 2: I got a certain little anger level because I can't believe God ain't giving me what I'm asking for. But He knew that that you're asking for at this particular time, you're not ready to receive. I had to learn that over the years when he did give it to me, I took such good care of it because I had lost everything before. Kate can't be mad about the blessing God I ain't gave you, because if he'd gave it to you, wouldn't have been a blessing.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. Coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we're here from a nephew, I gotta.
Speaker 7: A radio I gotta started listening. Yeah, you need a radio show. A radio day. You're gonna get you on.
Speaker 1: Right after this. You're listening morning show. All right, guys, it is time to run that BRNK back with the nephew. Nephew, what do you have for us today?
Speaker 2: Darling?
Speaker 7: Want me running back?
Speaker 8: Yes, running back and running for running back, running outside, running back like James Brown running back, run for. I think I'm about ready to do my Yeah, it's time to put the frank in here. It is run that frank back. This is bad pot luck, bad boy, hoot loucky. You've had it before, you've tasted it.
Speaker 7: You know what it is.
Speaker 8: You've thrown that plate in the trash, you carried it out, waited until they went to the kitchen and slid it to the dog.
Speaker 7: You did it. You did the dog like that, you did cat dog. Let's if you would. This is bad pot luck.
Speaker 3: Hello, hello, I'm trying to frying heather.
Speaker 10: Excuse me what you say?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to reach a heap.
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 3: Okay? Okay, listen, I got your lumber from from lowers. Look that's my mama. I'm my reach. I'm lowest oldest son.
Speaker 10: Now wait wait, excuse me? Lowis who's lowiss?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, hi? What are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? You you you you were uh at Mama Dean's house on New Year's Day?
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, everybody was there.
Speaker 3: Okay when I got When I got there, you was gone. But what I'm what I'm calling about is you the one made the black eyed peas? Right I did? You enjoyed them? No, enjoy the mother thing. That's why I'm calling. Let me say this here, let me say this.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, no, come at work.
Speaker 10: You can't talk to me like this.
Speaker 3: Don't do that.
Speaker 7: Don't do that.
Speaker 10: Say whatever you got to say, but please don't curse that me.
Speaker 3: Don't no, no, he go to deal your mother things. Got my god checked up and I didn't have to go down to the doctor to get my stomach pumped. I ain't got no damn insurance for none this. You know this, this, this didn't have me messed up for the last week. Number for the loanss to tell you exactly you know how your damn thieves is okay?
Speaker 10: First of all, okay, I told you ask. I'm at work, I'm around all these white people. I can't talk to you the way I want to talk to you. But let me just tell you this. Don't call me with the dump. First of all, there was a whole bunch of food there. How do you know how can you single out my damn beans that made you sit with all that got food there? You're not gonna blame me.
Speaker 3: You get this out of here, Mama Mama Bean says you were the one that made the place.
Speaker 6: I don't give us.
Speaker 10: Mama Bean said it was all this food there, and you're gonna single out my beans. Nobody else complained, you know what the day's date is okay, And not one other person called me about them beans, and by the as a matter of fact, other people were complimenting me. So for you to call me with the dump all late and wrong, going to blame me probably because you need a doctor's appointment. You should have got Obamacare when it was available to you. And now you want to call me with no no no, no, no no no, so you could tell what.
Speaker 3: Somebody you're trying to blame somebody else's food, Joe beans, my stomach up, and that's what That's what it falls down to. And at the end of the day, you're prinitive.
Speaker 10: Miss You know the hell, I at what doctor bill? You said you don't having short, So how does the hell did you go to swallowing short?
Speaker 3: I had to play out my pocket to get my stomach pumped.
Speaker 10: Okay, well taken care of. If you paid out your pocket, that means the bills pay so.
Speaker 3: You can get you gonna reimburse me.
Speaker 10: No, I'm not going to reimburse you with okay. In fact, I got more beans for you since you got a problem with them. I got a whole bowl for you. Okay, how about because you fullished? So if it made you, that's good for you.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, look, I'm gonna tell you this here right now. The bill was four hundred and seventy two dollars. I need four four hundred and seventy two dollars for your bulley things.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, no, you're not getting no money from me. And I need to go because I got work to do.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you got to do.
Speaker 10: Spend it all this time on the phone talk about some beans with all that food. So the rice didn't do it, the meat didn't do it. They had some other gravy. Gravy always people up that didn't do it. You want to single out my beans got of here? Don't be calling me with this dumb you know what? Now tell me who gave me your number? Because I don't even know you. I do know your mom.
Speaker 3: Mama Bean gave me your number.
Speaker 10: I call Mama Deane passing out numbers. Well, I'm gonna call Mama Dean, and I'm gonna see if anybody else got sick, which I know they didn't because your ass is full of so I'm gonna call her see if anybody got sick. How about we do it that way. And also I'm gonna call your mother. Okay, I'm gonna call miss Lewis and see why her dad son is calling me on the phone. Because this is something both I'm getting stick and side of this phone call and nothing was wrong with my beans. If anything's something wrong with you, and so take an accident, clean your ass out and keep it too if you get off my phone.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, they say they say Tommy had some problem with the bees.
Speaker 10: To tom First of all, I don't even know no God, tom I barely know your mom.
Speaker 3: I just know her by face.
Speaker 10: I don't even know her know her. So Tommy, Hugh, I'm calling Mama Dean. She ain't got no Bodin's geting my mom up number to nobody.
Speaker 3: This is what what you want me to tell Tommy.
Speaker 10: I just told you I don't know anybody named Tommy. So you can tell him whatever you want to tell him. And if you want to gain other people who want to jump away your side, it's not gonna happen because nobody complained about the beam. Give me give me nother names, because Tommy wasn't there. I know just about everybody that was there was nobody named Tommy there.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, so you're gonna say, Nephew, tell me, nephew, Tommy wasn't. Now what nephew tell me? This is Nephew from The Steve Harvey Morning Show with Heather.
Speaker 7: You just.
Speaker 10: Are you crazy? Your cousin?
Speaker 3: You got me to pray, Paul.
Speaker 10: Call what people walking by me looking at me cause I'm walking again right not prob you? Tommy?
Speaker 3: Are you.
Speaker 11: A good.
Speaker 3: Oh man? You got me, You got me wanting to taste your black eyed ta okay.
Speaker 10: Oh good, nobody could come. I'm sitting here like I'm not want to get these people. Frack you weren't gonna get no money.
Speaker 3: Show? Tell me this. What is the baddest, the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 10: Oh but you know it, but you know it's Steve Harvey Morning Show?
Speaker 11: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Oh keep cooking.
Speaker 10: You are all right?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 3: New Year? All right, New Year, and next year I'll probably pop up at Mamma Deen house here.
Speaker 10: You are welcome.
Speaker 1: Acome white too much?
Speaker 7: You hate it? Hate it?
Speaker 1: Coming up next, ask the c l O with the Chief Love Officers. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, guys, time now to ask the c l O. This one is from Lucretia in Birmingham, Cresta Rights. I'm a twenty eight year old engaged woman and my fiance cheated on me several times before we got engaged. I got tired of him cheating on me, and I started cheating back, but it's with someone that's close to him. Before we get married, I think I need to come clean about who I messed with. I kind of want him to be hurt like he hurt me. If I tell him, he may call our wedding off. Should I get revenge and tell him or take the secret to my grave?
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think y'all need to get married. I really don't, because what's y'all's ambition? You want to hurt him? Yeah, so you can tell it, but then you don't want him to call off the marriage. So you want to be married for what?
Speaker 1: J just wants a wedding? You know?
Speaker 3: Do that?
Speaker 7: Ain't y'all? This is doomed?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, before you start, this is.
Speaker 2: Y'all operating on no trust. Y'all ain't trying to do better by each other. Y'all ain't trying to get right. Y'all ain't trying to safeguard each other's feelings. Right now you want to staying hire? Oh the what makes you think you need to open up about this? So my suggestion after listening to this is y'all don't need to be.
Speaker 7: Married at all. You really don't. Y'all need to go to something else? Yeah, whyn't y'all go to camp? They doing something else? The something Yeah? Yeah, y'all you got back at him, y'all, y'all ain't trying to do right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he cheated and cheated, then they got engaged. Then she cheated on him.
Speaker 7: Two rooms don't make a.
Speaker 1: Run, exactly, exactly, all right? Moving on, Colby and Michigan says, I'm a thirty seven year old professional man, and I'm in a social group that my parents belonged to for many years. After my dad passed, rumors started swirling about my mom having an affair with a wealthy member of the group. Then I heard his wife is involved too, like a three way love affair type of thing. My mother has a brand new Mercedes SUV and I never questioned it because she got a nice insurance settlement from my dad's death. Rumors are that this guy bought it. Do I confront my mom with these rumors?
Speaker 7: What you're gonna confront your mom about?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 7: Why are you in the same social group your mom? That's the first question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that part First of all, it's unimportant. It's very very unimportant. And first of all, wherever you heard is from, you have to whoever brings you this information. You have to try to figure out what they motivation. Why ain't nobody just inadvertently said this to you? Somebody bought this to you. You ain't heard this. They knew you was around, and they talked about it. So now, really, man, and I don't know what social group you in at your mom. I'm still trying to figure that one out. Man, I didn't do I didn't do nothing with my mom. What social group is men and women? Given you got Eastern Stars and Masons?
Speaker 7: But what social group is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but may not considered a social group. They they're on a whole other level than that. So I don't know what social group he talking about. I don't get that man, social group.
Speaker 1: So he shouldn't confront social club like New Orleans and social clubs.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, see, I've never heard maybe I'm thinking I'm not sure that that could be true. We never had that. They be some old lass jack and jail? Can they be old?
Speaker 2: What if you find out what what you're gonna confront for? Why lead that alone? Man, first of all, ah obusiness. And secondly, I ain't got nothing to.
Speaker 3: Do with you.
Speaker 1: Nothing, all right.
Speaker 7: You already lost your father. Man, don't get stupid.
Speaker 1: Enough, all right? Moving on, So Chutta and Tampa says, I'm a thirty nine year old single woman and I'm with a man that I love, but little things about him annoying me. He's a thin man and he wears big clothes to camouflage how small he is, but it makes him look worse. His hair is thinning at the top and he won't cut it so you can see right through his little afro. The most annoying thing is that he uses the bathroom immediately after we eat, and he's left me at the table for his longest thirty minutes before in a restaurant. He's forty eight. So do you think I can get him to change now?
Speaker 7: First of all, just start this bathroom.
Speaker 2: He regularly, he worked, and he and he emergency regular Yeah, you know I'm gonna make it to the house. No, i'm e I'm at a public run. You got to get a little bit better grip on yourself now, these big ass clothes and his little ass body. I don't know what to tell you couldn't buy him the right side clothes. Now he gonna have to get a hair cut. So it was because you said you can see right through his little afro. Now everything about this man little I think he didnet got on your nerves.
Speaker 3: Just what I like.
Speaker 1: She said, she's with the man that she loves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can love love now, but but based on this letter, just this fit the wear off because you you finding there's too much stuff you don't like.
Speaker 7: He go too damn much.
Speaker 2: He got these big ass clothes, or he lived, and he got little afro in this in and at the top you looking down on the top, us.
Speaker 7: beIN do this miser, he's fred to desert. God, I'll be right back all right.
Speaker 1: Moving on Turquoise and iHeartRadio. App listener says, I'm thirty four and my boyfriend is thirty two. He scrolls on Instagram all day long, and he posts a lot of pictures of himself. I post pictures too, but he never seems to notice mine. He likes other women's popes and will put the fire emoji under a picture if he really likes it. I have told him that it's disrespectful, but he doesn't understand. I know it's petty to break up over this. So what can I do to get through to him?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: How would he like it if you put the fire mojiic under men's pictures? Sometimes you got to let a person put the shoe on the of the foot, and you got to help. Sometimes you have to slip it on that phone. See how he liked that. If you don't want to break up over it, then just let him see how it feels and then maybe he'll stop.
Speaker 7: If not, after that, they I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, c l O. You're listening Morning show? All right, it is time for something funny. Now our ceo, our beloved one, has a daytime story about the morning crew. But Jay, you want to explain it?
Speaker 6: Pople, what are you gonna do is take candies, very well known candies describing each person on the show, and a bedtime story thing and the whole thing, yeah is about candy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So every description that he has written for me is about a candy. R real, Can we have some little timmy.
Speaker 1: Music because you sound like uncle Steve.
Speaker 2: Right, it's time for we got to well, well, well, welcome Steve Hovey is Daytime Story by boys and girls. And today's daytime story is all about Cam twenty Baby, don't like camps. Candy's wonderful. It decay your teeth with the sting. It's the reasons dentists are as rich as heads.
Speaker 6: Bad word.
Speaker 2: It's all right that way about that. That ain't the last time you gonna heal. Wait, do you do something wrong? Oh you're gonna get cussed. Smooth out, well gathered around, boys and guys. I'm gona tell you about the people who work on the Steve Harvey Morning Show. I'll be using names of actual candy and I will describe everyone on the show. Begin let us start with Shirley. She's a pepper med pat. Now, in order to get that kid, you got to have a big hey.
Speaker 3: Like you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's using that baby talk. You gotta have a big pay day, like one hundred grand.
Speaker 7: I ain't got the money, you just a milk. Then let's move on again.
Speaker 2: Dance calling my little Army Joy dog Chocolate arm in Joy. And she's married to old and they got together and compilated and had themself a little baby roof. The little baby roof is at the house. But some days if you cross her, he can go really bad for you. She becomes a real sour pas. But on her best days you can hear her in the background just being a jolly red.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Then that's Julie. We like to call him Junior Mitt. Most days he just fits over the andy snickers or bust out in old laugh attack. Now Junior is a part of the three Musketeers. That would be Tommy, Jay and Julie.
Speaker 5: Yes, everybody.
Speaker 7: Speaking of Tommy. Tommy can be a real dumb dump, yes it is.
Speaker 11: All.
Speaker 7: Sometimes would get an attitude. He's just a real sour talk.
Speaker 2: Then when he snap extra hosy becomes assaulted Armond, I'm gonna kill him. Then there's the newcomer to the show, j Anthony Brown. He's a diabetic.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, and that makes him what a sugar dang.
Speaker 2: Surely you ruined in the bay about to laugh.
Speaker 7: This is can Now. He don't care for the black cow all the Tussie rolls. Uh uh. That boy just like white shot.
Speaker 2: Boy and that leaves me used to be my favorite candy too. I'm just a big old box of good and plenty with a lot of zeros behind my chip. Some days I'm an alms and jolly some jays.
Speaker 7: I'm just a.
Speaker 2: Good but no matter what, I'm down to Mike e oh, which means I'm the big faut.
Speaker 7: This is Steve Hawker's daytime stories. The candy but dish.
Speaker 8: Hungry.
Speaker 7: How'd you like that interpretation?
Speaker 6: Man to the paper to the mouth. That's that's why this is what.
Speaker 1: Have you always been a diabetic?
Speaker 3: Jay? No?
Speaker 6: About forty years?
Speaker 1: Oh so you've had your shrif of candy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What was your favorite candy though? Before?
Speaker 7: I can't that's a tough one.
Speaker 2: I'm enjoying. Yeah, I'm enjoy pepper No, my number one candy all time.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I'm right there.
Speaker 1: Which I'm a Snickers girl myself. You're listening hardy morning show. All right, guys, it is time for yet another round of would you rather?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: We would you? Is that the theme? If you had to change jobs? Would you rather be an airline pilot or captain of a ship.
Speaker 2: That's so hard in the air or in the watch ahead?
Speaker 3: Up?
Speaker 7: And then? Oh but I don't want to be on the job. Yeah, and that water rough man, because when you get out of hand out there and all that go down with your ship. The captain go down with this ship. No, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't Okay, I'm gonna go cap in the ship because if I'm in there the air and then the passing the pilot coming out the cockpit, you start acting up up here.
Speaker 7: I'm coming out the cockpit. I'm fighting. I'm not let you take over. I'm out. Yeah, I'll be right back. Hold on, I'll be right back. What airlines is it is the spirit?
Speaker 1: I mean what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I gotta know who I'm flying with, just to say it is well, you know what, I'll probably go in and have to take the captain pilot job because at least I know we're gonna land. Yeah, flying he is safe. It's just scary. Yeah, yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: You'd rather be airline pilot than captain of a ship.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've been on them boats. You got to know a lot. You got to know a lot though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, So everybody, you're a junior airline pilot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm on the pilot. I'm on the Yeah. I wanted I'm gonna be on that on that plane.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Stephen Tommy pilot's junior ship captain. Okay, all right, moving on with his little sick Would you rather.
Speaker 7: Like like he went to be somewhere seasick and.
Speaker 1: We don't want him to play? Would you rather your.
Speaker 7: Last need to be somewhere flying where you can get to these hospitals doing me bad this week ago?
Speaker 2: I ain't letting him slide at all. Me and Tommy that set up here and got on the way. You're gonna take your little sick ass on the boat. You're in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 7: You can't.
Speaker 1: All right, we got time for one more. Would you rather be reincarnated as a singer Luther Vandross or Marvin gay Would you rather be reincarnated as Luther Van Dress or Marvin Gaye?
Speaker 7: To come back as Marvin?
Speaker 2: No doubt you've seen Janie, I'm coming back as Marvin had a soul trying down so too. No, I'm coming back as Marvin gate Boy.
Speaker 1: All right, that's what you're rather for today. You're listening morning show? All right, here we go, come on Jay with comedy.
Speaker 7: Roulette, kind of very simple.
Speaker 6: Take five subjects, put them on the wheel, spun the wheel round, stop.
Speaker 1: We will do the day all.
Speaker 3: Right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Thank you Jay. Number one, her fine in quotations didn't hold up. Number two, could you please stop talking about what happened in high school?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 1: Your church service is too long.
Speaker 7: Too long.
Speaker 1: Four, well, this shirt smells like fish in here.
Speaker 3: Number five.
Speaker 1: I know, I know you're not supposed to laugh at a funeral, but.
Speaker 7: Dot dot dot.
Speaker 3: Cat let go.
Speaker 1: Number five stopped doing. I know you're not supposed to laugh at a funeral, but like the title, I know you're not supposed to laugh at a funeral.
Speaker 6: But but man, when the deacon passed away and Poe baby mama shoulder, nobody know nothing.
Speaker 7: All the girls look just like him.
Speaker 1: Look at you.
Speaker 6: You know you're not supposed laugh at the funeral.
Speaker 7: But I know you're not supposed to.
Speaker 12: Laugh at the funeral, but it would have been nice they had matching family calls.
Speaker 7: I got a one day and all the family in there.
Speaker 8: I know you're not supposed to laughter, but her wig is on bathroom that.
Speaker 7: Come on if somebody flipped that.
Speaker 2: I know you aren't supposed to laugh at the funeral, but you know, good and well, y'all needed a wider cast.
Speaker 7: Just the mask this big ass down in there. They're shut the lids. Clothes hanging out, they shut the lid. You've been to hear him the body, they shut the lid the body with good Hell, well, you should have spent that money on a bigger cast.
Speaker 3: Come.
Speaker 6: I know you're not supposed to laugh at the funeral, but when the passer said we're head to Barry, hold on, what.
Speaker 7: Do you say? That's funny?
Speaker 2: I love it?
Speaker 3: Jay.
Speaker 5: I know we're not.
Speaker 12: Supposed to laugh, But why is all the power bearers paying say they don't wrop this boy? Scooby died, they not go bad?
Speaker 1: Come on tell me.
Speaker 8: I know we're not supposed to laugh at a funeral, but your wife and you got the same daddy you just found.
Speaker 1: All right, come on, Steve closing out? Oh my god, I.
Speaker 7: Know you ain't supposed to laugh at her funeral. Bo When your uncle is up in there and he's buried in a Michael.
Speaker 2: Jordan's job, his suit with a headband and a beeper old with two wrist bands.
Speaker 7: And some new johnts. You're a good airway. Should have put it down way into just a black suit. Ladies and gentlemen from the Chicago Bull.
Speaker 1: Uncle all right, nephew, tell me has a prank phone call right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show. Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my strawberry letter for today. The subject is his ex wife won't let me visit him. Okay, his ex wife won't let me visit him. We'll get into that in just a few but right now, the nephew's here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 8: What you got for us, nef, Well, we got a bit of a problem today, folks. Parasites parasites. Oh yeah, yeah, it happens sometime. We got a bit of a problem it is. Let's check in with cat dog, cat dog parasites.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach it. Brian. Brian, Hey, hey, Brian, this is doctor Jacob. How you doing today? Yeah, yeah, okay, listen, you actually came in, uh maybe like two and a half week, could go here to my office and got a physical for life insurance. Yeah yeah, yeah, right right, yeah, everything okay, well, yeah, everything that's gonna be pretty good. I'd like to see if I can get you to come in and I you know, everything's going to be fine, and I got a small procedure we'd like to do to actually, uh, you know right now, you're not approved for your life insurance to do until this procedure is done. So if you don't mind coming in, we'd like to get you taken care of. When can I schedule you to come in, like, uh, maybe tomorrow or the following day. What kind of procedure is? Well, actually, I don't know if you've heard of it. This is an okostromyn. I got something that's got something you wasn't there something doing my eyes?
Speaker 11: I ha heard?
Speaker 3: What's that? No? No, has nothing to do with the eyes, No, nothing at all. We found a little bit of parasites in a particular area, and what we want to do is make sure we just remove it completely and you'll be fine. You'll get your life insurance, You're and your family will be great. So can I get you to come in tomorrow? Maybe Thursday afternoon? As what? What? What area? I found the parasite? Then? Actually one of your testicles has some parasites. So what we're going to do is what it's called a okyostromy and okostrom is actually removing that testicle completely and then everything gonna be fine, it's all confined and we'll be able to remove it. You'll be on your way, you'll get your life insurance and everything will be fine. Okay, Like I said, can I get can I? Can I get you to come in tomorrow? My testicle? Well only one, only one, and it's not going to take long. With's a thirty minute procedure. But we want to get you to come in tomorrow or the next day. Can we get you to go? Whether are you available?
Speaker 11: I just want to play a routine.
Speaker 3: I got to remove a test sir. You know what, oftentimes when people come in with life insurance, these type of things happen. So we want to get you in and get it out as quickly as possible. No, man, I'm waiting for a routine physical. Man. I wasn't supposed to be checking all this extra stuff. Now I get a parent site, man, and my testical y'all don't remove a testicle. Man, I'm twenty five, man, my wife, no kids. They were trying to be that I gotta move a testicle. Let me say this to you, Brian, You're gonna be completely fine. You'll be able to create children, you'll be able a little normal. You know you'll just see you won't have all of them, but you'll have enough to create children. You understand that. Nah Man, I can't No, I ain't gonna. I can't come in for that now, Sir. Is there any way I can get you in tomorrow or tomorrow afternoon or the Thursday afternoon so we can kind of get this thing taken care of and we can get to moving on your way, and that people can get the life insurance papers together and so forth. Nah man, Man, we ain't rescheduling now. I need to take in a third opinion on that. Man. He's talking about taking away one of my We ain't rescheduling nothing, man. I'm gonna need to see another doctor. Man, it's some sir. Sir, you can go around the entire city and see several doctors. I'm here to tell you you're just gonna be wasting time. I'm going to try to knock this thing out for you. Knock it up. I ain't agreed to nothing. Listen, you ain't have to join us to get money, medicine, scheduling, nothing, man. I need to take a third of pity. This is bloom Brian. I'll tell you if you come in and let me get this thing taken care of.
Speaker 10: You know, I have you back.
Speaker 3: You know, big ball and shot calling before it's all over. You know what's big? Big ball? That shot call it? Man? I told you, man, I ain't going in for none of that. Man, I'm supposed to tell my wife. Man, this this ain't cool. Man, I ain't going in for that. Man. I'm rescheduling, manchul What do you mean you're rescheduling? Sir? What I'm getting I'm getting another opinion. I ain't going into that. Okay you, but I'm trying to make you a big baller shot caller. You know, man, what what is your name? Man? You're supposed to be a doctor. You're making a little jokes man, and you're doing a little play on words. Man. It ain't even funny. Man, I'm calling it insurance sinned tell him they give me doctor. Man, But you think he's funny. Hey, it ain't funny man. You know you're making a little chase. Man. It ain't funny man. I'm thinking opinion. Man, I'm forget in all of the work that we got, the blood work, the yearine work, the complete physical. That's when we didn't realize that you had parasites in a particular area. So what we're talking, I'm not. I don't mean I turned to make a light of make humor in it, just to make you feel a little bit more comfortable. I apologize, all right. That ain't funny, man. You want to want to losing? No, that ain't funny. Man. If I had a situation, the nurse would have told me that he ain't telling me nothing. Man, ain't me thinking, I'm all good. Now you're telling me I got to come in to remove a test on that. We have to run tests on you, sir. We got tests back when you do have the parasites, and what we want to do is make sure we get them completely cleared out. The only way I can clear that out is to remove that testicle. Man, it's some man. I ain't got no parasites. Man, May I have your running out of these tests on me? I'm going to another doctor, man, because this man, I ain't got no paracite. Man, all these kids got somebody that ry me. I gotta remove them.
Speaker 10: That's some you know, we hear me.
Speaker 3: So that's I know you doctor, and I ain't got a paracise. Man. I'm following my head shut. I'm telling my dealing with you. Man. I ain't got no parasites, man, Bryan. Let me make you understand something clearly here. It's my job as a physician that if the patient doesn't come to me, it's my job to come to you and extract the problem. You're leaning towards me having to come to your home and extract the problem.
Speaker 11: Man, when you want to come home house, may you not what you want just with the town to test is? May you you fucking want.
Speaker 3: With another doctor. I'm getting another chance. I ain't got a pass. Let it, sir. You've got the parasites, and you only have twenty four hours for me to get sir. I have to move on this quickly, Brian. Okay, I'm not gonna take it out again.
Speaker 11: I ain't got I ain't got it. Okay, I'm three minutes. Can't give it.
Speaker 3: I ain't give it.
Speaker 1: I ain't got it.
Speaker 3: Man. It's not something that's transmitted. It doesn't come from another another human being. It just develops in one out of every three or four million people. You actually have it, Brian, I got to extracted from you.
Speaker 11: You try to tell me I'm the wire man. You know I'm coming like that. Ain't got a passite man, Bryan.
Speaker 3: There's something else that you have and I haven't told you about. There's something else I need to tell you. I got it. Here's somebody I got passed. What else? But like that, Brian, you just got prayed. You just got pranked by nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey. Want to show Joe wife's Anne because got me the prank phone called you.
Speaker 7: Big ball is shot Colin.
Speaker 6: You know I doesn't want to deal with the problem at all. He don't want to deal with the problem. Just kicking him up and he just want to fight.
Speaker 7: Pick one, okay, but one of them got to go. Pick one, Pick the one you want to keep, all right?
Speaker 1: Pick another doctor? How about that.
Speaker 7: Doctor Tommy? Baby, doctor nephew, tell me that was crazy? Yes, stupid? That is best? Baby. New York, New York, Big city of dreams. Get ready, baby.
Speaker 8: February the third, the Nephew was coming to the n y C The City Winery. You heard what I said. Tickets are on sale right now. February third, Saturday night, New York City. If you can make it New York, you can make it anywhere. Tickets on sale right now. I'll let you know if I had some shows. Okay, I got to talk to my uncle, see if I can get off. You know, it takes a minute, gotta go through some you know, little red tape the whole tight.
Speaker 7: I'll let y'all know. Okay, hold tight.
Speaker 2: What you need time off? That had the show for Just add the show on the night. You already got it. She always trying to have your little career be convenient. You wanna do two ko ass to bed. We ain't got no more damn time off. I do it, man, I mind the hustle, and I got that hump show.
Speaker 7: Dass out there and do fourtnights.
Speaker 2: Sinbad would do five and six shows a night, though, oh my god, nobody did for since Sinbad did.
Speaker 1: Matt Na's man Wow legend.
Speaker 2: Man, I tried that one time I did a show for kids that I was supposed to a forty five minute set. That set lasted fifteen minutes. Parents was getting up walking.
Speaker 7: What did he just say? Hey, man, hey, I was on stage. I didn't have no show for no kids.
Speaker 1: I don't know why they were in here, all right, thank you of you coming up.
Speaker 7: I think were made and walk out. Was when I said, shot your little punk as.
Speaker 1: That his ex wife won't let me visit him. We'll get into it right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. Well, it's time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve Harvey FM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now. Who knows it could be yours?
Speaker 7: Buck it up, Hold on tight, we got it. Pull you here.
Speaker 1: It is the Strawberry Letters subject his ex wife won't let me visit him. Here Stephen Shirley, My boyfriend and I have been dating for about five months and he's the best man I've ever been with and he treats me really good. There's a situation that I'm dealing with and my man doesn't understand why it's bothering me. When we first met, he had just gotten a divorce. I mean it was literally finalized the day before I met him. Because it was a quick divorce, he was still living in the house he shared with his wife. He said they didn't put the house in the divorce settlement because it was his wife's house in her name. I thought within months of getting a divorce, he'd move out. We even went to look at apartments and rental houses together. Then he informed me that he decided to stay in the house with his ex wife because she agreed to let him rent his man cave area of the house. He said the room is on the second floor and it's got a bathroom attached to it and a wet bar section with a tiny fridge in it. He said he's got access to a bedroom upstairs too, because his wife doesn't go upstairs at all. I asked him about the common areas they have to share. Assured me that he had it all worked out. This has put a strain on our relationship because he has to stay at my house all of the time, since I'm not allowed to visit him or even step foot on this woman's property. I popped over there last week to see what would happen, and his ex wife met me at the door and said, if I don't like her rules, then I should let him move in with me. I left and called and cursed him out. He doesn't understand how crazy this is. I'm getting the vibe that he's a sorry but man. Yeah right, that's what she said. What is really going on here? Please help you?
Speaker 3: Know what?
Speaker 1: I don't like this situation at all for you, because this arrangement is just really stupid. I mean, what are you getting out of this? You're getting nothing but stress and misery and unhappiness. This so called best guy that you've ever had is living with his ex wife and paying her rent to live there. As much time as you say he spends at your place. Why don't you charge him rent? You should be charging him rent. Maybe that will help him to understand that it's time to get out of his wife's house and move on with you in his life. That means getting his own place. You said, you guys have looked at places, what happened. That means getting his own place where you're invited, where you can go over there and hang out and spend the night, things like that that couples do. It makes absolutely no sense for him to still be staying there unless unless he's, you know, having trouble letting go. He might be Remember you said, he treats you really well, so he should have moved out when his wife spoke to you so rudely when you popped up over there, his sorry behind did nothing. Okay, he's not right for you. I mean he can barely take care of himself at this point, so you need to do for yourself what he can't do for himself. And that's move on. It's only been five months. You'll be all right. You'll be all right, Steve.
Speaker 7: Wow, this letter got I don't believe it written all over it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do not understand why this woman is writing this letter because it don't make no sense. How much time I got to deal with this before we gonna break?
Speaker 7: All right, stay here with us.
Speaker 2: Now, you first met this man, best man you ever had be you never treat you really good. We first met he had just gotten divorced, literally finalized the day before I met him.
Speaker 7: Danger. Danger, we'll rob its. Danger just got out.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I know marriages are over long before the date is finalized, so they probably been going through this. But you did say it was a quick divorce. So he was still living in the house that he shared with his wife, and they didn't put the house in the divorce settlement because it was his wife's house in her name. Well, you can't put it in the divorce settlement because of what he did that brought about the quick divorce. You never mentioned that, and now you ain't getting this house. You got to get out. This is my damn house. So now that's why that didn't get put in the divorce settlement. I thought after months, I thought, within monks of getting a divorce, he'd move out. Y'all went to look at apartments and rental houses together.
Speaker 7: He wasn't serious. He was just you know, you know, appeasing you.
Speaker 2: Then he informed me that he decided to stay in the house with his ex wife because.
Speaker 7: She agreed to let him rent his man cave area of the house.
Speaker 2: He said, The room is on the second floor, and it's got a bathroom attached to it, a wet bar section.
Speaker 7: With a tiny fridge in it.
Speaker 2: Listen to me, You mean to tell me that a man gets divorced and his option is to stay in the house with the wife that you've divorced because you got a man cave in it with a access to a bathroom and a tiny fridge. Now later on they say, and the bedroom is he's accessible is on another floor. What girl, A man cave can't mean that much to you if you ain't the king no more. See, a man cave is only good is if you the king and you got a man cave.
Speaker 7: But if you ain't the king no more, you ain't got a man cave.
Speaker 10: You're a renter.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, you just air B and B. I don't even see how you do. He ain't got nothing. When we come back, I'm gonna break your heart. I'm gonna break y'all.
Speaker 1: All right, Steve, hang on, we'll have part two of your responses.
Speaker 7: In a man cave that a little boy got a tiny fridge, little.
Speaker 1: Bitty fridge coming up. Steve's response Part two at twenty three minutes after the hour Strawberry Letters. Subject for today his ex wife won't let me visit him. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening, Steve Hardy Morning Show. All right, Steve, come on, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject his ex wife won't let me visit him.
Speaker 7: This man got a divorce.
Speaker 2: You met him right after he got the divorce, y'all, the best man you ever met.
Speaker 7: You say. It was a quick divorce.
Speaker 2: So they didn't put the house into the divorce settlement because it was his wife's house and in her name.
Speaker 7: So you thought.
Speaker 2: Within monthster getting the divorce, he moved out. Y'all went apartment looking and everything that was just to appease you. Then informed you that he decided to stay in the house with his ex wife because she agreed. She agreed to let him rent his man cave area of the house. Now, he said, the room is on the second floor. It's got a bathroom attached to it. Which anything that's got a bathroom attached to it on the second floor is not a full bath. It's a half bath, sink, toilet. Oh, I want you to understand this. Now, they don't put showers and stuff on little areas. They don't have beds, not in regular houses. They don't. I'm just telling you. He said, the room's on the second floor, it's got bathroom attached to it, and a wet bar section. So that means there's a sink, a sink over there with a tiny refrigerator in it. He got access to a bedroom, but the bedroom is upstairs. What because his wife doesn't go upstairs at all? What in her house she don't go upstairs at all. So you ask him about the common areas that they have to share, and he assued me, ensured me that he has had it all worked out, so now he don't even have an area of his own. He got common areas with his ex wife. This has put a strain under our relationship because he's had to stay at my house all of the time since I'm not allowed to visit him or step foot on this woman's property.
Speaker 7: Now, guess what this crazy woman does.
Speaker 2: I popped up over that last week to see what would happen, and his ex wife met me at the door and said, if I don't like her rules, then you should then I should let him move in with me.
Speaker 7: First of all, you should have never done that.
Speaker 2: And what you think the woman was gonna say, oh, hey, nice to meet you, come on in in her house that's in her name, that he'dne already he done told him, she done, told him he ain't the king no more, This ain't a man cave.
Speaker 7: This a room.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you access to a bedroom that's upstairs, and you're gonna pay me money, And then told you if you don't like the rules and ought to let him move in me. I left, called and cussed him out. What you cuss him out for? He told your ass couldn't come over there, right, he said, don't come over here. This hell of crazy. This her house, She making all the rules. He doesn't understand how crazy this is. I'm getting the vibe that he's a sorry ass man, you think, because I'm gonna tell you what's really going on? She say, what's really going on?
Speaker 7: Please help me? All right? First of all, I'm gonna tell you what's really going on.
Speaker 2: Number one, he ain't got no money because any man that gets a divorce is not gonna live in a subservient position like this with all these rules. He can't have a company, right, You can't date, and you'd have brought your ass over there to just see what would happen, and you the damn near got cussed out.
Speaker 7: So now let's go over what this man has.
Speaker 2: One the fridge okay, he stuck on that too. Access to a bedroom which is not his, He just got access to it. He has a bath that's probably a half bath. They have to share common areas. And if she in now, she can tell him it ain't common. Right now, your ass back in your man cave. Just your space is the man cave. Next one, it's her house, it's in her name. Here's the next one. She makes all the rules. Here's the next one.
Speaker 7: She told you if he don't like it, he can move in with you.
Speaker 2: Listen to me, A man cave can't mean that much when you ain't king no more, and he done gave up all rights as king. See what makes you have a man cave is when you king of the castle and your wife gives you a space that she don't lie.
Speaker 7: The kids come in.
Speaker 2: Nothing that's yours. You can do it like you want to, cause you the husband, that's your aria. Baby, do it like you want to. Y'all want to watch a game video, whatever you want to do, if that's your room.
Speaker 1: He don't have that no more.
Speaker 2: You know why because now he written that. So you see he has nothing and he ain't got no money. Because why would I rent this space that I can't even have company in when I could take my money and get me an apartment. But he can't go get the apartment with you because he ain't got his money, right because.
Speaker 7: He lost it in the divorce. She ain't just take the house.
Speaker 2: She got the savings, cause whatever he did to get put out, he got.
Speaker 7: To pay for it.
Speaker 2: You get to feeling here, sorry, ass man, she do too. That's why he got that damn man cave, and he paying rent in it, and he got access to a common area and he can't have no company like he's sixteen, all right.
Speaker 1: Steve post your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter and Steve Harvey FM on Instagram.
Speaker 7: And a teenager check out the Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 1: Podcast on de Man. You're listening Hardy Morning Show, Come on JR. With Truth be Told.
Speaker 3: I got do it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, do I y'all listen, Charlie.
Speaker 7: I'm so happy right then, I really he tell me to.
Speaker 10: Truth be Told.
Speaker 12: I'm tall, but I need no help getting that off the counter. All of us on the showcase say that, come a up, have.
Speaker 1: To go get the step now on the side of the refrigerator to get up there. I don't have to do that.
Speaker 7: You let three, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm in there.
Speaker 12: Tell them the most tall stuff I do at the top of the closet.
Speaker 1: Like shoes. I get that, you get that. I get that.
Speaker 7: No problem. I ain't got no problem getting none of that.
Speaker 1: Everybody on screwing in light bulls, no problem. I'm tall. I can't do that.
Speaker 7: Now, everybody on this show.
Speaker 12: Percent of us can do that, not one hundred percent, but ninety five. I'm just saying, like, getting stuff out the freezer at the top, I can't do that.
Speaker 7: I go in there and get a pack of meat at the top of get out of the.
Speaker 3: Up.
Speaker 7: Tommy can put a light bubby, easy bag of it. Cling just have to be a night like like he got to go have the bottom.
Speaker 12: Then you got to get up here where I am talking me like, man, don't worry about that. I got tall shoulders for you to stand on. You need help and I love you.
Speaker 7: Made what you do?
Speaker 2: Short?
Speaker 7: Behind you all right?
Speaker 2: Shut no no no, no, no, no, no, no no, you made a mistake. He's behind a shot. That's the tallest thing. Can he get in the talk? Can he get in the tall club now?
Speaker 1: Tall leg.
Speaker 7: May little hunchback of not the dame booty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was a little short with us doing that second he was.
Speaker 7: He was no. Man, don't marrybody one day Tommy, one day, man, one day, one day.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 8: You know they sell these things you could put in the shoes and make you you know that, give you like another couple of inches?
Speaker 7: Action steal showing a couple more inches, you get two inches? You steal shot, I lose two inches. I'm still talking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you put those in a shoe, but your heel is sticking at the back of your shoe.
Speaker 7: It looks real man, your shoe about to come on walking.
Speaker 1: You're listening Morning show. Have you heard of the health trend dry January as a new year's resolution? All right, a lot of people are doing this for January. For trendy, health conscious people, the start of the new year sometimes mean the start of dry January.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: It's a month long public health campaign that encourages people to abstain from alcohol as a way to improve wellness. Is to be a way to be more healthy ultimately.
Speaker 2: So mon, hey, you want to go and stop reading this right now? Why let me ask you a question. Well, I'm just saying I have a question. Do you know amongst you that's finny do this? Do you know anybody that's finny do dry ass January.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it might be something new they might want to try.
Speaker 2: Anybody anybody other than me on this show willing to do dry ass January.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no drinking.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And on my birthday, I promise you I'm gonna have a cocktail and cigarette. So I ain't even gonna do it anybody else. We already know Queen of Titos ain't finna do it. Mississippi Monica she she she actually makes her own potatoes. She bought a potatoes and kicking her country ass family down in Mississippi and found a way to make their own vodka.
Speaker 7: So we already know. God and the lady from the letter up she's not finn do.
Speaker 2: She not finna do it? She making my tinas from Monica family in Mississippi. They don't care nothing about that. They find Monica family down in Mississippi. They bought in their own potato. They making a new vodka. They don't wanna make uh Tito's. They're gonna have a new drink called or Mississis. Uh it's called uh Sippo Titos. It's called sipp of Titos's short from Mississippi. It's called sipp of Titos. It's a new vodka that's coming out. So and then Shirley, we've been with you. Shirley was in Dubai and Shirley had a glass of wine with us in Dubai and they had to carry Shirley to her room drink, got her ass drunk.
Speaker 7: In the damn Muslim country.
Speaker 2: I said, we don't get her ass in the door somewhere going to so they just have her ass in a prison some damn well. But the whole time they can her to her room, Monica drinking, carrying her to her.
Speaker 7: Give me your drink. Surely you aren't doing nothing here and call and took her to her room and.
Speaker 1: With my friend.
Speaker 7: Drink. It was four thirty in the afternoon. Her whole night dumb. I can't drink.
Speaker 2: Damn glass, Thomas, one glass of wine. Yeah, they tried to lessen it by getting her to drink some white wine. Now, No, I'm gonna try this red calling. Monica went here.
Speaker 7: I didn't know it. We're gonna mix it. Hey, dog dog.
Speaker 2: I took him to lunch one day, got a golf cart, took them to lunch at this special place.
Speaker 7: Oh we out there. All the man were on the beach and stuff.
Speaker 2: We have cold sitting around here, were balling food, they bringing it out, just.
Speaker 7: Bringing it out. Awesome. Ah, this hell fl gonna order some red ones. Everybody told her, get my blood.
Speaker 2: What your doctor said was they can't get in your blood. That's what your doctor said. Your doctor said, it can't get in your blood. Not just blood for your blood.
Speaker 7: It's good for everybody else's blood. It can't even get in your blood. This hell for embassing me in July. Dry January?
Speaker 1: Is that these I think?
Speaker 10: I think that's.
Speaker 7: Surely dry January.
Speaker 1: All right, So there you go, dry January for your health. We'll be back with more of the Steve Every Morning Show coming up at twenty minutes after. Right after this, you're listening to Harvey Morning Show. A software engineer from India got a job with Meta, which used to be known as Facebook. And this guy moved all the way from India to Canada to start work, and then two days later he was laid off as the company let go of eleven thousand employees, or thirteen percent of its workforce. So getting fired two days after starting a job that you moved seven thousand miles for is pretty cold blooded. That's all the throat right there, it is.
Speaker 7: It really is to yeah, plane, get on back to the crib.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Steve I know you've had a lot of jobs. So what's the fastest amount of time you've got you've gotten fired from a job.
Speaker 7: Twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: You beat the record.
Speaker 7: That's just record breaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is you still training?
Speaker 3: How you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I got through in training. I was working at dinners. I was following this white girl man. I was telling her our light was on. The people food ready, that we don't have to get it right now. Yeah, but the man said, when the light come on, we number fourteen, we supposed to go get their food. We'll go get it when I say go get it. You're in training, all right, okay, cool. About ten minutes later, we finally go over there and bring the people food. Big fat white dude said, hey, this effing food is effing cold. I look right upside, I said, I said, I told you. She walked out, learned some customer relations. I say, hey, man, got a quick customing to me because I wanted to brain your food. She told me, I don't give it what you're talking about. So I took the plate and flipped it in his lap.
Speaker 7: Twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: That's how twenty minutes all right here coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play a round it would you rather? Right after this? You're listening hard morning show? All right, guys, it is time for yet another round of would you rather?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: We go too? Would because that's the thing, if you had to change jobs, would you rather be an airline pilot or captain of a ship that's a hard one in the air or in the watcher?
Speaker 7: I'm scared up in there.
Speaker 2: Oh, but I don't want to be on that job in that water, rough manuse.
Speaker 7: When you get out of hand out there and all that go down with your ship, the captain go down with this ship. No, I don't know. I don't okay, JR.
Speaker 9: I'ma go capting the ship because if I'm in the air and then the passing star the pilot coming out the cockpit, you start acting up on pill.
Speaker 7: I'm coming out the cockpit. I'm fighting. I'm not not suiting. Let you take over for I'm out. Yeah, I'll be right back. Hold on, I'll be right back. What airlines is it?
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 8: Is spirit?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 7: What's what I'm saying? Yeah, you know, I gotta know who I'm flying with it.
Speaker 2: Just to say that is well, you know what, I probably don't and have to take the captain pilot job because at least I know we're gonna land here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, flying, he is safe, it's just scary. Yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: You'd rather be an airline pilot than the captain of a ship.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've been on them boats. You got to know a lot. You got to know a lot though, Yeah, okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So everybody, you're a junior airline pilot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm on the pilot. I'm on the Yeah, I wanted I'm gonna be on that on that plank. Okay, all right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Stephen, Tommy pilot, junior ship captain. Okay, all right, moving on with his little sick Would you rather.
Speaker 7: Like like he wanted to be somewhere seasick and hand sick.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: We don't want him to play.
Speaker 2: Would you rather your last need to be somewhere flying where you can get to these hospitals.
Speaker 3: Doing me bad?
Speaker 2: This week?
Speaker 7: A man, I ain't letting him slide at all.
Speaker 2: Me and Tommy that set up here and got on the plane. You're gonna take your little sick ass on the boat. Now you're in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 7: You can't.
Speaker 1: All right, We got time for one more? Would you rather be reincarnated as a singer Luther Vandross or Marvin gay Would you rather be reincarnated as Van Dress or Marvin Gaye?
Speaker 7: Lulls to come back as Marvin, No.
Speaker 1: Doubt you've seen Janie.
Speaker 2: I'm coming back towards from Marvin.
Speaker 7: Had that soul train Dawn so too. No, I'm coming back as Off and Gate.
Speaker 1: All right, that's what you're rather for today. Coming up our last break of the day at forty nine minutes after be our We're got some inspiring closing remarks from the one and only, our fearless leader, Steve Harvey. Right after this, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, guys, here we are our last break of the day, and time now for some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, I don't. I don't really. I've been thinking about a lot of things, you know, and I was thinking of just on.
Speaker 2: A positive tip, you know, to just kind of just always encourage people to stay with it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Oftentimes you know, when you all you know, when you have dreams and aspirations, all of us from time to time they get sidelined. All of our dreams and aspiration takes a hit along the way to attaining them, and there's always a detour on the way, there's always some confusion, a set of barrels set up. It's just really hard to see a vision from start to finish scott free with no troubles.
Speaker 7: So if you're in that position today.
Speaker 2: And you're finding yourself waning in your dreams and visions, it seems like it's just not happening the way you want it. I want you to understand it's not going to happen just the way you want it. That is the way it works. And I know that's not great news, but it's the truth. Nobody gets where they want to be in life just the way they want it. So if you're thinking that you're gonna get there scott free, that you will just have a smooth sailing, that's not the way it works.
Speaker 7: Life isn't designed that way. So factor in.
Speaker 2: The fact that you are going to have troubles and difficulties along the way, and if you stop your visions or dreams because of that reason, right there, the rule is simple.
Speaker 7: Here's the rule.
Speaker 2: You can start again today. You can just start again today, and guess what. You don't need anybody's permission. All you have to do is rewrite your dreams down on your vision board, reclaim victory, ask God for your help and your strength, and get back to making your dreams and visions come true for your life.
Speaker 7: You all, listen to me.
Speaker 2: Stop waking up just going about the day seeing how it's going without any projects, without any visions, without any aspirations, without a plan to attain the things that you really want in life.
Speaker 7: Stop waking up like that with nothing to do. Make a plan at.
Speaker 2: Night, pray about it, ask God for help. You know now, look when you rake, when you make your plan, that's just the request. You're asking God to help you come true. Matter how you get there is going to be difficult. It's going to be difficult, but once you started, there is no one who says you can't. So y'all just get back in the pocket, get back up on the horse, get back to dreaming again, get back to wanting to hoping to believe in again. Don't let the setbacks and the troubles of life stop you, because I got news for you.
Speaker 7: You're gonna always have them. You're going to always have them.
Speaker 2: And like today, man, even though I'm still in Africa, I just went back through my phone because what I do is when I see motivat phrases or scriptures that really register with me, I take my phone out and I take the picture of it. And then I've created this album in my photo section called motivation, and I file all those pictures in my motivational thing. And when I find myself wavering, feeling a little uncertain, feeling a little shaky about decisions, I go back to my motivational folder in my photos and I just started reading the little quotes I got in there. I just start going down the line. I've got some stuff in there, man, that I've had in there for years. Man, but I can still read from time to time, you know, Like for example, I was today I read this one. It says, I can't cry about having a lot on my plate when my whole goal was to eat.
Speaker 1: I can't cry.
Speaker 2: About having a whole lot on my plate with my whole goal was to eat. And man, I find myself doing that, not talking about Lord, I'm over bird man, I'm tired. You know, I got all this, I got all that. Hey, Steve, did you hear yourself? You got all this and you got all that what you're tripping for, and I gathered myself, you know, and then you know, you know, I have a lot of stuff in there. Like one of them I read today was, oh my bad, I'm sorry for bothering you. I forgot. I only exist when you need me for something. That's God tell you, Oh my bad, I'm sorry for bothering you. I forgot. I only exist when you need me for something. I have all these little things, man, that always motivate me. Here's another one. Winners are not people who never fail, but people who never quit. Amen. Yeah, failure is a part. Failure is a part of the process. Here's another one. I have not failed. I've just found ten thousand ways that don't work. Thomas Edison.
Speaker 7: Wow, I have not failed. I just found ten thousand ways that don't work. Do you see?
Speaker 2: Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you travel from where you started.
Speaker 7: That's a proverb.
Speaker 2: And I just keep stuff like that, and you know, always, And the last one I read this morning was I want to inspire people. I want someone to look at me and say, because of you, I didn't give up. That's always been important to me. So y'all stay motivated, stay the course, find a way to self motivate yourself when you down, and get back to dreaming and believing again.
Speaker 7: Those are my clothesmen, y'all have a nice shame. We'll see them all.
Speaker 1: For all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, VOIDWAAR prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show