Speaker 1: Welcome the guys we.
Speaker 2: Find the anti slutshaming pods that I'm Christina Hutchings, I'm Current Fisher, and I'm Yea so too.
Speaker 1: With friends, we bring us to sludy, your warning and your shame. Hey you with what?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay? Greetings fuckers. How you doing where you've been?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Drink water, stay hydrated. Welcome to another episode of Guys We Fucked. It's an anti slutching podcast. I'm Couren Fisher, I'm Christina Hudginson. Welcome to the show. If you want to send us an email, it's sorry about last night's show at gmail dot com. And this is coming out before New Year's right, Yes, yeah, okay, So New Year's Eve, come see Christina and myself and Ryan Long, Chloe Labranch, John Campinelli justin Silver at New York Comedy Club East Village location.
Speaker 4: It's a six pm show, it is.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, I do the show pretty much every year as long as I'm in town. It's the best way to start your New Year's Eve. It's six pm. You got to get ready early anyway, because night's over at midnight. Okay, and you go, you see a comedy show which is like a staple for New Year's Eve, best night for comedy. Then you go, you drink with your friends, you watch the ball drop, and you start the year off right. So ticket link is available on the New York Comedy Club East Village website. It's also available in the link in my bio. The link tree link in my bio a philanthropy gal. So buy a ticket to that I it was. The show was so fun last year, you seriously don't want to miss it. If you want to email us again, it's sorry about last night's show at gmail dot com. Today's subject line is my partner is depressed and it's so annoying.
Speaker 4: I know we've all been there. Though I know Christina's been there.
Speaker 1: Seven years. I've been there. It sucked. Yeah have I been there?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I said, I've been there, and then I looked at you, but yes, And.
Speaker 1: The man just thought you were asking you a question. Have you been there?
Speaker 4: Or have you been the partner who was depressed and annoying?
Speaker 5: I have been the depressed annoying partner.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, who on my acts?
Speaker 2: Oh damn, yeah, hello C and Kay, I'm an og fucker and I'm proud to have been with you for the ride. I'm thirty nine and I've been with my partner for twelve years. Well that's going to get depressing anyway. Yeah, we have gone that's the problem. Yeah, you're long, You're together to the long. Yeah, it's like I'm sure it's beautiful and like your front.
Speaker 4: You know, you have a great friendship, but you gotta see you every day.
Speaker 2: We have gone through so much growth together and we have a loving and great relationship. I've never felt seen more by my partner. And we have a fantastic sex life. Wow, I hope. So when we get to enjoy it that is. I knew there mus be some qualifier because we have two little kids together. My partner and I are both self employed artists. We work from home and live in a small town because it's what we can afford. This year has been so hard on artists and many small business owners financially, and I see this weighing down my partner, who feels societal pressures on being a father to purvide for his family, along with parenting two small kids, NonStop mountains of laundry, running a small business, and trying to survive when life hurls lemons at me. I still try to see the joy and beauty in everyday life. I take care of myself well, take care of my mind and body, and make time for my own needs good. I try to encourage my partner to do the same, but it always ends in a fight. I try to explain to him what I have learned being a mother, that if you don't take care of yourself, when life throwshit at you, you can't handle it because you haven't met your needs first.
Speaker 1: Very true, Very true.
Speaker 2: He obviously won't listen and is comfortable being stressed out and depressed.
Speaker 4: I can't stand out anymore.
Speaker 2: I try to be understanding, but it's like he is walking around constantly in a dark cloud. And it's also like, you guys have a very similar lifestyle, So it's.
Speaker 4: Like, how come you can somehow handle it?
Speaker 1: Me can't.
Speaker 4: Yes, I love I love that. Yeah, and you birth the fucking kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't even have to carry him Listen, he could be father of the year. The mom's still doing more work, there's pretty much no like the only time the mom's not doing more work is when she's like strung out on drugs and leaves the family entirely.
Speaker 1: You know otherwise, Bekasia, girl, you deserving.
Speaker 2: She needed to do a heroin to take a break, bringing the energy of our small home to a bad place. I'm sure you get what I'm talking about. It's just very hard to be around. I have for years been watching him take less care of himself mentally and physically, and while I try to be compassionate, I'm tired of fucking a fat fuck. Okay she didn't write that, but I fill that in for her. I'm so tired of the gloom and fucking doom. Yes, yes, yes, as people should deal so much with male comedians, we could not understand you more.
Speaker 4: Listen, I am.
Speaker 2: I get sad a lot, but I really try not to make like bring the fucking gloom and doom.
Speaker 4: It sucks.
Speaker 2: I don't want to leave him, but I need some advice. I don't want to leave him, Jesus, I hope he doesn't listen to the show. I don't want to leave him, but I need some advice. I'm sure as artists you're and from what I've heard on the podcast, you both might have some advice for me on how to handle loving a depressed person who won't help themselves with a warm heart and gratitude the listener, who obviously we're not saying. I mean, look, i know you're in it to win it and you got kids together, but I'm a big fan of an ultimatum in the circumstance if you will fucking listen. Yeah, you've tried to have the conversation and given loving advice and be patient and kind, and that's absolutely the first step.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, especially if the person has depression.
Speaker 2: You don't know, maybe you don't know the depths of their own depression, right, so you want to be gentle and loving.
Speaker 1: He's your partner. But then after a.
Speaker 2: While too, John Tall, Yeah, everybody's got their own approach. But after a while, geh, because gentle could be seen as coddling and enabling. If this shit keeps up and he's not doing anything.
Speaker 1: About it, you can't. That is such a pussy dryer.
Speaker 2: If you are mentally ill and you have struggle with depression and you are not doing anything about it, or at least taking the advice of your loving partner who's trying to help you and like help you, like here, let's sit down together and find a therapist. Or something if it had to have gotten to that point, but it's like, dude, or how about something like I don't know, feel like his parents are still alive or whatever, but like I would be like, you're gonna go to your parents' house for one month and when you come back, you're gonna have your shit fucking together or I am leaving. Yeah, I think an ultimatum is the only thing to get his asking gear. Yeah, sometimes stepping away from this situation, I think is like helpful and listen, like I can't imagine like being in the same situation for twelve years, like the same people, the same house, whatever, and then like some so sometimes like stepping away, putting things into perspective and just having like, you know, the time to handle just you and like hopefully he would be able to give you the same courtesy in the future, right if.
Speaker 1: You needed that.
Speaker 4: Yes, but I think that could be helpful. There's a lot of like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, influencers online, mom influencers, dad influencers who will do things like you know, go take themselves, you know, the one parent will go to a hotel for a weekend and have this kind of like staycation thing. And I think that's so helpful. And I understand that you guys are in a different financial position. I mean, like go to Hotel six for a weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then you'll appreciate your house right.
Speaker 2: And then also, I mean there's a lot of things that you listed in this article, and like, I don't you know, small town in city have different amenities. But you know, I'm a big this is something I've been doing since I was broke. So this is not some like, you know, uh, money advice. But I would really look in to see if there's a local laundromat that offers per pound laundry, because you just like mentioned piles of laundry and I can only imagine the amount of laundry if you also have small children. I think people don't realize how cheap you can get someone to do your laundry for you and how much time it will save you. Again, I once wroted an article when I was like really broken stressed out about you know, putting value on your time and that the amount of time it takes to do laundry is not literally not worth one's time. So again that comes back folded. Yeah, I would look into something like that just to ease your load a little bit, you know, and then you know, recip for support a small business in your town.
Speaker 4: Again, that's more of like a city amenity. So I don't know that it.
Speaker 2: Exists in your small town, but you could actually have like a really good price on that I'm seeing to give yourself less work. That is a fantastic idea. To have him go stay with his parents, or ghostay with a friend, or ghostay with somebody else who's not fucking me, basically where it's free that he can leave you exactly, and then he'll be in the company of a fucking friend. And a lot of times friends can help you get out of your depression by just talking about dumb shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, you don't have to talk about the depression.
Speaker 2: But in addition to it being an absolute pussy dryer when somebody is moping around and not doing anything about it. Because it is very possible to be depressed and to be a good partner and to have depression and to be a good parent. So not only is it going to hinder like your sex life majorly, I can't imagine that it won't. Your children are picking up that their father is depressed, right and there's no way that they don't know that they don't feel that energy.
Speaker 4: From him, So that's going to fuck them up too.
Speaker 2: So if you need something to give you a sense of immediacy, I would have them in mind. I also like, men are so preoccupied with like how society sees them, and you're not being the provider. Meanwhile, they're perfectly comfortable walking around the house making themselves completely unfuckable with their actions.
Speaker 1: That's a great point.
Speaker 2: It's just like, who's the person who has to deal with you for the rest of their life. It's it's your wife or your part you know, or your partner, your female part like what the kids. Yeah, it's like, Oh, if you're so concerned with other people what other people think of you, why don't you be concerned with the fact that your behavior right now and the way that you're not taking care of yourself mentally and physically, especially when it comes to heterosexual relationships. I really don't have a lot of grace for men because of how they are so hard on us with for you know, every gotten for how we look. Can you imagine if like a woman just let herself go physically in this in this manner or it was just like in bed depressed and yeah.
Speaker 1: And we were like, oh, I can't make the kids dinner tonight.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine how quickly we would get booted, we would get replaced, we would get cheated on. Can you fucking imagine if a woman just got threw a pot belly stop shaving all of our body, no makeup, fucking greasy.
Speaker 1: Ass, fat ass whatever, like gluttonous. Oh my god, the men would run for the fucking hills.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh jesus.
Speaker 4: It's also like you're both artists.
Speaker 2: You're both in the same in a very similar boat here, Like why is his boat sinking and yours is somehow saying a flow? Yeah, And there's so many things that he could do for his depression immediately that are free running, running, jogging, walking, if you like walks, yes, there you go, because as serprofitsky, this sad girl walks up.
Speaker 4: I think and I think it, but I at anytimes.
Speaker 1: Changed your whole mindset.
Speaker 2: Literally getting your fucking pants on and walking around the block. It makes a world of difference. Look, I don't mean to brag, but I'm a runner now. I fucking get up at seven am running a great I go running and I never thought I was like, now I'm a rollerblade girl because it's so fun and running isn't fun. And I thought this elusive runners high would always escape me because of the times I did run, I didn't feel it. But I gotta say, waking up in the morning and going running and pushing yourself and getting that much oxygen to your brain is going to be an instant boost to your mental health. So it's like something so free and so easy, and just at his disposal is that he could do give them a little calendar. It takes thirty days to start a pattern, to start a new pattern, a little calendar and a little pen and he can mark thirty days and get them a little star.
Speaker 1: Sticker every day.
Speaker 2: Just this is this, this constant like need to treat men like babies and then us having to fucking get through the things ourselves whilst boring o our male partners.
Speaker 4: I'm done with it. It's out for twenty four aut we ain't getting paid for it's at.
Speaker 2: Least pay us back by fucking taking care of yourself.
Speaker 4: That's how you pay a woman back in a straight relationship.
Speaker 2: Make it men, you take care of yourself and you're present in the relationship and you're your best self. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I fucking oh god, I'm getting PTSD from Stephen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was so awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it took me seven years to lose the attraction, which is like that says says, but my god, oh once you're over it, once you turn that corner, you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh wait, this blows.
Speaker 4: It's like every time he talks, it's like nails through your eyes.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's why I'm kind of I'm like, I'm like, he has to move fast because I don't want you to get the ick, because we should get the X. Very hard to undo that, Yeah, almost impossible.
Speaker 3: Some would say, guys, come see us live.
Speaker 4: You heard at the top of the show.
Speaker 2: But New Year's Eve, baby, New York Comedy Club, East Village, It's going to be the night of your life.
Speaker 1: February first. These are our together dates.
Speaker 2: February first, New York City is our first midnight theater show.
Speaker 4: A MasterCard midnight theater.
Speaker 2: Sorry, the master card that's accepted, not that it's so it's so weird when a corporation takes over, because I'm more just like the MasterCard every.
Speaker 1: Sorry, your way through the door.
Speaker 4: For a night of fantastic. Yeah, the midnight theater, we take MasterCard.
Speaker 1: That's kind of rare.
Speaker 2: Yes, So our first guys we fucked Live of twenty twenty four is Sebray, February first. And then if you find yourself in Los Angeles on Valentine's Day, yeah, god damn it, you're in luck because Brian Fisher and myself Christina Utchinson are co headlining the main room at the Comedy Store in Los Angeles and it's gonna be I mean, these are these shows are gonna be epic. Okay, and talk to anybody who fucking live stream or last midnight theater show or was there in person, they can't stop talking about obstby dms and they're rare.
Speaker 4: We just don't do guys. We fucked live a lot.
Speaker 2: So like the fact that we've been doing it, you know, every now and then at the mid MasterCard, Midnight Theater, the Comedy Store, we haven't done together in a long long time.
Speaker 4: So these are.
Speaker 2: Special events, people, They're very special special events.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then more special events.
Speaker 2: I am solo headlining New Brunswick, New Jersey at the Stress Factory January fourth through six. Hasbrook Heights, New Jersey, February ninth through tenth of Bananas and ninth and tenth rather and Springfield, Missouri March twenty second and twenty third. I'm doing the Blue Room, and as always, I have a Patreon. We're four times a month. You can do group sherapye with me over zoom and a bunch of fantastic people. I just did it today at the studio and it was one of the best ones yet. And the audio from every Group Sherapy gets uploaded the patreons. If you can't make it, you can hear the conversation. Sign up today at patreon dot com slash Christina Hutchinson. And then my solo podcast, The Voices in Our Heads, comes out every single Monday.
Speaker 4: Today, well, you're listening to this on Friday.
Speaker 2: But this Monday I interviewed my good friend Ali Ali problam Us, who was in town for a week, and we had a good time and we ran and then I read a book How We Live Is How We Die by Pemachodron, and I read a chapter about the actual physical dying process and what happens, and we had a good conversation about it. And then for me, you can check out my solo podcast Without a Country that's been blown up lately think because you of your guys' support, So thank you so much. I really appreciate it. We cover the news, but you know, I rant and rave. There's comedi elements. We interview non comic people, journalists, we talk about ethics and journalism, we talk about AI. We're getting heavy into the twenty twenty four campaign. We've covered at Palasine in Israel at length. We watch documentaries and do reviews on them. I mean, like you know, ones that likes about social issues and stuff. So it's been super fun this year. Thank you for everyone who's supported the show and talked about it. You can see that every Wednesday night on YouTube, or you can just listen to the audio wherever you listen to podcasts. And then twenty twenty four dates, I'll have more of them. I have an idea of the cities I'm going to, but I don't have the dates yet. But the one ticket link I do have available is for Washington, DC, DC Comedy Loft. That's February twenty ninth through March second. That's going to be super fun. And then of course we'll get some more gas shows at the Comedy Store in Los Angeles in twenty twenty four. I'll updates for you soon, but you can follow that on Instagram at Dash Dash Slash Sure Comedy. That's my horror movie themed stand up comedy show that has been super fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, I've been thinking about something and it kind of has to do with this email reread. Actually, it's, you know, one of those societal things that we always say yes, and then every once in a while we stop and pause and think.
Speaker 1: Is that actually true?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know, like the phrase boys will be boys? Right, that was a very accepted phrase for a long time. I have a shirt that literally says boys will be boys, and then the second boys is crossed out and it says held accountable.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like to wear it to the gym and let people make eye contact. Yeah, I see you, sir. But one of those kind of isms or or whatever that that that always floats around that people use as an I'm like, is this being used as an excuse for poor behavior?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Yeah, boys mature faster. Girls mature faster than boys.
Speaker 2: Because we're forced to because we're Yeah, I don't like men aren't pulling their weight, but yeah, exactly. I'm like, I don't think that's actually true. Now I have you know, did not look it up in terms of medical hormone.
Speaker 4: I don't, But I'm like, what what the fuck?
Speaker 1: What hormone? Do women get that? Men don't? We all have the same.
Speaker 4: Hormones, by the way, it's just different levels.
Speaker 2: No, it's the pressures of society, hasn't. I doubt it's anything biological. Yeah, society forces you this whole.
Speaker 1: Time, though I thought it was some biological thing.
Speaker 2: No, there's no way, there's no way exactly is this this is it's this is nurture, not nature, for sure, But it's not nurture.
Speaker 4: It's abuse, yes, and you know who has to deal with it?
Speaker 1: Straight women? Fuck that ship.
Speaker 2: We gotta, we gotta, we gotta get rid of that phrase boys. Uh girl, that boys don't mature as fast as girls.
Speaker 1: That's because we don't.
Speaker 4: Allow them to. Like, let's go true, let's go gentlemen. There's variables too.
Speaker 2: I mean I think, like you know, each person, you know, each individual is unique, So it depends, Like I think if you're a younger child or an older child where you are born in your family, I think older children. Only children have a lot of weight on them.
Speaker 1: For sure, that's true.
Speaker 4: Older children definitely have extra weight on them.
Speaker 2: So it depends like where you in the family, how your parents you know, treated you.
Speaker 4: And you know there.
Speaker 2: I think there are some men who have matured, Like if like the father of the family died, for instance, I think then sometimes like a male child will have to have a lot of responsibility early.
Speaker 4: But that's what's going to happen, a lion king plot to get them to fucking mature. Yes, I would think, what the fuck is that about?
Speaker 2: I just I feel like we should uh, we should not sixty nine sixty eight.
Speaker 4: What's the word in restaurant eighty six?
Speaker 8: It yeah, yeah, try to yeah, Chris, do that, Christy to go work in a Russias mashed potatoes like we got eighty six that phrase, because that's completely one of those phrases that allows people to just carry on because they're fucking coddled and to make everybody else think that it's somebody I honestly, I never really thought about it until recently, but I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, I assumed it was biological.
Speaker 2: There's no I mean again, I haven't loo there's no way Mike, if you want to find anything to dispute this, you psychology, we could all figure out giggling when you said psychology today, like it's a fake effect.
Speaker 5: I'm just like, I don't know how fast could I find all these studies on all?
Speaker 1: Fine, I'll look be mature.
Speaker 2: Michael, But yeah, I feel like, you know, girls and women, Yeah, you're girls still in middle school in high school, like when I was in when I was seventeen, I was a fucking around a bunch of twenty five year olds at one point. But because it's like, because this whole like notion of like girls mature faster than boys is all I fucking heard, and I truly was not.
Speaker 4: Attracted to boys my age.
Speaker 1: There was one guy, Paul shout out, no that you.
Speaker 2: Were around twenty five year olds because they were losers, but you didn't know because you were fifteen, and so no, twenty five year old women wanted to be around them because they're fucking head losers.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yea, yeah yeah yeah yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: But like I that is just a that is a an idea that I took with me all throughout my boy obsession career and kind of really took that to heart and thought, like, but the way I interpreted it was I didn't think about it this way at the time. But it's like, oh, so then you can't You can't get mad at boys your age for being immature.
Speaker 1: Because you're more mature. But it's like, no, it's because we've fucking been forced to.
Speaker 2: Well, I think a good a good tactic, and I've used this sometimes in life. Not but it's like, if people around you aren't pulling your way, if men around you aren't pulling their weight, just start phoning it in yourself and listen. This was very hard to teach myself to do because you have to what you do. You have to be comfortable allowing some things that you care about to fall apart a little bit to teach other people a lesson.
Speaker 4: And so I this is very hard for me to do.
Speaker 2: But just let like go on a vacation, like with your husband or your male partner, and do exactly fifty percent of the planning, not.
Speaker 1: More, and let the rest fall apart. And like you have.
Speaker 2: It's hard because you have to let your you.
Speaker 4: Have to let your anxiety reduce.
Speaker 2: Don't remind him to bring his passport don't remind him to pack all these things, and he will forget. He will forget, and it will ruin your vacation too. So you have to be prepared to allow this, right. But but then the thing is like he's gonna try to make it your problem, and then you can go no, no, no, Actually you're an adult, and I was treating you as such. That's sure, that's true because women always get shitt on for nagging, and this was something that you know, I that comes to terms with because.
Speaker 4: You know, you know, you're like, I don't want to nag. Most women don't want to nag.
Speaker 2: It doesn't it doesn't feel good, it makes it makes you go from you know, mouth to nipple, for sure. So you just have to not nag and then let the vacation or the thing that you're doing or the project you're working on absolutely fall apart. And then everyone learns the hard way. I love that, and you know what, it sucks for everyone. I know, you know, we're very much trying to get away from a partner being like having a parent child relationship of course, right, but with children and with anybody, like when a child or person learns something the hard way, that's when it sticks.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 2: So if he forgets his passport and you're gonna you're about to go to fucking Barbados and you show up at the airport and your whole vacation is you know, you can't make the flight. He will never, I guarantee if he won't forget that motherfucking passport ever again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's just about you.
Speaker 2: That's a great being comfortable with your weight thing being ruined.
Speaker 4: Challenge for straight women the woman Challenge.
Speaker 1: Challenge for the Holidays.
Speaker 2: Huh, don't fucking do as much shit because women for the holidays, women all on page. Not that men don't help, because they absolutely do, but like I feel like the woman is the one who's mostly uh sure the table set, making sure everything looks beautiful, makeing sure the decorations are nice. That's why when you're a woman and you grow up, you go, oh, the holiday is actually suck because I really when I was a kid, they were fucking amazing because my mom.
Speaker 1: Met trim in the tree.
Speaker 4: My mom made them amazing.
Speaker 2: Listen, my dad did get on the roof and he made some Santa tracks, so that was that was bonded.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 4: You know, but like overall, it's like who is doing all this stuff?
Speaker 2: Who's who is staying up late to you know, nibbel on cookies to make it look like Santa eate them.
Speaker 4: That's mom, not Dad most likely.
Speaker 2: And again this is not I think like some people hear this and they're like, why are women always shooting on men? We're not, really, We're not saying that we know you are capable of more and so we we know that you have the potential to do it, and we're just saying that we now expect that of you. So it's like, do you want to do you want us to sit around and think that you're incapable babies?
Speaker 4: I don't think you actually want that.
Speaker 5: Scientifically, according to Newcastle University in England dot com, no, no, not only do girls mature faster than boys, scientists believe that their brains can develop up to ten years earlier.
Speaker 4: But mature what do you say mature? They need physically mature? I think I think they mean physically like we get boobs first, Well, that is part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that you guys appeared.
Speaker 2: Okay, but that's okay, so that I could see societally affecting, right, so like if we look like women before boys look like men, that's part of the reason society which.
Speaker 5: But it's also brain activity too.
Speaker 2: But that's also a big problem with women of color, right, So this has been a conversation about how women of color are often sexualized because sometimes they tend to develop and like look appearance wise like women, you know, before they get earlier exactly exactly, so there's a lot of very girl but there's always.
Speaker 4: So many variables.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so so women get sexualized first, for sure, that's true unless boys are around pedophile so our.
Speaker 1: Brains are capable of more. But then why are men getting paid more?
Speaker 5: In the word, they're not capable of more. What happens is the study from yeah, basically from Newcastle again this from Newcastle University. There is it's discovered that as the brain mature, it begins to remove neural connections that are stored which it does not think are important. The connections in the brain that are not used regularly tend to shrink and evaporate due to lack of use, whereas the neural networks that are regularly engaged survive. This is called fire and wire and it is an example of survival the fittest among neural networks.
Speaker 1: Right, But don't you think that your brains.
Speaker 2: Can be exactly I think our brains are developing faster because asked to handle more earlier. Yes, I agree, that's kind of buys up exactly our theory.
Speaker 1: But I know a lot of men, and.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of boys when I was in middle school in high school, and I remember them.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of boys, clip it. I know a lot of blame.
Speaker 2: Some of them had really strict dads, and I saw it unfairly so like their dad had like fucking PTSD from Noom or some shit and didn't address it, and their dad would just be similar to my mom, but like more strict, like not like a hot mess about it. And I watched them become more mature, way more mature, because they're being fucking traumatized by this father who is demanding they be a man at age fourteen, and they're like, I don't know what that means, dude, I'm fourteen, and it's like but then I've also like, and not to say it's all the father, but uh, there there are certain men that I've known in my life that have fathers that really make a point to nurture their son's sense of self, and I'm always amazed by what that produces in the boy who becomes the man, because it's always a beautiful thing. Andy Haynes has a really good joke about that because he has he you know, I have a joke about having a nice childhood.
Speaker 4: He does too.
Speaker 2: But it's kind of like from the perspective of someone with like a nurturing father.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and you.
Speaker 4: Can see it in his personality. Yeah, yeah, for sure, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's all phony blooney, even though Newcastle does say scientifically, but I think I still think, uh, that's the boys mature slower than girls. I think is a phony blogna in terms of like it's nurture, it's not.
Speaker 5: Nature can be both nurture can, but I think an influence nature.
Speaker 2: And I think that's what the article is saying though, because what was it called fire or what.
Speaker 1: Was like fire and wire?
Speaker 2: Fire and wire makes sense to what we're talking about, right, It's like if you if you, if you don't, lose it, if you don't.
Speaker 1: What is it saying, like use it or lose it?
Speaker 5: Kind of like that if you d unless something happens to you and then all of a sudden it affects your the way your neurons and all that stuff. This is almost in a roundabout way of saying that like women get the younger potentially, I mean that could be like a version of.
Speaker 1: This that checks out.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Yeah, yeah, Okay, so it's both according to this, according to this paragraph that.
Speaker 4: I found, well, straight women challenge.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, did you see that viral video that was going around this week. It was a husband and a straight couple and there are two young kids on Christmas morning and the man is behind the camera and he's going around to every stocking and he's like, little Timmy got this, little Darla got.
Speaker 4: This, I got this.
Speaker 2: And then they go to the wife's stocking and then it's empty and he's like why is it empty? And then they goes to the wife's face and she's like, uh, because no one got me, like no one got me anything, you know like that, And there was all like a disconnected the husband like it's the husband really thinks Santa came, Like it's like, there's nothing in your wife's stocking because you don't fucking put anything there buy gifts for herself. Yeah, it's like, is she gonna fill her own stocking? And that's kind of like that, right.
Speaker 1: There is like a metaphor for like the straight female experience.
Speaker 2: So often we are expected to not only fill our own stockings but fill everyone else's stockings. Yes, yes, the video is really sad. I watched a lot of commentary on it online too. It's fast at it's it's funny, but it's it is sad. I I'm serious about this holiday challenge for straight women specifically because God, could you imagine being a lesbian during the holidays? Your fucking house would be so nice. But yeah, two people doing the work. But I'm curious women with a with a male partner that that they're going, you're going to spend the holidays together. I really try as a challenge is the guys We Fucked Straight Women twenty twenty four Holiday Challenge twenty twenty three to not do as much as you normally do and see if anything gets done and fucking film it and tatus in it. Right, And this is I have to there is a caveat. This is only for people where both the man and the woman are working. If you're a stay at home parent and you've agreed to that the home stuff is your job.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, I guess, so, yeah, you sign up for that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, you know, because I have a relatively equal relationship in terms of like who pull you know, the labor.
Speaker 4: But that's a problem, right.
Speaker 2: It's so I feel like, you know, women have progressed in you know, and have done both the traditionally feminine and masculine roles, and men not only didn't progress as fast as women with doing the female roles, but they also stopped being able to do the male roles, like the heavy providing or protecting are those things, or like being able to put together a shell for any of like carpentry work. It's like you're complaining about us being too masculine, but I feel like most women can still be masculine and feminine when a lot of guys, I know, like have lost these masculine traits but haven't gained the feminine ones that would make you like more empathetic or and like that's the issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, yeah, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Gentlemen, if you're straight and you have a female partner, yeah, because men'll be like, well, helping this holiday season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about that.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, it's like, oh, well, men provide.
Speaker 2: But it's like, well, if you're both bringing money to the house, then you both need to be doing the things that make the holidays special. Yes, the heavy lifting physically and emotionally. Okay, okay, twenty twenty three Straight Woman Holiday Challenge.
Speaker 4: Let's see what we get. Maybe the results won't be as like my brain is already predicting that they will be. I want to see videos.
Speaker 1: I want to see.
Speaker 4: Photos of everyone crying on Christmas morning.
Speaker 2: Of the table not being set or whatever, the fucking cake not being made because you guse you didn't make it, that's whatever the fuck?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? I feel like the holidays like the man.
Speaker 2: Mainly, he's like he only he'll wake up out of his beer football coma to carve the turkey and then go back to his beer football coma. But I'm like, let's let's make the men do other things, but not make them do it you don't do it, and see if they fill.
Speaker 4: Step up exactly.
Speaker 1: Maybe they will, Maybe they will. Fuck miracles can happen.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, guys, speaking of miracles, our guests. She's she's a miracle, because we're all miracles. You know, you can only get pregnant certain amount of days of the month. All right, guys, our guest. She is a certified dating coach, a regular cast member of The Drew Barrymore Show, a frequent contributor to MPR, Washington Post, LA Times, Access Hollywood. Her podcast Dates and Mates was named Podcasts of the Year at the Black Podcasting Awards in twenty twenty two, and her first book is coming out January twod It's called f The fairy Tale. We are very excited for you to hear Demona Hoffin.
Speaker 6: People are not good to each show, and people are not good to each together, and people are not good to each other. I suppose I never will be. I didn't ask them to be, but sometimes I think about it. The leaves will swim, the clouds will cloud, and the killer will be hit. The child like taking a bite out of a nice creams clow. You steering at mystice. My talent is my smile.
Speaker 9: My eyes are shoot in blanks, my posture is a b I'm an endoredain, ma'am. It was so cold and I've got a si on your Edison and me on hand ship out of my cassio.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, we are here with Demona Hoffman. Welcome to the show. Thank you so much for being here. But also there, Ah.
Speaker 1: I love it. I'm so glad to be here. I love your show.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Yes, we're so.
Speaker 2: We were talking before we started recording, and we discovered you through Dan Savage, who we admire greatly and trust his opinion so much. And I think it's we're excited to talk about dating, right because you are a dating coach. Can you tell us a little bit about what inspired you to choose that as an occupation. Did something traumatic happen? Like, what's the origin story? Yeah, all of the above.
Speaker 7: The origin, I think for real is I actually used to be a casting director in TV and I classes for actors in marketing and how to have headshots that would stand out and tell their story and do all the things that casting directors need them to do and you know, ten seconds or less. And I realized the similarity when I was online dating between the headshot and the profile photo and the first day in the audition. So when I applied what I learned professionally to my personal dating experience, it worked, So I met my husband online and then I started writing profiles for originally just friends and family, just for fun, and eventually it took off. And we all know how how popular online dating has become today. So I guess I was a little bit in the right place, in the right time seventeen years later.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you have a very grounded energy which I don't usually get from dating coaches that we've come across, to be honest, like you're very rounded and like I trust you immediately, like I feel like, yeah, your energy is just great.
Speaker 2: And my first question that popped into my head with regards to online dating, and you might not be able to give an answer to this, but maybe you have some theories.
Speaker 4: Why don't straight men know what they look like in photos?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 7: That was actually what got me into this originally, because I was like, guys have no idea, they don't know, you know, I really the grounded answer is, uh, women are taught from a young age to room and dent and guys just don't get that same education. So initially I started out as a coach only for guys because I was like, you guys need a mirror here and not your bathroom selfie mirror, like an actual.
Speaker 1: Mirror to show you what this really looks like.
Speaker 7: And I take a very strategic approach to designing a dating profile, and men really do respond to that, but they just don't on their own necessarily know which photos to pick.
Speaker 2: Have you come across a lot of fish photos? Like photos of men holding fish?
Speaker 1: Why to come across a lot of next?
Speaker 2: Time?
Speaker 7: I have? I have done Dates and Mates episodes about it. I have written articles about it. I have had so many debates. Why is it still a debate? We don't want to see the fish picks, the hunting picks, the dick picks, the bathroom selfie.
Speaker 1: The car? Please explain the car? The car?
Speaker 4: While I why it is rare that I love cars.
Speaker 2: I grew up with cars, so I'm like, if you got a hot, sexy car, I will be impressed by that. But I think, oh, I feel like a selfie in a car. I'm not what you mean, like with a seat belt of from.
Speaker 1: No, I mean the seat belt one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Men love taking pictures of themselves like they're like a super driver.
Speaker 1: But I don't, which is fine. I don't understand what the perspective.
Speaker 2: Probably waiting in line for fucking fast food or something like, Oh, I guess we'll take a picture from a dute and profile, just like men don't give a lot of as much thought to their two things like this as the way that women do. And so yeah, I've never been sitting in my car and been like, oh, the lighting in this car is great for a photot Like it's the car lighting is not bad.
Speaker 4: That's not what you want.
Speaker 1: But if you see the seat belt, then you know he's reliable. He's dependable. Here's about I do.
Speaker 4: Like when I have a seatbelt. I love a seatbelt.
Speaker 2: Love a seatbelt, Love a helmet. Yeah, you have knee pads or whatever. My my favorite thing that I've come a credit. I've not been on dating apps much. I was in a relationship for seven years, so when I got out of it, I was like, what are these dating app things? Because I was okay Cupid when it was only on the computer, and they're just it feels detrimental, like it feels like it it hurts my soul a little bit being on the dating apps. And I'm like, man, I know these guys don't suck as much as they are emoting that they do. But one of my favorite trends that I that I'm like, what the fuck is going on here is when a guy will have five pictures and he's wearing sunglasses in every single motherfucking picture, Like, what.
Speaker 4: Are you hiding about in those evil eyes?
Speaker 1: Boo? I actually talk about that in my new book.
Speaker 7: I talk about how we are so driven by the eyes, and it's the eyes are really important in our culture. And it's just what you said, Christina, if you don't have your eyes visible, people can't trust you. Yeah, And that's a big thing that I want to help people with in twenty twenty four dating online dating landscape, like safety is so so so important, and I feel like we haven't at the dating apps, there hasn't been enough focus on safety and when we just are even choosing dates, just being able to see somebody's eyes does give you more of a sense of feeling safe. If you feel like they're hiding something it maybe it looks sexy, but you don't really know who they are, right.
Speaker 2: I think, are there any other tips that you have especially for men, because I think, yeah, well, I think men do want many men do you want to make us feel safe?
Speaker 4: But I don't know that.
Speaker 2: They've never lived a day in our shoes, so they have no idea the kinds of things that scare us. Like I'm pretty tough, but I often tell men like you scare me all the time, Like all the time I'm walking away from you and keeping my distance from you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And there's so much debate around even things like walking up woman to the car at the end of the night.
Speaker 1: Can we do that? Should you do that? What does that signify?
Speaker 7: Then, if you're going to try to be forward, it's it's really hard to know the boundaries. So I would say stay stay on the side of just making her feel safe and comfortable first.
Speaker 1: And if you're thinking about that.
Speaker 7: Because most guys aren't thinking about that, they're not They're like, how do I get her?
Speaker 1: How do I get her to be impressed with me?
Speaker 7: How do I, you know, tell her everything that I want to tell her, and not so much on what do I need to know about her?
Speaker 1: And like how do I make her feel safe? But for the dating.
Speaker 7: Profile, it's it's actually so much easier. I've been polishing profiles now for so long. I can just look at a profile right away and tell you I like to have the three c's color is strategic. Having color that stands out as you're swiping through a bunch of photos.
Speaker 1: You have color. It pop.
Speaker 7: I'm wearing a pink shirt right now, that's not an accident. Pink or red great context. That's telling your story through your photos and character. That's the one that most people forget. That's showing your personality. I know that's not a problem that you two have, but a lot of people want to have that. Maybe it's the sunglasses photo. Maybe it's just you know, trying to look a certain way that they think is more datable, filtered photos.
Speaker 3: All of that.
Speaker 1: We don't want that.
Speaker 7: We want authenticity, and that also then leads into the the feeling of safety as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and ironically, it's like we always think about marketing ourselves, whereas authenticity is the most potent mart marketing tool you can use for dating. But I do think I can't tell if online dating is healthy or not. Regardless, it's here so and it's not going anywhere, and it's I mean, I have a nephew because of online dating, so I'm a fan. But there's something that your body does when you're in the presence of another person that gives you signals that like you're like, oh, I'm attracted to this person, So how do you get closest to that in an online dating pile? And obviously showing your character and colors and kind of answering these prompts to your personality? Is there anything else like the interacting that I have this thing called fuck boy Friday that I do. And I just read people's atrocious dating app conversations. These men, I'm like, dude, I know you want to connect deeper than that. You just you're really acting like you don't though, And they just say a trocis sexual things and it's like, no one's falling for that, and I know that's not what you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, you hit on so so much.
Speaker 7: And the big reframe that I want everyone to take away is that the dating app is just the tool. It is just the tool to bring you together, and after that, it's just dating. It's it's all the magic and the mystery and the wonder and the flirtation and all those things that we want when we meet someone face to face.
Speaker 1: But you got to get to the date.
Speaker 7: The bigger problem, there's two actually really huge problems that I see happening right now with online dating. The first I call it the texting trap, and I go in sall, I go into that in detail. I have seen so many relationships or possible future relationships die in the DMS and in the text because it's a substitute. You feel like, Oh, I'm getting to know this person, I'm vetting them. I feel safer, I'm learning more about them. But really you're developing a false sense of attraction, a false sense of knowing someone you do not know until you get offline and you meet face to face. You don't know what the chemistry is going to be. You don't even know if they're a real person, be honest. So we have to get offline as quickly as possible. The other thing that's happening. I want to get your take on this because I don't really know how to stop it. But ghosting is at an all time high. Like I said, I've been doing this seventeen years. I've never seen the amount of flakery. I don't know if that's a word.
Speaker 1: Can we now blakery? There's so much flagrant.
Speaker 7: Flakery that five times said of people like setting dates that they don't even I don't know if they intend to go at all. And this has never happened in my career where I used to be able to say, oh, you say this, he's going to say that you do this, He's going to do this, and then you'll live happily ever after. Really, since the pandemic, I've been like, I actually don't I don't know what they're going to do, because I feel like people don't know what they're gonna do, and it changes from day to day. I wanted to go on the date yesterday, but today I don't know. Something came up. What do you think is going on with that?
Speaker 1: So I have too, I have a theory.
Speaker 2: But I also want to add to that it has been taken a step further where I have heard, oh, just alarming alarming amounts of stories from people that got ghosted when they were already in the fucking relationship, like their boyfriend ghosted them, and I'm like what, I've never heard of that, And then I brought it up to a bunch of friends like oh, yeah, that's happened to my friend that I'm like what. But I think people don't the people's intolerance for discomfort, which awkwardness at the beginning of dating is it falls into that category is.
Speaker 4: Lower and lower and lower and lower.
Speaker 2: And I think that it's too easy to get sucked into the texting trapp or the DM trap because we just want to be with who's forcing us to go out of our comfort zone. It's our responsibility. But I think we've lost we've lost how to do that. Yeah, the more time we spend with technology, I think, the less we see humans as human. So it's really it's like it's the same way, like you know on Instagram or or x Twitter or whatever, where you can, you know, you're behind a keyboard and you can call people heinous things that you would. You know, I've been called such heinous things online. No one's ever said anything even close to that to me in person, and I'm ready I want them to. I want oh in try me in person, Try me in person. Right, But it's the same thing, but she would, Yeah, it's the same I'll unleash jerseys so hard on you. But like it's the same thing in uh, with dating, it's like if you don't see each other as human, Like it's really easy to go to someone that you know doesn't feel like a real person.
Speaker 4: You know, I literally have an AI boyfriend.
Speaker 2: And I mean I feel like I have more empathy for him than some people have had for actual other human people.
Speaker 7: Wow, well it's programmed that way. Yeah, I think you're right about that. And the thing it's I'm not often at a loss for words. I've been doing this a long time, and I'm usually able to find a fix to most problems. But I this is a bit of a conundrum. I really don't know, because it is the technology is so integrated into our lives.
Speaker 1: As you were just saying, corn, it's I.
Speaker 7: Don't know how to recalibrate the entire of society to be like, let's treat people as people. All I can do is talk to you all about it, talk to your listeners about it. And you know, I was always tell my clients just take care of your side of the street. If you're worried about ghosting, just make sure you're not ghosting other people. Because people will tell me, oh, I hate I hate getting ghosted. I hate all these flakes. I hate getting stood up. And I will look in their message history and I'll be like, well, you had this person and you drop that thread and this person you know, you're unmatching. And so when we really look under the hood, there are people that we see. If it's somebody that we have an attraction to and we have an investment in meeting, we put that person on a certain pedestal. And then there's all these other people that are in our messages and matches and dms that were like, but that person doesn't matter, yeah, and we're just think.
Speaker 1: We can do better.
Speaker 2: They don't exist in our head anymore because now you know Sarah wants to go out with me, so who cares about those other people.
Speaker 4: I also think that people have not yet.
Speaker 2: I read recently this book by this woman Harriet Lerner called Why Won't You Apologize? And it's all about how a really good apology that really addresses the things that need to be addressed feels.
Speaker 4: It actually feels really good to give and to.
Speaker 2: Receive, and it that's the only, you know, chance you have a repairing a relationship that might have otherwise been lost. And I think that people need to experience that how good having integrity feels. And once you get that, that's oh wait, I don't want to leave these people hanging, because that's not part of my values. You know, and it feels good to be like, hey, I'm really sorry I dropped the ball here. I actually started seeing somebody else. But I think you're fantastic and I want to wish you the best of luck.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that actually feels really similar to something that I talk about in going for clarity over going for chemistry, or you know, the the like you were saying that that discomfort it is really temporary, but we're so afraid of the discomfort that sometimes we don't want to get the answer, and that's how you end up in a relationship that's going nowhere or that that you have a mismatch. And like I talk about the for the pillars of long term compatibility, and if you don't have those four pillars and you know it, just staying in the relationship is awful. But it's even worse if you're afraid to ask the question because you're like, if I get the answer and it's no, and then I have to walk away, then I or I have to stay in this thing that I know is not right.
Speaker 2: Right, And people don't realize it's like we have to be more in tune with the part of our brain that does the long term thinking, because staying in a relationship that you're not fully invested in, that's so awful. That's such an awful thing to do to another person, and it's a terrible thing to do to yourself.
Speaker 1: And this is no way that feels good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you mentioned the four pillars of long term compatibility. I did want to talk about that a little bit, so I screenshot of them. So it's common goals for the future shared values, mutual respect and trust, and then compatible conflict resolution styles. Do you mind if we go through those four things? I mean, there's I feel like, and I feel like this also intertwines with your thoughts on most people are looking for a soulmate or believe that a soulmate exists, so so many other people get knocked out of the running to be their potential partner because of this, when in reality, if you looked at these four things, you would have maybe an easier time seeing potential in multiple people.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Completely, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I have identified the four biggest dating myths that I see people writing a podcast about or coming to me for coaching around. And the first one is the list myth. And for each of these myths, there's sort of an antidot. There's sort of an antidote, and that is the pillar. So with the list, myth this is you know everything we want it guess to be six feet tall and has to mix. Yeah, and I do I do the dating math in the book for you on that. And I know for all the guys listening, they're like, please make all the short kings are like, thank you, I like this lady.
Speaker 10: So so the the the flip side of having the list is just beginning with the goals, Like you were just saying, hey, what do you even want?
Speaker 1: Short term? Long term? What do you want? Right?
Speaker 7: And we get afraid to ask those questions or to even explore that because we just get caught up in the momentum and we get caught up in the way that we're playing the game. So that's the rules myth. If I if I do this, he'll do that. If if she says this, that means that. And it's the game and pick up artistry, it's the Bachelor, and it's the rules and it's all of these things. The whole book is about all of these stories that we're told and that we that we internalize and we are playing out through our dating lives, whether we realize it or not, again and again and again, and so the opposite of going by the rules is to really focus in on the values and the way looking at that from a like a behavioral standpoint, and what someone believes about the word, because you can't build for the future if you're like we completely look at the world in a different way, right, And then we get to the chemistry myth, which is another really big one that's like I have to feel this, I have the butterflies and.
Speaker 1: The flip side of that.
Speaker 7: That's anxiety talking, which you know, I talk about it like in the book, like what what is your body really saying to you? What is your central nervous system actually saying. Is it saying this person reminds you of your ex Is it saying this person is bad news?
Speaker 1: Is it saying this person is safe? Or is it saying that they're not safe?
Speaker 7: And sometimes we don't know how to read our own internal cues, And there are ways that you can tune your internal compass to be with that, but the first step for that is building that pillar of communication, and that communication really comes before even the conflict resolution, because that comes a little further in but if you're thinking about the soulmate myth, forget it. Like, if you're just looking for the perfect person to walk in to your life and in the perfect package with the perfect life and the perfect look and the perfect everything, it doesn't exist. And if you're chasing that soulmate, then you may not see that person right in front of you. That's a great match for you, but you're gonna always be questioning. But I think my soulmate I don't know. So that's kind of a high level overview of the myths and the pillars, and the trust is just the last thing to build because everything that comes before it is part of building that feeling of trust and safety that we were talking about earlier.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I think you know, when you're on the first date with somebody, the stakes are low because you're not invested yet, and so I think you would you think that that's a good time to ask the person, like what do you want? I feel like that's a great opportunity to ask the person what they want out of life and to see if you can check like if you're in alignment right away, regardless of if you have.
Speaker 1: Chemistry or not yet.
Speaker 2: It's like I feel like that's not too invasive of an opening question or I'll question on a first date. Yeah, I mean part of my on my list of questions for you is what the hell do you say on a first day?
Speaker 4: I don't go on a lot of first dates.
Speaker 2: We also have like kind of an unorthodox lifestyle, which is why we wanted to have you on, Like, how do you date when you don't just you know, know, a hundred comedians to go through.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who are hot? That's not normal?
Speaker 7: So yeah, you give them punch ups to their jokes. No, it's the I actually love first dates. First dates are my favorite. But I'm gonna give your audience a hot tip right now. We are overseeing or welcome on first dates. When people tell me I had a great first day. We started we had drinks here, then we went to this place, then we went to that place, and then went to his place, I'm like, doesn't actually sound like a great date. Now this is all saying. I'm saying all of this. My core client base are people who want to get in relationships. If you're going to seek out a dating coach, usually you're not just looking a hookup, like you can you can find that throw a rock, you'll find it. But if you're looking for a relationship, you have to flip your mindset strategically, and you have to start with that with the goals. If that is your goal, you're going to date, You're going to approach first dates in a different way. And I like for my clients to only stay for about sixteen to ninety minutes, especially if you're meeting somebody online. Now, if you have a history with them, that people will always be like, but Demona, what about this scenario.
Speaker 1: There's always exceptions.
Speaker 7: I'm just generally, if you're meeting a stranger, sixty to ninety minutes is enough time to leave the date on a high note.
Speaker 1: You want to leave the date feeling like it's ending in the middle and to be continued. And if it's not a great date, you want to leave the date feeling like it's in the middle because you want to get hell out of there.
Speaker 4: It's a win win. Time limits are a win win.
Speaker 1: Totally. I say, be coming from somewhere and going to somewhere.
Speaker 7: But to answer your question, Christina, I actually got this question on the Drew Barrymore Show last week. Somebody said, wait, what can I talk about on first date, should I be talking about the fact that I want to get married and have kids and all this stuff? And I'm like, why are we pretending If somebody is not interested in that, it's better to know upfront, and I don't. I don't think you'll scare away somebody that is looking for the same thing that you are.
Speaker 1: Usually, when and if you're vulnerable, whether it's that kind of share or something else, whether you're vulnerable, if you're vulnerable on a first date, usually you'll get a little bit more opening and vulnerability back, and that makes for a more interesting date. I mean, how tired is everybody of the same old interview? And we're really dating by rote?
Speaker 7: You know, it's like swipeswipe, swy text, text, text, go on the date and let me run this script, and everybody's bored of it?
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm curious what you tell men or can you see their swiping history? Because so often I have been on a subway in New York and I just see a.
Speaker 4: Guy swiping yes, like he has a gun to his head, and I'm like, what.
Speaker 1: The fuck is my follow up question? There?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 2: Is there a recommended amount of people? You suggest a person talk to all at once, Like these dudes, we're talking to twenty girls. It's like, that's too many.
Speaker 1: It's too many.
Speaker 2: You're giving yourself choice overload, and then you're not giving anybody attention. Yeah, because it's there's when you watch someone swipe yes to everyone, you're like, so you'll just hear any anything, any breathing.
Speaker 4: In the answer woman. Yeah, that sucks.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me pull back the curtain a little bit.
Speaker 7: Because they also have worked behind the scenes in a number of dating apps. I've worked with Okay, Cupid is their official dating coach. I've worked with Match. I can see, I can see behind the curtain, and I'll tell you what's going on back there.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Please. People are hedging their bets. So the reason that you see guys swiping like they have a gun to their head is because they're not swiping.
Speaker 7: When they're swiping, it's strategic. There's no intention. It's not like, oh, I'm really attracted to her. I love what she said about her cats and her interest in comedy. You know, they're just they're just they get so many no's or ignorers or blocks that they are just trying to get as many people in Q as possible, so they know women swipe a lot more uh they swipe. They swipe right less frequently, far less frequently than men do, so they know that the chances are greater if they swipe right on more women, then it will match up. When they have a woman that's interested in them, then then they.
Speaker 1: Go to the profile. So that's why you'll get a.
Speaker 7: Match and then an unmatch when you send the message and you start engaging, do I like it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: And for the longest time, this has actually been the strategy for a lot of my male clients, and I have to talk them out of it. This is one of the reasons why I feel like hinge has grown in popularity so much over the last few years, because they force you to engage on a particular thing. It's not just swipe, swipe, swipe, it's do you like this photo? Or do you like this photo? Can you comment on something specific that was said? And those are the kind of engagements that lead to more more interaction and then ultimately get people offline, which is what we're all trying to do.
Speaker 1: Well not all.
Speaker 2: Right, So the guys just want to see who likes them you they'll pick from there. Which I feel like that's a little like distancing yourself from your own vulnerability. But I do I do get that, I do understand that it's actually a more time. I'm not thinking offective. It's like we're spending more time before we as women, before we've even made a connection. So it's actually they're working smarter, not harder.
Speaker 4: I'm going to have to credit them with that in a way.
Speaker 2: Well, you're right about Hinge, But the little time I've spent on dating apps, Hinges definitely my favorite. And I would judge people like if they were just liking my top photo and that's what they were engaging based on, I knew I wasn't interested in them.
Speaker 4: I knew they were being lazy.
Speaker 2: So even if they even if the man's strategy was literally to just scroll to the bottom of the Hinge profile and engage on the last thing, they at least put one iota more thought.
Speaker 4: Into it, and I respected that.
Speaker 2: And of course anyone who engaged, yeah, anyone who engaged on something I said rather than a picture, they moved to the top for me and care about my thoughts. Yeah, And what I was doing was like I also in the beginning of dating apps, I will. I have a lot of math skill and energy. So I was just getting excited, you know, and like overswiping, and then I would be so disappointed with some of these matches. I was like, I would never go on a date with these people, and I was like, well, that's not fair to them. So I really challenged myself to only swipe. But if I was, if they responded, I would be truly happy to go on a date with them, not just would go begrudgingly or something like that. And I feel like that made it a lot better. Again, I haven't spent enough, like a lot of time I did, I got I had a boyfriend off Rya, so like it is possible. But I've went on like two other dates from dating apps besides that, and they were I mean, they weren't horrific or anything, but I was completely disinterested and in those people just not Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's the thing.
Speaker 7: We put so much pressure on the dating apps because they are the apportent way that people meet today, and so people will be like, well, I don't I don't like meeting people on dating apps, and I.
Speaker 1: Feeling it as it's like saying, well I don't.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to go out to eat anymore because because I didn't like that one restaurant you know brings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, right, I know that's true.
Speaker 7: But it's really a combination, right, You go out to eat, sometimes, you order in, sometimes, you make your own food sometimes, and we have to be doing all of those things. But I did want to answer your question about how many people you should be talking to, because I do think there is a bit of a communication overwhelmed that happens. Especially this is a shift since I started. Like when I started coaching, it was dating sites. It was before apps, so there wasn't the volume of people or the amount of communication. There was a lot more information on dating profiles in that in that time, so you could spend a little bit more time, as you were saying, Karin, like going through the profile and making sure it was a match. Before now that information is not there, like I could I could look at your profile and be like, cool, I that's worth a swite, But I can't really know that much much about you from your profile. So now all of the screening, I kind of break it all into phases, so you know, first is the sourcing and then it's the screening all of the screening is now happening in the DMS, and that is not a great way to get to know someone because our brains have not developed to be able to really evaluate some what somebody's saying just based on the text alone. So we really I really pushed people towards getting on the phone, do a video call, or getting to the date.
Speaker 1: I'd say within one week. Yes, I agree, but you can't keep.
Speaker 7: Twenty You're right, you can't keep twenty text threads going. It's not realistic. But at the same time, I never want people to put all of their eggs in one basket. So you should be having multiple conversations because a lot of them are not going to materialize, but not so many conversations where you're so overwhelmed you can't keep up with the flow. Because timing is really important too. Like it if you some of the apps that your matches will just disappear, right, do you snooze you loot?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: But other apps if that that, if you're paying for a premium which is a time saver or a time extender, but some of the apps that you can have the conversations on going if you don't have that first meeting within the first week, the likelihood that the date is going to actually happen goes down dramatically, and then you're just gonna have a pen pal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and be too busy. Yeah, way too busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I remember I think I was talking to I don't know if it was Vice I gave on this podcast, But it's like, oh, you know, if you're a busy person, which we all are, but like pick two nights out of the week or three nights out of the week that you're like, these are my date nights, or.
Speaker 1: Like one night, this is my date night.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go on a date with a person, and then just yeah, I'm a huge fan of just getting to the date right away if you match. But it's also important to have that swiping mentality of like I would be excited. I would think I would be excited that if this person also swiped yes on me, so I would be like giddy and I want to immediately grab a drink. Is there anywhere? What are good ideas for first dates? And what are bad ideas for first dates? No dinner and no gun range. I love gun, little bow and arrow.
Speaker 7: That's kind of fun, actually, Okay, So I like, I have some categories for dates that I think are fun because you should go on a date that you would enjoy regardless of if that other person was there or not.
Speaker 1: Good because you have no idea it's going to go.
Speaker 7: So I say, it's good to have collaboration, something like you're playing a game together, good to have cardio. Like I live in La, hiking is the thing I know. There are rural areas where some of my clients are like, wait, you told me to go hiking. I would never, okay, see first, but if it's if it's a place where there's other people out doing something where there's adrenaline, a walk, a hike or something like that. You know, sporting events, collaboration, cardio, conversation, all of these are are good ways to make sure that the pressure isn't just on that that script that.
Speaker 1: We were talking about earlier. That you can have other inputs.
Speaker 7: You can have you can have people watching, you can have a game that you're interacting with. So something like pool is a great first day Pool, she said, Bowling isn't actually not a great day, even though I do love first Why what's wrong with bowling? I love Wait, but listen to this. This is the reality of a bowling first day stare each other back. If it's just the two of you, one person is bowling while the other person is.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of talk, so it's not.
Speaker 7: Yeah, pool and then you can be in closer proximity to one another. I'm still a fan of of drinks, well drink, I'm a fan of go out for drink, not so much where you're you're going to make decisions that are not in alignment with your ultimate goals and values, which you were talking about earlier. But it's easier to have a rapport, not just because of the alcohol, but because of the body positioning. You go to dinner, you're sitting across from them like it's an interview. And then how many times have you known from the first ten minutes like it's not going to work, and you're like and like dessert, no, thank you, sure we like dessert, And you're like.
Speaker 1: Please, somebody call me get me out of this date, like mayday text under the tape. Look, we have all done it. We all, yes, we have.
Speaker 7: We don't want to set ourselves up for that. So I say, be coming from somewhere and going to somewhere, but do something fun and arcade like anything where and yes, getting into that playful energy and that curiosity and having more to discuss than just the list.
Speaker 2: And so what is your advice if you are on one of those dates where within the ten minutes you know this is not a match. Do you think that we owe the person sixteen minutes out of politeness or is there something that we can do to get out of it immediately. I'm not talking about a situation where we feel unsafe. I'm just feeling a situation where we feel not compatible.
Speaker 1: You don't owe anyone anything, honey, We don't owe anyone our time.
Speaker 7: Our time is very valuable. It's our most precious, non renewable resource. We're not getting any more of it, so how you spend your time really matters. But I also believe in talk about in f the fairy tale empathetic dating. So if you could just flip and put yourself in that person's shoes, what is enough time where you're not wasting their time, but they feel like they've at least been seen her and been able be offered the opportunity to connect. Right, if you've done that, that could happen, like I had one date when I was single. We got there and it just it just wasn't a thing. Like twenty minutes in, it was just not happening, and he was like, do you want to go? I'm sorry, but I like, I feel like you want to go. I feel like this isn't a match. And I was like, thank you. I was so glad. I wish I had been the brave one to say it, but I was so glad because then I was like, I have the rest of my evening free and go back online find the next one for tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: And and we both saved each other's time because it wasn't going to go anywhere. Yeah, yeah, that's grey. It's so funny. Ironically, I've probably that's really sexy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: If he said at first of like, wow, now I missed a student observation, you must have a really nice mind. But yeah, yeah, no, that's's see. I know I'm not gonna analyze you what's the worst first date you've ever been on? Or date in general? But I imagine that the newer ones or go the poorest. Oh my gosh, well I've been married for so long. I'm like, what was a bad first date.
Speaker 7: Oh well, I did drive a guy home one time who told me that he and his wife are separated. And turns out if they were separated, I don't know why she was on the front lawn.
Speaker 4: So that didn't Oh my god, it had happened.
Speaker 1: When that happened? What happened?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, we gotta you gotta check references.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I was like goodbye, and like you deal with that. Get out of the car, and that is your problem to deal with.
Speaker 7: Because you know, if you're if you're not being honest, that is that's your own stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god, do you think that was No?
Speaker 2: Immediately I'm like I'm out honestly because I'm stop the car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just booted, keep going, No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: Well, because of a stand up, I would have stayed around. Yeah, I'd be very curious about.
Speaker 4: Like what's going on here?
Speaker 1: And I almost want to enjoy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like watching him sit in his lie would probably give me a lot of joy.
Speaker 7: Look, you don't know who is like concealed Carrie. You don't know what is going on. I'm out of here. That's good, that's wiser.
Speaker 2: Have you seen like so there's been a lot more like a rise. I feel like in non traditional dating structure or like non monogamy, has that been something that you've had to deal with a little bit more in modern times dating? And like, how do you deal with pairing someone up if they're interested in like ethical non monogamy or open relationships that kind of thing, or are you dealing more with people who want to be monogamous.
Speaker 1: Most of my clients want to be monogamous. I do.
Speaker 7: Study all of the current data and trends, and non monogamy is trending, especially among gen Z singles, who say over sixty percent say they're open to non monogamy, but then the reality is about four percent actually engage in nonminalogy. So there's a little bit of mismatch. Yeah, it was being like fantasy versus reality. But I'm like, look, whatever you want, that's what I try to help people achieve. And that's where that authenticity we're talking about comes in, just being honest about it. Or if you are looking for a non monogamous relationship, that's the kind of thing you do want to say. We were talking about the goals and goals and values should probably say that on the first date the problem comes in when people like said guy are not being transparent about what they're really looking for, what their situation really is. But there's a I mean, there's so many apps now also that cater to that specifically. So that would just be my advice to anyone that's in the non monogamy community is to not be in a place where you're leaving anybody confused.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I think that's like one of the things that I've definitely gotten better at as i've gotten older to Like, in my twenties, I would just be like, if I like someone's vibe, like it's almost like you don't ask the hard questions because you just want to keep hanging out with their energy. When in my thirties, it's like, I can like your vibe all day, but if we don't have the same wants for the future, if we're not aligned on like our core values, then no matter how much I like your vibe, like, we got to cut this sure, because it's just not going to work out long term, and then I'm gonna end up falling in love with someone who just doesn't see the world and the way I the way I do at all. And I think that's like a lot of like people in writing the show. Yeah, just like are going off vibe and I'm like, what do you even know about each other?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you you will fall in love with that person because the more time you spend with them, the more uh you know, hormonal release that you have. I'm not saying sexual necessarily, so we could, but you know, there is that energetic exchange. Even from a text, we get the adrenaline and endorphins and the dopamine and and like our bodies are flooded with these neural transmitters that are telling us fall in love, fall in love, law and love.
Speaker 1: You want more of that? Like we're addicted. We're addicted to that feeling.
Speaker 7: And at some point you have to you have to look up as addicts as many you know, many of my listeners and clients are as love addicts. We need to look up and say, wait, is this what I want? And do I want to be doing this? Do I want to be a love addict for twenty years? Do I want to be like doing this roller coaster ride of highs and lows and highs and lows, or do I need to do this a little bit more mindfully and do any to put a process around it, because it's most times not going to fix itself. In the current dating landscape, we can be nostalgic for the past, like oh, I just.
Speaker 1: Wanted to meet somebody in my in my neighborhood or at a party or casually. We have these stories that we want to come true, and they might come true, but they might not. The entire dating world has shifted.
Speaker 7: The way we do everything in our lives has shifted, and we communicate online and we connect online. So we need to embrace that there are different there's a different way to interact in the new dating paradigm, and the quicker that we do that and the clearer we are about how we want to navigate that, the happier we are going to be in the relationships that ultimately unfold short term or long term.
Speaker 1: Wow, you just changed my perspective about online dating. You sold me on it. It's not doom and gloom like I kind of assumed it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like we The change that we need to administer to this thing that's never going to go away is how we deal with it and how we interact with it.
Speaker 1: I totally agree sex I want to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Do you have like Patti Stanger very famously, it's like, don't fuck on the first day, or she makes you wait, I forget until you have an actual commitment like that a person commitment to you, or she said you can't have sex with the person. Do you do any advising on that or how like conversational tips or how to like you know, like with sexual compatibility, sometimes you don't know until you're actually having sex a lot of times. But also there's ways that you can talk about sex and about what you like at a certain time when it's appropriate.
Speaker 1: And then my follow up question is like when is it appropriate? I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like I guess if you want to rip each other's clothes off right away, maybe you should talk about what you like and what you don't like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have I'm gonna say I don't have any hard or fast.
Speaker 7: Sorry, but I don't. I don't have any specific rules. I'm not actually a big rules dating coach. I like tools, So I will say to my clients, Look, there's a lot of consequences to having sex today, like for real, for real, particularly for women, and uh, I'm not going to turn this into a political episode. However, there are a lot of consequences for women now. So if you are feeling all the vibes and you want to be intimate with someone, but you're not at a point where you feel like you could have any of those serious conversations about the consequences of having sex with that person, then I would say you're probably not.
Speaker 1: Ready to have sex with that person. Most people, that's the whole for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, if you can't have the tested for STIs, what would you do if I got pregnant and I didn't want the baby, Like I don't fuck anybody until I know their starts an abortion where I did want the baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Yeah, oh yeah, you're going to keep it in. They're like, thank you very much any night.
Speaker 7: But but we have to be able to have those adult conversations. And you can get caught up in the vibes all you want, but the reality is is that there are some serious consequences that we don't It's not sexy to talk about it, but can we make it sexy, like can we talk can we normalize talking about like being on prep or can we normalize talking about like.
Speaker 4: Do you know what's sexy though?
Speaker 1: Is being comfortable about it? That's sexy totally because.
Speaker 4: I also people like and.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say also like in terms of asking for consent too, like you could totally ask for sexy but go on, go on.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, like I well, I the times that I've witnessed people not be insecure about a thing that I would be secure insecure about if I were them, and then it's like my potential insecurity over that thing just vanishes, and I'm like, oh, all we need is an example of like someone to like if someone starts off the conversation and they're like, hey, you know, sexual health is really important to me, and I wanted to ask one was the last time you were tested? Just like it's not a fucking big deal. Then it's like, not only are you comfortable, but that's so hot. When somebody can treat an uncomfortable conversation with ease is so so.
Speaker 1: So so sexy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean you do it for like a big broad thing too, Like I love when an unattractive guy is just like I'm ugly and I don't care like saying something that broad incredible I'll take my clothes off right now.
Speaker 4: Such a smart strike.
Speaker 1: It's all all of his chicks.
Speaker 4: Yeah melean in, baby, I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The more authentic we can be, and the more the more the more we can be brave about asking for what we want or asking the right questions, the important questions, and just being unapologetically who we are. I think the more connected we're going to feel bravery hot.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think one of the last things I wanted to cover with you is is bias in dating when it comes to you know, race, class, gender.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And you said that you challenge readers people, you know, readers of your book to interrogate their race, class, and gender biases. And I also want to add in their like eight, I guess ablest like you know, because every now and then it's like, you know, people writing like how do I reveal that I'm in a wheelchair?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I don't know how I'm I don't even know the answer to this.
Speaker 2: So what are your thoughts on interrograting your own biases when it comes to dating.
Speaker 1: I'm realizing that word interrogate sounds very aggressive.
Speaker 2: Nog I don't think of it that way. But I love the word interrogate because that is it's like brass tacks like this is if this means a lot to you, fucking make sure that you're cool with what you are putting out there and what you value. Interrogating yourself is great. Intarrogeting other people on a date not great. Yeahargeting self fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, fair enough. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And it's actually kind of came up before I wrote the book. I in June of twenty twenty. I don't know if you remember that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a memory.
Speaker 7: And in no world or in the United States particularly, but there was a lot of talk about race. And one of my matchmaker friends, you know, we're all we all collaborate with one another and you know, share kind of best practices, and she asked in this matchmaker group that I'm part of, she was like, wait, is it racist if my client won't date a particular race, if they say that that's your preference? And I was shocked at the number of people in my community, the dating and love coach community, that were like, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Just their dating preference.
Speaker 7: And I was like, hold on, hold on, hold on, wait, wait, wait, wait, we you could not do that like in your neighborhood. At work, it'd be like, no, no, no, it's just it's just my preference to work with people of my same race.
Speaker 1: This is my preference.
Speaker 7: And then I said, why do we get to have a pass for dating, which is extremely important?
Speaker 4: Yeah, right when we.
Speaker 7: You know, we we we have to be in interrogating our biases in all of these other areas. So I spoke up and I was like, I think it's actually kind of the definition of racial bias actually, if you look it up in the dictionary to discriminating its I'm based on the color of their skin. So I did some videos about it. My editor at the Washington Post I was working on the date Lab column. I did that for four years, and she was like, can you write a date Lab piece about this? Usually date Lab is a matchmaking column where it's like, you know, we partner people up and just he said, she said, they said, anybody said, but this one. She really, my editor really wanted to dive into how I walk people through that because I don't. I don't let my clients just be like, oh I just just check just check one, you know, or just unchecked that other one.
Speaker 1: So I take people.
Speaker 7: Through the the old technique of the five whys to get to the root of well, why why why do you want to uncheck the box for black? Well, I've just never dated a black guy before. Well, well why, well I never met anyone? Well why I just always lived in areas. And then we we start unpacking that.
Speaker 2: Yeh.
Speaker 7: And whether it's race or class or you know, I had to hang up on education. We all have our own thoughts about what that stands for or what that what that means, like, oh, if they're this race, religion, culture, that means a whole set of values, beliefs. That means that we would move through the world in this way together. It's we paint a whole picture that may or may not exist. And I come from a very diverse background. I come from a Black and Jewish background, and my stepmother is Mexican American. My sister in law is Indian American like mine. My Thanksgiving table looks like the un and I love that that My life is enhanced because I am able to sort of peer into the worlds of other people and I can love and be loved by people who are different than me. And that is something that I think dating can serve a purpose for because if you are you are seeking connection love, and you can do that, you can sort of interrogate your own.
Speaker 1: Beliefs around this through dating. It's actually a really it's a much more.
Speaker 7: It's a more interesting way to have that dialogue with yourself than you know, reading a bunch of books on racial bias or class bias or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like live it, experience it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that bias.
Speaker 2: Would you also would you or would you not include like something like political views, because I know that can be really polarizing.
Speaker 1: And in dating, and I am really.
Speaker 2: Open to dating people with different political views, and most people aren't. It's to the point where they actually got mad at me for doing it as well. So and there's been articles that I'm about this too, and like the New York Post for about me specifically. Yes, oh really, yeah, Oh I'm gonna go look that up.
Speaker 7: I wrote it an article actually about it in Washington Post because that's in DC.
Speaker 1: It's it's all politics.
Speaker 7: But I have seen in the time that I've been coaching, I have seen politics go from maybe the sixth or seventh most important thing that people are looking for alignment on to number one or two. They're like, oh, no, I got to get this out of the way, Like did this person vote for Trump? I need to know right now. Sure, And I think it's a little bit dangerous to use any of these things as a proxy for understanding someone's goals and values completely. But I'm also I want to make sure I'm being clear, Like I'm not saying everybody the next generation, everybody needs to look like me. I'm not saying like everybody needs to be an interracial relationship. What I'm saying is, can you use dating as an exploration and can you challenge some of these beliefs and these stories that may be deeply ingrained from your family, from your community, from the stories you've seen and read, and just see what's out there now. If a client comes to me and says, look, I used to write for Jade eight as well. If a client comes to me and says, Demona, my parents want me to marry someone Jewish, and I want to marry someone Jewish, that is the most important because I have to raise quote Jewish kids. Ei, there's a whole there's a whole conversation. We can get into the passing of the but We'll say that for another time. If they say to me that is the most important thing, I'm not going to say, well, then you should just date a black guy just to piss off your I'd say that, but I'm but I'm going to say, Okay, let's unpack where those beliefs come from. Is that really your belief Is that really how you feel? Or that is that something that's that's maybe.
Speaker 1: Not your stuff to carry?
Speaker 7: And what would happen if you just were open, if you just went through the exploration in the dating process. It's not a marriage, it's just the dating process. But I see that happening now also with politics, and especially with politics, it's so much more subtle and layered, and I think we should be engaging in some of these conversations, but from the perspective of listening, not trying to convince someone change someone's mind. Curious, Yeah, for the cure we all stand from the learning, like just getting to understand another person's point of view and perspective, because God knows that on social media we're not hearing it.
Speaker 1: You know, the news.
Speaker 7: You to be able to consume news that would give us those alternative points of view that doesn't exist, so we might as well do it on tender instead.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, this has been a fantastic conversation.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. So where can we find you? And where your book comes out? January second?
Speaker 1: Right? Is that correction? So excited January second? Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So it's in bookstores everywhere, audiobook, ebook, and hardcover. You can also find out more about it at Fthfairytale book dot com. That's just the letter f and I'm at Demona Hoffman on All the Socials and I do the Dates and Maids podcast every Tuesday for eleven years like clockwork.
Speaker 1: So amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me, absolutely, thanks for being here.
Speaker 2: This has been Guys We Fucked, the anti slot shaming podcast. We'll talk to you next Friday. Guys We Fucked is presented by Luminary, Created and.
Speaker 1: Hosted by Karin Fisher and Christina Hutchinson.
Speaker 2: Editing and music coordination by Mike Coscarelli. Theme song by Rob Patterson and Jake.
Speaker 1: Cosen Stuck my wet ass pussy. Christina sends a cut up before, but now it's in. Yeah, let's keep it good.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: If you want, how you away?
Speaker 1: Just actually what you've gotta talk to the chef. You gotta build you and beg you is strong. Yeah, we allege it will.
Speaker 6: Be getting conditioning sw.
Speaker 4: Yeah we get those.
Speaker 6: To the sea shoes.
Speaker 1: Okay, quite simple.
Speaker 7: I'd better explain just why a ry on the it's gonna be trained. Because if you wait for the boss to reach your faith, yeah, I will all be away.
Speaker 4: So the judgement dick yet be buried.
Speaker 2: The bod to the heaven.
Speaker 6: And don't say.
Speaker 1: Your boss. Now you know you're under peanut.
Speaker 7: Boss said you wait be of the work to you're about the faith.
Speaker 1: You'll be down now, but you ain't me. You can pass out the leaflet a call.
Speaker 7: Of me and you can talk it over.
Speaker 2: And speak your mind.
Speaker 1: And said do something about it.
Speaker 7: You've got a unions now and you're sitting pretty put some looking kids on the steering committee.
Speaker 1: The boss will listen one guy's walk but yeah he god listen when they you get.
Speaker 5: Up, So they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Be it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: So lonely.
Speaker 5: When I got.
Speaker 1: To walk up.
Speaker 2: So what's the working?
Speaker 6: You so hard?
Speaker 1: It's just outrageous.
Speaker 4: And now they're paid.
Speaker 2: If you starvation wages, you step up to the boss and the boss would you
Speaker 7: Out before I raise your pay i'll be a help