Speaker 1: Wait, wait, why you guys.
Speaker 2: Really are like the hip hop early morning late night talk till Breakless Club is the most powerful popular urban radio show. Like from the Black Mothership in New York City. It's DJ ye V and Charlamagne the God. It's different, you know what I'm saying, Like y'all know what y'all talking about.
Speaker 3: Y'all be Black five.
Speaker 4: I love y'all.
Speaker 2: Collectively known as Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: So I'm always nervous when I do the Breakfast Club because sometimes you say.
Speaker 6: Stuff and it's just gonna get you.
Speaker 7: Everybody what good morning, Usa yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 4: Yo yo Charlemagne the gop piece to the plane of Itay, Yes it's Thursday.
Speaker 2: Good morning. How you feeling?
Speaker 8: I just thought about it. This is our first week back?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Why feel longer than that? I feel like we've been back. Maybe it's just me kiss you.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I'm a little saw this morning too.
Speaker 4: Had a good, good workout yesterday since my cousin parent man, you know, so a little sore, But other than that, it is a beautiful Thursday morning. Man, how you feel out there? I feel blessed, black and hoghly favored.
Speaker 2: What's happening? I feel amazing smartness? Indeed, man, God is good. Now today we got some special guests joining us this morning. We have Angela Rae, Tiffany Cross, and Andrew Gillim.
Speaker 4: Yes, they just launched a new podcast called the Native Land Podcast. It is the flagship podcast off a new vertical from iHeart Media called Reason Choice Media, which is gonna be strictly a podcast platform for political, politically driven.
Speaker 2: Podcast that's right, you know, which is especially needed this year.
Speaker 4: So Angela Raie, Tiffany Cross, and Andrew Gilliam will be here this morning.
Speaker 2: To talk about that and some other things that's right. So we're gonna chop it up with them in a little bit and then we got Front page News. When we come back, Tesla's figure over be joining us. Gotta break down a lot. But today is a very special day. Yes right, it is a It is a queen's born day. It is royalty born day. Okay.
Speaker 4: It is a woman who has gotten us all through. It is a woman who has provided the soundtrack for so many of our lives, Yes, Born Day and Icon. Okay, this song right here is so good for my mental health. There's not too many songs that I can turn on and can change my mood instantly, and this is one of them.
Speaker 2: Shout to the Queen, Mary J. Blige, Happy Birthay.
Speaker 8: Born Day, Mary jan bombs a rap?
Speaker 2: What you're doing?
Speaker 3: Come on now?
Speaker 2: She dropped a She dropped a video to her single Forever. That's the joint feature in remy Ma. She just put that out. You can check that out if you follow up, you can check it out. Dope video.
Speaker 4: It's one of my favorite albums of all time, my life. You know this album came out on my wife's born day. Yes, I mean not the exact date, the exact day, not date, gotcha, Yes, twenty ninth, nineteen ninety four, this album was released.
Speaker 2: But that's right. We are the Breakfast Club with see in the second. Happy Birthday, Mary J. Blige.
Speaker 8: You're gonna hit the post. Come on, you're not gonna hit the post.
Speaker 4: You a radio personality, You forgot how to hit the post.
Speaker 2: Come in and tell now can sing it? Love somebody else? Keep going me.
Speaker 4: Mine morning, everybody.
Speaker 2: That's Mary J. Blige Today it's her birthday. Trap a bombs for married Ja.
Speaker 4: So so happy, but the lies in me even know that one person that can't sing, I do try so hard that we can be happy and actually tries. I want to be happy. Yes, some voices that should stay in the shower and she let it breathe man drop on the clues bombs of Mary J.
Speaker 2: Blige.
Speaker 4: Boy said that that be happy is an instant mood changing you hear me. There's not too many songs that can instantly get you in the better mood. I don't care what you're going through, even if it's just for that four or five minutes that song is playing.
Speaker 2: Incredible, incredible. We know you're not a single. But let's get in some front page news, Morning.
Speaker 10: Test, Good morning, the DJ Charlemagne and the guy.
Speaker 2: Let's start off for some quick sports now NBA just want to tell you guys, Kawiet Leonard signed a three year extent and that was worth how much money? It was like one hundred and eighty million. They didn'tut the number out on the why, but it was like one hundred and eighty million dollars. But let's jump right into it. Where we start with DeSantis Yeah, we're.
Speaker 10: Gonna start with the GOP debate that happened yesterday on CNN. The Idowa caucus is next Monday, on Jonathan Major's favorite day, MLK Day, and so they'll be going to the polls. And last night was the last GOP debate. Now, this debate was between Ron DeSantis and Nicki Haley. VI mc Ramasami did not qualify for this debate due to low poll numbers, so it was just those two one on one.
Speaker 6: Both had the same amount of talk time.
Speaker 10: DeSantis talked for forty four minutes, Nicki Haley talked for forty two minutes.
Speaker 6: Here's a recap of them challenging each other. Take a listen.
Speaker 2: Time people come down.
Speaker 11: She caves he's only mad about the donors because the donors used to be with him.
Speaker 12: But they're no longer with him now.
Speaker 13: And that's because he's only seven about the fact that his campaign is excluding.
Speaker 1: We don't need another meally mouthed politician. So just tells you what she thinks you want to hear, just to try to get your vote.
Speaker 13: Can't trust what Ron's saying, But this is a bigger issue that does more than him just constantly being desperate and throwing.
Speaker 14: Things on me.
Speaker 1: We need to fly a flag of bold colors carrying the banner of putting the American people first, not the pale pastels of the warmed over corporatism of people like Nikki Hayley.
Speaker 13: Well, first of all, bless his heart, just santuslies dot Com.
Speaker 10: The biggest news for tonight in addition to that was Chris Christi dropping out the race a few hours before the debate. Some people said, when did the race win? Did his campaign even start? But he was in the campaign and he dropped out. But he was caught on a hot mic. Been a lot of hot mic called this week. Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, look, she spent sixty eight million so far just on TV. Spent sixty eight million so far, fifty nine million by Desantas, and we spent twelve. I mean, who's punching above their weight and who's getting a return on their investment?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 15: And she's going to get smoked.
Speaker 2: And you and I both know it. She's not a to that.
Speaker 16: She hasn't even even.
Speaker 3: Behind crumping them. He's he's gonna carry.
Speaker 15: Out yesh, He's I talked to this the Santus called me petrified.
Speaker 4: You know I've said it before, and I said again, I don't know why the GOP doesn't move Trump out the way and put uh Nicki in his place, because saying Trump has baggage is an extreme understatement, so replaced him with Nicki, but also didn't understand why I spend so much time Nikki and Ron going in on each other when they both are so far behind Trump so far, I don't I don't understand, like who, like, what are you trying to prove by you know, out debating Nicki?
Speaker 13: Hell?
Speaker 8: Or what is Nicki trying to prove by out debating Ron?
Speaker 2: Like that?
Speaker 8: The competition is time in front of and way in front of y'all.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And she mentioned that she said that this debate was not about her and Ron, it was about uh, you know Trump, exactly what you said.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 10: At the same time, Trump was over on Fox News doing a one on one town hall, speaking you know, the folks who are interested in what he had to say.
Speaker 6: And this is his response to Chris Christy dropping out the race.
Speaker 11: Chris Christie was in and he got a hot mic. I heard about it. I thought, actually the biggest story wasn't the fact that he dropped out. Nobody cared too much about that. But he had a hot mic where he was talking to somebody about the weather, and he happened to say that she doesn't have what to take. She'll be creamed in the in the election. And I mean, I know it very well, and I happen to believe that Chris Christie's right. That's one of the few things he's been right about.
Speaker 2: Actually, you don't think it changes the dynamic match.
Speaker 11: I don't know if it does or not.
Speaker 4: Chris Christy Donald Trump should have been like Chris Christy can never finish running. He's never finished running in his life. Look at him.
Speaker 2: He can only run for about one or two minutes on the trip. But that would be both of them. They both can't run more than two minutes in the trim.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I know, for whatever reason, nothing sticks to Trump, right, Like he's only three years younger, four years younger than Joe Biden, but never gets called old. He's probably about thirty pounds lighting and Chris Christie, but never get called fat, not like that, not like Chris Christie does.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they did address a Trump's character.
Speaker 10: The question was asked, you know, should Trump be in leadership again?
Speaker 6: And this is what they both had to say.
Speaker 17: Do you believe Donald Trump has the character to be president again?
Speaker 13: Well, I think the next president needs to have moral clarity. I think you need to have moral clarity to understand that it's taxpayer money, not your own money. I think you need to have moral clarity to understand that when you're dealing with dictators in the world, that we always have to fight for democracies and human rights and protecting Americans and preventing war. And so when you look at Donald Trump, I have said I think he was the right president at the right time. I agree with a lot of his policies, but his way is not my way. I don't have vengeance, I don't have vendettas. I don't take things personally. For me, it's very much about no drama, no whining, and getting results and getting them done. So I don't think that President Trump is the right president to go forward. I think it's time for a new generational leader.
Speaker 17: Well, I'm running because I'm the guy that's going to be able to engineer a comeback for this country. I appreciated what President Trump did, but let's just be honest. He said he was going to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it. He did not deliver that. He said he was going to drain the swamp. He did not deliver that he was gonna hold Hillary accountable, and he let her off the hook. He said he was gonna eliminate the debt, and he added seven point eight trillion dollars to the debt. So we need to deliver and get this stuff done.
Speaker 4: We should care about character, but nobody cares about character. Nobody cares about purity. When will folks realize clearly voters don't care about any of that stuff.
Speaker 8: They don't want purity of morals.
Speaker 4: They want politicians to be effective, and folks feel like Trump is effective. And it's amazing to me that, you know, Ron DeSantis is up there talking about all of the things Donald Trump didn't get doe as far as you know what he promised, instead of focusing on the fact he's got ninety one criminal charges, like we shouldn't even be talking about, you know what he didn't get accomplished while he was in the White House, Like the fact he's got ninety one criminal charges and attempted to cool his country should be enough for people not to want to vote on them, all right, but clearly it's not all right.
Speaker 2: Well that is front page news. What we got next hour.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're gonna talk about it was a clown show yesterday Congress. A lot went down here, So you guys might want to break out the fans on this one, because it was a lot of tea going on.
Speaker 4: Oh, dropping the clues bomb for the reporter who was after hunt of Biden, the tough questions if Biden was walking down that hall.
Speaker 2: I laughed at that a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to find it, post it, but we'll get Oh my god, we'll get on the get me, get me Joe clock from lean on Me when smoke. Don't you give me Joe clock from lean on Me before we do that? Start now, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you need to vente, phone lines wide open again eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, call us up right now.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Ray right ray yo, Charlot mane, damfy, what up are we lost? This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 18: I got an indoor pool.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 19: Get on the phone right now here, tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: We lie Hello, who's this? You're what's up?
Speaker 9: Traps?
Speaker 2: It's what's happening now?
Speaker 9: Trap?
Speaker 20: Ya?
Speaker 2: I mean calling in a little bit. You must have a new boot trap.
Speaker 9: Every you are. Y'all was off for three months?
Speaker 2: Who wasn't offer?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 2: Damn three months?
Speaker 9: But there's three?
Speaker 2: You know what? Black people love to exaggerate.
Speaker 4: I saw somebody yesterday say breakfast club only work six months out the year?
Speaker 2: Like, what are y'all getting? Where y'all getting this from?
Speaker 9: Ya? Where they get the information from?
Speaker 2: Sary?
Speaker 9: I'm gonna be really envy.
Speaker 22: You shouldn't be allowed to come back to work until after the playoffs.
Speaker 9: If your team didn't make the playoffs, you shouldn't give.
Speaker 10: It the work.
Speaker 2: That is very true. I agree with that.
Speaker 9: I'm even gonna be honest with you. But look, Sorr, I have a question for you. You know that means you're going through the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Did you get our sweet yet?
Speaker 23: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't gotten the sweet yet.
Speaker 9: Sorry, you start looking for the sweet, shark your money drive.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a waste of money.
Speaker 9: You hating at six o'clock in the morning by y'all.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 18: And ship boy Ryan from Brooklyn?
Speaker 2: How you doing Ryan from Brooklyn? Whatever? Get it off your chest.
Speaker 19: I'm pushed though, man needs this is showing.
Speaker 9: These are showing people.
Speaker 22: I'm her out of work for a couple of months now and they ain't pay me yet, and I'm pissed for man, they got to count they they.
Speaker 4: Well, you're not gonna get insurance threatning them. Okay, that's not gonna work, bro, your liability.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the fact. Have a blessed day, sir. Goodbye, sir. Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 9: You be you ready from Atlanta?
Speaker 2: Be ready to get it off your chest?
Speaker 9: Yeah, sir. I just want to say shout out to Saramagne. Shout out yourself with doing what y'all do on a positive note. But Charlamagne was saying shout out to her.
Speaker 2: This is a birthday, absolutely, But.
Speaker 9: I just I just want to say, why Charlamagne will let people that way? Beijing be happy?
Speaker 2: You know it? What people that we're in bathing.
Speaker 9: Let people why you all let beazing people be happy?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 9: Just because you got to bout here, no face hair and you got all to noise to say my people were beazing. I will a little bit of it, but not a lot.
Speaker 2: But I want you to.
Speaker 4: I want y'all to be happy, but clearly or not, because if you were happy, then you know you would let your grade show.
Speaker 9: My great do show. But it's nothing wrong with enhancing your your personal health.
Speaker 2: I'm not listening. It's not health.
Speaker 4: But I'm not mad at you if you feel like doing the Beijing thing, but I'm gonna point it out when it looks very fake like Envys be doing mine.
Speaker 2: Don't look fake. But thank you, bro. He just be hated because he ain't got no head on the top of By the way, I don't have no problem with Benjing.
Speaker 4: I have a problem with y'all people that make it look so obvious, like y'all be looking crazy, like it just looks like somebody just took black paint just threw it on your head.
Speaker 2: It looks insane. He's a hater.
Speaker 9: Be Ray's man. It's so different way when you get pedis and manicure, you're putting put ink on your finger. What's the difference.
Speaker 4: I don't get my fingers when I get a petty the color. I don't get color, he get color. You know, there's nothing wrong with Beijing. Y'all just need to stop doing it yourself. Maybe go to a professional and let a professional blend it in or something.
Speaker 9: If it's hard to trust somebody about having no facing hair in four.
Speaker 2: Man, there you go, you know, be ready. You know, women get their head dyed all the time. There's nothing wrong with a little justman or a little basing.
Speaker 4: Women get their hair dyed by a professional art our women know how to put just enough in it so it at least looks natural.
Speaker 2: Y'all. Don't be looking natural.
Speaker 4: And y'all get mad when somebody calls it out, well be ray telling we don't do it for him.
Speaker 2: Why are you trying to look at us like that?
Speaker 9: Sell man, I get my hair cut every two weeks. I pay one hundred dollars, and my barber put enhancements, and my be here every now and then. By let my career like that, and.
Speaker 2: I bet you youalls look way better than envies. You'll stop it.
Speaker 4: And Bey looked like the Envy looked like the Beatle off the first Mario Brothers, the little black beat off. I'm talking about the one from eighty. Don't don't laugh at him. Be ready we stick together. Don't laugh at him.
Speaker 9: Hey, let's y'all man, y'all keep doing what y'all do.
Speaker 2: Man, going there, Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five one. If you need to ben, hit us up now. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 20: The breakfast Club is your time to get it off your chest. Whether you're mad.
Speaker 2: Or black something, get up and get something. Call up now. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast cause, uh hello, who's this this? Pick?
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 2: Brother? You off your chest?
Speaker 19: Uh uh? In November, I got uh hurt on the job, and well I want to say, uh hey Charlamagne and yeah I'm natural good. But you know, I got hurt and they put me on right duties and work was cop but then turn around didn't get me out for paint or anything. So I was out a couple of days. So they fired me. But they told me they could have fired me because I was on worker's camp.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it could be fried on work.
Speaker 19: I didn't know that it either I am so I haven't got any received any money for the whole month of the Center for Workmer's camp and now I'm going into vir January. I ain't had no money to pay my rent or anything. And I went to Cabbage and Knapman. They said took me ninety days for them even the process of or Hannah. And I mean, I'm I'm out. I'm up with free without a paper. You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: What you need? Brother?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 2: What what? What you're looking at? What you're looking for?
Speaker 19: I mean some just to give me parents this month because I go to Core on the two a second or this month for an invention. I mean maybe y'all can't help me, but I mean I need some kind of help. I mean I call the churches and UH and all that and can't help me. That's I paid December month.
Speaker 4: Brand'll put your cash cash.
Speaker 19: Out there, Chapital Air I E N D cap of the p I T T S.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, okay, brother, all right now? Yeah Taylor one of our producers that it depends on what station and if you could be fired for workers comp. So I guess the state that he is can't let him go or being on work as comp Sorry for that, brother, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 2: My name is Ama a mob What up? Get off your chairce bro.
Speaker 18: Uh so, good morning y'all. I have nothing negative to get out my test. I wanted to say a couple of things, so one I tried to call y'alllast I'm not going to tell you a happy anniversary because December seventh is actually my birthday too. I wanted to make our happy anniversary and everything. No problem, No problem too.
Speaker 9: It's a cool to talk to both of y'all.
Speaker 18: Actually, it's a cool to talk to you because I to I need to be a scholar man hater, no lie. But uh after some time I started listening to you and I was like, dang, see actually, uh we kind of I'm not gonna say think a life, but I was like, I definitely agree on certain things that he's standing up. So I haven't been a trouve man hater in.
Speaker 2: A few years.
Speaker 8: Thank you, brother. I appreciate that. But I need my haters too.
Speaker 18: Now, which I understand. I feel like everybody needs some haters, but like, only if you really you know what I'm saying it's got to be something to hate on, and I felt like, well, if I'm agreeing with stuff, I can't really hate them.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, everybody loves a bad guy. Okay, it's called stock Stockholm syndrome. Sir, you're listening to so long that you forget that you hate him. You just start like, everybody loves the bad guy. I like being the bad guy. Eight hundred five ain't five one oh five one? Now when we come back, we got your room and report. We got to talk about who Steven A. Smith called a at fasted. We'll get to that next. As the breakfast clugan Morning, the breakfast club. Morning everybody, It's dj n V, Charlamagne the gud. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the room. Let's let's talk. Stephen A. Smith call out a name or you gossip is the rumor report?
Speaker 24: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: This is where the tea spells right right now. Yesterday I was I followed Stephen A. Smith on Instagram and on social media, and he posted something that was totally unlike Stephen A. Smith. Uh, this is what he said on his Instagram yesterday, which I noticed, and I'm like, this doesn't sound like Stephen Ay.
Speaker 25: There's a few things going on in the world of sports that need to be addressed, but on this particular day, they don't take precedent. Instead, one would be Aaron Rodgers and his situation with the Pat McAfee show. That's necessary to address because after all, I'm an employee for ESPN. The other would be a fat bastard that has gotten away for far too long talking his book. You want it some fine, I'm happy to.
Speaker 2: Give it to you.
Speaker 25: All I will say is that the things that I'm going to say, please don't hold anybody responsible for it other than me. Nobody. I even took the liberty of calling my pastor to apologize in advance for what I'm gonna say about that.
Speaker 2: No good bastard.
Speaker 25: So i will address that in just a few minutes. And I'm not engaging in our perbole. I'm not exaggerating. The pastor's name is Pastor A ar Bernard at Christian Cultural Center. You don't believe me call him an asking all right?
Speaker 2: So that's where it started. And Steve, you know, Steven A. Smith is my Queen's Bretherton. When I see him start talking like that, I said, what the hell is going on? How is he talking just like that? Like you know, Steven A. Smith? For you, that wasn't nothing extra. You usually don't talk about college's usually talking more about sports, not as colleague. Well, Jason Woodlock, if you don't know who it is, he has a show on Blaze, and he said, Steven A. Smith. I guess he went down the same road as cat will you tried to go down? And he said Steven A. Smith was an industry plant and that he even didn't even write his own book. Well, Steven Asmith wanted to address some of the things that Jason Whitlock said about him. This man will tell you I'm lying.
Speaker 12: He even went so far as to say my autobiography where I talk about my mother, my father, my sisters, the business, my hiring and firing and rehiring it ISPN.
Speaker 2: I didn't write it.
Speaker 25: This article is an article written on deadspin dot com the title how Jason Whitlock is poisoning ESPN's Black grant Land. Let me read the graph to you. This staff, the one Whitlock was praising by way of warnings that if the writers and editors wouldn't aligned with his vision, he would get rid of them.
Speaker 2: Was not the one Whitlock wanted.
Speaker 25: The Undefeated was originally meant to attract the best and brightest young black talent in the country. Those young writers comprehensively refused to work with him, so did big name espnos like Howard Bryant, Jamel Hill, and Steven A.
Speaker 2: Smith. I could write him well. He talks about that, and then he talks about after that, Jason Whitlock actually running up on him and apologizing and saying he's sorry and wrote an email and said he understands and how bad he thought their relationship was.
Speaker 25: Did you tell them how you stood outside outside of first take, begging me to talk to you. Did you tell them that once the same article in Dead spind came out weeks later, you wrote a lengthy apology to me in an email begging me to forgive you, pointing out how you were betrayed by this particular writer. So you know how I must feel that you betrayed me. Did you tell the folks that.
Speaker 2: You He also talks about how he doesn't like Jason so much that he even made it his point to put in his contract that he never ever had to work with him on the network.
Speaker 25: Ladies and gentlemen, how serious I am, am? I I have a contract that I negotiated with ESPN and I signed in twenty and fifteen. I had it in my contract and I have a copy of it where it specifically stipulates that I never work with Jason Whitlock. It's in writing, No wonder. You didn't see him on First Take, You didn't see him on Undisputed with Skip Bayless either. Skip Bayless wouldn't allow him on there. You didn't see him on numbers never Lie either. Jamel Hill and Michael Smith wouldn't allow him on there.
Speaker 8: I wonder how much of this is steven A.
Speaker 4: Smith being actually upset on How much of this is Steven A using Jason Whitlock for content, Not that stephen A needs it, you know what I mean. And I'm not mad at any of it, But I just wonder, because Shannon Sharp had a great week with the Cat Walliams club siation she interview. You know, Pat mccaffree had a great week with all the Aaron Rodgers Jimmy Kimmel controversy. Steven A might feel a need to keep up, might be a need to compete.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying because there really is no reason for steven A. Smith to be discussing Jason Wilock at this point. I mean, he's been throwing shots at steven A Smith and everybody over there for years. So maybe steven A Smith got fed up.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe he's just using this for content. I don't know. But it gets to a point sometimes you probably just get fed up. It's just like you say one more thing, and it's like, you know what, I just got to respond to dude, like enough, it's enough. Oh who cares other than noise, other than drama, other than us loving to see people go at each other? Why do we care about this situation?
Speaker 4: Because I still don't even know what this is all about, right, and you've been explaining it for the pastball for five minute.
Speaker 2: Well, now with steven A. Smith, he had to get some things off his chest, and he did. Also Young Miami allegedly, now this is a Jasmine brand exclusive. They're reporting that she has to cut not cut, but cut out Diddy on her reality show. They're saying that possibly I'll say allegedly that the show is pushed back a little bit because there's a lot of scenes with Diddy and they're taking those scenes out. I don't know how true that is. Young Miami. She listens every morning, well most of the mornings when she's taking her kids to school, so hopefully she'll check in and say, well, that's true, that's not true, but that's allegedly. And that show was set to air on B E T later this year.
Speaker 4: Well, I wasn't looking forward to that show because of any Diddy appearances anyway, nop. I was looking forward to that show because Young Miami is highly entertaining. Absolutely, no, Kreshi's highly entertaining. So yes, I want to see Corisia's behind the scenes life, that's right. Yeah, I'm highly intrigued and interested in a Young Miami reality TV show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we were. We seen them taping at the BET Awards. We've seen them taping up pair. Yeah, they were taping a lot of places. So I look forward to seeing that as well.
Speaker 4: I want to see I care about and cameos from JT more than I do Diddy.
Speaker 2: All right, and that is your rumor reports. Now when we come back, we got front page news, teslaing figure out. We're breaking down what's happening in the world. And then we have Angela Rod, Tiffany Cross, and Andrew Gillham the Native Land Podcast. They'll be joining us. They got a new podcast that they launched today and we'll talk to them in a few So don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is DJ env Charlemagne a god. We ought to Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news with such.
Speaker 6: Was going on. DJ mby and Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 2: He says, let's jump right into it.
Speaker 10: Hunter Biden man yesterday was a circus, to say the least, very entertaining. He popped up yesterday attending unexpectedly attending the hearing about if Congress should hold him in contempt.
Speaker 6: Let's go to CBS for the report.
Speaker 21: There was some high drama on Capitol Hell today after Hunter Biden made a surprise appearance of the House Oversight Committee. That group has been weighing whether to hold the President's son in contempt of Congress. At issue Hunter Biden's earlier refusal to appear for a closed door deposition. He instead offered to testify publicly. House Republicans want to talk with him as part of their impeachment inquiry into his father. Thirty minutes into today's hearing, Hunter Biden walked out without responding to any questions.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so a lot was going on, Republicans with throwing shots all afternoon. Representative Nancy Mace went there talking about white privilege and mentioned who has balls and who doesn't take a listen.
Speaker 21: You are the epitome of white privilege, coming into the Oversight Committee, spitting in our face, ignoring a congressional subpoena to be deposed.
Speaker 14: What are you afraid of?
Speaker 3: You have no to come up here?
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 10: Then after that, Marjorie Taylor Green had this to say about him being a coward.
Speaker 5: Sits here with a smug look on his face and runs away when it's my turn to talk.
Speaker 2: Not only is he a criminal, but he is a coward.
Speaker 10: Then after that he went outside and reporters going back to what you talked about earlier, Charlemagne, They walked.
Speaker 6: Upon him and his attorney and asked him about Craig. Let's take a listen, please, I'll.
Speaker 26: Answer your question if you beat quiet and let me make a state look practice you normally smoke, mister Ebiden.
Speaker 4: I'm not mad at anything any of that, you know what I mean, But I do feel like you got to keep the same energy because it's you know, President Donald Trump and his administration. You know, they've duffed a lot of subpoenas you know from Congress, and I've never heard anybody from the GOP call call call them out about it. The question you so crack? Before that different types of crack? No, I never knew that there was different types of crack. And that's that's that's that's what was so entertaining about that we are the most unserious country ever. I truly don't even know how shows like snel are still on because everything is a spoof, but real life is funnier. I didn't know there was types of crack, Like what level of privilege do you have to have to be able to get different types of crack?
Speaker 2: Like is there are cracking robins?
Speaker 4: Like do folks go so they can get thirty one flavors of that fried cocaine?
Speaker 2: Can you fried crack? Can you grill crack? And is he jerky? You can fried coke? That's all.
Speaker 4: That's all crack is fried crack, fried cocaine. And what flavors do they have? Is it like peanut butter blossom crack, non dairy mint, choco choco chunk crack, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Chocolate moves crack royale. What do they have Huh.
Speaker 4: Old fashioned butter pe can crack, Orio cookies and crane crack.
Speaker 2: Huh, chocolate cherry bark crack, mint chocolate chip crack? How many? What type of crack is it? Honey?
Speaker 10: Maybe they're talking about the potency of the crack because you know you can step on them. Maybe you know, maybe some of little bit stronger, not strong out of.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe I just like, damn boy, they white privilege must be real for real when you can get different types of crack.
Speaker 8: They only had one type of crack when I was growing up.
Speaker 6: Plain basic, good old.
Speaker 4: Crane, basic vanilla crack. The playing basic vanilla. We ain't even get vanilla chocolate, a strawberry, just straight vanilla.
Speaker 2: Jesus.
Speaker 10: So would you say you said they win Joe? What they do they win? Joe Clark on to play that red just.
Speaker 2: Smoke crack, don't you smoke cracked, don't you. I'm trying to tell you that's on that bar. That's all I was missing. That's how that reported.
Speaker 4: See that reporter ain't got no sense of coaching, right if you had a sense of coaching, because he was asking great questions, all the questions leading up to it.
Speaker 2: But you got to end it with that joke. You smoke cracked? Don't you smoke crack?
Speaker 4: Don't you?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 8: If he had ended it with Joe Clark, Oh legend, legend.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't take anything serious. No we don't.
Speaker 6: That's no.
Speaker 4: This is America, just a series final of America. Okay, final Act, So lit's enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Goodness.
Speaker 10: Yeah, definitely was a mess, but overall, the House Oversight Committee did vote twenty five to twenty one to approve a resolution holding Hunter Biden in contempt. So we'll just continue to keep following. But yesterday was very entertaining. It's so much more, was said Charlemae before we get out of it. What are they were saying about erections and showing.
Speaker 4: Pen Everybody was just messing up, Like I saw somebody calling out somebody for showing penis pigs, and then I saw a representative of Promila Jaya Paul say, Trump incited an erection.
Speaker 27: But if we're gonna talk about outrageous things that have happened or things that have never happened, let's talk about the fact that President Trump incited an erection.
Speaker 7: And maybe that too, he could talk about that too.
Speaker 3: I guess it.
Speaker 8: Was just wild like it was just a wild time yesterday in congered.
Speaker 2: Wow. All right, well that is Front Page News Steaky test. Absolutely, and make sure.
Speaker 4: You subscribed to Tenlin figure O's podcast Just Great Shot, No Chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeart Radio podcast Network and follow at Teslin figure on social media platforms.
Speaker 2: All right now, when we come back, Angela Raie, Tiffany Cross, and Andrew Gillimore we joining us. They got a new podcast, the Native Land Podcast. We're gonna chop it up with the next Don't Move. It's The Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club Morning. Everybody is dj n V Charlemagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. And we got some special guests in the belly. Yes, indeed we have Angela Rae.
Speaker 28: All right now, Tihany Cross, Andrew Gillen, welcome, what's up everybody the new year.
Speaker 2: How you're feeling?
Speaker 8: The internet called him destiny fulfilled.
Speaker 2: No, we're death throat.
Speaker 14: Did you hear that? It's giving death throaw?
Speaker 4: I was like, I appreciate that because of their pusble pictures for what. They're here to talk about their new podcast, Native Land Native Land Podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, how did you three get together? They decided this podcast long.
Speaker 5: Before the podcast. Actually, we've all known each other Angelin I've known Antela almost my whole adult life. I think we met when I was like twenty three, twenty four, right when we both moved to DC. Angela and Andrew already knew each other. And Andrew and I met.
Speaker 14: Through the years CBC mostly Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: But you're also like in DC a lot doing things, and so it was really organic the way our friendship came together. And Angela had this vision of doing the podcast and reach out to both of us. And when Angela calls, my sister calls, I always say yes, So we.
Speaker 3: Had an incident.
Speaker 28: I mean it is instant met love and respect for the sister. Who was I mean leveling your biggest beast in the room.
Speaker 3: It didn't matter.
Speaker 28: And to see Angela change the culture for young professionals in d C during her time there. Her legacy lives on with other young dane As live, but it lives on through those who will continue her work and to come to this podcast.
Speaker 3: I think what is particularly.
Speaker 28: Special is not just the long standing relationship that we have with each other. It is that very few people want to enter your atmosphere when they think you are radioactive. Maybe you're radioactive cooling. Maybe you've gotten through, but it is very hard to find the first It's the same is that all the hardships had somehow reached alchemy that you could turn what was what you thought was bad horrific.
Speaker 3: That you're still.
Speaker 28: Mourning and grieving and triggered by you have to be thankful for it all.
Speaker 2: With that said, who determines if you're radioactive? Though? Because I think a lot of times we might care more than other people do.
Speaker 14: Like it might just be you know, society at large.
Speaker 5: I think social media can be harsh.
Speaker 2: I agree. I hate that this morning, but she's right because the social media creates a noise.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and sometimes it can penetrate lazy journalism and drive how newsrooms treat you and how they speak. So and sometimes it like they say, be your own people. You know, sometimes people who you thought were your friend were not at that time. And in the time of fire, I would say, when my show got canceled unexpectedly, Charlott Mane, you remember that time period. Of course it was not Charlemagne's fault at all, for the record, but you could not reach me, like you literally had to go through Angela to get to me. Like Angela, get on the plane, come to Atlanta, and we were like together non stop. And you know, you notice who's slow to return your phone calls because they're playing the power game. And you know, would rather align with like feckless leaders who uphold white supremacy instead of people who never came to you in crisis. But we're always with you in sisterhood. And so I think you have three people here who have been consistent in that way. And it takes a special person, like Andrew said, to stand with you in the fire. But Andrew, I want Andrew to say the advice he gave because I can be a petty you know, and it's like I don't with that person anymore. And Andrew has a really great point that he makes about expecting like acceptance and expecting, and it's like you are expecting, I'm gonna mess it up, But you are expecting a hyena to act like a lion when they've all been a hyena. So you just set yourself up for disappointment.
Speaker 28: No, I mean I so the port about I think tried through the fire. You know, the phoenix keeps coming to mind of going through something and then trying to emerge going through these kinds of things, me the trial, everything that happened post my run for governor of Florida. I had assumed that people who benefited financially personally, who got their jobs, are holding those jobs in those advances because of doings you opened, because you refused to do business with people who did not hire employee, respect the diversity of our community, whose dollars were actually spending. And I thought, because of my presence, but then forget what it meant to lead and represent it as a mayor and run for governor and earn those votes and so on and so forth. But people who can and a chemistry, couldn't they They were aloof disappeared Vamuth.
Speaker 2: You couldn't have thought they were your real friends though.
Speaker 28: No, No, I absolutely thought that these were people who I could go into a bunker with, and I think all of us would have if you pull back the layers. I'm not sure how why do you go with all your circle and whether you call everybody a friend, But these are people had put on a friend list after scrutiny.
Speaker 3: And expect that they're going to be there for me.
Speaker 28: Not because I read something in the newspaper and I'm just finding his heart. No, it's because the person I know wouldn't do what you're suggesting, Praise God, and I'm standing with him in the gap until somebody proves me otherwise.
Speaker 3: It proves me different.
Speaker 28: And even after that, I have grace when none of that shows up, lonely, angry.
Speaker 3: Mad and all that stuff, you know, it's for the birds.
Speaker 28: I'm just so thankful God revealed for me people in my life who would say and hold me and say, you know, you were expecting those folks to show up as you would, and I understand how that happens. But their reaction was simply them doing what they knew how to do. It was their default. They didn't know to perform differently. They didn't know to organize our friends to hold the press conference and call for this, that and the other.
Speaker 3: What they did was they retreated.
Speaker 28: Their safety and security because if they can take this dukee down, then what to me?
Speaker 5: Right, and as the intention of it, that is the intention of it. Don't be too bold, don't be too real, don't speak too honest to truth. We have to present like if these negresses get too out of hand, we are going to castrate you on some level. I think that happens all the time, right, It's important to show like, hey, I'm still here, I ain't never going nowhere.
Speaker 14: We are all still here.
Speaker 5: We're all still standing. And even if like the faces look different, right, but it still represents the same thing. So it is, I would say, Andrew, and for all of us who have ever found ourselves in the public eye in a negative way to the mass consumers out there, don't do the conservative white man's bidding for him. Stops getting both on the internet. Stop spreading salacious things on the internet to get likes, Stop spreading a lot like they expect you to do that, Like we gonna spoon feed this to you because we know that you will be the person to carry this to the community, whether it be right wing talking points or an effort to take out one of your leaders.
Speaker 2: Does it bother you that it's a lot of times in both your situations in Angela as well, where it's the people that look like you, yes, attacking you more.
Speaker 5: It is a problem, that is a problem. Part of it is, I think social media, which just erodes intellects in a lot of ways. Read a paper and stop scrolling through Instagram looking at nonsense. But also even as it impacts lazy journalism, look, the oppressor does not have to look like them. Sometimes the oppressor looks like you. Sometimes they select I'm gonna pick you the overseer because I know you are a weak one who can be bought and sold, and I know I can send you out to the path to keep all the other negroes and in check. And you have to look at yourself, like what side if history steps back and judge me, what side am I on? And look, if you look at history, there's always been that like Martin Luther King was not celebrated his entire life. He was considered a troublemaker, like we don't want you around here. Massive feed us good, you know, we happy. So there's always been those people don't be that person.
Speaker 2: Hi, we got more with Angela, Rod, Tiffany Crossing, Andrew Gillim. That new podcast, the Native Lamp Podcast, is out today, so don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning warning everybody, It's dj NV Charlamagne the gud we are the Breakfast Club. Were still kicking with Angela, Tiffany Crossing, Andrew Gillim.
Speaker 4: Now, Charlama, where did you get your name Native Lamb from it? And Lardy gave me to look like the podcast?
Speaker 29: Yeah, like we can, we can go in. And I think the main thing for us to know is this is radio. We want people to tune into the podcast. We want them to do that every week. It's dropping every single Thursday, Native Lamb Pod.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm gonna tell you right now. You're gonna like that like I've been talking for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 29: But no, it was there's a stanza in James Weldon Johnson's lived every voice and sing true to our God, true to our native land. And I think that the conundrum that many of us find ourselves in is we know that this isn't our original birthplace, This isn't our origin story, so to speak. It is the continent, but a lot of us have never been there. We have been fortunate to go, but a lot of us haven't been there. But this has become our native land. This is because we become our home base, because our folks built this. I say, we built this joint for free, and then moreover, because of the lack of safety that Tiff has referenced and that Andrew's reference. We wanted at home base for our folks to come to every single week. And so when we say Native lamp Pid, we also say welcome home, y'all.
Speaker 4: What would you say to people who will probably look at y'all and say, well, this is just gonna be another Democratic echo chamber.
Speaker 14: I don't know why.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I vote Democrat most of the time, but I am not a talking head for the party at all. I think they make horrific decisions. I think they summarily dismiss our community the same way a lot of the cable news industry does. I think they fail us at every point. I think this is part of another narrative that some black folks have taken in and believed, and that is, and a lot of white folks believe it that black people are so loyal to the Democratic Party. That is not true. Black folks are loyal to ourselves, and the world benefits from it. Society benefits from what we do. I understand the person's perspective who says, you know, you want me to participate in this system that has incarcerated my brother, poisoned my mother, keeps my kids in a dilapidated school, and you're telling me, by my participation in this system, I'm going to somehow fix it, when for decades my life has not changed. I understand that perspective. When we vote, we are not American enthusiasts trying to uphold the white man's democracy. We are voting in favor of harm reduction. That has nothing to do with loyalty to party. We are loyal to our people, and by our people, I mean us as black folks, but also the rising majority of this country, the Asian American Pacific Islander community, the Indigenous community, the Latino community, because this country hasn't been very polite or kind to any of those communities, and so we're trying to be here to advance a cause for the greater good, not for any political party.
Speaker 4: Would any of y'all have a vote for a conservatives like that that wasn't a Trump conservative.
Speaker 5: Conservative policy something that has been overwhelmingly harmful to black folks. So I would I don't know, I don't know necessarily get so caught up in time show democratic ones to That's what I was about to say, Like, there are conservative democrats. So I think anybody who falls under the conservative umbrella those policies are contrary to my survival and to the health of my community.
Speaker 2: So I don't think so.
Speaker 29: I think And you know, we talked about lazy journalism earlier, and this is no insult to you, my dear brother, but I think that what we often do is say we want to break out of boxes, and then we try to find a way to put people right back in those boxes. I think here on this show, what we're going to really try to do is break out of those constraints and really talk about what it looks like to have a black agenda. Thank God for Alicia Garza doing working on the Black Census Project that now gives us permission to imagine what a world could look like that we could live in and thrive in. I think the other thing that's really important is I don't really want to construct another Republican frankistigin. They tried that experiment and failed, at least it failed us. That's Donald Trump, right, like I don't want to build the ideal conservative.
Speaker 14: For me, I don't. I don't know who that is.
Speaker 29: I think I'm politician that well, but that's what I'm saying. I to Tip's point about harm reduction. So for me, I'm progressive. I don't see myself in the White House. I don't see myself for the most part, in Congress. There are several Congressional Black Caucus members who I think don't get the attention and the respect they've deserved because they represent my best interests. I wish some of them would run for higher office, and some of them haven't and couldn't get there.
Speaker 28: Is some of their I appreciate the point around the best interests because the truth is is that most of these things benefit everybody. I mean one of when we say people are out there advocating a legislating on our behalf, it is largely to close a gap that should never have existed in the first place, that exist in public policy society, and it plays out every single day again on this hamster wheel that we're bridging that. But the benefit of that idea, that policy, You can't tell me getting that extra However, many hundreds of dollars per child during COVID for childcare didn't mean something to white folks, Black folks, brown folks and everything in between. The problem is is that we've got folks who are putting lots of money into making sure that all we know are our differences.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, you can't.
Speaker 28: Tell me my state is uber Republican when we had a race in eighteen that came down two point four percent difference. Now I am nowhere near a conservative title. Joe Biden is much more that than I am. And you had a five or six point difference in the less democratic nominee you know, love them, but a twenty point gap, and so did thou demans. Right, So what the hell are white people prepared to hear from us? And in what way do they need to hear it? That doesn't betray our agenda, it furthers it, but allows them to see themselves in the process, because I think that's what we had to do to close that divide. And unfortunately, black voters are the most sophisticated voters that exist, period, and we are going to exclamation mark that point on the program found on that well, well, let's use Obama as an example. We thought he spoke well, we thought that he was well groomed and well prepared, and everybody was in love with Michelle Obama.
Speaker 2: But we we didn't be well spoken and we roomed.
Speaker 28: I'm putting it in a in a frame that I think most people recognize our societal attributes. When you're considering somebody to be president of the United States. He couldn't be no Barack brother, brown brother like me, or Warnock from the South.
Speaker 2: Voter vot for Down.
Speaker 8: I was a sophisticated as the voted it.
Speaker 28: But I will tell you am you you are age range. We carried him when our grandparents and parents didn't believe. Now, when black folks saw that white folks in Iowa and New Hampshire were willing to go there for him, then it changed our perception of what was possible. But black folks, unfortunately, but it is created in US a gift, have always had to consider how white people will vote when considering whether we could get behind that candidate put money there organized for that person, because if it can't if it ain't real. As pragmatic people, we're not going there by and large well supports you, hallelujah, Da da da, but society by and large isn't supporting you. So when we saw that, did we rally or did we rally? There was no turning back. After New Hampshire and then South Carolina, there was no It changed the winds in South Carolina.
Speaker 4: It was different a week before South Carolina. So I'm saying it was a lot of He won a lot of cultural wars. I'm cultural wars.
Speaker 3: I think it framed a whole lot of time.
Speaker 5: The black folks were solidly in the Clinton camp. If you remember talking.
Speaker 4: About inside political people, I'm talking about people just don't.
Speaker 3: Talking about my mother and my mother who were committed to.
Speaker 4: Vote for Hillary first time I ever voted with Brocko Bam period, and billions of others. That's what I'm trying to tell you that President Obama energized the whole group of people who never even considered.
Speaker 14: That's literally what I think Andrew's point was.
Speaker 29: There was young people first who carried him and made it feel like that was even possible.
Speaker 14: Older black folks were like this and it wasn't not just political folks.
Speaker 3: And it was because they were hating. They for us, but they were scared to.
Speaker 28: Make it to your point of sophisticated, why are we because we consider the performance of everyone else, bake get into the formula before we go in and make decisions about ourselves. That's the privilege that we're going to talk about liberation, because liberation is that I get to decide regardless of how I am going in here, and I've got a frame and my freedom requires that I vote for this thing that's gonna lead to more of that.
Speaker 2: All Right, We got more with Angela Raie, Tiffany Cross, and Andrew Gillim. When we come back, it's the Breakfast logo, Morning Morning Everybody. It's dj n V Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. It's still kicking in with Angela Raie, Tiffany Cross, Andrew Gillim. They have a new podcast, the Native Lamb Podcast. Now, I got a question, what is encouraging people out there to vote? Is it Joe Biden? Is it Donald Trump? People don't seem that enthusia this year. Why would I get out and vote and not sit on the couch right. That's what a lot of people are saying, why would I go vote for Biddy?
Speaker 14: Or they're saying I haven't heard, why wouldn't I sit on the couch? I have heard.
Speaker 29: I wish somebody else was running. I have heard that. I've heard it a lot more. It is scaring me, right, And what I hope comes out of this not just for us for the conversations.
Speaker 14: We'll have a native lamppod, but I hope.
Speaker 29: What comes out of this is a push from the administration to do some things, to meet people where they are, meet them in their sacrifice.
Speaker 14: People showed up through a.
Speaker 29: Pandemic for this administration, show up for these folks. You know, it's I'm tired of having the conversation about the Democratic Party takes black voters for granted.
Speaker 14: We know what are you going to do about it? Chairman Jamie Harrison. I know you. I know that you know the sacrifice.
Speaker 29: I know what you're up against with all those white consultants that ain't moved over there. We got your back so half hours, right, I think that it's time for us to really have that conversation more publicly. We've had it quietly because a lot of our friends working there. We want to give our we want to embolden our friends, empower our friends. But now we're at a point where our family members, our friends are talking about this more publicly and they deserve to be helped to.
Speaker 4: We'll attack y'all when y'all speak out against their president. Biden, Well, look, I do the date. This is some real plantation. Don't you talk about mathilistic?
Speaker 14: But Leonard, it might not just be plantation mentality. Some of it's fear.
Speaker 8: I was so I watched him.
Speaker 14: I don't want to minimize that ship.
Speaker 3: I gotta check this time that there was legislature.
Speaker 8: We can't be mad at people who feel like that about Trump.
Speaker 4: When you got these stemmies, check, I thought amount not just the stimulus.
Speaker 3: I'm saying the agenda.
Speaker 28: If y'all, if you have kids and you were paying for daycare, and you saw that that subsidy doubled on your taxes, that it went to a three month, every three month dispersement. Things have happened as a result of this man being in office that has improved our.
Speaker 2: Quality of life. How do you message what what?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 28: You got to remind people and they have to stand in the fight for it. What happened mentioned and Cinema said, we're not going back there, and that was all she wrote. Two Democrats said we're stepping back in the Senate and that was all she wrote. But I will tell you this much, if Biden were running off of his agenda. And by the way, I firmly believe these things ought to exist in society anyway, because we don't get we don't pay people enough to deal with the hell we deal with to catch our breath from day to day.
Speaker 3: We are Native Land.
Speaker 28: Podcast is going to be transformational because I think it's going to remind us of our power. And yes, elections have names on the ballot of people we don't like. Think too old might die.
Speaker 3: Da da dada da.
Speaker 28: But it is unfortunately the system that we are operating within, and until we can coerce that system to looking more like the one that we believe we deserve.
Speaker 3: You don't walk off the field. You stay on the field.
Speaker 28: Because there are consequences to walking off the field. Trump said, I know who's getting most impacted by this coronavirus and is mostly older, sicker, and people of color. I knew right then in that press conference that he didn't care a lick about the coronavirus because the people who were at the intersection of the greatest impact didn't look like him. He didn't care about him, so on and so forth. So if we just check out because we're not getting everything, at least tell me you're checking out from Joe Biden, because on the other side of the agenda, you're getting more than what you're getting on this side.
Speaker 5: I may have an unpopular take here, so I may lose my a man corner. But there is a saying in politics, if you can never blame the voter, I am gonna blame the voter a little bit because I feel like society at large is so caught up again in bulk. And so there are many things that the Biden administration has done that people benefit from. I think one, there's a lack of understanding and civics in this country across every socioeconomic status, across every racial divide. People don't understand the difference between state, federal, and local government, and so sometimes people ascribe blame where there should be none to the federal government too. We have to take responsibility as citizens of this country. It is our job to know when elections are happening, what's on the ballot, who's on the ballot, Why these things matter? So maybe just maybe instead of scrolling through Instagram looking at nonsense for three hours, maybe pick up a paper or maybe Google. Maybe say what has Biden done for Black America? That's a question you have asked that. That's a fair question you should be asking it. I encourage that kind of curiosity.
Speaker 2: Ask it.
Speaker 14: Maybe you will be surprised.
Speaker 5: You can call if your member of Congress and say, hey, got fifty friends at my house and we want to hear what you're doing for us.
Speaker 14: That member of Congress just.
Speaker 5: Might show up.
Speaker 2: Maybe show up.
Speaker 5: To the school board meeting where your kids are in school, where they're taking their rewriting history. They're they're banning books in this country right now. Maybe participate in that. At the bare minimum, you can read something. At most, you can go up and show and show up someplace and ask a question. You can host something, you can be a voice. You can write a check to a candidate, you can run for office. But these things do require some participation from us, not us sitting around whining about, well, I don't know what he did.
Speaker 14: When you have this in your.
Speaker 5: Hand every five minutes, and it's full of information. You can find a reliable source from the White House website itself, to newspapers, et cetera, and be informed.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 4: I just think we're intellectually dishonest about a lot of this stuff based on what party we like, because we'll say things you say Trump did the first step back. Trump didn't do the first step back concented for see, a little intellectually dishonest.
Speaker 2: Everybody is based on what party.
Speaker 3: I think you deal on all sides. Yeah right, he said, absolutely right.
Speaker 4: As you said, google what Biden did? So you want to told you whatever he did pass Trump did.
Speaker 29: She was saying to the question, because people did us come up? I mean even in some of the questions in the comments where I was like, what do you guys want us to address on the podcast, one of them was what did Biden do for black people versus the GOP.
Speaker 14: Now they got a shortcut because they can.
Speaker 29: Look at that speech from yesterday, No, from the Trouston speech, because he had whole lists of stuff in the pulpit and Mother Emmanuel of what he believes he did for like one.
Speaker 2: Of the things he didn't get done.
Speaker 4: The first thing will say is was because Congress wouldn't allow him to.
Speaker 8: He had gotten them done, y'all, Like, look what Biden did.
Speaker 4: That's why I said, it's a little be careful about y'all.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 29: We have this fight all the time, even on our phone calls like I don't like to y'all to me like that again, Yeah, that's what she said. But no, I think at the end of the day, it is true that we will assign blame to people that sometimes don't deserve it when there is a whole process to tips point on civics, and we will reward someone who we need them to win, you know. And I think that again going back to the reason we're here today, Native Lampard, every Thursday, we're going to be honest about processes. We want our folks to be smarter. We want folks to hold us to account. And we say something wrong, tell us we want to get it right, and it's not to be right. It's because we want to be better, We want to be free. We want to walk in our true liberation. If we can get our folks one step closer to that, that's what we want to do.
Speaker 28: Everything as long as we give them a shout out right now, because black people, ever since we've been able to participate in elections and before, have been holding this country and pushing this country closer to its true vision of an American dream and it's principles upon which it's built, enshrined in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution and reiterated throughout. It's been black voters who have consistently showed up to hold America to the fire of the promise that we weren't even designed in from its beginning. The words were there, the actions weren't, and black folks would be the reinforces and the accountability agents to make the words mean something.
Speaker 2: That's right. Native Lamp Podcast.
Speaker 4: It starts January Thursday, and I think it's very important to note that this is the first flagship podcast from Reagent Choice Media, which is a political podcast network with With With iHeart that Angela is the founder of.
Speaker 14: With You and Chris Mile and it is my honor.
Speaker 8: Yes, So it'll be a lot more shows coming down the pipeline.
Speaker 2: That's every week. We appreciate you guys for joining us. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Andrew Gill subscribe the Native Lamp podcast right now.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's the Breakfast fo good morning telling everybodyj n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk Kanye.
Speaker 4: West, name or you gossip been?
Speaker 2: When you chatting? Is the rumor report?
Speaker 24: I mean, I guess We're on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: This is where the tea spells right right now, Kanye West is being sued for allegedly assaulting a man. Now, back on January thirteen, twenty twenty two, what kind of assault? Now, Kanye West allegedly beat up a man named Justin Popowski or Popolowski. Now it's been two years later. The man is suing him for assault and battery. Now, this man is an alleged autograph deally. He they say he goes around La allegedly and looks for autographs and then he flips it and then he sells the autographs. Well, Kanye West actually spoke about this incident with Jason Lee, and now this interview is actually coming back to the forefront because people are talking about what he said in this interview.
Speaker 30: The autograph secret. They're taking the autographs and make money on it. This is the same as paparazzi. This is not a fan. It's someone using your image that probably never listen to your songs. So I ended up getting to an altercation with the guy that wanted to make money off my autographs. And this dude, he just had this like real attitude, like what you're gonna do and this and that. I'm gonna just tell you that blue covid mass didn't stop that knockout?
Speaker 15: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Was it then?
Speaker 30: Was it the taunting, the disrespect, the disregard for your privacy?
Speaker 2: What was it? It's all that, But that's that's what Hollywood be Pay.
Speaker 4: Him, Kanye. I mean, you got no choice, you admitted to it. You have to pay him. But I will say it is a sense of harassment that comes from these paparazzi folk. But I guess when you're a celebrity on the level of Kanye West, it kind of comes with the territory. But you're still human at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Well, the guy is saying that Kanye punched him once and now he's ae fairly injured, including disfigurement, lost earnings, mental pain, and suffering. Yeah, and claiming it affected his sex life with his wife.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Man, you get hit by somebody as rich as Kanye West, you got to put that act on. You got to drop to the floor and hit a seizar an a Harlem shake at the same damn time.
Speaker 2: I mean, I ain't never getting up. I ain't getting up till somebody moved me. Okay, we do have audio of the incident, but we're not gonna play it. But the last part of the incident, he goes, got somebody call the police. Somebody called it poison.
Speaker 4: I can't even move. Please, I can't get up from his position. I am here, I'm not moving. I'm not moving.
Speaker 2: To the police, come the ambulance. I'm not moving.
Speaker 4: And if you let a man beat you up in some socks and you deserve it, Man, Kanye was had them socks on.
Speaker 2: Man, did anybody buy those socks? I think you could pre order them? Think from me, I think that you could pre order. I think they sold out actually on the site, but you could pre order them. I don't think they came out yet.
Speaker 4: Boy, you dude's gonna look so stupid in the springtime with them stockings on. Y'all gonna be out here with shorts and stockings on looking stupid in the spring.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right now, Also yesterday, Charlamagne gave Donkey of the Day to NBA Young Boy. Why Charlamagne, I don't even remember?
Speaker 4: Oh, because he said he wasn't big on fatherhood. He said he's not big on fatherhood. Well, this is what he said.
Speaker 2: If you don't remember, you do have.
Speaker 15: A lot of children.
Speaker 4: You know, I've been around you just to see in a short amount of time that you're a great father.
Speaker 2: How important is fathering to you?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 6: Not really big on it?
Speaker 2: To be honest, What do you mean by that? You're not big on that?
Speaker 9: Thank?
Speaker 2: I mean you're a family man, I see it.
Speaker 31: Yeah, But I'm only out.
Speaker 4: I'm only like in yeah because you well, I don't believe it's a crazy topic because I'm not Anna type like a sugar coat mant it.
Speaker 2: But I'm four oh day.
Speaker 4: All right, said I So that was what he said, My guy blet caps the blet Care podcast.
Speaker 2: Shout the bulet cap. Now he had backlash. Yesterday Charlamagne gave him Donkey of the Day and he responded to all of the backlash house stay for the chair man. Hey, I'm I'm out of that stage or posting that you you want to sugar your time. You want to sugar your time.
Speaker 17: You don't know, Hey, you don't matter.
Speaker 15: A house.
Speaker 12: I got other than that who I don't want to speak on one with that police.
Speaker 3: Other than that, say.
Speaker 4: I can tell you at forty five years old, I don't speak nigga like I used to. I have no idea what he said just now translation.
Speaker 2: I had to translated because I didn't understand either. He says, my house stays full of children. You want me to show you every time I'm with them. It don't matter if a house full of holes in this itch. I got children running around my house. That's what he said.
Speaker 4: Respect, But I mean you said it like he said that on bout Le cav podcast.
Speaker 2: He said he's not big on fatherhood.
Speaker 4: You can't get upset when you know people respond to something that you said. You said you're not big on fatherhood. But let's not make it about n being a young boy. Like I said yesterday, never broke again. Shouldn't be just about finances. It should be about homes. If you come from a broken home, you should make it your duty to never want to be a part of a broken home ever again. And you know, if you're taking care of your kids and take care of your kids and say you're taking care of your kids, don't get on interviews and say you're you know, you're not big on fatherhood and the only reason your kids are his because the.
Speaker 2: Interviewer is that.
Speaker 4: He said, Now, he said that, so that was you, my brother, And bule keV actually said, or I see you what you kids, I see you playing with your.
Speaker 2: Kids, and he says, I'm not big on fatherhood. But lastly, Jonathan Mage's well, he says he respects Kreta Scott King. He got back last yesterday because he mentioned Coretta Scott King numerous times when it comes to his women. We have those tlips when you mentioned do we have to play to describe your relationship. She's an angel. She's held me down like like a carella. You know, I'm so blessed. Okay, Well, yesterday he said, my intention was to convey the utmost respect for Correta Scott King, her achievements and both her personal legacy and the ones she shares with her husband, doctor Martin Luther King.
Speaker 4: Jonathan, you should be all of that, he said, it should have just been for Megan Good.
Speaker 2: What did he say? Say it again? Which my intention was to convey my utmost respectful.
Speaker 4: Your intention should be to pay the utmost respect to Megan Good because she's been coming with you to the court dates every day, and what else.
Speaker 2: Her achievements and both her personal legacy and the ones she shares with her husband.
Speaker 4: You can you can do that, uh to Making Good, to just take the husband part out. But all you really wanted to do is just pay respect to Making Good for holding you down in court.
Speaker 2: Give it, give her all the glory for that.
Speaker 4: Don't bring Caredit into this now, especially after you don't compare the white woman to credit. You compare that little stick figure to the corredita Scott King as well. Okay, all right, that woman looks easy to draw. I can draw it right now, two, three, four, All I needed four little lines one two for the one for the body, two for the legs for the head bomb. Okay, you compare that stick figure to corredit Scott King, and you compare Making Good.
Speaker 2: Credit Scot King.
Speaker 4: Jesus, stop it, Jonathan Majors. Stop, That's all people are trying to tell you to do. Stop even bern thee King told you stop her mama is not a prop.
Speaker 2: One line two, three, four, five, circle six.
Speaker 4: Eight mouth nine. Okay, Pauls and that is your room of report. Now, who get it downcle two man? Four after the hour, we need to talk about one of the most unseerious he had hilarious places in America, Capitol Hill.
Speaker 2: We'll discuss four after that. All right, We'll get to that next door move. It's the breakfast Club. Go morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. This is a miracle, there is no question.
Speaker 28: And there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 8: Yes, you are a donkey.
Speaker 17: The latest on that police killing of a black man.
Speaker 32: Now, the new developments in the deadly spawshooting rampase man yesterday.
Speaker 9: It was a really bad day for.
Speaker 10: Him and this is what he did, and so we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: White supremacist violence is always has been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 2: But I'm also very proud that my wife was white. The breakfast club bitches.
Speaker 19: All right, Shenny, please tell me why was I your Donkey.
Speaker 4: Of the day Donkey Today for Thursday, January eleventh goes to one of the most unseerious yet hilarious places in America, Capitol Hill. Now, I spent a lot of time watching CNN, MSNBC, Fox News simply because some of the best comedy in the country is coming from these places. I know there is folks go for comedy as comedy houses, comedy clubs all over the country. But the best dramedy, which is my favorite genre, the best dramedy, is coming.
Speaker 2: Live from Washington, DC.
Speaker 4: Okay, look, I hate to be the pessimist here, but unless God intervened, we are in the America series finale.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Listen, all great empires follow aged some point, it's inevitable for America to do the same.
Speaker 8: We had a pretty decent run. And I know what you're thinking.
Speaker 4: If you are a minority in this country, you're like, no, we have not had a decent run. Listen, trust me, After this year, you are going to be begging for old America back.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Once this country gets to taste the true fascism and authoritarian rule, we're gonna be begging to get regular, good old racist, homophobic, sexist America back. But I digress. Let's get back to the comedy show that is Capitol Hill. Yesterday, Hunter Biden all right, decided to make a surprise guest appearance.
Speaker 2: To a Congressional contempt hearing about him.
Speaker 4: Yes, Hunter Biden refused to appear for a private deposition on Capitol Hill as part of Republicans impeachment Inquiry and the President Joe Biden, which centers on allegations of corruption by the President and his family. And I don't blame Hunter at all. I'm not doing a private deposition with the ops. Okay, let's do this publicly for the world to hear, because I don't trust y'all. They should have sworn him in right there and spoke to him in front of the world. But let's look at the reality of the situation. The GOP is just torturing Hunter Biden in.
Speaker 2: Order to kill Joe. That's all it is.
Speaker 4: Republicans are given a Hunter Biden, pure hell, torturing him in front of his father, hoping that President Biden has a heart attack. That's all this is. Republicans are on a seek and destroy mission. They just want to hurt the Bidens. And it's hard to work with people who aren't operating in good faith. So yes to Republican Ledhouse committees' past resolutions recommend that Hunter Biden be found and contempt the Congress for refusing to be deposed behind closed doors.
Speaker 8: But yeah, you not talking to me behind closed doors.
Speaker 4: I'm sure all of us at some point have been told if someone walks upon you with a gun or a weapon and tries to get you to go somewhere else, you don't go. Whatever you want to do, do it to me right here. That's the position Hunter Biden, and I don't blame him for not going behind closed doors with people who are clearly out to get him and his family.
Speaker 8: I'm sure that's why he came to the hearing to.
Speaker 4: Let y'all know I'm not hiding, but I'm not going behind closed doors with y'all. I thought he was a complete sucker for storming out, but I'm glad he did because the comedy that ensued was priceless. Now let's start with the congress woman from South Carolina and Nancy Mason. She set it off on Hunter because she was one of the only Republicans who had the opportunity to directly confront him.
Speaker 2: Let's listen.
Speaker 28: First of all, my first question is who bribed Hunter Biden to be here today.
Speaker 24: That's my first question.
Speaker 21: Second question, you are the epitome of white privilege coming into the Oversight Committee, spitting in our face, ignoring a congressional subpoena to be deposed.
Speaker 14: What are you afraid of?
Speaker 17: You have no balls to come up here and mister chairman, point of inquiry.
Speaker 21: Mister Chairman, I think that that Hunter Biden should be arrested right here, right now and go straight to jail.
Speaker 2: You are the epitome of white privilege and you have no balls.
Speaker 4: Fun fact, Nancy Mason and I attended to say high school, Scraford High School, Goo's Creak, South Carolina, dropping the clues bombs of Scrafford House School. She dropped out, I got kicked out, and her mother and my mother were both teachers at the same school. Yes, Miss Mayce mis McKelvey, I can't make this up to me and Nancy cool all right. I disagree with her that Hunter has no balls. I think it takes a lot of balls to show up to a contempt hearing about yourself, especially when you know what the backlash will be because you already ignored this subpoena, and I do agree. It is a level of white privilege and who my daddy is that made Hunter move like this. But it's also nancy what we call caucassidy, unmelanated gall. That's what Hunter was really showing, y'all. He had the caucassidy, the unmelinated gall, the wipe his ass with y'all subpoena, just like Donald Trump has always done.
Speaker 8: Now it gets better.
Speaker 4: Representative Robert Garcia, California, he started going in on Marjorie Taylor Green and he tapped her jaw for showing penis picks that hearings in the past.
Speaker 32: Listen, it's really interesting to hear the gentle lady from Georgia I speak about Hunter Biden leaving, and she is the person that showed nude photos of Hunter showing picks in this committee room, of hunting to this committee, in this very room.
Speaker 2: What the hell is happening on Capitol Hill penis pics.
Speaker 4: Purity is out the window in politics, or should I say the perception of purity. We know y'all have never been pure, but there's no need to keep acting like it, y'all ghetto, just like the rest of the world, y'all just chose to go into politics. There's one more I want to play before I get into my favorite part. This is Representative Prima Primila Jaya Powell. I'm messing her name all the way, yes, but listen to what she said about Donald Trump and what he incited.
Speaker 27: But if we're gonna talk about outrageous things that have happened or things that have never happened, let's talk about the fact that President Trump incited an erection.
Speaker 7: And maybe that too. We Wow, you can talk about that too.
Speaker 2: I guess maybe that too.
Speaker 4: I know yesterday was hump dy all right, but between Nancy Mays talked about balls, Robert Garcia's golden Marjorie Tailgreen for penis picks, and Representative Jaya Pala saying Trump incided in the y'all was extra honey on Capitol Hill yesterday it was a party part.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: Now, I want to know whose erection to Trump in site.
Speaker 4: We found out last year it was the Democratic Senate staffle having sex with another man in the Senate hearing room. So we already know that men insite other men to have erections on the hill. So who amongst us has a ding dong for the Donald now let's get into my favorite party, yesterday's mess when Hunter by Oh we got bought?
Speaker 2: This is the best part.
Speaker 4: When Hunter Biden stormed out the house house hearing after showing up unexpectedly. He stepped out of the frying pan into the fire because there was a reporter on the scene asking all the questions inquiring minds wanted to know.
Speaker 26: Listen you please, I'll answer your question if you beat quiet and let me make a stakement.
Speaker 2: Okay, crack you normally smoke? Mister Biden? What kind of crack do you normally smoke? There's more?
Speaker 8: Where's the rest of it? At that when he asked about what type of crack it was, y'all don't have that.
Speaker 4: Huh gosh, Come on, man, y'all always failed me here. I truly don't know how shoals like SNL are still on because everything is a spoof and real life is funnier.
Speaker 2: Daily Show, Where are you? Okay?
Speaker 4: Nobody makes fun of political news stories better than the Daily Show?
Speaker 2: When are y'all coming back? And with what hosts?
Speaker 4: I'm getting sidetracked dropping the clues bombs to the reporter for asking real questions.
Speaker 8: Okay, the real questions.
Speaker 2: People wanted to know, we do we have do we have that?
Speaker 8: Do we have the rest of it?
Speaker 4: Chet?
Speaker 8: Okay, well, never mind. People wanted to know these things.
Speaker 4: You remember when my good brother Killer Mike was on one of my TV shows that got canceled and he said this, god l because you don't want to sell that smoking crack.
Speaker 2: Constitute. He's right, okay.
Speaker 4: And furthermore, the reporter asked Hunter by, not only you know you are you smoking crack? What type of crack do you smoke? I have no idea. I had no idea that was types of crack? Did you know that envy?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 4: What level of privilege do you have to be able to have, uh, to get types of crack? Is that like a cracking robins folks go to so they can taste thirty one flavors of that fried cocaine.
Speaker 8: What flavors do they have?
Speaker 4: Pistachio, almond crack, strawberry cheese crack, rainbow Sherbert crack, Reese's peanut butter crack, Oreo cookies, and crack mint chocolate crack. I didn't know when we referred to crack as butter. We was talking about pecans old fashioned butter pecan crack. That reporter did fantastic, but he would have really stuck the landing if he knew Kolture. Because you're supposed to end that line of questioning with the famous words of Morgan Freeman playing Joe Clark, go on, lean on me.
Speaker 2: You're smoke cracked. Don't you your smoke cracked. Don't you look at me?
Speaker 16: Boy?
Speaker 9: Just smoke crack.
Speaker 2: If you would have hit him with that, if he would have hit on a bidon with that, ten.
Speaker 8: Ten all across the board.
Speaker 4: Listen, man, do y'all understand that it's only January eleventh of twenty twenty four and it's an election year. I knew the series finale of America was gonna be great, but we haven't even gotten to the good part yet. As the good brother Little Duvall says, if you're not laughing at life, you are missing the point.
Speaker 2: Furthermore, what else were we supposed to do? Okay? I truly believe this is above all of us.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: Only God can fix any of this because humans simply can't. Please let me, Mom, give everybody on Capitol Health the entire Congress donkey today.
Speaker 2: Hee haw he ha you stupid mother? Are you dumb? All right? Yes? Well thank you for that donkey today. Now we come back, let's open up the phone lines. You ain't got nothing. Let's talk parental competition. I'm gonna tell you where this comes from. Shout to mac. Our producer came up with this idea. He was asking, as parents, do y'all have friendly competition? And what does that mean? Well, Travis Balker's ex wife expresses as frustration that she consistently uh tries to outdo her in parenting. Well, what does that mean? Explained? So, when the kids are out with mommy, they might do something else, But when the kids are out with daddy, you try to make it even more fun. You try to make it better. You try to make the experience better with dad than you do with mom. So that is the question. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Do y'all have parental competition? You don't have that with your wife when you go to kids.
Speaker 8: No, why, what's the point.
Speaker 4: We're a family, we're having a good time together. No, you're stupid. So if you do stuff like that, I can I can see you doing dumb sy.
Speaker 2: No, I do fun stuff with the kids that I know that mom won't do like I know that if I take my kids to the jumpark, I know my wife's not jumping around in no damn jump off, but I do it with my kids because we have more fun.
Speaker 4: Yet, we got a competition though, because she's choosing. She don't want to do it.
Speaker 2: That's true. It's not even competition. She don't want to do it. That's true. But that's the question. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We're talking parental competition? Do you have that competition within your family? Less discuss not if it's a family.
Speaker 4: Maybe if y'all separated and you know, you got a house over here, she got a house over there and y'all not together, But it's no competition if y'all are family.
Speaker 2: Why, well, let's discuss. It's the Breakfast Luggle Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 20: It's topic time called eight hundred and five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning. Everybody's DJ env Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Now he's just joining us with talking parental competition right now. This conversation comes from Travis Barker, and his ex wife. His ex wife was saying that she's frustrated some time because he consistently tries to outdo her when it comes to parenting, right, And I was thinking about my relationship with my wife, and yeah, no, I try to outdo my wife. I ain't even gona say it lit because yeah, absolutely positivity.
Speaker 4: I do not. Me and my wife are team and uh we we were just having this conversation yesterday, like there's no rule book or no manual for parenting, so a lot of it is on the job training. And you know, you're if you are blessed to be in a relationship where some wife and a husband in the household, boy yard need each other, because there's gonna be time that you fall short as a parent and don't feel like you're getting it right. And there's times where she gonna feel like she fell short and she wasn't getting it right. But what you have to remember is y'all are in it together. Y'all are a unit.
Speaker 2: We are teating, but yet it is it is friendly competition when it comes to the house, no matter what it is, no matter if we're all out and there roller skating, we're bowling or if we're cleaning the house, Bowland is supposed to be. Like let's say, let's say we're cleaning the house, right, the kids are rather clean with Dad than clean with mom. Because cleaning with Dad, we're gonna play music, We're gonna laugh, we're gonna joke, we're gonna have fun. Are cleaning with dad?
Speaker 4: Dadd ain't really paying attention to the detailed dadd ain't really cleaning. I'm sure that Mama gotta come behind all of y'all and do it right because y'all didn't get it right because Daddy too busy trying to be cool with his parts and his Beijing and his beard, you know what I mean, making jokes, looking dumb. It's just silly, Like I mean, I'm not like competition should be when you really doing things for competition, like playing udo har Monopoly, like you said, going bowling, But competition.
Speaker 8: Is parents and y'all together.
Speaker 2: I just think I think a lot of times Dad's are more fun when it comes to most of my wife takes the kids out somewhere to the mall, they prefer to go with Dad because Dad's gonna have a lot more fun. Dad's gonna eat we're gonna eat the fast food, the food that mom ain't gonna let you eat. I'm not the fun that. I am the angry black father.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm under I'm understanding, but I'm yeah, I'm really I'm the disciplinarian. Not I don't discipline my kids physically, of course, but I am the stop that. No, that's not happening. I'm taking that away.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm not disciplined person too. But I'm also the fundad. I'm the one that's gonna dance. I'm the one that's gonna do stupid stuff. I'm the one that we're gonna have a good time. Went went out with dad.
Speaker 4: Listen, We're gonna have a good time. But I ain't the fund I don't want to be referred to as the fun dad.
Speaker 2: I'm daddy. I'm daddy, Okay, father.
Speaker 9: All right, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 15: Bro?
Speaker 2: What's que Ray from Queens from part of Queens on south side?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 19: Spirit from Garden?
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, north side spring for god cool? You know that's my out of town. But all right, so we're asking parental competition to talk to us.
Speaker 22: Brother, I don't think it's really in competition. I think it's more so like women as a whole, by the understand that when it comes to parenting, like they're just not the fun parent. So like you might be trying to get your kids to have fun, but it's a different vibe when they with dad, like just just because God is bad.
Speaker 4: Now, are you in a relationship where you and your woman are in the same household?
Speaker 2: Are you married? Or yes? Oh okay, good, all right. But that's what I said. When when when you got to clean up the house and the kids clean up with you, it's fun. We're gonna listen to music, We're gonna dance, We're gonna make a game out of it, right, That's what I'm saying. When mom does it, it's too serious.
Speaker 22: Mom, It's like you better go clean that room. It's like it's like, uh, so understand that.
Speaker 9: Like when they get in trouble and they be like, oh, your dad, your father's gonna come talk to you. We don't really want to come talk to you. Mom is baking up?
Speaker 4: That is the truth for your Yes, it is speak for yourself. If I feel you, If I need to talk to my daughters about something, I enjoy the conversation like those are the conversations that I was told just last week that I always lecture.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what I'm here for.
Speaker 2: I'm forty five years old.
Speaker 4: I got thirty more I got thirty more years of experience in life than you. So when I hear certain things that you have done are said, I've seen this before, so I can tell you how it's gonna go. So, yes, if you think it's gonna be a lecture on ted talk, it absolutely will be.
Speaker 22: Nah, uncle Charlotte, I understand that completely. But what I'm saying is like when kids down in the house with moms, right and they get into the little thing and she could have handled it, but instead of handling it, talk to you.
Speaker 9: Now, I gotta get dragged into y'all mess.
Speaker 33: And I wasn't even hold.
Speaker 2: I wasn't even home. I don't even know all the detail. But time out. You know what that is?
Speaker 4: You said, you said, we don't even really want to talk to the kids. Neither does your wife. That's why she said, I'm like, get your daddy hand now. Now we're a bad guy. Now we got we're the bad guy. We're the bad guy.
Speaker 22: Yeah, yeah, it's like, Yo, why I gotta be the bad guy because you just getting in the ball before I got home.
Speaker 2: Now you're the bad guy. But then if you don't be the bad guy, now your wife mad at you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's like you.
Speaker 2: And if you do dad, if.
Speaker 4: You don't, yeah, thank you, Ray, Yeah, my bad, raight brother, queen, my bad?
Speaker 2: Hello? Who's this the morning? Good morning? What's your name?
Speaker 18: Yaa hey ya yah.
Speaker 2: We're talking about parental competition. Talk to us.
Speaker 23: My husband can do her wrong and my kids like anything does golden.
Speaker 18: And so I'm always.
Speaker 19: Trying to topic you hear the truth, you know, say.
Speaker 31: Something bit about something bad, because I'm always the bad guy.
Speaker 33: So yeah, I'm always trying to.
Speaker 23: Even no, I can't but feel.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying is, since your kids say think that your dad, that your husband can do no wrong, you try to out do it when you do things, So say look at you a little better? Yes, God, thank you? Allyana eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We're talking parental competition. If you have kids, whether you're together or separated, do you try to outdo your spouse? That is the question. Let's discuss. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, dude, Brady.
Speaker 20: Let's say if we're all talking about it, you know, we talking about it.
Speaker 2: It's toping times.
Speaker 20: Called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club mourning everybody, it's dej n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking parental competition. This story actually comes from Travis Barker.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 2: Travis Barker is married to Courtney Kardashi and his ex wife spoke out and says she's a little frustrated. She says that he attempts to outdo her in everything involving the kids when it comes to parenting, and we're just asking do you do that in your relationship? Do you see that as well? Hello? Who's this? That's Jocks, Hey, Josh warning, we're talking parental competition. Talk to us.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's plenty of competition going on. I'm a married man.
Speaker 23: Uh.
Speaker 9: I just think when it comes to let's say, the fun department.
Speaker 16: You know, Uh, the kids their dad got them off rip so and uh even when it comes down to the grandparents, you know, it's a slick competition might not be dead. And even if everybody get along, you know, like I said about a very man, But I like the competition because it kind of bust up the morale in the family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. And and the thing is too, is like with my wife, right, my wife's gonna be she gonna buy the clothes for the kids, right, especially the boys. And the boys don't care about no clothes. They want the toys. Dad's gonna get the PS five, Dad's gonna get the video games. Dad's gonna be the one that's gonna be outside in the snow, throwing each other in the snow. Mom's gonna be the one over them making sure the homework is done. Right. Mom's gonna be the one making sure they eat their food. Dad's gonna be the one when it snowed the other day in New Jersey, Dad was outside with with think Mama was in the window right right.
Speaker 34: Let me let me just see this real quick too. And I just as a father, as a father at the end of children's life, I think it's always the sort of competitive in the father's way because it's the what we get out here is the rap that we get in the world. So regardless of what we do, we compete in even if we don't think we compet it.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you brother. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 34: This is D hey D.
Speaker 2: Good morning. We're talking parental competition to talk to us.
Speaker 23: So there is a little competition, but not on my end. My daughter is one years old and her dad and I separated, but she's a mommy's girl. I breasted her her whole life, so she always cleans to me. One the other day, when he was just your child and her, she was just all over me, her usual and she wasn't really engaging with him as much. So he was like, you always want your mama, wait till I get some more money. And I'm like, she's a one year old, what are you talking about?
Speaker 9: I said, what are you talking about?
Speaker 23: He was like, Oh, she's gonna want some stuff from the store. You're gonna go hang out. And this the third day.
Speaker 2: And by the way, that's so whack.
Speaker 4: And the reason that's so whack is because it's like, Yo, even with the money, she's still gonna naturally gravitate towards you just because you mommy, Like you said, you you breast fretter. That's what that's what you really want as a father, You want that kind of bond. You don't want a bond because of what you can do for them financially.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 34: How you doing?
Speaker 16: Eve?
Speaker 2: Good morning? We're talking about parental competition. You got that in your relationship.
Speaker 31: I wouldn't say in my relationship, but as a single parent, yes, I'm dealing.
Speaker 23: With that right now.
Speaker 2: So what does the daddy do?
Speaker 31: No, well, it's it's I can't really say I'm in competition with his dad, but I would say that when my son is with his dad, his dad would kind of more so spend more money, as if like him, spending more money is better than spending time. And it's funny because like I do fun things with my son all the time. So it's not like, okay, well.
Speaker 18: What you do with your dad?
Speaker 25: We did this, we did that.
Speaker 31: And you know, like I said, as a single mother, I raised my son since he's been young by myself. So I just feel on his dad's behalf. He feels like him doing more spending the money is like, okay, you're doing something, and it's like, I don't know, there's no competition, but I just some parents aren't in competition when it's just like, you know, you're single, you got the child on this time, I got the child this time. Where some parents who are together don't feel like there's no competition because you're working together. So you know, I'm not in a relationship with his dad. Just feel like this competition, but I really feel like his dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Always, I always see more competition. I can see actual competition in parents that aren't together.
Speaker 2: When people are co parenting.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, Like when you're a single mother and you know you're a baby daddy, I see that, but not when it's a uni.
Speaker 2: I don't really see competition with couples that are together. I mean like, for instance, my wife is is going out for her friend's birthday dinner this this uh, this weekend, right, so I know that you know, I got the kids solo all night long, right, So I'm gonna make it fun like I'm gonna, you know, have the tents and we're gonna have a sleepover in in the living room and we're gonna, you know, watch a movie and we're gonna do this. But it's not a competition, but I know they gonna be like I have phone with daddy, it's a competition. Before that phone with daddy, you they daddy fool. I know.
Speaker 8: Do you babysit your kids?
Speaker 2: That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 4: Nah, Okay, you shouldn't because you they daddy uber driving?
Speaker 2: No, definitely, parents say they babysitting baby, babysitting my kid. But I'm not. But I'm definitely an uber driver. Listen, man.
Speaker 4: The of the story, the moral of the story is, parenting is not a competition. Rather, it is a combination of teamwork, respect, and honor. And for all the co parents out there, co parenting is not a competition either. It's a collaboration of two homes working together with the best interest of the child at heart. Okay, work for your kids, not against them. Right, have a good day, all right.
Speaker 2: And so all the dads out there, you know them, kids be having more fun with dad than mom. You know it, You know it, all right.
Speaker 8: You don't even sound serious. I don't believe it, so I am.
Speaker 2: I'm not. You come to my house one time when we have a whole thing, Yes, sure, sir, yes, yes, you have a little fun with us, all right. When we come back. We got to talk so much to talk about, so not Lathan, do you remember Miss Cleil called me?
Speaker 4: Now? I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight. Of course I remember Miss clear Whant you disrespect me talking to the listeners. You ain't talking to me.
Speaker 8: I'm talking a young ass listening called them.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get into that when we come back. Don't move. It's to breakfast slogan Morning, the breakfast Club. Morning, everybody. It's dj n V, Charlemagne the gud. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors. Let's talk. So not Lathan.
Speaker 4: All out of names or you've gotship been when you chatty?
Speaker 2: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 24: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: This is where the tea.
Speaker 6: Spells right right.
Speaker 2: Now? I know, don't know if you guys remember there was a lady named Miss Kleo that was a tarot card reader that was huge, I would say, in the late nineties. For you guys, I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight. When you say, you guys we were talking to we all remember miss Cleo.
Speaker 8: I don't play with us.
Speaker 2: I'm just just making sure. She was a tarot card reader and let's play one of her commercials.
Speaker 23: The cards kind of reveal things that you will never see by yourself coming out for your free tarot reader called I.
Speaker 2: Don't even really think she was caribbing. I don't think she was JA.
Speaker 4: Making your accident is as bad as I think. Snai Latens is going to be well.
Speaker 2: Sanata Layton is going to be playing Miss Cleo and the drama Sery call Miss Cleo a right. She's also executive producing the project, which I think is dope because it's I think there's a Netflix documentary on it right now. But I just thought it was dope now, they said in twenty In two thousand and two, the Federal Trade Commission charged the company's owners with deceiving advertising, billing, and collection practices. They said Miss Cleo was never indicted. The company worked in agreed on a settlement I think for five hundred million dollars in debt, paying the victims and also paying a five million dollar fine, and what is clear passed away in two twenty sixteen. Yes, rest in peace to miss Cleo.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm making jokes when I say sonilis an accent is gonna be bad, but that should be like kind of the whole point because it wasn't her accent.
Speaker 2: Phony. Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 4: I mean that should be good, I think because you don't know people's backstory, you know, and I know miss Cleo made some bread.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes. Now, also Tiffany had it. She spoke out yesterday she said she's currently forty six days sober. Good.
Speaker 10: I'm showing this song because I think it's the time for people to get up and do some work.
Speaker 14: I put in work.
Speaker 25: I work every day all day.
Speaker 6: I'm allergic to something out here.
Speaker 14: Some of y'all lay already stopped named it.
Speaker 24: Ain't had nothing to drink, haven't drank here forty six days.
Speaker 2: Which is great. Remember she was arrested in November twenty fourth of last year, so the fact that she's uh staying sober is amazing.
Speaker 4: Driving to bond for Tiffany had absolutely one day at a time.
Speaker 2: That's all you can do. Mhmm. And lastly, a lot went down in sports yesterday when it came to coaches. A lot of people retired, a lot of people left. Let's go to the news report.
Speaker 35: Breaking news into sports that are busy news cycles for septagenarian coaching great. Seventy ten year old Nick Saban retired yesterday, seventy two year old Pete Carroll out in Seattle, and just now the news that Bill Belichick, who turned seventy two in April, is parting ways with the Patriots after twenty four seasons in Foxborough, the six Super Bowl titles. In all that, Let's bring in Adam Scheffer, the man who broke the news. Adam, what more can you tell us about what went into this decision?
Speaker 33: Well, David, this was a situation that was going on all week long, discussions between Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft about how to figure out what to do going forward, what was the best solution. Ultimately, in the end, the two.
Speaker 9: Sides came through leading that they would go.
Speaker 33: Their own ways, and that is expected to happen today.
Speaker 4: I mean the end of amaras Nick Saban, Bill Belichick, Pete ca He stepped down.
Speaker 2: He took an advisory role, yeah, with the Seahawks, fourteen seasons with the Seahawks as coach, and now they say he's going upstairs, which is in the move. Nick Saban seventeen seasons as head coach of the University of Alabama and of course, Bilichick's seventeen division titles, the most by head coach in NFL history, nine conference championships, twelve Super Bowl appearances, and twenty one winning seasons as a head coach some of the best to ever do it.
Speaker 4: Man, I think we're still used to seeing players retired that we don't even realize when coach coaches do, because you know, a lot of of course coaches last way longer than the players.
Speaker 2: You know. But you know, I think sometimes we just don't chick have one year in this contract, so I don't know if he'll go to another team or if he'll just.
Speaker 4: Kick his feet up and relax somewhere. I mean, it's not even the first time we saw this in our lifetime. We saw great coaches like Dean Smith, you know, step down. We saw coach k retire last year, Phil Jackson, you know, Bob Knight, you know Eddie Robinson, Bill Watsh, Tom Landry.
Speaker 2: You know, we've seen it. We've seen it before. Yeah, a lot of them didn't leave the sport, though, they just took other jobs and other roles where it was not as demanding.
Speaker 4: Shoot, I think most of the people are just name left for the most part. Yeah, I still feel like.
Speaker 2: Still did something upstairs with the Lakers at one time. No for the Knicks for the next one time. Yeah, it wasn't a coach, he just was upstairs. And that's usually what happens the retired pass away because it's hard to give to give it up, something away that you've been doing for so long that you still want some part of you still want to be a part of it somehow, some ways.
Speaker 4: God bless the dead, God bless pat someing. You know, like I said, you you the Pasthaway. You stepped down.
Speaker 2: One day. We're gonna see Greg Popovich stepped down. One day. We're gonna see the great Don Staley stepped down. It happens.
Speaker 33: Yep.
Speaker 2: All right, well that is your room reports. All right. Now, let's get to the people's choice mixed eight hundred five eight five one oh five.
Speaker 33: One.
Speaker 2: Another reason why we should appreciate people.
Speaker 4: Why they why they hear it too, By the way, you know what I'm saying, because a lot of times we take for granted this greatness that we're experiencing because we're experiencing it in real time. Correct, But when these legends and these icons decided to step down. You're never gonna see it like this ever again. You're never going to see what Nick Saban probably not in all lifetime. You're never gonna see it again. You know, so appreciate these icons while they're still here. You never gonna see what some what Bill Belichick did with the Patriots ever again.
Speaker 2: Probably, you know right? All right, Well, today is Mary J Blige's birthday, so you know we're gonna start to make some Mary, so let me know your favorite Mary joints will get it on for you.
Speaker 4: We love you, Mary J Blige. You have provided the soundtrack for our lives.
Speaker 2: That's right, and happy birthday again to the Queen Mary J. Blige.
Speaker 20: The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody's j n V. Charlamagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club. We gotta salute Angela Rod, Tiffany Cross and Andrew Gilham. The Native Lamb podcast was stopping through again and make sure you subscribe and listen to the podcast today. It's out today. That's right.
Speaker 4: It is a flagship podcast off Reason Choice Media, which is a political vertical that we launched heir at iHeartRadio. So yeah, like me just said make sure you go subscribe to the Native Lamp podcast. Man, the beauty, beautiful thing about the first three episodes is, you know they've all been through different situations. You know, Angela Rai no longer on CNN. She tells you why in the first episode. And then you know Tiffany Cross, we all saw what happened with her at MSNBC.
Speaker 2: She's gonna tell you, you know, a.
Speaker 4: Lot of behind the scenes things that you didn't know in the next episode. And then Andrew Gillum is going to tell you about everything he went through in the third episode, so you know, definitely something to tune into along with whatever great political information you're gonna get from from from the Native Lamb podcast. All right, and also too, I would like to say, man, stop asking me about the third co host situation here on the Breakfast Club because I don't know, all right. I am serious when I tell you that people texted me, I see people leaving comments on YouTube and Instagram.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: Only thing I can tell y'all is manifestation is real. So whatever y'all want speaking into existence, okay, Because I don't know. Yeah, No, I don't know. I don't know, I don't know. That's my answer. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 18: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. Anyway, you make everything bage. But now that was from the scene of what you call suspects. You don't use your suspects. They was like, say your name, and he was like, well, all the people that watch usual Suspects. No heard the lineup part No Spanish dude.
Speaker 4: Nope, okay, all right, but when we come back, we got the positive notice the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning morning everybody in stej Envy, Charlamagne the guy we are the breakfast club. All right, now it's time to get U out of here. Charlamagne, you got a positive note. I do, man, I want to salut to change your perception. That's an Instagram page that I love and I follow. I just want to tell you that they said something this morning that I tell y'all all the time. If you understood how frequently people cope by projecting, you would learn to take nothing personally. Okay, go pick up the Four Agreements by Domin Gil Ruiz.
Speaker 4: If you've never read it, and read the second agreement, okay, don't take anything personally. And once again, if you understand how frequently people cope by projecting, you would learn to take nothing personally.
Speaker 8: Okay, Okay, do I need to tell you more?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Fine, don't take anything personally because by taking things personally, you set yourself up to suffer for nothing. Okay, because nothing other people do is because of you, It is because of themselves. Have a blessed e.
Speaker 2: Ben't finish for y'all, dumb