Speaker 1: Welcome the guys. We find the anti slut shamings.
Speaker 2: Podcast that I'm Christina Hunting, I'm Karen Fisher and I'm yeah.
Speaker 1: Friends, bring us to lovey, your horning and your shame.
Speaker 3: Hey was what? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, talk about fucking.
Speaker 2: Greetings, fuckers, Happy twenty twenty four. How you doing where you've been? Wear a helmet? Where you see belt? Welcome new and brand new spanking episode. Guys, we fucked.
Speaker 4: It's the anti slut shaming podcast. I'm Karen Fisher, I'm Christina Hutchinson. Welcome to the show. So this is going to be a solo episode of me, Karen and Mikey.
Speaker 2: Uh. So before we get into it, let's get some dates up top. Okay, Yeah, so you've already been to Karen's New Years show. Great to see you. Hope you had fun, and then make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very very true. I sold out. It was a huge smash.
Speaker 2: We're recording this early, so no idea, but I'm I'm pretty psychic, so I'm gonna say yes.
Speaker 1: Uh and then uh you could.
Speaker 2: See Karin and I performing together on the same stage in New York City Thursday, February first, at the MasterCard Midnight Theater for the very first Guys We Fucked Live in New York in twenty twenty four and then in Los Angeles on Valentine's Day February fourteenth, Credit and I are going to be doing Guys We Fucked the experience the live show at the Comedy Store.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna want to get tickets.
Speaker 2: Links to all those are in our bio and I'm headlining a couple of dates coming up. If you're listening to this the day it comes out, Tonight's New Brunswick, New Jersey, I'm at the Stress Factory headlining.
Speaker 1: Hopefully people come to that. Please come Wait.
Speaker 2: Once is my new podcast that I co host with Daniel Pinchback about Alien's Ghosts Psychedelics, and we're having our first kickoff show January twentieth, which is a Saturday at MCM Productions where we film the show. It's going to be a live show, live podcast with special guests John Ronson and I highly encourage we'd all have a ticket link yet maybe by the time you hear this, there will be check my bio, check the link tree bio at Christina Hutch But we really encourage people to buy tickets. Who have had experiences with those three categories, the afterlife, psychic powers of some sort. Have you seen UFOs? Have you been abducted? I want to fucking know. Okay, are you psychic? Let's go share it. And then Springfield, Missouri, April twenty seconds through the twenty third March March.
Speaker 1: What the fuck? What is going on with me? You don't have your own days? You know what it is? I haven't fucking ate since oh, eight thirty.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm starving. That's what it is, because I'm like, why am I dumb? I feel grounded? Springfieldmastery March twenty second and the twenty third, the Blue Room I'll be headlining. And then as always you can do You can sign up for my Patreon, Patreon, dot com slash Christina Hutchinson, where I do group sherapy over zoom. You know, it's the new year, baby, You got to get to that gym, you gotta get on those dating apps, you got to get into therapy, and you got up maybe participating in group sherapy. I'm not a licensed therapist, but I know a thing or two. Okay, these are really cool spaces, and I have a solo podcast called The Voices in our Heads. That comes out every single Monday, so wherever you listen to your podcast, so Baby and then.
Speaker 4: Washington, d C. You know about this one. But I'm headlining DC Comedy Law February twenty nine through March.
Speaker 1: Second.
Speaker 4: That's to get length already up and available. Also spoke to my agent. I will have a handful of cities that I'm coming to, some of that I haven't come to in quite some time in twenty twenty four, and I'll get you those dates ASP.
Speaker 1: It'll be a fun time.
Speaker 4: And of course, if you want to listen to my solo podcast, Without a Country, we do a nine non biased you know, look at the most important news stories of the week. I've you know, I always enjoyed doing that show, but I've really, really, really especially I've felt like got into a really good groove and I actually love doing it by myself. I know it might be seen, you know, seem difficult to do an unbiased news show by yourself, but I think I'm pretty good at looking thing at things in an unbiased way as far as like politics is concerned. So I've trained myself how to do that, how to look at a lot of news versus and that's kind of like the gifts that I want to give to you to be able to look at multiple news sources, multiple stories about the same political event, so that you you know, it's a lot of it is training and empathy, which is going to be helpful for you in every single walk of life and piece of your life and in relationships. Like really everything is incredibly intertwined, so it'll be especially fun. Mike Harrington and I have some good ideas for the twenty twenty four presidential elections, So it's always fun to cover a presidential election on air, and I look forward to doing that with you. You can listen on YouTube to Without a Country podcast or wherever you listen to podcasts. Yay, all right, we've we've been on the edge of our seats to hear about your ayahuasca retreats that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. Uh, you know what what?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: Fucking what?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: So krinn uh oh remember that time where justin Sylvia Silver called you and was like, hey, am a Christina's department I did she did mushrooms with a guy that she met in the e or she's crying and wants to kill herself.
Speaker 1: No, I do so.
Speaker 2: I vividly remember you help me too. And then you and Wendy came over and we ordered pizza, and I was like doing the best thing.
Speaker 4: A part that though about that though, was like you were so hungry that day for some reason, and you're never hungry, so you kept ordering takeout for us, and I was like, well, this is the silver lining of this situation.
Speaker 1: Food so much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you left that suicide call stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which, you know what, can't kill yourself if you're full, or at least it's harder.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know, maybe the pills won't be as potent, but uh so I kind of expected.
Speaker 2: And then I had a year following that that was just like I woke up weeping, which is not oh.
Speaker 1: God, I was waiting for a folk album, but woke up. Yeah, so I I wanted to come into this. I I did. I watch guy. I tended to ceremony.
Speaker 2: I did it twice over the weekend with a shaman, a female shaman, which should always it should almost always be a female.
Speaker 1: That's if you're gonna do it. That was the first question I asked.
Speaker 4: This is not I got Christina, please tell me this is not some fucking dude.
Speaker 1: No, no, my god no.
Speaker 2: And also it's not really it's kind of looked down upon to do it in the United States because this is not where the indigenous place where this medicine kind of was from. So the medicine of ayahuasca is treated with great respect. And one thing that this weekend taught me is that respect for plants like respect for plant medicine, including tobacco and including marijuana. Because my god, the rituals around how we did this were really lovely, really lovely. But so I bring up that previous mushroom trip to say that, based off of everything I've heard about ayahuascar and seeing the Chelsea Handler docu series, I thought it was going to be some fucking a lot of em moting. Uh, but I got to say I was the chillest one there. I was fucking chill as hell. It was so nice to be the.
Speaker 1: Camm one, right.
Speaker 4: There was a lot of screaming from other people and crying and stuff. Yeah, yeah, yeah there was, and that there was other people that were chill.
Speaker 2: Everybody's experience with ayahuasca is different, and apparently it hits you differently every.
Speaker 1: Time, and usually with drugs.
Speaker 2: I dive deep. I do too many of the drugs. I do all the drugs I do like I do, I don't like. I really wanted to curb my relationship with substances, and it was one of the reasons why I wanted to do the ayahuasca. And when we got there, there was one drug, sorry medicine excuse me, in an email and the welcome email that was that was kind of pitched to us called combo.
Speaker 1: It's kamboh.
Speaker 2: This this substance, this medicine is amazing. I didn't take it because I go, We're just going to do the ayahuasca. Okay, Christina, I just give me want one. I don't want to do all these things. I don't want to put all these things in my body. I just want one thing. And there was an option to take a second cup of the ayahuasca about a couple hours into the ceremony each night, and I didn't. I was like, I just want to do one. So yeah, and we didn't eat, like you couldn't eat. I'm like, this sucks. And one thing about eating, like I get angry, but like my brain just goes obviously. I'm just I'm staring at words and reading the wrong words for the last two hours because I'm starving. But my experience was really, really gentle. And I've been told that you don't. We all have buckets for throwing up. Oh I thought this was you made an emotional bucket. No, well you have a literal bucket. O. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the purging is a big part of it.
Speaker 2: But she said you could purge, you could take a ship, you could fart, you could.
Speaker 1: Yawn, you cry in the bucket, no, no, no, if you shit in the toilet.
Speaker 2: But saying like that, the purge could happen, Yes, okay, And the most common is throwing up.
Speaker 1: So that's why everybody had the bucket.
Speaker 2: I threw up twice both times, and the first night I was like, I'm really excited. I met the people there. There were lovely people. Yeah, God, they were fucking just so sweet and so lovely and lovely. And so I was starving because I couldn't eat. I ate breakfast and then.
Speaker 1: As little food as I eat.
Speaker 2: If I don't eat, if I don't like grays and I eat like a bird, but I just eat a little bit all the time. If I don't do that, I'm like, nah, so I was a little hungry. But the ayahuasca number one I was warned that it tasted terrible. I fucking loved the taste. Tasted like molet. Maybe it was because I was hungry, but we drank it. We each got at the same time. We went around talked about our intentions and my intention for this for the ceremony I got from Anne Marie, who we've heard on Guys We Fucked previously. She is sat with ayahuasca many times, and so she posed this idea for an attention and I was like, that really makes sense. I don't know if I talked about it last time we recorded, but uh, how can I serve the medicine?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: And I was like, I fucking love that because it's not about me. I don't want it to be about me. I just if there's some like breakthrough I have to or a memory I have to look at, or something I have to chosel through. Great, if that's something that's the best, then I'll do it. But if not, like, how can I be of help? So that was my intention.
Speaker 1: When you say how can I serve the medicine?
Speaker 4: Do you like there's the medicine representative of like humanity or the medicine has.
Speaker 1: A like a spirit to it. It's a mother, it's a motherly spirit.
Speaker 2: And apparently when a lot of people that have said that they will see visuals like you hallucinate, I did not hallucinate at all. But they saw mother ayahuasca as like an insect type of thing, like some type of like.
Speaker 1: You know, freaking well, not freaking a bad way, but just like a like psychedelic insect or something, okay.
Speaker 2: And I didn't see. I didn't visualize. I didn't see anything. But we were all in our yoga mats in the room and there was candles lit. There was only like one candlelight, so was super dark, which you.
Speaker 1: Were vomiting inside.
Speaker 4: That's what I was, because it was like because we were thinking like if it's cold, okay, cold as hell? Yes, I was allowed to say where it was, yeah, yeah, matter, and so yes, we each had like her.
Speaker 2: So the the woman who was a shaman had her daughter, her daughter. She lives with her partner and her daughter who was so cute, Oh my gosh, she was so cute. But it was her little Halloween buckets that we're all vomiting her oh, she's fine, but she like over the years, collected over the years. So we ought and about I don't know, I couldn't keep track of time. I really enjoyed not having my phone on me. That was fucking awesome. I didn't know what time it was. Yeah, I loved that all the food, like a lot of us brang brought food, it had to be organic, no meat, not necessarily vegan, but it had to be organic. And so I really also it made me appreciate what I put in my body, Like in terms of food, you're like, oh damn, I mindlessly shove shit in my mouth that that is just full of sugar. Like it's just so detrimental to you, to your emotional wellbeing and your physical well being. So I really appreciated that part. So when we did the ayahuasca, you just kind of you drink it and then you just wait, and she said, don't purge before ten minutes, like really try to keep it down so they can do its thing. And I was told that it kind of like scans your body. You know, this is all metaphorically, but presumably like scans your body and then if you have emotional blockages, whatever is supposed to happen. Whatever spirits you're supposed to have, you have, and so mine was just chill as hell. I was having fun and the shop high.
Speaker 1: Not really I could. It was hard to tell because it was so dark in the room and I was so hungry, oh that the hunger was really bugging me. So it was hard to tell. I couldn't tell. But I think I was. I was. I just couldn't.
Speaker 2: It was just gentle. It wasn't intense. But then so we all did one cup. Some people did too.
Speaker 1: Oh but before that, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: One of the reasons why I had a kind of profound respect and education for plant medicine this weekend was because I forget what the name of this eye drop is called, but this is their eye drops that indigenous hunters used to use.
Speaker 1: I don't know where they got the drop.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they Maybe they didn't put it in their eye, but it was some kind of natural plant medicine that you put in your eye and she goes. Sometimes I administer this or I offer it to people after the ayahuasca, sometimes before today. I'm gonna offer it before and I was like, what does it do? She's like it grounds you. It grounds you and you're able to see more clearly, and you're and I was like okay, and she goes, it's a little spicy.
Speaker 1: And I was like, it's always going to put something spicy in your eye. Yeah, I was like okay.
Speaker 2: So then she starts going around to anybody who wants you didn't have to do it, but the one of the g So there was four or sorry eight participants like me going there to do the ayauasca to have an experience, to set the intentions, and then there were four sitters, but they all did the ayahuasca. Everybody did. I'm like, they nobody in here that's not doing the ayahuasca.
Speaker 1: I would have felt the same way. That would have made me uncomfortable. Yeah it did.
Speaker 2: But after experiencing the weekend, I'm like, Okay, I guess that's just how it's like. It almost is like, well, maybe it's disrespectful to not do it or something like That's kind of what I gathered by the other weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay. And so the spicy little eye drops, I forget what they're called. When I tell you, Oh no, Christina.
Speaker 2: First of all, I felt my eye was like bothering me a little bit on the drive up, and I was like, oh, whatever, And I have eye problems. I have very Jewish eye problems, like Jewish stomach and Jewish eyes, and I get stop a lot. And I felt like something kind of bubbling in my eye and I was like whatever, and it did it.
Speaker 1: It seemed minor, but who knows. So I had the spicy eye drops. Oh dear.
Speaker 2: I was like, this isn't a good sign if this is the first thing I'm doing, and this is this is the first reaction I'm having to this whole fucking night.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I like this, but whatever, you gotta surrender and just fucking forget about it. I screamed, motherfuck, Oh God help me, motherfucker. And not only that, I was lying down on my back on the yoga mat.
Speaker 2: I somehow managed to fully flip over onto my stomach.
Speaker 1: I don't know how. I don't know how I did it, and I started crap. It hurt. The pain is going to be felt in future lifetimes for me. I mean, I it was awful. It was awful.
Speaker 2: I'll never fucking do it again. I got angry that it hurt that bad. It would make me lose trust for the person running.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest.
Speaker 2: It did, but then it was regained because I did I did get a stye in my eye. So my eye like had this huge like it looked like a welt in it. Yeah right now, yeah, but you could kind of tell you see here this is where it was.
Speaker 1: A little bit, just so it did heal, Okay, did heal?
Speaker 2: And and perhaps with that because usually a sty if I don't get antibiotic eye drops in it, it lasts for five days for sure, So I could it's possible to credit this medicine with with healing, with the healing of it, and like the progression of like let's just get this stye out of your eye, because it was Berlin before the medicine. Okay, all right, but it hurts so bad.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: And then what was the shaman's reaction? Was that like a reaction that she had seen before.
Speaker 2: I didn't ask, I'm assuming no, Uh well, I was like based on her reaction, Yeah, yeah, well she well she had to go around and like give it to everybody else. So the sitters that were there were like kept giving me tissues my nose. It was just I was expelling stuff, and I was crying because it fucking freaked me out, Like I have, sure nobody likes their eye getting touched. But the one of the things that sold me on these eye drops were how they are ministered. Is you close your eyes, I'm gonna I'm gonna drop three drops on the corners.
Speaker 1: Of your eyes and then you blink. And I was like, sold, motherfucker, I'll do that.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 1: I won't do the hole in my eye open for an eye drop.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'll do it when I'm ministering the eyedrop, but I want somebody else's And so I did that, and it was It wasn't good.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is you didn't seem more clearly after that, No, not at all. Saw worse, saw way worse. Uh fucking sucked. It fucking was awful. And I was so terrible traumatized. Honestly, it was like traumatizing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I haven't pictured my head of exactly how you're reacting to this, and I go, wow, you are correct, Wow wow wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then that takes about fifteen minutes for me to fucking calm down, and then we all get the ayahuasca. We say our intentions. We have a she has I'm sure I know that there are names for these objects that I'm about to describe. I just don't know what these names are. But she had a turtle shell on a stick with feathers coming out of it, you know, yeah, okay, And and we all went around, we shook it, we set our attention, you know, and then we took the ayahuasca and it was beautiful.
Speaker 1: It was like a t et for us. It was like a little uh yeah.
Speaker 2: So it was brewing when we got into the house, and you could smell it and it's it smelled kind of gnarly. But then when you got it in the cup, it just looked like syrup, okay, like with grains in it, like grainy syrup, like dirt, and so it tasted fine, and I was like sick. And then we waited and then we threw I threw up and I was like, okay, cool, Like how long after maybe like twenty minutes. I think the ceremony probably lasted like for five hours, and we started at eight pm, so it was like it was a late late night. And you know, when I'm tired, I'm like, I don't want to be here. I don't want to do this, but I was good. It was stay good and I felt good. I just felt I was more so observing everybody. So I'm like, oh, this person's crying and probably getting something out, and this person is doing this, and this person's dancing and.
Speaker 1: That's really cool.
Speaker 2: And so the next day we did an integration, but we talked about experience.
Speaker 1: What are you meaning for five out? Like are you just sitting sitting there?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: And so another important part was the shaman and a lot of the sitters are singers and musicians, so they played music.
Speaker 1: They had drums there, they had a guitar. Gorgeous singers. Okay, they're good. Yeah, yeah, imagine sucks.
Speaker 4: Prisoner by ayahuasca and then also mad like a struggling folk artist.
Speaker 1: Guys by my EP it's coming out next.
Speaker 2: Year, dude, I fucking I fucking Bailuh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it was about five hours. She asked if people wanted a second cup in the midway. I didn't want one because I was feeling it and I was like, I also also.
Speaker 1: Have a little nauseous. I'm like, I don't want to I don't want to take more.
Speaker 2: And then there was this thing called uh who it's not hookah, it's if you know what I'm talking about, youre probably screaming it into your into your phone. But it's a it's an ancient it's a tobacco, and it's something that it's But she's she sprung this on us, Gotta be honest. She sprung this on us in the middle of the ceremony. And I'm like, nah, girl, I need an advanced notice on these drugs or this medicine that.
Speaker 1: You're because you're already have something in your system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, I don't want to make that decision exactly under the influence basically, I know it's medicine, but still, I mean, yeah, Unfortunately, I was not like carried away by ayahuasca, but a lot of people were, And I'm like, how can they? Like I saw one of the can you sign a contract on ayahuasca? We did sign an NDA, not but yeah, not on it, not NDA, but like a I'm agreeing to do this on my own thing. No, I don't think you could. You shouldn't be able to. But and then so she it was hoopa, I think it was or something like that. Okay, something, So it was this beautiful like pipe, long pipe like that was C shaped and it was powder that she loaded into one end and she blew it into your nose, one of your nostrils as you blew through your mouth.
Speaker 1: Apparently it does all this stuff, but I did not experience that.
Speaker 4: I only other people. I said in my body. That's true, that's yes, that feels so invasive. Yeah, yeah it does. But the yeah, it feels like you know that thing where you suck up you can suck boggers out of your infant's nose.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, that's so disgusting. Maybe it was my baby.
Speaker 2: I would yeah, I was like, wouldn't bother I would do it to Alfred. So we had an integration section. The integration session the next day just talked about what we learned. And then in the middle of the day. So the woman who was the shaman, she was younger than me. I don't know how old, but I'm a guess she was younger than me. That's she's felt younger than me. Her partner, as I was pulling into the driveway at the start of the weekend, he was like limping to his car. Apparently he look the way he looked, and what he's describing. I'm like, oh shit, he has kidney stones. He's going he was on his way to the ar mother and he's like, there's a shooting pain in my lower He looked like shit, like I don't I didn't know. I've never met him before, but he looked like he was in a lot of pain. I was like, oh my god, it's terrible.
Speaker 4: I've been like shake a little Ayah wascon it works so good, buddy.
Speaker 1: Well, he went to the er.
Speaker 2: They took all these scans and stuff, they took all these tests what they didn't.
Speaker 1: Know what it was. And they sent him home and they were like, uh, sorry, and he's like, what the fuck, I'm in so much pain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I've done that a lot many times. So the combo, the cambo, I'm pronouncing it wrong.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's kambo though. Is how it's spelt. That I know is frog poison. So frog poison is yeah. And what you do is you're a love this part. You make two burns in the person's skins, and you wait for it to blister. And he put the frog person in the burn. You put the frog poison in the b What do you burning you with she used an incense stick. Oh okay, so basically a cigarette. Okay, yeah, because whatever, whatever, whatever works. And so when he got home the next day, which was the Saturday, he looked like he was in a lot of pain, and I asked him, like what what? I was like, do I want to do this cample thing apparently supposed to detox you of all the toxins in your body, all the heavy metals.
Speaker 1: And I was like, that seems very.
Speaker 2: Interesting, right, But then I was informed how it's administered and what it was.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, what if I have like a reaction that's not good? I don't know. Yeah, I just I wasn't. I wasn't. I didn't feel safe. So I said a lot of variables here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so but I asked, is it possible to like witness him get it? And she said yeah, for sure. They said, that's our kink. We have been waiting for a woman to come.
Speaker 1: And ask that.
Speaker 2: I took my vibrator when I taught you magic warm, which I was instructed to bring, well, I thought that was weird, but behold, there was a purpose.
Speaker 1: So I watched him.
Speaker 2: I watched her burn him his arms, and then two burn marks in his arms and then put the cambo in his the wound. Why too, I don't know, she said, sometimes people do tens like it's all very's just like she was trained multiple points of entry. Yeah, okay, and she.
Speaker 1: Was trained like she knew her shit. At first, I was like, are you full of shit?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: But honestly I was like, I mean, I kept it to myself, but I was like, I don't know, man, some of this stuff doesn't rub me the right way.
Speaker 1: But as the weekend progress, I'm like, no, you know, you know your shit.
Speaker 2: So that's how you should kind of be going into any situation.
Speaker 1: For sure, It's new for me. I'm just blind. Trust.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that was fun.
Speaker 2: But I watched him, and she said a lot of times the purging could be like violent in terms of like just the act of throat. You're gonna throw up and it's gonna to all the toxins are gonna be like drawn in. That is what it does because it's entering through a burn mark, it's going through all your lymph nodes, collecting all the toxins. And so his face swelled up. He was barfing for like anywhere between five and thirty minutes. That was about twenty and I watched him. I was like, this is really interesting. And then afterwards he looked like a million fucking books and he said the pain was gone. Wow, And I was like, well, god, damnay. I just saw that before my eyes, like he was in pain and then he just wasn't. And I find out it's all trained actors. It's like the hair stuff from Sweeney Todd where all the.
Speaker 1: H So that was really cool.
Speaker 2: And then the second ceremony that night happened, and I again was there's a lot of people like crying and you know, dealing with stuff.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of heavy stuff.
Speaker 2: Let's you know, we didn't no one who's like perfectly fine goes to do ayahuasca.
Speaker 4: Okay, So this I have to tell you this is just so funny because Chloe asked me, I was chloa branch like I was on I went in Chicago this weekend and she was asking about you, and she's liked.
Speaker 1: How's Christine. I was like, oh, christ she is doing great.
Speaker 4: And I was like, she's actually going on an ayahuasca retreat this weekend. And then Chloy goes, no one who's doing great is going on in Ayahuaska.
Speaker 1: Retreat And just the way she said it was just so fucking funny.
Speaker 2: It was very funny and there's definitely a lot of truth to that. Although I gotta say I did I am okay, so, which is nice. But I'm like, you know what, two psychics told me, I was molested as a.
Speaker 1: Kid, and then I did a fucking regression and then I was like there were memories, but I'm like, I still don't know.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, sure, maybe ayahuasca will make me deal with it if it's something that even has to be dealt with. Who if I can live blissfully ignorant to it, God bless right, right right, and so so yeah, I came to the second night and I was like, honestly, if I'm being real, honest, I want to get psychic powers.
Speaker 1: I just do. I want them.
Speaker 2: I apparently already have them, but I want more of them, not more, I want them ream like that is an effect that can happen. You get really psychic and you get really whatever in ayahuasca. Yeah, so the spirit of the medicine like works with you and can and can really a lot of people have reported who didn't ask for this, reported like being super psychic and having like wild lucid dreaming abilities and all this stuff. So I was like, well you had me at that, okay. So I was like, if I'm going to pick an attention, whatever needs to happen, happens. But if I'm gonna pick, like, give me psychic powers and you eat.
Speaker 1: Between the ceremonies, right are you? So right after the ceremonies in the middle of the night, I just fucking stuffed my face. Yes, and you're allowed to okay, You're allowed to, okay, whatever you want.
Speaker 2: And I went like a fucking a stoner at an old country buffet. I mean, Jesus Christ, I hate so much food. And then I got a stomach ache.
Speaker 1: But so then the next day we couldn't too.
Speaker 2: We had a cap to eating at too, so that by the time the ceremony came at eight o'clock, we were like, you know, not full, and so yeah, I was like I really lost my powers.
Speaker 1: But I'm also like here to.
Speaker 2: Serve you too, so if that's better, just looking whatever you gotta do, girl, whatever you want to do. And it was another really gentle experience. I was laughing and there's one point so a lot of people were crying and.
Speaker 1: Are you conversing with each other? Are kind of staying.
Speaker 2: You're on your side and you can't touch each other, you can't talk to each other, you can't like you are, you're not allowed.
Speaker 1: We're experiencing.
Speaker 2: It's an individual experience together interesting, which I really liked that. And one of the sitters the second night, like we all opened up about like our ship that was happening in our lives, or like what our trauma is because we all obviously had it and.
Speaker 1: Some of the stories.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, damn that. You are a strong motherfucker. One of the sitters shared a story about his life that I was like, you are a pretty fucking fantastic human being. And then that night at the ceremony, during the ahuasca, even though he was a sitter, you can't tell how this drug is, whether the drug's going to do to you, right, of course, because I was asking the sitters, I'm like, wait, you're all on ayahuasca, so like what if you are bawling? Yeah, do we come for you?
Speaker 1: Like what's up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's enough of us here that that's not gonna happen okay, and they were lovely. The sitters were just lovely people that I really felt a nice connection with. But one of the sitters that second night had like a moment. But I saw him grieve for a story that he had shared where he acted like the asshole and he was really ashamed of that. And then I watched him, I heard him during the ceremony. I was like, whoa, this is really interesting, like he is going through it. And at the end, we closed it with a fire ceremony where we talked about the thing we wanted to let go and we threw these herbs into the fire. It was so beautiful, and he said, he goes, I feel like I, in a way was able to somewhat karmically repay the person that I fucked over by what I just experienced, because I felt all the shame and all the anger and it wasn't a beating myself up.
Speaker 1: It was like, no, no, you need to fucking feel this.
Speaker 2: And I was like, that's pretty much exactly my interpretation based off here and in.
Speaker 1: Seeing you, Whoa, it was really cool.
Speaker 2: It was really cool and you didn't and you didn't feel like I know, you don't often feel this as much as I do. But like you know, like when I go to concerts are like ruined for me because other people are going through shit like you. So with people going through things this heavy around you, you didn't feel like that like energy got on you. Only because these people didn't suck. If these people sucked, I wouldn't have wanted to take in their grief or their you know, like they were but you said, but you felt like you were taking it in, but it was okay, or you feel like it they it was just it was just in the room. I didn't take it on in any way. I didn't feel bad for them. I was excited for them. I was honestly like, this is going to be so sick for you because that year that I was crying, like scream crying every day, That's what was happening to them. But in like a short period of time, and I'm like, oh, I just raw dogged the release without drugs, but they're using drugs to help facilitate. There was this one, Oh God, this this daughter and her father came and they were they had done the ceremony before, and they were.
Speaker 1: The sweetest, sweetest, sweet sweetest, sweetest people.
Speaker 2: And and she shared, they shared that there was a narcissist, her mother was a narcissist, and that's all.
Speaker 1: That's all. But like I I was so shocked because they were so nice.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe that this man who was married presumably and this woman who was raised by this woman that's true, but they like, they were so nice that I'm like, there was like next level And it wasn't fake.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like they were just genuinely like the sweetest. They were so sweet that I just wanted to protect them. Do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It wasn't in a pathetic way. It wasn't an act, it wasn't a what. It was just like, oh, good for this world, Yes, exactly, That's exactly how I felt about that. And they had great sense of humor or whatever. But you know, and then her dad at a tough time one of the ceremonies, but it was it was beautiful because I was like the people that had a tough time, I was like, man, you're gonna feel it. Yeah, it was so good after this, So the second ceremony, I definitely got like a higher feeling, but I was still like just I was just fucking dancing and I had a scarf on me, and I felt I felt bad.
Speaker 1: I was smiling so big.
Speaker 2: I was so happy, and I felt I didn't feel bad about being happy as people were like, oh god fuck, oh no, you know sure, I didn't feel bad. It didn't feel weird, to be honest, but I felt like I want to be respectful. So for some reason in that moment, I just covered my eyes with my scarf and I was just dancing, sitting down with a fucking giant smile. And I heard one of the sitters at one point go yo look at Christina like hell yeah, girl.
Speaker 1: I was just having the best time, the best time.
Speaker 2: And then when the fire ceremony happened, we talked about what we wanted to let go, and I wrote about She's like, you know the shaan, and was like, I really encourage you. This is not public speaking, this is vulnerability. So I really encourage you to be as vulnerable as you feel comfortable with what you want to say you want to let go, Like, don't just say like I want to let go this and then throw.
Speaker 1: It like really try to like hmm. And so it was beautiful.
Speaker 2: That's where that guy who was the sitter had talked about like he felt like he actually paid karma through this ayahuasca setting because he the person that he had really fucked over that he felt so much shame about he like felt her emotions.
Speaker 1: And I was like, that's beautiful, That's just beautiful.
Speaker 2: And then I talked about I wanted to like go my rage, and I talked about, like, you know, a parent using suicide as a manipulation tactic and not knowing and feeling so bad for them and like heart broken over their sadness, only to realize that they were manipulating you. It's just like such a mind fuck. Obviously a person that does that has a deep sadness. It's just not what I thought it was. So and I really I I haven't talked about this in a minute, because I used to talk about it all fucking goddamn day to anybody would listen, including strangers.
Speaker 1: But just like my mom did this, and then she did this, and then.
Speaker 2: She did this, and it's like I made it my identity and it wasn't cute, but.
Speaker 1: That was part of my healing process. But I kind of was like one of the things I wrote that I I was like, should I read this out loud?
Speaker 2: And people like they don't want to hear the ship, and I'm like, nah, I listen to everybody.
Speaker 1: I love it very fucking Like.
Speaker 2: Every time I had a moment in my life that was a coming of age moment that signified my growth, she robbed me losing my virginity. She robbed me of how that it wasn't like the person I was seeing wasn't that wasn't a good time, but that like she completely tainted all of these seem like experiences that could be beautiful for me. And I know that came from a place of pain, So that's I don't blame her at all for that, but like, also, fuck you you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean? Forgive people for stealing your joy?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, totally, And then when they don't acknowledge it, and when you tell them you stole my joy in these moments and they're like, well, I'm sorry, yeah, like what, yeah, you know. So I think that's where a lot of my rage stems from. Is that and then having a father with a massive temper, massive temper between that and then having a mother who like try to either take her own life or completely literally leave me in a Walmart or leave me in a restaurant when I'm too young to drive and I can't fucking get around anywhere. It's like, dude, you want it to be you wanted the parent you wanted to be, was so not the parent that you were. And partly it was because you couldn't even fucking come to terms with what you did.
Speaker 1: Because that could, honestly, and I still think this could heal everything.
Speaker 2: Ma, if you're listening, is just actually apologizing and like recognizing that I fucked up, which I have heard from her, but still in like there's still defensiveness, and there should be no defensiveness in an apology. And as somebody who gets defensive because I never want to hurt anybody, so when I do, I just feel so ashamed.
Speaker 1: You just got to fucking get over it. Well, yeah, that's I can say.
Speaker 2: That's a problem with an apology because you have to then like admit to yourself how much you hurt somebody. Yes, and that's really difficult for some people.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: And that male sitter who was going through that thing, he he he had, Yeah, he was saying that he he had attributed his tough feelings he was experiencing to this one person that was hurting him, when really he was using that person as a distraction because the person before this he hurt and he didn't want to look at that, so he was just preoccupied with him being abused.
Speaker 1: In a like a relationship.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's very interesting, and also like, what a man. Oh, I love this guy. This guy fucking ruled. He was just a beautiful soul, as were everybody there. They're really lovely and so yeah, so I talked about the rage and I wanted to throw that away and that felt great and then yeah, and then the next day I was ready to get the fuck out of there, and I had to leave early, so I left earlier than everybody else. But I was like, I'm kind of glad that that happened the way that it was.
Speaker 1: Like, it's happening another integration session.
Speaker 2: Oh, and I went first and I had to leave before before it ended, which I loved.
Speaker 1: Hearing everybody's stories. I just like, and it was really cool to.
Speaker 2: Watch a lot of the women in the room were mothers and to watch them talk about their children, and to watch this one girl's dad they were there together.
Speaker 1: He was the sweetest dad.
Speaker 2: Oh fucking fuck, this man was so sweet, and it was very healing to watch a dad be sweet to his daughter. And it was also very healing to watch these women talk about their children in this beautiful way. And of course I don't know the extent of their relationships, but like, I don't even know what they share with me, but it was really lovely and she's great. And then I think that one of the very tiny things that I took away that I'd shared in one of the integration sessions, I thought it was interesting, but it was so little. But I'm like, I have a feeling that the benefits of doing the ayahuasca are going to emerge over time, not as going to be an immediate thing, which is great because that's yeah, I love immediate gratification and this is not that, which is fantastic for me. But the second night when I threw up, I didn't dawn on me until I was throwing up the second time. But when I was a kid, I would always puke always, like I would go to the er a lot as.
Speaker 1: A child, I was violently vomiting, and that to stick I vs me nearly that was a big thing for me.
Speaker 6: Too.
Speaker 1: I was a big vomitter. I vomited in.
Speaker 2: Clothing stores, restaurants, my grandparents anniversary part.
Speaker 1: Did you ever figure out what was wrong?
Speaker 2: I just always know nothing. I don't think anything was wrong. I think I was just my It was just my body's way.
Speaker 4: And to this day, my body's way of expelling things that needn't be inside it is vomiting.
Speaker 1: So yeah, simple as that.
Speaker 2: I realized when I look back at my childhood with all the vomiting, I'm like, that's what that was.
Speaker 4: That was just details. I always looked at emotions. So I loved it because it's almost like I always thought of it. Well, I mean when I was little, I didn't think about it this way, but now as an adult, I always think about it as it's like my body's way of advocating for itself. Like when like just the same way as like me, the person Carenn knows when to get people away, even I have. It's almost like I have my even my actual physical body knows how to do that, and I'm always like.
Speaker 1: Go you body. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Vomiting is a really important part of like the purging process with toxins, like when you drink too much and you vomit, that's your body going.
Speaker 1: You just poison me. And I'm just I know things I don't want to immediately vomit. Yeah, it comes up so fast for me. Yeah, yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: When I vomited during that second ceremony, I realize that every time my whole life up until that point, every single time I've ever thrown.
Speaker 1: Up, which is a lot of times. It's a lot of times.
Speaker 2: When I went to Penn State, I would just drink on an empty stomach and just hug and hug the toy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was always so miserable.
Speaker 2: I was always like, oh, just so hyperbolically miserable, right right, Like it didn't call for that type of misery. Food poisoning kind of does, but like a lot of the vomiting I did, like when I was a kid, I don't think that was food poisoning, who knows, but like, uh, you know, I just was always miserable. I was always like, oh, very Stephen about it, No friend, Stephen, but uh. And I was like, I was in such a great mood during that ceremony, which struck me additionally too, because I was so fucking hungry that I'm it's hard for me to be in a good move when I'm hungry. But I was so giddy and I was like, oh shit, we're gonna purge and it's gonna beautiful and it's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 1: And my inner voice was so nice, and I was like, as I was throwing up, I was like, yeah, girl, you got this, like fucking throw up. Yes.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I've never been in a good mood while vomiting in my life ever. Yeah, And I was in such a good mood as I was thrown up.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, oh my god, I'm in a good mood while I'm pugan. That's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: So I think the value in this ayahuasca thing, at least the more immediate value that I can I can gather, is the is that it was a very gentle experience. And I think that because my own mother was traumatized at the point whether she raised me and it really traumatized me, I think that maybe the mother spirit in ayahuasca was like, we're just be nice to you. We're gonna hold you, and you need a mother energy that is kind and caring and not too invasive and gentle and just lets you be yourself. I was like, well, fucking a, and I think that I've noticed things. I don't know if it's like a like this could all be like a placebo effect. However, I've kind of noticed my thought process in the last two days. I mean, so you're listening to this a lot later, we're recording this kind of right after it happened. But my thought process, I'm actually finally thinking of long term consequences, which was a real bad thing that I was fucking me up for a long time.
Speaker 1: That's where addiction's stem. Sorry, what do you mean? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: So like not like the things that I do immediately if they feel good, but they fuck me up in the long run, So like eating really sugary foods, not having like a good healthy diet and exercise regiment.
Speaker 1: Like sometimes I'm on with it, sometimes I'm off.
Speaker 2: But like drugs just like fucking doing drugs, adderall smoking, all this stuff, like and also like how I treat people, just everything, It's like it all has it all adds up to these long.
Speaker 1: Term consequences of like am I the person that I want to be?
Speaker 2: And so I feel like and I know that a lot of times, the body keeps the score. Besil Vanderkol, who wrote that book, certainly talked about this. When you experience a lot of trauma as a child, your long term the long term part of your brain that does the long term thinking of like, well, this'd be good for me later on is fucking shot. You can, of course regain it back through a lot of work in therapy, but that's one of the things that goes when you're traumatized. So that's why you can make decisions like you're a fucking teenager and you're like, I'm never gonna die because you don't. The part in your brain that is like, hey, let's intervene here and actually do a little checking to see if this is what you want to be doing is virtually dead.
Speaker 1: And that's one of the things that you recovered during therapy. So yeah, so I feel like I could be making this up, but it kind of it does kind of feel like I have more thoughtfulness in that realm. It was really cool. I do I recommend it not for everybody, but I had a great experence. Was very gentle.
Speaker 2: I was so excited to not be wilding out, and at the same time I wasn't like relieved not to be.
Speaker 1: Like, oh thank god, I'm not the one fucking crying and screaming. It wasn't like that at all. It's like, this is nice to be calm, This is just nice. Oh there you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely I'll do it one time in my life. I mean, I'm just because for me, it's like the hesitation is I'm never scared for what's gonna come out of me. I'm always petrified for what's gonna come out of other people.
Speaker 2: And I'm like really choosing to be like because I don't like because I don't know what they're gonna do, and like I saw, I just have like this distrust of like how they're going to react and then how that's gonna somehow affect me.
Speaker 1: Like I'm not scared of anything that's hidden in me.
Speaker 2: I'm scared of everything that's hidden and not hidden in others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 4: And also just like finding someone that I feel comfortable being vulne and it's not like it's not about like that I need someone to feel comfortable about being emotionally vulnerable about because I actually find it very It's easy to be vulnerable emotionally around other people.
Speaker 1: It's literally what we do for a living.
Speaker 4: I find it easier to be emotionally vulnerable around people I don't know than people I do know. In fact, yes, I agree, So the stranger aspect is great, but I'm like, for me, it's more like the uh to feel like physically safe, like if something went wrong, like if this affects me wrong, Like can I trust these people around me to like fucking calm on nine to one one and like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yah, yeah, get me to safety. Yeah, that kind of a thing. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I don't I didn't look this up, but like I don't know if anybody's ever died doing it. I have no idea, Like I don't like, is there a situation that you would ever need to call?
Speaker 1: And I have, I don't know. It kind of drags me.
Speaker 4: I mean, like I didn't do research for ayahuasca, but I did, and it's research for this for DMT about dying. And it's like the those kind of psychedelic drugs have a extremely low rate, like especially the drug killing you. What you have to worry about is that you will react in way that you will put yourself in physical harm.
Speaker 2: Like jump up a roof, you know, try to you can't move like it's like, yeah, a couple of the people that were having a rougher time, like they needed help going to the bathroom, like they needed to be walked in.
Speaker 1: Through the bathroom.
Speaker 2: So you're not you ain't gonna do nothing that's gonna harm anybody, right, And it is very individual, Like you don't even though you're sitting very close on a yoga mat to somebody else, it's still very individual. Were you cold or hot or a bunch of blankets. I went through all the temperature changes. When they put those spicy ass eye drops in my eye, I took my shirt off and I was in my sports broad and I was like, fuck, it hurts so bad that I started profusely sweat.
Speaker 1: It was awful. That doesn't sound great, fucking awful, but but yeah it was.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I was very trusting.
Speaker 2: I came in, uh, cautious in a healthy way, I think, And then I got to know the people, so that was nice, and they and they just happened to not suck. I cannot imagine that every group is like that. Ain't no fuck away every group statistically impossible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there was. There's a couple of men there and they were really lovely.
Speaker 2: The dad, of course was and he was emotional, and I just I just loved him so much. Oh my god, I love that man. And his daughter was so lovely. But then there were two other men there that was just great. They were very they didn't really talk much, very calming, very like. I'm like, okay, I liked I liked the energy. If there was someone there whose energy I didn't like, I don't want to fucking hear you cry.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, I just don't. I don't want to hear your problems. Yeah, I don't want to hear you. But I will say that that the emoting that happens is like a healing thing. So I don't like.
Speaker 2: I don't know if anybody's ever got done ayahuasca and then being like gone on like a cursing rampage or something, or just started screaming like mean things or whatever. I'm sure it's happened, but like it's it's more people dealing with the pain inside.
Speaker 1: Of them, so and it wasn't.
Speaker 4: I feel like, if you don't like someone though like that, they probably need to heal the pain inside of them for sure, for sure, Perc and like I, I and I you know that was my that's my immediate instinct of like, I don't think I would like I just because I was so comfortable with everybody emoting and I didn't take it on in any way. It's because I like their goodness was so clear to me, and if their goodness wasn't clear to me, or maybe I thought they were like kind of motive or whatever, the fuck whatere, the fuck dumb shiit my ego was making up.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. I don't know how I would react to it.
Speaker 4: But there has to be like some piece of at least good intention that you have if you're going on a retreat like that, that you're interested in getting in healing or getting better.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: The only the only type of person I can imagine actually going to one of these retreats and fucking ruining it is like an influencer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the only fucking cunty that would ruin it.
Speaker 2: For everybody is a fucking influencer, right because and I Yeah, again the not having the phone, Yeah, fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: I love that part.
Speaker 4: And yeah, and it was actually not on your phone for like seventy two hours or no.
Speaker 1: We we got them back during the day Saturday, but they shed put them in a box, our phone in our car keys. Oh because sometimes people the market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's like I know again, I was like, why why Marquis began? I was thinking of that, but but it's really like she's like, sometimes people are like so excited about like their revelations that they just want to leave, like oh no, no, no, so I and I and then she said, and actually we do a key party after.
Speaker 1: Who was cocaine? Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was really cool. It was really cool. I it was cool. It was so subtle. It was so nice to have a subtle drug experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 2: I was definitely expecting a wilder story me too. So I got what I needed, you know, that's what you you know, Yeah, you get what you get what you need, not what you want.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that's like really the model for life, the slogan for life. That's Michael, Like definitely not Michael one hundred percent never doing ayahuasca And that's no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I could tell Michael, I.
Speaker 2: Never do it.
Speaker 1: Close minded. Not everybody has to do might have no interest. I mean, I have you got some fears though, of course I do. Oh yeah, maybe you could ask the mother spirit to make Mike fly, oh, fly like a Michael to the see.
Speaker 7: No, you're never gonna catch me doing ayahuascar.
Speaker 1: No we didn't think. I mean, I catch you outside not do an ayahuaska.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll be I'll be not doing ayahuasca.
Speaker 1: Yeah, watching a baseball game, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Dropping ship, ruining the ceremony dropping ship coffin and sneezing. And another thing that this evening was like, you know, substances has been you have been used since the beginning of time, like the second Man found like tobacco and altimately drink something into loom. And then we just didn't want to be rude, but we didn't really know what the guy was giving us. Remember in the forest, Oh, when I wore that sex bathing say that was way too sexy for the occasion.
Speaker 1: We're like, oh, better be drugged than.
Speaker 2: To be disrespectful to them forest man, that's true, and we all try out of the same cup. I remember, I'm like, I didn't care about this German since I was like, I just don't want to can I get my own cup?
Speaker 1: That was because we were on the brink of a pandemic, pandemic or no pandemic.
Speaker 4: I don't like sharing fucking again, that's you know, That's why I One of the thames I hate most about weed culture is the sharing of the joint.
Speaker 1: I find it disgusting. Technically, it is disgusting if you allow yourself to think about it, which you should I don't.
Speaker 3: But uh uh, Typically in ayahuasca ceremonies in Peru or in whatever, you do share the same cup because it's like a communal thing.
Speaker 1: But that we had, we had our own cups. Nice, but uh yeah.
Speaker 2: It also made me have an appreciation for substances, and with weed.
Speaker 1: I've been smoking weed a lot less, but I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, whenever I smoke weed, I want to set an intention and not just fucking smoke weed. I feel like, yeah, like god, damn, with all the respect that we paid to these plant medicines, it really makes me realize how obnoxiously.
Speaker 1: Just lack of daisical we are.
Speaker 2: About the substances in our lives, Tobacco being one of them, cannabis being another one, and and alcohol and alcohol is a grain alcohol comes from a fermented grain. So it's like, you know, these people are using these substances to run.
Speaker 1: Right, and we're just so we're so abusing the beauty in these substances and actually completely missing out on the benefits and doing them too much America, right.
Speaker 2: So it made me like reappreciate weed and like tobacco.
Speaker 1: Like tobacco. I didn't realize tobacco was a very ancient like spiritual drug and part of the hookah, the whomb wherever the fucks.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, I don't I don't remember the name of it, but uh, it was mostly tobacco power specific to type of tobacco leaf powder. But the people that I saw do do the do it, they really like they purged a lot right after. But they also were like describing like these beautiful effects from it. I'm like, fucking tobacco, man, we just fucking smoke a cigarette and the throat on the ground.
Speaker 1: It is so much disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it maybe be more respectful to the food I put in my body, but also the substances and how like they could be incredibly beautiful experiences if don't with respect research in the right setting and intention intention, So I will never again smoke marijuana without setting an intention about even if it's just I just want to connect to my child self.
Speaker 1: Like that's it. So that's my ayahuasca experience. It's pretty good. That's pretty good. Yeah, that sounds great. That sounds super pleasant. I liked it a lot. How are you good? I'm good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I went to uh the witch witch store in Chicago, Mallaway Brothers, and I was like, of course, I was like, hmmm, I didn't I found out the actual brothers owned it, and I go, already, I already don't love it. Well, I like one of the things about which a witchcraft is well, usually both male and female witches are are just whiches.
Speaker 1: Warlock is more like derogatory.
Speaker 4: But like, uh yeah, like I just love how feminine of a religion wicka is. Like that's one of my favorite things about it, that it's super feminine, feminine led like a lot.
Speaker 2: Of the vyahuasca is very divine. Feminine is the whole fucking point of it.
Speaker 4: Even though there are you know, many men who practice uh wiko or magic whatever calling it yeah and so, and of course, so I asked the guy who worked there, like first of all, are these actual brothers? And he was like yeah, And I was like, okay, well I've seen I've seen some things in this store that I haven't seen.
Speaker 1: I was like, I've been to witchcraft.
Speaker 4: Stores all over America and Canada and I've never seen so many animal parts. Because that part, I was trying to be open minded because it was I would almost describe it as like a non denominational, uh, non mainstream religion store because there was a lot of like it was not just Wicco or in paganism. It was like there was elements for food.
Speaker 1: Voodoo. Kabala is still making.
Speaker 4: No no Vudah's actual religion that many people practice, but they do use like animal parts in it, so I can't be And it's also like it's it's yeah, it's I mean in New Orleans, it actually is a really big religion, but like a lot of times they are like you'll see like you know, dead chickens and stuff, and that's and so I'm just not going to partake in anything where we're making animal sacrifices, but sure it's part of it. Yeah, And so you know, I was trying to be non judgmental, but it's very hard for me when there's just like buckets of animal parts and like you know that they didn't just take the boar's nose off when the boar was dead anyway, like something, it wasn't roadkill first. Yeah, so you're just like, oh, there's a lot of animal parts in here.
Speaker 1: But I was like, okay, And then I mean, you can use.
Speaker 4: Animal parts in you know, wicked spells of I mean, I think it's all based on like how it makes you feel. So if you're it's something that makes you feel unomfortable, Like me, I'm never gonna incorporate an animal part into a spell or magic work because I just don't feel and I feel like when you like know about the foundation of I mean I could see using an animal part if the animal was dead anyway, for sure, because it's very into like using all the parts and like not wasting. But to me, to kill an animal, yeah, I just don't see, like to I don't know anyway.
Speaker 1: But I was like trying not to be judgmental.
Speaker 4: I was like, there's other things in here besides what you do, and most people think what you do is crazy, so that's fine.
Speaker 1: But then I asked the guy about.
Speaker 4: It, and he was like, yeah, the brothers, they just wanted a place where they could do the most hardcore stuff.
Speaker 2: And I was like, of course, but even men had a step into witchcraft and making.
Speaker 1: As possible. I was like, some things don't need to be hardcore. Yeah, but it made me laugh.
Speaker 4: It was a really it was a really one of the best stories I've been to. But I was like, I could have done without that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was fun and we were we were with the guy the comic who was hosting UH for the weekend or a shout out Eric Freddie and I you know, most times you know a man who's not into that kind of thing, UH kills the vibe.
Speaker 1: But he was so great. Yeah, and he was so like sport.
Speaker 4: Interested and curious and not just respectful, didn't try to rush us because it wasn't something that he was into.
Speaker 1: Like me and Chloe were in there, We're doing spells, we're.
Speaker 2: Doing making bottles, we're taking I mean, we took our time good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And he was like so nice the whole period time. So I was like, I was just like, this is just Eric Freddy, no no red flags, which is almost impossibility. I know, I told her, I said, I've been scanning you all weekend. I said, I've been looking for problems that are coming from me, quite honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, going out of my way to find them. Yeah. Great, and I didn't. So that was lovely.
Speaker 4: But I mean that was kind of like the culmination, not the culmination, but it was. It was very on theme for all the things I've been working on this year, because like you know me, I love to produce. I love to you know, uh, have achievements. I love a certificate or an award. And I really didn't do anything this, you know, from the from an outspotsider's perspective, I probably made very little progress in my career or life this year. But internally, I feel like it was probably one of the most life changing years of.
Speaker 1: My life so far.
Speaker 4: On the inside, yeah better, I mean also, and I mean, listen, the year's not over yet, so I don't certainly don't want to jinx it, but like you know, also going off of what has was the worst year of my life so far, twenty twenty two, and listen, I'm sure there will be worse years and I'm ready for them. It was, you know, it did twenty twenty three didn't have to do that much to deliver. You know, the bar was well, the bar was extremely no relative deaths, yeahah yeah, but it was great because I set a lot of you know, intentions that you're talking about to you know, when I was trying to work on things, especially after my dad died, I wanted to work on things that weren't like achievement based in the human realm, you know, like not like you know, get this many views or do this special or get this job, like those things seemed kind of meaningly to be honest at that period. And I certainly didn't want to focus on relationships since I had just exited one, because I wasn't in a place to be going through that. So I had to find other, you know, ways to find achievement. And I did find that in like reconnecting with like, you know, Wicca basically that I had you know, always been interested in, but you know, since I was like a had placed on a bit of a shelf since I was in middle school or high school, and then to repick up something that I had a love for and a genuine love for as a child and reconnect with it and get really into it in a way that I you know, as an adult, that I can you know, grasp some of these concepts at a much higher level, have a much stronger intuition. You know, am an adult living on my own, so it can set things up in my house. Like it's been, it's been extremely gratifying in a way that I never expected.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: And also, I know, like a lot of people started, you know, reaching out to me about like you know, taro and witchcraft and advice, and I'm like, I will talk about it from time to time, but I gotta be honest, I'm not going to respond to any of those because it's like, really, I really needed one thing for me. And so there will be no wickup podcast. There's not going to be a live stream about WICCA. I'm not going to be giving my top ten recommendations for witchcraft, like you know.
Speaker 1: That is uty something for you. It's a really personal, you know thing.
Speaker 4: The more reason I talk about it more is just because it's been a big part of my year, and also I guess to take the stigma off of witchcraft a little bit, yeah, sure, But other than that, like yeah, I kind of like, you know, people ask me, can you do a tarot card reaing for me. No, I can't do any of these things because it's been that's when I think the most important thing. It's like there has to be something for me and something especially because one of my greatest joys, you know, writing and comedy, you know, became my career.
Speaker 1: So then I don't have a private hobby for me.
Speaker 2: And so it's almost like my exploration into you know, spirituality or casting or any of that kind of stuff that it's like my own thing for me.
Speaker 1: And I've also like even.
Speaker 4: Uh not gotten new friends, but like uh takeing front existing friendships to new levels because I feel like there's like an understanding between witches. It's been funny because I totally I see people like making fun of me about it online and I go, that's.
Speaker 1: Fine, Yeah, that's for your life, loser.
Speaker 4: That's been my whole life, you know, people attempting to make fun of me because I'm doing something weird, and it's like that's okay, yeah, that's your thing, my thing, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Which is dumb because weird it's so fun. I don't mind that's unique, but okay, you just don't get it. Yeah, it's all good.
Speaker 1: You're just a loser. I don't even think that.
Speaker 4: I'm just like, you know, you don't get it. It's okay, Yeah, that's great. Michael thoughts on this year the thing intentions were setting for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: Weird tensions intentions for twenty twenty four primarily to take a little bit better care of my I guess narrowly, i'll say body like my health. Yeah, because yeah, I said the twenty twenty three was spent A lot of time was spent in a in you know, building the studio, so I.
Speaker 7: Neglected some part.
Speaker 5: But it's not Health is broader than just you know, like I wasn't gonna put like like any kind of like weight loss and get goal on it. I just like sure, I had a lot of moments this year where I really felt unhealthy, and it went beyond like feeling kind of heavier.
Speaker 7: It was more.
Speaker 5: Like like, all right, I'm thirty, I'm thirty four. Now I can't just like I can't do the things that I could do in my mid twenties. I have to I can't just like coast on being like I'm young.
Speaker 2: I can't just continuously go hard, not create it, take it harden to paint for that long exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, It's like it's like a real uh, just adjustment to just be like a lifestyle change as opposed to being like I'm gonna lose ten pounds at the onset.
Speaker 7: It's just like make sure I'm moving.
Speaker 5: My body and like going to the gym and don't have days where I'm like just sitting at my desk for eleven hours or like whatever.
Speaker 7: You know. So that's the big one.
Speaker 5: But overall, the other thing was that I think that I think twenty twenty three was definitely a year of growth. It was kind of a year where I definitely laid some groundwork, both personally and professionally, which is kind of a boring thing while it's happening, I think totally, it's not all that exciting.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 1: See an immediate reward from it. Yeah, so I'm hoping I've been laying groundwork since twenty eighteen. Page.
Speaker 7: I know I've felt that alsime, but I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, like I think romantically, I had a very odd year, and that's the only way I can describe it. Not necessarily good, not really necessarily bad, just kind of like it's strange. You know what I mean, Like, like I felt like I really moved past like that relationship with lex and who well.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't believe you said her name.
Speaker 7: Wow, I'm not saying it's a trash her.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 7: I felt like it's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 7: But like I felt like I moved past that. And then like that's incredible, got involved.
Speaker 5: With somebody who like broke my heart the this year it's just like it just the fucking the ship storm never ends. And then and but we we've had all these conversations about, you know, the last month, I guess, or maybe a little bit longer, we've had a lot of conversations about like men breaking up with women and kind of and I think a lot of that I feel uncomfortable saying it now, but like, like cryptically, some of that was me dealing with being with a person who I kind of wasn't one hundred percent sure about and had to I had to do that.
Speaker 2: So our podcast bullied you into doing the right thing.
Speaker 5: It's not that it bullied me. You know when when this happened, I felt very guilty about it, and I was texting you about it. Can just kind of saying like, man, I now this is really this is the gist of it. This is why men don't do this. Yeah, because this this is a person that I broke up with that didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I almost wish she was like a drunk or to totally.
Speaker 4: But I love it and I love that you said that to me because we had a conversation about like, you don't have to do something wrong, the butther person doesn't have to do something wrong, doesn't have to catch fire.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so this was the thing.
Speaker 5: I think that this was a kind of you know, this is something that happened towards like not too long ago, and I think that that has sort of springboarded me into thinking about twenty twenty four, like how to I just want to be in like a not that I don't think I'm like a nice, good person now, but I want to be. And truthfully, some of this has to do with we meant I think we mentioned it in another episode, but like we lost Kenny DeForest who as a comedian, and it does make you think somebody that that like dies tragically that young. The one thing I can kind of say about him, having not really known him very well, is that the community at large has nobody is a bad thing to say about the guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and you know it makes you think, oh, how will I be remembered too?
Speaker 7: Exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's all this stuff now about this guy going he was an organ donor and he stayed five people with his organs.
Speaker 7: Like it's just like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, classic Kenny. So helping people after you die.
Speaker 5: I love that it puts you in the situation where like, like it's weird that I'm putting a breakup in with, you know, the loss of a of a peer.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 5: Losses yeah, well, and it's just like I feel like, you know, I feel like I handled that situation really well with this this girl that I this woman that I broke up with, and.
Speaker 1: You're saying, woman stricting yourself.
Speaker 7: I always try.
Speaker 5: She handled it with so much class and the way that I figured she would because she was, you know, so great.
Speaker 4: But that also means that you're read on people is getting better, right, because like how someone reacts when you break up with them is really I think, like really shows their character, right yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And then for me, like that was.
Speaker 4: What's like that was like definitely what was when I was reflecting and or really depressed over the Frank break up more than losing Frank, who wasn't I knew even the moment he broke up with me we weren't compatible. I knew before he broke up me to me that we weren't compatible long term. But I was like, you really need to reflect on why you reacted in the way that you did, because it was fucking crazy.
Speaker 5: Well, and this is the thing, So this was the first time that like, I got dumped by somebody that I really think that I fell in love with this year, even though we weren't together for very long, and obviously I was in a relationship with this person who I broke it off with. And I feel like I can really hold my head up high the way that it's just a sad thing.
Speaker 7: It had to happen right waste her time.
Speaker 5: Like I realized that it was like time to go, and I was as direct as possible with her, did it face to face. I looked her in the eye and loved her the uncomfortable bad news. I love all this because I have made respect for her and it was just idea.
Speaker 7: We didn't leave.
Speaker 5: We didn't end that night thinking that the door might still be open, Like the door could be open for us to be friends. I don't think she wants.
Speaker 4: That the door was closing. You let her know and then so it's like it's like it because it hurts in that.
Speaker 2: Moment more, but long term, the wound will heal so much faster exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not like this fucking cowardly snake in the grass that that like just has run away from me basically kind of like leaves the door open.
Speaker 7: We have a I'm not going.
Speaker 1: To love cowardly snake in the grass. Yes, truth.
Speaker 4: As much as we heal on cast, we will still petty and that is part of the brand. And we're not trying to fix it. We're not trying to fix it. Maybe maybe accept it because we're enjoying it.
Speaker 5: I was bitching to Christina about this, like right before we started recording, and I was like, I was like, you know what, like maybe this is like to basically tie this all together. I do think this is sort of like a step into real adulthood, where.
Speaker 7: In the past where I've kind of a man broken it off.
Speaker 1: With do you feel like a man? Yeah, it's true, I would hope so at this point. Yeah, you've been through a lot, you know.
Speaker 5: But in the past I would I'd break it off. I had broken it off with women, and I've kind of like lied about why I didn't want to be with them when it was clearly just I wasn't that into I. I I've used like my own mental health as which I'm ashamed of now, as all the reason that I can't be with somebody.
Speaker 1: I've done it, but I was lying. I actually haven't done it. The one time I said it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right now, I said we all done it, And I've done it a lot as a lie. No, no, because I'm too fucking pussy to say the truth. And it's like that's disrespectable to me and to that person, right.
Speaker 5: So I'm like happy that even though that didn't go like like have a lot of legs, this was a really wonderful person that I feel like at least I I did them the proper service and showed them the proper respect, you know, And in a year where I don't feel like I have gotten that from a lot of other people, I just want to keep you know, That's what I want to do, and it's it's beyond just romantic relationships like twenty twenty four, I really want to like, I want to focus on doing the right thing and being as good of a person as I can be, because you know, I just don't want.
Speaker 7: It like hurts. It hurt.
Speaker 5: I feel bad when I don't feel like I've done the right thing. And at least once the dust settled with the ending of that relationship, now I feel like I did the right thing. I felt it felt weird for about a week because I was just like, like, it's weird that I'm not going to have this person in my life anymore.
Speaker 7: And she didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 5: It wasn't working for me, And like now I just feel like I think you've said it in the past, like given the gift of your time back, not wasting your time, not.
Speaker 1: Letting the careen remembran It's a beautiful gift.
Speaker 4: I've given a lot of my friends that talk about just give this person their life back to save them at back.
Speaker 5: That's that's my plan for twenty twenty four is to be healthy and live virtuously.
Speaker 2: Integrity, to live in your integrity, right, yeah, yeah, we're all living our truth.
Speaker 1: It feels really good to be in integrity.
Speaker 2: Even if it's like uncomfortable, it's still at the end of the day like still like, yeah, it s fel uncomfortable, but I also, deep down, not even that deep, no, it's the right thing to do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I.
Speaker 1: Can't put a christ tile on that. Baby. Guys, we've grown. Do you have an attention for twenty twenty four? I don't know, you know what.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't usually like I don't well, I don't like to set like big New Year's resolutions. But I also feel like, especially the second half of this year, like I think like once summer was on, because I was the year I woke up. I mean I was like just rock really really bad last year, and I remember waking up out it know, at three pm on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 1: I was like or whatever, wildly late time.
Speaker 4: I was staying in so I was just like sleeping to like, because twenty twenty two felt like it lasted forever. Every day felt like a century to get through. So I just started sleeping a lot just to make the fucking time past totally, because I was like, I fucking cannot do this anymore. And I just woke up on New Year's Eve and I was like, Corinne, this has to be over.
Speaker 1: Now. This you have to have.
Speaker 4: You don't have a choice, no matter what happens, you have to have a good twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: And I went and I had an appointment, you know, at.
Speaker 1: The dry bar. Is that what it's?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, dry bar to get well, not to get my hair braided, because I was like, I'm blow out.
Speaker 1: I can do my self.
Speaker 4: My hair is so straight, but I'm like I want yeah, you had like the two I wanted French braids, and I was like, we're just gonna do your hair. And I got a dressed and like I was, you know, at least I was starting at the point where I felt like, you know, had had done a lot of work.
Speaker 1: I did a lot of work on my.
Speaker 4: Physical health last year because I felt so terrible physically and so like I looked good, really good.
Speaker 1: On New Year's Eve, but I still wasn't feeling super good.
Speaker 4: Whereas this year, I look at it and I feel good and I put on my dress and I was like, I'm gonna have a great show and we're gonna have a great party.
Speaker 1: And it was great. It was probably one of my favorite New year's of all time.
Speaker 4: It was truly truly great, and I think it really set off the year amazingly.
Speaker 1: And then we went to the Avians.
Speaker 4: Which was super fun, and I went to Ireland, which I really enjoyed, Like I enjoyed it so much more than I expected.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And so there was a lot of good things, but there was still like especially a lot of.
Speaker 4: Like like I I dated and fucked some of the lowest.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: I hit rock bottom with that dick with some of these guys. And this is not about one person, about multiple people, and but I need to I needed to like clean out my closet in that way totally. And it really actually was beautiful because it gave me a lot of clarity and I had a lot of like realizations about like what I need and what I'm looking for and uh yeah. And then so second part of the year just like very minimal, you know, if any, the sexual interactions and you know, and got really into the I just in a much better place.
Speaker 1: So I just want to kind of like keep writing.
Speaker 4: The spiritual wave that I am currently in, the groove that I'm in where I feel great and good and connected. Alfred and I this sounds crazy, but like I feel like I not that I'm a romantic relationship with it, but I feel like Alfred and I work on our relationship as like a as a I call him my best friend, not my son, so like as my best friend.
Speaker 1: And like even though he can't talk to me.
Speaker 4: Like, I know this is weird to say, but I feel like what people talk about in marriages, where they get to like newer and deeper levels of understanding with each other.
Speaker 1: I feel like me and Alfred do that. I understand that.
Speaker 4: And I feel like like just like we get to like we're just like in such like a fucking groove.
Speaker 2: We'll give each other a look, I'll know, like we we just get each other, Yeah, in a deep west.
Speaker 1: So rewarding to have that with an animal. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I've had connections with and I mean me and Pinkerton very close, you know, you know, maybe notice that not more, but just like yeah, like you know, she was very intimately.
Speaker 1: It's weird that you know your roommate has it. That and I have typ of a bond as you do with you. Listen, Pankerton's one of my spirit guys.
Speaker 2: You know, he's no longer one with us I feel like he definitely is looking over me.
Speaker 1: He was so special.
Speaker 4: I always have a real deep you know, because even when I anytime I do like a spiritual thing or a regression, you know. I think some people see flower, I always see nature, and I always see animals, and I never see humans guiding me. Yeah, you know, it's always animals and nothing should you. It's not even necessarily animals, I know, you know, it's just animals. Like a lot of times, you know, my visions are kind of like, yeah, I don't even talking about because but but yeah, it's just very animal based always, and so yeah, I have this and I almost are the truth almost. Yeah, I feel like I was working on that a lot. And I also, you know, not only my own health was I working on. We were worked on Alfred's health for quite some time. Yeah, so that was, you know, at the forefront of my mind. And yeah, so keep like riding this same wave, especially you know, the second half of twenty twenty three wave into twenty twenty four, and to not so much think of it as a new year, but as a continuation of this, like I did, I like, for the first time in a long time, I don't need a fresh start for twenty twenty four, and it feels really good.
Speaker 1: I don't need a fresh start. I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can can just continue to look. I can look at January first as just kind of a continuation. And uh, I mean you know, I hope my career does better a fox with that.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, girl, twenty twenty four would be our year, you know. But I'm very comfortable. That's good.
Speaker 4: That's great, that's good, and no matter what you know, but again, gonna be disappointed if it doesn't progress better.
Speaker 1: But that it's okay. I've learned how to deal with this appointment better. That's good. That's good. All right, guys, what a time, What a time, the time we've had. Yeah, what do you hear? I think four is gonna be all our ears? Wow?
Speaker 2: All I know that's a big thing to say. Zero zero deaths zero, No, definitely gonna be death.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well the thing is okay, can't avoid that.
Speaker 4: Just to touch on Kenny Diforest a little bit, because I mean, oh god, I.
Speaker 2: Uh, he has been all my mind. Yeah, since you texted me, Yeah, all day, all the time. I just I keep thinking about him, and I don't want to pretend like we were closer friends when we than we were, because I mean, what a what a comedian move, right, But.
Speaker 4: I think what we're seeing with Kenny is he's one of those people that made you us all feel really important, whether we had you know, a mile to whether we were or not. It's also like I've known him, so even though you know he wasn't my closest friends, I've also known him for like a decade at this point, one of the first people the same time in our class of comedians, right. And so yeah, I found myself crying multiple times over death, deeply deeply in Chicago.
Speaker 1: I mean that's because you where he was from.
Speaker 4: So I think I felt closer to him there, right, and I and I had also he had just moved back to New York, so I hadn't seen him in a long time. And then I had seen him multiple times literally a block away from me at a comedy show that happens down the street from my apartment, right, And so I had just had multiple interactions with him, and that always like makes people, you know, people like to reminisce about that. And I and I was like, with all the spiritual practices that you've done this year and all the time that you've spent thinking about death in the past several years, Like, you know, how do you come to terms with this?
Speaker 1: And quite simply I just thought about it.
Speaker 4: It's like we all, you know, like Michael Michael said, like a real masterclass in the kind of life to live because comedians love talking trash and I truly haven't heard one bad word about Kenney.
Speaker 1: And we would have heard bad, oh, we would have heard it. You know.
Speaker 4: I was always laughing to myself because like often when someone dies, like but the first thing I do is in my head, make a list of all the other people i'd rather I have seen die, And it's almost.
Speaker 1: Every pretty much everybody there. It comes to Kenny, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: So, and then I was trying to think of like good, you know, it's like, wow, no one has a bad word to say about you, So why is it you that die at thirty seven in a pretty horrific manner. I'm just going to come out and say, in an e bike accident that seemed pretty fucking gruesome. And but but I I then I was reading all the things that people were saying, and I'm like, I honestly think it's just because his soul completed its journey before us, because he's better than us.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree. I was thinking about that same thing, because he finish the fu he finished the test early. Yeah, yeah, done, he gets to move on to something better early because he's better than us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Yeah, and I think.
Speaker 2: But it's also a more powerful thing when you when somebody who's just lovely, just fucking lovely and really funny and really kind and really just cares goes so soon you're you're in wile to what you're saying. There's just all these pieces of shit walking around just fucking living.
Speaker 1: They have so much more healing to do on their soul journey. Yes.
Speaker 2: And the impression that the when you texted me that he had passed away, mmm, I like fell over. I was like, well, I was so shocked by it and like upset and so and it's because he was so lovely and great and just my heart goes out to his family and his partner and oh my god, in the fucking comedy community of Chicago, New York, they're just fucking reeling right.
Speaker 1: Now in LA because he spent a long time there too, right, Yeah, because he lived in La for before we move back right now.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, it is almost like it makes a huge it's a powerful thing in all of our lives that he went as early as he did.
Speaker 1: Like it because it makes you go, how do I want to be remembered?
Speaker 2: And it makes you realize that every single interaction that you have with somebody can like make or break their day, and just being like just smiling at a stranger, like a genuine like hey, you know, smile can make somebody's whole day. And he like lived in a very Jesus type way when you think of Jesus as like a just like a cool dude, you know, like a nice guy who was not judgmental, And it's like, wow, he had this like Jesus quality to him and he died young, and that makes his legacy more powerful, uh in a way, because it's like there's something about death that's really like it's you just look at them totally different, like they went through this thing that we're all going to have to go through that is, you know, scary, because the human ego is terrified to die because we're wired to survive. But then you just relook at that and you just like the lessons that you gain from that person and from knowing that person just kind of hit in a completely different, harder.
Speaker 1: Way after they've passed away. It's really strange.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I was like, I was like great. At one point, I made myself cry because I was like, I wonder if Kenny I forgot to have a dog, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Thinking about it.
Speaker 2: But then I was like yeah, I was like, it's just you know, yeah, when you look at it, and then of course you know you can't help.
Speaker 1: It's not even egotistical. It's just like the human condition.
Speaker 2: You start thinking about, like what would people say, you know, if I was the one to die, It's like, oh, a lot of people would be happy, And then I like, sup, further, yes, But the thing is, the people who would be happy it's not because I was mean.
Speaker 1: To them, because they were meaning themselves.
Speaker 4: Exactly, and so I'm comfortable with that, even though that's not that's very different from Kenny left. Kenny left, I'm like, oh, I'm I go. But then why would people be happy? It's because because I made them feel uncomfortable, and I'm fine with that and I'm not looking to change that.
Speaker 1: I think it's like when we.
Speaker 4: When you make others unhappy or sad or angry, I think, I don't. I don't immediately go, I don't stop that, or how do I rectify that? I go, Why am I making them sad or angry? And is that something I'm looking to fix? That's the question you asked. It's exactly.
Speaker 1: It is not inherently bad to make someone sad or angry.
Speaker 2: Right, because a lot of times it has to do with their own insecurities and powers.
Speaker 1: We're all projecting most of the time.
Speaker 2: So it's like, who we like is is a projection of ourselves, and who we don't like is a projection of ourselves.
Speaker 4: It's like who I am on my pan on the planet, and my mission is I'm not I'm not Kenny. I'm not someone who's here to make everyone feel good and happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I know that I've known that for a long time. That's not my journey, my purpose. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And we all have our own individual fucking purposes and it's really Yeah, it's fascinating. I would like to take some of Kenny's qualities into twenty twenty four with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kindness and patience, Yeah, And I mean I think a lot of people kind of mentioned, uh, this is actually similar to Suzanne Summers because her whole family has been posting like they did a tribute to her, and like so her son spoke and her her partner spoke, and yeah, she actually seems to share a lot of the qualities that Kenny had. Making you feel like you're the only person in the room, which is a magical quality. We all know some people who have that. I don't have that quality, but I love that. I love that quality, and it's a quality that you know, even when you can see through it, it makes you feel good. Ash Austin Morris has that quality. Yes she does, she does.
Speaker 1: I wrote a joke.
Speaker 4: I was trying to write a joke about Ashley Austin Morris, like because when I went to her, I felt like we had a really special connection, and not that we don't. But then I went to her wedding and I was like, huh, everyone feels like they have a really special connection.
Speaker 1: Actually everybody was like, you.
Speaker 4: Know, when you go to your friend's wedding and then you realize your friend is cheating on you and everyone, But I think Kenny had that same thing. Yeah, you know, yes, and that's why everyone feels like they lost a good friend.
Speaker 1: Not that he was, you know, it's like we were, you know, I was like friendly. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if I have his number on my phone, you know, right. But it's just like he made you know, he really had that quality.
Speaker 1: He was a kind motherfucker man. Yeah, kind motherfucker oh man.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, rest and peace, Kenny, Yes, and please go, uh go to his instagram and if you feel so inclined, watch his comedy special. Yeah. I watched it the other night and it was really good. It's called don't you Know Who? I Am streaming free on YouTube?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Kenny DeForest Instagram is k e n n y d E f O r E s T. It made me so happy that he was able to get hit. It's almost that again.
Speaker 4: Isn't that so weird that he had released a comedy special mirror months before he passed away. It's almost like the universe was like, collect your thoughts and put them.
Speaker 1: Out there for the round. Yeah. I was so.
Speaker 4: Happy that, like from an artistics fans standpoint, that he was able to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that we can all have that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he can his thoughts live on, fucking Kenny Man, his thoughts and his work.
Speaker 1: We love you, Kenny, all.
Speaker 4: Right, all right, well, sending guys off into a wonderful twenty twenty four this. Thank you so much for all your support this year. We appreciate it. Be safe, treat yourself well, treat others well. This has been Guys, We Fucked, the anti slut chaming podcast. We'll talk to you next Friday.
Speaker 2: I don't want to try.
Speaker 4: Guys We Fucked is presented by Luminary, Created and hosted by Karin Fisher and Christina Hutchinson. Editing and music coordination by Mike Coscarelli. Theme song by Rob Patterson and Jake Cozen.
Speaker 1: Suck my wet ass pussy. Christina said to cut that before, but now it's in air. Yeah, let's keep it. Who cares?
Speaker 6: Waiting for a sign? Think I've had enough? I guess I got to get.
Speaker 3: Used to.
Speaker 6: Not telling you the stupid little things, the stupid little things.
Speaker 2: You won't be here.
Speaker 6: See, like how I spent my week. I think I grew a little more than you.
Speaker 1: I've been digging deep.
Speaker 6: You're still pushing.
Speaker 1: Stubborn to a fault.
Speaker 6: You would say, the same. I'm not perfect. I will share the lady. Yeah, So, how to get used to not telling you the stupid little things? The stupid little things you won't be here to see, like how I spent my week, like what's been on TV? Or how I could see. I still love you, you know I do. I just to show. But life is so long. I guess I'll how to get used to
Speaker 1: I'm not telling you to