Speaker 1: This is history what you've done with the show.
Speaker 2: You guys should throw a platform at enteries.
Speaker 1: It's the world's most dangerous morning show.
Speaker 3: Good Breakfast, Goods, DJ Envy every player by record.
Speaker 4: I made it in.
Speaker 5: Charlamagne the God get you made you think that you're liking your controversial questions?
Speaker 6: Was taking as part.
Speaker 3: I like, this is my favorite show.
Speaker 1: Thanks Breakfast Club, Good Morning.
Speaker 7: Usa, yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Yo Charlamagne the Guy.
Speaker 8: Peace to the planet is Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 2: We hear what's happening? Another day to serve how y'all feeling out there?
Speaker 8: That's right, you know how I feel. I'm blessed, black and Holly favored. It's crazy, becase when I walked in this morning, uh, one of our producers named sim she was like, you know, okay, shiny, because you know I love to stay moisturized. Then she started to shame another one of the brothers in here because he'd be ashy.
Speaker 2: Oh guy Brandon, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: So I had to recommend Brandon some some lotion this morning, you know, because he's from Ghana, so he's you know, I'm telling him, you have that rich black texture skin, you know what I mean, So you got to get something that really gets in them crevices.
Speaker 2: So use gold Bond like I do.
Speaker 9: He go go.
Speaker 2: But that's not a commercial. That's just me telling like, that's what you want.
Speaker 8: I got, you know, because some of these things doing some of these lotions you put on and they feel good, but they don't really get in those crevices and get that get that white ash out of the corner those hands, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So but gold Band does the trick.
Speaker 1: I ain't gotta worry about that because youst.
Speaker 8: Because you beage and when you beage in the Winner, you look like a sugar cookie.
Speaker 2: So it don't even matter.
Speaker 1: Watch about you know what I did see yesterday. I did see the Book of Clarence yesterday.
Speaker 2: I watched the Book of Clarence over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a chance to uh to watch that.
Speaker 2: I thought Book of Clarence was fantastic.
Speaker 1: I thought it was great too.
Speaker 2: I thought it was fantastic. I thought it was great.
Speaker 10: It comes out January twelfth. If you get a chance out, you should definitely go check it out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we were watching it because you know James Samuel, who's the right director, director, the right director. Ye Oh, if he's the director, is he director? Definitely the writer? Yeah, but he's coming at some point this week.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Talk about the Book of Clarence.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And it's executive produced by Jay z as well. And he's also the guy who did what was the western called with Regina King and everybody.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't done. That's something else. The Hardiday Fall Holdiday. That's what it was.
Speaker 1: It was, it was. I really enjoyed it. I'm not gonna lie. I really enjoyed the movie. I didn't know what to expect.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 10: I'm not a big blip a biblical person when it comes to biblical movies and things like that. I don't watch too many of those usually because we're not in it, you know. So the fact definitely we're definitely in this. I ain't see too many Lightskin brothers in the movie, though.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 1: I love that that's what that's that's what you loved about it.
Speaker 2: That's one of the main reasons I enjoyed it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but that comes out January twelfth. I think there's a soundtrack that comes out this week too that people have been talking about. I think jay Z's on the soundtrack.
Speaker 6: I believe.
Speaker 1: I think Kendrick's on the soundtrack.
Speaker 10: But we'll talk to him this week because I know he's going to be joining us one day this week, so we'll talk to me about all that.
Speaker 8: The movie is fantastic and one of the things I took away from the movie is that you know, we all, we all, we all have to just recognize the God in us, correct And when you recognize the God in us and you have that that that that faith and a higher power, amazing things can happen. Yeah, you know absolutely, That's what it's about to me.
Speaker 10: And be a good people, and be a good people because regardless of what la Keith went through in the movie, he was a good person.
Speaker 1: Whether he believed or not, he was a good person, yes, but.
Speaker 8: He was willing to do anything to get to that higher level, which was which included conning people.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh, I don't give too much movie, but yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, good movie.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's get the show Cracker. When we come back.
Speaker 10: We got front page news. Teslam Figure will be joining us. Did you watch the Michigan game last night? No college game, let's name big college game. All right, Well, we'll talk about all that when we come back, so don't move. It's to breakfast Club. Good morning warning everybody, it's DJ n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Test, Good morning DJ, Good morning Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 10: Now let's start off with some quick sports. Now, John Moran, you know he plays for the Grizzlies. He has to go an undergo Uh, he has to undergo a season ended surgery. That's because of a shoulder injury that happened in practice.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear that. I heard about it for the first time this morning.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That sucks, man.
Speaker 8: The fact that he just came back, played nine games, you know, had the Grizzlies playing a lot better basketball he'd been playing all season.
Speaker 2: But I will say this is excitingly again, if John.
Speaker 8: Moran stays focused, they say he's supposed to come back completely healthy next year, MVP John Morani be the MVP of the league next year.
Speaker 1: I can see that now. Dramond Green talks about him coming back.
Speaker 10: He talks about after the suspension he wanted to retire, but it was actually the commissioner that talked him out of it.
Speaker 12: I had a conversation with Adam Silver, commissioner all league. I just told him, Adam is too much for me. It's all becoming too much for me, and I'm going to retire. And Adam said, you're making a very rash decision, and I won't let you do that. I'm like, no, Adam, like, I really sure, it's a rit decision. It's just all too much, you know. We had a long, great conversation, very helpful to me, very thankful to play in the league with the commissioner like Adam, who's more about helping you than hurting you, or helping you than punishing you or you know.
Speaker 3: He's more about the players. And so I'm very.
Speaker 12: Lucky to have or to be in a position to be under the guidance of it.
Speaker 8: Adam Silver, Yeah, you can't retire when you're the m VG, the most valuable goon. Okay, the game needs Draymond Green. The game needs villains, It needs bad guys. Who else they.
Speaker 2: Gonna be mad?
Speaker 8: At they need people to point the finger at Draymond can't go yet, you know, driving the Clues bonds with Draymond Green.
Speaker 10: But I do think it's dope that Adam Silva had a conversation with him. Instead of punishing him and making him feel a certain way and encouraging him to.
Speaker 8: Definitely punish him, they suspended him in Definitely Yeah, I mean, so he missed.
Speaker 2: Twelve twelve, but they definitely double digits.
Speaker 10: All right, Well, let's talk about this explosion at this hotel. Twenty one injuries.
Speaker 13: Yeah, twenty one injuries. Let's go to NBCDMW for the report.
Speaker 2: At the police riding on the wrong side of the road.
Speaker 14: Chaos in downtown Fort Worth. Damn dust and debris filled the air. The injured treated on street corners moments after a blast at the Sandman's Signature.
Speaker 2: Hotel, and I just heard a loud boom.
Speaker 14: Adam Woods works as a valet nearby. He recorded video of first responders running to the scene and police helping a woman in distress.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what was going on. I was just so confused myself.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my.
Speaker 14: Gosh, official say twenty one people were injured.
Speaker 7: One critically, we have not made one hundred percent determination, but we wanted to make it clear that this was some type of gas explosion.
Speaker 8: And what's going on, man? Why why is the hotel just randomly blowing up?
Speaker 2: Info?
Speaker 4: It work right, and that's still developing that and just you know, the folks know, as they watched this story throughout the day, this was just the report you know as of last night, that person being critically injured. Hopefully that won't you know, turn any worse in what it is. But thankfully people were not injured. Just you know, for something to randomly blow up, I think first thing tar to a lot of people were thinking about, like, you know, dang, it's a terrorist attack. Is it's something going on, you know, cause it's been whether people want to admit this or not, it has been high alerts you know, around the country since the war started. So I was glad that they at least they confirmed that it wasn't anything they believe it's malicious at this particular time, that it is just you know, some type of gas misfunction. And so they said they'll continue updating a story and giving us developments you know, as they do that investigation. But Thankfully, no one was hurt really really bad, you know, some anybody died.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: If it's a you know, an uptick in gas explosions or you know that's what just be coming across your feed sometime on social media.
Speaker 2: But when you ever see those.
Speaker 8: Random house explosions, Yeah, when houses just explodes on fire, just catch on fire, like explode, like just randomly explode, explode, And it's like, you feel like that happened with this hotel, and I'm like, what's going on with the was the gas leafs?
Speaker 2: Like what is it?
Speaker 4: They got really nervous as well, because they said in order they wanted to turn off the gas. I guess then the surrounding area, but it would have kicked the generators off. And kicking the generators off also if there's still been some type of gas league or something like that, it could have been even worse.
Speaker 13: So just a real scary moment for those in for Worth.
Speaker 4: But thankfully, you know, I'll at least no, there were no fatalities.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just want to send healing energy two to a family out in Queens, New York. The Jackson family heard on the way in their house going on fire, and I guess you know, the son ran out. The son is a sixty year old man. He ran out the house he was his mother was living with him. He ran back in to get his mother. His mother was eighty years old. He ran back in on the second floor and they didn't They didn't make it out. The mother or the son didn't make it out. So that's horrib I just want to send those an energy to that family and the Jackson family.
Speaker 1: Out in Queens. They said that there.
Speaker 10: Has been three generations of family members that actually lived in that house. So again, rest in peace and sending here at energy to the to the family out in Queens, New York.
Speaker 2: My God Jesus, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. Test that is front page knows we're seen a little bit. Everybody else. Get it off your chest.
Speaker 10: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines a wide open again eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, Get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: Ray right ray yo, Charlae man Yamsey, what.
Speaker 1: Up are we lying?
Speaker 6: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 15: I got an indoor pool we want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 16: Get on the phone right now here, tell you what it is.
Speaker 17: We live.
Speaker 8: Hello's this everyby Hi, trash, peace, trave.
Speaker 18: Every every gonna be doing that every year.
Speaker 10: Every I know what you're calling up here for you calling up here to be like, how about them cowboys be going to the super Bowl? I'm getting be humble blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Be humble, trash sor yes, sir, we're going to the Bowl. No, you already know.
Speaker 8: And by the way I'm saying we're going to the super Bowl is not us being not humble.
Speaker 2: We're just stating facts.
Speaker 11: Yeah no, no, we're released sing facts. I had so much to talk about when Ya was gone, but you know, there was only one thing I cared about right now.
Speaker 3: And let's up.
Speaker 11: We're going to the Bowl. I'm so happy about it. And we're gonna accept it. We're gonna keeking into existence.
Speaker 18: Because listen, you gotta talk about what you want, like.
Speaker 2: That's right when we want one game in the Super Bowl. Let's let's get those Green Bay fun packers out of here this week.
Speaker 8: Okay, yes, sir, We're gonna be all right.
Speaker 18: All right, glad you're back with y'all.
Speaker 19: All right, Hello, who's this David Dinnesota, Florida?
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 17: David?
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 20: I wanted to make a comment in Charlomage was saying, yesterday trial, Yes, sir. So the reason why he beats up is probably because his attorney's probably told him not to speacause and then there's one of those situations where it's just like what the text messages his attorney's probably messed up, or what the text messages say is attorneys messed up and they were able to use text message it's dad to play him on the stand to testify and defend himselves. Then proxecution probably would have tore him apart.
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't see how the prosecution can tell you a part if you're telling the truth, Like, the truth don't need no defense, It just needs witnesses. And even if the truth is making you stutter, even if the truth is making you stumble, even if you look nervous when you're telling your truth, like you know, what's that saying? You got to tell your truth even if your voice cracks. Because the thing I don't ever understand about situations like this is they don't want him to testify, which I think is bad advice from the lawyer, especially for something that ended up being a misdemeanor. But then they turn around and his pr lets him do an interview on Good Morning America because he lost either way, Like, why if you're going to talk talk with it matters. Why do you y'all care about the court of public opinion more than y'all care about the court of law.
Speaker 2: It's mind boggling.
Speaker 8: I don't know either either shut up all across the board or talk all across.
Speaker 1: Probably thought he was gonna win.
Speaker 10: They probably thought he was gonna win, so they thought that they would talk after after he won.
Speaker 1: Him Then when they didn't win, it was like, uh, oh.
Speaker 2: So cancel it. You didn't talk that trial. No need to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Now, get it off your chest.
Speaker 10: Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. If you need the vent, hit us up now. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, the breakfast Club. That's a new day. Is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: Way up.
Speaker 6: Whether you're man or blessed.
Speaker 3: Time to get up and get something.
Speaker 6: Call up now.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 6: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 15: Hello, who's this going on?
Speaker 11: Corners?
Speaker 1: I can't I can't up get it off your chest?
Speaker 19: Brother, Hey, no morning man, listen, cap call moth. I just want to call and give a shout out to my Today's a birthday star shabby birthday. I like you, man, Listen, My birthday was yesterday, my sitter birthday today.
Speaker 20: That my others, just the persons in the third team.
Speaker 2: Happy belated you all. Y'all have like a little function of dinner for family dinner.
Speaker 19: What y'all do I mean, we all, we all in three different states.
Speaker 15: I mean, so you know we just call little face come here and then.
Speaker 18: But you know you'll blessed to be alive, healthy.
Speaker 2: And all that little cap ass group chat this morning, that.
Speaker 8: Cap ass group chat, cap Ass family group chat. Y'all got a bunch of capricorns.
Speaker 11: Captain Chapa, corn Man, you know what the best sign is? Man, you just said it.
Speaker 2: Let's cancer ergo. Thank you?
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this good morning?
Speaker 11: Did your boy love me from the braun.
Speaker 15: To welcome back to my breakfast club, Familia.
Speaker 2: Love you with something my brother, yo.
Speaker 15: You know I'm a big cowboys Charlie made. We're going to the Charla.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, yes, sir, let's speak it into existence. I love all this manifestation. I'll listening to do this morning. Talk about what we won't baby, talk about what we want? What do you want to love?
Speaker 15: You were righting for really what I want? I got two things, MVY. I got to you about one thing. When you say that magnum commercial, I don't feel that big D energy. So if you need the big D energy, I got you, play boy. My last thing is I want to shout out my my radio wife tests. You know we're in an open relationship.
Speaker 1: Really test No, that she's in a relationship with.
Speaker 21: You, sir.
Speaker 15: Oh she's well aware of it. Okay, So I just want to tap it and tell my wife d I said, hello, and ladies, you can always lit me up on the ground. L O V E y eight six zero come stay hi to miss the thirteen and a half tests.
Speaker 1: Don't mind, test, don't mind?
Speaker 10: All right, get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need event, you can hit this up now. When we come back. We got to talk Joe Coy He got a lot of backlash. He was hosting the Golden Globes and people didn't necessarily.
Speaker 1: Love his jokes.
Speaker 2: Yes they didn't.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get to that. Next is the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Nere music in the morning.
Speaker 1: Man, okay, I said that first thing this morning?
Speaker 22: Right?
Speaker 1: What did I say that this morning?
Speaker 6: Red?
Speaker 2: What do y'all want from me? What do y'all want from me?
Speaker 23: Man?
Speaker 8: Y'all want me to ride around in the car with the winds? Your wife was going and it's not even raining.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ. I love mor and V as much as the next person.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, all right, morning everybody, be all the breakfast Club. Let's get to the rooms. Let's talk. Joe Coy.
Speaker 3: Name or you gossip? Been you chatting?
Speaker 6: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 16: I mean, I guess were on the breakfast club.
Speaker 10: This is where the tea spells, right right now, Joe Coy comedian of course, friends to the room. He hosted the Golden Globes this past Sunday, and a lot of people say they were not impressed. He got a lot of backlash for some of his jokes that night. Fans were talking about some of the silence after his jokes, and it said, uh, people look uncomfortable. So well, let's get to some of his jokes where you want to start the monologue.
Speaker 2: Sure, I can't hear that.
Speaker 1: I wrote some other people.
Speaker 3: Robert de Niro is here.
Speaker 24: Yo, I got the gig ten days ago. You want a perfect monologue, yo, shut up, you got You're kidding me right, slow down. I wrote somebody's and they're the ones you're laughing at.
Speaker 8: Look see, I'm not the person to asketball stuff like this because I've told you all a million times. I laugh hysterically when a comedian is saying things that an audience isn't laughing at. You know, I think it's hilarious when people are uncomfortable over things folks are saying. But I don't think Joe Koy gets any backlash if it's not for social media.
Speaker 1: Like if the.
Speaker 8: Hollywood Illuminati crowd that was there at the Golden Globes, if they're uncomfortable with everybody on social media is loving him making them uncomfortable, He'd have been fine.
Speaker 2: But it was the Tailor swift, Joe. And see when you do the Taylor swift.
Speaker 8: Joe, I didn't have a problem with it. I didn't want to be played yet. I'm gonna play right now.
Speaker 24: As you know, we came on after a football doubleheader. The big difference between the Golden Globes and the NFL. On the Golden Gloves, we have fewer camera shots of Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: I swear, it's just where to go to.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that.
Speaker 8: That is a great Golden Globes joke. That is a great joke when Taylor Swift is in the audience. And guess what, when the camera cut right to Taylor Swift after he said that phenomenal job, that's when the clues bombs for that.
Speaker 1: Camera man drank cut little champagne. She was upset. I thought it was a cute, funny joke.
Speaker 6: I loved it.
Speaker 8: But guess what, By the way, that was one of the most realist reactions we've ever seen Taylor Swift do, because all her reactions be so fake, like when you when she wins the awards, she acts surprised like he sold a billion records in the year.
Speaker 2: Of course you're gonna win, you know what I mean. But those swifties online got so upset.
Speaker 8: They did, and I think that's what Joekoy ran in the problems because even though he was making that illuminati crowd uncomfortable with the Golden Globes online, it looked like he was bombing because of the Swifties.
Speaker 1: And then this Barbie joke didn't go over too well.
Speaker 24: Oppenheimer is based on a seven and twenty one page pull a Surprise winning book about the Manhattan Project, and Barbie is on plastic doll with big boobies.
Speaker 1: I watched Barbie. I loved it. I really did love it.
Speaker 24: I don't want you guys to think that I'm a creep, but it was kind of weird being attracted to a plastic.
Speaker 2: Dog see see once again. Y'all know me.
Speaker 8: I like when a comedian says a joke that bombs, and I love when they try to fight their way out of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, and that's what Joe did. He tried to fight his way out of it.
Speaker 8: But I will say this shows like the Golden Globes don't deserve real comedians. There's a bunch of people you can get that writers can write some safe, goofy ass jokes for. And if you've ever been to a Joe Coy stand up with seeing Joe Coy in interviews. He's been on Breakfast Club several times, numerous times. You know he's not safe. No, he's not super edgy, but he's not safe. So so honestly, I enjoyed seeing him make the Illuminati uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: And whoever was working the camera, nah, top tier, top ten.
Speaker 1: Well, salute to Joe Coy. All right, now we got to talk to Rajji p Henson.
Speaker 10: Now, Taraji was talking to Gail and talking about some of the things she has to deal with. In the end, she was saying that when she was shooting The Color Purple, she had to fight for so many different things. She said that they wanted to give her a rental car in Atlanta. She said it wasn't safe to have a rental car. She needed a driver. She said, there wasn't food at rehearsals. So this is what Taraji said when she was talking to.
Speaker 21: Gael, and I heard on the street, Trajia, you have the audacity to to say you're thinking about getting stopping acting.
Speaker 1: We said, stop talking, are you thinking about it?
Speaker 25: I'm just tired of working so hard, being gracious at what I do, getting paid a fraction of the cost. I'm tired of hearing my sisters say the same thing over and over. I hear people go, you work a lot, will have to the math ain't mathing. And when you start working a lot, you know you have a team. We don't do this alone. The fact that we're up here is a whole entire team behind us.
Speaker 1: They have to get paid.
Speaker 25: It seems every time I do something and I break another glass ceiling when it's time to renegotiate, I'm at the bottom again, like I never did what I just did, and I'm just I'm tired.
Speaker 2: And if I can't fight for them.
Speaker 1: Coming up behind me and they want to, you am I doing?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry?
Speaker 8: Yeah, m'm me tell you something though, Guess what, Taraji p Henson, Uh, you know, no other black actress y'all like is gonna get top dollar if y'all don't support these projects that they're in.
Speaker 2: That's right, okay.
Speaker 8: Because Color Purple struggled at the box office after it had such a big Christmas Day. I think on Christmas Day they sold more so sold like eighteen million tickets.
Speaker 10: Which is difficult because Christmas most people stay in, but they said Christmas time, it was packed a lot of older women checking out like maybe after they left church.
Speaker 1: So that was a good day.
Speaker 2: And I think right now it is at let me see where it's at right now? Hold on right now. They said it's at like forty seven million dollars. No, it's a.
Speaker 8: Total of fifty five million. It's not great when the budget was one hundred and twenty. Oh what are you talking about? It costs ninety million dollars to make and another forty million dollars to market, okay, and now they're at fifty five million dollars.
Speaker 2: At the box office.
Speaker 10: I never really understo those Christmas releases though. That's very scary for Christmas to me, when when people are with their families their home, to get them out of the house during Christmas is very scary for me.
Speaker 8: But people got to support these projects, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know that the actors and actresses you know, aren't gonna never get paid what they're supposed to get paid if we're not even going out there to support these films that they're in.
Speaker 1: That's facts. Well, Vivica, they stopped, I think TMZ stopped Vivica Fox and they asked her about to Rogie And this is what she said, Hey, so we want to know.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like now is the perfect time to have the conversation?
Speaker 1: Got to write you kind.
Speaker 13: Of continued over Monique. You know your actions, You've been out there, we're.
Speaker 25: Is this the perfect time to kind of talk about that in our platform, you know.
Speaker 26: Darling to each his zone, do you know what I mean? I'm very happy, very blessed, and to each your own. I didn't have that experience, so you know, but to uh get your piece.
Speaker 1: Out is important.
Speaker 8: That's a horrible drive by question, by the way, but I'm sure that vivocal would would would want to sit down and explain that answer a little bit more in depth, because when it reads on social media, all it says is Biblica. Asked about Taraji and pay amongst black women, she said.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm good.
Speaker 10: Well, it's your problem, not mine. That's what it sounds like. I'm sure that's not That's not what she mean, not at all.
Speaker 1: Well, Well, Oprah also talks about Taraji in their relationship and how she feels about the things that she said. I would just like to say about this whole Toaji.
Speaker 27: You know, I heard I was trending yesterday because people are saying that I was.
Speaker 1: Not supporting Taraji.
Speaker 27: Taraji will tell you herself that I've been the greatest champion of this film, championing not only the behind the scenes production but also everything that everybody needed. So whenever I heard that there was something that people needed, I'm not in charge of the budget because that's Warner Brothers. You know, That's the way the studio system works, and we as producers. Everybody gets their salary that's negotiated by your team.
Speaker 2: And so whenever I heard there was.
Speaker 27: An issue where there was a problem, there was a problem of the cars or the problem with the food, I would step in and do whatever I could to make it right.
Speaker 8: Y'all got an Auntie responding to y'all on so she said she was trending. She heard, y'all, don't raised so much hell on social media that you got Oprah responding to what's happening online Oprah, and don't go chasing TikTok, stick to the facebooks that she used to. Okay, stop worrying about what Tim Churn is talking about on TikTok, Man TikTok.
Speaker 10: And sometimes she got a response. She said she was trending and she wanted the clear things up.
Speaker 8: I didn't even know her Roger had a beef until I saw Oprah say that. I knew not I was like RODGERI and O Brad beef. I didn't know that. I had no idea.
Speaker 10: People assume because people about the color purple and of course.
Speaker 8: Man things that these people on social media, and somebody showed. Then they sent a video because open i was another thing. Open uh directed people to it with some video. They was on the Empire State Building and they were talking about their body language, and like, look, they don't get along.
Speaker 1: You can tell what.
Speaker 2: Man, if these people online yo not responding to them.
Speaker 8: I didn't know anything about Oprah TROGI if you never even crossed my mind till I heard her say that yesterday you responded to a bunch of the digital d heads on social media. No way, but maybe you should listen to tiktack a little more. No, maybe you shouldn't. That's your problem. That's gonna be the death of all of y'all. Okay, that's exactly why y'all wait till later on this year. I can't wait when this whole country and world is in disarray because of some Auston wells Ward the world type stuff that happens on social media. Lady, this year, it might be in the next couple of months. You're absolutely right if you're going to because it's the presidential election. You're not just here, but in other places like South Africa. Boy, you're about to see some misinformation like you ain't never seen before.
Speaker 10: All right, well that is your rumor report. Now when we come back, teslaing figure out will be joining us. We have front page news, so don't go anywhere. It's to breakfast Club. Go morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 10: It's DJ Envy, Charlemagne the God. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Test, Good morning DJ and He Good morning to Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 10: He said, all right, well, let's just start off with some quick sports. John Morant he got injured in practice. He has to undergo season ending surgery on his shoulder, so he'll be out for the rest of the season.
Speaker 8: It lu to my South Carolina brethren, Job Moran. He only played nine games this year because you know he was coming back from that suspension. But I'm telling you John comes back healthy next year. I predict job Moran wins the MVV.
Speaker 10: And also, congratulations to Michigan and they beat Washington last night thirty four thirteen. They have a fifteen in old record. So congratulations again to Michigan. All right, now, where we starting on to start with Biden?
Speaker 13: Yeah, let's start with Biden.
Speaker 4: Biden was interrupted yesterday with protesters while he was making a pitch to black voters in Charleston. Now, before we get into the interruption with the protesters again, he was at the History of Black Church in Charleston where the nine people were killed in a racially motivated shooting in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: So before Emanu am.
Speaker 4: Emmanuaamme, before we get into that, take a listen on the reason why he was there in the first place. In addition to, you know, paying homage to those victims.
Speaker 9: The president's visit is his support among black voters is slipping. In twenty twenty, he carried ninety two percent of that group, but a recent NBC News poll shows just sixty one percent would now choose him over a Republican.
Speaker 28: Do you think that the Biden administration is taking the black vote for granted. Yes, his staff is Fletcher Smith, work with a Biden campaign in twenty twenty. Now, he says he's very concerned about black voters staying home this November.
Speaker 6: That administration looks like they don't want the black vote. I mean, you got to speak to the black people.
Speaker 4: Now before we unpack that, because I definitely want to circle back to that. During the speech, he was interrupted by ceasefire protesters. Take a listen to that, well.
Speaker 2: Light, there's no path from this darkness. Can you really hear about the light bults here?
Speaker 3: He's the lights.
Speaker 7: That's all right, that's all right, that's all right.
Speaker 8: I understand their passion, and I've been quietly working with the Israeli government to get them to reduce and significantly get out of God using all I.
Speaker 12: Can to do.
Speaker 4: Now, if you could not make out what she said, she said, if you really care about the lives lost here speaking about talking about Charleston, she said you would honor the lives lost and called for a ceasefire in Palestine. So that was interrupted during his speech that he was making a pitch to black voters because obviously, as you heard on the report, people believe that he is in trouble with the black vote, and just want to point out that President Obama also recently met with President Biden, saying that he also is concerned about the campaign strategy and believes that instead of his campaign staff being in the White House, they should be on the ground actually campaigning and organizing, which is something that has.
Speaker 13: Been being said many, many, many times.
Speaker 4: You know, you have certainly said that Charlemagne for sure, So now you're hearing that from all around with how they should really be out talking to these voters, particularly black voters. And President Biden said, you know during that speech yesterday that he is aware that South Carolina made it possible for him to become president, and he said he owed black voters, which he said that initially the first time around.
Speaker 8: And you know, OLG Jim Cliburn, he had Og Jim Cliburn sitting behind him. And I know President Biden chosen Manual and and Me because this is a historic landmark in my birthplace of Charleston, South Carolina, Black Church founded by Denmark Vessey.
Speaker 2: The tragic shooting that happened at Emmanual and Me.
Speaker 8: But I also wonder if he chose that location because he thought it would keep people from doing exactly what they did, which is protest him yesterday. I wonder if he thought, you know, people aren't going to do this in the church. People are not going to do this Black church. People are not gonna do this because of the tragic situation that happened here. I wonder if he chose that location to try to keep people, you know, from doing exactly what they did yesterday.
Speaker 2: But they did it anyway, Yeah, they sure did.
Speaker 4: So that was the reason that that didn't work, because they definitely showed up and made it and made it known, and so yeah, showing that there's a real problem, you know, going on and again. You know, folks, every time people are pointing out a problem and just saying again, an analysis is simply telling you what the weather is.
Speaker 13: You don't have to like that it's hot outside, but it's hot outside.
Speaker 4: The reality is there is a problem when you look at all of the coalition behind there was a previously behind Joe Biden. If you talk about black voters, if you talk about young voters, if you talk about those who are very committed to stopping this war, the progressive movement, so several different pockets of the coalition have a problem, and yesterday was an example that they showed up in the church to make it known.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, you know, it's interesting with Biden, just like you said, like they're focusing on him losing support for black voters when the reality is from recent polls that we've all seen, he's losing support amongst all voters, like the youth independent.
Speaker 2: So I wonder what they is to get everybody energized.
Speaker 8: Maybe they feel if they can get Black people energized, it will trickle over to everyone else.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe they expect the black peop to be able to carry it for everybody else, you know, to be quite honest, and even your good brother, Butkari Sellers was talking about that yesterday. He even said flat out, you know, yesterday on CNN that Black people are tired of being and I'm paraphrasing, being the mule, you know, for the Democrat Party. He even talked about how women are particularly Black women are particularly tired and that they just have not done a good job messaging. But again, Charlemagne, you said this how many times before, and every time somebody says that, oh you hate no, you're helping Trump It's not about helping Trump. It's about saying that there is a problem, and now here you are less than nine months before a time to vote in the general election, and now the time the clock is ticking, and some would even argue that the time has ran out for you to make any substantial changes.
Speaker 2: Says, nobody listens to me. I have a lisp.
Speaker 8: I am just a hip hop radio personality. Okay, nobody's gonna listen to me when it comes to stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But I will say this. I know polls are just the forecast.
Speaker 8: But the reason there should be extreme panic in the Biden campaign is because you just have to simple look across the aisle at his competition, a man who has ninety one criminal charges, four indictments, two impeachments, and forget about what he's talking about doing in regard to being a dictator. Look at the things he's already done, an attempted coop of his country. He's put people on the Supreme Court that have taken away rights.
Speaker 3: Like Roe v.
Speaker 8: Wade, you know, gutting affirmative action in colleges, And this is the guy you're getting.
Speaker 2: Your ass handed to, getting your ass kicked bying the polls.
Speaker 1: That guy, come on poll left the pole.
Speaker 2: That's the person in America's choosing. There should be reason for.
Speaker 4: Alarm, yo, Right, and just point this out as well. Donald Trump never stopped campaigning.
Speaker 2: Never he is.
Speaker 4: This man has had a rally consistently every month for four years straight. You know, when everybody thought he got off Twitter at all, we're not on Twitter anymore, and oh we don't have to hear about it anymore. They have consistently ran a campaign year around for four years straight. So here you are now, nine months before it's time to get in the camp is not even on the ground, not even knocking on doors. I've worked on city commissioner races that go out two years before you go to election day. So it's just very disturbing why the administration thinks that it is more important to be inside the White House and not on the ground. This is just basic campaign one on one. It just it just disturbing it and it makes no sense. So when you have people like President Obama even saying, hey, it's a problem. Yes, so they Michelle Obama, Obama said that it's a problem.
Speaker 13: George was at Carville. He also said it's a problem.
Speaker 4: You know, he ride hard for Democrats, so uh we have seen his time and time again, those who consistently, you know, uh rock with the Democrats saying that it is a problem. It's not just Charlemagne or Tesla. It is people who have worked on these campaigns that have admitted that it is a problem. So are they gonna move or not?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I don't know if Donald trumple's campaigning as much as he's been complaining, But to your point, he's definitely been outside, been outside. I haven't heard him talk about much legislation or policy, but he's definitely been outside.
Speaker 13: He's been talking about immigration, he's been talking about inflation.
Speaker 8: He's been talking I think more recently, Yeah, more recently he's pivoted to that. Before before it was just look what they're doing to me, what they what they're doing to me is what they want to do to you.
Speaker 1: You know, they're out, you know.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, literally having rallies, you know, out, touching and engaging.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that matters, all right, Well, that is Front page News taking tis absolutely.
Speaker 8: And make sure you follow Teland Figureo on all social media platforms at tesling figure out and subscribe to this great shot no chase of podcasts on the Black Effect.
Speaker 2: iHeart radio podcast network.
Speaker 10: All right, well, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five to one. We were talking behind the scenes, talking about what age is it appropriate for you to leave your kid at home right now? This conversation comes from a bunch of different places. One, my son is ten years old, and my daughters, they dance, they have to go to recitals, and sometimes those recitals are three four hours, and my son hates going. He wants to stay home. He wants to play on his video games, he wants to watch TV. And I won't allow him to stay.
Speaker 1: Home at ten.
Speaker 10: I'm just that parent, especially gonna be going for a couple hours.
Speaker 1: I just don't want my son home at that time. Yeah, I don't like it either.
Speaker 8: I mean, my oldest is fifteen, and you know, I don't even like letting her stay home by herself.
Speaker 1: Fifteen, You can stay at home, bro, you're a teenager.
Speaker 29: You can.
Speaker 8: But you know, just things happened so fast that day. And it's so funny that we all sound like our parents. That's what my parents used to tell me. Things happened so fast. You know what I mean, things happened so fast, and it's just like that's how I truly feel. But then I also wanted to where things safer when we were young, because like I used to get off the bus, you know, at six years old, eight years old, go to my grandma's house. Door was unlocked or the key might be under the mat, and you know, you sit there and wait until an adult comes.
Speaker 29: Right.
Speaker 8: But I was also getting left a at age ye, so you know what I mean. I didn't look at it as the leftation.
Speaker 23: Man.
Speaker 2: I thought I was just getting some action, but you know, it wasn't really safer.
Speaker 10: Well yeah, I mean, I'm similar minus being molested. But yeah, I would have to take the bus home by myself in sixth grade. I don't know how old I was the sixth grade, but I had to take the bus home in sixth grade is seventh grade, eighth grade, I did everything myself. Sixth grade is like I don't know, ten, maybe nine to ten, yeah, because third.
Speaker 2: Grade is around eight yeah, so six yeah, six is like first grade. But that's my point.
Speaker 8: I don't know if things are necessarily safer are Maybe we're just more strict because of the things that happened to us. I know that's the way I am. Or I'm that way because I was getting diddled when I was eight.
Speaker 10: We see more than negativity now, because you think about it, there was no social media, so we see constant negative images, negative things happening to our kids all the time.
Speaker 8: I don't even I mean that too, But I also think it's just based off experiences. The things that you know, we that have actually happened to us are things that have happened to people close to us. I just think that the world is a lot different than it was when we were growing up in the nineteen hundred and eighty, in ninety yeah, you know, so, I don't think there's anything wrong with being very very cautious about leaving your kids by yourself.
Speaker 1: All right, what age do you leave your kids home alone for?
Speaker 10: Let's talk about it. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. It's the breakfast Clog of Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: It's topic time.
Speaker 5: Call eight hundred five eight five one oh five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 10: Everybody is DJ Envy Charlemagne de Gud. We are to Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us. We open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. At what age do you leave your kids home alone?
Speaker 1: All right? Now this conversation, we were talking behind the scenes my son, who is ten years old.
Speaker 10: I have three little girls that dance, and they do recitals, and sometimes those recital takes a couple of hours, and my son hates going, hates it, so he wants to stay home, and I can't let him stay home. He wants to play his video games at home, he wants to watch TV. He just don't want to be with his sister as they dance, all right, So yeah, I won't let him. I think ten is too young now. Twenty minutes, thirty minutes at the crib alone, yes, but a couple of hours, naw me.
Speaker 8: Twenty minutes not either, because things happen fast. It's interesting, right, because I got I got four daughters fifteen eight, you know, five and two, And I don't know why they.
Speaker 2: Don't seem as mature as we did when we were that age.
Speaker 8: But I don't know if we were necessarily more mature or we just had more responsibility put on us, meaning like I would get dropped off by the school bus at like seven eight years old and walk to my grandma's house. Go sit in my grandma's house and wait for an adult to get off work. Because my grandma was a lunch lady, so she'd be the first person to get home. My mom's a school teacher, she'd get home. She get to my grandma's house a little bit later. So I don't know if it's because our kids don't seem as mature as we did, or maybe we didn't seem that mature either. We just had to handle more responsibility because there was no other choice. There was no affording of babysitters back then, no affording of nannies back then.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, this is what you have to do in order to eat, basically because.
Speaker 8: Your parents got to make a living, your grandma, grandparents got to make a living, so you gotta do what you gotta do and be responsible enough to make their life easier.
Speaker 10: Noah, you're right, And I was thinking about it yesterday, Like my mom got off of work at five. There were no sick days, and when I mean sick days, like it would have to be a lot for my mom to miswork because I was sick, like when I was sick, I still went to school. Like when I was sick, I stayed home alone. My mom did not, my poss really did not miss school. But back to the kids, we should feel more comfortable because when I was a kid, I didn't have cameras in my house or around my house. I didn't I only have two phones and it with the long cord. Now my kids got cell phones. There's cameras all over the house.
Speaker 1: There's so many.
Speaker 8: The way my anxiety set up, people would be more protective the way my anxiety set up. All that means for me is I get to see somebody kidding at my kids. I get to see somebody you know what I'm saying. So I'm not with that cause I don't know if things were necessarily safer, because, like I've told y'all, if you read my book and everything, I was getting diddled at age years old.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I was getting touched on at age years old.
Speaker 8: So it's just like where things actually safer, Yeah, you know what I mean, Like just because just because safety, just because something violent doesn't happen, doesn't mean things are safer. And things weren't safer back then how many stories we got people our age, men and women who are getting touched on?
Speaker 10: Yeah, but see I hear more of it now. But I know it's you're nervous, though. See I hear more of it now. Like before it was channel two, channel four, channel seven, channel nine in the newspaper, that was it. Now oxy, there's Google, there's TikTok, there's social media, there's x there's instrument.
Speaker 1: It's so much to.
Speaker 8: Say, which makes me worse. So are people crazier? Are crazy? As always existed? We just get to see it more, We get to see it more. Thing, No, I think people are crazier. And I think because all of those all of that technology you named, makes people more crazier. Because people like to perform. Everybody know they got an audience. And when you got an audience, you like to show your ass. What your parents you can tell you that you want to show, You want to show off a company, come over, you want to show you as, you want to show you as.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people showing their ass.
Speaker 8: I don't don't age twenty one when twenty If you live with me, twenty twenty one, go to the foll Lives.
Speaker 30: Hello, who's this is this Coco College from Heart for Connecticut.
Speaker 10: Hey, Coco from Connecticut. At what age would you leave your child at home alone?
Speaker 30: Well, I think it depends on the child, because children mature different, that's true. And like a sen year old and he's he's the same like you living. He doesn't like to go out to all of the events we go with with women, his sisters. But he's a gamer and he's very mature. And I want to stay home for a hour or two and we'll come back and he's still in this room. He has a cell phone, he got his little smack. But I would not have left my daughter home when.
Speaker 23: She was ten.
Speaker 30: She was a little bit more into things, touching stuff and getting in and stuff. I think it's definitely a staff on the maturity of the child.
Speaker 1: I agree, But you know what bothers me, Coco with the gaming.
Speaker 10: They got their headphones on, right, And if your son it is like my son, that's right, it's yelling, right, So he yells, so he don't know what's going on in the whole house.
Speaker 2: Can be on fire. He's in there playing goddamn Minecraft.
Speaker 1: Right, did that smoke?
Speaker 2: Because Coco, you know what I do.
Speaker 10: I sneak up in his room sometimes and I just and I'll just sit there and I watch him play, and I'll hide. I'll hide on the side of the bed and I just yell his name, Jackson. He takes his head off and he's looking for me. He don't know what's day. And I'll just try to scare the issh out of him, just to make him away because he don't know what's happening during that time.
Speaker 30: You're right, I mean, because my ten year old is just like the headphones on, screaming at the game and the house probably could be burning down. But for the most part, that hasn't happened. He's just a really mature kid, you know. He's not like somebody that messes up.
Speaker 29: So I watched him.
Speaker 1: You know, it depends on the kids, all right, Coch, what game does he play?
Speaker 2: Coco?
Speaker 3: He likes them all.
Speaker 30: He likes Fortnite, he likes to a Gorilla tag on the question, you know all that stuff, Coco.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna get your son's gaming and I'm I'm gonna link him up with my son so they good, so they could play play together.
Speaker 1: Can my son be going in?
Speaker 15: Absolutely?
Speaker 14: He do tell you hear me.
Speaker 30: I just want to say thank you guys so much. I listen to you guys every morning, and I finally got through Happy New Year to you all, and I just want to say thank you so much.
Speaker 23: To do with you guys, thank you.
Speaker 8: But that's that's what I'm saying about the kids, man, Like I don't know if we were more mature when we were younger, or we just had the weight of the responsibility, meaning that our parents were at work. We couldn't afford babysitters, and we knew that, like there was a there was a there was a conversation that was had, like hey, I gotta be at work, so when you get off the bus, and it was there was something to that, right, like when your parents give you that kind of responsibility, you didn't want to let them down, you know.
Speaker 10: But See, there was rules and regulations, right, so you knew not the answer that door, right, you knew certain things you had to say and you couldn't say the teachers and certain things you could.
Speaker 8: Y'all grew up in the city, so it was different for us growing up down south in the country. We probably didn't lock the door.
Speaker 2: At that time.
Speaker 8: We locked the door, you know what I mean. And then like we knew everybody in the area. There was no random people popping up to the house.
Speaker 10: Like if somebody came to up and said, where's your mama? Right when I was a kid, I'd probably be like, oh, my mom just went to the to the mailbox, right that, she'd be right back.
Speaker 1: My son would be like, oh, mom and dad is at the recital.
Speaker 10: They be back in five hours. Like there's too much tooth going on that Lord have mercy. Yes, absolutely, Amanda. Good morning, Amanda, Amanda, Good morning for people. Hey, good morning, Amanda.
Speaker 1: What age do you all right? Listen, I'm gonna tell you twelve wat twelve listen.
Speaker 25: Because they come off the bus, they need to go home, and they know, like I get home at five, it's not that far as two hours away.
Speaker 22: That's the test trial.
Speaker 30: You did for two hours two hours away.
Speaker 23: I get home at five, So they get off the bus at three.
Speaker 8: They got two hours to stay home.
Speaker 21: That's the test trial.
Speaker 31: Then when they hit thirteen, you know, wait, oh my god, my husband is crazy.
Speaker 30: He wants to tell y'all's not twelve.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what is your husband?
Speaker 15: Yeah, shut out to the breakfast club.
Speaker 23: Run.
Speaker 11: What's up?
Speaker 1: Man's what age? What age you leave your kid at home alone?
Speaker 15: Fourteen?
Speaker 11: High school?
Speaker 1: High school?
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at fourteen?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 18: All right, shout out to whole life love king.
Speaker 1: Yeah so, I mean, but see seventh and eighth greatest.
Speaker 10: When you really start taking the buses, especially in the city, start taking the bus, you get that the half bus pass or the bus passed.
Speaker 2: And we was riding yellow busses in kindergarten. What are you talking about about city buses?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 2: I hold no, no about that.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one.
Speaker 10: At what age is it okay to leave your child at home and seeing the city. Some of the kids take the bus at nine ten years old, the city bus, not the yellow bus. The city bus, to say something, man, or the subway.
Speaker 8: There's no way I would let my child ride the subway or the city bus at nine years old in New York City in twenty twenty four, it's no way. You see a crazy stuff that happened on the train nowadays, the crazy stuff that be having on public transportation, I don't believe parents are still doing that. I gotta I'm sure that they are because it just like I was talking about earlier, you'd have no choice, right, But man, bro.
Speaker 2: Y'all better than me because the way my anxiety is set up.
Speaker 1: Man, hell No.
Speaker 10: Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five wone. Let's discuss it as the breakfast Clug morning.
Speaker 6: Y'all talking about it? You know we talking about it.
Speaker 5: It's topic times called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast.
Speaker 1: Club Morning, everybody.
Speaker 10: It's DJ NV Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club. If he's just joining us, we're asking, at what age do you allow your child to stay at home alone? It's a conversation we would have and actually comes to my son, Jackson. He's a gamer. He loves to play game. He's ten years old. His sisters have recitals and he hates going to the recitals. He wants to stay home. He wants the game, he wants to chill, watch TV, play on his phone. But it's like I don't like leaving him home alone. Sorry, just it is what it is.
Speaker 1: So we're asking, at what age is it? Okay?
Speaker 29: Hello, Derek, Yeah, I'm married.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hey, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, Derek, at what age is okay to leave your child at home?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 29: Man, I'm from the d right, so I would definitely one percent, say sixteen seventeen is the lowest I would do. And not only because all the crime is will owned, but because you can't trust that a kid instinct is the same as an adult fire breakout. Do they know how to use the fire extinguish? Sure, you know, a child has to be prepared to be at home by theyself. You can't just take AIDS as an appropate thing to determine if a child is old enough to be at home by itself. You got to make sure they quit with the knowledge of the emergency.
Speaker 2: I agree. And you know what else too, Man, Well, but you know we had less distractions when we were kids.
Speaker 1: You're talking at junior senior in high.
Speaker 8: School, okay, seen, And I agree with him, Like you're you're basing this off how we grew up, Like right now, I think that there's a lot more things going on in the world and there's more distractions for kids. We were able to be more focused when we were home alone because we didn't have nothing to do.
Speaker 20: Yeah, right.
Speaker 29: Not only that, you got to remember the dangers of the world. See, and when you you got namies and stuff. But even when your ends at home by they tell they ain't at home by they chelf actually is at home by theyself. Now you know, if a drive back should happened, or fire your breakout, you know what kid fourteen twelve under fourteen.
Speaker 23: Knows what to do.
Speaker 29: I mean, yeah, you go call the police, but what happened in between the times? But them getting there, you're still in danger. You understand what I'm saying. It's too much going on in the world. Man to be so negligve is African Americans. We were the first ones on TV doing the gold something and ask them for help and talking. But I don't understand why because you ain't using our knowledge and understanding of what the world is today. It ain't what it used to be in eighteen hundreds. As uncle Charlotte Sacke, yeah, yeah, yeah, nineteen.
Speaker 10: I think seventeen is just it's a little too far because I don't a lot of kids go to college at eighteen.
Speaker 1: Well, so if you never stayed at home at seventeen, how do you go to college?
Speaker 8: College, it's a totally different ballgame. I'm not mad sometimes it's worse depending on what the college. And by the way, that person who just called, what's the brother name, Derek, Derek, Derek that called from Detroit. Derek knows his environment better than either one of us. So Derek exactly, you know what age his child is fit to be in that environment?
Speaker 1: Yep, and we all do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And growing up in Queens, we had, like my dad taught me different routes if there's a fire, if there's an incident, where to hide, where to go, who to.
Speaker 1: Call, like, we go through that whole thing. You got Andrew on the line, Andrew, good morning, Good morning man. Hey, how you feel arewere you call him from?
Speaker 23: Call from Alabama?
Speaker 1: Alabama?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: What age is it okay to leave your child at home?
Speaker 23: Well, see, there's a lot of discussion about that that they had. But my son is thirteen and he stays at home by hisself. But we also have rules in place. You know, if somebody comes up to the door, he don't need to go to the door, he needs to call one of us. You know, he's got a cell phone. He knows how to use it. If somebody tries to break in, call the place.
Speaker 2: You know, how old is it.
Speaker 8: He's thirteen thirteen, okay, And where y'all at where you'll live at Alabama?
Speaker 2: Alabama? See Alabama?
Speaker 1: You live in like a rural area.
Speaker 23: I mean it's a little city. It's got two red lights and a big weekley.
Speaker 2: So everybody pretty much knows each other.
Speaker 23: I would say that. But there's a lot of there's a lot of what's the word they gets out here? Oh yeah, so you know it's it's one of them. There's a kind of a controversial, controversial thing. But like I said, he startaining and he does really good. He's very responsible.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And then you know what, when I was young too, I also it's gonna sound funny, but I also had a dog too. So when I was getting off that bus early there was you always had a little punk ass dog. Always had a punk ass dog. Always had a dog at the house as well. So if there was ever a situation, I had some help when I got to the crib. But what's the moral of the story. I mean, the moral of the story is you got to do what works for you. Like I said earlier, you know, everybody knows their environment, right.
Speaker 8: And you know your child So if you think your child is mentally and emotionally prepared to stay at home, and you live in the type of environment where you feel comfortable leaving that kid at home, sure do it.
Speaker 2: But me, no, twenty one years old. You you old enough to stay at.
Speaker 8: Home by yourself if you ask me, well, that's just you know, me being a very micro managing father.
Speaker 2: He is well at the moment.
Speaker 10: All right, Well, when we come back, we got your room and report. We got to tell you about the Book of Clarence, a movie that comes out January twelfth, executive produced by Jay Z and the soundtrack, Well, Jay has a song on name. We'll tell you about it when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club in the morning, darning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's j n V.
Speaker 10: Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk the Book of Clarence.
Speaker 2: All out of.
Speaker 3: Names or you've gossip been when you chatty, this is the rumor report.
Speaker 16: I mean, I guess were on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea spells right right now.
Speaker 10: The Book of Clarence is a movie that comes out January twelfth, is executive produced by jay Z written by James Samuel. Now the book, I guess. I think James Samuel is coming in one day this week to break it down. But jay Z speaks about why did he decided to ep the film and why it was so important to him.
Speaker 32: For us, these are not tough subjects. It's like, no accurate subject. Let's paint the picture in the correct way. Everyone was there. It's just like we were excluded. Like you'll see a Western and you'll see you know, you know Asian people. It's just like either they're in the back, you know, doing the laundry, or they own like the Opium house.
Speaker 1: It's like crazy, it's crazy, like that's.
Speaker 32: That's not it's just not accurate. So for us to go back and like paint this picture correctly, I just was really speaking to that. It's not we don't tackle tough subjects. We just say we love this story. This is a great story to tell, and let's tell a complete.
Speaker 8: Full picture, fantastic, fantastic movie. I can't wait to discuss with the writer James Samuel. I don't quite understand what Jay is saying right there though, because the movie is fictional and it's a comedy. I understand that, Yeah, there's there was probably black people there, but not the story that they told didn't necessarily happen.
Speaker 10: I guess he was saying a lot of the movies that we see, especially based just biblical times, yeah, the exclude us.
Speaker 1: So this one was so inclusive in this movie.
Speaker 8: Talking about it the way he's talking about he makes it sound like it's a true story like that, like this was something that was omitted from scripture.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe it wasn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe it's parts. Well, we'll talk to if it was mission man.
Speaker 8: And by the way, Jesus, Jesus was already black, but in the movie they still depicted you know what we're talking.
Speaker 1: About, they did them as No, they didn't.
Speaker 2: Well you're talking about what are.
Speaker 10: You talking about in the movie? You talking about the ending when where they drew him out and he was Jesus.
Speaker 8: Was white throughout the whole movie. Jesus was black throughout the whole No, he wasn't. And Clarence was black, and Jesus the Messiah was black.
Speaker 1: No he wasn't, Yes he was.
Speaker 8: No, he was what movie did you watch? The Book of Clarence? God was black in the movie. There was God and then there was Jesus.
Speaker 1: Which one was you concuse me, I talked to you. After I talked to you, we talk anyway now.
Speaker 10: Also, uh, jay Z of course James Samuel, who is the writer, also did an album. On this album, it features Bouja Bontwan, Lil Wayne Shaper ranks, uh, so many people and jay Z did a song with this individual.
Speaker 2: What are we getting?
Speaker 1: That soundtrack one to twelve?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, man, that soundtrack? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Why you clap?
Speaker 3: You don't even know what sounds track?
Speaker 2: Let me take something that soundtrack saw the movie? Man, Yeah, that's soundtrack.
Speaker 1: Give the audience fed mean that.
Speaker 2: Soundtrack, go hard.
Speaker 33: There's a there's a nine minute song with jay Z and another special guest that.
Speaker 1: I mean they sitting through here.
Speaker 2: Give it to him. Man, why are you holding it?
Speaker 32: Why are you holding.
Speaker 12: You?
Speaker 3: Don't deprive the people.
Speaker 2: It's so deep.
Speaker 33: Di'angelo and jay Z on the same track, like nine minutes thirty three seconds of absolute, soulful, biblical bliss.
Speaker 2: Were you in the edd?
Speaker 1: You're in the agelo ho A couple of words of the joint got you back in the book.
Speaker 3: You deserve this, like You're welcome.
Speaker 10: That was a conversation during a premiere with Elliott Wilson. Salute to Elliott Wilson. Now also something that I thought was pretty dope. During the red carpet, they asked jay Z about the super Bowl and if he was ready to perform at the super Bowl, and this is what he said.
Speaker 8: You never get on stage, and now get on stage super Bowl halftime stage.
Speaker 32: I don't know, you know, I thought it would be selfish to pick myself like too early.
Speaker 2: So maybe one year maybe, So.
Speaker 8: I can't wait to see that. He just want to you just want to end me for the Rihanna's super Bowl half time performer. They've already won Emmys for the Rihanna super Bowl halftime performance. They won Emmys for Doctor Dre's super Bowl halftime performance. At this point, rock me. She can do what they want. I mean, he'd been doing what they want at the halftime show. They've given us usher this year. I'm sure that's gonna be another Emmy winning performance. So that sets up Lil Wayne Draking Friends in New Orleans for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yep, got it, we need that now.
Speaker 10: Yesterday Charlemagne gave Donkey of the day to I believe his name was theobra reading that was a gentleman. If you don't remember, he jumped on the judge after the judge gave him some time. Well, he was back in court yesterday, but they were prepared for his ask.
Speaker 34: Yesterday he made headlines for attacking a judge just as she was about to pronounce sentence.
Speaker 1: And today was back in court, and this time security was on high alert.
Speaker 34: The out of controlled defendant who leaped over the bench to attack a judge was back in court today, a spit hood covering his head, his hands in shackles with special coverings. At least eight court officers stood at already. If he tried anything, he also faced the same judge he attacked when he made that flying tackle over the bench last Wednesday.
Speaker 25: I want to make it clear that I am not changing or modifying the sentence. I was in the process of influension last week before I was interrupted.
Speaker 1: By defendant's actions.
Speaker 34: Judge Mary kay holt this sentence Dio brah read in today to a minimum nineteen months in prison for attempted battery.
Speaker 8: Now, I saw his sister yesterday say that he suffers from some type of mental health issues, and he must because if you were going to get nineteen months and you decided to fly for a desk and jump on a judge, he's probably gonna get twenty years for that.
Speaker 10: Well, he's facing thirteen new charges, and that judge won't be the one that sentences him on that one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but the other judge is a judge, and the other judge is going to make an example that you don't do stuff like this the judges. Okay, Well, so you know, if he does suffer from mental health issues, I hope that this mental health treatment that comes along with his incarceration.
Speaker 2: All right, I do hope that. But you know, you commit crimes like that, you got to you gotta do the time.
Speaker 10: Well, Judge Judy spoke out about this yesterday. She said something that I said yesterday. It just didn't make sense to me.
Speaker 14: Vickerd Fallon, who just recently attacked a judge in Clark County.
Speaker 13: I saw the video insane. What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 7: I was actually shocked to Fender managed to get as far as he did without somebody shooting him. But it probably happened in a self last.
Speaker 2: That you know, on once he was there.
Speaker 7: It was there were too many people, But I was actually shocked that somebody managed to get as close to her on.
Speaker 2: Top of him and he couldn't get a clear shot.
Speaker 1: That's what I was But how could he? Like nobody, he had to run around the desk.
Speaker 8: And then that is why the man, that's why society has failed this individual. I told y'all this yesterday. He's clearly a top five athlete of all time. I tried to tell y'all this yesterday. Is that quick, clearly, That's what I was trying to explain to y'all yesterday. He is clearly a top five athlete of all time. He had to run fast, He had to evade people and to be able to jump from the floor over the desk. He cleared the desk, y'all. He didn't touch it. Arms didn't touch it. He didn't use his arms to lunge himself up. Just a clear top.
Speaker 2: Five athletes of all time.
Speaker 8: And you gotta put him up up there with Dion Standers, Bo Jackson, Michael, Michael Jordan's, Lance Armstrong.
Speaker 2: He wanted them, but society failed, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Michael fell and.
Speaker 8: Still had the energy to fight I haven't seen that kind of athleticism since I seen that brother jumping that water and when it was that Alabama Alabama over to Alabama and got m up on top of the thing and then start fighting boying some athletes out here. You hear me Nick saving him. Y'all in the wrong places recruiting talent. Okay, all right, well that is your roomor report now dog to day? Who giving your donkle jo for?
Speaker 2: After the hour?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 8: Speaking of talents even though they are using their talents for the wrong things. There's two young women Gabriel Baker and lo Reie and Nicole Willis. They need to come in the front of the congregation. They were like, we would like.
Speaker 2: To have a word with them.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Come morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: Your execution on the Donkey of the day is something to God?
Speaker 1: Is it a reason I gave me donkey other day? And I deserve that.
Speaker 2: You need to know what you need to tell them.
Speaker 1: I am you have the voice.
Speaker 6: It's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 17: It's a reed.
Speaker 6: But you're so good at Charlamagne, you know what you wants, Charlamagne.
Speaker 2: Damn sorry man, who do you even look?
Speaker 1: The other day too?
Speaker 8: Nan Well sexy Red Donkey of to Day for Tuesday, January ninth goes to gabriel Marie Baker and Lree Nicole Willis Okay, gabriel is thirty three and Laria's thirty six, and they're both facing charges after allegedly using false personal information to buy a new Mazda. Sooth everybody out there driving the Mars. They dropping the clothes bombs for all the Masa drivers.
Speaker 2: Fun fact.
Speaker 8: Do you know Mazda comes from a horror Mazda to god of harmony, intelligence, and wisdom from the earliest civilization in West Asia. I'm saying all that to say Gabrielle and Larie are not that okay. See, Gabrielle and Larie are the epitome of city girls. There's always a scam to be unlocked with these two. And these two young ladies went to the Tim Dahl Mazda dealership and they co signed and filled out the paperwork to purchase in twenty twenty four Mazda c X thirty from the dealership. But they were purchasing it with somebody else's information. Of course they were, Okay, you're gonna get this fake social Security number on this application, and you're gonna get this fake Arizona driver's license too. Okay, while we add it, here's a fake name and fake fake birthday, and here's a fake Utah driver's license to go with the fake Arizona one, too, Okay, because I need a fake cod sign up. Oh and for good measure, here's some fake past Ubb's courtesy of one eight hundred contacts.
Speaker 1: They are top tier scam.
Speaker 2: Bam, thank you, ma'am.
Speaker 29: You hear me.
Speaker 1: They did not come to play.
Speaker 8: It worked for a little while, okay, because they agreed to buy the Mazda for almost thirty two thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: But employees became suspicious because they did not.
Speaker 8: Make their down payment in time, and when the dealership attempted to contact them, the phone numbers another contact in full.
Speaker 1: Well, they just weren't valid, right.
Speaker 8: The dealership even reportedly contacted one eight hundred contacts and they confirmed that the two were not actual employees.
Speaker 1: Duh, and the pay stuffs were false, you think.
Speaker 23: Well.
Speaker 8: Gabriel and Larie eventually did get arrested. And why did they get arrested Because the criminal always returns to the scene of the crime. Yes they do, never fails, always happens. What do you mean, uncleshallad they returned to the scene of the crime, well gb and young Utah after the vehicle they purchased I legally was reported stolen. They were arrested at the same damn tim dall Mazda dealership they basically just robbed a week before.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes they were because they was trying to catch another lick.
Speaker 8: Yes, they went back to the same Mazda dealer and tried to purchase another vehicle with the same fake name, but with a different fake data birth and social Security number. Now this is when it gets good. Officers told Baker, look, we know this info is fake, and she insisted, I mean, she insisted that it was not. Let me tell you something, man, Nigga's going nigga. I don't even know the race of these two ladies. Eddie ar producer sent me the race of the two ladies. I don't even know the race of these two ladies. And I don't care because it doesn't matter what race you are when you do stuff like this.
Speaker 2: You are a nigga? What did the late Great Paul Mooney used to say?
Speaker 8: Everybody wants to be a nigga, but don't nobody want to be a nigga now. Police said that Laurie aka Young Utah finally told Gabrielle Baker akagb to just be honest, and that's when Baker gave her the correct information. Police said, Willis was placed under arrest and searched. And when they searched her, guess what they found. That's what they found. But they found three small bags of black tar. Yeah, dope, smack that boy, that hoss China White. I'm talking about that Gil Scott.
Speaker 1: Heroin.
Speaker 8: Okay, Yes, they found that and a hollow plastic tube with black and brown reside inside because they were smoking it. Let me tell you something, man, I'm glad they found heroin. I'm glad they were smoking heroin because when I hear stories like this, I love to know that drugs are involved. It eases my mind because I'm already the most anti social social person you will ever meet. I tell y'all all the time. Every day of our life. You know, all we do when we leave our houses is an attempt to avoid crazy and people are off. We notice, Okay, folks is hurt, they need therapy, they got chemical imbalances, they're not taking their medicine. So we already got to navigate just plain old crazy in this society. So when I hear stories like this, I'm like, man, folks is nuts. But when I hear they was on dope heroin, now it makes sense. My brain can understand that. But that won't stop either one of them from getting the credit they deserve for being stupid. Please give Gabrielle Baker and Larie Willison the biggest he hull.
Speaker 2: Eddie would race the order you know I need to know. Oh, don't play again.
Speaker 10: You don't know the race either, Okay, all right, you don't know. All right, Well, thank you for that dog here today. Mmm boy, you got the race. No they don't have a picture.
Speaker 8: Oh no, somebody was tending me something about uh my wife was telling me something about the bullet clarence that I didn't realize. But that's such a good movie. That's why you gotta watch it. I gotta watch it more than once. That's the second part. I had to watch it on my phone, so there's a lot of things I couldn't get through. But when it comes out in the movie.
Speaker 11: And go watch it.
Speaker 10: Yes, all right, all right, now, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one on five one.
Speaker 1: Let's go to breakfast club court.
Speaker 2: What our boy? Oh Joe Coy, Oh man, Joe Coy.
Speaker 1: Now, Joe Coy.
Speaker 10: If you don't know, he hosted the Golden Globes this past Sunday and he's receiving a lot of back last all you did was make the illuminati uncomfortable. They're saying that people were uncomfortable. They weren't laughing at his joke. All you do is piss off from Swifties. They said, Taylor Swift didn't find it funny. The cast, the barbie didn't find it funny.
Speaker 8: Let's play what since Taylor Swift is the unofficial leader of the free world. When you piss her off, you piss off all her constituents. This is what he said about Taylor Swift.
Speaker 24: As you know, we came on after a football doubleheader. The big difference between the Golden Gloves and the NFL. On the Golden Gloves, we have fewer camera shots of Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: I swear it's just where to go to here. Sorry about that fantastic joke.
Speaker 8: And what made it even funnier was the cameraman Swift camera work handing to Taylor Swift as you got her reaction, and finally, after all these years, we saw a real emotion.
Speaker 2: Out of Taylor Swift.
Speaker 8: Taylor Swift is the same person who acts fake surprise at award show that she doesn't know she's going to win, and we finally got a real reaction from her. Those reactions you see at the NFL games, those aren't real reactions. She just sees how everybody act else acts when people score touchdowns. I saw her do it when somebody else got a touchdown. It wasn't Travis Kelsey all the case.
Speaker 2: She had cheek.
Speaker 8: She didn't know any better. She didn't know any better. Start she supused the chair after every touchdown. Yes, yes, okay now. Also, the cast of Barby was kind of upset as well.
Speaker 24: Oppenheimer is based on a seven hundred and twenty one page pull a Surprise winning book about the Manhattan Project, and Barbie is on a plastic doll with big boobies.
Speaker 1: I watched Barbie.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 1: I really did love it.
Speaker 24: I don't want you guys to think that I'm a creep, but it was kind of weird being attracted to a plastic doll.
Speaker 8: Now that jokes so. But the reason it was great was because he made the crowd uncomfortable. And once again the cameraman panned the Ryan Gossling and whoever else the young lady was from Barbie, and they looked uncomfortable. And the reason I enjoyed it because I enjoy seeing people bomb. So when he did that joke and it bombed and then he tried to climb himself out of the hole, that bought me great joy. All right, well let's call it hatred. And I loved Joe coy five. And what are your thoughts?
Speaker 23: Huh?
Speaker 8: He did a great job, okay, cause he made the illuminati uncomfortable. And I was looking at the numbers. Hold on, what were the numbers?
Speaker 1: They went about to think.
Speaker 2: Percent? Hold on't let me see. Yes, it went up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it had nine point four million viewers, largest audience since twenty twenty, up fifty percent.
Speaker 10: From last fifty percent. So let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. It's a backlash warranted. Did Joe Coy suck or know that Hollywood just not understand his joke?
Speaker 8: This is the Illuminati, and this is what y'all don't understand. Y'all want to have all these conversations about plants, all these stories of planting. You know why they're planted. Because he pissed off the leader of the free world, Taylor Swift, and he pissed off all those Illuminati members in the Golden Globes and all the Swifties online gave him backlash. This is not real, this is industry manufactured. Well, let's discuss eight hundred five one.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Shouldn't it be a lawyer?
Speaker 1: You listen too much. It's the Breakfast Love, Good.
Speaker 6: Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody.
Speaker 10: It's DJ n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 10: If you're just joining us, we're in Breakfast Club Court with our guy, Joe Coy.
Speaker 1: It received a lot of backlash.
Speaker 10: He was hosting the Golden Globes this Sunday and some people were not impressed. They were mad about the tailor Swift joke, the Barbie jokes, and a host of others. So right now we have him in Reckless Club court to say if it's warranted. I actually like Joe Cooy. I like this jokes, especially the tailor Swift.
Speaker 1: I thought it was funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jokoy made that room feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 8: And if he didn't make that room feel uncomfortable, I would have been upset, Like that's a stuffy ass industry room filled with the Illuminatis finance.
Speaker 2: Joe Koy did exactly what he was supposed to do in a room like that.
Speaker 8: And I think this is just a perfect storm, right because when you piss off a room like that and you know the crowd isn't into it. The crowd don't want to laugh at Taylor Swift cause Tylor Swift is the lead out a free world right now, so nobody wants to laugh at that. But when you get a crowd like that, you know, not responding to you. And then you got the Swifties on social media coming out in full force to defend their queen, right, the king and the king and queen defend their king and queen.
Speaker 2: It just like he's receiving a lot of backlash.
Speaker 8: And then you got these people who react to that and start writing these stories about you know how Joe Koy was cringy and you know Joe Koy bombed and YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like that. Don't believe the hype.
Speaker 1: Ya, Well, we're going to the pull lines. Just a side note, do you know Taylor Swift's cat is worth like ninety minion dollars for real?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I guess because of the commercials and movies that the cat has been in the cat and Royalty and the cat is worth actually more than Kelsey ninety min ours.
Speaker 2: What's the name of Tla's cat? I don't know, I have no I don't I didn't know she had a cat. She carried the cat around it.
Speaker 1: Though, Well that's what I've seen it on her news. But anyway, let's go to the full lines.
Speaker 11: Hello, who's this without whatever?
Speaker 1: From Queen Slims from Queen's what's up? We're talking Joe Cooy? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 32: Brother?
Speaker 19: Yoh?
Speaker 18: I thought yo envre.
Speaker 29: I thought that he made me uncomfortable the host.
Speaker 15: I watched every.
Speaker 11: Award show known to man Khan, and this was the first time that I felt like either changing the channel or just turn it off.
Speaker 15: He even made another bomb joke at the end about sushi.
Speaker 18: You know what I mean, whoa hold on?
Speaker 1: What was the sushi joke?
Speaker 23: He likes?
Speaker 11: The sushi joke was just the first time.
Speaker 15: You know, he's agent, but he's still a pan on.
Speaker 18: He likes his fool coach, you know what I mean. So I was just like, yo, that bombed.
Speaker 11: It just didn't fly.
Speaker 18: I think most of his joke bombs.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, here's the thing, y'all know how I am. I love seeing comedians bomb.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I told y'all that a million times.
Speaker 8: If you see me laughing very hard, it's because the person is bombing when a person is really good.
Speaker 2: I'm listening and I'm intent. But I still like the fact Joe.
Speaker 8: Koy made this industry illuminati crowd uncomfortable. I like the fact that he took the risk of making jokes about somebody like Taylor Swift. You know how many people they would say, hey, hey, sir, we don't want you making no jokes about Taylor Swift. You know why, because they want to tell us what to keep coming today award shows.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: I guarantee you if we talked to Joe Koy Joe Cooy would have to tell you people probably told him not to make that joke on Taylor just because Taylor is Taylor. I appreciated it, Carla.
Speaker 29: Yeah, Hey, how you guys doing today?
Speaker 1: What's yours?
Speaker 35: So I'm gonna start by saying that I've been assisted for a long time. Our lean face is on my favorite songs. But I also love football, and it's drawing had no business being on the jumble tron.
Speaker 11: It's much to see it.
Speaker 35: So it doesn't because like sometimes the like the the commentators should be talking about the game, they should be talking about the last play, and then I hear them kind of way to her face, and then they'll be like, I wonder what Taylor thought of it. She can't have no problem, and probably she was looking at something else, and I'm just like, what.
Speaker 23: What is Its?
Speaker 35: Just I feel like if we're kind of in a matrixy moment.
Speaker 22: Because John Toy is a comedian, if you're active in his audience, he should you should be. He should be an equal opportunity to choker should be a joke about anybody. It's not like it was inappropriate or untrue.
Speaker 30: It it was a decent joke, but.
Speaker 35: Because she's Taylor's like people are taking away.
Speaker 13: To look like that was his job that night.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 8: And by the way it was, it was. It was a decent joke. It was about a five or six joke. But the camera shot right the tail at acer it made it at Tenda. I don't care what y'all say. And the fact that it was at the Golden Globes. Come on, man, Joe Coy got that.
Speaker 10: Well can you can you please if you don't mind, do you want to inform the people of the text that you sent to Joe Coy after the Golden Globes.
Speaker 8: And this is why, oh no, no, no no, I sent this yesterday because I didn't even I don't be paying attention, so I didn't even know that he was receiving backlash until somebody said it to me, and then I went to go look it up and I told my guy, I said, I told my guy, don't let the Swifties and a bunch of Hollywood squares make you forget who you are. And then I sent him the tailor Swift Hatere's gonna hate gift And then I send him to tailor Swift shake it off you take it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Joe Coy not tripping off this.
Speaker 8: Joe Coy is a comedian, a real comedian, and I saw Michael Chase say something and I don't I agree with him. He basically was like, comedians shouldn't do these award shows. Real comedians shouldn't do these award shows. People could offend it. I'm telling you, the only reason Joe Koy is receiving this kind of backlash is because of the fact he made a joke about Taylor Swift and it was her reaction.
Speaker 1: If they would have if they would have panned the.
Speaker 8: Taylor Swift and she was dying laughing, if she was just do one of those fake laughs like she always do, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Speaker 2: Guarantee you well, they might be mad about the Barbie joke, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: Wouldn't have caught on like the tailor whoa eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 1: We have Joe Coy in Breakfast Club court. What's your thoughts? It's the Breakfast Club Mourning. Everybody is cej n V. Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: Now, if you're just joining us with in breakfast club Court with Joe Coy friends in the room. Comedian, he was hosting the Golden Gloves this Sunday, and people would not glove said.
Speaker 2: Golden Gloves wasn't no goddamn boxing glo. Even though the.
Speaker 8: Swifties wanted to be a boxer, they wanted the box. He definitely wanted to box Joe Coy. After he made that joke about Taylor Swift, they.
Speaker 1: Were not impressed.
Speaker 10: So we're asking, you know, is it warranted or is he people are just being a little too sensitive.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the phone lines. We got JP on the line. JP, good morning, Good morning, Hey, good morning. What's your thoughts problem any.
Speaker 18: My thoughts are on the comedian And yeah, I really have I'm really liking that. You know, nowadays comedians are starting to you know, speak about using for their material like some things that are like in the media, but like they make it for me, but they really make audience realize that they don't really map at the end of the day, in my opinion, but the fact that they make it funny and to speak about it, that that actually highlights their perform.
Speaker 2: Mon okayah and I saw I saw Joe Coy.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't know who he was talking to him looking at it in Variety, he said, golden globes post Joe Coy confront battery views and Mitch Taylor Swift joke was weird and flat. I'd be lying if I say backlash doesn't hurt. Joe Coy is such a nice guy, but he's such a sensitive person.
Speaker 2: Joe, that was not a weird joke. It was not flat. It was a joke that made absolute sense, and it was just her reaction that caused it to be the problem.
Speaker 8: Megan Kelly even said Taylor Swift made the wrong move after Joe Coy's golden globe joke because she had this livid looking reaction. It wasn't that serious and that was it wasn't that serious, look fake happy like you do any other time, Taylor.
Speaker 1: Lashawan, Yes, sir, what's your thoughts? Lashan?
Speaker 30: I enjoyed, like Saul Man said, I enjoy watching the pink people cranding their feet over.
Speaker 20: Place, joked.
Speaker 3: The people people were.
Speaker 30: Watching it so forward to see who's gonna get a golden bloke for the color purple. And we were we we tanked.
Speaker 18: There was nothing the.
Speaker 1: AO checked out an award and that Divine Lady got the award.
Speaker 10: But it was it was so so Jasmine guy got an award, right, Jasmine got I picked up a Golden Globe.
Speaker 2: Who's the Jazma guysh you won award?
Speaker 30: And Kiki Palmer t to only two African Americans took up with award.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I don't know if this was during the telecast. I know Keicky Palmer and Javmin Guy won.
Speaker 12: M Me.
Speaker 8: I don't know who was doing the telecasts. I didn't even realize Color Purple didn't win them.
Speaker 19: Research took on television on the score two.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, okay, thank you mama.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 13: Y'all?
Speaker 1: Hey Caitlyn, good morning. What's your thoughts on Joe Coy hosting the Golden Globes?
Speaker 31: I mean, my past is, it's a joke, brother, It's bad, like people all know how to creak jokes anymore. And then a to mention, I've seen the Barbie movie and it's not necessarily concluding kids really anyways, So it's like it's okay for them to put something in movies, but it's not okay for him to make a joke. Whether it's bad or not, like people just need the last one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think they was trying to say that the Barbie movie Wash was already a movie that was against misogyny or it was about misogyny or something like that.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch it.
Speaker 31: Yeah, I mean it was about like woman empowerment and all of that, and how like whether they have a face the world and they.
Speaker 32: Could be whatever.
Speaker 31: But I just like just laugh about it. I mean whatever that period, I'm.
Speaker 8: With you, mag I love seeing Joe Cooy make that industry illuminati crowd uncomfortable. And I'm telling you, if he didn't make the joke about Taylor Swift, and if Taylor Swift didn't have that you know, livid looking reaction, and if the Swifties didn't attack Joe Coy online, he would not be getting his backlash.
Speaker 31: I don't show her entirely too much anyway. If she wasn't with Travis, like, they wouldn't even show her that much. Like it's just crazy, like it's football. Why are we looking at Taylor like Lee Taylor Swift to her concerts and we were out of football.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right? Well, thank you mama.
Speaker 8: Looking at this article, on the Daily Beast, and it says Joe Coy goes on apology toy to clean up golden globes and as that.
Speaker 2: Joe, stop apologizing.
Speaker 1: Do not apologize for jokes.
Speaker 8: Okay, it is not your fault that people are extremely sensitive over Taylor swift out.
Speaker 2: Man, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Stop all right? Well, what's the more of the story. Is that your mar Oh yeah, that's more like.
Speaker 2: I told Joe yesterday. Hate, it's gonna hate, shake it off.
Speaker 17: Hate.
Speaker 2: Hell, hey, shake it off, man, You'll be fine.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: Now, when we come back, we gotta talk Jane Fonda and the N word.
Speaker 2: What yep.
Speaker 10: We'll get to a nexus the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody. It's st j n V.
Speaker 10: Charlamagnea gud. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk Jane Fonda.
Speaker 3: A name or you gossip when you chatting?
Speaker 6: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 16: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea.
Speaker 2: Spells right right.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 10: Jane Fonda, of course, she's an actress and uh they call her a film icon.
Speaker 1: You know who James Fonder is.
Speaker 2: Of course ask me stupid asked questions. Man, just make it. I know who Jane Fonda is. Who doesn't know who Jane Fond did?
Speaker 10: And she's an activist, yes, and she's an actor is of course now she talks about the time and the only time that her dad slapped the ish.
Speaker 6: Out of her.
Speaker 21: Didn't know racism until I went to Greenwich. That was the first time I ever heard the N word, and I repeated the N word once and the only time in his life that my dad's whacked me across the face. He said, don't you ever ever say that word again. My dad grew up in Omaha, Nebraska. His father, my grandfather, who I never knew, had a printing press that looked down over a central plaza a square in Omaha, and he made my father stand there and watch when a black man was taken out of the sheriff's office and hung and then dragged behind a truck around the square. And it had a huge impact on my father. He cared about justice and he hated racism. And you know, with that slap, he taught me to pay attention.
Speaker 8: I didn't watch the full interview, but I would love to know. You know why the hell was she using the N word to begin with? Like, that's what I would want to know. What was the content? Was it just of time and that's just how you referred to black people back then? But I mean, clearly if her father knew right from wrong, you know, maybe she didn't know right from wrong. Yeah, I just would have liked to know what was the context of how she used it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well you gotta you know, you gotta salute the dad too, because he corrected it immediately.
Speaker 1: Maybe not for the slap, but he corrected the situation to make sure and they put in him on that she'd never.
Speaker 8: Throw that slap. You got a factor in the time at a different times back then. What do you mean we're talking about the nineteen forties? Maybe was the forties. J Fondal was well, okay, she was born in nineteen thirty seven, so maybe I don't know forties.
Speaker 2: Was three years old.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: She was a slap a little baby she was.
Speaker 2: I just know the times is different.
Speaker 8: Yeah, to Jane fond I used to love uh Grayson, Frankie Grace and Frankie has to come on Netflix with Jane fond and Lily Toma.
Speaker 2: I never used to watch it.
Speaker 8: No, it was a hilarious show. Man's your Court, not even no, no, no, what if she got caught with a black man in her mouth or whatever?
Speaker 29: No, no, what.
Speaker 1: I'm asking now? Okay, there was a fitness person. What was her name, Jane something?
Speaker 2: What was her name? Jane Fonder?
Speaker 1: What is it the same James Founder?
Speaker 2: Let me look it up. I remember James.
Speaker 1: Is it the same Fonder that did Fitness the Fitness videos and all that. Is that the same James Fonder?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's the same person. Maybe No, No, that's twofer people, is it?
Speaker 23: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I know James James video back in the days, and I never thought the same James.
Speaker 2: The reason I never thought about it because James Fonder is old.
Speaker 8: So I know Jane Fonder from Grayson Frankie and you know eighty with Brady, Eighty for Brady or whatever movie was called.
Speaker 2: But is it the same thing?
Speaker 23: Is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's the same fitness person.
Speaker 2: Let me google. I mean, I'm pretty sure that's the same person.
Speaker 10: My mom bought the vhs back in the day. I think we did it one time. We never did it again. Jane Fonder, you did a Jame Fonder work out for my mom's Jesus Christ, my mother. Man, I was young man, you know, okay, I'm not judging you.
Speaker 1: Oh my good's all right. Well, Joey Badass he talks about and it's.
Speaker 2: Really hard to tell him just the same person because she's so old, is it?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 1: Somebody tweets let us know.
Speaker 2: I don't be on Twitter. I think it is the same person because it's born the same time. No, yes, they say it is. They say it is. Okay, okay, all right, Well this happens when you live to be eighty six years old. People. People got to look at it, look at you twenty something like, is this the same person?
Speaker 1: I didn't know. Now Joey Badass talks about why he left Raising Kanan.
Speaker 13: You know, we gotta ask, right I saw Raising Kanan. Everyone's pissed. Were you mad to see yourself kind of like written out the script kinder or are.
Speaker 36: You really dead?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I was very mad.
Speaker 2: I was upset.
Speaker 24: You know.
Speaker 36: Fortunately, I do have two careers that I'm balancing, so I had to, you know, go on toy and just kind of couldn't make it work.
Speaker 6: No, way.
Speaker 36: Yeah, they had to take out unique so you know who knows though, maybe started a petition to seth until fifty sent to bring me back. New music is coming definitely shown like this month. Actually this is my birthday month, so I'm definitely gonna put something out like in.
Speaker 3: Like a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's TV.
Speaker 8: You can always bring back people from television, not if he's dead. In different films and different you can always bring back people in TV.
Speaker 2: Come on you crazy, damn.
Speaker 8: Jane fonder was in nine to five to Remember nine to five with Dolly Parton and Louis Timlin.
Speaker 2: I didn't work in nineteen.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that.
Speaker 10: My mom said, yes, that's the same James Fonderman, Good morning, mama. I And lastly, A sap Rocky pleads not guilty for shooting asap Rally, if you don't know what happened, h he's uh, he pleaded not guilty. Now allegedly they're saying they got into an argument. Two shots can be heard that ring out. They believe that asap Relly wasn't shot, but they said fragments was actually hit him. They said asap Radley actually recovered two shellcasing himself. He picked up the showcase and then turned him into the police, but they didn't have fingerprints on him. A Say Belly show pictures of his injuries, which are small patches of row blody skin on the knuckles of his index middle end wrap.
Speaker 17: Being accused of shooting a gun at a former frantic causing minor injuries outside a Hollywood hotel.
Speaker 1: Today, he pleaded not guilty.
Speaker 17: Rakim Meyers, rapper and current partner of Rihanna arraigned today, more than two years after he allegedly fired a handgun during a heated argument in Hollywood. The thirty five year old rapper pleaded not guilty to two counts of assault with a semi automatic weapon this morning in a downtown, LA court room. He's accused of firing a gun at fellow rapper and former acquaintance Terrell Ephroud, known as Asaprelly, in November twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: He's also being sued.
Speaker 17: By Asaprelly for assault, battery, and emotional distress, a case that will play a role in this criminal case.
Speaker 2: All right, so we'll see what happened with that, and that is I'm so confused by that whole situation. By the way, who shot who? Well, he's.
Speaker 10: Shooting at his friend, right, really is saying that Rocky shot at him but didn't hit him. The fragments hit him, and he picked up the bullet fragments himself and turned it in, but it had no fingerprints on him, so they don't know.
Speaker 1: The gun wasn't found.
Speaker 10: Uh, there is a video where you do see I guess allegedly acept Rocky with the firearm, but there was no gun found.
Speaker 2: Nobody seeing the shooting. So what's this thing I'm hearing about in court? Though? What did he say in court?
Speaker 1: Oh that he said that they used to hang out every day until he got me blew up and got.
Speaker 2: Big at it. That don't sound like hate to you. Yeah, if you say that in the court of law, can I trust you as a judge?
Speaker 8: If I'm a jury and I'm listening to you, I don't think that you have ulterior motives in some way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you still can't shoot me A legendly that's.
Speaker 8: Allegedly right, but a person you don't think a person like that could make up something well like this there picking up the bullet fragments and bring him to the police.
Speaker 2: I don't mean that Rocky shot the gun.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just froming a different scenarios.
Speaker 1: It could be anything. But they have to prove that.
Speaker 2: And I don't especially that there's no fingerprints.
Speaker 1: There's no fingerprints. It's just they don't have the firearm.
Speaker 8: There's no video. Nobody else was there story. I hope they figure it out, they said. I hope they don't.
Speaker 2: I hope they get justice. You heard that. I like, I didn't mean to do that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, all right, Well that is your room or report up next to the People's Choice Mix. Don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: And I don't know.
Speaker 10: About anywhere else in the world, but I know on the East Coast they're talking about it's gonna be nasty over here. They're talking about rainstorms and windstorms and possibly tornados and all types of crazy stuff.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they don't care about that anywhere else. That's that's just the US problem. Yeah, that's just the US problem. But wherever you are in the world today, man, you know, just just just stay focused, all right, I was listening to Torrey Roberts on the way in the work and he had a I actually posted it on my Instagram and he talked.
Speaker 2: He said, the the the biggest of attack that can happen to people nowadays is the.
Speaker 1: Attack of distraction.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: He was like, We're always being distracted, and he said that the reason that is such a big attack is because whenever we're not focused, whenever we're not clear about what we want to do and what our goals are, that's when you know the devil is able to lead us with stray and cause us not the wind the way that we should. So always remember your focus determines your reality. You got to starve your distractions and feed your focus.
Speaker 10: Man, absolutely, yes, all right, Well when we come back, we got the positive notice to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning morning everybody. It's thej n D.
Speaker 10: Charlemagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time to get up out of here, Charlamon. You got a positive note, I do it.
Speaker 8: I'm just gonna repeat what I just said a little while ago. Man, Always remember your focus determines your reality.
Speaker 2: Word up.
Speaker 8: You got to starve your distractions and feed your focus. When you're focused, you are unstoppable. All right, have a great day, breakfast club, you're
Speaker 3: Finished with your dub