Speaker 1: This is episode seventeen of Off the Edge with Me Cam Jordan on the podcast. I can't wait to tell you what's coming up this episode. We talk about the playoff picture around the league finalized in week eighteen. We're gonna talk about Saints Falcons game and perceived disrespect and my lack of caring. We're gonna talk about the drama over Jamal Williams TD play that led to this disrespect. And you know then we're gonna come up and interview my dog, Darius Slay big play sleigh with the Philadelphia Eagles headed into the playoffs, which I wanted to be. Stick with me, stay tuned when we come back Off the Edge with Me your host. All right, let's get into it first of all, right after the game, one of the first questions I feelded was, Hey, what are your future plans for next year? What are you even talking about the Have you never heard me say I'm playing till year fifteen? This last year I loved football. I might have even fell back in love even more so with football this year alone. You know, we was almost healthy until week like eleven, coming out of a bye week. Somehow, how do you get hurt after the week after bye week, like normally you heal up during by week. I was like, I'm feeling great. We go play Atlanta at Atlanta that week eleven twelve, whatever that is, coming off of bye week, fourth quarter. A couple minutes left, guys fall on my leg. I end up with the high ankle sprain, which I'm not sure why it's labeled high ankle sprain was higher than that. It was like shin area to tearing. My sindsmosis senis motic something or other. And then you know, wanted to play. Compounded that high ankle sprain with a low ankle sprain that following week. You know, now because of that, you're doing all this stuff to overcompensate. You've got you know, some slight knee issues, like at some point the body was breaking and I refused to be broke it. You know, during the season, there was you know the high ankle, low ankle, you know, some knee activations that had to happen which led to continue playing. You know, a slight herniated disc in the neck. You know, it was always something this last seven weeks of the season, and I'm just so blessed to have made it through. All seventeen games, all eighteen weeks of the NFL season, and I wanted so much more for our team to capture our potential to lead us into the playoff picture. We headed into our final three games, we needed to beat the Rams, the Buccaneers, and the fel Cons to control our destiny. We went two of three. We lost to the Rams, and then of course beat Tampa Bay at Tampa Bay and then destroyed the Atlanta when they came over to New Orleans. So you know, that's just is what it is. I just hate that my thirteenth the in the league was sort of was sort of messed up by injury. But you can never see, you know, you can never really just hold yourself back. Man, I'm all about this game, so long story short. I mean, I'm playing till year fifteen until I tell you otherwise. You know, it's Cam Jordan and Northern Saints Black and Gold and Cam Jordan just go together. Let's get into outside perception in this game. You know, when you get up on the team, normally you take a knee when you're up by two or three touchdowns, and we were probably going to do that. You know, I believe the call for the last game of the Falcons Saints game, the Saints Falcons game where we handedly beat the Falcons. You know, I think they went up fourteen points earlier, some like line lines like that, and nobody even nobody even had a beat a sweat on the brow. You knew that this was their Super Bowl. This was the best chance that they had swing at us. And we took that punch on the chin ate it, spit it back out and kept on going to work. And next thing, you know, the score was not close. You know, we'd like to say we handedly beat them, destroyed them in the run game, held him under three yards a carry, and that's Bjon Robertson and Cordero Pattinson didn't let the quarterback escape out the pocket, sneak around, and when you have things like that, that leads you to success. I mean. So we're sitting there with like under a minute left, minute change left forty one seventeen and our defense goes out there. Tyron Matthews gets an interception and I blame it on Tyron. He gets an interception, runs it towards the end zone like he's going to score somewhere in their twenty thirty yards before the end zone. He starts slowing down like it's Miller time. And Miller time, for anybody who doesn't know, is the time where you take a slide, your offense comes out. You take any games over time, go have you a beer in a back man. Game's over. It's Mither time. But also it's the end of the game, so you could just score because at that point it's so far out of it. Like if this was Madden and you're being a team twenty one by twenty one points, you have to give up the sticks after possession. So somewhere in the third quarter, with like ten minutes left, the sticks should have been given up. You know, the white flag was waved. We know Moss Atlanta to the point where you know it was what it was, you know. So so cuz Tyron and his score, and then he was indecisive about it. It was like as he was getting tackled, he's like, yeah, I think I want a score, reaches out ball on the one yard line. Now from my understanding, you know we send out a victory formation. I think you know the question was posed to da, Hey, do you mind if Jamal scores? And I don't know if that comes from James. I don't know if it comes from other players. As a defensive guy, I'm already. I'm just ac celebrated with my guys. We're hyped up. In my mind. The feil cons is done. At the same time, I'm like, I hope they don't need it. Like that's just Myra's face. I'm like, just this score on him. Jamal goes in and I didn't. I wasn't even aware that he hadn't had a touchdown all year. Uh. They make a call in the huddle, everybody's behind it, and Jamal scores a touchdown. Jameis Winston in at quarterback for the Saints. Would have been his second pick six of the year. Saints are they missing a guy? So they do take a knee taking its victory formation Jamis Now he gives it to Jamal Williams. Jamal Williams gets the touchdown. Wine there it is one yard. Oh that's what he did. But you're talking about Rovalery. Saints look like they're coming out and taking a kneet. Right. We don't have any love loss for you right there? Now? Game over? I see, Uh, you know, I'm on the sidelines. One of our weightlifting coach guys like hey, watch you know, watch out for you guy, DA. And I was like, what do you mean watch out? I have no idea, you know, like and so I sort of peek over and was like this little I can't call it a couple of old guys, but you know these the coaches. My guy DA, Dennis Allen is is is talking to Arthur Smith. You know what I found. I was like, is this a disrespectful moment? Because DA went to go talk to him and puts both hands on the front of Arthur Smith's hips. Like I was like, oh, now that's the see that hour I take that. It's just he was like calm down, man, like calm down. And I'm like I'm not understanding the ramifications here. And whatever happens, you know, there goes my guy. You can see my guy Rizzy, our special teams coach on the side, like hey, yeah, get out of here, and I'm like, yeah, it is go ahead, big Doug. And so you know, we finished the game, we go inside or whatever, and now my guy Jamison fielding questions about how is disrespectful to score on a rival team?
Speaker 2: Well, I apologize to d because the player was victoring.
Speaker 1: But I also explained to d A there was a team decision. Yeah, and uh, and I think when you have the team around and I asked, guys, I say, guys, like, what do you what do you want to do? Yeah, we know how much Jamal means to this team. And I understood from DA's perspective, so I give him that. But they didn't condone that at all. You know, he didn't. Oh, this is the rivalry, this is the this is the rivalry they would strive for. I'm fully behind putting fifty points on the Falcons at any given time. Fail cons failed, can'ts you know, like what they can't do beat us at the end of the year. In our house, we couldn't do it in twenty twenty four. You know, that puts the uh, you know, the cherry on the on the on the season of getting to win and getting a rivalry win. I don't care how it happens. There is like, I don't care. I wanted fifty points we put on them. So we go in and then the outside world is trying to crush my guy, Jamis, and that's just it's not necessary. You know, you got old heads coming out the woodworks. But they never played for the Saints. They never played for the Falcons. They don't know this Saints Falcon rivalry. This is a rivalry game. If you're not trying to destroy each other, what are you trying to do in this world? I get it's twenty twenty three and everybody wants to be nice. So you know, you know, my I had, I had former teammates Ben Watson, you know, say say something about how you know that's that's not that's not the right way to do it. I had, you know, the O. G. Shannon Sharp, Hall of Famer legend talking about how he cut Jamis. Oh, this is a rivaly game. If you ain't bought it, bought in, just butt out. You know, I've talked to all my teammates, Man, I ain't here not a kickback from my teammates. So our squad decent with it. In fact, you know, maybe I guess we should have been in victory formation and ran a straight, straight up power play down the middle. They couldn't stop the run anyways. Their average six yards a clip at the end of the game, so what's another yard? You know Tyr was scored, it would have been no issue. So that just is what it is. I wish we would gone for two points at the end, just to send send a better message. We won. You can't stop us. You couldn't stop us. It happened, and so you know, we're going to the off season knowing that we have to be better because a nine and eight record. Guess what, it didn't get us a playoff spot. So we're sitting on the couch and now it just sound bitter. But next year, hopefully, when we have a chance to get into the playoffs and we control our own destiny, you have to take advantage. You can't go two of three, you gotta go three or three. You have to be able to win those games. And I'm upset that we lost to the Packers when we were seven twenty points up. When if you don't control your destiny, all you can do is play to the best ability and hope. And that's what we were doing Sunday. We control you know, we played to the best our ability. The better team won, and then we sat down and hoped that we would get in. And that's sort of what happened the last three years. And that shit sucks that it hurts. I mean, I'm already ready to go into my villain arc like I'm about to go into my my bag, my lab. I'm gonna take a couple of weeks with the family, and I'm gonna get back to this football asap. I might grow up my beard. You know, cut this hair off. Man. It's it's no side shows, all all attentive to what needs to be the most import and thing right now. That's getting to the playoffs, trying to figure out how to bring a super Bowl to the New Orleans and when would come back from this break. My guy Darius Big Play Sligh, is gonna chat it up with us some Off the Edge the podcast. Appreciate you fortune. Now my guy over here on Off the Edge Podcast me your host. Uh, you know, don't mind me. I gotta die in my eye from bacterious something like this, So I'm gonna keep my glasses on. But I got somebody. Look, look, I got somebody who's a five time Pro Bowler, a first team All Pro. You know you don't call him by his first name. His name is Big Place Slay aka Slay. You know what I'm say. You know I don't say.
Speaker 2: Please don't disrespect y'all.
Speaker 1: Please don't. It's like, y'all, look I got I know, from a podcast to a podcast. You got your your podcast, big slate, big slave podcast. Right yeah, big place Slate, Big big place slave podcast. Let me not mess that up. No disrespect here. You know, from a podcast with poscasts, I appreciate you tuning in, bro. From a player to a player, I still appreciate you. And now you know it's from from a guy who's on the couch watching teams get into the playoffs. You know, I'm just gonna be a fan, so I probably can never say go Gang Green or whatever. Y'all sail over to fly you can fly some it like that because you can do it. You can do y'all got y'all got annoying fans like I'm a root for I'm a root for individuals. This is the part of your word. I can root for individuals. I hate that Black and Gold ain't in it. So I'm a root for my dogs and them. That's that's respectful. That's respectful them. You know, no respect all respect my way. You know you I'll be rooting for Jalen Hurts. You know, like there's key individuals I can root for. I hope all office of linement fail. Like I just that's part. As much as I root for individuals, I root for the downfall ball. But you know, let's let's just get into it, bro, Like you know, are you feeling good? You were playing well and then you had a little knee bump. I's got a game Monday. But if anything, I know, big play, Big play, slave came to play. So like you're you're there Monday, I'm gonna turn it on. Room for my dog.
Speaker 2: Come on, now, I'm there. You know what I'm saying, it's win and go home. You know, so I'm got to be there, got gotta be, got to be there.
Speaker 1: You know, your dbs, you never know, bro. You know sometimes y'all dbs, I like wide receivers get a little that prima donna and that's the that's the new generation. Yeah you know, Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. That's what I'm talking about. I know you're confident. What's the mindset and approach moving forward into the postseason? Now that you know, you guys just set to face Uh, the the Buccaneers are on the on the road. Yeah, on the road. Now it's gonna be good man.
Speaker 2: We got a good vibe going, man. We uh, I know a lot of guys in the room around the world just don't feel like the feeling high everything. With one and five in the last couple of games, not a good feeling for show going into the playoffs. But uh, it don't matter no more though, because its zero zero, you know what I'm saying. We got to go out head and execute. It's a clean slate. And it's hard to win eleven games. That's what people don't understand. It's hard to win eleven games in the National Football League, you know, so uh, and to get in the postseason. Right now, we're on the fourteen teams in the postseason. The rest of them just sitting at home, you know, not including yourself because you're still one of the best ever to do it. But I'm you know what I'm saying, not throwing the shape at home, you know what I'm saying. And the extra check, you know what I'm saying, that your check. You know, we got here working and now he's still doing the things we love to do. Man, they got a chance to go get this bowl.
Speaker 1: Facts. I mean, you went ten and one like that's impressible as hell as it comes.
Speaker 2: That's hard. That's hard.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna go play the Buccaneers where you know, we played them two weeks ago, beat them at the crib, silent, super silent in the stadium. It's not that hard to do. You know, y'all did do a little thing.
Speaker 2: Now, I'll watch the film.
Speaker 1: As you breaking down. Fielm. You know you're gonna go against the Buccaneers team that barely beat the Caroline of Panthers nine to zero. They won two games this year nine to zero. So I'm just saying, like you, I'm not saying I'm rooting for you, or maybe I'm just rooting against a uh man.
Speaker 2: I feel I feel you. I feel the same about a lot of teams. I just want Dallas to get their ads blown you know what I'm saying. I just want to get blown out, you know, first round and go home.
Speaker 1: Man, that's this evil intent on the straight Division.
Speaker 2: I'll talk about Eagle.
Speaker 1: Ain't nothing good out. I don't give it. Damn.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: I feel like this. I got a question for you. If if you were to played Cowboys in the playoffs and y'all go up by three touchdowns and are sitting at the at the one yard line offense on the one yard line, you would y'all go for the toush push or would y'all take me with let's collect twenty second week we got a touch push, come on, let's get it there.
Speaker 2: But if many points is possible on your rivalry, as you can got, definitely the robber and definitely with Dallas. And you know that's our biggest robbin in that right now, that's who your biggestriter was Tampa And you know what I'm saying, No, it was it was Atlanta, bro, Atlanta, y'all biggest, biggest one. Yes, you just got into the picture.
Speaker 1: Really, the Tampa is just like this, Like this if Washington Commanders got good for a couple of years and it was like, hey we're rivals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really Atlanta. It's really Atlanta. Man, it's only Dallas. Dallas for show we put we touched push it so they be prepared.
Speaker 1: It's no doubt.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt about it. Glad Jameson did that? You know that's what James.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 2: You wanted to get If you want them to go, you should the ball keep it out. I don't care a line of we line up in big before, we don't line of touch push and look like we're about touch push.
Speaker 1: We ain't touch push.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's football football, and if a team ever goes to victory formation, I straight up to the office line on the other side of me. I'm like, hey, brace yourself to because just in case you mess up in its ballomtball. I'm trying to win. I get that. I get that word quote unquote y'all in victory because y'all have one. But I'm still trying to win. Like I went in through the one yard line. I know what.
Speaker 2: Yes, come on, blade of grass.
Speaker 1: No doubt what I got to. Anyway, what do you think about the narrative float around the Eagles are frauds because y'all had the ten to one versus now you know the one in five y'all finished at fraud That's is a crazy word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's crazy, you know, man, But that's just that's just how it is, you know how media get. Yes, we're on our horse. Our season was been up and down as you can say, but ten it one's still hard to win. Got guys that's still working trying to get theirself together. Get boy, we had a lot of guys dropped. I'm talking about numerous Definitely, the secondary linebackers got a whole new linebacker corp. You know, we start off with the tackles, everybody getting down, you know what I'm saying. So, uh, to come out ten and one and still make the playoffs I mean eleven and six and make the playoffs and stuff like that, you gotta be you know what I'm saying. We're not proud of, but we're going to We're going in there like, Okay, we're getting healthier, we're getting better. But uh, we ain't no frauds at all. Man. It's hard to be a fraud at tenant Tenant one going to starting season.
Speaker 1: Off eleven and six. What is fraudulent about this?
Speaker 2: Back back then eleven and five eleven? Sis, you dann it had a good season.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Now it's like, oh, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: People create their own narrative.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, everybody think we the same Eagles in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: We're not.
Speaker 2: We're not not that same team. You know, we lost all coordinators, I lost some key players.
Speaker 1: When you get when you when you get excellent. Other teams are gonna try and pick at the team's gonna throw money there, like, hey, yes, come on, man, is that your GM. Let me get that. Oh is that your officer cocording? Is that your quality control guy?
Speaker 2: You be like, God, yeah, damn take the whole building. Then, So what I'm saying, we lost some key guys and some key coaches and stuff that you know, help us elevate our games. So uh, you know, we got new courtinators on both sides of the ball. And then yeah, man, it was tough. You know, got some new kids and some new positions and people playing all across the world. So right, yeah, man, But still, like I said, it's still turning out ten one in that process. Still good man.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm we could We couldn't be like you always want to be better. You always tried for perfection. But like the living we said at nine and eight, ten and ten and seven, I'm in the playoffs at the number four seed.
Speaker 2: You see, I'm telling you that they don't understand it. You know what I'm saying. They don't understand it. They be just talking. I hate I hate the media and I love them at the same time because they get my name popping a little bit.
Speaker 1: How has the defense handled and adjusted the change is happening in the organization, you know, with Matt Patricia taking over the defensive plays, you know you leading to this. I definitely want to talk about this players only meeting because those are always interested. But let's just start off with that. You know, with Matt p taking over the defensive players, how have you guys handled an adjusted to it? Uh? It was good man.
Speaker 2: We know we're still learning, like a lot of guys, like unfortunately one of the guys that no matter he from Detroit, so I understand what type of philosophy want out of his defense. So uh, these guys that's just getting around him for the first time understanding him, been.
Speaker 1: In the building.
Speaker 2: He expects excellence a lot of guys, so uh, you know, and his defense basically we don't. Uh, it's basically don't like sacrifice, willing willing and guys willing to sacrifice.
Speaker 1: You know. You know, you got guys that you know love to do this, love to do that.
Speaker 2: But you know sometimes he like to do that, you know, because you know you other teams love that you do this, so they want you to see my sacrifice. Let somebody else do it for a couple of plays.
Speaker 1: And you know, and you do this and when you say you mean like you mean like DB's having to come in and take down the pile you're talking about. Like, man, you know what I'm saying, I gotta, I gotta isold myself on this one receiver. Even though I like to play side.
Speaker 2: I got I was a guy that traveled just on the outside. When he came over a slay, this might be uncomfortable you. I need you to travel in the slot and everywhere he go, you go. So I'm like, okay. And as I got comforted with it during practic, you know, it became one of my comforts. So uh, it's just stuff like that. Man, you know, he he's not saying he put in the uncomfort position. He's just trying to find the best matchup and the best way to beat the offense.
Speaker 1: So he's saying he putting you in uncomfor position. Hey, hey, you might be comfortable, but defense to thrive, this is what.
Speaker 2: I need, just what I need out of you. And I'm like, you know, that's what you got to respect out of coach. He coming to you, talk to you about it. So, uh, you know that's when we was in Detroit and I said, I got you.
Speaker 1: What do we need me to do? I do it right now. Tell me about the player only meeting like we've we've had some over the years when this player led. I feel like that next game you come out with a lot of intention, like I'm trying to make statements.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a good meeting.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of stuff that need to be said to a lot of guys. You know. It's a good thing. I always had those, man, because just hear everybody else point of view, you know, from the offense side and the defense side, and because it's all in one in the special team. So uh, we had to talk you know what I'm saying, you know, uh led with bg AJ and Hurts, you know, guys like that and fletching myself.
Speaker 1: You know, we've seen that.
Speaker 2: Just we kind of let that up be an open room, open book what they think we all need to do as players. And then then the captains kind of like you know, led it to the coaches and stuff like that to go present it to them. And so coaches got to understand it, you know, and and we all do so we just basically kind of just say, hey, hey, let's all just put everything aside. You know, right now we got sixteen quarters. That's what we're looking for. Play sixteen quarters.
Speaker 1: So put all the side.
Speaker 2: Man, y'all do you'all best, We do our best, and let's just excute together. Let's meet each other in fifty to fifty. You know what I'm say. Let's get it done.
Speaker 1: No egos, no, no nothing.
Speaker 2: The money already made, Your season done, Your money's made. If you guys up for contracts, this is already. Yeah, they already know they go pay you not already. So now it's legacy. This is this is your rings and your you're holding up that trophy Because I ain't never been I've been on the team, but I already know every player I've been on them. With that super Bowl team I went to, not that wet win, but we got history. Now we tended the Super Bowl together. So I'm gonna know these guys. When these guys come around, we go talk about that Super Bowl experience, you know what I'm saying, So no doubt I want to be on the other end about winning it.
Speaker 1: So that players, the players, players are bought in. Yes, players on the same page, players by the offense, defenseespecially as you know it takes eleven eleven eleven, we need all of us to get this win. Come on now, I need it. The players about it, what you know, you know, the coaches about it. When you have a guy like you know, Siriannie being willing to take the blame for a players to shield AJ and Jalen hurts like, you know, what are your thoughts? What are your thoughts on that? Like? Is that does that amplify the trust that you guys have in him? Is that exemplify the trust that you have? And I'm like, what is that? What does that tell us?
Speaker 2: Well? I just say as just like a player, man, we've both been in that position as far as a player as on the on the NFL, So you know, as you have to feel you know sometimes you're doing out there running around. They seeing everything from the side of you. We see everything as in front of us. So you like a coach, I can get this gown this move, you know what I'm saying, or or coach, I could do this on this dude and it's gonna work. So I think it takes trust and trust in both areas.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know, of course you got coach that a you want to trust to call the coach call because you got to bring the.
Speaker 1: Call to life.
Speaker 2: So it'd be the same thing with me as on defense, a coach, we need to go get in some man right now like he just dumping the dumping and dump. We need to get man, let's get tighter or right. You know what I'm saying. So it's always that and that the third one on offensive side of course, got way more control because you know, quarterback and check and do all that kind of stuff. So you know what I'm saying. They just thought they can make plays and a coach and they was just like, hey, that's the quarterback connection. Like I've been with Calvin uh In Stafford. Stafford, Calvin said, hey, man, throw that.
Speaker 1: Thing up right now. That throwing it got it? Throw Hey if it worked, coach cool, if it don't.
Speaker 2: You got attitude that it could work.
Speaker 1: I could have worked.
Speaker 2: Got Calvin Johnson that this at this point is a J. Brown is a J and Tyreek the one of the best tooes in the game right now. So I got AJ won to one with somebody and I go against all my reads. I'm throwing it up there too.
Speaker 1: Got to throw the strong batman. Sometimes a strong batman gonna get there. I want them.
Speaker 2: And we ain't give a hundred million for nothing just to have him running round and cutting grass.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, at the level that he playing. Now, let him go get that. Let him go get it.
Speaker 2: So that's what I think. You know, what it is is both kind of do it a little bit of trusting both sides.
Speaker 1: Right, you talked about master affter Kevin Johns connecting. We know you had that the Detroit to Philly connect too. But now you got your guy back. I let that slide run that back because I know how we initially felt about Matt p I remember, look, we talked about it on the sidelines and Pro Bowls back and yeah, but he said I wasn't an elite corner. And I looked at him, come on, come on, all pro, five time pro bowler, Yeah big, Now, y'all have a half that shout when he came over. U so sat down and said, look here, brother, look at these these act ladies. Here, you see him, You see words, and let's talk.
Speaker 2: Eight career picks, you know, five pick sixes, you know, kind of. But you know, I can say, man, when he first came in, they called me, first of all, say a slaty thinking about hiromatic p. I said, hey, I'm a I'm a I'm a winner. I know what kind of guy he is. I ain't never disrespect him as a coach. He was a great coach. It's just that us as characters as men, was just a I don't go watch it. Yeah, that's the main part. You know what I'm saying, I don't go. I got more, so you got more. So I ain't gonna let you dispect me. And I got my own kids at home, you know what I'm saying. So my parents aren't talking like that.
Speaker 1: So uh so, uh we got there. You know, I came in Ota is a little early, just to so I can meet him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So we clearly understanding because I'm here to win. I hope you here as well as to win. So I don't want no friction. So we came in there, we had a little talk. It went well, man, and ever since then, you know, uh, we been you know, cruising to it smoothish older.
Speaker 1: So we just you know, grassually growing every day.
Speaker 2: Uh you know, we talked about the football all day and all kinds of stuff, you know, so it did have got better. I think he has become a better person. So it's a good thing that you know. And I'm a man believe in the second chance, and so I gave him a little second chance as we could clean it up. And myself too because I call it. Probably could have win about a different way more professionally. Just kept it to myself. Maybe sometimes sometimes I have to say.
Speaker 1: Something that the NFL is carried on high emotions. This game involves people that want to win, and people that want to win, they're not just you know, they're not going to accept it. You have to have your emotions the sleeve. I don't like some sh there and I was like, bro, this ain't gonna work because I want to win. And if you're like put these plays in because you think that's going to help us win, great, But I would need to feel that as well. Yeah, that's the collective. That's a collective. Man.
Speaker 2: If we don't feel if you feel it, I don't feel it. That's ob If you look at I can hear it through this handset. If you if you give the call through the headset. You don't like it, I ain't gonna like it all the jump off the rill.
Speaker 1: Come my man, my man. Dennis Allen has taken that on a shed a couple of times, came to like, hey, you know what I called a bad play? Yeah, and then but make it clear. Players are the ones that can make this play as great as it can be. You know what I'm saying. If you guys, if you guys see it, see a flaw in there, and you guys overcome that flaw. Bad player on me, great play for y'all. And if I set up a great player that I know y'all can make, y'all don't execute. That's why I need you guys to excute at the highest level, because it takes the scheme as well as the players facts the same way, same way. Man.
Speaker 2: If they can find a way just to make it fifty fifty boy, be good.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: We got some coaches that's arrogant and just think they just excellent.
Speaker 1: And I've heard about some coaches across the league. Look luckily heard about them. I got. Look, I've only had to deal with just a few DC's. You know, coaches that with copasthetic Okay, I understand what he wants. I understand the vision. Okay, nowt to achieve this vision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have my hands on a few to me myself. Man, you know, I had met one that you think you know too much, and I had one that that was just smoothing operating.
Speaker 1: So I don't seen both sides of the ball. I think I I think I like the ones that like have that little arrogant ego I know too much soon, you know, versus the Hey, you know, this is what do you like to do and what do you like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I need you balance y'all need to know. Hey, this is how I need you to give me a staple defense. And then this is what you what you put your head on. This is what you had like, nobody's gonna take this from you. But and the other stuff. You know, you got your little fire zones and your this and that. Okay, we can tweak a little bit of that. You know, you can do a little tweet, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I know I need to look. I need to know what the entre is and I need to know what your go to side is. Yes, Turkey mac and cheese, don't. You can throw in your your brains, your grady, whatever it is needs you with.
Speaker 2: I don't need two sides. Yeah I need you don't need that turkey as your main course. And him no, no, him needs be on the side of two main courses on me. Now I got what I want.
Speaker 1: Now I need to know are you a man guy or you a zone guy? You could you could be both, but I need to know what you rather play?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and then we can make that work. Now I can adjust my ability exact please, please.
Speaker 1: And think. And that's why they call you big place slave. But also where the big place slay come from? Because I've said this over the years. Slave don't come by name. That's slave, big place slave when he takes one to the crib, big place slave, when when he gets interception, and more times of big place slave when he's following somebody around, because that boy getting active all the big play where a big place, big place slaves even start. That was that Mississippi State.
Speaker 2: Thing, Mississippi State.
Speaker 1: So I got with my UH.
Speaker 2: He was my linebacker coach at the time. Right now he was the head coach at Georgia Tech, UH coach Collins. But now he the d C at North Carolina right now, So shout out to coach. He just got the DC job over there. Uh, he the one gave it to me. So I always go by Slay already, So I was just making plays.
Speaker 1: So when I got there was no there was no there was no high school D, big big D in the house. Okay, your whole face straightened up. Okay, yeah, So it's always been.
Speaker 2: Slow, always been slave. So I was in practice, man, when I got from junior college to Mississippi State. Uh, I was playing with the twoes and going against the ones offense. I was always picking them off, pick pick pick pick picking. Coach Collins was the one that gave the defensive call for the second unit. So every time I get a.
Speaker 1: Pick, that's a big play right there, Slay and Coach.
Speaker 2: Like, you know what came to the sideline. You know what, I'm just gonna call you big play Slate because you the only one on our second team make big plays. I said, you know what, It ran out with it and then I was like, damn it, this is a little ring to it. And this thing, you know, I took off with changing my hashtag name and my Twitter name, my Instagram name everything.
Speaker 1: Need to go Big Place it need it, I need it. I needed it to the to the podcast Slave, Big Place, Slade the podcast. Come on, I've been I've been in the space for a minute. Now you you don't you dope? Then you know it used to be me a market. Now I'm out here. Oh but myself see they see.
Speaker 2: Not look bea can join Now I've gotta now, I gotta get spread from both for you know what I'm saying. We could talk now, we could talk at all levels. You know what I'm saying, because it takes you to be great for me to be great, and sometimes takes me to be great.
Speaker 1: For you to be great. If I love I love it. I love it when I could be great because you're great.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm Sayings out there, lockdown, come on now we can do some get combos out there.
Speaker 1: Should be out there looking like tech and I'll be out there all hand combos. Yeah, now need need that. When when when you started? What made you started? What made you want to give this perspective? Yeah, this is this side of it all because you know the side it's tough. Yeah, normally you just get the Normally you just get the Hey, this is what we're going through, move on weekend, week out that thing. That thing is low kill job.
Speaker 2: But it's a fun job though. So I got into it. Man, you know, my agency and all them in my marketing people kind of like they had reached out and said, uh, man, slave personality is great, Like, how will we be on camera? I'm like, I don't know about that. I'm just I'm just a natural giver, like I just bring goodbyes. I don't know how to talk to no audience that I'm not looking at. You know what I'm saying. I'm like, ship that shit gonna take time. So but then they threw the money out there, so I say, so I got to find a town. Now, you know what I'm saying. They throwing the cash out here. She let me find out.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: As I kept practicing, I kept watching a lot of guys that was doing it already. I watched Sharm a lot because me and he was on the same part.
Speaker 1: So I just watched out.
Speaker 2: He talked how he's trying to handle it and how he's trying to intervene, like interact with the fans that you're not seeing.
Speaker 1: So sh Sherman was one of the third guys. He went to that week school over there in the northern part, northern northern part of California, the Red and White school that just got trashed by the University of California at Berkeley this year. He went to He went to that school, you know, that that third Like they got a dancing tree as a mascot. So I'm not I'm not knocking it. I'm just simple go to put it out there. You know, if it's a rivalry, I hate them to the core. You know, I love I love I love shirt, I love it, late to school, love shartool, hate can respect. Christian McCaffrey hate his school, you know, like I hate I hate that he's that cold because he came that trash school. You know.
Speaker 2: That's what I say about a j all the time. I say, I love your AJ, but I hate your school. I hate old miss Bro. I hate you Bron I look.
Speaker 1: You and like you. I love you, I love, I love you, but I hate where you. I hate where you came from.
Speaker 2: Should have from startful, So he made me really should have been a dog.
Speaker 1: He should have been a dog he's talking about. I would have been in the league as you would.
Speaker 2: You started the trend had Now all the receivers want to come there. Now they all want to go to.
Speaker 1: Old Miss for him and DK me. That's a hell of a one too. Come on, yeah, muscular combo like that.
Speaker 2: Like I'm talking about straight action figures. I'm talking about straight action by you. I know you've seen the church with them, both of them, boy till they shut off and they just flexing.
Speaker 1: You know, first of all, ain't nobody asked for that going around? Run around?
Speaker 2: Please? We know y'all swollen up, man, Damn making a skinny folks gotta work as so hard for this.
Speaker 1: Skinny people always got to ask anyways, Bro, that's easy for you. I saying, now come walk my way. When you north to two eighty five, you feel me yeah and rocked up like that? Man? Then then you look like been watching Hero you know. Yeah, let me get around. Oh man, you think that with all the Pro Bowl that came out, you know, any of your teammates get get snugg because on my side, you know, we just had Rashid Shahi the need for speed wide receiver going in for special teams as a returner. I'm like, how do you not have a Chris Olve going. But then you look at our division, you know, the NFC, and you're like, damn, wide receivers a stacked this year.
Speaker 2: That's that's that they stacked. Yeah, a little bit of snub action going on, Uh not on my team too much. I feel like that. I think all the guys that made pro BO on our team was pretty consistent. You know, I can say myself could have been in there, but I ain't play, but I missed like five games. So I was cool with that. But uh, over the league now, some snubs over the league now because I think I thank y'all. I thought, y'all, young boy twenty nine should have got in there.
Speaker 1: He was picking Paulston was going crazy.
Speaker 2: He was going crazy and stupped Uphile Marshall.
Speaker 1: I was out. He was going crazy.
Speaker 2: And then I know, you don't like Temple that much because it's in the division. But when Field for the Show got snuffing, I.
Speaker 1: Field was going crazy too. Damn it gonna be all pro this year. So he got if you all pro, you definitely should be in a the pro Bo.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's gonna be all pro. That's cool.
Speaker 1: I look, I'm a cool with individuals. Being excellent as long as not the Falcons.
Speaker 2: You know, like, I don't thank nobody for the Falcons. I don't think nobody for.
Speaker 1: Not a not a soul, not a not a marry, not another Look my dog Klais Campbell had a hundred and six hundred sacks this year. I like, I said something on I G and I was like, I really black and red shit on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna put his old old photo of him.
Speaker 1: Put put the Arizon, the car and this photo up on that thing. One time my way back, I text my dog, hey, bro, congratulations. Like I'm not gonna celebrate you like I should on Twitter because you represent this truth wonder, that weak organization with the Falcon situation. But I was like, I'm a Texan, luckily I know him.
Speaker 2: You know the offer they are for your twenty million right now?
Speaker 1: What you're doing now me forty million right now? What I'm doing nothing?
Speaker 2: See I'm talking about fact.
Speaker 1: In fact, I might even show up for a day just to be like, oh this is as trash as I thought it was.
Speaker 2: It was just dont want to be in a building, just want to see how the building it's thinking here. M hmm. I smelled burn bird in here we out out. I fegure that's how you feel about the Cowboys. I couldn't step a foot in them.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jerry Jones world, just to see that this is a nice, shut up trash out.
Speaker 2: I'd be smelling stink when I walk into stadium, said stinking here. Oh I don't like that old turf.
Speaker 1: Real? Yeah yeah. Terms of fans, though, I don't know who's more egregious, Like Philly fans is more aggressive, but Cowboys fans is just as egregious. Like I'm telling you, Cowboys fans, we're like, we're like, you know, vegans that you ain't even ask if he was vegan, Like, oh yeah, the boys, Hey, we were talking about the son's basketball just signing, you know, Bradley Bill and Kevin dur Red my boy, my boy who's been my my barber since I was sixteen years old, to bring out his Cowboys jersey. Oh yeah, you know that what we was talking about. The Big Three and sons man, come finishing my hair so I can get the hell out of here.
Speaker 2: Get the come on now for you won't be my barber no more. Just dang Chris and just get a good part of that thing. But Philly fans like you know, you know they look it's the worst. I promise you it's the worst. They have made a bad name for themselves Philly. I love y'all, I do, But y'all all the worst fans. Y'all take pride in what y'all what y'all like.
Speaker 1: Now, take pride of being the worst.
Speaker 2: They take pride in being the words. I'm telling you, I ain't never seen somebody can have a great game all game. One bad play boom. I'm talking about one bad play during the game. Man, Look here that crowd got you so fast. Oh no, I'm low key. I want to have a home game because you know, it's just home.
Speaker 1: Feels all good.
Speaker 2: To be playing in the playoffs, I'm glack with because something ain't go right then.
Speaker 1: Now then the playoff game is detrimental. You need that energy, Yeah, I need energy.
Speaker 2: Rock with us.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be loud for show. We're not gonna say, oh it is flood. Yeah, there's night forty jingle jingle that y'all be having going on.
Speaker 2: It was gonna be loud, but boy, that one play you mess it up boom. So I'm like y'all know, people just have tried it to negative energy, so it just it just trickled down to the team.
Speaker 1: Don't do it.
Speaker 2: Don't do it now, you really think me for real?
Speaker 1: Like like for one play, I ain't had a face.
Speaker 2: I see when the game over with and then we're walking out and standing and we done got a ass, then that's understanding.
Speaker 1: Don't bulls bro fans rock with us. I ain't never really faced that until this year. Offense came in. I think they went three and out and the crowd booed it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I said, I said.
Speaker 1: Not my Saints Nation.
Speaker 2: I said, I'm telling you like it, boy.
Speaker 1: Like a sort of good it. Like now you're right with us. We're saying were black and gold. We bleed black and gold. Y'all bleeding black and gold. Not that play. They ain't.
Speaker 2: So I'm telling you I've been on another shoe of it. When I came from Detroit, we played Philly down here and and them boys had like five three hours. I'm out there lit going crazy and I'm like, I'm I'm on the other side like boo, yeah boo, I'm drunking their ass. Yeah, as the mostly come on, bool boy, they don't. They're dangerous, man, They're dangerous.
Speaker 1: When when the fans with you, like, that's that much more energy with you. So just with us when the crowds were going crazy, Floyd Floyd doing the whole Like, you can feel the energy through the team.
Speaker 2: So if I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: For bad play happens, stick with the damn team. We threw an interception, guys, Calm down, Yeah, calm down. He's just like, we'll get it back and then just throw off the little floy and get it right back. That'll give the team that energy that they need. Like it's a real thing that like a lot of men on the field, but the twelfth man is the crowd. The crowd got come with it. Stay in the game.
Speaker 2: Look, we be in a game. They think they they think they officeer coordinators run no ball.
Speaker 1: Run I'm like, oh my gosh, people.
Speaker 2: Think run the ball for they go crazy. One time we ran the ball right and they we had a negative play and they steered cheers just because we ran that mother we got we got it was first intend they say running up ball, we run that bit now second eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, what the he's going on here?
Speaker 2: It was Wow, I said, Oh my goodness, the people want what the people want?
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, Doude, Buffalo Bills got fans jumping through chairs until we got Gang Green going crazy. We want, we want. It's not a survey, it's an impending action. If you don't do it, we're gonna boy ass all game.
Speaker 2: That's how it is.
Speaker 1: That's how you gotta understand fan base. Hopefully my fan base don't go that way. You know what I'm saying, This first year is turning on us. Three years three years are not going to the playoffs now, But like it's that's sad. Now hurt y'all.
Speaker 2: It hurts now because y'all stamp. Now, y'all got y'all stamp.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Y'all know you don't got more too much long ago. Now you're trying to get a champ you got.
Speaker 1: I need it. I need it. You've been to Super Bowl? Like if you were tired today, it's like, damn slave, are you are? You? Like? Does it hurt going and not winning? I wouldn't know. I haven't even hit the stage. You tell me that hurt? That hurt.
Speaker 2: I was good afterwards because you know what I'm saying, I got to be a family man. I got kids to attend to now, because like they done gave me. Then I dedicated myself to like let me play this game for all this off season, all season. I gotta get to him. But boy, I was like, because if you don't ever know when the next time you go there, you never know. You never know. And you know what I'm saying. So I was hurt for a little second. I ain't gonna like walk off that field got out, But soon like something, I got in the car, got daddy mode, gotta go in that good family mode.
Speaker 1: So we had to just block out football and be like, got to block out football, man, trip kids, which you want to do. Baby, it's a good time to go to cant coon. I'm on the couch now trying to figure out where I'm going. I'm like, I'm going somewhere right out of extit physicals, you get surgery. I have to we'll talk about it. How long is it gonna take to talk about it. I'm going somewhere. I'm going to the motherland. Like my feelings is hurt, like like the mount of blood, the attension, the focus that you give, the energy give. I was dragging out my weak ass. Left ankle had a high end and low ankle spraying on it. But she carried it for seven weeks. I said, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: I feel bad? You know you my dollars. I've been watching, you know, watching tweets that just out here limping. I watched it tweets all the time. Man, I'm here the bouts for you, man, well all the true run stopping d NS. Man, I'm with you, bro, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: It's dead.
Speaker 2: They don't everybody glory to sacks now, Bro, I'm saying, it's it's only what two of y'all that have been doing it for a long period of time. And I don't want to say his name because he's a cowboy, but you and the market lawrens only two that being certified true RUSS DNS slash run stop everybody else, run come get something, said everybody else. They run around the block.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for contact. I'm looking for contact, and ain't too many more y'all now.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, of course, you know, both of them boys over there, they got the folk. They do it a little bit, no doubt. Nick y'all, Yeah, nick y'all, boy, y'all to the market lawns and y'all boys EG sellers. Now, I don't want to say his name because you know your cowboy, but y'all some EDG sellers. Man, I appreciate the one to say there because that means the run don't get to meet.
Speaker 1: Man. Come on, the years, the years that, like I done, have coaches like, hey, we stopped the run up front, not Frost seven Front four. He's like, let's look the back let the back ship of cover front four stop to run. Yeah, that m's more fun you have.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, I've have been of the team with to them in Detroit and at twenty fourteen team with all them d line and crazy they were.
Speaker 1: They told us, y'all don't worry about no run, thank you. I won't soon. I will fairly.
Speaker 2: You have JJ John Jones, Ziggy.
Speaker 1: I'll say, buddy buddy with the red the Red Contacts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Devin Taylor, yeah, man, come on, we have some EDG cellings for real. I'm talking mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Was dere tap over there was that was that was that? There was over there too? Well that was over there.
Speaker 2: Edge satting like, well look at you, that's whar I'd be like dang and everybody glorifying these sacks. But they cool than all.
Speaker 1: They're phenomenal. They can be a game changes and that's why you change. You get paid for them. But and come on me, let my little guys do what little guys do you know? Like, let me not worried about like y got to play my foot and try and take out this three hundred thirty pounds old lineman, Like remember what your trick was talking about? And it was like, man, I ain't never seen the dB run for me? Said you three trump William, three hundred and thirty pounds. Of course the dB gonna turn a run because they used to be able to cut you at the knee. Now now you want yeah, now you want buck six bucks seventy five to butt up? Then three hundred thirty pounder impossible?
Speaker 2: Come on man, then and then celebrate that can just like of course you should pancake't me. I'm one hundred and ninety pounds. They'd be like, I run my way, dug if I got a three hundred and thirty pounds more, I'm gonna try to send them here.
Speaker 1: Who's who monitor is a big ass gorilla? Yeh couple on bro who DB's monitors, a lightning boat, a cheatah, you know you know something snake, some quicks fast and you you got this man, like, give me more weight. That's not gonna work out. That's like asking at that point that's off alignment to run to catch a route on one of y'all impossible.
Speaker 2: Look at what's the what's what's the bad part about it is that coaches be trying to coach us up there, trying to take onto a big ol three andundred and fifty pound guy. I said, coach, what I look like trying to learn a technique to take on this dude?
Speaker 1: There's nothing from to my shoulders that's gonna do.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna do okay with this. I'm not gonna win this match up because I'm gonna set the edge, try to turn everything inside. Y'all better run.
Speaker 1: There's no technique for this.
Speaker 2: Help it's need help. That's what the technique called.
Speaker 1: Help me.
Speaker 2: Please help me.
Speaker 1: Hold Hey, I'm gonna hold on, so help me.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm gonna set this edge as long as I can, but please help please?
Speaker 1: All right, find a questionna get you out here, because I know you got you know you got playoff things to do. I don't.
Speaker 2: Say the Monday. Oh, you're right, you got to extra change today off.
Speaker 1: So really, now, why did you change your jersey number? You? You know what I'm saying. You went from the Kobe tribute to the number dudes.
Speaker 2: Okay, so too, So you know what I'm saying. I'm a big Kobe fan, so of course twenty four. So then when I saw I could get low numbers, why not get the daughter?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, because she was number two, So I'm like, I can do that. So I'm like, and too is one of my favorite numbers in Juco too, so I'm like, dang. So when I changed that, first, I'm like, I can go buy a juke. But then I looked at him like, dang, it's Gg's on too, Like I got I got both of these experiences like something, It's just hit me like I got both of him right now. So I'm like, you know, I'm a real big Kobe fan, so I'll go. And you know he a big Eagles fan too as well, So I got him tapped on my leg. And also Detroit found out I was big Kobe fan. And then uh, they said he played Detroit and he said was it was a Federwell tour man. Shoot, he came in there. I was happy, Bro, he came run.
Speaker 1: That con him? What up? Slave, I said, know me?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I was waiting on him. Oh my goodness, I'm lit. I'm lit well. I was almost in tears. Like Kobe, you know, napped me up, talked to me about ball a little bit. I'm like, man, look here, bro, can't you just sign my jersey?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: Like, j hey, nobody can't touch it? Framed up.
Speaker 1: He touched my jersey right now.
Speaker 2: I'm going to jail.
Speaker 1: I'm going to jail.
Speaker 2: You touched my jersey. I only wanted to touch the case. I probably could have met Kobe way more than I met him, arow. I only met it once, but probably been like six more, seven more times because the Egles fan ain't no telling how many times came to the guy. I knew he had been at the super Bowl. Definitely my super Bowl run. He had probably been loving Big Play. It's been talking about me on his podcasts or we do interviews about the Philly up Eagles, like and I would be love to hear Kobe say my name out of is Mount Paul's.
Speaker 1: But right from from from one of the go to basketball to to you know, one of the one of the biggest playmakers in history. Come on now all of life, man, look you, I have been on cloud team. See I'm I'm hurting Kobe, like Kobe, Kobe played with with the Lakers his whole career. So I'm just hurt, like I can never truly support my Arizona I'm from Arizona. You know, all my life, I grew up watching the Suns and you know, my my son's best team, Western Conference Finals. You know, Lakers knocked them out of I've been a Laker hater my entire life. You know, I feel bad for you, no doubt, no doubt. So like I respect the man for his craft, like you know what I'm saying, Like you talk about the Lords. That's like I'm like, then, Kobe is one of the best of all time, respectable, but like I can't buy his jersey like I can never you know, Okay, well not that makes sense then, Okay, So we were from from Kobe to that fast shout out, shout out to big play Slate bro. I appreciate you for for tuning in, Bro, like you know already. We didn't even talk about the Juco rop because we've done that before on the other podcast. We've done that before. But I appreciate for tuning in and tapping in. I'm gonna wish you well for your playoff run Go get one, because you know I'll just be here watching.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try to do it for us old heads man, the thirty club man.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Do it, do it for the for the legacy one time.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you already, appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Yes, man, I appreciate my guy Slave for joining the podcast. I appreciate the fans out here showing love to Off the Edge the Pot. It's been a hell of a ride for the same season. But we won't be done with the podcast. We're gonna keep on going through the playoffs and on and on and on. It won't stop. So thank you for everything. Guys, tell your friends about us. Tune back in next week. Thank you for listening, as I'm asking y'all to get leave a five star rating, a review and follow on Apple podcast the iHeartRadio Apple, wherever you get your podcast shout out Jacob Fuser from the fifteen hundred Sound Academy and Los Angeles for creating original music for the podcast. Hey, thank you, Peace, Love Blessings, can't wait, Start my villain arc. We're going live. We're going straight up. Start training like it's gonna be a rocky Montage. All I want is a super Bowl. We gotta start winning the offseason today. Till I see y'all next, Stay blessed, Peace,