Speaker 1: Guys. I think it is so cool that so many people around the world are listening to our podcast.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can see where they're from, and there's people from Australia, yes, Highland, Germany, Japan, everywhere.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm always looking for somewhere to stay abroad for free. Okay, So if you're listening and you're from there and you have a nice place, you know, I'm not very picky. Just my own bedroom, a.
Speaker 5: Nice bathroom, if you have a pool.
Speaker 3: Oh, if you're willing to take pictures of me out at the pool, maybe a personal chef.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm not picky. We could tell hit me up after you list show and it's listening. It's starting right now.
Speaker 6: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. And over the long winter break, our inboxes were getting besieged with emails from our listeners and our text board too, everybody demanding one thing from us. Brooke, you want to tell them what it was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know us to come back from vacation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nobody wanted that.
Speaker 1: No, okay, okay, wait, can I guess again?
Speaker 6: No, I thought you knew. I thought you actually read the Emailskay.
Speaker 1: You know what I've gone.
Speaker 4: I just kind of.
Speaker 1: Start fresh from day one. Let's go January.
Speaker 6: The thing all our listeners want is audio. First. We need to deny am check the text board. Tell me I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I check it again. I'm not sure if anybody here knows this yet, but our marketing budget for the entire show this year is zero.
Speaker 5: I actually heard that.
Speaker 1: That's actually more than last year.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm serious. They took it all away, and there's no money left in radio and all. There's a fifty percent possibility actually all of our paychecks are going to bounce this week. So understanding that there's no marketing budget at all, all of it is now left in the hands of myself and producer Boyd. So I feel very excited to present all of you our inaugural voyage. Are you ready here? It is our pre produced audio first intro in three two one.
Speaker 4: Audio.
Speaker 6: That's nice.
Speaker 5: That was the pre produced intro for it.
Speaker 6: Don't have a lot of time because we built this segment up so much, but you know how it works. We'll play you some audio, giving you zero explanation beforehand. We're gonna tell you what it is after you hear it in audio first, without further ado.
Speaker 7: Here it is, I.
Speaker 5: Got your sensing the melted deck, New York.
Speaker 4: To see it. This is Jennifer.
Speaker 8: Is it mean now Brook?
Speaker 6: I'm sure you recognize that sound because it's not unfamiliar to the Fox household.
Speaker 1: It sounds like my children when they're hungry before dinner.
Speaker 6: That is it's a donkey actually named Donkey, who was a TikTok sensation and his owner recorded him going wild over his brand new rubber chicken squeak toy that was sent to him by one of his fans.
Speaker 1: I would have enjoyed it more if you told me that before the clip.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's not how it works with audio laughing successful audio.
Speaker 1: It's so I don't know why they would take our marketing budget.
Speaker 6: Now, let's get into the shock collar question of the day, which we unfortunately do not have a budget to create a pre produced intro for, so we're just gonna send it straight on over to digital. Jake, go ahead, Jake.
Speaker 9: Behind the scenes, there's been a little frustration because for the last week Alexis has been doing impersonations or I mean, I guess we shouldn't say she's doing them. It's more like she's been explaining who famous people are without changing her voice whatsoever.
Speaker 1: She puts a yall in there.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So we're.
Speaker 9: Gonna do a quick tutorial on how impersonations normally work. Like, for a female impersonation, uh, you change your voice, talk a little higher like this, okay, I think, But for a male impression, you tend to talk deeper and more masculine, like Brooks speaking voice.
Speaker 6: Does this make sense?
Speaker 5: It's like Brooks talking through you.
Speaker 9: So okay, now that we finished our lesson on basic human speech, we're ready for your challenge. Oh my god, what is this? It seems someone here wants to mud wrestle the spotlight away from Alexis Brooks. Fox has rushed the stage like her political idol Kanye West into Taylor Swift at the v m AS, and she's stolen the microphone and she says, I want this segment to be about me right now, Terrible, in a shocking turn of events, will be doing a special I'm better than you addition of dim personations with brook Brook your first impression will be guessed by Alexis. Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Brook?
Speaker 6: She's laughing at the thought of her own impression.
Speaker 8: Brook.
Speaker 9: Your impression starts in three two one go, Hey, what do you want of school?
Speaker 4: With Steve?
Speaker 11: Here's this standy DeVito.
Speaker 1: Gosh, what I like to do animated movies?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 1: I just had one and I'm a lizard in that one.
Speaker 12: I'm really old and I don't know what I'm stuposed to do. This is actually really good, old wizard, but I love to do stand up comedy.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm knowing for time.
Speaker 13: Is up carry That impersonation was Adam Sandler.
Speaker 6: It started with like a really really deep New York accident and then it got kind of like Minnesota.
Speaker 5: He was Leo the tie.
Speaker 9: We're on the round two, Jose, you're gonna be guessing this impression.
Speaker 5: I'm going to stand up.
Speaker 1: For this, okay, I think, so yeah, let's go.
Speaker 9: Your impersonation starts in three two one go.
Speaker 1: So that's not it.
Speaker 4: That's what.
Speaker 11: I'm so beautiful and I have big bosoms and.
Speaker 1: I actually speak Spanish fluently. I play a gift, but I'm very smart.
Speaker 14: And yes, that's the one.
Speaker 6: I thought that was a book Fox impression.
Speaker 13: A Spanish No, that was really sorry, tremendous work Jose. That impersonation was Sophia Vergara. Jose, you're safe from getting shocked, works Jeffery. You're either going to join Alexis and getting shocked or Jose being safe. If you get this right, here's your impersonation from brook Here we go. You started three to one, go my hell all.
Speaker 1: The time, and they're safe on the plane. I'm a badly.
Speaker 4: Plan.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 6: It's either Macaulay Culkin from home alone fe or don Cheedle from a hotel Rwanda. I just want to hear more take care.
Speaker 1: Of the snakes. I don't remember what else he does.
Speaker 9: Sorry, the time's up. I can't take don Cheedle from hotel Rwanda things. That's very incorrect. That impersonation was Samuel L.
Speaker 6: Jackson.
Speaker 9: Yes, Jeffery's getting shocked, Alexi is getting shocked. Cose, you're safe. That was dim personations Brooks.
Speaker 14: Wow was into it.
Speaker 6: I was screaming for the early morning there. But Alexis and I are going to be getting shocked. And somebody wanted to hear happy by Pharrell.
Speaker 15: Because I'm happy if you because that's your shot.
Speaker 7: Collar freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Talking to my co host about their weekend is a lot like Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Okay, Jose's recap is way too hot, breaking down every activity, re enacting pretty much every conversation that he has.
Speaker 1: Oh, you don't mention the food pictures. He has to go through to.
Speaker 6: Alexis's recap way too cold. She can barely remember anything she did in the last forty eight hours. It usually takes her a while.
Speaker 1: It always starts with the white clause.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Brooks recap is way too right. Wait a minute, far right. I wouldn't say that, but some people I just want to get to, like a normal, regular sized amount of details from our conversation. Is that too much to ask? Or am I about to get mauled by a bunch of bears again? We're gonna fight. We'll find out that's my typical weekend. You'll find out in a brand new edition of What's on Your Mind that's coming up. Always remember your life is not a fairy tale.
Speaker 1: Forget Jeff, did.
Speaker 6: You lose your shoe at midnight? You're just drunk? Okay, ply, and this segment's no fairy tale either. It's just brutally honest truth. During a brand new edition of What's on Your Mind. We're gonna start things off with brook Brook what's on your mind?
Speaker 4: Well, what.
Speaker 11: I may have or my husband may have opened some mail that could or could not be maybe four new traffic violation?
Speaker 6: What four of them?
Speaker 5: Did you say? Four new traffic violations?
Speaker 1: It's the bridge, Okay, listen.
Speaker 6: The bridge's fault is an issue for me.
Speaker 11: It has been for a long time, and some people like to I'm really slow, like the speed limit. So I when I come in in the morning, there's this whole open lane.
Speaker 1: And sure it may say bus only, but I don't see any buses. I see no busy.
Speaker 4: I did not know that.
Speaker 6: Warning.
Speaker 1: I got a couple of photographs of me in my car. All right.
Speaker 11: I would like, though, to thank the warning system because there are four warnings that I just got.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 11: Maybe they just put the camera in and so they're letting people know that the camera is there. Yeah, so I think it's a victory. My husband still thinks it's breaking a rule. I tried to remind him that nobody in history gets remembered for following rules.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So if you're listening right now, the traffic claws. Don't apply for your first forefails.
Speaker 1: I'll be your warning to your warning.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, thank you for your non sacrifice.
Speaker 1: May be late to work because I'm able to use that late.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 14: Over the weekend, I ordered some delivery food and I got a really interesting message from the driver.
Speaker 5: While they were on the way.
Speaker 14: Oh okay, so someone named Dakota and they don't have a profile picture. Okay, but the message and it said, hello, may I please have one dollar or maybe five dollars for fuel?
Speaker 5: I apologize to ask, oh okay.
Speaker 14: Immediately I'm like, well, of course, Like I remember, I sid to borrow money from people all the time.
Speaker 5: You when I first worked here.
Speaker 1: What do you do? Tip through the app?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 5: And then well that's what I told them I was gonna do.
Speaker 6: But here's what happens.
Speaker 5: The order takes really long, but eventually.
Speaker 1: Because they got to get gased, eventually.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was sketchy.
Speaker 14: They get there, I get a message it says that they're at my apartment. So I go downstairs and I see the food on the counter and I run outside immediately, and I see that there's a guy outside looking at his phone, and so I'm like, hey, brother, here go get some gas, and I gave him an I give him the twenty dollars bill.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: So he looks shocked and he said, wow, thank you, deed done. Yeah, and then I start to think.
Speaker 14: And I go, wait a minute, I never asked about the person. Was Dakotah Yeah, And then I look at the end. There's no picture of a Dakota. So at this point I think I ran outside.
Speaker 5: And gave some It's a random kid with a phone and was like hanging up with some dad's on your tank and I ran away and they were like wow, really well, he looked shocked. He was like, wow, thank you.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you were that person.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 5: You're welcome by filter tank or half of it.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna get a really bad review from.
Speaker 14: You, promised to tip.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, alexis what's been on your mind?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: So I took my roommate's car to work today, and over the weekend I biked everywhere I needed to go, and last week I got rides to work every day.
Speaker 2: At the end of the week, no one for noticing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I may have accidentally totaled my car. Yeah my car.
Speaker 11: You can pass around yeah, I wanted it to be the rear end, so it wasn't your I.
Speaker 3: May have rerended someone badly, but everyone's okay, everyone's okayls right short.
Speaker 1: I am going to get a check though for the damage.
Speaker 3: That's good and honestly, like I had more damage beforehand also, so I think it's kind of a win because I'll make more this way than Sey.
Speaker 6: Yes, because yeah, that's how that works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they don't know the.
Speaker 3: Crack of thewent shield already there, the door dens already there.
Speaker 11: They know, I mean, when it's all rusted, they know that it's been there.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I haven't got the check yet, but I'm sure it'll be decent.
Speaker 6: I small, and hopefully no one at the insurance company listens to our show.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, all those happened very fresh.
Speaker 4: Mind.
Speaker 6: The other day we did a segment on the show about the one who got away. Oh, yes, I told our producer, I don't really have that. But then I thought about it more and I remembered, there actually is somebody.
Speaker 1: Wait, you forgot about the one that got away.
Speaker 6: It was a long time ago, when I was growing up in La A young and confused man walking the streets of Hollywood. I was convinced at the time, no joke, that I was destined to meet and fall in love with Hillary Duff. For sure, that was going to happen, And I didn't think it was crazy because I used to hang out at the shopping center where all the celebrities and the stars and their families would go to hand.
Speaker 2: So you'd like follow the paparazzi photos and see where Hillary Duff was last.
Speaker 6: No, I mean I would just be there. I would hang out there anyway, and I thought for sure we would meet randomly at the cold Stone Creamery, of course, and she would walk in. We'd make eye contacts from across, like the ice cream bar.
Speaker 5: Get diamonds on your toppings too.
Speaker 6: I would. I would say something smooth when she was standing in line behind me, like soon you're doing waffle conear, and then instantly in love with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet you were a Duff magnet.
Speaker 6: I would have been, and then we would have like split a scoop of French vanilla, gone lick for lick on that, and then just falling in love right there. But she never came into that cold Stone, So Hillary Duff is my one who got away?
Speaker 1: That was a beautiful story. Yeah, I'm close to tears right now.
Speaker 6: Well, look, if you guys want to get her on the phone for my birthday and surprise me with her, but it's never too late for true love.
Speaker 1: I got a fire on cameo.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, all right, surprise me with it. I'll act like I totally didn't see it. Comes on my birthday.
Speaker 5: Jeff are you the weird guy from Coldstone? When younger?
Speaker 6: I'll never tell that was What's on your mind? Seven eight five nine two. Tell us what's been on yours? It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Textboart's blowing up at seventy five nine two with people telling us what's been on their minds. But this one says, well, Hello, Brook, Jeffrey, Jose and Alexis. My name is Kayla. What's on my mind? Is my boyfriend? Popped the question randomly and totally unexpected context. We've been together for five years, okay, okay, and I said no, she says Brook. Since you're the only married lady on the show, when did you know when it's the right time to say yes.
Speaker 1: If your instinct is no, don't go through it.
Speaker 9: Yeah at all.
Speaker 1: You saw it was too small, That's what it was.
Speaker 6: Another text says if I hadn't ever heard Jose say hello, it's Laser Stories, I never would have known what was said at the beginning of the Laser Stories intro.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 6: This has been bugging me.
Speaker 5: That's the only thing that our executive producers are our show.
Speaker 6: It's our producer. He's doing it in a terrible British accent, saying hello, Laser Stories.
Speaker 1: Has no one been able to hear what he says this entire time?
Speaker 5: You're saying hello, it's Laser Story.
Speaker 6: It's exceptionally bad British accent testing.
Speaker 4: Did you know that?
Speaker 1: I don't know what we say?
Speaker 6: And we got one more text It.
Speaker 1: Says, not good, Brandy, it's really bad.
Speaker 6: That's our whole show.
Speaker 7: Though.
Speaker 6: One more says I hope my question makes it on the show, and then there's no question.
Speaker 5: Oh, it was probably the previous message. You get it.
Speaker 4: Oh, No, I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't put numbers together. Maybe that was it. Anyway, keep her text coming in seven, eight, five nine too, We're gonna do Laser Stories.
Speaker 1: Hello, it's laser Stories.
Speaker 6: It's coming up right after this. Laser Stories coming up in just a second. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Make sure you follow us by the way at Broken Jeffrey on Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Facebook.
Speaker 1: God, you can see your new studio. It's so pretty.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Nice.
Speaker 6: But there was a survey done recently of eight hundred managers and executives in the US. Almost forty percent of them admit they've avoided hiring recent college graduates in favor of older employees instead.
Speaker 2: Really work the other way, they say, because gen zers just aren't prepared for real life.
Speaker 11: In fact, what what recently graduated college students has ever been prepared for real life?
Speaker 5: No matter what generation.
Speaker 6: One in five employers say they've had a recent college graduate bring a parent along with them to the job interview. They're just waiting out in the lobby for them to be finished so they can give them a hug and say, honey, you did so good. They totally nailed it. Now get a job and get out of my freaking house.
Speaker 1: Can you take me to lunch?
Speaker 6: Because I just over half of employers said gen zers struggle with eye contact during their interviews.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their friends.
Speaker 14: Yeah, obvious looking down at the floor right now.
Speaker 6: Others have asked for unreasonable compets during the interview.
Speaker 2: For sure, it doesn't everyone make two hundred K after college.
Speaker 1: I mean I thought that's what my professor told me.
Speaker 5: Now that seller sounds good. Can I get that all in a signing bonus?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Most dress inappropriately for work? Well, I mean the mid drift they use inappropriate language.
Speaker 1: Management needs to change.
Speaker 3: Not yet, you.
Speaker 6: Should hire me because of my riz. And finally, sixty employers say new college grads come off as entitled and get super offended way too easily.
Speaker 1: Come on, give them a break. You know they're young. They don't know.
Speaker 6: I just hope that they're not listening to Laser Stories, which is guaranteed to offend the gen zs. It's coming up right after this. It's the radio segment that's taking the awkwardness out of One night Stands with a new product called Eat a Sheet edible bed sheets for the rando who spends the night at your place.
Speaker 1: I don't really get it now.
Speaker 6: It comes in three flavors, nacho cheese, tapioca, and buttermilk ranch. Wake up in the morning and eat a sheet with that special someone.
Speaker 1: Sorry, can't leave it.
Speaker 14: I'm still working on You started that corner, I'll start at this one.
Speaker 6: We'll meet in the middle last night. It sounds almost as delicious as laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and those other mattress munchers just don't. This first laser story is out of winter Park, Florida. Forty one year olds Paul Kuriak recently stepped into his favorite Dunkin Donuts store when the call of nature hit.
Speaker 1: Well, coffee will do that to you, yep, So.
Speaker 6: He stepped into the bathroom real quick, and then the unthinkable happened. As he was on the toilet. It exploded a talking the toilet blew up him and the restroom in well, yeah, exactly what you would think.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, what and why?
Speaker 6: Paul sat there in shock for a couple of seconds, and then with urine debris and worse all over him, he bravely walked out of the restroom.
Speaker 1: What to order his doughnut and coffee.
Speaker 14: Imagine seeing that guy walk out of the bathroom being like, oh, do not order food?
Speaker 6: He could go in there, and he found the store's manager and asked for help, but according to Paul, he was brushed off. They quickly apologized, and then they let him know they were aware of the quote problem with the toilets, as it had happened before.
Speaker 2: What wait it that wasn't the first time the Duncan's toilet had exploded.
Speaker 6: Okay, So Paul has now filed a lawsuit seeking more than one hundred thousand dollars in damages because he says he suffered severe and long term injuries due to the incident, and more than that, he's required mental health care and counseling just so that he can be brave enough to use a public restroom again.
Speaker 2: He's never gonna go to a Duncan every again. I mean, one hundred thousand dollars. Honestly sounds pretty low to me. It sounds like he legit.
Speaker 1: Just needs some help.
Speaker 6: You you don't think it sounds legit.
Speaker 1: No, I think it does. Like it sounds legit to me.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I mean, the case is in court and a retfer. Duncan has not publicly responded to the suit. As for the toilet, word is it's still not working.
Speaker 1: Probably, but did they finally put it sign.
Speaker 6: They put an out of order sign up on the door, so it's not like they've done nothing. It's next to.
Speaker 5: That should feel like a little bomb symbol.
Speaker 1: Enter at your own risk crime scene.
Speaker 6: This next Lazer story is out of secret Sarah Ammony.
Speaker 1: Central, and we getn't know about it.
Speaker 6: Wedding venues are crazy expensive, so I'm surprised we don't see this kind of thing more. Maybe it's a new trend and we will start seeing more of it. But a coffee shop in Indianapolis called Mansion Society is in the news today after a couple held a pop up wedding there and did not ask permission.
Speaker 1: What well, they just did it.
Speaker 6: They just showed up with thirty guests, didn't say anything, and started the ceremony in one corner of the store.
Speaker 5: It's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Don't have any extra help and you're not putting up any decorations.
Speaker 1: I guess they.
Speaker 6: Had efficient there and their photographer told a barista to wait five minutes when they asked them to please stop blocking the door.
Speaker 1: No, ok, hold on, they haven't just wait.
Speaker 5: For him to kiss the bride.
Speaker 6: The owners who normally charged five hundred dollars for private events. There say they didn't stop it from happening because footage of them interrupting a wedding could go viral and the internet might cancel them.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, so we can do whatever we want now.
Speaker 2: I mean, the five hundred dollars for a wedding venue is not like, yeah, like.
Speaker 5: Fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Well, later, the coffee shop posted a video of it happening, after initially deciding not to they didn't want to shame the couple online, but eventually opted to post the footage after the bride and groom refused to admit that they had done anything wrong.
Speaker 2: Money, man, I mean they shut down the store, right, they blocked the entrance.
Speaker 1: Give them like a hundred bucks and everybody buy a coffee?
Speaker 5: Ye anyway, everybody.
Speaker 6: Once the comments started rolling in, the bride was shamed for not paying, and she offered two hundred dollars for.
Speaker 1: Now we're negotiating. I think we're too late for that.
Speaker 6: When they asked her for the full amount, she called it unreasonable. So now people online are debating whether a sudden pop up wedding like this is really a big deal or not because the whole thing only lasted twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh that's it. Okay, what do they.
Speaker 5: Should go back?
Speaker 8: And?
Speaker 5: You know, a pop up divorce.
Speaker 2: I bet they didn't tell their guests of either. I bet the guests were like, wait, yeah, I have no idea.
Speaker 6: The stories out of emoji lands. A recent poll of one thousand employees asked them to name the most inappropriate emojis to use at work? Can you guess what number one is? Anybody?
Speaker 5: Egg plan? Probably a plan?
Speaker 6: Come on, Well, how you answer might depend on your age, because for gen Z, it's the peach emoji, the one that looks.
Speaker 8: Like a butt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I too.
Speaker 6: For millennial age people, it's the beer mug emoji. Is inappropriate for work, inappropriate to be sharing around at work.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you just say it like happy hour beer emoji?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, okay, you.
Speaker 6: Want to get fired, go ahead. Gen Z people, it's the egg plant.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, the first people were gen X. I always get these mixed up.
Speaker 6: Gen Z is peach egg plant, Millennials are beer mug gen X, okay, okay, and then baby boomers think the middle finger emoji is the most unprofessional one that.
Speaker 1: Just means I was number one in sales. Number one sign is that true.
Speaker 6: Baby boomers think that the middle finger emoji is most unprofessional.
Speaker 1: Bro, No, let's send them to my mom. Look, okay.
Speaker 6: The top answers for men and women were also different. Women think the peach and egg plant emojis are the most unprofessional. Men say the beer mug and kissing mark emoji should not be allowed at work because.
Speaker 1: The men aren't getting sent the egg plant the peach emoji. Yeah you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The one that got the most votes overall was the beer mug. So I guess talking about getting drunk at work is still consider taboo.
Speaker 5: But we can send like the red bite lip emoji.
Speaker 2: I guess bottles fine, the wine glass spy like the smoke like the smoke puff.
Speaker 6: Is okay, Yeah, I'll just make a class. That's what you gotta do it. But that's why this guy never sends emojis. He just draws a big phallic symbol on every work note that he sends around the office, no subtlety whatsoever. That means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time.
Speaker 7: Friday Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: If you ever get dumped, what happens usually is your ex instantly becomes enemy number one for every person close to you in your life.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, and your.
Speaker 6: Entire family is mad at them.
Speaker 2: I still hate my girlfriend's boyfriends from twenty years ago.
Speaker 5: Moved on with families.
Speaker 6: What good friends do they never forget your friends talk trash about them online incessantly. Even your barista vows to never make their coffee order right ever again. Well, we want to help you take that pettiness one step further by coming onto our show and sharing that betrayal story right here on our show. Because we promised to be on your side. We won't just hate him for you. Brooke promises she will go to his house get pregnant with his baby, and he vows to raise that baby poorly, just to rub it in his face.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was gonna go with like slash tires or something that's even dream for your friends for twenty years.
Speaker 5: O yeah, wait for.
Speaker 6: Just as showed up. Those are just some of the benefits that our listeners are about to reap when they share their stories about how they got cheated on. In a brand new busted.
Speaker 1: Look in nine months Yeah, that's.
Speaker 10: Coming out sneaky husbands, two timing lives, lived boyfriends and even worse girlfriends. They thought they could get away with it, but now they're about to get busted.
Speaker 6: You know, two can Sam always says, follow your nose wherever it goes.
Speaker 1: Sure, but what.
Speaker 6: If your nose leads you into a Craigslist casual encounter with someone who's not your significant other?
Speaker 5: Significently?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 11: Sam always seems sketchy to me, so that makes sense. That checks out all the Cereal mascots.
Speaker 5: Is that steam leading him into a jungle?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't know how many relationships have been destroyed by too can Sam and his reckless, self indulgent advice. Wow, we're gonna hear about at least a few of them right here and bust it. We got some listeners ready to share how they caught their exes dipping their spoons into someone else's fruit loops. We're gonna start things off with Rebecca, tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 16: I was dating a guy for a while and when we hung out at his place, it was always on a weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, easier, Ben, Yeah, that's usually when people hang out mostly.
Speaker 16: Sure, well, I mean we still spend time together during the week, but he always made excuses if I wanted to go over to his place on weekdays, and Monday to Friday was never ago.
Speaker 1: Some red flags popping up.
Speaker 16: So then one weekend, my friends and I decided to do a little staycation and book an Airbnb for a birthday party. And that when I see his house on the site on Airbnb.
Speaker 1: What, Yes, so he rents it out sometimes.
Speaker 16: I contact the person on the listing and find out that it was not my boyfriend's place every weekend for you, Yes, renting it on weekends.
Speaker 1: Oh God, like ID be mad, but also like really flatterer. What does this have to do with cheating though?
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, well it turns out he actually owns a different house with his wife and kids.
Speaker 6: Again yeah okay, all right, well okay, well that turned out bad. Sorry, Rebecca. Let's go to Jack. Tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 17: Okay, So, yeah, I started dating this girl and the relationship is kind of like new and we were like three months in. Her birthday rolled around, so, I mean, we both love music, and for a birthday, I got a pair of concert tickets to favorite fans. I will say which to avoid judgment, because that's not what the issue is here.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, give me some Darius Rucker.
Speaker 6: That's why he didn't want to say anything, but you get it objectively. Concert tickets to any band is a great birthday for sure.
Speaker 17: I love an experienced gift, you know. But she ended up not taking me, which is fine, but one of you take the person who gives you the gift, right, the person that goes.
Speaker 6: With you to the concert.
Speaker 1: She take her best friend or something.
Speaker 17: Well, she asked me if I could d D for her and her friend.
Speaker 2: Oh we go, So you're still yeah, that's a really nice gift.
Speaker 4: Why not.
Speaker 17: I'll be the chauffeur too, No problem, okay, But then surprise, surprise, to go pick up the buddy and it ends up being her ex. And she told me that it was their band that they love together, so it only made sense that she would take him. So I'm driving her and her ex to this concert.
Speaker 6: That I I mean, it's her birthday. Birthday. Girl gets what she wants.
Speaker 1: If you looked up audacity in the.
Speaker 6: Wow jack You're a good guy to guy.
Speaker 7: Door.
Speaker 2: Matt Jackson's married for ten years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we have time for one more. Let's go to Leanne. Tell us how you busted your significant other.
Speaker 18: Well, I wake up one day to the police knocking it my door.
Speaker 1: The tear away pants.
Speaker 18: Oh no, so my boyfriend was over and there's these two officers. But one of the officers ends up handcuffing my boyfriend and taking him away in the police car. And they really wouldn't tell me anything. So the whole thing was really puzzling.
Speaker 19: But then on the next day they bring them back, same officer, right, bring that good boyfriend back.
Speaker 1: They deliver them.
Speaker 5: It's like we're just putting them back where we found him.
Speaker 8: Have a good day.
Speaker 6: They're done questioning him or something like that.
Speaker 18: Or maybe maybe somebody bailed him out. I don't know.
Speaker 20: I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 19: So I'm asking my boyfriend and he's like just refusing to tell me what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what was it?
Speaker 6: Legally, sometimes you can't talk about ongoing not to defend your but go ahead.
Speaker 18: Yeah, well no, that's what he said. He said that he wasn't legally allowed to discuss the quote case. Apparently there was this like ongoing investigation. I'm saying quotes, but because this is what I was told.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it's still so weird that they brought him back, right.
Speaker 18: It was so Then get this.
Speaker 19: The same officer comes back like a few days later and.
Speaker 18: Wants to speak with my boyfriend again. So I'm like, this time, I'm gonna, you know, eavesdrop while I'm looking out the.
Speaker 19: Window, and there they are my boyfriend and this police officer kissing.
Speaker 14: No, no, my god, they run him back and they kissed him.
Speaker 6: This is the worst police department. Have you never been arrested before? That's what they do. Like the whole thing.
Speaker 19: They pulled it over on me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: It was a fun police office.
Speaker 6: So the thing was just an elaborate scheme.
Speaker 11: Oh, it's probably like their fantasy. They're like living out their fantasy.
Speaker 6: She'll the copy and the police car and the handcuffs. I mean, I'm kind of impressed.
Speaker 1: You're turned on, aren't you getting there?
Speaker 6: I mean, Leanne, I'm very sorry for you, but low key.
Speaker 1: Yes, sorry, I'm sorry for you. With a huge smile on their face.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, that was that was a great addition.
Speaker 1: You guys take yourselves out.
Speaker 6: Oh I can't stop smiling now. Text in seventy five nine too. If you have a funny story about how you caught your ex cheating, you could be on the next edition of Busted. We got your Phones out coming up right after this.
Speaker 7: Freaking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Today, we call a woman who's been applying for reality shows for over fifteen years. Oh okay, she's never made it, oh girl, And nobody gives her a harder time about that than her own sister, of course. Oh that is a sister's I mean, it's not my role to judge if it's cruel or not for what she did to set her up for this. But her sister made a fake Gmail account claiming that she's a producer for a big Hollywood show and wanted to get in touch about a possible appearance in an upcoming series. Man, so the hook's already been baited. All that's left is to see what happens in your phone. Tap right now? Oh, Hi, this is Flint Douche from TV Productions. Is this Chelsea?
Speaker 7: Oh my god?
Speaker 16: Hi?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 6: Could I just say the producers here were so impressed by your video application and the write up that you sent in amazing really yeah, And it says here. Used to be a.
Speaker 16: Model, Yes, absolutely, based model.
Speaker 21: I mean it was a little bit while ago, but I'm really excited.
Speaker 6: Actually, I used to be a model too. Huh, you're back in my day. You may have seen me in the jaz P catalog. I was the teen and the spider Man underws that we're way too tight. I made a meme about me, But now I digress. No, this call, this call is all about EU.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 18: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 21: No, I'm really excited to hear from you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, us too. I mean you just seem so youthful and energetic. Frankly, I just need to be upfront and tell you you're in serious consideration to be a part of one of our next shows.
Speaker 2: WHOA Way?
Speaker 11: Are you being serious?
Speaker 6: One hundred percent serious? Me and three other producers, we all think you'd be a perfect fit for our guy, Mordy.
Speaker 18: Mordy, I don't know that show.
Speaker 19: Who's Mordy?
Speaker 6: Okay? Well, look may have been getting ahead of myself here. You can't leak this, okay, this is just between.
Speaker 4: You and me.
Speaker 6: We've picked Morty as our next Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 9: Huh, well, I.
Speaker 6: Guess technically Mortimer is his full name, but he's quite a catch. Eighty four year old shuffle border from Long Island owns a deli ready to hop back into the hot tub for love. No what I'm saying, there's a really good chance you could be selected as one of his female suitors on the show.
Speaker 21: Wuez second, I don't understand.
Speaker 18: Isn't that show for old people?
Speaker 6: Ooh yeah, we prefer not to use that term. Behind the scenes, we like to say raisins or vegetable market because they shrivel and just kind of sit there. What but we were even thinking of calling the show final destination?
Speaker 18: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: But on the air, let's us go with the term golden aged. Okay, I'm not cold in age.
Speaker 16: I'm young at heart, but I'm not cold and age rush.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's the spirit shelse Sure.
Speaker 18: I'm sorry you didn't.
Speaker 16: You must have not read my bio.
Speaker 18: I'm forty six years old.
Speaker 6: Right, forty six?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 6: What you're joking. We like the sense of humor. He's gonna love the sharp way. Wae a second, hold on, I need more of that.
Speaker 21: How old did you think I was?
Speaker 6: I mean, we just thought you at a senior moment and accidentally switch the numbers you're not sixty four.
Speaker 21: No, I'm not sixty four.
Speaker 6: Hold on, because you list under your hobbies gardening and book club. I mean, what is that to do with my aim, which is those are interests that are more aligned with our female applicants to the Golden Bachelor?
Speaker 20: Usaid, do you understand whole offensive you're being right now?
Speaker 6: Listen, I'm not trying to be offensive. I'm just trying to make you a star or I guess as your generation calls it, a starlet, starlet?
Speaker 18: What you want with you?
Speaker 6: It's sorry, I don't know all the lingo from the nineteen forties, but can I just ask you a personal question real quick? What okay? Are you?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 6: Maybe you know, just fudging the numbers a little bit?
Speaker 2: You can be.
Speaker 18: Honest with you.
Speaker 6: Stop it. It doesn't seem like from what I've read in forty six.
Speaker 20: You saw my tape, you know I am not sixty four years old.
Speaker 6: But it just under the social media part. You put down your Facebook.
Speaker 16: Page, that's a are you?
Speaker 1: Are you ready to go?
Speaker 6: See exactly? Nobody under fifty has a Facebook page, So all the red flags are going up on my end.
Speaker 19: This is more than offensive.
Speaker 16: You don't do that with somebody.
Speaker 6: Well, I apologize clearly, there's been some sort of confusion here. Why don't we do this? Why don't we have you come down to our production studios and you can just meet Morty.
Speaker 16: I am not meeting with him.
Speaker 6: See if there's a connection. He's a real sweet guy.
Speaker 16: I am not going on the Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 6: Just talk to him about your interest croquet and embroidering, mittens or whatever you do. We'll just see if you love sparks.
Speaker 20: Nice is making strap up.
Speaker 21: I don't have any of.
Speaker 18: That on my bio.
Speaker 6: That's not true. I just confirmed it with your sister Milania. What he knows she has something to do with this, Rightlily? Wait, you know this is a prank call that Milania listens to our show. My name is jeff from Brook and Jeffrey In the morning. She asked us to do a phonetown on you.
Speaker 16: I'm about to have a heart attack, like a sixty something wrong.
Speaker 6: We'll tell you. You get into that hot tub with Mortimer, He's gonna make you feel like you're forty six, that's for sure.
Speaker 7: Weekend every morning was time weekday mornings on the twenties, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: What if I told you there's a new dating trend where men can pay a lot of money to meet women not on the internet and it's totally legal, no expectations whatsoever.
Speaker 14: Okay, I was gonna say, it's been around for a while, Jeff, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You set it up in a way that.
Speaker 6: I don't know where your guys is he I think you do. But now establishments are getting on board with this, So you're gonna be seeing this happening in your city eventually, if it's not there already. It's how one of ours, How one of them met a woman that he now has a major crush on. You're gonna find out why him and his guy friends paid hundreds of dollars and they are totally okay with it in your second date update right after this second Date update. For guys, when it comes to dating and actually meeting women, let's face it, we need all the help that we can get because the apps can be very frustrating and slow. Going out to a bar armed with three horrible pickup lines is almost impossible.
Speaker 1: Pickup lines is gonna make it really hard.
Speaker 6: Yes, with all these clowns around here, feels like we're at the circus.
Speaker 11: Huh, Drake, So you totally kept going with it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm the same. It seem clearly they didn't work in here either. But now there's a new dating trend that people are doing. And I've never heard about this before, but it's how one of our listeners met someone the other day. So let's talk to him. His name is Andre, Andre, welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Hi. How you doing?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 18: How you do all of it?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 6: We'll stop.
Speaker 2: I want to know where you learn this dating trick or hack or whatever it is from.
Speaker 6: Apparently it's a different like dating activity than people are.
Speaker 8: Doing it is it's kind of like speed dating meets basically.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like an event that you went to meet someone.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, it's put together okay, like a restaurant hosts the event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speed dating is it new?
Speaker 6: But yeah, what makes this different than normal speed dating?
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, you have a set like meat time, but the ladies arrived first, and they none of them are alone. You know, they're groups of friends and they order like drinks or something to eat.
Speaker 1: Oh you like this because you don't have to pay for them? Is that what it is?
Speaker 8: The way it works is when you bash come in maybe about half an hour to forty five minutes later, okay, and you get to you know, walk around and say hi. But if you sit down, you actually end up paying for the meal.
Speaker 6: Guys have to pay for the things that the girls order.
Speaker 1: Well, there's multiple women at the table.
Speaker 5: Do we get fed?
Speaker 1: This sounds expensive?
Speaker 6: Man, Yeah, this sounds great. If you're a girl.
Speaker 1: I don't know, we just do a girl's night. You talk to one guys we paid.
Speaker 14: I'm sorry, this sounds amazing to me too. I would annoy everyone with my food knowledge, all the food coming.
Speaker 6: But then you have to pay for everything that they order.
Speaker 5: But at least I got attention from a girl for once.
Speaker 8: That's kind of like a blind Uh you're going in blind on that one. But myself, a couple of friends of mine decided we were going to do this just for a funny evening. You figured, you're splitting into the bill three ways. How bad could it be?
Speaker 1: You know? Okay, so you would all go to the same table to meet, like.
Speaker 8: Three we were hanging out. I'm hanging out with my friends, you're hanging out with your friends. Let's see how it works.
Speaker 1: Okay, So who'd you meet?
Speaker 8: I met a lovely young lady named Becca.
Speaker 6: Did you get a weird feeling when he said lovely young lady too?
Speaker 1: Yes, way to describe someone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, let's try it again. You met a really hot girl named Becca.
Speaker 8: I met a really hot girl named Okay.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Yeah, how did you guys connect?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 8: I actually asked her if she was just here for the food, and she said it depends on the guy. So we just started flirting back and forth.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you know what.
Speaker 5: And that's such an honest answer. It's like, yeah, I kind of am.
Speaker 14: But if a cute guy that hits it off, yeah, then of course I'm in do it.
Speaker 1: How long do you guys spend together? Like, do you do the whole meal together?
Speaker 4: The mill?
Speaker 8: The meal was they had something to eat before we got there. You have the option to eat if you want, but you know, you don't want to eat in front of somebody if they're not eating. Okay, I just had a couple of drinks. One of my friends got an appetizer. You know, we were just basically talking.
Speaker 5: It's just something the guys to eat first.
Speaker 1: So how long did you spend with Becca.
Speaker 8: You speed anything goes for about another forty five minutes, but she had someplace else to be, so she ended up leaving maybe about like a half an hour, and so it was still like fifteen minutes left. My guys weren't leaving, and I didn't get a chance to ask her for a content information, so I asked one of her friends, and her friend was nice enough to give me her content information. So I ended up texting her later that evening.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, did you guys go out again?
Speaker 1: Or is that what we're calling on this experience on text?
Speaker 8: We agreed to like meet up again, like to we kind of like lesson at that. And here's where I think I kind of went maybe went wrong, Maybe it came in a little too strong. Was that I texted her like between fourteen and seventeen times?
Speaker 6: Oh man, only seventeen times?
Speaker 8: Okay, okay. They weren't all about the date. Some of them were just like a couple of funny memes. You know.
Speaker 11: Was there a response from her in between all these seventeen texts or was it just your bubbles?
Speaker 8: I still haven't heard from her.
Speaker 14: Oh no, one thing that there was like one or two responses, what we can do?
Speaker 6: Are you sure it's the right number because you said that the friend gave it to you.
Speaker 8: Yet it's the right number because we texted back and forth and once we agreed to meet up, that's.
Speaker 5: When she stopped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was hopeful.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, maybe she's working some extra eye jobs, trying to save up enough money to pay for his next meal. That way, it's even doubt because he already paid for hers.
Speaker 1: They said he just had drinks and maybe an appetizer.
Speaker 6: Well, how much did you spend on her meal?
Speaker 8: That though? Andre between me and my friends, we only adn't spending five seventy.
Speaker 1: Five dollars each or you three ways?
Speaker 4: Totally?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, person, that's that's a lot.
Speaker 6: That's a lot, a lot.
Speaker 2: It's why would a group of girls hold back if you're not And it's not like fancy restaurants are the ones hosting these type of things?
Speaker 6: No, And that's two hundred and seventy five dollars worth of food in a half hour. That's like power eating. I like that for it, So yeah, I like that Alexis does not feel bad for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he in knowing exactly what he was going to get Why would there be any pity there just because.
Speaker 6: He's a listener to our show and we're supposed to act like we're on their side. Yeah, well I am.
Speaker 1: But he doesn't seem upset about the bill, Jeff, No, No.
Speaker 8: I'm not upset at all. I mean, when you think about it, you get right to the point because you're actually making a physical, in person connection, you know. Yeah, spending the money, no, I think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a good rabbi is like seventy dollars in a steak.
Speaker 2: Okay, we could still stop going down the menu, you know howbody else there's some huggy girls.
Speaker 8: I like that, all right, person, there were a lot of high end There were a couple of high end cocktails on there, all.
Speaker 6: Right, Okay, Well, not the money all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's happy to have met her.
Speaker 6: Good, all right. Well, hopefully we can get her on the phone one more time and convince her to meet up with you again.
Speaker 1: You sound lovely, Thank you.
Speaker 6: It's not creepy when Brooks says lovely to someone else, though only when he says it. We're not going to use that word at all when we call her. Come back and try and get your second date update right after this. All right, okay, second date update. You know what's funny about the number seventeen is that it's actually my lucky number. I was born on the seventeenth.
Speaker 5: You have a Brooks favorite number is also seventeen.
Speaker 6: She only changed it to that because she found out it was seventeen is also the number of muscles that are in the human tongue. I know, do you want to demonstrate.
Speaker 5: I hate that there was.
Speaker 6: An eighteenth one? And curiously, seventeen is also the number of times that our listener Andre has texted a woman named Becca with no response from her after they met at a tender speed dating event.
Speaker 1: It is really looking more unlucky and unlucky as it does.
Speaker 6: Everybody is saying seventeen texts without an answer is a bad sign. But here's the thing. I've gone hundreds of texts and emails without answering people, even higher ups at our own company who are asking me to fill up my time cards so I could quote get paid. Not falling for that one.
Speaker 1: Management, you haven't gotten a paycheck in three years.
Speaker 6: I mean, I signed a contract. What else do I have to do?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you're supposed to check your bank account.
Speaker 6: I'm literally on the air. What more do they want me to do? You got to fill out a time sheet?
Speaker 5: Tale, I'm at work.
Speaker 6: But we're going to see what Becca's reason is if she answers the phone for why she's not texting you back? Okay, Andre, Yes.
Speaker 8: And I really need you guys to go to bat for me on this.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, answer, I mean, what do you think is key to success here?
Speaker 1: Do you have any ideas for us?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: What does she like about you?
Speaker 14: Do you know?
Speaker 8: I'm not sure. I'm just hoping at some point that maybe she lost service and they didn't see all of them.
Speaker 1: All right, Well that's ex.
Speaker 3: I think that's a pretty good indicator.
Speaker 6: All right, But lucky number seventeen is the one thing that I'm going to stick on to today. So here we go.
Speaker 5: Ready, I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Really emphasize her unanswered texts.
Speaker 6: I would go with not actually yeah, okay, so we're starting with officially nothing as we dial her numbers. Best of luck to everybody.
Speaker 8: Here we go.
Speaker 6: Hell, hell, hey, we're looking for Becca.
Speaker 18: Uh no, no, no, Becca here? Who is it?
Speaker 1: Do we have the wrong number?
Speaker 8: Sorry?
Speaker 5: Sorry about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're a radio show. Called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. You're not Becca?
Speaker 2: No, Oh my god, that's why the text have you been getting so many weird texts from?
Speaker 6: I don't understand. We got a phone number here from a guy named Andre who says he met Becca the other night at a speed dating event. He got this number from her friend, and he's been texting back and forth at this number.
Speaker 1: Oh, I guess he did say Becca did text? Or yeah?
Speaker 18: I am so sorry.
Speaker 6: Do you are Rebecca and you're pretending not to be?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 4: No, I.
Speaker 21: I am, Kayla, I'm I'm Becca's friend. I'm the one who gave Andre the number.
Speaker 6: Gave him your number by accident?
Speaker 18: What I mean, I wouldn't say accident, like, so you liked Andre.
Speaker 21: I thought he was really cute, and so I gave him my number.
Speaker 5: That's messed up.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Wait, why didn't you tell him that it was you instead of Beck. Why wouldn't you just say to him, well, I'm not going to give you my friend's number, but I'll give you mine.
Speaker 20: Oh well, I was at first.
Speaker 21: I was just like upset that he wasn't asking for my number, that he asked for her number.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 18: Oh my god.
Speaker 21: It sounds so stupid now thinking back, But that's like why I haven't been texting him because I was I just felt so guilty because like we'd made plans and I know that it went too far.
Speaker 11: Only got this dude, this so makes sense, like when he was telling us about this dating event where it's like you bring in some of your friends and then you meet some other girlfriends, like this has got to happen all the time, where like maybe not the right people liking each other one on one.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure I understand what your plan was.
Speaker 1: I don't think she understood. That's why she's not tech.
Speaker 6: You gave him your phone number and said it was Becca's number in hopes that they could they fall in love over text.
Speaker 21: I didn't really have the best of plan, I'll be honest, but it's not Maybe if they made a plan and then he hadn't heard from her a while and then you know, reached back out and then I showed up and was like, oh my god, you know the siony like Becca was had a flink and I was I didn't want you to be so you just got up.
Speaker 1: That's a very elaborate plan. You well thought out plan, and I.
Speaker 20: Thought like, maybe if we were alone, just one on one and was talking, that he would see just like how wonderful it was.
Speaker 2: So she was gonna have Becca ghost him so that she could swoop in and come to the rescue.
Speaker 6: Trick him into liking ah, and then be like, I'm better.
Speaker 5: You should just take it on my number. It's the same number.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I didn't think about when I finally gave him my number and it being the same number, how that would go.
Speaker 2: Yeactly, does your friend Becca know you're doing this?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, oh god, god question.
Speaker 21: I mean, Becca's talking to a lot of guys right now, and so he would just be like one of many for me.
Speaker 7: You just be worn.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh my god, your voice has been so high this entire time.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, that's definitely an awkward move. You you're been kind of trying to trick him into liking you.
Speaker 20: I mean, I wouldn't say trick.
Speaker 1: Trigg him into hanging out with her.
Speaker 6: We've kind of tricked you, but not really because we need to tell you that. Well you didn't know this, but Andre is on the other line right now listening to this conversation. Oh yeah, oh, okay, okay, Yeah, and Andre, there.
Speaker 8: I'm a little I'm here, Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: H Do you remember Kayla?
Speaker 7: Andre?
Speaker 1: Do you remember meeting Kayla?
Speaker 17: Please?
Speaker 8: God, even if you don't, I remember. We really didn't really didn't talk much, but we did talk. I'm sorry, I'm just a little I'm sorry. I'm a little chapped at the moment.
Speaker 6: Okay, both flustered right now, there's a lot of information that's all coming out at once. But now, Andrea, you know that Becca's friend Kayla was kind of into you that night. How does that make you feel?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't know like how I feel like right now, it's just a little overwhelming. Like it's not so you never gave her my numbers?
Speaker 21: No, I mean, like I said, she's talking to like multiple guys, like we were really there more for me that night, Like she she was kind of coming as like support.
Speaker 14: Even if you did get Becca's number, bro, she probably would have just pushed towards Kayla's direction anyway as a good friend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a good point, Jose Or do you like the challenge of beating out all those other guys who are into Becca?
Speaker 7: No, don't do that.
Speaker 1: I'm going on go out with Kayla.
Speaker 11: I mean they're like the same energy. He's a guy who will text seventeen times with no response. She's a woman who will pretend to be someone else, and they can get.
Speaker 1: It to feel bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like they like totally dysfunctional, but for some reason it works. Andre, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 8: I mean that sounds I don't know, that sounds really good for like a movie.
Speaker 20: I don't know, but what if life could be a movie?
Speaker 7: Andre?
Speaker 6: Wow, that's what they say sometimes, like the most obvious, amazing thing is right in front of you and you didn't see it, giving you a fake phone number and not texting you back after seventeen messages.
Speaker 1: I love that quote, Jeff. I love when people say that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is so beautiful and so normally we would. I mean, this is a little bit of a different situation in light of the new information. I think first we need to ask Andre, because when you called us, you wanted to go out with Becca, but instead, maybe would it be cool if we sent you out with Becca's friend Kayla?
Speaker 1: Kyla tell you why? Come on, Kaylea, I mean, well.
Speaker 6: Hold on, I'm asking. First, we got to ask Andre if he's cool with that.
Speaker 8: It's weird.
Speaker 20: It's weird, more weird than contacting the radio station to contact.
Speaker 4: That's the whole thing.
Speaker 8: It's weird all around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what's bad about it? Like, honestly, like, what could you lose trying one date with Kayla?
Speaker 6: I mean she doesn't seem like crazy or anything like that.
Speaker 1: No, no, he said seventeen texts.
Speaker 8: That's maybe a little over enthusias I wouldn't call that crazy maybe.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, she's just overly enthusiastic to get to know you. We're running low on time here, Andre, what do you think one date with Kyla? Give it a shot?
Speaker 8: I mean somebody went through this. Can I say no?
Speaker 17: I guess yeah, yeah, I say no, there you go, Okay, I love it?
Speaker 6: She needed all right, Well, congratulations you two are going to meet up for your first official date.
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you may want to send beck a thank you text?
Speaker 5: You know, probably goes.
Speaker 8: I think I think we've done enough texting.
Speaker 6: I think we'll only in person chat from now on.
Speaker 7: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Is anybody else thinking it's kind of strange that this girl basically can't fish to guy lied and planned to trick him, and we're all encouraging this type of behavior.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, I'm asking. I guess she went the extra mile for sure. I mean she felt bad about it, so I think that was her saving grace. It's not like she came on being like a trictim.
Speaker 14: They shall budge the TV show Catfish to going the extra mile because that's a better way to play.
Speaker 4: That really is.
Speaker 1: But I got it, like I feel for her.
Speaker 2: I think because I also have hot girlfriends that people always wanted their number and never wanted mine.
Speaker 1: So maybe you gotta do what you gotta do. Maybe it's sympathy, Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Just I want to try to be responsible when we do these and encourage our listeners to maybe not pretend to be other people to trip them into loving you forget it, lie, cheat, steals or as you get what you want and he cares, right, Jazz, I willing to break laws and screw people over to get you on a date. Don't believe us.
Speaker 9: Email the show.
Speaker 6: We'll do whatever it takes to get that person on a date with you.
Speaker 7: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: You've got a return player to win Brooks Bucks today. His name is Stephan. He's won three and one all time against you. And Stephan had an enjoyable holiday, lots of gifts for his family. Kids got everything that they wanted, but unfortunately it did take a financial toll on his wallet.
Speaker 1: I hear that, Stefan.
Speaker 6: In fact, today is the last day that his mortgage is due before they foreclose on his home, and he's only one hundred dollars short making that payment.
Speaker 1: The bank isn't gonna like just you know, like let you wait for the hundred bucks.
Speaker 14: This is the last day.
Speaker 6: So, Brooke, do you think maybe you could take a dive and selflessly save Stephan and his family? Or do you want to tell him that he's about to lose his house?
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm to go with foreclosure. Oh but I feel bad about it.
Speaker 6: I don't care.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't hear that.
Speaker 1: You don't hear the pity in my voice.
Speaker 17: I'll work on it.
Speaker 1: I'll go out in the hallway and I'll work on my yeah, empathy voice.
Speaker 6: Maybe me start to cry a little bit. That'll help.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'll be a gentleman. Brook.
Speaker 17: You can go first.
Speaker 1: You just sit and listen.
Speaker 6: I see he's smart, is He's doing anything it takes to win today. But unfortunately Brook has to leave the studio for Stephans, so she's headed out and while she leaves, you know how the game works. Thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass, But you do have to beat Brooke outright to win. All right, here we go. Your time starts now.
Speaker 8: On this day.
Speaker 6: In eighteen sixty three, the world's first underground passenger railway opened in what city? New York or London?
Speaker 8: London?
Speaker 6: Horseradish, mustard and bright green food coloring make up what condiment horse. The Guardians are an MLB team from what city? What is the number xi translated from Roman numerals eleven? The US Postal Services logo features the head of what bird? Oh right solid showing today Stephan, good job, Brook's gonna come back into the studio. What else do you got on the books for this year, Steven?
Speaker 8: Just a lot of work and to make up some of the finances. The best second day.
Speaker 5: Don't you feel like you work all year for Christmas? Then all the money goes away and then you gonna start all over again.
Speaker 1: But your kids can play video games.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 8: Yeah, on Saturday?
Speaker 5: Are they giggle?
Speaker 4: Gang members.
Speaker 1: Time?
Speaker 6: My goshunter, Stephan, look at that you calling in has made Jose's day, It really has.
Speaker 5: And we got a plug for the string.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 6: All right, Brook, it's your train. Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Ready?
Speaker 6: Your time starts now. On this day in eighteen sixty three, the world's first underground passenger railway opened in what city, New York or London?
Speaker 1: London.
Speaker 6: Horse, Radish, mustard and bright green food coloring make up what condiment?
Speaker 14: What sob?
Speaker 6: The Guardians are an MLB team from what city?
Speaker 1: Minnesota?
Speaker 6: What is the number x I translated from Roman numerals eleven? The US Postal Services logo feature is the head of what bird?
Speaker 1: Eagle?
Speaker 6: A nettie pot is commonly used on one part of the body.
Speaker 4: You knows.
Speaker 6: It was a good question. I think it was a lot of good questions, a lot of good answers. Today we're going to go to the scoreboard to see how you both did with Jose.
Speaker 5: I gotta say it took me a long time to get used to the hanging bits.
Speaker 1: I would imagine.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird to have them there. I don't get it and that's.
Speaker 5: Why they're small.
Speaker 14: All right, you got three correct today, stop lapping, thank you and Brook Yah also stop lapping.
Speaker 6: You got five? Well, Stephan. If your family needs a place to live, oh, I'm sure Brook can put you down in her basement.
Speaker 11: My husband works down there as long as you guys don't sharing space with him.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 6: Now, let's go for the answers for everybody.
Speaker 8: On this day.
Speaker 6: In eighteen sixty three, the first undergrad on passenger railway opened in London. New York didn't do it till nineteen oh four. Horse Radish mustard and bright Green food coloring makeup with Sabi.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 6: The Guardians are the Major League Baseball team from Cleveland.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I couldn't think there's somewhere in the Midwest.
Speaker 4: It was like DC.
Speaker 6: The Roman numeral XI translates to the number eleven. X's ten I is one. US Postal Services logo features the head of the bald eagles. We except an eagle there, and an nettie pot is commonly used on your nose the society. It seems like such like an ancient remedy.
Speaker 1: Have you tried it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: I used like Afron and normal stuff that everybody does. Okay, Well, unfortunately Stephan wasn't quite enough to beat Brooke today. But just for playing, you do win tickets to Emerald City Comic Con. From meeting your favorite celebrity guests and comic creators to making the best memories with family and friends, Emerald City Comic Con is the place to be February twenty ninth through March third at the Seattle Convention Center. Jose is probably gonna be there too, so tickets go on sale now at Emeraldcitycomic Con dot com.
Speaker 5: Nice and being better than the hundred bucks and we.
Speaker 1: Get to hang out seven. You got a good attitude.
Speaker 4: We like that.
Speaker 17: Oh thanks, thanks, Hunter, I said hi, and I'll see you.
Speaker 5: All on Saturday.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Try to get your kid to come on and play next time we're talking. How old is he?
Speaker 18: You don't want to be embarrassed by a seven year old?
Speaker 6: All right, thanks for playing, Stefan. We'll be back and we're gonna do Windbrooks back same time tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning