Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time. Y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 3: At all at all. So don't give the.
Speaker 4: Black bus busy listening to me show.
Speaker 3: I don't joy, Joy, Have.
Speaker 2: You got to do that?
Speaker 5: You love you?
Speaker 6: You gotta turn.
Speaker 3: Turn you to turn the mouth, turn you probably got to turn the mouth, turn out the water the monu.
Speaker 7: Look, come.
Speaker 2: Come on, you think I sure will? Good morning everybody. You'll listen to the voice. Now, come on, digny one and only.
Speaker 5: Steve Harvey got a radio show one more time partner, Steve Harvey got a radio show.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: How amazing is that? How good has God been to me? How good has He been to you? Just check yourself sometimes, just sit up and just just run a survey. Just look at your life where it's at. That might not be where you want it to be, but that's probably some decisions you made. But really, though, in spite of all the crazy mistakes I don't made, I mean, man, I I I look back at some of the decisions I done came up with, and and man, it's it's it's just amazing.
Speaker 2: He let me live. I mean, it's it's and and and to exist the way I exist it that's nothing but grace, mercy, favor. All that is.
Speaker 5: That's what my mama praying for me when I wasn't praying for myself. That had to be it, because, man, I can truly tell you I have made enough mistakes man, stuff you would never even know about, and recovered from.
Speaker 2: Them all you can too, and I don't care what you've done.
Speaker 5: Marvin Sap has a song out that says he saw the best in me when everyone else around me could only see the worst in me. You know that's an important song man, especially you know. I want to talk to men today because man, being a man is so so difficult. Please know it has been my quest ever since I was a little boy. My father had one ambition. Son, I don't care what you do, but when I get through raising you, you will be a man.
Speaker 2: That's all. I want you to be.
Speaker 5: Cared what I did for a living and it never made a difference to him. You're going to be a man. Manhood is difficult. Now, ladies, just listening to this, I'm not saying womanhood ain't. I don't know what it takes to be a woman, so you know, but I do know exactly what it takes to be a man. So you know, sometimes when you talk to people on the radio, you have to preface things because people are just going he trying to make it look like womanhood.
Speaker 2: Ain't. No, That's not what I'm doing.
Speaker 5: I'm just talking to men today to explain to them that they ain't by theyself and struggling trying to figure this thing out, that you are not alone in your quest for manhood. That is difficult, I gotta tell you, man manhood is that kind of difficult, and it becomes even more compounded if a young boy does not have a male role model.
Speaker 2: I've said it a thousand times. I'll say it again.
Speaker 5: A young boy without a male role model is like an explorer without a man. Well, I have a suggestion for everybody that's struggling with manhood and all of the men out there that are men. This messages for all of us, and it's for me too.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: I was listening to Jeorce Myers the other day and she made a statement. She said, sometimes you got to do the right thing even when it feels wrong. You know, one of the difficulties of manhood is peer pressure and the misguided principles of manhood. See what God wants us to be as men and what we believe manhood is. It is sometimes two different things. I'll give you an example. I wrote this book for women, right and I was telling them the three ways that a man shows his love, and I call them three p's. We profess, we protect, and we provide. Every man who is a man, that's how he exhibits love. When not talking talkie comforting with our great nurturists. But when it comes down to it, what we all want to do, what is in our DNA, is to profess our love for something you as a woman, to protect you as a woman, and to provide for you as a woman. That's in our DNA. Now, sometimes that gets messed up. And I'll give you an example. Sometimes when a boy doesn't have the proper, real role model in his life, he takes that principle of love that we all possessing us every man, the professing part, the protecting, and the providing part, and we misplay it. That's why gangs exist. Gangs exist off those three principles. What's the first thing a gang member do. He professed, he claim a hood. That's the first thing you do. This is my neighborhood. I'm deuce Trey, I'm triple hh, I'm doop de doop, I'm purple, I'm red, I'm blue.
Speaker 2: The first thing they do is claim, that's professing. That's how we show our love.
Speaker 5: But it's misguided though. Now we prefer in fessing something that ain't even good for us. Your hood, your gang, your click. Now guess what. Now we got to protect it. So now as a protection part of our love, here we go. You come down here, We're gonna do this to you. You go over there, they gonna do.
Speaker 2: That to you.
Speaker 5: You protect your hood, This your turf, this all you got. Ain't nobody coming down here.
Speaker 2: With blue on.
Speaker 5: Can't nobody come over here with red on. You can't come over here with purple on. You can't come over here with black and gold on. And we and we protect that because that's in our DNA. And then what's the third thing we provide? So guess what the gang need money?
Speaker 2: Guess what we do. We selling drugs, were selling women, we're selling guns. It go back to the same thing.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: I don't know how God gave it to me that way when I was writing a book, but he showed it to me along the way. That's how men love well. When you don't have a role model in your life. Guess what, Now that love is misplaced, It is misguided. It's off track. Ain't no man told you that. Really you're supposed to take this love and give it to a woman. You're really supposed to profess, protect and provide for a woman, not your gang set. Now you professing your hood, repping the color, you protecting your territory, shooting people driving by coming over you on your street, and then you provide.
Speaker 2: Now you're out here selling drugs and guns for the same thing.
Speaker 5: When a boy does not have a male role model, he has a misguided way of looking at manhood. Here's the deal. See, God created all of us in his image. That means He's put some of our DNA in him. That's why it's in your DNA to profess, protect, and provide because guess what, that's what God do for us, because we His children. I'm just talking to me in right now. I'm just telling you, man, I had to wake up about five years ago. I wasn't doing what God wanted me to do, and then he shook me. He said, Man, I'm gonna bring about some changes in your life. I'm gonna cause some things to happen that's gonna put you in a position. And this time you're gonna listen to me, because if you don't, you're gonna keep living in this pain you've been in.
Speaker 2: But you put yourself in this pain. I owe no blame to no one else but myself. Please know, I know that.
Speaker 5: And that's how you really get to manhood. When you figure out what you have been done wrong. You can't blame this on none of your exes because you a man. You can't go my xd this. No, No, you a man, partner. You got to take responsibility for yours and yours alone. If you got kids, you got to get to them some kind of way. Write them a letter, send them the money. If she won't let you see it, for the money, whatever, send the money to a mama. Do what you're supposed to do as a man. Do what God wants you to do, man, because he's not letting us off the hook for what we're supposed to be just because you ain't doing it. And if you do it, you turn your life around. Just hollering that to fellas today that's all. Sorry about that.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 5: Normally I'll ask you for your attention, but by now I think you understand the drill.
Speaker 2: So how about it? How you feel this morning? You're good? Are you grateful? Did you tell him that you appreciate it?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: Did you say thank you? He's simple thing, y'all.
Speaker 5: It's just a real, real simple thing. It really will affect your attitude. Once you affect your attitude, you have now made an adaptation and an adjustment to your altitude. And all of that starts with gratitude. Your gratitude affects your attitude, which changes your altitude.
Speaker 2: You thank you more, you get more. It's just simple process.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: I just want to invite y'all to join in on what it's on that every day this morning. That's what's happening on the Steve Harvey Moore on the show. I'm grateful, I'm blessed, I'm highly favored. The lesson I've learned in twenty twenty three that has carried me over through intwo twenty in twenty twenty four is that I am so battle tested now that I know that all my faith is in my God and my God alone. And I know for show right now, because you've shown it to me time and time again, that there is no weapon formed against me. That show prosper and I'll get a chance to refute every single tongue. All I got to do is be still and watch the show. Ain't over just cause it started, Ladies and gentlemen, This hell just started. Steve Hard Morning Show, Sherley Strawberry, car of for Real, Mississippi Monica, Junior, the Wonderful Julie klss y'all Killer one Space, and the legend that is Nephew to Junior.
Speaker 2: Yes, Uh, what is going on in your mind today?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 10: I'm glad you said that, because you know I've started to thank God for the bad times. See, even for the bad times, I'm grateful because even stuff I don't even understand, because that's where I'm at right now. It's some things happened to me I don't really understand. I'm thanking them for that. I really am thanking him for that. I'm thinking for things that I can't even control.
Speaker 2: Like like my life.
Speaker 10: I don't control my life no more. I'm thanking him for that. Throw anyway, somebody else in control of my life.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I have no say so.
Speaker 1: I am a former shehall of myself.
Speaker 2: I don't even belong to me.
Speaker 1: I have no idea who I am.
Speaker 2: I just gonna thank him anyway.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got a better half, but they run everything. Lord, I have no say so.
Speaker 2: Thank you God, anyway, Thank you God. I ain't picked a bit.
Speaker 1: I ain't picked the denterm in you in months.
Speaker 2: I ain't picked ling.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I'm thanking him anyway.
Speaker 10: You know whatever, I've never decided all week where we're going. I never decided what was going on holiday trip, never made a plan. But I want to thank you for it anyway. I didn't even get to pick.
Speaker 2: The rental car.
Speaker 1: Did get toppy or.
Speaker 2: Do you know how?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: See that's that's a good thing, man, not to have to make decisions anymore. Somebody then took over the decision making process. All you got to do is wake up and join in. You look at it like that, uh huh, dorin card. You don't like Ford, but that's what you're driving. You know, take the vacation, but damn it, you're going. Thank you, Thank you. Juli that's what you no.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour. We will run that prank back right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 7: Morning show.
Speaker 1: It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back. What you got for his neph uh?
Speaker 12: We got no hair weaves? Surely no hair weed? Okay, all right, all right, we're talking and here let's go. Let's go catch leads.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 7: Hello, I'm trying to reach Resa. Please Rea, hi Resa. My name is Byron, Byron from the job. How are you.
Speaker 8: I'm okay, how are you?
Speaker 7: I'm good? Listen. I hate to call you after hours. That's your home. But there has been some new issues that will be going into effect. Thats just tomorrow morning, and we're calling everyone letting them know the new changes that have been issued that will take effect first thing tomorrow morning. So we're giving everyone a call. So don't be alarmed. It's just give me a call letting you know what the what the higher ups have changed. Okay, okay, there's no problem to listen. Okay. As of tomorrow, what's gonna happen is when you guys come in, you'll be issued a new key card. And that particular card will actually registers when you come in and go out. Okay, okay, all right. Second one is there will no longer be any personal internet at the job any longer. You won't be able They're actually putting a block on all computes us, all the computers will no longer be able to go to a lot of these sites that you guys go to that you've been that's been available here in the past. Okay, okay, all right. The last one is reesa do you do you wear a hair weave? What do you wear a hair weave or a wig?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 7: Okay, Well here's one thing and hopefully you can get this change about tomorrow. There's no weaves or hair or wigs going to be allowed at the job site from this point on. So as of tomorrow morning, everyone must be wearing their natural hair. Uh No. These are the issues that are going to be that are instated, and these are going to take effect as of tomorrow morning, seven o'clock.
Speaker 8: What does hairwaves to have to do with any of these changes? The first two I can understand punching in and being on the internet. Yes, that's something that that corporate good hair weave and wakes.
Speaker 7: You get or they're looking down upon it. Wigs and hair weaves they have to go. So I'm assuming that if you, like you said, you do have one, I suggest it doesn't come out there. You start taking it down now and prepare your hair to be natural as you come in to work tomorrow.
Speaker 8: I'm not taking my hair down. I've been here seven years and I've dealt with all the changes that y'all have made. But there's no way that I'm taking my hair weave down. I'm sorry. What's your name, Byron?
Speaker 7: Yes, my name is Byron, and I'm sorry. Let's get back to your weed. This has you're going to have to do something. Is there someone that you can call tonight to help you get your hair down and so you can look presentable with your natural hair tomorrow.
Speaker 8: No, my weave colls over two three hundred dollars and I'm not about to take that down. I mean, it takes a long time to take that down.
Speaker 7: Okay, I mean, is this something Maybe you can take it down and just wear it on the weekends, because as of now, you're not going to be allowed to actually wear it on the property.
Speaker 8: And how will you know if someone has a weave or not. Are you gonna do hair checks or something?
Speaker 7: Okay, ma'am. I'm not quite sure what they're gonna do to check it. But by you telling me that you have a weave, then I have to write it down that you have confirmed that you do, and we got to make sure that tomorrow morning you're not wearing one.
Speaker 8: But you don't know what my natural hair looks like from my weave? Are you heard how much I pay for it?
Speaker 13: So it's a good weave, ma'am.
Speaker 7: It's not about how good you know with the quality of your weave or anything. They don't want it. They want natural hair. I don't know what that means. But they're going natural. They're going green, they're going natural. I don't know what it is. They're going natural, and so will you. Tomorrow morning you need to come in with your hair completely down. Okay, I'm won't do it.
Speaker 8: I'm not taking my weave now.
Speaker 7: Okay, Then what is that y'all gonna write me up or something? Okay, ma'am. Do you not want your job?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I want my job, but this don't make no sense. You're talking about personal appearance. I can understand y'all have a dress coach and enforcing a dress code, that's one thing, But telling somebody to change that you lost your mind. Man, you're crazy, ma'am.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna I have other people that I have to call. Bottom line is get your hat out and get your butt into work tomorrow, and let's not go back and forth anymore.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, listen, by Ranch, you're a lost mine. If you're thinking I'm taking my weave out, I'm not taking out at all. Resa is coming up in there with her hat and I'm gonna sit down at my desk and do my job. Y'all gonna have to drag me up that some weave you lost your mind. You and your powers that be, or whoever.
Speaker 13: They may be.
Speaker 8: You tell them that I said that.
Speaker 7: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, listen. Are you telling me that you're coming in regardless with your hair on you?
Speaker 8: That's what I just said.
Speaker 7: Okay, then then we need to Why don't you go ahead and bring some boxes in because you may I'm not you bring this, ma'am. I don't want to have to pack. You get your stuff and box it up, and you're losing your job because you can't take what you.
Speaker 8: Can do that, because I'm gonna call the news station and tell them you dragging me out of behind some weeds. You's wrong, you wrong, you wrong, you stupid behind weed.
Speaker 7: You need to watch your language, young lady.
Speaker 8: Why need to watch my language?
Speaker 5: I'm at home.
Speaker 8: You call me on my own home phone on my time. I'm at my house. I'm not on your block. I say what I want to say on my phone.
Speaker 7: Okay? Can I say what I want on my phone and then I'll let you go and you can come in to work anywhere you want to tomorrow.
Speaker 2: What is it, Biba?
Speaker 8: What else you got to say?
Speaker 5: I want to tell you.
Speaker 7: I want to tell you that your girlfriend Jennifer at your job got me the prank phone call you. This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. I know you, Hey, reasons this is this is nephew timby Baby from the Steve Hobby. More than Joe, Jennifer, your coworker, got me the prank phone calls.
Speaker 8: You got my blood pressure up. I'm gonna kill it and I'm gonna pull ho weve out. You want to come down there and watch me dragon.
Speaker 6: Blood pressure?
Speaker 8: You can't be doing that to me behind my weave. I pay too much money.
Speaker 11: I definitely on my kids.
Speaker 7: Oh I ain't not like a black woman in her half. Oh man, okay, babe, I got one more thing to ask you, girl, What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 8: Well, after this prank, he has to be the Steve Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 7: Got know how weaves?
Speaker 12: I am accepting half weaves at the show I added in Jacksonville, Florida at the Comedy Zone, y o'clock o'clock on Sunday, going on where you have I'm gonna let you in there, all right.
Speaker 1: Nephew, unbelievable.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, it is asked the CLO with our chief Love officers, you're listening morning show coming up at the top of the hour. In entertainment news, Tina Knowles celebrated her seventieth birthday in Malibu surrounded by her loved ones. So no on Late than We'll star as Miss Cleo in a new scripted series, and the King of Funk, Steve George Clinton is getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. That's all coming up at the top of the hour. But right now, it is time to ask the c l O. Janita and Kenner says, I heard the planning I had the planning committee for this year's family reunion, and my mama has exed more than a few people off my list because she can't get along with anyone. I'm not uninviting any of them, she said, she's not coming, So how do I handle this?
Speaker 5: Well? Discipline line to your mama comes into a front, mama, and I've told him not to come, so it's cool. And then your mama come, Then they come, and then you just sit back home and George a barbecue.
Speaker 2: That's all cool. You know, anybody finish get into all that. I ain't studying that.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: If you don't get along with your family's make up, talk work it out. Y'all gonna do like my daddy said, get over the die man, y'all kill me with this here. Man, Hey dog, we can't get along with nobody. You can't get along with your family, can't go get along with our peers, you can't go along with your coworkers. You can't go along with the people down at your church. You know, you know, like people aren't your job? Man?
Speaker 2: Talking out.
Speaker 1: All right, moving on to Cherry in Brooklyn. Cherry writes, my forty two year old friend moved in with me after she got laid off, and things were fine until she had sex with one of my exes in my house. She didn't know, but he knew exactly what he was doing. Should I tell her about that loser or let her find out for herself?
Speaker 5: Basically, well, if if this person is in your house, see, I think you have the right to say, hey, listen, you could do anything you want to do, but I just want to let you know that's an x of mine and I would appreciate it he not be back in my house. Yeah, I think I think I think she should say that. Look, I'm not trying to run your life. I don't care about him anymore.
Speaker 2: But he'd tell you how dog she is. He knows whose house this is. He was right.
Speaker 5: I know you didn't know, and I ain't really mad at you, but he knew. And I don't care what you do with him, but I just preferred that he not be in my house anymore. I think she has the right to say that because you ain't yul.
Speaker 2: You showed it coming up in the crib.
Speaker 5: I'm paying for this. You think you're going to come up here and I'll take you what get naked again? See what happened?
Speaker 1: Yes, is a loser for doing that.
Speaker 2: He really pick out your ass. I'm telling you that, all right.
Speaker 1: Moving on to Kenya and Indianapolis. Kenya said, I'm not a nerdy man online, and he attracted me because he was smart. I fell in love with him over the sex. He is wild and freaky and nothing is off limits. I want his personality to match his love making. So how do I turn him into a sexy cool guy?
Speaker 2: You ain't Finnah?
Speaker 5: Doos that little nerd and done some calculations and then figured some things out. And that's how you getting all that? He up for anything, game for anything, and do anything. Lead that man alone. See, let me tell you something. If you tample with his personality, he may take it somewhere else.
Speaker 3: You got a nerd.
Speaker 2: He ain't finna be no super cool dude. He square.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 5: But when he in that frying that bacon though work, he got that grease poppy and all of it is based on some type of scientific algorithm, some type of calculation. I don't know what he doing, but he didn't figure that out. Why you want to mess with that? Make this fool think he cool? Now you're gonna have a whole nother problem. You got a good man, you're the fell in love with him, going when man and square, but you.
Speaker 1: Know women always want to change him, trying to change.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, go ahead, go ahead, change him into something you can't handle.
Speaker 1: No more, go ahead, all right, all right, once you.
Speaker 5: Make up, Well, I'm gonna tell you something. Now, want a man. Once you've changed a man and the thinking he cool? He got to he got to show it to people.
Speaker 2: Now, how cool to hisself?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: This valuable right here?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Last one, This is from Dolla in Columbus. Dolla says, I was saying two women, one older and one younger. The older one found out about the young one and tried to jump on her. I'm dating the young woman. Now the older chick is still harassing my girl. Why is she mad at her but not at me?
Speaker 2: Is this a woman saying this?
Speaker 1: His name is dollar?
Speaker 2: Dollar? God, just the dude in the middle Dollar sound like dollar? Oh you mean you're talking about like like dollar bill? Right?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I thought you said Darla My bad?
Speaker 1: No, No, no, Dolla like dolly'.
Speaker 5: Well, the reason she he trying to she trying to jump on her is cause she's stupid. See, you don't understand, See what you're jumping on the young girl for the young girl doing the same thing you doing, right, right? He doing both of y'all. But ain't that the problem with women though? See y'all want to blame the other woman, when really the person that took your vibe, made the committed to you was the man what you jumping on her phone?
Speaker 2: Because he probably told her the same thing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, y'all, y'all can y'all got to learn how to direct this anger in the proper challenge. Y'all just can't go off or willy nilly. Just everybody get a shot of anger. Y'all got y'all got to you know, had this directed ankle? Come on, man, anger management, You need counseling.
Speaker 3: You need to leave him alone.
Speaker 2: You know that's but call it. That's too much like common sense?
Speaker 1: Now, okay, now, why isn't she at me? Yeah that's what Steve just said. Yeah, that's surprising, all right. Have you guys ever done that before? Seen a young woman's two women at a time, a young one and an older one.
Speaker 2: I was in a monastery. I've been saved my whole life.
Speaker 1: You guys got scared on that one. Do you know anyone? Do you know anyone who's ever done that before?
Speaker 2: Anything to do it to nobody either? All my friends as pure as the driven.
Speaker 1: Snow, You've never fantasized about it.
Speaker 5: Why would I sit up in here and let my imagination take me places I ain't supposed to go?
Speaker 1: Okay, let me ask you this. Have you ever dated an older woman before?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, ever dated before?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: I was twelve?
Speaker 12: I was twel she was fifteen. Yeah, yeah, now we're twelve, all right, she was fifteen.
Speaker 2: But my Sunday school teacher. In my mind, I can hear her.
Speaker 1: Thank you Clo on Sunday coming up next to entertainment News, we'll get into that right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show, Steve Harvey Nation. Shaquille O'Neill's all Star Comedy Jam takes over Resorts World, Las Vegas February ninth and tenth, over the Big Game weekend in Vegas. The comedy showcase is hosted by Dion Cole and features Deal Hugley, Earthquake and Deisi Banks, among others. You could win a trip for two to attend the show on February ninth, and this includes round trip coach, air fair and a two night hotel s Day. You can enter now and get rules at Steve Harvey FM dot com. It is motored by AEG Present and Resorts World Las Vegas. Again, that's Steve HARVEYFM dot com for all the info. Good luck everybody, all right, Moving on to entertainment news, Miss Tina Knowles, we have to say congratulations, Happy birthday. Miss Tina Knowles celebrated her seventieth birthday with her friends and family. Recently, she looks great for seventy. Tina posted on ig that she was at her favorite place in the world, that is Malibu Beach with her loved ones. She wrote quote, I just got spoiled to death. I even got sarennated by Destiny's child. How amazing is that? So I just want to thank everyone who sent me flowers, everyone that told me a happy birthday. I got so many well wishes, I got so many bonus children, beautiful bonus children, and I just feel so blessed. I love you guys, so happy belated birthday to miss Tina Knowles.
Speaker 5: My birthday is coming up next week, and I wonder if my wife could arrange for me to be serenaded by Destiny's Child. I almost choked myself. Go in there and tell my wife a baby. You've been asking me what I want for my birthday on Destiny Child, saying to me, going beyond my decadi.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, so do you have anything plans for your birthday next week?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 5: No, I have so many birthdays, man, like you know, I'm not one of them people with my birthday last four days and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't do that, man. I just really, man, really, I just want to watch man, get a cold watch. I'll be happy. Oh wriskwatch.
Speaker 1: You want a watch?
Speaker 2: Okay, either either cold watch or cold travel bag? That's all?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, yeah that's pretty simple.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm simple man. Now you know how much he's travel bags at watch?
Speaker 12: He talking about, yes, something about six figure watches we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's his favorite indulgence.
Speaker 2: I ain't never know. Nobody need to know the damn time like that. That doesn't make no sense to you. I don't even set my watches. Ain't nothing of my watches, so.
Speaker 12: You got on a sixth figure watch and it ain't got it on the right times.
Speaker 5: How many people looking for me every damn day? Do you know how many people move me around all day long? I ain't got never know the time. I ain't got I ain't never got to know the time. And then you got these iPhones.
Speaker 2: In your hand all day.
Speaker 1: Hell they tell you the time.
Speaker 2: Yep. You just like to watch a hand and all this here and try to calculate.
Speaker 1: Uh huh is that why you like him so much?
Speaker 3: Jewelry?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's for me. It's just important to have on a dope watch, just just for me. Other than that, men don't care about that, and I understand that ain't no, But it's a couple of things that I that's like a musk for me.
Speaker 2: Watch.
Speaker 12: Yeah, cigars, But for six figures you can get a bell tower and you get somebody to stand up there and and ring the bell when they hit every hour.
Speaker 2: For six figure, you get people working up there and anything.
Speaker 12: You ain't gotta have it on your hand. Six fig twelve o'clock, Yeah, six damn figure boy.
Speaker 1: All right, well, moving on, you guys. Remember Ms Cleo, the TV psychic back in the day.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well so now. Lathan will star as Miss Cleo in a scripted drama series coming to TV. It's based on Miss Cleo's life as a paper call psychic from nineteen ninety seven to two thousand and three. The series will explore Miss Cleo's rise and fall from stardom, which resulted in a five hundred million dollar lawsuit for deceptive advertising. Miss Cleo was not indicted, but the company settled for five million.
Speaker 2: So I ain't no way she saw that. I ain't no way she saw that.
Speaker 1: She did pass away. Oh yeah, it's all right.
Speaker 2: Definitely shift the jump down I had written just now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tommy said he's surprised she didn't see that coming, the lawsuit and all of that.
Speaker 12: You still to have seen that if you're looking in them crystal balls and in them stuff she was doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you supoled to know that. You don't see no lawsuit. You've been seeing all this other stuf. You're supposed to see that.
Speaker 1: Did you ever think about calling Miss clear know about your future at all?
Speaker 2: When I would have spent all my money for I died because.
Speaker 1: Because Chris, what.
Speaker 2: But if I'm psyched, I know I'm gonna die with.
Speaker 10: Okay, you're walking today, all right?
Speaker 1: Uh later today, Uh funk Master. George Clinton is getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. That's in his show Late there.
Speaker 3: We got.
Speaker 1: Knew it was coming right. This is in honor of his artistic and creative work over the past forty plus years. Attorney Ben Crump will be present to salute him. We got to say congratulations to George Clinton on this momentous that's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be out there, know the bruh that's gonna be out there to see that boy.
Speaker 6: Going in that is.
Speaker 1: Coming up. In twenty minutes after the hour, we're going to talk about the top five things that will make you happier in twenty twenty four. Right after this, you're listening hard Morning show. All right, So guys, here are the top five habits you should incorporate into your life this year if you want to reach happiness. Okay. Number one, if you make to do lists, stop overloading your to do list. Okay, stop doing that. Number two, you guys want to respond anybody.
Speaker 12: If I can get somebody else to not overdo my to do list, then it wouldn't be that uch to me.
Speaker 2: Do list that's the problem. Somebody else overloads my list. If honey, off the damn list.
Speaker 1: Whatever, stop to get it done, all right. The other one this year to reach happiness is to practice the art of saying no, all right, I've been here.
Speaker 2: Yeah I didn't know. I didn't know how happy I was. A matter of fact, I incorporate hell now, all.
Speaker 9: Right, no to the No.
Speaker 1: Make self care a priority. I'll tke care of yourself. I think you guys all.
Speaker 2: Okay, Can I tell you something I did yesterday?
Speaker 5: What I'm at this health clinic out here and I went into this derma appointment. They gave me a breather tape abbreviation. I didn't know that derma was abbreviation for dermatologists really, but when I got there, you know, the the clinic does all types of treatments, oxygen all like this. I'm doing this longevity thing. And when I got there, it was a derma appointment. It was the fourth one this week, not the different treatments. And yesterday was an hour forty minute facial session.
Speaker 2: I had a.
Speaker 5: Mask on, ultrame, lights on my face, exfoliation extraction.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I love all of that.
Speaker 2: It was so through with you don't touch it me. What are you doing? I don't want all this curious It is not my thing at all, just sitting up in here. Man. All right.
Speaker 1: The last thing that can make you, guys have a good year, be happy this year is to let go of grudges. Let them go. Tommy, I'm sure I can't.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I got a back in next. I can't. I can't hear damn think y'all talking.
Speaker 1: About let go of grudges. Don't hold grudges.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna hold no goods. But I do want to say this though, there's one person this year that if I see.
Speaker 2: Them, it'll be and you let it go, and then I let it go when I see him. No, I'm gonna let both of these go.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, good health, good happiness. This year coming up newt Roscoe is joining us. Carla is here for Roscoe. Right after this. You're listening Morning show, all right, Carla, look at him. He's here waiting in the wings.
Speaker 6: He got his glasses on, tom Come on, Roscoe, what's happening? Happy new Year's up?
Speaker 1: Class, Happy new year?
Speaker 2: Everybody? What's going on with Junior Roscoe?
Speaker 5: Make he wrote full miss and we're going on Tommy, Oh, keep it color with every new year and everybody.
Speaker 9: A little queen kick it off forgotten. Yeah, that's a jail right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so let's get to a new year. A lot of stuff been popping off. I want you, yeah, I want you to start off today's segment. You pick your favorite song that you want to see sing, and I want you to dedicate it to Steve.
Speaker 1: Give him something.
Speaker 5: Well, I wrote original that I never released. Oh okay, I'm sending us out to Steve.
Speaker 2: All hated he hate on you.
Speaker 5: When you see m God, do what you do BUSM dead and a mouth knock all the damn tea foul oh Ley, yo, hands old m h. Don't hold nothing back on him. If he should happen to fall in the floor, don't Here's a tape to stomp him soul more.
Speaker 1: Oh, I never released that because there was no reason. Yeah, I was trying to follow and then there was no hook.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we did nothing like that. That's why I never released the song. I told you was original, so I didn't want to release Kay got Steve. So when you find out whoever he looking for, I heard him say it was on sight you heard that, all right, I got that out the way. I'm back now you're back, all right.
Speaker 1: I'm happy that I want to hear a little al green this morning. Whichever one.
Speaker 5: Loving happening there? Wait a minute, something's going wrong. Someone's on the phone. Uh huh, three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Then come on, boy talking about she can make it right high? Whoa happen?
Speaker 5: There's a week you really feel good about some by day thing. There ain't nothing wrong being in love with someone. Yeah, yeah, yeah, whoa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fire Roscoe.
Speaker 6: Now I got one more question for you. We are on now in Milwaukee. This I knew one of our newest affiliates, newest station. Have you ever performed in Milwaukee?
Speaker 1: And it's so and it's wait, what.
Speaker 2: King coming up there?
Speaker 5: King coming over there performing at Walker performing the same place Milwaukee Bucks play, same place.
Speaker 2: When when Loui, our senate was up there.
Speaker 5: My duty. Yeah yeah, that was the name of Luis Centy when he first got up there. To me, he Milwauking, but he low our center. But I'm going up there now, I'm going up there and see that boy out of Greece.
Speaker 1: The Greek freak you need to write.
Speaker 3: Is real name?
Speaker 2: Did you call him? Hope of Pomps?
Speaker 1: Thank you Roscoe?
Speaker 2: Coming up any well, little Auftin bought a podjet? Had I got cold?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Coming up?
Speaker 1: Next, prank phone call from the nephew. Right you're listening Hard Morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my strawberry letter for today and the subject is I really love our mail man.
Speaker 2: Not what you think.
Speaker 1: We'll get into it in just a few because right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call. Nephew, what you got for us?
Speaker 2: Dp C A d p C a dead person Collection agency.
Speaker 12: See like, if you owe somebody that has passed away, if you owe him so much, that don't mean you don't owe him no more. This is a agency that will come after someone has passed and collect on this. Do you understand what I'm saying d p C. Hey, that's all I'm saying. Cat dog get you who let's get this money?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 11: Hello, I'm trying to reach Daryl. Please h Darryl. This is uh Tony with d p C. A. We wanted to give you a call. How are you doing today?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 7: Well, what what's what's the company?
Speaker 11: Uh? D p c A. Well, what that means, uh, d p c A is a dead person Collection agency. We actually collect uh money from those that have been that have that are deceased, but people still owe them. Are you familiar with call Some who passed away six months ago?
Speaker 13: I know him, Yes, he could do.
Speaker 11: But uh, what do you want of me?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 11: Okay, it's been brought I understanding that you actually owed mister Alton Fisher twelve hundred dollars? Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, we were talking about no, okay, so wow, how though, has mister Okay, let me let me get this. Let me get a clear understanding here. You actually worked with mister Carlton Fisher? Correct? Fact?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 11: Okay? So have you borrowed money from mister Carlton Fisher before? Why you're asking though, I'm asking you a clear question, sir, have you borrowed money from mister Carlton Fisher before?
Speaker 13: I don't feel like I should answered, though, slay your business though?
Speaker 11: No, it is my business because I'm with the collection agency and it's been brought their attention. If you owe twelve hundred dollars to.
Speaker 13: Him, I don't know what you talk about and you ain't even send me no letter, so I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 11: I'll repeat myself again, Sir, my name is Tony. You send me a letter. You sent me a letter, Send me a letter though I haven't fixed your letters.
Speaker 13: I'm telling you why you called me that if you don't send me a letter though.
Speaker 11: Okay, sir, you owe this money to mister Fisher. I'm with you.
Speaker 5: I understand.
Speaker 13: I don't understand you didn't send me no letter though, and then you're gonna call me though.
Speaker 11: That no senator, Okay. So here's the deal, sir. If you don't play the twelve hundred, we will come and take something. We will confiscate something of the same value.
Speaker 13: So I'm letting you know, send me no you you even even send me no letter though, if you do, not call the police because he didn't send me no letter though. You know, I see what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: No, I'm hearing what you're saying, sir.
Speaker 13: But at the end of the day, you're not hearing what I'm saying though.
Speaker 11: You should even be talking to me right now.
Speaker 13: Yeah, send me a letter though, that's how it is.
Speaker 7: A bills.
Speaker 13: He did not inform me anything.
Speaker 11: Right, Sure, you old you owe the twelve hundred dollars. Short, we both know that I'm.
Speaker 13: Saying you you're skipping a step right now. Though that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: It doesn't matter about the step, sir. You know what you owe, and I'm just gonna let you know. I'm not gonna go back and forth with you. I'm gonna let you know this. We will come and compensate something of the same value. You well, I'll let you know.
Speaker 7: I'm not violence.
Speaker 13: But you know first though, you cannot do anything without.
Speaker 7: Sending a letter.
Speaker 13: You did not send me no letter. He send me no nothing, though you call me. You harassed me right about now without even sending me no letter. I was saying, like, this is the deal, this is what happened, This is when it's due, YadA YadA, even that okay, So.
Speaker 11: Let me let me say this to you. We do know that you have a two thousand and seventeen pickup truck.
Speaker 5: We do you threaten me?
Speaker 7: You threatened me, You threatened.
Speaker 11: I'm just I'm letting you know we're picking up something of the same value. Are more okay?
Speaker 13: You tell me now that's not that's both threatened me. Now, you ain't even send me no letter. You just called me up staying like I owe you now you ain't even give me no date, like just make no sense, though.
Speaker 11: Sir, this is DPCA. This is what we do when someone passing. Okay, I don't care if.
Speaker 13: Your government agency. You should be sending me a letter.
Speaker 7: Sir.
Speaker 11: You owe mister Fisher twelve hundred dollars. He's now deceased. We are going to collect this money? Are we gonna collect?
Speaker 7: What I'm saying?
Speaker 13: You skip the step.
Speaker 11: You skip the step.
Speaker 3: You did not.
Speaker 13: You did not inform me that I owe money to him. You're just telling me right now on the phone. She wants to send a letter though, Sorry.
Speaker 11: Do you want to send us to send us the money? Or do you want me to pick up I don't even know what you're talking about.
Speaker 13: Are you talking about my truck?
Speaker 11: You're talking about my truck?
Speaker 13: No, no, no, no, no no no, we're not doing that. No we're not. You're not touching my truck right about now, you know what I'm saying. Now, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 11: We're done.
Speaker 13: We're done. If you come my truck, I'm gonna put you Hear what I'm saying, I don't care what you're.
Speaker 7: Due. Yo, yoo.
Speaker 13: I'm telling you right now you didn't send me the letter. Now I'm angry.
Speaker 7: Guy.
Speaker 13: Go turn your truck, come at me. I will come at you hard.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. Baseball back all that.
Speaker 13: Don't put me, don't for me.
Speaker 11: You'll get jump.
Speaker 13: I'll jump you. I'll jump y'all.
Speaker 7: Take your truck.
Speaker 11: Hear me.
Speaker 13: You'll stay a boy from me.
Speaker 11: Sorry, I'm not playing right now. I'm not I'm not playing either, So are you? REGI yo?
Speaker 7: Yo? You yo yo?
Speaker 13: Are you listening though I'm.
Speaker 11: Listening to you. Are you listening to me? You're the person who know you.
Speaker 13: Don't know the type of dude I am. Man I no, Yo, you.
Speaker 11: Shall mad comfortable right about now?
Speaker 7: Good, don't be uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: Okay, I'm I'm gonna let you know this. If I don't get this money by today, then then you might as well start not sleeping the night. Because there's a strong posibility. What your car your car?
Speaker 7: Right there, in.
Speaker 11: Your car, I'm saying it as clear as possible, sir, twelve hundred dollars Are your car your truck? May not be there in the morning. This is your car?
Speaker 13: Do you want to be there after the next morning?
Speaker 7: Though? What are you trying to say?
Speaker 11: What are you trying? No, tell me what you're trying to say?
Speaker 13: What you hear?
Speaker 11: What you heard?
Speaker 13: What you heard?
Speaker 7: What you heard from me?
Speaker 2: Chick?
Speaker 7: Exactly?
Speaker 11: When can when can we expect? When can we expected? Twelve hundred dollars?
Speaker 13: I'm telling you right about now. Don't cot my car. I'm doing that, all right, I'm doing with you.
Speaker 7: Don't put my car. Don't put my car.
Speaker 11: Okay, car, you don't call me back.
Speaker 7: I'm done.
Speaker 11: Mother hung up? Call him back? Call him back, man, call him back. I mean, who are you think? Who you think you hanging up?
Speaker 13: All man?
Speaker 11: Who you think you hanging up on?
Speaker 7: Call me again? You call me again?
Speaker 11: You're damn right me again again. I'm waiting on the twelve hundred dollars. Okay. Now I told you this. I told you.
Speaker 3: I told you that.
Speaker 13: Now now you're getting me angry though, Now you getting me angry though I told you this. Don't call me all right? Send me the letter. You don't send me the letter. They talking about taking my truck?
Speaker 3: You up?
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, you up. Okay, you know what I'm gonna do. I'll tell you what ana gonna do, though, gonna I'm gonna tell you right now. I'm gonna tell you what you gonna do. W A gone, I'm gonna let I'm gonna let go him me come get the truck. I'm gonna let Timmy come get the truck. Who I'm gonna let Timmy come get the truck?
Speaker 13: I don't know who Timmy is.
Speaker 7: Which Tommy? Tell me?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 11: Tell me? Tell me baby nephew Tommy from the Steve Harby Morton Show. Baby, your boy Trevor at your job, got me the prank phone call.
Speaker 13: You always we listening to y'all too.
Speaker 7: Man, goshhugle Harris.
Speaker 11: My pull office.
Speaker 13: Ain't hearing right now?
Speaker 7: Man? Brother?
Speaker 1: You on parole?
Speaker 11: I'm yeah, So comment, okay, all right, come comment.
Speaker 7: We know there you go.
Speaker 11: I'll tell you what this is only comment. I want to tell me this. What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land. Baby, give me tell me the.
Speaker 13: Steve Harvey Morning Show. Y'all a bunch of crazy.
Speaker 11: Monks and now you have it.
Speaker 12: DP eight Dead Personal Collection Agency all right, Let's be let me see if I can wrap it all up tonight on the own network. All right, every me is ready to love for work. You don't want to miss that ready to love for work that's coming on tonight. Okay, catch me tonight now if you and Jackson don't worry about that you watched that late.
Speaker 2: Okay, now Monday morning, Martin Luther King.
Speaker 12: Weekends, I will be in Atlanta running a five k with the Shepherd's House.
Speaker 2: We have teamed up.
Speaker 12: They teamed up with miles of giving when we get back to Windy Warriors, and I am running a five k run as soon as I get off work because he ain't gonna let me off work. He already explained that I can be getting off to do nothing.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, thank you nephew. Coming up next Strawberry Letter. The subject is I really love our mail man. We'll get into it right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. And it's time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice and relationships, work, sex, parenting and more, please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve BARBFM dot com. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're gonna read this one right here, right now, and you never know this one right here could be yours.
Speaker 2: You never know it could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here. It is strawberry letter.
Speaker 1: Thank you nephew. Subject, I really love our mail man. Dear Stephen Shirley, My husband of fourteen years must be losing his mind because he cheated on me once and I took him back, so he's got to be crazy to do it again at this stage of our lives. We got our marriage back on track after his affair, and I haven't I hadn't suspected anything else was going on until November. He started going to bed early and getting up before I got up, so we couldn't have sex. My intuition told me to keep an eye on him, and my intuition. Intuition never fails. My husband is cheating again and the woman lives in Maryland. They met in the airport when he went to see his dad in October. My husband has gone to see his dad at least six times since then because his dad has been in and out of the hospital. I bet you want to know how I found all of this out. Well, it was our mailman that indirectly exposed him. See what happened was my husband used to have a po box and he closed it, but he forgot to forward his mail, so it was piling up at the post office. Our sweet mailman put all of his mail in a box and he brought it to our house. He said he figured my man, my husband would want all of his mail. I went out, I sat out on our front porch in my robe and slowly opened each envelope. The Maryland woman had sent a Christmas card to my husband saying she couldn't wait for him to jingle her bells. She sent another card with a picture of her and a dog on it. There was a credit card statement with charges made only in Maryland, and there was a cell phone bill, so I guess he has another phone. He swears he's not seeing her anymore. Should I believe him? Or should I go to Maryland with him next time? Can he be trusted? I love the mailman for doing this, but my husband wants him fired. Okay, here's a question. If your husband's not guilty of anything, if he stopped all of this, why does he want the mailman fired. I mean, the mailman's job is to deliver mail, right, and he did that, and now your husband wants him out out of his job. You know that doesn't make sense. It's not right no matter how you look at it. You talked about trusting your intuition in the letter and how it has never failed you. Well, why are you doubting yourself now? Plus you've been through his cheating before, so you already know the signs. Do not doubt yourself. No, you shouldn't believe him. He's blaming the mailman for bringing you the mail again. That's the mailman's job. You know what it is you said. He swears he's not seeing her anymore anymore. That right there, to me says it all. He's broken the trust again in your relationship. And if you keep taking him back, keep cheating, because you're gonna just take him back anyway. You even have credit card and cell phone bill receipts. You have all the proof you need.
Speaker 5: Steve, I'm trying to figure out what the letter is about. I'm trying to figure out what it's for. What advice does she want from us? What does she need to hear from us? I don't understand what the writing of the letter is even about everything that you need to know. You have the information I don't even understand. Okay, let's try. You been married fourteen years ago. Your husband cheated on you once you took him back, so now you say headne got crazy, so he doing it again after you got your marriage on track. After his affair, I hadn't suspected anything else was going on until November. Now he started going to bed early and getting up before I got up, so.
Speaker 2: We couldn't have sex.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, What then, my intuition told me to keep an eye on him, and my intuition never fails me.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool.
Speaker 5: If your intuition told you to keep on him, and your intuition never fails you, why are we typing this damn level. I'm just not understanding because I don't even have your intuition, and I'm already with you.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: My husband is cheating again and the woman lives in Maryland. Now listen to this right here. They met in the airport when he went to see his dad in October. And how the hell do you know that this intuition you got is this psychic, because how do you even know that. I don't even know how you would know that infamy. The only way you would know this information is your husband would have had to have told you this, unless somewhere in these letters you discovered this information.
Speaker 2: They met in the airport on when he was going to see his dad.
Speaker 5: My husband is going to see his dad at least six times since then because his dad has been in and out of the hospital. Then he ain't went that sixth time though, because his dad had been in and at the hospital. You know, normal, if somebody sit, get out the hospital, you go cool. You ain't got to go see him.
Speaker 2: He'd have been six times. Where they live? Where did they live? Now?
Speaker 5: If he live in the DMV, going over to Maryland ain't nothing, But if he live in Georgia, that's a trip. Now at this point in the that almost stop because we're gonna come back now normally this juncture right here when you're say the mail man brought it to the house, and then the title of the letter is I.
Speaker 2: Really love our male man. I'm thinking, as most male men, that he been dropping off packages. Yeah, yeah, we'll find out when we come back.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Steve, we'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's strawberry letter, subject I really love our mail man. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is I really love our mailman.
Speaker 5: Well, this letter is a deceptive letter. But she's got a husband that's cheating on her. They've been married fourteen times. She took him back, but now she say he crazy because he doing it again, and this time she hadn't suspected anything until November, and he started waking up early before she got out the bed, so they wouldn't have sex in the morning. Okay, I don't know what that's about. And then she says, my tuition never fails me. My intuition never fails me. And she thinks he cheating again because she say, and the woman lives in Maryland and they met in the airport when he went to see his daddy in October. Now, how you know this information, I don't know, But later on you tell us. I guess you all want to know how I found all this out and you damn skippy, we do because that ain't no information. I would see him walking in the house going, hey, baby, you know I met this find sheick and the airport. I was going to see Daddy. You know, Daddy ass sicken out and I want to see that. I was in the airport sitting there waiting on. Man, you should have seen this thing. When she walked up. I said, Lord, look at this gift from God. I'm pretty sure he didn't say that. So anyway, Uh, well, it was our male man that indirectly exposed him. See, my husband should have a peel box and then he closed it, but he forgot to forward his mail, so it was piling up at the post office. Our sweet mail man put all his mail in the box and brought it.
Speaker 2: To our house. I be damn once again.
Speaker 5: I can't believe little mister helpful and brought this mail to my damn house. Well, he said, I figured the husband want all his mail. Now here's the good part about this. At least the male was sitting at the post office and your husband never got the mail. You see, so your husband may have the perfect out right here. He may have the perfect out because, first of all who still write letters?
Speaker 2: When is it?
Speaker 5: How old are these people? Who's still sending it Christmas card? All this can be done on a computer.
Speaker 1: Now physical Christmas cards they do.
Speaker 2: Old people, young people.
Speaker 5: Wrest a button and you open it up and as Mary Christmas with explosions and all this help. Yeah, yeah, he got a pill box and she still mailing letters.
Speaker 2: Do you know how old these people got to go?
Speaker 5: Because the lady said, we got our marriage back on track after the affair, and I had suspected anything else.
Speaker 2: Going on, She said, must be losing Mirrid. She was somewhere in here, she said.
Speaker 5: She come on because at the stage of our lives, at this stage of our lives, it's got to be a late stage. Because who the hell is mailing letters in November twenty twenty three?
Speaker 2: Who who?
Speaker 5: I'm the oldest person on this show. And guess what, I ain't wrote a letter and I don't know damn when. So anyway, anyway, the Maryland woman has sent a Christmas card to my husband saying she couldn't wait for him to jingle her beils. She sent another card with a picture of her and her dog on it. That was a credit card statement with charges made only in Maryland, and that was his cell phone bill, so I guess he got another phone. He swears he's not seeing her anymore. Should I believe him? Or should I go to Maryland with him next time? Can he be trusted? I love the mail man for doing this, but my husband wants him fire. Well, let me straighten out on a couple of things, right. First of all, if the husband has not seen these letters, it could be because.
Speaker 2: He don't care. He doesn't care, He don't care.
Speaker 5: And maybe she was sending the letters in hopes of getting him. Took care because I can't wait for you to jingle my bell hoos. He's a picture of me and the doll. But he'd have left that mail sitting down there at the mailbox. He is more than unconcerned about these letters because they've been piling up for a while, which I think is his perfect out to justify the statement he's not seeing her anymore because he left them letters down there, and all you.
Speaker 2: Got is them letters. Now that credit card bill and that that phone bill hit where you need to do? You need to find this?
Speaker 5: You say you guess is a cell phone because you saw a bill where sat where sat and if he ain't been down there, and while he ain't got that bill, he ain't paid it. That cell phone ain't on no more. You can't not pay your cell phone bill. They cut that thing off. So I think, based on this letter right here, then he's clear. At least he has.
Speaker 2: An alibi to go with, and which is all I can say.
Speaker 5: He ain't been down there, He don't care about him, He don't check the mail, he ain't paid his cell phone bill, he ain't seen this woman here. No communication with this woman. Where is the fact? Where where do you see them communicating?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 1: Him and the lady? Well, when he how about when he went down there six times to visit his dat you yourself?
Speaker 5: He was seeing hood in, he was seeing her in, but he said, I'm not seeing her anymore, he said that, And letting that mail sit down there and not paying that cell phone bill is a good sign that he not.
Speaker 2: But he has seen her six.
Speaker 1: Times, at least make his dad once.
Speaker 5: Well he saw his dad here every time, because that would be the alibi. Did you see your son?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 1: Left you right all right? Leave your comments on today's Strawberry letter on Instagram at Steve Barb FM and check us out on the Strawberry Letter podcast on the Free iHeartRadio app where free never sounded so good. Coming up next to his Junior and Sports Talk right after this you're listening morning show. It is time now for Junior and sports talk.
Speaker 11: Junior?
Speaker 5: What you got?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: Can I talk to Pippin because you know he's picking.
Speaker 10: We can't failed to talking about more pip happening.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to man.
Speaker 12: Happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see what I see? Everybody? I need to see.
Speaker 5: Town find new Pine. One of them news news is pretty new new new. Noops, be stepping the don't even be stepping. They just be leaning back, rubbing the back of their head and everything. A bunch of pimps. The capital noops is pimps.
Speaker 10: Here we go, man, Pipping is playoff man, wild card weekend.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Dolphins first, all of them picked.
Speaker 10: Dolphin versus the Chiefs man starting not the game.
Speaker 5: Man, I just I hate to tell you all this because they ain't gonna understand it. But this ain't the Chiefs year man.
Speaker 2: Dolphins.
Speaker 10: Okay, oh man, all right, here we go, pipping up with the truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stealers versus Bills.
Speaker 5: No, they can't do it. I love Tomlin, I really really do. But the Bills is this is the Bills year.
Speaker 1: Baby, Here we go, Pipping Rams versus Lions.
Speaker 5: Oh man, Man, as much as I love Detroit, I got to pick them. Damn Detroit Lions. Gosh too, but prepare yourself. But it is purely my love of Detroit. Yeah, but I'm scared of them.
Speaker 10: All right, here we go, man. They had a hard second half of the season. Man, the Eagles versus Buccaneers. Man, they on the road. Man going to Tampa Bay.
Speaker 5: She ain't no down about it. Got rough in the back side of the year. But they find whoop they head.
Speaker 2: Show up.
Speaker 1: Packers versus Cowboys, pipping man.
Speaker 5: You know what, I ain't gonna I ain't gonna say nothing right now, but I think the cowboy finna win this thing right here, okay, Yeah, just being real with you, just being with you here it is, Oh here, come on already. No you don't drum roll for the half of the text and find the table. Oh girl, girl, you finna get drummed and roll.
Speaker 2: That's what hit me, you know? Good hell will man? I mean, welcome to the playoffs and all this.
Speaker 5: Congratulations to both of US Cleveland and Houston's congratulation. But it can only be one winner, baby, and the Brown is gonna win. Hey, y'all better hope to hell that Houston win. See the Brown lude.
Speaker 1: I'm used to it, y'all. All right, Thank you, Junior, Thank you. Something coming up at the top of the hour. A woman lost her husband, but she wants him back after he's engaged to someone else, and she needs your advice. Steve right af to this. You're listening morning show. All right, this is from Steve. This is from Asia and Richmond over three years ago. She says, I accused my husband of cheating. I was angry and very mean to him. He maintained his innocence, but I did not want to hear it. After sleeping on the couch and being ignored for close to six months, he divorced me. He just got engaged, and I have not been able to sleep or eat because I never thought he would get a new girlfriend so fast. I thought he would come to his senses and beg me to take him back, but no, he's in love with someone else. I asked him to meet up so we could talk. He turned me down and said that he wanted to talk to me for months before our marriage ended, but I was unbelievably mean and shut him out. He said he never cheated and I had it all wrong. Now that I've had time to put things into perspective, truly believe him. Is it too late to tell him that I'm sorry before he marries this other girl? He's my soulmate?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, he's nothing. Yeah. Oh wait, what you're kidding?
Speaker 5: He's not your soul mate. Yeah, you were convinced for six months he was a lying, cheating dog. You ignored him, You were incredibly mean to him, and he slept on the couch for six months. He tried to talk to you the entire time. You didn't believe it. Now listen to me. I don't know what you think men are made out of, but what you cannot do is accuse of something we didn't do, make us pay for something we didn't do, and then want to undo it. He gone, he gone, he engaged, he gone, he gone.
Speaker 2: This is a rap.
Speaker 5: You can't get him, get him back. He don't want you back. No, he don't want you, And you've come to your senses now truly believe him.
Speaker 1: She ran him away huh she did, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You right and drove him right about the crele. Wow. Oh well, I don't feel sorry for neither. That's what you have.
Speaker 1: She was wrong.
Speaker 2: I don't feel sorry for you know, that's what you do.
Speaker 7: And you know she.
Speaker 2: Called what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes they get it wrong. All right, we do have time for this one, Steve. This one's from Lacey in Detroit. Lacy says, I'm in law school and my boyfriend dropped out of law school to be a music producer and manager. This is not what we had planned, so I'm getting frustrated with him and our relationship. I want to be a writer, die type of chick. But he's asking me to lie to his dad when we go visit him this weekend. I told him I don't want to see dad, and he told me that I don't support his dreams and I don't believe in him. Am I supposed to be okay with lying to his dad for him, Well, that's.
Speaker 5: Not supporting his dream. That's lying to his daddy. I see you can't you can't get it twisted. That's not supporting your dream. The woman don't want to lie to your daddy. See, she don't want to be in that part of it right here. You know they paying for law school. You don't dropped out to be a producer and a writer. I ain't wrote or produced a damn thing ever. You know I'm gonna take you something. And this is not a knock on hip hop, but hip hop has made more millionaires than any other music genre that I know of in my lifetime. I'll be the first to admit that. And I was wrong about hip hop a long time ago. I thought it wasn't gonna last. How stupid was that? A statement?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: Which proves that hip hop don't need me to exist. But what hip hop has done, though, it has created the delusion that since it's just rapping, that it's not singing, where you really really had to have talent being able to rhyme and talk. Got a lot of people think that they talented and they ain't. All these little foods need to do is just look at Scarface's tiny desk and then go sit your ass down somewhere.
Speaker 2: This ain't what you do. Scarface showed you how it go. This ain't what you do.
Speaker 5: Go sit your ass down somewhere. You ain't no music producing writing all right?
Speaker 1: Twenty minutes after the hour Crazy You're Listening Morning Show. So Monday Nights, Emmy Awards will be hosted by Anthony Anderson and it's the seventy fifth anniversary of the Emmys. To celebrate, right, the show is bringing the cast of a few hit shows from the nineties on stage, Like the cast of Martin will be in the building. Yes, Martin Lawrence, Tsha Campbell to Sheena Arnold and Karl Anthony Payne all together on stage at the Emmys. How cool is that?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yes? I love that the cast of Alan McBeal will also be there, and a few other memorable casts will be reunited at the Emmys. So, Steve, you had a hit show in the late nineties, The Steve Harvey Show. Of course, have the Emmys reached out to you?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 3: And said, and.
Speaker 1: Levita alas A Jenkins.
Speaker 2: You know good hair? Well, they ain't reached out to it.
Speaker 1: They haven't. They should they should because you had a great show.
Speaker 9: We love.
Speaker 2: He sold on.
Speaker 5: I didn't like none of the schedule. I don't like the schedule to sitcom. There's too much damn work. There's too many people. You got an answer to, You got to answer to the production company, but the producers, the writers, the production company, the studio and then the network.
Speaker 2: There's too many damn readings for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, think about a reunion. We love the show. Think about it all right. Coming up at thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show and we'll play around it. Would you rather right after this you're listening.
Speaker 2: Morning show?
Speaker 1: Would you rather curse one particular person out today, one particular one, or would you rather pray for that person?
Speaker 2: Wow? What are we doing?
Speaker 12: Huh?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna yeah, you know what I'm ana pray do?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, not in this lifetime.
Speaker 2: You don't get moved over to the praier list.
Speaker 1: You don't switch side.
Speaker 2: No Lord.
Speaker 5: If you are a cuss out, this probably very rarely do you get moved over to the prayer list.
Speaker 1: You can't have a change of heart, Steve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me put it to you like this.
Speaker 5: If you want to cuss out this, the only way I pray for you is if you get moved over to the sick and shuddy end.
Speaker 2: You gotta damn there on your way out. Okay, just keeping it one.
Speaker 1: Would you rather be would you rather be cross eye or would you rather only be able to see straight ahead? So you got your cross side or you either see just straight ahead.
Speaker 2: I get me straight ahead. I turned my head. I turned my head. But I'm not finna be cock.
Speaker 1: But you can only see straight ahead. Now you can't see to the side and none.
Speaker 2: I can turn my head, you can turn to the sign turn. I got good ass peripheral anyway.
Speaker 1: I tell you that the cross eylan across the across the house. All right, nephew told me, all right, would you would you.
Speaker 5: Rather black people got nicknames for you when you can't see good? Yes, it's like like we had this parton in my school. He was cross eye. We should call him walleye Wallet. Yeah, because one of his eyes was always looking at the wall.
Speaker 1: All right, Would you rather sleep close to your wife in a queen bed or would you rather spread out in a king bed, spread.
Speaker 2: Out, spread out behind over?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it don't matter, it don't matter. Sure I could be able to admentro shes gonna be right up under it. It don't matter what I mean, you know, Yeah, that's gonna stop, that's gonna.
Speaker 2: I've been looking at the flow. I've been looking at it. You're gonna get some relief real, so don't worry. Don't even worry about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, we know you're in the Queen and King bed just because of your size.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: You can't handle a queen bed, right, it's too small.
Speaker 2: What you're saying, Tommy, ain't got no queen I got it. I don't know what she's trying to say.
Speaker 3: I don't know what.
Speaker 2: King beat. That's all I heard. You want you to know, Tommy, I didn't say it.
Speaker 1: All right, that's today's round, Hey, guys. Coming up in forty nine minutes after the hour, we'll have some closing remarks from the one and only Steve Harvey right after this. You're listening Morning show. All right, guys, here we are last break of the day on this Friday, we gotta say Happy Founder's Day because tomorrow, January.
Speaker 5: Thirt we're gonna do that ourself. You're not Greek, No, I'm not. We were going to do that ourself. Now, you don't tell me about it on the break and then jump in and do it. You just told me on the break. You said, Steve, we got to say happy found this day. I said, Okay, who is it? You said, it's the Deltas. I said, fine, Yeah, my daughters is Delta's Mississippi Monica is a Delta.
Speaker 2: And then let us do it. Should do it? Have at it, Joe. I just me And surely sometimes sometimes.
Speaker 1: You just don's you. That's not me, that is you.
Speaker 3: You the one to.
Speaker 5: The shout out to the Delta del the Happy Founders Day. Yeah, what's the colors? Monica is not red and white.
Speaker 2: Crimson and cream cream is what she's saying. That's the same color anyway, Happy Founders Day.
Speaker 1: Oh that was exciting, Thank you, Steve.
Speaker 5: It's happy found, Happy found his state of Brandy Carley Morgan, Mississippi, Monica and my daughters of Deltas.
Speaker 6: The Deltas out there listening, Happy found this day.
Speaker 5: But they damn daddy though, m Oh, that's what you'rena make this they found this day. Yeah, No, I was just saying. I didn't say nothing. I just said, but they damn daddy since we're talking about founding Delta though. Okay, look who coming to the defense of the Deltas. The dude that's got the same colors as.
Speaker 2: They can.
Speaker 1: Attitude you have, my bad.
Speaker 2: It's called Greek love. Sureley.
Speaker 5: So I was talking about yesterday in my clothesing remarks about distractions and how it can be a detriment to your rise to the top. And I said I'd have part too, because I had so much more to say. But I guess why I left off at I was in a pretty cool place. But let me just add a couple of things. Man, when people, when the devil is throwing opposition at your dreams, your visions, your goals, when he's throwing opposition, he's very tricky. He tries to you the thing that's dearest to you and closest to you as the tool of distraction. And like I was saying yesterday, one of the biggest tools that the devil will use enhance his imps who are working for him. And you all know some of the Devil's imps that work for him. We all have people that we've known in our life around us that seem to be on full time, twenty four hour call for bs, twenty four hour call for garbage and trash. Have you ever had a person in your life that always brought you bad news? I mean, man, you could be going along. Yeah, I'm calling you to see if you Okay, Yeah, I'm good though. Well, you know, I was just wondering how you felt about what all they said. Well, damn, I was actually going along pretty good today and hadn't even really given any thought to what anybody was saying. But now you on the phone with it. You've got to be conscious of you like that. If there's a person who is constantly bringing you bad news, that person.
Speaker 2: Is a distraction. You need to eliminate this distraction.
Speaker 5: If you have a person in your aura, in your space that is not behind you and for you one hundred percent, they don't need to occupy your space. I'm telling you, man, if you got people in your life, that's cool over here, but they ain't cool over here. You can bring them in this situation, but you got to keep them out of that situation. That's too much work. That's too much work. I only have a few friends. I God willing on my next birthday will be sixty seven years old. Flies hell. Now I do understand that I'm really really that, I'm really that dude. That's how I feel about myself. Now, you ain't got to feel that way. But the Bible says a man is as he thinking. That's what I think. So guess what I'm assuming. That's what I am. That's why I say it. But I have decided in this sixty seven years almost I only have a handful of friends. People say, man, you've been living all this long and all you got is a few friends. Well, when you really shake the tree out, you'd be surprised who fall out that thing if the tree just starts shaking, if the wind blow hard. I judge my friends by moments of a severe trial and tribulation. I don't pick my friends and moments of comfort and convenience. I don't pick friends because they're good when the sun shining. I pick my friends in the thunderstorm. I pick my friends in the blizzard. I pick my friends when the tidal wave come along, because when they come along, if they don't run, and when it all get.
Speaker 2: Finished, they steal. There.
Speaker 5: That's who my friends are. And if you start doing like that, you'll find out you have very, very few. It's amazing me. Sometimes I listen to my kids. I got a lot of friends. I'll be telling them all the time, no, you don't. Well, they starting to learn it now, They starting to learn it now. But listen to me, surround yourself with positive people. Stop stop letting people bring stuff to you that's not beneficial. Stop allowing people to bring up your past to remind you of what you were. I am not that person anymore. I'm gone. As a matter of fact, you are now gone by seeing wouldn't want to be you.
Speaker 2: That's all. That was my closing remarks. That's part two. I feel good about it. God.
Speaker 5: Well, hey, listen, y'all have a great weekend. Okay, take care of yourself. I talk to y'all, God willing on Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Peace for all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, voidware prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve HARVEYFM dot com. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.