Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all bat all at all, So.
Speaker 4: Don't given them.
Speaker 5: The bus buss.
Speaker 4: Steve, Yeah, listening to.
Speaker 6: Show, I don't Joy? Yeah, Joy, you know you.
Speaker 2: Love you.
Speaker 6: Gotta turn to turn the mouth turn you probably got to turn the mouth turn out, turn a w the motic Jack wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Come come on you, Uh huh, I sure will. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the voice, come on dig me now, one and only Steve Harvey got a radio show. Well, nothing changes about that. Nothing changes about that, man. I was just getting ready to come on the air this morning. I was just thinking, man, I was just having a reflective moment of just how really good God has been to me.
Speaker 2: I just it's it's it's man.
Speaker 7: Let me just say that again, how really good God has been to me. And here's a cold part. In spite of myself, you understand, in spite of all my shortcomings, in spite of all of my flaws and and and and and in spite of all of what anybody has said about me, God, through his grace and mercy, just keeps me anyway. So many of us are exceptional people, but we refuse to just go ahead and be exceptional. We settle for the ordinary, We follow the pack, We try to fit in. Man, oh man, oh man, You know, I've heard my wife say this to my children all the time. When she's scolding him or talking to him, she'll be talking to him about leadership. You know, why are you following everybody when God clearly made you to lead? So many of us are born, and so many of you are born to be exceptional people, but we always trying to follow the pack. Why would you try to fit in? Why would you try to be like everybody else be ordinary? Why would you follow the pack? When God is created you to be exceptional? The key word in exceptional is except you. Ever you ever dine this right here? You know, everybody did that accept me. Everybody felt that way except me. Everybody said that except me. Everybody won't wanted that accept me. Everybody went over there except me. Everybody jumped in except.
Speaker 2: Me except me. See why have you said that in your life? If you were not to be exceptional?
Speaker 7: See you got to say everybody except me at one point in yo to I don't know who ain't done it? You know, everybody wanted. Everybody voted no except me. See, so you're not You're not created to follow the pack. You ain't created to fit in. You ain't created to, uh, you know, to be ordinary. You were created to be exceptional, as exceptional as your fingerprint on your finger is. You were created to be exceptional. Why not make this the year that you go head on and be exceptional? Why won't this be the year that you decide in your mind? But just has to be a decision that we make. Now, were not following the pack no more? We not trying to fit in no more. We ain't settling for ordinary no more. We're gonna be exceptional. But you know you got to go ahead and follow that. You got to get on the exceptional path because that's what you were created for. Why be ordinary?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 7: But all of this this comes It has to start with a thought. You got to first think something. Thoughts become things. A man is as he thinketh that's all you will ever be. So what are your thoughts today? Why not have exceptional thoughts instead of ordinary thoughts? Why not have exceptional thoughts in instead of fitting in thoughts? So why you want to be like everybody?
Speaker 2: Else.
Speaker 7: Why you want to be ordinary when you could possibly be extraordinary with a change of your mind, a change of your venue, And you don't have to be any other kind of way just because my mama was this, well, my daddy was this way, or this the.
Speaker 2: School I went to?
Speaker 8: This?
Speaker 2: What race I belong to? This is my sexual preference, this is my this, this is my dad? How many? How many? How many excuses you need? I mean, I'm any excuse?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 7: What? What?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: What's it gonna be this year that we let another three hundred and.
Speaker 7: Sixty five days slip by without improving our condition, our place, our spot, our life, the quality of life we have. We cannot afford to keep letting all these years go by without changing. You're an exceptional person. How many times have you set up and said, everybody did that accept me? You know I was only everybody jumped in except me. I told him, I knew it. Everybody voted for that except me, And now look at us, man, it seemed like everybody went that way except me.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you get it?
Speaker 7: Do you understand what's being said to you that all accept me is because couldn't it be? Because you're an exceptional person, and it's time for you to take control of that. It's time for you to start thinking different. It's time for you to start acting on what you think. It's time for you to start doing something about it. It's time for you to stop taking each and every day that God gives us for granted and letting them go by the wayside. Like you got plenty more. Well, you may have plenty more, but guess what what you wasting the ones you got for? I got you young, and you feel like you're gonna live forever. Em okay, cool, But let me ask you something. See here, here, here go the part about it. I suppose you do live. See see, everybody worrying about dying. But I got news for you. Suppose you keep on living. You want to keep living in the condition you in now. You want to keep living with the money you got now. You want to keep living with the relationship you got now. You want to keep living by yourself like you are now. You want to keep wanting the right relationship, the right man to the right woman, but you keep getting the wrong one. You want to keep doing that for the rest of your life. Problem ain't dying. It's problem is if you keep on living. Who wants to keep on living just the way they are right now? And if you can say I'm cool, what I am just the way I am right now? In cool, this conversation ain't for you. Ain't got no problem with that, you know, you know what to say. Greatness ain't for everybody. Being exceptional, ain't for everybody. Becoming extraordinary ain't for everybody. Heck, becoming successful ain't for everybody.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 7: And you can come up with a way to justify your non existence and your ordinary life all you want, and that's fine and dandy. I ain't got no problem with it. Because some people just gonna be regular, Some people just gonna follow the pack, follow the crowd.
Speaker 2: Some people just wants to fit in.
Speaker 7: But if you're not that person, if you want to be extraordinary, if you want to be exceptional, if you want to be if you want a dad to be great at something, and you got to change your mindset. You got to get what your creator and find out what he created you for. You got to quit thinking of things just in your own thought process, you know, lean not to your own understanding. I don't know where that is, but it's in there. Somewhere seeing. Once you lean, if you lean to your own understanding, you know what it's gonna do. It's gonna limit you. Man, it's gonna limit you. Why not see what God got for you. I would rather know what God got for me than to think of all the things I could because I can't out think him out and tried it before.
Speaker 2: All right, it's just the beginning. We're gonna have a good one.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 7: Ladies and gentlemen. Let me have your undivided attention. And I need it for one reason, just one reason only, because I want to remind you of the incredible gift that we have all received today. For those of us that's getting off work driving home, you got a job. And for those of us that just woke up about to go to work, we got a job. The key to both them things is that both of us are alive to hear this morning show.
Speaker 2: Man. Look at God. He just keep on showing up.
Speaker 7: Because we all know somebody that ain't here, and as much as we miss them, we do not want to join it. Let's be clear about that. And there are some people that I miss dealing, you know, man, One of my main goals for going to heaven is right after I see Jesus, I'm gonna be all ears, all eyes for Illos Vie Harvey.
Speaker 2: I want to see her.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: If that was not a possibility, I personally would would be responding and reacting to everything ever said about me. But because I'm trying to make it on in, I'll be still. Let the Lord fight my battle. I'm battle tested. This is Steve Harvey, Barney show Man. We battle tested on this show. Bring it if you want to sat it. No, we ain't over here by yourself now. Steve Harvey Morty Show with Shelly Strawberry, Colin Frail, Mississippi, Monica Junior, and the legend that is Nephew Tommy. I would tell you that his government name is killed Space, but by now you should know that. But what I did not know until late last year, but it is killing one Space.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 7: KL is like a radio station. Gentlemen, Welcome to the station w k l S where we played Softs is called Morning Lord.
Speaker 1: Station.
Speaker 2: The station Junior. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: Unc I need help.
Speaker 2: I need help.
Speaker 10: Trying to share my feeling. My wife asked me to just tell me how you feel, and I ain't saying the right way. I said exactly how I feel, And now we ain't been talking and we only ten days into January.
Speaker 11: Okay, I need help on how to express myself.
Speaker 7: First of all, let me help you something. How do you really feel? It's a trap question. I always know that.
Speaker 2: I got to write that down. Yeah, see, it's a trap, Jeri. I asked you to tell you how you really feel. It's because they fit to.
Speaker 7: Tell you how they need to feel, and whatever you feeling ain't fitting the top what they feeling. Because guess what, if you do tell them exactly how you feel, then you fit to find out how they feel about how you feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't care feel.
Speaker 2: It's a trap question. I didn't know that one. I got walk do it too.
Speaker 3: Bruh.
Speaker 2: So Steve, why don't you talk? How do you really feel? Fine?
Speaker 7: I'm good, I'm telling you. You know, I'm just trying to work it all out, take care of everything I'm opposed to. But other than that, you know, I'm pretty good. It's a little stressful for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you ain't gonna get to feel what you want to feel if you teep telling him how you feel it.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, you don't Knowledgest.
Speaker 2: You might not be feeling nothing for a few days. You're gonna be taught up in your fie.
Speaker 12: All right, thanks guys, coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, will hear from the nephews he runs that prank back right after this. You're listening hard morning show. It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back.
Speaker 3: What you got for his nep You ain't no sigma? You ain't no sigma. I know that's broken English, but that's the.
Speaker 2: Way it is. Let's go, cat dog.
Speaker 8: Hello, holo, I'm trying to reach your grid police. Yeah, this is he how you doing? My name is Bernard five beta Sigma. I'm overpledged relations giving you a call today. Man, you attended for of U A and M University. Am I correct? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Am I right?
Speaker 8: You attended right and m okay, and from my understanding, you pledge five beta sigma in fall of ninety one. That's correct, all right, that's the dether data chapter correct. Yes, all right. We're having some problems here going through the records, the records, actually looking at the records that we have here, Headquarters. You're not actually an official member of five Beta Sigma.
Speaker 4: But wait, way, what you mean not a member?
Speaker 8: Looking at our records here at national Headquarters, it's indicating that you're not an official member of five Beta Sigma. I don't know what could have gone wrong?
Speaker 4: Now, that ain't right, man, That ain't right, because see, death data is recognized nationally, So why wouldn't I be nationally recognized.
Speaker 8: I'm not certain, sir. Maybe it's something that took place on that that actual line of Fall ninety one. We're actually going to have to do some research on everything that's going on with your line as well as the chapter. So how is that possible?
Speaker 4: If they gave me a certificate in the plaque and I got my pin and I mean, I'm a say, what do you mean?
Speaker 8: Okay, sir, I don't know what I'm looking at here, and please understand. I want to try to clear this matter up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we need to do this matter. Who else? Is there somebody there like an overseer, maybe the head president or your branch or something that I can talk to something? Well, I'm actually I am actually over pledged relations huh. And I wanted to give you a call personally so we can try to rectify the matter.
Speaker 8: And it's going to take us some time to hire this thing out. But what I need you to do as this point, Yeah, And you know what the problem is that I'm noticing is that all of the people that were on your line they are official. For some reason, mister Gregg isn't official, So.
Speaker 4: I want to I don't understand that because I was the line president. So how is everybody else I'm able to be a sigma and not me when I did all the paperwork that it takes to to for the process to be right. I don't understand it, sir.
Speaker 8: You know what, brother? Uh, I can't call you brother for the fact that you're right now.
Speaker 4: You robing me brother because I'm a Sigma.
Speaker 8: So here's what we're gonna have to do. Greg, We're gonna have to get you to first of all, if you're dealing with anybody alumni wise, we're asking that you don't go to any meetings right now. We're also asking that you don't wear any five beta Sigma parrel fan Elia perful at this point. We want to make sure and get clarity that you are definitely a brother.
Speaker 2: Mamen.
Speaker 4: Man, I am definitely a brother. Do you know what I had to go through to get where I am today? To be a signal all the dude, Yeah, y'all took y'all dudes. What happened today? If you're taking my dudes, you should be able to tell me.
Speaker 8: Yo.
Speaker 4: Man, we got this going on. Certain things are going on with your line.
Speaker 8: We need to we need to check you.
Speaker 4: You took our money, that's there.
Speaker 8: I'm seeing checks that I've gone through for other people that are on that line.
Speaker 4: I don't send him.
Speaker 8: And to this day, I'm like a lifetime member. So what the hell are you talking about? I have no records indicating that you're a lifetime member. That's what I'm saying, sir. We got guessing that dog. Somebody need to tell me something today. We're gonna try to get to the end of this by the end of the week.
Speaker 4: It's gonna take no no, no, but no, but no, you're not understanding what I'm saying, man, because I'm a Sigma to the heart.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm talking about. Y'all playing with my heart right now? Man, Ain't nobody gonna do that and get away with I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 8: You know, here's what we can do. We can bring you back in and do another pleasuring process.
Speaker 4: Pledged. Did you understand what you just said to me?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Man, that ain't have me. Dog, I'm been through this already.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm not pledging. I'm not signing my name on nothing else because I have pledged. I'm not doing it no more. Y'all need to get somebody on the phone that can answer my question. I want to know what's going.
Speaker 2: On, okay right now?
Speaker 8: And I understand you know, the disbelief of what's going on.
Speaker 4: I really do you obviously don't you a brother?
Speaker 8: Brother?
Speaker 4: We're gonna try to what year did you go across? Did you walk the fans? I mean, tell me what's going on?
Speaker 8: Brother? I'm fall eighty nine, brother. And now what we're gonna have to do right now is, first of all, no paraphernalia.
Speaker 4: No pa, you're going to tell me that I can't what's nearest and dearest to my heart, next to my wife and my child. You're telling me that I can't go around and proclaim what I am. That's like telling me I can't be black. What the hell that you're saying?
Speaker 8: And another thing we're going have to get you to do. I understand you have a brand, a Sigma brand that's gonna have to come off until we get the tacond care of what.
Speaker 4: Wait man, you talk about a medical procedure.
Speaker 5: What are you saying?
Speaker 8: So we cannot allow you to wear a brand representing five better Sigma when right now you are not.
Speaker 4: You can't playing a lot that that brand to me was allowed to put the brand on me. Now I can't be allowed to wear something I've been wearing for almost fifteen years of you crazy. Come on, man, that's some crazy.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: We gotta get you to take this round me until all of the well brand? What the hell of yut man? This is some look here, brother, but what banard is that? What your name is? You need to get somebody on this pum minute.
Speaker 5: That's all right.
Speaker 4: I know the president myself. How about that?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 4: I would just call in and I figured out myself. So right now we need you to take the brand off off, not even come out. You'll come take the brand off of me. And you wanted that bad come get it. That's what you do. You are not a member of five Beta six home y don't give up shoe talking about dog I am a member. If you want something over here Highlands, your boy, that's what you do, you bad, Come do it, sir.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you for the final time, do not wear any paraphernalia.
Speaker 4: Keith Ki don't want to hear that talking about no final. Let me tell you what's final. I am a five beta sigma to the hard damn sir.
Speaker 8: All I'm telling you is no more shirt and cover that brand up until we here.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm gonna wear everything. I got a hat. I'm gonna have a matter of fact, I'm gonna wear it. Heay, just to get on yo, Neriss, You're gonna have to teach breyd coming up until we figured out. If you want say no, I ain't coming up. You come get it. I'm killing then you better get away from me. What I'm talking about. None for that brand up, and don't you pint no shirts no more. Let me tell you something I ain't coming, Come get it if you want it. I got one man, head man, this is blue fire. You don't want none. You don't want none got this is something, man. I don't know what one more thing I need to say to you. Are you willing to say what you got to say. You ain't getting this.
Speaker 8: This his nephew tire me from the Steve Hobby Morning Show.
Speaker 4: You just got pranked by your boy, boy, y'all had me ready to kill by my man. Y'all boy.
Speaker 8: Let up one more thing, man, What is the baddest radio show in the land?
Speaker 4: Greg?
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 4: The Steve Harvey Morning Show?
Speaker 12: And coming up next it is ask the clo with our chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show coming up at the top of the hour.
Speaker 12: In entertainment news, Usher has given up sugar and alcohol. He's preparing for the Big Game halftime show in which he will be the star. Fifty cents given up something too. Fifty cent is given up sex? Okay for.
Speaker 1: Just in life, Just in life, in life. Right back, we'll talk about it at the top. And if you love Prince and you love a good musical, Purple.
Speaker 12: Rain, the musical is headed to Broadway, and that is all coming up at the top of the hour. But right now it is time to ask the clo. This one's from Shay in Southfield.
Speaker 2: She says.
Speaker 12: In December, my boyfriend said he needed a break after he had a major healthcare and instead of letting me be there for him, he chose space. I gave him space, and I spent the New Year's Eve with an X. Does he have the right to be mad at me?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: He needed space? What the girl to do?
Speaker 2: He needed space? And you spent New Year's Eve with an axe? Yup?
Speaker 6: Mmmm?
Speaker 7: So I guess you took that to see once again, Junior, that's a prime example there. See he expressed himself and said he needed space. Now I guess is he went to them. It's a trap question. So if you need space, then I need more space. See that's all the trap though, don't don't even don't fall for that. Does he have a right to be mad?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he got a right to be mad because he asked for space. He didn't ask y'all to start dating other people. And I don't know what his health scare was, but you know you gave him space.
Speaker 1: M hm, yeah, all right. Hejeremy and Jeremy and Charlotte.
Speaker 12: Jeremy says, my wife and I met at work and used to have sex in her car when we first met. She wants to be a socialite really bad now and the sweet things that I've always done for her aren't good enough? Now?
Speaker 1: Would I be wrong to give her a reality check?
Speaker 7: Well, bro, I don't understand what you're saying, because the sweet things you used to do for her the only thing you told us y'all had sex in the car.
Speaker 2: Now she wants to be a socialite, but you still want to have sex in a car with.
Speaker 8: Ye.
Speaker 2: So so what did you saying? Brother?
Speaker 7: Y'all that though y'all drive down to the socialite ball before you go in, you knock it out of the car right quick before you go in.
Speaker 2: She don't want to do that. I don't really know what you're saying, bro, because I don't.
Speaker 7: You didn't give us no example of all the kind little things you've done for You made one statement, we used to have sex in the car for we got mad, Now we're mad. She want to be a social afe now she don't want to do She don't appreciate the little things I've done for her. So I'm just assuming she'd have took sex in a car off the table? No oh, now she boogie?
Speaker 2: Now oh, Now you don't want to get You don't want to get rolled over in the car. No more Okay, oh you actually brand new now I be dad? All right, Well it sound right, bro, next will share.
Speaker 1: Moving on to Marlee and the d m V.
Speaker 12: Marley writes, my husband stayed out all night Saturday night and he said he was in a casino and lost track of time. I tried to go off on him, and he turned it around on me, saying I should have called and checked on him.
Speaker 1: Does he have a valid point or is this a cover up?
Speaker 7: Absolutely has a valid point. Absolutely, thank.
Speaker 2: Hold on.
Speaker 7: First of all, there are no clocks in the casino nowhere. You can lose track of time in the casino. I have done it many times.
Speaker 1: And then call call for one. Okay, yeah, you should have called and checked on me.
Speaker 7: Wasn't no miscall, You ain't no me to call. I'm gambling, I'm trying to change your circumstances.
Speaker 2: Us. I'm out here trying to crack it and you.
Speaker 7: Sitting up in here dog and me cause I'm out here trying to handle beers and stuff.
Speaker 2: I be damn.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he has a valid point. And you know what, if you're not gonna check on him, you can't expect him to call. And he was in a casino and he lost track of time. That sounds very very valid to me. Plus, you have no proof of anything else happening, are you now and your little mind and playing tricks on you? Oh, by the way, I would like to say I saw a tiny desk over the holidays with star Face.
Speaker 13: Boy.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you the craziest tiny desk I've ever seen with scar Face.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Now, I also found out that Willy D don't like him no more, and why I don't know you just Willie D don't like me either, So I like star Face even more now. I even met Willy D.
Speaker 2: I don't know who he is.
Speaker 13: You know who?
Speaker 2: Who know who?
Speaker 3: Does like Face and just had a meeting with him. Dog j Z Yes, sir, Yes, sir, faces back a legend.
Speaker 2: Face is a lord. He always been a legend to me. I always liked that tiny desk.
Speaker 12: All right, here we go the last one and see this is from Trina and Phoenix. Trina says, I met a man online eight months ago and he's.
Speaker 1: Tired of our long distance relationship.
Speaker 12: I suggested he moved to Phoenix, and he said there aren't enough black people here. That's that's a dumb excuse to me. But why hasn't he asked me to move to Atlanta?
Speaker 2: Well, you got two things working here.
Speaker 7: He is absolutely correct that he not coming out to Phoenix because the ain't enough black people out there. That's one of the major regions. I'm not gonna ever move to Phoenix. And I'm not going to a state that fights against a day off a holiday. That's racism at whole other level. I don't give a damn if they have National skin Head Day. If it's a day off from work, I'm gonna sign the paperwork for that. So he has a valid point that are not enough black people in Phoenix, and the reason you ain't coming to Atlanta is because.
Speaker 2: There's too many black people in Atlanta. Is one more y'all?
Speaker 7: He over hand because he fooled. He full of Atlanta for let me tell you sow.
Speaker 2: He online dating too, girl. I told him to come to Fingers.
Speaker 7: He tied the relationship, but now he said see but see, lady, guess what you're not listening to.
Speaker 2: What he said.
Speaker 7: He said he tired of the long this relationship. He ain't saying he wanted to close the gap. All he told you was he tired of the long just relationship. You suggested he moved to Phoenix. He say, ain't no black people like that. Now you want to know why he ain't asked you to move to Atlanta because he tied at the long.
Speaker 2: This is relationship. And guess who the relationship with?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 2: See why why y'all don't read the whole message.
Speaker 7: The reason he not asking you to come to Atlanta because he tied at the long This is relationship.
Speaker 2: That's what Will said. I'm tired of you.
Speaker 1: Just a nice way of saying it is that what it is?
Speaker 14: You know for me, and you know me, and you know we avoid You know how we really got to be the bad guy night, JUDI pay attention to me except for me, I know, all right, See.
Speaker 2: How he did it?
Speaker 7: I tied his long this relationship, you move things? Ain't enough black people? Well okay, then.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, well thank you, Zila. Coming up next entertainment news right after this you're listening morning show. Well, Usher has announced that he has.
Speaker 12: Quit all sugar and all alcohol and preparation for his halftime performance at the Big Game next month, and insider close to Usher said that Usher wants to be in the best shape to give the performance of his life to the one hundred million plus people that will.
Speaker 1: Be watching.
Speaker 7: Show out in Vegas, because it was real good. Yeap on that alcohol and sugar, Hold on nothing. I think you ought to going out there That's super Bowl with that alcohol and sugar version, because that way right there, that.
Speaker 2: Cold us. Everybody had a no, loved that Vegas show. Man. I don't know why. Get the roller skates on, get them strippers, man, come on out here, a little.
Speaker 1: Ham except for Mary Jay who kept pushing him away. Right, that was funny.
Speaker 2: All right? That the big game?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think he's gonna be able to do that.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 12: So, Usher's fourteen year old son, Navide, is serving as musical director for the show and designed the set list for the halftime show. This is going to be the second time that Usher has performed at the halftime show, but his first time headlining the show.
Speaker 2: On his own.
Speaker 1: So that's gonna be really great.
Speaker 11: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Get here all those too, come on, let's count down this alone. Let's go, asked Steven A. Smith. I'm not already called. Steven said, shut your damn mom.
Speaker 1: All right, I like Usha, Yeah, he can't say that this year.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well, speaking of giving up things this year, fifty cent says he is celibate now and has no plans to have sex in the foreseeable future. He says he has a monumental project in the works, and he's putting all of his energy and focus into that right now. He posted on ig he says, quote, my new idea is so big, I don't have time to be distracted. I'm practicing abstinence. I have been meditating and focusing on my goals. I hope this new year helps you excel to the next level.
Speaker 1: Unquote.
Speaker 12: So there you go, and I gotta ask you, Steve. Come on, guys, has sex ever been a distraction for you? Would you give up sex if it becomes a distraction.
Speaker 11: If it helps me help, it gives me more focused, I'm not he doing the wrong way for me.
Speaker 7: It's never been a distraction from nothing. My whole purpose of gold and that, Yeah.
Speaker 15: It makes me purpose, It makes me on the lear's damn the reason but the only reason why We'll be here to tell.
Speaker 2: You the truth.
Speaker 7: Why y'all think I'm out here going to work and all this stuff. Because I speak with somebody.
Speaker 2: That's why it helps all my monumental projects giving.
Speaker 1: What you meditating.
Speaker 2: Never seen me with a diamond ring.
Speaker 1: Ever, but your distractions.
Speaker 2: I'm out here working for that. All me and need is a refrigerator, flash.
Speaker 7: Green TV, nice chair to wash the game in in a bed. He being mad on the floor. We don't really give it that.
Speaker 2: All this furniture, landscaping and fabulous trip that's for girls. Yeah, that's all. That's folk only. I don't need none at time.
Speaker 6: Okay, you walk along.
Speaker 7: In the house and it'll be nothing in that but walls and float as long as that TV got all the channels on it.
Speaker 1: All right, well fifty things otherwise. Okay, we can't wait.
Speaker 11: Six Trust, gonna get bored by yourself.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be down to a quad after this. This ain't gonna work.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see what this project is, all right, and moving on.
Speaker 12: We all love the late great legend that is Prince, of course, and we all have seen Purple Rain, the soundtrack and the movie. Well it's going to Broadway forty years later as a musical Purple Rain. The musical centers around the kid that is young Prince and his turbulent home life just grundled band and his love interest.
Speaker 2: So congratulations Nobody the musical, no damn musical.
Speaker 1: Princi Well al.
Speaker 2: Way went out that.
Speaker 9: Ray minutes after the hour that for ever.
Speaker 12: First Lady Michelle Obama admitted she's terrified about the twenty twenty four election.
Speaker 2: Speed it up a little bit. Doark give me? Give me that that that that that be bo give it? They might speed it up a little bit. Man, Okay, don't think.
Speaker 1: They're gonna do the melody. Yeah, he's acting like, yeah, they're.
Speaker 5: Not going to like that.
Speaker 7: And some little skinny ass white person saying just wrecking this man's career going down the Broadway to watch this. The only thing that made Hamilton hugely successful is because they took that dry ass thing about the constitutional slavery and turn it into some hip hop news.
Speaker 2: That's what wrapped Hamilton cold risk.
Speaker 7: It was good what they gonna do except wrecked going down let me tell you all right, now black people go down there and you will high at this part.
Speaker 12: Well, okay, well, what about the Morris day in the time that part of purple rank, Oh, that's nice.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be nice too.
Speaker 13: What about it?
Speaker 2: Let's go crazy that right, they're gonna be on. Fine, let's go crazy crazy for you. Come on, let's go crazy.
Speaker 8: Like that.
Speaker 2: Tonight. We're gonna party like it's nineteen ninety.
Speaker 7: Oh, that's right, because they love songs like that. They love that and celebration cool in the game. They like anything we do to sound like a cry. We're gonna party like it's nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 13: Let me hear when dove crap, when doves crawl, this is what it sounds like.
Speaker 2: When dub scrub.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 12: Morning show, we're still laughing you. We were talking earlier about the Prince musical Purple Music.
Speaker 7: Nobody going down now, nobody going to Broadway. Watched them rick Prince's whole image and career wrong.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you love Prince and.
Speaker 7: You gonna hate what they do to him on Broadway, they're not gonna play them songs the way they are to Purple Rain, Purple an who you know, gonna play the good time and all that stuff they talking about doing his childhood. Don't nobody want to hear nothing about when Prince was a boy getting whippings.
Speaker 1: No, yes, the movie, but.
Speaker 7: Damn songs and don't put them on Broadway, because I'm telling you right now, if you can't ask the.
Speaker 2: Little little club.
Speaker 16: Red corvette, I'm just having fun, you know, a little cold ras, very beat.
Speaker 2: I'm just wanting mind in spin. This is what it sounds like. Winder scry.
Speaker 1: Hello, this is low.
Speaker 2: Windows cry out. I was your girl friends.
Speaker 6: Would you let me dress you?
Speaker 1: We got your clothes before we go out.
Speaker 8: The door.
Speaker 1: Don't door.
Speaker 13: You the end of.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna do it.
Speaker 7: For you, Okay, nobody going down there to watch them ruin press Oh Broadway.
Speaker 1: Type of righting the Broadway.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 7: Everything you're gonna go down there and regret it. I'm trying to tell you stay away from it.
Speaker 12: Black people something you don't think they'll get purple rain right though?
Speaker 1: How can you mess up purple right there? That's the title. Seriously, I never met Jordan.
Speaker 7: People gonna be white. They're gonna have a white choir singing purple ray because they're gonna be pronounced every single syllable.
Speaker 17: The only thing I'm going to do in this perp rain, per full raid, per horain.
Speaker 1: Taking no feeling in it, ain't no soul. I see, we're gonna have to go just to prove we're all of.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 2: Gotta have that good coming.
Speaker 12: Up in thirty four minutes after the hour, our forever First Lady Michelle Obama admits that she's terrified about the twenty twenty four election.
Speaker 1: We'll get into it right after this You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 12: In a podcast interview on Monday, former First Lady Michelle Obama says she is quote terrified about the outcome of the twenty twenty four election. Take a listen, what's gonna happen in this next election?
Speaker 18: I am terrified about what could possibly happen because our leaders matter.
Speaker 1: Who we select, who speaks for us, who.
Speaker 18: Holds that bullied pulpit, acts us in ways that sometimes I think people take for granted.
Speaker 7: Well, she's correct, I mean, you know we're this this year right here, because you know the scary part is what I'm hearing from us, because see, we are the determining factor in this election as we were the last time. And it's dangerous when we are talking about we don't like Biden and he's not in commona this and comma that. Man, y'all got to slow down because listen to me. Your option, Your option is what the Republican Party is gonna ram down your throat. And if you let this happen again, they gonna ram it down your throat. Man with gasoline on the rag this time, y'all, and they're gonna set it on firewhile it's in your mouth, because we will allow it to happen. Because we're very, very opinionated, and we've got to be careful with the delusion, mitt with the delusions that we've created with Kamala and Biden. Listen to me, we are still in a Senate Congress, Rean country, and no matter how well intended they are.
Speaker 2: The opposition has every right to be exactly that and opposition.
Speaker 7: And they made it very, very difficult for them to get across the agenda that they set out for. And y'all notice how it works. Y'all, notice how it works. So quit talking about they ain't.
Speaker 2: This, and they ain't that. I got Biden look old, but Trump looked dangerous.
Speaker 1: He's old.
Speaker 7: And the sickness of this country, the hypo, the hypocrisy of this country that you stand on all these values in the Republican Party and all this stuff out the Bible, and it ain't nothing biblical about the Republican Party. There are some great Christians in the Republican Party, don't get me wrong. But the people they got representing the public Republican Party, what a Christianity that in that y'all want to throw that up in somebody's face.
Speaker 2: So bad?
Speaker 12: Donald Trump man, well, okay, And also in the interview see missus Obamas suggested that there is a double standard when it comes to Republican presidential candidate Trump's legal woes and how things would go differently if he were a black man.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yes, you already know.
Speaker 7: The only reason he getting away from this is getting away with this because he a white boy.
Speaker 2: Y'all know that.
Speaker 7: Quit playing with us, no black ass, dude, And to get all these criminal charges and dn be allowed to even talk about his ass running, he'd be locked if you don't sit your criminal black ass down somewhere.
Speaker 2: But y'all don't let this white boy get away with it.
Speaker 7: But you know why they gonna let him get away with it, because they cool with it because Trump represents everything they want to be anyway. Billionaire playboy jet with his name on the side of it, golf courses, buildings with his name on it, Playboy bunnies, prostitutes, pawn stars.
Speaker 2: You cool with that, that's why you vote for that. You cool with that. Quit talking about what he stand for and represent because he show you what he's standing for. He don't pay no taxes. He the false five document. They gotta prove all this.
Speaker 7: And he lied, and y'all want him to be president. Okay, okay, it's gonna be ugly. Man and black people. We can determine this election if we quit tricking. But we love negativity or our culture. That's the thing about our culture. We love negativity. We've got to be careful, y'all. Anybody that tries to do you listen to me. Anybody who tries destroyed our very own culture, you have to be leary of them. And that's politicians, sports, figures, entertain us, whatever. If someone is trying to destroy our culture, who are they really working for? Think about that.
Speaker 1: If that were Obama, come on, really.
Speaker 2: Y'all need to come y'all know, good heir will, this wouldn't be allowed.
Speaker 1: And he tried the government. Yes, no, I don't know. All right, we're gonna move on.
Speaker 12: Coming up next, it is the nephew with today's prank phone call right after this you're listening morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is the motion of the ocean.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that find out what that's all about. Not quite what you might think.
Speaker 12: Uh, and just a few because right now it is time for the nephew and today's prank phone call.
Speaker 1: Net what you got for us.
Speaker 2: Let's see how stupid we gonna be today. Let me see what we're gonna do. We go, Yeah, We're gonna make a call from the penitentiary. That's what we're doing. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean sometimes you got a call from places that you know, people don't normally get calls from.
Speaker 2: That's right, Here's good. That's right, here's good. That's right here.
Speaker 3: Lronda is my girl. Loronda is my girl. We call him from the penitential area. All right, cat dog, If you would Larnda eel my girl.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 19: This call will be recorded and monitored. I have a collect call from Rody and inmates. If you would like to accept this and future collect calls, please press for hello.
Speaker 2: Hello. Yeah, yeah, Hello.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to just riding Ronny. I'm trying to reach Larnda. Yeah, Larndo, do I have around number?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: You you got the right number? Man? That's my wife?
Speaker 17: Who is it?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, hold up now righty right here. I'm calling for Lorondo. Who you know? That was my girl before I got locked up.
Speaker 5: I'm say pumpky race. Hold on, hold on, man. We've been married for about two years.
Speaker 4: Man, don't I.
Speaker 5: Don't know what you're talking about. Man, you might have the wrong number.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold up then wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait wait wait wait wait, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: I know the Lornda. I ain't man, I know them? What say?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 2: Hold up?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 2: Wait a minute? Larun is married?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Man, Just in case you didn't hear me, Larnda's married. We got a sixteen month old child. Man, all right, and we've been man for two years. I don't know who you calling.
Speaker 3: I'm calling for Lorondo. I'm fin to get up out this. In six weeks, I've been all I've been. I've been writing letters and all kinds of stuff. Send them to our mama house. We're trying to tell me, you trying.
Speaker 4: You've been sending what to her mama house.
Speaker 2: I've been seeing it. Letters. I've been seeing letter since the day I got locked down.
Speaker 4: I mean when you've been sing How long has been since you've been sending letters?
Speaker 13: Man, I've been.
Speaker 3: Locked down for five years? Five yell, and I've been sending the letter. I don't miss one week. What I sending something to La Rock?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: What's ther mama name?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 2: Ain't her mama name missed?
Speaker 5: Hold on, man, you've been sending letters to my girl's mama for five years?
Speaker 2: Five year.
Speaker 3: I'm finsed to get out in six weeks. I've been locked down right in five years?
Speaker 5: No, man, she ain't got no letters from you. Man, you she ain't got no letters. We've been together for two years. Man, I'm sorry to break your home.
Speaker 3: Hold up, Hold up, hold up, let me ask you this here, man, Hold up, because you'd have got me all we just right here now.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this right here? How I know her mama name? How I know all this here?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 3: What what I'm trying to explain to you? I got the right person. I just I'm just blown away by you trying to tell me y'all married now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, were married now? Happily married?
Speaker 5: Hey man, hey, you need to take her back to that seal man for real.
Speaker 2: Hold up, come first about what your wife fists do.
Speaker 3: Just come at me wrong now that what ain't fits to have Now Now, I got a whole lot on my mind and a whole lot of stress.
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna tell you this right here, just to let you know how this fist to go find go.
Speaker 3: I'm fishing to be up out here six week and when I do get out, I am coming to see Larn know that.
Speaker 2: I'm fist to come out there.
Speaker 4: And brother, Man, look, hey, you up here calling me with this ignorant stuff. Man, that's what probably got your tail in jail. Anyway, Hey man, listen, you come up here, you gonna wind up getting both put up in the penitentiary, man, because I ain't playing about my wife.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 4: Brother, you just need to go on chill out after you get out of Brother said somewhere. Man, don't bring I ain't.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: Look, man, all I'm trying to do is I don't care what you're.
Speaker 4: Trying to do, trying to keep your That's all I'm trying to tell you to do so we don't both end up in the penitentiary. Man or Yop might be in You're gonna end up in a grave if you keep testing me.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm telling you don't ring up here.
Speaker 4: Brother, just stay there, relaxed, breathe and Jordan. You a man, all right, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: All right, man, that's it.
Speaker 2: Hey, what you ain't fish to do is try to threaten me.
Speaker 4: Fol So you up here talking about keep your man, don't bring here. Ca'm looking for no runner, because I will put.
Speaker 8: You up in your I'm coming to see my girl.
Speaker 2: That's my girl.
Speaker 4: We've been laughing to you. I'm trying to tell you you better take your somewhere. We're gonna shut this down.
Speaker 8: Thank you talking, Thank you talking to you, talking to.
Speaker 4: This in jail.
Speaker 5: Don't dumping chuck your black.
Speaker 3: Look man, I fished to come home in six weeks and I'm coming to see Lorendo, whether y'o like it or not.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to see o mama.
Speaker 6: Miss.
Speaker 2: What you ain't gonna do is get in the way of me and my girl.
Speaker 3: Somebody I've been loving and writing letters through all this damn time I've been on lockdown.
Speaker 5: Man, bring you up.
Speaker 4: I will say it slow to you, bring you up, and I swear to God I will put you in your grave. That's why I'm gonna put you, homie.
Speaker 5: Bring you better stay up in the penitentiary.
Speaker 3: I'm coming down there to see my girl. See you how mama, and get my girl back. My girl leaving with me.
Speaker 5: You know, the whole thing you're gonna be saying is the asking, because I'm putting you in there.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm telling you you bring your I swear to God. Man, you knock on over the door if you want to.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, man, go to mama house.
Speaker 4: I'm putting your down. Homie. No, I'm not playing with you.
Speaker 5: Man, all right, that's my girl. Man, that is my girl.
Speaker 4: I will up.
Speaker 2: You ain't finna do nothing to me. You ain't gonna do nothing for atleast my girl over to me. That's what you're finished to do.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna release your world in your if you come to the door, that's what I'm gonna do. I'm telling you, man, by who you can't around.
Speaker 5: Man, I'll be waiting on you in six weeks.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you that I'll be waiting on you in six weeks. Bring it to my door. You won't be going nowhere else.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that you're talking all this bad stuff on the phone.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna do a thing when I get there, But give me my girl back. That's it.
Speaker 4: You ain't talk, you ain't listen.
Speaker 2: I got one more thing I need to say to you before I go back to my self.
Speaker 4: Is your listening, I'm listening.
Speaker 3: This is Nephew Timing from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got prank by your boy deafn Hold up, doll, Lizzen. This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got prank by your boy deafn man.
Speaker 4: Y'all almost got them up. I'm telling you, everybody here to jail man.
Speaker 2: Oh man, oh man.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you I was gonna go down. I'm going down and saying, boy, who let me? I need to breathe out this go get you a drink man to give me some up me bro, I was about to calm down six weeks on this.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on here, come on, somebody, come on.
Speaker 1: I was really stupid. I was scared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a little shaking myself. I understand, Jacksonville. Here I come, baby to the comedy zone. I got Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Most of them gone. Got a few tickets left, all right, well, most of them are sold out.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: That's a blessing right there. That's that is Dayton, Ohio. Was laying in the cut at the Funny Bone twenty sixth, twenty seventh, and twenty eighth of Janyuvy, all right, of Janyeving. My grandmama say about this. Make it through jan yea and Febry eighty. I can march on through to April. Then, may good God to me love that February NYC Winery. That's New York City, baby, n y See winery. If you can make it in New York, they say you can make it anywhere. I hope that's the case for me, because in that you is coming to town. All right, all right, Nest, all.
Speaker 12: Right, thank you, thank you. Nephew coming up next. It is a strawberry letter. The subject is the motion of the ocean, all right, the motion of the ocean. I think we all have heard that saying before this mayor may not be what you think it is, though.
Speaker 2: Done that threw up on the side of the boat. I know what.
Speaker 1: We'll get into it.
Speaker 12: We will get into it again Today's Strawberry Letter, subject the Motion of the Ocean.
Speaker 1: We'll get into it right after this. You're listening morning show. It is time now for my Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 12: And if you need advice and relationships, work, sex, parenting and more, please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve BARBFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 3: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here. It is Strawberry lepers.
Speaker 12: Let's thank you, nep you, subject the Motion of the Ocean. Dear Stephen Shirley, I caught my husband on the phone with a female reminiscing about the sex they had earlier that day.
Speaker 1: I tried to control my laughter so he wouldn't hear me.
Speaker 12: I was cracking up inside because the girl was talking about how he put it down and it was the best she had in a long time.
Speaker 1: She sounded young, so I wondered how many men she'd been with. I was very relieved to hear that.
Speaker 12: They used protection. Yet I sat on the floor in the hall to hear every word of it. Yes, I sat in the hall on the floor to hear every word of it. It was a FaceTime call, but I couldn't see her face. I made it my mission to find out who the lady was. I got her number from his phone and I facetimed her from his phone when he was asleep.
Speaker 1: She was shocked to see me.
Speaker 12: I showed her how he looks asleep, lying there, fat and naked. She opened up and told me everything and apologized. I asked why she lied to him about his performance, because it's only going to make him cheat even more. She says, it's not the size for her, but it's the motion of the ocean that has her turned on. I knew that she was lying about that too, and then she really opened up and told me that my husband.
Speaker 2: Pays her for sex.
Speaker 1: What kind of marriage is this where he's not just cheating on me, he's paying for it.
Speaker 12: I can get past the cheating, but he has given this woman close to two thousand dollars from our family's pot of gold. I am finally ready to tell my husband to get out, but the lady has stopped cooperating with me. I guess the motion of the ocean is better to her than doing what's right. Should I file for divorce or tell him I know everything and see what he has to say for himself? What is that you want him to say? I mean, you have all the evidence you need to make a rational decision. I agree with you that cheating is bad enough. But yes, your husband is taking your family's money, your money, money that you've worked for, and paying another woman for sex.
Speaker 1: I mean he's violated so many marital rules.
Speaker 12: Then you ask the question, should you file for divorce or let him know that you know everything and see what he has to say for himself. This sounds a little code like you really don't want to divorce him or something, because if you want out, I mean, you're laughing, you know, when you hear him talking about having sex with another woman, you don't have to have to ask Steve and I what to do. I mean, anyway, your husband already knows you know, the young girl told him everything.
Speaker 1: So does it really matter what he says at this point?
Speaker 12: I mean, once you file divorce papers. If you file, he'll have a lot to say then for sure, and he'll start with buy.
Speaker 7: Seed Oh, I don't even know how the letter is titled the Motion of the Ocean. I don't know what they got to do with it, but I guess she tried to make a point of it. I caught my husband on the phone with a female. Now that right there, that right there alone would be so damn detrimental. They were reminiscing about the sex they had earlier that day. I had to control my laughter so he wouldn't hear me. I was cracking up inside because the girl was talking about how he had put it down and it was the best she's had in a long time. She sounded young, so I wondered how many men she'd been with. I was very relieved to hear that they used protection. Yes, I sat on the floor in the hall to hear every word of it, and it was a FaceTime called, but I couldn't see her face.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, what do you even understand this?
Speaker 7: This is how you reacted to the news that your husband had just had sex earlier that day with a woman, and they was on the phone FaceTime, and this was your reaction. You sat in the flow laughing. Ain't but one thing obvious to me. You don't give a damn about this man right here. You stop caring about what he thought, said or felt a long time ago. You hear they having sex and you sitting in the flow laughing. Heah, most women would have toe that damn doe down. It would have been some hell to pay man anyway. I guess you just don't care about the man.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 7: But I couldn't see her face, so I made it my mission to find out who this lady was. Now we talking. See, Now, this is how normal people react to the spouse cheat.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: I got her number from his phone and I face timed her from his phone when he was asleep. She was shocked to see me. I showed her how he looks asleep, laying the fat and naked.
Speaker 2: God, oh god.
Speaker 7: Then she opened up and told me everything and apologized what. I asked her why she lied to him about his performance, because it's only gonna make him cheat even more. She said, it ain't the size for her, but it's the motion in the ocean that has her turned on. I knew she was lying about that too, and she really opened up and told me that my husband pays her for sex.
Speaker 2: What you done?
Speaker 7: Had this whole conversation. Then guess what this lady said. What kind of marriage is this for? He's not just cheating on me, He's paying for it. You got to get the side piece some money. This has how this worked? That's really what is you shocked about? You shocked that he paid her money two thousand from our family.
Speaker 2: Pot of gold.
Speaker 1: Than hang on, Steve, I know this letter right here.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how to help her.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 12: We'll have part two of Steve's response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour of today's Strawberry Letter, subject the Motion of the Ocean.
Speaker 1: We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening morning show.
Speaker 12: All right, Steve, here we go with this letter. Let's recap, all right, let's recap.
Speaker 2: This, all right?
Speaker 7: Get married to this man. She found out she was cheating it. He was cheating on her because she overheard a conversation he was having on the phone with a girl he had just had sex with earlier that day, and they were going over how it was. The woman was listening to this sitting on the floor and was laughing at the whole thing because she.
Speaker 2: Thought it was funny.
Speaker 7: Because the girl was lying to the man talking about how good he was, and she know he ain't that good, and it was funny to her, and but now they was facetiming so she couldn't see. So she made it her mission to find out who this young girl was. So while the man was sleeping, she picked up his phone called the girl. The girl was shocked to see this woman on the other end of the phone, but the woman showed her her husband laying there, fat and naked and asleep, and then asked her why she cheated with her husband he said, She said, it ain't the size, it's the motion of the ocean that has her turned on. So she said she knowing about lying too. So then the girl went on and apologized and everything. But then they kept talking and the girl finally informed the wife that he pays her for sex. Now here would have let it get there, And she says, opened up and told me that her husband pays for sex. What kind of marriage is this? Well, he's not just cheating on me, he's paying for it. That's the part. That's the part. You don't think the side he's supposed to get, no, nothing, just but it don't stop there. Her next line was I can get past the cheating.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 7: Right here, This is a good wife right here, laughing when she found out about it, sitting in the floor, cracking up.
Speaker 2: And now she's say I can get past the cheating. Really, that's a new one.
Speaker 7: But he has given this woman close to two thousand from our family pot of gold. Now I'm finally ready to tell my husband to get out, but the lady has stopped cooperating with me. What you say you're close to ready to telling your husband to get out, but the lady has stopped cooperating with me. How much more damn cooperation you need?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: What you think she gonna make a good witness? I mean, the lady doesn't stop cooperating. What they got to do with anything?
Speaker 1: You ain't heard?
Speaker 7: You heard the conversation. You facetimed the woman you know who she is. She done told you everything, and now she didn't told you that your husband two thousand and you thinking about leaving. But the girl doesn't stop cooperating with me, And Shirley said it best. The young girl then told your husband that he got a call from you. You can believe that he don't Pie is a needle. He can't believe me, so guess what he doing. He ain't saying nothing. He just said the house scared to death. He's scared to death. The fact that she said, I guess the motion of the ocean is better to her than doing what's right. Should I file for divorce or tell him I know everything? He already know you know everything? See here the crazy part in this letter. She know the dude was cheating. She done talked to the girl that he was cheating with. She then facetimed the girl. The girl on the face time he saw. She saw who the girl was and showed her her fat naked husband sleep in the bed while they discussed him. Wow, everybody, and then the young girl hung up. And the next day you better believe she called him and said, guess who called me?
Speaker 2: Cynthia. Now he going sith.
Speaker 7: You're wife, as she facetimed, and she showed me you laying in the bed, sleep naked, And I told her everything?
Speaker 8: You what? You?
Speaker 2: You told her what?
Speaker 7: Because right now he trying to figure out how he gonna just weave the part that he don't even know her. But now they done face timed and talked. So now that I don't even know her what you told her? What I told her everything? What you mean you told her everything?
Speaker 2: I told her? That you pay for it? Do you know this man ain't getting no sleep?
Speaker 7: So now she's saying, should I file for divorce or tell him I know everything and see what he has to say for himself. Lady, that's gonna be the most uninteresting conversation you've ever had because you already know all the facts. Shirley's right, You're not going nowhere because you done created any excuse as to why you can't go nowhere because you say the girl and stop cooperating with you. I don't know what they got to do with anything, what that got to do with the price or rights. But if that's your excuse for staying with him, then just stay with your husan. You know already said you can get past the cheating. If you can get past to cheating, you can get past the two thousand dollars. All he gotta do is put it back. You the most gold person I haven't ever met. I don't even know why we talking to you. I ain't going nowhere. You like fat boy. Everybody else like fat boy, So I don't know what to tell you, Lady dumb. I'm so dump going confused about this right here, y'all don't have a real marriage. You think him sleeping with this other girl's funny? Yeah, this letter is confuse it it.
Speaker 2: Is he did you care? You don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't think she cares.
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 12: Leave your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter on Instagram at Steve BARBFM, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app. Coming up next, it is Sports Talk with Junior Junior. I know you have a lot to talk about today. Uh huh, we'll get into it right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 8: Morning show.
Speaker 1: It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk.
Speaker 6: What you got Junior?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Surelie?
Speaker 10: Well, Draymond Green has been reinstated to the n n b A. He's back. He yeah, caming back.
Speaker 1: Uh, we don't know.
Speaker 10: Uh, you know, he said this, this is so great. He said that Adam Silver has talked him to retirement. He was gonna retire because he said it was too much. But he said, now, Adam Silver said, I think you're make an irrational decision. I can't let you do that because he's in the first year of a four year, one hundred million dollar deal. So, uh, I don't believe he was gonna retire myself. Who was gonna tire Raymond?
Speaker 1: He said he wanted to. He want to retire.
Speaker 11: It was too much, he says, too much. He could he couldn't handle it.
Speaker 7: And he's not gonna he's not gonna jump on basketball. Yeah, well, is it playing basketball there's too much? Or playing basketball without fighting?
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 1: Which one is too much?
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna. I ain't gonna be able to do this, and y'all ain't gonna let me fight.
Speaker 1: But Adam Silver talked.
Speaker 10: So he's coming back, man, four year, one hundred million dollars deal, first year, So he's good.
Speaker 1: John Morant is out for the season.
Speaker 17: Man, What Yeah?
Speaker 10: Man, he tore a ligament in his shoulder, so he's out. He gotta have season ending surgery.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 10: You know, he came back after twenty five game suspension and only played nine games, man, so we'll see him next. Came back after how many games twenty five member the twenty five game suspension for the gun Wow, that's yeah.
Speaker 11: Then played nine games and hen he's out for the season now.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: So I love watching him play. He can ball. Oh man, John Mourn, he's exciting.
Speaker 1: We'll see him next season, Tager Woods.
Speaker 10: Yeah because he yeah, yeah, Oh he's excited. Well, we'll see him next season though. After that show to get fixed, we'll know. Tiger Woods and Nike have ended their ways. They parted ways after twenty seven years. Tiger signed with nikel when he was only twenty years old. Man, they thanked him. They was grateful.
Speaker 11: You know, he made hundreds of million dollars worth of endorsements with Nike.
Speaker 19: So he's gone.
Speaker 11: So I if they looking for somebody, I'm available.
Speaker 2: What Nike thing would you and what would you represent?
Speaker 1: I'll put on whatever like you got for me for the check a head man, Oh boy, I'm hired.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 8: It just hit me.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, sorry, I was. I was really looking for something you could.
Speaker 9: Well nowhere, go ahead, alright, Junior's down, Thank you, JUNR.
Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour.
Speaker 12: Should a woman be mad, Steve if her married boyfriend tricks her into losing.
Speaker 1: Won't talk about that? She need your advice? Right after this. You're listening Morning show, all right, Steve.
Speaker 12: This is from Tammy and Arlington. She says, I was on a spiritual journey with a man that I met online. We did a fast and I stopped eating meat and I worked out four days a week. I did that for six months straight and I lost twenty two pounds during that time.
Speaker 1: We didn't have sex, but we did fool round.
Speaker 12: Recently, I allowed him to move in with me, and that's when I found out he's married.
Speaker 1: He said he was ready to leave his wife because I'm not chubby anymore.
Speaker 12: On one hand, I'm mad that he tricked me into losing weight, But on the other hand, I look and feel amazing now. He says he loves me, and he showed me his divorce papers. Am I crazy for loving him? Should I let him go and get.
Speaker 1: A new man? With my new body?
Speaker 3: I want you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, he tricked you into losing weight, but you look and feel amazing. Okay, I know a lot of people want to want that trick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then.
Speaker 7: If you find out he's married, and now he said he want to be with you because you're not chubby no more.
Speaker 13: Damn.
Speaker 7: He said that didn't have sex, but y'all fooling around. I'm so damn confused.
Speaker 2: Right now, you like him? Does he like you? Gave it back?
Speaker 1: He said he loves her. He said he loves her.
Speaker 7: See, well, you better stay on that full day no meat eating program and lock that in because I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, look, it.
Speaker 7: Could work, It could work, you know. But it started off with a little bit of deceit. But he showed his divorce. But I don't know, man, I next question, I don't care. I just can't help everybody nothing.
Speaker 2: Lord, I can't solve all the problem. It's too early for this.
Speaker 1: We have another one for you.
Speaker 2: I was just fried chicken.
Speaker 1: That is wrong, Chris.
Speaker 12: This is from ROLANDA and Pensacola Steve. She says, I was at a get together and my friend's husband walked in on me in the bathroom as I was squatting. He said he only wanted to wash his hands, and he did so as I stood there in shock. My friend does not see why I have a problem with what her husband did, and said we've been friends so long that it shouldn't even matter. I want him to apologize. Should I tell my big brother what happened or let it go?
Speaker 2: Your brother gonna be his ass. But you know that's rude, and that dude did it on purpose.
Speaker 7: And he walked in and he wanted to see what he wanted to see, and he wanted to see what reaction you had to it. And if you wasn't gonna be appalled, then the next conversation y'all was gonna have was how fine you look sitting on that tarleet. I'm telling you this right here, I just want to wash my hands. Man, You couldn't have waited to wash your hands. Boy stopped, boy stop? And then and then when you went to your girlfriend, she's stupid girl. Y'all been friend so long. All he want to do is watch his head.
Speaker 2: That's a lie. He wanted to see you with your pants down.
Speaker 1: That's crazy what I heard anything like this.
Speaker 3: Ain't no more false's or bathroom in the house. They just got one false. You could wash your hands in the sink, Yeah, in the kitchen sink. First of all, what happened to, oh wow, my bad, excuse me?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, no, he walked right on in like he okay, yeah, but if you hadn't told his wife, the next conversation was, hey, I really apologize walking in on you, but wow, he looked amazing.
Speaker 1: Was That's why he hit that they've been friends for so long that it shouldn't matter. That's what the wife said.
Speaker 2: What the wife's stupid. The wife is stupid.
Speaker 7: Because first of all, all right, training in the washing your hands, she's sitting on a toilet.
Speaker 1: This is craziness.
Speaker 12: Coming up in twenty minutes after we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. Steve Harvey Nation.
Speaker 12: Taquille O'Neill's all Star Comedy Jam takes over Resorts World Las Vegas February ninth and tenth, over the Big Game weekend in Vegas. The comedy showcase is hosted by Dion Cole and features Deal Hug Lee, Earthquake, Deisi Banks and others. You could win a trip for two to attend the show on February ninth, and this includes round trip coach, airfear and the two night hotels day. You can enter now and get rules at Steve harvefm dot com. It is sponsored by AEG Present and Resorts World Las Vegas that Steve harvefm dot com for all the info Vegas is going to be lit we all know that during the Big Game weekend?
Speaker 1: Are you guys going to the game? I didn't even ask you get these tickets?
Speaker 13: Yea?
Speaker 1: Oh come on, he just taking his time.
Speaker 2: Friend of mine just gave me to yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh Tommy or Junior?
Speaker 2: You know, Dale? What is this here?
Speaker 1: What is wow?
Speaker 2: I love Junior now, but I love you, but know you ought to now.
Speaker 1: Hell oh, because you're his nephew. That's what you're saying. You should be going.
Speaker 2: I both want to go?
Speaker 1: Is quiet?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We don't wait though, you see what we're doing.
Speaker 2: See, I bet you better not say what I think you finished.
Speaker 1: See say you kids.
Speaker 2: Be damn. I just stole to Willie Turby.
Speaker 12: From yourself. Coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play around it.
Speaker 1: Would you rather? Right after this? You're listening hard Morning Show and it's time now for a round? Would you rather? Would you rather?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 12: It is go to Vegas for the super Bowl or Jamaica for the Hedonism Festival?
Speaker 2: Okay, this is kind of tight here now in here, will it's kind of tight man. I have to go to the super Bowl.
Speaker 7: You already know, good hair, Well, I can't go, No, damn Jamaica is no what heating? Come on the internet and now y'all see naked airste.
Speaker 1: He really did fell off making naked trip.
Speaker 2: Lost this bye steed down there in the hotel with all the women and cat we.
Speaker 1: I thinkbody body Yeah.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl, super Bowl, super bowls answers.
Speaker 12: Would you rather dive into a freezing cold pool or would you rather sit in a scorching hot chakuzie hey, freezing cold.
Speaker 2: Pool and have a crisis? You know, stupid? I better not seeing in the cold plant.
Speaker 7: You don't get your dumb ass in that hot ass sun and sit your little stupid out down and put your head band on and sit you sweat out your eyes.
Speaker 2: Talk about he gonna jump.
Speaker 8: In the all right?
Speaker 12: Would you rather just calls no texting for a month, or would you rather texting only with no calls?
Speaker 2: Oh, man, include my wife text.
Speaker 1: Texting and no calls.
Speaker 2: I got I got to take d cock, got to talk to my wife. I'm sorry, Well, we gotta go with the group. Hey, we gotta take d car. Yeah we got to We'll put that texting on home. Yeah, nothing else stupid? All right?
Speaker 12: Would you would you rather be known as a really nice guy, really nice guy, just a nice guy?
Speaker 1: Would you rather be known as a great lover? Never? I'm already I think we all know they I mean, well yeah, and.
Speaker 2: I'm both so.
Speaker 1: He said you ain't for your You ain't no nice ass guy.
Speaker 2: What if you talk like? Okay, well, I just be.
Speaker 7: Anybody know her ain't never my damn goal. I ain't never said I'd be the nicest guy in the damn room. I ain't never want I shouldn't want to be the nicest guy in it. What you feel about me, I'm too difficult to be nice. I wake up not to be nice. Matter of fact, if I can avoid it, I will.
Speaker 1: All right, that's today's rounded. Would you rather thank you?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 12: Coming up next, I will have some closing remarks at forty nine minutes after right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 1: Morning show. All right, guys, here we are our last break of the day on this Wednesday. It's been a good day.
Speaker 2: Remarks.
Speaker 7: It's going to be straightening out a couple of things, and okay, reference to anything about me, I just don't. I'm not getting into that world. I'm just talking about I'm gonna share something about the super Bowl and I want to say something.
Speaker 2: We're gone.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, like I told them earlier, a friend of mine gave me two tickets and.
Speaker 1: Sweet wow, very nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's You're just blessed when you have people like that.
Speaker 3: But I.
Speaker 7: Get you know, man, can I say something about comedy? I just suggest about comedy. Yeah, because we have three of us on the show, and we have three of us on the show, and I want to say something just so the public understands something about comedy that's not being shared with you.
Speaker 2: First of all, let me give you a little terminology. Carlin and I was.
Speaker 7: Discussing yesterday what's called a stock joke, and Sureley and Carla said, I've known you and Tommy and Kiirr all these years, and I've never heard the term stock joke. A stock joke, you all, in comedy is a joke joke that's written. They come from people from years ago and people repeat them their stock joke like Knock Knock Who's Dad? Or Bernie did a stock joke at the end of his show about the bus driver and the little boy who had the stuttering problem and kept getting the door slammed in his face, and at the end the guy said why you keep doing it? And then the driver said, he he he teasing me. Well, that's a stock joke. Nothing, there's nothing wrong with that. That's perfectly allowable. The joke that said did about abominitious everybody talking about he stole that from a show. That's a stock joke. That's a stock joke from Designing Women. That came from a joke designing Women. All sitcom has writers in the room. These writers write this stuff into shows. Say it just did a stock joke, but he made it his own by talking about he was with his cousin named CJ. And he just put a spin on it. It's just a stock joke. So let me help you all understand something. All this talk out here today about stealing, listen to me, when a joke makes it on sin, a dude is not writing that joke the day before he goes on film. This could be a joke he's done for years and when you see it on film, he just not doing this one on film. I have personally more jokes not on film than our on film. So you gotta watch how people.
Speaker 2: They tell you things, but they don't put no timetable on it.
Speaker 7: You don't know where that care and please don't get jokes still and confused with premises. If a comedian has the same premise as another comedian, if it's verbatim, something has happened. If it's not verbatim, it's a primise. Y'all got to understand that, man, and that can happen all the time in this business. So now I've said that just to give you all a little bit of clarity. But here's what I really wanted to share with y'all, listener, very important information. We're talking about Super Bowl tickets and a friend of mine sent this to me today and I just wanted to share it with you all. A friend of mine listened to me carefully, everybody. A friend of mine has two tickets to the twenty twenty fourth Super Bowl on February eleventh. Both are VIP seats. He paid two thy five hundred dollars each, but he didn't realize last year when he bought them it was going to be on the same day as his wedding.
Speaker 5: WHOA.
Speaker 7: Now, if you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place. It's at Holy Cross Church on Lake Avenue at three pm.
Speaker 2: The bride's name is Judy.
Speaker 7: She's five to four, about one hundred and fifteen pounds, black hair, very energetic, has two jobs and is a very good cook too.
Speaker 2: You'll be there. She'll be the one with the white dress on it. That's funny talk, anybody, man? Right there? Now, That right there, y'all, is an example of a stock joke.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right.
Speaker 7: If a comedian tells that joke and repeats it, he's repeating a stock joke.
Speaker 2: Who he ain't stole you nothing?
Speaker 7: And I just want to say that, man, because a lot of my friends are being accused of stealing and just on their behalf. Man, I want you all to understand that that that's the business we end. And you gotta be really, really careful man. Like I said in twenty twenty four moving, surround yourself with positive people, y'all. You please please surround yourself with the right people. If there is a person who is bringing you a slew of negativity, wraps it up in a big old negative ball and presents it to you, what is the purpose of this person and why are you allowing this person to premeate your life? Man, Keep your focus on God, put your focus on your dreams and visions.
Speaker 2: Quit worrying about what everybody else is doing.
Speaker 7: If you take that energy and put it on what you need to do, you'll have a much better twenty twenty four. So everybody, let's get a whole lot more in twenty twenty four. Stay focused, Keep God in your life. Don't forget to pray. You know, and I know they say pray for your enemies, but you know, it's really not that type of Christians.
Speaker 2: Yet it y'all say, y'all talk God, He love He, don't listen.
Speaker 13: Be a loved.
Speaker 8: For all.
Speaker 12: Steve Harvey Contests no purchase necessary, voidware prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey fm dot com. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.