Speaker 1: H there's the La Grandi, then the Los Angeles a la sure passano, la fronte electric either in hey storys o lo chargers, tlamagosvenidos, sound edition mass, the pudo chargers round the gallat and Porada Paine teventy trace like her repetis so run the galla teventy trace, okay I knew or in to documents in Jacksonville, he said, a road time in Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: But all be that.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen it in the color and you can sparava pot yeah, born Guentanueva almost a plat garvet paso pro in Benia pa Lista is the sperandostan the spiral grand Gerald see yes.
Speaker 4: So buens deder Perola Reconstructionsian Rascian.
Speaker 3: Communes, reconstruction clo always and for every woman moment Gerald are pancho. Now are you ready to do this right a cappella, Let's do it the way we do read or let's get ready you you you give the three tow let's go in three two one oh way way way and Gerald Edmano, thank you for joining us here and put chargers as you know, and that's that's how we we give you some love on the tep down and especially when you and justin just getting into that flow and that connection table for two in the end zone that I'm not now take us through this. This has been probably as tough of a season as you've had professionally, especially given the talent on this squad that this should have could have again that should have, could have, would have stuff. But this was the year Gerald where right now the chiefs, I mean the traffic that is the AFC and it was all there for the taking. But okay, just redraw it. What are you credit all this too? And words of mentality at this point, well, it's.
Speaker 5: Tough to pinpoint something to credit, you know, our unsuccessfulness I guess, or our failures this seasons.
Speaker 6: As a whole.
Speaker 5: I would probably say just the accountability just not executing really, and I would have to say the last one will be disciplined in my personal opinion, just like you mentioned, this being one of the only seasons I've had of this nature, and you can't just you know, take it, roll with the punches, take it how it comes, and you know, just remain optimistic.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 5: Obviously we had some changes from the coaching staff and you know, we're gonna see how that unfolds and who who's coming back and who's not, and business is business. But yeah, I mean, you know, it's still a professional game, and you know, we all put our heads together and we're just trying to get this last one and in a great opponent in the Chiefs and all their success they've been having. So we're gonna go out and we're gonna try to play our best game.
Speaker 4: Gerald, I love what. I don't know if you had a chance to hear Mike Bravel, the Tennessee Titans coach, when they ask him about this idea that some fans have of well, you guys have to lose so you'll get a better draft pick, you know, and he literally said, you know, I can't repeat it, you know what coach said, because nothing sucks more than to lose a game, you know, for the professional athlete, for the one that lifts of this. None of you guys are thinking in the draft pick. I mean, you guys just want to win this game. People sometimes not all, but sometimes people don't understand how much you invest in this game and how hard is to lose and to have a season like this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we invest a ton of hours, ton of man hours, turn of energy and focus and mental capacity really goes mainly toward this. You know, we come in between these walls seven am, leave four or five o'clock, so and that's just at work.
Speaker 6: You know, you go home, you have the extra stuff.
Speaker 5: So a lot of people don't see the stuff that goes into a weekend and week out, and it's very frustrating when it doesn't fall for us. But that's the nature of the business. And like any other job, I mean, it's not going to be guaranteed that you're going to get the result you want. So you know, for us, it's just staying focused and putting our best foot forward, like I mentioned before.
Speaker 6: But you know, yeah, every team, every player, every.
Speaker 5: Coach invests in this business, into the plan, into the organization, into themselves day in and day out, and more times and not people fall short. You know, the Super Bowl only has one winner, yep, playoffs only have a head full of teams, and you know, so a lot of a lot of players find themselves in the situation that we're in now.
Speaker 6: So it's just a part of the part of the game. Really. You can't question it.
Speaker 5: Obviously, you go to the drawing board and try to identify the weaknesses and where things went wrong. And that's what we did each time we lost. But you know, with talent, you have to have the production that matches, and we just didn't have the production.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, you make a great point there is just keeping the professionalism and focus on the positives. When you can focus on the positives, take us through the positives that you're gonna gather from twenty twenty three. I don't want to focus on just you know, the things that went wrong. Let's talk about what might have gone right here. As far as individual stuff is concerned, you know, I think that we've seen some young players emerge. I like, you know, a lot of people criticize Quinton Johnson for everything that he's gone through, but you see the kid working and battling and assuming all responsibility.
Speaker 2: Yet he's still working and that mentality.
Speaker 3: I see you the way I know you and I have chat in the past where you guys have that warrior mentality, like you know what, just we say it in Spanish, just like erase it, flooshit, move on, next play, next snap. And I've seen some positives from the young players this year in the building and what's going to be in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my experience in this season really is a was a whirlwind. I mean, obviously it's a lot of ups and downs that go into the nature, but just through the wins and losses, I did think that we took some steps on offense and on defense. I think that we put some good performances together, just ultimately didn't finish the game and where we wanted to, what we aim to and h in my own words, I mean, finishing is the is the job, you know, and if you don't finish, and that means that something went wrong along the way, where it be Monday or Tuesday, or Friday or Saturday, whether it be a detail, or whether it be just not executing or not an non ideal play call or something that just didn't fall for us. So but and to your point in Quenton and young younger player development and here, yeah, he's been fighting, he's been fighting his tail off, and you know, a lot of a lot of that pressure comes with being a high round pick. And in myself I was a higher round pick as well, so I kind of can relate to him in that facet of you know, just people having the opinion of them, or just knowing what you truly possess and then just not coming to fruition just yet. But you know, for him, it's going to be staying focused, keep working at it until it falls for you. And then when when you do get to where you think you're comfortable enough, you have to keep pushing. You know, especially in this business, it's it's not going to lighten up on you. And these fans aren't going to take it easy easily either. So whether you drop a pass or miss a block or a holding penalty, I mean, everybody's going to have an opinion on that.
Speaker 6: But we have the utmost confidence in them. And you know, I believe in the kid.
Speaker 5: I talk to him every day of practice, try to keep them up and you know, like I said before, the game's full of ups and downs, and just mentally, it's probably going to be the most hardest challenge is mentally in his profession, and you know, fighting through all the naysayers and the non believers and all the doubters that come with what we do as a profession. I think it's probably one of the most tough challenges and that and staying healthy obviously, so for him, you know, he's been pretty healthy this year. But you know, we're gonna stay on him. I'm gonna stay on him whether we're teammates or not, and just hope to see that he rises to the occasion you're in and you're out.
Speaker 4: Screat how how great everything that I've been paying a lot of attention to what Generald has been saying, and and you know, you're talking to a vet, you know, when when you know he can go into that much of detail and explaining the you know, everything that goes around you know, a football a football team. Gerald going into that experience that you have and knowing that this is a business orientated. It's a brutal business, you know, and you have to take care of yourself, number one. You have to take care of your family, of course, you know, and everybody's in the same It's so hard to get to the NFL and then to stay in this business it's even harder. So how do you see the future of this team because a lot of people see twenty twenty four now as well, this kind of is gonna be a rebuilding year for the Chargers. This is we're going to change a lot in terms of russer and salary cap. You know, it's going to force, you know, to make tough decisions. How from from your experience, from where you stand, how do you see that that future.
Speaker 5: Well, in my personal opinion, I see them obviously making changes that they've already began to make. Obviously, coaches come and go. Players come and go. That's a part of the business, whether it's rebuilding or not. And whether you have a Super Bowl winning team or whether you have a non playoff containing team, people come and go. So I think that's just the part of the inevitability that comes with this game and with this nature of life, I guess, And it is brutal, like you said, so every every focal point, every demension of it, of the livelihood, of the nature of work is going to be brutal. So I think we as players and coaches, we kind of mold ourselves to it, and we kind of sharpen ourselves to it and adjust to it over the years. And the longer you play in this business, the more you understand it. So players like Quentin or versus players like Sebastian Joe today two different comprehensions of the game, and you know, Quentin's learning as a rookie and the rest of.
Speaker 6: Us are learning as veterans.
Speaker 5: And it'll be a point time where Quintin becomes a veteran and you know he'll witness a young guy come in having his fair share challenges like we all do in this business, going from being the top outfit at the college level to going back to the bottom of the totem pole and working your way up in the.
Speaker 6: National Football League as a rookie.
Speaker 5: So it's just really one of those things in life you just have to adapt and adjust to it in the new workplace, new city, a new livelihood, really new lifestyle, and all of us are still adjusting. It's never going to be a point in time where the NFL is figured out where everybody understands it, because there's so many new rules, so many new changes, so many new things come into effect, and you know, it's just how.
Speaker 6: It goes, really yep.
Speaker 3: And and the philosophies as they evolve, and you know what mentality is coming in from a GM to a coach and what he wants to do and what kind of personnel he wants to work with all that stuff, and as broadcasters. You know, we see that tune where we try to feel that as well as you know, when we talk to you guys, when we ask you guys questions, you know, because we have to understand the way the monster does function. But the monster also gives you something back, Gerald, And let's talk about that. And this is what I want to close it out with on some positive stuff. I mean, you being in LA you know, what have you learned you talk about learning in the NFL. What have you learned culturally about being an anquelline getting to eat Arkoma dancer with our music being because you were with the Rams, then you're here with the Chargers, you got plenty of so call soaked in.
Speaker 5: There right right, right right, Yeah, I learned a lot of What if you enjoyed the most, I've enjoyed the weather, to name a few. I've enjoyed the weather for sure.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: The scenery, the scenery obviously is so nice from the water and the mountains, and the people, beautiful, beautiful people down at so far and just out in the city exploring restaurants, you know, a couple of stores here and there, just going out and just mingling, networking with people from the business standpoint, obviously bringing my family out here, letting them enjoy the sun and get some of the southern California lifestyle and the good eats that the city offers, and just you know, it's kind of like a it's a vacation spot for a lot of people. But when you when you live out here and you've been out here for a long time, yeah, you kind of you kind of overlook a lot of things that you kind of become spoiled to the US that California offers. You know, twenty twenty, when I was with the Rams, you know, the wildfires and all the natural disasters that were happening from earthquakes and you know, I can go on and on about it, but just things that are rocking control. You know, I got a chance to really see how the city comes together and really adapts to change, you know, from La Fire to the Sheriff's office, to the Lakers and the Rams and the Chargers and just you know, professional sports teams coming together trying to be a focal point, you know, to try to get the community and get the city out of turmoil or you know, where we were when all the mass.
Speaker 6: Shootings were happening and you know, I was.
Speaker 5: I'm fortunate enough to be able to see both sides from Orange County and living in La So to answer your question, I learned a lot just from being up and down the coast at pch and just learning North cal SoCal and even downtown.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Just I'm from a I'm a city boy myself, growing up in the metropolitan area, so Los Angeles was was the best place for me. I feel like, you know, I was fortunate enough to get drafts of the rams and have some success there. But coming over and being with the charges, you know, I got a chance to see.
Speaker 6: The other side of it too.
Speaker 4: And comiva wise, what's your favorite uh, you know, food with lotting lot in flavor Hispanic flavor.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I would have to say, uh probably shrimp, tacos ors or enchilada.
Speaker 6: I like to go to either either.
Speaker 5: I go to Javier Okay to uh Toko Madera if you guys are familiar, Yeah, tacos yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, more likeinos. So you see, that's that's the beauty.
Speaker 6: South American country. Yea.
Speaker 2: And we all cross pollinated, we all share recipes.
Speaker 3: I know that, and I know that that we appreciate I know as Latinos guys that work and play as hard as you do. Gerald, And that's why I always bring up that fact that we give you a lot of love on the air for a reason, because you're earning. Brother, every time you get that football, every time you're dropping a block on somebody, we see that guy. We see the speedy though. That's we also throw in that hard hat lunch pal.
Speaker 2: We go to work. But dads do we learn it.
Speaker 4: We always talk about the yards after the catch. Those are the hard words from the what you always give those? Uh Gerald, Gerald, Uh on my behalf you know obviously, best of likes, man, I mean you said that this is a business. You gotta take care of yourself. Best of success and we hope we will be seeing you in twenty and twenty four.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you man, No, no, thank you Gerald, always and forever bye.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's always have thanks, that's says Gerald.
Speaker 3: Every import depot commodis in English, he is accountable. We use similar la be there come on, you know you like vida and n a fad and then there and then Negoshi once pound and Approxima tempora in Trello's tyrans prove on Royo sen being the drafted KOs Chargers, Sun and much Numberssnando Cava numbers Paralo Chargers, but over the Pinto Benilos Chiefs scene, Patrick Mahomes Sta Blain Gabbart cel quarterback ke You ever see the Patrick Mahomes, You ever see that justin Herbert Pernola Armo are at the Minelo Sindos implement them back up and Esteliga Blain Gabbart a ce quarterback Parolos Kansas City Chiefs yess playoffs.
Speaker 2: He has implemented band.
Speaker 3: Ozo mocho banchos over Gerald Evernos.
Speaker 2: Break buerte venus will break Mida Thomas and pre.
Speaker 4: Negociollo yea loy a thenrolet Loelo Domingo, preparacuent gun and k ki fravo como ques una yo traves men too negosio dominoo yament results positis of jamenty n s cambirel definition the locura pensark enu resultos a domino team you know and too charges definity, I mean no one as a result charges Yah cambier on la prima pierra ja salio jace save the mena versta heren Al Solo Primo pasotouna reconstruction Calmeno Justin Herbert cal Po mass deficial, the cons lion f to ya Savi is kim Basser to Marical de campopor loseso ke a sup protection, the lao Sego John Slater k T s U the la defense l k a l K. The Ron Sando quarterback rivalis porous two kicker more important, the kicker realmen and Timlos Cameron Dicker yacn to masa decisions Sejuana tom Poke decision is a reque harboy material and tape at the part of Renello Chiefs is important, Paralo Jove Parlo Giordan, mcfaren paros and farmers, Parlos dei and henly Parolos Quentin Johnson more important, and Pendo Parael material parallel reconstruction, the party, the tone chargers.
Speaker 3: Estos nobos, chargers comments and reconstruction entry, comediens, recons truyer see pievras angular targos, con amigos and esta lega thos piedras angularest mass Busca's massive facilists then contract those chargers. Last Dn Justin Herbert quarterback Rochans later left tackle Lord de mass draft against quarterback Francis Mio. We're in good shape el Loo Denver Basolt recuperation and Evel Kobe being Bryant. Then and then a commentary boom.
Speaker 4: At a draft qualit la position momentos most important the chargers eneto momentos. Then trees is a top yes.
Speaker 2: Quin sex out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, parati called Syria oppositions, chargers charges.
Speaker 3: The draft, but I mean parame and low personal skin you.
Speaker 2: Know, so this is receive impact whoever offensive?
Speaker 4: I n.
Speaker 3: A lao the Justin Herberts okay charges but Justin Herbert atro elementos ploso o condo alone can takita keenan keenan tindola trend to the government.
Speaker 2: You not proo Keenan Allen come o pro ma p the Keenan Allen.
Speaker 3: Joshua Palmer as Joshua Palmer say, lets you know you know Joshua Palmer mausta receptor pro humvimos as a Flowers is ten You said receptor impact instrument You ravens. Who is gado a draft apple jan con and it is the de lamar Kese Flowers those charges necessity and hue I see the explosivo Magustoloo, Gerald Devers over the Quentin Johnson, you know, Majo Kenes, Quentin Johnston, Sto Conberts and grand Pervalton explosiveo mas para cresser a lado, the Justin Herbert your second event, Para complementary Ta Membassador, Primordial lost saven lost, the los que Son verda rosa scouts Standisi okay charges the very end of the Conun high draft pick conun defensive end Pagard Domingos Okay.
Speaker 4: And tando movie f contra de local pcentas Joe Francis Copinto, Iria Burma protection Pain Herbert Allin Offencio af march Is Aline Offensio, Nofuel samos a movo material thenro So Premiero vs. Draft picked Creo, Creo, keep the same control. Julis King Baton in los rounds say that, yeah, visits all.
Speaker 3: Lines exactly, gonna the marcamos a rolly can too, he can OUs in prison a keen on Marines offense. He was perfect para chargers and it's the proximi track for and presto allos big boys, and that's collects, that's.
Speaker 2: The persona pur chargers albolbert.
Speaker 3: Por panchos and the Agen that's the persons put charge.
Speaker 2: Of power.
Speaker 3: PuO Chargers Producci, the air game The Quitan, The Chargers Radio Network, Football Americano loos l A.
Speaker 2: Chargers