Speaker 1: You know nowadays, if you're in this business, you have to be on socials. Yeah, it's like become part of our job.
Speaker 2: I know it's wearing on me.
Speaker 3: Man. Yeah, I'm just like ahead.
Speaker 2: I don't take a very interestings.
Speaker 1: More on me. Like ten years ago when social media was like first coming out, Jeff was on my space it is my friends. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: How many times I've been changed my wallpaper?
Speaker 2: Serious?
Speaker 1: But more than ever? Like Jose now spends half of his day coming up with reels for our Instagram and I'm getting endorsements.
Speaker 3: I'm eating like free lunch today and I have a free lunch next week. I'm gonna play.
Speaker 1: You should get out. It's actually working out.
Speaker 3: It's actually working out amazing for me. I love it.
Speaker 1: Alexis, who's our social media coordinator, is working hard copying digital Jake's post onto our other accounts, which that accounts is doing your job?
Speaker 3: You don't want I have to wait for him to post them.
Speaker 4: Guys, I'm very organized.
Speaker 1: Every morning, Brook logs onto her AOL to check her horse stops, so she's doing her part. Two got mail not to mention me?
Speaker 4: Hits me up there, okay, and I am.
Speaker 3: You know it?
Speaker 1: And I know I'm probably doing the most work with the song in the week. Oh wow, thank you? Did you hear that I'm the only one that got applause? That it is hard carrying this show. My shoulders are sore from carrying every brook. You want to come massage my shoulders, I'll strangle you if that. Yeah, whatever it takes. That'll probably go viral on TikTok too. Because of all that. Our fastest growing platform is TikTok right now. Jake, do you know how many followers we have at the moment.
Speaker 3: I think it's one hundred and thirty one.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of love, but I'm wondering are we losing opportunities to make ourselves some quick cash because one TikToker named Brandon Edelman is making a decent chunk of change right now with way less followers than we have. Okay, here's a clip of him explaining how.
Speaker 4: You can make money off TikTok when you hit ten thousand followers and you can join the creator fund. It all depends on how much views and likes your videos get. The bulk of your money will come through brand deals and brand sponsorship. In the last month and a half, I did a brand partnership with Amazon, Alexa, my heaysocks dot Com, and go Puff. I also did a dating show with get Snack app, hosted my own event at a local bar in Philly, and created my own profile on cameo. And between all these brand partnerships and the TikTok creator fund, I need ten dollars what.
Speaker 1: I know, and we're not making that type of money here.
Speaker 2: Where do you get nothing off of Well unless the salespeople are making money and pocketing it, we don't know about it.
Speaker 1: If Brandon Edelman can do it, then we have to be able to do it. That's true. What are we doing wrong?
Speaker 3: Everything?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going to work on trying to make ourselves some money here. Figure out what we're messing up on.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, anybody got tips texted to.
Speaker 1: Get into the shot collar question of the day. You have the bucket pell of names, are gonna draw one out to who gets asked the trivia question. If you answer wrong, the punishment is to be shocked while you sing a song. So text into seventy five nine too and tell us which one you'd like to hear. Jose, you're gonna draw a name out because you at the shot collar.
Speaker 2: Last.
Speaker 1: Who'd you get? I got Jeff thick Anthon. Oh oh okay, something different than blood though interesting. I'll put on the shot collar while that happens. Digital Jake, please read us a shot collar Question of the day.
Speaker 3: The Great Resignation has been happening for months now, where people are leaving their jobs at higher rates than usual, and many listeners are hoping that people on this very show do the same thing. Well, A new survey asks five thousand people who quit their jobs why, and I need you to identify the four most common answers people gave for why they left their jobs, in no particular order.
Speaker 1: First one, super easy, Yeah, just don't make it up.
Speaker 4: Money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh okay, see yeah, I'm the first.
Speaker 1: Oh, working with too many gos, guys.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I remember in our office, okay, when our boss said, okay, everybody's back.
Speaker 4: To the office.
Speaker 3: No working from home.
Speaker 2: That's when we had a big influx of people quitting. When they didn't have that work life you know balance. They couldn't work from home anymore. There was no flexibility.
Speaker 1: Work life balance.
Speaker 2: Or like flexible hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would just say hours because a lot of people hate that they can't make this show or they can't pick up their kids anymore.
Speaker 2: It's a long vacation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, from home.
Speaker 1: If you're working with late nights or early.
Speaker 2: More, is that so we're just having to go to the office eight to five?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: So I have two locked in right now, I have not enough money and you're working too many hours. Let's get the question one more time.
Speaker 2: You don't think at oh?
Speaker 3: Okay. A new survey asked five thousand people why did you quit your job? And I have the most common responses from that question. I need you to come up with the top four, but to make sure none of you quit mid questions, and I'll toss you a lifeline. Tell me number between one and four, and I'll tell you what's behind it.
Speaker 1: Let's do number four.
Speaker 3: Number four? Was the pay sucked.
Speaker 2: Down there? I still think because you have too many hours. I think that that's different than not being able to work remotely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, aren't people sick of working remotely now?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Three of my friends switched to jobs just to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it's it makes your life like you can get things done.
Speaker 1: I feel like you get lonely. I would ask, I don't think about like your boss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that environment, the environment, like just the staff alone.
Speaker 1: Yours have like a bad sense of fashion and like noisy to see.
Speaker 2: He's been calling me hobo Jim all day, a beanie bro.
Speaker 1: We're indoors. That's okay.
Speaker 4: I've had.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I have. You don't make enough money, you have a horrible boss, you work too many hours. And the last one is don't I don't think the working remote is in there. I don't think people are that into.
Speaker 3: It if you're just tired of it, like the customer service.
Speaker 2: She had three friends that switched jobs, but just to work remotely.
Speaker 1: But I like actually what she said before that, which was I'm tired of it, Like you don't care about your job, Like you're not passionate about what you do, but you.
Speaker 3: Would be if you got paid more.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, yeah I did. That's gonna be my my last one. No passion for the job.
Speaker 3: I don't like that. According to a survey of people who recently changed their career status, here are the top four most common reasons people are quitting their jobs. Number four was in your lifeline, that was the pay sucked. You got that correct, all right. Number three was management or your boss sucked or didn't care about.
Speaker 4: You around that.
Speaker 3: Number two was people being overworked or working long hours. Four and the number quickest job and the number one most common reason people say they're quitting their job was they were not motivated or burnt out.
Speaker 1: Wrong God, job, that was teamwork. I like the people that I worked with. I'm gonna stick around. All right, Well that's got it right. Digital Jake's gonna get shocked. And while he does, he's going to be singing Baby one more Time by Britney Spears.
Speaker 3: My loneliness is killing me, and confess I still.
Speaker 1: Believe, still believe.
Speaker 3: When I'm not with you, I lose my mind. Give me a sun baby one month.
Speaker 4: That is so color.
Speaker 2: He's proud at that moment.
Speaker 1: A shock collar question of the day. Got your phone tap coming up in just a few minutes.