Speaker 1: Every single breakfast club. God, damn it, the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: What that ass up on a breakfast club?
Speaker 3: Baby, I can't say breakless club without the regular club.
Speaker 4: You're like this rare air.
Speaker 5: She got platforms and partners all over the place.
Speaker 6: Because your man is so high, people want to be invested with the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: I don't think white people know how popular you guys, DJ Envy, Charlemagne the God, you.
Speaker 1: Guys really are like the hip hop early morning late night talk.
Speaker 7: Yo.
Speaker 8: I know what you're talking about, Yo, good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 6: Charlemagne the cap peacetood up playing It is Friday, Yes, it's Friday.
Speaker 1: The weekend is hill the weekend today.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize it was another holiday weekend. If we just got back, we literally just got back Monday. It's Martin Luther King, Martin Luther King Junior Monday.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: I thought to say Martin Luther Major's Monday, but it's not well. I would never disrespect the king like that. Martin Luther King, J boy, you know what I mean, Monday is a holiday.
Speaker 1: I hope y'all got all.
Speaker 4: Y'all Jonathan Majors, Martin Luther King, Junior Flyers. Ready, Okay, I've seen a couple of them circulating.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 4: Somebody sent me a fantastic one that I posted on on social media.
Speaker 1: I said, all caredders in free before eleven pm. That's dope. I don't know why people think that was me. I'm an how to do graphics.
Speaker 9: Just direct, just direct them to happy Friday or how y'all feel.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 4: I am black, black, and highly favored. Happy to be here.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I hope y'all are enjoying, uh, you know, just enjoying waking up this morning.
Speaker 5: Man, that's right.
Speaker 4: So many people woke up dead. I always remember that. Well, they didn't wake up if they dad, No, they woke up somewhere. I truly believe that. I believe when you believe that's what I said, they woke up somewhere. They woke up dead. You transition somewhere like, oh my god, I'm no longer here. I'm all right, I don't ear no.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I wonder if you want you to transition, do you remember that you were on Earth? Earth or another dimension. I wonder because you know, we we we see people and we say, oh, they've been here before. You see little kids, you say, oh, you've been here before. You know, some of us have memories of a past life while you experienced days y'all was like, damn, I've done this before.
Speaker 1: I wonder if when.
Speaker 4: You transition to the next dimension you even really recall what you did on another dimension. Okay, maybe I'm talking too much this morning, but somebody out there smoking weed right.
Speaker 1: Now and they feel me.
Speaker 6: Now, I was thinking about that now that you said it, Like, do you wake up and confused? Like where what the hell going on?
Speaker 5: Audience?
Speaker 4: You may I'm'll tell you something even scarier. But is your conscience I don't want to say scary. Scary may not be the right word, but does your conscience still go on?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like imagine like you're aware that you're dead because your conscience is like is an energy, right, it's a spirit? I don't never mind, I'm I'm getting me talking to about it. I don't know I'm talking about this this morning, but hello, good morning, Happy Friday.
Speaker 1: We got today about this? Now, I got to think about this whole morning.
Speaker 4: Oh by the way, but next week on Breakfast Club, if it's still on the schedule, they'll say it.
Speaker 5: Just let it go.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say the name.
Speaker 4: But we got a fantastic guests we could talk to about all of this stuff.
Speaker 1: I am really excited to make you nervous.
Speaker 5: You know that.
Speaker 1: I don't like talking about that song.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't. It's part of It's part of your existence, right, def is a part of life. Yeah, there there is something after this.
Speaker 1: I'm that I'm sure of. All right.
Speaker 6: Well, yes, you said, we have two guests joining us this morning. Me have Betty the Butcher. Yes, he has an album coming out January twenty six. We're gonna chop it up with Benny. It's called Everybody Can't Go. Everybody Can't Go.
Speaker 1: That's right. He dropped a single today. We're probably gonna get that on this morning.
Speaker 4: It's called bron yeay An. Before that, he put out another record with a Little Wayne. He's got the name of that record though, Big Dog, Big Dog, Big Dog.
Speaker 1: There you go, There you go. And also Dean Phillips will be joining us.
Speaker 4: Dean Phillips is a US Representative of Minnesota. He is in Congress. He's also a twenty twenty four presidential candidate. Not just any candidate. He's the only Democrat who is has decided the primary Joe Biden, the only Democrat who's actually decided to challenge Joe Biden like somebody from the actual party.
Speaker 6: So his political career is probably over. But you know he'll be hot, Oh trust me, Wayard, Yeah, when he his backstorre, he'd be at.
Speaker 4: You know, his backstore. You know why you know his backstoor because you've drank Belvedere vodka before, correct, and they used to own it. But we'll talk about that. We'll talk about all that, all right.
Speaker 6: Well, let's get the show crack and we got Tesling's figure out coming up front page news, and the second it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody's DJ env Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Let's get in some front.
Speaker 6: Page news now over the weekend, and of course you got the playoffs, the wild card round. Now, the Texas take on the Browns tomorrow at four thirty. They Stealers take on the Bills Sunday at one. The Dolphins take on the Chiefs at eight and your cowboys take on the pack because at fourth the.
Speaker 4: Road to the Super Bowl starts for my Dallas Cowboys on Sunday because.
Speaker 1: He already he already knows what.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something that I've been getting that all week long that I've never been getting asked that I'm taking as a sign. People have been asking me, are you going to the Super Bowl? Not as in my Cowboys?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 1: And I said, yes, if my cowboys go. Do you know something I don't know?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I don't know how you want to put that, But I feel like you do this every year.
Speaker 1: But come on and tak absolutely do this every year.
Speaker 11: But that's okay. Hold the lines, Charlemagne, Good morning to DJM ME.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 6: All right, let's jump right into it. Let's talk about this. The US and UK carrying out strikes.
Speaker 11: Yeah, a lot was going on yesterday.
Speaker 12: The United States and the UK, as you mentioned, carry out strikes against the Houte rebels. Let's go to CBS for the report and I have some more information.
Speaker 11: On the other side.
Speaker 13: The United States and the United Kingdom have carried out airstrikes on Houthi rebels in Yemen. This comes after the Iranian backed militia group attacked cargo ships and tankers in the Red Sea. There have been more than two dozen attacks since October.
Speaker 12: Now I want you to take a listen to the response by President Biden and the White House. This is the reasoning on why he said he ordered those air strikes.
Speaker 11: Take a listener.
Speaker 14: He says, today, at my direction, US military forces, together with the United Kingdom and with support from Australia, Bahrain, Canada and the Netherlands. I think it's notable that Bahrain assisted here another Middle East nation, successfully conducted strikes against a number of targets in Yemen used by UTI rebels to endanger freedom of navigation in one of the world's most vital waterways.
Speaker 1: He says that.
Speaker 14: These strikes are in direct response to UTI attacks on international maritime vessels. In other words, they are not attacking military vessels. They are simply attacking commercial vessels that are transporting oil, natural gas, and other goods through the Red Sea.
Speaker 12: Now here's where the conflict comes in among leaders. Now, progressive leaders, guys like Representative Conna said that the way the President went about this was the wrong way. He tweeted that in article one of the Constitution. The President needs to come to Congress before launching a strike against Hut and Yemen and involving US in another Middle East conflict. Also Progressive congress Woman Representative Rashida to lead. She tweeted, the President is violating Article one of the Constitution by carrying out air strikes and Yeomen without congressional approval. The American people are tired of endless war and this is where you get a chance to see. You know, a lot of folks like to say their progressives, but this is where you get a chance to see who are really the progressive leaders in Congress. And also you know our activists who are progressive that will be speaking out against this. So I went and talked to Ohio former State Ohio Senator Nina Turner, who folks have heard him in the breakfast club many times.
Speaker 11: I want you to take a listen to what she told me.
Speaker 15: Article one of the Constitution is very clear that he cannot do that without the authorization of Congress, and Congress has not given him any authorization as a matter of fact. On January sixth of twenty twenty, President Joe Biden tweeted the following. He said, Let's be clear, Donald Trump does not have the authority to take us into war with Iran with our congressional approval. A president should never take this nation to war without the informed consent. He also, during a dim debate, said that we would not be in political wars. But we see all of that is a lie. Congress, where are you get on your job? We got all of these wars going on in the Ukraine, now is Yemen, We are funding the slaughter of Palestinians by Israel in the Middle East. All of these things being done in our name. Kind of stand up and get a backbone.
Speaker 1: Now you heard that.
Speaker 11: Now, Also, let me give you this last one and I talk it back to you, guys.
Speaker 12: I also reached out to foreign policy expert doctor Lemon Hill and again directing folks, he's been on the Repis's Club before.
Speaker 11: You guys need to check out that interview.
Speaker 12: But I wanted to know his opinion and what this looks like, you know, how it affects us overall and the future.
Speaker 11: This is what he had to say.
Speaker 16: President Biden's decision to bomb Yemen was unauthorized and illegal, but it was also really really dangerous by escalating things in Yemen. It is going to only enrage other Shia groups around the region. We could see a full scale war in the Middle East. This teaches us, as history always has, that violence leads to more violence. If Biden had used that same energy to negotiate a ceasefire to demand that Israel stopped bombing and sieging Gaza, then we wouldn't be looking at potentially World War three and honestly a political climate that makes Donald Trump and the Republicans seem reasonable and patient by comparison.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting.
Speaker 4: Last name, My good sister Angela Rye and I were up in MSNBC to do Joy Read show and we got preempted because of the us AS strikes. And there is nothing that raises anxiety levels like being in a newsroom when something like this happens. Because as we're walking through the hall in the MSNBC, the employee that's walking with us was getting alerts about World War three, like Mark just reference and I was like, well, what's happening.
Speaker 1: Did somebody drop off a nuka something?
Speaker 4: So it's just like, yeah, Mark is a you know, he's absolutely right, like and it's amazing how when it comes to things we actually need, we can't ever get it because we can't get congressional approval. But when they want to do something, they'll bypass congressional approval every time, every time. And they were saying that it affects us a lot on the local level, for people that say, well, how does this affect us?
Speaker 1: Every day?
Speaker 6: They're saying that if Iran jumps in which they are assuming will happen, that the prices of gasoline will shoot up ridiculous amounts. So they were saying, where barrels are like sixty eight dollars a barrow, it could get close to one hundred dollars a barrel, which means that you know you're gonna be paying seven dollars eight dollars a gallon for gas.
Speaker 1: Iran I already said they're ready to respond to US aggression.
Speaker 12: And it's also important, though, guys, that Republicans have backed this, just so folks can keep up with the partisan who's doing what. So progressive are speaking against this, saying that again, you did this out of order, but some Republicans are showing support for this, saying they welcome this and that it's long overdue. That came from minority leader Mitch O'Connell, so they are totally supportive.
Speaker 11: Of this as well. Mitch McConnell, Mitch mcconmall, did you say what did you say, Mitch Mcconnallay, Yes, Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 6: All right, the latt is front page News. Now I've seen about an hour what we're talking about.
Speaker 5: Test.
Speaker 11: Yeah, folks, come back.
Speaker 12: We gotta break down the closing arguments in Trump's civil fraud case. You know, we talked about him speaking in court. He did speak in court. So we'll be breaking that down for you guys at seven.
Speaker 6: All right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. And I just want to salute this couple out in New York Long Island. They just celebrated the eightieth wedding anniversary. Damn eightieth wedding anniversary today. He's one O three, she's one O two.
Speaker 17: Oh.
Speaker 4: Man, I pray, I pray to God. It is what I pray to God to get that kind of long like eighty. I really do that. That's something I put in the air every day. I would love to live, to be one hundred and three, be married for eighty plus years. I just need my brain and my penis to still work, man, that's it. I need my brain and my penis to still work.
Speaker 1: That's all I am.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good boarding the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eighty five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 19: Hello.
Speaker 5: Who's this?
Speaker 20: Oh, blessings, Good morning guys, DJ.
Speaker 17: Every one's up?
Speaker 5: What's up? Bless up? Bless up?
Speaker 21: Man?
Speaker 20: Hey, you know I was watching the cat with him charge and you know he called out your your spiritual leader, uh.
Speaker 1: Mister T. D.
Speaker 20: Jakes the bishop, for being at Didy's party. And we just wonder, at fifty seven ain't trying.
Speaker 5: To go to did these four party?
Speaker 20: Why did he at?
Speaker 1: Why you you are the most judgmental.
Speaker 4: It's very strange like it's it's really it's really strange like.
Speaker 1: And by the way, by the way, imagine your question.
Speaker 4: You think you walk in did these parties and it's people just neked having sex in the middle of the floor, like you think that was really good.
Speaker 18: Listen.
Speaker 20: If if Kat Williams in fifty cent don't want to go Todd's parties and fifty always saying did these parties, it's like a lot of homosexual.
Speaker 1: Party Sean, Sean listen. I want you to.
Speaker 4: I want you to, Sean listen, seriously, seriously, seriously, product Yo, y'all gotta stop believing every single conspiracy theory just because somebody says it. Like, first of all, I've never been to a Diddy party, but if he did, these parties are legendary, right, they are legendary.
Speaker 1: And don't say like I've been there, you never DJ did party?
Speaker 4: Oh but mad people have been going to Diddy parties over the years. Now, all of a sudden, somebody puts something out on TikTok of all places, and.
Speaker 1: Y'all run with it.
Speaker 4: This is why I don't like the world wide nigga that I don't know what's true, and I know I don't know what's not true, but I know that TikTok shouldn't be your source of.
Speaker 1: Information now that I know.
Speaker 6: Now, Diddy used to have parties in Manhattan, in the city at clubs that everybody went to. But these people are talking about parties at Diddy's house. But like you said, who cares about the truth?
Speaker 1: On the lives morning, nobody cares about the truth. And live by the way.
Speaker 4: I've been to a bishm Tdjke's birthday party and Diddy was there.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Nothing?
Speaker 4: With all the church folks and guess what, we all went to church Sunday morning. We was all at the part of the house Potter's house Sunday morning. I think sometimes we also forget about these situations. Is I don't know what somebody got going on. So I might go to a person's party, I might have a meeting with a person, I might support a person. Then you find out later this person was doing a lot of foul stuff behind the scenes that to do has nothing to do with you. Like that is so silly, Like it's the weirdest thing ever. Like when people try to give folks flack when you see them in the old pictures with Bill Cosby, of old pictures with a Harvey.
Speaker 5: Y and c.
Speaker 1: How was they supposed to know what the hell was going on? I agree with you. Hello, who's this.
Speaker 22: Hey, MZ.
Speaker 21: This is Derek from Jersey.
Speaker 1: Hey, Derek from Jersey Good morning.
Speaker 21: The Morning Breakfast Club, Good morning brothers. How are you this morning?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 21: So, MV. I was looking at the interview with the Native Land podcast yesterday and I caught a vibe like I thought you would, letting the list, let loose a little bit of beige range in regards to the lazy journalism and the misleading headlines. And I and I was wondering, is that in portaining to any let's say, controversies that may have been reported lately.
Speaker 1: No, I think, but no, it is all of it. We just we just we just we just were talking about But it's every it's everything.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of times people don't do their homework when it comes to everything. We just had that conversation about TD Jakes and Diddy. A lot of people just look at headlines and don't necessarily want to read the actual fact.
Speaker 4: And we forget the headlines. Nobody cares about the truth when the lie is more entertaining. People just want to be entertained nowadays, and they don't care about what's true and what's not true.
Speaker 1: Ever. But that's that's what everything, not just not just my stuff.
Speaker 4: That everything, every everything, all across the board, and I'm gonna tell you all right now, twenty twenty four is going to be the worst year we've ever experienced in regards to misinformation. It is a presidential election year, not just here in America but also in South Africa. In a minute, you're not gonna know what to believe, what's true, what's not true? And I pray it's some Uston Wells War the World's type. Stuff don't happen because of it. If you don't know what Austin Wells Ward the world.
Speaker 6: Is, Google is your friend? Do your Googles well? Hopefully Google is correct though, but anyway, get it off your check.
Speaker 1: We'll be hoping it will be about Auston Wells.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred five five one. If you need to hit us up now, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 22: Ray right, ray yo, Charla Mane?
Speaker 5: Are we lying your time? To get it off your chest?
Speaker 1: I gotta indoor pool.
Speaker 5: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Get on the phone right now here.
Speaker 1: Tell you what it is. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 22: Good morning?
Speaker 17: Is your boy? Love you from the.
Speaker 21: Mount game, Pece King?
Speaker 1: What I love you? Are you brother?
Speaker 5: I love you?
Speaker 22: I'm blessed, black and hot, stavorit. I do have an announced this morning. I know I jumped on talking about my wife feet as I got dudes, you enter me about political stands down, I won't let the world know I'm a round all the smoke. My problem is you do just corny getting that lady the ms and dierspected them, but the rash is electic down. I'm just to raise our little things better on how to treat queen.
Speaker 1: I agree with that always, my brother.
Speaker 22: So am out here rioting for I'm writing for my breakfast club Standley paid, Happy Freaky Friday, have a Bleasda. I can't.
Speaker 5: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 15: Good morning?
Speaker 7: This is Becky from.
Speaker 9: New Jersey, New Jersey Becky or Bucky Becky.
Speaker 7: No, it's Becky, Charlie Magne and Becky. And it ain't white girl Becky either.
Speaker 1: I'm not judging. How are you? What's a great?
Speaker 7: I'm great?
Speaker 22: How you guys? He this morning?
Speaker 21: Great?
Speaker 7: Yesterday was my birthday.
Speaker 9: I sin, oh, happy birthday.
Speaker 7: Thank you, thank you. I'm very blessed. I made it another year and I wanted to share that. And also, you know I'm off today, so I'm going to be relaxing and chilling. And I always listen to you guys in the morning. You guys are just pure entertainment.
Speaker 22: I love you guys. I'm always supporting.
Speaker 21: Well.
Speaker 1: Thank you. You got a long three day weekend. And enjoy your born day too.
Speaker 7: You know it, you know it. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You share your birthday with Mary Mary j BLI.
Speaker 22: You know it.
Speaker 7: One eleven. That's the number.
Speaker 21: There you go, the blessing.
Speaker 7: The capricorns are here.
Speaker 4: Damn yesterday one was one eleven. I didn't do no prayer portal in yesterday.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 17: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Jam Jamal?
Speaker 10: What up?
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Man, you know I formerly served in the New York Farming State National Guard. And it's just everything that's going on over these right now is just confusing, and I'm just frustrated. We need to find a better way.
Speaker 1: Word. I agree with you. Charlamaine of God, he's black man, all right, brother. Indeed you already get it off your chest.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five one. If you need to vent, you can hit us up at any time.
Speaker 4: Oh and you know what I want to tell people to make sure to go check out the Good Sister, Just Hilarious officials.
Speaker 1: She'll be in Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: Tonight, one night only at Excite Center at Parks Casino, eight pm. Excite Center at Parks Casino eight pm in Philadelphia. Just Hilarious Official and the Good Brother Deasy Alexander be performing at the night.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, salutes Just Hilarius. When we come back.
Speaker 6: We got your room and report yesterday Young Thug trial awires al Rico trial.
Speaker 1: They mentioned Lebron James and Serena Williams. Kind of kind of weird, but we'll get into that next.
Speaker 5: So don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Everybody shut up. Everybody shut up. Everybody sound stupid. Everybody don't even like you. I love everybody except salute to all the bobs. Come on the bobs. They don't like you. That's all right, God bless them. We got you great energy for the new year. God bless everything.
Speaker 6: Okay, up there morning everybody. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rooms. Let's talk Young thug.
Speaker 1: Name or you gossip.
Speaker 5: This is the rumor report.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club. This is where the tea spells right right now.
Speaker 6: Yesterday Young Thug was in court in one of Wysel's co founders. Tick was testifying over the last couple of days. But now Young thugs defense lawyer did a cross examination and uh asked them several questions like Serena Williams and what he thought about Serena Williams and some of the things that she does when she's playing tennis.
Speaker 23: Do you know who Serena Williams is?
Speaker 24: Yes?
Speaker 23: Have you seen her at Wimbledon.
Speaker 5: Doing what's called a Do you know what krip walk is? First of all, I don't watch tennis. Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Thank you, mister Kokomo.
Speaker 25: Through your understanding of your consumption, that means what you learn about, what you see, what you attracts you.
Speaker 23: Your interest is.
Speaker 25: Gang culture promoted via entertainment?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 25: Do you ever hear of the expression of studio gangster?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 25: Tell a laision gentlemen, Jerry, what that means?
Speaker 9: Somebody who rapping about Lena studio talking about.
Speaker 25: That's for entertainment, right, it's for promotion.
Speaker 1: Do you know who Lebron James is? What is happening?
Speaker 25: Who is Tell Lasion German, Jerry, who Lebron James and have you seen him do the wiping of the nose and say, slid the hell?
Speaker 1: Who is that human?
Speaker 4: John Hellman's trying to demonize all these great black icons. What does Lebron and Arena have to do with the why? I say, okay, what's the reason, what's the purpose, what's the point?
Speaker 1: What am I missing?
Speaker 6: No, he was just saying that some of the stuff that they're accusing young thug, some of the gang affiliated things, the handshakes, the dances and.
Speaker 1: All that, that it's just colture.
Speaker 6: That's Serena Williams was doing crip walking as she won a match and that and that. You know, Lebron James does different handshakes with different.
Speaker 9: Lebron do none of that he does. They have to actually had a video of viewing it. Okay, shot us out there. I'm never saying, but I don't know what that means. I thought he had a running nose. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 6: He does different handshakes with different anyway, that doesn't mean he's gang affiliated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's trying to show it's not necessarily gang related. It's just culture hip performative.
Speaker 21: I don't know.
Speaker 4: If I don't know if I would call it hip hop culture, but it's just performative.
Speaker 1: It's what people do.
Speaker 4: Also, he's right, they should have played Fat Joe and lean back when Fat Joe said, well that word that you can't say no more even made gang signs commercial. Even Little Boo don't end up be to k krip walking like that stuff. You should have played that court as exhibit B.
Speaker 1: Or C or D or whatever.
Speaker 5: They do it.
Speaker 1: Maybe they listening today, Maybe they'll do that today. Well, if they listen and they just told her, you say Lebron's in the game, that is Lebron, I said Lebron. I'll do it. I said, Lebron does the handshaker you want to shave? Shaved them showed the video we don't watch. And he also talks about uh wait.
Speaker 25: This is the same person that the Jersey has heard about through your testimony a lot. Is that fair to say person? You really like the artist? And do you know his real name to be Dwayne Carter. Yes, this is the same mister Carter you spoke about who was.
Speaker 23: Under and worked with Brian.
Speaker 5: Berden and Williams. Is that the same person? Yes?
Speaker 24: All right now on this picture, mister Williams's number thirty one. Do you notice any tattooing of the face of little Wing Yes?
Speaker 5: Do you have tattoos on your face?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 25: And does mister Williams with Jeffer yes. Do you see some stars around the neckline?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 24: And how many stars do you count on?
Speaker 11: What color are the stars?
Speaker 23: And there may be multiple colors.
Speaker 25: You could name them all if you want.
Speaker 6: And what he was trying to say is that thug got those tattoos because he was inspired by Lil Wayne. And that's what he was saying that you know, these are artists inspirement, that's the reason why he got those tattoos. That's what his lawyer was trying to say.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: I just been understand like one fish, two fish, redfish, bluefish. Okay, he might as well be Jesus Christ.
Speaker 6: Now some serious news. Michael strahan Is daughter revealed yesterday on Good Morning America that she has brain cancer. Now, this is horrible. This is really scary if you have kids out there, because you know, sometimes when your kids say they have headaches or they have something bothering them, you don't know how far to go, meaning do you just give him a talon or do you just go take them to the doctor or do you go extra far to make sure that there's nothing happen? And listen what happened to Michael Scherrhan's daughter.
Speaker 26: Soon after starting college, but then eighteen year old freshman begins experiencing excruciating headaches.
Speaker 18: I don't know anything. It was off help, probably September, like October first. That's when I definitely noticed headaches, nausea, couldn't walk straight.
Speaker 26: And what did you think was going on?
Speaker 1: At the time, I thought I had verdio.
Speaker 19: You know, eighteen years old. At the time, you're not thinking this. Maybe it's vertigo, maybe it's something else. But she's young, too, strong, she's healthy. Look at her, she looks great.
Speaker 26: A few weeks later, on October twenty fifth, her condition taking a turn for the worst.
Speaker 18: I woke up, but I was starting out blood and my sister I was like, this probably isn't good. So I texted her, who then notified the whole family.
Speaker 19: And then that was when we decided you need to really go see it, get a thorough check up, and thank goodness for the doctor.
Speaker 5: I feel like this doctor saved her life.
Speaker 1: Damn yeah, man for her sending her definitely sending her healing energy.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And you think about stuff like that, right, like all the times you feel like, you know, you got a migraine, and the migraine won't go away, you know, like, yeah, you just don't know when to go Now she got throwing up blood is definitely a sign that you need to go see somebody. But she probably needed to go see somebody a whole lot earlier. So I wonder what symptoms in the body should you really look out for when you're dealing with something like that that no, you need to go to the doctor.
Speaker 6: Well, she already had brain surgery, several rounds of radiation, and she's doing chemotherapy next month. And now here's a diagnosis.
Speaker 26: Doctor suddenly telling Isabella she's developed a fast growing four centimeter tumor in the back of her brain, its size larger than a golf ball. Isabella's diagnosis medolo blastoma, which accounts for twenty percent of all childhood brain tumors. About five hundred children per year are diagnosed, most commonly between ages five to nine.
Speaker 4: Hey Man, sending healing energy to the whole stray hand family. That's the worst feeling in the world. When your child is dealing with some type of ailment and there's nothing you can do about it, that's right, there's nothing you can do about it except for pray, you know, take them to the hospital and wish for the best.
Speaker 1: There's no more hopeless feeling than that. So definitely sending healing energy and strength to the good brother Michael's scrarehand.
Speaker 6: And is fam absolutely so to Michael straighthand and again sending heal and energy. My daughter had bad headaches when she was a freshman as well. And the sad thing about it is when when you go to the doctor at first, the first thing they used to tell you to do is take a talent all or they'll say it take an aspirin, and they don't want to go to the you know, to really do the scan, and you really have to push and you really have to pressure them to do it, which we finally did, but it took a long time to get that done because at first, the first thing that they wanted to do is just say, oh, just just take a talent all or just just take an aspirin, and sometimes you get nervous and it's it's more than that.
Speaker 1: And thank god, that you know, they would to the full thing and did a scan.
Speaker 4: That's why I want Wakonda like technology. I want something that like you can just go and stand in and whatever's going on with your body, it'll it'll just tell you right then and there without them having the probe and everything else. You're not there yet. Yeah, I don't even want to talk about probe. Had a prosthetic exam last week. I ain't been farting right since.
Speaker 1: Never.
Speaker 6: Man, wait, why why did you get a protest? You didn't say you were going to get a prostet exam.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like talking about it right now. I'll talk about it on the podcast this week. I'm bringing it. I dont feel like talking about it right now. So but you went, no, man, but you should. Everybody out there should go get a profet exam. That is the moral of the store. Go get a profitety exam one finger too, even if you don't fought right, you know for a while or three.
Speaker 6: Kyve asilein, I don't want to talk sitting up and that is your rumor report. Now when we come back, we got front page news. Tesling figure will be joining us, and then Benny the Butcher will be in the building. This album comes out January twenty sixth. Everybody can't go. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Good morning, everybodyj NV, Charlemagne the Gud. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's getting some front page news. Start up for some quick sports. The Browns played the Texans tomorrow, stee, Let's take on the Bill Sunday at one, Dolphins take on the Chiefs at eight, and the Cowboys play the Packers at four thirty.
Speaker 1: Say that with your chest.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say something, say that playing so I'm just gonna just be light and nice. The Cowboys take on the Package at fourth day. Don't let God, don't let the devil use you this morning.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Let us, let let them, Let me and my team cook on Sunday, four thirty pm.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 4: The road to the Super Bowl starts for us on Sunday at four thirty Baby against those Green Bay Fudge Package.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, well, good luck to you. What's up?
Speaker 5: Test?
Speaker 12: Good morning dj E, Good morning to Charlemagne the Gud. Let's talk a little bit about Trump. Yesterday in his closing arguments in his civil fraud trial in New York.
Speaker 11: Let's take a listen to the report.
Speaker 27: Former President Donald Trump took time off the campaign trail today for closing arguments in his civil fraud trial in New York, where he is accused of falsifying financial documents for a decade. CBS's Robert Costa is outside the courthouse.
Speaker 28: With his businesses in New York at risk, and after a long day in court, Former President Donald Trump arrived at one of his New York properties to speak to reporters.
Speaker 29: We have the best poll numbers, we have the best everything. Despite this, and maybe because.
Speaker 28: Of this, with just days before the Iowa caucuses, Trump says his legal challenges here in New York and elsewhere are now part of the campaign trail.
Speaker 1: Are you planning to show.
Speaker 21: Up in court?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 29: I want to go to all of my trials now.
Speaker 12: During court, you know, we talked about this the other day about what he pulled Anino Brown, and you can pretty much say that he did. I wish they had audio where we could actually hear what happened in Corvet. I'm just breaking down quickly. The judge did allow him to speak. He spoke from the defense table with his comments and pretty much similar to what he said public you know all year, which is about it being a witch hunt. And after several minutes, Judge and Goren interrupted and said, you know one minute only. Trump responded to the judge, you have your own agenda. I understand that, so basically told the judge that he has an agenda. The judge then had to tell his attorney to please control your client, he said, and Trump went on to say, your honor, I did nothing wrong. They should pay me for what I've had to go through. Now, he walked out the courtroom while the State was still finishing their closing argument, went to his forty Wall Street building, pumping his fist in the air. His supporters were cheering him on, and then he addressed the media and made remarks about New York Attorney General Lyticia James.
Speaker 11: Take a listen an all politically votivated.
Speaker 29: She campaigned doing it. I will get Trump if you've ever seen any of the seen any of her clips, the horrible clips.
Speaker 1: Actually the anger.
Speaker 29: She's got serious Trump derangement syndrome. There's no question I've got Letitia James corrupt Attorney General.
Speaker 1: Of New York Trump during syndrome isous. That is crazy, ya.
Speaker 4: I've heard him say that before. Trump derangement syndrome. It's just hilarious.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And so he talks about it like it's a real disease. New York Attorney General Leticia James, she says she is unbothered by his comments.
Speaker 11: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 30: This case has never been about politics, a personal vendetta, or about name calling.
Speaker 1: This case is about the facts and.
Speaker 6: The law, and mister Donald Trump violated the law.
Speaker 30: I trusted justice will be done.
Speaker 4: I don't think nobody is unbothered by Donald Trump. I think that's impossible.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I think it's impossible to be unbothered by Donald Trump because it's always surreal to me that a man can be dealing with all these criminal and civil cases and still be running for president of the United States of America, not just running, but actually busting President Biden's ass and the polls. And I was wondering if they will ever amend the Constitution to prevent things like this from happening.
Speaker 1: In the future.
Speaker 4: I know in regards to the insurrection as the fourteenth Amendment, but I'm talking something else that says, if you're dealing with all these criminal, you know, cases, you can't run for the highest office in the land. I know this is just the civil case what we're talking about, but I'm just saying, like, if you're dealing with all these criminal cases, you can't run for the highest office in the land.
Speaker 6: The only problem is is if you're supposed to be what not guilty any and it's in until proven guilty.
Speaker 1: Right, So that kind of takes from that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but how about you should prove your guilt first, I mean, prove your innocence first for the run for president, because how can you simultaneously care about what's going on with the American people when you got so much else going on in your personal life.
Speaker 6: But but you know, you know you can charge, well, you can't charge, but you can sue anybody if anything civilly, and people can be charged wrongly, you know, wrongly, accused anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but ninety one criminal charges when you're running for president of the United States of America, I'm talking about it.
Speaker 4: Think about the circumstances. This ain't this ain't no normal position that he's running for. He's running for president of the United States of America.
Speaker 6: But if you take Trump out of it and you put another president, that's people just don't like. Maybe the government just don't like the government could just create false charges to make sure that person don't run.
Speaker 1: Hey, then you got to worry about that shore. But if you got ninety one criminal charges, ninety one right, come on, man.
Speaker 12: Sound like y'all think to be on House floor debating that, maybe that's something can look into. Congress has the ability to change change laws, so if they think that's something shit happened, they can do that. I just want to remind people that the Iowa caucus is Monday, so this is an end pretty late, starts around seven o'clock.
Speaker 11: Now, caucuses are very different.
Speaker 12: You're not just going in and just selecting somebody, so they actually have to convince other voters. So this is where we get to see, you know, put up a shut up, who's going to be.
Speaker 11: Voting for who?
Speaker 12: We'll be covering that on Monday to see how they determine who they want to be their Republican nominee.
Speaker 11: No more polls. It gets real on Monday.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going to happen. Like that's why they say you always got to play the game. But I hope Nikki Hally wins the Iowa Coccus because then I hope that would make the GOP say, you know what, this might be our person. You know, let's let's get away from all his bagg let's get away from the person when now you want criminal charges and all these civil cases, you know, and hitchall wagon is something that got a lot less baggage.
Speaker 12: And just to add on to that, when you talk about the ninety one cases there, when you heard Trump earlier in the clips say that he plans on going to all of his court dates, and just for the folks to know, there.
Speaker 11: Are twenty five.
Speaker 12: She's a legal political dates as of now that start.
Speaker 11: From January eighth going all the way into August.
Speaker 4: Fifth, and so you got to simultaneously do that and campaign to be president of the United States of America. When you hear him talk and he's not talking about, you know, legislation, when he's not talking about policies he wants to implement, it's because.
Speaker 6: He's preoccupied people, But he's never talked about legislation and policies he wanted to implement before.
Speaker 1: Yes, you did build the wall, build the wall.
Speaker 4: That's America first. Okay, we know what those things needed, all right, all.
Speaker 12: Right, and let me just say it's clearly because I want to make sure when I say twenty five dates, those are not all days. Those are like fouling motions, going to court, you know, anything around anything legal. There's twenty five that's correct, from January eighth all the way to With everything.
Speaker 4: Going on in America, I need somebody that's really, you know, highly focused on America and can really micro manage what's going on in this country and around the world. You can't have somebody who's preoccupied with a civil not even just sill with the criminal cases more than anything like No.
Speaker 1: All right, well that is Front Page News.
Speaker 11: Take it to his that'solutely You guys. Have great weekend you just.
Speaker 4: Said, and make sure you subscribing Teling figureos podcast This great shot No Chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeartRadio podcast network and follow at Tesling Figure on all social media platforms.
Speaker 6: All right, when we come back, Benny the Butcher will be joining us. This album comes out January twenty sixth. Everybody can't go and we're gonna chop it up with him next It don't Move. It's The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good Morning, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: The butcher Flew to Benny, The butcher Man album, Everybody Can't Go.
Speaker 6: It's a right January twenty sixth we'll talk about to the twenty six, twenty six and twenty six.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: Well, what comes out today is The Book of Clarence. The Book of Clarence definitely comes out today. Yeah, great movie.
Speaker 9: You know what.
Speaker 4: I watched the recently too, because were about to have a we're sitting down what they would do when they Because she's got a movie coming out called Origin. It's based off the book Cast which I read by Isabelle Wilkinson. Fantastic movie, and I didn't realize. I didn't know how she was going to turn it into an actual movie. She did a great, great job. When I tell you an they don't never waste her art. Now we talk about, you know, certain rappers never wasting a bar, like Jay Z never wastes a bar. You know, you never heard Jady Kiss waste the bar. You never heard a undred two thousand of Scarface waste the bar. That's that's what she does with her art. Very meaningful, very oh man, very very meaning very meaningful.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, she doesn't. She doesn't do it for fun. She doesn't do it for check. Everything means something.
Speaker 5: Which is pretty dope.
Speaker 4: Can't wait to chop it up with and Saluta my man Wallow Man, I'll be in Philly tomorrow with my guy Wallow.
Speaker 1: Wallow's doing his first ever PODCN.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, so myself and Gary Vee, my good sister Dolly Bishop, who's the president of the Black Effect Podcast Network with iHeart. We'll be in Philadelphia tomorrow for Wallow's podcon. So go go to Wallow's Instagram page Wallow to sixty seven to get it from more information on that art matter of fact, go to the podcorn page the podcorn page uh for more information on that.
Speaker 1: I'll be there tomorrow and.
Speaker 4: Sluthor slutor Philly man, I told you, I told you earlier. Just Alara, It's gonna be in Philly the night right he did as You're gonna be in Philly at the Parks Casino dot com for one night only at eight pm. Excites Center at Parks Casino to night her and Desi Alexander.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, salutes, just hilarious. All right, when we come back, we got to talk about Pete Davidson. Uh, he said he was high when he was at Aretha Franklin's funeral.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you about that. Also with Pete Davison at the Franklin funeral. Refranklin died a while ago too. We'll talk about it because he just talked about it and his stand.
Speaker 6: Up and also be there with somebody dating. Yeah, we'll talk about it when we come back. And also what would make you have to take eighteen drinks a day?
Speaker 1: Stress?
Speaker 6: Well, we'll talk about who is that stressed out when we come back. It's the breakfast Luggle morning. You mean warning everybody in stj n V. Charlamagne to God, we are to breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the rooms. Let's talk Pete Davison out of names or you've gossip? Been you chatting?
Speaker 5: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess we on the breakfast club. This is where the tea spills right right now.
Speaker 6: Pete Davison dropped a new Netflix specials called Turbo Fonzarelli, and during this special he talks about being high going to a funeral and the person's funeral that he went to was the icon Aretha Franklin.
Speaker 31: It's embarrassing when you're not on Kademen anymore. Though, you're like, ooh, I'm embarrassed. I was out and about like that. That's not cool, you know, you know I was at funerals like that. That's dump, right, I was at Aretha Franklin's funeral like that. Yeah, I have to live with that, you know what I mean. She'll never know. But still it's not the point, you know what I mean. If she was there, she would probably be like, Hey, who are you and what the are you doing at my funeral?
Speaker 5: You know, I don't it's embarrassing.
Speaker 31: I was so high I thought it'd be a good idea to go to her family and go, hey, I'm just here to pay my R S P E c TS.
Speaker 6: Yes, now you're probably thinking, like I was, like what the hell was he doing at Aretha Frankley.
Speaker 1: I feel like you buried the lead.
Speaker 6: At the time, he was engaged to Ariana Grande, and of course Ariana Grande had a great relationship with Aretha Franklin.
Speaker 1: Everybody loved Ariana Grande's voice. Arianna and Aretha had a relationship. I didn't know that Arianna kan't thing though. That is the fact that she can say. And the moral of that story drugs and vagina? What have you done some screens things? Okay, okay, that's the moral of that story. All right. Well TJ.
Speaker 6: Holmes and Amy Roback talk about a time that they spent twenty eight hundred dollars on liquor.
Speaker 1: That's how stressed they were. Was it white liquor?
Speaker 23: We added up December?
Speaker 32: Oh my goodness, how much more money. So embarrassing we spent on alcohol for the month. And we were able to do this by going back and looking at receipts from our account also looking at Drizzly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we Lovedrizzly. Almost reorder that every third number.
Speaker 32: It will Okay, we spent in the month of December two eight hundred and sixty nine dollars on alcohol.
Speaker 1: Hello, period, I'm so embarrassed. I mean, I don't know what I thought the number would be higher.
Speaker 27: To be honest with you, I'm I'm over thirty drinks a week then, and that is that is appalling to me.
Speaker 1: That is embarrassing to me.
Speaker 11: That is not what I wish it were.
Speaker 32: So I can easily go through eighteen drinks a day.
Speaker 1: I just looked up with Drizzly is it's an alcohol delivery service. You don't know what just is? No, I never heard of it. I'm old school. I go to the lick store and get my liqui. It's a delivery service.
Speaker 6: And most people that listen to podcasts, Drizzly sponsors a lot of podcasts.
Speaker 1: So his portion of podcasts brought you by Grizzley.
Speaker 6: Huh, that's how usually is. I've done it a million times. They sponsor though they sponsored a lot of stuff on Black Effect.
Speaker 1: Drizzly. Yeah, that's news to me. Don't be making up stuff about my company, bro, you just made that up.
Speaker 5: The Case what podcast is on?
Speaker 6: iHeart and I'm sure it's on Black Effect as well, and CRUs not on Black Effect. Well we do it on I Like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I know my sponsors for my company. I'm like, well it was on the Case you crew podcasts and that's one id. But I've done it before for well podcast.
Speaker 4: What I would like to say is that this has been a terrible year for interracial relationships. Right, that's what you got, Doctor Umar couldn't be more proud of me. Between Jonathan Major's and his snow Queen. Between JEZ and Genny MA and TJ and Amy. Interracial relationships seem terrible, Like, where are the positive examples of interracial relationships in mainstream media? Jonathan Major's got misdemeanor charges, GZ and Jenny man I got a divorce?
Speaker 1: And TJ and Amy we're alcoholics? What the hell is happening?
Speaker 5: I am totally against it.
Speaker 4: Where is the positive examples of interracial relationships in mainstream media?
Speaker 1: Look at you?
Speaker 6: Thank you, trying to find one, trying to find think of one. Gotta be one, red, gotta be wow, Give me five.
Speaker 1: Wow wow wow.
Speaker 4: You thought the grass was green on the other side, And look at you one it's not one, not one?
Speaker 1: Come on, I gotta be one. Somebody helped me. Help me. So by the helping, no, not one, not one.
Speaker 4: Boll salute to TJ and the may. I hope they hope they get assistance for that. I hope they get help for that. By the way, if you Drizzley and you see somebody ordering that much, at some point, you'd be like, maybe we need to stop delivering to them.
Speaker 6: That's just an app. It's like Uber eats. If you fact he's gonna keep coming to the hours doesn't stop.
Speaker 1: You're right, damn.
Speaker 4: Right, because it's like a bartender, right at some point, the bartender gotta stop serving you.
Speaker 1: If they are, they're not a ball tender.
Speaker 6: They just I'm trying to look on the wall to see if there's any interracial relationship.
Speaker 4: You think that I have interracial relationships on the wall, and there I'm actually doctor Whumar going on that wall. I'm not joking. We're doing this one. You already seen the designer over here. I got a big picture of doctor Umar going up here. Okay, you can't find with all right, I can't get now. We gotta kai Sannat.
Speaker 6: He reacts to Charlemagne shouting out and giving him some praise on his stream.
Speaker 4: He shouldn't have been criticized and cod in the first place. I don't know Campapaign never met the young man, but I salute that young man. Shut everything that he's built. You know why, because kys is not is everything we say we want hip hop to be.
Speaker 1: So that's a big statement.
Speaker 30: Bro Elliott did respond immediately after nikkis treeted about him. But the way I view it, as with the Elliott post, it was I just think, like right now, today's day and age.
Speaker 1: People been doing it for so long, right.
Speaker 10: That has been the same matter for years, for years, for years, and when there's a new thing that's out, they don't they can't really grasp and understand it. Streaming is a baby. It's very new to like the music industry and like that, Charlama, I appreciate you, bro if Andy for his club. Yeah, that's fire, Bro, I'm not gonna lie that.
Speaker 1: That's that's hard. Shout to dropping the clues bond for Kyson. That look that young man.
Speaker 4: I stand on everything I said. He's a very positive young man. He's not on line setting himself on fire for views. He's just having a good time in there, dancing with his mom and sister, listening to music, critiquing music.
Speaker 1: That's it's it's everything we love about hip hop.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but every but like you said, everything changes. This evolution is the way that we did things and not the way that our elders did it. The way that he's doing. We doing and it's dope what he's doing. I'm twenty two years old. I thank god, and he's doing well, extremely well.
Speaker 1: I thank god that young man isn't doing anything that we were doing, Okay, And that's what I'm saying. Absolutely, we are here positive.
Speaker 4: People early what we learned late, correct, Okay, So salute to cads and that.
Speaker 6: That's right, all right, And that is your rumor report. Jennifer Lopez ben Affleck interracial relationship Latino white, what that means.
Speaker 1: That's what we got to the wall. We got to see how that turns out. That's dirt, dirt, dirt. Really, I'm really talking about black men.
Speaker 4: People, get forget what I'm specifically talking about Black black men who choose partners that aren't black women. That's what I'm specifically talking about. Because you know that I believe in black love. I believe black men should be with black women and have beautiful black families. That are just my personal opinion. Okay, if you don't like it at doctor Umar Johnson, okay, d R U M A R J O H N s O and take it up with him. Okay, I'm not going back and forth with you about it, all right, but doctor Umar will.
Speaker 6: All right, just to trying to look at that wall to see No, not j Cole, not whole.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 4: But no, I don't want to mention Khan, No Kanye definitely Kanye definitely love him a snow buddy.
Speaker 5: All right, I forget.
Speaker 1: He buying about it, does it? They all look alike to.
Speaker 4: If he missed one, the next one coming and it looks just like the first one that left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, all right, Well that is your room of report. He give me a donkey, jos the forore after the hour man.
Speaker 4: This is the first donkey of the No, this is the first donkey of the year from Florida. His name is Kurt Beck. And we're going to have a conversation with you about you know what. We'll talk about when we come back for after that. It only took five days. We just only been here five days.
Speaker 1: But that's a long time for Florida.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 5: Make sure you're telling to watch out for Florida. Miloria, Milorda.
Speaker 1: The craziest people in America come from the bronx in all of Florida. Yes, you are a donkey. The Florida man attacked an ATM for.
Speaker 26: A very strange reason.
Speaker 1: It gave him too much money.
Speaker 11: Florida man is arrested after death.
Speaker 30: He says he riggs the door to his home in an attempt to electric hit his president.
Speaker 11: White police arrested in Orlando.
Speaker 1: Man, we're talking us from Mela the breakfast club. Bitch, you donkey of the day, Charlam Hayne to God.
Speaker 23: I don't know why y'all keep letting him get y'all electric.
Speaker 4: It's not me as y'all donkey today for Friday, January twelfth goes to a thirty three year old Florida man named Kurt Beck. What does your uncle Shawla always say about the great state of Florida. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today is no exception. This is actually the first Florida Donkey of twenty twenty four. I know we just got back on the eighth, but you mean to tell me Florida went all week without getting the donkey of the day. What happened Florida, y'all got saved? Did Eric Abadu go down there and saved the whole state? Did Sarah Jakes Robins say have prayed for Florida? What's happening? Did everyone in Florida make a New Year's resolution? And not be donkey of the day, no move. Well, Kurt has already broke that resolution, and honestly, I have empathy for him. So y'all try not to judge people based on what they do when they are in survival mode. And if I'm being honest, Kurt was just trying to survive. And yes he did break the law, which is the reason he's getting donkey of to day to day. But I feel like deputies with the Volsia County Sheriffs should have a heart. Okay, you don't got to be ten men all your life, and even the ten man long for a heart.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 4: According to an arrest affidavit, a cashier witness the man in the jacket leaving the store while concealing several bags of one of the greatest comfort foods ever created, a food that brings so many people together and brings us so much much joy and causes us to socialize. And that food, Ladies and ghettlemen, is krab Legs dropping the clues bond for Cradlegs. Okay, Now, this is Florida, so it's always an amazing, amazing plot twist. Now, Kurt had a friend with him. With the friend didn't steal anything. He was serving as more of a lookout, a sexy decoy, and he walked behind Kurt as they exited the store.
Speaker 1: Now a store manager followed them out. Why why huh huh? Whoever?
Speaker 4: The store manager is just know when Dixie ain't dying for you, okay, not nobody, and when Dixie is gonna put their life on the line to you. So why would you follow somebody outside and confront them over stealing krab legs?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: The only logical answer is there was like this crab leg shortage last year on red and blue king krabs, and maybe, just maybe this store manager was planning to make a seafood boil, but he couldn't afford the crab legs until he got his next check. And if Kurt is stealing crab legs and it won't be no krab legs for the store manager, store manager to the buy when he gets fad.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, I made this whole story up in my head.
Speaker 4: But the moral of it is, if I'm a store manager at whyn Dixie, I'm not following outside for nothing. Okay, you can have whatever you stole, go home and crack those crab legs will be a right. But if I follow you outside and confront you and you crack my head open like a king krab leg, then I won't be well. According to the arrest, after David the Mint attempted to leave, but their car wouldn't start. Florida ladies and get them in Florida, the car would not start. That's gotta feel like Bruce Banner in Infinity War when Halt couldn't come out to fight. I mean, of all the times for you not to start miss the car, you're gonna choose right now. If this isn't God letting you know that you're doing something wrong, then I don't know what it is. Oh with a tangled web we weave when we steal crablegs and try to leave. Now it gets better. Kurt, after his car wouldn't start, simply tried to give the krab legs back to the store manager. Now, if you ask me, the store manager should have just felt pity for these fools and taken the krab legs back. But no, this store manager said he was going to pursue criminal charges. He said, when Dixie was going to pursue criminal charges. I don't agree, but this man, Kirk did break the law. So after they were in custody, right admitted during question it he knew what he did was wrong.
Speaker 11: Duh.
Speaker 4: Of course he knew it was wrong, but it was a chance he was willing to take. Because what is a seafood boil without crab legs?
Speaker 1: All right? This man had to get together plans. Clearly a whole crab crack.
Speaker 4: He didn't have money for the krab legs because he probably spent his money on beer. Hell is Florida, so you probably spent money on some meth too. And fun fact, a couple of days ago, authorities found some meth and a crab.
Speaker 1: Boil at a Louisiana airport. True story, do your google's But back to Florida.
Speaker 4: When police questioned kurtz homie that was with him, deputies learned that he did not steal any merchandise and was acting only as the driver for Kurt due to Kurt's license being suspended. Nothing like a criminal with a conscience, all right, He knows he can't commit two crimes. But if you ain't got no license and you don't got the kind of car, that's thoughts. When you want to you probably need to keep your getaway driving to a minimum. And the way you keep your getaway driving to a minimum is by not committing the crime in the first place. Now we have a person who works here on the Breakfast Club. You have affectionately heard me refer to him as the president of the Fat Lives Matter Committee. He actually started with us here at the Breakfast Club is and then turned back in like twenty eleven or twenty twelve, and he's back with us now. He's back with us all last year. And you know he didn't want to get on cameraun till he lost some weight. So you know, camera ads about ten pounds, So he lost the weight, did it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And he would like to come in and explain to us why Kurt doesn't deserve donkey of the day at all.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen. You see him on wild'n Out, You see him on the road doing stand up as one half of the duo Thick and Thing. Please welcome the president of the Fat Lives Matter Committee. Big Mac is here. Yes, our fat Mac, as Rose calls him. Did he lose it? He did? He did?
Speaker 5: He did?
Speaker 1: He looks ditter.
Speaker 5: Tell me.
Speaker 1: Tell me Mac, why Kurt doesn't deserve donkey at all. One word inflation.
Speaker 15: Have you heard of it?
Speaker 9: Like, come on now, the price of anything is way too high now to the point where I'm surprised it's not more that just happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, higher food prices did boost over all inflation and December that is true.
Speaker 9: How has it impacted you impacted me? Come on now, I'm the president of the fatalys Medican. The whole committee is we had all type of meaning. So I did some independent research. Right So the fact that crab legs, if you want three pounds of it, is going for about two hundred right now, two hundred, which is kind of crazy because now I understand why mister crabs was so cheap, because people's coming after him to get that two hundreds.
Speaker 1: It's a lot right now.
Speaker 4: So you guys told about six pounds of crab crazy to understanding you ain't got you ain't got that much money.
Speaker 1: How many pounds do you eat yourself? How many pounds do you eat yourself?
Speaker 9: A metric ton is actually how it comes up on the scale. Google that anyway, I'm so lobster tails crazy buck fifty a pound a buck fifty for some lobster tail.
Speaker 1: Damn, where are you shopping that?
Speaker 9: Listen, I'm trying to tell you. See you guys, you guys, this is you on the rich side of the grocery store. This is the regular people. They trying to tax us early. But while I'm here, you know what I mean, I don't really get this opportunity. While I'm here and I got your ear, I got some other issues. Of the quarter pounded with cheese, the value meal about fourteen dollars.
Speaker 5: That's too expensive.
Speaker 1: Now it's way too because the number.
Speaker 6: Two right, the two cheese burgers used to be three ninety nine cy That was like eight dollars, not too much.
Speaker 1: That double quarter pounder better looked like me for fourteen dollars. God, that's not a value mail, What value was that? That's crazy.
Speaker 9: The price of eggs at one point were more expensive than Hunter Biden's cocaine.
Speaker 1: That that right there, And that's how you start your day with eggs. You guys eat eggs. Oh well, I've seen Charlotte Mane need eggs. How many eggs you eat? How much is the baker's Was it like thirteen thirteen? Two of them?
Speaker 5: Two bakers?
Speaker 9: Jesus Christ yeah, kool Aid. I don't know last time y'all bought kool aid? Remember the little packets forty nine cents? Growing up it was ten cents.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 9: You can get a fifty cent You get five of all the flavors, red, great fruit prints, Now.
Speaker 1: Fifty cents get you won? I hate all passionate you are about this.
Speaker 9: Nah, Listen, I don't get this opportunity and listen. Stores Arizon, the iced teas it says ninety nine said on the can. Don't be charging me a buck.
Speaker 5: Fifty for that.
Speaker 1: It's still say it says ninety.
Speaker 9: Nine cents on it. When I buy and I ring and guess what it says one fifty? I'm like, nah, bro, that's gonna come out of your pocket.
Speaker 1: All you talking about a bunch of stuff you shouldn't be knowing?
Speaker 9: And chip and dip. I gotta make a decision in the store. Do I want the chip or do I want the dip? Because they're so expensive and wild? What do you say you nah, I'm like my man in Florida.
Speaker 1: I'm stealing it.
Speaker 9: You put it under I'm putting whatever it's cheaper. I asked, what I'm going through the you know, the self checkout of Warmer. I go through there, but the rest of it I put it all onto my rolls and folds.
Speaker 1: We gotta get you more money up here, man.
Speaker 5: Shout out to Florida.
Speaker 1: We gotta get him on a diet, like more money. We gotta listen. I don't. I don't do anything that has the word dyeing it. It just doesn't sound good.
Speaker 4: So, oh God, please give what's the guy's name, Kurt back the biggest sea hall Jesus, I like this. Every whiting is three fifty a pounds, two buddies, the white and too damn high as well.
Speaker 1: You don't play again?
Speaker 5: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I won't play again.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 1: I won't play again. Guess how much mac. Guess how much mack he weighs. I think it went two seventy five. Leave him alone.
Speaker 4: I'll say, uh, I'm not playing at carry the two both legs or one leg.
Speaker 1: I'm not having three pounds. I think it'sok, three pounds. I'm not having this conversation. He always That's what I'm talking about, Scheuf. It's twenty twenty four. All that fat shaming you was doing all twenty twenty three. It's over for that.
Speaker 9: I'm never fat shamedy shout to everybody that's sweats sitting down we out here, whoa Jesus Christ, cime you up?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, thank you to beer, to Big Mac. Whoa mister, I have a stomach growler? You think Mac calling you?
Speaker 5: You're just hungry?
Speaker 6: All right now, when we come back, Dean Phillips will be joining us. He's running for president and we'll see.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's also the US Representative of Minnesota and he's the twenty twenty four presidential candidate. He's actually the only person in the Democratic Party who's actually a member of Congress who decided to challenge President Biden.
Speaker 9: And he says his career is over because of it. And I hope you bring down the food prices if you get in there. That's all you care about him, I mean, that's important.
Speaker 1: Boat, your interests back, We're going to talk to when we come back, and don't move. It's to breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne, the guy. We are the breakfast Club. You got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: US Representative of Minnesota and twenty twenty four presidential candidate Dean Phillips Well.
Speaker 23: Utison, Good morning, gentlemen.
Speaker 5: How are you.
Speaker 23: I'm you know what I'm I'm humbled. I'm really humbled to be with you guys. I'm doing it great, happy to be in Manhattan, happy to be on this journey, and happy to be with you guys.
Speaker 1: So let's let's start with why why jumping into this crazy race?
Speaker 23: Well, because I'll be alive to see the fruits of our labor. That's one reason I think it's time for change. I'm sick of a country that makes all these promises, doesn't fulfill any And when I went to Congress in twenty nineteen, I was just disgusted. Now I understand what's so damn wrong in our country and why this system defeats everybody here, and I want to do something about it. I lost my dad in Vietnam. He gave his life to the country. The least I can do is pay something back. And the way to do it is to try to change stuff. And I'm really frustrated and I'm disappointed and the lack of courage in Washington and Congress in this country. Right now, I think It's time for our generations to rise and stop this nonsense and actually realize what we can be and reclaim some of the principles and values I think we all share. And I'm really pissed off, to be honest with you. What is pissed off? What is wrong with our country? Well, I think our country was founded on the premise that all are created equal, and we've never fulfilled it. And that's just true in so many cases. And you know, Washington is such a culture of rewards for the wealthy and the well connected. And it's this little capsule, it's this little like balloon, if you will, that is so disconnected from reality. And we have a system that breeds and rewards sticking around there and staying there and nobody gets out and listens. And I've only been doing this two months.
Speaker 28: You know.
Speaker 23: Look, I come from Minnesota. I'm a white congressman from a suburban Minneapolis district. I thought I knew I thought I knew people. I thought I knew it was wrong. But boy, until I've been traveling the country and going to little towns and through the east and west, north and south, I got to tell you, it's really opened my heart and mind, and we're broken. And we can either complain about it and argue about and yell about it and hate each other for it, or we can do something about it. I still think we can do something about it. And I just want to be that voice. It's a lonely voice some days, but that's what I want to do.
Speaker 6: Always ask, so, what do you think about the job that Biden has done so far? And jumping on with Charlama said, what do you think he could have done better?
Speaker 23: Well, look, you know, I respect our president and I'm so glad he won in twenty twenty because he saved us. He can't do it again. He's not electable. But to answer your question directly, which I know is rare for politicians, you know, I think it's a lot of promises, you know, a lot of promises. A lot of people promise to do this and that, and then they get into office and then they you know, they love the seats and they love the chairs and they love the thrones, if you will, and don't do a whole lot. I think he's a good man. I think he's served our country well. But when you've been there for fifty years, you've never had life experience outside of Washington, d C. It changes, you, man, You know, it just does.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 23: I come at it from a different angle. I don't want to condemn him and demean him, but I think he's let a lot of people down, and I want to do something differently, And I think it's time to stop rewarding the wealthy and the well connected and actually bring people to the table who are not just deserving, but have great ideas and can change this nonsense. Because you know, we've got a lot. We spend a trillion dollars a year. You know that, a trillion dollars a year defending defending ourselves, right, But look, we got people sleeping in the streets, kids going to school, hungry. You know, racial wealth gaps that are just disgusting. We have education gaps, we have housing gaps. Food and fuel are too expensive, and we're spending all this money around the world trying to keep us We've got people sleeping in the streets.
Speaker 4: So you know what, we say, we got money for war, we can't feed the Poul Bingo question, was there like an unwritten agreement in Washington that Biden was supposed to only run for one term.
Speaker 23: Look, at we all knew that he was going to serve one term. You know, he said it essentially, he implied, if not explicit and look at, people can change their minds, and he did. I think he's doing himself in the country a huge disservice. But I can't say he told us specifically, I will serve one term. Don't tell anybody. But I think that's what we all expected. And that's why I'm disappointed, because Democrats were disappointed that he was running again. But god forbid you actually get in front of the cameras and say it. You know, I torpedoed my career for doing just that, and so bid someone's got to say it.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you that, are you worried about the future of your political career after this? Do you have a future in politics after this?
Speaker 23: Not after becoming president? You know, seriously, I look you know, well, I look at well. We can talk a lot of stories, but I woke up the morning after the twenty sixteen election. I had a really nice life, built belvity or vodka and sold it, and built twenty Gelatto the ice cream brand, and sold it.
Speaker 1: Oh you was the one of the owner the Beloty of Osorn.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I got a great story to tell you on that one. If you want to hear one and all breaking down. Yeah, yeah, Well look, okay, I'll tell the Belvedere story. Okay, this is actually a good one. So in nineteen ninety three, my father and I and our business partner go to Poland because we think we can sell schnapps to the polls said you fathered you my father. Oh, so my dad died in Vietnam. I was six months I'll tell you a quick story. My dad was twenty six when he was killed. I was six months old. My mom was twenty four and widowed. By the way, my dad grew up poor in Minnesota. Dad, his dad died my grandpa when he was a kid. He couldn't afford college. He earned an ROTC scholarship and that's why he went to Vietnam. So my mom was twenty four and widowed. We have no where to live, and we had to stay with my great grandparents for three years. And then I got lucky, you know, I got lucky. My mom remarried and when I was three years old, adopted by a father named Eddie Phillips brought me into an amazing family of success in philanthropy. My grandma was dear Abby and Andy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he wrought some advice.
Speaker 23: You got some love learnings, guy, let me help you out. Yeah, it's a whole nother story. And anyway, I got lucky and ended up joining the family business out of college, and we wanted to expand, so we went to Poland to try to sell some of our stuff. We made snops of all things. But we get to Poland and we see the most beautiful bottle we'd ever seen. It was Chopan vodka at the duty free store, and then we also discovered Belvedere, and we changed our whole trip to ask the Polish government if we could be the importers of this beautiful vodka. My dad, on the back of a napkin, looked at absolute and slowly the most beautiful brands of the time fifteen dollars a bottle, and he thought, you know, we can actually take it up a notch. He liked the idea of when there's two big brands fighting each other, there's a way to go above them. So we did it, and the brand was introduced, and it didn't do that well at first. It was twenty five dollars. It was very expensive. We didn't have a lot of access to the market. But I'm getting ready. One morning, it must have been nineteen ninety seven, a few years, a couple of years in, and I've got MTV on, and I see a jay Z video where he's got belvidere. He's pouring it.
Speaker 1: Big pimpin, right, that was big pimpin.
Speaker 23: I don't remember. I think it was pouring him on.
Speaker 5: People.
Speaker 23: You open the fridge, it's filled with belvidere, and I literally I dropped my razor and I called, this is analog are? I called my father. I'm like, Dad, turn on MTV. Of course he doesn't know what channel it was, so and I don't worry. They're going to play it ten times again today. Our whole business. At that time, we had twenty people. We sat around the TV in our office waiting for that video to come back on. And I'm telling you, it was a moment I'll never forget. The video comes on and we are just our jaws hit the floor because we knew everything was going to change. And sure enough, within a couple of weeks, you guys, I mean, the orders started just pouring pouring in.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 23: So what happens. Jay Z contacts my father and they have dinner in Manhattan, and the way it was described both by Jay Brown and my dad Eddie Phillips, it was a beautiful dinner. And jay Z, as he often does, was soliciting advice and business council. And you might know jay Z introduced to the vodka brand you know that called Armadale.
Speaker 1: I'm remember that.
Speaker 23: Yeah, didn't do that well, but that was a result. I think of that experience, jay Z built belvede Or Vodka, and I think that was the first time, maybe this whole country recognized that power of influencers back in an analog era.
Speaker 4: I remember, why didn't y'all give Like, why didn't y'all just give them equity into the company.
Speaker 23: He didn't ask for it. Really wow, Wow, I don't think j I think jay Z had his own, had.
Speaker 1: His own idea.
Speaker 23: But I'm glad you say that, actually, Charlott Mane, because our family culture, my grandfather used to tell me all the time. He said, Dean money is like manure. You stack it up, that stinks, but if you spread it out, it fertilizes. So that was his whole culture and business. He established the first profit sharing program in America in the nineteen forties. We had secretaries retiring with seven figure, you know, retirement accounts. When we sold Belvedere, we shared it with our employees. When we sold to Lenty, we shared with employees, because that's kind of the joy of business is to share. So I don't have an answer for you why we didn't share equity with him.
Speaker 4: But did y'all reach out to any other artists or even try to have a more long term partnership with them or.
Speaker 23: You know, we talked about that at the time and felt that the brand was predicated on authenticity, so rather than paying people to position it and market it, and we just thought it was better to have an authentic brand. So I'm not going to say we've done that on every brand, but on Belvidere, it was about authenticity, so we let people adopt it, discover it themselves and worked pretty well.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: We got more with Dean Phillips when we come back, don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good Morning Morning, Everybody's dj n V Charlemagne the guy. We are to Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Dean Phillips. He's running for president this year, Charlomagne.
Speaker 4: I find interest in Joe Biden said. He said himself that he thinks that at least fifty other Democrats could beat Trump. So with that said, why don't more people primary him? Why why didn't people take that at an invitation?
Speaker 23: I'll tell you, Charlem Mane, because nobody wants to go through through what I'm going through right now, which is the most vicious, atrocious, aggressive attacks you can possibly imagine, and now saying oh yeah, man, I mean, I mean it's aggressive. I mean two months ago, I was a darling and the Democratic Party and now I'm the devil.
Speaker 5: And I knew that.
Speaker 23: And by the way, I knew that. I knew what I was getting into. But you asked the question, why don't others do it? Well, most people don't want to be subject to it. Most people want to protect their image and their future and their their career. And that's why you have all these sheep in Washington falling in line constantly saying the same thing based on the talking points, because they don't want to do anything to hurt the next chance to be reelected. So when I did this, I knew my career in Congress was done, and it is. And when I called other candidates whose names are much better known than me, they all said basically, they said no because they knew what they would be subject to. And I just wish more people had the courage to stand up right now. And I'm disappointed, you.
Speaker 4: Know Biden that he said that Trump is the end of democracy as we know it, which I agree with, but isn't I'm skipping out on debates the lack of democracy.
Speaker 23: Do thanks for saying it. Thanks for just saying the quiet part out loud, seriously, Charlemagne, Man, That's exactly what I'm trying to say. How can Democrats say we're fighting for democracy, we're fighting to make voting easier, and then yet removing me from the ballot in Florida and North Carolina. How can you say you are for free speech and protecting freedom and democracy and not even consent to doing one debate?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 23: How can you say this? How can you say to right now they're saying this to voters in New Hampshire that their vote doesn't count, that this is a meaningless primary. And it's true, by the way, Democratic voters in Florida, North Carolina and New Hampshire. Their votes don't count because in two states there isn't going to be a Democratic primary and the other state there is, and their votes aren't going to matter. And this is the United States of America. So look, I was in the House Chamber on January sixth. I know what an insurrection is, like, I know who inspired it and who promoted it. And now, frankly, Democrats are doing something to Democrae that I think is just as dangerous as the insurrection, because at the end of the day, one was to prevent the counting of ballots, and right now the Democratic Party is literally trying to prevent names from being added to ballots and people from even voting on those ballots. So that's the truth, and they don't want to hear it. They don't want me to say it. But guys, man, someone's got to listen.
Speaker 4: What happens to the America if Biden loses a Trump? No hyperbole, no exaggeration. What do you think happened to the America Biden loses a Trump.
Speaker 23: Here's what's going to happen. He is on a mission to literally destroy every single institution of democracy. How do you destroy institutions of democracy. You depopulate them. Everybody of integrity, of competency who's serving right now our government, by the way, they work really hard and they make very little money, and it's not an easy job. We're going to lose a lot of them. And when you lose them, they're either going to be replaced with people who are sick offants of Donald Trump, or with people who are incompetent. And as he will methodically destroy these institutions, we will no longer have that foundation, mark my words. And that's what's at risk. And he's, by the way, not just at risk. He's going to win if it's Joe Biden at the top of the ticket. The whole reason I'm trying to issue this wake up call to Democrats who are being deluded by the Democratic Party is he is going to lose. Young people in America now favor Donald Trump. Hispanic Americans, Latino Americans favor Donald Trump. Eighty three percent of Democrats under thirty want a different nominee. His approval numbers are the lowest in that think American history. And you know what's going on in the black community. I mean, why don't we wake up, Why wouldn't we have a competition. Why wouldn't the Democratic Party want to have a competition.
Speaker 1: It's very weak.
Speaker 23: Yeah, well, why, it's very simple. When you are connected to power and privilege and prestige, you want to protect it and anything that might disrupt it is a threat. It's not about people, it's about the protection of privilege. And here's the other thing about Trump. He's watched President she He's watched Vladimir Putin basically become presidents for life. You don't think, you don't think, come twenty twenty eight, he's going to say, you know what, I think I'm gonna stick around another four.
Speaker 1: Years saying it.
Speaker 23: Of course, of course, of course that's what's gonna happen. And you talk about the end of democracy. What better represents the end of democracy than someone who says I'm going to forego the basics of American democracy.
Speaker 4: What could the Biden administration do to energize people and reverse what we've seen we've been seeing in the polls, if anything, and when I say administration, I mean him and the vice president.
Speaker 23: Well, if they even can envy, I think you just hit the nail on the head. I've been in the consumer products business pretty much my whole life and marketing and packaging, right, you know, I know when a product it's kind of reached the end of its kind of life cycle, when people have kind of moved on, people have moved on. I don't think there's anything Joe Biden can do to change this. To be honest with you, I think it is fully baked. We live in an arrow is on. Once your brand is hardened, it's really hard to change. He might say, what, We've got ninety million dollars, and you know, at the end of the day, people are going to see it'socracy versus you know, authoritarianism. How tired is everybody of just trying to vote for the lesser of two evils?
Speaker 21: You know?
Speaker 23: How cool? They maybe get excited again about you know, some good stuff, and that's my hope. But boy, you guys, when only like fifteen percent of Americans turn out and vote in primary elections, we don't have the right then to get upset in a general election. So I hope everyone listening right now, if you really want to, if you want to give this one more, try go out and vote in the primary and shake it up. So please vote and let us try to change this nonsense.
Speaker 1: How do people donate the your campaign.
Speaker 23: Dan twenty four dot com, And I don't consider it a donation. I considered investment. You know, I talked about ownership. I want you to own a part of this campaign. You know, I don't want just your money. I want your ideas. I want your time, I want your energy, I want your your commitment. I don't I don't care your race, your religion, your your geography, your politics. You know, I love everybody, man, and I'm really concerned about parties that are trying to tell us otherwise. I'm tired of entertainment telling us that we're more divided than we really are. So Dan twenty four dot com, if you got five bucks, ten bucks, that's awesome. But more than that, help me spread the word, you know, post something on social media, you know, get people to kind of mobilize and share your ideas. You know, I don't know it all. I got a lot to learn.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, there you have it, as dean and gentlemen, and it was give it to you, give it to me, give me that phone, that who's the jay Z.
Speaker 5: I want to love you.
Speaker 23: I want to love you.
Speaker 1: I want to love you.
Speaker 23: Hey, that's a good that's a good way to end this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so there it goes right. Here is Dean Phillips. Ladies and gentlemen. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, thank you, thank.
Speaker 5: You guys, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 21: Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is DJ n V charlamagnea Gude. We ought to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: It's time for past the Oaks.
Speaker 20: Yeah, DJing and why l a Big nine like a t L Shorty.
Speaker 4: You've been in Atlanta all week long year because you're filling in for Jojo Jojo flew to Jojo and you're out down there with a.
Speaker 9: Kojo Kodak Kodak that's my name for both of them together, Coch Kodak.
Speaker 1: That was a good playoffs.
Speaker 7: I made that.
Speaker 5: I just made that.
Speaker 1: We know to Lutha Kojo, you know what I mean, Kodak from Jojo, shout to shout to louis my guy out there. This guy's crazy. We'll be in Atlanta and April too for the Black Fan Podcast festival.
Speaker 2: But oh fire, that festival was a good time and Atlanta is definitely a good time.
Speaker 11: I'm really enjoying myself.
Speaker 1: I went outside. Atlanta makes you outside. It just makes you go. They always outside, but everybody's nice.
Speaker 12: It's different.
Speaker 1: It's so different from New York.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, like people are really nice, people want to collab rate and work. I'm just I'm used to having to pull teeth to get things done here, so I'm definitely enjoying the energy. Nonetheless, one of the artists that I met out there, his name is Jack Freeman.
Speaker 11: He has a new record.
Speaker 1: I think he's signed to Michael B. Cox. I meant Michael B.
Speaker 2: Cox out there too, But the songs called Undressed.
Speaker 1: If you hadn't have told me that Michael B. Cox was a.
Speaker 4: On that record, I would have said, whoever that young man is working with is somebody who knows how to make R and B. So it's probably somebody from OG that's like a that sound like a traditional R and B wreck, Absolutely you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: R and B record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's dropping a project soon, so that's just one of the singles off it. But shout out to Jack Freeman. The next record that I'm gonna get into is The Game and Big Hit. You know hip Boy's dad.
Speaker 1: Hard Hard Hard?
Speaker 15: Yo?
Speaker 1: Why why are we not talking about that story more?
Speaker 5: What's that?
Speaker 1: The fact that hip boy did an album with his dad. Have they even done any conversations about it? I haven't seen. I haven't seen nothing about it.
Speaker 2: And I thought it was cool because you know, I didn tate with my dad two years ago, so I think it's cool to do collaborations with family.
Speaker 4: That's such a great story, you know what I mean, because clearly hit boys like what second generation hip hop? You know what I mean, because it pops clearly his first generation hip hop. That's a great story. And that record is hard. That's the that's the girls Girls Girls, whatever song they used. What did they sample for girls Girls Girls? That sound like the sample of that?
Speaker 1: It's a sample, same sample, right yea? But yeah, now he ate that, love that and it left. That's the same right back to the why I know y'all heard that before. It's crazy. He did a good job. He did a good job last but not least.
Speaker 2: This record been out a minute, but I just wanted to give it a shout out as being the Butcher and little Wayne with big Dogs.
Speaker 1: Earlier today shout the Butcher his album Hard too. Everybody can't go.
Speaker 2: I love that and I love the fact that Wayne is hitting a new year I feel like Wayne is already home. I know, but it's kind of like how Na said, I'm having a second prime second wind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like had like Wayne has had like five of those. Yeah, but he's having one. I don't. I guess I just don't.
Speaker 4: Never, I've never there was a time where I thought Wayne's music was in. But that's only because I probably was having Wayne fatigue. But even if you go back and you listen to that stuff, now.
Speaker 1: Wayne probably the most consistent rapper ever, Like really for the amount of music that he puts out, he's probably like the most consistent rapper ever between like a Hymn, a Gucci, A Future, a Ross, Like I'm thinking about people that constantly put music out Rake Drake.
Speaker 4: Oh, definitely absolutely yeah. I'm sorry, absolutely absolutely yeah.
Speaker 6: When you said constantly you talk my albums or you tell my songs everything, but Jade puts out a lot.
Speaker 5: Of music, No, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: He does not not in recent times. No, you gotta think Wayne has been around just as.
Speaker 2: Long as I'm gonna say, Wayne just has more catalog than the other people that you named. Yes, but I will say there was a time period where I wasn't in love with Wayne versus.
Speaker 1: I think it was fatigue. I would like that too.
Speaker 4: I think it was more fatigued than his versus actually being whack. Wayne and Wayne have not delivered like whack verse, but it was.
Speaker 6: At one time, but Wayne started doing the rock and roll stuff that he started doing the singing stuff where people fell off Wayne a little bit during that time.
Speaker 4: But it's still like, think about the run he's been doing. Wayne has been around since ninety seven ninety eight, like if he was listening to the baby Gangs to take the cash money has been around that long, right, So it's like Wayne's had about four or five different iterations of primes.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 11: Well he's been another one.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So as far as updates, maxture you guys follow me on Instagram at nilis Simone. Make sure you stay tapped into the Certified Vibe playlist, and make sure you guys ARESVP for our next CERTI five Vibe Live event, which is going to be in La we kicking off Grammy Weekend at the Peppermint Club.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the next one.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 1: January twenty eighth, Nam did It? No? Did how Many?
Speaker 4: In New York four five for four or five successful ones in New York, successful one in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Now you're going to La for Grammy weekend. That's right, No, it's crazy. See things happen fast there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we outside follow us at Nyla Simone and at it's a certified vibe all right.
Speaker 6: Now when we come back, we got the People's Choice mixing that we throw back on a Friday, now, lok, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Of course, anytime it's the Breakfast CLU, good.
Speaker 3: Morning, the Breakfast Club. Your morning's will never be the same morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is Dean j NV Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now we got a salute to Dean Phillips.
Speaker 1: For joining us this morning, man, salutor. Dean Phillips.
Speaker 4: He is the congressional representative of Minnesota in Congress, and he he's a twenty twenty four presidential candidate. He's like, well, the only Democrat who's choosing to run against Joe Biden. So as you heard him this morning, he says political career is probably over because of that day, know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But it don't matter. He's filthy rich. He is filthy, yes, and Salutor.
Speaker 4: Benny the Butcher to his album Everybody Can't Go is out January twenty sixth.
Speaker 6: I turned out the date no January twenty sixth. Okay Enal came out today, Braun came out today, and it is.
Speaker 1: Martin Luther King weekend Man. Make sure you go out there and check out The Book of Clarence.
Speaker 4: The Book of Clarence is in theats today, written by my man, James Samiel's executive produced by a whole it is.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great film.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a very layered film, and I can't wait to to think pieces and everybody goes and see it and start to have conversations about it. That's right, because you know a lot of people are upset because they feel like it's blasphemy towards Jesus. But what blasphemy towards Jesus? But I think if you see it blasphemy, you'll think otherwise.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: Like the little nas X record, I haven't heard it image.
Speaker 6: People are upset about it, and you know the image and everything, but it is totally different. This is a you just got to go see the movie. Go see the movie. I know my parents are going to see the movie today, So definitely go out and support and go out and support the color purple too as well.
Speaker 1: Make sure you go support those. Yes, it's only been like you better make sure about that. I don't know on Amazon. It might be on Amazon.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know, and so Luthor speaking of parents, My dad texts me and he said, Whiting is expensive if you buy it by the cases one hundred and thirty dollars, it comes with full slab ten. I'll be honest with you, I don't know what this. I can't even read the second text message. I don't even know what this means. He put it come with four slab ten dot IV dot each dot.
Speaker 1: Do the math. I don't know what.
Speaker 4: I just understand he said, why I think he's expensive. I buy b I e it by by the case one hundred and thirty dollars.
Speaker 6: That sounds like he was talking into the phone and phone just doing certain things, especially that that country acted Bobby.
Speaker 1: You know, he was talking into the phone saluting my pops.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Alright, is he still buying the ticket for the super Bowl? We listen, We're definitely going to the Super Bowl. Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: You played Green Bay, the Green Bay funch Packers this Sunday, So I'll be in here Tuesday talking to y'all about the second round in the NFL playoffs.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, let's go. This is all your baby pops. Don't buy, don't ticket to Vegas.
Speaker 5: I ain't going.
Speaker 1: Ain't buying in no way I'm a buy it. Even if you do, you get to see ushers, So it's okay. They don't want see usher n they won't see the Cowboys. Seen you Usher in Vegas already.
Speaker 4: I need to take my daddy the go see the Dallas Cowboys in the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Okay. We have been to a super Bowl since nineteen ninety six. That's one of my dreams. And all my dreams come true, so I know eventually it's gonna happen. This is all years.
Speaker 21: Boy.
Speaker 4: Well, there's nothing I've manifested that hasn't happened, except for a new co host here on the Breakfast Club. Okay, that's the only thing I've manifested thus far that has not happened.
Speaker 1: What's going all right?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Don't ask me no questions. What Uncle Murder said. It's crazy. It's crazy, is crazy, Okay, it's.
Speaker 4: Lout uncle murder. I don't know, man, don't ask me no questions. I don't know, Okay, I don't know. I don't know what's happening. I don't know what the apps on the craps is.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, but when we come back, we got the positive notice to the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's DJ n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. You got a positive note. I do have a positive note.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: It's something I want you to think about this Martin Luther King Junior weekend, because we all have a tendency to do this, especially when we're seeking backalidation from people on social media who don't give a damn about us. But I read this and I just thought it was interesting. Isn't it ironic? We ignore the ones who adore us, adore the ones who ignore us, love the ones who hurt us, and hurt the ones that love us.
Speaker 5: Why.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but think about that this weekend.
Speaker 4: And I also want to tell y'all make sure to keep subscribing to the Native Land podcast on the Reasoning Choice Media. iHeart Radio podcast Network currently it's the number two Podcasts and Politics with Angela Rai, Andrew Gillim and Tiffany Cross. So make sure you go and subscribe to the first episode, which is available now wherever you listen to podcasts, and make sure you subscribe to Sarah Jakes Roberts podcast Women Evolved. Sarah Jkes robertson The Woman Evolve is now partnered with The Black Effect and iHeartRadio, so make sure you go support the good Sister Sarah Jke Roberts and the good Sister Angela Raie, Tiffany Cross and the Brother Andrew Gillim.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you have a great weekend breakfast club bitches. Y'll finished for y'all.
Speaker 5: Done,