Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn the stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my name is Noah.
Speaker 1: They call me Ben. We're joined as always with our super producer Alexis codenamed Doc Holliday Jackson. Most importantly, you are here. That makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. Human calendars are largely made up technology. But happy New Year. Congratulations to everyone. We can't wait to hear from you and your fellow conspiracy realists. We've got a grand and strange question ahead. We have a first hand account following up on our earlier conversation just last year about the Red Sea. That's some deep water surprisingly on many levels, and before we get to any of that, we're going to hear from our palaws.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll just dive right into. I think this is one that's certainly was news to me and potentially mega helpful, and I think we'll be for some of you conspiracy realists out there in podcast land. Greetings, guys, I want to comment on your most recent Strange News episodes, specifically on the hacking where customers account information was stolen. I am an active duty Air Force member, and when I was stationed in Europe, I was sent to Germany to attend a work related event for a few days. At the end of the event, I checked out of my hotel, starting the hours long drive to where I was living at the time. Then, as Ben would say, you get into situations, about halfway into the drive, I realized I had left my passport in the hotel room safe. I immediately, first of all, good on you for putting it in the safe. I've never once actually used those safes, and when you travel with your passport, that's the most important document you could probably possess that you've got out there in the world. So sorry you left it, but I think it was a smart move. About halfway into the drive, I realized I'd left my passport in the hotel room safe. I immediately pulled over and called the hotel. They said they'd be able to retrieve it and mail it to me, but I had to give a credit card number to the clerk over the phone. I'm presuming this is for postage. I didn't know what to do, as it looked like there was a potential for that person to use my card information for other reasons since there was no paper trail leading to the person receiving my information. I went to Google and struck gold. I found an app slash service that I can't stop recommending called Privacy privacy dot Com. First of all, good on them for locking that you arel down. To be clear, I'm not employed by the company, nor do I have financial interests in it. It lets you create burner cards tied to your bank account, which can be single use, one and done, or tied to a single vendor. If tied to Amazon only Amazon charges can go through. You can set charge limits per month or per transaction. If you pay for the service, you can have unlimited open cards, but the free version lets you have something like four or five. What the single use is done, it doesn't count towards your limit. I know this doesn't help in cases where you have to provide an actual bank account, but can greatly reduce the places online with your credit card or debit card information that could be hacked anyway. Long story short, I got my passport back with no issues and found a great service. Feel free to read this on the air if you wish, and you can call me oz os oh Man. First of all, I think y'all might remember I recently discussed I think it was maybe even in the episode that oz is referencing, that I had some weird fraudulent activity on my account and I had to cancel my debit card. And it turns out that it was because of the linkage that I had of my debit card to my Apple wallet, and that some service that I had tied had my Apple wallet too in the past, I guess had exploited that linkage and charged me some weird feef that I had no idea you know what it was for. And thankfully my bank did you know, return it once I reported it. But it really got me thinking about how fast and loose I was playing, and a lot of people I'm sure, play with having that information out there, and when that linkage is just you know, out, you know, being used in multiple different services, that can be really sketchy and dangerous, you know, for your identity and the potential theft thereof. So this is a super super useful service and I looked it up on trust Pilot. It's got nothing but positive reviews. You know, I think it's got or out of three thousand reviews, ninety percent five star. Went to some threads about it on Reddit nothing but positive things to say about it. So I'm gonna check it out myself as well. But it just got me kind of thinking, too, guys, just about how I think, in some ways naive people can be about their information being out there. Matt, you'd mentioned another big hack recently. I believe it was a telecom company where you realize that you maybe were caught up in one of those leaks. You know, of data, and how that data can be stored for a lot longer than you realize, even if you're no longer a customer. This is a great way to kind of mitigate that.
Speaker 2: Ben, I think it was you who mentioned the Exfinity hack that was really big that occurred, and then I was talking about the Nation Star slash mister Mister Cooper hack that was actually tied to people's bank accounts, so it had to be like a direct bank account. It couldn't be a credit card in this instance. But I would just like to add this is something I've been very interested interested in for a while and a lot of larger credit card companies in American Express or a Capital one will allow this type of thing, but it's often like a single virtual card or something that you can then use for online purchases. And if it gets you know, exposed for one reason or another, it doesn't directly affect your physical credit card.
Speaker 3: That you have.
Speaker 2: But they don't offer this thing that OZ is talking about where you could like, you know, split them all up to where you only pay for Apple stuff with this one card that's not real, but it is attached to your account. That's this is very cool to me.
Speaker 1: It's also it's a pretty successful company OZ. So they started in twenty fourteen and twenty twenty one they rebranded to a thing called Lithic Liitchic. They're making money because this is a good idea. The primary question, the primary issue is the security of that information hub right in general, So as long as they don't run into any shenanigans, you're going to be fine. And as we said previously when we brought up the idea of hacks and debit versus credit card in general, your credit card is going to have a little bit more of a firewall and do your odds of escaping a hack or getting your money back at least are a little bit better with a credit card. I think it's cool. I am still like you, Noel, and probably like you Oz, I am still astounded that they got privacy dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty impressive. It reminds me of things, you know, if we're talking about other ways that you can prevent yourself and information that maybe we're a little too fast and loose with on the Internet. It's passwords and there are these password wallet things where you can store all your passwords and have a master password that could be really complex, you know, and generated, and then it's tied to all of your passwords that you actually remember to unlock it. And at first was made aware of these quite a few years ago, and I can't remember the name of the one that I was turned on too, But I'm sure the technology has gotten better. But as we talk about these kinds of stories, we know you got to protect yourself against this kind of stuff because it's just getting easier and easier for your information to be compromised if you're not careful, and if you're just using the same one or two passwords for every service, then I know We've all probably been guilty of that from time to time. And it's easy to get overwhelmed because so many things want you to make a new account, et cetera, et cetera. But I love the feeling of financial security that goes along with this particular service. And you know, even most things, there's only a very select few things that really require you to use a bank account. Some will offer you the option to use a bank account to link it to a bank account, but often you can use a credit card or a debit card or even Venmo or PayPal or something like that, and then you can pay those services with your actual debit card that could be ghosted by one of these. So it's a smart way to kind of protect yourself and protect your information. I was not aware of this service at all.
Speaker 1: You can use a gift card too, you know, like amex or Visa gift card.
Speaker 3: It's a similar same thing. What is that if not just like a store for well, it's a little different. I guess you put stuff on those. But this is like a what do you call it? An alias? Almost is what this is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's similar to the services that allow you to use a throwaway account. Email account when you have to sign up for something, right, Yes, there is always an opportunity for grift and graft. But this does seem to be to your point about true Pilot Better Business Bureau as well. It does seem to be a pretty popular thing. And I don't know, you know, you hear about all these hacks. You hear about the woeful op SEC problems of so many large companies, And I get it when I hear people say, I just want to use cash. But as we as we talked about years ago, physical currency is becoming less and less viable in many ways, right, Like.
Speaker 3: Some places won't even take it physical, you know, brick and mortar places that will not take cash anymore. So there's really no way to pay online using cash. He can't send it in the mail, you know, for your Amazon order.
Speaker 1: You can mail a check still, I'm sure it's somewhere buried in the options to Amazon. You really think so? They'll take your money?
Speaker 3: They like money, That's true anyway, As thank you. We keep this one a little quick, but I just thought it was a good pro tip for starting off the new year on a sound financial foot when it comes to online stuff. Was a quick break here a word ore sponsor, and come back with another message from you.
Speaker 2: We've returned to guys. I was attempting to cancel my Max subscription while we were having that conversation. I was challenging myself to see if I could cancel it before this next segment started, and I failed. That's okay, I'll do it right after. Here we go that whole conversation about the privacy dot com and that thing just made me take a quick glance at my credit card app with all my like recurring subscriptions again, and I just was like, oh God, new year, let's let's start fresh.
Speaker 3: Okay, you should watch Scavenger's Reign though, before you cancel it. Have you heard of this?
Speaker 1: Brought to you by Hello Fresh.
Speaker 3: It's so good. It's like an animated sci fi thing that I think both of you guys would love you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Joe Darski ask you know.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be canceling it if it was still HBO Forward, and it is not, and I do not like what it has become. So I canceled the All right, So let us let's listen to the to this message from someone who called in with just a very cool question and maybe just a thought experiment for us to mull over for a little bit, because it is It's not something I've considered before. This person called in one time, called themselves pickles just in spur the moment, you know what, call me pickles now, and then called back with the moniker fickle pickle, which I do enjoy very much. It goes into our previous discussions about artificial intelligence, artificial general intelligence, which is a whole other thing, and time travel. So let's get into it.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, call me the fickle pickle. If artificial intelligence invents time travel, what would it do? I had a sudden thought that only one of two things can exist, AGI or time travel. Think about it. If AGI will exist and time travel is possible, and AGI will inevitably invent time travel. If this happens, I would imagine we would see evidence of its use. Perhaps this proves only one can exist. But perhaps I'm wrong about this and it demonstrates that the oncoming AGI is either benevolent or does that see a practical use for time travel or even time itself?
Speaker 2: All right, bye the fickle pickle. Uh, just with a quick question in there, guys, This one has got me thinking. Okay, don Ton to artist. First of all, artificial general intelligence, this appears to be something that will exist in my mind. To me, that's an inevitability. What do you guys think?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Also, uh, I would pause. I've thought about this too. Oh geez, yeah, fickle Pickle man Noel code named duc AGI existing. Uh. There's there's a lot of great science fiction about the idea of something like this existing in the future, inventing time travel in linear time travel theory, and then ensuring that the conditions in the past are such that it can create itself.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But but why would it want to change anything if it knows that all of the particular things that occurred in the past occurred the way they did so that it could be born.
Speaker 1: Great question? Also, is this not an anthrocentric perspective?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Like, that's what you said there, fickle Pickle was the idea of thinking in human terms versus you asked this brilliant question, what does a non human mind think of linear time? Right? Especially understanding that AGI, which is again just the term of convenience apologies robot overlords, et cetera. AGI if it has quantum entanglement capabilities, may vary. It may not encounter time the way the meatheads do.
Speaker 2: Very true, very true to me. It goes to whether or not artificial general intelligence develops as a result of technology that's developed for a World War III conflict or something like that. And so if it's independent of let's say, whatever becomes World War three, and World War three occurs, and somehow these things are too completely independent sets of circumstances, then I could imagine the artificial general intelligence once it at some point in the timeline invents time travel, it could go back and prevent World War three and still maintain it's you know, it's creation, right, Okay, But if it's somehow in some way linked to something catastrophic, like a World War three massive depopulation moment that the Earth has, then it wouldn't want to go back, or it could not not want to, but it could not go back and prevent that catastrophe because it would also prevent itself from existence. I think maybe I'm wrong. I don't know that's the way I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 1: But I mean, you're asking a great question, though, It's like, what's the so it's uh so agi artificial intelli general intelligence still a hypothetical concept. Officially, right, there has been no proven AGI publicly acknowledged at this point. We do know that, based on the current human research, the algorithmic processes, the deep dreams, the mid journeys, and so on, they will tend to function with a specific scope of inquiry. So I don't know if this will happen, but Matt, I think it would be amazing if the first AGI is not trained in warfare, right, A lot of people are betting on that. I would love it. It would be classic human if the first AGI is like a specific, a cartoonishly specific algorithm, you know that just like rates the appearances of bananas and tomatoes in Western cinema, and one day it wakes up and it's like also time travel.
Speaker 2: I mean that's classic, that's dude. Yeah, totally, guys. I don't know really where else to go with this thought experiment besides just speculating on things like it. Okay, if the AGI could somehow time travel again, we're talking. It's all theoretical, it's all in the future. None of it exists yet, but it is. The time travel doesn't feel inevitable because it feels like somehow thermodynamics prevents going back on the timeline, But it does feel like it could at least travel to the future and see potential problems, potential you know, things that are going to arise. Then could make attempts in its present time to let's say, fix those problems, eradicate specific humans, or you know, prevent groups from gathering or I don't know. It does feel like that is a potential possibility.
Speaker 1: It's a good point pre crime, right, yeah, Well kill this baby. But you have to under stand in twenty one oh three that baby was the new Hitler.
Speaker 2: Well like in its concept of time, as you said, it's different. So in this current timeline, in this version of the multiverse, this is what is going to occur. So in order to jump timelines, essentially, we're going to prevent that person from being able to achieve those things. God, I don't know, But what.
Speaker 3: About the butterfly effect, Matt, Yeah, what about all the other catastrophic things that you're gonna throw off, throw out of balance by your irresponsible actions.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. Maybe it doesn't see any of that as irresponsible. We don't know how it will think, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't know what scope it was assigned to Right, it's like killing people in the present because there will not be enough tomatoes and Godfather five otherwise, or like whatever, like Jesus Scott forbid. Yeah, well, you know, Godfather forbid, right, indeed. But there's so much to ask about this because in this thought experiment we are also we are also directly interrogating the concept of the present as experienced by human beings. Right, is this therefore like, if all that is true and possible, is it therefore plausible that this present experience has already been kind of fussed with.
Speaker 2: Well, that would be the argument for things like the Mandela effect, right, Like, it's already happened a couple times, and it's either setting things up for its own creation or it is, you know, preventing things, and we've just jumped timelines a couple a couple times. It also, guys, this made me think tangentially about the fusion breakthrough that we had discussed. I don't know if we discussed it on air or we just like mentioned that it had occurred. But just at the end of last year, in twenty twenty three, there were some crazy breakthroughs like lab created experiments that made fusion energy an actual possibility, and we are looking at that. It's not going to happen in twenty twenty four, probably, but we are looking at a future where energy could be way more abundant and accessible and cheaper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh boy, you named three things that will terrify some members of the global status quo?
Speaker 2: Is it Angola that just left OPEK? That was another big piece of news, Like OPEK lost another member and it was only something like a million barrels per month or whatever it was, whatever however they measure it was a tiny percentage of all the oil that the oil producing countries create that are members of OPEK. But still it's another blow to one of these massive energy conglomerates, right or organizations that are based in petroleum. So it does make me feel like some big changes on the way. We just can't quite grasp it yet. There is another reason I feel like general AI is right around the corner.
Speaker 1: It's a statistical certitude at this point, right, like eventually there will be the ability for an algorithm to self improve. It reminds me of the open ai debacle with q star that's q asterisk no relation to QAnon, Sorry folks. The idea that something could teach itself, could practice self improvement. It's going to happen. The question is how do you raise that kid? Is the kid like the mind? Is it built to identify insurrectionist to your point, Matt, Is it built to identify unlawful gatherings? Is it built to learn film trivia? Is it built to like make sure your refrigerator is that the right temperature? I think the origin story of this stuff will play a big role in how how humanity overall encounters the impact or actions of a mind like this. Sorry, that's a little academic.
Speaker 3: Once again got me thinking of a rival putting that out there. That's a sci fi film, and I guess based on a book that really hitting a lot of the kinds of you know, thinky concepts that we talk about when it comes to time travel and encountering interdimensional beings and the nature of language and you know, uh, the timeline and all of that stuff. I think that's one that really gets it right, or at the very least is one of the least kind of gimmicky uses of that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: I just watched a movie on Netflix that I really really really hoped I was going to enjoy. It's a new movie from Zack Snyder.
Speaker 3: You know you were going to say.
Speaker 2: You know, you know him.
Speaker 3: He's just a mish mash of like every kind of tired science fiction trope that you've seen a million times with But like in a Zack Snyder movie, it is Rebel.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's part one, and it's beautiful and it's got great Zack Snyder moments where you go into you know, the three hundred shots, you know, where you've got a jumping character and it's just epic and you get to experience this moving picture and it's just I love those parts. And the cast is incredible.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, it's just man, it was like there were so many characters and no real plot that ever got fulfilled or followed, and you're just gathering characters and no, you don't care enough about any of them.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, that one guy is a humble farmer, and it's important that someone says that every ten minutes.
Speaker 2: It was just I wanted to like it so badly and it's not. I don't know, I don't know what.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of kind of insufferable exposition to that doesn't really add anything, if anything, just kind of like as a.
Speaker 1: Slog No, he's a humble farmer.
Speaker 3: Okay, well it's because you.
Speaker 2: Again in my mind, and I don't know. I'm not some filmmaker. Alexis probably knows so much more about it, all this stuff. I'm no writer either. I just know that there were so many characters that were supposed to be so important to you as the viewer. You didn't have enough time to establish anyone or the internal world of any single person, even the main character. You don't I didn't give a crap about anybody because I know nothing about them. I know that one character in the very beginning, who's supposed to be our lead, says things like I'm so hardened from the war and I can't love anymore because of the war, of course, and also the war, and he's like.
Speaker 3: Oh god, what kind of feels like if you want a movie like this, Rogue One is sort of has done it the best.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: That's a common people have been making. Also, shout out to our good friend Robert Evans behind the Bastards with the danger of using this is where I think you might be going met the idea of using quote unquote artificial intelligence to write a script right to tell a story that hits. Is that being alleged, not with this, not with Rebel in particular, but I'm saying it for me. It carries the same uncanny valley aspects. Right. It checks the boxes of what structural theory of writing tells us to do. Right, give a character, origin, a motivation, and a fear.
Speaker 2: Right, but you'll get.
Speaker 3: You'll get a very similar uncanny valley feel when things are written by committee or just written with the intent to tick boxes more than the intent to tell a story.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And this is this is where again we don't have any proof of this, but I think, I think maybe where we go with this is what if AGI exists in the future. What if it figured out the laws of thermodynamics and it threw it all out? Because what we need to understand every ten minutes is that this one character is a humble farmer, and that is part one of Rebel. I'm sorry, bet you got me because I just watched it as well, and I was checking in. It's like it takes you out of it a little bit, the same way that if you rewatch X files and you start noting how often people say Moulder's name, it gets really weird.
Speaker 2: Really well, I would say, putting uh, Sophia, I can't remember her last name the main character, putting that actor.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Putting her as the lead is one smartest things you could do. She's so badass on on screen. Just make her character, you know, three dimensional interesting? Good god, Okay, the.
Speaker 1: Fight scenes are great. The action scenes are great. They are, They're beautiful.
Speaker 2: Except for the Griffin. There's a scene a spoiler alert, sure's a Griffin. All of a sudden, a character with a griffin shows up that we didn't need at all for the story.
Speaker 1: As space Griffin. Well, it establishes the origin, the motivation, and the fear.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying is we didn't need him at all. We didn't need that character that was taming the Griffin. We didn't need the guy that was keeping the guy who tames Griffin's.
Speaker 1: No, you didn't well part two. Let's you know, we may have to eat some crow on this one, because when Part two comes.
Speaker 2: Out, Griffin really makes He makes the climax of the second movie work.
Speaker 3: Definitely made me climactions yeah you're talking.
Speaker 1: About yeah, yeah, and uh, you know, we boldly go into the future and Rebel Moon is kind of a film where they would put lines like that in the film.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, uh so much Rebel Moon. Tell us what do you think?
Speaker 1: Humble Farmer's glowing, Humble Farman. All right, we'll be right back, and we have returned one more piece of listener mail, responding to our earlier conversation regarding Operation Prosperity, Guardian and the Red Sea and full disclosure. Picked this one entirely because of the cool way it is written. So without further ado, here's a word from our fellow conspiracy realist, dropkick are call me dropkick. I'd be saying for ten years now for those folks, or to replace the whalers. The oil is rich and mighty and bends the air of many a lan lubber statesman. I got a little Russian on that. Sorry, those guys.
Speaker 5: The situation that I had Sea as a beggar mind can comprehend. There's the Scottish, because so much is going on in non pirate voice. What this boils down to is control over vital choke points of world shipping. Iran and its proxies have no ability to project power outside funding rebel or terrorist groups so in order to show power or have leverage in future negotiations such as on sanctions, they have to do their bit in holding the Red Sea hostage. Iran and the Houthies hold the lives of the Eastern Hemisphere in their hands. Grain shipment's fuel, fertilizer, food, and any goods going back and forth from China and Southeast Asia to Europe or North Africa.
Speaker 2: Sounds like they need a humble farmer. Do you get those green shipments?
Speaker 1: Rebel Moon? Have you guys seen Rebel Moon Part one? It's big in the space farming unity. They got a griffin as well, your face of that one. So Rebel Moon aside, our pal Dropkick says China is actually losing in this situation because they are the largest consumer of Middle Eastern oil and need their products that go to the Mediterranean to pass through the Suez. That's the Suez Canal for cheap, efficient commerce that benefits everyone. And here our pal Dropkick responds to our conversation earlier, Matt, I think you directly asked why is the US involved in this? So Dropkick says, the world needs shipping in order to keep people alive and fed. Messing with that is a dangerous game. I personally know people on ships in the region, and these are just your average guys who want to send money home to their families and drink beer in new and exciting locations.
Speaker 2: Wait, they've got humble farmers already.
Speaker 3: The coast is just lined with them, guys.
Speaker 1: Revel Moon does have a humble farmer in it, and it's important for us to remember that. So Dropkick says, the Houthis claim they're firing all the dirt. Uh, he's a humble farmer.
Speaker 3: Okay, you'll farm.
Speaker 1: Anything basically because it's space, and they.
Speaker 3: Won't brag about it either.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of non specific talk about crops and bushels for some anyway, So Dropkick says the Houthies these are real life bad guys. The Houthis claim they are firing only on Israeli affiliated ships, but honestly, that is just a cover for the global audience. What's really happening, says Dropkick, is a hail Mary of the Kim Jong variety. I imagine means Kim Jong un or Kim Jong ill. Both of them did this kind of stuff. What is that kind of stuff? Shoot missiles make people scared, be an annoyance, Go to the negotiation table and see what you can get. Repeat, rinse of repeat means anyway, it ends like this, may the winds.
Speaker 3: Be ever at your favor?
Speaker 1: Drop? I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's that's it's a pirate voice, a broche Bruges. Is that exclusively Irish and Scottish? Or or can it brogue be other types of very intense accents?
Speaker 1: It's a it's American English?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, like Drew right, I think it's I think traditionally it is a specific Irish style.
Speaker 3: It's also a strong outdoor shoe. It's an ornamental, perforated pattern. I'm the word wrong now, I'm very clearly spelling the word wrong.
Speaker 1: No, you got it. Broogues really yeah, yeah, brogue is the type of shoe as well.
Speaker 2: Is that like that movie in Oh No, No, it's it says, it says in Bruges is different than but a brogue is an.
Speaker 3: Informal term for a distinctive regional accent. So a pirate, that's absolutely a brogue. It is especially associated with Irish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think traditionally did that, but any regional learned something today fell we learned lots today we our listeners, we've got a yes, thank you, fellow conspiracy realist. We also have to we have to note that the idea here is important to remember when we look at things like Operation Prosperity Guardian. Is the concept then that you just raise enough of a ruckus to get some leverage at the negotiating table. Ran, by the way, has ideologies aside. Just look at the resources. Iran is now working toward a nuclear weapon again, or a nuclear capability. And again, if you check out our earlier episodes on how nuclear power works, how use technology works, you will absolutely see the pickle here, the fickle pickle. We say we're doing call Project twenty twenty five, all the callbacks. I don't know. Do you think then, do you guys, I'd love your opinion as we close this out. Do you all think that this could be a negotiation game? Like is the idea to become enough of an annoyance that you may get some sort of concessions once you get to the table.
Speaker 3: Always be negotiating. It's the pirate way.
Speaker 2: Maybe, I I don't know. I'm I'm just trying to recall a lot of the news stories that have been coming out recently about specifically the US, and maybe I'm just thinking that because that's the news we're exposed to. But the US upping its security forces within the Red Sea because you know, they've the whole region has had to stop or at least slow down a lot of the shipments moving through there. So the response, at least from I guess the foes of people attempting to run this game is going to be more big ships with bigger guns, with more troops that can possibly jump to your ship, you know, and actually do the pirate thing right and take you out of the water. Which feels like a very dangerous game. But if it is just to be an annoyance enough that you can have some kind of leverage at the bargaining table, then maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I will point out one thing that doesn't quite apples to apples for us in the negotiation comparison. The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a nuclear power, and it is very well known, very well established through historical precedent, that the best way to have some degree of autonomy as a nation state is to possess a world killer like a nuclear weapon. The the Houthi organization, terrorist organization does not have that. People's lives in Yemen suck, and people who live in Yemen again are for the most part, just like those guys on the ships that are getting attacked by drones. They just want to hang out and have a decent life. The nation of Iran, which clearly clearly funds you know, Hezblajamas and huthis a Palestinian national, just got shot, by the way for saying or executed for saying that out loud in the least. Yeah, but Iran wants to be a nuclear power because it makes sense from their perspective. They have been shown time and time again that that is the only safety they will have as as their current state as a theocracy. I don't know, man, I don't see that kind of negotiation tactic working. Well. What you could say, the who he could do is just go to the Red Sea say look, I'm a humble farmer.
Speaker 2: You could start that way, but then you got to find an old drunken general that's past his prime, that's been disgraced, make sure you sober that guy up, and then yell at him for literally two minutes and convince him to join your cause. And then you get some kind of prints that contain Griffin's you know, just for fun. What else do you need? Oh, you need a swordsman, a swordswoman who is on a path of vengeance something about her kids, and then get her to kill an awesome spider creature and then she can join up too. And I think there's another one the brother of a brother sister duo who for some reason I don't know, they're in some kind of rebel alliance.
Speaker 1: There we go, so I never I'm gonna you guys know, I love learning stuff. And and one of the dumbest people I know, what was the First Order doing in the New Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Being kind of Nazis, sort of pushing for fascism and ruling the universe with an iron fists. Perhaps some level of enslavement, but I don't know. It's a little vague.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't get there, like.
Speaker 3: Bad attitudes.
Speaker 2: Okay, we need to talk to Adam Driver. He knows all that stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know that he does. I think he just collected the check.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I don't think so well.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the sip Flords also Adam Driver, great comedic timing.
Speaker 3: That guy is amazing and you've seen him on the They had to take him off the circuit for the Ferrari stuff because some guy asks him, so the car crashes in the movie. They were a little bit little cheesy. What do you say to that? He goes, go yourself? Next question, shut out?
Speaker 1: Also a marine. You guys know that, right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, I'm gonna determinism too. That guy was meant to play Ferrari.
Speaker 2: He's awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh he's the jam dude. But do you think he was a first thing to play a SIF character. I don't think so. I think that was a money sitch.
Speaker 1: It's a sorry character. Though it's so cool. Who would not want to sling around a lightsaber?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 1: On film?
Speaker 3: It was cool. It was certainly better than some of them. Anyway, it was fine. I just don't care, y'all. I don't care about Star Wars stuff. And that's why I'm not really even compelled to join the club and making fun of this rebel moon with you guys, even though it sounds like a lot of fun. I probably will, We're not.
Speaker 1: He's a humble farmer.
Speaker 3: I know he is.
Speaker 5: The man.
Speaker 2: They're only gonna have twelve thousand bear what if they call it bushels and these bad guys are like, we need ten and they're like, but that's only going to leave us with two thousand barrels. We're gonna starve. It's a it's really important.
Speaker 1: Anthony Hopkins does the voiceover, doesn't he tell?
Speaker 3: Does he really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You're back in now, aren't you?
Speaker 3: Am? You had me at the Hopster. You've seen that guy's Instagram. It's a delight. Also shout out the punchy character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, shout out to shout out to Anthony Hopkins, because you know we're we're going into twenty twenty four together, folks, and thank you for tuning in. And we were projecting positive energy. The secret is sort of pseudo side. It's a woo wooie. But if it's not hurting anybody, then one should have cool things to say, supportive things to say, just like, okay, last time, last time, I will never make that joke again. One thing to brag on Anthony Hopkins, though that guy only does acting so he can pursue his true love, which is classic piano fabulous fabulous.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the wo wo or the kind of intersection perhaps between wu WU stuff and stuff that actually works and the science and all of that. Did you guys here I forget some very reputable Uh. I believe in Ivy League University and I'm trying to find it is teaching multiple classes in reiki, and there have been studies now showing that there is something to the results that go along with being treated by reiki, which is you know, and energy work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have not heard that.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you're in Atlanta and you know about reiki, give us a shout. We want to learn more.
Speaker 3: We'll hang out with you for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well let's all let's all go grab some snacks, right. Uh and uh, this is not None of these offers are insincere. We want to learn more. We want to learn more with you. We are so thankful that you are here a fellow conspiracy realist. Take a take a note from Dropkick Oz the Fickle Pickle. Join us, come on the air with us, hang out. We are so easy to find online.
Speaker 3: That's right. You can find us to the handle conspiracy stuff on Twitter, nay x XNA, Twitter, XFKA, Twitter, YouTube as well. We got lots of fun video content and we appreciate the support on all of that stuff, and also on Facebook. We're also conspiracy stuff on Instagram and TikTok. We're conspiracy stuff show. But wait, there's more.
Speaker 2: Yes, call our number one eight three three s t d w y t K. Tell us what you thought about Charlie Hunum in Rebel Moon Part one, The Humble.
Speaker 3: No, No, sorry, I really got I feel I've got real fomo. Guys, I think I'm gonna go up after this recording. Make some beef stew and settle into Rebel.
Speaker 2: Really should check out genlem alone as this weird spider thing. It's so spider good again.
Speaker 1: If you don't speak English, this film is amazing.
Speaker 2: We are not sponsored by Rebel Moon, Netflix or any of the affiliated Yeah, all right, call one eight three three STDWYTK. When you call in, give yourself three minutes to talk, because that's all you got, Give yourself a cool nickname, and let us know if we've got your permission to use your voice and message on the air. If you want to do more than that, send us Attachment's a huge story that you've written out. Why not instead send us an email. We are the folks.
Speaker 1: Who read every email we get and special special news for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: Folks.
Speaker 1: We have two separate emails now. If you want to email us a complaint, please reach our Complaint department, available twenty four hours day, seven days a week. It's Jonathan Strickland at iHeartRadio dot com. Or any other email please reach us at Conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff they Don't want you to Know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.