Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all bat all at all, So.
Speaker 4: Don't given them.
Speaker 1: Black the millon bu bu boozy.
Speaker 5: Listen to.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 4: I want joy, Yeah, joy, You want to do that?
Speaker 5: You love? Turn you.
Speaker 4: Gotta turn.
Speaker 6: To turn the mouth, turn the probably, got to turn the mouth out, turn the water the monk.
Speaker 4: Come come out your.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, I sure will.
Speaker 7: Good morning everybody, y all listening to the voice, Come on dig me now, one and only Steve Harvey got a radio show. Man, old Man, Oh Man symbolizes just one thing to me. Man, It's just a constant remind of exactly how good God has been to me over the years. And I'm thanking for it too, because I realize every day that I wake up that I would be nothing without Him. That everything I am, that's any good in me, I owe to him.
Speaker 2: Now. Have I made some mistakes along the way?
Speaker 7: Yep, bunches, bunches and bunches. And will I continue to make mistakes along the way yep? Not as many, hopefully as I have in the past, because a lot of stuff I know better now. But you're still going to make mistakes now, you know, hopefully I've limited the amount of intentional in my life. I've wiped quite a few of those out. But from time to time, because we're human, we're going to make a mistake every now and then. The trick, what it is, y'all, is not to let the devil deceive you into thinking that once you make that mistake that that's it.
Speaker 2: You can't do it.
Speaker 7: You're falling off the wagon. You can't reboard it. That's the biggest trick that he uses. He makes you think that if you keep stumbling, that you can't run the race. It kind of reminds me of a marathon runner. From time to time I watch them on TV, and you'll see some people who finish the race, you know, in a nice pace. You see people finish the race sprinting towards the finished line. But every now and then you'll watch a marathon and you'll see a runner and the runner is in really, really bad shape.
Speaker 2: The key is they finish the race.
Speaker 7: See, you don't get disqualified in the marathon because you stumble.
Speaker 2: You don't. They don't.
Speaker 7: They don't take your opportunity to finish the race because you keep falling.
Speaker 2: That's not the key. The key is finishing.
Speaker 7: And a lot of times what the devil does is he makes you think that because you keep stumbling, because you're swaying from side to side, that you know you out the race. Well that's not the case. And see and then this thing called life. Let me help you understand something. Everybody falls, Nobody sprints to the tape in this one. Nobody just runs free and clear that as some people running faster than you, and all like this, and some people gonna get to the end before you let them go ahead. And when the end come, the end come. I ain't in the rust. You get to the end.
Speaker 2: But in this race, though, when you're stumbling and you're falling, it's a part of it. No one gets through this.
Speaker 7: Race without stumbling and falling, swaying from side to side. So don't let the enemy to see you and the thinking that it's over. I try to be encouraging to people because I don't want people to get stuck on this thing, you know. And my walk is very different from a lot of people's walks. And then I know a lot of people who walking in faith the way I'm walking in faith. But my thing in the morning is just to remind those that is not a perfect walk man, that it's not something that's set up where you're gonna be skipping through life scott free without any pitfalls. You know, I keep saying it over and over and over again because, like I said, when I was in DC, my boy Hondo said this to me and it just kind of stuck with me that the road to construct, the road to success is always under construction. You have to figure and count on the setbacks and the pitfalls. But it's those people that are that that are that fight through will be the victors in the end. You cannot give up, man, Stop going somewhere and sitting down every time something goes down. It's going to go down. It's a part of it. It's going to happen. It's going to occur that are going to be setbacks. If you go and sit down every time there's a setback, that's not how this works. It is designed that way. If success were easy, everybody would be successful.
Speaker 2: But success is just reserved for those who are willing to fight through.
Speaker 7: Who refuse to settle for mediocrity, who wants something more. Now, don't get me wrong. Success is defined by each individual. So what I may consider to be successful. You may not consider that. You know what Bill Gates considered successful. I might not consider what Michael Jordan considered successful. I might not consider what you consider successful. Your boss might not consider. You have to define what that is for yourself. It may not be monetary at all. You know, your level of success could be tied up in community service. It could be tied up in family. It could be tied up.
Speaker 4: In the church.
Speaker 7: Your level of success could be tied up into boys clubs. It could be any number of things. Whatever your level of success is, you have to determine what that is you and the best way to determine that is to get in touch with your maker, who created you, to find out what your mission and your purpose is so he can put you on track. I just had this conversation with my son, and we were talking about getting on the path that God has set up for you. Many times we find ourselves fighting through life because of so much uncertainty, because we have no idea where we're headed.
Speaker 2: It's like one of my.
Speaker 7: Sayings that I have at my mentoring camp for boys is is that a boy without a male role model is like an explorer without a map. See if you don't have a map laid out in front of you of where you're going when you wake up every day, that pretty much explains the feeling of confusion, the laxadaisical attitude, the lack of purpose, to not understanding your mission because you don't have not gotten in touch with your creator to find out exactly what your path in life is. What are you supposed to be doing? The moment you can identify that is the moment that you get started waking up with purpose, with the sense of direction. When you kill the sense of I don't know what's next or what to do. Now, there's going to be some confusing moments no matter what happened, it's going to be some uncertainty, but at least you'll know where you're going. So if you're tied a waking up feeling loss, abandon confuse, don't know what to do, don't know what you're supposed to be doing, refer back to your makeup. Because when He created you, he had a plan for you. When he created you, he.
Speaker 2: Had a path for you.
Speaker 7: Now we've made some decisions to get off of both of those, the mission and the path. But God can get you right back on track. Do that today, ask him what you're supposed to be doing, and listen. God has all the answers if you form the relationship. Okaytening show, ladies and gentlemen, it's time again.
Speaker 2: It's time to be grateful.
Speaker 7: It's time to wake up, give honor, and thanks to the Almighty for letting you see another day.
Speaker 2: Man, oh man, oh man, God is good.
Speaker 1: You know something, y'all.
Speaker 7: Twenty twenty four is starting off rather well for me, and I just want you to know why, because.
Speaker 2: You know what I've learned so much. It is every year I.
Speaker 7: Live, I learn more and more and more and more. And I want all y'all to put this in your head. What God has for you. There is not a living soul that can stop that from happening. And man, what God made you to be. You are who you are because God willed it so you in good hands. If you are a person who believes in God, you are in good hands. And don't worry about what they out there saying because they have nothing else to do.
Speaker 2: Man, oh man, oh man, I ain't got nothing else to do. See Harby morning to show y'all. Charity Strawberry calling.
Speaker 7: For Reil, Mississippi, Monica Junior government name is kill Spas Ladies and gentlemen, legend that he is nephew Tommy Junior.
Speaker 2: It's a new year. What's on your mind?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: I feel for some people, man, because nine days in they not already quit on their dream.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: Nine days in, friend of mine and called up said, man, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I said, what's wrong? Man?
Speaker 6: He said, Man, I ain't gonna be able to get to this CDL license. So now he didn't quit on the CDL dream. See, all he had to do was you go down to school, go get his license, and he can go drive trucks.
Speaker 2: But I found out he ain't got no driving license. Damn, he had to give it up. He ain't got no reving license.
Speaker 7: What the steps to success? I think that's what everybody has to understand. There's steps to success, and a lot of the steps you're going to take is going to be difficult, you know what, man. I was listening to a guy early early this morning on one of the motivational feeds, and he says that whenever he makes a plan to do something great with his wife or anybody can do something do something great.
Speaker 2: He expects an attack.
Speaker 7: To come, because he says, whenever you in agreement with your spouse or your mate, or you trying to accomplish something wonderful in your life, expect an attack to come because the opposition don't want to see it happen for you.
Speaker 2: But what throws people off is we make.
Speaker 7: These New Year's resolutions, we make these claims, and then when the attack comes, we think that's the final blow. No, it comes with the process of becoming successful. That the attack may come in the form of a person that you trusted or loved, but if it also can just come in the form of a test. Okay, Like your boy Junior, he wanted to get his CDL license, but.
Speaker 2: He gave up. But he got he gotta go get a regular license first. Yeah, because you can't even give.
Speaker 7: It a truck to drive without the damn regular license. So all he gotta do is go get the license.
Speaker 2: But he canna let that stop it? Man, Come on, come on, come.
Speaker 1: On, all right, we can do better than this. Don't give up. Don't give up. That is the message coming up. At thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephews. He runs that prank back right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening hard Morning show.
Speaker 1: It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back. What you got for his nep.
Speaker 2: Sureley, I got. Can you hear me now? Can you hear me now? All right?
Speaker 10: Yeah, doing a little sign language down at the church. Can you hear me now? Cat dog? If you would hello, I'm trying to speak to sister Lauren. Please be my sister Lauren. This is Brother Davids from the church. I don't know if you know me. You might know me when you see me, but I don't know if you just know me because we don't really interact that much at the church. But I wanted to give you a call. We got a bit of a problem going on. Okay, okay, you got you get Do you have a minute to talk?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 10: How long have you been doing the sign you in the you know you in the ministry when you do the sign language for the church, and you know I noticed you up there at least two Sundays out of a out of the month.
Speaker 2: You've been doing it quite a while, am I right?
Speaker 12: So yes, I've been doing it for over ten years. But I'm a little to confuse as to why they're calling about this time. I'm just a little to confuse. I don't know who you are. You say that. If I see your face, I may know you, But I what did you have to do with anything?
Speaker 4: That is?
Speaker 12: How long I have been doing SI language? I know I've been doing it for years? So how may I help you with this? Do you want?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm not trying to learn any sign language.
Speaker 11: Do you do?
Speaker 2: You know miss everybody call him MSS murdered. Do you know Miss Murdle?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, I sure do.
Speaker 2: M okay, so Miss murder.
Speaker 10: That's that's that's that's that's one of my aunties, right there, MSS murderers.
Speaker 12: Okay, And she gave me my number to call me. I'm what what do you mean for me?
Speaker 4: Did she get?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, That's what I'm getting at. So, so you know, you know my you know, my honest is death. You know she's hearing it. Pay you know that?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 13: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So here's a problem.
Speaker 10: I ain't murderer is telling us that you're not doing the sign language right, doing the service, and like you're missing some things in the scripture.
Speaker 13: Or something, you know that's incorrect. I've been doing this for a very long time and I'm know what I'm doing.
Speaker 12: So how you so she told you for me to.
Speaker 13: Tell me that I'm not doing this siline directly, let me say, let me.
Speaker 2: Say this to you.
Speaker 10: I don't want us to get off on the wrong for Let me just say this to you. Once my once my murder told us what was going on.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 10: We then went to one of the deacons and asked him, you know, is that way we can uh have a meeting, you know, with with with Sister Lawrence so we can try to get this taken care of and talk about it. He said, well, won't you just won't you just call and y'all can just work it out. And and that's how I'm calling you now. I hope you I don't know if you're at work or whatever. I apologize, but I'm just trying to get to the bottom up. Now, let me go and say this. If my ain't murders say that you ain't signing right, then MIAINTI ain't lying. That means your excuse me, that means you ain't signing right.
Speaker 12: Really, so the pastor couldn't come to me. But he but you figured you would just call me and tell me that your auntie says that I'm doing incorrectly. That doesn't make to me.
Speaker 5: How does she tell you that?
Speaker 12: Did she sign it to you?
Speaker 10: She signed language to her daughter. Listen, you ain't got to worry about who she's signing too. What you need to worry about is getting your getting your stuff together all right, and learning how to do this the correct way so that my ainte can get you know, MIAINTI needs to be getting the word like everybody else getting the word, but.
Speaker 2: She not getting it because you the word is getting lost in your hands.
Speaker 12: All I'm hearing is your voice is getting very loud and you need to match my tone.
Speaker 5: Young man.
Speaker 12: Okay, let's start with that. What I means that match my tone because you're getting very loud and I can't hear through all of that. All right, Okay, Okay, I say the situation you called my phone correct. You have a problem that you're discusting with me, but you're getting more angry than anything else. How am I going to resolve this problem? I am trying to be as close.
Speaker 10: The way you resolved this problem is carryos back to science school so you can learn what you need to so my anti can get the word.
Speaker 2: Mia ain't he can't get the gospel because you messing it up.
Speaker 12: God anointed me to do style language at that church, and I've been doing it for a long time and.
Speaker 13: I will continue to do so.
Speaker 5: Don't call my phone.
Speaker 12: Telling me that I'm not doing something right?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: But do God know that you not doing it right? Do God know that? Does God know that my ain't myrtle not getting the word because of you?
Speaker 5: Name?
Speaker 13: Young man?
Speaker 12: Jesus, please give me the strength to continue on with this conversation.
Speaker 13: But you know what, man, I'm gonna be right back. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: Don't you ever call my.
Speaker 12: Mother freaking phone telling about I ain't doing something.
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 12: If I see you in this tree, this can't I have. It's gonna go outside your God? Damn, Pa, did I miss myself? Claire?
Speaker 2: I cannot believe you talking to me like this.
Speaker 12: Oh now you want to be calm? Now you're calm? Now you mask my tone?
Speaker 5: I engaged.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you just got through talking to me like that.
Speaker 12: Are we done here?
Speaker 10: So you think it's cool for you to tell the Lord I'll be right back. Thank you, Lord. I needed a moment you.
Speaker 2: We've been on the phone in this world.
Speaker 12: You've been sewing at me. I told you to match my tone. Match my tone.
Speaker 2: I am matching your tone.
Speaker 4: No, can I say? Can I?
Speaker 2: Can I give you something else in this tone?
Speaker 4: Do you mind?
Speaker 2: If I say something in this tone?
Speaker 12: You're gonna hear a click and the dog real quick, go ahead.
Speaker 10: I just want to tell you in this tone that your friend Vonda Taylor got me to prank.
Speaker 2: Phone call you.
Speaker 10: I am nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. In your tone, have mercy.
Speaker 13: Bonda, Bonda Taylor, Bonda Taylor, tell me put this on the radio, on the radio in Jesus name, Amen Radio.
Speaker 12: I'm not playing in the game. I think it's funny, but.
Speaker 8: This is my job here.
Speaker 2: Listen, everything is fine.
Speaker 12: You haven't known me. I have to tell Jesus give me a minute, because you was about to pressure up.
Speaker 13: Lord, have mercy.
Speaker 12: I don't even want to hear this, but I will be calling Bonda because I have some merch. Oh Lord, Lord, Lord father, please forgive me.
Speaker 2: Look, you gotta you gotta do this for me. In my tone, in my tone.
Speaker 10: Tell me in your tone, what is the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 2: In your tone?
Speaker 12: Steven Show.
Speaker 13: In my tone, And there you have it.
Speaker 10: No need for an applause or anything. Jacksonville, Florida. Then if you come to town, I got five shows down there. Two Friday, two Saturday, one on Sunday. Nephew, MLK Weekend, Jacksonville, Florida. Comedy's all all.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, Nephew, thank you. Coming up next, it is asked the CLO. With our Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey in the building right after this. You're listening, She's a Steve Harvey morning show coming up at the top of the hour. In Entertainment News, Jonathan Majors breaks his silence on the guilty verdict. Oprah Winfrey says there are no issues between her and Taragi and comedian Joe Coy, the comedian who hosted the Golden Globes Award Golden Globe Awards, Well, he's responding to the backlash she received. We'll talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the CLO Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey. Karen and Tulsa.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 1: My husband and I have a lot of phone sex when he's traveling. Last week he called and woke me up at three am, and I didn't know that our five year old had snuck into my bed until my hobby saw her fatal face on my phone. I told her it was just a game. She told my mom about the game. I can't punish her.
Speaker 4: What do we do?
Speaker 2: Nuts?
Speaker 7: Hum, nothing, what you're gonna do? That's maybe growing on to her, you know. She then told you, mamma, your mama know what's happening.
Speaker 2: So what Let's let me ask you something.
Speaker 7: Why are y'all nowadays always feel like you gotta feel like you explain some of your children.
Speaker 1: Right where didn't come from?
Speaker 9: Growing up?
Speaker 7: Where they come from? What happened to? Shut your ass up? You better not say nothing? How Yeah, because I said, what happened to that?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 2: Stop? What do we do?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. I tell you what. I bet your ass better not say nothing. I say something that you want to see. What happened? Yeah?
Speaker 7: That's where that that's to fix all for that next world?
Speaker 2: Sure? All right?
Speaker 1: Moving on to Henry and Schomberg, who says, my girlfriend does accounting work part time at her church, but she's never been overly religious. Lately she's been bragging about the preacher and giving me advice that came from him. Is she doing more than the books at church?
Speaker 4: Hmm?
Speaker 2: I don't know what what what in this question gives us enough information to go? Where you going with this?
Speaker 1: I don't know if she's quoting the pastor she's gotten off.
Speaker 7: She's quoting the pastor maybe she been paying attention in the service.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Look, I don't she's doing account.
Speaker 2: Church didn't want to give you advice.
Speaker 7: You know how many people ain't overly religious. People's at the church right now. Yeah, it ain't just your girl, So I wouldn't worry about it one way or another. You know, if it's if its sound advice, just gone and take it. You know, she getting some that's your counselor from the pastor. It's all to help you.
Speaker 2: So just yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, a man doesn't want his woman coming home and saying, well the pastor said this, and you know, talking about another man.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well see number one, all your girl did was give her girlfriend the information she ain't got to go in the house and say, pastor saying, see.
Speaker 2: But the whole letter.
Speaker 7: The question in this letter is what is she doing with the pastor where she's getting all this inside information?
Speaker 2: That's what this is about.
Speaker 1: Here, well he yeah, he wants to know is his girlfriend doing more with the pastor than just keeping a book?
Speaker 2: You need to cut your seeing down. Sign here here and here he Look, man, you know your girl better than we do. What you think she and that you don't.
Speaker 1: So your answers see al over?
Speaker 2: My answer, Hell, we don't. You know how better we do? You tell us what's happening.
Speaker 1: All right, We're gonna move on to Tiffany then, since that one straightened out, Tiffany and Augustus says, I'm married and my husband has a son from a previous marriage. The ex wife and stepdad gave his son a car for Christmas. My husband feels disrespected. I told him that he's overthinking it. Why is he upset at the stepdad for buying the.
Speaker 7: Car because he didn't? Stepdad, I bet your son ain't mad at all.
Speaker 2: You roll the damn step man, Daddy, Look what step vaught? Your damn call that driveway. You can't call this phone, this drive You need a ride, Daddy, here he buy you a car for.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 7: I understand the father being upset because he got beat to the punch. And maybe the stepfather could be a little bit more affluent. You never know, you know, and maybe he wanted to buy his son his first car. Maybe that could happen, but you know it didn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So moving on. Last one now, Steve, this is from Prissy.
Speaker 7: And he probably the look at the new stepfather. No, he can't do nothing with him. That's why I had the house. Complained it to the wife, because he can't go over to buy him something else. And see what happened. Now we can see what's happening right now, Pop, see right there.
Speaker 9: At my house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm buying him My house was getting ready, all right. Last one again, this is from Prissy and Danbury. Christy says, I've been married for seven years and we have three children, and I'm pregnant. Now I asked my Yeah, I asked my husband about getting a sectomy. He said, what if we get divorced and my new wife wants kids? He has one foot out of the door. This is crazy. That sounds like your answer.
Speaker 7: Obviously, slanging is more important to him than anything. So I don't even know why you're in here talking to me about getting myself cut on because that ain't gonna happen. Because if something happened to me and you, I got to be able to go somewhere and reproduce. Now stop, My job is to multiply what you're gonna try to. You're gonna try to criss cross out the timetable. That ain't what we're doing. I'm here to multiply. I'm the I'm the X on the calculator, baby, I'm the ex factor. I'm times this. Yeah, fine, what we've posed for having us and my new wife and little kids, and I ain't gonna give you while she pregnant. Dog, Yeah, you better be. I don't think you should go to sleep. It's pregnant on your ass. I don't know how you make that statement that, thank you Finn to get some shut ey not right.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of stupid people in this world. Wow.
Speaker 7: I had a friend one time told his wife, oh, so you screwing roll now, I mean right up to him and sending the.
Speaker 2: Female we heard about that to walk right in there to I.
Speaker 7: Said that to him all right now with conviction didn't So that's right up there with why would I get a seconment? Then my new wife, my new wife won't.
Speaker 4: Kid thank you.
Speaker 1: Coming up in the I had some entertainment news for you right after this.
Speaker 2: That was entertainment news.
Speaker 9: You're listening, Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Actor Jonathan Majors has done his first interview since being found guilty of harassment and assault in his highly publicized domestic violence trial. Majors told ABC News anchor Lindsey Davis that he felt quote absolutely shocked and afraid by the guilty verdict. Major still denies in injuring his ex girlfriend Grace Jabbar and said I was reckless with her heart, not with her body. Jonathan also made headlines when audio used in the case highlighted his infinity for Coreti Scott King and Michelle Obama, both women he told his white ex girlfriend to aspire to. During the interview, Jonathan also mentioned his new girlfriend, Megan Good. He said she's an angel. She's held me down like a Coretta. I'm so blessed to have her. Majors, who will be sentenced on February sixth, faces up to a year in jail.
Speaker 2: He's referencing these people like that to the white Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he need to Okay, is he trying to pick a role model for Is that what he's trying to do.
Speaker 1: I mean those are good reference Yeah, great, excellent.
Speaker 7: However, well he might have to say Bob Streis said, and Betty White something like that. Celine Dion, I mean, you got to find something. But you know, man, I feel for this cat because it just seems to wa the way the convictions came down, and then the guilties and they're not guilties. The pieces that they found him guilty on and the not guilty pieces were so separated. You know, he didn't get hit for anything of physically abusing this woman. You know, he got hit with a lot of difference. I didn't understand the way they broke down the guilty and I've never seen somebody get off with mo not guilties and then some guilties.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't understand it, man, And.
Speaker 1: Then the whole thing running down the street and she running after him, and on the video, Man.
Speaker 7: Most dudes that's abusive to a woman is not running from them. You know, I just found this whole thing to be what they found him guilty of. It was just just my opinion from what I saw because I'm not really well versed on it because I didn't follow it. What they found him innocent of was the real major stuff they found him innocent of that, So I don't know what they find The sentences do too, and all that well.
Speaker 1: In other entertainment news, Steve Oprah says there's no bad blood between she and Taraji p Henson. Of course, Taraji plays sug Avery in the movie The Color Purple, the latest version. Oprah addressed the recent online rumors on the red carpet at the Golden Globes. Take a listen, heerd, I was trending yesterday.
Speaker 2: Because people are.
Speaker 7: Saying that I was not supporting Taraji.
Speaker 8: Taraji will tell you herself that I've been the greatest champion of this film, championing not only the behind the scenes production but also everything that everybody needed. So whenever I heard that there was something that people needed, I'm not in charge of the budget because.
Speaker 2: That's Warner Brothers.
Speaker 8: You know, that's the way the studio system works, and we as producers.
Speaker 2: Everybody gets their salary that's in a negotiated by your team.
Speaker 8: And so whenever I heard there was an issue where there was a problem, there was a problem with the cars, or there's a problem with the food.
Speaker 6: I would step in and do whatever I could to make it right. And I believe that she would even vouch for that.
Speaker 1: Wow, break it down.
Speaker 7: See that's a person talking with some facts and the realness of how this industry works. You have to be careful when a person who claims to tell you're gonna put the industry on front Street and not be willing to tell you the whole truth. Because the real, whole truth of the matter is, brother, you know how this game works. We are all trying to find our niche in this game and play this game so we can support our families. And everybody knows that. Everybody knows that because we don't control the system out here in Hollywood. So when you talk about people got this lucky breaker, this person was a plan or this person this he all this and her. Hey man, just understand now, we are all playing this game by the same damn rule. We don't own none of these studios. We ain't got we ain't got none of that. We we we don't have that power.
Speaker 2: One of the most powerful cats out there is Tyler Perry, and he put himself on the map with that ownership of his product and studios. Other than that, and even Tyler still got to play the game.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, basically, that's what Oprah said. I'm a producer, I'm not the studio. But even knowing that, she still stepped in and helped them get what they needed. That's what I loved about that story.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's why I say I applaud her for saying and telling the truth about it.
Speaker 2: So, you know.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Finally, in entertainment news, Steve Joe Coy you know him as a comedian right well, he hosted, of course, the Golden Globes. It didn't go well for him. He was a last minute pick for the gig. He responded to the backlash on ABC's Good Morning America three Monday morning. He said, quote, I had fun. You know, it was a moment that I'll always remember. It's a tough room. It was a hard job. I'm not going to lie. I'd be lying if I said it doesn't hurt. Hosting is just a tough gig. Yes, I'm a stand up comic, but that hosting position. It's a different style. I kind of went in and did the writer's thing. We had ten days to write this monologue. It was a crash. Course. I feel bad, but I got to still say I loved what I did. Asked about the moments he regretted, and Joe said that I think it was when Taylor Swift. You know that joke went a little flat. He said it was a weird joke, I guess, but it was more about the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the room was a little tight because they didn't know.
Speaker 2: I saw it.
Speaker 4: It was tight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, we'll talk about frisky fitness. Right after this, you're listening Steve.
Speaker 9: Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Chaquille O'Neill's all Star Comedy Jam takes over Resorts World, Las Vegas February ninth and tenth over the Big Gang Weekend in Vegas. The comedy showcase is hosted by Dion Cole and it features Dale Hugley, Earthquake, Deisy Banks, and others. You could win a trip for two to attend the show on February ninth, and this includes round trip coach, airfair and a two Night Hotel stay. You can enter now and get rules at Steve HARVEYFM dot com. It is sponsored by AEG Presents and Resorts World, Las Vegas. That's Steve HARVEYFM dot com for all the info. All Right, we're gonna switch gears here now, guys. Frisky fitness, all right, that's what we're calling this. Did your significant other join us gym as part of their New Year's resolution? Be careful because, according to sex expert Jessica Leoni, the gym is a hot bed hot bed for affairs, especially in the month of January when so many people are signing up for gym memberships. Leone said went on to say research shows that testosterone can spike up for up to an hour after heading to the gym. This behavior can have an extraordinary effect on your sex drive, and that's why Jim's are a hotbed for affairs seekers this month. She says, people should become suspicious if their partner suddenly becomes obsessed with the gym and is spending a lot of time there. Okay, so here's the question.
Speaker 7: We know you guys, Okay, so good, We're gonna forget the fact that they might be trying to get in shape.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I'm telling.
Speaker 2: You right now. They felas before she eat this right here. I wrote this article. Go ahead, I saw that.
Speaker 1: So has working out had a bad effect on your sex drive? Are you in the mood after your workout? You know you do cold plun Steve Cardios, Temmy, you run junior lift weights. So what's the story?
Speaker 2: You guys? Ain't nothing to you. I wanted before I run.
Speaker 3: When I get through Bronny, what when I Yeah, it's not what I want it, So if I can get it, it's the question.
Speaker 2: It's not us.
Speaker 10: I start putting in an appointments and now you're doing anything next Wednesday? You got a boocket in Vain or anything next Wednesday? Can I get thirty minutes of your time? I'm not gonna I'm not gonna hold you. I done worked out, I done been so as hell and still tried it.
Speaker 7: How to pull muscles, childie horses toast spasms.
Speaker 1: And you're still in the mood wanting to get busy after all that.
Speaker 7: What I laid out? Yeah, oh oh, I laid that foot off that bed. Let that top spasm work itself out. That I'll get that thing off that side of that be and they'd go on to work itself out.
Speaker 1: What about a cold plunge because you're just you know, you're always so cold at.
Speaker 2: The cold plunge. It is not good to discuss when it comes out.
Speaker 7: They don't go together when you first meet out that cold plunge, you're not very attractive to you.
Speaker 2: You need to turn the heat off.
Speaker 1: Coming up in thirty four minutes after the hours. Are you capable of surprising yourself? We'll talk about that right to.
Speaker 13: Lunch.
Speaker 2: Shock of your life?
Speaker 1: I got you're listening.
Speaker 9: Morning show.
Speaker 1: Here's a question, Are you guys capable of surprising yourself? And this wild video clip it's gone viral where this man leaped over the bench in a Las Vegas courtroom and attacked the judge at it sentencing hearing after she denied him probation last week. Now we all saw the clip and we just assum that this guy didn't just walk into the courtroom planning to do this, to jump over the bench. He probably surprised himself when he did that. What do you guys think and have you ever surprised yourself?
Speaker 10: He surprised him. Say he got a hell of a vertical I mean did you see that? Yeah, clear that whole bench across the front. I tell you what to real surprise is gonna leap when he brings his ass back to court for this new sentences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he go to surprise. Yeah, just took whatever that little whatever that lady was gonna give you. You should have went on and took that because you wasn't gonna get probation.
Speaker 7: But now, boy, yeah, you jumped on a white woman on film in court and she a judge.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking ten, what you're thinking?
Speaker 10: Ten?
Speaker 2: At least oh dag he Finnah gets some time for that.
Speaker 4: But he went back.
Speaker 1: He had to go back to the assistency the other day.
Speaker 2: Well did give it to him? Well, they had his face covered up, they had.
Speaker 11: Us he.
Speaker 7: Got he had to go back because now they got to finish up the trial, right, so he gonna get the time. And she was gonna give him for that. When he when he got mad, found out he wasn't gonna get probation. They gonna the new charges then they they ain't done that yet. He's gonna go to jail for this here for for the for the original thing he was in that for while he in jail. He gonna have to come back and face these new charges. A salt battery, a temp they're gonna hate, a tipping murder on his ass, his ass.
Speaker 2: He finished some time that you look like doctor Lechner, now, Claire, he got all that stuff. Yeah, yeah, that wasn't that wasn't that whatever. That wasn't the smartest thing he's done.
Speaker 1: And it came from out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's just he could have made He could have had you could have Yeah, that's ignorant. Ignorant. You need to come out of nowhere. You don't. Just don't.
Speaker 7: They always surprise you. You see people do stuff. It seemed like it come out of nowhere. It be it be a little surprise you.
Speaker 2: Is his ass just rude? Is he punching this white woman.
Speaker 14: Black cash?
Speaker 4: No you won't.
Speaker 7: Oh you done jumped over that. Oh you thought you was white. You're gonna jump your ass over this bitch bout.
Speaker 2: You soon as that lady said no, I don't think you've learned your lesson. We're gonna have to do a little bit more. Hell, make the announcement those time, he did make the enough blank.
Speaker 4: That not today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he gave me warning. Yeah, we didn't know it was gonna.
Speaker 2: Be that though.
Speaker 1: Now I guess they're gonna the sentencing nineteen months to four years in prison, his hands, his mind, everything.
Speaker 2: They said, you're not gonna come in here and do this.
Speaker 9: He has a job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it took too many people to get him off of her.
Speaker 4: He had So that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Have you guys ever liked surprised yourself with an.
Speaker 2: I've never done anything like that. It's not like, yeah, I surprised.
Speaker 4: Myself, like what what.
Speaker 1: That requires?
Speaker 11: An?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, all my kids was a surprise.
Speaker 1: You surprised yourself with your kids?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was the first big surprise. I've had several surprises after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I have.
Speaker 10: I have what what? I didn't feed in the water a bottle while I was driving and didn't drip nothing. I was outstanding with I mean, I mean, I surprised myself. When you get past fifty, you know when you got to go, you got to go. I peed in a water a bottle while I was driving. All people over fifty as me, and we keep walk empty water bottles in our car. Call we do that because we know.
Speaker 2: I've done that.
Speaker 1: One really over sharing.
Speaker 7: Tern Pike because they didn't have no rest areas and no stops on the Western in terms of I peed in the bottle and had too much.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, the prank phone call is coming up next right after this.
Speaker 2: Overflow.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 9: Morning show.
Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is his sister catfished me. We'll find out what that's all about in just a few because right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 10: What you got for his nept Well, before we get into this prank, I gotta do this. I gotta say Happy birthday to the one and only that means the world to me. January ninth, on this day, the one and only Jacqueline Patria Miles ak Lem my name, baby, it's my favorite birthday, head birthday US relations.
Speaker 7: I thought you were saying that for the Sudents. This is my baby birthday. Happy birthday. Can't be with you right now.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 10: I hate it, but we're gonna make it work. I'm gonna make it all up to you because I made Christmas good. Then that girl, Yes, I did I made a trip for good. I was a cold Santa Claus. I was a cold Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: Me I was cold?
Speaker 10: All right to the prank, This right here goes out to all the members of five Beta Sigma, all the members of five Beta sigment Happy founders day that you are.
Speaker 2: This prank right here is you ain't no Sigma. You ain't no Sigma? You dog?
Speaker 11: Hello, oh, I'm trying to reach a greg please, yeah?
Speaker 10: Is he?
Speaker 11: How you doing? My name is Bernard, five Beta Sigma. I'm overpledged relations giving you a call today. Man, you attended for of U A and M University of I correct, that's right, and m okay, And from my understanding, you pledge five Beta Sigma in fall of ninety one. That's correct. All right, that's the double data chapter. Correct, Yes, all right. Here's where we're having some problems here going through the records, records, actually looking at the records that we have here a headquarters, you're not actually an official member of five Beta Sigma. I don't know what has taking.
Speaker 5: Place, but wait, man, what what you mean? And not a member?
Speaker 11: Looking at our records here at national headquarters, it's indicating that you're not an official member of five Beta Sigma. I don't know what could have gone.
Speaker 5: Wrong with this now, No, that ain't right, man, that ain't right, because to see that the data is recognized nationally, So why wouldn't I be nationally recognized.
Speaker 11: I'm not certain, sir. Maybe it's something that took place on that actual line of Fall ninety one. We're actually going to have to do some research on everything that's going on with your line as well.
Speaker 5: As the chapter. But how is that possible if they gave me a certificate and the plaque and I got my pin and I mean, I'm gonna say, but what you mean?
Speaker 11: Okay, sir, I don't know what I'm looking at here, and please understand I want to try to clear this matter up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we need to do this matter. Who else? Is there somebody there like an overseer, maybe the head president or your branch or something that I can talk to something Well, I'm actually I am actually over pledged relations uh huh. And I wanted to give you a call personally so we can try to rectify the matter. And it's gonna take us some time to hire this thing out.
Speaker 11: But what I need you to do.
Speaker 5: As this point.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And you know what the problem is that I'm noticing is that all of the people that were on your line they are official for some reason. Mister Greg is an official, So I.
Speaker 5: Want to I don't understand that because I was the line president. So how is everybody else able to be a sigma and not me when I did all the paperwork that it takes to for the process to be right. I don't understand that, sir.
Speaker 11: You know what, Brother, I can't call you brother for the fact that you're right now.
Speaker 5: I'm telling me brother because I'm a signa.
Speaker 11: So here's what we're gonna have to do. Greg. We're gonna have to get you to first of all, if you're dealing with anybody alumni wise, we're asking that you don't go to any meetings right now. We're also asking that you don't wear any five beta Sigma pearl fan Elia Peraflin at this point. We want to make sure and get clarity that you are definitely a brother.
Speaker 5: Mamen, man, I am definitely a brother. Do you know what I had to go through to get where I am today? To be a signal? All the due y'all, y'all took y'all, dudes, what happened today? If you're taking my dudes, you should be able to tell me. Yo, Man, we got this going on. Certain things are going on with your line. We need we need to check you. You took our money.
Speaker 11: That's the thing I'm seeing checks that I've gone through for other people that are.
Speaker 5: On that line. I don't still your man, And to this day, I'm like a lifetime member.
Speaker 11: So what the hell are you talking about? I have no records indicating that you're a lifetime member. That's what I'm saying, sir.
Speaker 5: We guessing that dog. Somebody need to tell me something today.
Speaker 11: We're gonna try to get to the end of this by the end of the week.
Speaker 5: It's gonna take no, no, but no, but no, you're not understanding what I'm saying, man, because I'm a sigma to the heart.
Speaker 13: Dude.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm talking about. Y'all playing with my heart right now? Man, Ain't nobody gonna do that and get away with I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 11: You know, here's what we can do. We can bring you back in and do another pleasuring process.
Speaker 5: Pledge, Do you understand what you just said to me? No? Man that ain't have me. Dog, I'm been through this already. Man, I'm not pledging. I'm not signing my name on nothing else because I have pledged. I'm not doing it no more. I need to get somebody on the phone that can answer my question. I want to know what's going on, okay right now?
Speaker 11: And I understand you know the disbelief of what's going on. I really do.
Speaker 5: You obviously lived on so you a brother.
Speaker 11: Brother, We're gonna try it.
Speaker 5: What year did you go across? Did you walk the sands? I mean, tell me what's going on?
Speaker 11: Brother, I'm fall eighty nine, brother. And now what we're gonna have to do right now is, first of all, no paraphernalia, no pros.
Speaker 5: You've got to tell me that I can't what's nearest and dearest to my heart, next to my wife and my child. You're telling me that I can't go around and proclaim what I am. That's like telling me I can't be black. What the hell that you're saying.
Speaker 11: And another thing we're gonna have to get you to do. I understand you have a brand, a Sigma brand that's gonna have to come off until we get this second care of what Wait.
Speaker 5: Man, you talk about a medical procedure. What are you saying?
Speaker 11: So we cannot allow you to wear a brand representing five better Sigma when right now you are not old.
Speaker 5: You can't plain't a lot that that branded me? Was allowed to put the brand on me. Now I can't be allowed to wear something that I've been wearing for almost fifteen years? Are you crazy? Come on, man, that's some crazy right Wait, gotta get you to take your brand meets until all of this, Well, friend, what the hell it gout?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: This is some Look here, brother, what banard? Is that? What your name is? You need to get somebody on this cam a minute. That's all right, I know the president myself. How about that? I would just call in and I figured out my delf. So right now we need you to take the brand off off not even come out, you'll come take the brand off of me. And you wanted that bad, come get it. That's what you do. You are not a member of five beat of six. You don't give up shoe talking about dog. I am a member. If you want something over here high land your board, that's what you do, you bad, Come.
Speaker 11: Do it, sir, I'm telling you for the final time. Do not wear any paraphernalia.
Speaker 5: Kick K don't want to hear that talking about no final. Let me tell you what's final. I am a five beta sigma to the hard damn sir.
Speaker 11: All I'm telling you is no more shirt and cover.
Speaker 5: That brand up and here will here man. I'm gonna wear everything like I got a hat. I'm gonna have that so matter of fact, I'm gonna wear it. Hey, just to get on your nurs You're gonna help me praying coming up until we figured out if you want say no, I ain't coming up, you come get it, and till this you better get away from me. So I'm talking about don't want none of for that braying up. Don't you wear no shirts no more. Let me tell you something. I ain't coming come get it if you want it. I got one man, hard man. This is blue fie. You don't want none. You don't want none got this is a man. I don't know what one more thing I need to say to you are You're not to say what you got to say? You ain't getting this. This is Nephew Tiby from the Steve Hobby Morning Show. You just got pranked. By your boy, boy, y'all had me ready to kill by my man. Y'all boy, Let go one more thing?
Speaker 11: Man? What is the baddest radio show in the land?
Speaker 5: Greg? What is it that Steve Harvey Morney show?
Speaker 2: That boy that's serious about here?
Speaker 7: Happy founder date of j Anthony Brown. There's a sigmad named Paul turned out of Chicago. So happy found his date of Paul Turner. Happy found his dated. Having found this data all eleven of y'all.
Speaker 1: Every last is you have to say that though you had to say that last part, you couldn't just let it be Happy found this.
Speaker 10: Day that comedy zone this weekend Jacksonville claud you already know the Nephew is coming Friday, Saturday Sunday.
Speaker 2: Tickets on sale.
Speaker 10: Landing to cut Dayton, Ohio at the Funny Bone twenty six seven eight.
Speaker 1: That is all right, nephew, thank you. Coming up next, it is a Strawberry Letter for today. The subject his sister catfished me. We'll get into that right after this. You're listening Hard Morning Show, and it's time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting and more. Please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve HARVFM dot com and click submit Strawberry letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours, So buckle up and hold on time. You got it for it you here it is strawberry letter.
Speaker 1: Thank you nephew. Subject his sister catfished me. Dear Stephen Shirley, I'm thirty eight years old and I've been with the same man for five years, and he's not focused on marriage or taking our relationship further, but he won't let me go. He accuses me of seeking attention from other men because of the way I dress, and I see that as him not trusting me. He's so paranoid all the time, so I reassure him that I'm not up to no good when I'm hanging out with my friends. I told myself i'd give him another year to propose. I would never tell him about my deadline because I don't want him to propose unless he really wants to. I took a short break from him, and I stopped playing house. I went and stayed with my mom for a month to force my boyfriend to take me on dates and make time for me if he wanted to have sex with me. During that time, I got a DM from a handsome guy that said he saw me at a career fare that I was speaking at. We exchanged phone numbers and I gave him career advice and helped him with his resume. I never talked with him on the phone, only texts and emails. He wanted us to meet up somewhere and I told him that I have a boyfriend. That led to him opening up about the trouble he was having with his love life, and I told him about how my boyfriend takes me for granted. Little did I know my boyfriend's seventeen year old sister was catfishing me and I had been communicating with her with her not the handsome guy. I was so busted. My boyfriend broke up with me and I tried to reason with him, but then I realized, I said, I'm too old for games. I did not cheat or do anything terrible. Should I stop fighting for this relationship?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're asking me, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, absolutely yes, because what are you fighting for? You're not fighting for anything. He's not worth it. What would you be fighting to say you weren't happy with him anyway? I mean, you said you've been with this man for five years and nothing, no proposal, nothing, no working on the relationship, trying to take it to the next level, none of that. And all this moving in with your mom to force him to take you out and to want to have sex with you is crazy. I mean, don't you know if he wanted to do any of these things, he would and that includes proposing and his sister catfishing you. What is that all about? This is all just stupid and immature, and like you say, games, he broke up with you over that. You didn't cheat or do anything terrible. You said you helped this guy with his resume, you gave him some career advice, and you told him you had a man that took you for granted, you never even saw this guy or talk to him on the phone, and your man broke up with you over that after five years of dating. I think this incident just gave him a reason to do what he's wanting, what he had been wanting to do all along, and that was get out of this relationship. So to you, I say the same thing. Get out of this relationship, Steve Well, you're out of it because he broke up with you, But get over it, Steve Well.
Speaker 7: This letter kind of ignorant to me, So yeah, I think I should address it as an ignorant person. Doing more in twenty four is my new slogan. I've heard that somebody said that anyway, so I've just adapted it.
Speaker 2: Certainly.
Speaker 7: Don't want to say I thought of it, because then that'll be just something else my asston stole.
Speaker 1: So it's just a letter.
Speaker 7: Just say that, you know, talk about the damn stealing anyway. God pray for me, Father, God helped that all the time. I asked God to let that be more of him and less of me in twenty four, mow you and less me in twenty four. And I'm trying because to me is so dominant. I want to say something and respond, but the God in me is holding my tongue. This thirty eight year old woman is a dating this man that ain't thinking about her, really no further than what it is.
Speaker 2: He's really just got her dad.
Speaker 7: His beckoning call seems to me he's not focused on marriage or taking a relationship further.
Speaker 2: But he won't let me go. No, no, no, no, no, no, that's not true. It ain't that he won't let you go, as you won't leave.
Speaker 7: See, stop blaming me and for holding on to you, when it's you that's holding on to them. Stop giving a man that kind of power over you. It ain't that he won't let you go. Is that you don't have the courage to leave.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: He's always saying that you're trying to seek attention from other men because of the way I dress, and I see that as him not trusting me.
Speaker 2: Both of those things are true.
Speaker 7: When you get dressed in the morning, ladies, don't you dress to impress. It might be yourself, it might be your coworkers, it might be your husband, But you dressed to impress. Now, if somebody at the job get impressed, then that's just bonus. But I put it on to put it on, you know what I'm saying. I put it on to put it on. And anyway, he's so paranoid, and I got to reassure him that I'm up to no good when I'm hanging out with my friends. I told myself give him another year to propose, but I would never tell him about my deadline because I don't want him to propose unless he really wants to.
Speaker 2: Well, that don't make no damn sense right there. That's a mistake.
Speaker 7: As if y'all don't start putting timelines on some of these men, you ain't gonna ever get what you want. Because as long as we get what we want, we cool. Now, you did a smart thing. You took a short break from me, man, you and you stopped playing house. You went and stayed with your mom for a month to force my boyfriend to take me on dates and make time for me. If you wanted to have sex with me.
Speaker 2: That was a good move. It just you only did it for thirty days. You should have kept that play in place. We come back, we'll tell you about the DM she got, how the catfish began.
Speaker 1: All right, Steve, hang on, we'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry letter subject her sister, His sister catfished me. We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is his sister catfished me.
Speaker 7: The thirty eight year old woman got this man that don't half won hers, so she done played the games with him and stuff. She ne set a deadline she want a proposal in the year, but she didn't get a guy the deadline, which now he don't know me and stupid we don't take hints, So I think you should. If you have a deadline, you ought to give it to a guy and you said the reason you didn't do that because you didn't want him to propose to you unless he really wants to. Well, they won't. A man ain't gonna propose to you unless he really want to. But he ain't gonna give you a date unless he know you really wont to.
Speaker 2: Hello. You see how it works.
Speaker 7: So you know y'all can't have one without the other ladies. So you want to just stop playing house with him. So you took a break from him and you went and you stayed with your mom for a month to force him to take your own dates and make time for you if he wanted.
Speaker 2: To have sex with you during that time.
Speaker 7: I got a DM from a handsome guy that said he saw me at a career fair I was speaking at. We exchanged phone numbers, I gave him career advice, helped him on his resume, never talked to him on the phone, only texting emails. He wanted us to meet up somewhere, and I told him I have a boyfriend. That led to him opening up about the trouble he was having with his love life. And I told him about how my boyfriend takes me for granted. Little did I know my boyfriend's seventeen year old sister was catfishing me. Now, for those of you that's like me that thought that catfishing was a sporting in Mississippi and riverbanks, let me help you understand something. Catfishing is when someone pretends to be someone else without your knowledge, to get you to perform some type of act, could get you to talk or make a commitment. What I am keeping from you whole time their real identity. That's basically what catfishing is. The boyfriend's seventeen year old girl sent a picture to her saying this is who I am. And I met you at a place she was speaking at, and that's what the catfish began. But because they didn't get on the phone and have no verbal or face time. See face timing stops all this. But because they didn't do no faith, he's timing now You was communicating with his seventeen year old sister who was catfishing you because she don't like you anyway. And don't be surprised if your boyfriend didn't put her up to it, because he was jealous of you anyway. So he probably had his little sister do this to set you up because he ain't trying to marry you all the new way. He been suspicious that you anyway, So now he thought he was busted, and you said, I'm so busted. My boyfriend broke up with me. I tried to reason with him, but then I realized I'm too old for games. I did not cheat or do anything terrible. Should I stop fighting for this relationship? Shirley said you should, And you know what, I agree with her one hundred percent, cause what you're fighting for, you ain't got time for these games. Him always a little ignorant ass sister, But he more ignorant than the little sister is.
Speaker 2: At least she's seventeen. She done for a reason, catfished. So what you didn't do? Nothing?
Speaker 7: You ain't meet with him. And then when he tried to meet you told him you had a boyfriend. He opened up about how he was having a hard time with his girl. And then you said, your boyfriend taking you for granted. Oh that's true. Now your boyfriend gonna break up. Now he gonna make you crawl back. Now y'all gonna start over, and now he gonna buy another five years with you. That's how that's gonna work. Good riddance. Next time you go to a conference to speak, you need to spot a handsome guy and dm him. Quit fooling with this man that ain't fooling with you. And ladies, listen to me, stop expecting a man to get the hints when we don't do hints well at all. If you are giving your man a year to propose to you, but you don't tell him he got a year, and then he don't propose, and now you mad.
Speaker 2: No, if he has a year to propose, tell him.
Speaker 7: Listen, you got one year to get yourself together. When it comes to me, If you don't think you love me enough in a year to want to spend the rest of your life with me, then I will know any year and we can part ways.
Speaker 2: That's what you have to do.
Speaker 7: So stop talking about he wouldn't let you go. No, you are afraid to leave, That's all it is. Any questions ladies, surely?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: I mean, what do you think why did he break up with her? I think that he didn't do any of these things because he didn't want to.
Speaker 7: You know, he doesn't want to marry her. He's not going to let the relationship move any further because he's getting everything he wants. They play in house, he having sex, he got the chicken, his dreams. You want the day of your dreams when that ain't his dream. You making all his dreams come true, but he ain't making none of yours come true. So that's why ladies always have to have that issue. That's soft ultimatum, yeah or else.
Speaker 2: Or else you're gonna have nothing. And I don't see what you're fighting for. Let him break up? Bye?
Speaker 1: Why is she she thinking that? It's him that's paranoid. It's him that's thinking that she's going out?
Speaker 2: You know because man who.
Speaker 7: Have great manipulation skills, and it will make you think as you when it's them the whole time. The best office is a good defense I mean, excuse me. The best defense is a good office. If you throw in shade and blame all the other person all the time, they ain't got time to throw it on you because they're over there playing defense.
Speaker 2: It's an old trick. Yeah, hen fools, you stop being fooled.
Speaker 1: All right, Steve, thank you. Post your comments on today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on a very free iheartreo app free never sounded so good. Downloaded today now coming up at forty six. Meant it say after the hour, it's Junior and Sports Talk. Right after this you're listening.
Speaker 9: Morning show.
Speaker 1: It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk.
Speaker 4: What you got junior?
Speaker 15: Well, the National College Football Playoffs was the championship game was last night, and uh, let's go ahead and.
Speaker 2: Give a congratulations to Michigan. Michigan is the national champs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, beat Washington thirty four to thirteen down in Houston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, what's wrong that you you want to loose? I ain't nothing.
Speaker 7: That ain't what we're here to talk about. Go ahead, though, well, Donald, you tell him what it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Like we gotta go back to that same stadium too, Tommy, thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, the Browns and the Texas playing that same stadium.
Speaker 2: I gonna say it. They're gonna clean up all this confetti and get it ready for y'all, come living.
Speaker 15: They're getting all the confetti up right now.
Speaker 2: They sweeping now, massage that massage that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you all and the two of you need to be in deep solitary prayer. Somehow the Texans beat.
Speaker 2: The brown and if they do, don't you bring your.
Speaker 7: Behind to work on mycome work. But see, once again, out of told y'all a battle tested I have told y'all what that got to listen to me because.
Speaker 2: I done lost my whole life with the Browns.
Speaker 7: See, I've had my hope snatched from me year after year after year year.
Speaker 2: I ain't even that ain't even nothing to me. What is gonna surprise y'all?
Speaker 7: Y'all too young ass dummies sitting up in here actually thinking y'all ass gonna win. And then if you don't, Oh, I'm gonna be right here for you. Oh, I'm gonna provide for you all the little words of encouragement that you're gonna need. To know, because I've had it since nineteen sixty folk. I watched the Browns beat the Baltimore Coats and being the only championship. I was seven years old and sat on the floor back against refrigerated.
Speaker 2: With my daddy. That's the last time. Well, let me ask you that we ain't had it with all we got.
Speaker 6: Well in nineteen sixty four when they won.
Speaker 2: Was that when they was playing with the leather helmets? No, no, no, damn damn, he said, tagging Julian, cause we got real helmets and we used these real ones.
Speaker 7: I ain't know in sixty four I had hairline to whatever, how are we talking about helmets? And ain't you got to put a helmet on your head? And then said helmet hide your hairline? And ain't his head says hiding. You see how I tied that out?
Speaker 2: You tie that together. I didn't see it though, but I did.
Speaker 7: Now, I tell you one thing, I tell you one thing, y'all. Be hope, y'all, y'all been a pray the large y'all with.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you Junior. Coming up at the top of the hour. A man Steve on social media needs some advice from you because of some drama over a last name change. We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening morning show, All right, Steve, here's a question for you. This is from Wendell on Steve HARBFM. Wendell writes, I'm married into step parenthood situation three years ago, and now there's some last name drama brewing up. My wife hates her ex and I do my best to stay out of it, first because I don't need to be involved in it, and second, I don't want my stepdaughter to hear me say anything negative about her dad. Now, my wife is upset that her daughter is not calling me dad, and I think it's a decision she needs to make for herself without pressure. As long as she knows she's cared about, that's all that matters to me. It's also pressuring her law or her to go along with changing her last name to mine rather than the name she's had for the last twelve years. I can't imagine how messed up it is for her to be put in the middle of something like that. I need to address it with my wife, but I'm not sure how to. But I do think it's damaging inappropriate. Any advice, well.
Speaker 7: I think you approaching this the right way. I mean, I can only applaud you brother for taking his stance that you're taking. That you're being so gracious towards your daughter stepdaughter. I mean, that's the way it is. I don't use the term step We just decided never to do that. These are the kids, so other people got to make their own decisions day life. You do it the way you want to. But this man is being very, very admirable towards the daughter. I can't imagine having her having to do this. I think you're absolutely right. You can't make these people call you dad. That has to be a decision on their own, and I think that that's the way you should approach it. I think you talking to your wife should just be hey, look, let's just give her time. She may come around, she may want to change her last name. I've been in this situation before.
Speaker 14: Steven's saying like that the wife is still bitter with the ex husband. That's what it sounds like. Well that's what she said. Yeah, Yeah, that ain't bitter, that's hate. Yeah, I'm familiar with both.
Speaker 11: That.
Speaker 7: Right now in two thousand and four, bitterness and hate. You've all seen. Yeah, it's out there. It's a lot of hate and bitterness. The woman hates it, so, yeah, she wants to get rid of that. But you got to give a little girl time to make the adjustment. She's twelve, you know, she may eventually. Like I said, I've lived that situation and two of my children changed. They last Nay, they came and voluntarily wanted to do it, and it happened. The third one didn't. It's cool with me. It was an honor when they asked me. You know, I felt very proud because I had lived enough for them and been around him enough since they were young too.
Speaker 2: I fill the role, you know, I stepped in and did the thing. And then our.
Speaker 7: Applauds are who were father so to speak, for going in and stepping in and filling the role because lot of these fathers, some fathers walk away and they leave these children with no doubty. Then another man come in and fills the role. You go, get that dude around them, applause man, because I came right there. He's a special dude and there's a lot of men out there doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so how should he approach his wife?
Speaker 7: You know, surely in twenty twenty four. You can listen more twenty so listen to me. Let me well, I guess so, let me reinerrate reinterrut a little degree, little military school. I just think that you set your wife down and say he listen, Let's continue to give her the time she needs to come around. And she calls me dad, that's fine. But the fact that I love her and I'm gonna take care of her, that's good enough for me.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 7: I want you to take the pressure off yourself and your daughter. I love the both of y'all. Let's just live our life. If she comes around, she does. If she don't, it's okay, too.
Speaker 1: Great advice. We'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up twenty minutes after the hour. Right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 9: Morning show.
Speaker 1: All right, Steve, here's a strange story from your favorite store, the Bass Pro Shop and Alabama.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I know, we know how much you love this store. And Alabama man was arrested after a wild scene at a Bass Pro shop. This was just outside of Birmingham. Police say forty two year old George oh went on a rampage which began when he crashed his car into a pole outside in the parking lot. From there, he stripped naked, ran into the store and did a cannonball into the large aquarium. Cops arrived and George climbed out of the tank as they approached him, but he shouted at them and dove back into the water. As officers ordered him to get out, he climbed out and fell to the concrete floor below and knocked himself unconscious. She's charged with probably lewdness, disorderly conduct and so on and so on and so on.
Speaker 2: So you love the.
Speaker 7: Every bast pro shop has that giant aquarium in really because they show you how lures work in the water a lot of time.
Speaker 2: Oh, a lot of them had that. I'm not sure if my favorite one down in making has it.
Speaker 7: I don't remember seeing the one in making, but a lot of them had the big aquariums in it. George old and took his uh, he took his naked ass down there and stood on the end of up tanking, slipped and busted his head on that concrete.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he knocked it up all right out.
Speaker 1: George coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour. We'll play around it, would you rather. Right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 9: Morning show.
Speaker 1: It it's time now for a round of would you rather? Would you rather? On a cold winter day, enjoy a bowl of hot chili or a bowl of gumbo.
Speaker 7: Junior, better eat that hot chili as soon as it get cold for this hospital, eat chili chili or something.
Speaker 2: I want the Dumbo to Dumbo hot. Yeah, why your ass steal? Any cold climbing? You need to take your cold.
Speaker 1: This is not about sickle cell.
Speaker 2: It is if it get cold enough. This is how I do.
Speaker 7: Right here, I learned about sickle cell mimia that I have never known in my life.
Speaker 15: Hanging with my little homie Junior. Right now, you got the best phone call steal. Don't nobody call beter than you do, though. Hello, Hey all right now? No, no, no, no, no, this is how it goes. Hey, Junior, what's having it?
Speaker 2: You're doing? You're doing well?
Speaker 7: He hold up dog hanging that dog clicking because I don't want to be the one on the phone that he last talked to, because he all in the criminal investigation.
Speaker 2: You know that looking at his phone.
Speaker 7: No, see they looking at his phone log and then they looking at her the last phone call now I'm down at the police station.
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: Crazy?
Speaker 7: Because on forty eight hours when they find the phone, they always wanted to talk to the last person that talked to him. I've seen that on forty eight hours murder investigation.
Speaker 2: But if he had a crisis, I'm not finna be the last one.
Speaker 7: Click he got dead. But he can talk to he got he got kishi, he can talk to he can talk to all the people that he got kids.
Speaker 2: Now, Queen shut his wife.
Speaker 1: Shut, ain't no queation.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is, that's her name? Yeah, all right, yeah you really thought it was. And she know too, you know hard I ain't say my name, right, I said, I know. Just don't say nothing.
Speaker 2: Just go get it k oh Man. Yeah, oh my god, thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, what do we do? Okay? Would you rather? Would you rather shovel snow or rake leaves?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Rake leaves?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, the shovel snow? Yeah, all right. Would you rather have average sex every single day for the rest of your life or would you rather have great sex for the rest of your life once a year, once a year.
Speaker 2: Take them average, Take that average. You just go and just get used to it.
Speaker 1: That's today's round, and would you rather because we spend most of the time talking about sickle cell.
Speaker 4: Coming up?
Speaker 9: In forty nine.
Speaker 1: Minutes after the hour, we'll have some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey right after this.
Speaker 9: You're listening hard Morning show.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, here we are our last break of the day on this Tuesday. It's been a good day. Yes, thanks all earthly you don't want to.
Speaker 6: Talk to me if I'm a sick sel Christ it was good to then, so I find out.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, hey, that's not what I'm here for. I'm here for encouragement and uplifting and enlightened motivation the dog side, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not the guy you don't encourage an uplift if he's sick. Can you hear your motivational speakers?
Speaker 2: What are you saying if he's not hearing me?
Speaker 7: It's okay, okay, let me give you all the re enactment A high went, Hey, Junia, what's going on with you?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 2: He doing okay? Cool? He don't want to hear that right now?
Speaker 4: The fall.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So what I can't have you do is still my joy. I told you that I called uplift and motively. Now you're trying to bring me down. I'm not having a crisis. And what you're not Finns do put me in the crisis. That's not what you're fitting in the man.
Speaker 4: JUNI how you doing?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 2: How everything going on? You're hanging in there? Soldier?
Speaker 7: No click, get up out of here. In the time, I can't help nobody that don't want help, listen to me. I'm I'm in a motivation lifting business. If you don't want to hear it today, then just do like he did.
Speaker 2: Let me know this.
Speaker 7: Ay, what you want to hear today and you want Wally in it, then let me let you waller in it. When you feel better, you call me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, come on, you do thelomks Man.
Speaker 7: You know hey, listen, my clothes remarks is pretty much it's on point. It's just to keep reminding people to stay on the upside, man, Stay on the upside, y'all. I'm telling you these are lessons that I've had to learn in my life.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 7: I was talking with the morning crew the other morning when we first got back on the air. We hadn't talked to each other since the break, and we were all talking about everything, and you know the uproar and everything that's out on the in and neet and all this stuff. And you know what we all had a general consensus was when I said, you know what, man, I'm just gonna stay on the wall. I'm not coming down off the wall to address nonsense. I'm not coming down off where God has placed me to get on the lower level. And I'm reminding everybody, listen, y'all, as you go through your day, remember this. You are in the pursuit of success and happiness.
Speaker 5: All of you.
Speaker 7: Everybody I know wants those two things in life, to be successful and to be happy. And in your pursuit of that, you have to remember that the devil has one job and that is to rob you of your destiny. That is the one job of the devil. He don't care how he do it, and he will try and attempt it by any means necessary. Your job is to be aware of that.
Speaker 2: Be aware. Do you know that the devil got.
Speaker 7: Imps working for him twenty four seven, that they are on call and they ain't got no problem doing his bedding, And man, they just show up when you least expect it. You could be going on with your life and then here comes something, and you know what, you really got to be aware of people. Don't let somebody if you have a person in your life that's constantly bringing up your past, to bring it up as current news, to remind you of what you did or what you were, and it has nothing to do with who you are and where you are going.
Speaker 2: Erase that person from your life. You don't need it. Stay on the wall. Listen to me. Everybody makes mistakes. There's not a living soul.
Speaker 7: Be careful of people who are so eager to point out everybody's mistakes, but ain none of them fingers pointing at they self?
Speaker 4: Who is this?
Speaker 2: Ye who is out saying cast the first stone?
Speaker 4: Throw it?
Speaker 7: But it's amazing how they have thirty rocks and don't and ain't nothing supposed to come at them. Y'all listen to me, Uncle Steve had learned a lot. You know what I told my team at the beginning of the year, I'm battle testing. I'm battle testing, man. I've been through it so many times on so many levels. I done got accustomed to it. And you know the one thing I've learned that what God has for you, do you know there's nothing nobody can do about that.
Speaker 2: Do you know that if God is moving you in a certain place, on a certain level, do you know that there's nothing that a hater can do, nothing unless you stop, climb down off the wall and address it. See when people, when you're.
Speaker 7: Up at a certain level, as many of you are, this is why you have. If you have a hater, it's because you above somebody know that. That's why you have a hater. But for them to throw the rock at you, they got to throw up. Even if the rock hits you from throwing from the lower position, it don't hurt. But if you climb down off the wall and you get on the same level as them and they throw that rock at you, that one can hurt you because you've lowered yourself to they level. Stay on the wall, y'all, stay on the wall where God has placed you. Don't let no man talk you off your position, and don't let nobody bring up the past to keep reminding you of what you were and what you used to do, because that has nothing to do with who you are and where you are going. God is in the blessing business. I'm open for all of them. I'm looking for a whole lot more. In twenty twenty four, those are my clothes remarks y'all stay with it.
Speaker 2: Y'all have as goodful God will. We'll see y'all. Tom All.
Speaker 4: Peace for all.
Speaker 1: Steve Harvey Contests. No purchase necessary, void wear prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening shoot Steve Harvey Morning Show