Speaker 1: Hey, love that you made it to the podcast. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: As one thing that totally makes my day is when people share our podcast and then tag us at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Yes, because then we can thank you in person. We know who you are.
Speaker 3: You know me to stock your Insta Loki.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's too same, all right, follow the podcast, share away, and enjoy the show.
Speaker 4: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and it's our most unpopular thing that we do all year, but.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: What we're about to do here, at least for the people in this room, because at the start of every year we like to ask our listeners to text into seventy eighty five to nine two and tell us what can we do better as a show. It's basically like holding up a giant mirror and saying what's wrong with us?
Speaker 3: I mean, people are very eager to answer.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: Already text messages was coming in and Jeffrey hasn't even explained it at all.
Speaker 4: We do appreciate that enthusiasm. And in the past, I mean, what feedback have we gotten. We've had comments about Jose's laugh Yeah, questions like did Alexis really go to college? Or even high school. And then, of course we get to Brook. A lot of people right in saying Brook needs to stop whining and complaining and get off of her high horse. Oh man, that's not fair because I've already texted that in myself this morning, so no need to pile on extra. Okay, let's find some of Brook's other shortcomings.
Speaker 2: I'm a really positive, optimistic person, actually, Jeffrey, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's one of the problems text it in. We're too optimistic. We will take any and all feedback though, for the new year. Whether it's a segment that you don't like that we do.
Speaker 2: A segment we should do that you've heard somewhere else that we can steal.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll get anything because we want to be a better show, right Brook, Yes, didn't really buy that. Broke text less hesitation from Brook this year. Now, let's get into the shot comic question of the day with the man who has to respond to or delete all of the feedback that we get. He answered, we appreciate a digital jake.
Speaker 6: Today we're trying out a new feature on the shot Callar called dim Personations with Alexis dim Dismy. It could last one day. It could last two years. We don't know how it'll go, but we're trying it out. Dim Personations with Alexis.
Speaker 1: Have you been prepped on this at all?
Speaker 6: Alexis, She'll be given the name of a very famous person. It could be a modern celebrity or a famous historical figure. But once she has the name, she'll have a few seconds to think about how she wants to do it. Then the clock will start and for thirty seconds, Alexis needs to impersonate them, using their voice or how she believes they might sound.
Speaker 4: Oh, you have to do it. So we have to be able to guess who she is.
Speaker 1: Don't you think they're all going to sound the same.
Speaker 6: So she'll be impersonating someone and giving enough clues so the host can correctly guess who she is. Yes, each of you will have your own chance, and there's no helping each other on this. Brook has a impersonation, Jose is an impersonation, then, but it's.
Speaker 1: All the same person for the three of us.
Speaker 6: You each have a different person each time, and we can't help each other.
Speaker 1: Guess she needs to be versatile, right, okay, jealous of.
Speaker 6: At any time in the thirty seconds you correctly guess the name of the person, then you're saved from the shock and I'll give you a good ding.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't it's okay, got it right.
Speaker 6: If you don't get in thirty seconds, though, you will be getting shocked. Everyone understand.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm so excited and we can't help each other.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 6: So this is just Brook and Alexis for this one.
Speaker 4: Alexis, how are your charades skills? Overall?
Speaker 3: We're about to find out charades.
Speaker 4: You can't talk, Jeffrey, that's part of you know whatever.
Speaker 6: We'll see all right, Brook, you're gonna go first, Alexis. Here's the person you'll be dim personally.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're handing her piece of paper.
Speaker 6: Okay, give her about ten seconds to figure out how she wants to do it, and then we'll start the clock.
Speaker 4: When you're ready. He's already laughing. That's good, okay, And three to one go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna invent something change the world, gonna change the world. It might be electricity, Oh what's happening?
Speaker 8: Or it might be a telephone electricity guy, but it's it's it's the other dude.
Speaker 3: You might sign the Declaration of Independence.
Speaker 4: Of Yeah, Benjamin Franklin is an old and confused man, so maybe that impersonation was right.
Speaker 6: That impersonation was Benjamin Franklin. One could have been everything, all right, what he did?
Speaker 4: I invented something.
Speaker 6: Jose, you're up next, going to hand alexisis impersonation for you to her right now.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited.
Speaker 6: Oh God, please raise your hand when you're in her hand is up?
Speaker 4: Okay, three, two, one?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 3: Hy yah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, throwing her hands around, Oh yeah, rolling around.
Speaker 3: I'm fighting for.
Speaker 1: Don't mess with me. Okay, karate chop you. I don't know what he says.
Speaker 9: I don't know if anyone's ever said karate language.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, I'm sorry, the timer is up. Okay, Hose, you did not get a guess in there in that thirty seconds. You have a guess here at the end. Only that I can think of his chan that.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I was supposed to wait till we'll get the guesses in during the time next time.
Speaker 4: But that was jack Chan apologist to Jackie Chan if he's listening to our show, So.
Speaker 6: We're two for two impersonations with Alexis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is she?
Speaker 6: Jeffrey, You're up next, here's your impersonation. Okay, all right, I'm ready, You're ready, all right, jeff here's your impersonation in three two one go.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm I'm gonna show all those men and I'm gonna fly a plane.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna build a plane.
Speaker 7: Croft I think, yeah, across the world.
Speaker 3: Obviously, who it is gonna love me in the future.
Speaker 4: Nancy Drew. Nancy Drew volume, The Secret of Shadow Ranch.
Speaker 3: It's a good one.
Speaker 4: That's where she flies the point and then solves the mystery.
Speaker 1: It's a real one.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm important in history.
Speaker 4: Wonder woman.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, we're all out of time.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey, Oh, come on, Jack.
Speaker 6: That impersonation was Amelia Air for obvious.
Speaker 1: He didn't even have an accent from the United States.
Speaker 4: It's like a Southern drawl, jeff.
Speaker 6: So, Jeffrey, you got that incorrection. You're gonna be getting shot today. That was dim Personations with Alexis Fuller.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it. I loved how her voice didn't change for any of.
Speaker 4: You'll listen back to the podcast after this and you'll hear it yourself. Since I mine wrong, I'm going to be getting shocked. Somebody wanted to hear Senorita by Seawn.
Speaker 1: Mendes, my daughter's favorite song.
Speaker 4: I love it when you call me Singora. I wish I could pretend I did in need but Jackie chann impersonation. And now that's your shock collar question of the.
Speaker 10: Day, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: This is gonna make me sound super old. But it is so confusing trying to keep up with all the new technology. Oh yeah, since I started talking, Apple has released four new editions of the iPhone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: Just feels like there's constantly new apps and new things and new advancements to learn.
Speaker 2: With all the AI, we're not even to have to think about it anymore because it'll run us soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it's going to be complaining. Well, how complicated we are?
Speaker 4: True, we have a guy on the phone right now who introduced us to a simple computer trick that I never knew about before. Anyone can use it, and now, I'll be honest, he said he used it to help him lie to his family. Oh, we don't normally condone that behavior, but we totally understand why he did it. Yeah, and I wish that I knew this computer trick back when I was in school. I see that maybe it's something that could help you. When you hear it in a brand new mass speaker that's coming up, you hear me confession I can't take back arms speaker got a text seventy five nine two that says, my wife forgot my birthday and spent the entire day planning what she wanted us to do for her birthday, which is seven months away. Makes it worse, and so to get even, I ate her secret stash of mini Snickers bars because I know where she hides them. It's because it's like, sounds like it's nothing, but it's probably huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, that led to a seven month fight.
Speaker 4: I guess passive aggressive behavior towards your significant other is one way to deal with your stress. But another, I say, healthier way is to come on our show to vent your truth anonymously.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 4: No guarantee Brooke won't try and get your candy though after it's over.
Speaker 1: Oh if I find that stash, it's gone.
Speaker 11: But we do.
Speaker 4: You have one person ready to give us a peek into his secret stash. He wants to go by Derek today. So Derek, welcome, to the show.
Speaker 12: Hey, guys, thanks for taking my call. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Oh, very horrible, Derek, how are you feeling.
Speaker 12: I'm all right, I'm a little distressed, having a little little bit of anxiety about something.
Speaker 4: Okay, Brook's not really going to steal your snickers bars. You don't have to worry. That was just a joke.
Speaker 1: I feel like I want to give Derek a hug, my friend.
Speaker 12: This stuff has bothered me for years. We're going way back to freshman year in college.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, well, your voice changer is on. You're the mass speaker. Let's hear about your confession.
Speaker 12: So it was my first year. I didn't really get good grades. I had a very good social life. I hung out a lot. I had a lot of friends, you know, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of you're not making grades. That's fine, Yeah, right, exactly.
Speaker 12: I also had strict parents.
Speaker 1: Oh ah, okay, who are probably paying for this?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, to the hilt. I'm sure it was a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they have a reason why.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's kind of their fault for believing in you. You know, they should know better than to spend that much money on their own shop. Parents do do that, dangle it. They're like, well, help you pay, but you can't fail.
Speaker 1: Is that what you tell your mom? Jeffrey privacy.
Speaker 4: Trust me, my dad wanted me to take microeconomics. That was a terrible idea and he found out really quickly.
Speaker 10: Why.
Speaker 4: But anyway, you have the type of parents that care about you getting good grades.
Speaker 12: Yes, my parents do care about me and there well. And so I'm back home after the first year and my father, while I'm in my room one day, comes up to me and he's like, hey, I want to see your grades.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're like, oh, I go to one of those colleges that don't have them, walk into a friend's account.
Speaker 12: N I knew that he would freak out if I just showed him the grades. So what I did was, do you guys know what the inspect command button does?
Speaker 10: On the.
Speaker 1: Demand? On what I don't even there is no inspect button.
Speaker 12: If you click right click on websites, if you click the right on the right, you can click inspect and it pulls up code. And in that code you can change what someone's seeing on the screen.
Speaker 4: Wait, you can change what a website says.
Speaker 12: It makes it look a little different, but you're not changing the website I'm not actually changing anything. I'm just changing what my father is seeing in time as I'm showing him on my screen.
Speaker 1: Blown right now, I have to look up.
Speaker 4: I've accident a few times and I'm always like, oh my gosh, what are these codes? And I get out of that.
Speaker 1: Dude, I feel like you should get an age just for being able to do that.
Speaker 12: I appreciate that a lot of ways around things and getting away with stuff. Yeah. Yeah, So he was so happy to see those grades. He was so ecstatic excited.
Speaker 1: Did you show him all a's or did you get some b's in there too?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, yeah, no, I put some bees in there, mostly as though we had like A being science. My father wouldn't believe I got an A and science keeping it realistic.
Speaker 4: But sorry, again, I was a bus.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 12: It kind of added to what made it seem more truthful and honest.
Speaker 4: Good good, Well did he believe it?
Speaker 12: He believed it so much that he wanted me to print up the page.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, can you do that?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 10: No, I did print it up.
Speaker 13: I printed up for him.
Speaker 5: But he did that because he wanted to send that to my.
Speaker 12: Car insurance company to get me a lower rate because I get better grades.
Speaker 11: That's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do, like good student discounts at some insurance company.
Speaker 1: Funny that Alexis never knew that that was so wait, so what who? What do you feel guilty about just scamming the insurance company.
Speaker 12: I may or may not have been committing insurance frauds the last few years.
Speaker 4: Kind of a problem.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Well, just didn't.
Speaker 3: Pay insurance for like three years, like a good point.
Speaker 4: Company.
Speaker 12: I just want to make sure I'm not going to go to jail.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it'd probably be your dad that went because yeah, the one that was on the policy.
Speaker 4: It wasn't your fault. You're not the person that sent your phony grades to the insurance company.
Speaker 14: No, right, it was not my fault.
Speaker 10: I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I think it maybe he wanted to put it on the fridge or something.
Speaker 4: I just want to be that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you literally was a computer glitch.
Speaker 1: Just happened. So did you get caught?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 12: No, I still haven't gotten caught. No, I haven't gotten caught.
Speaker 4: That's why you feel guilty.
Speaker 1: He's just looking at around his shoulder at every turn. Wait for the insurance agency.
Speaker 12: Plus right, I don't want this to be the last thing I tell my dad on his deathbed.
Speaker 1: Just keep that one to yourself. Yeah, you saved him, Bunny, and he was.
Speaker 4: Proud of you. But now I learned a great new trick. Whenever like management comes over and wants to see our Nielsen ratings online, I'm just gonna go down there. Look at that one billion listening hours. Yeah, I'm amazing one were number zero. Good for us. Hey, thanks for sharing that with us, Derek, that was good one man.
Speaker 10: Thanks for listening. Guys.
Speaker 4: Text in seven eighty five nine too. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, WEE can hid your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker. Your phone TAP's coming.
Speaker 10: Up, Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Today, we call a guy whose wife is pregnant with their first child eight months along right now, So we recently put in a request for paternity leave. Okay, he knows his job is pretty crazy, but he needs somebody to step in and cover for him while he's out, and he's a little worried about the company finding a decent replacement. Luckily, we're about to put his mind at ease with three excellent candidates to fill his role good. At least that's what we think. They're excellent. We'll find out what his take is in your phone tap right now.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hey, Anthony, yes speaking, Hey, this.
Speaker 4: Is Lewis from Corporate HR. I'm calling regarding the requests that you sent in for a paternity leave.
Speaker 5: Yes, my wife is eight months pregnant.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: We're just looking for a little bit of time off to welcome the little one to the world.
Speaker 4: First off, congratulations and thank you, thank you. I'm actually calling to let you know your quest has been approved seriously, and we have three potential candidates who could step in.
Speaker 5: That's amazing. I just submitted that request yesterday.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to move this along as quickly as we could, and I actually have all three candidates already on hold. I'm just going to punch up the first one and let you talk to it. Ce's a fit. Hey, Ricky there, what I said?
Speaker 5: What I said?
Speaker 6: Hello there?
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, so that's Anthony. I have some other stuff to tackle. I'm just gonna jump off for a second. You guys can talk and I'll be back in just a little bit.
Speaker 5: Okay, sure, fust Off. Let me just say that I love the fact that you're a salesman.
Speaker 12: In your name Tony rhymes with mony.
Speaker 10: What.
Speaker 4: We're going to make a lot of money together, the friend.
Speaker 5: You know, what, can you tell me a little bit about your background?
Speaker 7: I said, I said I could sell snake a while to a cactus.
Speaker 12: Friend.
Speaker 4: I actually did sell some.
Speaker 5: Hembroid cream to a five year old and a book.
Speaker 4: Fell He didn't know what he was buying.
Speaker 5: I'm not entirely sure how that relates to my job at sales.
Speaker 4: Ah, we's got to be selling. I don't care what your age is. I got to sell. I just told that child that it.
Speaker 5: Was smart cream and he should put it all over his head.
Speaker 12: He did.
Speaker 10: It was pretty funny.
Speaker 4: Hey, Fellas, Uh, let me just put you on hold for a second there, Rick real quick, Lewis, thank you, so, Anthony, how's it going with the Rick?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 5: At first, blush, I don't know that that guy is gonna be the right fit.
Speaker 10: What.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a little over the top.
Speaker 4: Well, I just think he has that big, magnetic, southern charming personality. Maybe you were a little intimidated by it, Okay, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think I was intimidated.
Speaker 4: No, that's okay. So we could just go on to candidate number two, I got someone else for you.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, oh jays, hello.
Speaker 10: These days Anthony?
Speaker 5: Yes, who am I speaking to?
Speaker 7: It is I Rolando?
Speaker 5: Okay, you are having a baby?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 5: Actually yes, is eight months pregnant.
Speaker 7: Oh, which means you must have been playing some type of beaut different song or song you were conceiving this angel baby child. For example, when I am making love the way woman, Oh my god, I prefer to put on a baby shark.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, by shark. Oh please don't start baby you see.
Speaker 4: Sorry to jump back in on the call. Hopefully it was productive.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what to say to that. Honestly, Landa, I put you back on hold.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 10: I will never forget this moment.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: All Right, he is gone. But what do you think he's got winner written all over him? Right?
Speaker 5: Are you kidding me? That guy's a total pervert. What he started talking about songs and my wife and yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I've worked with Rolando for years. That's just him.
Speaker 5: I don't care if that's just him. I don't want him thinking over my account.
Speaker 4: You're being a little bit more harsh and critical than I thought you would. Be. I'm coming to you with all these great candidates.
Speaker 5: These are not great candidates. I don't know what your screening process is, but it is kind of ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Anthony, you know what. Agreed to disagree, but I'm punching up candidate number three right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, No, no, no, I don't. I don't know if this is it gave me?
Speaker 4: I know who is?
Speaker 5: This is Anthony? Who is speaking?
Speaker 10: My name is Frank.
Speaker 7: But my mates call me Clover.
Speaker 5: They call you clover because I'm.
Speaker 10: Lucky to be alone.
Speaker 5: Is Lewis still on the phone?
Speaker 12: Hello, Look, we.
Speaker 10: Don't have time for Lewis. I need the codes right now.
Speaker 5: It's the code. I have ten seconds.
Speaker 7: I need the codes right now at a launch code.
Speaker 5: Okay, do you have a resume that you can have an email?
Speaker 10: Me?
Speaker 7: Six?
Speaker 5: Boy, I don't have what What are we talking about? What codes?
Speaker 12: Damn it?
Speaker 5: Anthony?
Speaker 12: You know what you've done?
Speaker 6: What have I done?
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 10: Apparently?
Speaker 7: Now I have to wait another thirty seconds before I try to pass it again and get logged into the computer.
Speaker 5: What the hell is going on here?
Speaker 4: What's going on? Anthony's you didn't give him the code? So now we have to tell you that this is a prank phone call it Are you serious? Are you met with me? No, dude, we don't work at your company. We're from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. I'm jeff that's how zad.
Speaker 14: Oh my gosh, are.
Speaker 4: You your wife Marie set you up for a prank call?
Speaker 5: No sweating bullets right now.
Speaker 4: I was also sweating when I talked to Marie. Now I see my friends.
Speaker 5: Oh my heart is.
Speaker 10: Wake up. Every morning was fu taps weekday mornings on the twenties Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: If you're on a date, is there a bad way to tell the other person that you think they're really attractive?
Speaker 1: A bad way?
Speaker 4: Bad way to say that, as long as you get the point across. No, like, for example, Wow, I can't wait to text a photo of you to my dad. Oh, he's going to be so proud of me.
Speaker 1: I don't like that. Yeah that that's not good.
Speaker 4: Well, as bad as that may have sounded, one of our listeners had an even more awkward way of complimenting her dates very good looks. Oh really, It almost ruined her chances, And even though it was very uncomfortable even for us to just hear about it. It's led us to this moment where she and her date are both coming back onto our show for a special second date update updates. You're gonna hear it right after this second date update date, Brooke, have you ever been straight up rejected for a kiss before? Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm sure.
Speaker 4: I mean, besides what just happened in the breakroom two minutes ago when we reached for the same I'm talking about in a like a date or a shady dive bar scenario. You ever been shot down?
Speaker 1: I can't remember being shut down. I feel like men are always like, whether they like you or not, they're up for a makeout session.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's true. We have very low stands, and that's why one of our listeners, Brittany, is feeling very confused because, according to her email, her night out ended with her lipstick completely unsmeared. So let's talk to her. Brittany, welcome to the show.
Speaker 13: Hi, thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think it's a bad thing. I mean, my husband was pretty prude when we first met.
Speaker 4: He's i mean total free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't we kiss right away? But we didn't do anything else for a long time.
Speaker 4: We'll get to the kiss eventually, but let's start at the very beginning. Who's the guy that you met?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: His name is Ryan Ryan, okay, And I'm just guessing you met him on a n app Is that true?
Speaker 14: You knows on the show?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Would you like about him?
Speaker 13: Well, he wasn't holding a fish green flag?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 13: Also I noticed he volunteers with kids. That was one of his pictures and I do too, And so.
Speaker 1: What did you guys do for your date?
Speaker 13: So we ended up lent to a bar. And so when we're at the bar, you know, we're trying to make conversations. And the cool thing about this bar is they've got a full wall of board games that you can play.
Speaker 2: Because kids get to go to that bar too, I think it's because adults like to play board games as well.
Speaker 4: Oh really, it was a bar last night.
Speaker 1: I connect four.
Speaker 4: These are adult places, So that's okay, that's interesting. So you played some board games with them?
Speaker 13: We did, and my favorite is scrabble. That's probably controversial. People think it's I like it, you don't.
Speaker 4: I think it's a very romantic game to play with each other. I mean, yeah, I guess it does depend on what you're spelling.
Speaker 10: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 13: It's kind of funny you say that, because my idea was to kind of mix it up, and I came up with dirty scrabble.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I'm interested. What is dirty scrap?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What are the rules here?
Speaker 13: You're only allowed to say or spell kind of naughty words like nothing crazy but okay, like lick or slap. I think he played slap at one point. Issues probably just daddy, I think, yeah, that would have a lot of points.
Speaker 1: That sounds so fun.
Speaker 13: Honestly, it was so fun, like it totally set the mood. We were drinking and we talked about family life like it was I mean, laughed the whole time, Like it was honestly so fun.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, I get while you were confused you didn't get a kiss because like you're you're spelling naughty words, you are drinking.
Speaker 4: Can you tell us, like, can you bring us to that moment when you thought the kiss was going to happen.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So it was the end of our date, you know, and I was feeling very comfortable because we had obviously talked about all sorts of things and I'm a pretty confident person. And before I last they said something along the lines of like, oh, are you really going to leave here without kissing me?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 10: Is that nice? Oh?
Speaker 1: I think it's really nice.
Speaker 4: It just like the window they do it, but the tone of it is like, Oh, really, dummy, you're really going to leave here with not without making.
Speaker 7: A move on me?
Speaker 1: Everything is an insult, like you. So personally, she's just being flirty.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I mean it is just it is a little bit forward and some guys can be taken back by that. How did he react?
Speaker 13: Uh, he got kind of weird. He said, I'm not sure if that's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not a good response. I mean, like what was going through your head?
Speaker 13: I mean I I kind of brushed it off, like I tried to maintain my confidence and I wasn't going to press him.
Speaker 1: That's not good.
Speaker 4: Is everybody else in the room thinking what I'm thinking? That he had some kind of disease or like some cold sore going on. They be covered up with makeup. Sorry idea my head immediately, Well, why else would he turn her down if they had such a great time?
Speaker 1: Because it wasn't attracted to her.
Speaker 12: I mean, is.
Speaker 1: Exactly. You can be super beautiful and not be attractive to someone. How did you take it? How did you take it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the most important.
Speaker 13: I'm usually pretty positive. So I thought, Okay, maybe he's thought I was too tipsy and he wanted to respectful, you know, and he gave me a hug.
Speaker 1: Remember, I like that angle better. That's much kinder than I apologize.
Speaker 4: But then now he's not calling you back.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's why I'm here because I'm like, I'm just confused.
Speaker 4: Now, that's what real gentlemen do.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, go for years and years, so much respect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's just waiting for you to sober up.
Speaker 13: Yeah I'm sober now.
Speaker 4: Okay, while to respond there.
Speaker 1: So that's good. She thought about it, you did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a clear mind, and that's what we need when we come back and we call Ryan for you and try and get you your second date update.
Speaker 14: All right, okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on second date update.
Speaker 2: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're going to find out how the couple is doing right after you here Part two.
Speaker 4: We just learned a new twist on the board game Scrabble thanks to our listener Brittany and her game.
Speaker 1: Oh Yeah, I'm playing liter at home.
Speaker 4: Because because it's called dirty scrabble, where you only put down suggestive and flirtatious words to really set the mood moist. Mama's mancakes, Oh.
Speaker 1: Kay is a good letter to play.
Speaker 10: Score.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but if you can get a Zaddy in there, that zee is going to get you places.
Speaker 4: Triple word score.
Speaker 13: Yeah that one one.
Speaker 4: Forty two points, Jeff.
Speaker 1: I don't think you ever scored scrabble in your life.
Speaker 4: Don't play with me. Bro got too many naughty words up in this melon? Okay, melons, there's another and another forty points you've used. Even though dirty Scrabble went great that night, the first kiss did not know, In fact, it didn't even happen because her date Ryan said, I don't know if this is a good idea.
Speaker 1: He said, it's not a good idea. There's no question about it.
Speaker 4: Which is weird because I think every single one of us in this room would have kissed you in that moment.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: All the same time, I.
Speaker 1: Think she also just turned us down, so yeah, which is fine. He's fine.
Speaker 4: You don't think that's a very good idea.
Speaker 13: Listen, I'm kind of lonely, so.
Speaker 4: All right, well, I'm not going to put that information out when we call Ryan. I'm just going to ask him why he's not calling you back.
Speaker 14: All right, that's probably a good idea, and then I'll offered.
Speaker 4: A group kiss at the end. He says, yes, but let's do it.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hey, I'm looking for Ryan. Yeah, and sorry, not just me, an entire room of people is looking for you, Jeffrey Morning.
Speaker 14: Showy, did I win something or home?
Speaker 1: Well you may kind of yeah, I mean you're it's your lucky day. Somebody likes you. Anybody back, jeff.
Speaker 4: No, We're doing a segment on the show Ryan called Second Date Update. It's where we reach out to people who've gone on dates recently to try and figure out why there hasn't been a second date yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the person that is interested in them reached.
Speaker 4: Out to us, right, And the person who reached out to us is Brittany.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh it sounds like you guys had such a fun night from what she said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it was it was it was Yeah, she was the date.
Speaker 1: I mean it was a day day.
Speaker 4: We heard you played board games. Some people love them, some people don't, see Ryan, that's how it works. She calls and tells us about the date that you went on, so that we get a little bit of the background information, and then we go to you to see if you can fill in some of the blanks for us.
Speaker 14: Oh okay, Well what did she say about the date?
Speaker 4: She mentioned going to a bar playing scrabble with a little little bit of twist on it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that was that was great?
Speaker 5: What else did she say?
Speaker 1: That was kind of it? Just you guys laughed a lot.
Speaker 4: She said that a lot of laughing, a lot of joking around and sharing happy memories. I think, uh huh.
Speaker 14: Well did she say anything like about me, like about what i'd like look.
Speaker 5: Like or whatever, like what you look like?
Speaker 2: She said she actually didn't mention anything at all. We just kind of assumed that she was attracted to since she wanted to kiss you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why you go No, I'm ugly, I'm not going to call her back. What's going on, man, We're trying to help Brittany out to get some answers here.
Speaker 14: Well, there were dude, that's weird.
Speaker 5: We like weird.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, well this is different.
Speaker 4: Okay, try us.
Speaker 14: You know, we're just like talking and stuff, and she keeps like looking at me and like smiling. I swung back and she was like, it's crazy. You just looked so much like my brother.
Speaker 4: Oh that's not what I thought was gonna happen. Please don't tell me. That's when she was like, kiss me, you fool.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 14: She asked about the kiss at the end of the day. But I just could not get that out of my head. Like I was literally like, what do you want to kich your brother right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like, oh man, maybe you're just like a generic looking dude. You know, I'm just trying to give her any benefit of the doubt, and.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying.
Speaker 4: She just seen that guys at the store.
Speaker 1: Now you.
Speaker 4: Everyone looks like it's look Ryan. We we hadn't heard that part of the story obviously, Yeah, of course. And uh yeah we should be asking, though, Brittany about it. Is on the other line right now, and she wants to talk to you, Brittany, talk to your brother look alike.
Speaker 14: Oh no, oh my gosh, she's on the phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how the segment works.
Speaker 13: Yeah, oh yeah, Okay, I totally forgot that that happened, Like that wasn't even on my radar, Like that was just some random comment.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you're saying, you admit he does look like your brother, or you were trying to be funny.
Speaker 13: No, he no, and it is funny. It's just a compliment because my brother's very good looking.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Okay, you're saying your brother is good looking, your brother's.
Speaker 13: Hot, and I do like him, yes, and that's a good thing because he's a good looking person. You're both good looking people. It's not like you said, oh, you have the same hot body as my brother.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's what she means. You're not attracted to your brother.
Speaker 14: She said a body and he's hot.
Speaker 1: You don't think.
Speaker 13: I just need to clear things up. Okay, Yeah, my brother is very good looking. He has a very hot body.
Speaker 14: That's what is that.
Speaker 13: So do you and so it's a compliment, you know what I mean.
Speaker 14: I know you're saying I look like him, but you're saying your brother has a hot body. Your brother's hotter than me.
Speaker 13: His body is hotter than me.
Speaker 1: Competition.
Speaker 13: Give me a break, you guys, call it. You know what I mean never said I'm attracted to my brother, not once. I'm just saying he has good physical attributes. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I mean, they've done all sorts of scientific research that say you end up like liking people that look kind of like you.
Speaker 1: And her and her brother share the same genetics.
Speaker 4: And I bet her brother doesn't play dirty scrabble as good as you played.
Speaker 13: Oh god, that's gross, you guys. I've never played dirty scrabble with my brother.
Speaker 4: There's something that you have that her brother doesn't. All right, I just told us before you guys got on the phone. She's playing with her family. But if you really want to stick it to Brittany's brother, then you should go out on a date with her. It sounds like she wants to stick it to her brother it and that way you can make Brittany's brother jealous. It's already been sold. What do you think, Ryan, We're gonna pay for that date if you go out with her.
Speaker 13: Okay, before you make up your mind, listen, I'm not attracted to my brother.
Speaker 14: Let's just be.
Speaker 13: Super clear about I thought that we had a great time together. I'm sorry there was a misunderstanding and if you can just look past my hot body brother comments.
Speaker 3: She's been such a good sport about all of this too.
Speaker 11: Yeah, all right, I'll do it, but under one condition. We have to just pretend that this never happened. No jokes about it, no whatever, We're just moving past it.
Speaker 14: Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm so glad he said that. I thought he was going to say three somes.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 4: Not a successful second.
Speaker 10: Date, Yeah, Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Definitely one of the more unusual second date calls we've had.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 4: It worked, And now both Brittany and Ryan are back on the phone to give us an update. Update.
Speaker 1: Her brother isn't here too.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Brittany, Ryan, how you guys doing?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. All I want to know is are you still dating? And two? Have you met the brother? Those are the only two things I want to know.
Speaker 13: Well, Yeah, we're still dating. Things are going really good.
Speaker 1: Actually that's been a while.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we actually it was last month. We've been together.
Speaker 1: We are making relationships like real ones happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good for us. I'm proud of us. I mean, I mean, I'm happy for you guys. But Ryan, how's it been for you?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 14: It's been good, and I did. I did meet her brother.
Speaker 4: Oh god, oh.
Speaker 1: God, tell me, were you nervous.
Speaker 2: I'm always nervous to meet someone that people say I look like, because then I'm always a little disappointed.
Speaker 14: Well, I wasn't nervous until I met him, but then, like when I met him, I mean, she's she's so, he's so attractive.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is that weird to hear Ryan say that, Brittany?
Speaker 13: No, I told him, I literally told him, so, I think it makes are you guys cool?
Speaker 1: Ryan?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yes, obviously, I mean I but like, he's so cool.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, every brother, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we all get along. And he actually my brother was wanting to move in with us. His apartment lease was up, but we talked about it. Yeah, Ryan and I decided that probably wasn't a good call. But yeah, I mean, we don't get along.
Speaker 1: You both to be too distracted by his looks.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, I mean it just wasn't probably the right move for us. And we are a very cute couple obviously, but I wouldn't say we're both crazy good looking or anything like that.
Speaker 14: So I don't know if the energy would be weird. I don't know. Yeah, you're saying we're not.
Speaker 11: Or I'm not.
Speaker 1: I said we're not crazy. Brittany.
Speaker 13: You're very good looking, obviously, but you're not like my brother's good looking. You know that.
Speaker 14: There's literally nobody is though.
Speaker 4: Okay, not even a statue of David looks pretty similar. Well, this has been more of an update on Britney's brother than it has been on their relationship. But I'm really happy for you guys. It sounds like you're all copacetic. Brother Hey, yeah, tell your brother what's up for us? It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 10: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: We're always saying on the show that the dating world is changing so much. Well, now the married world's changing too, because honeymoons are officially out. There's something else controversial that's hit social media that newlyweds are doing. You're gonna want to know about it. Plus start of the year, if you're looking to drop a few LB's, gen Z has you covered with a new weight lost trick that's one hundred percent free and one hundred percent bizarre. We got all that and more coming up in a brand new TikTok click.
Speaker 10: Shot We'll do it freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Experts have weighed in and the top three culture phenomenons of last year wow, were the Barbie movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, still need to see I can't believe you.
Speaker 4: I know I had a couple of weeks off wat Taylor Swift, Yes, And then it was a tie between Oppenheimer and.
Speaker 2: TikTok click shot, so influential, beating out Beyonce It.
Speaker 4: TikTok click shock. Where will you talk about the biggest tiktoks from the past week. Let's get right into your first TikTok click shock, which is a new trend and the hashtag for it's gotten over half a million views online. It's extra popular with the gen zs right now. It's called Buddy moons.
Speaker 1: Buddy Oh my god, please tell me this is just going on trips with my best friend.
Speaker 4: So it's where after you have your wedding, instead of taking a private vacation with just you and your new spouse, you either invite all of your friends to come along with you guys, or ditch your spouse completely and just go on a trip with your friends only.
Speaker 3: Oh you keep the party going, you know, like after your wedding.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no honeymoons, buddy moons. The reason, the reason why before you judge to know broke, the reason why? Think about it. You've just spent the last nine months to a year planning this super stressful event with your partner. Isn't it time for a break already?
Speaker 8: I mean I did it like, but it's not like it's really but that broke. You always say the wedding is the best night of your life. You just keep the party going, you know, just the place after beautiful, that's where you connect with your significant other.
Speaker 4: Life to do that, brooke.
Speaker 1: On the moon is the best thing. Don't skip your honeymoon.
Speaker 4: Spoken like a true old person. Agree with me. Listen to this gen z.
Speaker 13: For us, it didn't feel like this taboo type of thing. We're like, of course, if our friends are all the way out.
Speaker 8: There, we might as well just hop on a quick flight and go to Mikonos.
Speaker 4: No totally normal. No, she doesn't sound spoiled or pretentious at all. I bet that hotel and Mikanos didn't even have a glass bottom infinity cool.
Speaker 1: It's like, why not just hop out of play?
Speaker 4: They go to taken Not everyone agrees that buddy moons are a good thing, like one so called relationship experts. Here's what she had to say.
Speaker 13: Why so called everyone should take a buddy moon every year, but your first.
Speaker 10: Honeymoon should be a honeymoon.
Speaker 8: Yes, and if you're already looking to dilute your relationship with your friends and other distractions, that will be the entire relationship.
Speaker 1: I know, That's what I've said. It's like huge red flag.
Speaker 2: If this is what you want to do instead of spending a week with your significant other, it how.
Speaker 3: Boring those two people both come on, you got lady, what that means? You want that?
Speaker 1: Nothing about a wedding.
Speaker 6: Set's fun at a wedding you were married.
Speaker 1: Don't get to your honey she went on the stage. Yeah, the most stable relationship people in the room get it.
Speaker 4: That relationship Beckspert went on to say, a buddy moon takes away from the bonding and intimacy between a husband and wife. But on the other hand, you can get slammed out of your mind with seltzers on that yacht off the Amalfi Coast. So okay, way your options there. Yeah, I'm tworking on a seal that was a TikTok. Click shot your next click shot. Now, since it's the new year, everyone's talking about weight loss and dieting and shedding those extra holiday pounds. Well, there's a new diet trend that's blowing up online called the clippier nose diet.
Speaker 1: No, I don't even want to know.
Speaker 4: The idea is, you sit down to eat a regular meal at a restaurant at your home, doesn't matter. Yeah, and if you take your fingers and pinch your nose so you can't smell while you're eating, you can't taste any It's supposed to dull your sense of taste, which helps you focus on your actual appetite, so you can stop eating once you're a full, actually.
Speaker 7: Feel the full feeling.
Speaker 1: You just do what my children do to choke down my dinner every night. Is that what it is?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Look how greative shape your kids are. A food influencer named Angus Tan tried this and this is what he has to say. It makes use.
Speaker 10: I can't.
Speaker 4: Honestly just takes the jar off eating. I guess he might, well, because you would just hate eating and you can't taste anything, and it's also super hot to breathe.
Speaker 10: How do.
Speaker 1: You don't recommend this because you might choke a life. So you might choke and die, but you'll be very thin.
Speaker 4: It's at risk. Just in case you missed what he was saying, he says, the diet might work because you'll hate eating so much you'll never want to do it anymore. Yeah, and you might choke and die, which is also a determin from eating food.
Speaker 1: You'll just take your finger off your nose while you're doing it. You'd be like, this is dumb.
Speaker 4: No, twitters don't do that. But the gen zers are saying the benefits are it's free. You don't have to buy any like fancy products or special foods to pull this off. You're one hundred percent in control of the diets.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna start going out to eat people.
Speaker 1: Why were you even paid for this?
Speaker 3: You can't taste it.
Speaker 4: That was a TikTok click shot and now your final TikTok click shot is from two influencers named Meg Ratus and Audrey Jongins, both twenty five years old. They're now famous for a TikTok trend they started last year by going out to New York City clubs and doing bumps of caviar.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, these girls, Oh my god, this is the opposite of the nose thing. This is actually putting it in your nose, in your.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, you don't actually.
Speaker 10: Do like.
Speaker 3: That's why would you ever assume that.
Speaker 4: They're dancing at this bar called Somewhere Nowhere that someone in the group orders caviar along with their bottle service. They start scooping little doll ups of it, putting it on the back of their hands and not snorting it, but eating it with the hashtag caviar bumps.
Speaker 6: Okay, so can I just say I was a fine outing server for a long time.
Speaker 7: When you taste caviar, that is how you're supposed to do it, You put it on your hand.
Speaker 4: But no one's ever done it at the club Rich people. They got over nine million views on their video and after that.
Speaker 1: It has nothing to do with how beautiful they are. I'm sure the caviar that they got so many views.
Speaker 4: Maybe the caviar is making them beautiful. The trend exploded, going to all different generations of people suddenly wanting to eat caviar, and we even talked about on the show before. Moms now are giving their children caviar as a healthy snack.
Speaker 1: Like, there's a lot of socioeconomic diversity in this conversation.
Speaker 4: Nobody understands what those words mean.
Speaker 1: It is good the charge for.
Speaker 4: Ca Yeah, caviar seen are major uptick in sales now up seventy four percent. They're even selling it at Whole Foods now.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Lexus can get a white claw with a caviar bag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So those are your TikTok story for the we got your phones have coming up.
Speaker 10: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: It's a new year, and that means new opportunities, and that's exactly what Charlene is hoping for today when she plays Brook once again, because the last couple of years have not gone so great for Charlotte. She is zero and four against you all time, all right, But today, like I said, new Year, She's gonna turn things around. And that's why Charlene's already agreed to crush you, Brooke by screaming through the entire time when you are answering question, No, No, You're gonna play fair today, Charlene.
Speaker 1: Of course, Oh my goodness, are you looking forward to the new year?
Speaker 14: I am twenty three has been a challenge.
Speaker 2: Okay is it?
Speaker 1: Are you a resolutions type of lady or no?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: Maybe a resolution should be to finally beat Brooke.
Speaker 1: Hey she said no, no, yeah, yeah, no, I'm gonna go with no on that one.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, all right, all right, get up on your hopes and dreams, and let's send Brooke out of the studio while she heads out. You know the game works. Charlene, thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say past. But you do have to beat Brook out right to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: All right, good luck, this is gonna be it. Your time starts now. Today is National Trivia Day. Free point if you can tell me how many eyes are in the word trivia?
Speaker 10: Three?
Speaker 4: What is the name of the brimless hat that Jewish men wear? In? Which decade was tupperware first introduced to the market forties fifties or sixties fifties? What was the composer Beethoven's first name.
Speaker 6: Name?
Speaker 4: The planet that's the brightest in our galaxy Saturn. Which state is known as the Rainbow state.
Speaker 1: California?
Speaker 4: In California?
Speaker 2: All right, Kellie.
Speaker 13: Hawaii, can I change it?
Speaker 4: We can only allow so much time for you to change your answers until you get it right. But Brook's gonna come back into the studio and uh, this is interesting. Apparently she does have a goal for the new year, because she talked to our producer and said, this year she's hoping for peace and happiness. So listening to our show less good goal to have, please support you and you guys.
Speaker 10: Are very entertaining.
Speaker 6: We're laughter and chaos.
Speaker 1: It's going to go misery. That's interesting.
Speaker 4: Maybe are you doing anything out there to promote peace and happiness or you just crossing your fingers and hoping for it?
Speaker 14: Crossing my fingers and hoping.
Speaker 1: I've just thrown up deuces, you know.
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, come on, worlds, do better. Brook, You're up, You're ready, Yes, your time starts now. Today is National Trivia Day. Free point. If you could tell me how many eyes are in the word trivia? Two, what's the name of the brimless hat that Jewish men wear?
Speaker 1: Yamaca In Which.
Speaker 4: Decade was tupperware first introduced to the market forties fifties or sixties fifties? What was the composer Beethoven's first name. Uh amadeis name the planet that is the brightest in our galaxy, Jupiter, which state is known as the rainbow state. Oh, what animal can turn its head a maximum of two hundred and seventy degrees? Got to a lot of questions on this version. Let's head on over to the scoreboard to see how you both did with jose streaking. Charlene, you did great, good effort, but you got zero.
Speaker 10: Charlene, I at least had one or two.
Speaker 4: Well, you almost had that last one and if we could have snuck it in, but Brook you got four.
Speaker 1: Sorry about that, Charlie.
Speaker 12: Actually, what kind of bad.
Speaker 4: Start to the new year courtesy of Brooks.
Speaker 1: But we're closer to peace. That's all that matters.
Speaker 4: Granted happiness to Brook today, so half of it's there today.
Speaker 13: So you need to change the rule to a tie goes to the contestant.
Speaker 9: No, then we would lose literally ten thousand trying to bankrupt us close to tie, baby steps.
Speaker 4: Well here's the answers for everybody. It's National Trivia Day. You got a free point if you knew that the word trivia had two eyes in it. I don't know where you thought the third eye was.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know why I saw the answer, and I was like, she may still be right.
Speaker 4: That Jewish men wear is called a Yamica also would have accept a kippa or a copple. The templeware was first introduced in the markets in the nineteen forties. Beethoven's first name is Ludwig, Ah Ludwig von Beethoven. You were thinking of Vamadeus Mozart. The brightest planet in our galaxy is Venus. It reflects the Sun's light the most in the state known as the Rainbow State. That's Hawaii, most rainbows in the world. Animal that can turn it's had a maximum two hundred and seventy degrees would be an owl.
Speaker 1: I wish I could do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, practice makes perfect. O. Man, my blind spot when I'm driving. This never happened.
Speaker 1: Freak people out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to help you with that. Oh but Charlene unfortunately wasn't enough to beat Brook.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 4: Just for playing, though, we are going to give you a twenty five dollars Disney gift card, valid at any Disney resort, theme park, or online in the Disney Store.
Speaker 1: There you go, you know, try it again this year. Maybe I will like that assistant.
Speaker 4: And for give up. Charlene. We love having you on. Thanks for playing. We'll be back to do Windbrooks Bucks same time tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.